Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD90
Description: Thy-1 cell surface antigen
Alias: CD90, CDw90, thy-1 membrane glycoprotein, Thy-1 T-cell antigen, thy-1 antigen
Publications382 found, 100 shown here
- Augmentation of the resistance against Listeria monocytogenes by oral administration of a hot water extract of Chlorella vulgaris in miceT Hasegawa
Laboratory of Germfree Life, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:191-202. 1994....
- Exogenous interleukin-3 enhances IL-4 production by splenic CD4+ cells during the early stages of a Trichinella spiralis infectionM Korenaga
Department of Parasitology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 117:131-7. 1998..IL-4 production was suppressed in rIL-3-treated mice injected with anti-CD4 mAb. These results suggest that IL-3 might play a role as Th2 amplifier in immune response to parasite infection...
- Thy-1 expression in human fibroblast subsets defines myofibroblastic or lipofibroblastic phenotypesLaura Koumas
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1291-300. 2003....
- An 8-gene signature, including methylated and down-regulated glutathione peroxidase 3, of gastric cancerXianglan Zhang
Cancer Metastasis Research Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Int J Oncol 36:405-14. 2010..Mechanism-wise GPX3 down-regulation in gastric cancer is due to promoter hypermethylation. Collectively, these results show a correct identification of 8 genes as gastric cancer biomarkers...
- Thy-1 multimerization is correlated with neurite outgrowthN K Mahanthappa
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125
Dev Biol 150:60-71. 1992..These results suggest that multimeric forms of Thy-1 inhibit process outgrowth and neurite sprouting by stabilizing the surface membrane and/or underlying cytoskeleton...
- The human Thy-1 gene: structure and chromosomal locationT Seki
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:6657-61. 1985..The structural gene for human Thy-1 was localized to the long arm of chromosome 11 by nucleic acid hybridization to genomic DNA isolated from somatic cell hybrids...
- An astrocytic binding site for neuronal Thy-1 and its effect on neurite outgrowthE B Dreyer
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:11195-9. 1995..The Thy-1-binding protein may participate in axonal or dendritic development in the nervous system...
- Expression of Thy-1 on human hematopoietic progenitor cellsW Craig
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Departments of Medicine, Pathology, and Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Exp Med 177:1331-42. 1993..Taken together our results indicate that Thy-1-specific antibody 5E10 is an attractive tool for further studies on the biology and purification of human stem cells...
- A ligand of human thy-1 is localized on polymorphonuclear leukocytes and monocytes and mediates the binding to activated thy-1-positive microvascular endothelial cells and fibroblastsA Saalbach
Department of Dermatology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 115:882-8. 2000..Cell adhesion assays and blocking experiments revealed a direct involvement of the Thy-1/Thy-1 ligand interaction in the binding of monocytes and polymorphonuclear leukocytes to Thy-1-positive activated endothelial cells and fibroblasts...
- The Thy-1/Thy-1 ligand interaction is involved in binding of melanoma cells to activated Thy-1- positive microvascular endothelial cellsA Saalbach
Department of Dermatology, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Microvasc Res 64:86-93. 2002....
- Human Thy-1 (CD90) on activated endothelial cells is a counterreceptor for the leukocyte integrin Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18)Anne Wetzel
Department of Dermatology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Immunol 172:3850-9. 2004..In our previous work, the human Ig superfamily glycoprotein Thy-1 (CD90) was identified as an activation-associated cell adhesion molecule on human dermal microvascular endothelial cells...
- Thy-1 regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration through modulation of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase activityThomas H Barker
Department of Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Exp Cell Res 295:488-96. 2004..We therefore conclude that Thy-1 surface expression regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration by modulating the activity of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase...
- Interaction of human Thy-1 (CD 90) with the integrin alphavbeta3 (CD51/CD61): an important mechanism mediating melanoma cell adhesion to activated endotheliumAnja Saalbach
Saxon Academy of Science, D 04107 Leipzig, Germany
Oncogene 24:4710-20. 2005..These data explain at least in part the high tumorigenicity of alphavbeta3-expressing melanoma cells and the association of alphavbeta3-positive melanoma cells with a high risk of metastasis and poor prognosis...
- Hepatic progenitor cells in human fetal liver express the oval cell marker Thy-1Neil M Masson
Tissue Injury and Repair Group, Department of Clinical and Surgical Sciences Surgery, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh, EH16 4SB, UK
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G45-54. 2006..These cells expressed several lineage markers, including coexpression of biliary and hepatocellular proteins and mRNA. These data suggest that Thy-1 is a marker of liver stem cells in human fetal liver...
- Significance of CD90+ cancer stem cells in human liver cancerZhen Fan Yang
Center for Cancer Research and Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Cell 13:153-66. 2008..The CD90+ cells, but not the CD90(-) cells, from HCC cell lines displayed tumorigenic capacity...
- Direct Thy-1/alphaVbeta3 integrin interaction mediates neuron to astrocyte communicationTamara Hermosilla
Program of Cell and Molecular Biology, FONDAP, Center for Molecular Studies of the Cell CEMC, Institute of Biomedical Sciences ICBM, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:1111-20. 2008..This interaction was promoted by divalent cations and was species-independent. Together, these results demonstrate that the alphavbeta3 integrin heterodimer interacts directly with Thy-1 present on neuronal cells to stimulate astrocytes...
- Thy-1 promoter hypermethylation: a novel epigenetic pathogenic mechanism in pulmonary fibrosisYan Y Sanders
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pulmonary Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 39:610-8. 2008..Epigenetic regulation of Thy-1 is a novel and potentially reversible mechanism in fibrosis that may offer the possibility of new therapeutic options...
- Getting a grip on Thy-1 signalingThomas H Barker
Biomedical Engineering, GA Tech Emory, 313 Ferst Drive, Ste 3111 Atlanta, GA 30332 0535, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:921-3. 2009..As knowledge of Thy-1 approaches its fiftieth year, it is critical to begin to synthesize insights from different fields to determine how this heretofore enigmatic molecule modulates cell behavior in both cis and trans...
- Tumor-promoting phenotype of CD90hi prostate cancer-associated fibroblastsHongjuan Zhao
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5118, USA
Prostate 69:991-1000. 2009Cancer-associated stroma contributes to the malignant behavior of adenocarcinomas of the prostate and other organs. CD90 is a marker of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and its expression is higher in prostate cancer stroma compared to ..
- Roles and regulation of Thy-1, a context-dependent modulator of cell phenotypeJohn E Bradley
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama Birmingham, AL, USA
Biofactors 35:258-65. 2009Thy-1 or CD90 is a glycophosphatidylinositol-linked glycoprotein expressed on the surface of neurons, thymocytes, subsets of fibroblasts, endothelial cells, mesangial cells and some hematopoietic cells...
- Gene expression down-regulation in CD90+ prostate tumor-associated stromal cells involves potential organ-specific genesLaura E Pascal
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
BMC Cancer 9:317. 2009..The tumor-associated stroma is marked by increased expression of CD90/THY1...
- Thy-1-integrin alphav beta5 interactions inhibit lung fibroblast contraction-induced latent transforming growth factor-beta1 activation and myofibroblast differentiationYong Zhou
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 285:22382-93. 2010..Our studies suggest that targeting key mechanotransducers to inhibit mechanotransduction might be an effective approach to inhibit the deleterious effects of myofibroblast contraction on lung fibrogenesis...
- CD90/THY1 is overexpressed in prostate cancer-associated fibroblasts and could serve as a cancer biomarkerLawrence D True
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6100, USA
Mod Pathol 23:1346-56. 2010..Quantitative proteomic analysis of N-glycosylated proteins detected an increased amount of CD90/THY1 in cancer supernatants compared with non-cancer supernatants...
- Overexpression of Thy1/CD90 in human hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with HBV infection and poor prognosisJeng Wei Lu
Department of Biotechnology, Asia University, Wufeng, Taichung, Taiwan
Acta Histochem 113:833-8. 2011Thy1/CD90 is an important marker of many types of stem cells. It functions as a tumor suppressor in ovarian cancer and in nasopharyngeal carcinoma...
- Absence of Thy-1 results in TGF-β induced MMP-9 expression and confers a profibrotic phenotype to human lung fibroblastsGustavo Ramirez
Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico DF, Mexico
Lab Invest 91:1206-18. 2011..These findings indicate that loss of Thy-1 in human lung fibroblasts induces a fibrogenic phenotype...
- Trastuzumab (herceptin) targets gastric cancer stem cells characterized by CD90 phenotypeJ Jiang
China Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Shanghai, China
Oncogene 31:671-82. 2012..In this study, we show that cells with the CD90 surface marker in gastric tumors could be enriched under non-adherent, serum-free and sphere-forming conditions...
- Human CD90 identifies Th17/Tc17 T cell subsets that are depleted in HIV-infected patientsMaude Guillot-Delost
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Université Paris 06, Unité Mixte de Recherche Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 7211 INSERM 959, 75005 Paris, France
J Immunol 188:981-91. 2012By revisiting CD90, a GPI-anchored glycoprotein, we show that CD90 is expressed by a subset of CD4(+) and CD8(+) human T cells...
- Up-regulation of thy-1 promotes invasion and metastasis of hepatocarcinomasBian Qiao Cheng
Department of Hepatology Center, Fuzhou General Hospital, Nanjing Military Area Command, Fuzhou, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:1349-53. 2012..Lower expression of E- cadherin but higher expressions of thy-1 were detected in hepg2 cells transfected with pReceiver-M29/thy-1. Taken together, our study suggested that thy-1 probably regulates liver cancer invasion and migration...
- Melanoma cells use Thy-1 (CD90) on endothelial cells for metastasis formationKathleen Schubert
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergology, Medical Faculty of the Leipzig University, Leipzig, Germany
Am J Pathol 182:266-76. 2013The cell adhesion molecule Thy-1 (CD90) mediates the adhesion of melanoma cells to activated human endothelial cells (EC) via the interaction with the αvβ3-integrin on the tumor cells in vitro...
- A CD90(+) tumor-initiating cell population with an aggressive signature and metastatic capacity in esophageal cancerKwan Ho Tang
Department of Pathology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Res 73:2322-32. 2013..Here, we report a CD90(+) cell population found in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC), which is endowed with stem cell-like ..
- The expression of CD90/Thy-1 in hepatocellular carcinoma: an in vivo and in vitro studyCaecilia Hapsari Ceriapuri Sukowati
Centro Studi Fegato, Fondazione Italiana Fegato, Trieste, Italy Department of Medical Sciences, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e76830. 2013Although the CD90 (Thy-1) was proposed as biomarker of several tumors and cancer stem cells, the involvement of this molecule in the progression of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and other less frequent hepatic neoplasms is still ..
- CD90 expression in atypical meningiomas and meningioma metastasisGiosuè Scognamiglio
From the Pathology Department
Am J Clin Pathol 141:841-9. 2014..A case of metastatic meningioma with high expression of CD90 was spotted during a review of flow cytometry data for lung malignancies...
- The role of the THY1 gene in human ovarian cancer suppression based on transfection studiesHarindra R Abeysinghe
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 608 Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 149:1-10. 2004..Taken together, the data suggest that THY1 is necessary but not sufficient to suppress ovarian tumorigenicity. Therefore, THY1 can be designated as a putative tumor suppressor gene for human ovarian cancer...
- Characterization of alphaX I-domain binding to Thy-1Jeongsuk Choi
Divisions of Science Education and Biology, Kangwon National University, Choonchun, Kangwon, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:557-61. 2005..Given the reported role of Thy-1 in the regulation of T cell homeostasis and proliferation, it is tempting to speculate that alphaX-beta2 may be involved in Thy-1 function...
- Human Thy-1 induces secretion of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and CXCL8 from human neutrophilsAnja Saalbach
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergology, Medical Faculty of the Leipzig University, Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Immunol 38:1391-403. 2008..Our results support the general concept that the function of 'adhesion molecules' in particular of human Thy-1, may not only be to provide mechanical support but also regulate neutrophil functions...
- Functional characterization of THY1 as a tumor suppressor gene with antiinvasive activity in nasopharyngeal carcinomaHong Lok Lung
Department of Clinical Oncology, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 127:304-12. 2010..These findings suggest that THY1 is a TSG in NPC, which is involved in invasion and shows an association with tumor metastasis. Taken together, THY1 clearly plays an important functional role in tumor suppression in NPC...
- CD34(+) cell subsets and long-term culture colony-forming cells evaluated on both autologous and normal bone marrow stroma predict long-term hematopoietic engraftment in patients undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationF Lanza
Section of Hematology and BMT Unit, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Advanced Therapies, University Hospital, Ferrara, Italy
Exp Hematol 29:1484-93. 2001....
- Enhancement of immunoglobulin A production in Peyer's patches by oral administration of a traditional Chinese medicine, xiao-chai-hu-tang (Shosaiko-to)Y Tauchi
Traditional Chinese Medicine Research Laboratories, Kanebo, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 15:251-72. 1993..2-TcR alpha beta+T cells in the mesenteric lymph nodes were slight increased. These results showed that orally administered Shosaiko-to acts as a polyclonal B-cell activator which induces IgA production in the mucosal immune system...
- A system for inducible gene expression in retinal ganglion cellsJohn B Kerrison
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:2932-9. 2005..To develop a system for inducible gene expression in retinal ganglion cells, Thy1 and ckit promoters were used to direct expression of a second-generation reverse tetracycline transactivator (rtTA2S-M2)...
- T-cell-activating monoclonal antibodies, reacting with both leukocytes and erythrocytes, recognize the guinea pig Thy-1 differentiation antigen: characterization and cloning of guinea pig CD90H Schafer
Department of Immunology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Cell Immunol 197:116-28. 1999..by immunoadsorption and microsequencing revealed that this T-cell-activating protein is the homologue of Thy-1 or CD90. In contrast to the Thy-1 antigen of most other species, guinea pig Thy-1 has a much higher molecular weight, which ..
- A decreased positivity for CD90 on human mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) is associated with a loss of immunosuppressive activity by MSCsDiana Campioni
Hematology Section, University, St Anna Hospital, Corso Giovecca n 203, Ferrara, Italy
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 76:225-30. 2009..The CD90+ hMSC reduced lymphoproliferative response in phytohemagglutinin (PHA) activated peripheral blood mononuclear cells ..
- Effects of retinoids on the TGF-beta system and extracellular matrix in experimental glomerulonephritisC Morath
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2300-9. 2001..It was concluded that the beneficial effects of retinoids on glomerular damage are presumably due to a marked reduction in renal TGF-beta 1 and TGF receptor II expression...
- Expression of CX3CL1/fractalkine by mesangial cells in vitro and in acute anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritis in ratsYung Ming Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, No 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei 10016, Taiwan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:2505-14. 2003..This study investigated the potential of MCs to synthesize CX3CL1/fractalkine, a CX3C chemokine, both in vitro and in acute anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritis in rats...
- Experimental African trypanosomiasis: a subset of pathogenic, IFN-gamma-producing, MHC class II-restricted CD4+ T cells mediates early mortality in highly susceptible miceMeiqing Shi
Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
J Immunol 176:1724-32. 2006..We speculate that IL-10-producing CD4+ T cells might counteract this effect...
- Bone marrow cells immunomagnetically selected for CD271+ antigen promote in vitro the repair of articular cartilage defectsTamara Hermida-Gómez
Biomedical Research Center, INIBIC Hospital Universitario A Coruña, University of A Coruna, A Coruna, Spain
Tissue Eng Part A 17:1169-79. 2011....
- NO mediates antifibrotic actions of L-arginine supplementation following induction of anti-thy1 glomerulonephritisHarm Peters
Division of Nephrology and Institute of Pathology, Charite, Campus Mitte, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Kidney Int 64:509-18. 2003..NO mediates antifibrotic actions of L-arginine supplementation following induction of anti-thy1 glomerulonephritis...
- Antibody-induced albuminuria and accelerated focal glomerulosclerosis in the Thy-1.1 transgenic mouseKarel J M Assmann
Department of Pathology, Division of Nephrology, University Medical Center Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 62:116-26. 2002..1 transgenic mouse. This mouse expresses a hybrid human-mouse Thy-1.1 antigen on the podocytes, and slowly but spontaneously develops albuminuria and focal glomerulosclerosis...
- Changes in the populations of null, NK1.1+, and Thy1lo lymphocytes in the bone marrow of tumor-bearing mice: effect of indomethacin treatmentM D Rahal
Department of Anatomy, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Immunol 139:218-28. 1992..The results suggest that the production of null lymphocytes in mouse bone marrow is responsive to tumor development, possibly providing cells to be involved in tumor-host interactions...
- Progressive damage along the optic nerve following induction of crush injury or rodent anterior ischemic optic neuropathy in transgenic miceO Dratviman-Storobinsky
The Krieger Eye Research Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Mol Vis 14:2171-9. 2008..To characterize the histological changes that occur in response to induction of ischemic or mechanical optic nerve damage in transgenic mice...
- Induction of tumoricidal macrophages from bone marrow cells of normal mice or mice bearing a colony-stimulating-factor-producing tumorS Hosoe
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Cancer Immunol Immunother 28:116-22. 1989..These results strongly suggest that M-CSF plays an important role not only in the maturation of macrophage progenitors but also in the induction and the accumulation of activated macrophages...
- Neonatal estrogen treatment and its consequences for thymus development, serum level of autoantibodies to cardiolipin, and the delayed-type hypersensitivity responseJ G Forsberg
Tornblad Institute, University of Lund, Sweden
J Toxicol Environ Health A 60:185-213. 2000..2 marker or percentages of CD4+/CD8+ DP or SP subsets in thymus and spleen, qualitative and quantitative differences occur in immune parameters (autoantibodies to cardiolipin) and a T-cell-dependent immune response (DTH)...
- Cellular volume and marker expression in human peripheral blood apheresis stem cellsSiddharth Sharma
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cytometry A 73:160-7. 2008..solution), or processed by Ficoll Hypaque sedimentation method were stained with CD45-FITC and PE-labeled CD34, CD90, CD117, and CD133 antibodies and analyzed for electronic volume and two color fluorescence...
- [Expression of THY1 gene in epithelial ovarian cancer]Li qin Zeng
Department of Gynecology, Guangdong Women s and Children s Hospital and Health Institute, Guangzhou 510010, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 31:118-20. 2009..To detect the expession of THY1 in ovarian serous cystadenocarcinoma tissues...
- Thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) is expressed by lymphatic vessels and mediates cell adhesion to lymphatic endotheliumGiorgia Jurisic
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 316:2982-92. 2010..mouse intestinal lymphatic endothelial cells versus blood vascular endothelial cells, thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) was expressed at much higher levels in lymphatic endothelial cells than in blood vascular endothelial cells...
- Persistent infection of mice by lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus: effects of immunosuppression on virus replication and antiviral immune responsesC O Onyekaba
Department of Microbiology, Medical School University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
Virus Res 14:297-315. 1989..The steady-state viremia attained about 5 weeks after infection reflects a balance between LDV replication in permissive macrophages as they arise and LDV inactivation and clearance...
- Retinoic acid reduces glomerular injury in a rat model of glomerular damageJ Wagner
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:1479-87. 2000..001). It is concluded that all-trans-RA limits glomerular proliferation, glomerular lesions, and albuminuria in an established model of renal damage. The findings point to retinoids as potential novel modulators of glomerular injury...
- Archaeal Pyrococcus furiosus thymidylate synthase 1 is an RNA-binding proteinAkio Kanai
Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Keio University, Tsuruoka, 997 0017, Japan
Biochem J 393:373-9. 2006....
- The characterization of the monoclonal antibody Th-10a, specific for a nuclear protein appearing in the S phase of the cell cycle in normal thymocytes and its unregulated expression in lymphoma cell linesM Muto
Division of Biology and Oncology, National Institute of Radiological Science, Chiba, Japan
Cell Prolif 28:645-57. 1995..The nuclear protein(s) detected by Th-10a monoclonal antibody was mostly 95 kDa and also 83 kDa polypeptide. The results also indicated that the 95 kDa nuclear protein was phosphorylated in vivo...
- Expression of CD90 on keratinocyte stem/progenitor cellsY Nakamura
Division of Hematopoiesis, Research Center for Regenerative Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Br J Dermatol 154:1062-70. 2006..Here, we report the detection of CD90(+) cells in cultured normal human epidermal keratinocytes and adult skin.
- Signal transduction involved in protective effects of 15(R/S)-methyl- lipoxin A(4) on mesangioproliferative nephritis in ratsSheng Hua Wu
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, PR China
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 76:173-80. 2007..1 antibodies. Protective effects of 15(R/S)-methyl-LXA(4) on nephritis induced by anti-Thy1.1 antibodies were related to PI3-K/Akt(1)/p27(kip1)/cyclin pathway, STAT(3) and NF-kappaB pathway-dependent signal transduction...
- Thrombospondin peptides are potent inhibitors of mesangial and glomerular endothelial cell proliferation in vitro and in vivoC P Hugo
Division of Nephrology, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Kidney Int 55:2236-49. 1999....
- Intra-bone marrow cotransplantation of donor mesenchymal stem cells in pig-to-NOD/SCID mouse bone marrow transplantation facilitates short-term xenogeneic hematopoietic engraftmentH Eguchi
Center for International Relations, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Transplant Proc 40:574-7. 2008..Porcine MSC prepared by aspiration of iliac BM of miniature swine were identified as CD90+CD29+CD45-CD31- and shown to differentiate into osteoblastocytes and adipocytes...
- Longitudinal profile of retinal ganglion cell damage assessed with blue-light confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy after ischaemic reperfusion injuryC K S Leung
Hamilton Glaucoma Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0946, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 93:964-8. 2009....
- Graft-vs-leukemia activity and graft-vs-host disease induced by allogeneic Th1- and Th2-type CD4+ T cells in miceM Zeis
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Hematol J 2:136-44. 2001..Therefore, separation of GVL- and GVH-reactions is a long-standing goal of experimental studies dealing with allogeneic transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells...
- [T lymphocytes are necessary for the peripheral phase of B lymphocyte maturation]Novica M Milicevic
Institute of Histology and Embryology Aleksandar D Kostic, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 136:166-70. 2008..We showed that the proportion of immature B lymphocyte subsets (CD90(high)IgM(high) and CD90(high)IgM(low)) was significantly increased, whereas that of mature B lymphocyte subsets (..
- [Influence of co-culturing vascular endothelial cells and adipose-derived stromal cells on osteogenic differentiation in vitro]Fuke Wang
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, the 1st Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical College, Kunming Yunnan, 650032, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:399-405. 2010....
- Polysaccharide (ANK-102) from Polianthes tuberosa cells deteriorates the resistance of mice to Listeria monocytogenes infectionT Majima
Department of Ontogeny and Development, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:59-68. 1995..2 expression on the surface of the thymocytes. A new type of immunosuppressive polysaccharide ANK-102 was introduced...
- Endogenous and adoptively transferred A-NK and T-LAK cells continuously accumulate within murine metastases up to 48 h after inoculationM Hokland
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
In Vivo 13:199-204. 1999..These data underline the longevity of LAK cells in vivo and highlight the importance of IL-2 treatment in recruiting endogenous immune cells to tumor areas...
- Induction of regional collateral sprouting following muscle denervationJason W Koob
Departments of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Washington University, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Laryngoscope 117:1735-40. 2007..We hypothesize that epineurial injury is required to induce collateral sprouting toward a neighboring denervated muscle...
- Deletion of self-reactive T cells in nude mice grafted with neonatal allogeneic thymusH Yuuki
Department of Immunology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Immunol 144:474-9. 1990....
- Dynamic expression patterns of transforming growth factor-beta(2) and transforming growth factor-beta receptors in experimental glomerulonephritisAndrea Hartner
Medizinische Klinik IV, Universität Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:32-42. 2003..1 nephritis. These results are in keeping with the notion that TGF-beta(2) and its receptors participate in the pathogenesis and/or resolution of this transient form of glomerulonephritis...
- [Growth inhibitory effects of THY1 gene on epithelial ovarian cancer SKOV3 cells]Li qin Zeng
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:84-7, 91. 2007..To construct THY1 eukaryotic expression plasmid and study its effects on the growth of epithelial ovarian cancer cell line SKOV3...
- The roles of THY1 and integrin beta3 in cell adhesion during theca cell layer formation and the effect of follicle-stimulating hormone on THY1 and integrin beta3 localization in mouse ovarian folliclesSaori Itami
School of Natural Science and Ecological Awareness, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Science, Nara Women s University, Nara, Japan
Biol Reprod 84:986-95. 2011..In conclusion, THY1 might play a role in cell adhesion via binding to integrin beta3 in mouse ovaries. The present results suggest that THY1 localization may be affected by follicle-stimulating hormone in mouse ovaries...
- 308 isolation, differentiation, and immunophenotypic characterization of mesenchymal stem cells derived from equine adipose tissue and bone marrowE Iacono
University of Bologna, Italy
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:250-1. 2011..MSC) are a) adhesion to the plastic when maintained under culture conditions; b) expression of CD105, CD73, and CD90, and no expression for CD45, CD34, and CD14; and c) differentiation into osteoblasts, adipocytes, and chondroblasts ..
- The peptides ADNF-9 and NAP increase survival and neurite outgrowth of rat retinal ganglion cells in vitroWolf A Lagrèze
Eye Hospital, Albert Ludwig Universität, Freiburg, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:933-8. 2005..We evaluated these findings in cultures of purified rat retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) using two such peptides: ADNF-9 and NAP. In a second step, the influence of these peptides on neurite outgrowth in retinal explants was investigated...
- Transplantation with selected autologous peripheral blood CD34+Thy1+ hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) in multiple myeloma: impact of HSC dose on engraftment, safety, and immune reconstitutionM Michallet
Service d Hématologie de l Hôpital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Exp Hematol 28:858-70. 2000....
- Glomerular activin A overexpression is linked to fibrosis in anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritisJens Gaedeke
Department of Nephrology, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Berlin, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:319-28. 2005..This study was designed to identify regulators of activin A production in glomerular mesangial cells and test if activin A acts as a pro-fibrotic cytokine in mesangial cells...
- Aldose reductase deficiency improves Wallerian degeneration and nerve regeneration in diabetic thy1-YFP miceYuk Shan Chen
Department of Anatomy, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:294-305. 2010..The thy1-YFP mice are valuable tools for further investigation of the mechanism of diabetes-associated nerve regeneration...
- Osteoinduction in umbilical cord- and palate periosteum-derived mesenchymal stem cellsMontserrat Caballero
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Ann Plast Surg 64:605-9. 2010..The presence of MSCs was determined using immunostaining and flow cytometry for cell surface markers CD73, CD90, CD105, and SSEA-4. Osteogenesis was induced using osteogenic medium...
- Experimental induction of retinal ganglion cell death in adult miceY Li
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53792, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:1004-8. 1999..To overcome this limitation, the rate and mechanism of retinal ganglion cell death in mice was characterized using optic nerve crush and intravitreal injections of the glutamate analog N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)...
- Activation of STAT3/Smad1 is a key signaling pathway for progression to glomerulosclerosis in experimental glomerulonephritisToshikazu Takahashi
Department of Clinical Biology and Medicine, Course of Biological Medicine, School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:7100-6. 2005..These data suggest that the activation of STAT3 and Smad1 participates in the developing process of glomerulosclerosis in experimental glomerulonephritis...
- Transcriptional profiles discriminate bone marrow-derived and synovium-derived mesenchymal stem cellsFarida Djouad
INSERM Unit 475, Montpellier, France
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1304-15. 2005..populations were negative for CD14, CD34 and CD45 expression and that both displayed equal levels of CD44, CD73, CD90 and CD105, a phenotype currently known to be characteristic of BM-MSC...
- Two populations of Thy1-positive mesenchymal cells regulate in vitro maturation of hepatic progenitor cellsNaoko Kamo
Dept of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto Univ, Shogoin, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G526-34. 2007..In conclusion, these results suggest that in vitro maturation of HPCs promoted by gp38-positive cells may be opposed by an inhibitory effect of gp38-negative cells, which likely maintain the immature, proliferative state of HPCs...
- Dendrite remodeling and other abnormalities in the retinal ganglion cells of Ins2 Akita diabetic miceMatthew J Gastinger
Department of Ophthalmology, Penn State Retina Research Group, Penn State College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2635-42. 2008..To determine the extent of retinal ganglion cell loss and morphologic abnormalities in surviving ganglion cells in Ins2 Akita/+ diabetic mice...
- Uterine leiomyomas exhibit fewer stem/progenitor cell characteristics when compared with corresponding normal myometriumHenry L Chang
Pediatric Surgical Research Laboratories, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Reprod Sci 17:158-67. 2010..Whereas in normal myometrium, we observed heterogeneous expression of CD90, a cell surface marker associated the with differentiation potential of uterine fibroblasts, in leiomyomas, we ..
- Gene expression and differentiation characteristics in mice E13.5 and E17.5 neural retinal progenitorsXuerong Sun
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Vis 15:2503-14. 2009..To improve the selection of the right-timing RPCs for replacement therapy, we compared the gene expression between embryonic day (E) 13.5 and E17.5 RPCs and further explored their gene expression and differentiation capacity in vitro...
- Prolonged antigen presentation, APC-, and CD8+ T cell turnover during mycobacterial infection: comparison with Listeria monocytogenesHenk van Faassen
Laboratory of Cellular Immunology, Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 172:3491-500. 2004..Relative to LM-OVA, the dendritic cells in BCG-OVA-infected mice were apoptotic for prolonged periods, suggesting that the rapid death of APCs may limit the magnitude of Ag presentation during chronic stages of mycobacterial infection...
- Polychromatic flow cytometry analysis of CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells in cryopreserved early preterm human cord blood samplesF D'Alessio
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
Cytometry A 79:14-24. 2011..Within the CD34(Pos)CD45(Dim) population, we examined the expression of CD29, CD31, CD38, CD90, CD117, CD133, CD135, CD200, CD243, and CD338...
- Cloning of rodent megsin revealed its up-regulation in mesangioproliferative nephritisM Nangaku
Molecular and Cellular Nephrology, Institute of Medical Sciences Tokai University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Kidney Int 60:641-52. 2001..Megsin is a novel member of the serine protease inhibitor (serpin) superfamily. To elucidate functional roles of this gene, we cloned megsin in rodents and investigated its role in a rat nephritis model...
- Analysis of Oct4-dependent transcriptional networks regulating self-renewal and pluripotency in human embryonic stem cellsYasmin Babaie
Roslin Institute, Department of Gene Function and Development, Roslin, Midlothian, United Kingdom
Stem Cells 25:500-10. 2007....
- A novel canine lymphoma cell line: a translational and comparative model for lymphoma researchWilliam C Kisseberth
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Leuk Res 31:1709-20. 2007..CD11b, CD11c, CD11d; and negative for CD45RA, CD1a, CD1c, CD3, TCRalphabeta, TCRgammadelta, CD4, CD5, CD8a, CD8b, CD90(Thy1), CD21, MHCII, CD14(TUK4), CD34, and MPO...
- Establishment and characterization of atypical fibroblasts from human adult liver contributing to hepatocyte cord-like arrangementVanina Jodon de Villeroché
INSERM U602, Villejuif Cedex F 94807, France
Cell Biol Int 32:605-14. 2008..fibroblasts (hLF) expressed mesenchymal antigens vimentin, alpha-smooth muscle actin, collagen, fibronectin, CD73, CD90, CD105, and CD166 together with non-mesenchymal antigens cytokeratins 8 and 18, glial fibrillary acidic protein, ..
- Sequential hepatogenic transdifferentiation of adipose tissue-derived stem cells: relevance of different extracellular signaling molecules, transcription factors involved, and expression of new key marker genesA Bonora-Centelles
Unidad de Hepatologia Experimental, Centro de Investigacion, Hospital La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Cell Transplant 18:1319-40. 2009..We conclude that ASCs could represent an alternative tool in clinical therapy for liver dysfunction and regenerative medicine...
- Isolation, characterization, and culture of human spermatogoniaZuping He
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20057, USA
Biol Reprod 82:363-72. 2010..This study provides novel insights into the molecular characteristics, isolation, and culture of human SSCs and/or progenitors and suggests that the MAPK1/3 pathway is involved in their proliferation...
- Analogy between sphere forming ability and stemness of human hepatoma cellsYusuke Uchida
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Oncol Rep 24:1147-51. 2010..38%). In spite of no significant difference in stem cell surface markers (CD44, CD90, CD133, EpCAM and ABCG2), remarkable up-regulation of p27 CDK inhibitor was observed in sphere forming cells...
- A caveat for T cell transfer studies: generation of cytotoxic anti-Thy1.2 antibodies in Thy1.1 congenic mice given Thy1.2+ tumors or T cellsKyle C McKenna
University of Pittsburgh, Eye and Ear Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Leukoc Biol 89:291-300. 2011..c. induces robust antibody responses. Experimentation using allotypic differences in Thy1 between donor cells and recipient mice must consider cytotoxic anti-Thy1 antibody generation in the interpretation of results...
- A transmembrane glycoprotein, gp38, is a novel marker for immature hepatic progenitor cells in fetal mouse liversSayuri Konishi
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine Kyoto University, 54 Kawahara cho Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 47:45-53. 2011..Furthermore, Wnt3a had a proliferative effect on the gp38-positive HPCs. In conclusion, the gp38-positive HPCs derived from fetal liver tissue until E13.5 could therefore be candidates for hepatic stem cells in the fetal liver...
- Three-dimensional spheroid culture of human gingiva-derived mesenchymal stem cells enhances mitigation of chemotherapy-induced oral mucositisQunzhou Zhang
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Stem Cells Dev 21:937-47. 2012..factors relevant to stem cell properties, and decreased expression of MSC-associated markers, including CD29, CD90, and CD105...
- Efficient generation, purification, and expansion of CD34(+) hematopoietic progenitor cells from nonhuman primate-induced pluripotent stem cellsJennifer L Gori
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Blood 120:e35-44. 2012..Our protocol will support scale-up and testing of iPSC-derived CD34(high) cell therapies in a clinically relevant nonhuman primate model...
- Identification of cell surface antigen expression in canine hepatocellular carcinoma cell linesAyumi Fujimoto
Laboratory of Veterinary Internal Medicine II, School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University, 1 17 71 Fuchinobe, Chuoku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252 5201, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 75:831-5. 2013..Expression of various antigens including CD29, CD34, CD44, CD90, CD133 and Dlk-1 was assessed in four cHCC cell lines by flow cytometry...
- PROTHYMOCYTES AND DIABETES MELLITUS IN BB/W RATSDale Greiner; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Somatic Stem Cells in Engineered Human SkinSteven Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypotheses, three specific aims are proposed: 1) Selection of epidermal SSCs by high expression of 06 integrin, CD90, low expression of receptors for EGF and transferrin (CD71), and preservation of the SSC phenotype by low amounts ..
- Isolation of novel mesenchymal stem cell subpopulationsBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2009..MSCs and MSC subpopulations isolated by flow cytometry based on the expression of CD45, c-kit, Flk-1, Sca-1, CD90, and CD105...
- Multipotent lung mesenchymal cells in neonatal lung injuryMarc B Hershenson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The cells are positive for Stro-1, CD73, CD90, CD105 and CD166, but negative for CD34, CD45 and CD11b, suggesting that they are of stromal but not hematopoietic ..
- Buddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2016..data, our fundamental hypothesis states that transplantation of antigenically-defined CD45-/c-kit-/Sca- 1+/CD90+/CD105- (abbreviated as CD105-) MSC subpopulation will confer greater reparative and regenerative benefits after ..
- David Artis; Fiscal Year: 2014..IL-23-dependent IL-22 in Citrobacter-infected mice was a population of ROR3t-positive ILCs that expressed c-kit and CD90, and in vivo depletion of ILCs in Citrobacter-infected Rag-/- mice was associated with a defect in protective ..
- Non-viral gene therapy for sickle cell anemiaCLIFFORD JOHN STEER; Fiscal Year: 2012..The ultimate goal of this research project is to develop and evaluate in patients an innovative gene therapy approach that has the potential to treat and correct SCA. ..
- Alvin Y Liu; Fiscal Year: 2015..One example is the ~29 kDa CD90/THY1 protein found released into tumor tissue preparations...
- Danilo Perrotti; Fiscal Year: 2016..Thus, to accomplish these goals we will rely on the use of highly HSC-enriched CD34+/CD38-(CD90+) BM cells form CML patients, the unique SCL-tTA-BCR/ABL mouse model and synthetic miRs or antagomiR to treat NSG ..
- Edward P Ingenito; Fiscal Year: 2016..multipotent stromal cell (LMSC) from lung tissue that expresses the same surface markers (CD44, CD73, CD90, CD105) as multipotent bone marrow stromal cells and displays regenerative capacity following transplantation in ..
- Jon M Oatley; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Richard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our work focuses on the surface glycoprotein, Thy1 (CD90)...
- Th17 cell regulation of intestinal IgA productionYingzi Cong; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Astrocytic Ca2+ Signaling in the Ischemic PenumbraMaiken Nedergaard; Fiscal Year: 2011..2006). Few approaches exist that selectively target astrocytes. Use of BAPTA and caged Ca2+ can add important PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 09/04) Page 72~ Continuation Format Page ..
- Clifford J Woolf; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Richard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Gareth R Howell; Fiscal Year: 2016..Determining the significance of complement biosynthesis by each cell type is important for designing therapeutic interventions that manipulate the complement system. ..
- Role of interlukin 23 and innate lymphoid cells in protective immunityMohamed Oukka; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding how these pathogenic bacteria induce inflammation and host response is critical to understanding how protective immune response can promote the clearance of enteric pathogens. ..
- Role of T cells and PPARgamma in Graves' orbital fibroblast adipogenesisRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new information will permit the development of new approaches to control inflammation and the pathologic differentiation of orbital fibroblasts important for TAO and other diseases that involve fat deposition. ..
- Gustavo C Munguba; Fiscal Year: 2015..The goal of this proposal is to explore a clinically applicable treatment modality to aid adult RGC neuron survival and axon regeneration after injury. ..
- SURAJ SUNIL PRADHAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..Identifying modifiers of PD pathogenesis would greatly aid in developing treatments for this complex neurodegenerative disorder. ..
- Sarkis K Mazmanian; Fiscal Year: 2016..If successful, the key contribution of this project will be the transformative conceptual leap that PD may have a gut microbial origin, resulting in informed advances toward probiotic therapies for neurodegeneration. ..
- Jordi Magrane; Fiscal Year: 2014..Successful completion of this project will provide a new valuable tool for the scientific community to study the effects f altered mitochondria transport and distribution in vivo. ..
- Peter T So; Fiscal Year: 2014..Cluster analysis should provide insight as to whether there are interneuron cell types that are more structurally plastic than others, and whether subsets of interneurons exhibit structural plasticity correlated with OD plasticity. ..
- Lawrence B Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2016..g. Matiukas et al, 2006;Mironov et al, 2006). The heart is composed of a variety of cell types. Thus specific targeting of FP-voltage sensors would also be very useful in studying the causes treatment of arhythmias. ..
- Vesicle recycling at developing NMJsRita J Balice Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Alzheimer Mouse Model for Intraneuronal Amyloid-Beta Oligomer BiologySamuel E Gandy; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Robert E Marc; Fiscal Year: 2016..Remodeling in the human retina is more aggressive and complex than the mouse retina, with severe network revision in cone decimating zones and extreme bipolar cell rewiring and reprogramming in cone sparing zones of RP. ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO RADIO-IMMUNOCONJUGATE DOSIMETRYLee Chin; Fiscal Year: 1991..The dosimetric tools developed here will be appropriate for later application to clinical radio-immunotherapy...
- Optogenetic approaches to neuromuscular synapse eliminationRita J Balice-Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Invivo Imaging of Neuronal Structure in Visual CortexElly Nedivi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Some of the first genes tested will be CPGs that we isolated in a screen for activity-regulated genes involved in synaptic plasticity. ..
- CHRONIC RELAPSING EAEHARLEY TSE; Fiscal Year: 2001..periphery -- spleen) change between remission and relapse. In this he will give BrdU to mice in remission and seek to discover if the cells found in the CNS during relapse are positive for the marker. ..
- Transcriptional silencing in damaged retinal gangliaRobert Nickells; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NEGATIVE SELECTION OF AUTOREACTIVE THYMOCYTESDAWNE PAGE; Fiscal Year: 1999..Second, by identifying ligands for Thy1, these experiments will probe a cell-cell interaction which may be involved in both the nervous and immune systems. ..
- FIBROBLAST CD 90 EXPRESSION IN FIBROGENIC SKIN DISORDERSJames Hagood; Fiscal Year: 2002..to date Thy-l expression in fibrotic states has not been explored, nor has there been correlation of expression of CD90, the human Thy-l equivalent, with human 'fibroblast heterogeneity...
- UCP5-- Balancing Metabolism and Oxidation in Aging BrainLAURA DUGAN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NMDA Receptor and Synaptic Plasticity in RetinaNing Tian; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will also provide insights to how maturation of retinal synaptic circuitry could affect our interpretation of activity-dependent synaptic plasticity in visual cortex. ..
- CD4 Regulator T Cells Suppress Alloreactivity after BMTBryon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained will contribute significantly to our understanding of the role of regulatory T cells in mediating dominant peripheral tolerance after allo-BMT and could lead to translational applications in clinical BMT. ..
- Roles of Neuregulin-1 in Age Related Neuronal ChangesJianxin Bao; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal of our research is to develop methods for prevention and treatment of age related functional decline of nervous system based on identifying molecular candidates involved in the aging process ..
- Mechanobiology and Regenerative MedicineMichael S Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2010..A timeline for completion of these studies, hypotheses to drive the specific aims, alternative approaches for completion of the work, and quantitative criteria for success are provided. ..
- SUPPRESSION OF CNS AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE BY TH2 CELLSStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Recruitment Induced by ECM Scaffold DegradationStephen F Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objectives of the studies, the hypothesis upon which the experimental design is based, and a timeline for completion of the studies are presented. ..
- Iron Acquisition Mechanisms in OligodendrocytesJAMES ROBERT CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Isolation and Characterization of a Ferritin ReceptorJames Connor; Fiscal Year: 2005..This project will significantly alter our thinking on brain iron transport and open novel directions for research in oligodendrocyte biology and diagnositic and therapeutic strategies in demyelinating disorders ..
- Urologic Epithelial Stem CellsAlvin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Interstitial Cell COXs in Renal Development and DiseaseChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- MECHANISMS OF AXONAL SPROUTING IN THE ADULT STRIATUMMarie Francoise Chesselet; Fiscal Year: 2003..This has relevance for the treatment of stroke and neurodegenerative diseases, two major health concern and leading causes of disability. ..
- ORIGIN OF CELLS THAT REPOPULATE RESORBABLE ECM SCAFFOLDSStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Experimental Uveal Melanoma and Ocular Immune PrivilegeKYLE MCKENNA; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- International Network and Registry for TMAHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2007..These include essential hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, myocardial infarction, and chronic kidney disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEMYELINATING DISEASE: VIRAL AND IMMUNE FUNCTIONStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will test the hypothesis that unregulated virus growth increases expression of TIMP-1, preventing MMP mediated leukocyte migration through the CNS parenchyma. ..
- Regulation of Gender Dependent EAE SusceptibilityStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2008..These data will also provide the first evidence that NK and CD25 + T cells influence adaptive immunity prior to antigen encounter via alterations in APC function. ..
- PLASTICITY OF GAD GENE EXPRESSION IN THE BASAL GANGLIAMarie Francoise Chesselet; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide basic information on the mechanisms involved in the maturation of a crucial population of striatal GABAerglc neurons and provide new cues for striatal pathologies. ..
- NEURAL CIRCUITRY OF THE KIDNEYMark Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Fibroproliferation in Bronchiolitis Obliterans SyndromeVibha Lama; Fiscal Year: 2008..Martinez MD, MS and Marc Peters-Golden MD, both of whom are well-funded researchers with a long track record of mentoring. ..
- Imaging Flow CytometerAlbert Donnenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..Should this proposal be funded, we are very well positioned to play a leading role in applying this new technology to cancer, immunology, and cell biology research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF OTOTOXICITYEri Hashino; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROTROPHIC SUPPORT IN AGING AND ALZHEIMERS DISEASEFelix Eckenstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..The volume of hippocampus, neuronal and glial numbers, and cytoarchitecture of hippocampus of old FGF2 knockout and FGF-2 overexpressing mice will be determined. ..
- PERSISTENT VIRUS ON CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM IMMUNITYStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The use of transgenic mice will determine the role of Ag expressed within defined CNS cell types, in the presence and absence of peripheral Ag. ..
- Center for Gene-Environment Studies in Parkinson DiseaseMarie Francoise Chesselet; Fiscal Year: 2006..Cell lines, primary neuronal cultures from genetically altered mice, and human lymphoblasts will be examined. ..
- Neuro-inflammation and treatment in GM2 gangliosidosisStephanos Kyrkanides; Fiscal Year: 2007..With this more of therapy we anticipate a resolution of GM2 storage and neuro-inflammation ultimately leading to amelioration of the clinical phenotype of the disease. ..
- ORIGIN OF CELLS THAT REPOPULATE RESORBABLE ECM SCAFFOLDSStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- SLP-76 and ADAP dependent dendritic cell functionJames Clements; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CD Expression in Prostate CancerAlvin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004..CD10 and CD13 are both peptidases and are likely involved in the processing of bioactive signaling peptides. Their absence might lead to the aberrant cellular differentiation and development of cancer. ..
- Mechanisms of ECM Scaffold RemodelingStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2006..The work will be conducted by an experienced interdisciplinary team of scientists and a timeline is presented for completion of the work. ..
- Pivotal role of VLA-1 in CD8 T cell retention & survivalDavid Topham; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also test the prediction that the VLA-1+ memory T cells are functionally distinct and important for secondary immune protection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF FGF IN NEURONAL INJURYFelix Eckenstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CHOC Human Embryonic Stem Cell Culture Training CoursePhilip Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..The courses are held annually in the Spring at the National Human Neural Stem Cell Resource of the Neuroscience Laboratories at the Children's Hospital of Orange County Research Institute. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Translocation and Function of Nuclear FerritinJames Connor; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MULTICENTER TRIAL OF SYNSORB PK IN E COLI RELATED HUSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The outcome of this trial may justify the use of SYNSORB PK as a safe therapy to ameliorate D+HUS. ..
- Inducible Gene Expression in Retinal Ganglion CellsJohn Kerrison; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Human monoclonal antibody therapy for HUSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Targeted Cellular Repair of Articular CartilageJames Dennis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of these studies is to develop a treatment for osteoarthritis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Cyclooxygenase stimulated Neovascularization in Diabetic NephropathyChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2008..Pozzi's expertise in angiogenesis and Dr. Breyer's expertise in mouse models of diabetic nephropathy, and draws on their common interest in the prostanoid pathway in cell differentiation and survival. ..
- Novel Therapies for Resistant FSGSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The infrastructure that is established for the performance of this R21/R33 project should prove useful for the efficient assessment of additional novel therapies that will be developed in the future for patients with primary FSGS. ..
- Adult Stem Cells in the Inner EarEri Hashino; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Cellular Remodeling of ECM ScaffoldsStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified clearly defined specific aims with quantifiable end points and an efficient three year timeline to conduct this work. ..
- Renal Medullary COX2 in Blood Pressure RegulationChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim III: To define the down-stream target of activated renal medullary COX2 expression. ..
- Synaptic Alterations in the Cerebral Cortex during AgingA Cuello; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Autoimmune Oophoritis: Consequences of Gamete VaccinesKenneth Tung; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, we will determine the immunogenetic regulation of the immune response to CP2, and the influence of the B cell epitope specificity of the ZP Ab on the induction of progenic AOD. ..