Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CPT1A
Description: carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A
Alias: CPT1, CPT1-L, L-CPT1, carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase 1, liver isoform, CPT I, CPTI-L, carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase I, liver isoform, carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A (liver), carnitine palmitoyltransferase I, liver
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Organization of the human liver carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 gene ( CPT1A) and identification of novel mutations in hypoketotic hypoglycaemiaStephanie Gobin
INSERM U393, Groupe Hospitalier Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Hum Genet 111:179-89. 2002Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A (CPT1A) deficiency is a rare autosomal recessive disorder of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation. CPT1 controls the import of long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they are oxidized...
- Carnitine palmitoyltransferase I in human carcinomas: a novel role in histone deacetylation?Paola Mazzarelli
Institute of Anatomic Pathology, Dept of Biopathology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Cancer Biol Ther 6:1606-13. 2007..We also identified the existence of CPT1A mRNA transcript variant 2 in MCF-7, beside to the classic isoform 1...
- tBid induces alterations of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation flux by malonyl-CoA-independent inhibition of carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1A Giordano
Institute of Protein Biochemistry IBP, CNR, Naples, Italy
Cell Death Differ 12:603-13. 2005....
- Carnitine palmitoyltransferase II deficiency: structure of the gene and characterization of two novel disease-causing mutationsE Verderio
Divisione di Biochimica e Genetica, Istituto Nazionale Neurologico Carlo Besta, Milan, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 4:19-29. 1995..To facilitate the identification of disease-causing mutations in the CPT II gene (CPT1), we have established the genomic organization of this gene...
- Effect of polymorphisms in candidate genes on reproduction traits in Finnish pig populationsA I Sironen
Agrifood Research Finland, MTT, Biotechnology and Food Research, Genomics, FI 36100 Jokioinen, Finland
J Anim Sci 88:821-7. 2010..Significant effects on farrowing time were detected from the Yorkshire data, with polymorphisms within the genes CPT1A [a (allele substitution effect of allele A) = 2.97 d for age at first farrowing)], IGFBP3 (a = 0...
- A novel brain-expressed protein related to carnitine palmitoyltransferase INigel Price
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, KA6 5HL, UK
Genomics 80:433-42. 2002..of fatty acid synthesis and an inhibitor of the two known isoforms of carnitine palmitoyltransferase I (CPT I), which control mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation...
- Rationale for a conditional knockout mouse model to study carnitine palmitoyltransferase I deficienciesF R van der Leij
Department of Pediatrics, Groningen Utrecht Institute for Drug Exploration, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Adv Exp Med Biol 466:377-85. 1999..Of this enzyme, two isoforms are expressed in the neonatal heart: L-CPT1 (the "liver-type" isoform) and M-CPT1 (the "muscle-type" isoform)...
- Re-evaluation of fatty acid metabolism-related gene expression in nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseMotoyuki Kohjima
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 812 8582 Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Mol Med 20:351-8. 2007..protein (ADRP) for evaluation of de novo synthesis and uptake of fatty acids; carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1a; (CPT1a), long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase (LCAD), long-chain L-3-hydroxyacylcoenzyme A dehydrogenase alpha (HADHalpha), ..
- Variation in hepatic regulation of metabolism during the dry period and in early lactation in dairy cowsH A van Dorland
Veterinary Physiology, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, 3001 Bern, Switzerland
J Dairy Sci 92:1924-40. 2009..In conclusion, metabolic regulation in dairy cows is a dynamic system, and differs obviously between cows at different metabolic stages related to parturition...
- Attainment of brown adipocyte features in white adipocytes of hormone-sensitive lipase null miceKristoffer Ström
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
PLoS ONE 3:e1793. 2008..Despite its role in fatty acid mobilization, HSL null mice have been shown to be resistant to diet-induced obesity...
- Hepatic gene expression changes in mouse models with liver-specific deletion or global suppression of the NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase gene. Mechanistic implications for the regulation of microsomal cytochrome P450 and the fatty liver phenotypeYan Weng
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, and School of Public Health, State University of New York, Albany, New York 12201, USA
J Biol Chem 280:31686-98. 2005..induction of a fatty-acid translocase (Cd36 antigen) and the suppression of carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase 1 (Cpt1a) and acyl-CoA synthetase long chain family member 1 (Acsl1), that are potentially responsible for the severe ..
- Skeletal muscle group VIA phospholipase A2 (iPLA2beta): expression and role in fatty acid oxidationMichael J Carper
Mass Spectrometry Resource, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Lipid Research, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biochemistry 47:12241-9. 2008..oxidize palmitate but not palmitoyl-CoA or acetyl-CoA in the absence of changes in fatty acid transporters CD36 and CPT1 or beta-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase activity...
- Studies employing Saccharomyces cerevisiae cpt1 and ept1 null mutants implicate the CPT1 gene in coordinate regulation of phospholipid biosynthesisS C Morash
Department of Molecular Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Biol Chem 269:28769-76. 1994The Saccharomyces cerevisiae CPT1 and EPT1 genes are structural genes encoding sn-1,2-diacylglycerol choline phosphotransferase and sn-1,2-diacylglycerol choline/ethanolamine phosphotransferase, respectively...
- Characterization of L-aminocarnitine, an inhibitor of fatty acid oxidationMalika Chegary
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Laboratory Genetic Metabolic Diseases F0 222, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Genet Metab 93:403-10. 2008..L-AC inhibits carnitine palmitoyltransferase (CPT) with different sensitivities towards CPT1 and CPT2, as well as carnitine acylcarnitine translocase (CACT)...
- Functional redundancy of CDP-ethanolamine and CDP-choline pathway enzymes in phospholipid biosynthesis: ethanolamine-dependent effects on steady-state membrane phospholipid composition in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeT P McGee
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294 0005
J Bacteriol 176:6861-8. 1994..reduction in bulk membrane PC content was observed for both choline kinase (cki) and choline phosphotransferase (cpt1) mutants, but it was not observed for mutants defective in cholinephosphate cytidylyltransferase, the enzyme that ..
- Disorders of carnitine transport and the carnitine cycleNicola Longo
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, 2C412 SOM, 50 North Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 142:77-85. 2006..cell (OCTN2 carnitine transporter), conjugate it with long chain fatty acids (carnitine palmitoyl transferase 1, CPT1), transfer the acylcarnitine across the inner plasma membrane (carnitine-acylcarnitine translocase, CACT), and ..
- R-alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitine complementarily promote mitochondrial biogenesis in murine 3T3-L1 adipocytesW Shen
Institute for Nutritional Science, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Diabetologia 51:165-74. 2008..We examined the effect of two mitochondrial nutrients, R-alpha-lipoic acid (LA) and acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC), as well as their combined effect, on mitochondrial biogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes...
- Effects of clofibrate treatment in laying hensB Konig
Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, D 06108 Halle Saale, Germany
Poult Sci 86:1187-95. 2007..Because clofibrate treatment strongly reduced food intake in the hens, some of these effects (i.e., egg production) may have been due to a low energy and nutrient intake...
- Phospholipid and cation activation of chimaeric choline/ethanolamine phosphotransferasesC R McMaster
Department of Molecular Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Biochem J 313:729-35. 1996The Saccharomyces cerevisiae CPT1 and EPT1 genes encode for a cholinephosphotransferase (CPT) and choline/ethanolaminephosphotransferase, respectively...
- Nuclear pregnane X receptor cross-talk with FoxA2 to mediate drug-induced regulation of lipid metabolism in fasting mouse liverKouichi Nakamura
Pharmacogenetics Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, NIEHS, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 282:9768-76. 2007..whether PXR could cross-talk with the insulin response forkhead factor FoxA2 to repress the transcription of the Cpt1a and Hmgcs2 genes, because FoxA2 activates these genes in fasting liver...
- Differential action of 13-HPODE on PPARalpha downstream genes in rat Fao and human HepG2 hepatoma cell linesBettina König
Institut fur Ernahrungswissenschaften, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, D 06108 Halle Saale, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 17:410-8. 2006..of the PPARalpha target genes acyl-CoA oxidase (ACO), cytochrome P450 4A1 and carnitine-palmitoyltransferase 1A (CPT1A)...
- Downregulation of carnitine acyltransferases and organic cation transporter OCTN2 in mononuclear cells in healthy elderly and patients with myelodysplastic syndromesHeidrun Karlic
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Leukemia Research and Hematology, Hanusch Hospital, H Collinstrasse 30, 1140 Vienna, Austria
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:435-42. 2003..MDS) with age, the aim of this study was to quantify mRNA synthesis of the carnitine palmitoyltransferases (CPT1 and CPT2), carnitine acetyltransferase (CRAT), human specific microsomal CPT, and OCTN2 (organic cation transporter)..
- Evaluation of fatty acid metabolism-related gene expression in nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseMakoto Nakamuta
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Int J Mol Med 16:631-5. 2005..fatty acid synthase (FAS) for the evaluation of de novo fatty acid synthesis; carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1a (CPT1a), long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase (LCAD), and long-chain L-3-hydroxyacyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase alpha (..
- Enhancement in liver SREBP-1c/PPAR-alpha ratio and steatosis in obese patients: correlations with insulin resistance and n-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid depletionPaulina Pettinelli
Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology Program, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Biochim Biophys Acta 1792:1080-6. 2009....
- Chimeric enzymes. Structure-function analysis of segments of sn-1,2-diacylglycerol choline- and ethanolaminephosphotransferasesR H Hjelmstad
Department of Molecular Cancer Biology and Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Biol Chem 269:20995-1002. 1994The Saccharomyces cerevisiae CPT1 and EPT1 genes represent structural genes that encode distinct choline- and choline/ethanolaminephosphotransferases, respectively...
- Molecular characterization of a gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata) muscle tissue cDNA for carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1B (CPT1B)Evridiki Boukouvala
National Agricultural Research Foundation, Fisheries Research Institute, Nea Peramos, GR 64007 Kavala, Greece
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 157:189-97. 2010..contain a single gene related to mammalian CPT1B, and a further two multi-gene families related to mammalian CPT1A. Genes related to mammalian CPT1C are absent in fish...
- Long-chain fatty acid effects on peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha-regulated genes in Madin-Darby bovine kidney cells: optimization of culture conditions using palmitateB J Thering
Mammalian NutriPhysioGenomics, Department of Animal Sciences and Division of Nutritional Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:2027-37. 2009..was assessed by quantitative PCR of selected PPARalpha target genes as well as PPARalpha coactivators (ACOX1, CPT1A, ACADVL, ACSL1, PPARA, PPARGC1A, LPIN1)...
- Activation of PPARdelta up-regulates fatty acid oxidation and energy uncoupling genes of mitochondria and reduces palmitate-induced apoptosis in pancreatic beta-cellsJun Wan
Department of Endocrinology, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, 37 Guoxue Lane, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 391:1567-72. 2010..GW-induced activation of PPARdelta up-regulated carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT1), long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase (LCAD), pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4 (PDK4), and uncoupling protein 2 (UCP2);..
- sn-1,2-diacylglycerol choline- and ethanolaminephosphotransferases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mixed micellar analysis of the CPT1 and EPT1 gene productsR H Hjelmstad
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Biol Chem 266:4357-65. 1991The Saccharomyces cerevisiae CPT1 and EPT1 genes are structural genes encoding distinct sn-1,2-diacylglycerol choline- and ethanolaminephosphotransferases...
- Triglyceride:high-density lipoprotein cholesterol effects in healthy subjects administered a peroxisome proliferator activated receptor delta agonistDennis L Sprecher
GlaxoSmithKline, Department of Discovery Medicine Dyslipidemia, 709 Swedeland Road, UW2301, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:359-65. 2007..In parallel, PPARdelta agonist-upregulated FAO would induce fatty-acid uptake (via peripheral lipolysis), and influence HDLc and TG-rich lipoprotein particle metabolism, as suggested in preclinical models...
- CPT1c is localized in endoplasmic reticulum of neurons and has carnitine palmitoyltransferase activityAdriana Y Sierra
Molecular and Cellular Unit, School of Health Sciences, Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Josep Trueta s n, Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona 08195, Spain
J Biol Chem 283:6878-85. 2008..13 nmol.mg(-1).min(-1), respectively, which is approximately 50% higher than endogenous CPT1 activity. Kinetic studies demonstrate that CPT1c has similar affinity to CPT1a for both substrates but 20-300 times lower catalytic efficiency.
- Cloning and expression of a human choline/ethanolaminephosphotransferase: synthesis of phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamineA L Henneberry
Atlantic Research Centre, Departments of Pediatrics and Biochemistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4H7
Biochem J 339:291-8. 1999..cells devoid of endogenous cholinephosphotransferase or ethanolaminephosphotransferase activities (HJ091, cpt1::LEU2 ept1-)...
- Turnover of phosphatidylcholine in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. The role of the CDP-choline pathwayS R Dowd
Departments of Biological Sciences and Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213
J Biol Chem 276:3756-63. 2001..the genes encoding enzymes of the CDP-choline pathway for phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis (CKI1, choline kinase; CPT1, 1, 2-diacylglycerol choline phosphotransferase; PCT1, CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase), no induction of ..
- Stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 deficiency increases fatty acid oxidation by activating AMP-activated protein kinase in liverPawel Dobrzyn
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6409-14. 2004..Lower malonyl-CoA concentrations are known to derepress carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT1). In SCD1-/- mice, CPT1 and CPT2 activities were significantly increased (in both cases approximately 60%, P < 0...
- Cytoplasmic accumulation of long-chain coenzyme A esters activates KATP and inhibits Kir2.1 channelsEkaterina Shumilina
Institute of Physiology II, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Teichgraben 8, 07743 Jena, Germany
J Physiol 575:433-42. 2006..promote the accumulation of LC-CoA by inhibiting their mitochondrial uptake via carnitine-palmitoyl-transferase-1 (CPT1)...
- Osthole, a potential antidiabetic agent, alleviates hyperglycemia in db/db miceHong Jen Liang
Department of Food Science, Yuanpei University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Chem Biol Interact 181:309-15. 2009..These results suggest that osthole can alleviate hyperglycemia and could be potentially developed into a novel drug for treatment of diabetes mellitus...
- Beta oxidation in the brain is required for the effects of non-esterified fatty acids on glucose-induced insulin secretion in ratsC Cruciani-Guglielmacci
Laboratory of the Physiopathology of Nutrition, Universite Paris 7, CNRS UMR 7059, 2, place Jussieu, case 7126, 75251 Paris Cedex 05, France
Diabetologia 47:2032-8. 2004..We hypothesised that cerebral NEFA beta oxidation is a prerequisite for these central effects...
- PPARdelta activation normalizes cardiac substrate metabolism and reduces right ventricular hypertrophy in congestive heart failureBeat M Jucker
Cardiovascular and Urogenital Center of Excellence for Drug Discovery, and Genomics Research, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 50:25-34. 2007..metabolic changes were associated with an increase in lipid transport/metabolism target gene expression (eg, CD36, CPT1, UCP3)...
- Regional differences in the expression of genes involved in lipid metabolism in adipose tissue in response to short- and medium-term fasting and refeedingMariona Palou
Molecular Biology, Nutrition and Biotechnology Nutrigenomics, University of the Balearic Islands UIB, Palma de Mallorca 07122, Spain
J Nutr Biochem 21:23-33. 2010..It is suggested that different regulations of the expression of genes related with lipid metabolism between internal and subcutaneous depots to feeding and fasting conditions are site-specific metabolic features of white adipose tissue...
- Regulation of fatty acid oxidation in chicken (Gallus gallus): interactions between genotype and diet compositionA Collin
INRA, UR83 Recherches Avicoles, F 37380 Nouzilly, France
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 153:171-7. 2009..Muscle expressions of the muscle isoform of carnitine-palmitoyltransferase 1 (M-CPT1) and PPARbeta/delta were higher in fat than in lean chickens...
- Hepatic carnitine palmitoyl transferase 1 (CPT1 A) deficiency in North American Hutterites (Canadian and American): evidence for a founder effect and results of a pilot study on a DNA-based newborn screening programC Prasad
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3A 1S1
Mol Genet Metab 73:55-63. 2001We describe six patients with hepatic carnitine palmitoyl transferase (CPT1 A) deficiency who are members of a large extended Hutterite kindred living in widely scattered communities in the United States and Canadian Prairies...
- Dexamethasone facilitates lipid accumulation and mild feed restriction improves fatty acids oxidation in skeletal muscle of broiler chicks (Gallus gallus domesticus)Xiaojuan Wang
Department of Animal Science, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, Shandong 271018, PR China
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 151:447-54. 2010..Compared with the control, liver-carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (L-CPT1) and AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) alpha2 mRNA level of M...
- Effects of atypical antipsychotics and haloperidol on PC12 cells: only aripiprazole phosphorylates AMP-activated protein kinaseGoro Takami
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Fujita Health University, Toyoake 470 1192, Japan
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 117:1139-53. 2010..Therefore, although this study did not differentiate orexigenic and non-orexigenic AAPs, it suggests that aripiprazole is unique in its ability to activate AMPK...
- Alternative exon usage in the single CPT1 gene of Drosophila generates functional diversity in the kinetic properties of the enzyme: differential expression of alternatively spliced variants in Drosophila tissuesNigel T Price
Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Gibbett Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:7857-65. 2010..amino acid residues that are known to be essential for the binding of substrates and of malonyl-CoA in mammalian CPT1A. We performed PCR analyses of mRNA from different Drosophila tissues; both of the anticipated splice variants of ..
- Characterization of Madin-Darby bovine kidney cell line for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors: temporal response and sensitivity to fatty acidsM Bionaz
Department of Animal Sciences, Penn State University, University Park, PA 16801, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:2808-13. 2008..The gene expression of specific PPARalpha-responsive genes such as carnitine palmitoyl transferase-1 (CPT1A) and acetyl coenzyme A oxidase (ACOX1) and of PPARgamma-responsive gene lipoprotein lipase (LPL) were analyzed ..
- Enhanced susceptibility of Cpt1c knockout mice to glucose intolerance induced by a high-fat diet involves elevated hepatic gluconeogenesis and decreased skeletal muscle glucose uptakeX F Gao
Key Laboratory of Regenerative Biology, Guangzhou Institute of Biomedicine and Health, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou, China
Diabetologia 52:912-20. 2009Carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1 (CPT1)c is a novel isoform in the CPT1 family and is found specifically in the brain. Cpt1c knockout (KO) mice are more susceptible to high-fat diet (HFD)-induced obesity...
- Ghrelin-mediated appetite regulation in the central nervous systemKatarzyna Kirsz
Department of Swine and Small Ruminant Breeding, Laboratory of Genomics and Biotechnology, University of Agriculture, Krakow 30 059, Poland
Peptides 32:2256-64. 2011..it plays a key role in the metabolic changes of lipids, mainly those involving hypothalamic NOS, AMPK, CaMKK2, CPT1 and UCP2 proteins...
- The effect of clozapine on the AMPK-ACC-CPT1 pathway in the rat frontal cortexMin Kyung Kim
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 15:907-17. 2012..metabolism through modulating the downstream acetyl CoA carboxylase (ACC) and carnitine palmitoyl transferase 1 (CPT1) pathway...
- Several statins increase body and liver fat accumulation in a model of metabolic syndromeL Aguirre
Nutrition and Obesity Group, Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, University of Pais Vasco UPV EHU, Vitoria, Spain
J Physiol Pharmacol 64:281-8. 2013..These results show that statins have different effects on body fat accumulation. Moreover, rosuvastatin also shows a prosteatotic effect. These results should be taken into account for statin choice in prescription. ..
- High grade glioblastoma is associated with aberrant expression of ZFP57, a protein involved in gene imprinting, and of CPT1A and CPT1C that regulate fatty acid metabolismAlessandra Cirillo
Institute of Biomedicine and Bioresources CNR Naples, Italy
Cancer Biol Ther 15:735-41. 2014..We measured the mRNA levels of ZFP57, TRIM28, CPT1A, CPT1B, and CPT1C in a cohort of 80 patients divided in two groups: grade II and grade IV...
- Maternal high-fat diet consumption modulates hepatic lipid metabolism and microRNA-122 (miR-122) and microRNA-370 (miR-370) expression in offspringR O Benatti
Faculdade de Ciências Aplicadas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Rua Pedro Zaccaria, 1300 Jardim Santa Luiza, Limeira, Sao Paulo, CEP 13484350, Brazil
Br J Nutr 111:2112-22. 2014..Interestingly, mRNA expression levels of the β-oxidation-related genes ACADVL and CPT1 were decreased in HFD-O mice (P< 0·05)...
- Epigenome-wide association study (EWAS) of BMI, BMI change and waist circumference in African American adults identifies multiple replicated lociEllen W Demerath
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Hum Mol Genet 24:4464-79. 2015..for significance in ARIC (P < 1 × 10(-7); Bonferroni), including probes in the recently reported HIF3A, CPT1A and ABCG1 regions. Replication using blood DNA was achieved for 37 BMI probes and 1 additional WC probe...
- Malonyl coenzyme A and the regulation of functional carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1 activity and fat oxidation in human skeletal muscleBlake B Rasmussen
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Clin Invest 110:1687-93. 2002..07 nmol/g during hyperglycemia with hyperinsulinemia. We conclude that hyperglycemia with hyperinsulinemia increases malonyl-CoA, inhibits functional CPT-1 activity, and shunts LCFA away from oxidation and toward storage in human muscle...
- AMP-activated protein kinase: ancient energy gauge provides clues to modern understanding of metabolismBarbara B Kahn
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Cell Metab 1:15-25. 2005..Through signaling, metabolic, and gene expression effects, AMPK enhances insulin sensitivity and fosters a metabolic milieu that may reduce the risk for obesity and type 2 diabetes...
- Structural principles of the wide substrate specificity of Thermoactinomyces vulgaris carboxypeptidase T. Reconstruction of the carboxypeptidase B primary specificity pocketV Kh Akparov
Stepanov Laboratory of Protein Chemistry, Institute of Genetics and Selection of Industrial Microorganisms, 1 yi Dorozhnyi Proezd 1, 117545 Moscow, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 72:416-23. 2007..which is capable of hydrolyzing both hydrophobic and positively charged substrates, resulted in five mutants: CpT1 (A243G), CpT2 (D253G/T255D), CpT3 (A243G/D253G/T255D), CpT4 (G207S/A243G/D253G/T255D), and CpT5 (G207S/A243G/T250A/..
- A combination of CLA-DAG oil modifies the diabetic phenotype in male Zucker diabetic fatty ratsM J Iqbal
Department of Animal Science, Food and Nutrition, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, USA
Horm Metab Res 40:262-8. 2008..We also observed changes in transcript abundance of PPAR-gamma, PPAR-alpha, FAS, LPL, UCP2, UCP3, CPT1, RxR, ObRb, ApoAII, ApoD, and IRS1 in liver, muscle, and adipose tissue, suggesting treatment-induced effects on ..
- Impaired adiponectin-AMPK signalling in insulin-sensitive tissues of hypertensive ratsAmaia Rodríguez
Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Life Sci 83:540-9. 2008..Adiponectin improves insulin sensitivity by decreasing lipid accumulation in insulin-sensitive tissues. The aim of this study was to investigate whether these effects are altered in hypertension...
- The effects of BADGE and caffeine on the time-course response of adiponectin and lipid oxidative enzymes in high fat diet-fed C57BL/6J mice: correlation with reduced adiposity and steatosisJun Won Yun
AmorePacific Corporation R and D Center, Daegu, Korea
Exp Anim 57:461-9. 2008..ACC phosphorylation and carnitine palmitoyl-transferase-1 (CPT1) activity have been shown to be rate controlling factors in fatty acid oxidation...
- Cross-talk between remodeling and de novo pathways maintains phospholipid balance through ubiquitinationPhillip L Butler
Department of Biochemistry, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Biol Chem 285:6246-58. 2010..Overexpression of LPCAT1 increased degradation of CPT1 (cholinephosphotransferase), a resident Golgi enzyme that catalyzes the terminal step for de novo PtdCho synthesis...
- Mitochondrial carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1a (CPT1a) is part of an outer membrane fatty acid transfer complexKwangwon Lee
Center for Mitochondrial Diseases, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4981, USA
J Biol Chem 286:25655-62. 2011b>CPT1a (carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1a) in the liver mitochondrial outer membrane (MOM) catalyzes the primary regulated step in overall mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation...
- Leanness of Lou/C rats does not require higher thermogenic capacity of brown adipose tissueMaud Belouze
Laboratoire de Physiologie, Universite de Lyon, CNRS, 43 Bvd 11 Novembre 1918, F 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Physiol Behav 104:893-9. 2011..Relative abundance of β3-adrenergic receptor mRNA was lower in Lou/C BAT while that of GLUT4, FABP or CPT1 was not altered...
- Erythropoietin administration acutely stimulates resting energy expenditure in healthy young menBritt Christensen
Department of Medicine and Endocrinology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Appl Physiol (1985) 112:1114-21. 2012..in the basal state tended to be higher after rHuEpo but could not be explained by changes in mRNA levels of CPT1 and PPARα or AMPK and ACC protein phosphorylation...
- Inhibitory effect of Ginkgo biloba extract on fatty liver: regulation of carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1a and fatty acid metabolismShi Dong Wang
Center for Chinese Medical Therapy and Systems Biology, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Dig Dis 13:525-35. 2012..To investigate the potential effect of Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE) on the prevention and treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)...
- Carnitine palmitoyltransferase I and sudden unexpected infant death in British Columbia First NationsGraham B Sinclair
Departmens of aPathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
Pediatrics 130:e1162-9. 2012..The p.P479L (c.1436C>T) variant of carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT1A) is frequent in some aboriginal populations and may be associated with increased infant deaths...
- Fatty acid oxidation is essential for egg production by the parasitic flatworm Schistosoma mansoniStanley Ching Cheng Huang
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002996. 2012..and egg production are significantly diminished by pharmacologic inhibition of carnitine palmitoyl transferase 1 (CPT1), which catalyzes a rate limiting step in fatty acid β-oxidation (FAO) and by genetic loss of function of acyl CoA ..
- Oxymatrine attenuates hepatic steatosis in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease rats fed with high fructose diet through inhibition of sterol regulatory element binding transcription factor 1 (Srebf1) and activation of peroxisome proliferator activated recepLi juan Shi
Department of Endocrinology, The Third Hospital of Shijiazhuang City Affiliated to Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050011, China
Eur J Pharmacol 714:89-95. 2013..decreased the fatty acid synthase (FAS) enzymatic activity and increased the carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A (CPT1A) enzymatic activity...
- Fatty acid transporter CD36 mediates hypothalamic effect of fatty acids on food intake in ratsValentine S Moullé
Unit of Functional and Adaptive Biology, EAC 4413 CNRS, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e74021. 2013..1) Rats previously injected in ventromedian nucleus (VMN) with shRNA against CD36 or scrambled RNA; 2) Etomoxir (CPT1 inhibitor) or saline co-infused with IL(H)/S(H); and 3) Triacsin C (acylCoA synthase inhibitor) or saline co-..
- Differential effect of waterborne cadmium exposure on lipid metabolism in liver and muscle of yellow catfish Pelteobagrus fulvidracoQi Liang Chen
Key Laboratory of Freshwater Animal Breeding, Ministry of Agriculture of P R C, Fishery College, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China Freshwater Aquaculture Collaborative Innovative Centre of Hubei Province, Wuhan 430070, China
Aquat Toxicol 142:380-6. 2013..Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT1) activity as well as the mRNA expressions of CPT1 and PPARγ showed no significant differences among the treatments...
- Expression of adipokine and lipid metabolism genes in adipose tissue of dairy cows differing in a female fertility quantitative trait locusSebastien Elis
INRA, UMR85 Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, F 37380 Nouzilly, France CNRS, UMR 7247 Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, F 37380 Nouzilly, France Université François Rabelais de Tours, UMR Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, F 37380 Nouzilly, France IFCE, UMR Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, F 37380 Nouzilly, France Electronic address
J Dairy Sci 96:7591-602. 2013..of genes that were overexpressed during mobilization (ADIPOQ, ADIPOR2, LIPE, FABP4, PLIN1, RARRES, LEPR, and CPT1A) and cluster 2 of genes overexpressed during reconstitution of body reserves (ACACA, FASN, and SCD)...
- Long-term intake of soyabean phytosterols lowers serum TAG and NEFA concentrations, increases bile acid synthesis and protects against fatty liver development in dyslipidaemic hamstersSirle Laos
Centre Tecnològic de Nutrició i Salut CTNS, TECNIO, CEICS, Avinguda Universitat 1, 43204Reus, Tarragona, Spain
Br J Nutr 112:663-73. 2014..the expression of key genes related to fatty acid oxidation such as PPARA, carnitine palmitoyltransferase-Iα (CPT1A) and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase 1 (PCK1) in the liver...
- Eicosapentaenoic acid promotes thermogenic and fatty acid storage capacity in mouse subcutaneous adipocytesMing Zhao
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Saint Paul, MN 55108, United States
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 450:1446-51. 2014..Consistently, long-term EPA treatment also upregulated AMPKα phosphorylation and CPT1 expression and increased glucose uptake and GLUT4 mRNA expression, suggesting improved mitochondrial oxidation...
- Supplementation of Vitis thunbergii root extract alleviated high-fat diet-induced obesity in C57BL/6J miceHong Ming Hsu
a Department of Veterinary Medicine, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 78:867-73. 2014..Mechanistic study showed that VTE supplementation increased energy expenditure-related CPT1 mRNA expression and AMPK phosphorylation, and decreased lipogenesis-related SREBP-1 expression in liver...
- An integrated genomics approach identifies drivers of proliferation in luminal-subtype human breast cancerMichael L Gatza
1 Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA 2 Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Nat Genet 46:1051-9. 2014..The genes identified include eight that are essential for cell proliferation (FGD5, METTL6, CPT1A, DTX3, MRPS23, EIF2S2, EIF6 and SLC2A10) and are uniquely amplified in patients with highly proliferative luminal ..
- Fatty acid chain length and saturation influences PPARα transcriptional activation and repression in HepG2 cellsHerman E Popeijus
Department of Human Biology, NUTRIM School for Nutrition, Toxicology and Metabolism, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Mol Nutr Food Res 58:2342-9. 2014..Secretion of apoA-I protein as well as CPT1, ACO, and PPARα mRNA expression, all accepted PPARα targets, were determined as read-outs.
- DNA methylation signatures link prenatal famine exposure to growth and metabolismElmar W Tobi
Molecular Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Nat Commun 5:5592. 2014..P-DMRs located in INSR and CPT1A have enhancer activity in vitro and differential methylation is associated with birth weight and serum LDL ..
- A lettuce (Lactuca sativa) homolog of human Nogo-B receptor interacts with cis-prenyltransferase and is necessary for natural rubber biosynthesisYang Qu
From the Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
J Biol Chem 290:1898-914. 2015..Intriguingly, a homologous pair CPTL1/CPT1, which displays ubiquitous expressions in lettuce, showed a potent dolichol biosynthetic activity in vitro...
- Fatty acid carbon is essential for dNTP synthesis in endothelial cellsSandra Schoors
1 Laboratory of Angiogenesis and Neurovascular Link, Department of Oncology, KU Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium 2 Laboratory of Angiogenesis and Neurovascular Link, Vesalius Research Center, VIB, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Nature 520:192-7. 2015..Here we report that endothelial loss of CPT1A, a rate-limiting enzyme of fatty acid oxidation (FAO), causes vascular sprouting defects due to impaired ..
- Epigenome-wide study identifies novel methylation loci associated with body mass index and waist circumferenceStella Aslibekyan
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 23:1493-501. 2015..To conduct an epigenome-wide analysis of DNA methylation and obesity traits...
- Effects of sleeping with reduced carbohydrate availability on acute training responsesStephen C Lane
Exercise and Nutrition Research Group, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Australia
J Appl Physiol (1985) 119:643-55. 2015..05). Fat oxidation during 120SS was higher in FASTED (P = 0.01), coinciding with increases in ACC(Ser79) and CPT1 as well as mRNA expression of CD36 and FABP3 (P < 0.05)...
- Berberine-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles are concentrated in the liver and ameliorate hepatosteatosis in db/db miceMei Xue
Xiamen Diabetes Institute, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University, Xiamen, People s Republic of China Department of Pharmacology, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Chao Yang District, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 10:5049-57. 2015..element-binding protein 1c (SREBP1c) were downregulated, while lipolytic gene carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1 (CPT1) was upregulated in BBR-SLN-treated livers...
- Rhesus monkey model of liver disease reflecting clinical disease progression and hepatic gene expression analysisHong Wang
Yunnan Key Laboratory of Primate Biomedical Research, Institute of Primate Translational Medicine, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming, Yunnan, Chin
Sci Rep 5:15019. 2015..The up-regulation of expression of hepatic genes related to liver steatosis (CPT1A, FASN, LEPR, RXRA, IGFBP1, PPARGC1A and SLC2A4) was detected in our rhesus model, as was the down-regulation of ..
- 3,5 Diiodo-L-Thyronine (T2) Does Not Prevent Hepatic Steatosis or Insulin Resistance in Fat-Fed Sprague Dawley RatsDaniel F Vatner
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0140837. 2015..Further study will be necessary before diiodothyronines can be considered an effective treatment for NAFLD and dyslipidemia. ..
- Effects of bisphenol A on lipid metabolism in rare minnow Gobiocypris rarusYongjing Guan
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Agriculture, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 179:144-9. 2016..serum, the activities of acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC), fatty acid synthase (FASN), carnitine palmitoyltransferase (CPT1), and glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase (GPAT) enzymes and the mRNA expression of acaca, acacb, fasn, gpat1 and ..
- Effects of Selenium-Enriched Probiotics on Lipid Metabolism, Antioxidative Status, Histopathological Lesions, and Related Gene Expression in Mice Fed a High-Fat DietSonia Agostinho Nido
Institute of Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders in Domestic Animals and Fowl, College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, 210095, Jiangsu Province, China
Biol Trace Elem Res 171:399-409. 2016..Generally, adding P, SS, or SP up-regulated mRNA expression of carnitine palmitoyltransferase-I (CPT1), carnitine palmitoyltransferase II (CPT2), acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase II (ACAT2), acyl-coenzyme A oxidase (ACOX2)..
- Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1C: From cognition to cancerNuria Casals
CIBER Fisiopatología de la Obesidad y la Nutrición CIBEROBN, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain Basic Sciences Department, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, E 08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Prog Lipid Res 61:134-48. 2016Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT1) C was the last member of the CPT1 family of genes to be discovered. CPT1A and CPT1B were identified as the gate-keeper enzymes for the entry of long-chain fatty acids (as carnitine esters) into ..
- Association of DNA Methylation at CPT1A Locus with Metabolic Syndrome in the Genetics of Lipid Lowering Drugs and Diet Network (GOLDN) StudyMithun Das
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0145789. 2016..A Bonferroni-corrected P-value of 1.1 x 10(-7) was considered significant. Methylation at two CpG sites in CPT1A on chromosome 11 was significantly associated with MetS (P for cg00574958 = 2.6x10(-14) and P for cg17058475 = 1...
- Looking at the metabolic consequences of the colchicine-based in vivo autophagic flux assayIban Seiliez
a INRA, UR1067 Nutrition Métabolisme Aquaculture, St Pée sur Nivelle, France
Autophagy 12:343-56. 2016..In contrast, transcript levels of β-oxidation-related gene Cpt1a dropped significantly...
- Novel Mutations in the CPT1A Gene Identified in the Patient Presenting Jaundice as the First Manifestation of Carnitine Palmitoyltransferase 1A DeficiencyJong Sub Choi
Department of Pediatrics, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Pediatr Gastroenterol Hepatol Nutr 19:76-81. 2016Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A (CPT1A) is an enzyme functioning in mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation (FAO) of the liver...
- The intake of high-fat diets induces an obesogenic-like gene expression profile in peripheral blood mononuclear cells, which is reverted by dietingBàrbara Reynés
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Nutrition and Biotechnology, Universitat de les Illes Balears and CIBER de Fisiopatología de la Obesidad y Nutrición CIBEROBN, E 07122 Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Br J Nutr 115:1887-95. 2016..Regulation of carnitine palmitoyltransferase I (Cpt1a) mRNA expression was of special interest; its expression reflected metabolic alterations related to the intake of ..
- The effect of increasing concentrations of dl-methionine and 2-hydroxy-4-(methylthio) butanoic acid on hepatic genes controlling methionine regeneration and gluconeogenesisQian Zhang
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
J Dairy Sci 99:8451-60. 2016..Neither dl-Met nor HMB altered the expression of carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A(CPT1a)...
- sn-1,2-diacylglycerol choline- and ethanolaminephosphotransferases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleotide sequence of the EPT1 gene and comparison of the CPT1 and EPT1 gene productsR H Hjelmstad
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Biol Chem 266:5094-103. 1991..EPT1 gene product exhibited 54% amino acid sequence homology to the cholinephosphotransferase product of the yeast CPT1 gene...
- The sn-1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleotide sequence, transcriptional mapping, and gene product analysis of the CPT1 geneR H Hjelmstad
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Biol Chem 265:1755-64. 1990The complete nucleotide sequence of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae CPT1 gene, a structural gene for the sn-1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase (Hjelmstad, R. H., and Bell, R. M. (1987) J. Biol. Chem. 262, 3909-3917), was determined...
- Palmitoylation of the HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein is critical for viral infectivityI Rousso
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Nine Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:13523-5. 2000..Our results strongly support the suggestion that HIV-1 buds from lipid rafts and point to a role for rafts as a viral assembly hub...
- Dietary l-carnitine stimulates carnitine acyltransferases in the liver of aged ratsHeidrun Karlic
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Leukemia Research and Hematology, Vienna, Austria
J Histochem Cytochem 50:205-12. 2002..was determined by quantitative reverse transcription real-time PCR (RTQPCR) and compared to the activity of the CPT1A enzyme...
- Cloning and expression of the liver and muscle isoforms of ovine carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1: residues within the N-terminus of the muscle isoform influence the kinetic properties of the enzymeNigel T Price
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr KA6 5HL, UK
Biochem J 372:871-9. 2003..data reported will appear in DDBJ, EMBL, GenBank(R) and GSDB Nucleotide Sequence Databases; the sequences of ovine CPT1A and CPT1B cDNAs have the accession numbers Y18387 and AJ272435 respectively and the partial adipose tissue and ..
- Novel metabolic and molecular findings in hepatic carnitine palmitoyltransferase I deficiencyStanley H Korman
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, P O Box 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Mol Genet Metab 86:337-43. 2005..This C12 dicarboxylic aciduria suggests that CPT I may play a role in uptake of long-chain dicarboxylic acids by mitochondria after their initial shortening by beta-..
- Plane of nutrition prepartum alters hepatic gene expression and function in dairy cows as assessed by longitudinal transcript and metabolic profilingJuan J Loor
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Physiol Genomics 27:29-41. 2006..prepartum resulted in more pronounced upregulation of genes with key functions in hepatic fatty acid oxidation (CPT1A, ADIPOR2), gluconeogenesis (PC), and cholesterol synthesis (SC4MOL)...
- A double-blind randomized multicentre clinical trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of two doses of etomoxir in comparison with placebo in patients with moderate congestive heart failure: the ERGO (etomoxir for the recovery of glucose oxidation) studChristian J F Holubarsch
Department of Cardiology, Hospital Lazariterhof and Baden, Median Clinics Bad Krozingen, Bad Krozigen, Germany
Clin Sci (Lond) 113:205-12. 2007Etomoxir is an inhibitor of mitochondrial CPT1 (carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1) and thereby switches energy metabolism from fatty acids to glucose oxidation. Such a metabolic change may be beneficial in CHF (congestive heart failure)...
- Rat liver carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 forms an oligomeric complex within the outer mitochondrial membraneAudrey Faye
Institut Cochin, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Mixte de Recherche 8104, Universite Paris Descartes, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 282:26908-16. 2007..Located within the outer mitochondrial membrane, CPT1A activity is inhibited by malonyl-CoA, its allosteric inhibitor...
- Brain-specific carnitine palmitoyl-transferase-1c: role in CNS fatty acid metabolism, food intake, and body weightMichael J Wolfgang
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurochem 105:1550-9. 2008..Malonyl-CoA functions as an inhibitor of carnitine palmitoyl-transferase 1 (CPT1), a mitochondrial outer membrane enzyme that initiates translocation of fatty acids into mitochondria for oxidation...
- Gene expression patterns in visceral and subcutaneous adipose depots in rats are linked to their morphologic featuresMariona Palou
University of the Balearic Islands, CIBER de Fisiopatología de la Obesidad y Nutrición, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Cell Physiol Biochem 24:547-56. 2009..than in the mesenteric and inguinal depots, while the expression of fatty-acid oxidation-related genes (PPARalpha, CPT1) was lower in the retroperitoneal depot compared with the mesenteric and the inguinal depots...
- THE CARNITINE TRANSPORTER IN HUMAN DISEASENicola Longo; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NMR OF MITOCHONDRIAL TRANSPORTERS IN CARDIAC HYPERTROPHYE Douglas Lewandowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..effects on contractility;2) increased expression of the liver (L) isoform of carnitine palmitoyltransferase I (L-CPT1) in hypertrophied hearts that coincides with reduced fatty acid oxidation;3) large reductions in both content and ..
- Impact of the P479L Variant in CPT1A on Infant Mortality in AlaskaDavid M Koeller; Fiscal Year: 2011..MS/MS), which led to the identification of an unexpectedly high incidence of carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A (CPT1A) deficiency, a rare disorder of fatty acid oxidation...
- Leigh Goedeke; Fiscal Year: 2014..of fatty acid oxidation, including carnitine O-octaniltransferase (CROT), carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A (CPT1a), and hydroxyacyl-CoA-dehydrogenase (HADHB)...
- Regulated Expression of Hypothalamic CPT1 Using Gutless AdenovirusSilvana Obici; Fiscal Year: 2010..of fuel abundance because of its potent allosteric inhibition of the enzyme carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT1), which controls the entry of fatty acids into mitochondria where they undergo oxidation...
- A MOUSE MODEL FOR HUMAN INHERITED DISEASESPhilip A Wood; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies could have wide ranging impact on understanding the underlying bases of many other inherited diseases. ..
- Carlos Fernandez Hernando; Fiscal Year: 2016..For example, miR-33 targets carnitine O- octaniltransferase (CROT), Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A (CPT1a) and hydroxyacyl-CoA- dehydrogenase (HADHB), key enzymes involved in the regulation of fatty acid oxidation, and ..
- BRAIN SOCS3 AND PTP1B-ADIPOSE LEPTIN FEEDBACK AXIS IN ALCOHOLIC HEPATOSTEATOSISRaj M Lakshman; Fiscal Year: 2011..Simultaneously, the active ACC generates more malonyl CoA, a potent inhibitor of CPT1, the rate limiting enzyme of fatty acid oxidation pathway causing decreased lipid oxidation...
- Hypothalamic Fatty Acid Sensing in AgingRachel Ross; Fiscal Year: 2010..critical enzymes in fatty acid metabolism: malonyl-CoA decarboxylase (MOD) and carnitine palmitoyl transferase 1 (CPT1) and then examine their impact on the metabolic syndrome of aging in rats. I will pursue two experimental aims...
- Regulation of Mammalian Oocyte MaturationStephen Downs; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, these studies will benefit the development of in vitro systems where either meiotic arrest or completion of meiotic maturation is the desired endpoint. ..
- Antiadipogenic Influence of HIV Protease InhibitorsM Lane; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long term objective of the proposed research is to facilitate the design of anti-HIV therapeutics that lack lipoatrophic potential. ..
- Diet Therapy of Long-Chain Fatty Acid Oxidation DefectsMELANIE GILLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- FATTY ACID BINDING PROTEINS-LIGAND SPECIFICITYFriedhelm Schroeder; Fiscal Year: 2010..Differences in this nuclear receptor/fatty acid energy regulation could contribute to the pathogenesis of obesity, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemic conditions. ..
- Metabolic enzyme activity mediating myocardial stunningE Lewandowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ASYMMETRIC DISTRIBUTION OF CHOLESTEROL IN MEMBRANESFriedhelm Schroeder; Fiscal Year: 2010..If this process were understood, new therapeutic targets for increasing cholesterol efflux for lowering plasma cholesterol could potentially be developed. ..
- FACTORS AND GENES RESPONSIBLE FOR ADIPOCYTE COMMITMENTM Lane; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The Genetics of Infant Growth and Later ObesityEllen W Demerath; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PPARgamma signaling pathway in cardiac hypertrophy and failureQinglin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- REGULATION OF LIPOGENESISM Lane; Fiscal Year: 2001..for derepression and repression of the SCD1 and SCD2 genes. ..
- Anaplerotic therapy in Propionic AcidemiaNicola Longo; Fiscal Year: 2008..This approach, if effective, could be extended to a number of other diseases, including other organic acidemias and mitochondrial disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HORMONAL CONTROL OF ADIPOSE GENE EXPRESSIONM Lane; Fiscal Year: 2007..The 32kDa CUP/AP-2alpha- interacting protein, p32, previously identified in our lab, will be characterized and its role determined. ..
- Heat shock proteins and alcohol induced liver injuryPranoti Mandrekar; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B and Insulin ActionBarbara Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our goal is to find new therapeutic targets to reduce insulin resistance and prevent or ameliorate type 2 diabetes. ..
- GLUCOSE TRANSPORTER REGULATION IN OBESITY AND DIABETESBarbara Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our goal is to find new therapeutic targets to prevent or ameliorate type 2 diabetes. ..
- FASEB Research Conf: Glucose Transporter BiologyBarbara Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..