Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CENPH
Description: centromere protein H
Alias: centromere protein H, CENP-H, interphase centromere complex protein 35, kinetochore protein CENP-H
- Comprehensive analysis of the ICEN (Interphase Centromere Complex) components enriched in the CENP-A chromatin of human cellsHiroshi Izuta
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Genes Cells 11:673-84. 2006..These results suggest that the seven components of the ICEN complex are predominantly localized at the centromeres and are required for kinetochore function perhaps through or not through loading of CENP-H and hMis6 onto the centromere...
- The CENP-H-I complex is required for the efficient incorporation of newly synthesized CENP-A into centromeresMasahiro Okada
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 8:446-57. 2006....
- Human CENP-H multimers colocalize with CENP-A and CENP-C at active centromere--kinetochore complexesN Sugata
Tsukuba Life Science Center, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, 3 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 9:2919-26. 2000..These results suggest that CENP-H multimers localize constitutively to the inner kinetochore plate and play an important fundamental role in organization and function of the active human centromere-kinetochore complex...
- Prognostic relevance of Centromere protein H expression in esophageal carcinomaXian Zhi Guo
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, PR China
BMC Cancer 8:233. 2008..The aim of the present study was to clarify the expression of Centromere protein H (CENP-H), one of the fundamental components of the human active kinetochore, in esophageal carcinoma and ..
- Transcription within a functional human centromereRichard Saffery
The Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Melbourne, 3052, Australia
Mol Cell 12:509-16. 2003....
- Upregulation of CENP-H in tongue cancer correlates with poor prognosis and progressionWen Ting Liao
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:74. 2009b>Centromere protein H (CENP-H) is one of the fundamental components of the human active kinetochore. Recently, CENP-H was identified to be associated with tumorigenesis...
- KNL1 and the CENP-H/I/K complex coordinately direct kinetochore assembly in vertebratesIain M Cheeseman
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, and Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:587-94. 2008..These findings explain discrepancies in kinetochore assembly pathways between different organisms and reveal a surprising plasticity in the assembly mechanism of an essential cell division organelle...
- Co-localization of CENP-C and CENP-H to discontinuous domains of CENP-A chromatin at human neocentromeresAlicia Alonso
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1425 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10029, USA
Genome Biol 8:R148. 2007..Neocentromeres permit detailed investigation of centromeric chromatin organization that is not possible in the highly repetitive alpha satellite DNA present at endogenous centromeres...
- A conserved Mis12 centromere complex is linked to heterochromatic HP1 and outer kinetochore protein Zwint-1Chikashi Obuse
Department of Gene Mechanisms, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:1135-41. 2004..Double HP1 RNAi abolishes kinetochore localization of hMis12 and DC8. Therefore, centromeric HP1 may be the base to anchor the hMis12 core complex that is enriched with coiled coils and extends to outer Zwint-1 during mitosis...
- The functional region of CENP-H interacts with the Nuf2 complex that localizes to centromere during mitosisYoshikazu Mikami
PRESTO of JST, National Institute of Genetics and The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:1958-70. 2005..On the basis of these results and previously published data, we propose that the Nuf2 complex functions as a connector between the inner and outer kinetochores...
- The human CENP-A centromeric nucleosome-associated complexDaniel R Foltz
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0670, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:458-69. 2006..The CENP-A NAC is essential, as disruption of the complex causes errors of chromosome alignment and segregation that preclude cell survival despite continued centromere-derived mitotic checkpoint signalling...
- Centromere protein H is up-regulated in primary human colorectal cancer and its overexpression induces aneuploidyTakeshi Tomonaga
Department of Molecular Diagnosis F8, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, Japan
Cancer Res 65:4683-9. 2005..These results suggest that the aberrant expression and localization of a kinetochore protein CENP-H plays an important role in the aneuploidy frequently observed in colorectal cancers...
- Centromere protein H is a novel prognostic marker for nasopharyngeal carcinoma progression and overall patient survivalWen Ting Liao
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China and Department of Experimental Research, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, 651 Dongfeng Road East, Guangzhou 510060, China
Clin Cancer Res 13:508-14. 2007The aim of the present study was to analyze the expression of Centromere protein H (CENP-H), one of the fundamental components of the human active kinetochore, in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) and to correlate it with clinicopathologic ..
- Centromere protein H is a novel prognostic marker for human nonsmall cell lung cancer progression and overall patient survivalWen Ting Liao
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Cancer 115:1507-17. 2009..The objective of the current study was to investigate the expression pattern and clinicopathologic significance of centromere protein H (CENP-H) in patients with nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- RNAi knockdown of human kinetochore protein CENP-HSandra Orthaus
Department of Molecular Biology, FLI e V, Beutenbergstrasse 11, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 348:36-46. 2006..In CENP-H knocked-down human cells, the misaligned chromosomes contained only reduced levels of CENP-E. Our data clearly indicate that CENP-H has an important impact on the architecture and function of the human kinetochore complex...
- Mitotic Protein CSPP1 Interacts with CENP-H Protein to Coordinate Accurate Chromosome Oscillation in MitosisLijuan Zhu
From the Laboratory for Cellular Dynamics, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230027, China
J Biol Chem 290:27053-66. 2015..Based on these findings, we propose that CSPP1 cooperates with CENP-H on kinetochores to serve as a novel regulator of kMT dynamics for accurate chromosome segregation...
- Regulation of outer kinetochore Ndc80 complex-based microtubule attachments by the central kinetochore Mis12/MIND complexEmily M Kudalkar
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E5583-9. 2015..Together, our results suggest a previously unidentified mechanism for regulating microtubule binding of an outer kinetochore component by a central kinetochore complex. ..
- The SUMO protease SENP6 is essential for inner kinetochore assemblyDebaditya Mukhopadhyay
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, National Institute for Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 188:681-92. 2010..Together, these findings reveal a novel mechanism whereby the finely balanced activities of SENP6 and RNF4 control vertebrate kinetochore assembly through SUMO-targeted destabilization of inner plate components...
- The complete genome sequence and analysis of a plasmid-bearing myxobacterial strain Myxococcus fulvus 124B02 (M 206081)Xiao jing Chen
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, School of Life Science, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100 China
Stand Genomic Sci 11:1. 2016..Comparative genomic analyses suggest that pMF1 has a longstanding sustention within myxobacteria, and probably contributes to the genome expansion of myxobacteria. ..
- Screening for recombinants of Crambe abyssynica after transformation by the pMF1 marker-free vector based on chemical selection and meristematic regenerationWeicong Qi
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Bioresources of Saline Soils, Provincial Key Laboratory of Agrobiology, Institute of Biotechnology, Jiangsu Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Nanjing 210014, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Sci Rep 5:14033. 2015....
- Upregulation of centromere protein H is associated with progression of renal cell carcinomaXun Wu
Department of Anatomy, School of Basic Medicine Science, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, 510515, Guangdong, China
J Mol Histol 46:377-85. 2015b>Centromere protein H (CENPH), one of the essential component of active kinetochore, plays an important role in carcinogenesis of many cancer types...
- Mammalian polo-like kinase 1-dependent regulation of the PBIP1-CENP-Q complex at kinetochoresYoung H Kang
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, NCI National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4258, USA
J Biol Chem 286:19744-57. 2011....
- Epigenetic displacement of HP1 from heterochromatin by HIV-1 Vpr causes premature sister chromatid separationMari Shimura
Department of Intractable Diseases, Research Institute, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 8655, Japan
J Cell Biol 194:721-35. 2011..Our study reveals for the first time centromere cohesion impairment resulting from epigenetic disruption of higher-order structures of heterochromatin by a viral pathogen...
- Metabolism of Kaempferia parviflora polymethoxyflavones by human intestinal bacterium Bautia sp. MRG-PMF1Mihyang Kim
Metalloenzyme Research Group and Department of Systems Biotechnology, Chung Ang University, Anseong 456 756, Republic of Korea
J Agric Food Chem 62:12377-83. 2014..The unprecedented PMF demethylation activity of Blautia sp. MRG-PMF1 will expand our understanding of flavonoid metabolism in the human intestine and lead to novel bioactive compounds. ..
- Down-regulation of Sp1 suppresses cell proliferation, clonogenicity and the expressions of stem cell markers in nasopharyngeal carcinomaJing Ping Zhang
J Transl Med 12:222. 2014..carcinoma (NPC), including B-lymphoma mouse Moloney leukemia virus insertion region 1 (Bmi1) and centromere protein H (CENPH), but the role of Sp1 and its underlying mechanisms in NPC remained largely unexplored...
- Overexpression of CENP-H as a novel prognostic biomarker for human hepatocellular carcinoma progression and patient survivalGuifang Lu
Department of Gastroenterology, First Affiliated Hospital of the Medical College, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, P R China
Oncol Rep 30:2238-44. 2013b>Centromere protein H (CENP-H) has been shown to be significantly upregulated in many types of cancers and is associated with disrupted cell cycle regulation, cell proliferation and genetic instability...
- CenpH regulates meiotic G2/M transition by modulating the APC/CCdh1-cyclin B1 pathway in oocytesTeng Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Stem Cell and Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Development . 2016..Here, we report that CenpH, a component of the kinetochore inner plate protein, is responsible for the G2/M transition in meiotic mouse ..
- Drosophila Nnf1 paralogs are partially redundant for somatic and germ line kinetochore functionAriane C Blattner
Institute of Molecular Life Sciences IMLS, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057, Zurich, Switzerland
Chromosoma . 2016..Loss of both paralogs results in developmental lethality. We therefore conclude that the two paralogs are still in early stages of differentiation...
- Network of protein interactions within the Drosophila inner kinetochoreMagdalena M Richter
Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Science, Warsaw, Poland
Open Biol 6:150238. 2016..Thus, we conclude the organization of the Mis12-Nnf1 dimer confers upon the Mis12 complex a bipolar, elongated structure that is critical for kinetochore function. ..
- Insights from the reconstitution of the divergent outer kinetochore of Drosophila melanogasterYahui Liu
Department of Mechanistic Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Otto Hahn Straße 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
Open Biol 6:150236. 2016..Our studies shed light on the structural and functional organization of a highly divergent kinetochore particle. ..
- Analysis of genetic polymorphisms associated with leukoaraiosis in the southern Chinese population: A case-control studyWen qing Huang
aTranslational Medicine Research Center bKey Laboratory for Cancer T Cell Theranostics and Clinical Translation cMaternity and Child Health Hospital, Xiamen, Fujian, China dDepartment of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian eINNOVA Cell TDx Clinics and TRANSLA Health Group, China
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e3857. 2016..Thus, we believe that a genome-wide association study and candidate gene association studies are needed to reassess the previous findings and screen novel risk genes for LA in China. ..
- Genetic Risk Factors for Ischemic and Hemorrhagic StrokeGanesh Chauhan
Inserm U1219 Bordeaux Population Health Research Center, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33000, Bordeaux, France
Curr Cardiol Rep 18:124. 2016..For hemorrhagic stroke, two loci (APOE and PMF1) have been identified...
- Structure of the MIND Complex Defines a Regulatory Focus for Yeast Kinetochore AssemblyYoana N Dimitrova
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 250 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 167:1014-1027.e12. 2016..A C-terminal extension of Dsn1 recruits Ndc80C to the opposite end of the shaft. The structure and properties of MIND show how it integrates phospho-regulatory inputs for kinetochore assembly and disassembly...
- Genetic risk factors for spontaneous intracerebral haemorrhageAmanda M Carpenter
St George s University, 3500 Sunrise Highway, Great River, NY 11739, USA
Nat Rev Neurol 12:40-9. 2016..Although evidence for genetic contributions to the risk of ICH exists, we do not yet fully understand how and to what extent this information can be utilized to prevent and treat ICH. ..
- Assignment of the centromere protein H (Cenph) gene to mouse chromosome band 13D1 by in situ hybridization and interspecific backcross analysesA W Lo
The Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Cytogenet Cell Genet 90:56-7. 2000
- DNA methylation-based biomarkers in bladder cancerRaju Kandimalla
Department of Pathology, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Urol 10:327-35. 2013..Validated markers for progression, diagnosis, survival and BCG response will contribute to clinical decision-making and individualized treatment...
- Transforming pluripotency: an exon-level study of malignancy-specific transcripts in human embryonal carcinoma and embryonic stem cellsSharmini Alagaratnam
Department of Cancer Prevention, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Stem Cells Dev 22:1136-46. 2013..These findings are of particular interest for both GCT and ES cell biology, and, in general, to the concept of CSCs...
- Combined evaluation of centromere protein H and Ki-67 as prognostic biomarker for patients with gastric carcinomaW L He
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pancreatic Surgery and Centre of Gastric Cancer, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510080, PR China
Eur J Surg Oncol 39:141-9. 2013b>Centromere protein H (CENP-H) is one of the essential components of the human active kinetochore which close links with carcinogenesis. Its expression and clinical value of prognostic prediction for gastric cancer (GC) is unclear.
- Plk1 phosphorylates Sgt1 at the kinetochores to promote timely kinetochore-microtubule attachmentX Shawn Liu
Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:4053-67. 2012..Our results demonstrate a mechanism for Plk1 in promoting kinetochore-microtubule attachment to ensure chromosome stability...
- Role of centromere protein H and Ki67 in relapse-free survival of patients after primary surgery for hypopharyngeal cancerJun Xi Wang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Qi Lu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:821-5. 2012b>Centromere protein H (CENP-H) and Ki67 are overexpressed in some malignancies, but whether they are predictors of survival after primary resection for hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma (HSCC) remains unknown.
- Methylation of CenH3 arginine 37 regulates kinetochore integrity and chromosome segregationAnke Samel
Abteilung fur Genetik, Zentrum für Medizinische Biotechnologie, Universitat Duisburg Essen, D 45141 Essen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:9029-34. 2012..Altogether, our data identify a unique regulatory principle on centromeric chromatin by posttranslational modification of the amino terminus of CenH3...
- [Role of centromere protein H in human gastric cancer cell proliferation]Tianyi Quan
Department of Oncology, Third Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 32:265-9. 2012To explore the role of centromere protein H (CENP-H) in the proliferation of human gastric cancer cells.
- Overexpression of centromere protein H is significantly associated with breast cancer progression and overall patient survivalWen Ting Liao
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510060, P R China
Chin J Cancer 30:627-37. 2011..This study aimed to analyze the expression of centromere protein H (CENP-H) in breast cancer and to correlate it with clinicopathologic data, including patient survival...
- Characterization of the replication origin of the myxobacterial self-replicative plasmid pMF1Jing Feng
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, School of Life Science, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
Plasmid 68:105-12. 2012..14, and was found to contain several directly and inverted atypical repeats. The unique characteristics of the pMF1 replicon are suggested to be the reason for its strict narrow host range in Myxococcus cells...
- Sp1 and Sp3 are involved in the full transcriptional activity of centromere protein H in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsWei Feng Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, SunYat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China
FEBS J 279:2714-26. 2012The overexpression of centromere protein H (CENPH), one of the fundamental components of the human active kinetochore, has been shown to be closely associated with human cancers...
- A two-plasmid system for stable, selective-pressure-independent expression of multiple extracellular proteins in mycobacteriaGünter Harth
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, 37 121 CHS, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1688, USA
Microbiology 150:2143-51. 2004..coli or between E. coli strains. The combination of two compatible plasmids in one BCG strain allows expression of recombinant mycobacterial proteins at different levels, a potentially important factor in optimizing vaccine potency...
- Versatile Rhodococcus equi-Escherichia coli shuttle vectorsMichael W Mangan
Department of Industrial Microbiology, Conway Institute for Biomolecular and Biomedical Reseach, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 87:161-7. 2005..The stability of these plasmids in R. equi in the absence of selection for the plasmid borne antibiotic resistance markers, and their integrity following passage through Escherichia coli and R. equi was determined...
- Interruption of cenph causes mitotic failure and embryonic death, and its haploinsufficiency suppresses cancer in zebrafishXinyi Zhao
Protein Science Laboratory of the Ministry of the Education, College of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
J Biol Chem 285:27924-34. 2010..mutant, stagnant and curly (stac), that carries the Tol2 transposon element inserted at the kinetochore protein H (cenph) locus...
- Characterization of the partitioning system of Myxococcus plasmid pMF1Xia Sun
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, School of Life Science, Shandong University, Jinan, China
PLoS ONE 6:e28122. 2011..The ParB-binding iteron sequences are distributed not only near the partitioning gene loci but also along pMF1. These results indicate that the pMF1 par system has novel structural and functional characteristics...
- Anti-CENPI autoantibodies in scleroderma patients with features of autoimmune liver diseasesKhaoula Hamdouch
Departamento de Biomedicina, Biotecnología y Salud Pública, Facultad de Ciencias, 11510 Puerto Real, Cadiz, Spain
Clin Chim Acta 412:2267-71. 2011..centromere autoantigens described so far include constitutive kinetochore proteins such as CENPA, CENPB, CENPC and CENPH and facultative proteins such as CENPE, CENPF and INCENP...
- CENP-C is a structural platform for kinetochore assemblyMarcin R Przewloka
Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Curr Biol 21:399-405. 2011..Thus, the N-terminal part of Drosophila CENP-C is sufficient to recruit core kinetochore components and acts as the principal linkage between centromere and kinetochore during mitosis...
- NNF1 is an essential yeast gene required for proper spindle orientation, nucleolar and nuclear envelope structure and mRNA exportX Shan
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Cell Sci 110:1615-24. 1997..Our results suggest that Nnf1p plays a role in a number of nuclear functions...
- CENP-H-containing complex facilitates centromere deposition of CENP-A in cooperation with FACT and CHD1Masahiro Okada
Center for Priority Areas, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0397, Japan Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Sciences and Engineering, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0397, Japan Innovative Drug Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co, Ltd, Takasaki, Gumma, 370 1295, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 20:3986-95. 2009..These findings indicate that the CENP-H-containing complex facilitates deposition of newly synthesized CENP-A into centromeric chromatin in cooperation with FACT and CHD1...
- TRIM36 interacts with the kinetochore protein CENP-H and delays cell cycle progressionNaoto Miyajima
Department of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, N15, W7, Kita ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 8638, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 381:383-7. 2009..These results indicate that TRIM36 is potentially associated with chromosome segregation and that an excess of TRIM36 may cause chromosomal instability...
- Identification of PMF1 methylation in association with bladder cancer progressionAinel Aleman
Tumor Markers Group, Molecular Pathology Program, Spanish National Cancer Center, Madrid, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 14:8236-43. 2008..The polyamine modulated factor-1 (PMF-1) is involved in polyamine homeostasis. After identifying an enriched CpG island encompassing the PMF1 promoter, we aimed at evaluating the clinical relevance of PMF1 methylation in bladder cancer...
- Real-time RT-PCR discriminating mRNA encoding osteocalcin from unspecific targetsJan Karl Burkhardt
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 30, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 393:1351-5. 2009..It was found that the classic method that does not correct for PMF1 expression leads to overestimations as high as 70%...
- Discovery of the autonomously replicating plasmid pMF1 from Myxococcus fulvus and development of a gene cloning system in Myxococcus xanthusJing Yi Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, College of Life Science, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, People s Republic of China
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:1980-7. 2008..The transformants subsequently exhibited the ability to form pili and social motility. Autonomously replicating plasmid pMF1 provides a new tool for genetic manipulation in Myxococcus...
- The fission yeast DASH complex is essential for satisfying the spindle assembly checkpoint induced by defects in the inner-kinetochore proteinsYasuyo Kobayashi
Division of Cell Biology, Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, Fukuoka, 839 0864, Japan
Genes Cells 12:311-28. 2007..These genetic interactions highlight the DASH-action(s) in satisfying SAC when aneuploids are formed during mitosis in the inner-kinetochore-defective mis mutants...
- Sequence-specific recognition of RNA hairpins by the SAM domain of Vts1pTzvi Aviv
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5, Canada
Nat Struct Mol Biol 13:168-76. 2006..Bioinformatic analysis of these mRNAs demonstrates that the RNA-binding specificity of Vts1p in vivo is probably more stringent than that of the isolated SAM domain in vitro...
- An Mtw1 complex promotes kinetochore biorientation that is monitored by the Ipl1/Aurora protein kinaseBenjamin A Pinsky
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Dev Cell 5:735-45. 2003..We therefore propose that an Mtw1 complex is required for kinetochore biorientation that is monitored by the Ipl1p kinase...
- Architecture of the budding yeast kinetochore reveals a conserved molecular coreStefan Westermann
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Barker Hall, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Cell Biol 163:215-22. 2003..We propose that a molecular core consisting of CENP-A, -C, -H, and Ndc80/HEC has been conserved from yeast to humans to link centromeres to spindle microtubules...
- Nnf1p, Dsn1p, Mtw1p, and Nsl1p: a new group of proteins important for chromosome segregation in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeGhia M Euskirchen
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Eukaryot Cell 1:229-40. 2002..Based on the colocalization of these four proteins, the minichromosome instability and the spindle defects seen in nnf1 mutants, I propose that Nnf1p is part of a new group of proteins necessary for chromosome segregation...
- Characterization of a novel kinetochore protein, CENP-HN Sugata
Tsukuba Life Science Center, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, 3 1, Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:27343-6. 1999..Thus the newly isolated CENP-H may play a role in kinetochore organization and function throughout the cell cycle...