Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHMP2B
Description: charged multivesicular body protein 2B
Alias: ALS17, CHMP2.5, DMT1, VPS2-2, VPS2B, charged multivesicular body protein 2b, VPS2 homolog B, chromatin modifying protein 2B, vacuolar protein-sorting-associated protein 2-2
Publications291 found, 100 shown here
- ALS phenotypes with mutations in CHMP2B (charged multivesicular body protein 2B)N Parkinson
MRC Prion Unit, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK
Neurology 67:1074-7. 2006Mutation in the CHMP2B gene has been implicated in frontotemporal dementia. The authors screened CHMP2B in patients with ALS and several cohorts of control samples. They identified mutations (Q206H; I29V) in two patients with non-SOD1 ALS...
- Divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) regulation by Ndfip1 prevents metal toxicity in human neuronsJason Howitt
Florey Neuroscience Institutes and Centre for Neuroscience, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15489-94. 2009..The divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) plays a central role in the regulation of Fe as well as other metals; hence, failure of DMT1 regulation is linked ..
- Small molecule inhibitors of divalent metal transporter-1Peter D Buckett
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, 665 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G798-804. 2009Divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) is a divalent cation transporter that plays a key role in iron metabolism by mediating ferrous iron uptake across the small intestine...
- AIP1/ALIX is a binding partner for HIV-1 p6 and EIAV p9 functioning in virus buddingBettina Strack
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 114:689-99. 2003..These observations identify AIP1 as a component of the viral budding machinery, which serves to link a distinct region in the L domain of HIV-1 p6 and EIAV p9 to ESCRT-III...
- The protein network of HIV buddingUta K von Schwedler
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Cell 114:701-13. 2003..These studies define a protein network required for human MVB biogenesis and indicate that the entire network participates in the release of HIV and probably many other viruses...
- Divergent retroviral late-budding domains recruit vacuolar protein sorting factors by using alternative adaptor proteinsJuan Martin-Serrano
Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12414-9. 2003....
- Mutations in the endosomal ESCRTIII-complex subunit CHMP2B in frontotemporal dementiaGaia Skibinski
MRC Prion Unit, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK
Nat Genet 37:806-8. 2005..Here we identify a mutation in CHMP2B, encoding a component of the endosomal ESCRTIII complex, and show that it results in aberrant mRNA splicing in ..
- ESCRT-III recognition by VPS4 ATPasesMelissa D Stuchell-Brereton
Department of Biochemistry, Room 4100, 15 N Medical Drive East, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5650, USA
Nature 449:740-4. 2007..Structures of VPS4A MIT-CHMP1A and VPS4B MIT-CHMP2B complexes reveal that the C-terminal CHMP motif forms an amphipathic helix that binds in a groove between the last ..
- CHMP2B C-truncating mutations in frontotemporal lobar degeneration are associated with an aberrant endosomal phenotype in vitroJulie van der Zee
Neurodegenerative Brain Diseases Group, Department of Molecular Genetics, VIB, Antwerpen, Belgium
Hum Mol Genet 17:313-22. 2008The charged multivesicular body protein 2B gene (CHMP2B) was recently associated with frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD) linked to chromosome 3 in a Danish FTLD family (FTD-3)...
- Mutations in CHMP2B in lower motor neuron predominant amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)Laura E Cox
Department of Neuroscience, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e9872. 2010..A mutation in CHMP2B was recently identified in a Danish pedigree with autosomal dominant FTD...
- Human ESCRT-III and VPS4 proteins are required for centrosome and spindle maintenanceEiji Morita
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5650, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12889-94. 2010....
- Charged multivesicular body protein 2B (CHMP2B) of the endosomal sorting complex required for transport-III (ESCRT-III) polymerizes into helical structures deforming the plasma membraneGilles Bodon
INSERM, U836, Equipe 2, Neurodégénérescence et Plasticité, Grenoble F 38042, France
J Biol Chem 286:40276-86. 2011..Here, we show that depletion of VPS4 induces specific accumulation of endogenous CHMP2B at the plasma membrane...
- ESCRT-III CHMP2A and CHMP3 form variable helical polymers in vitro and act synergistically during HIV-1 buddingGrégory Effantin
Unit of Virus Host Cell Interactions, UMI 3265, Université Joseph Fourier EMBL CNRS, 6 rue Jules Horowitz, 38042 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Cell Microbiol 15:213-26. 2013..to HIV-1 budding, and the CHMP3 contribution is ~ 10-fold more pronounced in concert with CHMP2A than with CHMP2B. This is consistent with surface plasmon resonance affinity measurements that suggest sequential CHMP4B-CHMP3-..
- ESCRT-III dysfunction causes autophagosome accumulation and neurodegenerationJin A Lee
Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease and Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Curr Biol 17:1561-7. 2007..mSnf7-2 binds to CHMP2B, another ESCRT-III subunit, in which a rare dominant mutation is associated with frontotemporal dementia linked to ..
- CHMP2B mutations are not a common cause of frontotemporal lobar degenerationAshley Cannon
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Neurosci Lett 398:83-4. 2006..It has since been claimed that a mutation in the splice acceptor site of exon 6 of CHMP2B is the pathogenic variant in this family...
- CHMP2B mutations are not a common cause of familial or sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosisI P Blair
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:849-50. 2008
- Presymptomatic generalized brain atrophy in frontotemporal dementia caused by CHMP2B mutationJonathan D Rohrer
Dementia Research Centre, Institute of Neurology, University College, London, UK
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 27:182-6. 2009b>CHMP2B mutations are a rare cause of familial frontotemporal dementia (FTD)...
- Disruption of endocytic trafficking in frontotemporal dementia with CHMP2B mutationsHazel Urwin
MRC Prion Unit, UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:2228-38. 2010Mutations in CHMP2B cause frontotemporal dementia (FTD) in a large Danish pedigree, which is termed FTD linked to chromosome 3 (FTD-3), and also in an unrelated familial FTD patient...
- CHMP2B mutations are not a cause of dementia in Dutch patients with familial and sporadic frontotemporal dementiaPatrizia Rizzu
Department of Human Genetics, Section Medical Genomics, VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:944-6. 2006Mutations in the CHMP2B gene have been recently identified in a large Danish pedigree with autosomal dominant frontotemporal dementia (FTD) linked to chromosome 3 (FTD3)...
- Bioactivity of new mu and delta opioid peptidesAnna Capasso
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo 84084 Fisciano, Italy
Med Chem 3:480-7. 2007..b>Dmt1]Deltorphin B lacks activity at kappa-opioid binding sites...
- Mechanisms and regulation of intestinal iron absorptionEvan H Morgan
Department of Physiology, School of Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley 6009, Western Australia
Blood Cells Mol Dis 29:384-99. 2002..when they are in the crypts of Lieberkůhn and that this regulates expression of iron transporters such as DMT1 in mature enterocytes of the intestinal villi...
- Tissue distribution of manganese in iron-sufficient or iron-deficient rats after stainless steel welding-fume exposureJung Duck Park
College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, Seoul, Korea
Inhal Toxicol 19:563-72. 2007..Iron is an essential metal that maintains a homeostasis in the body. The divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) transports iron and other divalent metals, such as manganese, and the depletion of iron is known to upregulate ..
- The metabolism of neuronal iron and its pathogenic role in neurological disease: reviewTorben Moos
Department of Medical Anatomy, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1012:14-26. 2004..The concurrent expression of the ferrous iron transporter, divalent metal transporter I (DMT1), in neurons suggests that the internalization of transferrin is followed by detachment of iron within recycling ..
- Iron-activated iron uptake: a positive feedback loop mediated by iron regulatory protein 1Marto T Núñez
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Chile, Casilla 653, Santiago, Chile
Biometals 16:83-90. 2003..which, under conditions of iron depletion, up-regulate the expression of the iron acquisition proteins TfR and DMT1. It has been shown that hydrogen peroxide activates IRP1 and that this activation mediates a potentially harmful ..
- Pernicious anemia in a patient with Type 1 diabetes mellitus and alopecia areata universalisThrasivoulos G Tzellos
Department of Internal Medicine, Mamatseio General Hospital, Kozani, Greece
J Diabetes Complications 23:434-7. 2009A 27-year-old male, who had developed diabetes mellitus type 1 (DMT1) since the age of eighteen and alopecia areata universalis nine months later, attended the outpatient clinics complaining of general fatigue and shortness of breath...
- Low vitamin a intake affects milk iron level and iron transporters in rat mammary gland and liverShannon L Kelleher
Department of Nutrition, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Nutr 135:27-32. 2005..Effects on plasma, milk, liver and mammary gland Fe and vitamin A concentrations, and divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1), ferroportin (FPN), ferritin (Ft), and transferrin receptor (TfR) expression were determined...
- Endogenous opioid peptides contribute to antinociceptive potency of intrathecal [Dmt1]DALDAHazel H Szeto
Department of Pharmacology, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 305:696-702. 2003..These data suggest that i.t. [Dmt(1)]DALDA causes the release of dynorphin and [Met(5)]enkephalin-like substances that act at kappa and delta receptors, respectively, to contribute to the extraordinary potency of [Dmt(1)]DALDA...
- [Chronic complications and risk factors in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus--retrospective analysis]Elzbieta Kozek
Katerda i Klinika Chorób Metabolicznych Collegium Medicum Uniwersytet Jagielloński, Krakow
Przegl Lek 60:773-7. 2003..Chronic diabetic complications are the main problems in diabetology causing work unfitness, disability and premature death. Complete and homogenous assessment of diabetic complications is possible in hospitalised patients...
- Up-regulation of divalent metal transporter 1 in 6-hydroxydopamine intoxication is IRE/IRP dependentHong Jiang
Department of Physiology, Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Pathogenesis and Prevention of Neurological Disorders and State Key Disciplines Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, Qingdao 266071, China
Cell Res 20:345-56. 2010..iron content of the substantia nigra (SN) has been found in PD patients, and divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) has been shown to be up-regulated in the SN of both MPTP-induced PD models and PD patients...
- Vanadium induces dopaminergic neurotoxicity via protein kinase Cdelta dependent oxidative signaling mechanisms: relevance to etiopathogenesis of Parkinson's diseaseHilary Afeseh Ngwa
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Iowa Center for Advanced Neurotoxicology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 240:273-85. 2009..effect was accompanied by a time-dependent uptake of vanadium and upregulation of metal transporter proteins Tf and DMT1 in N27 cells...
- Neuropathologic features of frontotemporal lobar degeneration with ubiquitin-positive inclusions visualized with ubiquitin-binding protein p62 immunohistochemistryMaria Pikkarainen
Department of Clinical Medicine, Unit of Neurology, Section of Neuropathology, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 67:280-98. 2008..cases, 2 displayed p62-immunoreactive lesions suggestive of FTLD-U with a mutation in the charged multivesicular body protein 2B gene; 1 suggested basophilic inclusion body disease, and 1 was of a type not previously described...
- Transcellular transport of a highly polar 3+ net charge opioid tetrapeptideKesheng Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 304:425-32. 2003..Recent studies, however, suggest significant distribution of [Dmt1]DALDA (Dmt-D-Arg-Phe-Lys-NH2; Dmt is 2',6'-dimethyltyrosine), a 3+ net charge opioid peptide, to the brain and ..
- Up-regulation of divalent metal transporter 1 is involved in 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium (MPP(+))-induced apoptosis in MES23.5 cellsShuzhen Zhang
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, China
Neurobiol Aging 30:1466-76. 2009..In the present study, we investigate the involvement of divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) that accounts for the ferrous iron transport in MPP(+)-treated MES23.5 cells...
- Kinetics of manganese absorption in ligated small intestinal segments of broilersS P Bai
Mineral Nutrition Research Division, Institute of Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100193, P R China
Poult Sci 87:2596-604. 2008..broilers to study mechanisms of Mn absorption and the effect of Mn treatment on divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) mRNA levels in ligated segments from different intestinal regions of broilers...
- Transport of toxic metals by molecular mimicryNazzareno Ballatori
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:689-94. 2002..For example, DCT1 (divalent cation transporter-1; also known as NRAMP2 or DMT1) is considered to be a major cellular uptake mechanism for Fe(2+) and other essential divalent metals, but this ..
- [Molecular mechanisms of iron homeostasis]Carole Beaumont
INSERM U 409, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, BP 416, 16, rue Henri Huchard, 75870 Paris 18, France
Med Sci (Paris) 20:68-72. 2004..Fe (III) iron reduction by Dcytb and Fe (II) iron transport through apical membranes by the iron transporter Nramp2/DMT1. This is followed by iron transfer to the baso-lateral side, export by ferroportin and oxidation into Fe (III) by ..
- Carboxyl-terminus determinants of the iron transporter DMT1/SLC11A2 isoform II (-IRE/1B) mediate internalization from the plasma membrane into recycling endosomesSteven Lam-Yuk-Tseung
Department of Biochemistry, McGill Cancer Center and Center for Host Resistance, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
Biochemistry 44:12149-59. 2005Mutations in DMT1 (Nramp2 and Slc11a2) impair iron metabolism and cause microcytic anemia...
- A mutation in the TMPRSS6 gene, encoding a transmembrane serine protease that suppresses hepcidin production, in familial iron deficiency anemia refractory to oral ironMaria Antonietta Melis
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita di Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Haematologica 93:1473-9. 2008..Defective hepcidin synthesis causes iron loading, while overproduction results in defective reticuloendothelial iron release and iron absorption...
- Nramp 2 (DCT1/DMT1) expressed at the plasma membrane transports iron and other divalent cations into a calcein-accessible cytoplasmic poolV Picard
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:35738-45. 2000Nramp2, also known as DMT1 and DCT1, is a 12-transmembrane (TM) domain protein responsible for dietary iron uptake in the duodenum and iron acquisition from transferrin in peripheral tissues...
- Dietary iron induces rapid changes in rat intestinal divalent metal transporter expressionK Y Yeh
Section of Hematology Oncology, Departments of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 279:G1070-9. 2000The divalent metal transporter (DMT1, also known as NRAMP2 or DCT1) is the likely target for regulation of intestinal iron absorption by iron stores...
- Alternative splicing regulates the subcellular localization of divalent metal transporter 1 isoformsMitsuaki Tabuchi
Center for Gene Research, Yamaguchi University, 1 1 1 Minami kogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 13:4371-87. 2002Divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) is responsible for dietary-iron absorption from apical plasma membrane in the duodenum and iron acquisition from the transferrin cycle endosomes in peripheral tissues...
- Expression of the iron transporter ferroportin in synaptic vesicles and the blood-brain barrierLaura Jui chen Wu
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res 1001:108-17. 2004..In recent years, several iron transporters, including the iron importer DMT1 (Ireg1, MTP, DCT1) and the iron exporter ferroportin (SLC11A3, Ireg, MTP1) have been cloned and characterized...
- Iron/IRP-1-dependent regulation of mRNA expression for transferrin receptor, DMT1 and ferritin during human erythroid differentiationJunji Kato
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Exp Hematol 35:879-87. 2007We investigated iron regulatory protein (IRP)-dependent expression of transferrin receptor (TfR), divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) and ferritin during erythroid differentiation system using an in vitro three-phase liquid culture.
- Effect of erythropoietin on hepcidin, DMT1 with IRE, and hephaestin gene expression in duodenum of ratsWei Na Kong
Laboratory of Molecular Iron Metabolism, College of Life Science, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, PR China
J Gastroenterol 43:136-43. 2008..Therefore, we have investigated the effect of rHuEpo on duodenal iron transport protein synthesis in rats...
- The type IV mucolipidosis-associated protein TRPML1 is an endolysosomal iron release channelXian Ping Dong
The Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, The University of Michigan, 3089 Natural Science Building Kraus, 830 North University, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 455:992-6. 2008..The divalent metal transporter protein DMT1 (also known as SLC11A2) is the only endosomal Fe(2+) transporter known at present and it is highly expressed in ..
- Rg1 protects the MPP+-treated MES23.5 cells via attenuating DMT1 up-regulation and cellular iron uptakeHuamin Xu
State Key Disciplines Physiology in Incubation, Department of Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, Qingdao 266071, China
Neuropharmacology 58:488-94. 2010..study showed MPP+ treatment induced up-regulation of divalent metal transporter 1 without iron responsive element (DMT1-IRE) in MES23.5 cells...
- Iron absorption and hepatic iron uptake are increased in a transferrin receptor 2 (Y245X) mutant mouse model of hemochromatosis type 3S F Drake
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, Fremantle Hospital, University of Western Australia, PO Box 480, Fremantle, 6959, WA, Australia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G323-8. 2007..Likewise, expression of genes participating in duodenal Fe uptake (Dcytb, DMT1) and transfer (ferroportin) were increased in TfR2 mutant mice...
- Zinc transport by respiratory epithelial cells and interaction with iron homeostasisZhongping Deng
Center for Environmental Medicine, Asthma and Lung Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7310, USA
Biometals 22:803-15. 2009..Western blot assay for DMT1 protein supported an elevated expression of this transport protein following zinc exposure...
- Mild steel welding fume causes manganese accumulation and subtle neuroinflammatory changes but not overt neuronal damage in discrete brain regions of rats after short-term inhalation exposureJames M Antonini
Health Effects Laboratory Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Neurotoxicology 30:915-25. 2009..responses, short-term MS fume inhalation induced significant elevations in divalent metal ion transporter 1 (Dmt1) expression in striatum and midbrain and significant increases in expression of proinflammatory chemokines (Ccl2, ..
- "Insects do not have sex hormones": a myth?A De Loof
Zoological Institute, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Gen Comp Endocrinol 111:245-60. 1998Mammals have two genes (SRY and DMT1) for testis formation-androgenesis, an anti-testis gene, DAX1, an anti-Müllerian duct hormone, and steroid sex hormones...
- Evidence for and consequences of chronic heme deficiency in Belgrade rat reticulocytesM D Garrick
Department of Biochemistry, 140 Farber Hall, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214 3000, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1449:125-36. 1999..Transferrin-dependent iron uptake is defective because of a mutation in Nramp2 (now DMT1, also called DCT1), the protein responsible for endosomal iron efflux...
- Fluorescent dyes alter intracellular targeting and function of cell-penetrating tetrapeptidesHazel H Szeto
Department of Pharmacology, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
FASEB J 19:118-20. 2005..impact of the fluorescent probe on a tetrapeptide, we substituted one of the amino acids (Lys4) in a tetrapeptide ([Dmt1]DALDA, Dmt-D-Arg-Phe-Lys-NH2 where Dmt = 2',6'-dimethyltyrosine) with two different fluorescent amino acids (beta-..
- Nephrotoxicity and the proximal tubule. Insights from cadmiumFrank Thevenod
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Nephron Physiol 93:p87-93. 2003..compartment, possibly using transporters for Fe(2+), Zn(2+) or Cu(2+), such as the divalent metal transporter DMT1. Free Cd(2+) ions in the extracellular space are translocated across apical and/or basolateral PTC membranes into ..
- Cloning and functional characterization of the Anopheles albimanus DMT1/NRAMP homolog: implications in iron metabolism in mosquitoesJesus Martinez-Barnetche
Centro De Investigacion sobre Enfermedades Infecciosas, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, Av Universidad 655, Col Sta Maria Ahuacatitlan, CP 62508 Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:532-9. 2007..Taken together, our results suggest an important role of AnaNRAMP in iron transport and indicate a role of the mosquito Malpighian tubule as an important organ for iron homeostasis...
- Mutations in progranulin (GRN) within the spectrum of clinical and pathological phenotypes of frontotemporal dementiaJohn C van Swieten
Department of Neurology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Neurol 7:965-74. 2008..20-30% of cases of FTD follow an autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance, and half of which are caused by defects in MAPT, CHMP2B, and VCP.
- Foot-shock stress-induced regional iron accumulation and altered iron homeostatic mechanisms in rat brainLong Ma
Department of Naval Medicine, The Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangyin Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Biol Trace Elem Res 126:204-13. 2008..Expression of ferritin, Transferrin receptor (TfR), divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1, with or without iron-responsive element), lactoferrin (Lf), and iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1) in rat ..
- Mechanism of increased iron absorption in murine model of hereditary hemochromatosis: increased duodenal expression of the iron transporter DMT1R E Fleming
Department of Pediatrics, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:3143-8. 1999..we tested the hypothesis that HFE-/- mice have increased duodenal expression of the divalent metal transporter (DMT1)...
- Angiotensin II-induced regulation of the expression and localization of iron metabolism-related genes in the rat kidneyNobukazu Ishizaka
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:195-202. 2007..II administration on the localization and expression of transferrin receptor (TfR), divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1), ferroportin 1 (FPN), and hepcidin mRNA in the rat kidney...
- Molecular genetic studies of DMT1 on 12q in French-Canadian restless legs syndrome patients and familiesLan Xiong
Laboratoire d étude des maladies du cerveau, Centre de Recherche du CHUM, Hopital Notre Dame, Universite de Montreal, 1560 rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:911-7. 2007..Animal models with mutation in (DMT1) divalent metal transporter 1 gene, an important brain iron transporter, demonstrate a similar iron deficiency ..
- Chemistry and biology of eukaryotic iron metabolismP Aisen
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 33:940-59. 2001..proteins (IRPs 1 and 2), a variety of ferrireductases in yeast an mammalian cells, membrane transporters (DMT1 and ferroportin 1), a multicopper ferroxidase involved in iron export from cells (hephaestin), and regulators of ..
- Membrane-inserted conformation of transmembrane domain 4 of divalent-metal transporterHongyan Li
Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hung Hom, Peoples Republic of China
Biochem J 372:757-66. 2003Divalent-metal transporter 1 (DMT1) is involved in the intestinal iron absorption and in iron transport in the transferrin cycle. It transports metal ions at low pH ( approximately 5.5), but not at high pH (7...
- Quinacrine attenuates increases in divalent metal transporter-1 and iron levels in the rat hippocampus, after kainate-induced neuronal injuryX S Wang
Department of Anatomy, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 119260 Singapore
Neuroscience 120:21-9. 2003..drug quinacrine on levels of expression of the non-heme iron transporter, divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) and iron, in the hippocampus of rats after kainate treatment...
- Altered dietary iron intake is a strong modulator of renal DMT1 expressionMark Wareing
School of Biological Sciences, Stopford Building, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F1050-9. 2003Divalent metal transporter1 (DMT1; also known as DCT1 or NRAMP2) is an important component of the cellular machinery responsible for dietary iron absorption in the duodenum...
- Over-expression of wild-type and mutant HFE in a human melanocytic cell line reveals an intracellular bridge between MHC class I pathway and transferrin iron uptakePatricia Fergelot
UMR 6061 CNRS Génétique et développement, Faculte de Medecine, 2, avenue du Pr Léon Bernard CS 34317, 35043 Rennes Cedex, France
Biol Cell 95:243-55. 2003..model will be of use in the elucidation of the functional interaction between intracellular HFE and iron transporters transferrin/transferrin receptor complexes and Slc11A2 (also named N-Ramp2 or DMT1) in different endosomal compartments.
- Age-dependent and iron-independent expression of two mRNA isoforms of divalent metal transporter 1 in rat brainYa Ke
Laboratory of Iron Metabolism, Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Neurobiol Aging 26:739-48. 2005The DMT1(Nramp2/DCT1) is a newly discovered proton-coupled metal-ion transport protein. The cellular localization and functional characterization of DMT1 suggest that it might play a role in physiological iron transport in the brain...
- Divalent metal transporter-1 decreases metal-related injury in the lungAndrew J Ghio
National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 289:L460-7. 2005..Based on the fate of iron in airway epithelial cells, we postulated that divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) participates in detoxification of metal associated with air pollution particles...
- Functional characterization of the E399D DMT1/NRAMP2/SLC11A2 protein produced by an exon 12 mutation in a patient with microcytic anemia and iron overloadSteven Lam-Yuk-Tseung
Department of Biochemistry, McGill Cancer Center and Center for Host Resistance, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y6
Blood Cells Mol Dis 35:212-6. 2005b>DMT1 (Nramp2, Slc11a2) mediates iron uptake at the intestinal brush border and across the membrane of acidified endosomes...
- Nitric oxide transcriptionally down-regulates specific isoforms of divalent metal transporter (DMT1) via NF-kappaBPrasad N Paradkar
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Neurochem 96:1768-77. 2006Studies were performed to examine the affect of nitric oxide (NO) on expression of the divalent metal transporter (DMT1) in undifferentiated P19 embryonic carcinoma cells...
- Comparison of mammalian cell lines expressing distinct isoforms of divalent metal transporter 1 in a tetracycline-regulated fashionMichael D Garrick
Department of Biochemistry, SUNY, Buffalo, NY, 14214, USA
Biochem J 398:539-46. 2006b>DMT1 (divalent metal transporter; also known as SLC11A2, DCT1 or Nramp2) is responsible for ferrous iron uptake in the duodenum, iron exit from endosomes during the transferrin cycle and some transferrin-independent iron uptake in many ..
- Is the association between TNF-alpha-308 A allele and DMT1 independent of HLA-DRB1, DQB1 alleles?Grazyna Deja
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Mediators Inflamm 2006:19724. 2006The aim of the study was to assess chosen factors of genetic susceptibility to DMT1: DRB1, DQB1, and TNF-alpha polymorphisms-308 (G/A) in children with DMT1 and their up-to-now healthy siblings...
- Olfactory uptake of manganese requires DMT1 and is enhanced by anemiaKhristy Thompson
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
FASEB J 21:223-30. 2007..Divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) is the major transporter responsible for intestinal iron absorption and its expression is regulated by body iron ..
- Virus induces metal-binding proteins and changed trace element balance in the brain during the course of a common human infection (coxsackievirus B3) in miceNils Gunnar Ilback
Infectious Diseases, Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden
Sci Total Environ 381:88-98. 2007..of the metal-binding/transporting proteins metallothionein (MT1 and MT3) and divalent-metal transporter 1 (DMT1) and whether it changes the balance of trace elements in the brain...
- H+-coupled nutrient, micronutrient and drug transporters in the mammalian small intestineDavid T Thwaites
Epithelial Research Group, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Exp Physiol 92:603-19. 2007..PepT1 (SLC15A1); the proton-coupled amino-acid transporter PAT1 (SLC36A1); the divalent metal transporter DMT1 (SLC11A2); the organic anion transporting polypeptide OATP2B1 (SLC02B1); the monocarboxylate transporter MCT1 (..
- Comparative capacities of the pig colon and duodenum for luminal iron absorptionFrancois Blachier
Laboratoire de Nutrition et Securite Alimentaire, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 85:185-92. 2007..Isolated colonocytes were found to express divalent metal transporter (DMT1) and ferritin, but to a lesser extent than the duodenal enterocytes...
- Intracellular localization and subsequent redistribution of metal transporters in a rat choroid plexus model following exposure to manganese or ironXueqian Wang
School of Health Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 230:167-74. 2008..e., divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1), metal transporter protein 1 (MTP1), and transferrin receptor (TfR), in the rat intact choroid plexus which ..
- Nicotine decreases DNA methyltransferase 1 expression and glutamic acid decarboxylase 67 promoter methylation in GABAergic interneuronsR Satta
Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:16356-61. 2008..i) a central nervous system nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) dysfunction, (ii) DNA-methyltransferase 1 (DMT1) overexpression in GABAergic neurons, and (iii) the down-regulation of reelin and GAD(67) expression caused by the ..
- Relationship between gene expression of duodenal iron transporters and iron stores in hemochromatosis subjectsJames E Nelson
Benaroya Research Institute and Center for Liver Disease, Digestive Disease Institute, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 298:G57-62. 2010..Duodenal biopsy samples were analyzed using real-time PCR for expression of DMT1, FPN1, DCYTB, and HEPH relative to GAPDH from 23 C282Y homozygotes, including 5 "nonexpressors" (serum ferritin <..
- Both Nramp1 and DMT1 are necessary for efficient macrophage iron recyclingShan Soe-Lin
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Exp Hematol 38:609-17. 2010Divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) and natural resistance-associated macrophage protein 1 (Nramp1) are iron transporters that localize, respectively, to the early and late endosomal compartments...
- Hepcidin directly inhibits transferrin receptor 1 expression in astrocytes via a cyclic AMP-protein kinase A pathwayFang Du
School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China
Glia 59:936-45. 2011..on the expression of iron uptake proteins, including transferrin receptor 1 (TfR1) and divalent metal transporter1 (DMT1) and the release protein ferroportin1 (Fpn1) in the cultured astrocytes...
- Lack of association between autism and four heavy metal regulatory genesSarah E Owens
Department of Pediatric Toxicology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 041, USA
Neurotoxicology 32:769-75. 2011..LAT1 and DMT1 function in Hg transport, and Hg exposure induces MTF1 and MT1a...
- Mechanism of copper transport at the blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier: influence of iron deficiency in an in vitro modelAndrew D Monnot
School of Health Sciences, Purdue University, 550 Stadium Mall Drive, CIVL1169, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 237:327-33. 2012..The effect of FeD on cellular Cu retention and transporters Cu transporter-1 (Ctr1), divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1), antioxidant protein-1 (ATOX1) and ATP7A was examined in choroidal epithelial Z310 cells...
- High-fat diet causes iron deficiency via hepcidin-independent reduction of duodenal iron absorptionThomas Sonnweber
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Nutr Biochem 23:1600-8. 2012..The mRNA and protein expressions of the duodenal iron transporters Dmt1 and Tfr1 were significantly higher in HFD- than in SD-fed mice, indicating enterocyte iron deficiency, whereas the ..
- Basal expression of copper transporter 1 in intestinal epithelial cells is regulated by hypoxia-inducible factor 2αKatayoun Pourvali
Diabetes and Nutritional Sciences Division, King s College London, London, UK
FEBS Lett 586:2423-7. 2012Hypoxia, via stabilization of HIF2α, regulates the expression of the intestinal iron transporters DMT1 and ferroportin. Here we investigated whether the intestinal copper importer Ctr1 was also regulated by hypoxia...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 immunoreactivity for granulovacuolar degenerationMasahiro Nakamori
Department of Clinical Neuroscience and Therapeutics, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Neuroreport 23:867-72. 2012..were subjected to immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescent techniques using anti-CDK5, anti-charged multivesicular body protein 2B (CHMP2B), anti-pSmad2/3, anti-ubiquitin (Ub), anti-phospho-TDP-43 and AT8 antibodies...
- Localization of CHMP2B-immunoreactivity in the brainstem of Lewy body diseaseTakashi Kurashige
Department of Clinical Neuroscience and Therapeutics, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Neuropathology 33:237-45. 2013..association between alpha-synucleinopathy and autophagy through immunohistochemical analysis of charged multivesicular body protein 2B (CHMP2B), a component of the ESCRT-pathway...
- Population-specific regulation of Chmp2b by Lbx1 during onset of synaptogenesis in lateral association interneuronsJun Xu
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e48573. 2012b>Chmp2b is closely related to Vps2, a key component of the yeast protein complex that creates the intralumenal vesicles of multivesicular bodies...
- DMT1 as a candidate for non-transferrin-bound iron uptake in the peripheral nervous systemRocio Martínez Vivot
Instituto de Química y Fisicoquímica Biológica IQUIFIB, UBA CONICET, Departamento de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956 Buenos Aires C1113AAD, Argentina
Biofactors 39:476-84. 2013..Divalent metal transporter 1(DMT1) has been widely described in literature as a key player in iron metabolism, but never before in the PNS context...
- Pro-inflammatory cytokines modulate iron regulatory protein 1 expression and iron transportation through reactive oxygen/nitrogen species production in ventral mesencephalic neuronsJia Wang
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, Qingdao, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1832:618-25. 2013..iron efflux in these cells, due to the upregulation of divalent metal transporter 1 with the iron response element (DMT1+IRE) and downregulation of ferroportin1 (FPN1)...
- Effects of different sources of copper on Ctr1, ATP7A, ATP7B, MT and DMT1 protein and gene expression in Caco-2 cellsChen Gao
College of Veterinary Medicine, Jilin University, Changchun 130062, China College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Qingdao Agricultural University, Qingdao 266109, China College of Agriculture, Dezhou University, Dezhou 253023, China
J Trace Elem Med Biol 28:344-50. 2014..were, respectively, added to culture media containing Caco-2 cells and their effects on Ctr1, ATP7A/7B, MT and DMT1 gene expression and protein expression were investigated and compared...
- Changes in iron transporter divalent metal transporter 1 in proximal jejunum after gastric bypassAndrés Marambio
Andrés Marambio, Guillermo Watkins, Andrea Riffo, Jaime Jans, Department of Surgery, University of Chile Clinical Hospital, Santiago 8380456, Chile
World J Gastroenterol 20:6534-40. 2014To describe the variation that divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) shows in patients after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) surgery.
- Identify mutation in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis cases using HaloPlex target enrichment systemZhi jun Liu
Department of Neurology and Institute of Neurology, Huashan Hospital, Institutes of Brain Science and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Neurobiol Aging 35:2881.e11-5. 2014..SOD1, SETX, FUS, ANG, TARDBP, ALS2, FIG4, VAPB, OPTN, DAO, VCP, UBQLN2, SPG11, SIGMAR1, DCTN1, SQSTM1, PFN1, and CHMP2B in 8 ALS probands. Using this approach, we got an average of 9.5 synonymous or missense mutations per sample...
- Identification of mutations allowing Natural Resistance Associated Macrophage Proteins (NRAMP) to discriminate against cadmiumMathieu Pottier
Institute for Integrative Biology of the Cell I2BC, Saclay Plant Sciences, Université Paris Saclay, CEA, CNRS, Universite Paris Sud, Gif sur Yvette, F 91198, France
Plant J 83:625-37. 2015..Introduction of the mutation F413I, located in a highly conserved domain, into the mammalian DMT1 transporter indicated that the importance of this residue in metal selectivity is conserved among NRAMP ..
- Dietary iron concentration influences serum concentrations of manganese in rats consuming organic or inorganic sources of manganeseHuaiyong Zhang
1Animal Nutrition Institute, Sichuan Agricultural University, 46 Xinkang Road, Ya an 625014, Sichuan, People s Republic of China
Br J Nutr 115:585-93. 2016..Duodenal divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) mRNA was lower (P<0·05) in H-Fe rats than in A-Fe rats for the MnSO4 treatment; however, no significant ..
- Iron depletion suppresses mTORC1-directed signalling in intestinal Caco-2 cells via induction of REDD1Ailsa Watson
Division of Cell Signalling and Immunology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Cell Signal 28:412-24. 2016..Iron depletion increased expression of iron-regulated proteins (TfR, transferrin receptor and DMT1, divalent metal transporter, as predicted, but it also promoted a marked reduction in growth and proliferation of ..
- Autoimmune gastritis among T1D individuals - important association?Ewa Rusak
The Upper Silesian Center for Child s Health, Katowice, Poland
Pediatr Endocrinol Diabetes Metab 21:177-183. 2015..Z tego powodu pacjenci z DMT1 powinni podlegać okresowej kontroli w celu wczesnego wykrycia nieprawidłowości...
- Cellular distribution of ferric iron, ferritin, transferrin and divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) in substantia nigra and basal ganglia of normal and beta2-microglobulin deficient mouse brainT Moos
Department of Medical Anatomy, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 46:549-61. 2000..brains revealed an unequivocal distribution of ferric iron, ferritin, transferrin and divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1), which were indistinguishable when normal and beta2m (-/-) mice were compared...
- Erythroid 5-aminolevulinate synthase, ferrochelatase and DMT1 expression in erythroid progenitors: differential pathways for erythropoietin and iron-dependent regulationHeinz Zoller
Department of Medicine, University Hospital Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 25, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Br J Haematol 118:619-26. 2002..These data provide new insights into the complex biochemical interaction between iron metabolism, haem biosynthesis and EPO biology...
- Effect of DMT1 knockdown on iron, cadmium, and lead uptake in Caco-2 cellsDesmond I Bannon
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 284:C44-50. 2003b>DMT1 (divalent metal transporter 1) is a hydrogen-coupled divalent metal transporter with a substrate preference for iron, although the protein when expressed in frog oocytes transports a broad range of metals, including the toxic metals ..
- DMT1 expression is increased in the lungs of hypotransferrinemic miceAndrew J Ghio
National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 284:L938-44. 2003..One potential candidate for such transferrin-independent uptake of iron is divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1), an established iron transporter...
- TDP-43 in familial and sporadic frontotemporal lobar degeneration with ubiquitin inclusionsNigel J Cairns
MRCPath, Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8118, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Pathol 171:227-40. 2007..1) familial FTD with mutations in progranulin (n = 36), valosin-containing protein (n = 5), charged multivesicular body protein 2B (n = 4), and linked to chromosome 9p (n = 7); 2) familial cases of FTD with unknown gene ..
- Over-expressed human divalent metal transporter 1 is involved in iron accumulation in MES23.5 cellsHua Min Xu
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, No 308 Ningxia Road, Qingdao, China
Neurochem Int 52:1044-51. 2008..However, the mechanism for this is largely unknown. Divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) is an important divalent cation transporter...
- Divalent metal-ion transporter DMT1 and its role in intestinal metal-ion uptakeBryan Mackenzie; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): DMT1 is a widely-expressed iron transporter that is essential for adequate intestinal absorption of iron and for transport of iron in red blood cell precursors for the production of hemoglobin...
- Chemical Genetics of Iron TransportMarianne Wessling-Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ferristatin also blocks iron uptake by DMT1, a ferrous iron transporter that functions in dietary iron absorption across the apical membrane of enterocytes and ..
- HFE: A Genetic Determinant of Olfactory Mn Absorption and ToxicityMarianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2010..of other divalent metals, and it is thought these effects arise due to malregulation of divalent metal transporter (DMT1)...
- Ferristatin: A New Small Molecule Inhibitor of Iron TransportMarianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2010..transferrin- mediated iron uptake and non-transferrin-bound iron uptake by Divalent Metal Transporter 1 (DMT1). Chlorazol black (NSC8679) is structurally similar and has comparable effects on transport...
- Iron Delivery in the Developing KidneyANDONG contact QIU; Fiscal Year: 2011..but deletion of its main components (transferring, transferrin receptor 1[Tfr1] or divalent metal transporter 1[DMT1]) has produced a much more limited phenotype than predicted by the ubiquity of these proteins or their conservation ..
- Jonghan Kim; Fiscal Year: 2014..The research areas are: i) biochemical assays for expression of DMT1 and its regulation by iron status and ii) pharmacokinetics of metal absorption from various routes of exposure, and ..
- Dextras1, Brain Iron Homeostasis and Mental HealthSangwon F Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..PAP7 also binds to the Divalent Metal Transporter (DMT1), an iron import channel...
- Jonathan M Barasch; Fiscal Year: 2016..the deletion of its main components (transferring, transferring receptor1[Tfr1], divalent metal transporter 1[DMT1], Steap3, TIM) has produced much more limited phenotypes in the embryos than might have been predicted by the ..
- Functional Testing of Conserved Regions in Eukaryotic Divalent Metal TransportersLisa Ann Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2012..Test the functional role of conserved amino acid residues in loop E3 of Nramp 1 and Nramp2 (DMT1) through exogenous expression studies and comparative kinetic analysis. 2...
- Tat and CDK9 on gene expression alterations coupled to HIV-1 Associated DementiaXavier Grana; Fiscal Year: 2010..IL-12), as well as deregulation of a number of genes that have been associated with dementia (GLS, SOD2, FGF2 and CHMP2B)...
- Role of Parkin in Regulating Manganese ToxicityJEROME ALLAN ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2010..that parkin is the E3 ligase responsible for the ubiquitination of the 1B isoforms of divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1), the major protein for transport of Mn...
- IRON TRANSPORT IN A MURINE MODEL OF HEMOCHROMATOSISRobert Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2004..2) decreases the crypt cell regulatory iron pool, which 3) increases apical expression of the iron transporter DMT1 in daughter enterocytes, which in turn, 4) increases dietary iron uptake...
- Wei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2014..responsible for Cu transport in brain barriers such as Cu transport protein-1 (Ctr1), divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) and ATP7A has been demonstrated, how Cu is transported by these transporters in brain barriers and by what ..
- Intestinal Iron Transport in Iron Deficiency/AnemiaJames Collins; Fiscal Year: 2005..We found that among iron transport genes, only the genes encoding the brush-border membrane proteins dcytb and DMT1 were consistently induced in anemia, while other genes involved in iron export from enterocytes such as ferroportin ..
- Peter W Schiller; Fiscal Year: 2016..novel bifunctional compounds incorporating various [unreadable] opioid agonists linked to the opioid peptide [Dmt1]DALDA which has a dual role as [unreadable] agonist component and as BBB-penetrating vector...
- HEMOCHROMATOSIS--MECHANISMS AND NOVEL THERAPIESLawrie Powell; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recent exciting discoveries including the hemochromatosis gene HFE and the metal transporters DMT1, hephaestin and SFT have provided the opportunity to study the steps in the pathway of iron uptake and transport ..
- Mechanistic basis for endosomal dysfunction in frontotemporal dementia linked toCHARLES G ODORIZZI; Fiscal Year: 2012..FTD linked to chromosome 3 (FTD3) is autosomal dominant and strongly linked to mutations in the CHMP2B gene, which encodes a subunit of the endosomal sorting complex required for transport-III (ESCRT-III)...
- Fen Biao Gao; Fiscal Year: 2016..Indeed, several genes, including CHMP2B, VCP, TDP-43, FUS, Ubiquilin 2, and C9ORF72, have been implicated in the molecular pathogenesis of both diseases...
- Daniel H Turnbull; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have also discovered that the Divalent Metal Transporter, DMT1 can be utilized as an effective reporter gene for MEMRI...
- Iron regulation at the CNS vascular barriers and agingRashid Deane; Fiscal Year: 2006..influx of iron across the blood-brain barrier and CP is a two-step process that requires both Tf receptor (TfR) and DMT1 (divalent metal transporter 1) with DMT1 being a rate limiting step, while efflux of Fe from the CNS is a one-step ..
- Cannabinoid Inhibition of Divalent Metal Transporter-1 ActivityMarianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2009..molecules, it was discovered that ?9-THC also potently blocks iron uptake by Divalent Metal Transporter-1 (DMT1)...
- BIFUNCTIONAL OPIOID PEPTIDE ANALGESICSPeter Schiller; Fiscal Year: 2009..and non-peptides) to various sites of the potent and highly selective [unreadable] opioid agonist peptide [Dmt1]DALDA (H-Dmt-D-Arg-Phe-Lys-NH2;Dmt = 2'6'- dimethyltyrosine) either directly or via a short linker in a ..
- Iron Signaling/Monocytes/Alcoholic Hepatitis PatientsHidekazu Tsukamoto; Fiscal Year: 2005..Real-time PCR and Western blot analysis will be performed on PBM to determine the expression of Nrampl, DMT1 (divalent metal transporter), ferroportin, TfR1 (transferrin receptor 1), HFE (a hemochromatosis gene product), ..
- Blood-Brain Barrier Nutrient TransportIan Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2006..transporter protein, GLUT1, and iron transport via the transferrin receptor and the divalent metal transporter, DMT1. The polarity of transport across cells in the periphery has been described for these systems and will be used to ..
- Modeling TDP-43 Dysfunction in vivoZuoshang Xu; Fiscal Year: 2009..whose mutation have been identified to cause FTD are microtubule-associated protein tau (MAPT), charged multivesicular body protein 2B (CHMP2B), vasolin-containing protein (VCP) and progranulin (PGRN)...
- SYSTEMICALLY-ACTIVE OPIOID PEPTIDE ANALOGSHazel Szeto; Fiscal Year: 2007..During the past 4 years, we have made significant progress towards the development of an opioid analgesic ([Dmt1]DALDA) that is superior compared to morphine in terms of potency, duration of action, and side effect profile...
- Role of DMT in Manganese Transport and NeurotoxicityKhristy Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004The goal of this proposal is to understand the role of DMT1 (Divalent Metal Transporter 1) in Mn neurotoxicity in correlation with iron-deficiency...
- CLONING OF MAMMALIAN LIVER IRON TRANSPORTER, DMT2Hiromi Gunshin; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>DMT1 (previously known as DCT1), which I recently cloned is a transmembrane transporter that accepts a variety of ..
- Molecular Pathways of Iron Detoxification in the LungDavid Haile; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our central hypothesis is that two recently identified transmembrane iron transporters, DMT1 (divalent metal transporter 1) and MTP1 (metal transporter protein 1), are key constituents of a novel mechanism ..
- Divalent Metal Transporter: Role in Manganese ToxicityJEROME ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2004..e. the divalent metal transporter, DMT1. This transporter has a very broad specificity and is responsible for the cellular uptake of other divalent cations ..
- International Workshops on Iron and Copper HomeostasisMichael Garrick; Fiscal Year: 2004..The organizers face a demand for a continuation and series. Clearly one can expect the third - fifth conferences to extend the success of the previous two to more scientists and trainees and more interacting metals ..
- A Genetic Model of Perinatal Iron DeficiencyErik Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2006..We are using a conditional KO model of an iron transporter (DMT1), and will examine its effects on structural and behavioral phenotypes related to learning & memory...
- Mitoprotective and antioxidant peptides for DM treatmentHazel Szeto; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mammalian Lactoferrin Receptors: Structure and FunctionBo Lonnerdal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, our understanding of the physiological significance of Lf and its receptor will be increased. ..
- Cell-Permeable Peptides for Mitochondrial ProtectionHazel Szeto; Fiscal Year: 2005..Potential collaborators for the animal studies have already been identified. ..
- PHARMACOKINETICS AND FETAL EXPOSURE TO NARCOTICSHazel Szeto; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed studies will provide new information on the functional roles of opiate receptor subtypes in the fetus, and should be helpful in the design of better analgesics for perinatal use. ..
- Copper Transport in LactationMaria Linder; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- INFLAMMATATION, IRON AND FERRITINS IN IRON ABSORPTIONMaria Linder; Fiscal Year: 2001..This is important since very little is currently known about these process at the molecular level and aberrations result in chronic over-absorption and iron overload. This is an adaptive response which is poorly understood. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF HIV1 CAPSID/CYCLOPHILIN COMPLEXWesley Sundquist; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, genetic analysis of mutants of CA in an HIV provirus will be used to test models that arise from the CA and CA-cyclophilin structures. ..
- Translational Control of Inflammatory Gene ExpressionPaul Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Intestinal ferroportin 1 expression and iron absorptionKwo Yih Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results should reveal mechanisms involved in the regulation and function of FPT1 and extend our understanding of intestinal iron absorption and body iron homeostatic regulation. ..
- Structural Biology of HIV Assembly, Budding, and EntryWesley Sundquist; Fiscal Year: 2006..In summary, our Program will provide significant insights into how the HIV virion functions as a machine that can enter and exit cells, and how these processes can be inhibited. ..
- Ferritin: Protein/mRNA/DNA in Fe/O Regulation/MetabolismELIZABETH C contact THEIL; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Workshop on Choroid Plexus in Brain Health and Disease.Wei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- IRON BINDING PROTEINS AND CONTROL OF IRON METABOLISMPhilip Aisen; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding the fundamental chemistry of iron transport, storage and utilization will provide the rational basis for managing the multitude of diseases where aberrations of iron metabolism contribute to cellular injury and death. ..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION MECHANISMS AND LEAD TOXICITYJoseph Bressler; Fiscal Year: 2001..Ultimately, a protein that is phosphorylated in rats with elevated levels of Pb2+ may provide a biomarker to monitor Pb2+. ..
- IRON & OXYGEN BIOLOGY IN SCD, HH & BETA-THAL MICEElizabeth Theil; Fiscal Year: 2002..The resulting information will be used to help probe the efficiency of presently available and experimental chelators, not only in promoting iron excretion but also in the prevention of defined types of cellular damage. ..
- Iron transport and its regulation in C. elegansMarianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2002..elegans; 3) Use genetic selection to establish transport mutants useful for the elucidation of additional proteins involved in iron import and/or export and the factors that regulate these processes. ..
- Workshop on Biolron in Thalassemia & Sickle Cell DiseaseElizabeth Theil; Fiscal Year: 2002..g. DMT1 for iron uptake, mitochondrial ferritin and ferroportin for iron exit and HFE for hemochromatosis...
- ROLE OF CERULOPLASMIN IN IRON METABOLISM AND OVERLOADPaul Fox; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal of this research is to understand the specific function of Cp in iron homeostasis, and especially its role in primary (genetic) and secondary (dietary) iron overload states. ..
- IRON TRANSPORT IN MAMMALIAN CELLSPhilip Aisen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Project 5: Structure, function and dynamics in transferrin investigates the molecular mechanisms through which the uptake and release of iron and other metals by transferrin are modulated by physiological factors. ..
- Mn transport in the Belgrade ratMarianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2003The focus of the proposed research is on DMT1 (Divalent Metal Transporter 1) and its role in Mn ingestion and inhalation...
- SFT FUNCTION AND REGULATION IN HEMOCHROMATOSISMarianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Interdisciplinary Training in Genetics and Complex Disease(RMI)Marianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Workshop on BioIron in Thalassemia, Sickle Cell Disease and HemochromatosisElizabeth Theil; Fiscal Year: 2004..Fuller understanding of iron homeostasis in Thalassemia, Sickle Cell Disease and Hemochromatosis and improved disease management strategies can be expected. ..
- Ferritin and Iron Nutrition in Health and DiseaseElizabeth Theil; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results will clarify mechanisms of ferritin iron uptake and characterize molecular genetic differences in iron uptake for improving dietary iron sources in health and disease. ..
- BELGRADE RAT: A MUTATION IN A CRITICAL METAL TRANSPORTERLAURA GARRICK; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the applicant's abstract): The Belgrade (b/b) rat has a G185R mutation in DMT1, resulting in a hypochromic, microcytic anemia that is inherited as a recessive...
- METHYLMERCURY TRANSPORT ACROSS CELL MEMBRANESNazzareno Ballatori; Fiscal Year: 2005..Evaluate the molecular mechanism by which NAC stimulates renal excretion of MeHg. IV. Test the hypothesis that urinary excretion of MeHg following an NAC oral challenge may be used as a new biomarker of MeHg exposure. ..
- DMT1:Tissue specific expression & alternative splicingMartha Mims; Fiscal Year: 2006..One recently identified protein is divalent metal ion transporter I (DMT1) which functions in iron absorption by the duodenal enterocyte and iron transport in the erythroblast...
- Creation of an In Vitro Brain Barrier Transport SystemWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Fluorescence-based screen to probe hepcidin-ferroportin interactionsMarianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2006..The project has broader applicability in the development of HTS to assay ligand-receptor interactions as well as representing a major advance towards the discovery of small molecule probes of iron transport. ..
- Membrane Polarization and Endothelial Cell MotilityPaul Fox; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pharmacological agents based on these results may be useful for inhibition of tumor angiogenesis or to enhance collateral blood vessel formation and the healing of synthetic vascular grafts. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONS OF THE HEPATIC GAMMA-GLUTAMYL CYCLENazzareno Ballatori; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Interdisciplinary Training in Genetics and Complex Disease(RMI)Marianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..