Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CIAO1
Description: cytosolic iron-sulfur assembly component 1
Alias: CIA1, WDR39, WD repeat domain 39, WD repeat-containing protein 39, WD40 protein Ciao1, cytosolic iron-sulfur protein assembly 1 homolog
- Identification of four new quantitative trait loci regulating arthritis severity and one new quantitative trait locus regulating autoantibody production in rats with collagen-induced arthritisM M Griffiths
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Arthritis Rheum 43:1278-89. 2000..Collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) is a polygenic model of experimentally induced autoimmunity and chronic joint inflammation. This study maps genetic loci that regulate CIA susceptibility in DA/Bkl (DA) and BN/SsNHsd (BN) rats...
- Human CIA2A-FAM96A and CIA2B-FAM96B integrate iron homeostasis and maturation of different subsets of cytosolic-nuclear iron-sulfur proteinsOliver Stehling
Institut fur Zytobiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Robert Koch Strasse, Germany
Cell Metab 18:187-98. 2013..Here, we identify and characterize human CIA2A (FAM96A), CIA2B (FAM96B), and CIA1 (CIAO1) as components of the cytosolic Fe/S protein assembly (CIA) machinery...
- MMS19 links cytoplasmic iron-sulfur cluster assembly to DNA metabolismKerstin Gari
DNA Damage Response Laboratory, London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK, Clare Hall, South Mimms EN6 3LD, UK
Science 337:243-5. 2012..Here, we demonstrate that MMS19 forms a complex with the cytoplasmic Fe-S assembly (CIA) proteins CIAO1, IOP1, and MIP18. Cytoplasmic MMS19 also binds to multiple nuclear Fe-S proteins involved in DNA metabolism...
- MMXD, a TFIIH-independent XPD-MMS19 protein complex involved in chromosome segregationShinsuke Ito
Human Cell Biology Group, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, 1 3 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cell 39:632-40. 2010..Instead, it included FAM96B (now designated MIP18), Ciao1, and ANT2. MMS19, MIP18, and XPD localized to the mitotic spindle during mitosis...
- Ciao 1 is a novel WD40 protein that interacts with the tumor suppressor protein WT1R W Johnstone
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 273:10880-7. 1998..Thus, Ciao 1 appears to specifically modulate the transactivation activity of WT1 and may function to regulate the physiological functions of WT1 in cell growth and differentiation...
- A Glutaredoxin-BolA Complex Serves as an Iron-Sulfur Cluster Chaperone for the Cytosolic Cluster Assembly MachineryAvery G Frey
NIDDK, NIH, United States
J Biol Chem . 2016..Fe-S coordination by Glrx3-BolA2 did not depend on Ciapin1 or Ciao1, proteins that bind Glrx3 and are involved in cytosolic Fe-S cluster assembly and distribution...
- Human DNA polymerase ε is phosphorylated at serine-1940 after DNA damage and interacts with the iron-sulfur complex chaperones CIAO1 and MMS19Tatiana N Moiseeva
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Hillman Cancer Center, Research Pavilion, Suite 2 6, 5117 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 1863, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 43:9-17. 2016..We also describe novel interactions between POLE1 and the iron-sulfur cluster assembly complex CIA proteins CIAO1 and MMS19...
- The Association of the Xeroderma Pigmentosum Group D DNA Helicase (XPD) with Transcription Factor IIH Is Regulated by the Cytosolic Iron-Sulfur Cluster Assembly PathwayAjay A Vashisht
From the Department of Biological Chemistry, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095
J Biol Chem 290:14218-25. 2015..We recently identified a cytoplasmic Fe-S cluster assembly (CIA) targeting complex composed of MMS19, CIAO1, and FAM96B that is required for the biogenesis of extramitochondrial Fe-S proteins including XPD...
- Viperin is an iron-sulfur protein that inhibits genome synthesis of tick-borne encephalitis virus via radical SAM domain activityArunkumar S Upadhyay
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Virology, Umea University, SE 901 85, Umea, Sweden
Cell Microbiol 16:834-48. 2014..ER localization for full antiviral activity and to interact with the cytosolic Fe/S protein assembly factor CIAO1. Radiolabelling in vivo revealed incorporation of (55) Fe, indicative for the presence of an Fe-S cluster...
- Reverse PCA, a systematic approach for identifying genes important for the physical interaction between protein pairsIfat Lev
Faculty of life sciences Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
PLoS Genet 9:e1003838. 2013..This method will facilitate the study of protein structure-function relationships, and may help in elucidating the mechanisms that regulate PPIs. ..
- Evolution of the cytosolic iron-sulfur cluster assembly machinery in Blastocystis species and other microbial eukaryotesAnastasios D Tsaousis
Centre for Comparative Genomics and Evolutionary Bioinformatics, Dalhousie University, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Eukaryot Cell 13:143-53. 2014..strain NandII. We identified transcripts encoding six of the components-Cia1, Cia2, MMS19, Nbp35, Nar1, and a putative Tah18-and showed using immunofluorescence microscopy, immunoelectron ..
- Inhibited PTHLH downstream leukocyte adhesion-mediated protein amino acid N-linked glycosylation coupling Notch and JAK-STAT cascade to iron-sulfur cluster assembly-induced aging network in no-tumor hepatitis/cirrhotic tissues (HBV or HCV infection) by syLin Wang
Biomedical Center, School of Electronic Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing, 100876, China
Integr Biol (Camb) 4:1256-62. 2012..coupling Notch and JAK-STAT cascade to iron-sulfur cluster assembly-induced aging network included TSTA3, ALK, CIAO1, NOTCH3 in no-tumor hepatitis/cirrhotic tissues from the GEO data set using gene regulatory network inference ..
- Polyanionic stretch-deleted histone chaperone cia1/Asf1p is functional both in vivo and in vitroTakashi Umehara
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Genes Cells 7:59-73. 2002..cerevisiae Asf1p, but not in human CIA. We investigated how CIA/Asf1p utilizes its domain(s) for the alteration of nucleosomal structure...
- IOP1 protein is an external component of the human cytosolic iron-sulfur cluster assembly (CIA) machinery and functions in the MMS19 protein-dependent CIA pathwayMineaki Seki
Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 288:16680-9. 2013..The roles of each component are also largely unknown. Here, we show that MMS19, MIP18, and CIAO1 form a tight "core" complex and that IOP1 is an "external" component of this complex...
- The mammalian proteins MMS19, MIP18, and ANT2 are involved in cytoplasmic iron-sulfur cluster protein assemblyNiek van Wietmarschen
European Research Institute for the Biology of Ageing, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 287:43351-8. 2012..repair protein homolog MMS19 can simultaneously bind probable cytosolic iron-sulfur protein assembly protein CIAO1 and Fe-S proteins, confirming that MMS19 is a central protein of the CIA machinery that brings Fe-S cluster donor ..
- A bridging [4Fe-4S] cluster and nucleotide binding are essential for function of the Cfd1-Nbp35 complex as a scaffold in iron-sulfur protein maturationDaili J A Netz
Institut für Zytobiologie und Zytopathologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Robert Koch Strasse 6, 35032 Marburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:12365-78. 2012..the C-terminal Fe-S cluster may be ideal for its facile assembly, labile binding, and efficient transfer to target Fe-S apoproteins, a step facilitated by the cytosolic iron-sulfur (Fe-S) protein assembly proteins Nar1 and Cia1 in vivo.
- Peripheral blood DNA methylation profiles are indicative of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: an epigenome-wide association studyScott M Langevin
Department of Epidemiology, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Epigenetics 7:291-9. 2012..and controls were best differentiated by a methylation profile of six CpG loci (associated with FGD4, SERPINF1, WDR39, IL27, HYAL2 and PLEKHA6), with an AUC of 0.73 (95% CI: 0.62-0.82)...
- The leaf reticulate mutant dov1 is impaired in the first step of purine metabolismChristian Rosar
Institute for Plant Biochemistry, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Universitatsstrasse 1, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Mol Plant 5:1227-41. 2012..dov1 is allelic to the previously characterized cia1-2 mutant that was isolated in a screen for mutants with impaired chloroplast protein import...
- The DUF59 family gene AE7 acts in the cytosolic iron-sulfur cluster assembly pathway to maintain nuclear genome integrity in ArabidopsisDexian Luo
National Laboratory of Plant Molecular Genetics and Centre for Plant Gene Research Shanghai, Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
Plant Cell 24:4135-48. 2012..AE7 is part of a protein complex with CIA1, NAR1, and MET18, which are highly conserved in eukaryotes and are involved in the biogenesis of cytosolic and ..
- The mammalian DUF59 protein Fam96a forms two distinct types of domain-swapped dimerKai En Chen
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Division of Chemistry and Structural Biology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 68:637-48. 2012..site of bacterial DUF59 proteins is not conserved in Fam96a, but Fam96a interacts tightly in vitro with Ciao1, the cytosolic iron-assembly protein...
- Characterization of Arabidopsis glutamine phosphoribosyl pyrophosphate amidotransferase-deficient mutantsWei Fon Hung
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan
Plant Physiol 135:1314-23. 2004..Positional cloning of one of the loci, CIA1, revealed that CIA1 encodes Gln phosphoribosyl pyrophosphate amidotransferase 2 (ATase2), one of the three ATase ..
- A genome scan localizes five non-MHC loci controlling collagen-induced arthritis in ratsE F Remmers
Inflammatory Joint Diseases Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Genet 14:82-5. 1996..Not surprisingly, we identified a major susceptibility factor, Cia1, on chromosome 20 in the vicinity of the rat major histocompatibility complex (MHC)...
- Localization of quantitative trait loci regulating adjuvant-induced arthritis in rats: evidence for genetic factors common to multiple autoimmune diseasesY Kawahito
The Inflammatory Joint Diseases Section, Arthritis and Rheumatism Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, MD 20892 1820, USA
J Immunol 161:4411-9. 1998..We found two quantitative trait loci (QTLs) in common, i.e., Aia1/Cia1 on chromosome 20, which includes the MHC, and Aia3/Cia3 on chromosome 4...
- Localization of non-Mhc collagen-induced arthritis susceptibility loci in DBA/1j miceR A McIndoe
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:2210-4. 1999..One susceptibility locus, Cia1 in the major histocompatibility locus, had been identified previously...
- Effect of ionizing irradiation on human esophageal cancer cell lines by cDNA microarray gene expression analysisHideki Bo
Department of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Gerontology, Nippon Medical School
J Nippon Med Sch 71:172-80. 2004..GSTM3, and SP3 and common downregulated genes involved NFIL3, SMARCA2, CAPZA1, MetAP2, CITED2, DAP3, MGAT2, ATRX, CIAO1, and STAT6. Several of these genes were novel and not previously known to be associated with irradiation...
- Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of the histone chaperone cia1 from fission yeastTakashi Umehara
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro, Tsurumi, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 61:971-3. 2005In fission yeast, cia1+ is an essential gene that encodes a histone chaperone, a homologue of human CIA (CCG1-interacting factor A) and budding yeast Asf1p (anti-silencing function-1), which both facilitate nucleosome assembly by ..
- The essential WD40 protein Cia1 is involved in a late step of cytosolic and nuclear iron-sulfur protein assemblyJanneke Balk
Institut für Zytobiologie und Zytopathologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 25:10833-41. 2005..Here, we have identified and functionally characterized a novel WD40 repeat protein, designated Cia1, as an essential component required for Fe/S cluster assembly in vivo on cytosolic and nuclear, but not ..
- Chromatin dynamics mediated by histone modifiers and histone chaperones in postreplicative recombinationHirohito Endo
Tohoku University, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Genes Cells 15:945-58. 2010..Here, histone H3 Lys56 acetylation, mediated by the histone acetyltransferase Rtt109 and the histone chaperone Cia1/Asf1, is shown to be required for postreplicative sister chromatid recombination...
- Production of a recombinant industrial protein using barley cell culturesA Ritala
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, P O Box 1000, 02044 Espoo, VTT, Finland
Protein Expr Purif 59:274-81. 2008..For this study the human Collagen I alpha 1 (CIa1) chain gene encoding the complete helical region of CIa1 optimized for monocot expression was fused to its N- and C-..
- Crystal structures of fission yeast histone chaperone Asf1 complexed with the Hip1 B-domain or the Cac2 C terminusAli D Malay
Yokohama Institute, RIKEN, Tsurumi, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:14022-31. 2008..Here we report the crystal structures of the apo-form of fission yeast Asf1/Cia1 (SpAsf1N; residues 1-161) as well as its complexes with the B-domain of the fission yeast HIRA orthologue Hip1 (..
- Structure of the yeast WD40 domain protein Cia1, a component acting late in iron-sulfur protein biogenesisVasundara Srinivasan
Department of Molecular Membrane Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biophysics, Max von Laue Str 3, D 60438 Frankfurt M, Germany
Structure 15:1246-57. 2007..Human Ciao1, which reportedly interacts with the Wilms' tumor suppressor, WT1, is structurally similar to yeast Cia1...
- Genetic regulation of T regulatory, CD4, and CD8 cell numbers by the arthritis severity loci Cia5a, Cia5d, and the MHC/Cia1 in the ratMax Brenner
Laboratory of Experimental Rheumatology, The Robert S Boas Center for Genomics and Human Genetics, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York, USA
Mol Med 13:277-87. 2007..DA(Cia1), DA.F344(Cia5a), and DA.F344(Cia5d) rats congenic for arthritis QTL...
- The Cfd1-Nbp35 complex acts as a scaffold for iron-sulfur protein assembly in the yeast cytosolDaili J A Netz
Institut fur Zytobiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Robert Koch Strasse 6, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
Nat Chem Biol 3:278-86. 2007..So far, four highly conserved proteins (Cfd1, Nbp35, Nar1 and Cia1) have been identified as members of the cytosolic [Fe-S] protein assembly machinery, but their molecular function ..
- Thio modification of yeast cytosolic tRNA is an iron-sulfur protein-dependent pathwayYumi Nakai
Department of Biochemistry, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigakumachi, Takatsuki 569 8686, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:2841-7. 2007..We demonstrate here that the three CIA components, Cfd1, Nbp35, and Cia1, are required for the 2-thio modification of cy-tRNAs but not of mt-tRNAs...
- CUL4-DDB1 ubiquitin ligase interacts with multiple WD40-repeat proteins and regulates histone methylationLeigh Ann Higa
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:1277-83. 2006..Our studies suggest that CUL4-DDB1 ligases use WDR proteins as molecular adaptors for substrate recognition, and modulate multiple biological processes through ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis...