Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CENPU
Description: centromere protein U
Alias: CENP50, CENPU50, KLIP1, MLF1IP, PBIP1, centromere protein U, KSHV latent nuclear antigen interacting protein 1, MLF1 interacting protein, centromere protein of 50 kDa, interphase centromere complex protein 24, polo-box-interacting protein 1
- cDNA cloning and characterization of a novel gene encoding the MLF1-interacting protein MLF1IPSilva H Hanissian
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 847 Monroe, Room 427, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Oncogene 23:3700-7. 2004..We identified a novel protein, MLF1-interacting protein (MLF1IP), that specifically associates with MLF1 by yeast two-hybrid analysis and in pulldown assays, and colocalizes with ..
- The constitutive centromere component CENP-50 is required for recovery from spindle damageYukinori Minoshima
National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:10315-28. 2005..We also observed severe mitotic defects in CENP-50-deficient cells with apparent premature sister chromatid separation when the mitotic checkpoint was activated, indicating that CENP-50 is required for recovery from spindle damage...
- The human CENP-A centromeric nucleosome-associated complexDaniel R Foltz
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0670, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:458-69. 2006..The CENP-A NAC is essential, as disruption of the complex causes errors of chromosome alignment and segregation that preclude cell survival despite continued centromere-derived mitotic checkpoint signalling...
- The CENP-H-I complex is required for the efficient incorporation of newly synthesized CENP-A into centromeresMasahiro Okada
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 8:446-57. 2006....
- Comprehensive analysis of the ICEN (Interphase Centromere Complex) components enriched in the CENP-A chromatin of human cellsHiroshi Izuta
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Genes Cells 11:673-84. 2006..These results suggest that the seven components of the ICEN complex are predominantly localized at the centromeres and are required for kinetochore function perhaps through or not through loading of CENP-H and hMis6 onto the centromere...
- Self-regulated Plk1 recruitment to kinetochores by the Plk1-PBIP1 interaction is critical for proper chromosome segregationYoung H Kang
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell 24:409-22. 2006..Here, we demonstrate that a PBD-binding protein, PBIP1, is crucial for recruiting Plk1 to the interphase and mitotic kinetochores...
- Mammalian polo-like kinase 1-dependent regulation of the PBIP1-CENP-Q complex at kinetochoresYoung H Kang
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, NCI National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4258, USA
J Biol Chem 286:19744-57. 2011..Plk1 recruits itself to centromeres by phosphorylating and binding to a centromere scaffold, PBIP1 (also called MLF1IP and CENP-U) through its PBD...
- MLF1-interacting protein is mainly localized in nucleolus through N-terminal bipartite nuclear localization signalHideaki Suzuki
Department of General Medicine, Institute of DNA Medicine, The Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8 Nishi shinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Anticancer Res 27:1423-30. 2007..To investigate the functions of MLF1IP, its subnuclear localization was studied.
- CENP-U cooperates with Hec1 to orchestrate kinetochore-microtubule attachmentShasha Hua
Anhui Laboratory of Cellular Dynamics and Chemical Biology, Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Nanoscale, Hefei 230027, China
J Biol Chem 286:1627-38. 2011..Taken together, our results indicate that CENP-U is a novel microtubule binding protein and plays an important role in kinetochore-microtubule attachment through its interaction with Hec1...
- SUMO-targeted ubiquitin E3 ligase RNF4 is required for the response of human cells to DNA damageYili Yin
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, Dundee, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 26:1196-208. 2012..Thus, RNF4 is a novel DNA damage-responsive protein that plays a role in homologous recombination and integrates SUMO modification and ubiquitin signaling in the cellular response to genotoxic stress...
- Constitutive centromere-associated network controls centromere drift in vertebrate cellsTetsuya Hori
Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Cell Biol 216:101-113. 2017....
- The CENP-O complex requirement varies among different cell typesNaoko Kagawa
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka, 411 8540, Japan
Chromosome Res 22:293-303. 2014..Thus, although both DT40 and ES cells with CENP-U deficiency have similar mitotic defects, cellular responses to mitotic defects vary among different cell types. ..
- A cooperative mechanism drives budding yeast kinetochore assembly downstream of CENP-APeter Hornung
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna Biocenter, 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Biol 206:509-24. 2014..This two-step mechanism may protect against inappropriate kinetochore assembly similar to rate-limiting nucleation steps used by cytoskeletal polymers. ..
- Chromosome congression is promoted by CENP-Q- and CENP-E-dependent pathwaysJames Bancroft
Mechanochemical Cell Biology Building, Division of Biomedical Cell Biology, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
J Cell Sci 128:171-84. 2015..Taken together, our data provide evidence that phosphoregulation of CENP-Q plays a central function in coordinating chromosome congression mechanisms...
- MLF1 interacting protein: a potential gene therapy target for human prostate cancer?Lei Zhang
Department of Epidemiology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, 710032, Shaanxi, China
Med Oncol 32:454. 2015..associated with human prostate carcinoma cells-myelodysplasia/myeloid leukemia factor 1 interacting protein (MLF1IP)-in order to better ascertain its role in human prostate carcinogenesis...
- Mammalian Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) promotes proper chromosome segregation by phosphorylating and delocalizing the PBIP1·CENP-Q complex from kinetochoresChi Hoon Park
From the Laboratory of Metabolism, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4258
J Biol Chem 290:8569-81. 2015..prekinetochores/kinetochores by phosphorylating and binding to the Thr-78 motif of a kinetochore scaffold protein, PBIP1 (also called CENP-U/50), which forms a stable complex with another kinetochore component, CENP-Q...
- Exposure to fluorescent light triggers down regulation of genes involved with mitotic progression in Xiphophorus skinRonald B Walter
Molecular Bioscience Research Group and Xiphophorus Genetic Stock Center, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX 78666, United States Electronic address
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 178:93-103. 2015..g., cenpe, cenpf, cenpi, cenpk, cenpo, cenpp, and cenpu; cep70; knstrm, kntc, mcm2, mcm5; smc2). In addition, several DNA replication and recombination repair genes (e.g...
- Selective blockade of cancer cell proliferation and anchorage-independent growth by Plk1 activity-dependent suicidal inhibition of its polo-box domainJung Eun Park
a Laboratory of Metabolism National Cancer Institute National Institutes of Health Bethesda, MD USA
Cell Cycle 14:3624-34. 2015..Here, we used an intracellularly expressed 29-mer-long PBIP1-derived peptide (i.e...
- Chromosome misalignments induce spindle-positioning defectsMihoko A Tame
Department of Cell Biology and Cancer Genomics Center, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
EMBO Rep 17:317-25. 2016..Preventing the KT recruitment of Plk1 by the depletion of PBIP1 rescues cortical LGN enrichment near misaligned chromosomes and re-establishes proper spindle orientation...
- Specificity of the SUV4-20H1 and SUV4-20H2 protein lysine methyltransferases and methylation of novel substratesSara Weirich
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University Stuttgart, Pfaffenwaldring 55, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
J Mol Biol 428:2344-58. 2016..1) and SUV4-20H2 (K1423 of Zinc finger protein castor homolog 1, K215 of Protein Mis18-beta and K308 of Centromere protein U)...
- MLF1IP is correlated with progression and prognosis in luminal breast cancerDu Ping Huang
Cancer Center, TCM integrated Hospital of Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PR China Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 477:923-6. 2016Myeloid leukemia factor 1-interacting protein (MLF1IP) has been found to be involved in the progression of several malignancies...
- Mapping Complex Traits in a Diversity Outbred F1 Mouse Population Identifies Germline Modifiers of Metastasis in Human Prostate CancerJean M Winter
Genetics and Molecular Biology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cell Syst 4:31-45.e6. 2017..42); further analysis identified the genes Rwdd4, Cenpu, and Casp3 as functional effectors of this locus...
- A genome-wide association study identifies three new risk loci for Kawasaki diseaseYoshihiro Onouchi
Laboratory for Cardiovascular Diseases, Center for Genomic Medicine, RIKEN, Yokohama, Japan
Nat Genet 44:517-21. 2012..6 × 10(-6)) identified in a recently reported GWAS of Kawasaki disease. Our findings provide new insights into the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of Kawasaki disease...
- Step-wise assembly, maturation and dynamic behavior of the human CENP-P/O/R/Q/U kinetochore sub-complexAnja Eskat
Molecular Biology, FLI, Jena, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e44717. 2012....
- Subcellular localization of full-length human myeloid leukemia factor 1 (MLF1) is independent of 14-3-3 proteinsManuela Molzan
Chemical Genomics Centre of the Max Planck Society, Otto Hahn Strasse 15, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
Cell Mol Biol Lett 18:137-48. 2013..function of MLF1 is limited and mostly derived from studies identifying MLF1 interaction partners like CSN3, MLF1IP, MADM, Manp and the 14-3-3 proteins...
- Structural and functional analyses of minimal phosphopeptides targeting the polo-box domain of polo-like kinase 1Sang Moon Yun
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 16:876-82. 2009..The mode of interaction between the minimal peptide and PBD may provide a template for designing therapeutic agents that target PLK1...
- Grabbing Plk1 by the PBDWei Dai
Department of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, Tuxedo, New York 10987, USA
Mol Cell 24:489-90. 2006A new centromeric protein termed PBIP1 was identified that recruits Plk1 to the kinetochores...
- Regulation of myeloid leukemia factor-1 interacting protein (MLF1IP) expression in glioblastomaSilva H Hanissian
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 847 Monroe, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Brain Res 1047:56-64. 2005The myelodysplasia/myeloid leukemia factor 1-interacting protein MLF1IP is a novel gene which encodes for a putative transcriptional repressor. It is localized to human chromosome 4q35...
- Identification of novel and known oocyte-specific genes using complementary DNA subtraction and microarray analysis in three different speciesMaud Vallée
Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Departement des Sciences Animales, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Biol Reprod 73:63-71. 2005..and ZP, known genes with unknown function in the oocyte were identified, such as a MLF1-interacting protein (MLF1IP), B-cell translocation gene 4 (BTG4), and phosphotyrosine-binding protein (xPTB)...
- The ABCs of CENPsMarinela Perpelescu
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Chromosoma 120:425-46. 2011..This review presents discussion of the latest structural and functional data on CENP-A and CENPs from the CCAN as well as their interaction with the KMN network...
- Feed-forward mechanism of converting biochemical cooperativity to mitotic processes at the kinetochore plateJung Eun Park
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8200-5. 2011..a pair of ELISA, here we demonstrated that mutations of the self-priming site of a kinetochore component, PBIP1/MLF1IP/KLIP1/CENP-50/CENP-U (PBIP1), to a Cdk1-dependent non-self-priming site abolished product-activated cooperativity ..
- Double-strand DNA breaks recruit the centromeric histone CENP-ASamantha G Zeitlin
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15762-7. 2009..Finally, since cell survival after radiation-induced DNA damage correlates with CENP-A expression level, we propose that CENP-A may have a function in DNA repair...
- Acceptor-photobleaching FRET analysis of core kinetochore and NAC proteins in living human cellsD Hellwig
Department of Molecular Biology, Leibniz Institute for Age Research, Fritz Lipmann Institute, Jena, Germany
Eur Biophys J 38:781-91. 2009..The data indicate that CENP-U is in close vicinity to CENP-I as well as to CENP-B and that CENP-M is close to CENP-T...
- Self-regulated mechanism of Plk1 localization to kinetochores: lessons from the Plk1-PBIP1 interactionKyung S Lee
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cell Div 3:4. 2008..the centromeres shows that Plk1 self-regulates its initial recruitment by phosphorylating a centromeric component PBIP1 and generating its own PBD-binding site...
- CENP-O class proteins form a stable complex and are required for proper kinetochore functionTetsuya Hori
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 19:843-54. 2008..This suggests that CENP-O class proteins are involved in the prevention of premature sister chromatid separation during recovery from spindle damage...
- Identification of a novel cellular transcriptional repressor interacting with the latent nuclear antigen of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirusHong Yi Pan
Tumor Virology Program, Children s Cancer Research Institute, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Virol 77:9758-68. 2003..A novel cellular protein KLIP1 was identified to interact with LNA through yeast two-hybrid screening, and confirmed by a glutathione S-..
- Reverse transcription slippage over the mRNA secondary structure of the LIP1 geneY J Zhang
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, USA
Biotechniques 31:1286, 1288, 1290, passim. 2001..Thisfinding draws attention to adopting optimized conditions for cDNA synthesis on G+C-rich RNA templates...
- ENHANCED DEVELOPMENT OF THE XIPHOPHORUS MODEL SYSTEMRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- TRANSPOSON ACTIVE TRANSGENIC XIPHOPHORUSRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- THE XIPHOPHORUS GENETIC STOCK CENTERRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Biochemical Basis of CENP-A Epigenetic InheritanceSAMANTHA ZEITLIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will also have direct implications for understanding cancer causation, and applications in gene therapy. ..