Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHIA
Description: chitinase, acidic
Alias: AMCASE, CHIT2, TSA1902, acidic mammalian chitinase, lung-specific protein TSA1902
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- The seed's protein and oil content, fatty acid composition, and growing cycle length of a single genotype of chia (Salvia hispanica L.) as affected by environmental factorsRicardo Ayerza
Office of Arid Lands Studies, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85705, USA
J Oleo Sci 58:347-54. 2009As a botanical source, variability in chia seed composition could be expected between growing locations, and between years within a location, due to genotype and environment effects as well genetic x environment's interactions...
- Interaction of Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus cathepsin protease progenitor (proV-CATH) with insect baculovirus chitinase as a mechanism for proV-CATH cellular retentionJeffrey J Hodgson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, 50 Stone Road East, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
J Virol 85:3918-29. 2011The insect baculovirus chitinase (CHIA) and cathepsin protease (V-CATH) enzymes cause terminal host insect liquefaction, enhancing the dissemination of progeny virions away from the host cadavers...
- Identification and characterization of the gene cluster involved in chitin degradation in a marine bacterium, Alteromonas sp. strain O-7Hiroshi Tsujibo
Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4 20 1 Nasahara, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 1094, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:263-70. 2002Alteromonas sp. strain O-7 secretes chitinase A (ChiA), chitinase B (ChiB), and chitinase C (ChiC) in the presence of chitin...
- Comparative studies of chitinases A and B from Serratia marcescensM B Brurberg
Department of Biotechnological Sciences, Agricultural University of Norway, Norway
Microbiology 142:1581-9. 1996Serratia marcescens produces several chitinolytic enzymes, including chitinase A (ChiA) and chitinase B (ChiB)...
- A novel goose-type lysozyme gene with chitinolytic activity from the moderately thermophilic bacterium Ralstonia sp. A-471: cloning, sequencing, and expressionMitsuhiro Ueda
Graduate School of Life Science and Environment, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai, Osaka 599 8531, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 81:1077-85. 2009..This is the first report of another type of chitinase after the previously reported chitinases ChiA (Ra-ChiA) and ChiB (Ra-ChiB) in the chitinase system of the moderately thermophilic bacterium, Ralstonia sp...
- Expression and characterization of endochitinase C from Serratia marcescens BJL200 and its purification by a one-step general chitinase purification methodBjørnar Synstad
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology, and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, PO Box 5003, N 1432 Aas, Norway
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:715-23. 2008..BJL200-ChiA and BJL200-ChiB had an approximately 30-fold higher k(cat) and 15 fold-lower K(m) than BJL200-ChiC1 for the ..
- Characterization of a chitinase gene from Stenotrophomonas maltophilia strain 34S1 and its involvement in biological controlDonald Y Kobayashi
Department of Plant Biology and Pathology, Cook College, Rutgers State University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:1047-54. 2002..verified that the first 15 amino acids were identical to the deduced sequence of the mature protein encoded by chiA. Marker exchange mutagenesis of chiA resulted in mutant strain C5, which was devoid of chitinolytic activity and ..
- A viral chitinase enhances oral activity of TMOFLuisa Fiandra
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Milano, Milano, Italy
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 40:533-40. 2010..the gut, impairing insect digestive function, and Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus Chitinase A (AcMNPV ChiA), an enzyme that is able to alter the permeability of the peritrophic membrane (PM)...
- DNA variation in the acidic chitinase locus (ChiA) region in Arabis gemmifera and its related speciesAkira Kawabe
Laboratory of Plant Genetics, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8502 Japan
Genes Genet Syst 77:167-75. 2002We analyzed DNA variation at the acidic chitinase (ChiA) locus of Arabis gemmifera and among its eight related species. Nucleotide diversity (pi) of the entire locus in A. gemmifera was 0.0032, which was one third that of A. thaliana...
- Increased expression of acidic mammalian chitinase and chitotriosidase in the nasal mucosa of patients with allergic rhinitisWoo Sung Cho
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Laryngoscope 120:870-5. 2010b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) has emerged as an important mediator of allergic asthma in both animal models and in humans...
- Nutrient regime regulates complex transcriptional start site usage within a Pseudoalteromonas chitinase gene clusterMarina W Delpin
School of Biological Sciences, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
ISME J 3:1053-63. 2009..was transcribed as an operon and from each individual gene. chiA, chiB and chiC were found to possess multiple transcriptional start points (TSPs), the use of which was determined ..
- Expression, purification and in vitro antifungal activity of acidic mammalian chitinase against Candida albicans, Aspergillus fumigatus and Trichophyton rubrum strainsL Chen
Department of Dermatology, Institute of Surgery Reserach, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:55-60. 2009Evidence has suggested that acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) may be an important candidate in defence against and/or digestion of chitin-containing organisms, especially pathogenic fungi...
- Pulmonary cryptococcosis induces chitinase in the ratAlfin G Vicencio
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, USA
Respir Res 9:40. 2008..Because the cell wall of C. neoformans consists of chitin, and since acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) has recently been implicated as a novel mediator of asthma, we sought to determine whether such ..
- Effect of chitinase inhibitors on endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU) in rabbitsClaudio Bucolo
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Pharmacol Res 57:247-52. 2008The acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is significantly increased in tears of human allergic conjunctivitis...
- Cloning and functional expression of a chitinase cDNA from the common cutworm, Spodoptera litura, using a recombinant baculovirus lacking the virus-encoded chitinase geneT Shinoda
National Research Institute of Vegetables, Ornamental Plants and Tea, Ano, Mie 514 2392, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:521-32. 2001..To discriminate chitinase activity of recombinant Slchi from an active chitinase encoded in HycuNPV genome (chiA), we further knocked out the chiA gene from the recombinant virus...
- Distribution and evolution of chitinase genes in Streptomyces species: involvement of gene-duplication and domain-deletionA Saito
National Institute of Agro Environmental Sciences, Kan nondai 3 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8604, Japan
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 84:7-15. 2003..possessed a variety of chitinase genes prior to branching into many species, and that the ancestral genes of chiA and chiB have been generated by gene-duplication...
- Human gastric juice contains chitinase that can degrade chitinMaurizio G Paoletti
Department of Biology, Laboratory Agroecology and Ethnobiology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Ann Nutr Metab 51:244-51. 2007..Since this chitinase activity was demonstrated at acidic pH, it is currently referred to acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase)...
- Concerted action of diacetylchitobiose deacetylase and exo-beta-D-glucosaminidase in a novel chitinolytic pathway in the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1Takeshi Tanaka
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Katsura, Nishikyo ku, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:30021-7. 2004The hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1 possesses chitinase (Tk-ChiA) and exo-beta-D-glucosaminidase (Tk-GlmA) for chitin degradation; the former produces diacetylchitobiose (GlcNAc2) from chitin, and the latter ..
- Nucleotide sequence and analysis of a gene (chiA) for a chitinase from Streptomyces lividans 66K Miyashita
National Institute of Agro Environmental Sciences, Ibaraki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 57:1691-8. 1993A chitinase gene (chiA) from Streptomyces lividans was characterized and its nucleotides sequenced...
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression in Escherichia coli of the gene coding for phosphofructokinase in Lactobacillus bulgaricusP Branny
Laboratoire d Enzymologie du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvette, France
J Bacteriol 175:5344-9. 1993..Saillard, and J. M. Bové, J. Bacteriol. 172:2693-2703, 1990) and B. stearothermophilus (D. Walker, W. N. Chia, and H. Muirhead, J. Mol. Biol. 228:265-276, 1992; H. Sakai and T. Ohta, Eur. J. Biochem...
- [Essential expression and inducible synthesis polymorphism of chitinase in Bacillus thuringiensis]Chichu Xie
Department of Microbiology, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 26:1532-8. 2010..Two strains No. 38 and No. 75 belonged to different expression types. But we just found several different bases in the regulatory region of chitinase genes chiA and chiB from them.
- Identification of intestinal bacteria from Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) and their ability to digest chitinH Sugita
Department of Marine Science and Resources, Nihon University, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
Lett Appl Microbiol 43:336-42. 2006..The aim of the present study was to clarify the taxonomic status of intestinal bacteria isolated from Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) and describe their ability to digest chitin...
- Cloning and expression of a cellulase gene in the silkworm, Bombyx mori by improved Bac-to-Bac/BmNPV baculovirus expression systemXing Hua Li
Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemic Etiology and Immunological Prevention of Ministry of Agriculture, College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, 310029, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 37:3721-8. 2010..a newly established Bac-to-Bac/BmNPV mutant baculovirus expression system, which lacks the virus-encoded chitinase (chiA) and cathepsin (v-cath) genes of Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV)...
- Chitotriosidase is the primary active chitinase in the human lung and is modulated by genotype and smoking habitMax A Seibold
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:944-950.e3. 2008..b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and chitotriosidase (CHIT1) have chitinolytic activity, but relatively little is known about ..
- The ChiA (YheB) protein of Escherichia coli K-12 is an endochitinase whose gene is negatively controlled by the nucleoid-structuring protein H-NSO Francetic
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire, CNRS URA1773, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75734 Paris, Cedex 15, France
Mol Microbiol 35:1506-17. 2000The chromosome of Escherichia coli K-12 contains a putative gene, yheB (chiA), at centisome 74.7, whose product shows sequence similarity with chitinases of bacterial and viral origin...
- Quantitation of fatty acids, sterols, and tocopherols in turpentine (Pistacia terebinthus Chia) growing wild in TurkeyBertrand Matthäus
Institute for Lipid Research, Federal Research Center for Nutrition and Food, Piusallee 68 76, 48147 Münster, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 54:7667-71. 2006..Other sterols in noteworthy amounts were campesterol, Delta5-avenasterol, and stigmasterol, which came to about 3-5% of the total sterols...
- Functional comparison of recombinant acidic mammalian chitinase with enzyme from murine bronchoalveolar lavageEric R Goedken
Abbott Bioresearch Center, 100 Research Drive, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Protein Expr Purif 75:55-62. 2011b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is an enzyme that selectively degrades the biopolymer chitin. Several chitinase enzymes are utilized by mammals to hydrolyze chitin encountered by inhalation and ingestion...
- Modification of recombinant maize ChitA chitinase by fungal chitinase-modifying proteinsTodd A Naumann
Bacterial Food borne Pathogens and Mycology Research Unit, National Center for Agriculture Utilization Research, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
Mol Plant Pathol 12:365-72. 2011In commercial maize, there are at least two different alleles of the chiA gene that encode alloforms of ChitA chitinase, a protein that is abundant in developing seed...
- G561 site-directed deletion mutant chitinase from Aeromonas caviae is active without its 304 C-terminal amino acid residuesF P Lin
Institute of Marine Biotechnology, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan
Arch Microbiol 175:220-5. 2001A G561 mutant of the Aeromonas caviae chitinase ChiA was made by PCR site-directed deletion mutagenesis in order to study the role of the 304 C-terminal amino acid residues of ChiA in the enzymatic hydrolysis of chitin...
- Genomic analysis and initial characterization of the chitinolytic system of Microbulbifer degradans strain 2-40Michael B Howard
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
J Bacteriol 185:3352-60. 2003..The chitinolytic system includes three secreted chitin depolymerases (ChiA, ChiB, and ChiC), a secreted chitin-binding protein (CbpA), periplasmic chitooligosaccharide-modifying enzymes, ..
- Purification and characterization of a viral chitinase active against plant pathogens and herbivores from transgenic tobaccoAntimo Di Maro
Dipartimento di Scienze della Vita, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Vivaldi 43, I 81100 Caserta, Italy
J Biotechnol 147:1-6. 2010The Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus chitinase A (AcMNPV ChiA) is a chitinolytic enzyme with fungicidal and insecticidal properties. Its expression in transgenic plants enhances resistance against pests and fungal pathogens...
- Escherichia coli can produce recombinant chitinase in the soil to control the pathogenesis by Fusarium oxysporum without colonizationSoohee Chung
Department of Applied Microbiology, College of Natural Resources, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan 712 749, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 17:474-80. 2007Fusarium wilt of cucumbers was effectively controlled by Escherichia coli expressing an endochitinase gene (chiA), and the rate was as effective (60.0%) as the wildtype strain S. proteamaculans 3095 (55.0%) where the gene was cloned...
- Evaluation of the wound healing effect of some Jordanian traditional medicinal plants formulated in Pluronic F127 using mice (Mus musculus)Enam A Khalil
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
J Ethnopharmacol 109:104-12. 2007The wound healing effect of the aqueous extracts of Inula viscosa, Ajuga chia, Rubia taenifolia and Parieteria diffusa, and the oil of Laurus nobilis, dispersed in water, were examined...
- Role of chitin and chitinase/chitinase-like proteins in inflammation, tissue remodeling, and injuryChun Geun Lee
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8057, USA
Annu Rev Physiol 73:479-501. 2011..However, their roles have only recently begun to be elucidated. Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) inhibits chitin-induced innate inflammation; augments chitin-free, allergen-induced Th2 ..
- An endochitinase A from Vibrio carchariae: cloning, expression, mass and sequence analyses, and chitin hydrolysisWipa Suginta
School of Biochemistry, Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima 30000, Thailand
Arch Biochem Biophys 424:171-80. 2004..The enzyme has a highly conserved catalytic TIM-barrel region as previously described for Serratia marcescens ChiA. The Mr of the native chitinase A was determined to be 62,698, suggesting that the C-terminal proteolytic cleavage ..
- Predictors of health promotion lifestyle among three ethnic groups of elderly rural women in TaiwanH H Wang
Kaohsiung Medical College School of Nursing, Taiwan
Public Health Nurs 16:321-8. 1999..A convenience sample of 599 elderly rural women was recruited from three rural areas: Kao-Shu, San-Di-Men, and Ma-Chia. Ho-Lo, Hakka, and aboriginal people are the three main ethnic groups in these areas...
- Serratia marcescens chitinases with tunnel-shaped substrate-binding grooves show endo activity and different degrees of processivity during enzymatic hydrolysis of chitosanPawel Sikorski
Department of Physics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Biochemistry 45:9566-74. 2006The modes of action of three family 18 chitinases (ChiA, ChiB, and ChiC) from Serratia marcescens during the degradation of a water-soluble polymeric substrate, chitosan, were investigated using a combination of viscosity measurements, ..
- Insights into the role of the (alpha+beta) insertion in the TIM-barrel catalytic domain, regarding the stability and the enzymatic activity of chitinase A from Serratia marcescensAthanassios C Zees
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Panepistimiopolis Zographou, 15784 Athens, Greece
Biochim Biophys Acta 1794:23-31. 2009Chitinase A (ChiA) from Serratia marcescens is a mesophilic enzyme with high catalytic activity and high stability...
- A transcriptomic computational analysis of mastic oil-treated Lewis lung carcinomas reveals molecular mechanisms targeting tumor cell growth and survivalPanagiotis Moulos
Institute of Biological Research and Biotechnology, National Hellenic Research Foundation, Athens, Greece
BMC Med Genomics 2:68. 2009Mastic oil from Pistacia lentiscus variation chia, a blend of bioactive terpenes with recognized medicinal properties, has been recently shown to exert anti-tumor growth activity through inhibition of cancer cell proliferation, survival, ..
- Enhancement of preneoplastic lesion yield by Chios Mastic Gum in a rat liver medium-term carcinogenesis bioassayKenichiro Doi
Department of Pathology, Osaka City University Medical School, Abeno Ku, Osaka, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 234:135-42. 2009The mastic (Pistacia lentiscus var. chia) tree is native throughout the Mediterranean region and has long proved a source of food additives and medical treatments...
- Effect of Chia oil (Salvia Hispanica) rich in omega-3 fatty acids on the eicosanoid release, apoptosis and T-lymphocyte tumor infiltration in a murine mammary gland adenocarcinomaC E Espada
Ia Cátedra de Biología Celular, Histología y Embriología, Instituto de Biologia Celular, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Casilla de Correos 220, 5000, Cordoba, Argentina
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 77:21-8. 2007..05). Present data showed that ChO, an ancient and almost unknown source of omega-3, inhibits growth and metastasis in this tumor model...
- The IL-21 receptor augments Th2 effector function and alternative macrophage activationJohn Pesce
Immunopathogenesis Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2044-55. 2006..with a marked reduction in Th2 cytokine expression and function, as evidenced by the attenuated IL-4, IL-13, AMCase, Ym1, and FIZZ1 (also referred to as RELMalpha) responses in the tissues...
- Evaluation of the antiprotozoal activity of neo-clerodane type diterpenes from Salvia polystachya against Entamoeba histolytica and Giardia lambliaFernando Calzada
Unidad de Investigación Médica en Farmacología de Productos Naturales, UMAE Hospital de Pediatria, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS, Mexico DF, Mexico
Phytother Res 24:662-5. 2010b>Chia (Salvia polystachya Ort., Lamiaceae) is frequently used in Mexican traditional medicine to treat dysentery...
- Identification, expression and bioactivity of a chitotriosidase-like homolog in amphioxus: dependence of enzymatic and antifungal activities on the chitin-binding domainNa Xu
Laboratory for Evolution and Development, Institute of Evolution and Marine Biodiversity and Department of Marine Biology, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, China
Mol Immunol 51:57-65. 2012The mammalian chitinase family 18 consists of two members, chitotriosidase (ChT) and acidic chitinase (AMCase). Despite the enormous progress on mammalian ChT study, little information regarding ChT is available to date in lower animals...
- Isolation, cloning, and overexpression of a chitinase gene fragment from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus chitonophagus: semi-denaturing purification of the recombinant peptide and investigation of its relation with other chitinasesEvi Andronopoulou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis Zographou, 15701 Athens, Greece
Protein Expr Purif 35:264-71. 2004..genes from a variety of organisms and particularly with the chitinaseA gene from Pyrococcus kodakaraensis (Pk-chiA). This fragment was subcloned to an expression vector and overexpressed in Escherichia coli. The E...
- Chitin utilization by the insect-transmitted bacterium Xylella fastidiosaNabil Killiny
Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:6134-40. 2010..fastidiosa. An ortholog of the chitinase A gene (chiA) was identified in the X. fastidiosa genome...
- Conservation of the chitin utilization pathway in the VibrionaceaeDana E Hunt
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 48 417, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:44-51. 2008..The majority of isolates grew on alpha (crab shell) and beta (squid pen) chitin and contained chitinase A (chiA) genes...
- [Integral bread development with soybean, chia, linseed, and folic acid as a functional food for women]Mayela Bautista Justo
Universidad de Guanajuato Instituto de Ciencias Agrícolas, Instituto de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Arch Latinoam Nutr 57:78-84. 2007Six bread formulations were developed, using different proportions of whole-wheat flour, chia seeds and flaxseed flour. All of our formulations were added with folic acid...
- Heterologous expression and functional characterization of a novel chitinase from the chitinolytic bacterium Chitiniphilus shinanonensisLanxiang Huang
Division of Applied Biology, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Ueda, Nagano, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 76:517-22. 2012..Fifteen genes encoding putative chitinolytic enzymes (chiA-chiO) have been isolated from this bacterium. Five of these constitute a single operon (chiCDEFG)...
- The genomic landscape of cohesin-associated chromatin interactionsLaura E Demare
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Genome Res 23:1224-34. 2013..Here we performed chromatin interaction analysis with paired-end tag sequencing (ChIA-PET) of the cohesin subunit SMC1A in developing mouse limb...
- Characterization of a Spodoptera frugiperda multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus isolate that does not liquefy the integument of infected larvaeCorina M Vieira
Núcleo Integrado de Biotecnologia, Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes, Mogi das Cruzes, SP, Brazil
J Invertebr Pathol 111:189-92. 2012..The sequencing of the chitinase A (v-chiA) gene from SfMNPV-6nd revealed that it had a frameshift mutation that greatly reduced size of the putative enzyme...
- High resolution structural analyses of mutant chitinase A complexes with substrates provide new insight into the mechanism of catalysisY Papanikolau
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, P O Box 1527, 71110 Heraklion, Greece
Biochemistry 40:11338-43. 2001Chitinase A (ChiA) from the bacterium Serratia marcescens is a hydrolytic enzyme, which cleaves beta-1,4-glycosidic bonds of the natural biopolymer chitin to generate di-N-acetyl-chitobiose. The refined structure of ChiA at 1...
- The activity and expression of chitinase in the equine lung and its activity in normal horses and animals with recurrent airway obstructionColm J Reid
Veterinary Sciences Centre, School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Res Vet Sci 87:20-5. 2009..express chitinases and chitinase-like proteins, two of which are active enzymes, chitotriosidase and acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase). Both enzymes are upregulated in a range of inflammatory conditions, including asthma...
- Different cleavage specificities of the dual catalytic domains in chitinase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1T Tanaka
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:35629-35. 2001The chitinase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1, Tk-ChiA, has an interesting multidomain structure containing dual catalytic domains and triple chitin-binding domains...
- Natural competence in Vibrio cholerae is controlled by a nucleoside scavenging response that requires CytR-dependent anti-activationElena S Antonova
School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 0230, USA
Mol Microbiol 86:1215-31. 2012..defective in expression of comEA and additional TfoX-induced genes, including pilA (transformation pseudopilus) and chiA-1 (chitinase)...
- Chia seed does not promote weight loss or alter disease risk factors in overweight adultsDavid C Nieman
Department of Health, Leisure, and Exercise Science Appalachian State University, Boone, NC 28608, USA
Nutr Res 29:414-8. 2009The objective of this study was to assess the effectiveness of chia seed (Salvia hispanica L) in promoting weight loss and altering disease risk factors in overweight adults...
- In vitro invasiveness of human epithelioid-sarcoma cell lines: association with cell motility and inverse correlation with the expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinasesR Engers
Institute of Pathology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 80:406-12. 1999..Tumor spheroids of GRU-1A were markedly more invasive in the chick-heart invasion assay (CHIA) than spheroids of GRU-1B and GRU-1C...
- Succession of N cycling processes in biological soil crusts on a Central European inland duneRobert Brankatschk
Environmental Microbiology, Institute of Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 83:149-60. 2013..activities; we focussed on the four processes: N fixation (nifH), mineralisation as proteolysis and chitinolysis (chiA), nitrification (amoA) and denitrification (nosZ)...
- Chitinase mRNA levels by quantitative PCR using the single standard DNA: acidic mammalian chitinase is a major transcript in the mouse stomachMisa Ohno
Department of Applied Chemistry, Kogakuin University, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e50381. 2012..do not produce chitin or its synthase, they express two active chitinases, chitotriosidase (Chit1) and acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase)...
- Production of a cellulase in silkworm larvae using a recombinant Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus lacking the virus-encoded chitinase and cathepsin genesKwang Sik Lee
College of Natural Resources and Life Science, Dong A University, Busan, Korea
Biotechnol Lett 28:645-50. 2006..infected with recombinant Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV) mutants lacking the virus-encoded chitinase (chiA) and/or cathepsin (v-cath) genes. Expression was increased by approx...
- Endo/exo mechanism and processivity of family 18 chitinases produced by Serratia marcescensSvein J Horn
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, The Norwegian University of Life Sciences, As, Norway
FEBS J 273:491-503. 2006We present a comparative study of ChiA, ChiB, and ChiC, the three family 18 chitinases produced by Serratia marcescens. All three enzymes eventually converted chitin to N-acetylglucosamine dimers (GlcNAc2) and a minor fraction of monomers...
- Expression of chitinases in hypertrophied adenoids of childrenKyung Wook Heo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Inje University College of Medicine, Busan Paik Hospital, Busan, Republic of Korea
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 145:660-5. 2011..The investigators assayed the expression level and site of acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and chitotriosidase (ChT) in hypertrophied adenoids of children to determine the expression ..
- New paralogues and revised time line in the expansion of the vertebrate GH18 familyMushtaq Hussain
College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Mol Evol 76:240-60. 2013..Most mammals encode at least two endochitinases (CHIT1 and CHIA/AMCase), as well as several homologues encoding catalytically inactive chitinase-like proteins or chilectins (all GH18 ..
- Chitinase expression in parotid glands of non-obese diabetic miceT Fukushima
Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, The Nippon Dental University School of Life Dentistry at Niigata, Chuo Ku, Niigata, Japan
Oral Dis 18:506-12. 2012....
- The influence of large deletions on the mutation frequency induced by tritiated water and X-radiation in male Drosophila melanogaster post-meiotic germ cellsN G Fossett
Louisiana State University, Institute for Mutagenesis, Baton Rouge 70803 1725
Mutat Res 307:213-22. 1994..1982; Chia et al., 1985; LoMonaco et al., 1987; Mahmoud et al., 1991)...
- A chitinase with high activity toward partially N-acetylated chitosan from a new, moderately thermophilic, chitin-degrading bacterium, Ralstonia sp. A-471A Sutrisno
Laboratory of Biocycle Engineering, Graduate School of Agriculture and Biological Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai, 599 8531 Osaka, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 63:398-406. 2004..A thermostable chitinase A ( Ra-ChiA) was purified from culture fluid of the bacterium grown in colloidal chitin medium...
- Pollution and variation of stream nitrate in a protected high-mountain watershed of Central Taiwan: evidence from nitrate concentration and nitrogen and oxygen isotope compositionsTsung Ren Peng
Department of Soil and Environmental Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, Republic of China
Environ Monit Assess 184:4985-98. 2012..and manure-sourced fertilizers to assess pollution and variation in stream nitrate at the watershed of the Chi-Chia-Wan Stream (CCWS), a protected high-mountain stream in Central Taiwan...
- Cloning, expression, and characterization of a chitinase from the chitinolytic bacterium Aeromonas hydrophila strain SUWA-9Xiqian Lan
Department of Applied Biology, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:2437-42. 2006..A gene coding for an endo-type chitinase (chiA) was isolated from SUWA-9...
- Distribution of genetic variation within and among local populations of Arabidopsis thaliana over its species rangeE G Bakker
Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Ecol 15:1405-18. 2006..England, Eastern and Western Europe, and Asia, and a selection of ecotypes, were analysed for variation in Adh, ChiA, FAH1, F3H, Rpm1, Rps5, and five microsatellite loci...
- Protein A-mouse acidic mammalian chitinase-V5-His expressed in periplasmic space of Escherichia coli possesses chitinase functions comparable to CHO-expressed proteinAkinori Kashimura
Department of Applied Chemistry, Kogakuin University, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e78669. 2013b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) has been shown to be associated with asthma in mouse models, allergic inflammation and food processing. Here, we describe an E...
- The Listeria monocytogenes ChiA chitinase enhances virulence through suppression of host innate immunitySwarnava Chaudhuri
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
MBio 4:e00617-12. 2013..Recently, an L. monocytogenes chitinase (ChiA) was shown to enhance bacterial infection in mice...
- Molecular cloning and purification of an endochitinase from Serratia marcescens (Nima)Alejandro Ruiz-Sanchez
Instituto de Ciencias, Agrícolas, Universidad de Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
Mol Biotechnol 31:103-11. 2005An endochitinase gene from the Serratia marcescens Nima strain (chiA Nima) was cloned, sequenced, and expressed in Escherichia coli DH5alphaF', and the recombinant protein (ChiA Nima) was purified by hydrophobic interaction chromatography...
- Two-step purification of Bacillus circulans chitinase A1 expressed in Escherichia coli periplasmChun Ti Chen
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan, ROC
Protein Expr Purif 37:27-31. 2004..purify the target enzyme, chitinase A1 of Bacillus circulans WL-12, from Escherichia coli DH5alpha carrying the chiA gene with its natural promoter in the plasmid pNTU110. Chitinase A1 was purified to apparent homogeneity from E...
- Expression and characterization of the chitinases from Serratia marcescens GEI strain for the control of Varroa destructor, a honey bee parasiteShuang Tu
College of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, 510275 Guangzhou, China
J Invertebr Pathol 104:75-82. 2010..The expressed chitinases ChiA, ChiB and ChiC1 from S...
- Chia (Salvia hispanica L.) seed as an n-3 fatty acid source for finishing pigs: effects on fatty acid composition and fat stability of the meat and internal fat, growth performance, and meat sensory characteristicsW Coates
The University of Arizona, Office of Arid Lands Studies, Sonoita 85637, USA
J Anim Sci 87:3798-804. 2009..b>Chia seed (Salvia hispanica L...
- Contributions of Francisella tularensis subsp. novicida chitinases and Sec secretion system to biofilm formation on chitinJeffrey J Margolis
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:596-608. 2010..tularensis to persist using chitin as a sole carbon source is dependent on chitinases, since mutants lacking chiA or chiB are attenuated for chitin colonization and biofilm formation in the absence of exogenous sugar...
- Human chitinases and chitinase-like proteins as indicators for inflammation and cancerJulia Kzhyshkowska
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, University Medical Centre Mannheim, Ruprecht Karls, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim D 68167, Germany
Biomark Insights 2:128-46. 2007..Chitotriosidase and AMCase are true enzymes which hydrolyse chitin and have a C-terminal chitin-binding domain...
- The roles of three Serratia marcescens chitinases in chitin conversion are reflected in different thermodynamic signatures of allosamidin bindingJamil Baban
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, P O Box 5003, N 1432 As, Norway
J Phys Chem B 114:6144-9. 2010..At pH 6.0, chitinase A (ChiA) binds allosamidin with a K(d) value of 0.17 +/- 0...
- Expression and characterization of Bacillus licheniformis chitinase (ChiA), suitable for bioconversion of chitin wasteChomphunuch Songsiriritthigul
Synchrotron Light Research Institute Public Organization, 111 University Avenue, Nakhon Ratchasima 30000, Thailand
Bioresour Technol 101:4096-103. 2010..This paper reports on the expression of endochitinase (ChiA) from Bacillus licheniformis strain DSM8785 in E. coli and characterization of the recombinant enzyme...
- Oxidative stress and asthma: proteome analysis of chitinase-like proteins and FIZZ1 in lung tissue and bronchoalveolar lavage fluidLifeng Zhang
Division of NanoMedicine, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Proteome Res 8:1631-8. 2009..mice compared to a control group: Chitinase 3-like protein 3 (Yml), Chitinase 3-like protein 4 (Ym2), acidic mammalian Chitinase (AMCase), pulmonary surfactant-associated protein D (SP-D), resistin-like molecule alpha (RELMalpha) or "..
- Chromatin interaction analysis using paired-end tag sequencingMelissa J Fullwood
Genome Institute of Singapore, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore
Curr Protoc Mol Biol . 2010Chromatin Interaction Analysis using Paired-End Tag sequencing (ChIA-PET) is a technique developed for large-scale, de novo analysis of higher-order chromatin structures...
- Role of acidic mammalian chitinase and chitotriosidase in nasal polypsSeong Kook Park
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Inje University College of Medicine, Busan Paik Hospital, Busan, Korea
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 141:462-6. 2009..b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and chitotriosidase (ChT) have chitinolytic activity, but little is known about their roles in ..
- Role of eotaxin-3 in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polypsZhaowei Gu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, China Medical University Affiliated Shengjing Hospital, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, China
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 145:324-6. 2011..Eotaxin-3, acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase), and interleukin (IL)–13 as focal immune factors have been detected in CRSwNP, but their ..
- A novel bifunctional peptidic aspartic protease inhibitor inhibits chitinase A from Serratia marcescens: Kinetic analysis of inhibition and binding affinityAjit Kumar
Division of Biochemical Sciences, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune 411 008, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:526-36. 2010..Here, we report a novel peptidic inhibitor API (Aspartic Protease Inhibitor), isolated from Bacillus licheniformis that inhibits chitinase A (ChiA) from Serratia marcescens.
- Estrogen receptor action in three dimensions - looping the loopVasiliki Theodorou
Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Research Institute, Robinson Way, Cambridge, CB2 0RE, UK
Breast Cancer Res 12:303. 2010..A recent paper describes a new technique, called ChIA-PET (chromatin interaction analysis using paired-end tag sequencing), that can directly address these questions...
- Targeting angiogenesis in an age of personalized medicineGopi K Kota
Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC
Cancer Biol Ther 10:874-7. 2010..treatment: Simultaneous blocking of VEGF receptor-1 and 2 Feng-Jen Tseng, Yu-Cheng Chen, Yu-Ling Lin, Nu-Man Tsai, Ru-Ping Lee, Yo-Shong Chung, Chia-Hung Chen, Yen-Ku Liu, Yu-Shan Huang, Chia-Hsiang Hwang, Yiu-Kay Lai and Kuang-Wen Liao.
- Identification and characterization of a chitinase of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia, a bacterium that is antagonistic towards fungal phytopathogensUrszula Jankiewicz
Department of Biochemistry, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, SGGW, Nowoursynowska 159, 02 776 Warsaw, Poland
J Biosci Bioeng 113:30-5. 2012..analysis, the peptides derived from the purified chitinase were assigned to amino acid sequences of the type ChiA chitinases synthesized by Stenotrophomonas bacteria...
- Analyzing airway inflammation with chemical biology: dissection of acidic mammalian chitinase function with a selective drug-like inhibitorTara E Sutherland
Centre for Immunity, Infection and Evolution, and the Institute of Immunology and Infection Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Chem Biol 18:569-79. 2011b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is produced in the lung during allergic inflammation and asthma, and inhibition of enzymatic activity has been considered as a therapeutic strategy...
- The role of rabbit meat as functional foodAntonella Dalle Zotte
Department of Animal Science, University of Padova, Agripolis, 35020, Legnaro PD, Italy
Meat Sci 88:319-31. 2011..Dietary fortification with vitamin E or natural products such as oregano essential oil, chia seed oil, and Spirulina platensis microalga seem promising in improving the oxidative stability of rabbit meat ..
- A decade of 3C technologies: insights into nuclear organizationElzo de Wit
Hubrecht Institute KNAW, University Medical Center Utrecht, CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Genes Dev 26:11-24. 2012..including 4C [chromosome conformation capture-on-chip], 5C [chromosome conformation capture carbon copy], HiC, and ChIA-PET), summarize their contribution to our current understanding of genome structure, and discuss how shape ..
- Omega-3 enriched egg production: the effect of α -linolenic ω -3 fatty acid sources on laying hen performance and yolk lipid content and fatty acid compositionA Antruejo
Fac Cs Veterinarias Universidad Nacional de Rosario, 2170 Casilda, Argentina
Br Poult Sci 52:750-60. 2011..4. Flaxseed and flaxseed oil, along with chia seed and chia seed oil, were the two main sources of ω-3 fatty acid examined during the 84 d trial. 5...
- Thermal and physicochemical properties and nutritional value of the protein fraction of Mexican chia seed (Salvia hispanica L.)B L Olivos-Lugo
Facultad de Quimica, Departamento de Alimentos y Biotecnología Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico DF 04510, Mexico
Food Sci Technol Int 16:89-96. 2010Thermal, functional and nutritional properties of the main protein fractions and a protein isolate of chia seed from the state of Jalisco, Mexico, were studied by differential scanning calorimetry, gelling, foaming, water-holding capacity ..
- Chitinase effects on immune cell response in neuromyelitis optica and multiple sclerosisJorge Correale
Department of Neurology, Raul Carrea Institute for Neurological Research, FLENI, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mult Scler 17:521-31. 2011..Recent studies conducted in arthritis, asthma, and inflammatory bowel disease suggest that chitinases are important in inflammatory processes and tissue remodeling...
- Acidic mammalian chitinase is not a critical target for allergic airway diseaseLori J Fitz
Inflammation and Immunology Research Unit, Pfizer, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 46:71-9. 2012The expression of acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is associated with Th2-driven respiratory disorders...
- The chitinolytic activity of Listeria monocytogenes EGD is regulated by carbohydrates but also by the virulence regulator PrfAM H Larsen
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:6470-6. 2010..Chitin hydrolysis by Listeria monocytogenes depends on two chitinase-encoding genes, chiA and chiB, and the aim of this study was to investigate their regulation...
- Chios mastic, a natural supplement for zinc to enhance male sexuality and prostate functionThomas Sawidis
Department of Botany, University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Pharm Biol 48:48-54. 2010Mastic is a natural resin extracted from the stem of the evergreen tree Pistacia lentiscus var. Chia (Duham) (Anacardiaceae). For a long time, mastic has been esteemed for its aphrodisiac properties...
- Chia (Salvia hispanica L) gel can be used as egg or oil replacer in cake formulationsRafael Borneo
Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnologia, Alvarez de Arenales 230, B Juniors X5004AAP, Cordoba, Argentina
J Am Diet Assoc 110:946-9. 2010..the overall acceptability, sensory characteristics, functional properties, and nutrient content of cakes made using chia (Salvia hispanica L) gel as a replacement for oil or eggs...
- Oral administration of chios mastic gum or extracts in mice: quantification of triterpenic acids by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryNikolaos Lemonakis
Laboratory of Pharmacology Pharmacotechnology, Biomedical Research Foundation Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
Planta Med 77:1916-23. 2011Chios mastic gum, the resin obtained as an exudate from the trunk and branches of Pistacia lentiscus L var. chia, is used extensively as a constituent of herbal drugs or functional foods...
- The chitinase and chitinase-like proteins: a review of genetic and functional studies in asthma and immune-mediated diseasesCarole Ober
Department of Human Genetics, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60636, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 9:401-8. 2009..chitotriosidase (CHIT1), YKL-40, and acid mammalian chitinase, and summarizes the genetic studies of asthma and immune-mediated diseases with polymorphisms in the genes encoding these proteins, CHIT1, CHI3L1, and CHIA, respectively.
- Alterations in erythrocyte plasma membrane ATPase activity and adenine nucleotide content in a spontaneously diabetic subline of the Chinese hamsterD Bettin
, Greifswald, Germany
Horm Metab Res 28:1-6. 1996..activity, we determined membrane ATPase activity and ATP concentrations in red blood cells of diabetes-resistant CHIA and diabetes-susceptible CHIG sublines of the Chinese hamster...
- Polymorphisms and haplotypes of acid mammalian chitinase are associated with bronchial asthmaSibylle Bierbaum
University Children s Hospital, University of Freiburg, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:1505-9. 2005..Recent studies in mouse models of bronchial asthma have shown that acid mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is involved in the pathophysiology of asthma...
- Understanding the role of AMCase in asthmaRichard A Flavell; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this project we will define the function of AMCase, a chitinase with true enzymatic activity by generating and characterizing conditional knockout AMCase mice with ..
- Bacterial chitinases as new virulence factorsNicholas P Cianciotto; Fiscal Year: 2010..In vitro experiments then documented that the L. pneumophila chitinase (ChiA) promotes growth in lung epithelial cells but not in macrophages...
- Acidic Mammalian Chitinase in IL-13 / Th2 InflammationZhou Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2006..To test this concept we studied the role of acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase), a 50 kD protein product, in allergic inflammation...
- BIOCHEMICAL BASIS OF KERATOCONUSBEATRICE YUE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Creation of the binary mouse line will be subcontracted to Dr. Chia-Yang Liu at the University of Cincinnati...
- Non-parenteral transmission of hepatitis CChia Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposal will provide the applicant, Chia Wang, with training in the epidemiologic study of viral transmission. Dr. Wang is a board certified ID physician with a MS in Epidemiology...
- AMCase and BRP-39 in Th2 Inflammation and AsthmaJack Elias; Fiscal Year: 2008..This includes true chitinases such as acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and members that lack chitinase activity like breast regression protein-39 (BRP-39)...