Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDAN1
Description: codanin 1
Alias: CDA1, CDAI, CDAN1A, DLT, PRO1295, codanin-1, congenital dyserythropoietic anemia, type I, discs lost homolog
Publications189 found, 100 shown here
- A phase I-II study of cyclophosphamide, epidoxorubicin, levofolinic acid/5-fluorouracil and recombinant human granulocyte colony stimulating factor in metastatic breast carcinomaA Callari
Service of Chemotherapy, Oncological Hospital M. Ascoli, Palermo, Italy
Acta Oncol 33:925-9. 1994..of the study, groups of 3 patients received EDXR 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40 mg/m2/day until the dose limiting toxicity (DLT) was reached...
- Remote glucosyltransferase-microparticle vaccine delivery induces protective immunity in the oral cavityD J Smith
Department of Immunology, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Oral Microbiol Immunol 18:240-8. 2003..and 21 with a) GTF-MP alone, b) GTF-MP with cholera toxin, c) GTF-MP with detoxified mutant Escherichia coli toxin (dLT), or d) sham immunized with PLGA and cholera toxin...
- Phase I study of simultaneous dose escalation and schedule acceleration of cyclophosphamide-doxorubicin-etoposide using granulocyte colony-stimulating factor with or without antimicrobial prophylaxis in patients with small-cell lung cancerA Ardizzoni
Division of Medical Oncology I, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genoa, Italy
Br J Cancer 74:1141-7. 1996..3) completed three or more cycles at the dose and schedule planned by the protocol and no 'dose-limiting toxicity' (DLT) was seen...
- The dlt operon of Bacillus cereus is required for resistance to cationic antimicrobial peptides and for virulence in insectsZ Abi Khattar
INRA, UMR 1133, Laboratoire EMIP, Place Eugene Bataillon, F 34095 Montpellier, France
J Bacteriol 191:7063-73. 2009The dlt operon encodes proteins that alanylate teichoic acids, the major components of cell walls of gram-positive bacteria...
- Total parenteral nutrition in treatment of patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseKalina Grivceva Stardelova
Gastroenterohepatology Clinic, Medical Faculty, Skopje, R Macedonia
Prilozi 29:21-43. 2008..the course of the study, the following parameters were examined: Body mass index (BMI), Disease Activity Index (CDAI/AI), laboratory parameters and the number of hospital days...
- Cisplatin-epirubicin-paclitaxel weekly administration in advanced breast cancer: a phase I study of the Southern Italy Cooperative Oncology GroupG Frasci
Division of Medical Oncology A, National Tumor Institute, Naples, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 56:239-52. 1999..Weekly administration could result in a substantial improvement in the therapeutic index of cisplatin and paclitaxel. This study was aimed at determining the MTDs of epirubicin and paclitaxel given weekly with a fixed dose of cisplatin...
- Phase I trial of combined immunotherapy with subcutaneous granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor, low-dose interleukin 2, and interferon alpha in progressive metastatic melanoma and renal cell carcinomaG C de Gast
Division of Medical Oncology, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Clin Cancer Res 6:1267-72. 2000The purpose of our study was to determine the maximally tolerated dose (MTD) and DLT of combined administration of granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), low-dose interleukin 2 (IL-2) and IFN-alpha in patients with ..
- Toxicity of a quinocarmycin analog, DX-52-1, in rats and dogs in relation to clinical outcomeJon C Mirsalis
Toxicology Laboratory, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025 3493, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 51:193-201. 2003..studies in rats and dogs to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and identify dose-limiting toxicities (DLT) in each species in different regimens to establish a safe starting dose and potential target organs of DX-52-1 for ..
- Phase I and pharmacologic study of sequential topotecan-carboplatin-etoposide in patients with extensive stage small cell lung cancerAntonius A Miller
Comprehensive Cancer Center of Wake Forest University, Section on Hematology and Oncology, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, United States
Lung Cancer 54:379-85. 2006..Follow-up was weekly for CBC. Tumor response was assessed after 2 and 6 cycles. Dose limiting toxicity (DLT) was defined as any of the following in cycle 1: grade 3 or 4 non-hematologic toxicity other than nausea and ..
- Docetaxel, ifosfamide and cisplatin in solid tumour treatment: a phase I studyPol Specenier
Department of Medical Oncology, Antwerp University Hospital, Edegem, Belgium
Anticancer Drugs 21:306-12. 2010..ifosfamide and cisplatin in patients with solid tumours and to define the safety, dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) and the recommended dose and administration schedule of docetaxel, ifosfamide and cisplatin for further phase II ..
- Phase I study of docetaxel and topotecan in patients with solid tumorsK H Tkaczuk
University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center, 22 South Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 46:442-8. 2000..This phase I trial was conducted to determine the overall and dose-limiting toxicities (DLT), the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and the pharmacokinetics of the combination of DOC and TOPO in patients with ..
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of squalamine, a novel antiangiogenic agent, in patients with advanced cancersP Bhargava
Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:3912-9. 2001..in patients with advanced cancers to: (a) determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) and pharmacokinetics of squalamine lactate when given as a 120-h continuous i.v...
- Choosing a lung isolation device for thoracic surgery: a randomized trial of three bronchial blockers versus double-lumen tubesManu Narayanaswamy
Gosford Hospital, Gosford, New South Wales 2250, Australia
Anesth Analg 108:1097-101. 2009..In this study, we compared the clinical performance of three bronchial blockers (BBs) available in North America with left-sided double-lumen tubes (DLTs) for lung isolation in patients undergoing left-sided thoracic surgery...
- Incorporation of D-alanine into lipoteichoic acid and wall teichoic acid in Bacillus subtilis. Identification of genes and regulationM Perego
Dipartimento Farmaceutico, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Italy
J Biol Chem 270:15598-606. 1995The Bacillus subtilis dlt operon (D-alanyl-lipoteichoic acid) is responsible for D-alanine esterification of both lipoteichoic acid (LTA) and wall teichoic acid (WTA). The dlt operon contains five genes, dltA-dltE...
- Anti-interleukin-12 antibody for active Crohn's diseasePeter J Mannon
Mucosal Immunity Section, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2069-79. 2004..Crohn's disease is associated with excess cytokine activity mediated by type 1 helper T (Th1) cells. Interleukin-12 is a key cytokine that initiates Th1-mediated inflammatory responses...
- A phase I/II study of oxaliplatin when added to 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin and pelvic radiation in locally advanced rectal cancer: a Colorectal Clinical Oncology Group (CCOG) studyD Sebag-Montefiore
Cookridge Hospital, Hospital Lane, Cookridge, West Yorkshire LS16 6QB, UK
Br J Cancer 93:993-8. 2005..The MTD was determined as the dose causing more than a third of patients to have a dose-limiting toxicity (DLT). Once the MTD was reached, a further 14 patients were treated at the dose level below the MTD...
- A phase I/II study of irinotecan when added to 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin and pelvic radiation in locally advanced rectal cancer: a Colorectal Clinical Oncology Group StudyR Glynne-Jones
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Mount Vernon Hospital, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood, Middlesex HA6 2RN, UK
Br J Cancer 96:551-8. 2007..The MTD was determined as the dose causing more than a third of patients to have a dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) defined as specific grade 3 or 4 toxicities...
- Oxaliplatin plus raltitrexed in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma: results of a Phase I-II trialW Scheithauer
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Oncology, University Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Cancer 91:1264-71. 2001..The aim of this disease oriented Phase I-II study was to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), the dose-limiting toxicities (DLT), and the objective response rate of this combination in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma.
- [Anesthesia in single and bilateral sequential lung transplantation. Lung Transplantation Group]G Della Rocca
Istituto di Anestesia e Rianimazione, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza
Minerva Anestesiol 66:183-93. 2000..Anesthesia for lung transplantation: intraoperative complications and long term results...
- Phase I study of paclitaxel (taxol) and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (caelyx) administered every 2 weeks in patients with advanced solid tumorsD Mavroudis
Department of Medical Oncology, University General Hospital of Heraklion, Greece
Oncology 62:216-22. 2002..We conducted a phase I study to determine the maximum tolerated doses (MTD) and the dose limiting toxicities (DLT) of the combination administered every 2 weeks in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- Aggressive simultaneous radiochemotherapy with cisplatin and paclitaxel in combination with accelerated hyperfractionated radiotherapy in locally advanced head and neck tumors. Results of a phase I-II trialThomas Kuhnt
Department of Radiotherapy, Martin Luther University, Halle, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 179:673-81. 2003..combination protocol with cisplatin and escalated paclitaxel in combination with accelerated hyperfractionated radiotherapy to assess the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), overall toxicity, and response rate.
- Amifostine and autologous hematopoietic stem cell support of escalating-dose melphalan: a phase I studyG L Phillips
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:473-83. 2004This study was conducted to define a new maximum tolerated dose and the dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) of melphalan and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (AHSCT) when used with the cytoprotective agent amifostine...
- Phase 1 European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer study determining safety of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (Caelyx) in combination with ifosfamide in previously untreated adult patients with advanced or metastatic soft tissue sarcomasO S Nielsen
Aarhus University Hospital, Department of Oncology, Norrebrogade 44, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur J Cancer 42:2303-9. 2006..5 g; L4 and L5: X = 3 g. Cohorts of 3 patients were entered at each level unless a dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) occurred. In case of DLT in 1 of 3 patients a new cohort was added...
- Phase I study of induction chemotherapy and concomitant chemoradiotherapy with irinotecan, carboplatin, and paclitaxel for stage III non-small cell lung cancerNicholas W Choong
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60615, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:59-67. 2008....
- Phase I trial of weekly irinotecan and paclitaxel combined with carboplatin in patients with advanced cancer: a Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group StudyEvangelos Briasoulis
Department of Medical Oncology, Ioannina University Hospital, Greece
Anticancer Drugs 21:785-9. 2010..Patients with advanced cancer were eligible for this trial. Dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) was considered to be any grade greater than or equal to 3 (G> or =3) nonhematological toxicity except nausea/..
- Positioning of a double-lumen endobronchial tube without the aid of any instruments: an implication for emergency managementJ H Bahk
Department of Anesthesiology and Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Korea
J Trauma 49:899-902. 2000..If bleeding continues but the side of origin is uncertain, use of a double-lumen tube (DLT) is reasonable...
- MR of the small bowel with a biphasic oral contrast agent (polyethylene glycol): technical aspects and findings in patients affected by Crohn's diseaseAndrea Laghi
Dipartimento di Scienze Radiologiche, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Radiol Med 106:18-27. 2003..To report our experience using MR of the small bowel with polyethylene glycol (PEG) solution as an oral contrast agent in a population of adults and children with known Crohn's disease...
- [Therapeutic effects of combined enteral nutrition with Tripterygium Wilfordii poly-glycoside in remission induction of active adult Crohn's disease]Jian feng Gong
Research Institute of General Surgery, Nanjing General Hospital of Nanjing Military Command, Nanjing 210002, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 47:1213-7. 2009..To investigate the potential role of enteral nutrition (EN) combined with Tripterygium Wilfordii Poly-glycoside (TWP) for remission induction of active adult Crohn's disease (CD)...
- Cloning, expression, and purification of cytidine deaminase from Arabidopsis thalianaS Vincenzetti
Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologiche e Biochimiche Comparate, Universita di Camerino, Camerino MC, Italy
Protein Expr Purif 15:8-15. 1999The complementary DNA (cDNA) coding for Arabidopsis thaliana cytidine deaminase 1 (AT-CDA1) was obtained from the amplified A. thaliana cDNA expression library, provided by R. W. Davis (Stanford University, CA)...
- Tolerance in DLA-haploidentical canine littermates following CD6-depleted marrow transplantation and donor lymphocyte transfusionJulia Zorn
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, National Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute of Molecular Immunology, Clinical Cooperation Group Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, Munich, Germany
Exp Hematol 37:998-1006. 2009Donor lymphocyte transfusions (DLT) are effective in the treatment of leukemia after allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Graft-vs-host-disease (GVHD) is the major risk factor of DLT...
- Evaluation of rodent-only toxicology for early clinical trials with novel cancer therapeuticsD R Newell
Medical School, University of Newcastle, UK
Br J Cancer 81:760-8. 1999..for 24 drugs, and in patients the maximum administered dose (MAD) was associated with dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) in initial clinical trials with 20 compounds...
- Bronchial blocker compared to double-lumen tube for one-lung ventilation during thoracoscopyC Bauer
Anesthesiology Department, H pital Civil, Strasbourg University Hospital, France
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:250-4. 2001..This study compared the Broncho-Cath double-lumen endotracheal tube with the Wiruthan bronchial blocker to determine the advantages of one device over the other during anaesthesia with one-lung ventilation for thoracoscopy...
- A phase I and pharmacologic study of capecitabine and paclitaxel in breast cancer patientsM A Villalona-Calero
Institute for Drug Development, Cancer Therapy and Research Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Ann Oncol 12:605-14. 2001..The study also sought to recommend doses for subsequent disease-specific studies, identify clinically significant pharmacokinetic interactions, and detect preliminary antitumor activity...
- Prophylactic dexamethasone decreases the incidence of sore throat and hoarseness after tracheal extubation with a double-lumen endobronchial tubeSang Hyun Park
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, 300 Gumi dong, Seongnam City, Kyeonggi Do, 463 802, Korea
Anesth Analg 107:1814-8. 2008..are common complications after tracheal intubation, particularly after using a double-lumen endobronchial tube (DLT)...
- Cisplatin, raltitrexed, levofolinic acid and 5-fluorouracil in locally advanced or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a phase I-II trial of the Southern Italy Cooperative Oncology Group (SICOG)F Caponigro
Medical Oncology A, National Tumor Institute G Pascale, Napoli, Italy
Ann Oncol 11:575-80. 2000..Preclinical data support the combination of CDDP and raltitrexed. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the combination of cisplatin, raltitrexed. LFA and 5-FU in a phase I-II study...
- Escalating doses of paclitaxel and epirubicin in combination with cisplatin in advanced ovarian epithelial carcinoma: a phase I-II studyVittorio Gebbia
Department of Experimental Oncology, University of Palermo, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 14:359-64. 2003..A phase I study was carried out to evaluate the dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) and the maximally tolerated dose (MTD) of PXT and EPI in combination with a fixed dose of cisplatin every 4 weeks...
- A phase I-II study of bi-weekly gemcitabine and irinotecan as second-line chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer after prior taxane + platinum-based regimensChristos Kosmas
Second Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Metaxa Cancer Hospital, Piraues, 21 Apolloniou Street, 16341, Athens, Greece
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 59:51-9. 2007..In the present phase I-II study, we evaluated the feasibility and efficacy of bi-weekly gemcitabine (GEM) + irinotecan (CPT-11) in patients with relapsed NSCLC...
- [Weekly paclitaxel with concurrent intensity-modulated radiotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: outcomes of a tolerance trial]Chun Yan Chen
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 26:398-402. 2007..This study was to define the maximal tolerant dose (MTD) of paclitaxel in weekly paclitaxel with concurrent intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for local-regionally advanced NPC...
- Fecal calprotectin correlates more closely with the Simple Endoscopic Score for Crohn's disease (SES-CD) than CRP, blood leukocytes, and the CDAIAlain M Schoepfer
Farncombe Family Institute of Digestive Health Research, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 105:162-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the correlation between the SES-CD and fecal calprotectin, C-reactive protein (CRP), blood leukocytes, and the Crohn's disease activity index (CDAI).
- Low-dose budesonide treatment for prevention of postoperative recurrence of Crohn's disease: a multicentre randomized placebo-controlled trial. German Budesonide Study GroupK Ewe
I Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:277-82. 1999..Endoscopic recurrence of Crohn's disease frequently occurs within weeks after 'curative' operation. Treatment with 3 x 1 mg oral pH-modified release budesonide was tried to prevent postoperative recurrence...
- Irinotecan and mitomycin C in 5-fluorouracil-refractory colorectal cancer patients. A phase I/II study of the Southern Italy Cooperative Oncology GroupP Comella
Division of Medical Oncology A, National Tumour Institute, Naples, Italy
Oncology 60:127-33. 2001....
- Randomized, controlled trial of recombinant human interleukin-11 in patients with active Crohn's diseaseB E Sands
Gastrointestinal Unit and Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 02114, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:399-406. 2002..Interleukin-11 is a mesenchymally derived cytokine with pleiotropic activities. A pilot study suggested therapeutic benefit of recombinant human interleukin-11 (rhIL-11) in patients with Crohn's disease...
- Phase I study of temozolomide and escalating doses of oral etoposide for adults with recurrent malignant gliomaDavid N Korones
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Cancer 97:1963-8. 2003..Temozolomide may prove more effective in combination with other agents. Therefore, combination oral chemotherapy for these patients is a particularly attractive approach...
- Phase I trial of intravenous aviscumine (rViscumin) in patients with solid tumors: a study of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer New Drug Development GroupP Schoffski
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Ann Oncol 15:1816-24. 2004..The current study was performed to determine the safety profile, dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) and maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of the intravenous (i.v.) administration of aviscumine in cancer patients...
- Azathioprine as a postoperative prophylaxis reduces symptoms in aggressive Crohn's diseasePär Myrelid
Department of Surgery, Unit of Colorectal Surgery, Linkoping University Hospital, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:1190-5. 2006..This study comprises a subset of CD patients considered to have an aggressive disease course and chosen for treatment with Aza postoperatively...
- Medium-term results of oral tacrolimus treatment in refractory inflammatory bowel diseaseSiew C Ng
St Mark s Hospital, Harrow, UK
Inflamm Bowel Dis 13:129-34. 2007..This study aimed to evaluate the efficacy of oral tacrolimus in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) refractory to conventional therapy, including azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine, and infliximab...
- Adalimumab induction therapy for Crohn disease previously treated with infliximab: a randomized trialWilliam J Sandborn
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Intern Med 146:829-38. 2007..No anti-TNF agent has been evaluated prospectively in patients with Crohn disease who had responded to another anti-TNF agent and then lost that response or were intolerant of the agent...
- Capecitabine in combination with docetaxel and mitomycin C in patients with pre-treated tumours: results of an extended phase-I trialT Ernst
Onkologisches Zentrum, III Medizinische Klinik, Medizinische Fakultät Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, Mannheim 68167, Germany
Br J Cancer 97:1475-9. 2007..Cycles were repeated every 3 weeks. The primary aim was to determine the dose-limiting toxicities (DLT) during the first two treatment cycles and the maximum tolerated dose (MTD)...
- Crohn's disease activity assessed by fecal calprotectin and lactoferrin: correlation with Crohn's disease activity index and endoscopic findingsTaina Sipponen
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:40-6. 2008..We evaluated the clinical significance of these neutrofil-derived proteins in assessment of Crohn's disease activity by comparing them with endoscopic disease activity and with Crohn's disease activity index (CDAI) and serum CRP.
- Inflation of the distal cuff by saline reduces the incidence of malposition of the bronchial tube during lung separation in patients receiving nitrous oxideManzo Suzuki
Department of Anesthesiology, Second Hospital Nippon Medical School, Kanagawa, Japan
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:838-42. 2007A common problem during lung separation is malposition of the double-lumen tube (DLT). It was hypothesized that inflation of the distal cuff with saline instead of air may reduce the incidence of malposition of the endobronchial tube.
- Dose escalation study of epirubicin and docetaxel in patients with advanced or recurrent breast cancerIchiro Ichinose
Department of Medicine, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Chemotherapy 54:379-85. 2008..To develop a combination of epirubicin (EPI) and docetaxel (DTX) in Japan, dose escalation and pharmacokinetic studies were performed in patients with advanced or recurrent breast cancer...
- Serum anti-toxin B antibody correlates with protection from recurrent Clostridium difficile infection (CDI)Brett A Leav
MassBiologics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Vaccine 28:965-9. 2010..Previous studies have demonstrated a correlation between Clostridium difficile anti-toxin A serum antibodies and protection against symptomatic disease and recurrence...
- Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) suppresses tumour necrosis factor alpha and accelerates healing in patients with Crohn's disease - A controlled clinical trialSimone Krebs
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Freiburg, Germany
Phytomedicine 17:305-9. 2010..Minimum score of 200 on Crohn's Disease Activity Index (CDAI) was required at baseline for inclusion in each group...
- Age, dose, and time-dependency of plasma and tissue distribution of deltamethrin in immature ratsKyu Bong Kim
Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Inje University, Gimhae, Gyongam 621 749, Korea
Toxicol Sci 115:354-68. 2010The major objective of this project was to characterize the systemic disposition of the pyrethroid, deltamethrin (DLT), in immature rats, with emphasis on the age dependence of target organ (brain) dosimetry...
- A novel toxicity scoring system treating toxicity response as a quasi-continuous variable in Phase I clinical trialsZhengjia Chen
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, United States
Contemp Clin Trials 31:473-82. 2010..all current Phase I designs, toxicity response is treated coarsely as a binary indicator of dose limiting toxicity (DLT) and a lot of useful toxicity information is discarded...
- Phase I trial of continuous infusion flavopiridol, a novel cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, in patients with refractory neoplasmsA M Senderowicz
Developmental Therapeutics Program Clinical Trials Unit, Medicine Branch, Biostatistics and Data Management Section, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:2986-99. 1998....
- Radiation therapy and concurrent fixed dose amifostine with escalating doses of twice-weekly gemcitabine in advanced pancreatic cancerA A Yavuz
Department of Radiation Oncology, Karadeniz Technical University, Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:974-81. 2001To determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) of twice-weekly gemcitabine (TW-G) when administered in conjunction with fixed dose amifostine (A) during external radiotherapy (RT) in patients with advanced ..
- No evidence of de novo amyloidosis in recipients of domino liver transplantation: 12 to 40 (mean 24) month follow-upPaulo Lisboa Bittencourt
Liver Unit, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil
Amyloid 9:194-6. 2002Domino liver transplantation (DLT) has been performed for selected recipients at several centers, but de novo amyloidosis in recipients of livers from patients with familial amyloid polyneuropathy (FAP) remains a serious concern.
- Capecitabine in combination with mitomycin C in patients with gastrointestinal cancer: results of an extended multicentre phase-I trialR D Hofheinz
Onkologisches Zentrum, III Medizinische Klinik, Fakultät für Klinische Medizin Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer, D 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Br J Cancer 91:834-8. 2004The aim of this study was to determine the dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) and establish the recommended dose for mitomycin C added every 3 weeks to the standard combination dose of capecitabine...
- Audit of double-lumen endobronchial intubationA H Seymour
Department of Anaesthetics, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, Bordesley Green East, Birmingham B9 5SS, UK
Br J Anaesth 93:525-7. 2004Many technical variations are possible in the placing and management of a double-lumen tube (DLT). We surveyed our practice to relate these variations to the course of the anaesthetic.
- Experimental study on the use of intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) in patients with steroid-resistant Crohn's diseaseA Chrissafidou
Marienhospital Bottrop, Abteilung fur Innere Medizin, Bottrop, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 45:605-8. 2007..Over time, however, approx. 20 % of patients develop steroid resistance. In these cases, alternative treatment methods are required. Short-term application of intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) may serve as an additional alternative...
- Properties of corynephage attachment site and molecular epidemiology of Corynebacterium ulcerans isolated from humans and animals in JapanYukiji Seto
Department of Bacterial Pathogenesis and Infection Control, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 61:116-22. 2008..leo generated only phospholipase D (PLD), the other isolates produced both PLD and diphtheria-like toxin (DLT). Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis analysis showed that isolates from P. leo and humans were genetically homologous...
- Pralatrexate, a dihydrofolate reductase inhibitor for the potential treatment of several malignanciesJulian R Molina
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
IDrugs 11:508-21. 2008..In phase I clinical trials, the DLT for pralatrexate was mucositis, which could be abrogated with folic acid and vitamin B12 supplementation...
- A phase II multiple dose clinical trial of histone deacetylase inhibitor ITF2357 in patients with relapsed or progressive multiple myelomaMonica Galli
Div of Hematology, Ospedali Riuniti, Largo Barozzi, 1, 24128, Bergamo, Italy
Ann Hematol 89:185-90. 2010..Since two of them experienced a dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) during the first cycle, the subsequent patients received 100 mg ITF2357 twice daily...
- The Simplified Disease Activity Index and Clinical Disease Activity Index to monitor patients in standard clinical careDaniel Aletaha
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 35:759-72, viii. 2009..and simple indices, such as the Simplified Disease Activity Index (SDAI) and the Clinical Disease Activity Index (CDAI)...
- A randomized clinical trial comparing advanced pneumatic truncal, chest, and arm treatment to arm treatment only in self-care of arm lymphedemaSheila H Ridner
Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, 461 21st Avenue South, Godchaux Hall, Nashville, TN 37240, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:147-58. 2012..although not empirically tested, therapeutic intervention delivered during decongestive lymphatic therapy (DLT)...
- Dose-finding clinical trial design for ordinal toxicity grades using the continuation ratio model: an extension of the continual reassessment methodEmily M Van Meter
Division of Cancer Biostatistics, Markey Cancer Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
Clin Trials 9:303-13. 2012..continual reassessment method (CRM), dichotomize toxicity outcomes based on prespecified dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) criteria...
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of elisidepsin (PM02734) in patients with advanced solid tumorsR Salazar
Instituto Catalán de Oncología, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Avda Gran Via 199 203, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 70:673-81. 2012To determine the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), and recommended phase II dose (RD) of elisidepsin.
- Comorbidities are associated with poorer outcomes in community patients with rheumatoid arthritisVeena K Ranganath
University of California at Los Angeles, 1000 Veteran Avenue, Rehab Building 32 59, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:1809-17. 2013..the impact of comorbidities on achieving remission by examining changes in the clinical disease activity index (CDAI) in RA patients in the community-based Consortium of Rheumatology Researchers of North America (CORRONA) registry.
- Lack association of body mass index with disease activity composites of rheumatoid arthritis in Korean population: cross-sectional observationJung Yoon Choe
Devision of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Arthritis and Autoimmunity Research Center, Catholic University of Daegu School of Medicine, 3056 6 Daemyung 4 dong, Namgu, Daegu, 705 718, South Korea
Clin Rheumatol 33:485-92. 2014..composites including the Disease Activity Score 28 (DAS28) and the Clinical/Simplified Disease Activity Index (CDAI/SDAI) were assessed...
- Phase I clinical trial of ifosfamide, oxaliplatin, and etoposide (IOE) in pediatric patients with refractory solid tumorsCatherine G Lam
Departments of Oncology Biostatistics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Memphis, TN Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Penn State Hershey Children s Hospital, Hershey, PA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 37:e13-8. 2015..Dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) and MTD were assessed at 3 dose levels in a 21-day regimen: day 1, oxaliplatin 130 mg/m (consistent dose); days 1 ..
- VirR-Mediated Resistance of Listeria monocytogenes against Food Antimicrobials and Cross-Protection Induced by Exposure to Organic Acid SaltsJihun Kang
Department of Food Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 81:4553-62. 2015..An experiment with a β-glucuronidase (GUS) reporter fusion with the dlt promoter indicated that nisin does not specifically induce VirR-dependent upregulation of dltABCD...
- Current Status of Single-Agent Phase I Trials in Japan: Toward GlobalizationHidenori Mizugaki
All authors National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Oncol 33:2051-61. 2015..However, the key findings of phase I trials in Japan and the West, such as dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) profiles and MTD or MAD levels, have not been compared.
- The importance of the Crohn's disease activity index in surgery for small bowel Crohn's diseaseJ S Lee
Department of Surgery, St Vincent s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Suwon, Republic of Korea
J Visc Surg 153:339-345. 2016..the relationship between postoperative morbidity in these patients as measured by three different scoring tools: general surgical risk (POSSUM score), disease activity (CDAI), and nutritional screening (nutritional prognostic index).
- Increased Enterococcus faecalis infection is associated with clinically active Crohn diseaseYoulian Zhou
aDepartment of Gastroenterology, Guangzhou Digestive Disease Center, Guangzhou First People s Hospital, Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou bThe First People s Foshan Hospital, Chancheng District, Foshan, Guangdong cDepartment of Pediatrics, Guangzhou First People s Hospital, Guangzhou Medical University dGuangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Gastroenterology, Department of Gastroenterology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, P R China
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e5019. 2016..015), Crohn disease activity index (CDAI; R = 0.3118, P = 0.0108), and fecal calprotectin (P = 0.016)...
- A chimeric anti-TNFalpha monoclonal antibody (cA2) in vivo removes TNFalpha-producing cells in Crohn's diseaseJ M Urra
Service of Immunology, Complejo Hospitalario de Ciudad Real, Spain
Hum Antibodies 10:91-4. 2001..Initially the patient, with severe Crohn's disease (Crohn's disease activity index CDAI > 350), presented a higher number of peripheral blood TNFalpha-producing cells than healthy controls...
- Phase I trial of weekly irinotecan combined with UFT as second-line treatment for advanced colorectal cancerV Alonso
Division of Medical Oncology, Miguel Servet Hospital, Zaragoza, Spain
Eur J Cancer 37:2385-91. 2001The aim of this study was to determine the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) and dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) of weekly Irinotecan (CPT-11) plus UFT, and to assess the antitumour activity of this combination as second-line chemotherapy in ..
- Staphylococcus aureus strains lacking D-alanine modifications of teichoic acids are highly susceptible to human neutrophil killing and are virulence attenuated in miceL Vincent Collins
Department of Rheumatology, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
J Infect Dis 186:214-9. 2002..The dlt operon mediates d-alanine incorporation into teichoic acids in the staphylococcal cell envelope and is a ..
- Changes in acute phase proteins after anti-tumor necrosis factor antibody (infliximab) treatment in patients with Crohn's diseaseV Kupcova
Department of Internal Medicine, Derer s Hospital, Medical Faculty of Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Physiol Res 52:89-93. 2003..Clinical activity (assessed by Crohn's disease activity index - CDAI), alpha-1-acid glycoprotein, haptoglobin, cholinesterase and prealbumin were assessed before and in months 1 and 5 ..
- Phase I study of weekly mitoxantrone and docetaxel before prostatectomy in patients with high-risk localized prostate cancerTomasz M Beer
Divisions of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health Sciences University and Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:1306-11. 2004The purpose is to determine the dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) and maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) of mitoxantrone and docetaxel administered weekly before prostatectomy in men with localized prostate cancer at high risk for recurrence.
- A Phase I trial of protracted oral fixed-dose temozolomideSuzanne F Jones
The Sarah Cannon Research Institute, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Cancer 104:1985-91. 2005The current Phase I trial was conducted to determine the dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), maximum tolerated dose, and recommended Phase II dose of oral fixed-dose temozolomide when administered for 5 of every 7 days on a continuous basis.
- Phase I pharmacokinetic and pharmacogenomic study of E7070 administered once every 21 daysYasuhide Yamada
Medical Oncology Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Sci 96:721-8. 2005..Twenty-one patients received between one and eight cycles of E7070. The dose-limiting toxicities (DLT) comprised leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, elevation of aspartate aminotransferase, colitis, and ileus...
- Thoracic radiation therapy and concomitant low-dose daily paclitaxel in non-small cell lung cancer: a phase I studyCarlo Gobitti
Radiation Oncology Department, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, National Cancer Institute, 33081 Aviano, Italy
Oncol Rep 14:1647-53. 2005..Two out of 6 patients experienced acute dose limiting toxicity (DLT) at the 12 mg/m2/day PTX dose level...
- Liposomal oxaliplatin in the treatment of advanced cancer: a phase I studyGeorge P Stathopoulos
First Oncology Department Errikos Dunant Hospital, Athens, Greece
Anticancer Res 26:1489-93. 2006..Our objectives were to determine the adverse reactions, dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) and the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of lipoxal.
- Phase I study of TZT-1027, a novel synthetic dolastatin 10 derivative and inhibitor of tubulin polymerization, which was administered to patients with advanced solid tumors on days 1 and 8 in 3-week coursesKenji Tamura
Department of Medical Oncology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 60:285-93. 2007To determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), and pharmacokinetics of TZT-1027 (soblidotin), a dolastatin 10 analogue, in Japanese patients with advanced solid tumors when administered on days 1 and 8 in 3-..
- Relationship between disease severity, quality of life and health-care resource use in a cross-section of Australian patients with Crohn's diseasePeter R Gibson
Monash University Department of Medicine and Department of Gastroenterology, Box Hill Hospital, Box Hill, Victoria, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1306-12. 2007..This study aimed to correlate disease severity with health-related quality of life and with health-care resource use, to allow evaluation of the cost effectiveness of these treatments...
- A phase I study of docetaxel and bexaroteneJonathan D Wildi
Department of Medicine, Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Chemotherapy 54:125-30. 2008We conducted a single-arm, dose-escalation, phase 1 clinical trial in order to define the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) of bexarotene in combination with docetaxel.
- Domino liver transplantation using a graft from a donor with familial hypercholesterolemia: seven-yr follow-upIrinel Popescu
Center of General Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Fundeni Clinical Institute, Bucharest, Romania
Clin Transplant 23:565-70. 2009..Only preliminary results of this domino liver transplantation (DLT) were published in 2003, without a long-term analysis of the hypercholesterolemic effects in recipient...
- Comparison of three rheumatoid arthritis disease activity scores in clinical routineB Rintelen
Second Department of Medicine, Centre for Rheumatology, Lower Austria, State Hospital Stockerau, Karl Landsteiner Institute for Clinical Rheumatology, Stockerau, Austria
Scand J Rheumatol 38:336-41. 2009..activity cut-off values for the Simplified Disease Activity Index (SDAI) and the Clinical Disease Activity Index (CDAI) are in congruence with the Disease Activity Score including a 28-joint count (DAS28) disease activity criteria in ..
- Potential efficacy of the oral histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat in a phase I trial in follicular and mantle cell lymphomaTakashi Watanabe
Hematology and Stem Cell Transplantation Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:196-200. 2010..Vorinostat was well tolerated up to 200 mg with only one of six patients developing a dose-limiting toxicity (DLT; Grade 3 anorexia/hypokalemia)...
- Phase I feasibility trial of stereotactic body radiation therapy for primary hepatocellular carcinomaHiginia R Cardenes
Department of Radiation Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Clin Transl Oncol 12:218-25. 2010..Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is increasing in incidence and the majority of patients are not candidates for radical therapies. Therefore, interest in minimally invasive therapies in growing...
- Pediatric phase I trial and pharmacokinetic study of vorinostat: a Children's Oncology Group phase I consortium reportMaryam Fouladi
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3623-9. 2010The purpose of this study was to determine the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicities (DLT), and pharmacokinetics of vorinostat administered as a single agent and in combination 13-cis retinoic acid (13cRA) in children ..
- Prognostic evaluation of early rheumatoid arthritisLicia Maria Henrique da Mota
Rheumatology Department of the Hospital Universitário de Brasília da Universidade de Brasília, Brasilia
Swiss Med Wkly 140:w13100. 2010..based on 28 joints (DAS 28), the simplified disease activity index (SDAI) and the clinical disease activity index (CDAI)...
- Dose-finding study and pharmacogenomic analysis of fixed-rate infusion of gemcitabine, irinotecan and bevacizumab in pretreated metastatic colorectal cancer patientsA Abajo
Laboratory of Pharmacogenomics, Division of Oncology, Center for Applied Medical Research CIMA, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Br J Cancer 103:1529-35. 2010To determine the dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), maximum tolerated dose, recommended dose (RD) and preliminary evidence of activity of escalating doses of irinotecan (CPT-11) fixed-dose-rate infusional gemcitabine (FDR-GMB) and bevacizumab ..
- Evaluation of disease activity indices in Korean patients with rheumatoid arthritisSo Yeon Park
Department of Rheumatology, Hanyang University Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Seoul 133 792, Republic of Korea
Rheumatol Int 32:545-9. 2012..28-C-reactive protein (CRP), the simplified disease activity index (SDAI), and the clinical disease activity index (CDAI) against the DAS28-erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and determine cut-off values for each tool in Korean ..
- Erlotinib and chemoradiation in patients with surgically resected locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a GICOR phase I trialF Arias de la Vega
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Ann Oncol 23:1005-9. 2012..Phase I study aims to determine the maximum tolerated dose and dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) of adding erlotinib to chemoradiation therapy in patients with surgically resected locally advanced SCCHN.
- [The importance of bronchoscopic anatomy for anesthesiologists]Tulay Hosten
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Faculty of Medicine, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 59:416-26. 2011..Optimal and misplacement images of double-lumen tubes (DLT) and bronchial blockers (BB) used for OLV in our clinic were obtained via fiber optic bronchoscopy...
- Genome-wide transcriptional profiling of the cell envelope stress response and the role of LisRK and CesRK in Listeria monocytogenesPia Kiil Nielsen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Microbiology 158:963-74. 2012..of genes that were strongly induced by cefuroxime exposure have cell-envelope-related functions, including the dlt operon and the gene encoding penicillin-binding protein PBPD2...
- Comparison of different camera calibration approaches for underwater applicationsAmanda Piaia Silvatti
University of Campinas, SP, Brazil
J Biomech 45:1112-6. 2012..three camera calibration approaches applied to underwater applications: (1) static control points with nonlinear DLT; (2) moving wand with nonlinear camera model and bundle adjustment; (3) moving plate with nonlinear camera model...
- Phase I study of arsenic trioxide and temozolomide in combination with radiation therapy in patients with malignant gliomasSean A Grimm
Department of Neurology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Neurooncol 110:237-43. 2012..2 mg/kg; (2) TMZ 75 mg/m(2)/ATO 0.2 mg/kg; (3) TMZ 75 mg/m(2)/ATO 0.25 mg/kg. Dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) was defined as grade 3 non-hematologic toxicity or grade 4 toxicity of any type from enrollment until 3 weeks ..
- Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modelling-based optimisation of administration schedule for the histone deacetylase inhibitor abexinostat (S78454/PCI-24781) in phase ISylvain Fouliard
Institut de Recherches Internationales Servier, Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Suresnes, France
Eur J Cancer 49:2791-7. 2013..The dose limiting toxicity (DLT), consistently observed across all these schedules, was reversible thrombocytopenia...
- Fatty Acid Synthase Inhibitors: Ovarian Cancer TherapyALBERT OWENS; Fiscal Year: 2007..cell line OVCAR-3; 3) a determination of the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and dose limiting toxicity (DLT) in BALB/C mice on low and high fat diets; and, 4) efficacy studies using OVCAR-3 xenografts grown in athymic BALB/..
- Correlative Studies for NCI Study#7916: Phase I Clinical Trial of Intravenous FAUPatricia Mucci LoRusso; Fiscal Year: 2010..when administered as a 1-hour infusion on days 1-5 of a 28-day cycle, to determine the dose limiting toxicities (DLT), and to establish the maximum tolerated dose (MTD)...
- Phase 1 of AR-42 in relapsed CLL, lymphoma, myelomaCraig C Hofmeister; Fiscal Year: 2012..AR-42 Mon/Wed/Fri in cycles of 28 days (three weeks on, one week off) to determine dose limiting toxicity (DLT), maximum tolerated dose (MTD), and toxicity profile of AR-42;2a) To examine circulating CLL cells from patients ..
- Hsp90 as a Target for the Treatment of Childhood CancerRochelle Bagatell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Primary objectives of the trial will be to establish the Dose Limiting Toxicity (DLT) and the Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) of 17-DMAG in these patients and to assess the extent to which the MTD of ..
- A Novel Therapy for the Treatment of Chest Wall Progression of Breast CancerGary S Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2010..a first-generation prototype CLIPT System that is presently being used in a Phase I, dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) human clinical trial with highly promising results...
- Phase I Study of Humanized 3F8 Monoclonal Antibody (Hu3F8) in Patients with High-Nai Kong V Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2012..the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) with minimal/no pain side effects, and MTD with no dose-limiting toxicity (DLT). The secondary goal is to study the pharmacokinetics (PK) of hu3F8. The last goal is to assess anti-tumor activity...
- Enteric-Coated Oral Beclomethasone Dipropionate in Patients with Acute EnteritisCHRISTOPHER JOSEPH SCHABER; Fiscal Year: 2010..4-weeks post-RT, or until the patient is withdrawn earlier from the study, and will be reviewed for assessment of DLT. The safety results will be reviewed by the Principal Investigator(s) (PIs) and the DOR Medical Monitor...
- Modulating the tumor micro-environment in CLL using flavopiridol and lenalidomideKristie Blum; Fiscal Year: 2009..escalation trial of flavopiridol and lenalidomide to determine the specific toxicities, dose limiting toxicity (DLT), maximum tolerated dose (MTD), and preliminary efficacy of this combination in patients with previously treated B-..
- COMBINED RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY & CHEMOTHERAPY--COLON CANCERMalik Juweid; Fiscal Year: 1999..The dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) and the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of combined RAIT and 5-FU-LV has therefore, to be established experimentally, ..
- A Phase I Study of Single Agent Flavopiridol in B-Cell *Thomas Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007..using this dosing schedule in patients with relapsed B-NHL, in order to determine the dose limiting toxicity (DLT), maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and toxicity profile of this dosing schedule in 1) indolent B-NHL, 2) MCL, and 3) ..
- MAX DALE COOPER; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recent studies indicate that VLRA assembly and expression coincides with expression of cytidine deaminase 1 (CDA1) only within the lymphoepithelial thymoid gill region, whereas VLRB and CDA2 expression occurs primarily in ..
- MAX DALE COOPER; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recent studies indicate that while VLRA gene assembly coincides with expression of cytidine deaminase 1 (CDA1) within the lymphoepithelial thymoid gill region, coincident VLRB and CDA2 expression instead occurs primarily in ..
- LINETTE BOSQUES; Fiscal Year: 2015..This project will help us elucidate the role that codanin plays in control o erythropoiesis and megakaryopoiesis in attempts to better understand the mechanisms of bone marrow failure disorders. ..
- Stephan R Targan; Fiscal Year: 2015..CD patients treated with anti-IFN-y MAb showed marked clinical improvement (decreased CDAI) and reduction in CRP...
- Jennifer L Collinger; Fiscal Year: 2014..first author publications are expected to result from this work and the nominee will submit a CDA2 proposal as the CDA1 nears completion...
- Steven A Yukl; Fiscal Year: 2015..The knowledge thus gained may ultimately contribute to new and improved therapies aimed at eradication or lifelong coexistence with HIV. ..
- Quantification of HIV-1 Reservoirs in the GutSteven Yukl; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Impact of Cognitive Reserve on Memory Functioning in Multiple SclerosisJAMES FRANCIS SUMOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2012..Finally, as a tertiary aim, I will perform the first investigation ofthe neuroanatomical basis of CR in persons with MS. ..
- Statistical Methods and Issues for Implementing Adaptive Phase I TrialsDaniel P Normolle; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 5 proposes methods for inference about the DLT rate for each dose after a Phase I trial has completed enrollment, information that is rarely considered once a ..
- Molecular Correlates--Oxaliplatin/5FU/XRT, Esophageal CALakshmi Pendyala; Fiscal Year: 2002..between PK and changes in intratumoral gene expression and 4) maximum tolerated dose (MTD), dose limiting toxicity (DLT), and the potential therapeutic responses to OXP when given with continuous infusion 5FU + XRT...
- Immunotoxin-Induced Vascular Leak SyndromeEllen Vitetta; Fiscal Year: 2005..The response rate has been 40% and the dose limiting toxicity (DLT) has been vascular leak syndrome (VLS)...
- Phase ii intraperitoneal rhIL 12Ralph Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have determined the dose limiting toxicity (DLT) of IP rhIL-12 (Genetics Institute) in a phase I clinical trial in a once weekly IP injection schedule...
- RAIT OF LUNG CANCER WITH RESIDUALIZING LABELSRhona Stein; Fiscal Year: 2000..we will begin by seeking to find an alternative conjugation chemistry which will retain the benefits of the DLT methodology used in our work thus far (i.e...
- ZINC SUPPLEMENTATION IN CROHN'S DISEASE PATIENTSRobert DiSilvestro; Fiscal Year: 2001..Crohn's disease (N=15), beneficially impacts measurements of general zinc function, Crohn's disease activity index (CDAI), immune function and free radical-mediated oxidant stress...
- DEVELOPMENT OF POLY-L-GLUTAMIC ACID PACLITAXEL CONJUGATESidney Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will determine MTD, DLT, pharmacokinetics, assess toxicity, and document patient costs...
- Mark R Conaway; Fiscal Year: 2016..follow a 'simple order' because the ordering of the probabilities of a 'dose-limiting toxicity'(DLT) for any pair of doses is known;administration of greater doses of the agent can be expected to produce DLT's ..
- A Phase I/II Clinical Trial of Intravenous (I.V.) Calcitriol with Fixed Doses ofNithya Ramnath; Fiscal Year: 2009..phase I/II clinical study will be (1) to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and dose limiting toxicities (DLT) of calcitriol in combination with cisplatin/docetaxel in patients with advanced NSCLC, (2) to assess the response ..
- Influence of the Host Cell Molecular Environment on Toxoplasma DevelopmentJay Radke; Fiscal Year: 2009..One host mRNA expressed in the Compound 1-altered cell, called cell division autoantigen 1 (CDA1), is able to induce parasite development when over-expressed in the infected host cell alone...
- A CLINICAL TRIAL OF THALIDOMIDE FOR CROHN'S DISEASEEli Ehrenpreis; Fiscal Year: 2000..Neither the patient or physician will be aware of the administered treatment. Crohn's Disease Activity Index (CDAI), a Physician Global Score, and blood work including CBC, erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), C reactive protein (..
- Effects of naltrexone on active Crohn's diseaseJill Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..with active Crohn's disease and found significant improvement in the Crohn's Disease Activity Index (CDAI) as well as endoscopic reversal of inflammation...
- NEUREXIN IV, GROWTH CONTROL, AND CANCERManzoor Bhat; Fiscal Year: 2002..Mutational analysis of the gene encoding this protein, discs lost (dlt), suggest that it may also play a role in the control of cell proliferation: in the absence of DLT protein, ..
- A Conceputal and Empirical Analysis of Cost AnalysisAaron Beaston Blaakman; Fiscal Year: 2005..an empirical reliability study of a brief, telephone-based, cost analysis instrument (Cost Data Audit Instrument, CDAI) used in the Alcohol and Drug Services Study (ADSS)...
- A Novel Dosing Schedule of Flavopiridol in CLLThomas Lin; Fiscal Year: 2006..in relapsed CLL patients with p53 dysfunction, and acute tumor lysis has been observed as a dose limiting toxicity (DLT)...
- PRECLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY OF CANCER & AIDS DRUGSNancy Turner; Fiscal Year: 1999..For each drug, it will be necessary to establish a maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and dose limiting toxicities (DLT) in both beagle dogs and rodents...
- Lapatinib in childhood CNS malignanciesMaryam Fouladi; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary aims of this proposal are a) to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), dose limiting toxicities (DLT) and pharmacokinetics (PK) of Lapatinib in children with recurrent CNS malignancies in a phase I study; b) to ..
- ORGANIZATION OF APICAL CELL JUNCTIONS IN EYEKwang Wook Choi; Fiscal Year: 2005..domain (Crb intra) can recruit a MAGUK family protein Stardust (Sdt) and a PDZ domain protein Discs-lost (Dlt) to form a protein complex...
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The principal investigator seeks to become an independent clinical investigator by completing the didactic and scientific portions of this proposal. ..
- IMURAN Dose Ranging Study in Crohn's DiseaseBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- CLINICAL TRIALS OF FLAVOPIRIDOL WITH CHEMOTHERAPYGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..Continue to examine the mechanisms by which flavopiridol potentiates CPT-11 induced apoptosis, which should provide the opportunity to identify new biomarkers of response for these flavopiridol drug combinations. ..
- Multi-site Trial of Azathioprine Dosing in Crohn DiseaseStephen Hanauer; Fiscal Year: 2004..Predictive models will be performed to assess responsiveness based upon initial and inducible TPMT activity and achievable 6-TGN and 6-MMPR metabolite based upon incremental AZA dosing. ..
- OSCCAR: A Novel, Population-based Prospective Inception Cohort of Inflammatory BoBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- An Exploratory Study of UCN-01 and Irinotecan in Advanced Triple Negative BreastPaula Fracasso; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase I Trial of Safingol and CisplatinGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..conduct "proof of principle" biological assays to measure the degree of ceramide production and/or S1P inhibition, either of which may be predictive of clinical outcome or toxicity. ..
- MENTORING FOR NEW CANCER THERAPEAUTICSGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..This K24 award mechanism represents the essence of what we are proposing and for which support is needed. ..
- Multi-site Trial of Azathioprine Dosing in Crohn DiseaseStephen Hanauer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Predictive models will be performed to assess responsiveness based upon initial and inducible TPMT activity and achievable 6-TGN and 6-MMPR metabolite based upon incremental AZA dosing. ..
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR RESEARCH CENTERSusan Blaney; Fiscal Year: 2003..It offers leadership in the development of new agents, in new uses of sophisticated radiotherapy, and in the application of new approaches to brain tumor therapy. ..
- Phase II Study of Imatinib Mesylate in Patients with Inoperable Melanoma Gary K Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dose reductions are allowed in the setting of toxicity. Imaging studies will be performed on an every 6 week schedule. ..
- NABTT-Consortium Therapeutic Studies of CNS MalignanciesStuart Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- STUDY OF REG RECEPTOR-LIGAND BIOLOGY IN GI MUCOSABrian Dieckgraefe; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will also provide new insight into the role of Reg IV antagonists and lay the groundwork for development of therapeutic reagents active in gastrointestinal adenocarcinomas. ..
- Molecular Characterization of p53R2 in Head and Neck CaStuart Wong; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will identify and characterize the frequency of p53R2 gene SNPs in HNSCC patients and test the hypothesis that p53R2 gene SNPs predict adverse normal tissue radiation effects in HNSCC patients treated with radiation. ..
- Pirfenidone in Children with PNs in NF1Roger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Abstract Not Provided ..
- A Novel Vitamin D Target in Human Prostate CancerTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2007..New treatment targets are needed to develop new drugs to treat prostate cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second-leading cancer killer in US men. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHILDHOOD VACCINES AND DENTAL CARIES IMMUNITYDaniel Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable]..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Rapamycin as an Antineoplastic AgentEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the conclusion of the trial RAPA toxicity and effect on p-S6K will be defined over a range of doses as well as the MTD for use in future studies that will develop this agent. ..
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy of Malignant GliomasJohn Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- DFMO Prevention Study (2b) in Organ Transplant SubjectsHoward Bailey; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Chemoprevention of Skin Cancer - DFMO Phase III TrialHoward Bailey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ototoxicity and gastrointestinal toxicity have been most common). The objectives, which are unchanged from our original proposal, are all on schedule to be completed in the next 1-2 years. ..
- Cancer in the Middle Eastern Population in CaliforniaKiumarss Nasseri; Fiscal Year: 2004..Patterns in the Middle Eastern population and will be compared to patterns in other racial and ethnic groups in California. ..