Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CSK
Description: CSK, non-receptor tyrosine kinase
Alias: tyrosine-protein kinase CSK, C-Src kinase, c-src tyrosine kinase, protein-tyrosine kinase CYL
Publications264 found, 100 shown here
- Outside-in integrin signal transduction. Alpha IIb beta 3-(GP IIb IIIa) tyrosine phosphorylation induced by platelet aggregationD A Law
COR Therapeutics, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 271:10811-5. 1996..The data suggest that tyrosine phosphorylation of an integrin beta subunit may be important in initiating outside-in signaling cascades by inducing association of signaling components directly with the integrin...
- Toll-like receptor 3 associates with c-Src tyrosine kinase on endosomes to initiate antiviral signalingIngvild Bjellmo Johnsen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s and Women s Health, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Children s and Women s Health, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
EMBO J 25:3335-46. 2006..These results provide novel insight into the molecular mechanisms of TLR3-mediated signaling, which may contribute to the understanding of innate immune responses during viral infections...
- An RNA-binding protein associated with Src through its SH2 and SH3 domains in mitosisS J Taylor
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
Nature 368:867-71. 1994..Because the Src SH3 domain also binds heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K, these results raise the intriguing possibility that c-Src may regulate the processing, trafficking or translation of RNA in a cell-cycle-dependent manner...
- Analysis of the binding of the Src homology 2 domain of Csk to tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins in the suppression and mitotic activation of c-SrcH Sabe
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:3984-8. 1994b>Csk (C-terminal Src kinase), a protein-tyrosine kinase, bearing the Src homology 2 and 3 (SH2 and SH3) domains, has been implicated in phosphorylation of c-Src Tyr-527, resulting in suppression of c-Src kinase activity...
- Sequence requirements for association of protein-tyrosine phosphatase PEP with the Src homology 3 domain of inhibitory tyrosine protein kinase p50(csk)A Gregorieff
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 273:13217-22. 1998Previously, we reported that the inhibitory tyrosine protein kinase p50(csk) is physically associated with the protein-tyrosine phosphatase PEP in hematopoietic cells...
- C-terminal Src kinase associates with ligand-stimulated insulin-like growth factor-I receptorC Arbet-Engels
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 274:5422-8. 1999..We observed that the IGF-IR and IR associated with the C-terminal Src kinase (CSK) following ligand stimulation...
- Transmembrane phosphoprotein Cbp regulates the activities of Src-family tyrosine kinasesM Kawabuchi
Division of Protein Metabolism, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Nature 404:999-1003. 2000..The activity of Src-PTKs in cells of different types is negatively controlled by Csk, which specifically phosphorylates a conserved regulatory tyrosine residue at the carboxy-terminal tail of the Src-..
- A novel, specific interaction involving the Csk SH3 domain and its natural ligandR Ghose
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021 6399, USA
Nat Struct Biol 8:998-1004. 2001C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) takes part in a highly specific, high affinity interaction via its Src homology 3 (SH3) domain with the proline-enriched tyrosine phosphatase PEP in hematopoietic cells...
- A phosphotyrosine-dependent protein interaction screen reveals a role for phosphorylation of caveolin-1 on tyrosine 14: recruitment of C-terminal Src kinaseHaiming Cao
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
J Biol Chem 277:8771-4. 2002..manner: tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor-associated factor 2 (TRAF2) and C-terminal Src kinase (Csk). TRAF2 bound to nonphosphorylated caveolin-1, but this association was increased 3-fold by phosphorylation...
- Activated c-SRC in ductal carcinoma in situ correlates with high tumour grade, high proliferation and HER2 positivityG R Wilson
Department of Academic Surgery, Research and Education Building 2nd Floor, South Manchester University Hospital, Wythenshawe, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 95:1410-4. 2006..011). Thus, high c-Src activity may identify a subset of DCIS with high risk of recurrence or progression to invasive cancer where therapeutics targeting c-Src may benefit this patient subset...
- Structural basis for the recognition of c-Src by its inactivator CskNicholas M Levinson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Department of Chemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences QB3, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Cell 134:124-34. 2008..on a tyrosine residue located near the C terminus (Tyr 527 in c-Src), which is catalyzed by C-terminal Src Kinase (Csk)...
- Structural characterization of the natively unfolded N-terminal domain of human c-Src kinase: insights into the role of phosphorylation of the unique domainYolanda Perez
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Parc Cientific de Barcelona, Baldiri Reixac 10, Barcelona, Spain
J Mol Biol 391:136-48. 2009..These observations suggest the unique domain of Src kinases as a source of selectivity and reinforce the relevant role of intrinsically disordered proteins in biological processes...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of CD45 phosphotyrosine phosphatase by p50csk kinase creates a binding site for p56lck tyrosine kinase and activates the phosphataseM Autero
Department of Biochemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Mol Cell Biol 14:1308-21. 1994..Cotransfection of CD45 and csk into COS-1 cells caused tyrosine phosphorylation of CD45 in the intact cells...
- The crystal structure of human CskSH3: structural diversity near the RT-Src and n-Src loopT V Borchert
EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
FEBS Lett 341:79-85. 1994..The crystal structure of the SH3 domain of Csk (c-Src specific tyrosine kinase) has been refined at a resolution of 2.5 A, with an R-factor of 22.4%...
- The nonreceptor protein-tyrosine kinase CSK complexes directly with the GTPase-activating protein-associated p62 protein in cells expressing v-Src or activated c-SrcK Neet
Graduate Program in Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:4908-20. 1995b>CSK is a predominantly cytosolic protein-tyrosine kinase (PTK) that negatively regulates Src family PTKs by phosphorylation of a conserved tyrosine near their C termini. Little is known about how CSK itself is regulated...
- Csk is constitutively associated with a 60-kDa tyrosine-phosphorylated protein in human T cellsB Catipovic
Division of Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, The John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Biol Chem 271:9698-703. 1996The protein-tyrosine kinase Csk is one of the main down-regulators of the Src family of kinases...
- Association of inhibitory tyrosine protein kinase p50csk with protein tyrosine phosphatase PEP in T cells and other hemopoietic cellsJ F Cloutier
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
EMBO J 15:4909-18. 1996p50csk is a tyrosine protein kinase (TPK) that represses the activity of Src family TPKs. We previously showed that Csk is a potent negative regulator of antigen receptor signaling in T lymphocytes and that its Src homology (SH) 3 and ..
- Phosphoprotein associated with glycosphingolipid-enriched microdomains (PAG), a novel ubiquitously expressed transmembrane adaptor protein, binds the protein tyrosine kinase csk and is involved in regulation of T cell activationT Brdicka
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 14220 Prague, Czech Republic
J Exp Med 191:1591-604. 2000..tyrosine-phosphorylated protein and binds the major negative regulator of Src kinases, the tyrosine kinase Csk. After activation of peripheral blood alpha/beta T cells, PAG becomes rapidly dephosphorylated and dissociates from ..
- Transmembrane phosphoprotein Cbp positively regulates the activity of the carboxyl-terminal Src kinase, CskS Takeuchi
Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:29183-6. 2000b>Csk (carboxyl-terminal Src kinase) is a cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase that phosphorylates a critical tyrosine residue in each of the Src family kinases (SFKs) to inhibit their activities...
- SH2 domain-mediated interaction of inhibitory protein tyrosine kinase Csk with protein tyrosine phosphatase-HSCFB Wang
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, IRCM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Mol Cell Biol 21:1077-88. 2001The protein tyrosine kinase (PTK) Csk is a potent negative regulator of several signal transduction processes, as a consequence of its exquisite ability to inactivate Src-related PTKs...
- Structural and functional dissection of the cytoplasmic domain of the transmembrane adaptor protein SIT (SHP2-interacting transmembrane adaptor protein)K I Pfrepper
Immunomodulation Laboratory of the Institute for Immunology, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 31:1825-36. 2001..Co-precipitation experiments revealed that the tyrosine kinase p50(csk) could represent the negative regulatory effector molecule that binds to this motif.
- c-Src-mediated phosphorylation of hnRNP K drives translational activation of specifically silenced mRNAsAntje Ostareck-Lederer
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 22:4535-43. 2002..Our results establish a novel role of c-Src kinase in translational gene regulation and reveal a mechanism by which silenced mRNAs can be translationally activated...
- Coupled motions in the SH2 and kinase domains of Csk control Src phosphorylationLilly Wong
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Mol Biol 351:131-43. 2005The C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) phosphorylates and down-regulates Src family tyrosine kinases. The Csk-binding protein (Cbp) localizes Csk close to its substrates at the plasma membrane, and increases the specific activity of the kinase...
- p140Cap protein suppresses tumour cell properties, regulating Csk and Src kinase activityPaola Di Stefano
Molecular Biotechnology Center, University of Torino, Via Nizza 52, Turin 10126, Italy
EMBO J 26:2843-55. 2007..we characterise p140Cap as a novel Src-binding protein, which regulates Src activation via C-terminal Src kinase (Csk). p140Cap silencing increases cell spreading, migration rate and Src kinase activity...
- Dok-3, a novel adapter molecule involved in the negative regulation of immunoreceptor signalingS Lemay
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y6
Mol Cell Biol 20:2743-54. 2000..of Dok-3 to at least two inhibitory molecules, the 5' inositol phosphatase SHIP and the protein tyrosine kinase Csk. We also demonstrate that augmented expression of wild-type Dok-3 in a B-cell line results in an inhibition of ..
- Inhibition of the Jun N-terminal protein kinase pathway by SHIP-1, a lipid phosphatase that interacts with the adaptor molecule Dok-3Jeffrey D Robson
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Mol Cell Biol 24:2332-43. 2004..activation in A20 B cells and that it associates with SHIP-1, a 5' inositol-specific lipid phosphatase, as well as Csk, a negative regulator of Src kinases...
- cyl encodes a putative cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase lacking the conserved tyrosine autophosphorylation site (Y416src)J Partanen
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Oncogene 6:2013-8. 1991..The cyl gene is located on human chromosome 15. It is expressed ubiquitously as two independently regulated mRNA species of 2.6 and 3.4 kb in human leukemia cell lines and fetal tissues...
- Overexpressed Csk tyrosine kinase is localized in focal adhesions, causes reorganization of alpha v beta 5 integrin, and interferes with HeLa cell spreadingM Bergman
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Mol Cell Biol 15:711-22. 1995..To gain insight into the cellular functions of this potentially antioncogenic enzyme, we have overexpressed the csk cDNA by using an inducible promoter in HeLa cells...
- Paxillin interactionsC E Turner
Dept of Cell and Developmental Biology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY13210, USA
J Cell Sci 113:4139-40. 2000..In addition, negative regulators of these pathways, including CSK (an inhibitor of SRC activity) and PTP-PEST (a phosphatase that dephosphorylates p130Cas), bind directly to ..
- [Application of lasers in treatment of larynx diseases]Andrzej Wojdas
Klinika Otolaryngologii Wojskowego Instytutu Medycznego CSK MON w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 63:76-9. 2009..laser treatments performer between 1994-2008 in the Otolaryngology Department of the Military Medical Institute CSK MON in Warsaw. The examination covered 445 patients including 142 women (31.9%) and 303 men (68...
- The inhibition of tube formation in a collagen-fibrinogen, three-dimensional gel by cleaved kininogen (HKa) and HK domain 5 (D5) is dependent on Src family kinasesYuchuan Liu
The Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Exp Cell Res 314:774-88. 2008..HKa and D5 inhibited Src 416 phosphorylation by 62+/-12.3% and 83+/-6.1%, respectively. The C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) inhibits Src kinase activity. Using a siRNA to Csk, expression of Csk was down-regulated by 86+/-7...
- Src family kinases: regulation of their activities, levels and identification of new pathwaysEvan Ingley
Cell Signalling Group, Laboratory for Cancer Medicine, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research and Centre for Medical Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1784:56-65. 2008..This review outlines SFK regulation, the discovery of the Csk binding protein (Phosphoprotein Associated with Glycosphingolipid-enriched microdomains, Cbp/PAG), and its role in ..
- Expression patterns of Src-family tyrosine kinases during Xenopus laevis developmentZoltan Ferjentsik
Laboratory of Gene Expression and Laboratory of Bacteriology, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic v v i, Czech Republic
Int J Dev Biol 53:163-8. 2009..in Xenopus laevis, the expression patterns of five SFK genes src, fyn, yes, lyn and laloo as well as of the csk gene, a negative regulator of SFKs, using RT-qPCR and in situ hybridisation...
- Src-family tyrosine kinases in activation of ERK-1 and p85/p110-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase by G/CCKB receptorsL Daulhac
Groupe de Recherche de Biologie et Pathologie Digestives, INSERM U 151, CHU Rangueil, 1 avenue J Poulhes, Institut Louis Bugnard, Batiment L3, 31403 Toulouse, France
J Biol Chem 274:20657-63. 1999..Grb2 complex formation but partially inhibited ERK-1 activation by this peptide. Expression of Csk, which inactivates Src-family kinases, totally inhibited gastrin-induced Src-like activity detected in anti-Src and ..
- C-terminal Src kinase (CSK) modulates insulin-like growth factor-I signaling through Src in 3T3-L1 differentiationHiroko Sekimoto
Department of Pediatrics, Brown Medical School and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Endocrinology 144:2546-52. 2003..C-terminal Src kinase (CSK), a ubiquitously expressed nonreceptor tyrosine kinase, negatively regulates the Src family kinases by ..
- Mechanism of Csk-mediated down-regulation of Src family tyrosine kinases in epidermal growth factor signalingHidetada Matsuoka
Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:5975-83. 2004..The function of SFK is regulated by phosphorylation at the C-terminal regulatory site mediated by Csk. Recently a novel SFK target Cbp (or PAG) was identified as a membrane-anchored scaffold protein for Csk...
- Lipoprotein lipase and hydrofluoric acid deactivate both bacterial lipoproteins and lipoteichoic acids, but platelet-activating factor-acetylhydrolase degrades only lipoteichoic acidsHo Seong Seo
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2170, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:1187-95. 2009..We investigated the reaction specificities by using two synthetic lipoproteins (Pam(3)CSK(4) and FSL-1) and LTAs from pneumococci and staphylococci...
- Identification of major tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins in Csk-deficient cellsS Nada
Division of Protein Metabolism, Osaka University, Japan
Oncogene 9:3571-8. 1994b>Csk is a non-receptor protein-tyrosine kinase that acts as a negative regulator of Src family tyrosine kinases. Csk-deficient mouse embryos exhibited developmental defects including inability to turn and impaired formation of neural tube...
- Distinct roles of the Src family kinases, SRC-1 and KIN-22, that are negatively regulated by CSK-1 in C. elegansTakashi Hirose
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
FEBS Lett 534:133-8. 2003..here we characterized Caenorhabditis elegans orthologues of SFKs (src-1 and kin-22) and their regulator kinase Csk (csk-1)...
- Adenovirus-mediated overexpression of C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) in type I astrocytes interferes with cell spreading and attachment to fibronectin. Correlation with tyrosine phosphorylations of paxillin and FAKY Takayama
Division of Protein Metabolism, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:2291-7. 1999To examine the role of C-terminal Src kinase (Csk), a negative regulatory kinase of Src family tyrosine kinases, in the cell adhesion mechanism of the nervous system, wild-type Csk (Csk), and a kinase-deficient mutant of Csk (Csk-DeltaK) ..
- CSK: a protein-tyrosine kinase involved in regulation of src family kinasesM Okada
Division of Protein Metabolism, Osaka University, Japan
J Biol Chem 266:24249-52. 1991..Recently we have purified and cloned a protein-tyrosine kinase (designated as CSK) that can specifically phosphorylate the negative regulatory site of p60c-src...
- Association of csk-homologous kinase (CHK) (formerly MATK) with HER-2/ErbB-2 in breast cancer cellsS Zrihan-Licht
Division of Hematology Oncology, Deaconess and Beth Israel Hospitals, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 272:1856-63. 1997Protein-tyrosine kinases, such as HER-2/ErbB-2, have been specifically linked to breast cancer. The Csk-homologous kinase (CHK), formerly MATK, is a tyrosine kinase that contains the Src homology 2 and 3 (SH2 and SH3) domains and ..
- Mutation of csk, encoding the C-terminal Src kinase, reduces Pseudomonas aeruginosa internalization by mammalian cells and enhances bacterial cytotoxicityDavid J Evans
Morton D Sarver Laboratory for Cornea and Contact Lens Research, School of Optometry, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Microb Pathog 33:135-43. 2002..aeruginosa invasion. Using fibroblasts homozygous for mutation of csk (-/-), we tested the hypothesis that mutation of csk, encoding a negative regulator of Src-family tyrosine kinases, ..
- Influence of EPIYA-repeat polymorphism on the phosphorylation-dependent biological activity of Helicobacter pylori CagAMasanori Naito
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Gastroenterology 130:1181-90. 2006..SHP-2 via the Western CagA-specific EPIYA-C or East Asian CagA-specific EPIYA-D site, and C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) via the EPIYA-A or EPIYA-B site...
- Role of Src-family kinases in formation of the cortical actin cap at the dorsal cell surfaceTakahisa Kuga
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Inohana 1 8 1, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8675, Japan
Exp Cell Res 314:2040-54. 2008..The cortical actin cap is disrupted by SFK inhibitors or overexpression of the Lyn SH3 domain. Csk-knockout cells form the cortical actin cap when the level of tyrosine phosphorylation is increased by Na(3)VO(4), a ..
- SRC family kinases are required for limb trajectory selection by spinal motor axonsTzu Jen Kao
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Neurosci 29:5690-700. 2009..Inhibition of SFK activity by C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) overexpression in chick LMC axons using in ovo electroporation resulted in LMC axons selecting the inappropriate ..
- Src-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin is not sufficient to decrease barrier function of endothelial monolayersAlejandro P Adam
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Biol Chem 285:7045-55. 2010..initiated by growth factors or inflammatory mediators, we activated Src and SFKs by expression of dominant negative Csk, expression of constitutively active Src, or knockdown of Csk...
- Impaired development of CD4+ CD8+ thymoyctes by csk-'knock-in' into fyn locusS Kanazawa
Department of Morphogenesis, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Oncogene 13:199-204. 1996..Here, we have 'knocked-in' the csk gene, a negative regulator of Src-family kinases, into fyn locus to challenge the problem of redundant functions ..
- HIV-1 Nef selectively activates Src family kinases Hck, Lyn, and c-Src through direct SH3 domain interactionRonald P Trible
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 281:27029-38. 2006..Co-expression of the negative regulatory kinase Csk suppressed SFK activity and reversed the growth-inhibitory effect...
- PTPN22 deficiency cooperates with the CD45 E613R allele to break tolerance on a non-autoimmune backgroundJulie Zikherman
University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
J Immunol 182:4093-106. 2009..We report that misexpression of wild-type or R620W Pep/Lyp in Jurkat cells, in the context of its binding partner Csk, unmasks the risk allele as a hypomorph...
- Transforming potential of Src family kinases is limited by the cholesterol-enriched membrane microdomainChitose Oneyama
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 29:6462-72. 2009..All SFKs could induce cell transformation when overexpressed in C-terminal Src kinase (Csk)-deficient fibroblasts...
- 35H, a sequence isolated as a protein kinase C binding protein, is a novel member of the adducin familyL Dong
W Alton Jones Cell Science Center, Inc, Lake Placid, New York 12946 1099, USA
J Biol Chem 270:25534-40. 1995..to alpha- and beta-adducins in that they were preferentially recovered in the Triton X-100-insoluble (cytoskeletal, CSK) fraction of cell extracts and were predominantly localized to cell borders...
- Control of cytoskeletal mechanics by extracellular matrix, cell shape, and mechanical tensionN Wang
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachussetts
Biophys J 66:2181-9. 1994We have investigated how extracellular matrix (ECM) alters the mechanical properties of the cytoskeleton (CSK)...
- Mechanical interactions among cytoskeletal filamentsN Wang
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Hypertension 32:162-5. 1998..To understand how cytoskeletal (CSK) filaments interact with one another mechanically, mechanical properties of adherent endothelial cells were ..
- Evolution of recognition of ligands from Gram-positive bacteria: similarities and differences in the TLR2-mediated response between mammalian vertebrates and teleost fishCarla M S Ribeiro
Cell Biology and Immunology Group, Department of Animal Sciences, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Immunol 184:2355-68. 2010..lipopeptide N-palmitoyl-S-(2,3-bis(palmitoyloxy)-(2RS)-propyl)-(R)-Cys-(S)-Ser-(S)-Lys(4) trihydrochloride (Pam(3)CSK(4)) but not the diacylated lipopeptide macrophage-activating lipopeptide-2 (MALP-2) also activated TLR2 transfected ..
- Toll-like receptor prestimulation increases phagocytosis of Escherichia coli DH5alpha and Escherichia coli K1 strains by murine microglial cellsSandra Ribes
Department of Neurology, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Infect Immun 77:557-64. 2009..coli. Here, murine microglial cultures were stimulated with the TLR agonists Pam(3)CSK(4) (TLR1/TLR2), lipopolysaccharide (TLR4), and CpG oligodeoxynucleotide (TLR9) for 24 h...
- Functional TFIIH is required for UV-induced translocation of CSA to the nuclear matrixMasafumi Saijo
Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Yamadaoka 1 3, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:2538-47. 2007..We developed a cell-free system for the UV-induced translocation of CSA. A cytoskeleton (CSK) buffer-soluble fraction containing CSA and a CSK buffer-insoluble fraction prepared from UV-irradiated CS-A cells ..
- Transmembrane phosphoprotein Cbp senses cell adhesion signaling mediated by Src family kinase in lipid raftsTakaki Shima
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14897-902. 2003Cbp, a C-terminal Src kinase (Csk)-binding protein, is a transmembrane phosphoprotein that has been implicated in the regulation of the Src family kinase (SFK) through recruiting Csk, a negative regulator of SFK, to a membrane ..
- Src kinase regulation by phosphorylation and dephosphorylationRobert Roskoski
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1100 Florida Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:1-14. 2005..and an inhibiting phosphotyrosine 527 that results from phosphorylation by C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) and Csk homologous kinase. Dephosphorylation of phosphotyrosine 527 increases Src kinase activity...
- Identification and characterization of Batk, a predominantly brain-specific non-receptor protein tyrosine kinase related to CskS S Kuo
Department of Neurobiology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Neurosci Res 38:705-15. 1994..tyrosine kinase (Batk), was isolated from a rat hippocampal library and appears to encode a new member of the Csk subfamily of non-receptor protein tyrosine kinases, with 52% overall amino acid identity to rat Csk...
- Mechanical and spatial determinants of cytoskeletal geodesic dome formation in cardiac fibroblastsEmilia Entcheva
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, HSC T18 030, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8181, USA
Integr Biol (Camb) 1:212-9. 2009This study tests the hypothesis that the cell cytoskeletal (CSK) network can rearrange from geodesic dome type structures to stress fibers in response to microenvironmental cues...
- Shape-engineered fibroblasts: cell elasticity and actin cytoskeletal features characterized by fluorescence and atomic force microscopySatoru Kidoaki
Division of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res A 81:803-10. 2007..of shape-dependent cell mechanics, the cell elasticity and structural features of the actin cytoskeleton (CSK) were characterized for shape-engineered fibroblasts; round and spindle-shaped cells cultured on ..
- Counteracting signaling activities in lipid rafts associated with the invasion of lung epithelial cells by Pseudomonas aeruginosaDavid W Zaas
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9955-64. 2009..the existence of a distinct signaling mechanism in lung epithelial cells mediated by COOH-terminal Src kinase (Csk) that negatively regulates Pseudomonas invasion...
- Early signal protein expression profiles in basophils: a population studySusan Ishmael
Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Leukoc Biol 86:313-25. 2009..of basophils and showed that with the exception of syk, the variance of expression of 19 other elements (lyn, fyn, csk, cbp/PAG, CIN85, Bob1, c-cbl, SHIP1, SHIP2, p85alpha, p110delta, btk, PLCgamma1, PLCgamma2, SHP-1, PTEN, SOS2, ..
- Toll-like receptor agonists induce inflammation and cell death in a model of head and neck squamous cell carcinomasCamilla Rydberg
Division of ENT Diseases, CLINTEC, Huddinge, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunology 128:e600-11. 2009..In Detroit-562, Pam(3)CSK(4), poly(I:C) and flagellin, ligands for TLR2, TLR3 and TLR5, respectively, induced an up-regulation of ..
- Nanoparticle-delivered multimeric soluble CD40L DNA combined with Toll-Like Receptor agonists as a treatment for melanomaGeoffrey W Stone
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7334. 2009..a multimeric, soluble form of CD40L (pSP-D-CD40L) either alone or combined with an agonist for TLR1/2 (Pam(3)CSK(4) ), TLR2/6 (FSL-1 and MALP2), TLR3 (polyinosinic-polycytidylic acid, poly(I:C)), TLR4 ( monophosphoryl lipid A, ..
- The SH3 domain of Src tyrosyl protein kinase interacts with the N-terminal splice region of the PDE4A cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase RPDE-6 (RNPDE4A5)J C O'Connell
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, I B L S, University of Glasgow, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 318:255-61. 1996..RPDE-6 exhibited selectivity in binding to the SH3 domains of c-Abl, Crk, Csk, Lck, Lyn, Fyn and v-Src, with binding to the SH3 regions of the Src-related tyrosyl kinases Lyn and Fyn being the ..
- A cellular tensegrity model to analyse the structural viscoelasticity of the cytoskeletonPatrick CaNadas
B2OA CNRS UMR 7052 Faculté des Sciences et Technologie, Universite Paris 12 Val de Marne, 61 Avenue du General de Gaulle, 94 010, Creteil, Cedex, France
J Theor Biol 218:155-73. 2002..These structural properties appear consistent with cytoskeleton (CSK) mechanical properties measured experimentally by various methods which are specific to the CSK micromanipulation ..
- Differentiation of hidroacanthoma simplex from clonal seborrheic keratosis--an immunohistochemical studyHan Nan Liu
Department of Dermatology, Veterans General Hospital Taipei and National Yang Ming University, Taiwan, ROC
Am J Dermatopathol 26:188-93. 2004..features of HS are not distinctive and histopathologically HS may be confused with clonal seborrheic keratosis (CSK) if cystic or ductal structure is not present...
- Enhanced protection against bovine tuberculosis after coadministration of Mycobacterium bovis BCG with a Mycobacterial protein vaccine-adjuvant combination but not after coadministration of adjuvant aloneD Neil Wedlock
AgResearch, Hopkirk Research Institute, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:765-72. 2008..synthetic mycobacterial phosphatidylinositol mannoside-2 (PIM2), and a synthetic lipopeptide (Pam3Cys-SKKKK [Pam(3)CSK(4)])...
- Toll-like receptor 2 mediates inhibition of HCO(3)(-) absorption by bacterial lipoprotein in medullary thick ascending limbDavid W Good
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, 77555 0562, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F536-44. 2010..The functional role of TLR2 was examined in perfused MTALs using Pam(3)CSK(4), a bacterial lipoprotein analog that specifically activates TLR2...
- Molecular basis of mechanotransduction in living cellsO P Hamill
Physiology and Biophysics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
Physiol Rev 81:685-740. 2001..Instead, a cortical cytoskeleton (CSK) provides a structural framework that allows the animal cell to maintain a stable excess membrane area (i.e...
- Cellular recognition of trimyristoylated peptide or enterobacterial lipopolysaccharide via both TLR2 and TLR4Stephan Spiller
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Hygiene, Technical University of Munich, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:13190-8. 2007..mimicking a bacterial lipoprotein subpopulation for which N-terminal trimyristoylation is characteristic (Myr(3)CSK(4)) activated cells not only through TLR2 but also through TLR4...
- Progesterone increases csk homologous kinase in HMC-1560 human mast cells and reduces cell proliferationMarie Pierre Belot
INSERM, U764, Univ Paris Sud 11, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 13, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Service de Microbiologie Immunologie Biologique, Clamart F 92140, France
J Cell Biochem 102:1271-80. 2007..The Csk homologous kinase (CHK), an endogenous inhibitor of Src protein tyrosine kinases, was also enhanced in progesterone-..
- Protein western array analysis in human pituitary tumours: insights and limitationsAntônio Ribeiro-Oliveira
Department of Endocrinology, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:1099-114. 2008..of prolactin secretion, were significantly overexpressed in all adenoma subtypes, while C-terminal Src kinase (CSK), an inhibitor of proto-oncogenic enzymes, and annexin II, a calcium-dependent binding protein, were significantly ..
- Functional assessment of microencapsulated porcine islets with agarose polystyrene sulfonic acid in vitro and in xenotransplantationH Tashiro
Department of Surgery, The British Columbia University, Canada
Transplant Proc 37:3512-3. 2005..Islets were isolated from the pancreata of CSK miniature swine by manual collagenase digestion and Ficoll purification...
- Cbp recruitment of Csk into lipid rafts is critical to c-Src kinase activity and bone resorption in osteoclastsTakuma Matsubara
Department molecular and cellular biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 25:1068-76. 2010..To address this, we first examined the expression levels and subcellular localization of Csk, a negative regulatory kinase for c-Src...
- Detection of a physical and functional interaction between Csk and Lck which involves the SH2 domain of Csk and is mediated by autophosphorylation of Lck on tyrosine 394C Bougeret
INSERM, , France
J Biol Chem 271:7465-72. 1996The COOH-terminal Src kinase (Csk) is responsible for the phosphorylation of the conserved, negative regulatory, carboxyl-terminal tyrosine of most of the Src family protein tyrosine kinases...
- Translocation of the Csk homologous kinase (Chk/Hyl) controls activity of CD36-anchored Lyn tyrosine kinase in thrombin-stimulated plateletsA Hirao
Department of Cell Differentiation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Honjo, Japan
EMBO J 16:2342-51. 1997..non-receptor tyrosine kinase with greatest homology to a ubiquitous negative regulator of Src family kinases, Csk. To understand the significance of co-expression of Chk and Csk in platelets, we examined the subcellular ..
- Spontaneous autophosphorylation of Lyn tyrosine kinase at both its activation segment and C-terminal tail confers altered substrate specificityA Donella-Deana
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, University of Padova, Italy
Biochemistry 37:1438-46. 1998..of Tyr416 (c-Src numbering) located in the catalytic domain correlates with enzyme activation, while Csk-mediated phosphorylation of the C-terminal tyrosine Tyr527 (c-Src numbering) gives rise to inactive forms of Src ..
- Grb10 identified as a potential regulator of growth hormone (GH) signaling by cloning of GH receptor target proteinsS Moutoussamy
Unite 344, Endocrinologie Moleculaire, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Faculte de Medecine Necker Enfants Malades, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Biol Chem 273:15906-12. 1998..The other proteins identified, Csk, Shb, Grb4, and Grb10 are new potential transducers for cytokine receptors...
- De novo expression of pp125FAK in human macrophages regulates CSK distribution and MAP kinase activation but does not affect focal contact structureM O De Nichilo
Craniofacial Developmental Biology and Regeneration Branch, NIDCR, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4370, USA
J Cell Physiol 178:164-72. 1999..FAK associates with CSK 48 h after infection and recruits it to focal contacts...
- Required role of focal adhesion kinase (FAK) for integrin-stimulated cell migrationD J Sieg
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Immunology, IMM26, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Cell Sci 112:2677-91. 1999..Expression of the FAK Phe-397 mutant did not promote FAK- cell migration and overexpression of p50(csk) in DA2 cells inhibited migration to FN suggesting that Src-family PTKs play important roles in FAK-mediated ..
- p38/SAPK2-dependent gene expression in Jurkat T cellsM Rolli-Derkinderen
Innovationskolleg Zellspezialisierung der Martin Luther Universität Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Biol Chem 381:193-8. 2000..the growth-arrest and DNA-damage gene gadd153 and early-growth-related gene 1 (egr-1) as well as the c-srk kinase csk and the nucleotide exchange factor ras-GRF...
- IL-1 beta transcript stability in monocytes is linked to cytoskeletal reorganization and the availability of mRNA degradation factorsOksana Sirenko
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Immunol Cell Biol 80:328-39. 2002Monocyte extravasation initiates reorganization of the cytoskeleton (CSK) and adhesion-dependent cytokine gene transcription...
- RACK1: a novel substrate for the Src protein-tyrosine kinaseBetty Y Chang
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California, CA 94305, USA
Oncogene 21:7619-29. 2002..We think that RACK1 is an important Src substrate that signals downstream of growth factor receptor tyrosine kinases and is involved in the regulation of Src function and cell growth...
- Protein kinase A intersects SRC signaling in membrane microdomainsHilde Abrahamsen
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Box 1112, Blindern, N 0317 Oslo, Norway
J Biol Chem 278:17170-7. 2003..coupled to the phosphorylation status of the C-terminal regulatory tyrosine Tyr(527), which, when phosphorylated by Csk, represses Src...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 alters expression of tight junction-associated proteins in brain microvascular endothelial cellsLi Song
Blood Brain Barrier Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Microvasc Res 67:78-89. 2004..fractionation experiments, ZO-1 associated predominantly with the detergent-resistant cytoskeletal framework (CSK) in both cultured BMEC and brain microvessels, while a slimmer majority of occludin partitioned with the CSK...
- The intranuclear localization and function of YT521-B is regulated by tyrosine phosphorylationIlona Rafalska
University of Erlangen, Institute for Biochemistry, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 13:1535-49. 2004..We propose that tyrosine phosphorylation causes sequestration of YT521-B in an insoluble nuclear form, which abolishes the ability of YT521-B to change alternative splice sites...
- Cardiomyocyte apoptosis triggered by RAFTK/pyk2 via Src kinase is antagonized by paxillinJaime Melendez
The Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 279:53516-23. 2004..of apoptosis using caspase-3 inhibitor IV (caspase-3 specific inhibitor), PP2 (Src-specific kinase inhibitor), or Csk (cellular negative regulator for Src), as well as dominant negative constructs for p38beta or MKP-1...
- Major histocompatibility class II expression in the normal canine cornea and in canine chronic superficial keratitisD L Williams
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 OES, England, UK
Vet Ophthalmol 8:395-400. 2005To compare the expression of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class II antigen in the corneas of normal dogs and dogs affected with chronic superficial keratitis (CSK).
- Spatial conformation and topography of the tyrosine aromatic ring in substrate recognition by protein tyrosine kinasesPaolo Ruzza
Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry of CNR, Padova Unit, via F Marzolo 1, 35131 Padova, Italy
J Med Chem 49:1916-24. 2006..were analyzed by NMR techniques and tested as potential substrates of the nonreceptor tyrosine kinases Syk, Csk, Lyn, and Fyn...
- Similarities and differences between frozen-hydrated, rigor acto-S1 complexes of insect flight and chicken skeletal musclesKimberly P Littlefield
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92307, USA
J Mol Biol 381:519-28. 2008..characteristics of nucleotide-free myosin0 S1 bound to actin (acto-S1) isolated from chicken skeletal muscle (CSk) and the flight muscles of Lethocerus (Leth) wild-type Drosophila (wt Dros) and a Drosophila chimera (IFI-EC) ..
- TLR2-dependent inhibition of macrophage responses to IFN-gamma is mediated by distinct, gene-specific mechanismsSarah A Benson
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6329. 2009..of TLR2 signaling in mediating this inhibition, we stimulated macrophages with the specific TLR2/1 ligand Pam(3)CSK(4) and assayed responses to IFN-gamma...
- Crosstalk between Toll like receptors and C5a receptor in human monocyte derived DCs suppress inflammatory cytokine productionAnouk Zaal
Department of Immunopathology, Sanquin Research and Landsteiner Laboratory, University of Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Immunobiology 218:175-80. 2013..of C5a inhibited production of IL-12, IL-23 and TNFα induced by various TLR ligands such as LPS, R848 and Pam(3)CSK(4)...
- Modulation of proximal signaling in normal and transformed B cells by transmembrane adapter Cbp/PAGMaria E Kalland
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo, Nordic EMBL Partnership, University of Oslo, P O Box 1125 Blindern, N 0317 Oslo, Norway
Exp Cell Res 318:1611-9. 2012The transmembrane protein Cbp/PAG (Csk binding protein/phospho-protein associated with glycosphingolipid-enriched microdomains) has a negative regulatory role in T cell activation as an adapter for C-terminal Src kinase, Csk...
- Lack of Csk-mediated negative regulation in a unicellular SRC kinaseKira P Schultheiss
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Biochemistry 51:8267-77. 2012..regulated in a reciprocal fashion by autophosphorylation in the activation loop (which increases activity) and by Csk-mediated phosphorylation of the C-terminal tail (which inhibits activity)...
- Development, characterization and application of a new fibroblastic-like cell line from kidney of a freshwater air breathing fish Channa striatus (Bloch, 1793)S Abdul Majeed
OIE Reference Laboratory for WTD, PG and Research Department of Zoology, C Abdul Hakeem College, Melvisharam 632509, Vellore District, Tamilnadu, India
Acta Trop 127:25-32. 2013A new cell line, Channa striatus kidney (CSK), derived from the kidney tissue of murrel, was established and characterized...
- PAG/Cbp suppression reveals a contribution of CTLA-4 to setting the activation threshold in T cellsMichal Smida
Institute of Molecular and Clinical Immunology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg, 39120, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 11:28. 2013PAG/Cbp represents a ubiquitous mechanism for regulating Src family kinases by recruiting Csk to the plasma membrane, thereby controlling cellular activation...
- Downregulation of ASPP2 in choriocarcinoma contributes to increased migratory potential through Src signaling pathway activationVictor C Y Mak
Department of Pathology and
Carcinogenesis 34:2170-7. 2013..this ASPP2-mediated inactivation of Src could be abolished by RNA interference with C-terminal Src kinase (Csk), a kinase that can inhibit Src activation...
- Small molecule inhibition of Csk alters affinity recognition by T cellsBoryana N Manz
Rosalind Russell and Ephraim P Engleman Rheumatology Research Center, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States
elife 4:. 2015The C-terminal Src kinase (Csk), the primary negative regulator of Src-family kinases (SFK), plays a crucial role in controlling basal and inducible receptor signaling...
- Novel Strategy for Lung Cancer Treatment Using IGF-1R InhibitorHo Young Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..with lung-specific overexpression of IGF-1R, with or without concomitant increase in Src or c-SRC tyrosine kinase (CSK) expression;2) investigate the mechanisms and cellular roles of NNK-induced activation of IGF-1R in NSCLC cells;and ..
- Mario Strazzabosco; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have also found that the expression and distribution of Csk and EBP-50, involved in Src regulation, were altered in Cftr-KO cholangiocytes...
- Renate B Pilz; Fiscal Year: 2014..of Shp-1/2, which de-phosphorylate Src Tyr529, and/or through inhibition or displacement of C- terminal Src kinase (CSK), which phosphorylates Tyr529...
- JEREMY CARLOS BURNS; Fiscal Year: 2014..p56lck Y505 is phosphorylated by C-Src tyrosine kinase ('Csk'), a kinase that inhibits T cell activation...
- Nunzio Bottini; Fiscal Year: 2016..the T cell receptor (TCR) involves the formation of a complex between LYP and the negative regulatory kinase Csk. We were the first to report the remarkable molecular features that may well explain the autoimmune-predisposing ..
- Integrin Mechanotransduction and caveolae-based signaling complexesVICTOR J RIZZO; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specifically, integrins associate with a caveolae-based phospho-caveolin/Src/Csk complex which governs RhoA activity and reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and inhibition of cell cycle in ..
- RECEPTOR AGGREGATION AND ITS EFFECTSBYRON B GOLDSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Building on this work we will extend the model, adding the kinases, Fyn,which associates with FcERI, and Csk, which regulates the activity of Lyn and Fyn, as well as Csk-binding protein, a Lyn substrate that regulates Csk...
- Regulatory roles of variable mechanical stimuli in cell functionBela Suki; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cells sense external mechanical forces via adhesion molecules and the cytoskeleton (CSK)...
- Negative regulation of platelet activityDEBRA KAY NEWMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..studies in our laboratory have also begun to characterize, in platelets, a pathway by which C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) is recruited to sites of SFK activity by Csk Binding Proteins (CBP), so that Csk may carry out its important role ..
- Signaling Mechanisms of G Protein-coupled ReceptorsXin Yun Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..that G protein Gas can directly stimulate the activity of Src-family tyrosine kinases, and that tyrosine kinase Csk plays a critical role in linking signals from G proteins and G protein-coupled receptors to actin cytoskeletal ..
- Negative regulation of TCR-associated PTKsROBERT RICKERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal focuses on the PEP PTPase and the Csk PTK, which form a complex that negatively regulates early TCR signaling events...
- INSERTIONAL MUTAGENESIS AND MOUSE DEVELOPMENTPhilippe Soriano; Fiscal Year: 1999..Src family kinases are negatively regulated by phosphorylation of a C- terminal tyrosine by two kinases, Csk and Ctk. Targeted disruption of Csk results in neural tube defects and embryonic lethality...
- Glycosynapses in cancer cell adhesion and signalingSen itiroh Hakomori; Fiscal Year: 2009..Glysyn 1 consists of GM3, growth factor receptor, CD9 or CD81, Src family kinase, and its physiological inhibitor Csk. Its function in transformed cells is associated with loss of growth control (contact inhibition), (ii) Glysyn 3 ..
- A Drosophila Model for Src-Mediated OncogenesisROSS LEIGH CAGAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..generated through activation of Src either directly or through reduced activity of its major negative regulator Csk. Data is presented supporting a novel model of metastasis in which local signals from neighboring epithelial cells ..
- Nataly Manjarrez-Orduno; Fiscal Year: 2014..The aim of this proposal is to understand how Csk controls antibody responses by its regulation of the B cell receptor (BCR) both during B cell maturation and ..
- OSTEOCLASTIC PHOSPHOTYROSYL PHOSPHATASE AND RESORPTIONKIN HING LAU; Fiscal Year: 2002..The phosphorylation is catalyzed by a cytosolic PTK, Csk, but the identity of the phosphotyrosine phosphatase (PTP) activity that mediates the dephosphorylation is unknown...
- Genes and Phenotype (GAP) studies of immunologic and inflammatory pathwaysPETER K contact GREGERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose that genetic polymorphisms in intracellular signaling molecules such as Blk, Csk, and PTPN22 influence early B cell development towards increased autoreactivity through lack of negative selection (..
- MITOGENIC SIGNALING BY ENDOTHELIN PEPTIDESMichael Simonson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Transfection with Csk (to block Src) and with v-Src or constitutively active Raf-1 to overcome the block, will also be used as additional ..
- Caveolae in Insulin SignalingCYNTHIA MASTICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..manner were identified: TNFalpha receptor associated factor 2 (TRAF2) and C-terminal Src kinase (Csk)...
- CHK, NOVEL SIGNALING MOLECULE, IN BREAST CANCERHava Avraham; Fiscal Year: 2002..CHK (Csk Homologous Kinase) is a cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase that phosphorylates and negatively regulates src kinase ..
- MECHANISM OF CSF 1 RECEPTOR GROWTH, SURVIVAL PROMOTIONAngel Lee; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Aim 1, the will utilize CSF-1R Src binding mutants and Csk-overexpressing cell lines to test the hypothesis that Src kinase mediate the alternate PI3K activation pathway...
- Intermediate filament control of neuronal mechanicsSanjay Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2005..First, to explore the contribution of NF phosphorylation to whole-cell mechanical properties, I will perturb the NF CSK pharmacologically, biochemically, and mechanically and measure changes in mechanical properties using traction ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF DRUG INHIBITORS OF SRCVictor Levin; Fiscal Year: 2000..The Third Program will test the inhibitors against Src and a panel of other kinases (Yes, Bcr-Abl, Her2/neu, Csk, FGF-R, PKA, Lck, hexokinase, and lactate dehydrogenase) to document specificity...
- Remodeling of the airway smooth muscle cellJeffrey Fredberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>CSK remodeling proceeds at a rate that varies dramatically;depending upon circumstances, in the same muscle it can be ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF THE E6AP UBIQUITIN PROTEIN LIGASEPeter Howley; Fiscal Year: 2007..kinase Blk, MCM7 subunit of replication licensing factor and, from our recent work, C -terminal Src kinase, Csk. We have found that HPV16 E6 promotes E6AP auto-ubiquitination resulting in its enhanced turnover...
- THE ROLE OF SPHINGOSINE KINASE IN MAST CELL SIGNALINGOKSOON CHOI; Fiscal Year: 2003..2) To determine the role of SK pathway in FceR1-mediated Ca2+ mobilization by overexpressing the cytosolic SK (cSK) or by inhibiting PLCg...
- Lymphoid Tyrosine Phosphatase and Type I DiabetesNunzio Bottini; Fiscal Year: 2007..tempers T lymphocyte activation involves the formation of a complex between LYP and the negative regulatory kinase Csk. We have found that the autoimmune- disposing LYP variant, LYP-W620, cannot bind to Csk and our new preliminary ..
- INTRACELLULAR PTPASES AND T CELL ACTIVATIONTomas Mustelin; Fiscal Year: 2001..At least six protein tyrosine kinases (PTKs) belonging to the Src, Syk, Csk and Tec families are known to be involved in the earliest events induced by these receptors...
- SH2 DOMAIN CONTAINING PTPASES SHP1 AND 2Tomas Mustelin; Fiscal Year: 1999..At least six PTKs belonging to the Src, Syk, Csk and Tec families are known to be involved in the earliest events induced by these receptors...
- Micromechanics of the airway smooth muscle cellJeffrey Fredberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..Both the myosin-based contractile apparatus and its cytoskeletal (CSK) scaffolding are dynamic structures that are in a continuous state of remodeling, but their dynamics are not well ..
- High Throughput Drug Screening in Drosophila for Novel Cancer TherapeuticsEduardo Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the second aim, Medros will use an existing Csk/Src platform to screen two focused drug libraries assembled by Tripos, an expert in drug libraries and screening...
- Role of Csk & the Csk-Binding Protein in B Cell FunctionAlexander Tarakhovsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..of a conserved tyrosine residue at their C-termini by the ubiquitously expressed C-terminal Src kinase (Csk)...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISM OF C-SRC REGULATION IN OSTEOCLASTSToshiyuki Yoneda; Fiscal Year: 2000..The major regulator of c-Src has recently been identified as c-Csk, a cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase which phosphorylates c-Src at Tyr 527 and renders c-Src inactive...
- MECHANICS OF THE AIRWAY SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLNing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2000..mechanical behavior, the goal of this application is to provide evidence that prestress in the actin cytoskeleton (CSK) is the primary determinant of a cell's resistance to shape change...
- Regulation of Nonreceptor Tyrosine Kinases through Csk.Joseph Adams; Fiscal Year: 2006..will be focused on understanding how Src family nonreceptor protein tyrosine kinases are regulated through Csk (the COOH terminal Src kinase)...
- CSK-HOMOLOGOUS KINASE IN BREAST CANCER SIGNALINGGINA MC SHAN; Fiscal Year: 2000The long-term objective of this proposal is to elucidate the role of Csk-homologous kinase (CHK) in the breast cancer-related ErbB-2 and Src signaling pathways...
- PLAKOGLOBIN ORTHOLOGUES AND THE CELLPamela Cowin; Fiscal Year: 2002..expression of beta-catenin produces tumors in mammary gland; (3) plakoglobin is glycosylated in the putative CSK-3beta phosphorylation site...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF HIV GAG PROTEINMARILYN RESH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Multicolor imaging with site-specific fluorescein derivatives (FLASH and ReAsH) will be used to determine the order in which Gag assembly sites are formed and maintained in the cell. ..
- Extracellular matrix regulation of myelinationHOLLY A COLOGNATO; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- GENETICS OF RNA TUMOR VIRUSESG Martin; Fiscal Year: 2002..A complementation screen will be carried out to detect genes that complement transformation-defective mutants of v-Src. ..
- Pseudomonas invasion and the role of caveolin-2David Zaas; Fiscal Year: 2008..A better understanding of these events is required for the eventual development of new adjunctive therapiesand possible prophylactic strategies for high risk patients. ..
- SIGNALING THROUGH THE CYTOSKELETAL PROTEIN, PAXILLINSheila Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Trichomonas Lipophosphoglycan in Regulation Immune ResponsesRaina Fichorova; Fiscal Year: 2008..vaginalis infections and complications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Serotonin N-acethyltransferase Regulation & InhibitionPhilip Cole; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is expected that these studies will lead to an increase in our understanding about the role of melatonin in health and disease and that newly designed inhibitors may serve as lead agents for the treatment of sleep and mood disorders. ..
- Regulation of Outside-In Integrin Signaling in PlateletsSANFORD SHATTIL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, this line of investigation may lead to identification of new anti-thrombotic drug targets and serve as a paradigm for integrin signaling in other blood cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Glial cell differentiation and glioma formationMARILYN RESH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The activity of the above proteins in human glioma tumor samples will be determined. ..
- The mechansensory Ca2+ channel in prostate tumor cellsOWEN HAMILL; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR NF-E2 IN ALPHA IIB BETA 3 SIGNALINGSANFORD SHATTIL; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Invasion of the alveolar epithelium by PseudomonasDavid Zaas; Fiscal Year: 2004..3) Examine the specific role of caveolin-I in the endocytosis of invasive strains of Pa. ..
- Pharmacology of 4F Cytochrome P450's (Supplement)ROY SOBERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Luciferase reporter constructs, DNase I footprinting, EMSA, and mutagenesis will identify promoter elements determining the expression of CYP4F3 in hematopoetic and liver cells. ..