Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cyclin A
Description: cyclin A2
Alias: CCN1, CCNA, cyclin-A2, cyclin-A
Publications307 found, 100 shown here
- Differential phosphorylation of T-47D human breast cancer cell substrates by D1-, D3-, E-, and A-type cyclin-CDK complexesB Sarcevic
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Darlinghurst, New South Wales 2010, Australia
J Biol Chem 272:33327-37. 1997..G1 and S phase cyclin-CDK complexes, including cyclin D1-CDK4, cyclin D3-CDK4, cyclin D3-CDK6, cyclin E-CDK2, and cyclin A-CDK2, which are largely undefined, we phosphorylated T-47D breast cancer cell nuclear lysates partially purified ..
- Human CDC6/Cdc18 associates with Orc1 and cyclin-cdk and is selectively eliminated from the nucleus at the onset of S phaseP Saha
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2758-67. 1998..Rapid elimination of the nuclear pool of this protein after the onset of DNA replication and its association with human Orc1 protein and cyclin-cdks supports its identification as human CDC6/Cdc18 protein...
- The effects of changing the site of activating phosphorylation in CDK2 from threonine to serineP Kaldis
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8114, USA
J Biol Chem 275:32578-84. 2000..Here we examine the effects of replacing this threonine residue in human CDK2 by serine. We found that cyclin A bound equally well to wild-type CDK2 (CDK2(Thr-160)) or to the mutant CDK2 (CDK2(Ser-160))...
- Centrosome overduplication, increased ploidy and transformation in cells expressing endoplasmic reticulum-associated cyclin A2Jamila Faivre
INSERM U370, Institut Pasteur Necker, Faculte de Medecine Necker, 75015 Paris, France
Oncogene 21:1493-500. 2002b>Cyclin A2 is predominantly, but not exclusively, localized in the nucleus from G1/S transition onwards. It is degraded when cells enter mitosis after nuclear envelope breakdown...
- p27(Kip1)-stathmin interaction influences sarcoma cell migration and invasionGustavo Baldassarre
Oncologia Sperimentale 2, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, IRCCS, Aviano 33081, Italy
Cancer Cell 7:51-63. 2005..This study provides a functional link between proliferation and invasion of tumor cells based on diverse activities of p27(kip1) in different subcellular compartments...
- Modulation of beta-catenin phosphorylation/degradation by cyclin-dependent kinase 2Chun Shik Park
Department of Life Science, Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 1 Oryong dong, Puk Gu, Kwangju 500 712, Korea
J Biol Chem 279:19592-9. 2004..Here we demonstrate that cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) in association with cyclin A or cyclin E directly binds to beta-catenin...
- N2-substituted O6-cyclohexylmethylguanine derivatives: potent inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinases 1 and 2Ian R Hardcastle
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Bedson Building, School of Natural Sciences, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
J Med Chem 47:3710-22. 2004..X-ray crystal structures have been obtained for key compounds and have been used to explain the observed trends in activity...
- Cyclin A2-cyclin-dependent kinase 2 cooperates with the PLK1-SCFbeta-TrCP1-EMI1-anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome axis to promote genome reduplication in the absence of mitosisHoi Tang Ma
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong
Mol Cell Biol 29:6500-14. 2009..In the absence of CDK1 activity, activation of APC/C and genome reduplication was dependent on cyclin A2 and CDK2...
- Human papillomavirus 18 E1^E4 protein interacts with cyclin A/CDK 2 through an RXL motifQingming Ding
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1, Canada
Mol Cell Biochem 373:29-40. 2013..When baculovirus-produced human cyclin E and cyclin A with cdk2 were incubated in vitro with a GST-E4 fusion protein, both cyclin E and A stably interacted with the ..
- p27KIP-1, cyclin A and cyclin D1 protein expression in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast: p27KIP-1 correlates with hormone receptor status but not with local recurrenceEwan K A Millar
Department of Anatomical Pathology, South Eastern Area Laboratory Service, St George Hospital, NSW, Australia
Pathol Int 57:183-9. 2007Using whole sections of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded material the expression of p27(KIP-1), cyclin A and cyclin D1 was examined in 60 cases of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) using routine immunohistochemistry with a median follow up ..
- BRCA1 is phosphorylated at serine 1497 in vivo at a cyclin-dependent kinase 2 phosphorylation siteH Ruffner
The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:4843-54. 1999..S1497 can be phosphorylated in vitro by CDK2-cyclin A or E...
- Reciprocal activation by cyclin-dependent kinases 2 and 7 is directed by substrate specificity determinants outside the T loopS Garrett
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:88-99. 2001..Surprisingly, the hybrid enzyme, CDK2-7, was efficiently activated in cyclin A-dependent fashion by CDK7 but not at all by CDK2. CDK2-7, moreover, phosphorylated wild-type CDK7 but not CDK2...
- Inhibitor binding to active and inactive CDK2: the crystal structure of CDK2-cyclin A/indirubin-5-sulphonateT G Davies
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, The Rex Richards Building, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, OX1 3QU, Oxford, United Kingdom
Structure 9:389-97. 2001..active kinase in structure-based drug design, we have solved the structure of the inhibitor indirubin-5-sulphonate (E226) complexed with phospho-CDK2-cyclin A and compared it with the structure of E226 bound to inactive, monomeric CDK2.
- 3',5'-cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 11A: localization in human tissuesK Loughney
ICOS Corporation, Bothell, WA, USA
Int J Impot Res 17:320-5. 2005..No PDE11A protein was detected in blood vessels or cardiac myocytes. None of the four potential PDE11A proteins were detected in human skeletal muscle, testis, or penis...
- Reversal of growth suppression by p107 via direct phosphorylation by cyclin D1/cyclin-dependent kinase 4Xiaohong Leng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:2242-54. 2002..Taken together, these data indicate that p107 is inactivated by cyclin D1/Cdk4 via direct phosphorylation and that the RXL motif of p107 plays a role in its inactivation by Cdk4 in the absence of stable binding...
- Cyclin A/CDK2 binds directly to E2F-1 and inhibits the DNA-binding activity of E2F-1/DP-1 by phosphorylationM Xu
Department of Physiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111
Mol Cell Biol 14:8420-31. 1994..and binds to several cell cycle regulatory proteins, including the retinoblastoma family (RB, p107, p130) and cyclin A/CDK2 complexes...
- Analysis of p107-associated proteins: p107 associates with a form of E2F that differs from pRB-associated E2F-1N Dyson
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown 02129
J Virol 67:7641-7. 1993..p107-associated proteins included cyclin A, cyclin E, and cdk2...
- Interaction between ubiquitin-protein ligase SCFSKP2 and E2F-1 underlies the regulation of E2F-1 degradationA Marti
Friedrich Miescher Institut, Basel, Switzerland
Nat Cell Biol 1:14-9. 1999....
- Proliferation inhibition of astrocytes, neurons, and non-glial cells by intracellularly expressed human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) Tat proteinBetty Y Zhou
Department of Microbiology adn Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Neurosci Lett 359:155-8. 2004..We further showed that Tat interacted with a number of cell cycle-related proteins including cyclin A, cyclin B, cyclin D3, Cdk2, Cdk4, Cdk1/Cdc2, cdc6, p27, p53, p63, hdlg, and PCNA...
- Transcription factor FBI-1 acts as a dual regulator in adipogenesis by coordinated regulation of cyclin-A and E2F-4Matthias Laudes
Department of Internal Medicine II and Centre of Molecular Medicine Cologne CMMC, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 62, 50937 Cologne, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:597-608. 2008..Overexpressing FBI-1 in preadipocytes resulted in reduced expression of the cell cycle regulator cyclin A, which may explain FBI-1 induced inhibition of proliferation...
- Cyclin A is required at two points in the human cell cycleM Pagano
Differentiation, Programme European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 11:961-71. 1992Cyclins play a fundamental role in regulating cell cycle events in all eukaryotic cells. The human cyclin A gene was identified as the site of integration of hepatitis B virus in a hepatocarcinoma cell line; in addition, cyclin A is ..
- Cyclin A is required for the onset of DNA replication in mammalian fibroblastsF Girard
Cell Biology Unit, CRBM, CNRS INSERM, Montpellier, France
Cell 67:1169-79. 1991b>Cyclin A protein is synthesized and localized into the nucleus at the onset of S phase in nontransformed mammalian fibroblasts...
- Suppression of apoptosis by dominant negative mutants of cyclin-dependent protein kinasesW Meikrantz
Department of Molecular and Cellular Toxicology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 271:10205-9. 1996..Like CDC2 and CDK2, CDK3 was shown to form a complex with cyclin A in vivo. CDK5 did not bind cyclin A to any detectable extent...
- Crystal structure of the p27Kip1 cyclin-dependent-kinase inhibitor bound to the cyclin A-Cdk2 complexA A Russo
Cellular Biochemistry and Biophysics Program, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York 10021, USA
Nature 382:325-31. 1996The crystal structure of the human p27Kip1 kinase inhibitory domain bound to the phosphorylated cyclin A-cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (Cdk2) complex has been determined at 2.3 angstrom...
- Cyclin-binding motifs are essential for the function of p21CIP1J Chen
Department of Pathology, Division of Molecular Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:4673-82. 1996..The Cy sequences may be general motifs used by Cdk inhibitors or substrates to interact with the cyclin in a cyclin-Cdk complex...
- Phosphorylation-dependent degradation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27J Vlach
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
EMBO J 16:5334-44. 1997..We propose that cellular p27 must also exist transiently in a cyclin-bound non-inhibitory conformation in vivo...
- Cleavage of p21Cip1/Waf1 and p27Kip1 mediates apoptosis in endothelial cells through activation of Cdk2: role of a caspase cascadeB Levkau
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7470, USA
Mol Cell 1:553-63. 1998..of human endothelial cells after growth factor deprivation is associated with rapid and dramatic up-regulation of cyclin A-associated cyclin-dependent kinase 2(cdk2) activity...
- Substrate recruitment to cyclin-dependent kinase 2 by a multipurpose docking site on cyclin AB A Schulman
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Building 149, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:10453-8. 1998..We have studied the role of a conserved hydrophobic patch on the surface of cyclin A in substrate recognition by cyclin A-cdk2...
- Phosphorylation of mammalian CDC6 by cyclin A/CDK2 regulates its subcellular localizationB O Petersen
European Institute of Oncology, Department of Experimental Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
EMBO J 18:396-410. 1999..CDC6 interacts specifically with the active Cyclin A/CDK2 complex in vitro and in vivo, but not with Cyclin E or Cyclin B kinase complexes...
- Human cyclin A is required for mitosis until mid prophaseN Furuno
Wellcome Cancer Research Campaign Institute and Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QR, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 147:295-306. 1999We have used microinjection and time-lapse video microscopy to study the role of cyclin A in mitosis...
- Human p55(CDC)/Cdc20 associates with cyclin A and is phosphorylated by the cyclin A-Cdk2 complexA Ohtoshi
Department of Viral Oncology, Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, 170 8455, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 268:530-4. 2000..By using yeast two-hybrid screening, we found that cyclin A, a critical cell cycle regulator in the S and G2/M phases, specifically interacts with p55(CDC)...
- Cyclin A- and cyclin E-Cdk complexes shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasmMark Jackman
Wellcome Cancer Research U K London Institute and Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom CB2 1QR
Mol Biol Cell 13:1030-45. 2002..Immunofluorescence studies have shown that both cyclins are nuclear and that a proportion of cyclin A is localized to sites of DNA replication...
- Specificity determinants of recruitment peptides bound to phospho-CDK2/cyclin AEdward D Lowe
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, University of Oxford, Rex Richards Building, Oxford OX1 3QU, UK
Biochemistry 41:15625-34. 2002..cell cycle is regulated by the action of the cyclin dependent protein kinase 2 (CDK2) in association with cyclin A. CDK2/cyclin A phosphorylates numerous substrates...
- Upregulation of Cdc2 and cyclin A during apoptosis of endothelial cells induced by cleaved high-molecular-weight kininogenShujie Wang
Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H1917-23. 2003..We report that HKa induced a significant upregulation of Cdc2 and cyclin A in proliferating endothelial cells, concurrent with a marked increase of Cdc2 activity...
- Autonomous regulation of the anaphase-promoting complex couples mitosis to S-phase entryMichael Rape
Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 432:588-95. 2004..The re-accumulation of cyclin A causes the inactivation of APC and entry into S phase, but how cyclin A can accumulate in the presence of active ..
- Cyclin A2 regulates nuclear-envelope breakdown and the nuclear accumulation of cyclin B1Delquin Gong
Department of Chemical and Systems Biology, CCSR, MC 5174, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Curr Biol 17:85-91. 2007..However, knocking down cyclin A2 markedly delayed NEB, and knocking down both cyclins A2 and B1 delayed NEB further...
- Cyclin B and cyclin A confer different substrate recognition properties on CDK2Nick R Brown
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Cell Cycle 6:1350-9. 2007..Cyclin B produces an almost identical activated conformation of CDK2 as that produced by cyclin A. There are differences between cyclin A and cyclin B at the recruitment site, which in cyclin A is used to ..
- SCAPER, a novel cyclin A-interacting protein that regulates cell cycle progressionWilliam Y Tsang
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Cell Biol 178:621-33. 2007b>Cyclin A/Cdk2 plays an important role during S and G2/M phases of the eukaryotic cell cycle, but the mechanisms by which it regulates cell cycle events are not fully understood...
- Cdc20 and Cks direct the spindle checkpoint-independent destruction of cyclin ARob Wolthuis
Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell 30:290-302. 2008..in mitosis with high levels of cyclins A and B, but paradoxically the spindle checkpoint does not stabilize cyclin A. Here, we investigated this paradox and found that Cdc20 is rate limiting for cyclin A destruction...
- Cyclin A-CDK activity during G1 phase impairs MCM chromatin loading and inhibits DNA synthesis in mammalian cellsLeroy W Wheeler
Department of Pharmacological Sciences at Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Cell Cycle 7:2179-88. 2008..b>Cyclin A-CDK2 and cyclin A-CDK1 phosphorylate nuclear substrates during S and G(2) phases, respectfully...
- Degradation of cyclin A is regulated by acetylationF Mateo
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology and Pathology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Oncogene 28:2654-66. 2009b>Cyclin A accumulates at the onset of S phase, remains high during G(2) and early mitosis and is degraded at prometaphase...
- Mediator of DNA damage checkpoint 1 (MDC1) regulates mitotic progressionKelly Townsend
Cancer Research United Kingdom Institute for Cancer Sciences, University of Birmingham Medical School, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:33939-48. 2009..We suggest therefore that hMDC1 functionally regulates the normal metaphase-to-anaphase transition by modulating the Cdc20-dependent activation of the APC/C...
- The roles of cyclin A2, B1, and B2 in early and late mitotic eventsDelquin Gong
Department of Chemical and Systems Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5174, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:3149-61. 2010..Knocking down cyclin A2 resulted in a substantial (∼7 h) delay in chromatin condensation and histone H3 phosphorylation, and ..
- How cyclin A destruction escapes the spindle assembly checkpointBarbara Di Fiore
Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England, UK
J Cell Biol 190:501-9. 2010..the spindle assembly checkpoint (SAC) to restrict APC/C activity until metaphase, yet early substrates, such as cyclin A, are degraded in the presence of the active checkpoint...
- Cyclin A promotes S-phase entry via interaction with the replication licensing factor Mcm7Taku Chibazakura
Department of Bioscience, Tokyo University of Agriculture, 1 1 1 Sakuragaoka, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 156 8502, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 31:248-55. 2011b>Cyclin A is known to promote S-phase entry in mammals, but its critical targets in this process have not been defined...
- How APC/C-Cdc20 changes its substrate specificity in mitosisDaisuke Izawa
Gurdon Institute and Department of Zoology, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QN, UK
Nat Cell Biol 13:223-33. 2011..block the degradation of metaphase substrates (for example, cyclin B1 and securin), but not others (for example, cyclin A). How this is achieved is unclear...
- Deubiquitinase USP37 is activated by CDK2 to antagonize APC(CDH1) and promote S phase entryXiaodong Huang
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Mol Cell 42:511-23. 2011..The APC(CDH1) substrate cyclin A is critical for the G1/S transition and, paradoxically, accumulates even when APC(CDH1) is active...
- A novel function for Cyclin A2: control of cell invasion via RhoA signalingNikola Arsic
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 34293 Montpellier, France
J Cell Biol 196:147-62. 2012b>Cyclin A2 plays a key role in cell cycle regulation. It is essential in embryonic cells and in the hematopoietic lineage yet dispensable in fibroblasts...
- Inhibition of human cytomegalovirus immediate-early gene expression by cyclin A2-dependent kinase activityJennifer D Oduro
Labor für Pädiatrische Molekularbiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Virol 86:9369-83. 2012..This block can be overcome by inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs), suggesting that cyclin A2, the only cyclin with an S/G(2)-specific activity profile, may act as a negative regulator of viral gene ..
- Synergistic effect of Bcl-2 and cyclin A2 on adverse recurrence-free survival in stage I non-small cell lung cancerEunkyung Ko
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 20:1005-12. 2013The prognostic significance of cyclin A2 overexpression in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is controversial.
- Human cytomegalovirus tegument protein pp150 acts as a cyclin A2-CDK-dependent sensor of the host cell cycle and differentiation stateBoris Bogdanow
Labor für Pädiatrische Molekularbiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:17510-5. 2013..The major tegument 150-kDa phosphoprotein (pp150) of HCMV binds to cyclin A2 via a functional RXL/Cy motif resulting in its cyclin A2-dependent phosphorylation...
- The prognostic value of mitotic activity index (MAI), phosphohistone H3 (PPH3), cyclin B1, cyclin A, and Ki67, alone and in combinations, in node-negative premenopausal breast cancerMarie Klintman
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Oncology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden Skåne Department of Oncology, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e81902. 2013..prognostic value of the proliferation factors mitotic activity index (MAI), phosphohistone H3 (PPH3), cyclin B1, cyclin A and Ki67, alone and in combinations...
- Cytoplasmic accumulation of cyclin B1 in human cells: association with a detergent-resistant compartment and with the centrosomeE Bailly
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France
J Cell Sci 101:529-45. 1992..cyclins with which this p34cdc2 fraction interacts, we carefully examined the subcellular distribution of both cyclin A and B1 in HeLa cells...
- Microsomal localization of cyclin A and cdk2 in proliferating rat liver cellsA Castro
Departament de Biologia Cellular, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 201:1072-8. 1994The expression and intracellular localization of cyclin A and cdk2 have been analyzed in rat liver cells proliferatively activated in vivo by a partial hepatectomy...
- G1 expression and multistage dynamics of cyclin A in human osteosarcoma cellsD Carbonaro-Hall
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Los Angeles, CA 90054 0700
Oncogene 8:1649-59. 1993b>Cyclin A was initially characterized as a 'mitotic cyclin', believed to function exclusively at the G2-to-M phase transition; however, recent studies have provided compelling evidence that cyclin A additionally functions earlier in the ..
- Cyclin-dependent kinase-2 (Cdk2) forms an inactive complex with cyclin D1 since Cdk2 associated with cyclin D1 is not phosphorylated by Cdk7-cyclin-HH Higashi
Banyu Tsukuba Research Institute, Japan
Eur J Biochem 237:460-7. 1996....
- Cyclin A is present in the endocytic compartment of rat liver cells and increases during liver regenerationM Verges
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Barcelona, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 230:49-53. 1997Recent studies have implicated the cell cycle kinase cdc2 and cyclin A in the inhibition of the fusion of endocytic vesicles in vitro during mitosis...
- Differential modulation of G1-S-phase cyclin-dependent kinase 2/cyclin complexes occurs during the acquisition of a polyploid DNA contentN S Datta
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Cell Growth Differ 9:639-50. 1998....
- Structure-based design of 2-arylamino-4-cyclohexylmethyl-5-nitroso-6-aminopyrimidine inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinases 1 and 2Kerry L Sayle
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, School of Natural Sciences Chemistry, Bedson Building, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:3079-82. 2003..The crystal structure of the 4'-carboxamide derivative, in complex with phospho-Thr160 CDK2/cyclin A, confirmed the expected binding mode of the inhibitor, and revealed an additional interaction between the ..
- 3-Aminopyrazole inhibitors of CDK2/cyclin A as antitumor agents. 2. Lead optimizationPaolo Pevarello
Department Chemistry, Nerviano Medical Sciences, BU Oncology and BU Preclinical Science, Viale Pasteur 10, 20014 Nerviano MI, Italy
J Med Chem 48:2944-56. 2005Inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinases (CDK) such as CDK2/cyclin A-E are currently undergoing clinical trials to verify their potential as new anticancer agents...
- p16 inhibits matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression via suppression of Sp1-mediated gene transcriptionChie Hong Wang
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 208:246-52. 2006..Thus, we investigated the effect of p16 on the interaction between cyclin A and Sp1...
- APC/C- and Mad2-mediated degradation of Cdc20 during spindle checkpoint activationSheng Ge
Department of Pathology, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cell Cycle 8:167-71. 2009..We propose that the degradation of Cdc20 represents a critical control mechanism to ensure inactivation of APC/C(Cdc20) in response to the SAC...
- Knocking-down cyclin A(2) by siRNA suppresses apoptosis and switches differentiation pathways in K562 cells upon administration with doxorubicinXiaohui Wang
Division of Biological Inorganic Chemistry, State Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Resources Utilization, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun, Jilin, China
PLoS ONE 4:e6665. 2009b>Cyclin A(2) is critical for the initiation of DNA replication, transcription and cell cycle regulation...
- Prediction of recurrence risk in early breast cancer using human epidermal growth factor 2 and cyclin A2Hui Ping Li
Department of Medical Oncology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China huiping_l hotmail com
Chin Med J (Engl) 123:431-7. 2010..This study investigated correlations of cyclin A2 and HER2 levels with clinical outcomes in 281 patients with invasive breast cancer in order to identify whether ..
- Prognostic significance of cyclin A in gastric cancerJohanna Mrena
Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Cancer 119:1897-901. 2006High level of cyclin A promotes carcinogenesis, and overexpression of cyclin A has been associated with poor prognosis of cancer patients...
- Identification of an hexapeptide that binds to a surface pocket in cyclin A and inhibits the catalytic activity of the complex cyclin-dependent kinase 2-cyclin ANuria Canela
Departament de Biologia Cellular i Anatomia Patologica, Facultat de Medicina, University of Barcelona, E 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Biol Chem 281:35942-53. 2006..d-amino acid hexapeptide, termed NBI1, that inhibits the kinase activity of the cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (cdk2)-cyclin A complex through selective binding to cyclin A...
- Human carbon catabolite repressor protein (CCR4)-associative factor 1: cloning, expression and characterization of its interaction with the B-cell translocation protein BTG1J A Bogdan
DuPont Pharmaceuticals Company, Experimental Station E400 3231, Wilmington, DE 19880 0400, USA
Biochem J 336:471-81. 1998..phosphorylation of Ser-159 in vitro showed specificity for the cell cycle kinases p34CDK2/cyclin E and p34CDK2/cyclin A, but not for p34CDK4/cyclin D1 or p34cdc2/cyclin B...
- The COOH-terminal region of pRb2/p130 binds to histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1), enhancing transcriptional repression of the E2F-dependent cyclin A promoterP Stiegler
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cancer Res 58:5049-52. 1998..g., cyclin A)...
- Quinapril inhibits c-Myc expression and normalizes smooth muscle cell proliferation in spontaneously hypertensive ratsJ Diez
Vascular Pathophysiology Unit, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Spain
Am J Hypertens 10:1147-52. 1997..converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor quinapril on the oncoprotein c-Myc and the proliferating cell nuclear antigen cyclin A in SMC of small intramyocardial arteries from the left ventricle of SHR...
- Concordant upregulation of type II-TGF-beta-receptor, the cyclin-dependent kinases inhibitor P27Kip1 and cyclin E in human atherosclerotic tissue: implications for lesion cellularityC Ihling
Department of Pathology, University of Freiburg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 144:7-14. 1999..P27 is a Cki which associates with cyclin A-Cdk2, cyclin D-Cdk4 and with cyclin E (CE)-Cdk2 complexes thereby abrogating their catalytic activity leading to ..
- Early increase in cyclin-D1 expression and accelerated entry of mouse hepatocytes into S phase after administration of the mitogen 1, 4-Bis[2-(3,5-Dichloropyridyloxy)] benzeneG M Ledda-Columbano
Department of Toxicology, Oncology and Molecular Pathology Unit, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Am J Pathol 156:91-7. 2000..and liver regeneration after PH, we have measured the expression of cyclin D1, cyclin D3, cyclin E, and cyclin A and of the cyclin-dependent kinases CDK2, CDK4, and CDK6...
- Cell cycle dysregulation influences survival in high risk breast cancer patientsRobert Königsberg
Third Medical Department, Centre for Oncology and Hematology, CEADDP, Applied Cancer Research, Institution for Translational Research Vienna, and Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Applied Cancer Research, Vienna, Austria
Cancer Invest 26:734-40. 2008..Recent immunohistological studies suggested that dysregulation of cyclin A, cyclin D, cyclin E, p16(ink4), p21(waf1/cip1), and p27(kip1) are of prognostic value in patients with breast ..
- Mechanisms involved in the cell cycle and apoptosis of HT-29 cells pre-treated with MK-886 prior to photodynamic therapy with hypericinJán Kleban
Institute of Biology and Ecology, Faculty of Sciences, P J Safarik University, Moyzesova 11, 041 65 Kosice, Slovakia
J Photochem Photobiol B 93:108-18. 2008..of HT-29 cells in G0/G1 phase of cell cycle led to expression analyses of several G0/G1 checkpoint molecules (cyclin A, cyclin E, cdk-2, pRb)...
- The crystal structure of cyclin AN R Brown
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford, UK
Structure 3:1235-47. 1995..From the determination of the structure of cyclin A, together with results from biochemical and genetic analyses, we can identify which parts of the cyclin molecular ..
- Crystal structure of a viral cyclin, a positive regulator of cyclin-dependent kinase 6U Schulze-Gahmen
Department of Chemistry, Earnest Orlando Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, California, 94720 USA
Structure 7:245-54. 1999..A virus-encoded cyclin (v-cyclin) from herpesvirus saimiri has been shown to exhibit highest sequence homology to type D cyclins and specifically activates CDK6 of host cells to a very high degree...
- Cell-cycle regulatory proteins in podocyte cell in idiopathic nephrotic syndrome of childhoodTarak Srivastava
Section of Nephrology and Department of Pathology, The Children s Mercy Hospital, University of Missouri at Kansas City, 64108, USA
Kidney Int 63:1374-81. 2003..the expression of cell-cycle regulatory proteins such as p27, p57, and cyclin D is decreased and expression of cyclin A, Ki-67, and p21 is observed in podocyte cells suggestive of a dysregulated podocyte phenotype...
- Cyclin A and beta-catenin expression in actinic keratosis, Bowen's disease and invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the skinD Brasanac
Institute of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Dr Subotica 1 II, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Br J Dermatol 153:1166-75. 2005..b>Cyclin A is an increasingly utilized proliferation marker that has functions in both S phase (DNA replication) and ..
- Expression of cell cycle proteins in ovarian carcinoma cells in serous effusions-biological and prognostic implicationsB Davidson
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Gynecol Oncol 83:249-56. 2001..The aim of this study was to investigate the expression of cell cycle proteins in ovarian carcinoma cells in serous effusions and respective solid tumors...
- G2 delay induced by nitrogen mustard in human cells affects cyclin A/cdk2 and cyclin B1/cdc2-kinase complexes differentlyP M O'Connor
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 268:8298-308. 1993We investigated the temporal regulation of cyclin A- and B1-dependent kinases in human lymphoma cells treated with nitrogen mustard (HN2) and pentoxifylline, to determine whether the activity of these complexes correlated with cell cycle ..
- S-phase function of Drosophila cyclin A and its downregulation in G1 phaseF Sprenger
Department of Genetics, University of Cologne, Weyertal 121, 50931, Cologne, Germany
Curr Biol 7:488-99. 1997..Cyclin E is the normal inducer of S phase in G1 cells of Drosophila embryos. Stable G1 quiescence requires the downregulation both of cyclin E and of other factors that can bypass the normal regulation of cell cycle progression...
- Prognostic significance of cyclin a expression in meningiomasHiromichi Nakabayashi
Department of Neurosurgery, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Okou cho, Nankoku 783 0505, Japan
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 11:9-14. 2003..b>Cyclin A is a protein that regulates critical transition of the cell cycle...
- Cell cycle and apoptosis regulators in Spitz nevi: comparison with melanomas and common neviChristina Stefanaki
Dermatology Department, Andreas Sygros University Hospital, Greece
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:815-24. 2007..Deregulated cell cycle control is one of the hallmarks of tumor development. The expression of different cell cycle regulators has been used in various neoplasms as an adjunct to diagnosis...
- Altered expression of cell cycle and apoptotic proteins in chronic hepatitis C virus infectionSaira Sarfraz
1Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Microbiol 8:133. 2008..using antibodies against proliferation marker Mcm-2, G1 phase marker Cyclin D1, S phase marker Cyclin A, cell cycle regulators p21 (CDK inhibitor) and p53 (tumor suppressor protein), apoptotic protein Caspase-3 and ..
- Location of cell cycle regulators cyclin B1, cyclin A, PCNA, Ki67 and cell cycle inhibitors p21, p27 and p57 in human first trimester placenta and deciduasEmin Turkay Korgun
Department of Histology and Embryology, Medical Faculty, Akdeniz University, 07070, Antalya, Turkey
Histochem Cell Biol 125:615-24. 2006..The cell cycle promotors cyclin A, cyclin B1, PCNA, Ki67 and the cell cycle inhibitors p21, p27 and p57 were immunolocalized in tissue sections of ..
- Parallel cyclin E and cyclin A expression in neoplastic lesions of the uterine cervixF Erlandsson
Cancer Center Karolinska, CCK R8 04, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm 17176, Sweden
Br J Cancer 94:1045-50. 2006..Using immunofluorescence staining of cyclin A, digital microscopy, and digital image analysis, we determined which cells in a tissue section that were in S- or ..
- Diversity in expression and prognostic significance of G1/S cyclins in human primary lung carcinomasYoh Dobashi
Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
J Pathol 199:208-20. 2003Expression of cyclin A, cyclin E and cdk2 was examined immunohistochemically in 144 cases of primary non-small cell lung carcinoma to evaluate their prognostic value...
- The effect of doxorubicin on the expression of cyclin A in K-562 leukemia cell lineA Grzanka
Department of Histology and Embrylogy, The Ludwik Rydygier Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun, 85 092 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Neoplasma 52:489-93. 2005..The significance of expression of cyclin A and other cyclin cell proteins (eg. Cdk2) in apoptosis remains to be investigated...
- Cyclin A and Cyclin E expression in resected non-small cell lung cancer stage I-IIIAMonika Kosacka
Department of Pulmonology and Lung Cancer, Silesian Piasts University of Medicine in Wroclaw, ul Grabiszynska 105, 53 439 Wroclaw, Poland
In Vivo 23:519-25. 2009..Cyclin E regulates the the G(1)-S phase transition of the cell cycle. Cyclin A increases during the S- and G(2)-phases, and is a regulator of the transition to mitosis...
- Expression of cyclins A and D and p21(waf1/cip1) proteins in renal cell cancer and their relation to clinicopathological variables and patient survivalS Aaltomaa
Department of Urology, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Br J Cancer 80:2001-7. 1999..Staining signals of cyclin D1 and p21(waf1/cip1) were always nuclear but cyclin A was also expressed in the cytoplasm of the tumour cells...
- Activation of the DNA-binding ability of latent p53 protein by protein kinase C is abolished by protein kinase CK2Sarka Pospisilova
Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute, Zluty kopec 7, CZ 656 53 Brno, Czech Republic
Biochem J 378:939-47. 2004..In contrast, phosphorylation by cdk2 (cyclin-dependent kinase 2)/cyclin A and by the protein kinase CK2 are both enhanced in DNA-damaged cells...
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway may regulate cell cycle and expression of cyclin A and cyclin E protein in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsXinhong Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin Province, China
Cell Cycle 8:1567-70. 2009..small interference RNA(siRNA) against beta-catenin was transfected into HCC cell line HepG(2), and cell cycle and cyclin A and cyclin E protein expression were detected...
- Specialized roles of the two mitotic cyclins in somatic cells: cyclin A as an activator of M phase-promoting factorTsz Kan Fung
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong, China
Mol Biol Cell 18:1861-73. 2007The role of cyclin B-CDC2 as M phase-promoting factor (MPF) is well established, but the precise functions of cyclin A remain a crucial outstanding issue...
- Significance of cell cycle regulatory proteins as malignant and prognostic biomarkers in ovarian epithelial tumorsYoon Hee Lee
Department of Pathology, CHA Gangnam Medical Center, CHA University, Seoul, Korea
Int J Gynecol Pathol 30:205-17. 2011..staining was performed using antibodies to p16(Ink4a), p53, p21(Waf1/Cip1), p27(Kip1), Cyclin D1, Cyclin E, Cyclin A, Cyclin B1, and Cyclin-dependent Kinase2...
- Differential association of p21Cip1 and p27Kip1 with cyclin E-CDK2 during rat liver regenerationM J Pujol
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Institut d Investigacions Biomédiques August Pi Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 33:266-74. 2000..The aim of this study was to examine the association of p21Cip1 and p27Kip1 with cyclin E-CDK2 and cyclin A-CDK2 complexes during rat liver regeneration and to correlate the association of both inhibitors with CDK2 ..
- Reduced levels of the cell-cycle inhibitor p27Kip1 in epithelial dysplasia and carcinoma of the oral cavityR C Jordan
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Pathol 152:585-90. 1998..activity was assessed in serial sections by determining the expression of the cell cycle proteins Ki-67 and cyclin A. p27kip1 protein was significantly reduced in oral dysplasias and carcinomas compared with that in normal ..
- Deregulated expression of promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger protein in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemias does not affect cyclin A expressionA Parrado
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire Hematopoietique, Universite Paris 7, France
Hematol J 1:15-27. 2000..Structurally related to BCL-6, which is involved in human lymphoma, PLZF may have a role in proliferation, differentiation and survival of hematopoietic cells, that could be mediated by transcriptional repression of the cyclin A gene.
- Redistribution of the CDK inhibitor p27 between different cyclin.CDK complexes in the mouse fibroblast cell cycle and in cells arrested with lovastatin or ultraviolet irradiationR Y Poon
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037 1099, USA
Mol Biol Cell 6:1197-213. 1995..In G0, p27 was predominantly monomeric, although some portion was associated with residual cyclin A.Cdk2. During G1, all of p27 was associated with cyclin D1.Cdk4 and was then redistributed to cyclin A...
- Formation of the early-region-2 transcription-factor-1-retinoblastoma-protein (E2F-1-RB) transrepressor and release of the retinoblastoma protein from nuclear complexes containing cyclin A is induced by interferon alpha in U937V cells but not in interferoH C Kirch
Department of Molecular Biology, West German Cancer Centre, University of Essen Medical School, Germany
Eur J Biochem 246:736-44. 1997..treatment of nuclear extracts from logarithmically growing U937V and U937VR cells with an antiserum against cyclin A that disrupts cyclin-A-containing complexes, led to the formation of the E2F-1-RB complex, suggesting the ..
- The aryl hydrocarbon receptor-dependent deregulation of cell cycle control induced by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in rat liver epithelial cellsZdenek Andrysik
Laboratory of Cytokinetics, Institute of Biophysics, 612 65 Brno, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 615:87-97. 2007..BbF increased percentage of cells entering S-phase and cell numbers, associated with an increased expression of Cyclin A and Cyclin A/cdk2 complex activity...
- Overexpression of cyclin A in human HeLa cells induces detachment of kinetochores and spindle pole/centrosome overproductionR C Balczon
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, The University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Chromosoma 110:381-92. 2001..Comparisons between human HeLa cells and CHO cells determined that cyclin A levels were depressed in HeLa cells relative to CHO cells following HU addition...
- Truncation and optimisation of peptide inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinase 2-cyclin a through structure-guided designGeorge Kontopidis
Veterinary School, University of Thessaly, Karditsa 43100, Greece
ChemMedChem 4:1120-8. 2009Peptides that inhibit cyclin-dependent kinase 2 by blocking the macromolecular substrate recruitment site of cyclin A were simplified, for example, by replacement of dipeptide units with beta-amino acids...
- Chou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2014..activation by Tax leads to the premature poly-ubiquitination and degradation of mitotic regulators including cyclin A, cyclin B, securin, and Skp2...
- Peter Sicinski; Fiscal Year: 2016..Cyclin A1 is expressed in the testes in the male germline, whereas cyclin A2 is ubiquitously expressed in all proliferating cells...
- Chou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2014..activation by Tax leads to premature poly- ubiquitination and degradation of cell cycle regulators including cyclin A, cyclin B, securin, and Skp2...
- Examining the cell cycle-dependence of progesterone receptor activityLINDSEY STARR TREVINO; Fiscal Year: 2013..across the cell cycle, 2) assessing whether PR-induced rapid signaling is cell cycle-dependent and 3) depleting cyclin A2 using siRNA or by using Cdk1/2 inhibitors to ask whether S-phase genes are preferentially sensitive to cyclin A/..
- Wenyi Wei; Fiscal Year: 2016..Consequently, certain cell cycle regulators such as Cyclin A, frequently overexpressed in cancer, are considered promising anti-cancer targets...
- EBV Antigen and Cell Cycle RegulationErle S Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2013..repressor CSL, Nm23-H1, the tumor suppressor molecule Rb and other cell cycle regulatory factors which include Cyclin A and Cyclin D1...
- Wenyi Wei; Fiscal Year: 2015..We will further define how sequential phosphorylation of Cdh1 by Cyclin A/Cdk2 and Plk1 triggers the interaction with, and subsequent ubiquitination, by ?-TRCP...
- CIRCADIAN SYSTEM AND PRENATAL COCAINE IN ZEBRAFISHIrina V Zhdanova; Fiscal Year: 2013..circadian genes and those encoding for the melatonin receptors, dopamine transporter, cyclin-dependent kinases, cyclin A and growth hormone will be evaluated throughout development and maturation...
- Link of beta cell proliferation and type 2 diabetes to epigenetic regulationXianxin Hua; Fiscal Year: 2013..For instance, menin suppresses, but GLP-1 increases cyclin A expression, linking menin to GLP-1 signaling...
- Link of beta cell proliferation and type 2 diabetes to epigenetic regulation.Xianxin Hua; Fiscal Year: 2010..For instance, menin suppresses, but GLP-1 increases cyclin A expression, linking menin to GLP-1 signaling...
- Debra J Wolgemuth; Fiscal Year: 2016..We had previously identified a new mammalian A-type cyclin, cyclin A1, in addition to the already known cyclin A2. We showed that cyclin A1 is testis-specific and by targeted mutagenesis, that it is essential for ..
- Cardiac Regenerative Therapy with Cyclin A2Hina W Chaudhry; Fiscal Year: 2010..The cessation of myocyte proliferation is associated with an arrest of the cell cycle. Cyclin A2 is the sole cyclin regulating two major transitions of the cell cycle, both G1/S and G2/M...
- DNA Damage Response Markers in Barrett's EsophagusGregory H Enders; Fiscal Year: 2010..Biopsies from existing tissue banks will be stained for cyclin A, phosphorylated histone H3, and ?H2AX, to assess their correlation with histopathological diagnosis and with ..
- James A Borowiec; Fiscal Year: 2014..By exploring the cis pathway, we will test the hypothesis that S33 phosphorylation facilitates recruitment of cyclin A-Cdk2 to the RPA substrate in vitro...
- The Role of Cyclin A in Cardiac DevelopmentHINA CHAUDHRY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This training will be driven by a project whose theme is to investigate the role of cyclin A in cardiomyocyte development proliferation, and terminal differentiation...
- RAC 1 SIGNALING PATHWAY IN AIRWAY SMOOTH MUSCLEMARC HERSHENSON; Fiscal Year: 2002..that the 21 kD GTPase Rac1 is sufficient to induce transcriptional activation of two G1 cyclins, cyclin D1 and cyclin A, in bovine tracheal myocytes...
- Role of Skp2-cyclin A Interaction in Normal Physiology and CancerLiang Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have recently determined that Skp2 binds to the N-terminus of cyclin A to directly protect it from inhibition by p27 family CKIs;and a blocking peptide for Skp2-cyclin A interaction ..
- CELL CYCLE CHECK POINTS AS TARGETS FOR NEW STRATEGIESAnna Janss; Fiscal Year: 2000..Recent evidence indicates that cyclin A and B1, and cdc2 kinase, which regulate cellular progression through G2 to mitosis (M), also mediate cellular ..
- CELLULAR PHARMACOLOGY IN CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYWilliam Plunkett; Fiscal Year: 2006..arrested cells and S phase enriched populations the alterations of the kinase activity of Cdk2 associated with cyclin A, the complex that drive cells into and through S phase...
- FORMATION,INTERACTION & FUNCTION OF SPINDLE COMPONENTSConly L Rieder; Fiscal Year: 2010..prophase cells, induced by hypothermia to revert to 62, fail to re-enter mitosis after 24 hrs because they lack cyclin A or Cdc25;&c) the etiology of chromosome segregation abnormalities in such revertants when induced to re-enter ..
- Mechanistic Effects of Organic Selenium Against Colon CMark Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2006..We also have evidence for a COX-2 independent mechanism. We can demonstrate alterations in cyclin A, cyclin B, and p34 cdc2 phosphorylation in selenomethionine treated colon cancer cells...
- ETOH, LIVER REGENERATION AND ADENYLYL CYCLASE SIGNALLINGAnna Mae Diehl; Fiscal Year: 1999..2) Determine if chronic ethanol consumption inhibits post-PH induction of 2 growth-regulatory genes (C/EBP B and cyclin A) that are transcriptionally activated by cAMP, and discover if ethanol effects mimic those of other agents that ..
- GROWTH REGULATION--SENESCENT VS NONSENESCENT CELLSGRETCHEN STEIN; Fiscal Year: 1999..that mitogen-stimulated senescent HDF fail to phosphorylate their retinoblastoma protein (pRB) and lack c-fos, cyclin A and cdc2...
- C/EBP ALPHA REGULATION OF ACUTE PHASE RESPONSE IN VIVOGretchen Darlington; Fiscal Year: 2004..The C/EBPalpha-dependent calpain also cleaves cyclin A. All of these observations will be pursued as part of this continuation application which contains four specific ..
- ANDROGEN RECEPTOR REGULATION OF PROSTATE CANCER GROWTHSamir Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2002..of an androgen responsive prostate cancer cell line LNCaP results in increase growth, increased expression of cyclin A and cyclin dependent kinases (cdk's) 1 and 2, and decreased expression of the retinoblastoma protein (Rb)...
- INVESTIGATION OF THE CELLULAR P300 PROTEINEdward Harlow; Fiscal Year: 1993..of the ElA-associated proteins have been identified as the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor gene product and human cyclin A. Both of these proteins are known to have important roles in the control of cell cycle and proliferation, ..
- SV40 T ANTIGEN TRANSACTIVATION AND TRANSFORMATIONJANE CAVENDER; Fiscal Year: 2005..T antigen activities required to transactivate ribosomal promoter paralleled those required to transactivate the cyclin A promoter...
- Cyclin Dependent Kinase 6 in Cardiac DevelopmentHal Skopicki; Fiscal Year: 2006..In contrast to all other cell cycle regulatory proteins known to exist, the nuclear reduction in cdk6 and cyclin A protein levels occurs synchronously with cardiomyocyte cell cycle withdrawal...
- G2 Role For Cdk2 in Human CellsGregory Enders; Fiscal Year: 2007..We now report that interfering with expression of cyclin A, one of the Cdk2 activating subunits, imposed S and G2/M delays in normal human fibroblasts and qualitatively ..
- Cooperative roles of Tat & k-cyclin Kaposi's sarcomaMengtao Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will increase our understanding of the pathogenesis of AIDS-associated KS, the cooperative role of Tat and k-cyclin, and suggest a strategy in combating this tumor. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fibronectin Polymerization: Effects on Cell SignalingPAULA MC KEOWN LONGO; Fiscal Year: 2009..in adhesion, but not growth factor, regulation of ERK pathways necessary for the expression of cyclin D and cyclin A. During the next funding period, we will evaluate the hypothesis that anastellin-induced fibronectin matrix ..
- P27kip1 as an early effector of pRB functionLiang Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2004..after controlled re-expression of pRB in pRB-deficient tumor cells, protein levels of cyclin EfCdk2 and cyclin A/Cdk2, perhaps the most important repression targets of pRB, declined after the onset of GI cell cycle arrest...
- MECHANISM OF CYCLIN A-CDK2 INHIBITION BY P57KEVIN LUMB; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed research will use modern biophysical and molecular biology techniques to elucidate the mechanism of cyclin A-Cdk2 inhibition by p57. The specific aims are: 1...
- REGULATION OF THE DIFFERENTIATION OF MOUSE KERATIOCYTESW Pledger; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, the cyclin A and cyclin D1 proteins undergo rapid degradation which is reflected in the loss of their associated kinase ..
- Identification of Histone Gene Regulatory SequencesGary Stein; Fiscal Year: 2006..HiNF-D is a multimeric complex of the DNA binding protein CDP-cut, pRB, cyclin A and CDKI/CDC2; HiNF-M is the oncoprotein IRF-2; and HiNF-P is a novel zinc-finger DNA binding protein linked to ..
- Bioflavonoid Effects on EGF Signaling and Cell Cycle Pathways in Prostate CancerBARRY MATTHEW MARKAVERICH; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies may lead to the development of new drugs and/or dietary components for use in cancer prevention or treatment. ..
- PROGESTERONE, CELL CYCLE AND CANCERJeffrey Pollard; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, P4 abrogated the E2 induced cyclin E and cyclin A-Cdk2 activities...
- Identification of novel co-factors for HIV Tat and Rev as therapeutic targetsAndrew P Rice; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have identified a number of novel cellular complexes that contain CCN1/CDK9 or XPO1...
- Cyr61/CCN1-Induced Angiogenesis and Vasculogenesis in the RetinaBrahim Chaqour; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Brahim Chaqour; Fiscal Year: 2015..The long term goal of our laboratory is to uncover the in vivo functions of the matricellular protein CCN1, also known as cysteine-rich protein 61, and the functional consequences of its expression, or lack thereof, in ..
- Joan Heller Brown; Fiscal Year: 2016..Two novel RhoA targets, the matricellular protein CCN1, which works through integrin signaling, and PLC epsilon which activates PKC epsilon and PKD, are also examined for ..
- Rho- and GPCR-mediated signaling through novel cellular effectorsJoan Heller Brown; Fiscal Year: 2012..The other involves transcriptional upregulation of Cyr61 (CCN1), a protein that is expressed as an immediate early gene, secreted and signals through integrin receptors...
- Mechanism of Dnmt1 Up-regulation by Fhit LossCHARLES M BRENNER; Fiscal Year: 2012..in DNA methylation, which silences expression of a set of extracellularly localized tumor suppressors, including Ccn1, Ccn2 and Tgm2...
- Lester F Lau; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our recent studies have identified the matricellular protein CCN1 as a compelling candidate for the regulator of this mechanism...
- Karen M Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2015..data showing that Ccn2 mutants have primary defects in formation of the NP, and these are exacerbated in Ccn1/2 double mutants...
- Charalabos Pothoulakis; Fiscal Year: 2014..receptor (NK-1R) mediates angiogenesis in vivo and in vitro by inducing secretion of the pro-angiogenic factor CCN1 and likely VEGF from colonocytes, which in turn stimulates neo- angiogenesis in human intestinal microvascular ..
- Roger R Markwald; Fiscal Year: 2015..We focus on the function of two distinct matricellular proteins, CCN1/cry61 and periostin, whose expression patterns and null phenotypes indicate key signaling roles in AV morphogenesis ..
- Lester F Lau; Fiscal Year: 2015..course of normal cutaneous wound healing, myofibroblasts in the granulation tissue are driven into senescence by CCN1, a matricellular protein that is dynamically expressed at sites of wound repair...
- Mechanical and Developmental Gene Regulation in BladderBrahim Chaqour; Fiscal Year: 2005..of evidence indicating that the immediate early growth factor referred to as Cyr61 (cysteine-rich protein 61) or CCN1 plays an important role in the response of bladder smooth muscle cells (SMCs) to mechanical stimulation...
- Role of CCN1 and CCN2 in Cartilage MaintenanceROMMELDA DEYOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2007b>CCN1 and CCN2 are members of a family of 6 structurally related matricellular proteins that serve regulatory roles in cell proliferation, differentiation and survival through their interaction with integrins...
- CYR61-a novel potential mediator of photoaged human skinTaihao Quan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from the proposed studies will provide a foundation of knowledge regarding the role of CYR61 in human skin. ..
- Ribosome Biogenesis and p53 Dependent Cell Cycle ControlLESTER LAU; Fiscal Year: 2006..Through these studies we hope to elucidate the mechanism by which nucleolar surveillance functions as a novel cell cycle checkpoint. ..
- FoxM1B Protein in Stimulating Proliferation during AgingLESTER LAU; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CYR61-Mediated Angiogenesis in Rheumatoid ArthritisLESTER LAU; Fiscal Year: 2002..Then we will explore Cyr61 as a potential therapeutic target. We will test whether blockade of Cyr6l function, using monoclonal antibodies or inhibitory peptides, can prevent or ameliorate arthritis and joint destruction. ..
- Structure and Function of the Matricellular Protein CCN1LESTER LAU; Fiscal Year: 2008b>CCN1, or CYR61, is a cysteine-rich, secreted matricellular protein with diverse regulatory functions. Encoded by a growth factor-inducible immediate-early gene, the expression of CCN1 is dynamic and developmentally controlled...
- INDUCIBLE GENES IN ANGIOGENESIS AND TUMOR GROWTHLESTER LAU; Fiscal Year: 2003..Third, the role of Cyr61 in tumor growth and metastasis will be evaluated, and intervention of Cyr61 activities will be explored as a means of restricting tumor growth. ..
- Integrin-Matrix Interaction in Cardiovascular DevelopmentLester F Lau; Fiscal Year: 2010..The essential role of CCN1 (CYR61), a matricellular angiogenic protein, in cardiovascular development has been recently established...
- Biomarkers for lymphoma in a new transgenic mouse modelGERALD DENIS; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Proteomic biomarkers for lymphomaGERALD DENIS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The heuristic should be adaptable and extendable to a wide spectrum of human hematologic malignancies, including myeloid leukemias. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Selenium molecular signaling in human prostate cancerClement Ip; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 4 is to study the transcriptional control of GADD153 by selenium. The proposed research is thus designed to examine systemically the impact of GADD153 induction as a result of selenium treatment. ..
- Cell Cycle Regulation by Checkpoints in DrosophilaTin Tin Su; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 4) We will screen through existing mutagensensitive Drosophila mutants for their ability to regulate mitosis, S phase and cell death after irradiation, in order to uncover novel genes needed for proper response to DNA damage. ..
- MECHANISMS OF PODOCYTE INJURYStuart Shankland; Fiscal Year: 2005..Taken together, the overall goal is to show novel mechanisms underlying podo injury, so that ultimately, specific therapeutic strategies can be developed to reduce podo injury in the development of glomerular sclerosis. ..
- CANCER PREVENTION BY SELENIUM-ENRICHED ALLIUM VEGETABLESClement Ip; Fiscal Year: 2003..The objective is to corroborate the significance of clonal suppression of preneoplastic lesions in selenium protection of cancer. ..
- 6th International Podocyte ConferenceStuart Shankland; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, this is an exciting era in podocytes biology given the large body of literature that has been published in the past 2-5 years. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 5TH INTERNATIONAL PODOCYTE CONFERENCEStuart Shankland; Fiscal Year: 2004..3. To facilitate cross-talk between clinicians and scientists with the ultimate goal of improving prognosis, treatment and care of patients with glomerular disease. ..
- Cell Growth and Radiation Survival in DrosophilaTin Tin Su; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding radiation survival in a multicellular context could help identify potential therapies for when we do not want cells to survive irradiation, such as in the treatment of cancer. ..
- Molecular biomarkers of selenium chemopreventionClement Ip; Fiscal Year: 2006..The goal is to broaden our understanding of the significance of clonal suppression of early transformed cells in selenium protection of cancer. ..
- MAMMARY CANCER PREVENTION BY CONJUGATED LINOLEIC ACIDClement Ip; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- 7th International Podocyte ConferenceStuart Shankland; Fiscal Year: 2008..In summary, the only hope for our patients is by focused and concerted efforts such as the 7th International Podocyte Conference which will ultimately enhance their overall care. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- An in vivo Screen for Radiation SensitizersTin Tin Su; Fiscal Year: 2008..Successful completion of this project would establish a novel, rapid and effective primary screen in vivo for radiosensitizers with potential therapeutic value. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELL CYCLE CONTROL IN GLOMERULAR DISEASEStuart Shankland; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal is to identify new targets for potential therapies in order to reduce the heavy burden of disease in patients with gIomerular disease. ..