Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CIT
Description: citron rho-interacting serine/threonine kinase
Alias: CITK, CRIK, MCPH17, STK21, citron Rho-interacting kinase, citron (rho-interacting, serine/threonine kinase 21), serine/threonine kinase 21, serine/threonine-protein kinase 21
Publications255 found, 100 shown here
- Neurophysiological changes induced by 5-HT reuptake inhibitors in rabbitsP Bo
Istituto Neurologico C Mondino, , Italy
Farmaco Sci 42:505-12. 1987..The drugs examined were: Alaproclate (Ala), Citalopram (Cit), Fluoxetine (Fluo), Fluvoxamine (Fluvo), Indalpine (Ind), Zimelidine (Zim)...
- FP-CIT SPECT in clinically inconclusive Parkinsonian syndrome during amiodarone treatment: a study with follow-upAnne Sophie Hambye
Department of Nuclear Medicine, CHU Charleroi, Blvd Janson, 92, B 6000 Charleroi, Belgium
Nucl Med Commun 31:583-9. 2010To evaluate whether dopamine transport system imaging by FP-CIT single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) can be helpful to differentiate idiopathic Parkinson's disease (IPD) from secondary Parkinsonism induced by amiodarone.
- Citrinin (CIT) determination in rice samples using a micro fluidic electrochemical immunosensorFernando Javier Arévalo
Departamento de Quimica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Fisico Quimicas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Rio Cuarto, Agencia Postal No 3, 5800 Rio Cuarto, Argentina
Talanta 83:966-73. 2011..development of an electrochemical immunosensor incorporated in a micro fluidic cell for quantification of citrinin (CIT) mycotoxin in rice samples is described for the first time...
- Citron kinase, a RhoA effector, enhances HIV-1 virion production by modulating exocytosisRebecca J Loomis
Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7295, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Traffic 7:1643-53. 2006..Finally, citron-K promotes exocytosis of microvesicles or exosomes that co-purify with HIV-1 virions. We conclude that citron-K enhances HIV-1 virion production by stimulating the endosomal compartments and exocytosis...
- Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC-1): mutant truncation prevents binding to NudE-like (NUDEL) and inhibits neurite outgrowthYuji Ozeki
Division of Neurobiology and Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:289-94. 2003..As schizophrenia is thought to reflect defects in cortical development that are determined by cytoskeletal protein activities, the cellular disturbances we observe with mutant DISC-1 may be relevant to psychopathologic mechanisms...
- Citron kinase is a cell cycle-dependent, nuclear protein required for G2/M transition of hepatocytesHuifei Liu
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 278:2541-8. 2003....
- KIF14 and citron kinase act together to promote efficient cytokinesisUlrike Gruneberg
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Biol 172:363-72. 2006..Atzori, E. Turco, R. Triolo, G.P. Dotto, et al. 2000. Neuron. 28:115-127), we find a general requirement for citron kinase in human cell division. Together, these findings identify a novel pathway required for efficient cytokinesis...
- A novel partner for the GTP-bound forms of rho and racP Madaule
Second Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
FEBS Lett 377:243-8. 1995..We recently identified three others putative rho effectors characterized by a common rho binding motif. Citron does not share this motif and displays a distinctive protein organization, thus defining a separate class of rho partners...
- Citron rho-interacting kinase, a novel tissue-specific ser/thr kinase encompassing the Rho-Rac-binding protein CitronF Di Cunto
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 273:29706-11. 1998..can be produced in at least two different isoforms: a approximately 240-kDa protein (Citron Rho-interacting kinase, CRIK), in which the kinase domain is followed by the sequence of Citron, a previously identified Rho/Rac binding protein;..
- [An improved differential medium, CA medium, for differentiating Shigella]M Tokoro
Gifu Prefectural Institute of Public Health
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:861-5. 1990..incubation for 24 hr at 37 degrees C on CA medium, sodium acetate medium (Acet) and Christensen citrate medium (C-Cit) were 96.0%, 95.2% and 28.0%, respectively. Therefore, the positive growth rate of E...
- Automated method for the measurement of amino acids in urine by high-performance liquid chromatographyC Carducci
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, , Italy
J Chromatogr A 729:173-80. 1996..The recovery of amino acids ranged from 83% for TRP to 105% for CIT. The within-run and between-run R.S.D...
- Chronic citalopram treatment elevates serotonin synthesis in flinders sensitive and flinders resistant lines of rats, with no significant effect on Sprague-Dawley ratsKazuya Kanemaru
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Quebec, Canada
Neurochem Int 54:363-71. 2009..The groups consisted of between fourteen and twenty rats. There were six groups of rats with citalopram (CIT) and saline (SAL) groups in each of the strains (SPD-AL, SPD-IT, FRL-AL, FRL-IT, FSL-AL and FSL-IT)...
- A second generation climate index for tourism (CIT): specification and verificationC R de Freitas
School of Geography, Geology and Environmental Science, The University of Auckland, PB 92019 Auckland, New Zealand
Int J Biometeorol 52:399-407. 2008..that integrates the various facets of climate and weather into a single index called the Climate Index for Tourism (CIT)...
- Preliminary evidence of effects of crisis intervention team training on self-efficacy and social distanceMasuma Bahora
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 35:159-67. 2008The Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) program is a collaborative model involving mental health professionals and law enforcement officers that is being implemented in a multitude of localities across the country...
- The feasibility of statistical parametric mapping for the analysis of positron emission tomography studies using 11C-2-beta-carbomethoxy-3-beta-(4-fluorophenyl)-tropane in patients with movement disordersG Lucignani
Universita di Milano, Ospedale L Sacco, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 23:1047-55. 2002..clinical evaluation of single PET scans performed with 2-beta-carbomethoxy-3-beta-(4-fluorophenyl)-tropane ( C-beta-CIT-FE)...
- HLA-association of serum levels of natural antibodiesEva Pozsonyi
National Blood Transfusion Service, Budapest, Hungary
Mol Immunol 46:1416-23. 2009..of three IgM type natural autoantibodies (NAAbs) reactive to certain conserved self-antigens (citrate synthase (A-CIT), chondroitin sulphate C (A-COS) and 60 kDa heat shock proteins (A-HSP) in the sera of 78 healthy individuals and ..
- Sensitivity and specificity of dopamine transporter imaging with 123I-FP-CIT SPECT in dementia with Lewy bodies: a phase III, multicentre studyIan McKeith
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Lancet Neurol 6:305-13. 2007..imaging with the ligand (123)I-2beta-carbometoxy-3beta-(4-iodophenyl)-N-(3-fluoropropyl) nortropane ((123)I-FP-CIT), which binds to the dopamine transporter (DAT) reuptake site...
- Intensive or conventional insulin therapy in type 2 diabetic patients? A population-based study on metabolic control and quality of life (The JEVIN-trial)R Schiel
University of Jena Medical School, Department of Internal Medicine II, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 107:506-11. 1999..gt; or = 2 blood-glucose self-tests/day) and 77 patients (66%) were on conventional insulin therapy (CIT). Patients with ICT had more injections/d (4.3 +/- 0.7 vs CIT 2.4 +/- 0.7, p < 0...
- Stereoselective metabolism of citalopram in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid of depressive patients: relationship with 5-HIAA in CSF and clinical responseGeorg Nikisch
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Box 2364, Klinikum Fulda, D 36013 Fulda, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:283-90. 2004Plasma and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) concentrations of the enantiomers of citalopram (CIT), its N-demethylated metabolite demethylcitalopram (DCIT) and its deaminated metabolite citalopram propionic acid derivative (CIT-PROP) were ..
- [T cell proliferative response and antibody formation to citrullinated collagen type II in patients with rheumatoid arthritis]Xin Tian
Department of Pediatrics, Second Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun 130041, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:673-6. 2009To investigate the T cell proliferative response and antibody formation to citrullinated collagen type II (Cit-CII) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and explore whether autoreactive T cells responding to Cit-CII plays a role ..
- Convenient method for the determination of arginine and its related compounds in rumen fluid by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographyH Sultana
Laboratory of Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry, Division of Animal Science, Miyazaki University, Japan
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 755:321-9. 2001..and by the tissues of ruminant animals, a convenient method for the simultaneous determination of Arg, citrulline (Cit), ornithine (Orn), proline (Pro) and 5-aminovaleric acid (5AV), and 4-aminobutyric acid (4AB) and lysine (Lys), ..
- Long-term citalopram administration reduces responsiveness of HPA axis in patients with major depression: relationship with S-citalopram concentrations in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and clinical responseGeorg Nikisch
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Klinikum Fulda, P O Box 2364, 36013, Fulda, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 181:751-60. 2005..A dysregulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis is a well-documented neurobiological finding in major depression. Moreover, clinically effective therapy with antidepressant drugs may normalize the HPA axis activity...
- Structure of aspartate racemase complexed with a dual substrate analogue, citric acid, and implications for the reaction mechanismAkashi Ohtaki
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Koganei, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Proteins 70:1167-74. 2008..In this study, we have determined the crystal structure of an inactive mutant PhAspR complexed with a citric acid (Cit) at a resolution of 2.0 A...
- Toward an understanding of the salting-out effects in aqueous ionic liquid solutions: vapor-liquid equilibria, liquid-liquid equilibria, volumetric, compressibility, and conductivity behaviorRahmat Sadeghi
Department of Chemistry, University of Kurdistan, Sanandaj, Iran
J Phys Chem B 114:16528-41. 2010..bromide ([Rmim][Br], R = butyl (C(4)), heptyl (C(7)), and octyl (C(8))), sodium dihydrogen citrate (NaH(2)Cit), disodium hydrogen citrate (Na(2)HCit), and trisodium citrate (Na(3)Cit) are taken using both vapor pressure ..
- Argininosuccinate synthetase overexpression in vascular smooth muscle cells potentiates immunostimulant-induced NO productionL Xie
Department of Pharmacology, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 272:16624-30. 1997..With constitutively expressed argininosuccinate lyase (AL), AS confers cells with an Arg/Cit cycle that can sustain NO production via continuous regeneration of the NOS substrate, L-arginine (Arg), from the ..
- Pharmacokinetics of piperacillin and tazobactam in critically ill patients with renal failure, treated with continuous veno-venous hemofiltration (CVVH)T S van der Werf
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 23:873-7. 1997..5 g taz administered over 0.5 h intravenously, 8 hourly. During 2 consecutive days, the serum levels of both compounds were determined, and total clearance (CIT) was calculated from serum concentrations.
- Thrombin induces mast cell adhesion to fibronectin: evidence for involvement of protease-activated receptor-1Harissios Vliagoftis
Pulmonary Research Group, Department of Medicine, 550 HMRC, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2S2
J Immunol 169:4551-8. 2002..Thrombin and the PAR-1-activating peptide AparafluoroFRCyclohexylACitY-NH(2) (cit) induced BMCMC adhesion to FN in a dose-dependent fashion, while the PAR-1-inactive peptide FSLLRY-NH(2) had no ..
- Dopamine transporter loss visualized with FP-CIT SPECT in the differential diagnosis of dementia with Lewy bodiesJohn T O'Brien
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Wolfson Research Centre, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Arch Neurol 61:919-25. 2004..Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) is a common form of late-life dementia that can be difficult to differentiate from other disorders, especially Alzheimer disease (AD), during life. At autopsy the striatal dopaminergic transporter is reduced...
- Combination of 'idiopathic' REM sleep behaviour disorder and olfactory dysfunction as possible indicator for alpha-synucleinopathy demonstrated by dopamine transporter FP-CIT-SPECTK Stiasny-Kolster
Department of Neurology, Center of Nervous Diseases, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany
Brain 128:126-37. 2005..The underlying nigrostriatal degeneration of clinical Parkinson's disease was confirmed by I-123-FP-CIT SPECT in one patient and early nigrostriatal degeneration was identified by SPECT in a further two patients with '..
- Effects of oral administration of sodium citrate or acetate to pigs on blood parameters, postmortem glycolysis, muscle pH decline, and quality attributes of porkJ W Stephens
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506, USA
J Anim Sci 86:1669-77. 2008The objective of this study was to determine the effects of oral administration of sodium citrate (CIT) or acetate (ACE) to pigs on blood parameters, postmortem glycolysis, pH decline, and quality attributes of pork...
- Ochratoxin A and citrinin producing species of the genus Penicillium from feedstuffsM R Bragulat
Veterinary Mycology Group, Department of Animal Health and Anatomy, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 126:43-8. 2008..Much less information is available about citrinin (CIT) and CIT producing species in cereals and their by products...
- Toxicity of citreoviridinK Nishie
U S Department of Agriculture, R B Russell Agricultural Research Center, Athens, GA 30613
Res Commun Chem Pathol Pharmacol 59:31-52. 1988The mycotoxin citreoviridin (CIT) isolated from Penicillium citreoviride was studied to elucidate the mechanism of its toxic actions...
- Progression of dopaminergic degeneration in Parkinson's disease and atypical parkinsonism: a longitudinal beta-CIT SPECT studyWalter Pirker
Department of Neurology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Mov Disord 17:45-53. 2002..We used SPECT and [123I]beta-CIT as a label of dopamine transporters to study the progression of presynaptic dopaminergic degeneration in Parkinson'..
- Citrinin and endosulfan induced maternal toxicity in pregnant Wistar rats: pathomorphological studyNittin D Singh
Division of Pathology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar 243122, India
J Appl Toxicol 27:589-601. 2007..The present investigation was conducted to evaluate the maternal toxicity of citrinin (CIT) and endosulfan administered per os either alone or in combination in pregnant rats during gestational days 6-20...
- A statewide Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) initiative: evolution of the Georgia CIT programJanet R Oliva
Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 36:38-46. 2008In late 2004, Georgia began implementation of a statewide Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) program to train a portion of its law enforcement officers to respond safely and effectively to individuals with mental illnesses who are in crisis...
- Interstitial transudate concentration of adenosine and inosine in rat and guinea pig heartsU K Decking
Department of Physiology, Medical Faculty of the Technical University, Aachen, Federal Republic of Germany
Am J Physiol 254:H1125-32. 1988..The AR-to-IR ratio varied between 0.5 and 0.1. During normoxic perfusion, CIT-AR reached a basal level of 0.18 microM. During maintained hypoxia, CIT-AR was elevated only initially up to 0...
- The metabolism of L-arginine and its significance for the biosynthesis of endothelium-derived relaxing factor: L-glutamine inhibits the generation of L-arginine by cultured endothelial cellsW C Sessa
William Harvey Research Institute, Saint Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:8607-11. 1990..uptake of L-Arg or the metabolism of L-Arg-L-Phe to L-Arg but inhibited the formation of L-Arg from L-citrulline (L-Cit), L-Cit-L-Phe, and NG-monomethyl-L-arginine...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of racemic citalopram: a 5-year experience in Sweden, 1992-1997Margareta Reis
Division of Psychiatry, Department of Neuroscience and Locomotion, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping, Sweden
Ther Drug Monit 25:183-91. 2003Racemic citalopram (CIT) was introduced in Sweden in 1992 for management of major depression...
- Citron kinase, a Rho-dependent kinase, induces di-phosphorylation of regulatory light chain of myosin IIShigeko Yamashiro
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08855, USA
Mol Biol Cell 14:1745-56. 2003..Because citron kinase is localized in cleavage furrows, citron kinase may be involved in regulating di-phosphorylation of MLC during cytokinesis...
- Quantitation of dopamine transporter blockade by methylphenidate: first in vivo investigation using [123I]FP-CIT and a dedicated small animal SPECTSusanne Nikolaus
Clinic of Nuclear Medicine, Heinrich Heine University, 40225, Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:308-13. 2005..the feasibility of assessing dopamine transporter binding after treatment with methylphenidate in the rat using a recently developed high-resolution small animal single-photon emission computed tomograph (TierSPECT) and [123I]FP-CIT.
- Crisis intervention team training for police officers responding to mental disturbance callsJennifer L S Teller
Department of Sociology, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 44242, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:232-7. 2006..This study examined police dispatch data before and after implementation of a crisis intervention team (CIT) program to assess the effect of the training on officers' disposition of calls.
- Topography of dopamine transporter availability in progressive supranuclear palsy: a voxelwise [123I]beta-CIT SPECT analysisKlaus Seppi
Department of Neurology, Medical University Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Arch Neurol 63:1154-60. 2006..can be visualized by means of iodine I 123-labeled 2beta-carbomethoxy-3beta-(4-iodophenyl)tropane ([(123)I]beta-CIT) single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) in several neurodegenerative parkinsonian disorders...
- Are plasma citrulline and glutamine biomarkers of intestinal absorptive function in patients with short bowel syndrome?Menghua Luo
Department of Medicine, Emory Center for Clinical and Molecular Nutrition, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 31:1-7. 2007..Citrulline (Cit) is a product of the metabolism of glutamine (Gln) and derived amino acids by enterocytes...
- No significant effects of single intravenous, single oral and subchronic oral administration of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors on striatal [123I]FP-CIT binding in ratsR J J Knol
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15 F2N, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:598-604. 2008123)I]FP-CIT SPECT is a valuable diagnostic tool to discriminate Lewy body dementia from Alzheimer's dementia...
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 improves the survival of pancreas grafts by prevention of pancreatitis after transplantationThomas Becker
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplant Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Transplantation 84:1644-55. 2007..Ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury after pancreas transplantation might result in graft pancreatitis. The role of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) in pancreas transplantation and prevention of graft pancreatitis is unknown...
- Methylated bismuth, but not bismuth citrate or bismuth glutathione, induces cyto- and genotoxic effects in human cells in vitroU von Recklinghausen
Institute of Hygiene and Occupational Health, University Hospital, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Chem Res Toxicol 21:1219-28. 2008..organic bismuth compound [monomethylbismuth(III), MeBi(III)] and two other bismuth compounds [bismuth citrate (Bi-Cit) and bismuth glutathione (Bi-GS)] in human hepatocytes, lymphocytes, and erythrocytes using ICP-MS...
- The potential value of a pictorial atlas for aid in the visual diagnosis of 123I FP-CIT SPECT scansI Goethals
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ghent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Nuklearmedizin 48:173-8. 2009The aim of our study was to evaluate the value of a pictorial atlas of 123I FP-CIT SPECT images for aid in the visual diagnosis.
- Atypical citrate-fermenting Lactococcus lactis strains isolated from dromedary's milkH Drici
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Appl Microbiol 108:647-57. 2010..The aim was to isolate and characterize Lactococcus strains with new properties compared to those of usual Lactococcus dairy starters derived from cow's milk...
- Receptor and transporter imaging studies in schizophrenia, depression, bulimia and Tourette's disorder--implications for psychopharmacologySiegfried Kasper
Department of General Psychiatry, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
World J Biol Psychiatry 3:133-46. 2002..beta-CIT as a ligand for measurement of 5-HT transporter densities (5-HTT) revealed lower rates in depression compared to ..
- Cholinesterase inhibitor use does not significantly influence the ability of 123I-FP-CIT imaging to distinguish Alzheimer's disease from dementia with Lewy bodiesJohn Paul Taylor
Institute for Ageing and Health, Wolfson Research Centre, Newcastle General Hospital, Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 6BE, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:1069-71. 2007123I-labelled 2beta-carbomethoxy-3beta-(4-iodophenyl)-N-(3-fluoropropyl) nortropane (123I-FP-CIT) imaging is a diagnostic tool to help differentiate dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) from Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Addition of a 5-HT receptor agonist to methylphenidate potentiates the reduction of [123I]FP-CIT binding to dopamine transporters in rat frontal cortex and hippocampusL Reneman
Graduate School of Neurosciences, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Academic Medical Center, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Synapse 39:193-200. 2001..measured monoaminergic transporters in rat brain using radioligands suitable for SPECT imaging ([123I]beta-CIT and [123I]FP-CIT). Groups of rats were treated with methylphenidate or saline for 4 days...
- The value of plasma citrulline to predict mucosal injury in intestinal allograftsG Gondolesi
Intestinal Transplant Program, Recanati Miller Transplantation Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NY, USA
Am J Transplant 6:2786-90. 2006..Plasma citrulline levels (P-Cit) reflect functional enterocyte mass in nontransplant patients and have been evaluated in two small series after ..
- Dementia with Lewy bodies: a comparison of clinical diagnosis, FP-CIT single photon emission computed tomography imaging and autopsyZuzana Walker
University College London and Royal Free Hospitals, London, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:1176-81. 2007....
- Pentostatin, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab regimen in older patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaTait D Shanafelt
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 109:2291-8. 2007The prevalence of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) increases with age. Although chemoimmunotherapy (CIT) has dramatically improved response rates in patients with CLL, some CIT regimens are not well tolerated by many patients >or=70 ..
- Transcriptional regulation of the citrate gene cluster of Enterococcus faecalis Involves the GntR family transcriptional activator CitOVictor S Blancato
Departamento de Microbiologia, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipacha 531, S2002LRK Rosario, Argentina
J Bacteriol 190:7419-30. 2008..faecalis has been investigated before, the regulation and transcriptional pattern of the cit locus has still not been fully explored...
- Plasma citrulline is a marker of absorptive small bowel length in patients with transient enterostomy and acute intestinal failureDenis Picot
Service de Réadaptation Digestive et Nutritionnelle, Clinique Saint Yves, 4 rue Adolphe Leray CS54435, Rennes F 35044, France
Clin Nutr 29:235-42. 2010..Plasma citrulline ([Cit]) is a biomarker of the enterocyte mass...
- Effects of maternal L-citrulline supplementation on renal function and blood pressure in offspring exposed to maternal caloric restriction: the impact of nitric oxide pathwayYou Lin Tain
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University, College of Medicine, Taiwan
Nitric Oxide 23:34-41. 2010..disease vulnerability in offspring from mothers with caloric restriction diets and whether maternal L-citrulline (L-Cit) supplementation can prevent this...
- Fluvoxamine but not citalopram increases serum melatonin in healthy subjects-- an indication that cytochrome P450 CYP1A2 and CYP2C19 hydroxylate melatoninC von Bahr
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Stockholm Soder Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 56:123-7. 2000..The mechanism behind the MT increase is unknown. Citalopram (CIT) is another SSRI. It is not known whether CIT affects the serum MT level...
- [123I]-beta-CIT SPECT imaging shows reduced thalamus-hypothalamus serotonin transporter availability in 24 drug-free obsessive-compulsive checkersWerner Zitterl
Department of Psychiatry, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:1661-8. 2007..Four hours after injection of [(123)I]-2beta-carbomethoxy-3beta-(4-iodophenyl)tropane ([(123)I]-beta-CIT), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) scans were performed in 24 medication-free non-depressed OC-..
- [1231-FP-CIT (DaTSCAN) scintigraphy in the differential diagnosis of movement disorders]S Dethy
Service de Neurologie, C H U Tivoli, La Louviere
Rev Med Brux 29:238-47. 2008..Iodine-123-FP-CIT (DaTSCAN), a (presynaptic) dopamine transporter analogue for nuclear medicine imaging, has recently been introduced ..
- Potential predictors of motor and functional outcomes after distributed constraint-induced therapy for patients with strokeKeh chung Lin
School of Occupational Therapy, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 23:336-42. 2009Selection of patients who are most and least likely to benefit from constraint-induced therapy (CIT) for the upper extremity is uncertain.
- The use of patient complaints to drive quality improvement: an exploratory study in TaiwanSophie Y Hsieh
Department of Healthcare Information and Management, Ming Chuan University, 5 De Ming Road, Gui Shan, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
Health Serv Manage Res 23:5-11. 2010..The author conducted the critical incident technique (CIT) using questionnaires to obtain information about the complaints and the process of their resolutions...
- Regional differences in deceased donor liver transplantation and their implications for organ utilization and allocationPaul H Hayashi
Liver Program, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7584, USA
Clin Transplant 25:156-63. 2011..Of these, 1488 and 1807 livers had donor risk indices ≤ 2, for hypothetical 12 and 8 h cold ischemia time (CIT), respectively. Regional differences in liver utilization are profound. Region 9 is significantly more aggressive...
- Endurance training reverts heart mitochondrial dysfunction, permeability transition and apoptotic signaling in long-term severe hyperglycemiaJosé Lumini-Oliveira
Research Centre in Physical Activity, Health and Leisure, Faculty of Sport, University of Porto, Portugal
Mitochondrion 11:54-63. 2011..Twenty-four young male Wistar rats were randomly assigned into sedentary citrate (SED+CIT), sedentary type I diabetes (SED+STZ; 50mg/kg), T+CIT (14-week treadmill running, 60min/day) and T+STZ (injected ..
- Photo-oxidation of Cr(III)-citrate complexes forms harmful Cr(VI)Runan Dai
College of Sciences, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, PR China
Environ Sci Technol 44:6959-64. 2010..In this study, the Cr(III)-citrate complex (Cr(III)-cit) was prepared and its speciation was determined by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- SPECT imaging evaluation in movement disorders: far beyond visual assessmentKosmas Badiavas
Medical Physics Department, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Periferiaki odos, 564 03, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:764-73. 2011Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) imaging with (123)I-FP-CIT is of great value in differentiating patients suffering from Parkinson's disease (PD) from those suffering from essential tremor (ET)...
- The anti-inflammatory effect of Cheongseoikki-tang ethanol extract on allergic reactions mediated by bone marrow-derived mast cellsJoon Ho Keum
College of Pharmacy and Wonkwang Oriental Medicines Research Institute, Wonkwang University, Jeonbuk 570 749, Republic of Korea
Chin J Integr Med 19:380-6. 2013Cheongseoikki-tang (CIT, Korean), also called Qingshu Yiqi decoction () and Seisho-ekki-to (Japanese), is well known as an effective traditional combination of herbs for treating cardiovascular diseases...
- Determination of the biodistribution and dosimetry of ¹²³I-FP-CIT in male patients with suspected Parkinsonism or Lewy body dementia using planar and combined planar and SPECT/CT imagingMarie Sydoff
Medical Radiation Physics, Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Malmo, Lund University, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden Electronic address
Appl Radiat Isot 82:300-7. 2013In this study, (123)I-FP-CIT biodistribution and dosimetry was determined in 10 adult male patients using planar gamma camera imaging alone or in combination with single photon emission computed tomography /X-ray computed tomography (..
- Focal increased 18F FP-CIT uptake in a recent ischemic lesion in the frontal lobeMiju Cheon
From the Department of Nuclear Medicine, Veterans Health Service Medical Center and Department of Nuclear Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Clin Nucl Med 40:e137-9. 2015..Past history disclosed left side weakness for 5 years. F FP-CIT PET/CT was performed to evaluate the possibility of pseudobulbar palsy...
- Extension of donor lung preservation with hypothermic storage after normothermic ex vivo lung perfusionMichael Kuan Yew Hsin
Latner Thoracic Surgery Laboratories, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Heart Lung Transplant 35:130-6. 2016..Donor lungs undergo a period of cold preservation before (cold ischemic time [CIT]-1) and after (CIT-2) EVLP. We investigated the effect of an extended CIT-2 on lung function after transplantation.
- Cancer modelling in the NGS era - Part I: Emerging technology and initial modellingUgo Rovigatti
University of Pisa Medical School, Oncology Department, Via Roma 55, 56127 Pisa, Italy Electronic address
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 96:274-307. 2015..Therapies), alternative strategies will be discussed in review part II (particularly cancer immunotherapy, CIT). Additional Pitfalls impinge on the concepts of tumour heterogeneity (inter/intra; ITH)...
- Enzymatic Modification of Soluble Cyanophycin Using the Type II Peptidyl Arginine Deiminase from Oryctolagus cuniculusLars Wiefel
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat, Munster, Corrensstraße 3, 48149, Munster, Germany
Macromol Biosci 16:1064-71. 2016..CGP dipeptides can be modified with about 7.5 mol% of the Asp-Arg dipeptides being converted to Asp-Cit. These results show that the enzymatic modification of CGP is feasible, opening up a whole new area of possible CGP ..
- Dual-mode, tunable color, enhanced upconversion luminescence and magnetism of multifunctional BaGdF5:Ln(3+) (Ln = Yb/Er/Eu) nanophosphorsHonglan Li
Key Laboratory of Applied Chemistry and Nanotechnology at Universities of Jilin Province, Changchun University of Science and Technology, Changchun, China
Phys Chem Chem Phys 18:21518-26. 2016..of Yb(3+),Er(3+)/Eu(3+) co-doped BaGdF5 nanophosphors (NPs) was realized by modifying the trisodium citrate (Cit(3-)) surfactant. Moreover, the as-prepared samples exhibited paramagnetic properties at room temperature...
- Comparison of the Performances of (18)F-FP-CIT Brain PET/MR and Simultaneous PET/CT: a Preliminary StudySangDon Kwon
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Yeungnam University Hospital, Namgu Daemyung 5 dong 317 1, 705 717 Daegu, South Korea
Nucl Med Mol Imaging 50:219-27. 201618)F-FP-CIT [(18)F-fluorinated N-3-fluoropropyl-2-beta-carboxymethoxy-3-beta-(4-iodophenyl) nortropane] has been well established and used for the differential diagnosis of atypical parkinsonian disorders...
- Citrobacter freundii as a test platform for recombinant cellulose degradation systemsS S Lakhundi
School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 64:35-42. 2017..Standard E. coli cloning vectors worked well in Cit. freundii. Expression of cellulases CenA and Cex of Cellulomonas fimi in Cit...
- Additional Value of Early-Phase 18F-FP-CIT PET Image for Differential Diagnosis of Atypical ParkinsonismSoyoung Jin
From the Department of Nuclear Medicine, Nowon Eulji Medical Center, Eulji University, Seoul, Korea and Departments of Nuclear Medicine, and Neurology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Nucl Med 42:e80-e87. 2017Regional cerebral perfusion is coupled to metabolism in general. Early perfusion dominant imaging using F-FP-CIT PET (pCIT) may provide complementary information to delayed dopamine transporter dominant images...
- Elevated striatal dopamine transporters during acute cocaine abstinence as measured by [123I] beta-CIT SPECTR T Malison
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:832-4. 1998..The authors examined whether striatal dopamine transporters were altered in acutely (96 hours or less) abstinent cocaine-abusing subjects, as suggested by postmortem studies...
- Fentanyl decreases beta-CIT binding to the dopamine transporterK A Bergstrom
Department of Clinical Physiology, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Synapse 29:413-5. 1998..We report here an effect of fentanyl on striatal [123I]beta-CIT binding to the DA transporter in a patient and in rats...
- Different regions of Rho determine Rho-selective binding of different classes of Rho target moleculesK Fujisawa
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:18943-9. 1998..These results suggest that the selective binding of different classes of Rho targets to Rho is determined by interaction between distinct Rho-binding motifs of the targets and different regions of Rho...
- Assessing the impact of cerebral injury after cardiac surgery: will determining the mechanism reduce this injury?W A Baumgartner
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 4618, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 67:1871-3; discussion 1891-4. 1999....
- 18F-labeled FECNT: a selective radioligand for PET imaging of brain dopamine transportersM M Goodman
Department of Radiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Nucl Med Biol 27:1-12. 2000..3H]citalopram, and [3H]nisoxetine, respectively, indicated the following order of DAT affinity: GBR 12909 > CIT >> 2beta-carbomethoxy-3beta-(4-chlorophenyl)-8-(3-fluoropropyl) nortropane (FPCT) > FECNT...
- Polarized fluorescence resonance energy transfer microscopyAlexa L Mattheyses
Biophysics Research Division, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Biophys J 87:2787-97. 2004..feasibility is experimentally confirmed by measurements on mixtures of cyan fluorescent protein (CFP), citrine ((Cit) a yellow fluorescent protein variant), and linked fusion proteins (CFP-L16-Cit, CFP-L7-Cit, CFP-L54-Cit) in living ..
- Validation of [(123)I]beta-CIT SPECT to assess serotonin transporters in vivo in humans: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study with the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopramMaartje M L de Win
Department of Radiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:996-1005. 2005..transporter (SERT) densities using (123)iodine-labeled 2beta-carbomethoxy-3beta(4-iodophenyl)tropane ([(123)I]beta-CIT) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)...
- Relationship between nigrostriatal dopaminergic degeneration, urinary symptoms, and bladder control in Parkinson's diseaseK Winge
Department of Neurology, H S Bispebjerg University Hospital, Copenhagen NV, Denmark
Eur J Neurol 12:842-50. 2005..using single-photon emission computerized tomography (SPECT) imaging of the dopamine transporter with [(123)I]-FP-CIT, and bladder symptoms were assessed using questionnaires and full urodynamic evaluation both in medicated state and ..
- [Nuclear neuroimaging of dopamine transporter in Parkinsonism--role in routine clinical practice]Mehrzad Cohenpour
Nuclear Medicine Department, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Harefuah 146:698-702, 733. 2007..ligands belong to a group of compounds derived from cocaine that bind to the dopamine transporter and include â-CIT, IPT, TRODAT-1, FP-CIT tagged with either Iod-123 or Technetium-99m radioisotopes...
- In vitro and ex vivo storage phosphor imaging of short-living radioisotopesRemco J J Knol
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosci Methods 168:341-57. 2008..We also evaluated the biodistribution of [123I]FP-CIT in rat brain using both the phosphor technique and conventional dissection methods...
- The effects of creatine pyruvate and creatine citrate on performance during high intensity exerciseRalf Jäger
Increnovo LLC, 2138 E Lafayette Pl, Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
J Int Soc Sports Nutr 5:4. 2008A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized study was performed to evaluate the effect of oral creatine pyruvate (Cr-Pyr) and creatine citrate (Cr-Cit) supplementation on exercise performance in healthy young athletes.
- The cost effectiveness of 123I-FP-CIT SPECT imaging in patients with an uncertain clinical diagnosis of parkinsonismKoen Van Laere
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Leuven Gasthuisberg, E901, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:1367-76. 2008123)I-N-omega-fluoropropyl-2-beta-carboxymethoxy-3beta-(4-iodophenyl)nortropane ((123)I-FP-CIT) Single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) has been suggested to be a useful diagnostic adjunct in patients with clinically ..
- Midbrain serotonin and striatum dopamine transporter binding in double depression: a one-year follow-up studySoili M Lehto
Department of Psychiatry, Kuopio University Hospital, 70210 Kuopio, Finland
Neurosci Lett 441:291-5. 2008..We examined the striatum dopamine (DAT) and midbrain serotonin transporter (SERT) binding of [123I] nor-beta-CIT in DD patients (n=8) and compared it to that in MD patients (n=11) and healthy controls (n=19)...
- Two-dimensional spectroscopic imaging for pretreatment evaluation of prostate cancer: comparison with the step-section histology after radical prostatectomyJan Weis
Department of Radiology, Uppsala University Hospital, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Magn Reson Imaging 27:87-93. 2009..the spectrum processing of prostate spectra, to measure the ratio of choline (Cho) plus creatine (Cr) to citrate (Cit) in the prostate tissue of normal volunteers and cancer patients, and to compare the results with pathologic ..
- Deletion of the citron kinase gene selectively affects the number and distribution of interneurons in barrelfield cortexPatrizia Muzzi
Department of Anatomy, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine, University of Torino, 10126 Torino, Italy
J Comp Neurol 513:249-64. 2009Citron kinase (CIT-K), a ser/thr kinase, is required during neurogenesis for cytokinesis of neuronal precursors...
- Possible Parkinson's disease revealed by a pure head resting tremorJ Gan
Université Lyon I, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer, Service de Neurologie C, Lyon, France
J Neurol Sci 279:121-3. 2009..The tremor was responsive to levodopa and had a 4.7 Hz frequency. A [(123)I]FP-CIT SPECT imaging confirmed a reduction of tracer uptake in the right striatum consistent with PD, that should be ..
- The rho-guanine nucleotide exchange factor domain of obscurin activates rhoA signaling in skeletal muscleDiana L Ford-Speelman
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:3905-17. 2009..Our results suggest that obscurin's rhoGEF domain signals at least in part by inducing rhoA expression and activation, and altering the expression of downstream kinases in vitro and in vivo...
- Unexpected I-123 FP-CIT uptake in a brain tumorMaria Boronat-Ferrater
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Nucl Med 34:608-9. 2009..Brain SPECT with 148MBq (4 mCi) of I-123 FP-CIT and 740MBq (20 mCi) of Tc-99m ethylcysteinate dimer (thereafter Tc-99m ECD) was performed.
- Identifying concealment-related responses in the concealed information testIzumi Matsuda
National Research Institute of Police Science, Chiba, Japan
Psychophysiology 50:617-26. 2013The concealed information test (CIT) assesses an examinee's recognition of a crime-relevant item using physiological measures...
- Use of the BasGan algorithm for [123I]FP-CIT SPECT quantification: a phantom studyG L Poli
Department of Health Physics, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 57:391-400. 2013The BasGan algorithm has been specifically developed for semi-automatic quantification of [123I]FP-CIT SPECT studies...
- Behavior of Ag nanoparticles in soil: effects of particle surface coating, aging and sewage sludge amendmentAnnie R Whitley
University of Kentucky, Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, Lexington, KY 40546, United States Center for the Environmental Implications of Nanotechnology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, United States
Environ Pollut 182:141-9. 2013..Ag MNPs with citrate (CIT) or polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) coatings were incubated with soil or municipal sewage sludge which was then amended ..
- Au nanoparticles on citrate-functionalized graphene nanosheets with a high peroxidase-like performanceXiaomei Chen
College of Biological Engineering, Jimei University, Xiamen, 361021, China
Dalton Trans 43:7449-54. 2014..paper, Au nanoparticles (AuNPs) have been homogeneously deposited on citrate-functionalized graphene nanosheets (Cit-GNs) by a simple one-pot reducing method...
- Methylphenidate effects on brain activity as a function of SLC6A3 genotype and striatal dopamine transporter availabilityAnna Maria Kasparbauer
Department of Psychology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 40:736-45. 2015..investigated in a subset of 35 participants whether baseline striatal DAT availability, ascertained with (123)I-FP-CIT single photon emission computed tomography, predicted the amount of methylphenidate-induced change in hemodynamic ..
- l-Citrulline supplementation improves O2 uptake kinetics and high-intensity exercise performance in humansStephen J Bailey
Sport and Health Sciences, St Luke s Campus, University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom and
J Appl Physiol (1985) 119:385-95. 2015The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of l-citrulline (Cit) and l-arginine (Arg) supplementation on nitric oxide (NO) biomarkers, pulmonary O2 uptake (V̇o2) kinetics, and exercise performance...
- Xuemei Huang; Fiscal Year: 2016..The best available technology, radioimaging using 18FDOPA-PET and [123I]b-CIT SPECT, can assess the activity or density of striatal dopamine terminals...
- Biomarkers for Preclinical Parkinson's diseaseJing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..While current functional neuroimaging methods with fluorodopa positron-emission tomography (F-Dopa-PET) or beta-CIT single photon emission computer tomography (Beta-CIT-SPECT) show relatively high sensitivity and specificity in ..
- ASISH KUMAR GHOSH; Fiscal Year: 2016..and phenotype parameters predict therapeutic outcome in CLL patients being treated on two chemoimmunotherapy (CIT) clinical trials...
- Combination Therapy in B-Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaNeil E Kay; Fiscal Year: 2012..This is exceptional given that other CIT regimens often prove intolerable for both elderly and poor performance status patients...
- Training for Investigative DermatologyJOHN EVERETT OLERUD; Fiscal Year: 2013..Program will be organized around two formal tracks: Skin Biology Track (SBT) and Clinical Investigator Track (CIT)...
- HIV-1 gp120 induced CTL chemorepulsion:dysregulation of migration & localizationMARK COLEMAN POZNANSKY; Fiscal Year: 2010..J. Virol op cit;J. Leuk. Biol. 2005. in press.)...
- Amy C Watson; Fiscal Year: 2016..availability of/access to menal health services as they relate to the widely implemented Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) model of collaboration between law enforcement and mental health...
- Islet Transplant - Costimulatory Blockage with LEA29YANDREW M SHAPIRO; Fiscal Year: 2011..b>CIT-04/06/07 Trials: The CIT-04 trial is a prospective, two-center (Edmonton and Emory), open-label, pilot study of ..
- A new post-translational modification, citrullination, changes in heart failureJennifer E Van Eyk; Fiscal Year: 2013..Tm mutants with Ala (non modifiable) or Gln (a potential mimetic of Arg-Cit) replacing the modifiable citrullinatable Arg residues, will be tested for functional alterations contraction...
- Modeling Officer-Level Effects of Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) TrainingMichael T Compton; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): In Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) training, police officers participate in 40 hours of specialized training provided by local mental health professionals, family members/advocates, and mental health ..
- Innate immunity in clinical islet transplantation: a clinical study (CIT0-01) in Olle Korsgren; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>CIT-01Is designed to test the hypothesis that LMW-DS markedly enhance the efficacy of clinical islet transplantation by ..
- B-Lymphocyte Immunotherapy in Islet TransplantationAli Naji; Fiscal Year: 2011..and T- lymphocyte directed immunotherapy for promoting immunological tolerance to islet allografts in TID patients (CIT 05)...
- Strategies to Improve Long Term Islet Graft SurvivalCamillo Ricordi; Fiscal Year: 2012..the effect of newly introduced agents, such as lisofylline (LSF) and Exenatide (EXN), on transplant outcome (CIT-02), it is essential to address issues related to immunological alterations (auto/allo reactivity) and metabolic ..
- "Advancing Islet Transplant for Type 1 Diabetes Care"ANDREW MARK POSSELT; Fiscal Year: 2011..treated with a standardized steroid-free, calcineurin inhibitor sparing protocol (Clinical Islet Transplantation (CIT) protocol 07);2) patients treated with the standardized immunosuppressive protocol as well as the immunosuppressive ..
- Pediatric Hemiplegia: Synergistic Treatment using rTMS and CITJOHN FRANCIS MCLAUGHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..6-Hz primed low- frequency rTMS applied to the non-stroke hemisphere and combined with constraint induced therapy (CIT) to promote recovery of the paretic hand...
- The mechanism and clinical implications of the negative paracrine effect of PF4Michele P Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2012..Further, in a murine model of chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia (CIT), strategies that block PF4 can ameliorate the thrombocytopenia...
- Taming of T-regulatory Cells Following Tumor IrradiationCHARLESE GARNETT BENSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..immunology, and detectable anti-tumor immune responses, most approved and investigational cancer immunotherapies (CIT) have shown only marginal clinical tumor regressions...
- Human Pancreatic Islet Cell Resource to Catalyze Collaborative Diabetes ResearchCamillo Ricordi; Fiscal Year: 2009..for islet cell manufacturing to be used by centers participating in the NIH Clinical Islet Transplantation (CIT) consortium...
- Eric D Foster; Fiscal Year: 2014..at The University of Iowa continue as the Data Coordinating Center (DCC) for the Clinical Islet Transplantation (CIT) Consortium. The DCC has served the CIT Consortium since its inception in 2004...
- Functionalized, Nanoscale Coatings for Islet EncapsulationCherie L Stabler; Fiscal Year: 2011..Nanoscale Coatings for Islet Encapsulation PI: Cherie Stabler Project Summary While clinical islet transplantation (CIT) has shown promise for the treatment of Type 1 diabetes, it is dampened by the impaired function and loss of islets ..
- John J LaPres; Fiscal Year: 2016..and interactive aspects of the EITS Doctoral Program administered through the Center for Integrative Toxicology (CIT)...
- Megakaryocyte Chemokines & Post-Irradiation ThrombocytopeniaMortimer Poncz; Fiscal Year: 2009..affect the degree and duration of thrombocytopenia following both chemo- and radiation-induced thrombocytopenia (CIT and RIT, respectively). Strategies that block this PF4 effect ameliorate the thrombocytopenias...
- Field Measures of Functional Tasks for CIT InterventionPaolo Bonato; Fiscal Year: 2006..Recent interventions such as Constraint Induced Movement Therapy (CIT) have demonstrated strong effects on the recovery of functional movement for chronic stroke patients in the clinic...
- Heat Shock Protein, Citrullinated Antigen and Dendritic Cell InteractionsFrances Santiago Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2009..between heat shock protein (HSP70) and citrullinated-fibrinogen 2) Demonstrate mechanism of delivery of cit-fibrinogen into immature dendritic cells (DC)...
- TWINS AND RISK OF PD: A CLINICAL AND IMAGING STUDYCaroline Tanner; Fiscal Year: 2004..disease or abnormal striatal dopamine function as measured using dopamine transporter imaging with [123I]beta-CIT (2beta-carbomethoxy-3beta-(4-iodophenyl) and SPECT...
- MODULATION OF NUCLEOSIDE TRANSPORT IN CHEMOTHERAPYJudith Belt; Fiscal Year: 2000..to NBMPR (1 micromolar) and depending on substrate specificity are divided into 3, hence cif accepts formycin B, cit, thymidine, and cib, accepts broad range of nucleosides...
- Development of Pharmaco fMRI Challenge in Healthy Control and Aggressive SubjectsEMIL FRANK COCCA; Fiscal Year: 2010In this R21 application, we propose to develop S-Citalopram (S-CIT) as a Psychopharmacologic Challenge (PPC) agent used in conjunction with the fMRI examination of social-emotional processing...
- DYSREGULATION OF CETP AND LPL IN THE DIABETIC CYNOMOLGUSJohn Bagdade; Fiscal Year: 1993..that this paradox in part results from several adverse effects of conventional subcutaneous insulin therapy (CIT) on lipoprotein transport...
- OCULAR MECHANISMS OF REJECTION OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMJOHN ROCKEY; Fiscal Year: 1990..op. cit.)...
- EFFECTS OF IDDM ON LIPOPROTEIN REMODELING AND FUNCTIONJohn Bagdade; Fiscal Year: 1993..in IDDM? We believe that this paradox Is In part attributable to conventional subcutaneous Insulin therapy's (CIT) atherogenic effects on lipoprotein transport and remodeling...
- SPECT IMAGING IN PARKINSONIAN MODELJohn Seibyl; Fiscal Year: 2000..However, within the last two years, a radiolabeled ligand, identified as [123I]beta-CIT(2-beta-Carbomethoxy-3-beta-(4- iodophenyl)tropane, has been demonstrated to be an effective marker of dopamine ..
- GENE EXPRESSION REGULATION DURING ODONTAGENESISMary Macdougall; Fiscal Year: 2004..projects will be supported by a Service Core, entitled the "Cell Immortalization and Transfection facility," (CIT) which will provide unique dental cell lines and stable cell transfections for the GERO investigators...
- Mental Imagery to reduce motor impairments in strokeAndrew Butler; Fiscal Year: 2006..One technique, constraint induced therapy (CIT), has produced results that can substantially reduce the incapacitating deficits of many patients with stroke and ..
- DOPAMINE TRANSPORTER IMAGING WITH FLUORINE-18 PETJOHN NEUMEYER; Fiscal Year: 2000..Out earlier studies have focused on fluorine-18 labeled tropane derivatives, such as FP-CIT, in which the N-methyl group of the tropane was replaced by a [18F] fluoropropyl group...
- CARE INTEGRATION TEAM INTERVENTION DURING HOSPICE CARERebecca Allen; Fiscal Year: 2004..The purpose of the project in Years 3-5 is to develop and evaluate a two-pronged, Care Integration Team (CIT) intervention to improve communication among professional and personal caregivers for individuals receiving in-home ..
- Mechanism of DNA Damage Recognition in Higher EukaryotesSuk Hee Lee; Fiscal Year: 2005..Various mutants of damage recognition factors (RPA and XPC) will be used to examine any unique role these proteins possess in 3' and 5' incising. ..
- Examining Parameters of Constraint-Induced TherapyKathye Light; Fiscal Year: 2009Constraint Induced Therapy (CIT), a novel approach to rehabilitating upper limb hemiparesis in individuals post-stroke, has received a great deal of attention at national physical therapy conferences, scientific meetings, and several ..
- High Resolution EEG Source Imaging: Validation StudyBin He; Fiscal Year: 2005..The specific goal of the proposed research project is to validate a high-resolution cortical imaging technique (CIT), which promises to reconstruct electrocorticogram (ECoG) from noninvasive scalp electrical recordings and patients'..
- Ethnic Variations in Antidepressant ResponseRUSSELL POLAND; Fiscal Year: 2005..200 African Americans and 200 Caucasians) with DSM-IV major depression prospectively treated with citalopram (CIT)...
- SPECT IMAGING OF DA FUNCTION IN COCAINE DEPENDENCERobert Malison; Fiscal Year: 1999Work by our group using I23I]beta-CIT SPECT has shown increased (about 25%) levels of dopamine transporters (DAT) in acutely abstinent (< 96 h) cocaine addicts as compared to healthy controls...
- Driving neuroplasticity with nerve stimulation and modified CITLumy Sawaki; Fiscal Year: 2007..A new emerging approach called constraint induced therapy (CIT) is an intensive functional motor training and has produced promising results in the field of stroke rehabilitation...
- Helen S Mayberg; Fiscal Year: 2016..these subtypes, a prospectively-treated cohort of 100 patients will be randomized to receive either escitalopram (s-CIT) or CBT for the first 12 weeks, with non- remitters to either first treatment crossed over to receive an additional ..
- Acute Rejection and Cadaveric Renal Allograft ShipmentFrancis Weng; Fiscal Year: 2004..Shipment can impact allograft survival via the level of HLA matching and the duration of cold ischemia time (CIT). Shipment and increased CIT may augment allograft immunogenicity and increase rates of acute rejection (AR)...
- Stem Cell Integration in the Injured HippocampusBjorn Scheffler; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- SIMPLE GENERATOR FOR RADIOHALOGENATED SPECT AGENTSRICHARD MILIUS; Fiscal Year: 1993..The radioligand to be used to demonstrate feasibility of this approach is beta-CIT (2beta-Carbomethoxy-3beta--iodophenyltropane), a compound with high affinity for dopamine reuptake sites in human ..
- Ethnic Variations in Antidepressant ResponseIra Lesser; Fiscal Year: 2005..200 African Americans and 200 Caucasians) with DSM-LV majordepression prospectively treated with citalopram (CIT)...
- (123 I) B CIT SPECT IN PARKINSONS DISEASE PROGRESSIONKenneth Marek; Fiscal Year: 2001..will investigate whether sequential single photon emission computerized tomography (SPECT) imaging with [123I]^D-CIT (2^D-carbomethoxy-3^D-(4- iodophenyl)tropane), a marker of dopamine terminal integrity, will provide a quantitative ..
- CI Therapy and Novel Virtual EnvironmentsCarolee Winstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..use of a novel computer generated virtual scenario (VS), alone and with a protocol of constraint-induced therapy (CIT), for stroke rehabilitation...
- An Imageing Marker for Parkinson's DiseaseDanna Jennings; Fiscal Year: 2004..The primary goal of this project is to examine the sensitivity and specificity of DAT imaging using [123I]beta-CIT and SPECT imaging as a diagnostic marker in subjects with suspected PD or PS...
- Development of an Imaging Marker for Parkinson's DiseaseDanna Jennings; Fiscal Year: 2002..The primary goal of this project is to examine the sensitivity and specificity of DAT imaging using (3-CIT and SPECT imaging as a diagnostic marker in subjects with suspected PD or PS...
- Functional Brain Reorganization in Stroke RecoveryAndrew Papanicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2009..the neurophysiological mechanisms that mediate the effectiveness of therapies, like the Constraint-Induced Therapy (CIT), which are reputed to enhance the recovery process...
- Ethnic Variations In Anti-Depressant ResponseHector Myers; Fiscal Year: 2005..200 African Americans and 200 Caucasians)with DSM-IV major depression prospectively treated with citalopram (CIT)...
- Guanfacine Treatment for Prefrontal Cognitive Dysfunction in Elderly SubjectsChristopher H van Dyck; Fiscal Year: 2010..This Pilot Clinical Trial will provide essential preliminary data for a subsequent full-scale trial of guanfacine for prefrontally-mediated cognitive dysfunction in elderly subjects. ..
- Correlates of Duration of Initial Untreated PsychosisMICHAEL COMPTON; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall aim of the research project is to provide an in-depth exploration of the potential causes and consequences of initially untreated psychosis among first-episode patients. ..
- Testing a Systems Level Intervention to Improve Police Response to Persons with MAmy Watson; Fiscal Year: 2008..to focusing law enforcement response in these situations has been the implementation of Crisis Intervention Teams (CIT)...
- Police, Procedural Justice & Persons with Mental IllnessAmy Watson; Fiscal Year: 2007..This in turn may increase law enforcements' ability to effectively respond to persons with mental illness, reduce officer injuries, and improve public safety. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetics of Opioid Dependence in a Hmong (Thai) IsolateRobert Malison; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such studies, we believe, afford significant, perhaps uniquely powerful, advantages for identifying susceptibility loci for OD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cocaine, Disulfiram & DBH: A Pharmacomechanistic StudyRobert Malison; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- TREATMENT FOR ALCHOLISM: A PRIMATE MODELKELLY COSGROVE; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, the effects of bremazocine and naltrexone on ethanol self-administration as a function of sex will be investigated. ..
- Emory Molecular and Translational Imaging CenterCarolyn Meltzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development and Applications of Novel SERT PET LigandsMark Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once SERT binding is determined in depressed patients, we will be able to assess the relationship of SERT binding and treatment response to SSRIs. ..