Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CRX
Description: cone-rod homeobox
Alias: CORD2, CRD, LCA7, OTX3, cone-rod homeobox protein, orthodenticle homeobox 3
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Crx, a novel Otx-like paired-homeodomain protein, binds to and transactivates photoreceptor cell-specific genesS Chen
The Wilmer Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Neuron 19:1017-30. 1997..a bait containing the Ret 4 site from the bovine rhodopsin promoter, we have cloned a new member of the family, Crx (Cone rod homeobox)...
- Cone-rod dystrophy due to mutations in a novel photoreceptor-specific homeobox gene (CRX) essential for maintenance of the photoreceptorC L Freund
Department of Genetics, The Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell 91:543-53. 1997..homeodomain transcription factor gene (CRX) cause an autosomal dominant form of cone-rod dystrophy (adCRD) at the CORD2 locus on chromosome 19q13...
- Mutations in the cone-rod homeobox gene are associated with the cone-rod dystrophy photoreceptor degenerationP K Swain
Department of Ophthalmology, W K Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48105, USA
Neuron 19:1329-36. 1997b>Crx is a novel paired-like homeodomain protein that is expressed predominantly in retinal photoreceptors and pinealocytes. Its gene has been mapped to chromosome 19q13...
- De novo mutations in the CRX homeobox gene associated with Leber congenital amaurosisC L Freund
Nat Genet 18:311-2. 1998
- Leber congenital amaurosis caused by a homozygous mutation (R90W) in the homeodomain of the retinal transcription factor CRX: direct evidence for the involvement of CRX in the development of photoreceptor functionA Swaroop
Department of Ophthalmology, Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, W K Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 0714, USA
Hum Mol Genet 8:299-305. 1999The CRX (cone-rod homeobox) gene is specifically expressed in developing and mature photoreceptors and encodes an otd/Otx-like paired homeodomain protein...
- Temporal and spatial expression patterns of the CRX transcription factor and its downstream targets. Critical differences during human and mouse eye developmentL C Bibb
Section of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Hum Mol Genet 10:1571-9. 2001Cone--rod homeobox (CRX), a paired-like homeobox transcription factor, plays a major role in photoreceptor development and maintenance of the retina...
- Barrier to autointegration factor interacts with the cone-rod homeobox and represses its transactivation functionXuejiao Wang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 277:43288-300. 2002b>Crx (cone-rod homeobox) is a homeodomain transcription factor implicated in regulating the expression of photoreceptor and pineal genes...
- The photoreceptor-specific nuclear receptor Nr2e3 interacts with Crx and exerts opposing effects on the transcription of rod versus cone genesGuang Hua Peng
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:747-64. 2005..Using yeast two-hybrid screens with Nr2e3 as bait, the cone-rod homeobox protein Crx was identified as an interacting partner of Nr2e3...
- The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of cochlear implants for severe to profound deafness in children and adults: a systematic review and economic modelM Bond
Peninsula Technology Assessment Group PenTAG, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, UK
Health Technol Assess 13:1-330. 2009....
- Nucleic acid is a novel ligand for innate, immune pattern recognition collectins surfactant proteins A and D and mannose-binding lectinNades Palaniyar
MRC Immunochemistry Unit, Department of Biochemistry, The University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:32728-36. 2004..recombinant fragments of SP-D that are composed of the alpha-helical coiled-coil neck region and three CRDs (SP-D(n/CRD)) or SP-D(n/CRD) with eight GXY repeats (SPD(GXY)(8)(n/CRD))...
- Effects of azithromycin in combination with vancomycin, daptomycin, fosfomycin, tigecycline, and ceftriaxone on Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilmsElisabeth Presterl
Department of Medicine I, Division of Infectious Diseases, Medical University of Vienna, Allgemeines Krankenhaus, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3205-10. 2009..the effects of vancomycin (VAN), daptomycin (DAP), fosfomycin (FOS), tigecycline (TGC), and ceftriaxone (CRX), alone and in combination with azithromycin (AZI), on established biofilms of Staphylococcus epidermidis...
- Informative value of Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) in Health Technology Assessment (HTA)Christian Brettschneider
University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Department of Medical Sociology and Health Economics, Hamburg, Germany
GMS Health Technol Assess 7:Doc01. 2011..The search for HTA-reports and methodological papers of HTA-agencies was performed in the CRD-Databases (CRD = Centre for Reviews and Dissemination) and by handsearching the websites of INAHTA member agencies (..
- The early effects of dietary restriction on the pathogenesis of chronic renal disease in Sprague-Dawley rats at 12 monthsL A Gumprecht
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana 61801
Toxicol Pathol 21:528-37. 1993..study evaluated the effects of different diets and dietary regimens on the pathogenesis of chronic renal disease (CRD) in Sprague-Dawley rats at 52 wk and correlated these data with survival at 106 wk...
- The primary structure and carbohydrate specificity of a beta-galactosyl-binding lectin from toad (Bufo arenarum Hensel) ovary reveal closer similarities to the mammalian galectin-1 than to the galectin from the clawed frog Xenopus laevisH Ahmed
Center of Marine Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21202, USA
J Biol Chem 271:33083-94. 1996..exhibited the highest identity (48% for the whole molecule and 77% for the carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD)) with the bovine spleen galectin-1, but surprisingly less identity (38% for the whole molecule and 47% for the CRD)..
- The second glutamic acid in the C-terminal CRD affects the carbohydrate-binding properties of recombinant galectins of Haemonchus contortusJing Wang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, PR China
Vet Parasitol 148:247-55. 2007..The second E in the CRD, WGNEER, of Hco-GAL-m was mutated to glycine acid (G) and resulted in a recombinant galectin (MG mutate) with a CRD ..
- Galectin multimerization and lattice formation are regulated by linker region structureLesley A Earl
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Glycobiology 21:6-12. 2011..Prototype galectins, such as galectin-1, are one carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) monomers that noncovalently dimerize, whereas tandem-repeat galectins, such as galectin-9, have two non-identical ..
- Expression of Mycobacterium leprae 18-kDa antigen in yeast in a GPI-anchored formA G Amorim
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, , Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 27:623-6. 1994..In addition, these cells react with an alpha-CRD antibody after GPI-PLC treatment. The non-transformed cells are negative...
- Mutations in the inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase 1 gene (IMPDH1) cause the RP10 form of autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosaSara J Bowne
Human Genetics Center, School of Public Health, The University of Texas HSC, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Mol Genet 11:559-68. 2002..A screen of retinal transcripts comparing retinas from normal mice to retinas from crx-/crx- knockout mice (with poorly differentiated photoreceptors) demonstrated a 6-fold reduction in one candidate, ..
- Steroid biomarkers and genetic studies reveal inactivating mutations in hexose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in patients with cortisone reductase deficiencyGareth G Lavery
Division of Medical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3827-32. 2008Cortisone reductase deficiency (CRD) is characterized by a failure to regenerate cortisol from cortisone via 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11beta-HSD1), resulting in increased cortisol clearance, activation of the ..
- Delayed expression of the Crx gene and photoreceptor development in the Chx10-deficient retinaAdam D Rutherford
Developmental Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:375-84. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine how neuronal development is affected by absence of the Chx10 transcription factor in the mouse retina...
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of chylomicron retention disease based on a review of the literature and the experience of two centersNoel Peretti
Department of Nutrition, CHU Sainte Justine Research Center, Universite de Montreal, 3175, Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1C5, Canada
Orphanet J Rare Dis 5:24. 2010..Familial hypocholesterolemia, namely abetalipoproteinemia, hypobetalipoproteinemia and chylomicron retention disease (CRD), are rare genetic diseases that cause malnutrition, failure to thrive, growth failure and vitamin E deficiency, as ..
- Evidence that hydrogen sulfide exerts antinociceptive effects in the gastrointestinal tract by activating KATP channelsEleonora Distrutti
University of Perugia, Clinica di Gastroenterologia, Policlinico Monteluce, Via Enrico Dal Pozzo, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 316:325-35. 2006..rats (healthy and postcolitic), and rectal nociception was assessed by measuring the behavioral response during CRD. Healthy rats were administered with sodium hydrogen sulfide (NaHS) (as a source of H(2)S), L-cysteine, or vehicle...
- Genomic organization of zebrafish cone-rod homeobox gene and exclusion as a candidate gene for retinal degeneration in niezerka and mikre okoDeborah C Otteson
Guerrieri Center for Genetic Engineering and Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mol Vis 11:986-95. 2005To determine the genomic organization of the zebrafish crx gene and to evaluate if mutations in crx are responsible for the retinal degeneration phenotype in the zebrafish (Danio rerio) mutants niezerka (nie(m743)) and mikre oko (mok(..
- PmLT, a C-type lectin specific to hepatopancreas is involved in the innate defense of the shrimp Penaeus monodonTracy Hoi Tung Ma
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, PR China
J Invertebr Pathol 99:332-41. 2008..Unlike the other two P. monodon lectin-like proteins described to date that have one CRD, PmLT has two CRDs...
- A study of the hexose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase gene R453Q and 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 gene 83557insA polymorphisms in the polycystic ovary syndromeJose L San Millan
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Carretera de Colmenar Km 9 1, E 28034 Madrid, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4157-62. 2005..83557insA mutations in 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11betaHSD) type 1 gene (HSD11B1) interact, resulting in cortisone reductase deficiency (CRD), a rare disorder characterized by a polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)-like phenotype.
- Equine trypanosomosis in the Central River Division of The Gambia: a study of veterinary gate-clinic consultation recordsS Dhollander
International Trypanotolerance Centre, PMB 14 Banjul, The Gambia
Prev Vet Med 75:152-62. 2006..of this study was to provide epidemiological information of equine trypanosomosis in the Central River Division (CRD) of The Gambia...
- Colonic inflammation induces fos expression in the thoracolumbar spinal cord increasing activity in the spinoparabrachial pathwayRichard J Traub
Department of Oral and Craniofacial Biological Sciences, Dental School, University of Maryland, 666 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pain 95:93-102. 2002..In the rat, repetitive noxious colorectal distention (CRD) induces >200 Fos labeled cells per section in the lumbosacral segments, but few in the thoracolumbar segments, ..
- [Work capacity in patients on hemodialysis]Lidija Orlic
Klinika za internu medicinu Klinicki bolnicki centar Rijeka T Strizića 3 51000 Rijeka, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 58:67-71. 2004..During the progression of chronic renal disease (CRD) to terminal renal failure (TRF) physical activity of the patients becomes poorer...
- Efficacy and tolerability of intravenous continuous erythropoietin receptor activator: a 19-week, phase II, multicenter, randomized, open-label, dose-finding study with a 12-month extension phase in patients with chronic renal diseaseAnatole Besarab
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department o f Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Clin Ther 29:626-39. 2007A continuous erythropoietin receptor activator (C.E.R.A.) is currently in development for the treatment of anemia in patients with chronic renal disease (CRD) receiving or not receiving dialysis treatment.
- Clinical findings in early onset cone-rod dystrophy in the Standard Wire-haired DachshundErnst O Ropstad
Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway
Vet Ophthalmol 10:69-75. 2007To describe the clinical findings and the age of onset of cone-rod dystrophy (crd) in the Standard Wire-haired Dachshund (SWHD) and to evaluate which clinical tests could be used to obtain a reliable diagnosis.
- Mechanism of Ca2+ and monosaccharide binding to a C-type carbohydrate-recognition domain of the macrophage mannose receptorN P Mullin
Glycobiology Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 272:5668-81. 1997..has been used to identify residues that ligate Ca2+ and sugar to the fourth C-type carbohydrate-recognition domain (CRD) of the macrophage mannose receptor...
- CORD9 a new locus for arCRD: mapping to 8p11, estimation of frequency, evaluation of a candidate geneM Danciger
Jules Stein Eye Institute, Los Angeles, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:2458-65. 2001....
- Evaluating the efficacy of serum haptoglobin concentration as an indicator of respiratory-tract disease in dairy calvesC Svensson
Department of Animal Environment and Health, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, P O Box 234, SE 532 23 Skara, Sweden
Vet J 174:288-94. 2007..once at 24-56 days of age to evaluate the potential of S-Hp as an indicator of clinical respiratory-tract disease (CRD)...
- Update on Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies, anti-nuclear associated anti-neutrophil antibodies and antibodies to exocrine pancreas detected by indirect immunofluorescence as biomarkers in chronic inflammatory bowel diseases: results of a multicentS Desplat-Jego
Laboratoire d Immunologie, CHU de la Conception, 147, Bd Baille, Marseille 13005, France
World J Gastroenterol 13:2312-8. 2007..NANA) and antibodies to exocrine pancreas (PAB), are serological tools for discriminating Crohn's disease (CrD) and ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- Effect of dietary organic and inorganic micromineral source and level on sow body, liver, colostrum, mature milk, and progeny mineral compositions over six paritiesJ C Peters
The Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1095, Ohio, USA
J Anim Sci 88:626-37. 2010..from the sows were analyzed as a 2 x 3 x 4 factorial arrangement of treatments in a completely randomized design (CRD) with 3 replicates per treatment...
- Mutations in the genes encoding 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and hexose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase interact to cause cortisone reductase deficiencyNicole Draper
Division of Medical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
Nat Genet 34:434-9. 2003In cortisone reductase deficiency (CRD), activation of cortisone to cortisol does not occur, resulting in adrenocorticotropin-mediated androgen excess and a phenotype resembling polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS; refs. 1,2)...
- [The role of norepinephrine in down-regulation of visceral sensitivity in rats deprived of rapid eye movement sleep]Tong Ling
Department of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 47:133-6. 2008..To investigate the role of norepinephrine in the down-regulated visceral sensitivity of rats deprived of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep...
- Simultaneous measurement of optical scattering and extinction on dispersed aerosol samplesKathy D Dial
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, MS1061, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 79409, USA
Anal Chem 82:7885-96. 2010..Extinction is measured with the well-established cavity ring-down (CRD) technique, and the scattering coefficient is determined through collection of light scattered from the CRD beam...
- Autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa and cone-rod dystrophy caused by splice site mutations in the Stargardt's disease gene ABCRF P Cremers
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 7:355-62. 1998..in a consanguineous family with individuals showing either retinitis pigmentosa (RP) or cone-rod dystrophy (CRD)...
- Molecular cloning of rat sperm galactosyl receptor, a C-type lectin with in vitro egg binding activityE Rivkin
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomical Sciences, The City University of New York Medical School, New York, New York
Mol Reprod Dev 56:401-11. 2000..Binding is mediated by a Ca(2+)-dependent carbohydrate-recognition domain (CRD) identical to that of the minor variant of rat hepatic lectin receptor 2/3 (RHL-2/3)...
- New laboratory methods to study tooth surface coverage and interproximal plaque control by dentifrice productsTao Xu
Colgate Palmolive Technology Center, Piscataway, NJ, USA
J Clin Dent 15:123-7. 2004..The application of the model should offer visual evaluation of dentifrice coverage of the tooth surface, and measure dental plaque control at posterior interdental spaces with a dentifrice...
- A novel C-type lectin from bay scallop Argopecten irradians (AiCTL-7) agglutinating fungi with mannose specificityPengfei Kong
Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao 266071, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 30:836-44. 2011..open reading frame which encoded a signal peptide of 15 residues and a conserved carbohydrate-recognition domain (CRD) of 174 residues with the EPD and WSD motifs instead of the invariant EPN and WND motifs for determining the ..
- Selective binding of the scavenger receptor C-type lectin to Lewisx trisaccharide and related glycan ligandsPeter J Coombs
Glycobiology Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, UK
J Biol Chem 280:22993-9. 2005..A scavenger receptors for modified low density lipoproteins but contains a C-type carbohydrate-recognition domain (CRD)...
- Regulation of photoreceptor gene expression by Crx-associated transcription factor networkAnne K Hennig
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Brain Res 1192:114-33. 2008..This regulation is mediated by a network of photoreceptor transcription factors centered on Crx, an Otx-like homeodomain transcription factor...
- Chylomicron retention disease: a long term study of two cohortsNoel Peretti
Department of Nutrition, CHU Sainte Justine, Universite de Montreal, GI Nutrition Unit, 3175 Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Que, Canada
Mol Genet Metab 97:136-42. 2009..secretion, mutations of the Sar1B gene coding for Sar1 GTPase are associated with chylomicron retention disease (CRD)...
- Protective role of mouse MBL-C on intestinal mucosa during Shigella flexneri invasionDa Ming Zuo
Department of Immunology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
Int Immunol 21:1125-34. 2009..The carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) genes of mouse MBL-C (mMBL-C) were cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Recombinant chimeric lectins consisting of mannose-binding lectin and L-ficolin are potent inhibitors of influenza A virus compared with mannose-binding lectinWei Chuan Chang
Program of Developmental Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 81:388-95. 2011MBL structurally contains a type II-like collagenous domain and a carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD)...
- Psychological stress and the severity of post-inflammatory visceral hyperalgesiaTobias Liebregts
Royal Adelaide Hospital, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and General Medicine, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Eur J Pain 11:216-22. 2007..Stress and inflammation contribute to this altered visceral sensory function. We aimed to elucidate the role of repetitive stress and acute mucosal inflammation, alone and in combination, on sensory function...
- Overcoming macrocyclic lactone resistance in Haemonchus contortus with pulse dosing of levamisoleKerri L Tyrrell
CSIRO, Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, Queensland, Australia
Vet Parasitol 168:278-83. 2010The in vivo effect of dosing levamisole as a pulse release within an ivermectin (IVM) controlled-release device (CRD) was simulated by periodic dosing of levamisole to Haemonchus contortus-infected sheep already treated with an IVM CRD...
- Molecular cloning of a C-type lectin with two CRD domains from the banana shrimp Fenneropenaeus merguiensis: early gene up-regulation after Vibrio harveyi infectionOnnicha Rattanaporn
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkla, Thailand
J Invertebr Pathol 106:196-204. 2011..The first CRD comprises a QPD motif with specificity for binding galactose and a single Ca(2+) binding site, while the second CRD ..
- FIZ1 is part of the regulatory protein complex on active photoreceptor-specific gene promoters in vivoRaghuveer S Mali
Eye Research Institute, Oakland University, Rochester, MI, USA
BMC Mol Biol 9:87. 2008..FIZ1 in the retina increases during photoreceptor terminal maturation, when two key transcription factors NRL and CRX (Cone-Rod Homeobox) become detectable on the promoters of photoreceptor-specific genes (i.e. Rhodopsin, Pde6b)...
- First molluscan TNFR homologue in Zhikong scallop: molecular characterization and expression analysisLing Li
The Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 7 Nanhai Rd, Qingdao 266071, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 27:625-32. 2009..necrosis factor receptors (TNFRs) are a superfamily of proteins characterized by the unique cysteine-rich domain (CRD) and their important roles in diverse physiological and pathological events such as inflammation, apoptosis, ..
- Naturally-occurring chronic renal disease in Australian cats: a prospective study of 184 casesJ D White
Faculty of Veterinary Science, The University of Sydney, Australia
Aust Vet J 84:188-94. 2006To describe cases of naturally occurring feline chronic renal disease (CRD) in a defined population of Sydney.
- FIZ1 is expressed during photoreceptor maturation, and synergizes with NRL and CRX at rod-specific promoters in vitroRaghuveer S Mali
Eye Research Institute, Oakland University, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:349-60. 2007..Functional implications of FIZ1/NRL interaction, on NRL- and CRX-mediated activation of the Rhodopsin (Rho) and cGMP-phosphodiesterase beta-subunit gene (PDE6B) promoters, were ..
- Inhibition of HIV-1 transmission in trans from dendritic cells to CD4+ T lymphocytes by natural antibodies to the CRD domain of DC-SIGN purified from breast milk and intravenous immunoglobulinsMary Requena
Unité INSERM U743, Equipe Immunité et Biothérapie Muqueuse, Centre de Recherches Biomedicales des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Immunology 123:508-18. 2008..functional natural immunoglobulin A (IgA) and IgG antibodies directed against the carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) domain of the dendritic cell-specific intercellular adhesion molecule-3-grabbing non-integrin (DC-SIGN) molecule, ..
- A three base pair deletion encoding the amino acid (lysine-270) in the alpha-cone transducin geneAna Luisa Pina
McGill Ocular Genetics Laboratory, Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Mol Vis 10:265-71. 2004..In this study we tested the hypothesis that mutations in GNAT2 cause cone-rod degeneration (CRD).
- Conserved transcriptional activators of the Xenopus rhodopsin geneS Leigh Whitaker
Departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Ophthalmology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Biol Chem 279:49010-8. 2004..identify and characterize two transcriptional activators of the Xenopus rhodopsin gene: homologs of the mammalian Crx and Nrl transcription factors, XOtx5 and XL-Nrl (originally named XL-maf), respectively...
- Role of corticotropin-releasing factor pathways in stress-related alterations of colonic motor function and viscerosensibility in female rodentsYVETTE TACHE
Center for Neurovisceral Sciences and Women s Health, and CURE Digestive Diseases Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Gend Med 2:146-54. 2005..In rodents, colorectal distention (CRD) induces abdominal contractions, and this visceromotor response is used to assess visceral pain...
- Association of the Asn306Ser variant of the SP4 transcription factor and an intronic variant in the beta-subunit of transducin with digenic diseaseYong Qing Gao
Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Mol Vis 13:287-92. 2007..other transcription factors such as SP1, neural retina leucine zipper protein (NRL), and cone-rod homeobox gene (CRX)...
- Corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor 1 antagonist blocks colonic hypersensitivity induced by a combination of inflammation and repetitive colorectal distensionK Saito-Nakaya
Department of Behavioral Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Neurogastroenterol Motil 20:1147-56. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that a combination of previous inflammation and repetitive colorectal distention (CRD) makes the colon hypersensitive and that treatment with a corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor 1 (CRH-R1) ..
- The GABA(B) receptor agonist, baclofen, and the positive allosteric modulator, CGP7930, inhibit visceral pain-related responses to colorectal distension in ratsMikael Brusberg
AstraZeneca R and D, Molndal, Sweden
Neuropharmacology 56:362-7. 2009..Female Sprague-Dawley rats were subjected to repeated, noxious colorectal distension (CRD) (12 distensions at 80 mmHg, for 30 s with 5 min intervals)...
- The impact of a single 24 h working day on cognitive and psychomotor performance in staff anaesthesiologistsNenad Karanovic
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Split, Croatia
Eur J Anaesthesiol 26:825-32. 2009..The aim of this study was to explore the impact of a single in-hospital 24 h shift on the cognitive and psychomotor performance of anaesthesiologists in a surgical emergency department...
- The effectiveness and active ingredients of mutual support groups for family caregivers of people with psychotic disorders: a literature reviewWai Tong Chien
The School of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnics, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Nurs Stud 46:1604-23. 2009..To explore the literature through a systematic search to assess the effectiveness of mutual support groups for family caregivers of people with schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders...
- Component-resolved diagnosis from latex allergy by microarrayD G Ebo
Department of Immunology Allergology Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Clin Exp Allergy 40:348-58. 2010..A positive specific IgE (sIgE) result for latex does not always mirror the clinical situation and is frequently found in individuals without overt latex allergy...
- Reanalysis of systematic reviews: the case of invasive strategies for acute coronary syndromesPekka Kuukasjärvi
Finnish Office for Health Technology Assessment Finohta, Helsinki
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 22:484-96. 2006....
- Specificity of lung surfactant protein SP-A for both the carbohydrate and the lipid moieties of certain neutral glycolipidsR A Childs
Glycoconjugates Section, Medical Research Council, Clinical Research Center, Harrow, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 267:9972-9. 1992..A recombinant carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) of human SP-A inhibits the binding of human SP-A to galactosyl ceramide and to galactose- and mannose-bovine serum ..
- Identification of a photoreceptor cell-specific nuclear receptorM Kobayashi
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4814-9. 1999..cell lines, PNR expression was observed in Y79 retinoblastoma along with other photoreceptor marker genes such as CRX. Among vertebrate receptors, PNR shares structural kinship with an orphan receptor TLX, and despite distinct ..
- Localization of retina/pineal-expressed sequences: identification of novel candidate genes for inherited retinal disordersM M Sohocki
School of Public Health, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77225 0334, USA
Genomics 58:29-33. 1999..Examples include mutations in arrestin, rhodopsin kinase, and the cone-rod homeobox gene, CRX. To identify additional candidate genes for inherited retinal disorders, novel retina/pineal-expressed EST clusters ..
- Visual phenotype in patients with Arg41Gln and ala196+1bp mutations in the CRX geneR T Tzekov
Retina Foundation of the Southwest, Dallas, Texas, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 21:89-99. 2000..The Ala196+1bp mutation was associated with an early-onset, severe form of cone-rod dystrophy similar to that described in the original CORD2 family (Evans et al., Arch Ophthalmol 1995;113:195-201).
- Endogenous glycosylphosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C releases renal dipeptidase from kidney proximal tubules in vitroS W Park
College of Pharmacy, Chonnam National University, Kwangju 500 757, Korea
Biochem J 353:339-44. 2001..Immunoblot analyses using an antibody against the cross-reacting determinant (CRD) inositol 1,2-cyclic monophosphate, the epitope formed by phospholipase C (PLC) cleavage of the GPI anchor on a ..
- Cell cycle regulation by galectin-12, a new member of the galectin superfamilyR Y Yang
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 276:20252-60. 2001..and characterization of a new galectin, galectin-12, which contains two domains that are homologous to the galectin CRD. The N-terminal domain contains all of the sequence elements predicted to form the two beta-sheets found in other ..
- BAFF/BLyS receptor 3 comprises a minimal TNF receptor-like module that encodes a highly focused ligand-binding siteNathaniel C Gordon
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, One DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Biochemistry 42:5977-83. 2003..However, the extracellular domain (ECD) of BR3 consists of only a partial CRD, with cysteine spacing distinct from other modules described previously...
- Domains, amino acid residues, and new isoforms of Caenorhabditis elegans diacylglycerol kinase 1 (DGK-1) important for terminating diacylglycerol signaling in vivoAntony M Jose
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 280:2730-6. 2005..All nine amino acid substitutions are in the second CRD, the third CRD, or the kinase domain...
- Association of TGF-beta1 polymorphisms with chronic renal diseaseElisabeth Coll
Nephrology Service, Hospital Clinic, Faculty of Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Nephrol 17:794-9. 2004..This study aimed to evaluate the association of TGF-beta1 polymorphisms with chronic renal disease (CRD), and its progression to dialysis in a retrospective longitudinal study of an end-stage renal disease (ESRD) cohort.
- Evolutionarily conserved and divergent regulatory sequences in the fish rod opsin promoterShoji Kawamura
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8652, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 141:391-9. 2005..conserved OTX (GATTA) and OTX-like (TATTA) sequences that can be recognized by the mammalian cone-rod homeobox (CRX) protein. However, binding of zebrafish crx to the OTX sequence has remained elusive...
- Dual role of 5-HT3 receptors in a rat model of delayed stress-induced visceral hyperalgesiaSylvie Bradesi
Center for Neurovisceral Sciences and Women s Health, Department of Medicine, VAGLAHS CURE Building 115, Room 223, 11301 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Pain 130:56-65. 2007..Adult male Wistar rats were equipped for recording of visceromotor response (VMR) to phasic colorectal distension (CRD; 10-60 mmHg). VMR to CRD was recorded 24 h after an acute session of water avoidance (WA) stress (post-WA)...
- Electronic structures and chemical bonding in diatomic ScX to ZnX (X = S, Se, Te)Z J Wu
Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Chemistry and Physics, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, People s Republic of China
J Comput Chem 28:703-14. 2007..For neutral and cationic molecules, the covalent character increases from ScX to CrX and from FeX to CuX with an exception of decrease at MnX and ZnX, while for anionic molecules, the trend is not ..
- Retinopathy mutations in the bZIP protein NRL alter phosphorylation and transcriptional activityAtsuhiro Kanda
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, W K Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Hum Mutat 28:589-98. 2007..NRL interacts with CRX, NR2E3, and other transcription factors and synergistically regulates the activity of photoreceptor-specific genes...
- The cis-regulatory logic of the mammalian photoreceptor transcriptional networkTimothy H C Hsiau
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e643. 2007..and computational analysis of the network controlled by the mammalian photoreceptor transcription factors, Crx, Nrl, and Nr2e3...
- Visceral hyperalgesia induced by neonatal maternal separation is associated with nerve growth factor-mediated central neuronal plasticity in rat spinal cordE K Y Chung
School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Neuroscience 149:685-95. 2007..The expression of NGF and TrkA was examined in NH and NMS rats with or without colorectal distention (CRD) as determined by Western blot analysis and immunohistochemistry...
- Corticotropin-releasing factor type 1 receptors mediate the visceral hyperalgesia induced by repeated psychological stress in ratsMuriel Larauche
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G1033-40. 2008..avoidance stress (WAS) or sham stress for 1 h/day, and the visceromotor response to phasic colorectal distension (CRD) was assessed before and after the stress period...
- A proposed approach for the selection of the proper surgical therapy to obtain an adequate margin of resection in locally advanced ultra-low rectal cancer after modern preoperative CRX managementIgnacio Echenique
Auxilio Mutuo Hospital, Rio Piedras, PR 00918
Bol Asoc Med P R 101:53-5. 2009..guidelines for clinicians regarding the use of close margins for sphincter saving surgery following chemoradiation (CRX)...
- Some physiological measurements on growth, pod yields and polyamines in leaves of chili plants (Capsicum annuum cv. Hua Reua) in relation to applied organic manures and chemical fertilisersJ Rapatsa
Department of Plant Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural Technology, Maha Sarakham Rajabhat University, Mahasarakham 48000, Thailand
Pak J Biol Sci 13:263-70. 2010..A Completely Randomized Design (CRD) with four replications was used. Six treatments were allocated into two experimental fields, i.e...
- Absent, unrecognized, and minimal myotonic discharges in myotonic dystrophy type 2Nathan P Young
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Muscle Nerve 41:758-62. 2010..all muscles, and misinterpretation of MDs as slow fibrillation potentials (n = 1) and complex repetitive discharge (CRD) activity (n = 1)...
- Identification, molecular characterization and expression analysis of a mucosal C-type lectin in the eastern oyster, Crassostrea virginicaXing Jing
School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Fish Shellfish Immunol 30:851-8. 2011..CvML presents a signal peptide and a single carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) which contains a YPD motif and two putative conserved sites, WID and DCM, for calcium binding...
- Cr3+ in layered perovskites: do the electron paramagnetic resonance parameters only depend on the impurity-ligand distances?J M García-Lastra
Nano Bio Spectroscopy Group and European Theoretical Spectroscopy Facility ETSF, Departamento Fisica de Materiales UPV EHU, Apartado 1072, 20018 San Sebastian, Spain
J Phys Condens Matter 22:155502. 2010..In contrast, when the active electrons localized in the CrX(6)(3-) complex (X = F, Cl) are allowed to feel the anisotropic electric field coming from the rest of the lattice ..
- Effects of a short-term carbohydrate-restricted diet on strength and power performanceJason C Sawyer
Physical Education and Human Performance Department, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, Connecticut, USA
J Strength Cond Res 27:2255-62. 2013..of the study was to examine the effects of switching from a habitual diet to a carbohydrate-restricted diet (CRD) on strength and power performance in trained men (n = 16) and women (n = 15)...
- The conserved transmembrane RING finger protein PLR-1 downregulates Wnt signaling by reducing Frizzled, Ror and Ryk cell-surface levels in C. elegansLaura L Moffat
Molecular Neurobiology Program, Department of Pharmacology, Skirball Institute, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 141:617-28. 2014..The Frizzled cysteine-rich domain (CRD) and invariant second intracellular loop lysine are crucial for PLR-1 downregulation...
- Diagnosis and classification of ulcerative colitisKarsten Conrad
Institute of Immunology, Medical Faculty of the Technical University of Dresden, Germany Electronic address
Autoimmun Rev 13:463-6. 2014..In contrast to Crohn's disease (CrD), UC is restricted to the colon and the inflammation is limited to the mucosal layer...
- Extracellular modulators of Wnt signallingTomas Malinauskas
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, W M Keck Structural Biology Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Curr Opin Struct Biol 29:77-84. 2014..Structures include Wnt in complex with the cysteine-rich domain (CRD) of Frizzled, extracellular fragments of Wnt co-receptor LRP6, LRP6-binding antagonists Dickkopf and Sclerostin, ..
- Chronically Alternating Light Cycles Increase Breast Cancer Risk in MiceKirsten C G Van Dycke
Centre for Health Protection, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven 3720 BA, The Netherlands Department of Genetics, Center for Biomedical Genetics, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam 3000 CA, The Netherlands
Curr Biol 25:1932-7. 2015..studies in shift workers and flight attendants have associated chronic circadian rhythm disturbance (CRD) with increased breast cancer risk, causal evidence for this association is lacking...
- In vivo characterization of colorectal and cutaneous inputs to lumbosacral dorsal horn neurons in the mouse spinal cordK E Farrell
School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, 2308, Australia Hunter Medical Research Institute HMRI, Rankin Park, NSW, 2287, Australia
Neuroscience 316:13-25. 2016..Noxious colorectal distension (CRD) was used to determine whether SDH neurons received inputs from mechanical stimulation/distension of the colon...
- Structural characterisation of human galectin-4 N-terminal carbohydrate recognition domain in complex with glycerol, lactose, 3'-sulfo-lactose, and 2'-fucosyllactoseKhuchtumur Bum-Erdene
Institute for Glycomics, Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus, Queensland 4222, Australia
Sci Rep 6:20289. 2016Galectin-4 is a tandem-repeat galectin with two distinct carbohydrate recognition domains (CRD)...
- Chylomicron retention disease: A rare cause of chronic diarrheaS Ben Ameur
Hedi Chaker Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, 3029 Sfax, Tunisia Faculty of Medicine, Sfax, Tunisia Electronic address
Arch Pediatr 23:735-7. 2016Chylomicron retention disease (CRD) is a rare autosomal recessive hereditary hypocholesterolemic disorder...
- A cysteine-rich form of Xenopus neuregulin induces the expression of acetylcholine receptors in cultured myotubesJ F Yang
Department of Biology and Biotechnology Research Institute, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay Road, Hong Kong, China
Mol Cell Neurosci 13:415-29. 1999..at the N-terminus; it could be an immunoglobulin (Ig)-like domain named Ig-NRG-1 or an apolar cysteine-rich domain (CRD) named CRD-NRG-1...
- Enhanced anti-influenza activity of a surfactant protein D and serum conglutinin fusion proteinK L Hartshorn
Departments of Medicine and Pathology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 278:L90-8. 2000..domain of rat pulmonary surfactant protein D (rSP-D) fused to the neck region and carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) of conglutinin (termed SP-D/Cong(neck+CRD)) have markedly greater ability to inhibit infectivity of IAV than wild-..
- Collectins and collectin receptors in innate immunityU L Holmskov
Institute of Medical Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
APMIS Suppl 100:1-59. 2000..amino-acid residues, including an N-terminal region of 28 residues, a collagen region of 114 residues and a neck-CRD region of 159 residues...
- Update on the molecular genetics of retinitis pigmentosaQ Wang
Center for Molecular Genetics, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 22:133-54. 2001..1-cen, RP1 on 8p11-21, RGR on 10q23, ROM1 on 11q13, NRL on 14q11.1-11.2, CRX on 19q13.3, and PRKCG on 19q13.4...
- Identification of a Ras palmitoyltransferase in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeSandra Lobo
Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
J Biol Chem 277:41268-73. 2002..localized to the membrane of the endoplasmic reticulum and contains a conserved DHHC cysteine-rich domain (DHHC-CRD). Erf2p co-purifies with Erf4p (26 kDa) when it is expressed in yeast or in Escherichia coli...
- The human growth hormone gene contains a silencer embedded within an Alu repeat in the 3'-flanking regionMiguel A Trujillo
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Mayo Foundation Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:2559-75. 2006..that the silencer was a complex element comprising four discrete entities, including a core repressor domain (CRD), an antisilencer domain (ASE) that contains elements mediating the orientation-independent silencer activity, and ..
- Activation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase is associated with colorectal distension-induced spinal and supraspinal neuronal response and neonatal maternal separation-induced visceral hyperalgesia in ratsX J Zhang
School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong, China
J Mol Neurosci 37:274-87. 2009..The present study aims to investigate whether ERK associates with the colorectal distension (CRD)-evoked neuronal response and the upregulated central sensitivity to CRD in NMS rats...
- David J Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2014..and other oncogenes, MDR1 (multidrug resistance protein 1) and NF-?B by targeting the mRNA binding protein IMP-1/CRD-BP/IGF2BP1...
- Alpha2-adrenoceptors modulate TRPV4 and reduce inflammation-induced visceral painMARTIN R WATTS; Fiscal Year: 2013..VH will be assessed in treated and control rats by measuring visceromotor reflexes (VMR) to colorectal distension (CRD) using electromyographic recording...
- Coordination of Gene Expression in Retinal DevelopmentKENNETH MITTON; Fiscal Year: 2009..Several transcription factors (NRL. NR2E3. CRX) are shown to be activators of rhodopsin expression...
- KEVIN ROBERT VINCENT; Fiscal Year: 2014..and physical function: eccentrically-focused exercise (ERX) and traditional concentrically-focused exercise (CRX)...
- TLR4 Inhibition to Reduce Cerebral Ischemia Reperfusion InjuryLORI ANN HOLLE; Fiscal Year: 2011..Thus, we are proposing to test CRX-526, a potent TLR4 inhibitor, for efficacy to prevent and/or reduce cerebral IRI...
- RANDO L ALLIKMETS; Fiscal Year: 2014..of retinal degeneration phenotypes, such as autosomal recessive Stargardt disease (STGD), cone-rod dystrophy (CRD) and retinitis pigmentosa (RP)...
- QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS AND ENGINEERING OF THE PHOTORECEPTOR TRANSCRIPTION NETWORKJoseph C Corbo; Fiscal Year: 2012..a comprehensive model of the photoreceptor transcriptional network controlled by the transcription factors (TFs), Crx and Nrl...
- RANDO L ALLIKMETS; Fiscal Year: 2015..ABCA4 gene are responsible for a wide variety of disorders, such as Stargardt disease (STGD), cone-rod dystrophy (CRD), retinitis pigmentosa (RP)...
- Cell type-specific roles of Rb in retinal differentiationMichael A Dyer; Fiscal Year: 2012..regulates rod photoreceptor differentiation through rE2Fs and histone modification to activate the Nrl, Nr2e3 and Crx promoters. This is the first example of such complex regulation of neurogenesis by a tumor suppressor...
- The effect of TLR4 inhibition on lung transplant ischemia-reperfusion injuryPERRY ARTHUR GENOVA; Fiscal Year: 2010..The purpose of the Phase I STTR is to determine if CRX-526, a TLR4 inhibitor that we showed prevents edema due to IRI, can ameliorate lung IRI...
- Mark A Lemmon; Fiscal Year: 2016..Ryks contain a Wnt Inhibitory Factor-1 (WIF) domain, and Rors contain an extracellular cysteine-rich domain (CRD) that resembles the Wnt-binding CRDs in the Frizzled receptors...
- JOHN ANANDA VAN AALST; Fiscal Year: 2015..and the candidate's interest in translational stem cell therapies, the possibility of using umbilical crd (UC) mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) for novel therapeutics drew increased interest...
- PATHOGENESIS OF ACANTHAMOEBA KERATITISNoorjahan Panjwani; Fiscal Year: 2013..hypothesize that the presence of antibodies in tear fluid specifically against the carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) of MBP should be protective...
- Tiffany M Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2014..that only 50% of ipRGCs arise from the Math5 lineage and that non- Math5 ipRGCs express the transcription factor Crx, a transcription factor critical for development of the classical photoreceptors...
- Angela Haczku; Fiscal Year: 2014..By studying the effects of a recombinant mutant SP-D containing the carbohydrate recognition (CRD), but not the collagen domain, and blocking antibodies against the negative Signal-Regulatory Protein (SIRP) on ..
- NEUROCHEMICAL MECHANISMS OF VISCERAL PAINRichard J Traub; Fiscal Year: 2013..and ER[unreadable]) in the spinal cord differentially modulate the visceromotor response to colorectal distention (CRD)...
- Agonist & Antagonist Activity and Binding on the TMD of hT1R3Marianna Max; Fiscal Year: 2010..least 4 binding regions of the sweet receptor: the venus fly trap module (VFTM) of hT1R2, the cysteine-rich domain (CRD) of hT1R3 and the transmembrane domain (TMD) of hT1R3...
- MULTIPLEX CIS-REGULATORY ANALYSIS IN MAMMALIAN CELLSJoseph C Corbo; Fiscal Year: 2012..assay to test 1,000 Chip-seq "peaks" that are enriched for binding to the key photoreceptor transcription factor, Crx. In a single, multiplexed experiment we will test all 1,000 genomic sequences for their ability to drive ..
- Comparative Resistance Exercise Effects on Knee Osteoarthritis Pain, Functional IKEVIN ROBERT VINCENT; Fiscal Year: 2012..leg function at a lower cardiovascular and metabolic cost compared to concentrically focused resistance exercise (CRX)...
- Vladimir S Spiegelman; Fiscal Year: 2016..by applicant): The goal of studies proposed here is to understand the role of the role of RNA-binding protein, CRD-BP, in melanocyte biology...
- Smoked Marijuana Discrimination and Marijuana Choice in Humans: A Laboratory ModeLeslie H Lundahl; Fiscal Year: 2010..Drug choice procedures offer another valid approach for testing CRD medications...
- Shiming Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016..This regulatory network is centered on the cone-rod homeobox protein CRX and incorporates both photoreceptor-specific transcription factors (TFs) and general chromatin modulators...
- TERESA BORRAS; Fiscal Year: 2016..during a steroid on/off switch, routes of administration and determination of the clinical relevant dose (CRD)...
- EXPRESSION OF NEURONAL NICOTINIC ACETYLCHOLINE RECEPTORSLorna Role; Fiscal Year: 2009..signal that regulates the expression and distribution of neuronal nAChRs -- a neuregulin 1 splice-isoform, called CRD-Nrg1...
- The sweet protein brazzein and its interaction with the human taste receptorFariba M Assadi-Porter; Fiscal Year: 2012..studies of the sweet receptor indicate that brazzein interacts with specific residues in the cysteine-rich domain (CRD) of the T1R3 subunit...
- Fluoxetine for MDD/Cannabis Disorder in Young PeopleJack Cornelius; Fiscal Year: 2009..in the treatment of adolescents with comorbid major depressive disorder and a cannabis related disorder (MDD/CRD)...
- James Ashe; Fiscal Year: 2016..expectation that it will be a realistic and practical treatment option for patients with limb amputation or spinal crd injury...
- ADHERENCE BLOCKING VACCINE FOR AMEBIASISWilliam Petri; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Project 2, recombinant CRD containing peptides will be expressed in edible plants...
- MURINE CRD: A MODEL OF CHRONIC PULMONARY IMFLAMMATIONGail Cassell; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Metabolism of Endothelial Dysfunction in Renal DiseaseLeticia Castillo; Fiscal Year: 2006..The aims are: (1) to assess NO bioavailability in CRD and ESRD patients and in healthy controls in relation to: (l...
- PULMONARY SURFACTANT DYNAMICS AND SURFACTANT PROTEIN ADENNIS VOELKER; Fiscal Year: 2000..formation, 2) a collagen domain, 3) an alpha helical forming neck region, and 4) a carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD)...
- Genetic variability of E. histolytica in TurkeyWilliam Petri; Fiscal Year: 2004..Genetic diversity will be determined by 1) nested PCR amplification and sequencing of the CRD region of the lectin gene, 2) nested PCR -SREHP gene and 3) DNA microarray analysis...
- Role of an RNA-Binding Protein in Mammary CarcinogenesisJeffrey Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..We call it the c-myc Coding Region instability Determinant-binding Protein or CRD-BP. because it binds to an instability determinant in the c-myc mRNA coding region...
- Modeling Sweet Protein-Receptor InteractionsMeng Cui; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Venus Flytrap Module (VFTM) and Cysteine Rich Domain (CRD) can be modeled based on the crystal structures of metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs)...
- The Role of the TM of T1R2 in Sweet Receptor ActivationMarianna Max; Fiscal Year: 2009..sweeteners, natural sugars and dipeptide sweeteners), the VFTM of hT1R3 (natural sugars), the cysteine-rich domain (CRD) of hT1R3 (brazzein) and the transmembrane domain (TMD) of hT1R3 (cyclamate and NHDC)...
- HIGH GLYCEMIC DIET AND RISK OF NIDDM AND CHDSimin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2002..adapted from the application) This is a resubmission of DK02767 "High glycemic diet and risk of type 2 DM and CRD, " a K08 program for advanced training and research leading to a career as an independent clinical scientist in ..
- Bone Marrow-Derived Stem Cell Transplantation to RetinaSTEVEN MCLOON; Fiscal Year: 2005..and taurine, and/or transfecting the cells with a gene for the photoreceptor cell specific transcription factor, Crx. Second, co-culture treated bone marrow-derived stem cells with embryonic retina or transplant the cells to the ..
- AIR POLLUTANTS AND CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASEGail Thomas; Fiscal Year: 1980The objective of this program is to establish chronic respiratory disease (CRD) in mice using a strain of Mycoplasma pulmonis and to determine the effects of exposure to ozone (O3) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) on the disease...
- Novel phospholipases C in trypanosomatidsSilvia Moreno; Fiscal Year: 2009..in vitro, the shedding of Ssp-4 without its lipid anchor (as demonstrated by its cross-reactive determinant (CRD) reactivity), and the increase in cellular ceramide when maximal surface expression of TcPI-PLC takes place...
- MECHANISMS OF NEUROTROPHIN RECEPTOR CROSSTALKRICK DOBROWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2002..There is evidence that these signaling events are initiated in caveolae and caveolae related domains (CRD), lipid-rich domains enriched in cholesterol, glycolipids and specific proteins, including the key protein ..
- Endovascular Embolectomy for Stroke - Experimental StudyYVES GOBIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The specific aim of this project is to design and test various versions of the Clot Retriever Device (CRD), a helix shaped nitinol device made to ensnare and retrieve thrombo-emboli from cerebral arteries...
- Targeting the cysteine rich domain of protein kinase CJong Yun; Fiscal Year: 2002..One such domain is the cysteine rich domain (CRD), which modulates intermolecular lipid-protein interactions...
- Regulated c-myc Destabilization during DifferentiationGary Brewer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, the last 249 nt of the coding region, known as the c-myc coding region determinant or CRD, can confer regulation upon a heterologous mRNA...
- Pain Modulation and Visceral StimulationPeggy Mason; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed experiments use colorectal distension (CRD) as a model visceral stimulus to explore these issues. There are 6 aims: ...
- Transcriptional Regulation of Rhodopsin Kinase GeneSHAHROKH KHANI; Fiscal Year: 2006..expression appears unaffected by targeted disruption of the major known cone-rod homeodomain transcription factor, Crx. Investigation into the mechanisms that control the transcription of Rk is therefore likely to provide a view of ..
- Visual regeneration by cone photoreceptor replacementJOSEPH BRZEZINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Next, we will transplant cone enriched hES cells into adult Crx null mice, which have no functional photoreceptors...
- ENHANCING COLLECTIN MEDIATED HOST DEFENSEKevan Hartshorn; Fiscal Year: 2001..which incorporates the N-terminus and collagen domain of SP-D fused with the carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) of conglutinin...
- ASIC3 Modulation of Visceral Pain and HyperalgesiaR Jones; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed study utilizes behavioral testing with colorectal distension (CRD) in inbred and transgenic mice, molecular analysis of primary afferent neurons with real-time polymerase-chain ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF SURFACTANT PROTEIN DErika Crouch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Although each monomer contains a single lectin domain (CRD), SP-D is assembled as oligomers of trimeric subunits cross-linked within their N-peptides...
- PHASE III TRIAL FO SIROLIMUS IN LYMPHANGIOLEIOMYLMATOSISFrancis McCormack; Fiscal Year: 2009..Patient safety will be monitored by an NIH Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB). The MILES trial is designed as a pivotal study to determine if sirolimus is effective in stabilizing or improving lung function in patients with LAM. ..
- PERMISSIVE RETINAL GENE EXPRESSION VIA HYPOMETHYLATIONJEFFREY BOATRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- SURFACTANT PROTEIN A IN PULMONARY HOST DEFENSEFrancis McCormack; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will elucidate the role of SP-A in the innate immune defense of the lung, and may assist in the design of optimal antimicrobial strategies. ..
- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis Research ProjectFrancis McCormack; Fiscal Year: 2002..Efforts have been made to attract established investigators from related disciplines who can complement the expertise of the LAM investigators. ..
- The 2007 LAM Foundation Lymphangioleiomyomatosis International Research ConferencFrancis McCormack; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis Research Conference 2006Francis McCormack; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis Research ProjectFrancis McCormack; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Lymphangioleimyomatosis Research ConferenceFrancis McCormack; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Antioxidant Mechanisms of Surfactant ProteinsFrancis McCormack; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results will provide important insights into the roles of the surfactant proteins in preventing oxidative lung disease and may be useful for the design of novel recombinant proteins and peptides of therapeutic value. ..
- 2005 LAM Foundation Lymphangioleiomyomatosis ResearchFrancis McCormack; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CRF2 Receptor Modulation of Colonic Response to StressMILLION MULUGETA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific aim 2 will demonstrate that peripheral CRF2 activation blunts colorectal distention (CRD) and stress-induced visceral pain...
- Regulation of spinal NK1R expression by chronic stressSylvie Bradesi; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal is expected to provide new insights into the mechanisms by which stress affects the processing of visceral nociception. ..
- Mechanisms of Esophageal PainJYOTI SENGUPTA; Fiscal Year: 2008..Pharmacological study will provide insight in drug development in management of esophageal pain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sex Differences in Opioid AnalgesiaAnne Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..In summary, these studies will establish that the intrinsic and extrinsic circuitry of the PAG is sexually dimorphic and provide the neural substrate for sex based differences in opioid analgesia. ..
- GENE EXPRESSION IN ENTAMOEBA HISTOLYTICAWilliam Petri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Successful completion of these studies will provide insight into transcription regulation of virulence factors by the novel mechanism of direct calcium control of an EF-hand containing transcription factor. ..