Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CTXN3
Description: cortexin 3
Alias: KABE, cortexin-3, kidney and brain-expressed protein
- In silico-initiated cloning and molecular characterization of cortexin 3, a novel human gene specifically expressed in the kidney and brain, and well conserved in vertebratesHai Tao Wang
Department of Interventional and Minimally Invasive Therapy, Tianjin Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Therapy, Tianjin Medical University, 300060 Tianjin, P R China
Int J Mol Med 20:501-10. 2007We report on the in silico-initiated cloning and molecular characterization of CTXN3 (cortexin 3), a new human gene that was specifically expressed in the kidney and brain due to tissue-specific alternative exon 1 usage, on chromosome ..
- A genome-wide association study of schizophrenia using brain activation as a quantitative phenotypeSteven G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Schizophr Bull 35:96-108. 2009..We present an alternative strategy with increased statistical power over a case-control study that uses brain imaging as a quantitative trait (QT) in the context of a GWAS in schizophrenia...
- A genome-wide association meta-analysis of plasma Aβ peptides concentrations in the elderlyV Chouraki
1 INSERM U744, Lille, France 2 Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France 3 Université Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Mol Psychiatry 19:1326-35. 2014..We also assessed the biological impact of the gene most strongly associated with plasma Aβ1-42 levels (cortexin 3, CTXN3) on APP metabolism in vitro and found that the gene protein was able to modulate Aβ1-42 secretion...
- Association between 5q23.2-located polymorphism of CTXN3 gene (Cortexin 3) and schizophrenia in European-Caucasian males; implications for the aetiology of schizophreniaOmar Sery
Laboratory of neurobiology and molecular psychiatry, Laboratory of Molecular Physiology, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Kotlarska 2, 611 37, Brno, Czech Republic
Behav Brain Funct 11:10. 2015..CTXN3 resides in a genomic region (5q21-34) known to be associated with schizophrenia and encodes a protein cortexin 3 which is highly enriched in brain.
- Association of CTXN3-SLC12A2 polymorphisms and schizophrenia in a Thai populationBenjaporn Panichareon
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
Behav Brain Funct 8:27. 2012..association study (GWAS) combined with brain imaging as a quantitative trait analysis revealed that the SNPs near CTXN3-SLC12A2 region were related to forebrain development and stress response which involved in schizophrenia...
- Methadone maintenance patients' knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and experiences concerning treatment for hepatitis C virus infectionKelly M Canfield
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Subst Use Misuse 45:496-514. 2010Hepatitis C virus (HCV) knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and experiences (KABE) of 64 HCV antibody positive methadone maintenance treatment (MMT) patients were assessed in conjunction with acceptability of an on-site semi-structured HCV ..
- Identifying gene regulatory networks in schizophreniaSteven G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, 5251 California Avenue, Suite 240, University of California, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Neuroimage 53:839-47. 2010..Several of these genes (RSRC1, ARHGAP18, ROBO1-ROBO2, GPC1, TNIK, and CTXN3-SLC12A2) have functions related to progenitor cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation, cytoskeleton ..
- Transdisciplinary Imaging Genetics Center (1 of 2)(RMI)Steven Potkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new knowledge generated by the Center holds considerable promise for improving diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..