Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDS2
Description: CDP-diacylglycerol synthase (phosphatidate cytidylyltransferase) 2
Alias: CDP-DAG synthase 2, CDP-DG synthase 2, CDP-DG synthetase 2, CDP-diacylglycerol synthase 2, CDP-diglyceride diphosphorylase 2, CDP-diglyceride pyrophosphorylase 2, CDP-diglyceride synthase 2, CDP-diglyceride synthetase 2, CDS 2, CTP:phosphatidate cytidylyltransferase 2, phosphatidate cytidylyltransferase 2
- Extraplastidial cytidinediphosphate diacylglycerol synthase activity is required for vegetative development in Arabidopsis thalianaYonghong Zhou
Unit of Botany, Institute for Biology I, RWTH Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Plant J 75:867-79. 2013..Here we have focused on the extraplastidial CDS isoforms, encoded by CDS1 and CDS2 which are constitutively expressed contrary to CDS3...
- MMAPPR: mutation mapping analysis pipeline for pooled RNA-seqJonathon T Hill
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah Molecular Medicine Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Genome Res 23:687-97. 2013..5 and tbx1, and used it to map two novel ENU-induced cardiovascular mutants, with mutations found in the ctr9 and cds2 genes...
- CDP-diacylglycerol synthetase-controlled phosphoinositide availability limits VEGFA signaling and vascular morphogenesisWeijun Pan
Program in Genomics of Differentiation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 120:489-98. 2012..Loss of CDS2, 1 of 2 vertebrate CDS enzymes, results in vascular-specific defects in zebrafish in vivo and failure of VEGFA-..
- Differential expression of cold- and diet-specific genes encoding two carp liver delta 9-acyl-CoA desaturase isoformsS D Polley
School of Biological Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 7ZB, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 284:R41-50. 2003..Here we report the cloning and characterization of Cds2, a second Delta9-acyl CoA-desaturase expressed in carp liver...
- Abscisic acid has a key role in modulating diverse plant-pathogen interactionsJun Fan
Department of Disease and Stress Biology, John Innes Centre, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 150:1750-61. 2009We isolated an activation-tagged Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) line, constitutive disease susceptibility2-1D (cds2-1D), that showed enhanced bacterial growth when challenged with various Pseudomonas syringae strains...
- Translocation of p53 to mitochondria is regulated by its lipid binding property to anionic phospholipids and it participates in cell death controlChing Hao Li
Institute of Toxicology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Neoplasia 12:150-60. 2010..However, in the high-dose MMC treatment, only the p53 translocated to the mitochondria and resulted in apoptosis progression. On the basis of this study, we thought mitochondrial p53 might regulate apoptosis in a biphasic manner...
- Two closely related genes of Arabidopsis encode plastidial cytidinediphosphate diacylglycerol synthases essential for photoautotrophic growthAndré Haselier
Unit of Botany, Institute for Biology I, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen University, 52056 Aachen, Germany
Plant Physiol 153:1372-84. 2010..Alternative translation initiation or alternative splicing of CDS2 and CDS4 transcripts can result in up to 10 isoforms...
- Rapid decrease in active tension generated by C2C12 myotubes after termination of artificial exerciseHideaki Fujita
Toyota Central R and D Labs Incorporation, Yokomichi, Nagakute, Aichi, 480 1192, Japan
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 31:279-88. 2010..RT-PCR revealed that the expression of several genes associated with atrophy, namely Smc6, Vegfa, Jarid2, Kitl, Cds2, Inmt, Fasn, Neurl, Topors, and Cul2, were also changed after termination of artificial exercise...
- Underexpression of miR-224 in methotrexate resistant human colon cancer cellsNúria Mencia
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Biochem Pharmacol 82:1572-82. 2011..Among them CDS2, DCP2, HSPC159, MYST3 and SLC4A4 were validated at the mRNA level by qRT-PCR...
- Prolonged androgen receptor loading onto chromatin and the efficient recruitment of p160 coactivators contribute to androgen-independent growth of prostate cancer cellsXu Bao Shi
Department of Urology, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Prostate 68:1816-26. 2008..It is unclear how the aberrantly activated AR loads onto regulatory regions of AR-targeted genes. The purpose of this study was to assess the AR chromatin loading in an androgen-depleted environment...
- STAT-3 regulates surfactant phospholipid homeostasis in normal lung and during endotoxin-mediated lung injuryMachiko Ikegami
Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Div of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 104:1753-60. 2008..expressed in type II cells that may influence surfactant phospholipid synthesis (Glut-1, Slc34a2, Gpam, Acox2, and Cds2). Stat-3(Delta/Delta) mice were more susceptible to intratracheal lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- Characterization and physical mapping of the porcine CDS1 and CDS2 genesA Mercade
Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Facultat de Veterinaria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Anim Biotechnol 18:23-35. 2007..Moreover, a 1240-bp fragment of the pig CDS2 mRNA was amplified and sequenced...
- Identification of MglA-regulated genes reveals novel virulence factors in Francisella tularensisAnna Brotcke
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 299 Campus Drive, Fairchild Bldg D041, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Infect Immun 74:6642-55. 2006..Mutations in MglA-regulated genes within the FPI (pdpB and cds2) as well as outside the FPI (FTT0989, oppB, and FTT1209c) were either attenuated or hypervirulent in macrophages ..
- Interleukin-17 receptor-like gene is a novel antiapoptotic gene highly expressed in androgen-independent prostate cancerZongbing You
Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Cancer Res 66:175-83. 2006..at significantly higher levels in several androgen-independent prostate cancer cell lines (PC3, DU145, cds1, cds2, and cds3) and tumors compared with the androgen-dependent cell lines (LNCaP and MLC-SV40) and tumors...
- Isolation and characterization of murine Cds (CDP-diacylglycerol synthase) 1 and 2Suzanne L Inglis-Broadgate
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London, EC1V 9EL, UK
Gene 356:19-31. 2005..We report here the isolation and characterization of two murine genes encoding this enzyme, Cds1 and Cds2. The genes encode proteins that are 73% identical and 92% similar but exhibit very different expression patterns...
- Genomic organization of human CDS2 and evaluation as a candidate gene for corneal hereditary endothelial dystrophy 2 on chromosome 20p13Stephanie Halford
Exp Eye Res 75:619-23. 2002
- Identification and characterization of CDS2, a mammalian homolog of the Drosophila CDP-diacylglycerol synthase geneM Volta
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine TIGEM, San Raffaele Biomedical Science Park, Milan, Italy
Genomics 55:68-77. 1999..Using a bioinformatic approach, we have identified two novel transcripts (CDS1 and CDS2) highly homologous to the Drosophila CDS gene...
- Isolation and chromosomal localization of two human CDP-diacylglycerol synthase (CDS) genesS Halford
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, Bath Street, London, EC1V 9EL, UK
Genomics 54:140-4. 1998..using Drosophila phototransduction genes as a model system, two human CDP-diacylglycerol synthase genes (CDS1 and CDS2) were cloned and sequenced...
- The role of CDP-diacylglycerol synthetase and phosphatidylinositol synthase activity levels in the regulation of cellular phosphatidylinositol contentA Lykidis
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 272:33402-9. 1997..with the presence of the two mRNAs, a cDNA predicted to encode a second human CDP-diacylglycerol synthetase (cds2) was also uncovered in the EST data base. In contrast to the two cds mRNAs, a single, 2...
- ROLE OF SURFACTANT PROTEIN D IN SURFACTANT HOMEOSTASISMachiko Ikegami; Fiscal Year: 2006..The intended studies will provide fundamental insights into the role of SP-D in the protection of the lung, as well as into the basic mechanisms determining surfactant homeostasis. ..