Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX3
Description: cytochrome c oxidase III
Alias: COIII, MTCO3, cytochrome c oxidase III, cytochrome c oxidase subunit III
Publications186 found, 100 shown here
- Involvement of cytochrome c oxidase subunit III in energy couplingS Wu
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19102, USA
Biochemistry 34:16298-305. 1995The role of the conserved acidic residues of subunit III of cytochrome c oxidase (COIII) in energy transduction was investigated...
- Identification of the YMN-1 antigen protein and biochemical analyses of protein components in the mitochondrial nucleoid fraction of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeH Sato
Department of Physics, Biology and Informatics, Faculty of Science, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, 753 8512, Japan
Protoplasma 219:51-8. 2002..In contrast, porin and cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (CoxIIIp) were not detected by immunoblotting in the mt-nucleoid fraction...
- Divergence of the mitochondrial genome structure in the apicomplexan parasites, Babesia and TheileriaKenji Hikosaka
Laboratory of Malariology, International Research Center of Infectious Diseases, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Mol Biol Evol 27:1107-16. 2010..in the form of a circular and/or tandemly repeated linear element of 6 kb, encoding only three protein genes (cox1, cox3, and cob). The closely related genera Babesia and Theileria also have small mt genomes (6...
- Technical report: immunofluorescence and TUNEL staining of celloidin embedded human temporal bone tissuesAdam Markaryan
Section of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, MC 1035, Chicago, IL 60637, United States
Hear Res 241:1-6. 2008..knowledge, successful immunofluorescence staining of type I collagen, immunofluorescence staining of cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (COX III), and TUNEL staining in archival human temporal bone tissues with confocal microscopy has ..
- Phylogenetic analysis of mitochondrial substitution rate variation in the angiosperm tribe SileneaeDaniel B Sloan
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Evol Biol 9:260. 2009..noctiflora is a recent and isolated evolutionary event. This assessment, however, is based on a very limited sampling of taxa within this diverse genus...
- Knock-down of the COX3 and COX17 gene expression of cytochrome c oxidase in the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiClaire Remacle
Department of Life Sciences, Institute of Botany, B22 University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Plant Mol Biol 74:223-33. 2010The COX3 gene encodes a core subunit of mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase (complex IV) whereas the COX17 gene encodes a chaperone delivering copper to the enzyme...
- The analysis of the complete mitochondrial genome of Lecanicillium muscarium (synonym Verticillium lecanii) suggests a minimum common gene organization in mtDNAs of Sordariomycetes: phylogenetic implicationsVassili N Kouvelis
Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, University of Athens, Panepistemiopolis, Athens 157 01, Greece
Fungal Genet Biol 41:930-40. 2004..mtDNA gene order could be detected, in two units, for all known Sordariomycetes namely nad1-nad4-atp8-atp6 and rns-cox3-rnl, which can be extended in Hypocreales, to nad4L-nad5-cob-cox1-nad1-nad4-atp8-atp6 and rns-cox3-rnl nad2-nad3, ..
- The highly reduced and fragmented mitochondrial genome of the early-branching dinoflagellate Oxyrrhis marina shares characteristics with both apicomplexan and dinoflagellate mitochondrial genomesClaudio H Slamovits
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Mol Biol 372:356-68. 2007..the smallest gene complement known, with several rRNA fragments and only two protein coding genes, cox1 and a cob-cox3 fusion...
- Group-I introns in the cytochrome c oxidase genes of Dictyostelium discoideum: two related ORFs in one loop of a group-I intron, a cox1/2 hybrid gene and an unusually large cox3 geneS Ogawa
Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305, Japan
Curr Genet 31:80-8. 1997..4) also have a free-standing ORF in loop 1 and loop 2, respectively. These results show that these group-I introns and the intronic ORFs have evolved from the same ancestral origin, but that these ORFs have been propagated independently...
- The mitochondrial genome of a deep-sea bamboo coral (Cnidaria, Anthozoa, Octocorallia, Isididae): genome structure and putative origins of replication are not conserved among octocoralsMercer R Brugler
Department of Biology, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, P O Box 42451, Lafayette, LA 70504, USA
J Mol Evol 67:125-36. 2008..octocoral mt genome, which has 12 genes transcribed on one strand and 5 genes on the opposite (cox2, atp8, atp6, cox3, trnM), in the bamboo coral genome a contiguous string of 5 genes (msh1, rnl, nad2, nad5, nad4) has undergone an ..
- Gene expression and immunohistochemistry in adipose tissue of HIV type 1-infected patients with nucleoside analogue reverse-transcriptase inhibitor-associated lipoatrophyM Sievers
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Medizinische Universitatsklinik, Freiburg, Germany
J Infect Dis 200:252-62. 2009..Long-term use of both zidovudine (AZT) and stavudine (d4T) is associated with lipoatrophy, but it occurs possibly through different mechanisms...
- The mitochondrial genome of Acropora tenuis (Cnidaria; Scleractinia) contains a large group I intron and a candidate control regionMadeleine J H van Oppen
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland 4811, Australia
J Mol Evol 55:1-13. 2002..Finally, we provide evidence that the rns-cox3 intergenic region in A. tenuis may correspond to the mitochondrial control region of higher animals...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the yeast Kluyveromyces thermotoleransEmmanuel Talla
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire des Levures URA 2171 CNRS, UFR 927 Université PM Curie, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, F 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
FEBS Lett 579:30-40. 2005..It encodes, all on the same DNA strand, three subunits of cytochrome oxidase (COX1, COX2 and COX3), three subunits of ATP synthetase (ATP6, ATP8 and ATP9), the apocytochrome b (COB), the ribosomal protein VAR1, 24 ..
- A genetic link between an mRNA-specific translational activator and the translation system in yeast mitochondriaP Haffter
Section of Genetics and Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 2703
Genetics 125:495-503. 1990Translation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial mRNA encoding cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (coxIII) specifically requires the products of at least three nuclear genes, PET122, PET494 and PET54...
- Functional interactions among two yeast mitochondrial ribosomal proteins and an mRNA-specific translational activatorP Haffter
Section of Genetics and Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 2703
Genetics 127:319-26. 1991Expression of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial gene coding cytochrome c oxidase subunit III is specifically activated at the level of translation by at least three nuclear genes, PET122, PET494 and PET54...
- Specific translational activation by nuclear gene products occurs in the 5' untranslated leader of a yeast mitochondrial mRNAM C Costanzo
Section of Genetics and Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:2677-81. 1988Translation of the yeast mitochondrial mRNA encoding cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (coxIII) is specifically activated by the products of at least three nuclear genes, PET494, PET54, and PET122...
- Making the most of mitochondrial genomes--markers for phylogeny, molecular ecology and barcodes in Schistosoma (Platyhelminthes: Digenea)M Z Zarowiecki
Wolfson Wellcome Biomedical Laboratories, Department of Zoology, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD, UK
Int J Parasitol 37:1401-18. 2007..mansoni. The genes nad1, nad4, nad5, cox1 and cox3 resolved phylogenies that were consistent with a benchmark phylogeny and in general, longer genes performed better ..
- Two distinct, sequence-specific DNA-binding proteins interact independently with the major replication pause region of sea urchin mtDNAS A Qureshi
Robertson Institute of Biotechnology, Department of Genetics, University of Glasgow, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 21:2801-8. 1993..in the major replication pause region, at the junction of the genes for ATP synthase subunit 6 and cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (COIII)...
- Mitochondrial sequence data expose the putative cosmopolitan polychaete Scoloplos armiger (Annelida, Orbiniidae) as a species complexChristoph Bleidorn
Animal Systematics and Evolution, Institute for Biology, Zoology, Free University Berlin, Koenigin Luise Str, 1 3, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 6:47. 2006..armiger mitochondrial genome and developed primers for variable regions including the 3' end of the cox3 gene, trnQ, and most of nad6. A phylogenetic analysis of this 528-nucleotide fragment was carried out for S...
- Alternative mRNA editing in trypanosomes is extensive and may contribute to mitochondrial protein diversityTorsten Ochsenreiter
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1566. 2008..Recently, it has been shown that cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (COXIII) mRNAs can be alternatively edited to encode a novel mitochondrial membrane protein composed ..
- A novel small-subunit ribosomal protein of yeast mitochondria that interacts functionally with an mRNA-specific translational activatorT W McMullin
Section of Genetics and Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 2703
Mol Cell Biol 10:4590-5. 1990Mitochondrial translation of the mRNA encoding cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (coxIII) specifically requires the action of three position activator proteins encoded in the nucleus of Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Transfer RNA genes in Drosophila mitochondrial DNA: related 5' flanking sequences and comparisons to mammalian mitochondrial tRNA genesD O Clary
Nucleic Acids Res 11:2411-25. 1983..The tRNAgly gene lies between the genes for cytochrome c oxidase subunit III and URF3, and all three of these genes are contained in the same strand of the mtDNA molecule...
- Rpm2, the protein subunit of mitochondrial RNase P in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, also has a role in the translation of mitochondrially encoded subunits of cytochrome c oxidaseV Stribinskis
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Genetics 158:573-85. 2001..Pulse-chase analysis of mitochondrial translation revealed decreased rates of translation of COX1, COX2, and COX3 mRNAs...
- The mitochondrial genome of the thermal dimorphic fungus Penicillium marneffei is more closely related to those of molds than yeastsPatrick C Y Woo
Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong, University Pathology Building, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, PR China
FEBS Lett 555:469-77. 2003..synthase subunits 6, 8, and 9 (atp6, atp8, and atp9), cytochrome oxidase subunits I, II, and III (cox1, cox2, and cox3), apocytochrome b (cob), reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide ubiquinone oxireductase subunits (nad1, nad2, ..
- RNA editing has been lost in the mitochondrial cox3 and rps13 mRNAs in AsparagalesL Lopez
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare, Universita della Calabria, Ponte P Bucci, Cubo 4C, 87030 Arcavacata di Rende, Italy
Biochimie 89:159-67. 2007..for RNA editing in the complete genomic sequences of the gene encoding the cytochrome oxidase subunit III (cox3) and the ribosomal protein S13 (rps13) in 59 closely related species within the Asparagales and Liliales (monocots)...
- Mitochondrial genome of a tertiary endosymbiont retains genes for electron transport proteinsBehzad Imanian
Genetics Graduate Program, Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, 3529 6270 University Boulevard, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z4
J Eukaryot Microbiol 54:146-53. 2007..we describe the first mitochondrial genes from this system: cytochrome c oxidase 1 (cox1), cytochrome oxidase 3 (cox3), and cytochrome b (cob)...
- Mitochondrial DNA fragments released through the permeability transition pore correspond to specific gene sizeNoemí García
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia, Ignacio Chavez, Juan Badiano 1 Col Sección XVI, México D F 14080, Mexico
Life Sci 81:1160-6. 2007..through the polymerase chain reaction (PCR), using specific primers for each mitochondrial gene (MTCO1, MTCO2, MTCO3, MTND3, MTND5, MTATP6, MTATP8, and MTCYB)...
- On the role of character loss in orbiniid phylogeny (Annelida): molecules vs. morphologyChristoph Bleidorn
Unit of Evolutionary Biology Systematic Zoology, Institute of Biochemistry and Biology, University of Potsdam, Karl Liebknecht Strasse 24 25, Haus 26, D 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Mol Phylogenet Evol 52:57-69. 2009..Additionally, we assembled sequence data of six genes (18S, 16S, cox1, cox3, nad1, nad4) for a representative orbiniid taxon sampling and analysed all data in concatenation using Maximum ..
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the yeast Pichia sorbitophilaPaul P Jung
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire, Génomique et Microbiologie, Institut de Botanique, UMR7156, Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
FEMS Yeast Res 9:903-10. 2009..It encodes three subunits of cytochrome oxidase (COX1, COX2 and COX3), three subunits of ATP synthase (ATP6, ATP8 and ATP9), the seven subunits of NADH dehydrogenase (NAD1-6 and NAD4L),..
- The PPR protein encoded by the LOVASTATIN INSENSITIVE 1 gene is involved in RNA editing at three sites in mitochondria of Arabidopsis thalianaDaniil Verbitskiy
Molekulare Botanik, Universitat Ulm, 89069 Ulm, Germany
Plant J 61:446-55. 2010..Here we identify the nuclear-encoded gene MEF11, which is involved in RNA editing of the three sites cox3-422, nad4-124 and ccb203-344 in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Analysis of the evolutionary forces shaping mitochondrial genomes of a Neotropical malaria vector complexJaroslaw Krzywinski
Vector Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, UK
Mol Phylogenet Evol 58:469-77. 2011..Six protein coding genes (nad5, nad4, cox3, atp6, cox1 and nad2) have high levels of sequence divergence and are likely informative for population genetics ..
- The complete mitochondrial genome of Pseudochauhanea macrorchis (Monogenea: Chauhaneidae) revealed a highly repetitive region and a gene rearrangement hot spot in PolyopisthocotyleaJuan Zhang
Key Laboratory for Aquatic Products Safety of Ministry of Education State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, 135 Xingang West Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou 510275, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:8115-25. 2012..The gene rearrangement hot spot located between the cox3 and nad5 genes, including a cluster of tRNA genes, nad6 gene and one major NCR...
- An outbreak of trichinosis with molecular identification of Trichinella sp. in VietnamNguyen van De
Department of Parasitology, Hanoi Medical University, Vietnam
Korean J Parasitol 50:339-43. 2012..larvae in the muscle. The larvae detected in the patients were identified as T. spiralis (Vietnamese strain) by the molecular analysis of the mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (cox3) gene.
- Variability of the honey bee mite Varroa destructor in Serbia, based on mtDNA analysisBojan Gajic
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, Bul oslobodjenja 18, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Exp Appl Acarol 61:97-105. 2013..Four fragments within cox1, atp6, cox3 and cytb mtDNA genes were sequenced. The Korea haplotype of V...
- Complete mitochondrial genome of Zebra tilapia, Tilapia buttikoferiXi Dong Mu
a Key Laboratory of Tropical and Subtropical Fishery Resource Application and Cultivation, Pearl River Fisheries Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences, Ministry of Agriculture, Guangzhou, China
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:44-5. 2016..Seven (ND1, ND2, COX1, ATPase8, ATPase6, ND4L and ND6) used TAA or AGA as the termination codon, whereas six (COX2, COX3, ND3, ND4, ND5 and cyt b) had incomplete stop codon T...
- Knockdown of the Rhipicephalus microplus cytochrome c oxidase subunit III gene is associated with a failure of Anaplasma marginale transmissionThaís D Bifano
Department of Parasitology, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e98614. 2014..marginale to naïve calves. To our knowledge, this is the first report demonstrating that RNAi of a tick gene is associated with a failure of A. marginale transmission. ..
- Complete mitochondrial genome of the Antarctic bullhead notothen, Notothenia coriiceps (Perciformes, Nototheniidae)Jae Soon Oh
a Division of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:1407-8. 2016..Of the thirteen protein-coding genes, two genes (cox1 and atp6) had GTG start codons, and six genes (nad2, cox2, cox3, nad3, nad4, and cytb) had incomplete stop codons that require the post-transcriptional addition of A bases...
- Repeat region absent in mitochondrial genome of tube-dwelling diatom Berkeleya fennica (Naviculales, Bacillariophyceae)Sung Min An
a Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology, Ansan, Republic of Korea
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:2137-8. 2016..ATG start codon, except 9 genes such as ATA for rps8; ATC for rps14; ATT for rps12 and orf51; GTG for nad5; TTA for cox3, nad4 and orf147; and TTG for cob. The nad11 and rrs are the only interrupted genes in the mitogenome...
- Divergent mitochondrial respiratory chains in phototrophic relatives of apicomplexan parasitesPavel Flegontov
Institute of Parasitology, Biology Centre, Czech Academy of Sciences, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic Life Science Research Centre, Department of Biology and Ecology, Faculty of Science, University of Ostrava, Ostrava, Czech Republic
Mol Biol Evol 32:1115-31. 2015..genome of Chromera has the smallest known protein-coding capacity of all mitochondria, encoding just cox1 and cox3 on heterogeneous linear molecules...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the confused flour beetle Tribolium confusum (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae)Jing Ou
a Co Innovation Center for Qinba Regions Sustainable Development, College of Life Sciences, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an, P R China
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:3297-8. 2016..Ten genes use standard complete termination codon (six TAA, three TAG), whereas the cox2, cox3, nad4 and nad5 genes end with single T...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the fulvous parrotbill Paradoxornis fulvifrons (Passeriformes: Muscicapidae)Longying Wen
a Sichuan Institute Key Laboratory for Protecting Endangered Birds in the Southwest Mountains, College of Life Sciences, Leshan Normal University, Leshan, Sichuan, China and
Mitochondrial DNA . 2015..One PCG (COX1) is terminated with AGG, three PCGs (COX3, ND2 and ND4) with the incomplete stop codon T--/TA-, while all the others with TAA...
- Genetic delineation between and within the widespread coccolithophore morpho-species Emiliania huxleyi and Gephyrocapsa oceanica (Haptophyta)El Mahdi Bendif
CNRS UMR7144 UPMC, EPEP team, Station Biologique de Roscoff, Roscoff, 29682, France
J Phycol 50:140-8. 2014..Using nuclear (18S rDNA and 28S rDNA), mitochondrial (cox1, cox2, cox3, rpl16, and dam), and plastidial (16S rDNA, rbcL, tufA, and petA) DNA markers from 99 E. huxleyi and 44 G...
- Recent Reticulate Evolution in the Ecologically Dominant Lineage of CoccolithophoresEl Mahdi Bendif
Marine Biological Association of the UK Plymouth, UK
Front Microbiol 7:784. 2016..by sequencing 5 marker genes (nuclear 18S and 28S rDNA, plastidial tufA, and mitochondrial cox1 and cox3 genes)...
- Genetic divergence between Mexican Opuntia accessions inferred by polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism analysisS Samah
Laboratorio de Biologia Molecular, Departamento de Fitotecnia, Universidad Autonoma Chapingo, Texcoco, Mexico
Genet Mol Res 15:. 2016..and psbA-trnH), one chloroplast gene (ycf1), two nuclear genes (ppc and PhyC), and one mitochondrial gene (cox3) was conducted...
- Genetic diversity and population structure of Kazakh horses (Equus caballus) inferred from mtDNA sequencesM Gemingguli
College of Animal Science, Tarim University, Alar, Xinjiang, China
Genet Mol Res 15:. 2016..with other horse breeds using the mtDNA D-loop region, Cyt b gene, and a DNA fragment (nps 7974-9963, containing COX3, tRNA-Gly, ND3, and tRNA-Arg)...
- Genetic variability among Schistosoma japonicum isolates from different endemic regions in China revealed by sequences of three mitochondrial DNA genesG H Zhao
College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, 483 Wushan Street, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province 510642, PR China
Vet Parasitol 162:67-74. 2009..examined sequence variation in three mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) regions, namely cytochrome c oxidase subunit 3 (cox3), NADH dehydrogenase subunits 4 and 5 (nad4 and nad5), among Schistosoma japonicum isolates from different endemic ..
- Age-dependent down-regulation of mitochondrial 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase in SAM-P/8 mouse brain and its effect on brain agingFeng Tian
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Peking University Research Center on Aging, Beijing, China
Rejuvenation Res 12:209-15. 2009..and protein levels of OGG1, especially OGG1 targeting to mitochondria, and the expression level of cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (COX III) in the brain of both SAM-P/8 mice and SAM-R/1 mice, decreased with age...
- Molecular evolution of cytochrome C oxidase underlies high-altitude adaptation in the bar-headed gooseGraham R Scott
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mol Biol Evol 28:351-63. 2011..However, the COX3 gene of bar-headed geese contained a nonsynonymous substitution at a site that is otherwise conserved across ..
- Complete sequence and analysis of the mitochondrial genome of the methylotrophic yeast Hansenula polymorpha DL-1Mikhail A Eldarov
Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Centre Bioengineering of RAS, Moscow, Russia
FEMS Yeast Res 11:464-72. 2011..It contains genes for three subunits of cytochrome oxidase (cox1, cox2 and cox3), three subunits of ATP synthase (atp6, atp8 and atp9), seven subunits of NADH dehydrogenase (nad1-6 and nad4L), ..
- Mitochondrial DNA mutations and polymorphisms in asthenospermic infertile menSiwar Baklouti-Gargouri
Laboratory of Molecular Human Genetics, Sfax Faculty of Medicine, University of Sfax, Avenue Majida Boulila, 3029, Sfax, Tunisia
Mol Biol Rep 40:4705-12. 2013..225 to +1.100) and a decrease of the protein 3D structures number (from 39 to 32) as shown by PolyPhen bioinformatic program...
- The complete mitochondrial genome sequence of Hepatozoon catesbianae (Apicomplexa: Coccidia: Adeleorina), a blood parasite of the green frog, Lithobates (formerly Rana) clamitansAlexandre N Leveille
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, N1G 2W1 Canada
J Parasitol 100:651-6. 2014..is 6,397 bp in length and contains 3 protein-coding genes (cytochrome c oxidase subunit I [COI]; cytochrome c oxidase subunit III [COIII]; and cytochrome B [CytB])...
- Aim-less translation: loss of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial translation initiation factor mIF3/Aim23 leads to unbalanced protein synthesisAnton Kuzmenko
University of Tartu, Institute of Technology, Nooruse 1, 50411 Tartu, Estonia
Sci Rep 6:18749. 2016..of synthesis of the Atp9 subunit of F1F0 ATP synthase (complex V) is increased, while expression of Cox1, Cox2 and Cox3 subunits of cytochrome c oxidase (complex IV) is repressed...
- Toward an inordinate fondness for stars, beetles and Lobophora? Species diversity of the genus Lobophora (Dictyotales, Phaeophyceae) in New CaledoniaChristophe Vieira
CoReUs, LABEX CORAIL, U227 Biocomplexité des écosystèmes coralliens, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, B P A5, 98848 Noumea Cedex, Nouvelle Calédonie, France
J Phycol 50:1101-19. 2014..were delineated using general mixed Yule coalescent-based and barcoding gap approaches applied to a mitochondrial cox3 data set. Results were subsequently confirmed using chloroplast psbA and rbcL data sets...
- Light induces translocation of NF-κB p65 to the mitochondria and suppresses expression of cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (COX III) in the rat retinaHiroshi Tomita
Laboratory of Visual Neuroscience, Graduate Course in Biological Sciences, Iwate University Division of Science and Engineering, 4 3 5 Ueda, Morioka, Iwate 020 8551, Japan Soft Path Engineering Research Center SPERC, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Iwate University, Morioka 020 8551, Japan Clinical Research, Innovation and Education Center, Tohoku University Hospital, 1 1 Seiryo, Aoba, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8574, Japan Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 473:1013-8. 2016..retinal NF-κB translocates to the mitochondria, an event associated with a decrease in expression of cytochrome c oxidase subunit III (COX III)...
- Mitochondrial Genetic Variation in Iranian Infertile Men with VaricoceleMohammad Mehdi Heidari
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Yazd University, Yazd, Iran
Int J Fertil Steril 10:303-309. 2016..aim of this study was to scan nine mitochondrial genes (MT-COX2, MT-tRNALys , MT-ATP8, MT-ATP6, MT-COX3, MT-tRNAGly , MT-ND3, MT-tRNAArg and MT-ND4L) for mutations in infertile patients ..
- Disruption of the yeast nuclear PET54 gene blocks excision of mitochondrial intron aI5 beta from pre-mRNA for cytochrome c oxidase subunit IM L Valencik
Department of Microbiology, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
EMBO J 8:3899-904. 1989..two mitochondrial genes: COX1, which encodes cytochrome c oxidase subunit I, and COX3, which encodes cytochrome c oxidase subunit III. The defect in COX1 gene expression in the pet54 mutant was shown to be the result of inefficient ..
- COX3 mRNA-specific translational activator proteins are associated with the inner mitochondrial membrane in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeT W McMullin
Section of Genetics and Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 2703
J Biol Chem 268:11737-41. 1993..genes, PET54, PET122, and PET494, are specifically required to activate translation of the mitochondrially coded COX3 mRNA, and one of them, PET122, has been shown to interact functionally with both the mitochondrial ribosomal small ..
- Highly diverged homologs of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial mRNA-specific translational activators have orthologous functions in other budding yeastsM C Costanzo
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 2703, USA
Genetics 154:999-1012. 2000..We searched unsuccessfully in divergent budding yeasts for orthologs of the COX2- and COX3-specific translational activator genes, PET111, PET54, PET122, and PET494, by direct complementation...
- Isolation and characterization of cytochrome c from the marine copepod Tigriopus californicusP D Rawson
Marine Biology Research Division, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Gene 248:15-22. 2000..by the nuclear CYC gene) and cytochrome c oxidase (partly encoded in the mitochondrial DNA by the COX1, COX2 and COX3 genes)...
- Structure of nuclear-localized cox3 genes in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii and in its colorless close relative Polytomella spXochitl Perez-Martinez
Departamento de Genetica Molecular, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Apartado Postal 70 243, 04510, D F, Mexico
Curr Genet 40:399-404. 2002Several chlorophyte algae do not have the cox3 gene, encoding subunit III of cytochrome c oxidase, in their mitochondrial genomes...
- Rsf1p, a protein required for respiratory growth of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeLin Lu
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Gordon H Scott Hall, 540 East Canfield Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Curr Genet 43:263-72. 2003..sequence (UAS) in its 5'-flanking region, are attenuated in the DeltaYMR030 W mutant, but mRNA from the mt COX3 ( OXI2) gene, which lacks the mt UAS, are not...
- Somatic mitochondrial DNA mutations in oral cancer of betel quid chewersDuan Jun Tan
Institute for Molecular and Human Genetics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1011:310-6. 2004..One frameshift mutation, 9485delC, was in cytochrome c oxidase subunit III. Eight (44%) tumors had insertion or deletion mutations in the np303-309 poly C region of the D-loop...
- Downregulation of ATP synthase subunit-6, cytochrome c oxidase-III, and NADH dehydrogenase-3 by bright cyclic light in the rat retinaHu Huang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, 73104, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:2489-96. 2004..In this study, the objective was to study the mechanisms of neuroprotection in the bright cyclic light-reared retina by identification of differentially expressed genes with differential display (DD)-PCR...
- [Editing of the mitochondrial cox3 transcript may yield a new site of protein-protein interactions in wild cereal Elymus sibiricus L]E L Tauson
Mol Biol (Mosk) 38:420-8. 2004..nucleotide sequences were established for the Elymus sibiricus mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase subunit 3 gene (cox3) and its cDNA...
- RNA interference analyses suggest a transcript-specific regulatory role for mitochondrial RNA-binding proteins MRP1 and MRP2 in RNA editing and other RNA processing in Trypanosoma bruceiEva Vondrusková
Institute of Parasitology, Czech Academy of Sciences, and Faculty of Biology, University of South Bohemia, 37005 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
J Biol Chem 280:2429-38. 2005..substantially reduced levels of edited CyB and RPS12 mRNAs but little or no reduction of the level of edited Cox2, Cox3, and A6 mRNAs as measured by poisoned primer extension analyses...
- Plasma membrane oxidoreductase activity in cultured cells in relation to mitochondrial function and oxidative stressGiulia Deleonardi
Dipartimento di Biochimica, Universita di Bologna, Via Irnerio 48, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Biofactors 20:251-8. 2004..with platelets from a patient with a nucleotide 9957 mutation in mitochondrial DNA (encoding for cytochrome c oxidase subunit III) in comparison with the parent 143B line...
- Expression of green fluorescent protein from a recoded gene inserted into Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial DNAJ S Cohen
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 2703, USA
Mitochondrion 1:181-9. 2001..This reporter gene, GFP(m)-3, was inserted into mtDNA at the eighth codon of the COX3 gene. Mitochondria containing this mtDNA could be detected by fluorescence microscopy...
- The complete DNA sequence of the mitochondrial genome of the dermatophyte fungus Epidermophyton floccosumJosé Humberto M Tambor
Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Departamento de Microbiologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 1374, Ed Biomédicas II, Cidade Universitaria, CEP 05508 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Curr Genet 49:302-8. 2006..oxireductase (nad1, nad2, nad3, nad4, nad4L, nad5, and nad6), three subunits of cytochrome oxidase (cox1, cox2, and cox3), apocytochrome b (cob), three subunits of ATP synthase (atp6, atp8, and atp9), the small and large ribosomal RNAs (..
- Differential expression of cytochrome c oxidase subunit III gene in castes of the termite Reticulitermes santonensisMarjorie A Liénard
Department of Ecology, Lund University, Solvegatan 37, SE 223 62 Lund, Sweden
J Insect Physiol 52:551-7. 2006..We used the cytochrome c oxidase subunit III gene (COXIII) that was cloned from mRNA in a lower termite, Reticulitermes santonensis De Feytaud (..
- Extensive variation in nuclear mitochondrial DNA content between the genomes of Phytophthora sojae and Phytophthora ramorumKonstantinos Krampis
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061 0477, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 19:1329-36. 2006..ramorum NUMTs most often originate from the cox3, rpsl4, nad4, and nad5 genes...
- Organization of the mitochondrial genome in the dinoflagellate Amphidinium carteraeEdmund A Nash
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Evol 24:1528-36. 2007..It contains just 3 identifiable protein-coding genes: cox1, cox3, and cob. No evidence for rRNA or tRNA genes was found...
- Deletion of the MTO2 gene related to tRNA modification causes a failure in mitochondrial RNA metabolism in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeXinjian Wang
Division of Human Genetics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
FEBS Lett 581:4228-34. 2007..Furthermore, the steady-state levels of mitochondrial mRNA CYTB, COX1, COX2, COX3, and ATP6 were markedly decreased in mto2 strains...
- Screening of phage displayed human liver cDNA library against dexamethasoneXiaoming Yu
National Chromatographic Research and Analysis Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 45:701-5. 2007..phages with the lengths of 400 and 600 bp were sequenced, and revealed identical sequences with cytochrome c oxidase subunit III and albumin respectively by GenBank searching...
- Mitochondrial genome polymorphisms associated with longissimus muscle composition in Iberian pigsA I Fernandez
Departamento de Mejora Genética Animal, INIA, Ctra de La Coruña Km 7 5, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Anim Sci 86:1283-90. 2008..detected in H3 carriers: a synonymous transition 9104C > T in the gene-coding region of Cytochrome c oxidase subunit III and a substitution 715A > G in 12S rRNA...
- Identification of differentially expressed genes in the growth plate of broiler chickens with thiram-induced tibial dyschondroplasiaW X Tian
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China
Avian Pathol 38:161-6. 2009..pro-alpha-1 collagen type I (Col I alpha1), collagen type IX (Col IX), NADH dehydrogenase (NADH DH), cytochrome C oxidase subunit III (COX III), enolase 1, alpha (ENO1), carbonic anhydrase II (CA2) and heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) ..
- Long-term cycles of hypoxia and normoxia increase the contents of liver mitochondrial DNA in ratsYongjun Luo
Department of High Altitude Diseases, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, People s Republic of China
Eur J Appl Physiol 113:223-32. 2013..the contents of liver mtDNA, mitochondrial transcription factor A (mtTFA), cytochrome oxidase 1 (COX1), COX2, and COX3 mRNA transcripts, and mitochondrial respiratory activity were examined immediately after the last cycle...
- Burst of succinate dehydrogenase and α-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase activity in concert with the expression of genes coding for respiratory chain proteins underlies short-term beneficial physiological stress in mitochondriaMarina V Zakharchenko
Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Russia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 45:190-200. 2013..The burst of ROS formation was congruous with changes in SDH and KDH activity, as well as in ucp2 and cox3 expression, while the activity of SDH was inversely dependent on the expression of the gene of its catalytic ..
- Complete mitochondrial genome of the ring-necked pheasant, Phasianus colchicus (Galliformes: Phasianidae)Xifeng Li
The Provincial Key Laboratory of Conservation and Exploitation Research of Biological Resources in Anhui, Wuhu 241000, Republic of China
Mitochondrial DNA 24:89-90. 2013..All protein-coding, rRNA, and tRNA genes have more than 99.0% nucleotide sequence similarity with the previously reported individual, except for cox3 and tRNA (Pro) genes which has more similarity with Phasianus versicolor.
- Whole genomic sequencing of RT98 mitochondria derived from Oryza rufipogon and northern blot analysis to uncover a cytoplasmic male sterility-associated geneKeisuke Igarashi
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 54:237-43. 2013..The orf113 gene was shown to be co-transcribed with atp4 and cox3 encoding ATP synthase F0 subunit 4 and Cyt c oxidase subunit 3, respectively, and their transcripts were distinctly ..
- Identification of a novel m.9588G > a missense mutation in the mitochondrial COIII gene in asthenozoospermic Tunisian infertile menSiwar Baklouti-Gargouri
Laboratory of Molecular Human Genetics, Sfax Faculty of Medicine, University of Sfax, Avenue Majida Boulila, 3029, Sfax, Tunisia
J Assist Reprod Genet 31:595-600. 2014..It has been demonstrated that mtDNA base substitutions can greatly influence semen quality...
- Complete mitochondrial genome of a Light-vented Bulbul subspecies, Pycnonotus sinensis hainanus (Passeriformes: Pycnonotidae)Qiongqiong Ren
a The Provincial Key Laboratory of the Conservation and Exploitation Research of Biological Resources in Anhui, Wuhu, People s Republic of China
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:375-7. 2016..0% nucleotide sequence similarity with the previously reported individual of P. s. formosae, except for cox3 and CRs. Notably, we found that the nucleotide sequence of P. s. formosae mtDNA has more similarity with P...
- Characterization of the complete mitochondrial genome of Collared Finchbill, Spizixos semitorques (Passeriformes: Pycnonotidae)Qiongqiong Ren
a The Provincial Key Laboratory of the Conservation and Exploitation Research of Biological Resources in Anhui, Wuhu, People s Republic of China and
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:700-2. 2016..are found in seven protein-coding genes, while AGA for nad1 and nad5, AGG for cox1, and the remaining genes (nad2, cox3, nad4) have incomplete termination codons (TA- or T- -). All tRNA genes have a typical clover-leaf structure...
- Parallel evolution of cox genes in H2S-tolerant fish as key adaptation to a toxic environmentMarkus Pfenninger
Molecular Ecology Group, Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre by Senckenberg Naturforschende Gesellschaft and Goethe Universität, 60325 Frankfurt, Germany
Nat Commun 5:3873. 2014..of COX evolved in parallel in two sulphide lineages, as evidenced by shared amino acid substitutions in cox1 and cox3 genes. One of the shared substitutions likely triggers conformational changes in COX1 blocking the access of H2S...
- Complete mitochondrial genome of the hybrid of Oreochromis niloticus (♀) × Oreochromis aureus (♂)Xin Zhu
a College of Veterinary Medicine, Hunan Agriculture University, Changsha, Hunan, P R China and
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:1777-8. 2016..Eight genes end with the complete stop codon TAA or TAG, while the COX2, COX3, ND3, ND4 and Cytb genes terminated with an incomplete stop codon T...
- Characterization of the complete mitochondrial genome of Bombyx huttoni (Lepidoptera: Bombycidae)Xiao Yi Peng
a Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Medicinal Resources and Natural Pharmaceutical Chemistry, National Engineering Laboratory for Resource Development of Endangered Crude Drugs in Northwest China, College of Life Sciences, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an, PR China
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:4112-4113. 2016..Twelve PCGs (COX2, COX3, CYTB, ND1, ND2, ND3, ND4, ND4L, ND5, ND6, ATP6, and ATP) are initiated with the typical ATN codons, whereas COX1 ..
- Characterization and phylogenetic analysis of the mitochondrial genome of Shiraia bambusicola reveals special features in the order of pleosporalesXiao ye Shen
College of Life Science, Capital Normal University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 10:e0116466. 2015..regions of gene orders partitioned in their mitochondrial genomes, including block 1 (nad6-atp6), block 2 (nad1-cox3) and block 3 (genes around rns). S...
- Morphological and Phylogenetic Characterization of New Gephyrocapsa Isolates Suggests Introgressive Hybridization in the Emiliania/Gephyrocapsa Complex (Haptophyta)El Mahdi Bendif
Marine Biological Association of the UK, Plymouth, UK Electronic address
Protist 166:323-36. 2015..and phylogenetic analysis of 6 genes (nuclear 18S and 28S rDNA, plastidial 16S and tufA, and mitochondrial cox1 and cox3 genes). Morphometric features of the coccoliths indicate that these isolates are distinct from G...
- Adaptation of the Mitochondrial Genome in Cephalopods: Enhancing Proton Translocation Channels and the Subunit InteractionsDaniela Almeida
CIIMAR CIMAR, Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 10:e0135405. 2015..in the energy production pathway of cephalopods: ND5 and ND6 from Complex I, CYTB from Complex III, COX2 and COX3 from Complex IV, and in ATP8 from Complex V...
- Sequence characterization and phylogeny analysis of the complete mitochondrial genome of verreaux's sifaka, Propithecus verreauxi (primates: indriidae)Hongmei Yao
a Department of Gynecology, Affiliated Hospital of Jining Medical University, Jining, China
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:4431-4432. 2016..With the exception of COX3, which terminates with an incomplete stop codon (T-), all the other PCGs initiates with a traditional ATN start ..
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the black star fat minnow (Rhynchocypris semotilus), an endemic and endangered fish of KoreaJeong Nam Yu
a National Institute of Biological Resources, Environmental Research Complex, Incheon, Korea
Mitochondrial DNA . 2015..semotilus were similar to that of most other vertebrates. Four overlapping regions in ATP8/ATP6, ATP6/COX3, ND4L/ND4, and ND5/ND6, among the 13 PCGs were found...
- Occurrence of Deformed wing virus, Chronic bee paralysis virus and mtDNA variants in haplotype K of Varroa destructor mites in Syrian apiariesToufic Elbeaino
CIHEAM Istituto Agronomico Mediterraneo, Via Ceglie 9, 70010, Valenzano, BA, Italy
Exp Appl Acarol 69:11-9. 2016..analyzed by amplifying and sequencing four fragments in cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (cox1), ATP synthase 6 (atp6), cox3 and cytochrome b (cytb) mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) genes. Sequences of concatenated V...
- Dynamic gene expression profiles during postnatal development of porcine subcutaneous adiposeJie Zhang
Institute of Animal Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, Sichuan, China Department of Animal Science, Southwest University at Rongchang, Chongqing, China
Peerj 4:e1768. 2016..A set of universally abundant genes (ATP8, COX2, COX3, ND1, ND2, SCD and TUBA1B) was found across all four developmental stages...
- A MORPHOLOGICAL AND MOLECULAR STUDY OF AUSTRAL SARGASSUM (FUCALES, PHAEOPHYCEAE) SUPPORTS THE RECOGNITION OF PHYLLOTRICHA AT GENUS LEVEL, WITH FURTHER ADDITIONS TO THE GENUS SARGASSOPSIS(1)Rainbo R M Dixon
School of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Murdoch University, Murdoch, WA 6150, AustraliaSchool of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Murdoch University, Murdoch, WA 6150, Australia WA Herbarium, Science Division, Department of Environment and Conservation, Locked Bag 104, Bentley Delivery Centre, WA 6983, AustraliaSchool of Biological Sciences, Victoria University of New Zealand, P O Box 600, Wellington, New ZealandSchool of Earth and Environmental Science, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia State Herbarium of South Australia, Plant Biodiversity Centre, Hackney Road, G P O Box 1047, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia South Australian Research and Development Institute, Aquatic Sciences, P O Box 120, Henley Beach, SA 5022, AustraliaSchool of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Murdoch University, Murdoch, WA 6150, Australia
J Phycol 48:1119-29. 2012..the New Zealand endemic Carpophyllum Greville, using morphological evidence and the molecular phylogenetic markers cox3, ITS-2 and the rbcL-S spacer...
- Analysis of the Mitochondrial Genome in Hypomyces aurantius Reveals a Novel Twintron Complex in FungiYoujin Deng
Mycological Research Center, College of Life Sciences, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Fuzhou 350002, China
Int J Mol Sci 17:. 2016..introns were detected in six conserved genes: five in cox1, four in rnl, three in cob, two each in atp6 and cox3, and one in cox2...
- Complete Mitochondrial Genome of the Citrus Spiny Whitefly Aleurocanthus spiniferus (Quaintance) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae): Implications for the Phylogeny of WhitefliesZhi Teng Chen
School of Horticulture Plant Protection and Institute of Applied Entomology, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, 225009, China
PLoS ONE 11:e0161385. 2016..spiniferus mitogenome had a large degree of rearrangement due to translocation of the nad3-trnG-cox3 gene cluster...
- Biology of the Marine Heterotrophic Dinoflagellate Oxyrrhis marina: Current Status and Future DirectionsZhiling Guo
Key Laboratory of Tropical Marine Bio resources and Ecology, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Science, Guangzhou 510301, China
Microorganisms 1:33-57. 2013..g., a single histone-like DNA-associated protein, cob-cox3 gene fusion, 5' oligo-U cap in the mitochondrial transcripts of protein-coding genes, the absence of mRNA ..
- Complete mitochondrial genome of parasitic nematode Cylicocyclus nassatus and comparative analyses with Cylicocyclus insigneYuan Gao
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Heilongjiang Bayi Agricultural University, Daqing, Heilongjiang Province 163319, PR China Electronic address
Exp Parasitol 172:18-22. 2016..8-6.6%) levels. The nucleotide lengths of the 12 protein-coding genes were the same, except for cox3 which was longer in C. insigne...
- Genetic variability in the three mitochondrial genes among Oesophagostomum asperum isolates from different regions in Shaanxi and Hunan Provinces, ChinaYan Qing Jia
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi Province 712100, People s Republic of China
Mitochondrial DNA 25:298-302. 2014..NADH dehydrogenase subunit 5 (nad5), adenosine triphosphate subunit 6 (atp6) and cytochrome c oxidase subunit 3 (cox3), among Oesophagostomum asperum isolates from different regions in Shaanxi and Hunan provinces, China...
- Megakaryocytic differentiation of K562 cells induced by PMA reduced the activity of respiratory chain complex IVRui Huang
Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing, China State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 9:e96246. 2014..Furthermore, we found that the level of the complex IV core subunit COX3 and mitochondrial transport-related proteins Tim9 and Tim10 were decreased during the differentiation of K562 cells ..
- A peptide fragment from the human COX3 protein disrupts association of Mycobacterium tuberculosis virulence proteins ESAT-6 and CFP10, inhibits mycobacterial growth and mounts protective immune responseSachin Kumar Samuchiwal
Recombinant Gene Products Group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, ICGEB, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi 110067, India
BMC Infect Dis 14:355. 2014..The disruption of crucial protein-protein interactions, especially those that are responsible for virulence in Mycobacterium tuberculosis - for example the ESAT-6:CFP10 complex - are a worthy pursuit in this direction...
- Antagonistic signals within the COX2 mRNA coding sequence control its translation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondriaElizabeth H Williams
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 2703, USA
RNA 9:419-31. 2003..leader sequences, as they are also observed when the same reporter constructs are expressed from the COX3 locus...
- The Hig1 protein family and the cytochrome c oxidase complexRosemary A Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2012..Moreover, we demonstrate that Hig1 proteins physically interact with subunit 3 (Cox3) prior to and following its assembly into the COX complex...
- Protein-Facilitated Group I Intron SplicingMark Caprara; Fiscal Year: 2006..A co-crystal of IAniI and its DNA target site diffracts to high resolution and the resulting structure will provide a powerful reference to establish structure-function relationships. ..
- Mechanism of tRNA Import Into Trypanosome MitochondriaSTEPHEN HAJDUK; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, mitochondrial tRNA import may have therapeutic potential since, in contrast to trypanosomes, all mammalian mitochondrial tRNAs are encoded by mitochondrial genes. ..
- Function of mRNA Editing in TrypanosomesStephen L Hajduk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our initial studies focused on the mRNA for cytochrome c oxidase III (COIII), which we discovered was alternatively edited in Trypanosoma brucei...
- The Impact of HLA in Children Receiving HAARTAkihiko Saitoh; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will also suggest modes of pathogenesis that can lead to the development of vaccine strategies. ..