Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CPOX
Description: coproporphyrinogen oxidase
Alias: CPO, CPX, HCP, oxygen-dependent coproporphyrinogen-III oxidase, mitochondrial, COX, coprogen oxidase, coproporphyrinogenase
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Diagnostic strategies for autosomal dominant acute porphyrias: retrospective analysis of 467 unrelated patients referred for mutational analysis of the HMBS, CPOX, or PPOX geneSharon D Whatley
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, University Hospital of Wales and School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Clin Chem 55:1406-14. 2009Clinically indistinguishable attacks of acute porphyria occur in acute intermittent porphyria (AIP), hereditary coproporphyria (HCP), and variegate porphyria (VP). There are few evidence-based diagnostic strategies for these disorders.
- The diuretic action of 8-cyclopentyl-1,3-dipropylxanthine, a selective A1 adenosine receptor antagonistR J Knight
Department of Pharmacology, University of Leeds
Br J Pharmacol 109:271-7. 19931. The diuretic effect of the selective A1 adenosine receptor antagonist, 8-cyclopentyl-1,3-dipropylxanthine (CPX), was investigated in anaesthetized rats. 2. CPX (0.1 mg kg-1, i.v...
- Characterization of the heme synthesis enzyme coproporphyrinogen oxidase (CPO) in zebrafish erythrogenesisRyuki Hanaoka
Laboratory of Developmental Molecular Genetics, Horizontal Medical Research Organization, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida konoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
Genes Cells 11:293-303. 2006..We found that the sixth heme synthesis enzyme, coproporphyrinogen oxidase (CPO), is predominantly expressed in the intermediate cell mass (ICM) that is a major site of zebrafish primitive ..
- Inhibition of acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase by chlorpyrifos-oxonG Amitai
Division of Biochemistry, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, DC 20307 5100, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 56:293-9. 1998..Dursban) are metabolically converted by oxidative desulfuration into paraoxon and chlorpyrifos-oxon (CPO)...
- Normal and abnormal heme biosynthesis. 6. Synthesis and metabolism of a series of monovinylporphyrinogens related to harderoporphyrinogen. Further insights into the oxidative decarboxylation of porphyrinogen substrates by coproporphyrinogen oxidaseTimothy D Lash
Department of Chemistry, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois 61790 4160, USA
J Org Chem 75:3183-92. 2010A series of vinylporphyrinogens were prepared to probe the enzyme coproporphyrinogen oxidase (CPO). Six (2-chloroethyl)porphyrins were synthesized from a common dipyrrylmethane via a,c-biladiene intermediates in excellent yields...
- Differential regulation of coproporphyrinogen oxidase gene between erythroid and nonerythroid cellsS Takahashi
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Blood 92:3436-44. 1998Coproporphyrinogen oxidase (CPO) catalyzes the sixth step of the heme biosynthetic pathway. To assess the tissue-specific regulation of the CPO gene promoter, mouse genomic DNA clones for CPO were isolated...
- Peroxidase-catalyzed bromination of tyrosine, thyroglobulin, and bovine serum albumin: comparison of thyroid peroxidase and lactoperoxidaseA Taurog
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9041
Arch Biochem Biophys 287:288-96. 1991..Highly purified porcine TPO was compared with lactoperoxidase (LPO) and chloroperoxidase (CPO) for ability to catalyze bromination of tyrosine, thyroglobulin, and bovine serum albumin (BSA)...
- Probing the selectivity of allosteric modulators of muscarinic receptors at other G-protein-coupled receptorsM Pfaffendorf
Department of Pharmacotherapy, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Auton Pharmacol 20:55-62. 2000..As radioligands, we used the adenosine A1-receptor ligand [3H]-cyclopentyl-dipropylxanthine (CPX), the alpha1-adrenoceptor ligand [3H]-prazosin (PRAZ), and the beta-adrenoceptor ligand (-)-[125I]-..
- [Evaluation of the validity of spiroergometric parameters in the differentiation of circulatory and ventilatory physical limitation]M Reuter
Medizinische Klinik III,
Pneumologie 51:353-8. 1997BACKGROUND: One of the indications postulated for cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPX) is the distinction between ventilatory and cardiocirculatory reasons of an exercise limitation...
- Potential carcinogenic hazards of non-regulated disinfection by-products: haloquinones, halo-cyclopentene and cyclohexene derivatives, N-halamines, halonitriles, and heterocyclic aminesRichard J Bull
MoBull Consulting, 1928 Meadows Drive North, Richland, WA 99352, USA
Toxicology 286:1-19. 2011..Classes of DBPs that were specifically examined were haloquinones (HQs), related halo-cyclopentene and cyclohexene (HCP&H) derivatives, halonitriles (HNs), organic N-chloramines (NCls), haloacetamides (HAMs), and nitrosamines (NAs)...
- Leukemia Cell-Selective Uptake of Cytarabine and Daunorubicin in the Bone Marrow Compartment Mediated by CPX-351 Liposome InjectionWahseng Lim
Celator Pharmaceuticals, Vancouver, BC
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 10:E29. 2010..We have shown that delivering synergistic cytarabine-to-daunorubicin drug ratios in vivo using nanoscale liposomes (CPX-351 liposome injection) provides dramatic efficacy improvements compared to the free drug cocktail in a wide range ..
- Amelioration of cisplatin-induced acute renal failure with 8-cyclopentyl-1,3-dipropylxanthineR J Knight
Department of Pharmacology, The University, Leeds
Br J Pharmacol 104:1062-8. 19911. The effect of the selective adenosine A1-receptor antagonist, 8-cyclopentyl-1,3-dipropylxanthine (CPX), on the development of cisplatin-induced acute renal failure was investigated in the rat. 2. CPX at doses of 0.03, 0.1 and 0...
- [Control of staphylococcal skin infections in a nursery]F Y Huang
Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 32:165-70. 1991..developed in January 1985, and declined dramatically to 3 cases in March of the same year when 3% hexachlorophene (HCP) bathing was used (period 1-January 1985 to March 1985)...
- The occurrence of obstructive vs absorptive hydrocephalus in newborns and infants: relevance to treatment choicesLiana Beni-Adani
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Dana Children s Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 6 Weizman St, Tel Aviv, 64239, Israel
Childs Nerv Syst 22:1543-63. 2006..The objective of this paper is to present the spectrum of obstructive-communicating hydrocephalus, which is more complex in the pediatric group, and to propose the relevance of this particular classification to treatment options...
- Mice treated with chlorpyrifos or chlorpyrifos oxon have organophosphorylated tubulin in the brain and disrupted microtubule structures, suggesting a role for tubulin in neurotoxicity associated with exposure to organophosphorus agentsWei Jiang
Eppley Institute, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5950, USA
Toxicol Sci 115:183-93. 2010..A second group of mice was treated with a single sublethal dose of chlorpyrifos oxon (CPO)...
- Correlation of intrinsic optical signal, cerebral blood flow, and evoked potentials during activation of rat somatosensory cortexMichael M Haglund
Department of Neurological Surgery, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Neurosurg 109:654-63. 2008....
- [Reproducibility of measurements of blood gas exchange during exercise in mild cardiac failure: need for a preliminary test?]Y Valy
Service de cardiologie A, CHR la milétrie, Poitiers
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:477-82. 1997..5 years and a mean LV ejection fraction of 31.2 +/- 9%, underwent two cardiopulmonary exercise tests (CPX Medgraphic) performed on a bicycle ergometer...
- Interaction of triadin with histidine-rich Ca(2+)-binding protein at the triadic junction in skeletal muscle fibersR Sacchetto
Department of Experimental Biomedical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 20:403-15. 1999..sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) transmembrane protein triadin with peripheral histidine-rich, Ca(2+)-binding protein (HCP)...
- Sulfate acts as phosphate analog on the monomeric catalytic fragment of the CPx-ATPase CopB from Sulfolobus solfataricusMathias Lübben
Lehrstuhl fur Biophysik, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
J Mol Biol 369:368-85. 2007..6 A resolution. CopB-B is the major soluble fragment of the archaeal CPx-ATPase CopB and is comprized of a nucleotide and a phosphorylation domain...
- Enantiomeric signatures of organochlorine pesticides in Asian, trans-Pacific, and western U.S. air massesSusan A Genualdi
Department of Chemistry, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Environ Sci Technol 43:2806-11. 2009..from Okinawa, Japan and three remote locations in the Pacific Northwestern United States: Cheeka Peak Observatory (CPO), a marine boundary layer site on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington at 500 m above sea level (m.a.s...
- A thermostable hybrid cluster protein from Pyrococcus furiosus: effects of the loss of a three helix bundle subdomainMarieke L Overeijnder
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, BC, Delft, The Netherlands
J Biol Inorg Chem 14:703-10. 2009Pyrococcus furiosus hybrid cluster protein (HCP) was expressed in Escherichia coli, purified, and characterized. This is the first archaeal and thermostable HCP to be isolated...
- Tannin extracts abate ammonia emissions from simulated dairy barn floorsJ M Powell
US Dairy Forage Research Center, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Environ Qual 40:907-14. 2011..0 (high tannin [HT]); each fed at two levels (g kg) of dietary CP: 155 low CP (LCP) and 168 high CP (HCP) were applied to chambers...
- [Otogenic hypertrophic cranial pachymeningitis associated with edema of the temporal lobe and organic mental disorder-case report]Z Yi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, First Affiliated Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Otorhinolaryngology Institute of Fujian Province, Fuzhou 350005, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 35:271-4. 2000Hypertrophic cranial pachymeningitis(HCP) is a rare disease which might be misdiagnosed...
- The effect of chlorpyrifos-oxon and other xenobiotics on the human cytochrome P450-dependent metabolism of naphthalene and deetTaehyeon M Cho
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology Campus Box 7633, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7633, USA
Drug Metabol Drug Interact 22:235-62. 2007Chlorpyrifos-oxon (CPO), a metabolite of chlorpyrifos, is a potent inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase and, although the neurotoxicological impact of this organophosphorus compound has been broadly studied both in vitro and in vivo, there ..
- First-in-man study of CPX-351: a liposomal carrier containing cytarabine and daunorubicin in a fixed 5:1 molar ratio for the treatment of relapsed and refractory acute myeloid leukemiaEric J Feldman
Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York Presbyterian Hospital, 525 East 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:979-85. 2011This phase I dose-escalation trial was performed to determine the maximum-tolerated dose, dose-limiting toxicities, and pharmacokinetics of CPX-351.
- Diadenosine-5-phosphate exerts A1-receptor-mediated proarrhythmic effects in rabbit atrial myocardiumB Brandts
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Hospital Heme, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 139:1265-72. 2003..The selective A(1)-receptor antagonist CPX (20 micro M) inhibited the Ap(5)A- and adenosine-induced decrease of AERP...
- Adenosine receptor-mediated inhibition of cardiac adenylyl cyclase activity may involve multiple receptor subtypesH Ma
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 349:81-6. 1994..Two A1 adenosine receptor antagonists, 8-cyclopentyl-1,3,-dipropylxanthine (CPX) and 3-(4-amino)phenethyl-1-propyl-8-cyclopentylxanthine (BW-A884U) affect the R-PIA responses differently...
- Chloroperoxidase from Streptomyces lividans: isolation and characterization of the enzyme and the corresponding geneR Bantleon
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Hohenheim, Suttgart, Germany
J Bacteriol 176:2339-47. 1994..The gene encoding the nonheme chloroperoxidase (CPO-L) from Streptomyces lividans TK64 was cloned, and its gene product was characterized. S...
- Effect of urinary alkalinisation and acidification on the tissue distribution of hexachlorophene in ratsR J Flanagan
Poisons Unit, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital Trust, London, UK
Hum Exp Toxicol 14:795-800. 1995..2. We studied the effects of urine alkalinisation and acidification on the tissue distribution of hexachlorophene (HCP, pKa 5.7) in male Sprague Dawley rats (10 rats/group). 3...
- Randomized study comparing the efficacy and tolerance of a lipohydroxy acid shampoo to a ciclopiroxolamine shampoo in the treatment of scalp seborrheic dermatitisSophie Seite
La Roche Posay Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Asnières, France
J Cosmet Dermatol 8:249-53. 2009..The success of a dandruff treatment depends not only on the ability of a shampoo to control dandruff, but also on patient compliance, which is closely linked to the cosmetic attributes of the product...
- The toxicity of mixtures of specific organophosphate compounds is modulated by paraoxonase 1 statusToby B Cole
Department of Medicine and Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 660:47-60. 2010..Chlorpyrifos oxon (CPO), diazoxon (DZO), and paraoxon (PO) are potent inhibitors of CaE, both in vitro and in vivo...
- Host cell contaminant protein assay development for recombinant biopharmaceuticalsL C Eaton
Control Biotechnology Analytical Assay Development, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, MI 49001, USA
J Chromatogr A 705:105-14. 1995..mixtures of unique contaminant proteins has defined what is acceptable methodology for development of quantitative HCP assays...
- Hereditary coproporphyria: comparison of molecular and biochemical investigations in a large familyK R Allen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Leeds, UK
J Inherit Metab Dis 28:779-85. 2005Hereditary coproporphyria (HCP) is the least common of the three autosomal dominant acute porphyrias...
- In vitro transungual permeation of ciclopirox from a hydroxypropyl chitosan-based, water-soluble nail lacquerDaniela Monti
Department of Bioorganic Chemistry and Biopharmaceutics, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 31:11-7. 2005..The in vitro permeation of ciclopirox (CPX) from P-3051 and from a commercial, water-insoluble lacquer based on a vinyl resin (Penlac, Aventis Pharma), was ..
- Hypertrophic cranial pachymeningitis associated with middle ear inflammationShinichi Iwasaki
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Otol Neurotol 27:928-33. 2006To describe a series of patients with hypertrophic cranial pachymeningitis (HCP) associated with chronic middle ear inflammation.
- Effects of chlorpyrifos oxon on M2 muscarinic receptor internalization in different cell typesElmar M Udarbe Zamora
Department of Physiological Sciences, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1440-7. 2008..The active metabolite of the organophosphorus insecticide chlorpyrifos, i.e., chlorpyrifos oxon (CPO), inhibited agonist-induced phosphorylation of human recombinant M2 receptors by GRK2 in vitro in a concentration-..
- A selected ion monitoring assay for triclosan in medical waste waterH Matsushima
Department of Hygiene, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Biomed Environ Mass Spectrom 16:255-7. 1988A method for determinations of triclosan (TCS) and hexachlorophene (HCP) disinfectants in medical waste water by selected ion monitoring (SIM) using bithionol (BTN) as an internal standard compound has been developed...
- Fractures of the distal radius treated with cross-pin fixation and a nonbridging external fixator, the CPX system: a preliminary reportAther Mirza
St Catherine of Siena Medical Center, Smithtown, NY, USA
J Hand Surg Am 34:603-16. 2009To present the preliminary findings of distal radius fractures (DRF) treated with percutaneous cross-pin fixation and a nonbridging external fixator, the Cross-Pin Fixation (CPX) system.
- The fungicide ciclopirox inhibits lymphatic endothelial cell tube formation by suppressing VEGFR-3-mediated ERK signaling pathwayY Luo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, USA
Oncogene 30:2098-107. 2011Ciclopirox olamine (CPX), an off-patent antifungal agent used to treat mycoses of skin and nails, has recently been demonstrated to be a potential anticancer agent. However, the underlying mechanism is not well understood...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator 2 (ARNT2): structure, gene mapping, polymorphisms, and candidate evaluation for human orofacial cleftsLon L Barrow
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Teratology 66:85-90. 2002..Population genetic and embryologic studies suggest that cleft palate only (CPO) may be a distinct clinical entity from cleft lip with or without cleft palate (CL/P)...
- Validity of self-reported nail counts in patients with onychomycosis: A retrospective pilot analysisPeter M H Cham
Department of Dermatology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:136-41. 2008..Telephone and mailed surveys conducted to study this disease are usually completed via patient self-report. The validity of the counts of diseased nails reported by the patients participating in these surveys has not been established...
- The CENP-F-like proteins HCP-1 and HCP-2 target CLASP to kinetochores to mediate chromosome segregationIain M Cheeseman
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, 92093, USA
Curr Biol 15:771-7. 2005..Here, we investigate the functional relationship between HCP-1/2, two redundant CENP-F-like proteins, and CLASP(CLS-2) in Caenorhabditis elegans...
- Enzyme-based assay for quantification of chlorpyrifos oxon in human plasmaRenate Heilmair
Walther Straub Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Goethestrasse 33, 80336 Munich, Germany
Toxicol Lett 181:19-24. 2008Chlorpyrifos oxon (CPO) is the active metabolite of the pesticide chlorpyrifos that inhibits cholinesterases at high reaction rates...
- Cephalexin microspheres for dairy mastitis: effect of preparation method and surfactant type on physicochemical properties of the microspheresWasana Chaisri
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, 50200, Thailand
AAPS PharmSciTech 11:945-51. 2010..study was to evaluate the effects of preparation method and the type of surfactant on the properties of cephalexin (CPX) microspheres in order to obtain delivery systems suitable for the treatment of dairy mastitis...
- Role of Hcp, a type 6 secretion system effector, of Aeromonas hydrophila in modulating activation of host immune cellsGiovanni Suarez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Microbiology 156:3678-88. 2010..virulence in a mouse model, and immunization of animals with the T6SS effector haemolysin co-regulated protein (Hcp) protected them against lethal infections with wild-type bacteria...
- Transduction of envelope stress in Escherichia coli by the Cpx two-component systemT L Raivio
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544, USA
J Bacteriol 179:7724-33. 1997..In this study we characterized gain-of-function Cpx* mutants in order to learn more about Cpx signal transduction...
- Age-related brain cholinesterase inhibition kinetics following in vitro incubation with chlorpyrifos-oxon and diazinon-oxonAhmed A Kousba
Department of Pharmaceutical Property Assessments, TargeGen Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Toxicol Sci 95:147-55. 2007..primary mechanism of action involves the inhibition of acetylcholinesterase by their metabolites chlorpyrifos-oxon (CPO) and diazinon-oxon (DZO), respectively...
- Synergistic effect of silicate clay and phosphazene-oxyalkyleneamines on thermal stability of cured epoxiesYu Min Chen
Institute of Polymer Science and Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
J Colloid Interface Sci 343:209-16. 2010Amine substitution of hexachlorocyclophosphazene (HCP) with poly(oxypropylene)diamines (POP) afforded HCP-POP adducts which were subsequently intercalated into a layered silicate clay...
- Schedule- and dose-dependency of CPX-351, a synergistic fixed ratio cytarabine:daunorubicin formulation, in consolidation treatment against human leukemia xenograftsWah Seng Lim
Celator Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 51:1536-42. 2010b>CPX-351, a liposomal formulation co-encapsulating cytarabine (Cyt) and daunorubicin (Daun), has been developed, which delivers synergistic Cyt:Daun molar ratios to bone marrow...
- Regulation of hepatic peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha expression but not adiponectin by dietary protein in finishing pigsT E Weber
USDA ARS, National Swine Research and Information Center, Ames, IA 50011 3310, USA
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 92:569-77. 2008..reduced crude protein (CP) diet containing soya bean meal (RCP-Soy), (ii) high CP diet containing soya bean meal (HCP-Soy) or (iii) high CP diet with corn gluten meal replacing soya bean meal (HCP-CGM) for 35 days...
- Strontium uptake by cementitious materialsErich Wieland
Paul Scherrer Institut, Nuclear Energy and Safety Research Department, Laboratory for Waste Management, 5232 Villigen, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 42:403-9. 2008..The partitioning of pristine Sr between hardened cement paste (HCP) and pore solution, and the uptake of 85Sr and nonradioactive Sr were investigated in batch-type sorption/..
- X-ray structure determination of a vanadium-dependent haloperoxidase from Ascophyllum nodosum at 2.0 A resolutionM Weyand
Department of Molecular Structure Research, GBF Gesellschaft für Biotechnologische Forschung, Mascheroder Weg 1, Braunschweig, D 38124, Germany
J Mol Biol 293:595-611. 1999..Structural similarity to the only other structurally characterized vanadium-dependent chloroperoxidase (V-CPO) from Curvularia inaequalis exists in the vicinity of the active site and to a lesser extent in the central four-..
- Enantioselective epoxidation and carbon-carbon bond cleavage catalyzed by Coprinus cinereus peroxidase and myeloperoxidaseA Tuynman
E C Slater Institute, BioCentrum, University of Amsterdam, Plantage Muidergracht 12, 1018 TV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 275:3025-30. 2000..Three major differences with respect to the chloroperoxidase from Caldariomyces fumago (CPO) are observed in the reactivity of MPO and CiP toward styrene derivatives...
- Complications of the cardiopulmonary stress test in patients with depressed left ventricular systolic functionAna T Timoteo
Servico de Cardiologia, Hospital de Santa Cruz, Camaxide, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 23:1519-30. 2004....
- Clinical efficacy of a new ciclopiroxolamine/zinc pyrithione shampoo in scalp seborrheic dermatitis treatmentGerard Lorette
Hopital Trousseau, Service de Dermatologie, 37044 Tours Cedex 01, France
Eur J Dermatol 16:558-64. 2006Ciclopiroxolamine (CPO) and Zinc Pirythione (ZP) antifungals are efficient at treating scalp seborrheic dermatitis. This multicentre, single-blind, clinical study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of a shampoo containing the 1...
- Haem carrier protein 1 (HCP1): Expression and functional studies in cultured cellsGladys O Latunde-Dada
Department of Biochemistry, School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Franklin Wilkins Building, King s College London, 150 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NH, United Kingdom
FEBS Lett 580:6865-70. 2006..The recent cloning and characterization of a haem carrier protein 1 (HCP 1) has provided a candidate intestinal haem transporter...
- The impact of pharmacotherapy on the cardiopulmonary exercise test response in patients with heart failure: a mini reviewMarco Guazzi
Cardiopulmonary Laboratory, Cardiology Division, University of Milano, San Paolo Hospital, Milano, Italy
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 7:557-69. 2009Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPX) is a well-recognized assessment technique in patients with HF...
- [Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease and pulmonary capillary hemangiomatosis]David Montani
Univ Paris Sud, Faculte de Medecine, Kremlin Bicetre, F 94276, France
Presse Med 39:134-43. 2010..lavage (occult intra-alveolar hemorrhage) makes it possible to screen the patients at risk of PVOD or HCP and thus avoid a lung biopsy...
- A periplasmic LolA derivative with a lethal disulfide bond activates the Cpx stress response systemKazuyuki Tao
Radioisotope Center, University of Tokyo, 2 11 16 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Bacteriol 192:5657-62. 2010..Expression of I93C/F140C was found to activate the Cpx two-component system, which responds to cell envelope stress...
- The cluster 1 type VI secretion system is a major virulence determinant in Burkholderia pseudomalleiMary N Burtnick
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
Infect Immun 79:1512-25. 2011..pseudomallei. In this study, we purified recombinant Hcp proteins from each T6SS and tested them as vaccine candidates in the BALB/c mouse model of melioidosis...
- Preparation of echinus-like SiO2@Ag structures with the aid of the HCP phaseTao Liu
State Key Laboratory of Silicon Materials and Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:5169-71. 2011..These silver rods have a rare HCP structure, while the initial silver nuclei have a FCC structure...
- Hcp2, a secreted protein of the phytopathogen Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000, is required for fitness for competition against bacteria and yeastsMinna Haapalainen
Department of Agricultural Sciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Bacteriol 194:4810-22. 2012..tomato DC3000, we identified hemolysin-coregulated protein (Hcp) as one of the secreted proteins...
- Adding dynamics to the Human Connectome Project with MEGL J Larson-Prior
Department of Radiology, Washington University, St Louis, MO, USA
Neuroimage 80:190-201. 2013The Human Connectome Project (HCP) seeks to map the structural and functional connections between network elements in the human brain...
- Everything old is new again: an update on current research on the Cpx envelope stress responseTracy L Raivio
Department of Biological Sciences, Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G 2E9, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1843:1529-41. 2014The Cpx envelope stress response (ESR) has been linked to proteins that are integrated into and secreted across the inner membrane for several decades...
- The effect of the solute on the structure, selected mechanical properties, and biocompatibility of Ti-Zr system alloys for dental applicationsD R N Correa
Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Laboratório de Anelasticidade e Biomateriais, 17 033 360, Bauru, SP, Brazil
Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 34:354-9. 2014..The results showed the formation essentially of the α' phase (with hcp structure) and microhardness values greater than cp-Ti...
- Test-retest repeatability of cardiopulmonary exercise test variables in patients with cardiac or respiratory diseaseAnthony Barron
Imperial College, London, UK
Eur J Prev Cardiol 21:445-53. 2014The test-retest reliability for multiple cardiopulmonary exercise test (CPX) variables has not been compared in a single study and the influence of different diseases on test-retest reliability has not been examined...
- Enhancing awareness to mitigate the risk of HIV/AIDS in older adultsEmine Meral Inelmen
Geriatric Section, Department of Medicine DIMED, University of Padova, Padua, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 26:665-9. 2014..how the rising rate of HIV transmission in this age group might be mitigated, and shows the main points that HCP should tackle to identify older people at risk of HIV infection...
- Clinical image and pathology of hypertrophic cranial pachymeningitisC H Shi
Department of Neurology, Yiwu Central Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Yiwu, Zhejiang, China
Genet Mol Res 13:10501-9. 2014..MRI), pathological features, and treatment experiments of patients with hypertrophic cranial pachymeningitis (HCP). The clinical findings, MRI, and pathological appearances of 9 patients with HCP were analyzed retrospectively...
- Foaming Properties of Whey Protein Isolate and λ-Carrageenan Mixed SystemsZhengshan Wang
Dept of Food Science, Univ of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, U S A
J Food Sci 80:N1893-902. 2015..C) concentrations and pH on foaming properties of heated whey protein isolate (WPI) and λC soluble complex (h-cpx) in comparison to heated WPI with added λC (pWPI-λC), and unheated WPI with λC (WPI-λC)...
- Establishing components of cultural competence healthcare models to better cater for the needs of migrants with disability: a systematic reviewSarah Jamison Olaussen
Migration, Social Disadvantage, and Health Programs, Global Health and Society Unit, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, 89 Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Aust J Prim Health 22:100-12. 2016..examined the challenges of providing services to migrants with disability (MWD), including healthcare providers' (HCP) level of cultural competence, and documented components of the cultural competence framework required to reduce ..
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing in patients with pulmonary hypertension: clinical recommendations based on a review of the evidenceSherry O Pinkstaff
a Department of Clinical and Applied Movement Sciences, Brooks College of Health, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Expert Rev Respir Med 10:279-95. 2016..Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPX) has the power to reveal the underlying pathophysiological consequences of the disease process...
- Accelerated degradation of MOFs under flue gas conditionsE Mangano
Institute for Materials and Processes, University of Edinburgh, The King s Buildings, Edinburgh EH9 3FB, UK
Faraday Discuss 192:181-195. 2016The zero length column (ZLC) technique is used to investigate the stability of Mg- and Ni-CPO-27 metal-organic framework (MOF) crystals in the presence of water and humid flue gas...
- Palliative care for patients with heart failure: facilitators and barriers - a cross sectional survey of German health care professionalsJeanette Ziehm
Section of Health Care Research and Rehabilitation Research, Medical Center University of Freiburg, Faculty of Medicine, University of Freiburg, Engelbergerstr 21, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
BMC Health Serv Res 16:361. 2016..This study aims to identify German healthcare providers' (HCP) perception of barriers and facilitators to palliative care of patients with chronic heart failure.
- A simple and efficient purification platform for monoclonal antibody production based on chromatin-directed cell culture clarification integrated with precipitation and void-exclusion anion exchange chromatographyQuan Chen
CAS Key Laboratory of Biobased Materials, Qingdao Institute of Bioenergy and Bioprocess Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, No 189 Songling Road, 266101 Qingdao, China
J Biotechnol 236:128-40. 2016..The non-histone host cell protein (nh-HCP) content in the final product was about 5ppm and histone HCP below limit of detection (LOD)...
- Structure-Function Analysis of the TssL Cytoplasmic Domain Reveals a New Interaction between the Type VI Secretion Baseplate and Membrane ComplexesAbdelrahim Zoued
Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Systèmes Macromoléculaires LISM, UMR 7255, Institut de Microbiologie de la Méditerranée IMM, Aix Marseille Univ Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier, 13402 Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Mol Biol 428:4413-4423. 2016..It is constituted of a long cytoplasmic structure-the tail-made of stacked Hcp hexamers and wrapped by a contractile sheath...
- Relationship between hand function assessment and upper limb kinematic analysis in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsyFlorence Gaillard
CHU de Rennes, MPR Enfant, Rennes, France Electronic address
Ann Phys Rehabil Med 59:e6-e7. 2016Children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy (HCP) have upper limb limited motion and decreased hand function in daily activities...
- Three-dimensional analysis of the upper limb movement asymmetry during a bimanual grasp task in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsyFlorence Gaillard
CHU de Rennes, MPR Enfant, Rennes, France Electronic address
Ann Phys Rehabil Med 59:e8. 2016Children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy (HCP) have upper limb deficiencies and movement abnormalities causing difficulties in bimanual activities...
- Influenza vaccination motivators among healthcare personnel in a large acute care hospital in IsraelAmir Nutman
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizmann St, Tel Aviv, 64239 Israel
Isr J Health Policy Res 5:52. 2016Vaccinating healthcare personnel (HCP) against influenza is important to prevent transmission and morbidity among patients and staff.
- Grain neighbour effects on twin transmission in hexagonal close-packed materialsM Arul Kumar
Materials Science and Technology Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545, USA
Nat Commun 7:13826. 2016Materials with a hexagonal close-packed (hcp) crystal structure such as Mg, Ti and Zr are being used in the transportation, aerospace and nuclear industry, respectively...
- Cancer patient (CP), health care professional (HCP), and layperson priorities between survival time (ST) and quality of life (QOL)E D Saad
Dendrix Research, Sao Paulo, Brazil University of São Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil Hospital Sirio Libanes, Sao Paulo, Brazil Centro de Oncologia, Hospital Sirio Libanes, e Instituto do Cancer do Estado de São Paulo, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Oncol 29:e19524. 2011..Based on our clinical experience, we hypothesized that prioritizing ST would be more frequent, and QOL less frequent, among CP than in controls...
- Effect of chronic exposure to hexachlorophene on rat brain cell specific marker enzymesM P Kung
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, State University of New York, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo 14214
Neurotoxicology 10:201-10. 1989The neurotoxicity associated with chronic exposure to hexachlorophene (HCP) was evaluated by measuring the activity of seven cell specific marker enzymes in brain and by comparing these measurements to morphological changes analyzed by ..
- The experience of the nurse at triage influences the timing of CPAP interventionJane M MacGeorge
Capital and Coast District Health Board and Lecturer, Graduate School of Nursing and Midwifery, Victoria University of Wellington, PO Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand
Accid Emerg Nurs 11:234-8. 2003..has shown that intervention of continuous positive airway pressure therapy (CPAP) in cardiogenic pulmonary oedema (CPO) markedly improves the outcome of patients presenting with acute respiratory failure...
- Ring exchanges and the supersolid phase of 4HeD M Ceperley
Department of Physics and NCSA, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Phys Rev Lett 93:155303. 2004Using path integral Monte Carlo simulations we calculate exchange frequencies in bulk hcp 4He as atoms undergo ring exchange...
- Catalpa seed oil rich in 9t,11t,13c-conjugated linolenic acid suppresses the development of colonic aberrant crypt foci induced by azoxymethane in ratsRikako Suzuki
Department of Oncologic Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa 920 0293, Japan
Oncol Rep 16:989-96. 2006..colonic mucosa, the serum levels of total cholesterol and triglyceride, and the mRNA expression of cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 in the colonic mucosa were measured...
- Optimization of the inefficient translation initiation region of the cpxP gene from Escherichia coliMarika Miot
Unité Biochimie Structurale, Institut Pasteur, URA CNRS 2185, Paris, France
Protein Sci 16:2445-53. 2007The Escherichia coli Cpx envelope stress system is comprised of three proteins; the periplasmic regulatory CpxP, the inner membrane sensor kinase CpxA, and the cytoplasmic transcriptional activator CpxR...
- Chlorpyrifos transformation by aqueous chlorine in the presence of bromide and natural organic matterStephen E Duirk
Office of Research and Development, National Exposure Research Laboratory, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Athens, GA 30605, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:1328-35. 2008..occurring aqueous constituents that could affect CP transformation rates to the toxic product chlorpyrifos oxon (CPO)...
- Living with chronic illness: a phenomenological study of the health effects of the patient-provider relationshipSylvia Fox
Nursing, Samuel Merritt College, Oakland, California 94609, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 20:109-17. 2008To understand the patient-healthcare provider (HCP) relationship from the lived experience of women with chronic disease and determine how this relationship affects women's health.
- Lesbians' disclosure of sexual orientation and satisfaction with careCarolee A Polek
University of Delaware, USA
J Transcult Nurs 19:243-9. 2008..variables and their association with a woman's disclosure of sexual orientation to a health care provider (HCP)...
- Neural evidence for impaired action selection in right hemiparetic cerebral palsyM van Elk
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Brain Res 1349:56-67. 2010Recent studies suggest that in addition to low-level motor impairments, individuals with hemiparetic cerebral palsy (HCP) are characterized by anticipatory action planning deficits as well...
- Harderoporphyria due to homozygosity for coproporphyrinogen oxidase missense mutation H327RAlev Hasanoglu
Department of Pediatric Metabolism and Nutrition, Gazi University Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Inherit Metab Dis 34:225-31. 2011..hepatic porphyria due to the half-normal activity of the heme biosynthetic enzyme, coproporphyrinogen oxidase (CPOX)...
- Transmission of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza to healthcare personnel in the United StatesMatthew E Wise
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S198-204. 2011..CDC) worked with state and local health officials to characterize infections among healthcare personnel (HCP). Detailed information, including likely routes of exposure, was reported for 70 HCP from 22 states...
- Role of Trypanosoma cruzi peroxiredoxins in mitochondrial bioenergeticsEduardo de Figueiredo Peloso
Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Instituto de Biologia, Departamento de Bioquimica, IB, UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Bioenerg Biomembr 43:419-24. 2011..Herein, mitochondrial bioenergetics was evaluated in cells that overexpressed TcCPx (CPx) and TcMPx (MPx) and in pTEX...
- Behavioral change with influenza vaccination: factors influencing increased uptake of the pandemic H1N1 versus seasonal influenza vaccine in health care personnelAllen Kraut
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Vaccine 29:8357-63. 2011Many health care personnel (HCP) choose not to get vaccinated against influenza despite recommendations to do so...
- Metal-specific interactions of H2 adsorbed within isostructural metal-organic frameworksStephen A Fitzgerald
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio 44074, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:20310-8. 2011..frameworks M(2)L (M = Mg, Mn, Co, Ni and Zn; L = 2,5-dioxidobenzene-1,4-dicarboxylate) referred to as MOF-74 and CPO-27. Spectra collected at H(2) concentrations ranging from 0.1 to 3...
- Voluntary reporting of health care personnel seasonal influenza vaccination rates and the impact of universal policies in Illinois hospitalsBonnie Paris
Quality Quest for Health of Illinois, Peoria, IL 61602, USA
Vaccine 31:514-7. 2013In 2009, voluntary public reporting of hospital health care personnel (HCP) vaccination rates began in Illinois. We describe our experience over 3 influenza seasons and examine the impact universal policies have had on performance.
- Host cell protein analysis in therapeutic protein bioprocessing - methods and applicationsAnne Luise Tscheliessnig
Department of Biotechnology, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna, 1180 Vienna, Austria
Biotechnol J 8:655-70. 2013..methods for the analysis of HCPs and how cell lines, fermentation conditions, and unit operations influence HCP distribution during the process chain...
- Function in the human connectome: task-fMRI and individual differences in behaviorDeanna M Barch
Department of Psychology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Neuroimage 80:169-89. 2013The primary goal of the Human Connectome Project (HCP) is to delineate the typical patterns of structural and functional connectivity in the healthy adult human brain...
- Representative mammalian cell culture test materials for assessment of primary recovery technologies: a rapid method with industrial applicabilityDaria Popova
Department of Biochemical Engineering, University College London, London, UK
Biotechnol J 10:162-70. 2015..test materials where key variables including cell density, cell viability, product, and the host cell protein (HCP) load can be manipulated individually...
- Extended loop region of Hcp1 is critical for the assembly and function of type VI secretion system in Burkholderia pseudomalleiYan Ting Lim
1 Department of Microbiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 2 NUS Graduate School of Integrative Sciences and Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 3 Life Sciences Institute, Immunology Program, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Sci Rep 5:8235. 2015..The hemolysin-coregulated protein (Hcp) is both a T6SS substrate, as well as postulated to form part of the T6SS secretion tube...
- Pollutant in palm oil production processSeyed Ehsan Hosseini
a High Speed Reacting Flow Laboratory, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 65:773-81. 2015..Average GHG emissions produced from processing 1 ton of crude palm oil (CPO) was 1100 kg CO2eq. This amount can be reduced to 200 kg CO2eq by capturing biogases...
- Mucosal immunization of BALB/c mice with DNA vaccines encoding the SEN1002 and SEN1395 open reading frames of Salmonella enterica serovar Enteritidis induces protective immunityJ Bello
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Universidad de Concepcion, Concepcion, Chile
Epidemiol Infect 144:247-56. 2016..by two plasmids containing the genes designated SEN1002, located in the pathogenicity island SPI-19 and encoding a Hcp protein involved in transport mechanisms, and SEN1395, located in the genomic island ΦSE14 and encoding a protein ..
- System for Tracking and Managing Pain (STAMP)Wendy A Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2012..2) Shared Medical Decision-making on treatment goals and options [2, 35, 39] through patient-healthcare provider (HCP) collaboration...
- Dana E Niles; Fiscal Year: 2015..However, healthcare provider (HCP) anxiety, operator position, HCP training, crowded bed space and infant size are significant barriers to timely and ..
- Examining the Costs of a Medical Home Transformation for SeniorsArturo Vargas Bustamante; Fiscal Year: 2013..by comparing costs of a wellness care redesign for older adult patients of HealthCare Partners Medical Group (HCP), an integrated medical group with 31 practice sites, and 213 practices sites of HCP's network of Independent ..
- Evaluating the Impact of Mandatory Influenza Vaccination for Hospital Workers inKATHERINE MARIE HARRIS; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our preliminary data suggests that nationally, uptake of seasonal vaccine is roughly twice as high among HCP subject to employer mandates compared to those who are not...
- Quality of Life in Children with CleftHillary L Broder; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will enroll children (ages 8-17) with cleft palate only (CPO) and cleft lip and palate and their caregivers who are evaluated at five renown craniofacial centers (two in the ..
- John K Fink; Fiscal Year: 2014..Abbreviations: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS);chlorpyrifos oxon (CPO);cyclic AMP (cAMP);cyclic AMP dependent protein kinase (PKA);diisopropyl fluorophosphates (DFP);Induced Pluripotent ..
- Danika L Bannasch; Fiscal Year: 2014..They can occur as isolated cases of cleft palate (CPO), or cleft lip with or without cleft palate (CL/P), or in combination with other birth defects...
- Metabolic Characterization of Six-minute Walk TestingSanjay Patel; Fiscal Year: 2003..Unlike maximal exercise testing (CPX), 6MWT is conventionally considered a sub-maximal exercise test and cannot delineate physiologic mechanisms for ..
- J Troy Littleton; Fiscal Year: 2016..Fusion pore opening is thought to be controlled by the interaction of Syt and a small protein complexin (Cpx) with the SNARE complex...
- Francesca Dominici; Fiscal Year: 2014..Schrag, Alexander, Block) and Health Care Policy (HCP) at Harvard Medical School (HMS) (Dr. Normand)...
- Thomas J Silhavy; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have also discovered that the Cpx response can reduce the reactive oxygen species produced by certain antibiotics, and we will test the hypothesis ..
- Experiences of Family Members of Nursing Home Patients with Advanced DementiaJane L Givens; Fiscal Year: 2013..to describe HCP involvement in medical decision- making among 323 HCPs of NH residents with advanced dementia and to examine the ..
- Jonathan N Myers; Fiscal Year: 2014..activity patterns and fitness using standardized questionnaires and maximal cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPX)...
- IDENTICAL BY DESCENT MAPPING OF CRANIOFACIAL ANOMALIESAndrew Lidral; Fiscal Year: 1999..be separated into two different phenotypes: cleft lip with or without cleft palate (CL/P) and cleft palate only (CPO). Both are genetically complex traits, which has limited the ability to identify disease loci or genes...
- David M Snead; Fiscal Year: 2016..One such protein, complexin (Cpx), directly regulates SNARE-mediated synaptic vesicle fusion in a manner that is crucial for proper synaptic ..
- ALISON DAVIS O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2016..the role of diet in host (mouse) response to STEC;and 4) determine the transmissibility of the phage that carries stX2 in O104:H4 with or without ciprofloxacin (cpx) and the impact of cpx treatment on O104:H4 disease.
- Janina P Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2016..The major upregulated gene was hcp, which codes for a putative hydroxylamine reductase...
- Development of a system (devices and protocols) to improve biospecimen preservatiBRIAN HRUDKA; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recognizing this, Core Prognostics, Inc. (CPX) developed a unique system (device and protocols) to greatly enhance the convenience, success rate, and ..
- Ferric C Fang; Fiscal Year: 2016..The central hypothesis of this proposal is that CE acts in concert with the Rcs, Psp, Cpx and Bae systems to form an integrated regulatory network that defends bacteria from cell envelope damage and ..
- Zeev Kain; Fiscal Year: 2015..children's hospitals, each with a total of approximately 20 anesthesia and nursing health care providers (HCP) will examine the effectiveness of P-TIPS in preventing high anxiety and improving the recovery process in children ..
- PAUL MARTINETTI; Fiscal Year: 2014..Aim 2 is to use interviews with expert health care professionals (HCP's) to design and create the FT communication interface, pilot testing it in our Sexual Medicine Clinic at UT M...
- Organophosphorus Pesticide ToxicologyJOHN CASIDA; Fiscal Year: 2006..AChE -/- mice are extremely sensitive to chlorpyrifos oxen (CPO) (intraperitoneal LD50 0...
- Longitudinal DTI study in Children Treated for Congenital HydrocephalusWeihong Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Children with hydrocephalus (HCP) may suffer from significant brain injury resulting in concomitant functional and cognitive deficits...
- Dennis Ross-Degnan; Fiscal Year: 2014..intervention tiers are as follows: 1) Tier 1 includes a comprehensive, individualized home care plan (HCP) reviewed by the medical service floor nurse with the patient prior to discharge;2) Tier 2 adds the electronic ..
- JEREMY SAMUEL DITTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..The experiments proposed here should provide new insights into the mechanism of CPX action at the synapse and ascertain to what extent SNARE interactions account for the recruitment of this essential ..
- Todd S Braver; Fiscal Year: 2016..of the proposed project is its integration and synergistic relationship with the on-going Human Connectome Project (HCP), which will provide the most comprehensive characterization of normative human brain function and variation in the ..
- JEANNE MARIE WEATHERS; Fiscal Year: 2014..conduct a water-specific study on the relationship of pool closures to requirements for certified pool operator (CPO) training. Previous studies demonstrate the benefit of CPO certification in preventing recreational water illnesses...
- Peter MacGarr Rabinowitz; Fiscal Year: 2014..Prevention of occupational hearing loss and development of better tools to assess HCP effectiveness are top priorities of the National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) for manufacturing...
- Yeon Kyun Shin; Fiscal Year: 2016..SNARE (soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptor) proteins, a priming agent Complexin (Cpx), and the Ca2+ switch Synatotagmin 1 (Syt1)...
- CYTOCHROME P450 ACTIVE OXYGEN STRUCTURE AND MECHANISMSJohn Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2000..X-ray absorption spectroscopy will be used to structurally characterize oxo-ferryl states of chloroperoxidase (CPO) and ferric and ferrous states of nitric oxide synthase (NOS)...
- Bruce R Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2014..of this novel system, we will scan normal human subjects, including a number of subjects recruited from the other HCP site, and begin initial development of software to analyze this data and compare, document and disseminate the ..
- Inverse Dynamics Using Instrumented Assistive TechnologyW Selbie; Fiscal Year: 2002..g. Force Vector (Fx, Fy, Fz), Center of Pressure (CPx, CPy, CPz), and Free Moments (Tx, Ty,Tz)) In Phase I AMTI will add two sets of 8 strain gauges to a new central ..
- CELL-PLASMID INTERACTIONS IN BACTERIAL CONJUGATIONPhilip Silverman; Fiscal Year: 1991..are controlled by a cell-plasmid regulatory network that includes the F plasmid TraJ protein and the chromosomal cpx and sfrA gene products...
- Novel Type IV Pili of Enterohemorrhagic E. coli O157:H7Jorge Giron; Fiscal Year: 2004..The central focus of this proposal lies in structure-function studies of Hcp produced by EHEC...
- Parents & Health Care Professionals Working Together to Improve Adolescent HealthCarol Ford; Fiscal Year: 2006..receipt of high-quality healthcare services, and that parents can be engaged into developmental-appropriate parent-HCP alliances to effectively improve adolescent health in many of the arenas targeted in Health 2010 Objectives...
- The Transtheoretical Model and Health Care ProxiesMARY JEZEWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..Model (TTM) (stages of change, decisional balance, processes of change, self-efficacy) for health care proxy (HCP) completion, and developing models based on the relationships between the stages of change measure and the other ..
- REQUIRED REQUEST: DETERMINANTS OF FAMILY CONSENTLaura Siminoff; Fiscal Year: 1999..Data collected will include interviews of 800 family members and 1,260 HCP respondents...
- Expert Visual Guidance of Ultrasound for TelemedicineFlorence Sheehan; Fiscal Year: 2006..objective of this research is to develop an expert visual guidance system to direct rural health care providers (HCP) in acquiring diagnostic medical ultrasound images...
- PRIMARY EPO SIGNALS FOR PROERYTHROID CELL EXPANSIONDon Wojchowski; Fiscal Year: 2002..Upstream effectors that dock at Epo-receptor complexes are relatively well defined (Jak2, Syp, HCP, STAT5, PLC-gamma, P13K, SHIP, Shc, Grb2, Crk-l, Cbl, Vav) and for many, links to mitogenic response pathways ..
- NASD Emergency Department SBIRT StudyDeirdre Anglin; Fiscal Year: 2004..After HCP training, 40 at-risk drinkers will receive SBIRT...
- Investigation of Outcomes Associated With Pediatric TBIJEANNIE DISE LEWIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..between the UCHSC and the Colorado Department of Health's Programs for Children with Special Healthcare Needs (HCP) is an integral part of this proposal; this project has potential national significance as a model for community-..
- Characterizing the Cpx stress response in E. coliDANIEL ISAAC; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Cpx-induced stress response of Escherichia coli combats extracytoplasmic toxicities such as the formation of misfolded ..
- ENZYMATIC ACTIVATION MECHANISMSLOWELL HAGER; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: Chloroperoxidase (CPO) is probably the most versatile catalyst in the heme protein family...
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES ON HEME BIOSYNTHETIC ENZYMESChristopher Hill; Fiscal Year: 2009..We are focusing on U3S (4th enzyme of the heme biosynthesis pathway), URO-D (5th enzyme), and CPO (6th enzyme)...
- TYROSINE PHOSPHATASES IN SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONZHIZHUANG ZHAO; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION (Adapted from applicant's abstract): SHP-1 (PTP1C, SH-PTP1, SHP, HCP) and SHP-2 (PTP2C, SH-PTP-2, PTP1D, Syp, SH-PTP-3) are two SH2 domain containing protein tyrosine phosphatases (PTPs) which have crucial roles in signal ..
- MULTIMEDIA VAD PROGRAM FOR CANCER EDUCATIONDenise Macklin; Fiscal Year: 2000..outline for maintaining and troubleshooting information required for care of all VADs by health care professionals (HCP)...
- Antagonists of A2B Receptors Improve Insulin SensitivityROBERT FIGLER; Fiscal Year: 2001..These findings cannot be replicated using the A1AR-selective antagonist, cyclopentyl-1,3-dipropyl-xanthine (CPX)...
- CANCER PAIN EDUCATION FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALSChristine Miaskowski; Fiscal Year: 1993..The failure of health care professionals (HCP's) to effectively treat cancer pain is ascribed to two factors: attitudes of health professionals and patients ..
- Directed evolution of P450 peroxide-mediated activityJONATHAN SILBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cytochrome P450 and chioroperoxidase (CPO) are both heme containing oxidoreductases that stereospecifically catalyze the H2O2-mediated oxygenation of organic ..
- Promotion of PDT Induced phototoxicity by bile acidsDavid Kessel; Fiscal Year: 2003..If the results of preliminary studies are borne out by further investigation, UDCA could offer a safe and effective means for promoting clinical PDT efficacy. ..
- Conference on Photodynamic TherapyDavid Kessel; Fiscal Year: 2002..The most recent PDT meeting, sponsored by the International Photodynamic Assn, has more than 600 participants. ..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseSteven Keteyian; Fiscal Year: 2007..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Ion Selectivity by Heavy Metal Transport ATPasesJOSE ARGUELLO; Fiscal Year: 2002..features that determine ion selectivity and regulation mechanisms of heavy (transition) metal transport ATPases (CPx-ATPases)...
- Couples' Communication and Quality of Life during Prostate Cancer SurvivorshipLixin Song; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Psp response of Yersinia enterocoliticaAndrew Darwin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, by understanding the Psp system we will gain further insight into the essential ability of bacteria to respond to stressful conditions that occur during host infection. ..
- Temporal Resolution of Cochlear and Auditory Nerve Responses in Older AdultsDawn Konrad Martin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, this research has additional significance in that it may lead to development of clinical tools that will target sources of reduced temporal processing. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Depression, adherence and health outcomes in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patientsSUSAN BARTLETT; Fiscal Year: 2008..Depression will be associated with increased non-adherence. To test these hypotheses, we will utilize a one year observational study of 200 RA patients seen in the Johns Hopkins Arthritis Center. ..
- Distributed Supercomputing for Brain MappingArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A MULTIMODAL MULTIDIMENSIONAL MAP OF THE MOUSE BRAINArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2003..The resulting validated, multimodality, multidimensional mouse atlas will have immense value for studying normal, mutant, healthy and diseased animals in a wide range of neuroscientific investigations. ..
- VIRAL SANCTUARY IN THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEMCarol Petito; Fiscal Year: 2003..We found CPx infection in 58% of AIDS cases in whom HIVE was present in only 20%...
- Computional Brain Biology from Genotype to PhenotypeArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Ethanol and cholesterol homeostasis in the brainMarina Guizzetti; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogen and the Aging Blood Brain BarrierOAK CHI; Fiscal Year: 2002..The information obtained from our study will be crucially important for the clinical application of estrogen therapy for stroke as well as understanding the pathophysiology of age related cerebrovascular changes. ..
- Neurodevelopment Among Infants with Deformational PlagiocephalyMatthew Speltz; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Fluorescence Lifetime and Steady-State SpectrometerE Ostap; Fiscal Year: 2003..The core user group has extensive training in the operation, design, and maintenance of spectroscopic equipment. ..
- Strengthening social capital to reduce youth violenceTrudy Harpham; Fiscal Year: 2003..The project enables cross-fertilization of research on youth violence between US, European and institutions in the South, which has been limited to date. ..
- Improving the Care of Frequently Hospitalized Urban PoorAlicia Fernandez; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Maintaining Exercise after Cardiac RehabilitationBernardine Pinto; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nursing Home Comorbid Depression Care Management InterventionCharlene Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2006..The planning process will involve the analysis of existing data, the conduct of a preliminary study, and the development of detailed research protocols and a manual of procedures. ..