Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHI3L1
Description: chitinase 3 like 1
Alias: ASRT7, CGP-39, GP-39, GP39, HC-gp39, HCGP-3P, YKL-40, YKL40, YYL-40, hCGP-39, chitinase-3-like protein 1, 39 kDa synovial protein, cartilage glycoprotein 39, chitinase 3-like 1 (cartilage glycoprotein-39)
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- YKL-40 is elevated in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and activates alveolar macrophagesSeverine Letuve
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 700, Physiopathology and Epidemiology of Respiratory Insufficiency, Paris, France
J Immunol 181:5167-73. 2008..We conclude that YKL-40 is up-regulated in COPD, in which it may contribute to tissue inflammation and remodeling by sustaining the synthesis of proinflammatory and fibrogenic chemokines and of metalloproteinases by alveolar macrophages...
- YKL-40, a secreted glycoprotein, promotes tumor angiogenesisR Shao
Pioneer Valley Life Sciences Institute, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Oncogene 28:4456-68. 2009..These findings provide novel insights into angiogenic activities and molecular mechanisms of YKL-40 in cancer development...
- The chitinase 3-like 1 gene and schizophrenia: evidence from a multi-center case-control study and meta-analysisKazutaka Ohi
Department of Psychiatry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Schizophr Res 116:126-32. 2010The chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1) gene acts as a cellular survival factor in response to several environmental and psychosocial stresses...
- Increased YKL-40 expression in patients with carotid atherosclerosisAnnika E Michelsen
Research Institute for Internal Medicine, Rikshospitalet, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Atherosclerosis 211:589-95. 2010..We hypothesized a role for the inflammatory protein YKL-40 in atherogenesis and plaque destabilization based on its role in macrophage activation, tissue remodeling, and angiogenesis...
- Role of YKL-40 in the angiogenesis, radioresistance, and progression of glioblastomaRalph A Francescone
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, Morrill Science Center, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Biol Chem 286:15332-43. 2011..These findings have shed light on the mechanisms by which YKL-40 promotes tumor angiogenesis and malignancy, and thus provide a therapeutic target for tumor treatment...
- Effect of variation in CHI3L1 on serum YKL-40 level, risk of asthma, and lung functionCarole Ober
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1682-91. 2008..We hypothesized that single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) that affect YKL-40 levels also influence asthma status and lung function...
- YKL-40 protein levels and clinical outcome of human endometrial cancerC Peng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
J Int Med Res 38:1448-57. 2010..In conclusion, high YKL-40 immuno reactivity in endometrial cancer may be associated with poor prognosis...
- Selective repression of YKL-40 by NF-kappaB in glioma cell lines involves recruitment of histone deacetylase-1 and -2Krishna P Bhat
Brain Tumor Center, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
FEBS Lett 582:3193-200. 2008..This study presents a paradigm for NF-kappaB regulation of one of its targets in a strict cell type specific manner...
- Elevated circulating levels of the serum acute-phase protein YKL-40 (chitinase 3-like protein 1) are a marker of obesity and insulin resistance in prepubertal childrenIoannis Kyrgios
4th Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou General Hospital, 564 03 Thessaloniki, Greece
Metabolism 61:562-8. 2012..Prospective studies are needed to determine whether children with elevated YKL-40 levels are at higher risk for future cardiovascular disease...
- Astrocyte and macrophage regulation of YKL-40 expression and cellular response in neuroinflammationDafna Bonneh-Barkay
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Brain Pathol 22:530-46. 2012....
- IL-6, but not TNF-α, increases plasma YKL-40 in human subjectsAnders R Nielsen
The Centre of Inflammation and Metabolism, Department of Infectious Diseases and CMRC, Rigshospitalet, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cytokine 55:152-5. 2011..The plasma level of YKL-40 did not change during TNF-α infusion or infusion of vehicle. These data demonstrate that IL-6, but not TNF-α, has a key-role in the regulation of plasma YKL-40 levels during inflammation...
- Enhanced expression of the human chitinase 3-like 2 gene (YKL-39) but not chitinase 3-like 1 gene (YKL-40) in osteoarthritic cartilageEric Steck
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, 69118, Heidelberg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 299:109-15. 2002..Enhanced levels of YKL-40 may, therefore, be derived from synovial cells while modulation of YKL-39 and collagen 2 expression reflected the cartilage metabolism in response to degradation...
- Functional variants in the promoter region of Chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1) and susceptibility to schizophreniaXinzhi Zhao
Bio X Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Am J Hum Genet 80:12-8. 2007The chitinase 3-like 1 gene (CHI3L1) is abnormally expressed in the hippocampus of subjects with schizophrenia and may be involved in the cellular response to various environmental events that are reported to increase the risk of ..
- A CHI3L1 gene polymorphism is associated with serum levels of YKL-40, a novel sarcoidosis markerAdrian Kruit
Department of Pulmonology, Heart Lung Centre Utrecht, St Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Respir Med 101:1563-71. 2007..YKL-40, a chitinase-like cartilage glycoprotein, has recently shown its potential as a marker for sarcoidosis...
- YKL-40 protein expression is not a prognostic marker in patients with primary breast cancerAnne Roslind
Department of Oncology, Herlev University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Breast Cancer Res Treat 112:275-85. 2008..Contrary to studies on serum YKL-40 as a prognostic biomarker, a high YKL-40 expression in tumor cells was not significantly associated with DSF and OS in univariate and multivariate analyses...
- Cerebrospinal fluid chitinase 3-like 1 levels are associated with conversion to multiple sclerosisManuel Comabella
Centre d esclerosi multiple de Catalunya, CEM Cat, Unitat de Neuroimmunologia Clinica, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron HUVH, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Brain 133:1082-93. 2010....
- The influence of statin treatment on the inflammatory biomarkers YKL-40 and HsCRP in patients with stable coronary artery diseaseNaja Dam Mygind
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory 2014, Department of Medicine B, Faculty of Health Sciences, The Heart Centre, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Inflamm Res 60:281-7. 2011..The aim was to investigate the influence of statin treatment and lipid status on serum YKL-40 and Hs-CRP in patients with stable CAD...
- Human synovial cells secrete a 39 kDa protein similar to a bovine mammary protein expressed during the non-lactating periodP Nyirkos
Shriners Hospital, Joint Diseases Laboratory, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biochem J 269:265-8. 1990..Characterization of this 39 kDa protein may provide a useful marker for classification of connective tissue cells...
- High levels of serum HER-2/neu and YKL-40 independently reflect aggressiveness of metastatic breast cancerBenny Vittrup Jensen
Department of Oncology, Herlev Hospital, Hvidovre Hospital, University of Copenhagen, DK 2750 Herlev Denmark
Clin Cancer Res 9:4423-34. 2003....
- Inflammatory cytokines induce production of CHI3L1 by articular chondrocytesAnneliese D Recklies
Joint Diseases Laboratory, Shriners Hospital for Children, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:41213-21. 2005Elevated levels of CHI3L1 (chitinase-3-like protein 1) are associated with disorders exhibiting increased connective tissue turnover, such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, scleroderma, and cirrhosis of the liver...
- High serum levels of YKL-40 in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck are associated with short survivalAnne Roslind
Department of Oncology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Cancer 122:857-63. 2008..Immunohistochemical analysis showed YKL-40 expression in the malignant tumor cells. In conclusion, serum YKL-40 was demonstrated to be an independent prognostic biomarker of recurrence-free and overall survival in patients with HNSCC...
- Serum YKL-40 as a marker for cervical adenocarcinomaA Mitsuhashi
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chuo Ku, Chiba, Japan
Ann Oncol 20:71-7. 2009..The current study examined the clinical usefulness of YKL-40 in detection and prognosis of uterine cervical cancer...
- Increased circulating and visceral adipose tissue expression levels of YKL-40 in obesity-associated type 2 diabetes are related to inflammation: impact of conventional weight loss and gastric bypassVictoria Catalan
Metabolic Research Laboratory, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:200-9. 2011..Plasma YKL-40 is elevated in patients with type 2 diabetes. The potential role of visceral adipose tissue (VAT) as a significant source of YKL-40 is unknown...
- Serum YKL-40 is a marker of prognosis and disease status in high-grade gliomasFabio M Iwamoto
The Brain Tumor Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:1244-51. 2011..4, P< .0001). Longitudinal increases in serum YKL-40 are associated with increased risk of death in patients with glioblastomas and anaplastic gliomas. YKL-40 is also a putative indicator of disease status in these patients...
- Cancer risk by combined levels of YKL-40 and C-reactive protein in the general populationK H Allin
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Herlev Hospital, Copenhagen University Hospital, Herlev Ringvej 75, Herlev 2730, Denmark
Br J Cancer 106:199-205. 2012..YKL-40 and C-reactive protein (CRP) are biomarkers that may reflect cancer-related subclinical inflammation. We assessed elevated YKL-40 and CRP levels as combined risk predictors for cancer...
- Chitinase-like protein Brp-39/YKL-40 modulates the renal response to ischemic injury and predicts delayed allograft functionInsa M Schmidt
Section of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 24:309-19. 2013..of graded times of renal ischemia revealed a direct correlation between the degree of kidney injury and both Chi3l1/Brp-39 expression in the kidney and its levels in the urine...
- Serum level of YKL-40 is elevated in patients with Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteremia and is associated with the outcome of the diseaseGitte Kronborg
Department of Infectious Diseases, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Infect Dis 34:323-6. 2002b>YKL40 is secreted by activated macrophages and neutrophils. Elevated serum concentrations of YKL40 are found in patients with diseases characterized by inflammation or ongoing fibrosis...
- Localization of MHC class II/human cartilage glycoprotein-39 complexes in synovia of rheumatoid arthritis patients using complex-specific monoclonal antibodiesPeter G A Steenbakkers
Department of Pharmacology, N V Organon, Oss, The Netherlands
J Immunol 170:5719-27. 2003..These data support a role of HC gp-39 in the local autoimmune response that leads to chronic inflammation and joint destruction...
- Transcriptional regulation of CHI3L1, a marker gene for late stages of macrophage differentiationMichael Rehli
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:44058-67. 2003The protein product of the CHI3L1 gene, human cartilage 39-kDa glycoprotein (HC-gp39), is a tissue-restricted, chitin-binding lectin and member of glycosyl hydrolase family 18...
- Chitinase-3-like 1 (CHI3L1) gene and schizophrenia: genetic association and a potential functional mechanismMao Sheng Yang
Neuropsychiatric Genetics Research Group, Department of Psychiatry and Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Biol Psychiatry 64:98-103. 2008Gene expression data and association analyses in two Chinese samples implicate chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1), a cellular survival gene, in schizophrenia susceptibility.
- YKL-40 in asthmatic patients, and its correlations with exacerbation, eosinophils and immunoglobulin EH Tang
Dept of Respiratory Disease, Changzheng Hospital, Shanghai, China
Eur Respir J 35:757-60. 2010....
- Association between YKL-40 and adult primary astrocytomaWei Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, People s Republic of China
Cancer 116:2688-97. 2010....
- Genetic polymorphisms in chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1) are associated with circulating YKL-40 levels, but not with angiographic coronary artery disease in a Chinese populationJian Lei Zheng
Department of Cardiology, Rui Jin Hospital, Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Cytokine 54:51-5. 2011We sought to examine if polymorphisms in the promoter region of YKL-40 gene (CHI3L1) are associated with serum YKL-40 levels and coronary artery disease (CAD) in Chinese patients.
- Increased tissue immunoexpression of YKL-40 protein in high grade serous ovarian cancersPaweł Stawerski
Department of Nephropathology, Medical University of Lodz, ul Pomorska 251, 92 213 Lodz, Poland
Pathol Res Pract 207:573-6. 2011....
- The chitinase-like protein YKL-40 modulates cystic fibrosis lung diseaseAndreas Hector
Department I, Children s Hospital, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e24399. 2011..YKL-40/BRP-39 levelsare increased in human and murine CF airway fluids, correlate with pulmonary function and modulate CF lung disease severity genetically. These findings suggest YKL-40 as a potential biomarker in CF lung disease...
- Chitinase 3-like 1 promotes macrophage recruitment and angiogenesis in colorectal cancerM Kawada
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Oncogene 31:3111-23. 2012Chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1), one of the mammalian members of the chitinase family, is expressed in several types of human cancer, and elevated serum level of CHI3L1 is suggested to be a biomarker of poor prognosis in advanced cancer ..
- Chitinase 3-like 1 gene-329G/A polymorphism, plasma concentration and risk of coronary heart disease in a Chinese populationFangyi Xie
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Gene 499:135-8. 2012..The goal of the present study was to investigate whether the chitinase-like 1 gene-329G/A variant (rs10399931) confers susceptibility to CHD, and whether it is associated with the clinical phenotype and severity of disease...
- Association between human cartilage glycoprotein 39 (YKL-40) and arterial stiffness in essential hypertensionWei Hong Ma
Department of Cardiology, the Second Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, 250033, China
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:35. 2012..However, the relationship between YKL-40 and arterial stiffness in hypertensive patients has not been adequately assessed...
- Serum YKL-40 predicts long-term mortality in patients with stable coronary disease: a prognostic study within the CLARICOR trialMarina Harutyunyan
Department of Medicine B, The Heart Centre, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital and Faculty of Health Sciences, Copenhagen, Denmark
Immunobiology 218:945-51. 2013....
- Cerebrospinal fluid level of YKL-40 protein in preclinical and prodromal Alzheimer's diseaseAnna Antonell
Alzheimer s Disease and Other Cognitive Disorders Unit, Neurology Service, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
J Alzheimers Dis 42:901-8. 2014..Specifically, YKL-40 protein is increased in mild AD with respect to controls, both in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and plasma...
- Human cartilage gp-39, a major secretory product of articular chondrocytes and synovial cells, is a mammalian member of a chitinase protein familyB E Hakala
Joint Diseases Laboratory, Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 268:25803-10. 1993..These observations suggest that the expression of HC gp-39 may be related to a response of these cells to an altered tissue environment...
- Molecular characterization of the gene for human cartilage gp-39 (CHI3L1), a member of the chitinase protein family and marker for late stages of macrophage differentiationM Rehli
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Regensburg, Germany
Genomics 43:221-5. 1997..of this "marker gene," we characterized the genomic organization of the HC gp-39 gene (HGMW-approved symbol CHI3L1) and cloned its 5'-proximal promotor region. The gene is composed of 10 exons distributed over an 8-kb region...
- Induction and expression of human cartilage glycoprotein 39 in rheumatoid inflammatory and peripheral blood monocyte-derived macrophagesR B Kirkpatrick
Department of Gene Expression Sciences, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
Exp Cell Res 237:46-54. 1997Human cartilage glycoprotein 39 (HC gp-39) has been described as a major secreted product of cultured articular chondrocytes, synovial fibroblasts, and the osteosarcoma line MG63...
- Chitotriosidase, a chitinase, and the 39-kDa human cartilage glycoprotein, a chitin-binding lectin, are homologues of family 18 glycosyl hydrolases secreted by human macrophagesG H Renkema
Department of Biochemistry, University of Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, The Netherlands
Eur J Biochem 251:504-9. 1998..The possible implication of the finding for chitinolytic and chitin-binding proteins that are produced in high quantities by activated macrophages are discussed...
- YKL-40, a matrix protein of specific granules in neutrophils, is elevated in serum of patients with community-acquired pneumonia requiring hospitalizationC Nordenbaek
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Rheumatology, Odense University Hospital, DK 5000 Odense, Denmark
J Infect Dis 180:1722-6. 1999....
- Human cartilage glycoprotein 39 (HC gp-39) mRNA expression in adult and fetal chondrocytes, osteoblasts and osteocytes by in-situ hybridizationJ R Connor
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Department of Bone and Cartilage Biology, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 8:87-95. 2000To examine the expression pattern of human cartilage glycoprotein 39 (HC gp-39) mRNA in human cartilage and bone.
- YKL-40 is elevated in cerebrospinal fluid from patients with purulent meningitisChristian Østergaard
Division of Microbiology, Department of Research and Development, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:598-604. 2002..In conclusion, high levels of YKL-40 in CSF are found in patients with purulent meningitis...
- The chitinase 3-like protein human cartilage glycoprotein 39 (HC-gp39) stimulates proliferation of human connective-tissue cells and activates both extracellular signal-regulated kinase- and protein kinase B-mediated signalling pathwaysAnneliese D Recklies
Joint Diseases Laboratory, Shriners Hospital for Children, 1529 Cedar Avenue, Montreal, QC, Canada H3G 1A6
Biochem J 365:119-26. 2002Human cartilage glycoprotein 39 (HC-gp39) is a glycoprotein secreted by articular chondrocytes, synoviocytes and macrophages...
- High serum YKL-40 level after surgery for colorectal carcinoma is related to short survivalChristina Cintin
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Hvidovre Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer 95:267-74. 2002..In the current study the authors evaluated the value of serum YKL-40 in monitoring patients with colorectal carcinoma...
- gp38k (CHI3L1) is a novel adhesion and migration factor for vascular cellsKimi C Nishikawa
Department of Biological Sciences, 1400 Washington Avenue, University at Albany SUNY, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Exp Cell Res 287:79-87. 2003gp38k (CHI3L1) is a secreted heparin-binding glycoprotein whose expression, in vitro, is associated with vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) migration and invasion into the underlying gelatinous matrix...
- Crystal structure and carbohydrate-binding properties of the human cartilage glycoprotein-39Fabrizia Fusetti
Laboratory of Biophysical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747AG Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 278:37753-60. 2003The human cartilage glycoprotein-39 (HCgp-39 or YKL40) is expressed by synovial cells and macrophages during inflammation. Its precise physiological role is unknown...
- HC gp-39 gene is upregulated in glioblastomasKatherina Shostak
Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, 150 Zabolotnogo str, 03143 Kiev, Ukraine
Cancer Lett 198:203-10. 2003....
- Expression of YKL-40 by peritumoral macrophages in human small cell lung cancerNanna Junker
Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Copenhagen, 11 Frederik V Vej, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Lung Cancer 48:223-31. 2005..No YKL-40 mRNA expression was found in the cancer cells, in macrophages infiltrating the solid tumor areas, or in non-malignant tissue. In conclusion, the predominant source of elevated serum YKL-40 in SCLC is peritumoral macrophages...
- YKL-40 expression is associated with poorer response to radiation and shorter overall survival in glioblastomaChristopher E Pelloski
Department of Radiation Oncology, Neuro Oncology, and Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:3326-34. 2005..Here we test these findings in a larger series of patients with glioblastoma, and in particular, determine if tumor YKL-40 expression is associated with radiation response...
- Prognostic associations of activated mitogen-activated protein kinase and Akt pathways in glioblastomaChristopher E Pelloski
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:3935-41. 2006..This study was conducted to determine whether any of these markers are associated with survival time and response to radiation in glioblastoma...
- YKL-40, a new inflammatory marker with relation to insulin resistance and with a role in endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosisC N Rathcke
Department of Endocrinology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Herlev, Denmark
Inflamm Res 55:221-7. 2006..This article reviews the studies of YKL-40 with focus on a possible role of YKL-40 in insulin resistance, endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis...
- YKL-40 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 as potential serum biomarkers for patients with high-grade gliomasAdilia Hormigo
Clinical Laboratories, Neurosurgical Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:5698-704. 2006..We obtained prospective longitudinal serum samples from patients with gliomas to determine whether YKL-40 or MMP-9 could be used as serum markers...
- Changes of biochemical markers of bone turnover and YKL-40 following hormonal treatment for metastatic prostate cancer are related to survivalJulia S Johansen
Department of Rheumatology, Herlev Hospital, Denmark
Clin Cancer Res 13:3244-9. 2007..In this study, we evaluated the value of these biomarkers in monitoring the patients during hormonal treatment...
- Increased expression of the inflammatory protein YKL-40 in precancers of the breastWenyi Qin
Department of Surgery University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65121, USA
Int J Cancer 121:1536-42. 2007..NAF levels of YKL-40 are significantly higher in women with precancers than healthy subjects, suggesting that measuring YKL-40 in NAF may improve the identification of women at increased breast cancer risk...
- YKL-40 protein expression in the early developing human musculoskeletal systemJulia S Johansen
Department of Rheumatology, Q 107, Herlev Hospital, Herlev Ringvej 75, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
J Histochem Cytochem 55:1213-28. 2007..This indicates that YKL-40 is associated with cell proliferation, differentiation, and tissue morphogenesis during development of the human musculoskeletal system...
- Experimental anti-angiogenesis causes upregulation of genes associated with poor survival in glioblastomaAhlame Saidi
ELAT European Laboratory for Angiogenesis and Translational Research, INSERM U920 ex E0113, Talence, F 33405, France
Int J Cancer 122:2187-98. 2008..CHI3L2, IL1B, PI3/elafin and CHI3L1, which encodes for YKL-40, a putative prognosticator for various diseases, including cancer, were strongly up-..
- Serum YKL-40 levels and chitotriosidase activity as potential biomarkers in primary prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasiaMine Kucur
Fikret Biyal Central Research Laboratory, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Urol Oncol 26:47-52. 2008..YKL-40, a growth factor for connective tissue cells, a migration factor for endothelial and vascular smooth muscle cells, is expressed by several types of solid human carcinoma, including prostate carcinoma...
- Serum levels of YKL-40 increases in patients with acute myocardial infarctionCamilla Nøjgaard
Department of Gastroenterology, Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Coron Artery Dis 19:257-63. 2008..The aim was to examine the sequential changes in serum YKL-40 in patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI), with and without thrombolytic therapy, as compared with patients with stable coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Chitinase 3-like-1 enhances bacterial adhesion to colonic epithelial cells through the interaction with bacterial chitin-binding proteinMayumi Kawada
Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Medicine, Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Lab Invest 88:883-95. 2008..We previously reported that chitinase 3-like-1 (CHI3L1) enhances bacterial adhesion and invasion on/into colonic epithelial cells (CECs)...
- YKL-40 a new biomarker in patients with acute coronary syndrome or stable coronary artery diseaseYongzhong Wang
Medical Department B, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, The Heart Centre, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital Copenhagen, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand Cardiovasc J 42:295-302. 2008..Aim was to quantitate plasma YKL-40 in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) or stable chronic coronary artery disease (CAD), and YKL-40 gene activation in human myocardium...
- Plasma YKL-40: a BMI-independent marker of type 2 diabetesAnders R Nielsen
Department of InfectiousDiseases, Facultyof Health Sciences, Centre of Inflammation and Metabolism, Copenhagen Muscle Research Center, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 57:3078-82. 2008..YKL-40 is produced by macrophages, and plasma YKL-40 is elevated in patients with diseases characterized by inflammation. In the present study, YKL-40 was examined in relation to obesity, inflammation, and type 2 diabetes...
- YKL-40, a marker of inflammation and endothelial dysfunction, is elevated in patients with type 1 diabetes and increases with levels of albuminuriaCamilla Noelle Rathcke
Department of Endocrinology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes Care 32:323-8. 2009..In the present study, YKL-40 levels were examined in patients with type 1 diabetes with increasing levels of albuminuria, known to be associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease...
- Chitinase 3-Like-1 (CHI3L1): a putative disease marker at the interface of proteomics and glycomicsFrederick D Coffman
Department of Pathology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 45:531-62. 2008Chitinase 3-Like-1 (CHI3L1) is a secreted 40 kDa glycoprotein that is upregulated in a number of human cancers and in non-neoplastic disease states characterized by chronic inflammation and tissue remodeling...
- A functional variation in CHI3L1 is associated with severity of liver fibrosis and YKL-40 serum levels in chronic hepatitis C infectionMarie Luise Berres
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Aachen, RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstr 30, D 52057 Aachen, Germany
J Hepatol 50:370-6. 2009..We assessed whether a functional promoter polymorphism in CHI3L1, encoding YKL-40, is associated with HCV-induced liver fibrosis and influences YKL-40 serum concentrations.
- Genetic variation in the promoter region of chitinase 3-like 1 is associated with atopyMyung Hyun Sohn
Department of Pediatrics and Institute of Allergy, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:449-56. 2009..Aberrant expression of chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1), also known as YKL-40 or HC gp-39, is involved in the pathogenesis of inflammatory and allergic diseases.
- Variation in CHI3LI in relation to type 2 diabetes and related quantitative traitsCamilla Noelle Rathcke
Department of Endocrinology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 4:e5469. 2009..The aim of the present study was to investigate the putative association between SNPs and haplotype blocks of CHI3LI and T2D and T2D related quantitative traits...
- Expression and clinical significance of YKL-40 protein in epithelial ovarian cancer tissuesGuo fen Yang
Department of Gynecology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PR China
Ai Zheng 28:142-5. 2009..Moreover, YKL-40 expression is closely related to clinical phenotypes of some malignant tumors. This study was to investigate the expression and clinical significance of YKL-40 protein in epithelial ovarian cancer tissues...
- Association of polymorphisms of the CHI3L1 gene with asthma and atopy: a populations-based study of 6514 Danish adultsCamilla Noelle Rathcke
Department of Endocrinology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 4:e6106. 2009YKL-40 is a chitinase-like glycoprotein encoded by the chitinase 3-like 1 gene, CHI3L1, localized at chromosome 1q32.1. Increased levels of serum YKL-40 have been reported to be a biomarker for asthma and a reduced lung function...
- The chitinase and chitinase-like proteins: a review of genetic and functional studies in asthma and immune-mediated diseasesCarole Ober
Department of Human Genetics, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60636, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 9:401-8. 2009..chitotriosidase (CHIT1), YKL-40, and acid mammalian chitinase, and summarizes the genetic studies of asthma and immune-mediated diseases with polymorphisms in the genes encoding these proteins, CHIT1, CHI3L1, and CHIA, respectively.
- YKL-40 secreted from adipose tissue inhibits degradation of type I collagenTakeo Iwata
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 388:511-6. 2009..These results suggest that macrophage/preadipocyte interaction enhances degradation of type I collagen in AT, meanwhile, YKL-40 secreted from macrophages infiltrating into AT inhibits the type I collagen degradation...
- Overexpression of YKL-40 is an independent prognostic marker in gastric cancerJiong Bi
Laboratory of Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Hum Pathol 40:1790-7. 2009..These results suggest that overexpression of YKL-40 is correlated with the aggressive behavior of tumor cells, which could be used as an independent molecular marker for the predicting poor prognosis of patients with gastric cancer...
- Plasma YKL-40 is elevated in patients with recurrent atrial fibrillation after catheter ablationKristoffer Mads Henningsen
Department of Cardiology, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory 2014, The Heart Centre, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Inflamm Res 59:463-9. 2010..To study plasma YKL-40 in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) treated with radiofrequency (RF) catheter ablation and to assess the predictive role of plasma YKL-40 and its changes after restoration of sinus rhythm (SR)...
- Increased serum YKL-40 and C-reactive protein levels are associated with angiographic lesion progression in patients with coronary artery diseaseJian Lei Zheng
Department of Cardiology, Rui Jin Hospital, Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, PR China
Atherosclerosis 210:590-5. 2010..This study aimed to assess the possible association between YKL-40 and coronary lesion progression in CAD patients...
- YKL-40 is directly produced by tumor cells and is inversely linked to EGFR in glioblastomasCraig Horbinski
Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, University of Kentucky, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 3:226-37. 2010..3), but loss of heterozygosity in 10q23 correlated with increased YKL-40 expression (P = 0.03). These data suggest that YKL-40 is predominantly expressed by neoplastic glial cells and is related to certain key molecular alterations...
- Lack of evidence for association of two functional SNPs of CHI3L1 gene (HC-gp39) with rheumatoid arthritisSanjeev K Srivastava
Department of Genetics, Cell and Immunobiology, Semmelweis University, Nagyvarad ter 4, 1089, Budapest, Hungary
Rheumatol Int 31:1003-7. 2011b>CHI3L1 gene encodes for a glycoprotein (HC-gp39 or YKL40) secreted by synovial fibroblasts, macrophages, neutrophil granulocytes and chondrocytes. Its expression is under the control of NF-kB...
- CHI3L1 (YKL-40) is expressed in human gliomas and regulates the invasion, growth and survival of glioma cellsBo Mi Ku
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Health Science, School of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, South Korea
Int J Cancer 128:1316-26. 2011Chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1) is a secreted glycoprotein that has pleiotropic activity in aggressive cancers. In our study, we examined the expression and function of CHI3L1 in glioma cells...
- In vivo CHI3L1 (YKL-40) expression in astrocytes in acute and chronic neurological diseasesDafna Bonneh-Barkay
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Neuroinflammation 7:34. 2010b>CHI3L1 (YKL-40) is up-regulated in a variety of inflammatory conditions and cancers...
- Role of breast regression protein-39 in the pathogenesis of cigarette smoke-induced inflammation and emphysemaHiroshi Matsuura
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8057, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44:777-86. 2011..These studies also underscore that maintaining physiologic concentrations of YKL-40 in the lung is therapeutically important in preventing excessive inflammatory responses or emphysematous alveolar destruction...
- A promoter polymorphism -2122C>T of CHI3L1 is associated with serum low density lipoprotein cholesterol level in Korean subjectsHaeyong Lee
Department of Microbiology, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Clin Biochem 43:1195-200. 2010This study assessed the effects of 10 tagging single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the CHI3L1 gene on serum LDL cholesterol levels in 290 Korean subjects.
- Plasma YKL-40 levels in healthy subjects from the general populationStig E Bojesen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Herlev Hospital, Copenhagen University Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Chim Acta 412:709-12. 2011..Plasma YKL-40 is a new biomarker in patients with cancer and inflammatory diseases. High plasma YKL-40 is associated with poor prognosis. Our aim was to determine reference levels in healthy subjects...
- Promoter polymorphisms in the chitinase 3-like 1 gene influence the serum concentration of YKL-40 in Danish patients with rheumatoid arthritis and in healthy subjectsKaspar R Nielsen
Department of Clinical Immunology, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Reberbansgade, Pobox 561, 9000, Aalborg, Denmark
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R109. 2011..study investigates the association between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1) gene and serum concentrations of YKL-40 in Danish patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and healthy controls as ..
- Breast cancer expression of YKL-40 correlates with tumour grade, poor differentiation, and other cancer markersR Shao
Pioneer Valley Life Sciences Institute, 3601 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Br J Cancer 105:1203-9. 2011..However, the tissue expression of YKL-40 and its relationship with clinical outcomes and other potential markers are poorly understood...
- A complex of nuclear factor I-X3 and STAT3 regulates astrocyte and glioma migration through the secreted glycoprotein YKL-40Sandeep K Singh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
J Biol Chem 286:39893-903. 2011..We propose that NFI-X3 and STAT3 control the migration of differentiating astrocytes as well as migration and invasion of glioma cells via regulating YKL-40 expression...
- YKL-40 is differentially expressed in human embryonic stem cells and in cell progeny of the three germ layersChristian B Brøchner
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Histochem Cytochem 60:188-204. 2012....
- YKL-40 expression in human hepatocellular carcinoma: a potential biomarker?Xin Qiang Xiao
Liver Diseases Center, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 10:605-10. 2011..This study aimed to examine the expression of YKL-40 in the serum and liver tissues of HCC patients and in HCC cell lines, in comparison with that in non-HCC liver disease patients and non-tumor hepatic cell lines, respectively...
- The inflammatory biomarker YKL-40 as a new prognostic marker for all-cause mortality in patients with heart failureMarina Harutyunyan
Department of Medicine B, The Heart Centre, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital and Faculty of Health Sciences, Denmark
Immunobiology 217:652-6. 2012....
- Levels of YKL-40 in pleural effusions and blood from patients with pulmonary or pleural diseaseHak Ryul Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Republic of Korea
Cytokine 58:336-43. 2012....
- YKL-40 is elevated in patients with peripheral arterial disease and diabetes or pre-diabetesKlaudija Batinic
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University Zurich, Switzerland
Atherosclerosis 222:557-63. 2012..Experimental in vivo and in vitro data suggest a role of YKL-40 in tissue remodeling. A disease modulating potency of YKL-40 was not investigated in peripheral arterial disease (PAD)...
- Significant association of elevated concentration of plasma YKL-40 with disease severity in patients with pelvic inflammatory diseaseShu Hsin Lee
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Lab Anal 26:136-42. 2012..To date, no study reports the implication of YKL-40 in pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). Therefore, we investigate the levels of plasma YKL-40 in patients with PID and further associate its expression with the severity of disease...
- Variations of CHI3L1, levels of the encoded glycoprotein YKL-40 and prediction of fatal and non-fatal ischemic strokeCamilla Noelle Rathcke
Deptartment of Internal Medicine, Center of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Copenhagen University Hospital Herlev, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 7:e43498. 2012Polymorphisms of CHI3L1 are associated with inter-individual YKL-40 levels and YKL-40 is associated with an increased mortality and is elevated in patients with cardiovascular disease...
- High YKL-40 serum concentration is correlated with prognosis of Chinese patients with breast cancerDong Wang
Department of General Surgery, the Fourth Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
PLoS ONE 7:e51127. 2012..We propose that the potential utility of YKL-40 intratumoral staining or serum concentration as a biomarker for breast cancer is greatest within 5 years of diagnosis...
- Serum YKL-40 levels correlate with infarct volume, stroke severity, and functional outcome in acute ischemic stroke patientsHyun Young Park
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Korea
PLoS ONE 7:e51722. 2012..We aimed to identify the temporal changes and clinical usefulness of measuring serum YKL-40 immediately following AIS...
- YKL-40 expression could be a poor prognostic marker in the breast cancer tissueEun Joo Kang
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University, Guro Hospital 97 Gurodong gil, Guro Ku, Seoul, Korea
Tumour Biol 35:277-86. 2014....
- Genetic variants in CHI3L1 influencing YKL-40 levels: resequencing 900 individuals and genotyping 9000 individuals from the general populationAlisa D Kjaergaard
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Herlev Hospital, Copenhagen University Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Herlev, Denmark
J Med Genet 50:831-7. 2013..Therefore, we aimed at identifying genetic variants in CHI3L1 influencing plasma YKL-40 levels in the general population.
- Serum YKL-40 level is associated with the chemotherapy response and prognosis of patients with small cell lung cancerChun hua Xu
First Department of Respiratory Medicine and Nanjing Chest Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China Clinical Center of Nanjing Respiratory Diseases, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
PLoS ONE 9:e96384. 2014..016 and p = 0.041, respectively). These results suggest that YKL-40 is a potential prognostic marker of chemotherapy response in SCLC. ..
- Etanercept exerts beneficial effects on articular cartilage biomarkers of degradation and turnover in patients with ankylosing spondylitisWalter P Maksymowych
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2S2, Canada
J Rheumatol 32:1911-7. 2005..The low sensitivity to change over time of plain radiographic instruments mandates a search for the effects of these therapies on possible biomarkers of cartilage damage...
- TFE3 and TFEB in CD40L Dependent Murine Autoimmunity and Human LupusCHRISTOPHER AJ ROMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): CD40L (CD154;gp39) is a critical effector molecule of activated T cells, necessary for production of isotype switched and affinity matured antibodies by B cells, and macrophage and dendritic cell ..
- BRP-39/YKL-40 in Th2 Inflammation and AsthmaJack A Elias; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal will investigate the processes that regulate the production of this molecule and define the receptor, signaling pathways and mechanisms that it uses to regulate cell death. ..
- METABOLISM OF THE TRABECULAR MESHWORKDavid L Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2011..of HTM cells is characterized by high levels of expression of the gene encoding for chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1), a protein known to inhibit the production of proinflammatory cytokines...
- Role of CHI3L1 in accelerating breast cancer metastasisVIJAYA L IRAGAVARAPU-CHARYULU; Fiscal Year: 2013..High levels of CHI3L1 are found in asthma and breast cancer with even higher levels when these diseases are present together...
- Role of Mammalian Chitinases in Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseEmiko Mizoguchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have recently identified a novel, intestinal inflammation-associated inducible molecule Chitinase 3-like-1 (CHI3L1) that is produced by colonic epithelial cells (CECs) and lamina propria cells...
- Positive and Negative Regulatory Pathways In Human LymphomaRichard Ford; Fiscal Year: 2007..Signalosome appears to be initiated through autochthonous production and cognate ligand binding of CD154 (CD40L, gp39) to the CD40 receptor on the lymphoma cell surface...
- Protein folding by the universally conserved GroEL (Hsp60) chaperone machine andCosta Georgopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using this basic life or death genetic system, we have identified Gp39.2, a GroEL chaperone regulator also encoded by the T4-like phages. However, in contrast to Gp31, Gp39...
- ANTIRAT CD40L EFFECTS ON ISLET ALLOGRAFT SURVIVALKaren Kover; Fiscal Year: 1999..The monoclonal antibody, anti-CD40L (gp39), is of interest because it has shown to be effective in controlling auto-immune disease as well as well as ..
- AUTOIMMUNE T-CELL MECHANISMS IN INTERSTITIAL NEPHRITISCarolyn Kelly; Fiscal Year: 1999..The second receptor-ligand couple they will study is that of CD40 and the CD40L (gp39). The CD40L is expressed on the T cell surface only transiently following activation...
- SELF-TOLERANCE DEFECTS IN DRUG-INDUCED AUTOIMMUNITYRobert Rubin; Fiscal Year: 1999..The T cell dependency of the autoantibody response will be tested by introducing anti-CD4 and anti-gp39 antibodies in vivo, which are known to interfere with immune responses mediated by T-helper cells...
- ASSEMBLY/REGULATION OF CD40 RECEPTOR COMPLEX IN B CELLSRandolph Noelle; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the Investigator's abstract): Interactions of CD40 and its ligand (CD154, CD40L, gp39) control the development of humoral and cell-mediated immune responses...
- HUMAN CARTILAGE GP39 IN HLA-DR4 TRANSGENIC MURINE MODELThomas Forsthuber; Fiscal Year: 2003..This essential information cannot be obtained by testing conventional mouse strains, nor through human studies, but it can readily be obtained through the use of humanized mice as proposed in this study. ..
- T CELL COST IMMULATION ON MURINE LUPUSDAVID DAIKH; Fiscal Year: 2001..T cell costimulation can also be provided by interactions between CD4O and its cognate ligand gp39, but the role of these molecules in autoimmunity is also unknown...
- Regulatory Role of TNFR1 in Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseEmiko Mizoguchi; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim II, we will examine the role of Chitinase 3-like-1 (CHI3L1) that may negatively regulate the TNFR1 signalings during the acute and following recovery phase of colitis...
- CONTROL OF B CELL TERMINAL DIFFERENTIATION--ROLE OF CD40Troy Randall; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will first examine how CD40/gp39 interactions influence B cell differentiations in a previously established in vitro co-culture system and then ..
- Innate and adaptive Treg in Immune tolerization of RASalvatore Albani; Fiscal Year: 2005..properties of "innate" and "adaptive" Treg on T cell responses to recall antigens as well as to antigens (gp39, dnaJP1 and p205) putatively involved in the pathogenic process...
- BIOLOGY OF IL-16 IN IL-1680 AND IL-1614 TRANSGENIC MICEGeoffrey Chupp; Fiscal Year: 2003..These finding swill have impressive implications via-a-vis our knowledge of the biology of IL-16 and mechanisms of airway inflammation and healing in asthma. ..
- Human Lung gamma/delta T cells, Antigens and FunctionsADAM WISNEWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these experiments should provide important insights into the role of airway mucosal gamma/delta T cells in maintaining human pulmonary immune homeostasis. ..
- Isocyanate Antigens and T-cells that Cause AsthmaADAM WISNEWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..Together the results should provide significant insights into the pathogenesis of diisocyanate asthma. ..
- Macrophage Protein Fingerprints in HIV-1 DementiaPawel Ciborowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of this aim is to uncover biomarkers specific for HAD and to see if they are based on products of immune competent virus-infected MDM as demonstrated in aim 1. ..
- Immunity to versican and ankylosing spondylitisYiping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..We also intend to identify the role of HLA-B27 in the pathogenesis of the VGI/model using human HLA-B*2705 transgenic animals. ..
- New Serodiagnostics for Isocyanate Exposure, A Major Cause of Occupational AsthmaADAM WISNEWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETICS OF AUTOIMMUNITYBRIAN KOTZIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Taken together, the investigator suggests that the results of the studies proposed in this application will provide new insight into the genes that allow for autoimmune disease in SLE and the intermediate phenotypes that they control. ..
- Genetic Factors Controlling Effector Function of TGF-beta in COPD and FibrosisChun Geun Lee; Fiscal Year: 2011..AIM #4. Define the genes that determine whether TGF-b1 induceds a predominantly fibrotic versus emphysematous response in C57BL/6 and Balb/c mice. ..