Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COPE
Description: coatomer protein complex subunit epsilon
Alias: epsilon-COP, coatomer subunit epsilon, coatomer epsilon subunit, epsilon coat protein
Publications321 found, 100 shown here
- The Ste-Justine Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Cohort Study. Part II: Perception of health, self and body image, and participation in physical activitiesM S Goldberg
Occupational and Environmental Health Section, Montreal Public Health Department, Quebec
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1562-72. 1994..Nevertheless, they had a more positive perception of self and appeared to be able to cope with their affliction and disfigurement in a positive way.
- The evaluation of function of the flail upper limb classification system: its application to unilateral brachial plexus injuriesI M Eggers
Department of Hand and Microsurgery, Medical University of Southern Africa, Medunsa, 0204, Republic of South Africa
J Hand Surg Am 26:68-76. 2001..Patients will naturally adapt in order to cope whether we encourage them or not...
- Norwegian adults' perceived need for coping skills to adjust to dental and non-dental life eventsO Haugejorden
Department of Community Dentistry, University of Bergen, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:57-61. 1993..the purpose of the present study was to determine how Norwegian adults rate the need for adjustment to cope with losing teeth or getting dentures, relative to some other life events, and to study effects of age, gender, ..
- Biological features of women's alcohol use: a reviewP M Roman
Institute for Behavioral Research, University of Georgia, Athens
Public Health Rep 103:628-37. 1988..It appears that alcohol may be used as a self-medication to cope with perceived problems of sexuality...
- [Analysis of the current status of asthma education for children and adolescents in German-speaking countries]R Szczepanski
Pneumologie 47:583-7. 1993Systematic training of children and adolescents to cope with asthma has been practised in Germany for long years parallel to the development of training for adult asthmatics...
- [Principles and methods of influenza epidemiology: with special reference to field evaluation of vaccine efficacy]Y Hirota
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 68:1293-305. 1994..To cope with these, the following measures are essential in conducting epidemiologic study on influenza...
- Evaluation and emergency treatment of headacheS D Silberstein
Comprehensive Headache Center, Germantown Hospital and Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19144
Headache 32:396-407. 1992..Occasionally, patients present with a chronic headache disorder with which they can no longer cope. The new International Headache Society Classification of Headache is reviewed along with the differential ..
- [A strategy for optimal standardized education of patients with obstructive respiratory tract diseases]W Petro
Klinik Bad Reichenhall,
Pneumologie 44:110-1. 1990..These patients are better informed and are better able to cope with their disease on a day-to-day basis, while therapeutic discipline is improved...
- Responses of the digestive tract of the omnivorous northern brown bandicoot, Isoodon macrourus (Marsupialia: Peramelidae), to plant- and insect-containing dietsK L McClelland
Institute of Wildlife Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Comp Physiol B 169:411-8. 1999..of the morphologically rather simple digestive tract of northern brown bandicoots helps to explain their ability to cope with naturally variable diets consisting of mainly invertebrates in summer to much more plant and fungal material ..
- [Demand for neuropediatric services in a general referral hospital. III. Diagnosis]J Lopez-Pison
Sección de Neuropediatría, Hospital Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Espana
Rev Neurol 25:1896-905. 1997....
- Missouri's parental consent law and teen pregnancy outcomesV H Pierson
State Center for Health Statistics, Missouri Department of Health, Jefferson City 65102 0570, USA
Women Health 22:47-58. 1995..The increasing number of births to unmarried mothers under the age of 18 suggest the need for specific services to help these young mothers cope.
- Posture in otoneurology. Volume IM E Norre
Department of Otoneurology and Equilibriometry, University Hospitals, University of Leuven
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 44:55-181. 1990..Built-in adaptive mechanisms cope with this disturbance and restore global balance function...
- Effects of a high lipidic diet on murine energetic reserves in food deprivationJ Cartañà
Departament d Enginyeria Quimica i Bioquimica, Facultat de Ciències Químiques de Tarragona, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Horm Metab Res 21:606-11. 1989..Cafeteria mice were able to cope with prolonged starvation with altered plasma composition and important loss of lipids and protein, sparing to a ..
- [The effects of terrorist attacks on European Holocaust survivors compared to Greek Holocaust survivors]Dov Zloof
Department of Family Medicine, Rabin Medical Center, Israel
Harefuah 143:250-3, 320. 2004..survivors: Jews of Greece and Jews of Eastern and Western Europe, while assessing their psychological ability to cope with the wave of terrorism against the Israeli population...
- Adolescent and adult cystic fibrosis patients: how to leave home when you are depending on it?A Lampo
Academic Hospital, Free University of Brussel, Belgium
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 36:228-30. 1990..Independency is only one aspect and can not be considered on its own. We have to look at all technical, psychological and social adjustment problems those patients and their parents have to cope with.
- Adaptations of the reed frog Hyperolius viridiflavus (Amphibia: Anura: Hyperoliidae) to its arid environment. VI. The iridophores in the skin as radiation reflectorsF Kobelt
Zoologisches Institut III, Biozentrum, , FRG
J Comp Physiol B 162:314-26. 1992..In dry season state, H. viridiflavus needs a much higher reflectance to cope with the problems of high solar radiation load during long periods with severe dehydration stress...
- Migraine headaches: coping efficacy of guided imagery trainingG E Ilacqua
Ministry of Correctional Services, Vanier Centre, Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Headache 34:99-102. 1994..Nevertheless the implementation of guided imagery training resulted in subjective reports of improved capacity to cope with the pain and in subjective reports of a reduced perception of the pain itself, although objective measures did ..
- Age related macular degeneration and visual disabilityJohn B Christoforidis
Department of Ophthalmology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Curr Drug Targets 12:221-33. 2011..of AMD has limitations and affected patients are often referred for low vision rehabilitation to help them cope with their remaining eyesight...
- Cost reduction strategies used by elderly patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease to cope with a generic-only pharmacy benefitMichele M Spence
Kaiser Permanente, 12254 Bellflower Blvd, Downey, CA 90242, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 12:377-82. 2006..Generic-only pharmacy benefits may present more of a burden to patients with chronic disease conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), where generic drug therapy choices are more limited...
- Anaerobic survival potential of four bivalves from different habitats. A comparative surveyJose M F Babarro
Netherlands Institute of Ecology, Centre for Estuarine and Coastal Ecology NIOO CEMO, P O Box 140, 4400 AC Yerseke, The Netherlands
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 151:108-13. 2008..According to survival performances of the individuals, intertidal animals that use to cope with tidal fluctuations in the coastline (emersion processes) had an extraordinary greater capacity to survive ..
- Creating opportunities for parent empowerment: program effects on the mental health/coping outcomes of critically ill young children and their mothersBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
School of Nursing, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Pediatrics 113:e597-607. 2004..of a preventive educational-behavioral intervention program, the Creating Opportunities for Parent Empowerment (COPE) program, initiated early in the intensive care unit hospitalization on the mental health/psychosocial outcomes of ..
- Objective assessment of compliance with treatments in acneS S Zaghloul
Department of Dermatology, The General Infirmary, Leeds LS1 3EX, U K
Br J Dermatol 152:1015-21. 2005..on cultural and social aspects, which play a significant role in the attitude of the individuals and how they cope with the condition. Compliance with treatment regimen is an essential element in overall effectiveness of therapy.
- Adverse effects of nicotine and interleukin-1beta on autoresuscitation after apnea in piglets: implications for sudden infant death syndromeJ F Frøen
Department of Pediatric Research, Institute of Surgical Research, The National Hospital, University of Oslo
Pediatrics 105:E52. 2000..that postnatal exposure to tobacco constituents and infections might adversely affect an infant's ability to cope with an apneic episode...
- Using practical quality improvement approaches and tools in reproductive health services in east AfricaM B Dohlie
Quality Improvement Program, AVSC International, New York, NY 10001, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Improv 25:574-87. 1999..THE QI PACKAGE: AVSC and its local partners developed Client-Oriented, Provider-Efficient Services (COPE), a problem-solving process and set of tools to involve all levels of site staff members in assessing and improving ..
- [Dealing with asthma for teachers--needs and possibilities]R Szczepanski
Pneumologie 55:512-9. 2001..Teachers have to care for 2 to 4 children or adolescents with asthma in an average class; but they feel that they are not adequately informed to cope with such problems.
- The impact of culture on physician stress and copingD M Post
Department of Family Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus 43201, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 89:585-90. 1997..Research participants described various learned strategies that enabled them to cope more effectively...
- Effect of water restriction on energy and water balance and osmoregulation of the fruit bat Rousettus aegyptiacusZ Arad
Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
J Comp Physiol B 163:401-5. 1993..The effective regulation of energy and water budgets during water restriction suggests that the fruit bat can cope with seasonal climatic changes and with variable fruit supply during various seasons.
- [Hygiene problems with ornamental birds in the household]O Siegmann
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B 187:527-32. 1989..This requires to reconsider governmental measures to cope with this disease including policies of bird import as one of the major reasons for spreading the disease...
- Clinical evaluation of antimalarial regimens in JapanH Ohtomo
Department of Parasitology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 264:513-20. 1987..There are a lot of problems to be solved quickly to cope with the situation: people who travel abroad should be enlightened on the danger of the infection of malaria and ..
- Possible mechanisms underlying the antiaging actions of caloric restrictionE J Masoro
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio 78284 7756, USA
Toxicol Pathol 24:738-41. 1996..The other relates to the enhanced ability of the rodents restricted in food intake to cope with challenges, which in turn has been linked to the glucocorticoid system and to the heat-shock protein system.
- Preparing for war: lessons learned from U.S. Army flight nurses of World War IIJ Barger
Wilford Hall, U.S. Air Force Medical Center, SGHNM, Lackland Air Force Base, TX
Aviat Space Environ Med 62:772-5. 1991..As part of a larger study of how military nurses cope with war, 25 former U.S...
- Job loss, retirement and the mental health of older AmericansBidisha Mandal
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 11:167-76. 2008Millions of older individuals cope with physical limitations, cognitive changes, and various losses such as bereavement that are commonly associated with aging...
- Microbial iron management mechanisms in extremely acidic environments: comparative genomics evidence for diversity and versatilityHéctor Osorio
Center for Bioinformatics and Genome Biology, Fundación Ciencia para la Vida, MIFAB, Santiago, Chile
BMC Microbiol 8:203. 2008..very little is known about how acidophilic bacteria, especially those used for industrial copper bioleaching, cope with environmental iron loads that can be 1018 times the concentration found in pH neutral environments...
- Chronic fatigue syndrome among overseas development workers: A qualitative studyD M Lovell
Oxford University Psychiatry Department, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, England
J Travel Med 6:16-23. 1999..Factors which had helped respondents cope with these difficulties included religious beliefs; comparisons with people who were worse off than they were; ..
- Recurrent headache, coping, and quality of life in children: a reviewI Bandell-Hoekstra
Department of Health Care Studies, Centre for Nursing Research, The Netherlands.; Department of General Practice, The Netherlands
Headache 40:357-70. 2000..of life (QoL) and to present a literature review of the strategies that children with recurrent headaches use to cope with their pain, the impact of recurrent headaches on children's QoL, and the influence of personal and situational ..
- Breath biomarkers networking sessions at PittCon 2010, Orlando, FloridaJoachim D Pleil
National Exposure Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, US Environmental Protection Agency
J Breath Res 4:029001. 2010
- A novel immunoprecipitation strategy identifies a unique functional mimic of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor family ligands in the pathogen Trypanosoma cruziBo Lu
Parasitology Research Center, Department of Pathology, Tufts University School of Medicine, 150 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Infect Immun 76:3530-8. 2008..to the heart, nervous system, and other parts of the body via the circulatory system, the parasite must also cope with additional receptors in the immune system and vascular endothelium...
- Efficacy of sustained-release radioprotective drugs in vivoJ Shani
Department of Pharmacology, Hebrew University School of Pharmacy, Jerusalem, Israel
Z Naturforsch C 42:1323-7. 1987..this laboratory we suggested the use of radioprotective drugs in a sustained-release form as a practical way to cope with their high toxicity and quick metabolism and excretion...
- [SIDAS 2010: mobile 10-channel unit for the diagnosis of sleep-related respiratory disorders]H Schneider
Med. Poliklinik Marburg, , Marburg
Pneumologie 45:223-8. 1991..To cope with the large number of patients with severe SRBD we developed a mobile 10-channel unit (SIDAS 2010) designed for ..
- How plants cope with foreign compounds. Translocation of xenobiotic glutathione conjugates in roots of barley (Hordeum vulgare)Peter Schroder
Department of Microbe Plant Interactions, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, 85758 Oberschleissheim, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 14:114-22. 2007..This could mean that plants possess an excretion system for unwanted compounds giving them similar advantages as animals...
- Heroin-assisted treatment in Switzerland: a case study in policy changeAmbros Uchtenhagen
Research Institute on Public Health and Addiction at Zurich University, Zurich, Switzerland
Addiction 105:29-37. 2010..a pragmatic national drug policy when the former conservative abstinence-orientated politics proved unable to cope with an escalating number of users and related negative consequences for public health and public order...
- Analgesic drug taking: beliefs and behavior among headache patientsA Ferrari
Headache Center, Toxicology and Clinical Pharmacology Department, University of Modena, Italy
Headache 37:88-94. 1997..The questionnaire invited patients to indicate how they themselves thought they should best cope with their headache, and how they actually did so in practice...
- Intermolecular cope-type hydroamination of alkenes and alkynes using hydroxylaminesJoseph Moran
Centre for Catalysis Research and Innovation, Department of Chemistry, University of Ottawa, 10 Marie Curie, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 130:17893-906. 2008The development of the Cope-type hydroamination as a method for the metal- and acid-free intermolecular hydroamination of hydroxylamines with alkenes and alkynes is described...
- Study of applicability of various solid-phase extraction materials for sample handling in screening analysis of organic micropollutants in waterP Tölgyessy
Water Research Institute, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Chromatogr A 857:247-54. 1999..A wide choice of materials available on the market makes SPE a suitable tool to cope with an increasing variability of organic compounds entering the hydrosphere...
- Position stand on androgen and human growth hormone useJay R Hoffman
Department of Health and Exercise Science, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, 08628, USA
J Strength Cond Res 23:S1-S59. 2009..Optimizing nutritional strategies are a vital interface to help cope with exercise and sport demands ()...
- Role of religion and spirituality in medical patients: confirmatory results with the SpREUK questionnaireArndt Bussing
Krebsforschung Herdecke, Department of Applied Immunology and Cancer Service, Herdecke Community Hospital, Gerhard Kienle Weg 4, 58313 Herdecke, Germany
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:10. 2005..has become a subject of interest in health care as it is was recognized to have the potential to prevent, heal or cope with illness...
- Paleoclimate and evolution: emergence of sponges during the neoproterozoicWerner E G Muller
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Abteilung Angewandte Molekularbiologie, Universitat, Duesbergweg 6, Mainz, Germany
Prog Mol Subcell Biol 47:55-77. 2009In the last 15 years, we had to cope with many technological and conceptual obstacles. The major hindrance was the view that sponges are primitive and exist separated from the other metazoan organisms...
- Research issues in the study of very low birthweight and preterm delivery among African-American womenD L Rowley
Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3724
J Natl Med Assoc 86:761-4. 1994..Strategies already exist in the community to cope with discrimination and other environmental stressors...
- Basilar vasospasm diagnosis: investigation of a modified "Lindegaard Index" based on imaging studies and blood velocity measurements of the basilar arteryJean F Soustiel
Department of Neurosurgery, Rambam Medical Center, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, The Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Stroke 33:72-7. 2002..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the potential additional value of an intracranial/extracranial FV ratio in the posterior circulation to cope with this shortcoming of the TCD in the diagnosis of BA vasospasm.
- The adaptive response in radiobiology: evolving insights and implicationsS Wolff
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, USA
Environ Health Perspect 106:277-83. 1998..radiation, like very low doses of chemical agents, could induce mechanisms whereby cells become better fit to cope with subsequent exposures to high doses were carried out on the induction of chromosome aberrations in cultures of ..
- Inhibitory effect of mannan on the toxicity produced in mice fed aflatoxin B1 contaminated cornE Madrigal-Santillán
Laboratorio de Genetica, Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas, I P N, Sto Tomas, Mexico
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 53:466-72. 2007..Therefore, we evaluated the capacity of mannan to cope with its genotoxic potential...
- [Coping psychologically with amputation]M Schulz
Amputierte e V, Wermelskirchen
Vasa 38:72-4. 2009..The following article is about how people learn to cope with this difficult situation; with the practical problems of everyday life as well as their emotional problems...
- Parasites, democratization, and the liberalization of values across contemporary countriesRandy Thornhill
Department of Biology, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc 84:113-31. 2009..producing values and associated behaviours that functioned adaptively in human evolutionary history to cope with local levels of infectious diseases...
- Crystal structure of alpha-COP in complex with epsilon-COP provides insight into the architecture of the COPI vesicular coatKuo Chiang Hsia
Laboratory of Cell Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11271-6. 2010..These data suggest that the heterodimer is exposed on COPI vesicles, while the remaining part of the B-subcomplex oligomerizes underneath into a cage...
- The role of peer communication in the socialization of adolescents' pain experiences: a qualitative investigationJill E Hatchette
Interdisciplinary Research, IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K 6R8, Canada
BMC Pediatr 8:2. 2008Recurrent pain is a common complaint among adolescents. Children learn to resolve or cope with pain largely through family dynamics, particularly maternal influences...
- Coping mechanisms of parents of children recently diagnosed with autism in Taiwan: a qualitative studyChing Rong Lin
School of Nursing, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Clin Nurs 17:2733-40. 2008..To understand the coping mechanisms of Taiwanese parents whose children have recently been diagnosed with autism...
- [Validation study of the 10-channel Sidas 2010 registration unit for diagnosis of sleep-related respiratory disorders]L Grote
Med. Poliklinik, Zeitreihenlabor,
Pneumologie 47:130-3. 1993..the Mobile 10-Channel Unit SIDAS 10, a recording instrument for diagnosing sleep-related breathing disorders, to cope with the large number of patients requiring to be diagnosed...
- Perceived factors influencing the initiation of drug and alcohol use among homeless women and reported consequences of useA Nyamathi
University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1702, USA
Women Health 29:99-114. 1999..lesser extent current alcohol users only, had suffered traumatic childhood events and family dysfunction and had to cope with low self-esteem, emotional distress, and poor physical health...
- Mobile therapy: case study evaluations of a cell phone application for emotional self-awarenessMargaret E Morris
Digital Health Group, Intel Corporation, Beaverton, OR, USA
J Med Internet Res 12:e10. 2010..Emotional awareness and self-regulation are important skills for improving mental health and reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease. Cognitive behavioral therapy can teach these skills but is not widely available...
- The health and well-being of caregivers of children with cerebral palsyParminder Raina
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster Evidence based Practice Centre, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Pediatrics 115:e626-36. 2005..It is not fully understood why some caregivers cope well and others do not...
- Chemical warfare agents: estimating oral reference dosesD M Opresko
Life Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN 37831, USA
Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 156:1-183. 1998..or pathological lesions that affect the performance of the whole organism or which reduce an organism's ability to cope with additional challenge...
- Ambulatory blood pressure in air traffic controllersR Sega
Cattedra di Medicina Interna, , Italy
Am J Hypertens 11:208-12. 1998..Thus daily life BP is not increased in ATC. This may result from the fact that, being a highly selected group with suitable training, these subjects adequately cope with the stress inherent to the job.
- Getting by on credit: how district health managers in Ghana cope with the untimely release of fundsAugustine D Asante
National Centre in HIV Social Research, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 6:105. 2006..This paper examines how the untimely release of public sector health funds in Ghana affects district health activities and the way district managers cope with the situation.
- Sensitivity of biochemical markers to evaluate cadmium stress in the freshwater diatom Nitzschia palea (Kützing) W. SmithDiana Branco
Centre for Cell Biology, Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Aquat Toxicol 99:109-17. 2010..The present study was planned to determine the biochemical mechanisms used by freshwater diatoms to cope with cadmium stress and to identify biomarkers of metal stress. For this, Nitzschia palea (Kützing) W...
- A single point mutation in epsilon-COP results in temperature-sensitive, lethal defects in membrane transport in a Chinese hamster ovary cell mutantQ Guo
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 271:11191-6. 1996..ldlF cells should be useful for the future analysis of the structure and function of epsilon-COP, the assembly of COPs into coatomers, and the participation of coatomers in intracellular membrane transport...
- Education about pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy of anxiety among primary care physicians in Croatia: Balint group approachStanislava Stojanović-Špehar
GP Office Stanislava Stojanović Spehar, Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 45:625-9. 2004Balint groups help general practitioners to be sensitive to the psychological needs of anxiety patients and cope with their stress and mental health...
- Temporal mismatch between induction of superoxide dismutase and ascorbate peroxidase correlates with high H2O2 concentration in seawater from clofibrate-treated red algae Kappaphycus alvareziiMarcelo P Barros
Centro de Ciencias Biologicas e da Saude, Universidade Cruzeiro do Sul, Sao Paulo, SP 08060 070, Brazil
Arch Biochem Biophys 420:161-8. 2003Algal cells have developed different strategies to cope with the common environmentally promoted generation of H(2)O(2), which include induction of catalase (CAT) and ascorbate peroxidase (APX), massive H(2)O(2) release in seawater, and ..
- The health of women married to men in regular army service: women who cannot afford to be illO Anson
Department of Sociology of Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Faculty of Health Sciences, Beer Sheva, Israel
Women Health 20:33-45. 1993..It is suggested that women who are married to army men learn to cope with instability and with limited access to salutary factors, but the lay referral system is irreplaceable.
- [Neuropsychological and psychiatric problems in epileptic children]M Nagahata
Institute of Special Education, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki
No To Hattatsu 22:143-8. 1990..It is necessary to assist epileptic children to cope with the disease they have...
- [Autism and nursing. Facilitated communication: significance of and use to the nursing of persons with autism with severe disabilities of action and communication]Liliane Beste
Studiengang Pflegepädagogik, Katholischen Fachhochschule Köln, Germany
Pflege 20:15-33. 2007..The caregivers of the persons affected must perform a constant and very demanding care, if they want to cope with daily life and strive for a meaningful social existence...
- Effectiveness of the nursing programme 'Coping with itch': a randomized controlled study in adults with chronic pruritic skin diseaseH van Os-Medendorp
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 156:1235-44. 2007..programme 'Coping with Itch' aims at reducing itch and at helping patients with chronic pruritic skin diseases cope with itch. The programme consists of educational and cognitive behavioural interventions...
- Contrasting plant physiological adaptation to climate in the native and introduced range of Hypericum perforatumJohn L Maron
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana 59812, USA
Evolution 61:1912-24. 2007How introduced plants, which may be locally adapted to specific climatic conditions in their native range, cope with the new abiotic conditions that they encounter as exotics is not well understood...
- A comparison of HIV positive and negative pregnant women at a public sector hospital in South AfricaCandice Bodkin
Department of Nursing Education, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Gauteng, South Africa
J Clin Nurs 15:735-41. 2006..The aim of the study was to compare HIV positive and negative pregnant women with respect to maternal and neonatal outcome to inform the development of clinical practice guidelines...
- Adaptive enhancement and kinetics of nucleotide excision repair in humansN Ye
Beckman Research Institute, Department of Biology, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Mutat Res 435:43-61. 1999An adaptive response, low doses of a mutagen rendering cells more able to subsequently cope with higher doses of that or a related challenging mutagen, enhances nucleotide excision repair in human fibroblasts...
- Highly efficient uptake of phosphorus in epiphytic bromeliadsUwe Winkler
Functional Ecology Group, Universitat Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Germany
Ann Bot 103:477-84. 2009Vascular epiphytes which can be abundant in tree crowns of tropical forests have to cope with low and highly intermittent water and nutrient supply from rainwater, throughfall and stem flow...
- Morphologic and morphometric analysis of testis of Pseudis limellum (Cope, 1862) (Anura, Hylidae) during the reproductive cycle in the Pantanal, BrazilAdelina Ferreira
Departamento de Biologia e Zoologia, Universidade Federal do Mato Grosso, Brasil
Biocell 32:185-94. 2008..Although males varied in their annual reproductive activity, they were considered potentially reproductive in all months throughout the year...
- [Treadmill ergometry with submaximal load in children and adolescents with mucoviscidosis (CF)]T Eichinger
Pneumologie 45:906-9. 1991Patients suffering from mucoviscidosis can improve their quality of life and can cope with greater physical load if they undergo intensive treatment...
- [Medical care at schools for children with physical handicaps]R Kuritani
Osaka-fu Ibaragi School for the Handicapped Children, Osaka, Japan
No To Hattatsu 28:220-4. 1996..We have to realize the above urgently, since it is the matter of life and death for children. We have to cope with the problems of consolidation of faculties at schools, substantial in service training for teachers, ..
- The role of medical counseling in secondary prevention of cancer in the elderlyS Giunta
Italian National Research Centers on Aging, Ancona
Tumori 79:297-300. 1993..The analysis herein reported points out the specific skills and methods that physicians can adopt to cope with the eventually adverse influences that may affect the participation of the elderly in SPC initiatives...
- Affordability of medicines and patients' cost-reducing behaviour: empirical evidence based on SUR estimates from Italy and the UKVincenzo Atella
Centre of International Studies on Economic Growth CEIS Dipartimento di Studi Economico Finanziari e Metodi Quantitativi SEFEMEQ, Faculty of Economics, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 4:23-35. 2005..Far less is known about how patients cope with the cost of medication, particularly if affordability is an issue, and how this compares across two countries ..
- Variability of aliphatic glucosinolates in Arabidopsis and their influence on insect resistanceF Rohr
Humboldt University Berlin, Institute for Horticultural Science, Urban Horticulture Lentzeallee 55, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 71:507-15. 2006Due to the sessile nature of plants they have to cope up dynamically with diverse biotic and abiotic stressors...
- Landscape structure and hierarchical genetic diversity in the brook charr, Salvelinus fontinalisV Castric
Departement de Biologie, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Evolution 55:1016-28. 2001..and consequences of biotic distributions in space is fundamental to our understanding of how species evolve and cope with particular environments...
- Acetylcarnitine and cellular stress response: roles in nutritional redox homeostasis and regulation of longevity genesVittorio Calabrese
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Section, Faculty of Medicine, University of Catania, 95100 Catania, Italy
J Nutr Biochem 17:73-88. 2006Aging is associated with a reduced ability to cope with physiological challenges...
- How to achieve higher repeatability and reproducibility in capillary electrophoresisT Faller
Institute of Instrumental and Environmental Analysis, University of the Saarland, Germany
J Chromatogr A 853:83-94. 1999..with identical peak areas or with identical peak heights it could be shown that the newly introduced softwares can cope better with the leading or tailing peaks. The RSD of quantitation strongly depends on the signal-to-noise ratio...
- General diseases and dental treatability of the institutionalized elderly Finnish populationR Ekelund
Department of Cariology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 16:159-62. 1988..ability and cooperation during interview, on a clinical oral examination, and on the subjects' ability to cope with the stress of an interview and examination...
- Quaternary history and contemporary patterns in a currently expanding speciesCarole Kerdelhué
INRA, UMR1202 BIOGECO, F 33610 Cestas, France
BMC Evol Biol 9:220. 2009..dramatically affected the present-day distribution of genetic diversity and may influence the ability of species to cope with the current global changes...
- I am doing the best that I can!: Living with inflammatory bowel disease and/or irritable bowel syndrome (part II)Paula C Fletcher
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Clin Nurse Spec 22:278-85. 2008..The literature reports different mechanisms by which to cope with a GI disorder; however, few studies have focused on the life experiences/coping abilities from the perspective ..
- Short- and long-term changes in proteome composition and kinetic properties in a culture of Escherichia coli during transition from glucose-excess to glucose-limited growth conditions in continuous culture and vice versaL M Wick
Swiss Federal Institute for Environmental Science and Technology EAWAG, PO Box 611, Uberlandstrasse 133, CH 8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
Environ Microbiol 3:588-99. 2001To investigate the ability of Escherichia coli K12 MG1655 to cope with excess and limitation of a carbon and energy source, we studied the changes in kinetic properties and two-dimensional (2D) gel protein patterns of an E. coli culture...
- Clinical cancer research--some aspects on doctors' attitudes to informing participantsN Lynoe
Department of Social Medicine, Umea University, Sweden
Acta Oncol 35:749-54. 1996..A majority of the physicians maintain that cancer patients are able to cope with adequate information but 45% of the doctors fear that the patients may withdraw from participating if they are ..
- A complex relationship between co-occurring social anxiety and alcohol use disorders: what effect does treating social anxiety have on drinking?Suzanne E Thomas
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Charleston Alcohol Research Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:77-84. 2008Individuals with social anxiety disorder and co-occurring alcohol problems report using alcohol to cope with anxiety symptoms. Interventions that reduce both social anxiety and drinking are needed...
- The concept of rural community practice (RCP)N Ole Nielsen
Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph, ON, Canada
J Vet Med Educ 33:549-53. 2006The need to devote more human resources to veterinary public practice to cope with escalating threats to biological security, public health, and economic prosperity, while also addressing societal value changes, has been widely recognized ..
- Chemotherapy: the effect of oral cryotherapy on the development of mucositisSerife Karagozoglu
Cumhuriyet University School of Nursing, Sivas, Turkey
J Clin Nurs 14:754-65. 2005..The aim of this study is to investigate the effect of oral cryotherapy on the development of chemotherapy-induced mucositis in patients administered combined chemotherapy...
- Functional status and patient satisfaction: a comparison of ischemic heart disease, obstructive lung disease, and diabetes mellitusVincent S Fan
Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98108 1597, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:452-9. 2005..To determine the extent to which chronic illness and disease severity affect patient satisfaction with their primary care provider in general internal medicine clinics...
- How do individuals cope with voice disorders? Introducing the Voice Disability Coping QuestionnaireRuth Epstein
Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital and Ear Institute, University College, London, UK
J Voice 23:209-17. 2009..individual's life beyond the vocal impairment yet, there is little reference in current literature as to how people cope with voice problems...
- Emotion regulation, affect, psychosocial functioning, and well-being in hemodialysis patientsSarah Gillanders
NHS Lothian, Edinburgh, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 51:651-62. 2008Emotion regulation refers to the psychological strategies people use to cope with such stressors as hemodialysis therapy...
- To drive or not to drive, that isn't the question-the meaning of self-regulation among older driversLaura K M Donorfio
University of Connecticut, Waterbury, CT 06702, USA
J Safety Res 40:221-6. 2009This research examines older drivers and how they rationalize and cope with their own changing psychological and physical functioning vis-à-vis self-regulation and driving.
- Well-being of mothers with infant children: a preliminary comparison of employed women and homemakersL O Walker
University of Texas, Austin
Women Health 17:71-89. 1991..Findings support the hypothesis that full-time employed mothers of infants may adopt a pattern of self-neglect to cope with work overload.
- Nurse participation in decisions regarding limitation of treatmentC T Donovan
Yale-New Haven Hospital, Connecticut
Yale J Biol Med 65:131-6. 1992..are identified: assisting patients to reach a truly autonomous choice, helping families to understand and to cope with the realities of the situation, and communicating with and encouraging open communication among all those ..
- The Zurich Study. XVIII. Obsessive-compulsive disorders and syndromes in the general populationM Degonda
Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Research Department, Switzerland
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 243:16-22. 1993..Although the longitudinal analysis showed no stability at the diagnostical level, there was some stability on the symptom level. Perhaps subjects with OCS learned in time to cope and to live with their symptoms without suffering.
- An epidemiological study of insomnia among the Japanese general populationK Kim
Department of Psychophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health, NCNP, Ichikawa-city, Chiba, Japan
Sleep 23:41-7. 2000..age, being unemployed, lack of habitual exercise, poor perceived health, psychological stress, and being unable to cope with stress were associated with an increased prevalence of insomnia...
- Studying the Daily Lives of Couples Coping with Breast CancerSCOTT DANIEL SIEGEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..face a new set of challenges beyond decreasing mortality: helping BC patients, survivors, and their family members cope with the cancer experience. The effects of BC diagnosis and treatment occur in an interpersonal context...
- Telephone-based coping skills training for COPDJames A Blumenthal; Fiscal Year: 2012..research program is to develop more effective ways to help patients with chronic lung disease and their caregivers cope more effectively with problematic symptoms, reduce distress, improve quality of life, enhance physical functioning, ..
- Communic-Aid: Support for FamiliesCYNTHIA D BAKER; Fiscal Year: 2011..Communic-Aid will meet this need by supporting caregivers as they cope throughout the illness process and improving communication between caregivers and the health care team...
- A Pilot Stress Management Intervention for High Risk Children with AsthmaAnna L Marsland; Fiscal Year: 2013..management and coping skills training program based on the principles of cognitive behavioral therapy ("I Can Cope")...
- Coping Skills Training for Spinal Cord Stimulator PatientsLaura S Porter; Fiscal Year: 2011..Clinical observations suggest that the ability of patients to cope with this pain is quite varied...
- Coping Skills Training in Heart Failure: Outcomes and MechanismsAndrew Sherwood; Fiscal Year: 2013..others has shown that coping skills training (CST), designed both to teach patients self-management skills and to cope more effectively with psychological distress associated with their medical condition, is effective for such chronic ..
- Health trajectories from age 12-32: Disparities, discrimination, &socializationJacquelynne S Eccles; Fiscal Year: 2013..Although some work has explored the impact of parents on their children's health and ability to cope with discrimination, little work has examined parents'influence on their children's health trajectories ..
- Suicidal Ideation and Alcohol Outcomes in Emerging Adult College DrinkersVivian M Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2012..among depression, severity of suicidal ideation, problem solving skills, the use of avoidant coping, drinking to cope with negative affect, impulsivity in response to negative affect (i.e...
- Web-based learning simulations to help youths cope when a parent or sibling has aYVONNE DUMAS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Adult caregivers can turn to different resources to help them cope, but uninjured youths rarely receive much assistance...
- Health Values and Minimally Important Differences in Systemic SclerosisDinesh Khanna; Fiscal Year: 2011..Sclerosis (Scleroderma, SSc) is a chronic rheumatic disease with no effective treatment or cure, in which patients cope with pain, disfigurement, disability, and feelings of helplessness, each of which can affect his or her health-..
- Self- and Family-Management Intervention in HIV+ Chinese WomenWei Ti Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the process, these women will also gain the knowledge and skills they need to cope with HIV...
- Family Communication in Coping with Ethnic Minority Breast Cancer SurvivorsJung won Lim; Fiscal Year: 2010How breast cancer survivors (BCS) and their families cope with stress experiences and communicate with each other may influence their quality of life outcomes...
- Wireless Pain Intervention Program for At Risk Youths with Sickle Cell DiseaseEufemia Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2010..The 14-page booklet is a short summary of strategies that help cope with pain (deep breathing, muscle relaxation, information on pain and the five senses, imagery), distraction ..
- Social Threat and Aging: Neural Mechanisms of Emotion RegulationRoberto Cabeza; Fiscal Year: 2013..MRI (fMRI) and diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) to investigate how older adults'emotion regulation system cope with social threat...
- Self-Management Interventions in Life-Limiting IllnessJames A Tulsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..study, "Uncertainty Management Intervention for Patients Waiting for a Liver Transplant" helps these patients cope emotionally with the stress of uncertainty...
- Treating Older Patients with Major Depression and Severe COPDGeorge S Alexopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2012..Patients with severe COPD live with daily physical discomfort, are forced to a compromised life style, and have to cope with demoralization caused by the knowledge of their inescapable deterioration and death...
- Spousal Involvement in Adherence to CPAP TreatmentLichuan Ye; Fiscal Year: 2013..focuses on developing an in-depth understanding of the couple's experiences with CPAP therapy, how the couples cope with CPAP, and the facilitators and barriers to incorporating CPAP into daily life...
- Exploring a peer-led strategy to link recent Latino immigrants to HIV testingLaura R Glasman; Fiscal Year: 2012..HIV prevention approaches, they form associations with other RLIM to obtain information and referrals and cope with barriers associated with language, skills, and legal status in the US...
- Therapeutic Pathways to Improving End of Life Outcomes Among Families in PalliatiTALIA IRIT ZAIDER; Fiscal Year: 2011..definition of palliative care includes the capacity to "offer a support system to help the family cope during the patient's illness and in their own bereavement" ...
- Early vs. Later Palliative Cancer Care: Clinical and Biobehavioral EffectsMARIE ANNE BAKITAS; Fiscal Year: 2011..manualized patient curriculum- Charting Your Course, 1b) a 4-session manualized, caregiver curriculum- the COPE program, and 1c) on-going patient and caregiver follow up;and 2) Palliative Care Team Comprehensive Assessment &..
- Problem Solving Skills Training for Parent Caregivers of Youth with Chronic PainTonya M Palermo; Fiscal Year: 2012..Parents not only play a significant role in how their children cope with chronic pain but they also can experience their own widespread social, relational, emotional and financial ..
- Brief Intervention to Improve QOL &Couple Functioning after Prostate SurgeryMichael A Diefenbach; Fiscal Year: 2012..Couples are also often ill-prepared to cope with changes in sexual and urinary functioning, impacting their quality of life and relationships...
- Webnovela for Hispanic Dementia Family CaregiversBRUNO KAJIYAMA; Fiscal Year: 2013..as racial/ethnic identity influences beliefs about dementia and family care giving role, affecting how families cope with dementia care giving and respond to interventions...
- Efficacy of Early Stage Alzheimer's Support GroupsRebecca G Logsdon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, diagnosis creates an obligation to help individuals and their families learn more about AD and cope with the impact of the diagnosis...
- Emotion-Focused Intervention for Mothers and Children Under StressJoann Wu Shortt; Fiscal Year: 2010..by strengthening the emotional skills of mothers, children, and the children's caregivers to help the family cope with the negative emotions and experiences associated with the transition home from prison...
- Enhanced Self-Appraisal After Cancer: A Bias in Survivors' Self-Report?CHRISTOPHER JOHN RECKLITIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Illness and efforts to cope with its physical and emotional effects are now understood to alter survivors'perceptions of themselves and ..
- Perinatal Loss and Bereavement in Non-Hispanic Black AdolescentsKIMBERLY H FENSTERMACHER; Fiscal Year: 2010..in knowledge for nurses who desire to offer culturally sensitive, evidence-based support to help young black women cope with bereavement following the loss of an infant...
- An Innovative Hearing Loss Prevention Approach For Infant IncubatorXun Yu; Fiscal Year: 2011..incubators are widely used in neonatal intensive care units (NICU) for the care of pre-term babies, as they cannot cope with the environment without external help...
- Wireless ECoG Recording for Epilepsy MonitoringStuart F Cogan; Fiscal Year: 2013..d) Being in bed and tethered to the wall by numerous cables makes it difficult for some patients to cope. (e) There is a risk of intracerebral hemorrhage if the cables are accidentally pulled and the grids move...
- HPA axis reactivity to stress in chronic cocaine users and healthy controlsJESSICA MARGARET RICHARDS; Fiscal Year: 2012..HPA axis from its normal state of functioning, which is hypothesized to contribute to a reduced ability to adapt or cope with additional stressors, thereby increasing one's risk of stress-induced relapse...
- Wireless Multichannel Electrocorticogram Recording for Epilepsy MonitoringStuart Cogan; Fiscal Year: 2009..the patient at all times, 3) the patient is tethered to the wall by cables making it difficult for some patients to cope;4) the long duration implantation increases the likelihood of serious infection;5) there is a risk of intracerebral ..
- Online Problem-Solving Skills Training for Mothers of Childhood Cancer PatientsOlle Jane Z Sahler; Fiscal Year: 2013..Too help mothers of newly diagnosed children cope more effectively with these challenges, we conducted randomized controlled trials (R25CA65520, R01CA098954) to ..
- Yoga for women with breast cancer undergoing radiotherapyLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Research suggests that stress-reduction programs tailored to the cancer setting may help patients cope with the acute effects of treatment and improve QOL after treatment...
- Biobehavioral Effects of Qigong During Treatment for Rectal CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research suggests that stress- reduction programs tailored to the cancer setting help patients cope with the acute effects of treatment and improve QOL after treatment...
- Videoconference CBT for Rural Breast Cancer Survivors with Cognitive ComplaintsRobert J Ferguson; Fiscal Year: 2012..therapy (CBT;Memory and Attention Adaptation Training;MAAT) designed to help cancer survivors self-manage and cope with daily memory failure...
- Language Disorders Due to Fiber Tract Disconnection in Aphasic PatientsNina Dronkers; Fiscal Year: 2013..This knowledge also helps our patients and their caregivers to understand the injury and how they can best cope with the changes in their ability to communicate.
- The Dementia Caregiver Care Planning Tool: Development and Pilot ImplementationJoseph E Gaugler; Fiscal Year: 2012..A range of psychosocial interventions exists to help family caregivers manage and cope with the various challenges of dementia...
- Reducing Stress in HIV-infected Youth Through Mindfulness TrainingERICA MARIA SMIT SIBINGA; Fiscal Year: 2011..How these youth appraise and cope with stress can ameliorate its negative effects on their lives...
- Qualitative analysis of cognitive functioning of prostate cancer survivors on ADTLISA MARIA WU; Fiscal Year: 2013..the areas of work, relationships, and activities of daily living), as well as the strategies patients have used o cope with or compensate for any cognitive and neurobehavioral impairments...
- Reducing Internalized Stigma In People with Serious Mental IllnessAmy L Drapalski; Fiscal Year: 2013..will examine the effectiveness of a group intervention designed to assist veterans with SMI to develop skills to cope more effectively with stigma and discrimination and minimize the internalization of stigmatizing beliefs and ..
- Promoting Well-Being Across Adulthood: The Role of Conflict AvoidanceKira S Birditt; Fiscal Year: 2012..People are most likely to use avoidance (e.g., do nothing) to cope with interpersonal problems and the use of avoidance increases with age, but there little research on the ..
- COPE/Healthy Lifestyles for Teens: A School-Based RCTBernadette M Melnyk; Fiscal Year: 2012..Therefore, the goal of the proposed randomized controlled trial is to test the efficacy of the COPE (Creating Opportunities for Personal Empowerment)/Healthy Lifestyles TEEN (Thinking, Feeling, Emotions & ..
- A Next-Generation Split Hook Prehensor with Enhanced Grasp FunctionalityBRADLEY D VEATCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the SBIR program, this approach maximally leverages NIH funding to directly benefit men and women who must cope daily with the limitations and consequences of upper-limb deficiencies...
- Behavioral Intervention to Reduce Breast Cancer Disparity in Underserved KoreansSunmin Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..survivors may have high stress and low QOL due to linguistic and cultural barriers that influence their ability to cope with the cancer and related problems...
- Couple-Based Mind-Body Program for Lung Cancer Patients and their PartnersKathrin Milbury; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Milbury's primary research interest focuses on how cancer patients and their spouses/partners cope together with the debilitating physical and psychological sequelae associated with the cancer diagnosis and ..
- Comparison of two guided self-help treatments for binge eating disorder Athena Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2013..IRT teaches effective ways to cope with aversive emotions and reframe faulty cognitions while reducing vulnerabilities that are likely to lead to ..
- Self-Regulation Failure: Identifying and Modifying a Risk PhenotypeTimothy J Strauman; Fiscal Year: 2012..to pursue desired goals, bring our behavior in line with internal/external standards, manage our emotions, and cope with challenges and opportunities that arise...
- A Technology-Enhanced Nursing Intervention for Hospice CaregiversGeorge Demiris; Fiscal Year: 2009..are proposing the delivery of a proven coping skills intervention for informal caregivers of home hospice patients (COPE) based on the problem-solving framework of the prepared family caregiver model, using commercially available ..
- Intervention to Reduce Alcohol Consumption in Youth Exposed to Alcohol PrenatallyMARY J O'CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2011..negative outcomes in adolescents with FASDs by providing a brief intervention that addresses strategies to cope effectively with the pressures associated with alcohol misuse...
- Project COPEGREGG ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2010..following the attacks on September 11, 2001, the New York City Police Foundation (Police Foundation) launched the COPE-Columbia Cares Program, also known as Project COPE, to address the psychological impact of the events on all ..
- LIFESTYLES AND GENERATIVITY OF CHILDLESS OLDER WOMENRobert L Rubinstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..has been found to be especially important in late life, little is known about how childless older women view and cope with the challenges of aging (e.g...
- COllaborative Care to Preserve PErformance in Cancer (COPE) TrialAndrea Lynne Cheville; Fiscal Year: 2013..and costs among 495 patients with late stage cancer in the COllaborative Care to Preserve PErformance in Cancer (COPE) Trial...
- Neurophysiological Basis of Susceptibility and Resilience to Social Defeat StressMing Hu Han; Fiscal Year: 2013..absence of stress-induced pathophysiology, but a promotable and active brain function by which animals successfully cope with stressful conditions via activation of more genes...
- Measuring Neighborhood: Key Aspects for Multiethnic Older Adults' Health StatusIrene H Yen; Fiscal Year: 2010..of their neighborhood, the resources they use in their neighborhoods, the challenges they confront, how they cope with difficulties, and their health status. The interview data will be analyzed for key themes...
- Trauma, Trauma Sequela, and Alcohol Information ProcessingJennifer P Read; Fiscal Year: 2012..This may pose a particular challenge to those already attempting to cope with post- traumatic stress...
- Understanding cognitive mechanisms of emotion regulation in agingKevin N Ochsner; Fiscal Year: 2013..both normal and abnormal emotional health in older age and foster development of interventions that enhance well- being and the ability to cope with the stress associated with the physical and cognitive decline of older age.
- Adolescent HIV Risk: Links with Unsupportive Parenting and Maladaptive CopingJASON DANIEL JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Converging evidence indicates that family variables and the manner in which individuals cope with distress and regulate emotions are important predictors of adolescent HIV risk behaviors (Brooks, Harris, ..
- Emotional engagement and relapse to alcohol use in a trauma-exposed sampleMICHELE A BEDARD-GILLIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..This relationship may be explained by theories positing that individuals with PTSD and AUD use alcohol to cope with distressing PTSD symptoms...
- MUTATIONAL ANALYSIS OF E. COLI CORE RNA POLYMERASECAROL ANNE GROSS; Fiscal Year: 2013..s direct transcription from 1000's of promoters;alternative ?s direct transcription from specific genes to cope with environmental change...
- BASICS-ED: A Momentary Intervention for Concurrent Smoking and Heavy DrinkingMary E Larimer; Fiscal Year: 2010..21, p<.0001), having a drinking problem (OR = 3.31, p<.0001), and those who reported using drinking to cope with their problems (OR=2.19, p<.05)...
- EpiC: A Cyberinfrastructure that Supports the Plug-and-Play of Datasets & AlgoriALESSANDRO contact VESPIGNANI; Fiscal Year: 2010..over multiple temporal and spatial scales, requiring applied mathematical and computational approaches that can cope with non-linear complex phenomena...
- Mobile Search for the Visually ImpairedDavid K Warland; Fiscal Year: 2013..To cope with these limitations and make any-image recognition possible, IQ Engines will develop a hybrid system that uses ..
- A CAREGIVER INTERVENTION TO IMPROVE HOSPICE OUTCOMESSusan McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2002..The intervention will be based on the COPE method (Creativity, Optimism, Planning, Expert Information)...
- Pilot of an Intervention for Caregivers of Hospice HF PatientsSusan C McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will conduct a small randomized clinical trial to determine the effect size of the HF COPE intervention for caregivers of HF patients in hospice care for selected variables including: caregiver burden, ..
- A novel assay for inhibitors of influenza A virus polymerase complex assemblyFeng Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..To better prepare us to cope with an emerging influenza pandemic and combat the rising problem of antiviral drug resistance, new classes of ..
- Remediation of Working Memory in SchizophreniaTasha Nienow; Fiscal Year: 2009..the development of mental health care services that focus on "increasing consumer's ability to successfully cope with life challenges, on facilitating recovery, and on building resilience...
- Singlet Oxygen SignalingKrishna Niyogi; Fiscal Year: 2007..organisms, from bacteria to plants and animals, have evolved sensing, signaling, and protective mechanisms to cope with various reactive oxygen species (ROS) that are inevitably generated both intra- and extracellularly...
- Oxytocin, Postnatal Experience & Adult Maternal BehaviorCort Pedersen; Fiscal Year: 2006..infancy and childhood influences the quality of parental and other social behaviors as well as the ability to cope with stress during adulthood...
- Rejection sensitivity and self-regulation in personality disordersGERALDINE A DOWNEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Unfortunately, some people find relationships overwhelming and cope in self-defeating ways, extreme forms of which are captured in Borderline (BPD) and Avoidant (APD) Personality ..
- The Influence of Emotion Regulation on the Neural Systems of Reward ProcessingMauricio Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, it is imperative that treatment options exist not only to cope with the consequences of addictions such as compulsive gambling, but also to curtail reward seeking behavior...