Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYP11A1
Description: cytochrome P450 family 11 subfamily A member 1
Alias: CYP11A, CYPXIA1, P450SCC, cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme, mitochondrial, cholesterol 20-22 desmolase, cholesterol monooxygenase (side-chain cleaving), cytochrome P450 11A1, cytochrome P450 family 11 subfamily A polypeptide 1, cytochrome P450(scc), cytochrome P450, subfamily XIA (cholesterol side chain cleavage), steroid 20-22-lyase
Publications359 found, 100 shown here
- Microsatellite polymorphism of steroid hormone synthesis gene CYP11A1 is associated with advanced prostate cancerTeruaki Kumazawa
Department of Urology, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Int J Cancer 110:140-4. 2004..The human CYP11A1 gene (CYP11A1) encodes the P450scc enzyme, which mediates the first step in sex steroid hormone synthesis...
- The transcriptional regulating protein of 132 kDa (TReP-132) enhances P450scc gene transcription through interaction with steroidogenic factor-1 in human adrenal cellsFlorence Gizard
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University, Quebec GIK 7P4, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:39144-55. 2002The human P450scc gene is regulated by the tissue-specific orphan nuclear receptor, steroidogenic factor-1 (SF-1), which plays a key role in several physiologic processes including steroid synthesis, adrenal and gonadal development, and ..
- Transcription of cholesterol side-chain cleavage cytochrome P450 in the placenta: activating protein-2 assumes the role of steroidogenic factor-1 by binding to an overlapping promoter elementMicha Ben-Zimra
Department of Biological Chemistry, Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel 91904
Mol Endocrinol 16:1864-80. 2002..cell, express high levels of the key steroidogenic enzyme, cholesterol side-chain cleavage cytochrome P450 (P450scc)...
- A systematic assessment of common genetic variation in CYP11A and risk of breast cancerVeronica Wendy Setiawan
Departments of Preventive Medicine and Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Cancer Res 66:12019-25. 2006b>CYP11A catalyzes the rate-limiting step in the biosynthesis of sex-steroid hormones...
- Haplotype analysis of CYP11A1 identifies promoter variants associated with breast cancer riskBrian L Yaspan
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, TN 37232 0275, USA
Cancer Res 67:5673-82. 2007The CYP11A1 gene encodes the cholesterol side chain cleavage enzyme that catalyzes the initial and rate-limiting step of steroidogenesis...
- Transcriptional regulation of human CYP11A1 in gonads and adrenalsIng Cherng Guo
Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Bio Resources and Agriculture, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 14:509-15. 2007The CYP11A1 gene encodes the cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme, also termed cytochrome P450scc, which catalyzes the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone in the first step of steroid biosynthesis in mitochondria...
- The presence of the CYP11A1 (TTTTA)6 allele increases the risk of biochemical relapse in organ confined and low-grade prostate cancerTeja Celhar
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana, Askerceva 7, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 187:28-33. 2008The involvement of the CYP11A1 gene in the synthesis of androgens makes it a compelling candidate for various hormone-dependent diseases, including prostate cancer...
- Genetic variation in CYP11A1 and StAR in relation to endometrial cancer riskKathryn Terry
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, United States
Gynecol Oncol 117:255-9. 2010Together, steroidogenic acute regulator (StAR) and the cholesterol side chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), which is encoded by CYP11A1, mediate the initial and rate-limiting step in steroidogenesis...
- Population-based case-control study of CYP11A gene polymorphism and breast cancer riskWei Zheng
Drpartment of Medicine and Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Centr, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:709-14. 2004The CYP11A gene encodes the cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc) that catalyzes the first and rate-limiting step for the biosynthesis of sex hormones...
- LBP proteins modulate SF1-independent expression of P450scc in human placental JEG-3 cellsNingwu Huang
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0978, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:409-20. 2005The cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme, P450scc, initiates biosynthesis of all steroid hormones...
- Adrenodoxin (Adx) and CYP11A1 (P450scc) induce apoptosis by the generation of reactive oxygen species in mitochondriaEvi Derouet-Hümbert
Department of Biochemistry, Building No 9 2, Saarland University, D 66041 Saarbrucken, Germany
Biol Chem 386:453-61. 2005..g., CYP11A1 (P450 side chain cleavage, P450scc). It is known that the latter two are able to generate reactive oxygen species (ROS) in vitro ...
- The osteogenic transcription factor runx2 controls genes involved in sterol/steroid metabolism, including CYP11A1 in osteoblastsNadiya M Teplyuk
Department of Cell Biology, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655 0106, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:849-61. 2009..Cyp11a1 (P450scc) encodes an approximately 55-kDa mitochondrial enzyme that catalyzes side-chain cleavage of cholesterol and is ..
- The orphan nuclear receptor, liver receptor homolog-1, regulates cholesterol side-chain cleavage cytochrome p450 enzyme in human granulosa cellsJoung W Kim
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Cedars Medical Center, 1400 NW 12th Avenue, East Building 4th floor, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1678-85. 2005..The first step in human ovarian steroidogenesis is catalyzed by cholesterol side-chain cleavage cytochrome P450 (CYP11A1) enzyme...
- Organ-specific and non-organ-specific autoantibodies in children and young adults with autoimmune polyendocrinopathy-candidiasis-ectodermal dystrophy (APECED)R Perniola
Paediatric Unit, Vito Fazzi Regional Hospital, Lecce, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 143:497-503. 2000....
- Site-directed mutagenesis of cytochrome P450scc. II. Effect of replacement of the Arg425 and Arg426 residues on the structural and functional properties of the cytochrome P450sccT N Azeva
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Minsk, 220141, Belarus
Biochemistry (Mosc) 66:564-75. 2001..and site-directed mutagenesis, we identified surface exposed positively charged residues of cytochrome P450scc which might be important for interaction with adrenodoxin...
- Transcriptional regulation of P450scc gene expression in neural and steroidogenic cells: implications for regulation of neurosteroidogenesisP Zhang
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Mol Endocrinol 9:1571-82. 1995Regulation of steroidogenesis in classic endocrine tissues is mediated by transcriptional regulation of the P450scc gene, which encodes the first and rate-limiting cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme...
- Induction of Ad4BP/SF-1, steroidogenic acute regulatory protein, and cytochrome P450scc enzyme system expression in newly established human granulosa cell linesK Hosokawa
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Endocrinology 139:4679-87. 1998..Expression of the electron carrier adrenodoxin (ADX), which is a part of the cytochrome P450scc enzyme system, was very low in nonstimulated cells but was dramatically elevated in FK- and 8-Br-cAMP-stimulated ..
- Light and electron microscopic immunohistochemistry of the localization of adrenal steroidogenic enzymesK Ishimura
Department of Anatomy, Tokushima University, School of Medicine, Japan
Microsc Res Tech 36:445-53. 1997..Light microscopical investigations showed that cytochromes P450 of cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc) and of 11 beta-hydroxylase (P45011 beta), 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/ delta 5-4 isomerase (3 beta HSD), ..
- Steroidogenic enzyme P450c17 is expressed in the embryonic central nervous systemN A Compagnone
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Endocrinology 136:5212-23. 1995..previously demonstrated that the messenger RNAs (mRNA) for the cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme, cytochrome P450scc, and one form of 11 beta-hydroxylase, cytochrome P450c11 beta, are regionally expressed in the adult rat brain...
- Molecular and cellular mechanisms used in the acute phase of stimulated steroidogenesisM Thomson
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Western Sydney Nepean, Kingswood, Australia
Horm Metab Res 30:16-28. 1998..transported through the contact sites to the inner membrane and on reaching cytochrome P450 side chain cleavage (P450scc), cholesterol is converted to pregnenolone...
- Introduction of a gonadotropin receptor expression plasmid into immortalized granulosa cells leads to reconstitution of hormone-dependent steroidogenesisB S Suh
Department of Hormone Research, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot
J Cell Biol 119:439-50. 1992..These cells lost their response to gonadotropins, but expressed the cytochrome P450scc mitochondrial system enzymes and produced progesterone and 20 alpha-hydroxy-4-pregnan-3-one (20 alpha-OH-P) upon ..
- Progesterone synthesis by the human placentaRobert C Tuckey
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley WA 6009, Australia
Placenta 26:273-81. 2005..step of placental progesterone synthesis is the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone by cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1) in placental mitochondria in a reaction requiring electrons delivered via adrenodoxin reductase and adrenodoxin...
- The pharmacology of neurosteroidogenesisE Costa
Fidia Georgetown Institute for the Neurosciences, Georgetown University Medical School, Washington, DC 20007
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 49:385-9. 1994..tissues including glial cells, the conversion of cholesterol into pregnenolone is catalyzed by the cytochrome P450scc located in the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- Screening for mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein and steroidogenic factor-1 genes, and in CYP11A and dosage-sensitive sex reversal-adrenal hypoplasia gene on the X chromosome, gene-1 (DAX-1), in hyperandrogenic hirsute womenR M Calvo
Department of Endocrinology, , Madrid 28034, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1746-9. 2001..and the adrenal is the conversion of cholesterol into pregnenolone by cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), encoded by the gene CYP11A, after cholesterol is introduced into the mitochondria by the steroidogenic acute ..
- The cytochrome P450scc system opens an alternate pathway of vitamin D3 metabolismAndrzej Slominski
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Tennessee, Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
FEBS J 272:4080-90. 2005We show that cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1) in either a reconstituted system or in isolated adrenal mitochondria can metabolize vitamin D3...
- Effects of polychlorinated biphenyl (Aroclor 1254) on steroidogenesis and antioxidant system in cultured adult rat Leydig cellsPalaniappan Murugesan
Department of Endocrinology, Dr ALM Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani Campus, Chennai 600 113, India
J Endocrinol 192:325-38. 2007..LH receptors and activities of steroidogenic enzymes, such as cytochrome P(450) side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), 3beta-HSD, and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17beta-HSD)...
- Gene expression profiling during spermatogenesis in early maturing male Atlantic salmon parr testesGersende Maugars
Department of Wildlife, Fish and Environmental Studies, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 901 83 Umea, Sweden
Gen Comp Endocrinol 159:178-87. 2008..homolog), steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR), cytochrome P450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta(5)-Delta(4)-isomerase (3beta-HSD), cytochrome P450 17alpha-hydroxylase/..
- Neurosteroid biosynthesis: genes for adrenal steroidogenic enzymes are expressed in the brainS H Mellon
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco 94143 0556
Brain Res 629:283-92. 1993..We detected mRNAs for adrenodoxin, P450scc (cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme) and P450c11 beta (11 beta-hydroxylase) but not for P450c17 (17 alpha-..
- Polypyrimidine tract-binding protein-associated splicing factor is a negative regulator of transcriptional activity of the porcine p450scc insulin-like growth factor response elementR J Urban
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 1060, USA
Mol Endocrinol 14:774-82. 2000The porcine P-450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme gene (P450scc) contains a 30-bp region [insulin-like growth factor response element (IGFRE)] that mediates insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I)-stimulated gene expression and binds ..
- Comparative structural and immunochemical characterization of recombinant and natural cytochrome p450scc (CYPXIAI)G I Lepesheva
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, ul Zhodinskaya 5 2, Minsk, 220141 Belarus
Biochemistry (Mosc) 63:224-34. 1998Optimization of the conditions for heterologous expression of recombinant cytochrome P450scc in E. coli provided an expression level of about 420 nmoles of cytochrome P450scc per liter of bacterial culture...
- Optimizing the conditions of a multiple reaction monitoring assay for membrane proteins: quantification of cytochrome P450 11A1 and adrenodoxin reductase in bovine adrenal cortex and retinaWei Li Liao
Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Anal Chem 82:5760-7. 2010..on the optimization of sample preparation conditions for the quantification of two membrane proteins, cytochrome P450 11A1 (CYP11A1) and adrenodoxin reductase (AdR)...
- The role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in the regulation of mouse Leydig cell steroidogenesisY Xiong
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois, Chicago 60612 7342
Endocrinology 132:2438-44. 1993..both basal and 8-Br-cAMP-stimulated testosterone production, as well as cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc) and 17 alpha-hydroxylase/C17,20 lyase (P450c17), were investigated. Treatment of Leydig cells with 0.1, 1...
- Reconstruction of mitochondrial cytochrome P450-dependent steroid hydroxylases in artificial phospholipid membranes: studies of cytochrome P450scc topology by limited proteolysisA V Krivosheev
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Minsk, Belarus
Biochemistry (Mosc) 62:1064-73. 1997Highly purified cytochrome P450scc from bovine adrenal cortex mitochondria was inserted in artificial phospholipid membranes prepared from phosphatidylcholine to study the main principles of its membrane organization in the model system...
- Expression and regulation of adrenodoxin and P450scc mRNA in rodent tissuesS H Mellon
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco 94143 0556
DNA Cell Biol 10:339-47. 1991..cholesterol through its three protein components: adrenodoxin reductase, adrenodoxin, and the terminal oxidase, P450scc. We have previously shown that P450scc mRNA is regulated by tropic hormones and cAMP by a cycloheximide-..
- Submitochondrial distribution of three key steroidogenic proteins (steroidogenic acute regulatory protein and cytochrome p450scc and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isomerase enzymes) upon stimulation by intracellular calcium in adrenal glomerulosa celN Cherradi
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University Hospital, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 272:7899-907. 1997..In contrast, neither Ca2+ nor Ang II had any effect on the submitochondrial distribution of cytochrome P450scc and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isomerase...
- Curvature properties of novel forms of phosphatidylcholine with branched acyl chainsR M Epand
Department of Biochemistry, McMaster University Health Sciences Center, Hamilton, Canada
Eur J Biochem 267:2909-15. 2000..been shown to have marked stimulatory effects on the side-chain cleavage activity of cytochrome P450SCC (CYP11A1), an enzyme of the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- Expression of SCC in ovarian granulosa cells and cultured cells, induced rapid structural changes in mitochondriaT Yoshinaga-Hirabayashi
Department of Anatomy, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Ital J Anat Embryol 106:51-7. 2001In this study, the relation of P450scc expression and mitochondrial ultrastructure was examined in rat granulosa cells at the time of ovulation, and in the NIH/3T3 cells...
- Semi-quantitative RT-PCR analysis of environmental influence on P450scc and PNMT mRNA expression in rat adrenal glandsK Morita
Department of Pharmacology, Tokushima University School of Medicine, Kuramoto, Japan
Life Sci 70:73-80. 2001..conditions on the steady-state levels of mRNAs encoding cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (cytochrome P450scc) and phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PNMT) in adrenal glands was examined to investigate the ..
- A pathway for the metabolism of vitamin D3: unique hydroxylated metabolites formed during catalysis with cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1)O Guryev
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9038, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14754-9. 2003..In this article, we describe in vitro experiments using purified mitochondrial cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1) reconstituted with the iron-sulfer protein, adrenodoxin, and the flavoprotein, adrenodoxin reductase, ..
- Sex differences, developmental changes, response to injury and cAMP regulation of the mRNA levels of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein, cytochrome p450scc, and aromatase in the olivocerebellar systemEsteban Lavaque
Instituto Cajal, C S I C, E 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Neurobiol 66:308-18. 2006..factors, such as the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR), cytochrome P450 side chain cleavage (P450scc), and aromatase, at this neural site has been reported...
- Leydig cell re-generation and expression of cell signaling molecules in the germ cell-free testisP J O'Shaughnessy
Division of Cell Sciences, Institute of Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Bearsden Road, Glasgow G61 1QH, UK
Reproduction 135:851-8. 2008..were marked declines in levels of Leydig cell-specific mRNA transcripts coding for steroidogenic enzymes cytochrome P450 11a1 (Cyp11a1), cytochrome P450 17a1 (Cyp17a1), 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (Hsd3b1), 17beta-..
- Pregnenolone stabilizes microtubules and promotes zebrafish embryonic cell movementHwei Jan Hsu
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Nature 439:480-3. 2006..which is produced from cholesterol by the steroidogenic enzyme Cyp11a1 (cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme, P450scc), functions in promoting cell migration during epiboly...
- An alternative pathway of vitamin D metabolism. Cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1)-mediated conversion to 20-hydroxyvitamin D2 and 17,20-dihydroxyvitamin D2Andrzej Slominski
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
FEBS J 273:2891-901. 2006..an alternative, hydroxylating pathway for the metabolism of vitamin D2 in a cytochrome P450 side chain cleavage (P450scc; CYP11A1) reconstituted system...
- cAMP regulates P450scc gene expression by a cycloheximide-insensitive mechanism in cultured mouse Leydig MA-10 cellsS H Mellon
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco 94143
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:7775-9. 1989..ovine luteinizing hormone, forskolin, or 8-bromoadenosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate, stimulated cytochrome P450scc mRNA accumulation 1.5- to 3-fold and progesterone secretion 10- to 100-fold in MA-10 cells...
- The cDNA cloning and tissue expression of the cytochrome P450scc from Syrian hamster (Mesocricetus auratus)F Vilchis
Department of Reproductive Biology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga No 15, Mexico DF 14000, Mexico
Gen Comp Endocrinol 126:279-86. 2002In this study we report the cloning and sequencing of a cDNA for cholesterol side chain cleavage cytochrome P450scc from Syrian hamster adrenal glands...
- Regulation of the human P450scc gene by steroidogenic factor 1 is mediated by CBP/p300D Monte
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Centre and Laval University, Sainte Foy, Quebec, G1V 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 273:4585-91. 1998Regulation of the human CYP11A gene encoding cytochrome P450scc, which catalyzes the first step of steroid synthesis, is regulated by many trans-acting transcription factors including steroidogenic factor 1 (SF-1)...
- Pathways and products for the metabolism of vitamin D3 by cytochrome P450sccRobert C Tuckey
School of Biomolecular, Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA, Australia
FEBS J 275:2585-96. 2008Cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1) can hydroxylate vitamin D3 to produce 20-hydroxyvitamin D3 and other poorly characterized hydroxylated products...
- Kinetics of vitamin D3 metabolism by cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1) in phospholipid vesicles and cyclodextrinRobert C Tuckey
School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, M310, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA 6009, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:2619-26. 2008Vitamin D3 can be hydroxylated sequentially by cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1) producing 20-hydroxyvitamin D3, 20,23-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and 17,20,23-trihydroxyvitamin D3...
- Covalently crosslinked complexes of bovine adrenodoxin with adrenodoxin reductase and cytochrome P450scc. Mass spectrometry and Edman degradation of complexes of the steroidogenic hydroxylase systemE C Müller
Max Delbruck Centrum fur Molekulare Medizin, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:1837-43. 2001..electrons from the FAD of adrenodoxin reductase to the heme iron of the catalytically active cytochrome P450 (P450scc)...
- Immunohistochemical identification of cells expressing steroidogenic enzymes cytochrome P450scc and P450 aromatase in taste buds of rat circumvallate papillaeKuniaki Toyoshima
Division of Oral Histology and Neurobiology, Department of Biosciences, Kyushu Dental College, Kitakyushu, Japan
Arch Histol Cytol 70:215-24. 2007..localizations and patterns of expression of key enzymes for steroidogenesis, cytochrome P450 side-chain-cleavage (P450scc), and P450 aromatase in the taste buds of rat circumvallate papillae, using immunoblot analyses and ..
- Metabolism of 1alpha-hydroxyvitamin D3 by cytochrome P450scc to biologically active 1alpha,20-dihydroxyvitamin D3Robert C Tuckey
School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, M310, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA 6009, Australia
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 112:213-9. 2008Cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1) metabolizes vitamin D3 to 20-hydroxyvitamin D3 as the major product, with subsequent production of dihydroxy and trihydroxy derivatives...
- Hormonal and developmental regulation of adrenodoxin messenger ribonucleic acid in steroidogenic tissuesR Voutilainen
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco 94143
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 66:383-8. 1988..in steroidogenesis as an electron transport intermediate for mitochondrial cytochromes P450, including P450scc, the cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme...
- Structural basis for three-step sequential catalysis by the cholesterol side chain cleavage enzyme CYP11A1Natalia Mast
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 286:5607-13. 2011Mitochondrial cytochrome P450 11A1 (CYP11A1 or P450 11A1) is the only known enzyme that cleaves the side chain of cholesterol, yielding pregnenolone, the precursor of all steroid hormones...
- Partial defect in the cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme P450scc (CYP11A1) resembling nonclassic congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasiaTaninee Sahakitrungruang
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0978, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:792-8. 2011The cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), encoded by the CYP11A1 gene, converts cholesterol to pregnenolone to initiate steroidogenesis...
- Characterization of the rat Star gene that encodes the predominant 3.5-kilobase pair mRNA. ACTH stimulation of adrenal steroids in vivo precedes elevation of Star mRNA and proteinN Ariyoshi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 273:7610-9. 1998..protein (STAR) participates in steroidogenesis through the mitochondrial transfer of cholesterol to cytochrome P450scc. The rat adrenal Star gene is transcribed as a 3. 5-kilobase pair (kb) and 1...
- A novel zinc finger protein TReP-132 interacts with CBP/p300 to regulate human CYP11A1 gene expressionF Gizard
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University, Quebec G1K 7P4, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:33881-92. 2001The human CYP11A1 gene is expressed specifically in steroidogenic tissues and encodes cytochrome P450scc, which catalyzes the first step in steroid synthesis...
- Homozygous mutation of P450 side-chain cleavage enzyme gene (CYP11A1) in 46, XY patient with adrenal insufficiency, complete sex reversal, and agenesis of corpus callosumHessa al Kandari
King Fahad Hospital, King Abdul Aziz Medical City, P O Box 22490, Pediatric Department 1510, Riyadh 11426, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2821-6. 2006..Defective enzyme activity leads to the deficiency of all steroid hormones, including progesterone, which is essential to sustain term pregnancy...
- Comparative study of topogenesis of cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1) and its hybrids with adrenodoxin expressed in Escherichia coli cellsA A Vinogradova
Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 72:208-14. 2007Hybrid proteins consisting of the mature form of cytochrome P450scc (mP) and adrenodoxin (Ad), attached to either the NH2- or COOH-terminus (Ad-mP and mP-Ad, respectively), were expressed in E. coli...
- Neurosteroids and epileptogenesis in the pilocarpine model: evidence for a relationship between P450scc induction and length of the latent periodGiuseppe Biagini
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Epilepsia 50:53-8. 2009Cytochrome P450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc) catalyzes the initial step in the biosynthesis of neurosteroids within the brain...
- Transcriptional regulation of the human FTZ-F1 gene encoding Ad4BP/SF-1K Oba
The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Maidashi Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8582, Japan
J Biochem 128:517-28. 2000..of the hFTZ-F1 gene was in striking contrast to the regulation of steroidogenic CYP genes, such as the human CYP11A gene, in which the proximal promoter activity is Ad4BP-dependent and the transactivation by Ad4BP is silenced by ..
- DAX-1 blocks steroid production at multiple levelsE Lalli
, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, , , Strasbourg, France
Endocrinology 139:4237-43. 1998..This is explained by the repression of P450scc and 3beta-HSD expression, in addition to StAR...
- Human adrenodoxin reductase: two mRNAs encoded by a single gene on chromosome 17cen----q25 are expressed in steroidogenic tissuesS B Solish
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:7104-8. 1988..The expression of the adrenodoxin reductase gene may be stimulated by pituitary tropic hormones acting through cAMP, but its response is quantitatively much less than the responses of P450scc and adrenodoxin.
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide-induced expression of cytochrome P450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage and 17 alpha-hydroxylase enzyme activity in hen granulosa cellsA L Johnson
Department of Animal Science, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick 08903
Biol Reprod 51:327-33. 1994..whether vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) can regulate expression of cytochrome P450 side-chain cleavage (P450scc) and P450 17 alpha-hydroxylase (P450 17 alpha-OH) mRNA levels and enzyme activity in granulosa cells from ..
- Inhibition of steroidogenesis by luteal cells of early pregnancy in the rat in response to in vitro administration of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonistR K Srivastava
Department of Physiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310 1495
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 49:73-9. 1994..a concomitant increase in luteal lipid droplets and decreases in the luteal cytochrome P450 side chain cleavage (P450scc) enzyme and its mRNA content...
- A StAR search: implications in controlling steroidgenesisD M Stocco
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock 79430, USA
Biol Reprod 56:328-36. 1997..the level of cholesterol delivery to the inner mitochondrial membrane, the site of the P450 side-chain cleavage (P450scc) enzyme that will convert it to pregnenolone, the first steroid synthesized...
- Changes in androgen-producing cell size and circulating 11-ketotestosterone level during female-male sex change of honeycomb grouper Epinephelus merraMohammad Ashraful Alam
Sesoko Station, Tropical Biosphere Research Center, University of the Ryukyus, Motobu, Okinawa, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 73:206-14. 2006..We examined the dynamics of steroidogenic enzymes immunolocalization, viz cholesterol side-chain cleavage (P450scc), biomarker of steroids and cytochrome P45011beta-hydroxylase (P45011beta), downstream to 11-KT production, ..
- Liver X receptor activation enhances cholesterol loss from the brain, decreases neuroinflammation, and increases survival of the NPC1 mouseJoyce J Repa
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas 75390 9151, USA
J Neurosci 27:14470-80. 2007..genes associated with the formation of 24(S)-hydroxycholesterol or neurosteroids such as CYP46A1, 3alphaHSD, and CYP11A1. However, levels of the sterol transporters ABCA1 and ATP-binding cassette transporter G1 were increased...
- Evidence for an inhibitory role of bone morphogenetic protein(s) in the follicular-luteal transition in cattleAmjad R Kayani
School of Biological Sciences, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, UK
Reproduction 137:67-78. 2009..of STAR mRNA and raised 'basal' CYP17A1 mRNA level in theca-lutein cells without affecting expression of CYP11A1 or hydroxy-Delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid Delta-isomerase 1 (HSD3B1)...
- Efficacy of exemestane, a new generation of aromatase inhibitor, on sex differentiation in a gonochoristic fishSabina Ruksana
Sesoko Station, Tropical Biosphere Research Center, University of the Ryukyus, Sesoko 3422, Motobu, Okinawa 905 0227, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 152:69-74. 2010..fish showed strong gonadal expression of the steroidogenic enzymes P450 cholesterol-side chain-cleavage enzyme (P450scc), 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD), and cytochrome P450 aromatase (P450arom)...
- Citrinin reduces testosterone secretion by inducing apoptosis in rat Leydig cellsShuqiang Liu
College of Biological Science and Technology, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing 100083, People s Republic of China
Toxicol In Vitro 26:856-61. 2012..Western blot assays also showed that CTN decreased expression of three key enzymes (P450scc, 3β-HSD-1, and StAR) of testosterone production...
- Caffeine-induced activated glucocorticoid metabolism in the hippocampus causes hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis inhibition in fetal ratsDan Xu
Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
PLoS ONE 7:e44497. 2012..expression of fetal adrenal steroid acute regulatory protein (StAR) and cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), as well as the level of fetal adrenal endogenous corticosterone (CORT), were all significantly decreased after ..
- 22-NBD-cholesterol as a novel fluorescent substrate for cholesterol-converting oxidoreductasesYaroslav V Faletrov
Research Institute for Physical Chemical Problems, Belarusian State University, Leningradskaya Str 14, 220030 Minsk, Belarus
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 134:59-66. 2013..22-NBD-cholesterol), a common fluorescent sterol analog, binds into active sites of bovine cytochrome P450scc and microbial cholesterol dehydrogenases (CHDHs) and then undergoes regiospecific oxidations by these enzymes...
- The effect of mitotane on viability, steroidogenesis and gene expression in NCI‑H295R adrenocortical cellsTomasz P Lehmann
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznań 60 781, Poland
Mol Med Rep 7:893-900. 2013..Concomitantly, mitotane resulted in decreased mRNA levels of two cytochromes P450 (CYP11A1 and CYP17A1), mRNAs encoding proteins involved in the synthesis of cortisol and DHEAS...
- Foetal exposure to Panax ginseng extract reverts the effects of prenatal dexamethasone in the synthesis of testosterone by Leydig cells of the adult ratMaria I Wanderley
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Int J Exp Pathol 94:230-40. 2013..StAR immunoexpression in Leydig cells was not modified by prenatal exposure to DEXA, GE or DEXA + GE. P450scc and glucocorticoid receptor immunoexpression was higher in offspring exposed to DEXA in comparison with the ..
- Growth Arrest Specific-1 (GAS1) Is a C/EBP Target Gene That Functions in Ovulation and Corpus Luteum Formation in MiceYi A Ren
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Biol Reprod 94:44. 2016..Interestingly, levels of mRNA for a number of genes (Cyp11a1, Star, Wnt4, Prlr, Cd52, and Sema3a) associated with luteinization are decreased in corpora lutea of Gas1 mutant ..
- Assessment of the endocrine-disrupting effects of short-chain chlorinated paraffins in in vitro modelsQuan Zhang
College of Environment, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310032, China College of Environment and Resource Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Environ Int 94:43-50. 2016..StAR, 17βHSD, CYP11A1, CYP11B1, CYP19 and CYP21 were upregulated in a concentration-dependent manner by all chemicals...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibits leydig cell steroidogenesis through a decrease in steroidogenic acute regulatory protein expressionC Mauduit
INSERM U407, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Endocrinology 139:2863-8. 1998..an observation suggested that the cytokine may affect cholesterol transport and/or availability to cytochrome P450scc in the mitochondria...
- Transcriptional regulation of the rat steroidogenic acute regulatory protein gene by steroidogenic factor 1T W Sandhoff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa 33606, USA
Endocrinology 139:4820-31. 1998..to facilitate cholesterol transport to the inner mitochondrial membrane-bound P450 side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), the first enzymatic step in the steroid hormone biosynthetic pathway...
- Comparative structural-functional characterization of recombinant and natural adrenodoxin. Interaction with cytochrome P450sccG I Lepesheva
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Minsk, 220141, Belarus
Biochemistry (Mosc) 64:1079-88. 1999..The interactions of the natural and recombinant adrenodoxins with cytochrome P450scc have been studied and compared with respect to: the efficiency of their enzymatic reduction of cytochrome P450scc ..
- Conformational dynamics and molecular interaction reactions of recombinant cytochrome p450scc (CYP11A1) detected by fluorescence energy transferG I Lepesheva
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, 220141, Minsk, Belarus
Biochim Biophys Acta 1434:31-43. 1999Bovine adrenocortical cytochrome P450scc (P450scc) was expressed in Escherichia coli and purified as the substrate bound, high-spin complex (16.7 nmol of heme per mg of protein, expression level in E. coli about 400-700 nmol/l)...
- Cellular distribution and bioactivity of the key steroidogenic enzyme, cytochrome P450side chain cleavage, in sensory neural pathwaysChristine Patte-Mensah
Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie Cellulaire et Intégrée, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7519 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Louis Pasteur, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Neurochem 86:1233-46. 2003..We studied the presence and activity of cytochrome P450side chain cleavage (P450scc) in rat pain pathways...
- Transcriptional regulation of P450scc gene expression in the embryonic rodent nervous systemFabian Hammer
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0556, San Francisco, CA 94143 0556, USA
Endocrinology 145:901-12. 2004..with the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone, catalyzed by mitochondrial P450 side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc)...
- The potential function of steroid sulphatase activity in steroid production and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein expressionTeruo Sugawara
Department of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita ku, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Biochem J 380:153-60. 2004..Steroidogenic activities of COS-1 cells that had been co-transfected with a vector for the cholesterol P450scc (cytochrome P450 side-chain-cleavage enzyme) system, named F2, a StAR expression vector (pStAR), and an STS ..
- A novel pathway for sequential transformation of 7-dehydrocholesterol and expression of the P450scc system in mammalian skinAndrzej Slominski
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Tennessee, Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
Eur J Biochem 271:4178-88. 2004..from progesterone, we now show widespread cutaneous expression of the full cytochrome P450 side-chain cleavage (P450scc) system required for the intracellular catalytic production of pregnenolone, i.e...
- Testicular toxicity of profenofos in matured male ratsGihan Gamal Moustafa
Laboratory of Toxicology, Department of Environmental Veterinary Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, N18, W9, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 0818, Japan
Arch Toxicol 81:875-81. 2007..to steroidogenesis including cytochrome P450 17A1 (CYP17A1), steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) and CYP11A1 were significantly increased...
- Metabolism of vitamin d2 to 17,20,24-trihydroxyvitamin d2 by cytochrome p450scc (CYP11A1)Minh N Nguyen
School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA 6009, Australia
Drug Metab Dispos 37:761-7. 2009As well as catalyzing the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone for steroid synthesis, cytochrome P450scc (P450scc) can also metabolize vitamins D2 (D2) and D3 (D3)...
- Fetal testis dysgenesis and compromised Leydig cell function in Tgfbr3 (beta glycan) knockout miceMai A Sarraj
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Biol Reprod 82:153-62. 2010..The expression levels of the Leydig cell markers Insl3, Cyp17a1, Cyp11a1, Star, and Hsd3b1 were reduced in knockout testis compared to wild-type testis, beginning at 12.5 dpc...
- Contributions of steroidogenic factor 1 to the transcription landscape of Y1 mouse adrenocortical tumor cellsBernard P Schimmer
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, 112 College St, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1L6
Mol Cell Endocrinol 336:85-91. 2011..The knockdown of SF-1 did not affect the accumulation of Cyp11a1 transcripts even though the amount of SF-1 bound to the proximal promoter of the gene was reduced to background ..
- Influence of standing estrus before an injection of GnRH during a beef cattle fixed-time AI protocol on LH release, subsequent concentrations of progesterone, and steriodogenic enzyme expressionS D Fields
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD 57007, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 42:11-9. 2012..addition, there was no effect of estrus, follicle size, or CL weight on luteal expression of LH receptor, StAR, CYP11A1, or 3βHSD. However, there was a correlation between follicle size and CL weight (P = 0.01; R(2) = 0...
- Pregnane glycosides interfere with steroidogenic enzymes to down-regulate corticosteroid production in human adrenocortical H295R cellsSlavko Komarnytsky
Biotech Center, SEBS, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
J Cell Physiol 228:1120-6. 2013..Incubation of pregnane glycosides for 24 h had no effect on mRNA transcripts of CYP11A1, CYP21A1, CYP11B1 cytochrome enzymes and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StaR) protein, yet resulted in ..
- Reversible infertility in a liver receptor homologue-1 (LRH-1)-knockdown mouse modelHan Gerrits
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Women s Health Department, Molenstraat 110, 5342 CC, Oss, The Netherlands Corresponding author Email
Reprod Fertil Dev 26:293-306. 2014..in line with the observed decrease in plasma progesterone levels, key steroid biosynthesis genes, namely Star, Cyp11a1, Hsd3b and Scarb1, were downregulated in LRH-1-knockdown ovaries...
- Dose-dependent alterations in gene expression and testosterone production in fetal rat testis after exposure to di-n-hexyl phthalateAnne Marie Saillenfait
Institut National de Recherche et de Securite, Vandoeuvre, France
J Appl Toxicol 33:1027-35. 2013..e. SR-B1, StAR, P450scc, 3βHSD and P450c17). These inhibitions were dose dependent...
- Wnt signaling inhibits adrenal steroidogenesis by cell-autonomous and non-cell-autonomous mechanismsElisabeth M Walczak
Cellular and Molecular Biology Graduate Program E M W, G D H and Program in Biomedical Sciences N B, University of Michigan Medical School Center for Cancer Biostatistics R K, Department of Biostatistics, University of Michigan School of Public Health Department of Internal Medicine I F, G D H, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes Department of Internal Medicine S M H, D M W, Division of Molecular Medicine and Genetics and Endocrine Oncology Program G D H, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Mol Endocrinol 28:1471-86. 2014..caused decreased corticosterone release consistent with the observed reduced transcription of steroidogenic genes Cyp11a1, Cyp11b1, Star, and Mc2r...
- Exercise prevents the increased anxiety-like behavior in lactational di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate-exposed female rats in late adolescence by improving the regulation of hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axisDean Chuan Wang
Department of Sports Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan Electronic address
Horm Behav 66:674-84. 2014..levels of ACTH and corticosterone, the expressions of adrenal enzymes cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (CYP11A1) and cytochrome P-450 11β-hydroxylase (CYP11B1), and the expression of hypothalamic glucocorticoid receptors (GR)..
- Altered theca and cumulus oocyte complex gene expression, follicular arrest and reduced fertility in cows with dominant follicle follicular fluid androgen excessAdam F Summers
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e110683. 2014..Theca cell mRNA expression of LHCGR, GATA6, CYP11A1, and CYP17A1 was greater in High A4 cows...
- Effect of azaline B on follicular development and functions in the hamsterPrabuddha Chakraborty
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 400:1-9. 2015..The level of Cyp11a1 mRNA increased markedly in LH- or LH + FSH-treated hamsters, whereas FSH with or without LH upregulated ..
- Sex-dependent effects of microcystin-LR on hypothalamic-pituitary-gonad axis and gametogenesis of adult zebrafishWanjing Liu
College of Fisheries, Huazhong Agricultural University, Freshwater Aquaculture Collaborative Innovation Center of Hubei Province, Wuhan 430070, People s Republic of China
Sci Rep 6:22819. 2016..were positively correlated with the number of post-vitellogenic oocytes, while PC1 (gnrh2, lhβ, erβ, fshr, cyp11a and 17βhsd) were positively correlated with the number of spermatozoa...
- MCL1 is a key regulator of steroidogenesis in mouse Leydig cellsLi Guang-Yu
First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Guangxi, P R China
Mol Reprod Dev 83:226-35. 2016..The mRNA abundance of the steroidogenic genes Star, Cyp11a1, Cyp17a1, Hsd3b1, Srd5a, and the luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor Lhcgr were significantly reduced ..
- Transcriptome Analysis of Bovine Ovarian Follicles at Predeviation and Onset of Deviation Stages of a Follicular WavePengfei Li
College of Life Science, Shanxi Agricultural University, Taigu, Shanxi 030801, China
Int J Genomics 2016:3472748. 2016..KEGG pathway analysis revealed two upregulated genes in ODF1 versus PDF1, CYP11A1, and CYP19A1, which are important genes in the steroid hormone biosynthesis pathway...
- Oleic acid induces specific alterations in the morphology, gene expression and steroid hormone production of cultured bovine granulosa cellsVengala Rao Yenuganti
Institute of Reproductive Biology, Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology FBN, 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
Gen Comp Endocrinol 232:134-44. 2016..reduced the transcript abundance of the gonadotropin hormone receptors, FSHR and LHCGR, steroidogenic genes STAR, CYP11A1, HSD3B1 and CYP19A1, the cell cycle regulator CCND2, but not of the proliferation marker PCNA...
- Modulation of gonadotrophin induced steroidogenic enzymes in granulosa cells by d-chiroinositolSandro Sacchi
Mother Infant Department, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via Del Pozzo 41, 41100, Modena, Italy
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 14:52. 2016..regulation, cytochrome P450 family 19 subfamily A member 1 (CYP19A1) and cytochrome P450 side-chain cleavage (P450scc) in primary cultures of human granulosa cells (hGCs)...
- Role of Benzodiazepine Receptor in Leydig Cell FunctionVassilios Papadopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2011..the sequence of molecular events involved in the transfer of cholesterol mobilized by StAR to the cytochrome P450scc via PBR...
- STRUCTURE AND ACTION OF STEROIDOGENIC REGULATORY PROTEINHIMANGSHU BOSE; Fiscal Year: 2002..of all steroid hormones is the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone by the mitochondrial cytochrome P450scc system...
- STAR AND SF-1: ESTROGEN SYNTHESIS AND BREAST CANCER RISKRobert Haile; Fiscal Year: 2000..StAR facilities transport of cholesterol across the mitochondrial membrane to cytochrome P450scc which converts cholesterol to the steroid precursor, pregnenolone...
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF STEROIDOGENESISSynthia Mellon; Fiscal Year: 1990..Employing probes for the cholesterol side chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), 21-hydroxylase (P450c21), and 17-hydroxylase (P450c17), we propose to use in situ hybridization histochemistry ..
- ROLES OF STAR IN REGULATED STEROIDOGENESISKeith Parker; Fiscal Year: 2007..predominantly reflects increased delivery of cholesterol substrate to the cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme (Cyp11a) in the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- SF-1 INDEPENDENT TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF P450SCCNingwu Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant) The cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme, cytochrome P450scc, initiates the biosynthesis of all steroid hormones and is the rate-limiting and hormonally regulated step...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF STEROIDOGENESISWALTER MILLER; Fiscal Year: 1999..The first is the cholesterol side chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), which carries out the rate-limiting step in the production of steroid hormones...
- Irina A Pikuleva; Fiscal Year: 2016..Outside the liver, two P450s are particularly important, CYP46A1 and CYP11A1, which metabolize the majority of cholesterol in the brain and steroidogenic tissues, respectively...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Atrazine in Altering the Endocrine Gene NetworkHolly A Ingraham; Fiscal Year: 2010..upregulate SF-1 targets and other genes critical for steroid synthesis and reproduction, including Cyp19A1, StAR, Cyp11A1, hCG, FSTL3, LHss, INH1, 1GSU, and 11ss-HSD2...
- THE MOLECULAR BASIS OF ADRENARCHE: DISSECTION OF P450C17Richard Auchus; Fiscal Year: 2000..rise in DHEA-S production that defines adrenarche cannot occur unless pregnenolone, generated by the action of P450scc on cholesterol in the adrenal mitochondria, can escape the action of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta5-4-..
- Placental progesterone biosynthesis in preterm pregnancyEileen Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..P450 side chain cleavage (P450scc) and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I (3bHSD-1) act to convert cholesterol to P...
- Mechanism of Metformin Action in Normal and PCOS Theca CellsJan M McAllister; Fiscal Year: 2012..the role(s) of LKB1, AMPK, and the salt inducible kinases, SIK1 and SIK2, in metformin inhibition of CYP17 and CYP11A1 gene expression and androgen biosynthesis in normal and PCOS theca cells propagated in long-term culture...
- Novel Biosynthethic Pathway for Secosteroids and the SkinAndrzej T Slominski; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The discovery of new secosteroidogenic pathways, regulated by P450scc represents a fundamental and unexpected advance in skin biology, endocrinology, and pharmacotherapy of vitamin D3...
- Leptin and hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal function in the long-term hypoxic fetusCharles A Ducsay; Fiscal Year: 2013..LTH fetus also adapts in response to LTH including a reduced expression of key steroidogenic enzymes (CYP17 and CYP11A1). Cumulatively, these seemingly contradictory adaptations in the hypothalamo-pituitary vs...
- Genes, Hormones and Breast Cancer RiskVeronica Wendy Setiawan; Fiscal Year: 2010..are associated with plasma hormone levels, 2) characterize genetic variation of estrogen biosynthesis genes (CYP11A, CYP17, CYP19, HSD3B1, HSD3B2, HSD17B1, HSD17B2, and SHBG) using a two-pronged approach (putative functional ..
- Mechanism of action of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR)Himangshu S Bose; Fiscal Year: 2013..mechanism facilitates the movement of cholesterol from the OMM to IMM, thus regulating the flow of substrate to P450scc for steroidogenesis...
- Genetic Polymorphisms Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will evaluate the CYP11A1, CYP17, CYP19, 3Beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, 17BETA hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 2,3, 5, and SRD5A2 ..
- Genes, Hormones & Environment in an Ovarian Cancer ModelDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2007..By affecting steroid production, genetic variants of 3 and 17betaHSD, CYP11A, CYP17, and CYP 19 may affect risk for ovarian cancer...
- 17 alpha-Hydroxylase Expression in Human Ovarian CellsJan M McAllister; Fiscal Year: 2010..directly affect the down stream signaling components of each homologous pathway to the extent that CYP17 and CYP11A1 gene expression, and androgen biosynthesis are up-regulated in PCOS theca cells...
- BREAST CANCER AND GENE POLYMORPHISMS IN CHINESE WOMENChu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..whether most known polymorphisms of a number of genes involved in the biosynthesis and catabolism of estrogens (CYP11a, CYP17, EDH17beta2, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, COMT), and those for the androgen receptor, estrogen receptor and IGF-..
- CORPUS LUTEUM SCP2 EXPRESSION PHOSPHORYLATION & FUNCTIONMARK MC LEAN; Fiscal Year: 2000In the corpus luteum, cholesterol transport to the mitochondrial P450 side chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc) is thought to be the rate limiting step in steroid production...
- EPIGENETIC EFFECT OF METHOXYCHLOR ON OVARIAN DEVELOPMENTMehmet Uzumcu; Fiscal Year: 2007..DNA methylation and critical gene expression (e.g., StAR, P450scc, LHR) for adult ovarian function will be examined...
- Modulation by dioxin of ovarian estrogen synthesisREINHOLD HUTZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..g., by modifying levels of P450 side-chain cleavage (SCC, CYP11A) or aromatase (CYP19) mRNA, protein and activity; and has no effect on estrogen-metabolizing enzymes (CYP1A1, 1B1)...
- FUNCTION AND STRUCTURE OF HUMAN FERREDOXINLARRY VICKERY; Fiscal Year: 1992..and 3) identify residues involved in binding and electron transfer with NADPH- oxidoreductase and cytochromes P450scc and P450-11Beta...
- MECHANISMS OF IGF I STIMULATED OVARIAN STEROIDOGENESISRandall Urban; Fiscal Year: 2000..IGF-I regulates the rate-limiting enzyme in the steroidogenic pathway, P-450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage (P450scc). Dr...
- Role of CRH in skin physiology and pathologyAndrzej Slominski; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., melanocytes and keratinocytes, and test the role of CRH/CRH-R1 axis in the regulation of human hair growth. ..
- STEROID HYDROXYLASES IN NORMAL AND ABNORMAL ADRENALSBOYD HARDING; Fiscal Year: 1980..Their function will be studied by determining their relationship to protein kinases and phosphodiesterases and by examining their effects on cholesterol transport to mitochondrial P450scc and upon the catalytic activity of this enzyme.
- ANDROGEN PRODUCTION IN ADRENARCHE AND PCOSWALTER MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Interactions, Estrogen, and Risk of Breast CancerKathleen Egan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Genes included in this proposal are involved at key branch points in estrogen synthesis (STAR, CYP11A1, HSD 3B, CYP17, CYP19, HSD17B , TNF, IL6, PPAR G, STS), in steroid signaling (ESR1, ESR2, PGR, SHBG, AIB1), and ..
- ESTROGEN, DIET, GENETICS AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCERSara Olson; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will provide data on genetic susceptibility in endometrial cancer in conjunction with established risk factors, as well as the first epidemiologic data on the more lethal serous and clear cell tumors. ..
- The function of Runx1 in the ovaryMisung Jo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge can be applied for promoting or inhibiting these critical facets of ovarian physiology, thereby allowing us to better manage fertility, infertility, and ovarian-based disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Can acclimation to toxins lead to sustained resistance?ALAN KOLOK; Fiscal Year: 2002..We hypothesize that the results of the larval survivability tests will depend upon the exposure history (acclimation) of the parents, not the relative genetic susceptibility of the parents ..
- Human Endometrial Nitric Oxide: Regulation and FunctionOmid Khorram; Fiscal Year: 2003..This pilot study should shed light on regulation and function of human endometrial NO pathway, an uninvestigated area of research with profound clinical significance. ..
- Developmental Differences in Brain Androgen SynthesisSarah London; Fiscal Year: 2004..They will also indicate potential regulatory mechanisms for androgen synthesis in other species, including humans. ..
- OVARIAN LDL RECEPTOR AND STAR GENE REGULATIONHOLLY LAVOIE; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will promote our understanding of how multiple genes are coordinated by different trophic factors in the ovary during follicular differentiation and add to our understanding of mechanisms of infertility. ..
- REGULATION OF REPRODUCTIONSynthia Mellon; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF REPRODUCTIVE PROCESSESDOUGLAS STOCCO; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PERINATAL HYPOXIA: ADRENOCORTICAL-METABOLIC ADAPTATIONSHershel Raff; Fiscal Year: 2006..Characterization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal and metabolic adaptations to perinatal hypoxia can lead to new diagnostic approaches and therapies to minimize morbidity and mortality. ..
- ROLE OF THE FAS ANTIGEN IN OVARIAN CELL APOPTOSISSUSAN QUIRK; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding pathways that promote or prevent susceptibility of ovarian cells to apoptosis may lead to development of novel therapies for ovarian and other cancers. ..
- Cyclic Testosterone on muscle function in older menRandall Urban; Fiscal Year: 2009..This innovative change in testosterone administration would result in greater gains in strength with fewer side effects. ..
- The Nashville Breast Health StudyWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..Studies investigating gene-gene and gene-environment interaction could provide valuable information in identifying high-risk individuals for designing cost-effective preventive strategies for breast cancer. ..
- Fusion Proteins As Probes of P450 Structure and FunctionRichard Auchus; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, this approach might be generally applicable to structural studies of membrane-bound proteins. ..
- PSF Regulates the Porcine P450scc IFGRERandall J Urban; Fiscal Year: 2010Our work focuses on IGF-I regulation of gene expression for P-450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage (P450scc), the rate-limiting enzyme in the steroidogenic pathway...
- GROWTH FACTOR CONTROL OF OVARIAN ANDROGEN BIOSYNTHESISDenis Magoffin; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is hoped that this will provide novel opportunities for developing new treatments for hyperandrogenism. ..
- Tumor Markers and Recurrent Adenomas: A Follow-up StudyWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study is likely to provide valuable information for identifying high-risk adenoma patients for close surveillance and chemoprevention. ..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGIC STUDY OF BREAST CANCERWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from this study will be valuable in identifying high risk women for primary and secondary prevention of breast cancer. ..
- Glucocorticoids and Programming of the Hypertensive Vascular PhenotypeOmid Khorram; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression by thyroid hormone receptorsBin Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings of TR targeted mRNAs will reveal novel functions of TR to regulate gene expression at post-transcriptional levels related to the brain function and neurodevelopment.. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The function(s) and regulation of PPARs in the ovaryCarolyn Komar; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Post-translational regulation of CYP17 activityDenis Magoffin; Fiscal Year: 2008..We expect to utilize the molecular model to design new Pharmaceuticals to treat not only ovarian hyperandrogenism, but also other diseases of androgen excess such as prostate cancer and cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Cancer Risk Reduction and Diet: A Cohort Study of WomenWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results from this study may guide new strategies in the primary prevention of common cancer in both Western and Asian women. ..
- Steroidogenic Acute Regulatory Protein's Role in LibidoSteven King; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Antioxidant Defense System and Leydig Cell AgingHaolin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Insulin signaling in theca cells from polycystic ovariesDenis Magoffin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these studies are expected to yield specific molecular targets for novel therapies to treat women with PCOS. ..
- Function and Signaling Mechanisms of Leptin ReceptorsJoyce Repa; Fiscal Year: 2005..A better understanding of the signal transduction pathway used by leptin may reveal novel strategies to enhance or inhibit leptin's biological activities for therapeutic purposes. ..