Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CH25H
Description: cholesterol 25-hydroxylase
Alias: C25H, cholesterol 25-hydroxylase, cholesterol 25-monooxygenase, h25OH
- EBI2 Is Highly Expressed in Multiple Sclerosis Lesions and Promotes Early CNS Migration of Encephalitogenic CD4 T CellsFlorian Wanke
Institute for Molecular Medicine, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Cell Rep 18:1270-1284. 2017..EBI2 and its ligand, 7α,25-OHC, direct immune cell localization in secondary lymphoid organs. CH25H and CYP7B1 hydroxylate cholesterol to 7α,25-OHC...
- Transcriptional regulation and functional characterization of the oxysterol/EBI2 system in primary human macrophagesInga Preuss
Developmental and Molecular Pathways, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 446:663-8. 2014..human macrophages express EBI2 and the enzymes needed for ligand production such as cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H), sterol 27-hydroxylase (CYP27A1), and oxysterol 7α-hydroxylase (CYP7B1)...
- 25-Hydroxycholesterol acts as an amplifier of inflammatory signalingElizabeth S Gold
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98109 and
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:10666-71. 2014..Surprisingly, we found that deletion of Ch25h, the gene encoding the enzyme responsible for 25HC production, is protective in a mouse model of influenza ..
- Inflammation. 25-Hydroxycholesterol suppresses interleukin-1-driven inflammation downstream of type I interferonAndrea Reboldi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Science 345:679-84. 2014..Here, we report that activated mouse macrophages lacking the IFN-stimulated gene cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (Ch25h) and that are unable to produce the oxysterol 25-hydroxycholesterol (25-HC) overproduce inflammatory interleukin-1 ..
- Oxysterols regulate encephalitogenic CD4(+) T cell trafficking during central nervous system autoimmunityF Chalmin
Division of Neurology, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Geneva University Hospitals, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland Department of Pathology and Immunology, University of Geneva, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Autoimmun 56:45-55. 2015..The enzyme cholesterol 25 hydroxylase (Ch25h) is the rate limiting step to synthesize the oxysterol 7α,25-dihydroxycholesterol (7α,25-OHC) ..
- Interferon-inducible cholesterol-25-hydroxylase inhibits hepatitis C virus replication via distinct mechanismsYongzhi Chen
1 CAS Key Laboratory of Infection and Immunity, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 2 University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Sci Rep 4:7242. 2014Cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H) as an interferon-stimulated gene (ISG) has recently been shown to exert broad antiviral activity through the production of 25-hydroxycholesterol (25HC), which is believed to inhibit the virus-cell ..
- Rapid proteasomal elimination of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase by interferon-γ in primary macrophages requires endogenous 25-hydroxycholesterol synthesisHongjin Lu
Division of Infection and Pathway Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, United Kingdom
Steroids 99:219-29. 2015..the synthesis of 25-Hydroxycholesterol (25-HC) from cholesterol by the IFN-inducible Cholesterol-25-Hydroxylase (CH25H)...
- Identification of Cholesterol 25-Hydroxylase as a Novel Host Restriction Factor and a Part of the Primary Innate Immune Responses against Hepatitis C Virus InfectionYu Xiang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Virology and Immunology, Institut Pasteur of Shanghai, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
J Virol 89:6805-16. 2015..In this study, we showed that 25HC and its synthesizing enzyme cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H) efficiently inhibit HCV infection at a postentry stage...
- Interferon-inducible cholesterol-25-hydroxylase restricts hepatitis C virus replication through blockage of membranous web formation- Anggakusuma
Institute of Experimental Virology, TWINCORE Centre for Experimental and Clinical Infection Research, Hannover, Germany
Hepatology 62:702-14. 2015..Recent studies have reported that cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H) is expressed as an interferon-stimulated gene and mediates antiviral activities against different enveloped ..
- Differential Expression Profile of Chicken Embryo Fibroblast DF-1 Cells Infected with Cell-Adapted Infectious Bursal Disease VirusRaymond K Hui
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 10:e0111771. 2015..Over-expression of LIPA and CH25H, together with the suppression of STARD4, LSS and AACS genes implied a modulation of membrane fluidity and lipid ..
- OsHV-1 countermeasures to the Pacific oyster's anti-viral responseTimothy J Green
Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, NSW, 2109, Australia Sydney Institute of Marine Science, Chowder Bay Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088, Australia Electronic address
Fish Shellfish Immunol 47:435-43. 2015..gigas inhibitors of apoptosis (IAPs) and an interferon-stimulated gene (termed CH25H). The first objective of this study was to simultaneously investigate the expression of C...
- Five-aza-2'-deoxycytidine-induced hypomethylation of cholesterol 25-hydroxylase gene is responsible for cell death of myelodysplasia/leukemia cellsTakayuki Tsujioka
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama 701 0192, Japan
Sci Rep 5:16709. 2015..Hence, we performed a genome-wide DNA methylation assay and focused on cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H) among the genes whose expression was up-regulated and whose promoter region was hypomethylated after decitabine (..
- RORα and 25-Hydroxycholesterol Crosstalk Regulates Lipid Droplet Homeostasis in MacrophagesZewen Kelvin Tuong
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane QLD 4072, Australia
PLoS ONE 11:e0147179. 2016..previously shown that BMMs from sg/sg mice have significantly decreased expression of cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (Ch25h) mRNA, the enzyme that produces the oxysterol, 25-hydroxycholesterol (25HC), and now confirm this at the protein ..
- Analysis of CH25H in multiple sclerosis and neuromyelitis opticaAmanda L Forwell
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Neuroimmunol 291:70-2. 2016Oxysterols produced by CH25H during cholesterol metabolism have been shown to play an important role in the immune response...
- The Role of the Oxysterol/EBI2 Pathway in the Immune and Central Nervous SystemsAleksandra Rutkowska
School of Medicine, Dept of Physiology, Trinity College Dublin, 152 160 Pearse Street, Ireland
Curr Drug Targets . 2016..We also discuss expression and signalling of oxysterol-producing enzymes such as CH25H and CYP7B1 in the CNS and the immune system...
- Thiazolides Elicit Anti-Viral Innate Immunity and Reduce HIV ReplicationDaria Trabattoni
Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences L Sacco, University of Milano, Italy
Sci Rep 6:27148. 2016..genes (ISGs), including those involved in cholesterol pathway, particularly the cholesterol-25 hydroxylase (CH25H)...
- 25-hydroxycholesterol contributes to cerebral inflammation of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy through activation of the NLRP3 inflammasomeJiho Jang
Department of Physiology and Brain Korea 21 PLUS Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 03722, Korea
Nat Commun 7:13129. 2016..Here, we identify the aberrant production of cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H) and 25-hydroxycholesterol (25-HC) in the cellular context of CCALD based on the analysis of ALD patient-derived ..
- Endogenous Retrovirus ev21 Dose Not Recombine with ALV-J and Induces the Expression of ISGs in the HostMin Feng
Department of Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction, College of Animal Science, South China Agricultural UniversityGuangzhou, China Guangdong Provincial Key Lab of Agro Animal Genomics and Molecular Breeding and Key Lab of Chicken Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction, Ministry of AgricultureGuangzhou, China
Front Cell Infect Microbiol 6:140. 2016..the expression of PKR at 6h post ALV-J infection (hpi) and facilitate the expression of ISG12 and CH25H at 24 hpi. However, the expression of the env gene of M180 strain was not significantly at 6 and 24 hpi...
- Macrophage migration inhibitory factor activates inflammatory responses of astrocytes through interaction with CD74 receptorYu Su
Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Ministry of Education and Jiangsu Province, Co innovation Center of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong 226001, PR China
Oncotarget 8:2719-2730. 2017..Transcriptome analysis revealed that inflammation-related factors cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (Ch25h) and phospholipase A2-IIA (Pla2g2a), downstream of MIF/CD74 axis, were potentially implicated in the mediating ..
- 25-Hydroxycholesterol Inhibition of Lassa Virus Infection through Aberrant GP1 GlycosylationPunya Shrivastava-Ranjan
Viral Special Pathogens Branch, Division of High Consequence Pathogens and Pathology, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
MBio 7:. 2016..The interferon-stimulated gene cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H) encodes an enzyme that catalyzes the production of 25-hydroxycholesterol (25HC)...
- The transcription factor STAT-1 couples macrophage synthesis of 25-hydroxycholesterol to the interferon antiviral responseMathieu Blanc
Division of Pathway Medicine and Edinburgh Infectious Diseases, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
Immunity 38:106-18. 2013..analyses, genetic interventions and chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments that Stat1 directly coupled Ch25h regulation to IFN in macrophages...
- Feeding probiotic Lactobacillus paracasei to Ossabaw pigs on a high-fat diet prevents cholesteryl-ester accumulation and LPS modulation of the Liver X receptor and inflammatory axis in alveolar macrophagesSteven E Trasino
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center, Diet, Genomics, and Immunology Laboratory, 10300 Baltimore Avenue, BARC East, Bldg 307C, Rm 225, Beltsville, MD 20705
J Nutr Biochem 24:1931-9. 2013..LPS stimulation of AM opposed LXR agonist-mediated transcription of cholesterol metabolism related genes: ABCA1, CH25H and PPARγ in pigs on the C diet, and LXRα, ABCA1, ABCG1, CH25H and PPARγ in pigs on the HF diet...
- On the role of 25-hydroxycholesterol synthesis by glioblastoma cell lines. Implications for chemotactic monocyte recruitmentGerald Eibinger
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Medical University of Graz, Harrachgasse 21, Graz 8010, Austria
Exp Cell Res 319:1828-38. 2013..Here, we investigated expression and transcriptional regulation of cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H) in human U87MG and GM133 glioblastoma cell lines...
- 25-hydroxycholesterol promotes fibroblast-mediated tissue remodeling through NF-κB dependent pathwayTomohiro Ichikawa
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, School of Medicine, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
Exp Cell Res 319:1176-86. 2013..25-hydroxycholesterol (25-HC) is enzymatically produced by cholesterol 25-hydorxylase (CH25H) in macrophages and is reported to be involved in the formation of arteriosclerosis...
- Interferon-inducible cholesterol-25-hydroxylase broadly inhibits viral entry by production of 25-hydroxycholesterolSu Yang Liu
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Immunity 38:92-105. 2013..We identified cholesterol-25-hydroxylase (CH25H) as a broadly antiviral ISG...
- Ultrastructural studies of lethal c25H/C25H mouse embryosM D Nadijcka
J Embryol Exp Morphol 52:1-11. 1979Mouse embryos which are homozygous for the c25H deletion at the albino locus are developmentally arrested at the 2- to 6-cell cleavage stages...
- Oxysterol gradient generation by lymphoid stromal cells guides activated B cell movement during humoral responsesTangsheng Yi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Immunity 37:535-48. 2012..7α,25-OHC is synthesized from cholesterol by the stepwise actions of two enzymes, CH25H and CYP7B1, and is metabolized to a 3-oxo derivative by HSD3B7...
- Disruption of Rorα1 and cholesterol 25-hydroxylase expression attenuates phagocytosis in male Rorαsg/sg miceZewen K Tuong
The University of Queensland, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Endocrinology 154:140-9. 2013..Notably, we identified decreased expression of the mRNA encoding cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (Ch25h), an enzyme that converts cholesterol to 25-hydroxycholesterol (25HC), an oxysterol with emerging roles in ..
- Identification of TFG (TRK-fused gene) as a putative metastatic melanoma tumor suppressor geneKen Dutton-Regester
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Oncogenomics Laboratory, Brisbane QLD 4006, Australia
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:452-61. 2012..Because of their likely functional significance for melanoma progression, FAS, CH25H, BMPR1A, ACTA2, and TFG were investigated in a larger cohort of melanomas through sequencing...
- Assignment of genes to regions of mouse chromosomesE M Eicher
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 75:946-50. 1978..and Giemsa banding analysis of the T(X;7)1Ct and T(7;19)145H translocations together with information from the c25H deletion have permitted mouse chromosome 7 to be divided into six and chromosome 19 into two definable genetic ..
- Association study of candidate gene polymorphisms with amnestic mild cognitive impairment in a Chinese populationXiaoyan Liu
School of Clinical Medicine, Southeast University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e41198. 2012..G and TOMM40 rs2075650 G), to the cholesterol metabolism hypothesis (ApoE rs429358 C, LDLR rs11668477 G and CH25H rs7091822 T and PLAU rs2227564 CT) and to the tau hypothesis (MAPT/STH rs242562 GG) in aMCI were significantly ..
- Marked upregulation of cholesterol 25-hydroxylase expression by lipopolysaccharideUlf Diczfalusy
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
J Lipid Res 50:2258-64. 2009..treatment of bone marrow-derived mouse macrophages, it was unexpectedly found that cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (Ch25h) was strongly upregulated...
- cDNA cloning of mouse and human cholesterol 25-hydroxylases, polytopic membrane proteins that synthesize a potent oxysterol regulator of lipid metabolismE G Lund
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 273:34316-27. 1998....
- Association analysis of genes involved in cholesterol metabolism located within the linkage region on chromosome 10 and Alzheimer's diseaseM Riemenschneider
Department of Psychiatry, Neurochemistry and Neurogenetics Laboratory, TU München Ismaningerstr 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Neurobiol Aging 25:1305-8. 2004..of genes located on chromosome 10 involved in cholesterol metabolism, like Lipase A (LIPA), Cholesterol 25 hydroxylase (CH25H), and FLJ22476, a high density lipoprotein binding related protein...
- ToF-SIMS characterization of thermal modifications of bixin from Bixa orellana fruitCarla Bittencourt
Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Spectroscopie Electronique, Falcultés Universitaires Notre Dame de la Paix, 61 rue de Bruxelles, B 5000 Namur, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 53:6195-200. 2005..The intensity of the peak at m/z 396, assigned to the bixin molecular ion plus two hydrogen atoms (C25H(32)O(4+), decreased as the extract was heated and nearly disappeared with heating above 150 degrees C...
- Association studies of cholesterol metabolism genes (CH25H, ABCA1 and CH24H) in Alzheimer's diseaseNobuto Shibata
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, Tanz Neuroscience Building, University of Toronto, 6 Queen s Park Crescent West, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5S 3H2
Neurosci Lett 391:142-6. 2006..genes as candidates for AD risk factors: ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 (ABCA1), cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H) and cholesterol 24-hydroxylase (CH24H)...
- Regulation of cholesterol 25-hydroxylase expression by vitamin D3 metabolites in human prostate stromal cellsJing Huan Wang
Department of Anatomy, Medical School, 33014 University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345:720-5. 2006..Cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H) is an enzyme converting cholesterol into 25-hydroxycholesterol...
- Cholesterol 25-hydroxylase on chromosome 10q is a susceptibility gene for sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseAndreas Papassotiropoulos
Division of Psychiatry Research, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Neurodegener Dis 2:233-41. 2005..We observed high expression of the cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H) gene in specifically vulnerable brain regions of AD patients...
- Convergence of genes implicated in Alzheimer's disease on the cerebral cholesterol shuttle: APP, cholesterol, lipoproteins, and atherosclerosisC J Carter
Neurochem Int 50:12-38. 2007..ABCA2, lipoprotein receptors LDLR, LRP1, LRP8 and VLDLR, and the cholesterol metabolising enzymes CYP46A1 and CH25H, whose oxysterol products activate the liver X receptor NR1H2 and are metabolised to esters by SOAT1...
- Association studies of 23 positional/functional candidate genes on chromosome 10 in late-onset Alzheimer's diseaseA R Morgan
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:762-70. 2007..DKK1, ZWINT, ANK3, UBE2D1, CDC2, SIRT1, JDP1, NET7, SUPV3L1, NEN3, SAR1, SGPL1, SEC24C, CAMK2G, PP3CB, SNCG, CH25H, PLCE1, ANXV111) in the MRC genetic resource for LOAD...
- Assessment of Alzheimer's disease case-control associations using family-based methodsBrit Maren M Schjeide
MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease MIND, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Neurogenetics 10:19-25. 2009..In this study, we tested 27 genes (ACE, BDNF, CH25H, CHRNB2, CST3, CTSD, DAPK1, GALP, hCG2039140, IL1B, LMNA, LOC439999, LOC651924, MAPT, MTHFR, MYH13, PCK1, PGBD1, ..
- Systematic analysis of candidate genes for Alzheimer's disease in a French, genome-wide association studyGeoffroy Laumet
INSERM U744, Lille, France
J Alzheimers Dis 20:1181-8. 2010..Ten genes/loci (TFAM, SORL1, CHRNB2, SORCS1, DAPK1, MTHFR, GWA 14q32.13, BDNF, NEDD9, and CH25H) showed weak nominal association with AD risk, in line with previous studies...
- Association of genome-wide variation with the risk of incident heart failure in adults of European and African ancestry: a prospective meta-analysis from the cohorts for heart and aging research in genomic epidemiology (CHARGE) consortiumNicholas L Smith
Cardiovascular Health Study Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:256-66. 2010....
- Capillary cerebral amyloid angiopathy identifies a distinct APOE epsilon4-associated subtype of sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseDietmar Rudolf Thal
Institute of Pathology, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11, Ulm, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 120:169-83. 2010....
- Cholesterol-related genes in Alzheimer's diseaseM Axel Wollmer
Psychiatric University Clinics, University of Basel, 4025 Basel, Switzerland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1801:762-73. 2010..Among 34 cholesterol-related genes for which association with AD has been described APOE, CH25H, CLU, LDLR, SORL1 outstand with positive meta-analyses...
- Cholesterol 25-hydroxylase production by dendritic cells and macrophages is regulated by type I interferonsKiwon Park
The W Harry Feinstone Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Leukoc Biol 88:1081-7. 2010The oxysterol-producing enzyme CH25H plays an important role in regulating lipid metabolism, gene expression, and immune activation...
- Identification of genomic predictors of atrioventricular conduction: using electronic medical records as a tool for genome scienceJoshua C Denny
Office of Personalized Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0575, USA
Circulation 122:2016-21. 2010..The extent to which this can be demonstrated in cohorts derived from electronic medical records is unknown...
- Listeria monocytogenes infection induces prosurvival metabolic signaling in macrophagesTie Zou
Program in Gene Function and Expression and Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Infect Immun 79:1526-35. 2011..25-Hydroxycholesterol is a natural ligand of LXRs that is produced by the enzyme cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H). We found that expression of Ch25h is upregulated following L...
- Oxysterols direct immune cell migration via EBI2Sébastien Hannedouche
Euroscreen s a, 6041 Gosselies, Belgium
Nature 475:524-7. 2011..A critical enzyme required for the generation of 7α,25-OHC is cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H)...
- Migrating Schistosoma japonicum schistosomula induce an innate immune response and wound healing in the murine lungMelissa L Burke
Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Brisbane 4006, Australia
Mol Immunol 49:191-200. 2011..response is associated with significant up-regulation of several genes with immunoregulatory function including Ch25h, Hmox1 and Retnla which may act to control the nature or magnitude of the inflammatory response to the migrating ..