Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHIA
Description: chitinase, acidic
Alias: AMCASE, CHIT2, TSA1902, acidic mammalian chitinase, lung-specific protein TSA1902
Publications201 found, 100 shown here
- CHIT1 and AMCase expression in human gastric mucosa: correlation with inflammation and Helicobacter pylori infectionElisa Cozzarini
Department of Biology, 1st Surgical Clinic, Surgical Endoscopy Unit, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1119-26. 2009In this study, we analysed the expression of chitotriosidase (CHIT1) and acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) genes in human gastric mucosa biopsies to establish the function of the corresponding enzymes in patients with gastritis ..
- Acidic mammalian chitinase regulates epithelial cell apoptosis via a chitinolytic-independent mechanismDominik Hartl
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Immunol 182:5098-106. 2009b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is produced during and plays an important role in the pathogenesis of Th2-mediated diseases and antiparasite responses...
- The seed's protein and oil content, fatty acid composition, and growing cycle length of a single genotype of chia (Salvia hispanica L.) as affected by environmental factorsRicardo Ayerza
Office of Arid Lands Studies, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85705, USA
J Oleo Sci 58:347-54. 2009As a botanical source, variability in chia seed composition could be expected between growing locations, and between years within a location, due to genotype and environment effects as well genetic x environment's interactions...
- Interaction of Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus cathepsin protease progenitor (proV-CATH) with insect baculovirus chitinase as a mechanism for proV-CATH cellular retentionJeffrey J Hodgson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, 50 Stone Road East, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
J Virol 85:3918-29. 2011The insect baculovirus chitinase (CHIA) and cathepsin protease (V-CATH) enzymes cause terminal host insect liquefaction, enhancing the dissemination of progeny virions away from the host cadavers...
- Identification and characterization of the gene cluster involved in chitin degradation in a marine bacterium, Alteromonas sp. strain O-7Hiroshi Tsujibo
Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4 20 1 Nasahara, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 1094, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:263-70. 2002Alteromonas sp. strain O-7 secretes chitinase A (ChiA), chitinase B (ChiB), and chitinase C (ChiC) in the presence of chitin...
- Expression and characterization of endochitinase C from Serratia marcescens BJL200 and its purification by a one-step general chitinase purification methodBjørnar Synstad
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology, and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, PO Box 5003, N 1432 Aas, Norway
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:715-23. 2008..BJL200-ChiA and BJL200-ChiB had an approximately 30-fold higher k(cat) and 15 fold-lower K(m) than BJL200-ChiC1 for the ..
- A novel goose-type lysozyme gene with chitinolytic activity from the moderately thermophilic bacterium Ralstonia sp. A-471: cloning, sequencing, and expressionMitsuhiro Ueda
Graduate School of Life Science and Environment, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai, Osaka 599 8531, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 81:1077-85. 2009..This is the first report of another type of chitinase after the previously reported chitinases ChiA (Ra-ChiA) and ChiB (Ra-ChiB) in the chitinase system of the moderately thermophilic bacterium, Ralstonia sp...
- Characterization of a chitinase gene from Stenotrophomonas maltophilia strain 34S1 and its involvement in biological controlDonald Y Kobayashi
Department of Plant Biology and Pathology, Cook College, Rutgers State University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:1047-54. 2002..verified that the first 15 amino acids were identical to the deduced sequence of the mature protein encoded by chiA. Marker exchange mutagenesis of chiA resulted in mutant strain C5, which was devoid of chitinolytic activity and ..
- DNA variation in the acidic chitinase locus (ChiA) region in Arabis gemmifera and its related speciesAkira Kawabe
Laboratory of Plant Genetics, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8502 Japan
Genes Genet Syst 77:167-75. 2002We analyzed DNA variation at the acidic chitinase (ChiA) locus of Arabis gemmifera and among its eight related species. Nucleotide diversity (pi) of the entire locus in A. gemmifera was 0.0032, which was one third that of A. thaliana...
- Nutrient regime regulates complex transcriptional start site usage within a Pseudoalteromonas chitinase gene clusterMarina W Delpin
School of Biological Sciences, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
ISME J 3:1053-63. 2009..was transcribed as an operon and from each individual gene. chiA, chiB and chiC were found to possess multiple transcriptional start points (TSPs), the use of which was determined ..
- Increased expression of acidic mammalian chitinase and chitotriosidase in the nasal mucosa of patients with allergic rhinitisWoo Sung Cho
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Laryngoscope 120:870-5. 2010b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) has emerged as an important mediator of allergic asthma in both animal models and in humans...
- A viral chitinase enhances oral activity of TMOFLuisa Fiandra
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Milano, Milano, Italy
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 40:533-40. 2010..the gut, impairing insect digestive function, and Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus Chitinase A (AcMNPV ChiA), an enzyme that is able to alter the permeability of the peritrophic membrane (PM)...
- Expression, purification and in vitro antifungal activity of acidic mammalian chitinase against Candida albicans, Aspergillus fumigatus and Trichophyton rubrum strainsL Chen
Department of Dermatology, Institute of Surgery Reserach, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:55-60. 2009Evidence has suggested that acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) may be an important candidate in defence against and/or digestion of chitin-containing organisms, especially pathogenic fungi...
- Effect of chitinase inhibitors on endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU) in rabbitsClaudio Bucolo
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Pharmacol Res 57:247-52. 2008The acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is significantly increased in tears of human allergic conjunctivitis...
- Pulmonary cryptococcosis induces chitinase in the ratAlfin G Vicencio
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, USA
Respir Res 9:40. 2008..Because the cell wall of C. neoformans consists of chitin, and since acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) has recently been implicated as a novel mediator of asthma, we sought to determine whether such ..
- Nucleotide sequence and analysis of a gene (chiA) for a chitinase from Streptomyces lividans 66K Miyashita
National Institute of Agro Environmental Sciences, Ibaraki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 57:1691-8. 1993A chitinase gene (chiA) from Streptomyces lividans was characterized and its nucleotides sequenced...
- Cloning and functional expression of a chitinase cDNA from the common cutworm, Spodoptera litura, using a recombinant baculovirus lacking the virus-encoded chitinase geneT Shinoda
National Research Institute of Vegetables, Ornamental Plants and Tea, Ano, Mie 514 2392, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:521-32. 2001..To discriminate chitinase activity of recombinant Slchi from an active chitinase encoded in HycuNPV genome (chiA), we further knocked out the chiA gene from the recombinant virus...
- Distribution and evolution of chitinase genes in Streptomyces species: involvement of gene-duplication and domain-deletionA Saito
National Institute of Agro Environmental Sciences, Kan nondai 3 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8604, Japan
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 84:7-15. 2003..possessed a variety of chitinase genes prior to branching into many species, and that the ancestral genes of chiA and chiB have been generated by gene-duplication...
- Concerted action of diacetylchitobiose deacetylase and exo-beta-D-glucosaminidase in a novel chitinolytic pathway in the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1Takeshi Tanaka
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Katsura, Nishikyo ku, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:30021-7. 2004The hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1 possesses chitinase (Tk-ChiA) and exo-beta-D-glucosaminidase (Tk-GlmA) for chitin degradation; the former produces diacetylchitobiose (GlcNAc2) from chitin, and the latter ..
- Human gastric juice contains chitinase that can degrade chitinMaurizio G Paoletti
Department of Biology, Laboratory Agroecology and Ethnobiology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Ann Nutr Metab 51:244-51. 2007..Since this chitinase activity was demonstrated at acidic pH, it is currently referred to acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase)...
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression in Escherichia coli of the gene coding for phosphofructokinase in Lactobacillus bulgaricusP Branny
Laboratoire d Enzymologie du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvette, France
J Bacteriol 175:5344-9. 1993..Saillard, and J. M. Bové, J. Bacteriol. 172:2693-2703, 1990) and B. stearothermophilus (D. Walker, W. N. Chia, and H. Muirhead, J. Mol. Biol. 228:265-276, 1992; H. Sakai and T. Ohta, Eur. J. Biochem...
- [Essential expression and inducible synthesis polymorphism of chitinase in Bacillus thuringiensis]Chichu Xie
Department of Microbiology, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 26:1532-8. 2010..Two strains No. 38 and No. 75 belonged to different expression types. But we just found several different bases in the regulatory region of chitinase genes chiA and chiB from them.
- Identification of intestinal bacteria from Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) and their ability to digest chitinH Sugita
Department of Marine Science and Resources, Nihon University, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
Lett Appl Microbiol 43:336-42. 2006..The aim of the present study was to clarify the taxonomic status of intestinal bacteria isolated from Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) and describe their ability to digest chitin...
- The ChiA (YheB) protein of Escherichia coli K-12 is an endochitinase whose gene is negatively controlled by the nucleoid-structuring protein H-NSO Francetic
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire, CNRS URA1773, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75734 Paris, Cedex 15, France
Mol Microbiol 35:1506-17. 2000The chromosome of Escherichia coli K-12 contains a putative gene, yheB (chiA), at centisome 74.7, whose product shows sequence similarity with chitinases of bacterial and viral origin...
- Quantitation of fatty acids, sterols, and tocopherols in turpentine (Pistacia terebinthus Chia) growing wild in TurkeyBertrand Matthäus
Institute for Lipid Research, Federal Research Center for Nutrition and Food, Piusallee 68 76, 48147 Münster, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 54:7667-71. 2006..Other sterols in noteworthy amounts were campesterol, Delta5-avenasterol, and stigmasterol, which came to about 3-5% of the total sterols...
- Cloning and expression of a cellulase gene in the silkworm, Bombyx mori by improved Bac-to-Bac/BmNPV baculovirus expression systemXing Hua Li
Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemic Etiology and Immunological Prevention of Ministry of Agriculture, College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, 310029, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 37:3721-8. 2010..a newly established Bac-to-Bac/BmNPV mutant baculovirus expression system, which lacks the virus-encoded chitinase (chiA) and cathepsin (v-cath) genes of Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV)...
- G561 site-directed deletion mutant chitinase from Aeromonas caviae is active without its 304 C-terminal amino acid residuesF P Lin
Institute of Marine Biotechnology, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan
Arch Microbiol 175:220-5. 2001A G561 mutant of the Aeromonas caviae chitinase ChiA was made by PCR site-directed deletion mutagenesis in order to study the role of the 304 C-terminal amino acid residues of ChiA in the enzymatic hydrolysis of chitin...
- Functional comparison of recombinant acidic mammalian chitinase with enzyme from murine bronchoalveolar lavageEric R Goedken
Abbott Bioresearch Center, 100 Research Drive, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Protein Expr Purif 75:55-62. 2011b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is an enzyme that selectively degrades the biopolymer chitin. Several chitinase enzymes are utilized by mammals to hydrolyze chitin encountered by inhalation and ingestion...
- Modification of recombinant maize ChitA chitinase by fungal chitinase-modifying proteinsTodd A Naumann
Bacterial Food borne Pathogens and Mycology Research Unit, National Center for Agriculture Utilization Research, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
Mol Plant Pathol 12:365-72. 2011In commercial maize, there are at least two different alleles of the chiA gene that encode alloforms of ChitA chitinase, a protein that is abundant in developing seed...
- Genomic analysis and initial characterization of the chitinolytic system of Microbulbifer degradans strain 2-40Michael B Howard
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
J Bacteriol 185:3352-60. 2003..The chitinolytic system includes three secreted chitin depolymerases (ChiA, ChiB, and ChiC), a secreted chitin-binding protein (CbpA), periplasmic chitooligosaccharide-modifying enzymes, ..
- Purification and characterization of a viral chitinase active against plant pathogens and herbivores from transgenic tobaccoAntimo Di Maro
Dipartimento di Scienze della Vita, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Vivaldi 43, I 81100 Caserta, Italy
J Biotechnol 147:1-6. 2010The Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus chitinase A (AcMNPV ChiA) is a chitinolytic enzyme with fungicidal and insecticidal properties. Its expression in transgenic plants enhances resistance against pests and fungal pathogens...
- Escherichia coli can produce recombinant chitinase in the soil to control the pathogenesis by Fusarium oxysporum without colonizationSoohee Chung
Department of Applied Microbiology, College of Natural Resources, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan 712 749, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 17:474-80. 2007Fusarium wilt of cucumbers was effectively controlled by Escherichia coli expressing an endochitinase gene (chiA), and the rate was as effective (60.0%) as the wildtype strain S. proteamaculans 3095 (55.0%) where the gene was cloned...
- An endochitinase A from Vibrio carchariae: cloning, expression, mass and sequence analyses, and chitin hydrolysisWipa Suginta
School of Biochemistry, Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima 30000, Thailand
Arch Biochem Biophys 424:171-80. 2004..The enzyme has a highly conserved catalytic TIM-barrel region as previously described for Serratia marcescens ChiA. The Mr of the native chitinase A was determined to be 62,698, suggesting that the C-terminal proteolytic cleavage ..
- Evaluation of the wound healing effect of some Jordanian traditional medicinal plants formulated in Pluronic F127 using mice (Mus musculus)Enam A Khalil
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
J Ethnopharmacol 109:104-12. 2007The wound healing effect of the aqueous extracts of Inula viscosa, Ajuga chia, Rubia taenifolia and Parieteria diffusa, and the oil of Laurus nobilis, dispersed in water, were examined...
- Role of chitin and chitinase/chitinase-like proteins in inflammation, tissue remodeling, and injuryChun Geun Lee
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8057, USA
Annu Rev Physiol 73:479-501. 2011..However, their roles have only recently begun to be elucidated. Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) inhibits chitin-induced innate inflammation; augments chitin-free, allergen-induced Th2 ..
- Predictors of health promotion lifestyle among three ethnic groups of elderly rural women in TaiwanH H Wang
Kaohsiung Medical College School of Nursing, Taiwan
Public Health Nurs 16:321-8. 1999..A convenience sample of 599 elderly rural women was recruited from three rural areas: Kao-Shu, San-Di-Men, and Ma-Chia. Ho-Lo, Hakka, and aboriginal people are the three main ethnic groups in these areas...
- Serratia marcescens chitinases with tunnel-shaped substrate-binding grooves show endo activity and different degrees of processivity during enzymatic hydrolysis of chitosanPawel Sikorski
Department of Physics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Biochemistry 45:9566-74. 2006The modes of action of three family 18 chitinases (ChiA, ChiB, and ChiC) from Serratia marcescens during the degradation of a water-soluble polymeric substrate, chitosan, were investigated using a combination of viscosity measurements, ..
- Insights into the role of the (alpha+beta) insertion in the TIM-barrel catalytic domain, regarding the stability and the enzymatic activity of chitinase A from Serratia marcescensAthanassios C Zees
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Panepistimiopolis Zographou, 15784 Athens, Greece
Biochim Biophys Acta 1794:23-31. 2009Chitinase A (ChiA) from Serratia marcescens is a mesophilic enzyme with high catalytic activity and high stability...
- Enhancement of preneoplastic lesion yield by Chios Mastic Gum in a rat liver medium-term carcinogenesis bioassayKenichiro Doi
Department of Pathology, Osaka City University Medical School, Abeno Ku, Osaka, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 234:135-42. 2009The mastic (Pistacia lentiscus var. chia) tree is native throughout the Mediterranean region and has long proved a source of food additives and medical treatments...
- A transcriptomic computational analysis of mastic oil-treated Lewis lung carcinomas reveals molecular mechanisms targeting tumor cell growth and survivalPanagiotis Moulos
Institute of Biological Research and Biotechnology, National Hellenic Research Foundation, Athens, Greece
BMC Med Genomics 2:68. 2009Mastic oil from Pistacia lentiscus variation chia, a blend of bioactive terpenes with recognized medicinal properties, has been recently shown to exert anti-tumor growth activity through inhibition of cancer cell proliferation, survival, ..
- Effect of Chia oil (Salvia Hispanica) rich in omega-3 fatty acids on the eicosanoid release, apoptosis and T-lymphocyte tumor infiltration in a murine mammary gland adenocarcinomaC E Espada
Ia Cátedra de Biología Celular, Histología y Embriología, Instituto de Biologia Celular, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Casilla de Correos 220, 5000, Cordoba, Argentina
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 77:21-8. 2007..05). Present data showed that ChO, an ancient and almost unknown source of omega-3, inhibits growth and metastasis in this tumor model...
- Comparative studies of chitinases A and B from Serratia marcescensM B Brurberg
Department of Biotechnological Sciences, Agricultural University of Norway, Norway
Microbiology 142:1581-9. 1996Serratia marcescens produces several chitinolytic enzymes, including chitinase A (ChiA) and chitinase B (ChiB)...
- Molecular cloning, structural analysis, and expression in Escherichia coli of a chitinase gene from Enterobacter agglomeransL S Chernin
Otto Warburg Center for Biotechnology in Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Appl Environ Microbiol 63:834-9. 1997The gene chiA, which codes for endochitinase, was cloned from a soilborne Enterobacter agglomerans...
- Endochitinase is transported to the extracellular milieu by the eps-encoded general secretory pathway of Vibrio choleraeT D Connell
Center for Microbial Pathogenesis and Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Bacteriol 180:5591-600. 1998The chiA gene of Vibrio cholerae encodes a polypeptide which degrades chitin, a homopolymer of N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) found in cell walls of fungi and in the integuments of insects and crustaceans...
- Functional expression of chitinase and chitosanase, and their effects on morphologies in the yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombeKumiko Shimono
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University, Matsue, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:1143-7. 2002The chitinase A (chiA) gene from Enterobacter sp. G-1 and the chitosanase A (choA) gene from Matsuebacter chitosanotabidus 3001 were expressed separately and simultaneously in the yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe...
- A Bombyx mori gene, BmChi-h, encodes a protein homologous to bacterial and baculovirus chitinasesTakaaki Daimon
Laboratory of Insect Genetics and Bioscience, Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:749-59. 2003..with bacterial and baculovirus chitinases in both amino acid sequences (73% identity with Serratia marcescens chiA and 63% with Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus chiA) and domain architectures...
- The gp64 locus of Anticarsia gemmatalis multicapsid nucleopolyhedrovirus contains a 3' repair exonuclease homologue and lacks v-cath and ChiA genesJeffrey M Slack
Insect Biocontrol Laboratory, USDA, Beltsville, MD 20852, USA
J Gen Virol 85:211-9. 2004..AgMNPV differed from other group I NPVs in that ChiA and v-cath gene homologues were missing from the region downstream of the gp64 gene...
- Kinetic evidence related to substrate-assisted catalysis of family 18 chitinasesYuji Honda
National Food Research Institute, 2 1 12, Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8642, Japan
FEBS Lett 567:307-10. 2004..Kinetic parameters in the hydrolysis of these compounds by chitinase A from Serratia marcescens (ChiA) were compared with those from the hydrolysis of (GlcNAc)2-UMB (1). The kcat of 2 was 3...
- Reduced cysteine protease activity of the hemolymph of Bombyx mori larvae infected with fp25K-inactivated bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus results in the reduced postmortem host degradationS Katsuma
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Virol 149:1773-82. 2004..Firstly, we investigated gene expression levels of vcath and chiA both of which products are involved in postmortem host degradation...
- GC-MS analysis of penta- and tetra-cyclic triterpenes from resins of Pistacia species. Part II. Pistacia terebinthus var. ChiaA N Assimopoulou
Organic Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Chemical Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki 541 24, Greece
Biomed Chromatogr 19:586-605. 2005..b>Chia resin, grown exclusively in Chios island (Greece), collected traditionally, as well as using stimulating agents (..
- Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of the essential oil and the gum of Pistacia lentiscus Var. chiaChristina Koutsoudaki
Department of Chemistry and Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 53:7681-5. 2005The essential oil and gum of Pistacia lentiscus var. chia, commonly known as the mastic tree, are natural antimicrobial agents that have found extensive uses in medicine in recent years...
- Mastic oil from Pistacia lentiscus var. chia inhibits growth and survival of human K562 leukemia cells and attenuates angiogenesisHeleni Loutrari
G P Livanos andM Simou Laboratories, Evangelismos Hospital, Department of Critical Careand Pulmonary Services, Medical School, University of Athens, 10675 Athens, Greece
Nutr Cancer 55:86-93. 2006Mastic oil from Pistacia lentiscus var. chia, a natural plant extract traditionally used as a food additive, has been extensively studied for its antimicrobial activity attributed to the combination of its bioactive components...
- Cloning of a rat lung fibrogenic factorXiao Hua Chen
Department of Biological Science and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, PR China
Gene 384:9-17. 2006..21 amino acid endoplasmic reticulum signal peptide and the putative protein is highly homologous to acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) precursor of mouse and human...
- Raman spectroscopic analysis of Mexican natural artists' materialsPeter Vandenabeele
Ghent University, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Proeftuinstraat 86, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:1085-8. 2007..The Raman spectra that are reported here are: Chia oil, linseed oil, Campeche wax, beeswax, white copal, dammar, colophony, mastic, pixoy, chapopote, chucum, aje gum, ..
- A single histidine residue modulates enzymatic activity in acidic mammalian chitinaseAnton P Bussink
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 582:931-5. 2008Mammals express two active chitinases, chitotriosidase and AMCase. Only AMCase displays an extremely acidic pH optimum, consistent with its observed presence in the gastro-intestinal tract...
- Chitotriosidase is the primary active chitinase in the human lung and is modulated by genotype and smoking habitMax A Seibold
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:944-950.e3. 2008..b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and chitotriosidase (CHIT1) have chitinolytic activity, but relatively little is known about ..
- The effect of t'ai chi exercise on autonomic nervous function of patients with coronary artery diseaseRei Yeuh Chang
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chia Yi Christian Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
J Altern Complement Med 14:1107-13. 2008..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of t'ai chi (TC) on heart rate variability (HRV) from baseline to 9 months in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Is Chios mastic gum effective in the treatment of functional dyspepsia? A prospective randomised double-blind placebo controlled trialKonstantinos J Dabos
Department of Gastroenterology, Chios General Hospital Skylitsion, Chios, Greece
J Ethnopharmacol 127:205-9. 2010..Chios mastic gum is a resinous exudate from the stem of Pistacia lentiscus var. chia. It is a traditional natural remedy used throughout the eastern Mediterranean...
- Complex evolutionary history of the Aeromonas veronii group revealed by host interaction and DNA sequence dataAdam C Silver
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16751. 2011..Three housekeeping genes, recA, dnaJ and gyrB, the gene encoding chitinase, chiA, and four loci associated with the type three secretion system, ascV, ascFG, aexT, and aexU were sequenced...
- Human chitotriosidase-catalyzed hydrolysis of chitosanKristine Bistrup Eide
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, N 1432 As, Norway
Biochemistry 51:487-95. 2012Chitotriosidase (HCHT) is one of two family 18 chitinases produced by humans, the other being acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase)...
- Extensive promoter-centered chromatin interactions provide a topological basis for transcription regulationGuoliang Li
Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore 138672, Republic of Singapore
Cell 148:84-98. 2012..Using genome-wide Chromatin Interaction Analysis with Paired-End-Tag sequencing (ChIA-PET), we mapped long-range chromatin interactions associated with RNA polymerase II in human cells and uncovered ..
- Multiple chitinases of an endophytic Serratia proteamaculans 568 generate chitin oligomersPallinti Purushotham
Department of Plant Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500 046, India
Bioresour Technol 112:261-9. 2012Serratia proteamaculans 568 genome revealed the presence of four family 18 chitinases (Sp ChiA, Sp ChiB, Sp ChiC, and Sp ChiD)...
- Spatial distribution of metals in the constructed wetlandsPorntawee Kongroy
The Research Center of Environmental and Hazardous Substance Management, Department of Environmental Engineering, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
Int J Phytoremediation 14:128-41. 2012..of the spatial distribution of metals was conducted for two constructed wetlands used as tertiary treatment in Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science (CNU) and Metal Processing Industries (MPI) located in Tainan, Taiwan...
- Evaluation of AMCase and CHIT-1 expression in monocyte macrophages lineageMichelino Di Rosa
Department of Bio Medical Sciences, University of Catania, Via Androne, 83, 95124, Catania, Italy
Mol Cell Biochem 374:73-80. 2013b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and chitotriosidase (CHIT-1) are two active chitinases expressed in humans...
- The promising future of chia, Salvia hispanica LNorlaily Mohd Ali
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University Putra Malaysia, Serdang, 43300 Selangor, Malaysia
J Biomed Biotechnol 2012:171956. 2012..Seed from Salvia hispanica L. or more commonly known as chia is a traditional food in central and southern America...
- Detection of chitinase ChiA produced by Serratia marcescens PRC-5, using anti-PrGV-chitinaseYong Su Song
Division of Applied Bioscience and Biotechnology, Institute of Environmentally Friendly Agriculture IEFA, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Carbohydr Polym 92:2276-81. 2013..The chitinase isozyme N1, which had a molecular weight of 62 kDa, was transferred from a native and SDS-PAGE gel onto an immunoblot and was probed using an anti-PrGV-chitinase...
- Microstructure, chemical composition and mucilage exudation of chia (Salvia hispanica L.) nutlets from ArgentinaMarianela I Capitani
Centro de Investigación y Desarrollo en Criotecnología de Alimentos CIDCA, CONICET La Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, UNLP, La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina TECSE, Departamento de Ingenieria Quimica, Facultad de Ingenieria, UNCPBA, Olavarría, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Sci Food Agric 93:3856-62. 2013The micromorphology and anatomy of nutlets, myxocarpy (mucilage exudation) and mucilage structure of Argentinean chia were described using scanning electron microscopy (SEM)...
- Evaluation of the genotoxic and antigenotoxic effects of Chios mastic water by the in vitro micronucleus test on human lymphocytes and the in vivo wing somatic test on DrosophilaDimitris Vlastos
Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Management, University of Patras, Agrinio, Greece
PLoS ONE 8:e69494. 2013Chios mastic gum, a plant-derived product obtained by the Mediterranean bush Pistacia lentiscus (L.) var. chia (Duham), has generated considerable interest because of its antimicrobial, anticancer, antioxidant and other beneficial ..
- Dietary Salba (Salvia hispanica L) seed rich in α-linolenic acid improves adipose tissue dysfunction and the altered skeletal muscle glucose and lipid metabolism in dyslipidemic insulin-resistant ratsM E Oliva
Department of Biochemistry, School of Biochemistry, University of Litoral, Ciudad Universitaria Paraje El Pozo, CC 242, 3000 Santa Fe, Argentina
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 89:279-89. 2013This work reports the effect of dietary Salba (chia) seed rich in n-3 α-linolenic acid on the morphological and metabolic aspects involved in adipose tissue dysfunction and the mechanisms underlying the impaired glucose and lipid ..
- Evidence supporting a role for mammalian chitinases in efficacy of caspofungin against experimental aspergillosis in immunocompromised ratsPatricia E B Verwer
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e75848. 2013..Mammals produce two chitinases, chitotriosidase and AMCase, which can hydrolyse chitin...
- Chitinase expression in Listeria monocytogenes is positively regulated by the Agr systemDafni Katerina Paspaliari
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
PLoS ONE 9:e95385. 2014The food-borne pathogen Listeria monocytogenes encodes two chitinases, ChiA and ChiB, which allow the bacterium to hydrolyze chitin, the second most abundant polysaccharide in nature...
- Hot spots of DNA double-strand breaks and genomic contacts of human rDNA units are involved in epigenetic regulationNickolai A Tchurikov
Department of Epigenetic Mechanisms of Gene Expression Regulation, Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Moscow 119334, Russia
J Mol Cell Biol 7:366-82. 2015..regions, as well as regions that are characterized by H3K27ac and H3K4me3 marks, CTCF binding sites, ChIA-PET and RIP signals, and high levels of DSBs...
- Chia flour supplementation reduces blood pressure in hypertensive subjectsLuciana Tavares Toscano
Department of Nutrition, Federal University of Paraiba, Cidade Universitaria, Joao Pessoa, Paraiba, Zip Code 58051 900, Brazil
Plant Foods Hum Nutr 69:392-8. 2014The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of chia supplementation (Salvia hispanica L.) on blood pressure (BP) and its associated cardiometabolic factors in treated and untreated hypertensive individuals...
- Omega-3 fatty acid profile of eggs from laying hens fed diets supplemented with chia, fish oil, and flaxseedRanil Coorey
School of Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Curtin Univ, GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia, 6845, Australia
J Food Sci 80:S180-7. 2015The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of diets supplemented with fish oil, flaxseed, and chia seed on the omega-3 fatty acid composition and sensory properties of hens' eggs...
- Chia induces clinically discrete weight loss and improves lipid profile only in altered previous valuesLuciana Tavares Toscano
Departament of Nutrition, Center of Health Sciences, Federal University of Paraiba, Joao Pessoa, PB, Brazil Research Laboratory of Applied Physical Training to Performance and Health LETFADS, Federal University of Paraiba, Joao Pessoa, PB, Brazil
Nutr Hosp 31:1176-82. 2014b>chia (Salvia hispanica L.) has an elevated concentration of dietary fiber, it has been used to weight loss and enhance blood glucose and lipid profile...
- Genome-wide association analysis of more than 120,000 individuals identifies 15 new susceptibility loci for breast cancerKyriaki Michailidou
Centre for Cancer Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 47:373-80. 2015..Combining association analysis with ChIP-seq chromatin binding data in mammary cell lines and ChIA-PET chromatin interaction data from ENCODE, we identified likely target genes in two regions: SETBP1 at 18q12...
- The predominant molecular state of bound enzyme determines the strength and type of product inhibition in the hydrolysis of recalcitrant polysaccharides by processive enzymesSilja Kuusk
From the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, 51010 Tartu, Estonia and
J Biol Chem 290:11678-91. 2015..study of two well characterized enzymes, the cellobiohydrolase Cel7A from Hypocrea jecorina and the chitinase ChiA from Serratia marcescens...
- Slow Off-rates and Strong Product Binding Are Required for Processivity and Efficient Degradation of Recalcitrant Chitin by Family 18 ChitinasesMihhail Kurasin
From the Institutes of Molecular and Cell Biology and
J Biol Chem 290:29074-85. 2015..The method was applied to the study of the processive chitinase ChiA from Serratia marcescens...
- Sex-Specific Effects of Diets High in Unsaturated Fatty Acids on Spatial Learning and Memory in Guinea PigsMatthias Nemeth
Department of Behavioural Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
PLoS ONE 10:e0140485. 2015..Animals were assigned to four treatment groups and maintained on diets enriched in either chia seeds (omega-3), walnuts (omega-6), or peanuts (omega-9), or a control diet...
- Chocolate Milk with Chia Oil: Ideal Sweetness, Sweeteners Equivalence, and Dynamic Sensory Evaluation Using a Time-Intensity MethodologyJ B Rodrigues
Univ Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Faculdade de Engenharia de Alimentos FEA, P O Box 13083 862, Campinas Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Food Sci 80:S2944-9. 2015..concentration and equivalent concentrations of the stevia, sucralose, aspartame, and neotame in chocolate milk with chia oil as well as the dynamic behavior of certain sensory attributes were investigated using a time-intensity ..
- The Correlation between Chitin and Acidic Mammalian Chitinase in Animal Models of Allergic AsthmaChia Rui Shen
Department of Medical Biotechnology and Laboratory Science, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen Hwa 1st Road, Kweishan, Taoyuan 33302, Taiwan
Int J Mol Sci 16:27371-7. 2015..It has been shown that an elicited expression of acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) may be involved in the pathogenesis of asthma...
- Inclusion of ancient Latin-American crops in bread formulation improves intestinal iron absorption and modulates inflammatory markersJosé Moisés Laparra
Instituto de Agroquímica y Tecnología de Alimentos IATA, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Av Agustin Escardino 7, Parque Cientifico, 46980 Paterna Valencia, Spain
Food Funct 7:1096-102. 2016..WWB), amaranth flour (Amaranthus hypochondriacus, 25%) (AB) and quinoa flour (Chenopodium quinoa, 25%) (QB), or chia flour (Salvia hispanica L, 5%) (ChB)...
- Aromatic-Mediated Carbohydrate Recognition in Processive Serratia marcescens ChitinasesSuvamay Jana
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506 0046, United States
J Phys Chem B 120:1236-49. 2016..Here, we investigated this hypothesis with variants of Serratia marcescens family 18 processive chitinases ChiA and ChiB...
- 3CDB: a manually curated database of chromosome conformation capture dataXiaoxiao Yun
CAS Key Laboratory of Genome Sciences and Information, Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100101, China University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100049, China
Database (Oxford) 2016:. 2016..Its recent genomic variants, e.g. Hi-C/ chromatin interaction analysis by paired-end tag (ChIA-PET), have enabled the study of nuclear organization at an unprecedented level...
- A semisynthetic diterpenoid lactone inhibits NF-κB signalling to ameliorate inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness in a mouse asthma modelJ C W Lim
Pharmacotherapeutics Unit, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 302:10-22. 2016..and -13 in BAL fluid, gene expression of inflammatory mediators such as 5-LOX, E-selectin, VCAM-1, CCL5, TNF-α, AMCase, Ym2, YKL-40, Muc5ac, CCL2 and iNOS in animal lung tissues, and serum IgE were determined...
- Bacteremic Urinary Tract Infection Caused by Multidrug-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae Are Associated With Severe Sepsis at Admission: Implication for Empirical TherapyYi Chien Lee
From the Department of Internal Medicine Y CL, c yh, H PW, Ditmanson Medical Foundation Chia Yi Christian Hospital, Chia Yi Department of Hospital and Health Care Administration C YH, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan Department of Pediatrics M CH Department of Radiology S CH, Taipei Veterans General Hospital School of Medicine S CH, National Yang Ming University, Taipei Department of Colorectal Surgery Y JH, Ditmanson Medical Foundation Chia Yi Christian Hospital, Chia Yi and Department of Internal Medicine J TW, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e3694. 2016..The clinical data of adult patients visiting and being treated at Chia-Yi Christian Hospital due to bacteremic UTI caused by Enterobacteriaceae from January 2006 to August 2015 were ..
- QuIN: A Web Server for Querying and Visualizing Chromatin Interaction NetworksAsa Thibodeau
Department of Computer Science, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 12:e1004809. 2016..Genomic technologies for mapping interactions between DNA regions, e.g., ChIA-PET and HiC, can generate genome-wide maps of interactions between regulatory elements...
- Assessing gelling properties of chia (Salvia hispanica L.) flour through rheological characterizationSusana Ramos
LAQV, REQUIMTE, Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, P 2829 516, Caparica, Portugal
J Sci Food Agric . 2016b>Chia (Salvia hispanica L...
- Dietary Salba (Salvia hispanica L.) ameliorates the adipose tissue dysfunction of dyslipemic insulin-resistant rats through mechanisms involving oxidative stress, inflammatory cytokines and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γM R Ferreira
Departamento de Ciencias Biologicas, Facultad de Bioquimica, Universidad Nacional del Litoral, Ciudad Universitaria El Pozo cc 242, 3000, Santa Fe, Argentina
Eur J Nutr . 2016..adipose tissue of these SRD-fed rats, the present study analyzed the possible beneficial effects of dietary Salba (chia) seeds in improving or reversing the depletion of antioxidant defenses, changes in pro-inflammatory cytokines and ..
- Deciphering Noncoding RNA and Chromatin Interactions: Multiplex Chromatin Interaction Analysis by Paired-End Tag Sequencing (mChIA-PET)Jocelyn Choy
Cancer Science Institute of Singapore, Centre for Translational Medicine MD6, National University of Singapore, 14 Medical Drive, 12 01 Bench 7, Singapore, 117599, Singapore
Methods Mol Biol 1468:63-89. 2017..Chromatin Interaction Analysis by Paired-End Tag Sequencing (ChIA-PET) is a valuable and powerful technique in molecular biology which allows the study of unbiased, genome-wide de ..
- Loss and Gain of Human Acidic Mammalian Chitinase Activity by Nonsynonymous SNPsKazuaki Okawa
Department of Chemistry and Life Science, Kogakuin University, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Biol Evol 33:3183-3193. 2016b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is implicated in asthma, allergic inflammation, and food processing. Little is known about genetic and evolutional regulation of chitinolytic activity of AMCase...
- Infrared spectroscopy used to determine effects of chia and olive oil incorporation strategies on lipid structure of reduced-fat frankfurtersA M Herrero
Institute of Food Science, Technology and Nutrition ICTAN CSIC, Jose Antonio Novais, 10, 28040 Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Food Chem 221:1333-1339. 2017..structural characteristics of lipids in frankfurters as affected by different strategies to replace animal fat with chia flour and olive oil...
- Gluten-free pasta incorporating chia (Salvia hispanica L.) as thickening agent: An approach to naturally improve the nutritional profile and the in vitro carbohydrate digestibilityValeria Menga
CREA CER, Consiglio per la Ricerca e l analisi dell economia Agraria CREA, Cereal Research Centre CER, S S 673 km 25 200, 71100 Foggia, Italy
Food Chem 221:1954-1961. 2017A gluten-free pasta was prepared adding chia at rice flour for testing the thickening and nutritional properties of this specie. Chemical analysis showed chia is a source of protein (19.52% and 15...
- Human Chitotriosidase Is an Endo-Processive EnzymeSilja Kuusk
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
PLoS ONE 12:e0171042. 2017..The active site architecture of HCHT is reminiscent to that of the reducing-end exo-acting processive chitinase ChiA from bacterium Serratia marcescens (SmChiA)...
- Isolation, cloning, and overexpression of a chitinase gene fragment from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus chitonophagus: semi-denaturing purification of the recombinant peptide and investigation of its relation with other chitinasesEvi Andronopoulou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis Zographou, 15701 Athens, Greece
Protein Expr Purif 35:264-71. 2004..genes from a variety of organisms and particularly with the chitinaseA gene from Pyrococcus kodakaraensis (Pk-chiA). This fragment was subcloned to an expression vector and overexpressed in Escherichia coli. The E...
- The IL-21 receptor augments Th2 effector function and alternative macrophage activationJohn Pesce
Immunopathogenesis Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2044-55. 2006..with a marked reduction in Th2 cytokine expression and function, as evidenced by the attenuated IL-4, IL-13, AMCase, Ym1, and FIZZ1 (also referred to as RELMalpha) responses in the tissues...
- Evaluation of the antiprotozoal activity of neo-clerodane type diterpenes from Salvia polystachya against Entamoeba histolytica and Giardia lambliaFernando Calzada
Unidad de Investigación Médica en Farmacología de Productos Naturales, UMAE Hospital de Pediatria, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS, Mexico DF, Mexico
Phytother Res 24:662-5. 2010b>Chia (Salvia polystachya Ort., Lamiaceae) is frequently used in Mexican traditional medicine to treat dysentery...
- Identification, expression and bioactivity of a chitotriosidase-like homolog in amphioxus: dependence of enzymatic and antifungal activities on the chitin-binding domainNa Xu
Laboratory for Evolution and Development, Institute of Evolution and Marine Biodiversity and Department of Marine Biology, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, China
Mol Immunol 51:57-65. 2012The mammalian chitinase family 18 consists of two members, chitotriosidase (ChT) and acidic chitinase (AMCase). Despite the enormous progress on mammalian ChT study, little information regarding ChT is available to date in lower animals...
- The influence of large deletions on the mutation frequency induced by tritiated water and X-radiation in male Drosophila melanogaster post-meiotic germ cellsN G Fossett
Louisiana State University, Institute for Mutagenesis, Baton Rouge 70803 1725
Mutat Res 307:213-22. 1994..1982; Chia et al., 1985; LoMonaco et al., 1987; Mahmoud et al., 1991)...
- In vitro invasiveness of human epithelioid-sarcoma cell lines: association with cell motility and inverse correlation with the expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinasesR Engers
Institute of Pathology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 80:406-12. 1999..Tumor spheroids of GRU-1A were markedly more invasive in the chick-heart invasion assay (CHIA) than spheroids of GRU-1B and GRU-1C...
- Different cleavage specificities of the dual catalytic domains in chitinase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1T Tanaka
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:35629-35. 2001The chitinase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1, Tk-ChiA, has an interesting multidomain structure containing dual catalytic domains and triple chitin-binding domains...
- Understanding the role of AMCase in asthmaRichard A Flavell; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this project we will define the function of AMCase, a chitinase with true enzymatic activity by generating and characterizing conditional knockout AMCase mice with ..
- Nicholas P Cianciotto; Fiscal Year: 2016..metalloprotease (ProA) and ribonuclease (SrnA) promote amoeba infection, phospholipases C (PlcA/B) and a chitinase (ChiA) facilitate infection of mammalian cells, and a novel protein (Lpg0264) promotes both amoebal and macrophage ..
- Eosinophils and lung immunity to PneumocystisChad Steele; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, we demonstrate strong induction of a "true" chitinase, acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase;Chia), in the lungs after P. murina infection...
- Bacterial chitinases as new virulence factorsNicholas P Cianciotto; Fiscal Year: 2010..In vitro experiments then documented that the L. pneumophila chitinase (ChiA) promotes growth in lung epithelial cells but not in macrophages...
- Acidic Mammalian Chitinase in IL-13 / Th2 InflammationZhou Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2006..To test this concept we studied the role of acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase), a 50 kD protein product, in allergic inflammation...
- Elliott D Kieff; Fiscal Year: 2016..approaches will be used to identify enhancer and promoter DNA sites that are brought in proximity by DNA looping (ChIA-PET)...
- Gert Jan C Veenstra; Fiscal Year: 2015..Enhancer interactions with promoters will be analyzed by ChIA-PET, a method that sequences cross-linked and ligated genomic DNA fragments...
- Nadav Ahituv; Fiscal Year: 2015..these potential enhancers, we will carry out chromatin interaction analysis followed by paired-end tag sequencing (ChIA-PET) on E16. 5 mouse forebrains...
- Impact of enhancer sequence and interacting factors on estrogen receptor-mediatedJason Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2013..responsive enhancers, I will first find active estrogen receptor bound enhancers and the genes they target using ChIA-PET, a method that analyses long-range chromatin interactions on a genome scale...
- Victor G Corces; Fiscal Year: 2016..Here we propose to use HiC and ChIA-PET to establish detailed maps of intra- and inter-chromosomal interactions in the Drosophila genome...
- Functional Analysis of Neuroligin-2 Mutations in SchizophreniaGong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Chia-Hsiang Chen and colleagues...
- BIOCHEMICAL BASIS OF KERATOCONUSBEATRICE YUE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Creation of the binary mouse line will be subcontracted to Dr. Chia-Yang Liu at the University of Cincinnati...
- Non-parenteral transmission of hepatitis CChia Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposal will provide the applicant, Chia Wang, with training in the epidemiologic study of viral transmission. Dr. Wang is a board certified ID physician with a MS in Epidemiology...
- AMCase and BRP-39 in Th2 Inflammation and AsthmaJack Elias; Fiscal Year: 2008..This includes true chitinases such as acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and members that lack chitinase activity like breast regression protein-39 (BRP-39)...