Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CENPN
Description: centromere protein N
Alias: BM039, C16orf60, CENP-N, ICEN32, centromere protein N, interphase centromere complex protein 32
- The human CENP-A centromeric nucleosome-associated complexDaniel R Foltz
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0670, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:458-69. 2006..The CENP-A NAC is essential, as disruption of the complex causes errors of chromosome alignment and segregation that preclude cell survival despite continued centromere-derived mitotic checkpoint signalling...
- The ABCs of CENPsMarinela Perpelescu
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Chromosoma 120:425-46. 2011..This review presents discussion of the latest structural and functional data on CENP-A and CENPs from the CCAN as well as their interaction with the KMN network...
- The CENP-H-I complex is required for the efficient incorporation of newly synthesized CENP-A into centromeresMasahiro Okada
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 8:446-57. 2006....
- Comprehensive analysis of the ICEN (Interphase Centromere Complex) components enriched in the CENP-A chromatin of human cellsHiroshi Izuta
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Genes Cells 11:673-84. 2006..These results suggest that the seven components of the ICEN complex are predominantly localized at the centromeres and are required for kinetochore function perhaps through or not through loading of CENP-H and hMis6 onto the centromere...
- CENP-A Is Dispensable for Mitotic Centromere Function after Initial Centromere/Kinetochore AssemblySebastian Hoffmann
Institut Curie, PSL Research University, CNRS, UMR 144, 26 Rue d Ulm, F 75005, Paris, France
Cell Rep 17:2394-2404. 2016..Thus, there is a reciprocal interdependency of CENP-A chromatin and the underlying repetitive centromere DNA sequences bound by CENP-B in the maintenance of human chromosome segregation...
- Insights from biochemical reconstitution into the architecture of human kinetochoresJohn R Weir
Department of Mechanistic Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Otto Hahn Straße 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
Nature 537:249-253. 2016..Biochemical reconstitution paves the way for mechanistic and quantitative analyses of kinetochores...
- A fast and powerful W-test for pairwise epistasis testingMaggie Haitian Wang
Division of Biostatistics and Centre for Clinical Research and Biostatistics, JC School of Public Health and Primary Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong SAR, China CUHK Shenzhen Research Institute, Shenzhen, China
Nucleic Acids Res 44:e115. 2016..GWAS) datasets, the W-test identified significant interactions pairs that can be replicated, including SLIT3-CENPN, SLIT3-TMEM132D, CNTNAP2-NDST4 and CNTCAP2-RTN4R The genes in the pairs play central roles in neurotransmission ..
- The CENP-L-N Complex Forms a Critical Node in an Integrated Meshwork of Interactions at the Centromere-Kinetochore InterfaceKara L McKinley
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Nine Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Mol Cell 60:886-98. 2015..Thus, an interdependent meshwork within the CCAN underlies the centromere specificity and stability of the kinetochore...
- Whole-proteome genetic analysis of dependencies in assembly of a vertebrate kinetochoreItaru Samejima
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3BF, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 211:1141-56. 2015..Our data also suggest that CENP-O and CENP-R may regulate the size of the inner kinetochore without influencing the assembly of the outer kinetochore. ..
- A supergene determines highly divergent male reproductive morphs in the ruffClemens Küpper
Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Nat Genet 48:79-83. 2016..One breakpoint of the inversion disrupts the essential CENP-N gene (encoding centromere protein N), and pedigree analysis confirms the lethality of homozygosity for the inversion...
- Interaction between smoking history and gene expression levels impacts survival of breast cancer patientsSarah A Andres
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, 40202, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 152:545-56. 2015..BMC Cancer 13:326, 2013a; Horm Cancer 4:208-221, 2013b), multivariable analyses revealed CENPN, CETN1, CYP1A1, IRF2, LECT2, and NCOA1 to be important predictors for both breast carcinoma recurrence and ..
- Structural transitions of centromeric chromatin regulate the cell cycle-dependent recruitment of CENP-NJunnan Fang
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China
Genes Dev 29:1058-73. 2015..Our results provide the first insights into the mechanisms by which the recruitment of CENP-N is regulated by the structural transitions between compaction and relaxation of centromeric chromatin during the cell cycle. ..
- Step-wise assembly, maturation and dynamic behavior of the human CENP-P/O/R/Q/U kinetochore sub-complexAnja Eskat
Molecular Biology, FLI, Jena, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e44717. 2012....
- An Iml3-Chl4 heterodimer links the core centromere to factors required for accurate chromosome segregationStephen M Hinshaw
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Rep 5:29-36. 2013..We propose that at the core centromere, the Chl4-Iml3 complex participates in recruiting factors, such as Sgo1, that influence sister chromatid cohesion and encourage sister kinetochore biorientation. ..
- Structural insights into the role of the Chl4-Iml3 complex in kinetochore assemblyQiong Guo
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230026, People s Republic of China
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 69:2412-9. 2013..Acting as a heterodimer, the Chl4-Iml3 complex exhibits a low-affinity nonspecific DNA-binding activity which may play an important role in the kinetochore-assembly process. ..
- A conserved role for COMA/CENP-H/I/N kinetochore proteins in the spindle checkpointDaniel R Matson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Genes Dev 26:542-7. 2012..We propose a model to explain the differential response of human cells to nocodazole and paclitaxel...
- Dynamics of CENP-N kinetochore binding during the cell cycleDaniela Hellwig
Molecular Biology, FLI, Beutenbergstrasse 11, 07745 Jena, Germany
J Cell Sci 124:3871-83. 2011..We propose a model in which CENP-N functions as a fidelity factor during centromeric replication and reveal that the CCAN network is considerably more dynamic than previously appreciated...
- Dual recognition of CENP-A nucleosomes is required for centromere assemblyChristopher W Carroll
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94503, USA
J Cell Biol 189:1143-55. 2010..We propose that CENP-C binds directly to CENP-A chromatin and, together with CENP-N, provides the foundation upon which other centromere and kinetochore proteins are assembled...
- A super-resolution map of the vertebrate kinetochoreSusana Abreu Ribeiro
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10484-9. 2010..In mitosis, a CENP-C-dependent mechanism crosslinks CENP-A blocks of different layers together, conferring extra stability to the kinetochore...
- Double-strand DNA breaks recruit the centromeric histone CENP-ASamantha G Zeitlin
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15762-7. 2009..Finally, since cell survival after radiation-induced DNA damage correlates with CENP-A expression level, we propose that CENP-A may have a function in DNA repair...
- Centromere assembly requires the direct recognition of CENP-A nucleosomes by CENP-NChristopher W Carroll
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Beckman Center, Palo Alto, CA 94503 5307, USA
Nat Cell Biol 11:896-902. 2009..These data suggest that CENP-N interprets the information encoded within CENP-A nucleosomes and recruits other proteins to centromeric chromatin that are required for centromere function and propagation...
- The CENP-A NAC/CAD kinetochore complex controls chromosome congression and spindle bipolaritySarah E McClelland
Chromosome Segregation Laboratory, Marie Curie Research Institute, The Chart, Oxted, Surrey, UK
EMBO J 26:5033-47. 2007..Based on our results, we propose that the cooperative action of CENP-A NAC/CAD subunits and the KMN network drives efficient chromosome segregation and bipolar spindle assembly during mitosis...
- Biochemical Basis of CENP-A Epigenetic InheritanceSAMANTHA ZEITLIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will also have direct implications for understanding cancer causation, and applications in gene therapy. ..