Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD247
Description: CD247 molecule
Alias: CD3-ZETA, CD3H, CD3Q, CD3Z, IMD25, T3Z, TCRZ, T-cell surface glycoprotein CD3 zeta chain, CD247 antigen, zeta subunit, CD3Z antigen, zeta polypeptide (TiT3 complex), CD3zeta chain, T-cell antigen receptor complex, zeta subunit of CD3, T-cell receptor T3 zeta chain, TCR zeta chain
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Decreased stability and translation of T cell receptor zeta mRNA with an alternatively spliced 3'-untranslated region contribute to zeta chain down-regulation in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusBhabadeb Chowdhury
Department of Cellular Injury, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910 7500, USA
J Biol Chem 280:18959-66. 2005..Taken together our findings suggest that nucleotides 672-1233 bp of TCR zeta 3' UTR play a critical role in its stability and also have elements required for the translational regulation of TCR zeta chain expression in human T cells.
- Genome-wide association study of systemic sclerosis identifies CD247 as a new susceptibility locusTimothy R D J Radstake
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 42:426-9. 2010..individuals with SSc (cases) and 4,569 controls) identified a new susceptibility locus for systemic sclerosis at CD247 (1q22-23, rs2056626, P = 2.09 x 10(-7) in the discovery samples, P = 3.39 x 10(-9) in the combined analysis)...
- Role of Nef in primate lentiviral immunopathogenesisF Kirchhoff
Institute of Virology, University of Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:2621-36. 2008..This evolutionary loss of a specific Nef function may contribute to the high virulence of HIV-1 in humans...
- The RNA-stabilizing protein HuR regulates the expression of zeta chain of the human T cell receptor-associated CD3 complexVaishali R Moulton
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 283:20037-44. 2008..however, the molecular mechanisms involved in the deficient expression of the T cell receptor-associated CD3zeta chain in SLE are not clear...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies in celiac disease and rheumatoid arthritis identifies fourteen non-HLA shared lociAlexandra Zhernakova
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS Genet 7:e1002004. 2011..2 × 10(-12)), rs864537 near CD247 (P(combined) = 2.2 × 10(-11)), rs2298428 near UBE2L3 (P(combined) = 2...
- Recruitment of Nck by CD3 epsilon reveals a ligand-induced conformational change essential for T cell receptor signaling and synapse formationDiana Gil
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Madrid 20849, Spain
Cell 109:901-12. 2002..Finally, by interfering with Nck-CD3 epsilon association in vivo, we demonstrate that TCR-CD3 recruitment of Nck is critical for maturation of the immune synapse and for T cell activation...
- HIV-1 Nef control of cell signalling molecules: multiple strategies to promote virus replicationAlison L Greenway
Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Cnr Commercial and Punt Roads, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
J Biosci 28:323-35. 2003....
- Assembly of the TCR/CD3 complex: CD3 epsilon/delta and CD3 epsilon/gamma dimers associate indistinctly with both TCR alpha and TCR beta chains. Evidence for a double TCR heterodimer modelE San José
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, CSIC Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Eur J Immunol 28:12-21. 1998..These dimers assemble with TCR alpha and TCR beta chains, and finally, the CD3 zeta homodimer is added to allow export of the full complex from the ER...
- Homooligomerization of the cytoplasmic domain of the T cell receptor zeta chain and of other proteins containing the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifAlexander Sigalov
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Biochemistry 43:2049-61. 2004..Phosphorylation of zeta(cyt) and FcepsilonRIgamma(cyt) does not significantly alter their oligomerization behavior. The implications of these results for transmembrane signaling and cellular activation by immune receptors are discussed...
- T cell receptor (TCR) interacting molecule (TRIM), a novel disulfide-linked dimer associated with the TCR-CD3-zeta complex, recruits intracellular signaling proteins to the plasma membraneE Bruyns
Institute for Immunology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Exp Med 188:561-75. 1998..Thus, TRIM represents a TCR-associated transmembrane adaptor protein which is likely involved in targeting of intracellular signaling proteins to the plasma membrane after triggering of the TCR...
- The CD3Z 844 T>A polymorphism within the 3'-UTR of CD3Z confers increased risk of incidence of systemic lupus erythematosusT Warchoł
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Tissue Antigens 74:68-72. 2009Recently, a family-based association analysis showed that the haplotype carrying a low expression of the variant CD3Z 844 T>A (rs1052231) polymorphism located in the 3'-untranslated region of CD3Z predisposes to systemic lupus ..
- Organization of the human T cell receptor zeta/eta gene and its genetic linkage to the Fc gamma RII-Fc gamma RIII gene clusterJ P Jensen
Experimental Immunology Branch, DCBDC National Cancer Institute National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 148:2563-71. 1992..Surprisingly, translation of this region into protein results in a structure that is markedly divergent from its murine counterpart. This finding has important implications regarding the potential role of eta in T cell function...
- Induction of Fas ligand expression by HIV involves the interaction of Nef with the T cell receptor zeta chainX N Xu
Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, United Kingdom
J Exp Med 189:1489-96. 1999..through Nef depended upon the integrity of the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAMs) of the TCR zeta chain. Conformation for the importance of zeta for Nef-mediated signaling in T cells came from an independent ..
- Polymorphisms in the CD3Z gene influence TCRzeta expression in systemic lupus erythematosus patients and healthy controlsClaire L Gorman
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, UK
J Immunol 180:1060-70. 2008TCRzeta (CD247) functions as an amplification module in the TCR signaling cascade and is essential for assembly and surface expression of the TCR/CD3 complex...
- T cell CD3 receptor zeta (TCRzeta)-chain expression in children with idiopathic nephrotic syndromeDiego H Aviles
Department of Pediatrics, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:769-73. 2009..Therefore, a decreased expression of the TCRzeta chain may explain the abnormal function of T cells in patients with INS, and it may also contribute to the increased risk for infections seen in these patients...
- Cloning and characterization of human Lnk, an adaptor protein with pleckstrin homology and Src homology 2 domains that can inhibit T cell activationY Li
School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 164:5199-206. 2000..The overexpression of Lnk in Jurkat cells led to an inhibition of anti-CD3 mediated NF-AT-Luc activation. Our study reveals a potentially new mechanism of T cell-negative regulation...
- Sequential interactions of the TCR with two distinct cytoplasmic tyrosine kinasesM Iwashima
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Science 263:1136-9. 1994..Thus, TCR signal transduction is initiated by the sequential interaction of two PTKs with TCR ARAMs...
- Alternative splicing factor/splicing factor 2 regulates the expression of the zeta subunit of the human T cell receptor-associated CD3 complexVaishali R Moulton
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 285:12490-6. 2010T cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus express decreased levels of the T cell receptor-associated CD3 zeta chain, a feature directly linked to their aberrant function...
- Selection of peripheral and intestinal T lymphocytes lacking CD3 zetaS Simpson
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Int Immunol 7:287-93. 1995The CD3 zeta chain of the TCR plays a pivotal role in the activation of T cell responses toward foreign antigen and in the selection of the T cell repertoire...
- On down-regulation of the immune response to metastatic malignant melanomaA Hakansson
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Cancer Immunol Immunother 48:253-62. 1999....
- Molecular associations involving CD16, CD45 and zeta and gamma chains on human natural killer cellsJ G Altin
Division of Cell Biology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra
Immunol Cell Biol 72:87-96. 1994....
- The human natural killer cell receptor for major histocompatibility complex class I molecules. Surface modulation of p58 molecules and their linkage to CD3 zeta chain, Fc epsilon RI gamma chain and the p56lck kinaseC Bottino
Instituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Eur J Immunol 24:2527-34. 1994..The p58 receptor also revealed an association with molecules belonging to the zeta family (i.e. CD3 zeta and Fc epsilon RI gamma chains)...
- The human low affinity immunoglobulin G Fc receptor III-A and III-B genes. Molecular characterization of the promoter regionsJ E Gessner
Department of Immunology, Hannover Medical School, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 270:1350-61. 1995..It is suggested that these nucleotide differences might contribute to cell type-specific transcription of Fc gamma RIII genes...
- Alterations of T cell activation signalling and cytokine production by postmenopausal estrogen levelsLowell T Ku
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Immun Ageing 6:1. 2009..Lower signalling protein levels appear to result from decreased CD3-zeta, JAK2, and JAK3 gene expressions. These findings may provide a molecular basis for immunosenescence associated with the postmenopausal state...
- T-cell-rich B-cell lymphoma - diagnostic and therapeutic aspectsUlla Axdorph
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital and Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
APMIS 110:379-90. 2002....
- Development and function of T cells in T cell antigen receptor/CD3 zeta knockout mice reconstituted with Fc epsilon RI gammaC P Liu
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:616-21. 1997..Also, these results revealed a difference in the regulation of expression of the TCR/CD3 complex on CD4+ and CD8+ T cells...
- Early human T cell development: analysis of the human thymus at the time of initial entry of hematopoietic stem cells into the fetal thymic microenvironmentB F Haynes
Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Exp Med 181:1445-58. 1995..CD1b, then CD1c, then CD1a), TCR molecules (TCR-beta, then TCR-delta), CD45RA and CD45RO isoforms, CD28 (10 wk), CD3 zeta (12-13 wk), and CD6 (12,75 wk)...
- Pathways participating in activation of mouse uterine natural killer cells during pregnancyXuemei Xie
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Biol Reprod 73:510-8. 2005..activation pathways are known: FcRgamma/CD3zeta, DNAX-activating protein (DAP) 10, and DAP12 (genes Fcgr3/Cd3z, Hcst, and Tyrobp, respectively)...
- Tyrosine and serine protein kinase activities associated with ligand-induced internalized TCR/CD3 complexesF Luton
Center of Immunology INSERM CNRS, Marseille Luminy, France
J Immunol 158:3140-7. 1997..an in vitro kinase assay of CD3 immunoprecipitates from early and late endosome fractions showed that the CD3 zeta- and epsilon-chains were phosphorylated exclusively on tyrosine, whereas the CD3 gamma- and delta-chains were ..
- Prostate tumor microenvironment alters immune cells and prevents long-term survival in an orthotopic mouse model following flt3-ligand/CD40-ligand immunotherapyRichard P Ciavarra
Departments of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Virginia Prostate Center, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23501, USA
J Immunother 27:13-26. 2004..Overall, these data suggest that long-term cures of established MHC-negative tumors may not be achieved until therapeutic interventions are engineered to overcome this immunosuppressive microenvironment...
- Definition of polymorphic residues on killer Ig-like receptor proteins which contribute to the HLA-C binding siteJ Richardson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Eur J Immunol 30:1480-5. 2000..The data presented here show that while multiple polymorphic residues contribute to the HLA-C binding site on KIR proteins, two clusters of polymorphic residues define the group allotype specificity of HLA-C binding to a KIR2D molecule...
- Elements related to heterogeneity of antibody-dependent cell cytotoxicity in patients under trastuzumab therapy for primary operable breast cancer overexpressing Her2Stefania Varchetta
Oncology Department, Scientific Institute of Pavia, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, Istituti di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Pavia, Italy
Cancer Res 67:11991-9. 2007..of CD16(+) lymphocytes was influenced by 158 V/F polymorphism of Fc gamma RIII (CD16), whereas variations of CD247 on NK cells were consistent with trends between ADCC before and after therapy...
- A motif within the T cell receptor alpha chain constant region connecting peptide domain controls antigen responsivenessB T Backstrom
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
Immunity 5:437-47. 1996..This conserved alpha chain connecting peptide motif might mediate the transfer of signals from the alphabeta heterodimer to the CD3/zeta complex...
- Rat CD16 is defined by a family of class III Fc gamma receptors requiring co-expression of heteroprotein subunitsD L Farber
Department of Biological Sciences, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106
J Immunol 146:4352-61. 1991..between this sequence and the transmembrane sequences of two heteroprotein subunits, Fc epsilon RI gamma and CD3 zeta, known to interact with human and mouse class III receptors...
- Profiling lymphocyte subpopulations in peripheral blood under efalizumab treatment of psoriasis by multi epitope ligand cartography (MELC) robot microscopyBernd Bonnekoh
Clinic for Dermatology and Venereology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 16:623-35. 2006..led furthermore to an increase of the numbers of CD3+, CD4+, CD8+, CD44+, CD45+, CD45R0+, CD45 RA+, CD52+, CD58+, CD247+, HLA-DR+ and Sambucus nigra lectin-reactive lymphocytes (by factors from 2.0 to 3.3x)...
- Changes in expression of signal transduction proteins in T lymphocytes of patients with leprosyA H Zea
Immunotherapy Program, Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans 70112, USA
Infect Immun 66:499-504. 1998..These novel findings might improve our understanding of the T-cell dysfunction observed in leprosy and other infectious diseases and consequently might lead to better immunologic evaluation of patients...
- CD3 eta and CD3 zeta are alternatively spliced products of a common genetic locus and are transcriptionally and/or post-transcriptionally regulated during T-cell developmentL K Clayton
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:5202-6. 1991..the organization of the mouse CD3 eta gene and show that it is part of one gene locus that also encodes CD3 zeta on chromosome 1...
- Tumor-associated macrophages and CD3-zeta expression of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in human esophageal squamous-cell carcinomaS J Guo
Department of Immunology, Cancer Institute and Cancer Hospital, Peking Uninion Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Dis Esophagus 20:107-16. 2007..029 and P = 0.031, respectively)...
- Negative regulation of expression and function of Fc gamma RIII by CD3 zeta in murine NK cellsH Arase
Department of Molecular Genetics, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Immunol 166:21-5. 2001..Although NK cells express not only FcR gamma but also CD3 zeta, the role of CD3 zeta in NK cell function remains unclear...
- The loss of telomerase activity in highly differentiated CD8+CD28-CD27- T cells is associated with decreased Akt (Ser473) phosphorylationFiona J Plunkett
Department of Immunology and Molecular Pathology, University College London, 46 Cleveland Street, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 178:7710-9. 2007..chimeric receptors containing the signaling domains of CD28, CD27, CD137, CD134, and ICOS in series with the CD3 zeta (zeta) chain into primary human CD8(+) T cells...
- Developmental arrest of NK1.1+ T cell antigen receptor (TCR)-alpha/beta+ T cells and expansion of NK1.1+ TCR-gamma/delta+ T cell development in CD3 zeta-deficient miceH Arase
Division of Molecular Genetics, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
J Exp Med 182:891-5. 1995..1+ T cells was investigated. The TCR complex of freshly isolated NK1.1+ TCR-alpha/beta+ thymocytes contained CD3 zeta homodimers and CD zeta-FcR gamma heterodimers, whereas that of the majority of NK1...
- The combined effects of tryptophan starvation and tryptophan catabolites down-regulate T cell receptor zeta-chain and induce a regulatory phenotype in naive T cellsFrancesca Fallarino
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Immunol 176:6752-61. 2006....
- Tissue eosinophilia in relation to immunopathological and clinical characteristics in Hodgkin's diseaseU Axdorph
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital and Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Leuk Lymphoma 42:1055-65. 2001..However, the differences in small cell distribution of CD8, TIA-1, GrB and CD57 between the histopathological groups and between LMP-1-expressing/non-expressing cases may contribute to our understanding of the biology of the disease...
- Modulation of T-cell CD3-zeta chain expression during normal pregnancyDouglas D Taylor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Reprod Immunol 54:15-31. 2002..Suppression of zeta expression appears to be due to a circulating low-molecular-weight protein that suppresses CD3-zeta in a concentration-dependent manner...
- The T-cell antigen CD5 acts as a receptor and substrate for the protein-tyrosine kinase p56lckM Raab
Division of Tumor Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Mol Cell Biol 14:2862-70. 1994..CD5 interaction with p56lck represents a novel variant of a receptor-kinase complex in which receptor can also serve as substrate. The CD5-p56lck interaction is likely to play roles in T-cell signalling and T-B collaboration...
- Alterations in T-cell signal transduction molecules associated with recurrent spontaneous pregnancy lossDouglas D Taylor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Louisville, School of Medicine, 511 S Floyd Street, MDR 420, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Reprod Immunol 63:137-54. 2004..Our findings indicate that women experiencing RSA fail to suppress CD3-zeta and JAK3, suggesting a deficiency in this circulating factor that induces their suppression in normal pregnancy...
- Tumor-associated macrophage (TAM) infiltration in gastric cancerSumiya Ishigami
First Department of Surgery, Kagoshima University School of Medicine, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890, Japan
Anticancer Res 23:4079-83. 2003..Tumor-associated macrophages (TAMs) are defined as macrophages that migrate into the tumor stroma. TAMs are known to directly or indirectly affect immune suppression. TAMs have not previously been reported in gastric cancer...
- Rhabdomyosarcoma lysis by T cells expressing a human autoantibody-based chimeric receptor targeting the fetal acetylcholine receptorStefan Gattenlohner
Institute of Pathology, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Cancer Res 66:24-8. 2006....
- T cell development and T cell responses in mice with mutations affecting tyrosines 292 or 315 of the ZAP-70 protein tyrosine kinaseA Magnan
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS Univ Med, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Exp Med 194:491-505. 2001..The present in vivo analyses extend previous data based on transformed T cell lines and suggest that residue Y292 plays a role in attenuation of TCR signaling, whereas residue Y315 enhances ZAP-70 function...
- VLA-4 integrin concentrates at the peripheral supramolecular activation complex of the immune synapse and drives T helper 1 responsesMaria Mittelbrunn
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid 28006, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11058-63. 2004..These data reveal a regulatory role of alpha 4 integrins on T lymphocyte-antigen presenting cell cognate immune interactions...
- Arginase activity mediates reversible T cell hyporesponsiveness in human pregnancyPascale Kropf
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Eur J Immunol 37:935-45. 2007..Arginase-mediated L-arginine depletion induces down-regulation of CD3 zeta, the main signalling chain of the TCR, and functional T cell hyporesponsiveness...
- Conversion of a tumor-binding peptide identified by phage display to a functional chimeric T cell antigen receptorC R J Pameijer
Division of General and Oncologic Surgery, Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 14:91-7. 2007..Our data suggest that large new repertoires of tumor-specific T cell antigen receptor transgenes might be available through merging combinatorial peptide libraries with CAR construct design...
- Three phase II cytokine working group trials of gp100 (210M) peptide plus high-dose interleukin-2 in patients with HLA-A2-positive advanced melanomaJeffrey A Sosman
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center Vanderbilt, University Medical Center, Section of Hematology Oncology, 777 Preston Research Bldg, Nashville, TN 37232 6307, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2292-8. 2008..We evaluated 210M with one of three different IL-2 schedules to determine whether a basis exists for a phase III trial...
- Rat class III Fc gamma receptor isoforms differ in IgG subclass-binding specificity and fail to associate productively with rat CD3 zetaD L Farber
Department of Biological Sciences, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106
J Immunol 150:4364-75. 1993..Cloned cDNA for the rat CD3 zeta protein was also isolated in this study and its ability to augment surface expression of class III Fc gamma R was ..
- The recombinant T cell receptor strategy: insights into structure and function of recombinant immunoreceptors on the way towards an optimal receptor design for cellular immunotherapyAndreas Hombach
Lab Tumorgenetik, Klinik I fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, D 50924 Koln, Germany
Curr Gene Ther 2:211-26. 2002..g., the Fc epsilon RI receptor gamma-chain or the CD3 zeta-chain...
- Novel mouse mutants with primary cellular immunodeficiencies generated by genome-wide mutagenesisThilo Jakob
Allergy Research Group, Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:179-184.e7. 2008..Primary cellular immunodeficiencies are a group of genetic disorders in which 1 or more components of the cellular immune system are lacking or dysfunctional...
- T-cell receptor zeta-chain expression on tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes from renal cell carcinomaG Cardi
The Uro Oncology Group of the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756 0001, USA
Cancer Res 57:3517-9. 1997..The loss of zeta-chain expression that was noted by others may be related to differences in laboratory method, and the small changes we have noted are unlikely to be sufficient in explaining the immunosuppression of TILs...
- Dominance of CD4+ lymphocytic infiltrates with disturbed effector cell characteristics in the tumor microenvironment of prostate carcinomaKathleen Ebelt
Institute of Molecular Immunology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Munich, Germany
Prostate 68:1-10. 2008..The goal of this investigation was to assess in situ characteristics of prostate cancer-infiltrating lymphocytes and to determine their activation status and effector function...
- The inositol 5'-phosphatase SHIP binds to immunoreceptor signaling motifs and responds to high affinity IgE receptor aggregationM A Osborne
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Hoffmann La Roche, Inc, Nutley, New Jersey 07110, USA
J Biol Chem 271:29271-8. 1996..SHIP is constitutively tyrosine-phosphorylated and associated with Shc and Grb2. These data suggest that SHIP may serve as a multifunctional linker protein in receptor activation...
- Addition of the CD28 signaling domain to chimeric T-cell receptors enhances chimeric T-cell resistance to T regulatory cellsA Loskog
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Leukemia 20:1819-28. 2006..When a CD19 single-chain Fv antibody was coupled to the CD3 zeta (zeta) chain, there was sharply reduced activity on exposure to T regulatory cells, measured by CD19+ target-..
- Targeting of tumor cells expressing the prostate stem cell antigen (PSCA) using genetically engineered T-cellsAgnieszka Morgenroth
Institute of Immunology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Prostate 67:1121-31. 2007..It is broadly expressed on the surface of primary PCa cells as well as on PCa metastases...
- Characterization of immature thymocyte lines derived from T-cell receptor or recombination activating gene 1 and p53 double mutant miceP Mombaerts
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7420-4. 1995..These lines will be useful tools to study the molecular structure and signal transducing properties of partial CD3-TCR complexes expressed on the surface of immature thymocytes...
- Restoration of expression of signal-transduction molecules in lymphocytes from patients with metastatic renal cell cancer after combination immunotherapyJ W Gratama
Department of Medical and Tumor Immunology, University Hospital Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, The Netherlands
Cancer Immunol Immunother 48:263-9. 1999....
- Imaging T-cell receptor activation reveals accumulation of tyrosine-phosphorylated CD3ζ in the endosomal compartmentIvan A Yudushkin
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:22128-33. 2010..These results suggest that an intracellular pool of phosphorylated CD3ζ may help to sustain TcR/CD3 signaling after the receptor internalization...
- Human natural killer cell line modified with a chimeric immunoglobulin T-cell receptor gene leads to tumor growth inhibition in vivoThomas Schirrmann
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Hematology, AG Molecular Gene and Immunotherapy, Humboldt University Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Cancer Gene Ther 9:390-8. 2002..was constructed of a CEA-specific humanized single-chain Fv antibody fragment fused to the IgG1 Fc domain and the CD3 zeta chain...
- Therapeutic biology: checkpoint pathway activation therapy, HIV Tat, and transkingdom RNA interferenceChiang J Li
ArQule Biomedical Institute, ArQule Inc, Boston, MA 02062, USA
J Cell Physiol 209:695-700. 2006..The third example describes transkingdom RNA interference and its application in the investigational and therapeutic silencing of disease genes...
- A new subunit of the human T-cell antigen receptor complexA M Weissman
Nature 324:480-2. 1986..This human protein is T-cell specific and biochemically similar to the murine zeta polypeptide...
- Tumor-Targeted Human T Cells Expressing CD28-Based Chimeric Antigen Receptors Circumvent CTLA-4 InhibitionMaud Condomines
Center for Cell Engineering and Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, 10065, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0130518. 2015..We investigated whether T cells expressing an anti-CD19, CD3 zeta and CD28-based CAR (19-28z) displayed the same proliferation and anti-tumor abilities than T cells expressing a ..
- Abnormal expression of various molecular forms and distribution of T cell receptor zeta chain in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusMadhusoodana P Nambiar
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland, 20910 7500, USA
Arthritis Rheum 46:163-74. 2002..The TCR zeta chain, a critical signaling molecule, exists in multiple molecular forms and membrane fractions with distinct ..
- Tumor-specific T cell activation by recombinant immunoreceptors: CD3 zeta signaling and CD28 costimulation are simultaneously required for efficient IL-2 secretion and can be integrated into one combined CD28/CD3 zeta signaling receptor moleculeA Hombach
Klinik I fur Innere Medizin, Labor Tumorgenetik, Universitat zu Koln, Koln, Germany
J Immunol 167:6123-31. 2001....
- Reversal of hyporesponsiveness in lpr CD4-CD8- T cells is achieved by induction of cell cycling and normalization of CD2 and p59fyn expressionJ L Clements
Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Unit, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05405
Eur J Immunol 24:558-65. 1994..These findings show that cell cycling is associated with the recovery of functional capabilities by lprCD4-CD8-T cells and is closely allied with surface CD2 expression. Thus, the hyporesponsiveness of lpr T cells is not a fixed state...
- In vitro preparation and characterization of the human CD3 epsilon epsilon homodimer and CD3 epsilon gamma and CD3 epsilon delta heterodimersZhonglan Su
Department of Dermatology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Int J Mol Med 24:437-44. 2009..CD3 epsilon gamma and CD3 epsilon delta heterodimers that associate with alpha/beta T cell receptors (TCRs) and CD3 zeta 2 dimers...
- Induction of tumor-specific cytotoxicity in tumor infiltrating lymphocytes by HPV16 and HPV18 E7-pulsed autologous dendritic cells in patients with cancer of the uterine cervixAlessandro D Santin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock 72205 7199, USA
Gynecol Oncol 89:271-80. 2003....
- L-arginine consumption by macrophages modulates the expression of CD3 zeta chain in T lymphocytesPaulo C Rodriguez
Tumor Immunology Program, Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, Louisiana State University, Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Immunol 171:1232-9. 2003..These results may provide new insights into the mechanisms leading to T cell dysfunction and the down-regulation of CD3zeta in cancer and chronic infectious diseases...
- Vaccination-induced functional competence of circulating human tumor-specific CD8 T-cellsPetra Baumgaertner
Clinical Tumor Immune Biology Unit, Ludwig Center for Cancer Research of the University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 130:2607-17. 2012..Furthermore, phosphorylation of STAT1, STAT5 and ERK1/2, and expression of CD3 zeta chain were similar in tumor- and virus-specific T-cells, demonstrating functional signaling pathways...
- Chimeric immune receptor T cells bypass class I requirements and recognize multiple cell types relevant in HIV-1 infectionMichael E Severino
AIDS Research Center and Infectious Disease Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Virology 306:371-5. 2003..These results provide evidence that T cells can be redirected against novel targets, and that independence from the class I pathway may have distinct advantages...
- Pregnancy-linked suppression of TcR signaling pathways by a circulating factor absent in recurrent spontaneous pregnancy loss (RPL)Douglas D Taylor
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women s Health, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 511 South Floyd Street, MDR 420, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Mol Immunol 43:1872-80. 2006..The 14 kDa circulating ZIP from normal pregnancies suppressed components within the JAK/STAT pathway and induced suppressors of cytokine stimulation, SOCS2...
- Absent or low expression of T-cell receptor zeta-chain in T cells infiltrating human pathological skin conditionsMauro Alaibac
Institute of Dermatology, University of Padua, Via C Battisti 206, Padova, 35121 Italy
Arch Dermatol Res 294:380-2. 2002..Our findings showing the absence or reduction of TCR zeta-chain expression also in inflammatory skin lymphocytic infiltrates is not consistent with a pivotal role of the TCR zeta-chain in the process of immune escape of tumour cells...
- Down-regulation of the CD3-zeta chain in sentinel node biopsies from breast cancer patientsJana Schüle
Department of Surgery, Central Hospital, Vasteras, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res Treat 74:33-40. 2002..Local immunosuppression in sentinel node biopsies from 24 evaluable breast cancer patients was studied as a possible way of selecting patients for immunotherapy...
- High-resolution linkage map in the vicinity of the Lp locusA Mullick
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Genomics 26:479-88. 1995..the Lp region, with the following locus order and interlocus distances (in cM): centromere--D1Mit110/Atp1 beta 1/Cd3 zeta/Cd3 eta/D1Mit145-D1Hun14/D1Mit15- D1Mit111/D1Mit112-D1Mit114-D1Mit148/D1Mit205+ ++/D1Mit36/D1Mit146/D1Mit147/..
- Specific isolation of placenta-derived exosomes from the circulation of pregnant women and their immunoregulatory consequencesAnuradha Sabapatha
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women s Health, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 56:345-55. 2006..In normal pregnancy, as factors linked with early immunomodulation decline, placental exosomes become critical in modulating T-cell activation, suppressing effector T cells by enhancing lymphocyte apoptosis and CD3-zeta loss...
- CD28 costimulation provided through a CD19-specific chimeric antigen receptor enhances in vivo persistence and antitumor efficacy of adoptively transferred T cellsClaudia M Kowolik
Divisions of Molecular Medicine, Beckman Research Institute and City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, USA
Cancer Res 66:10995-1004. 2006..These data imply that modifications to the CAR can result in improved therapeutic potential of CD19-specific T cells expressing this second-generation CAR...
- T lymphocyte development in the absence of CD3 epsilon or CD3 gamma delta epsilon zetaB Wang
Division of Immunology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Immunol 162:88-94. 1999..In de facto CD3 gamma delta epsilon zeta(null) mice generated by crossing the epsilon delta P mice with CD3 zeta-/- mice, thymopoiesis were arrested at the CD44-CD25+ DN stage as observed in RAG-/- mice, DJ and VDJ ..
- The intrinsically disordered cytoplasmic domain of the T cell receptor zeta chain binds to the nef protein of simian immunodeficiency virus without a disorder-to-order transitionAlexander B Sigalov
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Biochemistry 47:12942-4. 2008..Thus, our findings oppose the generally accepted view of the behavior of intrinsically disordered proteins and provide new evidence of the existence of specific interactions for unfolded protein molecules...
- Conformational effect of phosphorylation on T cell receptor/CD3 zeta-chain sequencesI Laczko
Institute of Biophysics, Biological Research Center, Szeged, Hungary
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 242:474-9. 1998..immunoreceptor activation motifs, zeta(69-86), zeta(106-126), and zeta(138-155), located in the T cell receptor/CD3 zeta-chain was investigated...
- Vav is a regulator of cytoskeletal reorganization mediated by the T-cell receptorK D Fischer
Institut für Medizinische Strahlenkunde und Zellforschung MSZ, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Curr Biol 8:554-62. 1998..We have investigated the role of Vav in T cells by generating vav-/- mice...
- Down-regulation of the T cell receptor CD3 zeta chain in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and its influence on T cell responsivenessL Berg
Department of Medicine, Unit of Rheumatology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Exp Immunol 120:174-82. 2000..behind this hyporesponsiveness is unclear, but a depressed expression of the T cell receptor (TCR)-associated CD3zeta chain has been suggested...
- Suppression of proximal T cell receptor signaling and lytic function in CD8+ tumor-infiltrating T cellsNgozi Monu
Department of Cell Biology, New York University Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Cancer Res 67:11447-54. 2007..Although CD3 zeta is phosphorylated by conjugation in vitro with cognate tumor cells, showing that TIL are triggered, PLC gamma-1, ..
- A deficient translocation of CD3ζ, ZAP-70 and Grb2 to lipid raft, as a hallmark of defective adaptive immune response during chronic hepatitis B infectionLuisa Barboza
Institute of Clinical Immunology, University of Los Andes, Merida, Venezuela
Cell Immunol 284:9-19. 2013....
- An entirely humanized CD3 zeta-chain signaling receptor that directs peripheral blood t cells to specific lysis of carcinoembryonic antigen-positive tumor cellsA Hombach
, Labor Tumorgenetik, , , Germany
Int J Cancer 88:115-20. 2000..antigen (CEA), the IgG hinge and CH2/CH3 (Fc) joining region, and the transmembrane and intracellular CD3 zeta signaling chain...
- Immune cell signaling in lupusG C Tsokos
Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, and Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910 7500, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 12:355-63. 2000..Accumulated research data have enabled us to begin deciphering the molecular basis of the abnormal lupus lymphocyte and may lead to the development of new medicinal treatments for lupus...
- Host immune responses to cervical cancerSwati Patel
Chiplunkar Lab, Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Centre, Navi Mumbai, India
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 21:54-9. 2009....
- Regulation of the p70zap tyrosine protein kinase in T cells by the CD45 phosphotyrosine phosphataseT Mustelin
Division of Cell Biology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, CA 92037, USA
Eur J Immunol 25:942-6. 1995..These findings suggest that CD45 plays an important role, direct or indirect, in the regulation of p70zap and its function in TcR/CD3 signaling...
- Effect of hydralazine on CD3-zeta chain expression in Jurkat T cellsR Januchowski
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Medical Sciences, ul Swiecickiego 6, 60 781 Poznan, Poland
Adv Med Sci 51:178-80. 2006..Hydralazine (HYD) inhibits expression of DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) and may cause a lupus-like disease in man...
- T cell receptor engagement triggers its CD3epsilon and CD3zeta subunits to adopt a compact, locked conformationRuth M Risueno
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 3:e1747. 2008..These results are consistent with a model in which transduction of the conformational change induced upon TCR triggering promotes condensation and shielding of the CD3 cytoplasmic tails...
- Altered signal transduction in SLE T cellsK Tenbrock
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Rheumatology, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:1525-30. 2007..The T cell receptor complex is rewired with the common FcRgamma chain replacing the CD3 zeta chain while the T cell surface membrane lipid rafts are aggregated...
- Cytolytic and cytotoxic activity of a human natural killer cell line genetically modified to specifically recognize HER-2/neu overexpressing tumor cellsF J Demirtzoglou
Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy Center, Saint Savas Cancer Hospital, Athens, Greece
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 28:571-90. 2006..of the HER-/neu specific scFv (FRP5) antibody fragment, joined to the peptide CD8 hinge region and the signaling CD3 zeta chain. NK92 cells expressing this chimeric receptor (NK92...
- CD3zeta expression and T cell proliferation are inhibited by TGF-beta1 and IL-10 in cervical cancer patientsCinthya E Díaz-Benítez
División de Infecciones Crónicas y Cáncer, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica de Mexico, Sta Maria Ahuacatitlan, 62508 Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
J Clin Immunol 29:532-44. 2009....
- CD2 signaling in T cells involves tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of the Tec family kinase, EMT/ITK/TSKP D King
Immunology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int Immunol 8:1707-14. 1996..that CD2-mediated activation of EMT required expression of LCK, but not require surface expression of the CD3 zeta chain...
- Cooperative interactions of simian immunodeficiency virus Nef, AP-2, and CD3-zeta mediate the selective induction of T-cell receptor-CD3 endocytosisTomek Swigut
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
J Virol 77:8116-26. 2003..The fact that Nef uses distinct AP-2 interaction surfaces to recruit specific membrane receptors demonstrates how Nef independently selects distinct types of target receptors and recruits them to AP-2 for endocytosis...
- Role and regulation of the splicing factor ASF/SF2 in human T lymphocyte physioloVAISHALI MOULTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..A critical signaling molecule known as the CD3 zeta chain is expressed in abnormally low amounts in the T cells of SLE patients, and this defect contributes to the ..
- Role of CD247 in Salt-Sensitive Hypertension and Renal DiseaseDavid L Mattson; Fiscal Year: 2013..data from unique animal models developed for this application in which recombination activating gene 1 (Rag1) or CD247, two important genes in immune cell signaling have been genetically mutated in the Dahl SS genetic background, ..
- Arginine Availability, Modulated by MDSC, Regulates T Cell Function in CancerAugusto C Ochoa; Fiscal Year: 2013..or cdk6), inhibits the production of IFNg (but not IL2), and blocks the expression of the T cell receptor z chain (CD3z), severely impairing T cell function...
- NK AND T-CELL DEVELOPMENT FROM HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSJeffrey Miller; Fiscal Year: 1999..Acquisition of CD7 on adult human CD34+ marrow cells correlates with CD3z transcription, a pattern observed in mature NK...
- Universal MUC1 Targeted ImmunotherapyRimas Orentas; Fiscal Year: 2009..This therapy, if proved successful, will have a significant impact for cancer patients and healthcare providers designing therapy for them in the United States and worldwide. ..
- Tumor-reactive IgG in the diagnosis of ovarian cancerDouglas Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, antigenic proteins, linked with histologic type and stage of disease, will be combined into the development of protein arrays to screen for circulating reactive IgG as an early diagnostic test. ..
- BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES OF HUMAN CELLS SURFACE MARKERSCORNELIS TERHORST; Fiscal Year: 2000..3. Characterize transcriptional elements involved in expression of the CD3-gamma gene in T cells. 4. Examine the coordinate regulation of the CD3-gamma, -delta, -epsilon genes during intrathymic differentiation. ..
- TREATMENT OF EAE USING GENETICALLY MODIFIED CTLTerrence Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will establish a precedent for the analogous use of GM-CTL as a therapy for human autoimmune disease. ..
- BIOMARKERS OF LUNG CANCER SUSCEPTIBILITY IN MINORITIESJohn Wiencke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be only the second large genetic epidemiologic study of lung cancer in African-Americans;African-American men in California have an 11% lifetime risk of lung cancer. ..
- T Cells in the Pathogenesis of Systemic SclerosisChris Platsoucas; Fiscal Year: 2005..d. To identify Thl, Th2, suppressor, anergic and CTL T-cell clones from those developed above, on the basis of expression patterns of their genes, using DNA array technology. ..
- Genetics of Longevity and Age-Sensitive Traits in MiceRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibition of nf-kb signaling in melanoma therapyJeffrey Sosman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Overcoming DC defects in cancer patients by VEGF trapJeffrey Sosman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thereby, the correlative studies described here may lead to the establishment of VEGF inhibition, VEGF Trap, specifically, as an approach to combine with and enhance cancer immunotherapy. ..
- RENAL MEDULLARY NITRIC OXIDE AND BLOOD PRESSUREDavid Mattson; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- WILD DERIVED MOUSE STOCKS--NEW MODELS FOR AGING RESEARCHRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- IS AAA AN ANTIGEN-DRIVEN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE? 'COLLABORATChris Platsoucas; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Cervical CancerAlessandro Santin; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will determine whether E7 antigen-loaded autologous DC vaccination offers the potential of therapeutic benefit for patients with HPV16 or HPV18-associated cervical cancer. ..
- THE FUNCTION OF T-BET IN T HELPER CELL DEVELOPMENTStanford Peng; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- GENETICS OF AGE SENSITIVE TRAITS IN MICERichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..At best, the program may permit the localization of loci that influence multiple age-sensitive domains and are thus plausible candidates for genes that regulate the rate of aging per se. ..
- MYCOPLASMA INFECTIONS AND CHILDHOOD ASTHMAT Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, I plan to investigate the effects of infection in a mouse model of asthma, which will permit the use of deletional mutant strains in the investigation of pathogenic mechanisms. ..