Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CENPL
Description: centromere protein L
Alias: C1orf155, CENP-L, dJ383J4.3, centromere protein L, interphase centromere complex protein 33
- Pituitary deficiency and congenital infiltrating lipomatosis of the face in a girl with deletion of chromosome 1q24.3q31.1V Capra
U O Neurochirurgia, Istituto G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 164:495-9. 2014..3q31.1, which was defined by array-CGH. The deleted region contains numerous genes, but only eight (CENPL, LHX4, LAMC1, LAMC2, PTGS2, ANGPTL1, TNN, and TNR) are good candidates to explain, at least partially, the ..
- Identifying novel oncogenes: a machine learning approachAmbuj Kumar
Bioinformatics Division, School of Bio Sciences and Technology, Vellore Institute of Technology University, Vellore, 632014, Tamil Nadu, India
Interdiscip Sci 5:241-6. 2013..We observed multiple evidences of cancer associated genetic mutations in CENPI, CENPJ, CENPK, CENPL and CENPX protein...
- Dynamic changes in CCAN organization through CENP-C during cell-cycle progressionHarsh Nagpal
Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and Graduate University for Advanced Studies SOKENDAI, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 26:3768-76. 2015..On the basis of these results, we propose that CCAN organization changes dynamically during progression of the cell cycle. ..
- The CENP-L-N Complex Forms a Critical Node in an Integrated Meshwork of Interactions at the Centromere-Kinetochore InterfaceKara L McKinley
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Nine Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Mol Cell 60:886-98. 2015..Thus, an interdependent meshwork within the CCAN underlies the centromere specificity and stability of the kinetochore...
- Kinetochores accelerate centrosome separation to ensure faithful chromosome segregationNunu McHedlishvili
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich, Schafmattstrasse 18, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 125:906-18. 2012..We propose that the kinetochore pushing force is an essential safety mechanism that favors amphitelic attachments by ensuring that spindle bipolarization occurs before the formation of the majority of kinetochore-microtubule attachments...
- Step-wise assembly, maturation and dynamic behavior of the human CENP-P/O/R/Q/U kinetochore sub-complexAnja Eskat
Molecular Biology, FLI, Jena, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e44717. 2012....
- Structural insights into the role of the Chl4-Iml3 complex in kinetochore assemblyQiong Guo
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230026, People s Republic of China
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 69:2412-9. 2013..Acting as a heterodimer, the Chl4-Iml3 complex exhibits a low-affinity nonspecific DNA-binding activity which may play an important role in the kinetochore-assembly process. ..
- The human CENP-A centromeric nucleosome-associated complexDaniel R Foltz
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0670, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:458-69. 2006..The CENP-A NAC is essential, as disruption of the complex causes errors of chromosome alignment and segregation that preclude cell survival despite continued centromere-derived mitotic checkpoint signalling...
- The CENP-H-I complex is required for the efficient incorporation of newly synthesized CENP-A into centromeresMasahiro Okada
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 8:446-57. 2006....
- Comprehensive analysis of the ICEN (Interphase Centromere Complex) components enriched in the CENP-A chromatin of human cellsHiroshi Izuta
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Genes Cells 11:673-84. 2006..These results suggest that the seven components of the ICEN complex are predominantly localized at the centromeres and are required for kinetochore function perhaps through or not through loading of CENP-H and hMis6 onto the centromere...
- The CENP-A NAC/CAD kinetochore complex controls chromosome congression and spindle bipolaritySarah E McClelland
Chromosome Segregation Laboratory, Marie Curie Research Institute, The Chart, Oxted, Surrey, UK
EMBO J 26:5033-47. 2007..Based on our results, we propose that the cooperative action of CENP-A NAC/CAD subunits and the KMN network drives efficient chromosome segregation and bipolar spindle assembly during mitosis...
- CENP-C functions as a scaffold for effectors with essential kinetochore functions in mitosis and meiosisKoichi Tanaka
Laboratory of Chromosome Dynamics, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Dev Cell 17:334-43. 2009..Overall, therefore, our studies identify effectors of CENP-C in mitosis and meiosis and establish the concept that CENP-C serves as a scaffold for the specific recruitment of essential kinetochore proteins...
- Distinctive phenotype in 9 patients with deletion of chromosome 1q24-q25Deepika D Cunha Burkardt
Medical Genetics Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Med Genet A 155:1336-51. 2011..9 Mb at 1q24.3q25.1 (chr1: 170,135,865-172,099,327, hg18 coordinates), containing 13 genes and including CENPL, which encodes centromeric protein L, a protein essential for proper kinetochore function and mitotic progression...
- The ABCs of CENPsMarinela Perpelescu
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Chromosoma 120:425-46. 2011..This review presents discussion of the latest structural and functional data on CENP-A and CENPs from the CCAN as well as their interaction with the KMN network...