Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CMA1
Description: chymase 1
Alias: CYH, MCT1, chymase, chymase, alpha-chymase, chymase 1 preproprotein transcript E, chymase 1 preproprotein transcript I, chymase 1, mast cell, chymase, heart, chymase, mast cell, mast cell protease I
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- Rapid and specific conversion of precursor interleukin 1 beta (IL-1 beta) to an active IL-1 species by human mast cell chymaseH Mizutani
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Exp Med 174:821-5. 1991Secretory granules of human dermal mast cells contain a chymotrypsin-like serine proteinase called chymase. In this study, we demonstrate that the inactive cytokine, 31 kD interleukin 1 beta (IL-1 beta), can be converted rapidly to an 18 ..
- Polymorphism in the angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AGTR1) is associated with age at diagnosis in pulmonary arterial hypertensionWendy K Chung
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 28:373-9. 2009..The renin angiotensin aldosterone system (RAAS) provides a set of candidate genes that could modulate pulmonary vascular disease similar to its effects on renal and peripheral vasculature...
- Cloning of the gene and cDNA for human heart chymaseH Urata
Department of Heart and Hypertension Research, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195 5069
J Biol Chem 266:17173-9. 1991We have recently identified and characterized a chymotrypsin-like serine proteinase in human heart (human heart chymase) that is the most catalytically efficient enzyme described, thus far, for the cleavage of angiotensin I to yield ..
- Identification of a highly specific chymase as the major angiotensin II-forming enzyme in the human heartH Urata
Department of Heart and Hypertension Research, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195 5069
J Biol Chem 265:22348-57. 1990..amino-terminal sequence, the major human cardiac Ang II-forming proteinase appears to be a novel member of the chymase subfamily of chymotrypsin-like serine proteinases...
- A novel (TG)n(GA)m repeat polymorphism 254 bp downstream of the mast cell chymase (CMA1) gene is associated with atopic asthma and total serum IgE levelsShilpy Sharma
Molecular Immunogenetics Laboratory, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Mall Road, Delhi, 110007, India
J Hum Genet 50:276-82. 2005The gene for mast cell chymase (CMA1) is an ideal candidate for investigating genetic predisposition to atopic asthma, as it is an important mediator of inflammation and remodeling in the asthmatic lung...
- Association study of mast cell chymase polymorphisms with atopyS Weidinger
Department of Dermatology and Allergy Biederstein, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
Allergy 60:1256-61. 2005..Associations analyses between the promoter polymorphism rs1800875 in the mast cell chymase gene (CMA1) and atopy-related phenotypes have yielded inconsistent results.
- Increased expression of the renin-angiotensin system and mast cell density but not of angiotensin-converting enzyme II in late stages of human heart failureMontserrat Batlle
Experimental Cardiology Laboratory, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:1117-25. 2006..Besides, there is controversy as to whether the major angiotensin II-forming-activity in heart is ACE or chymase released from mast cells...
- Genotype-phenotype associations between chymase and angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphisms in chronic systolic heart failure patientsRuthie E Amir
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Zinman College of Physical Education and Sport Sciences at the Wingate Institute, Netanya, Israel
Genet Med 10:593-8. 2008..in the myocardial remodeling process of heart failure, is generated via the angiotensin-converting enzyme and chymase pathways...
- Association of STR polymorphisms in CMA1 and IL-4 with asthma and atopy: the SAPALDIA cohortMartin Hersberger
Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, University Children s Hospital Zurich and Center for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Hum Immunol 71:1154-60. 2010..In this study, we investigated the association of STR polymorphisms in genes encoding mast cell chymase (CMA1), uteroglobin (UGB), tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) and interleukin-4 (IL-4) with asthma and atopic ..
- Mast cell chymase is present in uterine cervical carcinoma and it detaches viable and growing cervical squamous carcinoma cells from substratum in vitroNicolae Costin Diaconu
Department of Dermatology, University of Eastern Finland and Kuopio University Hospital
Arch Dermatol Res 303:499-512. 2011..The major mediators in the secretory granules of the MC(TC) type of mast cells, serine proteinases tryptase and chymase, may be involved in squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) lesions by inducing matrix remodeling and epithelial cell ..
- Blood glucose level and survival in streptozotocin-treated human chymase transgenic miceKazi Rafiq
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kagawa, Japan
Chin J Physiol 54:30-5. 2011A growing body of evidence suggests the potential role of chymase in organ injury in diabetes. We investigated blood glucose levels and survival in transgenic mice carrying the human chymase gene (Tg)...
- Cellular localization and regional distribution of an angiotensin II-forming chymase in the heartH Urata
Department of Cardiovascular Biology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195
J Clin Invest 91:1269-81. 1993..of Ang II formation in which the major Ang II-forming enzymes are angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) and chymase. Human heart chymase has recently been purified and its cDNA and gene cloned...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene A1166C polymorphism is associated with the increased risk of pregnancy-induced hypertensionK Nałogowska-Głośnicka
Department and Clinic of Internal Medicine and Diabetology, Silesian Medical University, ul 3 Maja 13 15, 41 800 Zabrze, Poland
Med Sci Monit 6:523-9. 2000..The aim of our study was to evaluate the relation of parental history of hypertension to the development of PIH, and to assess the potential role of plausible candidate loci in the susceptibility to PIH...
- Effect of protease inhibitors on angiotensin-converting enzyme activity in human T-lymphocytesV Petrov
Department of Molecular and Cardiovascular Research, KULeuven, Belgium
Am J Hypertens 13:535-9. 2000..investigations was to determine whether the aminopeptidase B and leucine aminopeptidase inhibitor bestatin, the chymase inhibitor chymostatin, the calpain inhibitor E-64, and the neutral serine protease inhibitor leupeptin affect the ..
- The role of mast cells in disc herniation inflammationA Habtemariam
Spine Research Unit, Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:1516-20. 1999..cells by using monoclonal antibodies to either of two types of specific proteases of mast cells, tryptase and chymase. RESULTS: By none of the methods could any mast cells be observed in any of the control disc samples...
- Interrupting the renin-angiotensin system: the role of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor antagonists in the treatment of hypertensionM A Weber
Department of Medicine, The Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11212, USA
Am J Hypertens 12:189S-194S. 1999..Similar favorable trends have been noted in observational studies in hypertension. Because such enzymes as chymase can substitute for ACE, the ACE inhibitors may not completely block angiotensin II formation, although they ..
- Expression of chemokines CCL5 and CCL11 by smooth muscle tumor cells of the uterus and its possible role in the recruitment of mast cellsXue Qiong Zhu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, Zhejiang Province, China
Gynecol Oncol 105:650-6. 2007..The purpose of this study was to reveal the different mast cell subsets in smooth muscle tumors of uterus and to investigate the mechanism of local increase of mast cells...
- [Effects of Staphylococcus aureus protein A on the production of primary host defense factors against S. aureus infection]N Endo
Department of Immunology, Kyorin University School of Health Sciences
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:39-45. 1997..The activity of rPA was inhibited strongly in the presence of CYH (1.0 microgram/ml)...
- Mast cells and hemangiomaSwee T Tan
Wellington Regional Plastic, Maxillofacial and Burns Unit, Hutt Hospital, New Zealand
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:999-1011. 2004..Mast cells, all of which stain positive for tryptase, and those that stain positive for chymase as well, have been identified in hemangioma biopsy specimens throughout the three developmental phases...
- Characterization of 'adult-type' mast cells derived from human bone marrow CD34(+) cells cultured in the presence of stem cell factor and interleukin-6. Interleukin-4 is not required for constitutive expression of CD54, Fc epsilon RI alpha and chymase, anY Shimizu
Department of Internal Medicine, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 32:872-80. 2002..In vitro-derived human mast cells exhibit different properties, depending in part on the source of progenitor cells. Most investigations have used fetal liver, cord blood or peripheral blood. Few have used adult bone marrow...
- [Resistance to ACE inhibitors. Myth or reality?]M C Aumont
Hopital Bichat, Service de cardiologie A, 46, rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:1008-12. 2001..angiotensin converting enzyme but also on the quality of angiotensin I and the presence of other enzymes such as chymase. A secondary increase of angiotensin II with ACE inhibitor therapy may reflect insufficient blockade of the renin-..
- The increase in tryptase- and chymase-positive mast cells is associated with partial inactivation of chymase and increase in protease inhibitors in basal cell carcinomaN C Diaconu
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, University of Kuopio, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:908-15. 2007..In basal cell carcinoma (BCC), mast cells accumulate in the peritumoral stroma. The serine proteinases tryptase and chymase are the major mediators in mast cell granules and they may exert their enzymatic activity in the BCC lesion by ..
- Mast cell heterogeneity in the human uveaC A May
Anatomisches Institut II, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Universitätsstrasse 19, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 112:381-6. 1999To identify chymase- and tryptase-positive mast cells in the human uvea, and to study their associations with different types of resident uveal cells, uveal specimens from 24 human donor eyes were cryosectioned in sagittal and tangential ..
- Phenotypical characterization, distribution and quantification of different mast cell subtypes in transmural biopsies from the gastrointestinal tract of cats with inflammatory bowel diseaseSven Kleinschmidt
Department of Pathology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bunteweg 17, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 137:190-200. 2010..Mast cells were phenotyped and quantified based on their chymase and tryptase content, by applying a combined enzyme-histochemical and immunohistochemical double-labeling ..
- Structural examination of tryptase- and chymase-positive mast cells in livers, containing metastases from gastrointestinal cancersMaya Vladova Gulubova
Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty, Thracian University, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Clin Exp Metastasis 20:611-20. 2003..are categorized into mast cells positive only for tryptase (MC(T)) and mast cells positive for both tryptase and chymase (MC(TC))...
- Activation of paracrine TGF-beta1 signaling upon stimulation and degranulation of rat serosal mast cells: a novel function for chymaseK A Lindstedt
Wihuri Research Institute, FIN 00140 Helsinki, Finland
FASEB J 15:1377-88. 2001..immunocytochemistry that isolated rat peritoneal mast cells synthesize and store large latent TGF-beta1 in their chymase 1-containing secretory granules...
- Cytokines regulate development of human mast cells from hematopoietic progenitorsTatsutoshi Nakahata
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Int J Hematol 75:350-6. 2002..for 10 weeks, expressed c-kit and contained a significant amount of histamine and tryptase and a low amount of chymase. Both tryptase-positive chymase-negative mast cells (MC(T)) and tryptase-positive chymase-positive mast cells (MC(..
- Mast cells in the kidneyTakashi Ehara
Department of Pathology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Nephrology (Carlton) 8:130-8. 2003..The development of antibodies to mast cell-specific enzymes, tryptase and chymase, has facilitated the study of mast cells in the kidney...
- Chymase-dependent conversion of Big endothelin-1 in the mouse in vivoElie Simard
Departement de Pharmacologie, Facultéde médecine et des Sciences de Santé, Universitéde Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 328:540-8. 2009The aim of this study was to identify the role of chymase in the conversion of exogenously administered Big endothelin-1 in the mouse in vivo...
- Functional activity of a monocarboxylate transporter, MCT1, in the human retinal pigmented epithelium cell line, ARPE-19Soumyajit Majumdar
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, 5005 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Mol Pharm 2:109-17. 2005..of this study was to identify and characterize the functional activity of monocarboxylic acid transporter 1 (MCT1) on the human retinal pigmented epithelium (RPE) cell line, ARPE-19, and to evaluate whether the cell line can ..
- Dog mast cell alpha-chymase activates progelatinase B by cleaving the Phe88-Gln89 and Phe91-Glu92 bonds of the catalytic domainK C Fang
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0911, USA
J Biol Chem 272:25628-35. 1997..a metallogelatinase is secreted from dog mastocytoma cells and directly activated by exocytosed mast cell alpha-chymase. The current work identifies the protease as a canine homologue of progelatinase B (92-kDa gelatinase, MMP-9), ..
- Effects of high-intensity training on MCT1, MCT4, and NBC expressions in rat skeletal muscles: influence of chronic metabolic alkalosisClaire Thomas
Universite Montpellier 1, UFR Médecine EA701, F 34295, Montpellier, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E916-22. 2007..the effects of high-intensity training, with or without induced metabolic alkalosis, on lactate transporter (MCT1 and MCT4) and sodium bicarbonate cotransporter (NBC) content in rat skeletal muscles...
- Mast cell chymase degrades apoE and apoA-II in apoA-I-knockout mouse plasma and reduces its ability to promote cellular cholesterol effluxMiriam Lee
Wihuri Research Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:1475-81. 2002Mast cell chymase is a chymotryptic heparin proteoglycan-bound neutral protease that exerts its activity in extracellular fluids...
- Monocarboxylate transporter 1 and CD147 are up-regulated by natural and synthetic peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists in livers of rodents and pigsBettina König
Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:1248-56. 2010..b>MCT1 is up-regulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha, a transcription factor that mediates ..
- Dog mast cell chymase: molecular cloning and characterizationG H Caughey
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Biochemistry 29:5166-71. 1990We cloned and characterized a cDNA coding for the complete amino acid sequence of dog mast cell chymase. The cDNA was identified by screening a dog mastocytoma cDNA library with an oligonucleotide probe based on the amino acid sequence ..
- Evidence for abundant presence of chymase-positive mast cells in the kidneys of patients with immunoglobulin A nephropathy: effect of combination therapy with prednisolone and angiotensin II receptor blocker valsartanYoshio Konishi
Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka City General Hospital, and Department of Pathology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:1517-24. 2008Several investigators have reported chymase-positive mast cells in tubulointerstitial damage. However, the significance of the presence of chymase in the pathophysiology of renal diseases is unclear...
- Cellular expression of a monocarboxylate transporter (MCT1) in the mammary gland and sebaceous gland of miceKumiko Takebe
Laboratory of Histology and Cytology, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 131:401-9. 2009..An in situ hybridization survey of major MCT subtypes detected an intense expression of MCT1 mRNA in the mammary gland, Harderian gland, and sebaceous gland...
- Lactoferrin regulates the activity of heparin proteoglycan-bound mast cell chymase: characterization of the binding of heparin to lactoferrinG Pejler
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Veterinary Medical Chemistry, Uppsala, Sweden
Biochem J 320:897-903. 1996Rat mast cell protease 1 (RMCP-1) is a secretory granule serine protease (chymase) that is recovered in vivo in a macromolecular complex with heparin proteoglycan (PG)...
- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer studies on the interaction between the lactate transporter MCT1 and CD147 provide information on the topology and stoichiometry of the complex in situMarieangela C Wilson
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:3666-72. 2002The monocarboxylate (lactate) transporters MCT1 and MCT4 require the membrane-spanning glycoprotein CD147 for their correct plasma membrane expression and function...
- Arg143 and Lys192 of the human mast cell chymase mediate the preference for acidic amino acids in position P2' of substratesMattias K Andersson
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Uppsala University, The Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
FEBS J 277:2255-67. 2010..We therefore hypothesized that Arg143 and Lys192 of human chymase mediate the preference for acidic amino acids at position P2' of substrates...
- Time course sequences of angiotensin converting enzyme and chymase-like activities during development of right ventricular hypertrophy induced by pulmonary artery constriction in dogsKensuke Orito
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, Azabu University School of Veterinary Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229 8501, Japan
Life Sci 75:1135-45. 2004ACE and chymase play crucial roles in the establishment of pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy...
- Guinea pig chymase is leucine-specific: a novel example of functional plasticity in the chymase/granzyme family of serine peptidasesGeorge H Caughey
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 283:13943-51. 2008To explore guinea pigs as models of chymase biology, we cloned and expressed the guinea pig ortholog of human chymase...
- Local angiotensin II-generating system in vascular tissues: the roles of chymaseM Miyazaki
Department of Pharmacology, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Japan
Hypertens Res 24:189-93. 2001..tissues, angiotensin II is potentially cleaved from angiotensin I by angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and chymase. It has been confirmed that vascular tissues of humans, monkeys, dogs and hamsters have a chymase-dependent ..
- Exercise rapidly increases expression of the monocarboxylate transporters MCT1 and MCT4 in rat muscleLisa Coles
Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
J Physiol 561:253-61. 2004..the effect of a single exercise session on the protein and mRNA expression of the monocarboxylate transporters MCT1 and MCT4 in rat soleus (SOL), and red (RG) and white gastrocnemius (WG) muscles...
- Significance of chymase-dependent angiotensin II formation in the progression of human liver fibrosisKoji Komeda
Departments of Pharmacology, and General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Japan
Hepatol Res 38:501-10. 2008Aim: Angiotensin II may contribute to liver fibrogenesis. In addition to angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), chymase, which is expressed by mast cells, is also known to be an angiotensin II-forming enzyme...
- Testosterone increases lactate transport, monocarboxylate transporter (MCT) 1 and MCT4 in rat skeletal muscleTaisuke Enoki
Department of Life Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo, Komaba 3 8 1, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153, Japan
J Physiol 577:433-43. 2006..In addition, we also examined the effects of testosterone treatment on plasmalemmal MCT1 and MCT4, and lactate transport into giant sarcolemmal vesicles prepared from red and white hindlimb muscles and ..
- Reaction of mast cell proteases tryptase and chymase with protease activated receptors (PARs) on keratinocytes and fibroblastsN M Schechter
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6142, USA
J Cell Physiol 176:365-73. 1998..of PARs expressed on human keratinocytes and dermal fibroblasts to the human mast cell proteases tryptase and chymase was evaluated...
- Chymase-dependent angiotensin II formation in human vascular tissueS Takai
Department of Pharmacology, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki City, Osaka, Japan
Circulation 100:654-8. 1999Some reports have suggested that, in vitro, human heart chymase in homogenates contributes little to angiotensin (Ang) II formation in the presence of natural protease inhibitors such as alpha-antitrypsin...
- The precrystalline cytoplasmic granules of alveolar soft part sarcoma contain monocarboxylate transporter 1 and CD147Marc Ladanyi
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Am J Pathol 160:1215-21. 2002..the detection of strong discrete granular cytoplasmic immunoreactivity in ASPS for monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) in the course of a broad immunohistochemical characterization of an MCT1 antibody, we studied the expression of ..
- Chymase expressing bone marrow mast cells in mastocytosis and myelodysplastic syndromes: an immunohistochemical and morphometric studyH P Horny
Institute of Pathology, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
J Clin Pathol 56:103-6. 2003Two cell specific neutral proteases, tryptase and chymase, are produced by human mast cells (MC). Tryptase is constitutively expressed by all MC, whereas chymase is found only in an MC subset...
- Expression of MCT1, MCT2 and MCT4 in the rumen, small intestine and liver of reindeer (Rangifer tarandus tarandus L.)Ninna Koho
Department of Basic Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, POB 66 Agnes Sjöberginkatu 2, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 141:29-34. 2005The expression of monocarboxylate transporters MCT1, MCT2 and MCT4 in the rumen, small intestine and liver was examined in free-ranging and captive reindeer...
- Extended substrate specificity of opossum chymase--implications for the origin of mast cell chymasesJenny M Reimer
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Program for Immunology, Uppsala University, Box 596, Husargatan 3, Biomedical Centre, SE 75124 Uppsala, Sweden
Mol Immunol 45:2116-25. 2008..The genes encoding these proteases are arranged in different loci. The mast cell chymase locus e.g...
- Increased densities of monocarboxylate transporter MCT1 after chronic hyperglycemia in rat brainMartin Canis
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 326, Heidelberg, Germany
Brain Res 1257:32-9. 2009..Previous studies reported an increased expression of monocarboxylate transporter MCT1 in brain following ketotic diet...
- Quantitation of tryptase, chymase, Fc epsilon RI alpha, and Fc epsilon RI gamma mRNAs in human mast cells and basophils by competitive reverse transcription-polymerase chain reactionH Z Xia
Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298, USA
J Immunol 154:5472-80. 1995Competitive reverse transcription-PCR assays developed for human tryptase, chymase, Fc epsilon RI alpha, and Fc epsilon RI gamma mRNA molecules were applied to the HMC-1 leukemic mast cell line, the KU812 leukemic basophil cell line, ..
- Functional evidence for a role of vascular chymase in the production of angiotensin II in isolated human arteriesV Richard
INSERM E9920 IFRMP23, Rouen University Medical School, Rouen, France
Circulation 104:750-2. 2001..This ACE-independent production of Ang II appears to be caused by serine proteases, one of which presumably is chymase. However, several serine proteases may produce Ang II, and the exact role of chymase in the vascular production ..
- Inhibition of histamine release from human mast cells by natural chymase inhibitorsShao Heng He
Allergy and Inflammation Research Institute, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou 515031, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:822-6. 2004To investigate the ability of natural chymase inhibitors to modulate histamine release from human mast cells.
- Characterization of mast cell subtypes, distribution, and antigen-induced activation in the guinea pig esophagusS Yu
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center College of Medicine, Penn State University, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Dis Esophagus 22:600-5. 2009..Immunofluorescent double staining of MC tryptase and chymase were performed in the esophagus, intestine, and skin from normal and ovalbumin (OVA) actively sensitized guinea ..
- Extended substrate specificity of rat mast cell protease 5, a rodent alpha-chymase with elastase-like primary specificityUlrika Karlson
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Uppsala University, The Biomedical Center, Box 596, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 278:39625-31. 2003..To explore this possibility, the alpha-chymase, rat mast cell protease 5 (rMCP-5), was produced as a proenzyme with a His6 purification tag and an enterokinase-..
- cDNA cloning of MCT2, a second monocarboxylate transporter expressed in different cells than MCT1C K Garcia
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9046
J Biol Chem 270:1843-9. 1995..from hamster liver yielded a cDNA encoding MCT2, a monocarboxylate transporter that is 60% identical to hamster MCT1, the first monocarboxylate transporter to be isolated...
- Rat mast cell protease 4 is a beta-chymase with unusually stringent substrate recognition profileUlrika Karlson
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Uppsala University, The Biomedical Center, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:18579-85. 2002..The serine proteases belong to either the chymase (chymotrypsin-like substrate specificity) or tryptase (trypsin-like specificity) family...
- Expansion of the mast cell chymase locus over the past 200 million years of mammalian evolutionMaike Gallwitz
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Program for Immunology, Uppsala University, P O Box 596, BMC, 75124, Uppsala, Sweden
Immunogenetics 58:655-69. 2006..The genes of these proteases are clustered in one locus, the mast cell chymase locus, in all previously investigated mammals...
- Monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) mediates transport of short-chain fatty acids in bovine caecumDoaa Kirat
Department of Veterinary Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu, Hokkaido 069 8501, Japan
Exp Physiol 91:835-44. 2006The present study was undertaken to investigate the functional role of monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) in the ruminant large intestine...
- Inhibition effect of flavonoids on monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) in Caco-2 cellsChang Koo Shim
National Research Laboratory of Transporters Targeted Drug Design, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul, 151 742, Korea
J Pharm Pharmacol 59:1515-9. 2007This study aimed to investigate the inhibition effect of flavonoids on monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) in Caco-2 cells...
- A closely linked complex of mouse mast cell-specific chymase genes on chromosome 14M F Gurish
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 268:11372-9. 1993..The mMCP-6 and mMC-CPA genes are located on chromosomes 17 and 3, respectively, whereas the four mast cell chymase genes all reside on chromosome 14 linked to a gene complex that encodes four cytotoxic T lymphocyte granzymes...
- Polarized expression of monocarboxylate transporters in human retinal pigment epithelium and ARPE-19 cellsNancy J Philp
Department of Pathology, Anatomy, and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:1716-21. 2003....
- Modulation of enzymatic activity of human mast cell tryptase and chymase by protease inhibitorsShao Heng He
Allergy and Inflammation Research Institute, Medical College of Shantou University, Shantou 515031, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 24:923-9. 2003To investigate the actions of protease inhibitors on the enzymatic activities of tryptase and chymase in similar experimental systems.
- Expression and distribution of monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) in the gastrointestinal tract of calvesD Kirat
Department of Veterinary Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, 582 1 Bunkyodai Midorimachi, Ebetsu, Hokkaido 069 8501, Japan
Res Vet Sci 79:45-50. 2005In the present study the expression and distribution of monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) along the gastrointestinal tract (rumen, reticulum, omasum, abomasum, duodenum, jejunum, ileum, cecum and colon) of calves were investigated on ..
- Distribution of monocarboxylate transporters MCT1-MCT8 in rat tissues and human skeletal muscleArend Bonen
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 31:31-9. 2006..Recently, a number of antibodies against selected MCTs (MCT1, -2, -4, and -5 to -8) have become commercially available...
- Role of chymase-dependent angiotensin II formation in monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertensive ratsKanta Kishi
Department of Pharmacology, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki City, Japan
Pediatr Res 60:77-82. 2006Angiotensin II-forming chymase is expressed in the pulmonary arteries of the monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertensive rats, but its actual role is unclear...
- Monocarboxylate transporter genes in the mammary gland of lactating cowsDoaa Kirat
Department of Veterinary Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, 582 1 Bunkyodai Midorimachi, Ebetsu, Hokkaido 069 8501, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 132:447-55. 2009This study is the first to examine the expression of the 14 monocarboxylate transporter genes (MCT1-MCT14) in the mammary gland of mammals...
- Blood clotting factor IX BM Nagoya. Substitution of arginine 180 by tryptophan and its activation by alpha-chymotrypsin and rat mast cell chymaseK Suehiro
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Biol Chem 264:21257-65. 1989..We also found that IX Nagoya is activated by alpha-chymotrypsin or rat mast cell chymase by monitoring the rate of factor X activation using a fluorogenic peptide substrate in the presence of factor ..
- Cloning and expression of the dog mast cell alpha-chymase geneG H Caughey
Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0911, USA
J Immunol 159:4367-75. 1997..Extensive homology was found in intronic and flanking sequences of the dog, human, and mouse alpha-chymase genes, but little in corresponding beta-chymase sequences...
- cis-urocanic acid induces mast cell degranulation and release of preformed TNF-alpha: A possible mechanism linking UVB and cis-urocanic acid to immunosuppression of contact hypersensitivityJ J Wille
ConvaTec, Division of Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Princeton, NJ, USA
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 12:18-27. 1999..C-UA at 1 microg/ml significantly depleted mast cell chymase, whereas trans-urocanic acid (T-UA) was relatively ineffective...
- Short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) uptake into Caco-2 cells by a pH-dependent and carrier mediated transport mechanismJ Stein
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Eur J Nutr 39:121-5. 2000..The addition of 1 mM alpha-cyano-4-hydroxycinnamate and phloretin, both known to be potent inhibitors of MCT1, decreased the uptake of 500 microM 14C-butyrate by 59.4% +/- 4.1% and 48.9% +/- 3...
- Isoform-specific regulation of the lactate transporters MCT1 and MCT4 by contractile activityA Bonen
Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 279:E1131-8. 2000..After 1 and 3 wk of chronic muscle stimulation (24 h/day), MCT1 protein expression was increased in the red muscles (+78%, P < 0.05)...
- Muscle contraction increases lactate transport while reducing sarcolemmal MCT4, but not MCT1Mio Tonouchi
Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E1062-9. 2002..05) while again reducing MCT4 (-20%, P < 0.05) but not MCT1 (P > 0.05)...
- Increased chymase in livers with autoimmune disease: colocalization with fibrosisKatsuaki Satomura
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 70:490-5. 2003b>Chymase, one of the proteases contained in human mast cells, promotes myocardial and renal interstitial fibrosis by converting angiotensin I to II (AII)...
- MCT1 confirmed in rat striated muscle mitochondriaC Eric Butz
Department of Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3140, USA
J Appl Physiol 97:1059-66. 2004We sought to test the hypothesis that monocarboxylate transporter isoform 1 (MCT1) is the inner mitochondrial membrane lactate/pyruvate transporter, and, as such, contributes to functioning of the intracellular lactate shuttle...
- Involvement of chymase-mediated angiotensin II generation in blood pressure regulationMing Li
Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Invest 114:112-20. 2004..b>Chymase, a human mast cell protease, has recently been proposed to play a role in blood pressure regulation because of ..
- Sustained swimming increases erythrocyte MCT1 during erythropoiesis and ability to regulate pH homeostasis in ratW Aoi
School od Sports Sciences, Waseda University, Japan
Int J Sports Med 25:339-44. 2004We investigated the effect of sustained swimming exercise on the increase in monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) concentration and its ability to regulate pH homeostasis in rat erythrocytes...
- Species differences in angiotensin II generation and degradation by mast cell chymasesYuichi Kunori
Teijin Institute for Biomedical Research, Hino, Tokyo, Japan
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 25:35-44. 2005..We analyzed the processing of Ang I by chymases of a variety of species (human chymase, dog chymase, hamster chymase-1, rat mast cell protease-1 [rMCP-1], mouse mast cell protease-4 [mMCP-4]) at ..
- The plasma membrane lactate transporter MCT4, but not MCT1, is up-regulated by hypoxia through a HIF-1alpha-dependent mechanismMohammed S Ullah
Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:9030-7. 2006..that expression of MCT4 mRNA and protein was increased >3-fold by a 48-h exposure to 1% O(2), whereas MCT1 expression was not increased...
- Molecular characterization and expression of a granzyme of an ectothermic vertebrate with chymase-like activity expressed in the cytotoxic cells of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus)Kesavannair Praveen
Department of Infectious Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Agriculture Drive, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Immunogenetics 58:41-55. 2006..enzyme kinetics assays suggested a preference for residues with bulky side chains at the P1 site, indicating a chymase-like activity for this protease...
- [Lactate in the brain--without turning sour]Linda Hildegard Bergersen
Anatomisk institutt og Senter for molekylaerbiologi og nevrovitenskap, Universitetet i Oslo, Postboks 1105 Blindern, 0317 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:2094-7. 2006..The brain has been shown to express three different MCTs: MCT1, MCT2 and MCT4...
- Chymase-positive mast cells play a role in the vascular component of airway remodeling in asthmaAndrea Zanini
Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, Division of Pneumology, IRCCS Rehabilitation Institute of Tradate, Tradate, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:329-33. 2007..On the contrary, up to now, no study has addressed the role of chymase-positive mast cells (MC(TC)) in microvasculature changes.
- Chymase induces profibrotic response via transforming growth factor-beta 1/Smad activation in rat cardiac fibroblastsXiao Yan Zhao
Department of Cardiology, Key Laboratory of Hypertension, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, No 1, Xinsi Street, Baqiao District, Xi an, Shaanxi 710038, PR China
Mol Cell Biochem 310:159-66. 2008Mast cell-derived chymase is implicated in myocardial fibrosis (MF), but the underlying mechanism of intracellular signaling remains unclear...
- Effect of weight loss on lactate transporter expression in skeletal muscle of obese subjectsLore Metz
Département de Physiologie des Interactions EA 701 Muscles et Pathologies chroniques, Institut de Biologie, Montpellier, France
J Appl Physiol (1985) 104:633-8. 2008..There were no differences in MCT1 expression between controls and obese subjects before and after weight loss...
- Risk reduction by preventing stroke: need for blockade of angiotensin II and catecholamines?Heinz Rupp
Heart Center, Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 23:S25-9. 2007..angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, as it is now evident that AT II is generated by other enzymes such as chymase. Angiotensin II also stimulates noradrenaline release modulated by presynaptic receptors on sympathetic nerves...
- Monocarboxylate transporter (MCT)-1 is up-regulated by PPARalphaBettina König
Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1780:899-904. 2008..that activation of PPARalpha in rats by clofibrate treatment or fasting increased hepatic mRNA concentration of MCT1. In Fao rat hepatoma cells, incubation with the PPARalpha agonist WY 14,643 increased mRNA concentration of MCT1 ..
- Gender differences in vascular reactivity to endothelin-1 (1-31) in mesenteric arteries from diabetic miceTakayuki Matsumoto
Department of Physiology and Morphology, Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Peptides 29:1338-46. 2008..member of the ET family, comprises 31 amino acids and is derived from the selective hydrolysis of big ET-1 by chymase. Although ET-1 (1-31) reportedly exerts biological effects by direct or indirect [via its conversion to ET-1 (1-..
- Cellular expression of a sodium-dependent monocarboxylate transporter (Slc5a8) and the MCT family in the mouse kidneyHaruko Yanase
Laboratory of Histology and Cytology, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita 15 Nishi 7, Sapporo, 060 8638, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 130:957-66. 2008..b>MCT1 and MCT2 immunoreactivities were respectively found baso-laterally in S1 and thick ascending limbs of Henle's loop...
- Mast cell phenotypes and microvessels in non-small cell lung cancer and its prognostic significanceMaría José Carlini
Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad Universitaria, Buenos Aires C1428EGA, Argentina
Hum Pathol 41:697-705. 2010..Mast cell phenotypes were identified by immunohistochemistry for tryptase and chymase. In addition, we identified microvessels using the endothelial marker CD34...
- Human cardiac mast cells in anaphylaxisArturo Genovese
Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergy and Center for Basic and Clinical Immunology Research CISI, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Chem Immunol Allergy 95:98-109. 2010..HHMC in vitro with anti-IgE or anti-FcepsilonRI induced the release of preformed mediators (histamine, tryptase, chymase, and renin) and the de novo synthesis of LTC(4) (approximately =18 ng/l0(6) cells) and PGD(2) (approximately =18 ..
- Effect of training and detraining on monocarboxylate transporter (MCT) 1 and MCT4 in Thoroughbred horsesYu Kitaoka
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tennodai 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8574, Japan
Exp Physiol 96:348-55. 2011..The content of MCT1 and MCT4 proteins increased after 18 weeks of HIT...
- Mast cells are an essential component of human radiation proctitis and contribute to experimental colorectal damage in miceKarl Blirando
Laboratory of Radiopathology and Experimental Therapeutics, Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety IRSN, Fontenay aux Roses, France
Am J Pathol 178:640-51. 2011..It was further demonstrated that mast cell chymase, tryptase, and histamine could change human muscularis propria smooth muscle cells into a migrating/proliferating ..
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor enhances the hippocampal expression of key postsynaptic proteins in vivo including the monocarboxylate transporter MCT2C Robinet
Department of Physiology, University of Lausanne, 7 rue du Bugnon, CH 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Neuroscience 192:155-63. 2011..In contrast, no changes were observed for the glial monocarboxylate transporters MCT1 and MCT4...
- Qiliqiangxin improves cardiac function in spontaneously hypertensive rats through the inhibition of cardiac chymaseWei Liu
Department of Cardiology, Harbin Medical University, PR China
Am J Hypertens 25:250-60. 2012..This study was designed to investigate the effects and mechanism of action of the traditional Chinese drug formula, qiliqiangxin (QLQX), on cardiac function in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRs)...
- Mast cells in melanocytic skin lesions. An immunohistochemical and quantitative studyGrzegorz Dyduch
Department of Pathomorphology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Pol J Pathol 62:139-44. 2011..The sections were stained immunohistochemically for tryptase and chymase. Positive cells were counted inside the lesions and at the interface between the lesion and dermis...
- Multicellular tumor spheroid formation in duplex microcapsules for analysis of chemosensitivityShinji Sakai
Division of Chemical Engineering, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Japan
Cancer Sci 103:549-54. 2012..5-4500 nM) than 2-D cultured cells (P < 0.01). In addition, the expression of MDR1, MCT1, HIF-1α, and GRP78 mRNA was 2.9-, 3.2-, 3.8-, and 5...
- Lactate is a mediator of metabolic cooperation between stromal carcinoma associated fibroblasts and glycolytic tumor cells in the tumor microenvironmentYanique I Rattigan
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 195 Little Albany Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Exp Cell Res 318:326-35. 2012..The mRNA and protein expression of functional MCT1 in hMSCs is increased in response to lactate exposure...
- Non-ACE pathway-induced angiotensin II productionYoshinari Uehara
Department of Cardiology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, 7 45 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
Curr Pharm Des 19:3054-9. 2013..Proteinases such as chymase, kallikrein, cathepsin G, and elastase-2 are probably responsible for angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)-..
- CHIH CHANG KEVIN WEI; Fiscal Year: 2014..chemotactic for inflammatory cells, in particular mast cells (MCs), which are the source of the serine protease chymase. We have shown MCs have BK2 receptors and direct BK interstitial infusion causes MC degranulation and chymase ..
- Chymase-Mediated MMP Activation in Ishemia Reperfusion InjuryLOUIS JOSEPH DELL'ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here, in a dog I/R model, we report that interstitial mast cell chymase plays an important role in cardiomyocyte MMP activation...
- Muriel Larauche; Fiscal Year: 2015..via tight junctions proteins modulation/permeability and on ion channels/secretion and on mast cells release of chymase and subsequent increase in angiotensin II leading to a reduction in ion secretion...
- Ahsan Husain; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Chymase, a multifunctional mast cell serine protease, generates angiotensin (Ang) II and activates pro-matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2/9, in vivo, in the mouse heart...
- CSILLA LIPPERT; Fiscal Year: 2015..The secreted proteases include elastase, chymase, ADAM33, and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) like MMP2/9/12...
- William R Roush; Fiscal Year: 2016..is exported out of the cancer cell via dedicated 12-transmembrane-pass monocarboxylic acid transporters coined Mct1 and Mct4, which we have shown are overexpressed and inversely regulated in several tumor types...
- Tomoki Hashimoto; Fiscal Year: 2016..We hypothesize that mast cell chymase is the primary mast cell-derived cytokine that promotes aneurysmal rupture...
- Chi V Dang; Fiscal Year: 2014..We propose to study miR-23a/b (which is suppressed by Myc and regulates glutaminase protein levels) and MCT1 (monocarboxylate/lactate transporter) in the reprogramming of cancer cells in the tumor microenvironment. Aim 4...
- Interaction Between the Epithelium and Mast Cells in Severe AsthmaMERRITT LYNN FAJT; Fiscal Year: 2012..to mild asthma and normal controls at the mRNA and protein level by evaluating the mast cell markers tryptase, chymase, carboxypeptidase 3, hematopoietic prostaglandin D2 synthase, and 5-lipoxygensae in epithelium, submucosal tissue ..
- Mast Cell-Mediated Intestinal PermeabilityKatherine Groschwitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..In preliminary studies, we have demonstrated an association between increased mast cells, mast cell chymase (murine mast cell protease-4 (mMCP-4)) and activated matrix metalloprotease-9 (MMP-9) with increased intestinal ..
- MODULATION OF MONOCARBOXYLIC ACID TRANSPORTERS IN BRAINLESTER DREWES; Fiscal Year: 2004..are present in rat brain cortex, hippocampus and cerebellum; 2) upregulation of at least two separate MCT genes (MCT1 and MCT2) occurs independently (spatially and temporally) during postnatal development; 3) animals with elevated ..
- Regulation of mediator release from human mast cell by extracellular adenosine.GREGORIO VALENZUELA GOMEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..Two types of human mast cells, MCTC and MCT, have been described. MCTC cells from skin express tryptase, chymase, carboxypeptidase A3 and cathepsin G;whereas MCT cells express tryptase alone and are the predominant type in ..
- Sally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2016..Published SARP II data show that chymase positive mast cells (MCTC) predominate in the submucosa and epithelium in severe asthma, with evidence for an ..
- MAST CELL MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES IN LUNG INJURYKenneth Fang; Fiscal Year: 2000..phenylmethylsulfonyl fluoride (PMSF), further implicating the granule-associated serine proteases, tryptase and chymase, in MMP activation mechanisms...
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF MAST CELL SECRETORY GRANULE ENZYMESLawrence Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 1999..b>Chymase is a serine endopeptidase with specificity for chymotrypsin-like substrates, is monomeric, and resides in the ..
- Mast Cells and the Host Response in the LungPaul Wolters; Fiscal Year: 2007..will test whether mast cell proteases hydrolyze cytokines by incubating cytokines with purified DPPI, tryptase or chymase and identifying cleavage products...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF HUMAN MAST CELLSLawrence Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 1 examines new functional and phenotypic characteristics that distinguish MCT (tryptase+/chymase-) from MCTC (tryptase+/chymase-)types of human mast cells...
- BASOPHIL/MAST CELL FUNCTIONAnn Dvorak; Fiscal Year: 1991..3) The release of granule associated histamine (guinea pig basophils, and rat and mouse mast cells) and chymase (rat peritoneal cell) by various concentrations of degranulation stimuli, including IgE and antigen and certain ..
- BASOPHIL AND MAST CELL VESICULAR TRANSPORT MECHANISMSGARY LOGIN; Fiscal Year: 1991..3) The release of granule associated histamine (guinea pig basophils, and rat and mouse mast cells) or chymase (rat peritoneal cells) by various concentrations of degranulation stimuli, including IgE and antigen and certain ..
- DIFFERENTIATION OF MAST CELL PROGENITORSThomas Huff; Fiscal Year: 1993..Second, the differentiation system will be adapted for rat studies in order to detect chymase, RMCP-II, carboxypeptidase A, or heparin proteoglycan in mast cells derived from culture on embryonic skin ..
- Silanediols as Serine and Threonine Protease InhibitorsSCOTT SIEBURTH; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Chymase is an important part of the immune response;the current understanding of the recognition sequence will allow us ..
- Novel Aspects of the Cardiac Renin-Angiotensin SystemKENNETH MELVIN BAKER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Intracellular Ang II (iAng II) synthesis in high glucose conditions is chymase, not angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) dependent...
- Modulation of Monocarboxylic Acid Transporter Kinetic Function for Stroke TherapyJEFFREY PAUL SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..molecular mechanism by which Protein Kinase A (PKA) regulates the function of Monocarboxylic Acid Transporter 1 (MCT1) in rat brain endothelial cells...
- Leanne Groban; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specifically, we will determine the intracellular relationships between GPR30 and chymase-mediated angiotensin II (Ang II) formation and the maladaptive pathways that lead to fibrosis and lusitropic ..
- UBALDO EMILIO MARTINEZ OUTSCHOORN; Fiscal Year: 2016..with epithelial cancer cells with high OXPHOS metabolism via upregulation of monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1), nuclear respiration factor 1 (NRF1) and mitoNEET and stromal cells with low OXPHOS metabolism and high catabolism ..
- Angiogenic Response to Hypoxia and Ketosis in Rat BrainJOSEPH CHARLES LAMANNA; Fiscal Year: 2012..by up-regulation of the primary substrate transporters for glucose (GLUT1) and ketones (monocarboxylates;MCT1) at the blood-brain barrier...
- NANCY JEAN PHILP; Fiscal Year: 2016..transporters that facilitate the transepithelial movement of lactate from the subretinal space to the choroid;MCT1 in the apical membrane and MCT3 in the basolateral membrane...
- RPE Lactate Transporters: A Role in Retinal SurvivalNancy Philp; Fiscal Year: 2009..transporters that facilitate the transepithelial movement of lactate from the subretinal space to the choroid;MCT1 in the apical membrane and MCT3 in the basolateral membrane...
- ANTERIOR OCULAR SEGMENT PHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGYPaul Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2009..glaucoma therapeutic agents (cannabinoids, nitric oxide donors, prostaglandin EP4 agonists, angiotensin and chymase), and their interactions with existing glaucoma therapies...
- AT1 Receptors in Renal Microvascular PhysiologyLISA HARRISON BERNARD; Fiscal Year: 2009..Upregulated chymase expression has been identified in human DN and may contribute to ACE-independent formation of ANGII...
- Jerry D Glickson; Fiscal Year: 2016..We propose to test the hypotheses that 1) selective tumor acidification results from inhibition of MCT1, and 2) tumor de-energization is caused by inhibition of the MPC...
- Pradeep K Dudeja; Fiscal Year: 2016..Studies during the previous funding cycles have demonstrated critical role of the monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) in SCFA absorption and has defined the mechanisms of its regulation...
- 2012 Angiotensin Gordon Research Conference and Gordon Research SeminarKATHRYN L SANDBERG; Fiscal Year: 2012..findings on the least understood members of the RAS cascade including the protein receptor, aminopeptidase A, and chymase will be discussed as well as novel therapeutic targets of the RAS including cancer, depression and multiple ..
- Adrian M Piliponsky; Fiscal Year: 2016..Based on our preliminary investigations into such mechanisms as they pertain to sepsis, we hypothesize that chymase, a mast cell-specific protease, limits the magnitude of the inflammatory response against bacteria and reduces ..
- Astroglial Monocarboxylate Transporter (MCT) Pathway in NeurodegenerationJeffrey D Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..through glycolysis, and lactate can be transported from astrocytes to neurons via distinct molecular subspecies- MCT1, MCT4 in astroglia and MCT2 on neurons...
- ANALYSIS OF THE AIRWAY ANTIPROTEINASE DEFENSE SYSTEMSule Cataltepe; Fiscal Year: 2006..cathepsins (cat)L,S and K, whereas SCCA2 inhibits chymotrypsin-like serine proteinases, catG and mast cell chymase. SCCA1 and SCCA2 show a tissue restricted expression pattern and are co-localized in the tracheal, bronchial and ..
- Ac-SDKP: biosynthesis and role in ACE inhibitionMARIA CAVASIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..however, this enzyme cleaves peptides no larger than 30 amino acids, so that some other peptidase, possibly chymase, may shorten the substrate prior to POP hydrolysis...
- Nanotechnology: Detection & Analysis of Plaque FormationGang Bao; Fiscal Year: 2009..nanoparticle probes for in vivo plaque detection;(5) we will carry out a pilot project to develop LDL and chymase based contrast agent for in vivo plaque detection;(6) as a second pilot project we will develop activatable ..
- Venular leukocyte adhesion, impaired arteriolar vasoreactivity, and intestinal IRRonald J Korthuis; Fiscal Year: 2010..MMP-9)) to EDO in arterioles;and 3) whether EDO dysfunction in arterioles is due to mast cell-derived chymase-dependent formation of All...
- TISSUE RENIN ANGIOTENSIN/CHYMASE SYSTEM IN HEART FAILURELOUIS DELL ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2005..the applicant's description verbatim): The PI has studied the role of the cardiac renin angiotensin system (RAS)/chymase system in mechanisms of angiotensin II (ANG II) formation in the heart in response to volume overload heart ..
- Chymase Inhibitors--Treatment of Cardiovascular DiseaseHoward Sands; Fiscal Year: 2000..A substantial body of evidence suggests that chymase, a chymotrypsin-like serine protease of mast cells, is involved in the production of ANG II by an ACE-independent ..
- ANGIOTENSIN II AND BRADYKININ IN CARDIAC HYPERTROPHYLOUIS DELL ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2007..We found mast cell infiltration and protease activation (chymase, cathepsin G) associated with MMP activation, ECM degradation, and iNOS-dependent protein nitration within 6-12 ..
- ROLE OF PNEUMOCYSTIS CARINII CHYMASE IN LUNG INJURYWARREN BREITE; Fiscal Year: 1993..Recently our laboratory has identified and characterized a serine proteinase from PC with chymotrypsin-like (chymase) activity that may degrade the adhesive protein fibronectin...
- Role of Angiotensin Receptors in Experimental AAAJack Oak; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will examine in our model the expression of Ang II forming enzymes, ACE and chymase, using immunohistochemistry, immunoblotting, and RT-PCR...
- Calreticulin and chymase 1 control of perforin lysisDorothy Hudig; Fiscal Year: 2005..Two proteins, calreticulin and Chymase 1, have opposing influences on the critical pore-forming activity of perforin...
- PROTEINASES AND MEDIATORS IN CUTANEOUS BIOLOGYROBERT LAVKER; Fiscal Year: 1993..Our specific goals are to: (1) Establish the structure and function of the mast cell proteinases, chymase and tryptase, and determine their roles in cutaneous biology...
- ENDOTHELIAL BARRIER FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..induce an inflammatory phenotype in ECs during PE, we found that placenta-derived chymotrypsin-like protease (CLP/chymase) exerts profound effects on vascular endothelium...
- PLACENTAL FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the initial funding period of this project, we identified that chymotrypsin-like protease (chymase) derived from placental TCs is responsible for upregulation of EC P-selectin and E-selectin expression, key ..
- Dietary Isothiocyanates in Cancer Prevention: Effects of Estrogen MetabolismMarilyn Morris; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epigenetic effects of biotin on activation of endogenous viral sequencesJanos Zempleni; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are likely to identify means by which manipulation of the environmental factor "diet" increases genomic stability and decreases cancer risk. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prenatal Tobacco Smoke and Expression in AirwaysLAURA VAN WINKLE; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will thus address the fetal basis of adult diseases of the lung caused by exposure in utero to environmental tobacco smoke. ..
- MECHANISM OF HUMAN MAST CELL TRYPTASE REGULATIONNorman Schechter; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding the structural properties responsible for the functional instability may provide new targets for therapeutic inhibitors. ..
- Exercise Substrate Utilization:The Crossover ConceptGeorge Brooks; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further, we have the auxiliary personnel and facilities to conduct longitudinal training studies ..
- SERINE PROTEASES FROM MAST CELLS AND SKINNorman Schechter; Fiscal Year: 2002..from the applicant's abstract) - The aim of this proposal is to characterize the biochemical properties of human chymase, a serine class proteolytic enzyme secreted from mast cells, and investigate its interactions with protease ..
- Genes controlling heart function in a hibernating mammalMatthew Andrews; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Blood-Brain Barrier Nutrient TransportIan Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Taken together these studies will provide new information on the regulation of transport across the BBB and will further our understanding of nutrient and drug delivery to the brain [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Physiological Signals to MCT ExpressionGeorge Brooks; Fiscal Year: 2008..In mammalian skeletal muscle, two isoforms (MCT1 and MCT4) are expressed...
- INDUCTION OF ATHEROGENESIS BY COCAINE AND HIV INFECTIONGuha Krishnaswamy; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- EXPRESSION OF HUMAN ERYTHROPOIETIN GENEGregg Semenza; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- ADHESION MOLECULES IN SMOOTH MUSCLE ACTIVATION & GROWTHAILI LAZAAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding the mechanisms by which CAMs transduce signals that could induce myocyte activation may provide insight in new therapeutic measures to prevent airway inflammation and bronchial hyperreactivity. ..
- CASPASE INHIBITORSJames Powers; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research should provide information of the active site structure of the various caspases and lead to the design of better drugs. ..
- Stretch-Induced Podocyte InjuryRaghu Durvasula; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Effector mechanisms in allergic inflammationFred Hsieh; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Intrarenal Augmentation of Angiotensinogen by Ang IIHiroyuki Kobori; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1 and Oxygen HomeostasisGregg Semenza; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Arterial 5-HT Transporter FunctionStephanie Watts; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Hershey Conference on Developmental Brain InjurySUSAN VANNUCCI; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..