Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CENPO
Description: centromere protein O
Alias: CENP-O, ICEN-36, MCM21R, centromere protein O, centromeric protein O, interphase centromere complex protein 36
- Kinetochore-generated pushing forces separate centrosomes during bipolar spindle assemblyAlberto Toso
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 184:365-72. 2009..We previously found that depletion of the human kinetochore protein Mcm21R(CENP-O) results in monopolar spindles, raising the question as to whether kinetochores contribute to centrosome ..
- The CENP-H-I complex is required for the efficient incorporation of newly synthesized CENP-A into centromeresMasahiro Okada
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 8:446-57. 2006....
- Comprehensive analysis of the ICEN (Interphase Centromere Complex) components enriched in the CENP-A chromatin of human cellsHiroshi Izuta
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Genes Cells 11:673-84. 2006..These results suggest that the seven components of the ICEN complex are predominantly localized at the centromeres and are required for kinetochore function perhaps through or not through loading of CENP-H and hMis6 onto the centromere...
- The human kinetochore proteins Nnf1R and Mcm21R are required for accurate chromosome segregationAndrew D McAinsh
Department of Biology, MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA
EMBO J 25:4033-49. 2006..determine whether similar linker activities are present at human KTs, we have compared the functions of Nnf1R and Mcm21R, recently identified MIND and COMA subunits, and Nuf2R, a well-characterized NDC80 subunit...
- The CENP-A NAC/CAD kinetochore complex controls chromosome congression and spindle bipolaritySarah E McClelland
Chromosome Segregation Laboratory, Marie Curie Research Institute, The Chart, Oxted, Surrey, UK
EMBO J 26:5033-47. 2007..CENP-A NAC/CAD subunits can be assigned to one of two different functional classes; depletion of Class I proteins (Mcm21R(CENP-O) and Fta1R(CENP-L)) causes a failure in bipolar spindle assembly...
- The human CENP-A centromeric nucleosome-associated complexDaniel R Foltz
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0670, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:458-69. 2006..The CENP-A NAC is essential, as disruption of the complex causes errors of chromosome alignment and segregation that preclude cell survival despite continued centromere-derived mitotic checkpoint signalling...
- GWAS meta-analysis reveals novel loci and genetic correlates for general cognitive function: a report from the COGENT consortiumJ W Trampush
Division of Psychiatry Research, Zucker Hillside Hospital, Glen Oaks, NY, USA
Mol Psychiatry . 2017..Our primary GWAS meta-analysis identified two novel SNP loci (top SNPs: rs76114856 in the CENPO gene on chromosome 2 and rs6669072 near LOC105378853 on chromosome 1) associated with cognitive performance at the ..
- Whole-proteome genetic analysis of dependencies in assembly of a vertebrate kinetochoreItaru Samejima
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3BF, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 211:1141-56. 2015..Our data also suggest that CENP-O and CENP-R may regulate the size of the inner kinetochore without influencing the assembly of the outer kinetochore. ..
- Exposure to fluorescent light triggers down regulation of genes involved with mitotic progression in Xiphophorus skinRonald B Walter
Molecular Bioscience Research Group and Xiphophorus Genetic Stock Center, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX 78666, United States Electronic address
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 178:93-103. 2015..g., cenpe, cenpf, cenpi, cenpk, cenpo, cenpp, and cenpu; cep70; knstrm, kntc, mcm2, mcm5; smc2)...
- Chromosome congression is promoted by CENP-Q- and CENP-E-dependent pathwaysJames Bancroft
Mechanochemical Cell Biology Building, Division of Biomedical Cell Biology, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
J Cell Sci 128:171-84. 2015..Taken together, our data provide evidence that phosphoregulation of CENP-Q plays a central function in coordinating chromosome congression mechanisms...
- Eic1 links Mis18 with the CCAN/Mis6/Ctf19 complex to promote CENP-A assemblyLakxmi Subramanian
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, School of Biological Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Open Biol 4:140043. 2014..The novel interactions identified between CENP-A loading factors and the CCAN/Mis6/Ctf19 complex are likely to also contribute to CENP-A maintenance in other organisms. ..
- The CENP-O complex requirement varies among different cell typesNaoko Kagawa
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka, 411 8540, Japan
Chromosome Res 22:293-303. 2014..Thus, although both DT40 and ES cells with CENP-U deficiency have similar mitotic defects, cellular responses to mitotic defects vary among different cell types. ..
- Step-wise assembly, maturation and dynamic behavior of the human CENP-P/O/R/Q/U kinetochore sub-complexAnja Eskat
Molecular Biology, FLI, Jena, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e44717. 2012....
- A genome-wide meta-analysis of six type 1 diabetes cohorts identifies multiple associated lociJonathan P Bradfield
The Center for Applied Genomics, The Children s Hospital Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002293. 2011..of linkage disequilibrium is approximately 800 kb and harbors additional multiple genes, including NCOA1, C2orf79, CENPO, ADCY3, DNAJC27, POMC, and DNMT3A. The third most significantly associated SNP (rs924043, P = 8...
- The ABCs of CENPsMarinela Perpelescu
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Chromosoma 120:425-46. 2011..This review presents discussion of the latest structural and functional data on CENP-A and CENPs from the CCAN as well as their interaction with the KMN network...
- CENP-O, a protein localized at the centromere throughout the cell cycle, is a novel target antigen in systemic sclerosisAkiko Saito
Department of Dermatology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Turumai cho Showa ku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
J Rheumatol 36:781-6. 2009..The CENP-O protein is a component of the ICEN that localizes at the centromere throughout the cell cycle. We investigated whether CENP-O is also targeted by sera from patients with systemic autoimmune diseases...
- CENP-O class proteins form a stable complex and are required for proper kinetochore functionTetsuya Hori
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 19:843-54. 2008..This suggests that CENP-O class proteins are involved in the prevention of premature sister chromatid separation during recovery from spindle damage...
- ENHANCED DEVELOPMENT OF THE XIPHOPHORUS MODEL SYSTEMRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- TRANSPOSON ACTIVE TRANSGENIC XIPHOPHORUSRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- THE XIPHOPHORUS GENETIC STOCK CENTERRONALD WALTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..