Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD247
Description: CD247 molecule
Alias: CD3-ZETA, CD3H, CD3Q, CD3Z, IMD25, T3Z, TCRZ, T-cell surface glycoprotein CD3 zeta chain, CD247 antigen, zeta subunit, CD3Z antigen, zeta polypeptide (TiT3 complex), CD3zeta chain, T-cell antigen receptor complex, zeta subunit of CD3, T-cell receptor T3 zeta chain, TCR zeta chain
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- Decreased stability and translation of T cell receptor zeta mRNA with an alternatively spliced 3'-untranslated region contribute to zeta chain down-regulation in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusBhabadeb Chowdhury
Department of Cellular Injury, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910 7500, USA
J Biol Chem 280:18959-66. 2005..Taken together our findings suggest that nucleotides 672-1233 bp of TCR zeta 3' UTR play a critical role in its stability and also have elements required for the translational regulation of TCR zeta chain expression in human T cells.
- Assembly of the TCR/CD3 complex: CD3 epsilon/delta and CD3 epsilon/gamma dimers associate indistinctly with both TCR alpha and TCR beta chains. Evidence for a double TCR heterodimer modelE San José
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, CSIC Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Eur J Immunol 28:12-21. 1998..These dimers assemble with TCR alpha and TCR beta chains, and finally, the CD3 zeta homodimer is added to allow export of the full complex from the ER...
- T cell receptor (TCR) interacting molecule (TRIM), a novel disulfide-linked dimer associated with the TCR-CD3-zeta complex, recruits intracellular signaling proteins to the plasma membraneE Bruyns
Institute for Immunology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Exp Med 188:561-75. 1998..Thus, TRIM represents a TCR-associated transmembrane adaptor protein which is likely involved in targeting of intracellular signaling proteins to the plasma membrane after triggering of the TCR...
- Recruitment of Nck by CD3 epsilon reveals a ligand-induced conformational change essential for T cell receptor signaling and synapse formationDiana Gil
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Madrid 20849, Spain
Cell 109:901-12. 2002..Finally, by interfering with Nck-CD3 epsilon association in vivo, we demonstrate that TCR-CD3 recruitment of Nck is critical for maturation of the immune synapse and for T cell activation...
- HIV-1 Nef control of cell signalling molecules: multiple strategies to promote virus replicationAlison L Greenway
Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Cnr Commercial and Punt Roads, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
J Biosci 28:323-35. 2003....
- Homooligomerization of the cytoplasmic domain of the T cell receptor zeta chain and of other proteins containing the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifAlexander Sigalov
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Biochemistry 43:2049-61. 2004..Phosphorylation of zeta(cyt) and FcepsilonRIgamma(cyt) does not significantly alter their oligomerization behavior. The implications of these results for transmembrane signaling and cellular activation by immune receptors are discussed...
- Role of Nef in primate lentiviral immunopathogenesisF Kirchhoff
Institute of Virology, University of Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:2621-36. 2008..This evolutionary loss of a specific Nef function may contribute to the high virulence of HIV-1 in humans...
- The RNA-stabilizing protein HuR regulates the expression of zeta chain of the human T cell receptor-associated CD3 complexVaishali R Moulton
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 283:20037-44. 2008..however, the molecular mechanisms involved in the deficient expression of the T cell receptor-associated CD3zeta chain in SLE are not clear...
- Genome-wide association study of systemic sclerosis identifies CD247 as a new susceptibility locusTimothy R D J Radstake
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 42:426-9. 2010..individuals with SSc (cases) and 4,569 controls) identified a new susceptibility locus for systemic sclerosis at CD247 (1q22-23, rs2056626, P = 2.09 x 10(-7) in the discovery samples, P = 3.39 x 10(-9) in the combined analysis)...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies in celiac disease and rheumatoid arthritis identifies fourteen non-HLA shared lociAlexandra Zhernakova
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS Genet 7:e1002004. 2011..2 × 10(-12)), rs864537 near CD247 (P(combined) = 2.2 × 10(-11)), rs2298428 near UBE2L3 (P(combined) = 2...
- Organization of the human T cell receptor zeta/eta gene and its genetic linkage to the Fc gamma RII-Fc gamma RIII gene clusterJ P Jensen
Experimental Immunology Branch, DCBDC National Cancer Institute National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 148:2563-71. 1992..Surprisingly, translation of this region into protein results in a structure that is markedly divergent from its murine counterpart. This finding has important implications regarding the potential role of eta in T cell function...
- Induction of Fas ligand expression by HIV involves the interaction of Nef with the T cell receptor zeta chainX N Xu
Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, United Kingdom
J Exp Med 189:1489-96. 1999..through Nef depended upon the integrity of the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAMs) of the TCR zeta chain. Conformation for the importance of zeta for Nef-mediated signaling in T cells came from an independent ..
- Cloning and characterization of human Lnk, an adaptor protein with pleckstrin homology and Src homology 2 domains that can inhibit T cell activationY Li
School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 164:5199-206. 2000..The overexpression of Lnk in Jurkat cells led to an inhibition of anti-CD3 mediated NF-AT-Luc activation. Our study reveals a potentially new mechanism of T cell-negative regulation...
- Polymorphisms in the CD3Z gene influence TCRzeta expression in systemic lupus erythematosus patients and healthy controlsClaire L Gorman
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, UK
J Immunol 180:1060-70. 2008TCRzeta (CD247) functions as an amplification module in the TCR signaling cascade and is essential for assembly and surface expression of the TCR/CD3 complex...
- T cell CD3 receptor zeta (TCRzeta)-chain expression in children with idiopathic nephrotic syndromeDiego H Aviles
Department of Pediatrics, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:769-73. 2009..Therefore, a decreased expression of the TCRzeta chain may explain the abnormal function of T cells in patients with INS, and it may also contribute to the increased risk for infections seen in these patients...
- The CD3Z 844 T>A polymorphism within the 3'-UTR of CD3Z confers increased risk of incidence of systemic lupus erythematosusT Warchoł
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Tissue Antigens 74:68-72. 2009Recently, a family-based association analysis showed that the haplotype carrying a low expression of the variant CD3Z 844 T>A (rs1052231) polymorphism located in the 3'-untranslated region of CD3Z predisposes to systemic lupus ..
- Sequential interactions of the TCR with two distinct cytoplasmic tyrosine kinasesM Iwashima
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Science 263:1136-9. 1994..Thus, TCR signal transduction is initiated by the sequential interaction of two PTKs with TCR ARAMs...
- Alternative splicing factor/splicing factor 2 regulates the expression of the zeta subunit of the human T cell receptor-associated CD3 complexVaishali R Moulton
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 285:12490-6. 2010T cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus express decreased levels of the T cell receptor-associated CD3 zeta chain, a feature directly linked to their aberrant function...
- Selection of peripheral and intestinal T lymphocytes lacking CD3 zetaS Simpson
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Int Immunol 7:287-93. 1995The CD3 zeta chain of the TCR plays a pivotal role in the activation of T cell responses toward foreign antigen and in the selection of the T cell repertoire...
- On down-regulation of the immune response to metastatic malignant melanomaA Hakansson
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Cancer Immunol Immunother 48:253-62. 1999....
- Molecular associations involving CD16, CD45 and zeta and gamma chains on human natural killer cellsJ G Altin
Division of Cell Biology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra
Immunol Cell Biol 72:87-96. 1994....
- The human natural killer cell receptor for major histocompatibility complex class I molecules. Surface modulation of p58 molecules and their linkage to CD3 zeta chain, Fc epsilon RI gamma chain and the p56lck kinaseC Bottino
Instituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Eur J Immunol 24:2527-34. 1994..The p58 receptor also revealed an association with molecules belonging to the zeta family (i.e. CD3 zeta and Fc epsilon RI gamma chains)...
- Alterations of T cell activation signalling and cytokine production by postmenopausal estrogen levelsLowell T Ku
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Immun Ageing 6:1. 2009....
- Early human T cell development: analysis of the human thymus at the time of initial entry of hematopoietic stem cells into the fetal thymic microenvironmentB F Haynes
Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Exp Med 181:1445-58. 1995..CD1b, then CD1c, then CD1a), TCR molecules (TCR-beta, then TCR-delta), CD45RA and CD45RO isoforms, CD28 (10 wk), CD3 zeta (12-13 wk), and CD6 (12,75 wk)...
- Development and function of T cells in T cell antigen receptor/CD3 zeta knockout mice reconstituted with Fc epsilon RI gammaC P Liu
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:616-21. 1997..Also, these results revealed a difference in the regulation of expression of the TCR/CD3 complex on CD4+ and CD8+ T cells...
- Pathways participating in activation of mouse uterine natural killer cells during pregnancyXuemei Xie
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Biol Reprod 73:510-8. 2005..activation pathways are known: FcRgamma/CD3zeta, DNAX-activating protein (DAP) 10, and DAP12 (genes Fcgr3/Cd3z, Hcst, and Tyrobp, respectively)...
- Tyrosine and serine protein kinase activities associated with ligand-induced internalized TCR/CD3 complexesF Luton
Center of Immunology INSERM CNRS, Marseille Luminy, France
J Immunol 158:3140-7. 1997..an in vitro kinase assay of CD3 immunoprecipitates from early and late endosome fractions showed that the CD3 zeta- and epsilon-chains were phosphorylated exclusively on tyrosine, whereas the CD3 gamma- and delta-chains were ..
- Definition of polymorphic residues on killer Ig-like receptor proteins which contribute to the HLA-C binding siteJ Richardson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Eur J Immunol 30:1480-5. 2000..The data presented here show that while multiple polymorphic residues contribute to the HLA-C binding site on KIR proteins, two clusters of polymorphic residues define the group allotype specificity of HLA-C binding to a KIR2D molecule...
- Prostate tumor microenvironment alters immune cells and prevents long-term survival in an orthotopic mouse model following flt3-ligand/CD40-ligand immunotherapyRichard P Ciavarra
Departments of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Virginia Prostate Center, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23501, USA
J Immunother 27:13-26. 2004..Overall, these data suggest that long-term cures of established MHC-negative tumors may not be achieved until therapeutic interventions are engineered to overcome this immunosuppressive microenvironment...
- Rat CD16 is defined by a family of class III Fc gamma receptors requiring co-expression of heteroprotein subunitsD L Farber
Department of Biological Sciences, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106
J Immunol 146:4352-61. 1991..between this sequence and the transmembrane sequences of two heteroprotein subunits, Fc epsilon RI gamma and CD3 zeta, known to interact with human and mouse class III receptors...
- A motif within the T cell receptor alpha chain constant region connecting peptide domain controls antigen responsivenessB T Backstrom
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
Immunity 5:437-47. 1996..This conserved alpha chain connecting peptide motif might mediate the transfer of signals from the alphabeta heterodimer to the CD3/zeta complex...
- Elements related to heterogeneity of antibody-dependent cell cytotoxicity in patients under trastuzumab therapy for primary operable breast cancer overexpressing Her2Stefania Varchetta
Oncology Department, Scientific Institute of Pavia, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, Istituti di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Pavia, Italy
Cancer Res 67:11991-9. 2007..of CD16(+) lymphocytes was influenced by 158 V/F polymorphism of Fc gamma RIII (CD16), whereas variations of CD247 on NK cells were consistent with trends between ADCC before and after therapy...
- CD3 eta and CD3 zeta are alternatively spliced products of a common genetic locus and are transcriptionally and/or post-transcriptionally regulated during T-cell developmentL K Clayton
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:5202-6. 1991..the organization of the mouse CD3 eta gene and show that it is part of one gene locus that also encodes CD3 zeta on chromosome 1...
- Changes in expression of signal transduction proteins in T lymphocytes of patients with leprosyA H Zea
Immunotherapy Program, Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans 70112, USA
Infect Immun 66:499-504. 1998..These novel findings might improve our understanding of the T-cell dysfunction observed in leprosy and other infectious diseases and consequently might lead to better immunologic evaluation of patients...
- Negative regulation of expression and function of Fc gamma RIII by CD3 zeta in murine NK cellsH Arase
Department of Molecular Genetics, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Immunol 166:21-5. 2001..Although NK cells express not only FcR gamma but also CD3 zeta, the role of CD3 zeta in NK cell function remains unclear...
- Developmental arrest of NK1.1+ T cell antigen receptor (TCR)-alpha/beta+ T cells and expansion of NK1.1+ TCR-gamma/delta+ T cell development in CD3 zeta-deficient miceH Arase
Division of Molecular Genetics, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
J Exp Med 182:891-5. 1995..1+ T cells was investigated. The TCR complex of freshly isolated NK1.1+ TCR-alpha/beta+ thymocytes contained CD3 zeta homodimers and CD zeta-FcR gamma heterodimers, whereas that of the majority of NK1...
- The combined effects of tryptophan starvation and tryptophan catabolites down-regulate T cell receptor zeta-chain and induce a regulatory phenotype in naive T cellsFrancesca Fallarino
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Immunol 176:6752-61. 2006....
- The loss of telomerase activity in highly differentiated CD8+CD28-CD27- T cells is associated with decreased Akt (Ser473) phosphorylationFiona J Plunkett
Department of Immunology and Molecular Pathology, University College London, 46 Cleveland Street, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 178:7710-9. 2007..chimeric receptors containing the signaling domains of CD28, CD27, CD137, CD134, and ICOS in series with the CD3 zeta (zeta) chain into primary human CD8(+) T cells...
- The T-cell antigen CD5 acts as a receptor and substrate for the protein-tyrosine kinase p56lckM Raab
Division of Tumor Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Mol Cell Biol 14:2862-70. 1994..CD5 interaction with p56lck represents a novel variant of a receptor-kinase complex in which receptor can also serve as substrate. The CD5-p56lck interaction is likely to play roles in T-cell signalling and T-B collaboration...
- Tissue eosinophilia in relation to immunopathological and clinical characteristics in Hodgkin's diseaseU Axdorph
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital and Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Leuk Lymphoma 42:1055-65. 2001..However, the differences in small cell distribution of CD8, TIA-1, GrB and CD57 between the histopathological groups and between LMP-1-expressing/non-expressing cases may contribute to our understanding of the biology of the disease...
- Modulation of T-cell CD3-zeta chain expression during normal pregnancyDouglas D Taylor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Reprod Immunol 54:15-31. 2002..Suppression of zeta expression appears to be due to a circulating low-molecular-weight protein that suppresses CD3-zeta in a concentration-dependent manner...
- Rat class III Fc gamma receptor isoforms differ in IgG subclass-binding specificity and fail to associate productively with rat CD3 zetaD L Farber
Department of Biological Sciences, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106
J Immunol 150:4364-75. 1993..Cloned cDNA for the rat CD3 zeta protein was also isolated in this study and its ability to augment surface expression of class III Fc gamma R was ..
- T cell development and T cell responses in mice with mutations affecting tyrosines 292 or 315 of the ZAP-70 protein tyrosine kinaseA Magnan
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS Univ Med, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Exp Med 194:491-505. 2001..The present in vivo analyses extend previous data based on transformed T cell lines and suggest that residue Y292 plays a role in attenuation of TCR signaling, whereas residue Y315 enhances ZAP-70 function...
- VLA-4 integrin concentrates at the peripheral supramolecular activation complex of the immune synapse and drives T helper 1 responsesMaria Mittelbrunn
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid 28006, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11058-63. 2004..These data reveal a regulatory role of alpha 4 integrins on T lymphocyte-antigen presenting cell cognate immune interactions...
- Alterations in T-cell signal transduction molecules associated with recurrent spontaneous pregnancy lossDouglas D Taylor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Louisville, School of Medicine, 511 S Floyd Street, MDR 420, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Reprod Immunol 63:137-54. 2004..Our findings indicate that women experiencing RSA fail to suppress CD3-zeta and JAK3, suggesting a deficiency in this circulating factor that induces their suppression in normal pregnancy...
- Rhabdomyosarcoma lysis by T cells expressing a human autoantibody-based chimeric receptor targeting the fetal acetylcholine receptorStefan Gattenlohner
Institute of Pathology, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Cancer Res 66:24-8. 2006....
- Conversion of a tumor-binding peptide identified by phage display to a functional chimeric T cell antigen receptorC R J Pameijer
Division of General and Oncologic Surgery, Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 14:91-7. 2007..Our data suggest that large new repertoires of tumor-specific T cell antigen receptor transgenes might be available through merging combinatorial peptide libraries with CAR construct design...
- Arginase activity mediates reversible T cell hyporesponsiveness in human pregnancyPascale Kropf
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Eur J Immunol 37:935-45. 2007..Arginase-mediated L-arginine depletion induces down-regulation of CD3 zeta, the main signalling chain of the TCR, and functional T cell hyporesponsiveness...
- Three phase II cytokine working group trials of gp100 (210M) peptide plus high-dose interleukin-2 in patients with HLA-A2-positive advanced melanomaJeffrey A Sosman
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center Vanderbilt, University Medical Center, Section of Hematology Oncology, 777 Preston Research Bldg, Nashville, TN 37232 6307, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2292-8. 2008..We evaluated 210M with one of three different IL-2 schedules to determine whether a basis exists for a phase III trial...
- T-cell receptor zeta-chain expression on tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes from renal cell carcinomaG Cardi
The Uro Oncology Group of the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756 0001, USA
Cancer Res 57:3517-9. 1997..The loss of zeta-chain expression that was noted by others may be related to differences in laboratory method, and the small changes we have noted are unlikely to be sufficient in explaining the immunosuppression of TILs...
- The recombinant T cell receptor strategy: insights into structure and function of recombinant immunoreceptors on the way towards an optimal receptor design for cellular immunotherapyAndreas Hombach
Lab Tumorgenetik, Klinik I fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, D 50924 Koln, Germany
Curr Gene Ther 2:211-26. 2002..g., the Fc epsilon RI receptor gamma-chain or the CD3 zeta-chain...
- Novel mouse mutants with primary cellular immunodeficiencies generated by genome-wide mutagenesisThilo Jakob
Allergy Research Group, Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:179-184.e7. 2008..Primary cellular immunodeficiencies are a group of genetic disorders in which 1 or more components of the cellular immune system are lacking or dysfunctional...
- Dominance of CD4+ lymphocytic infiltrates with disturbed effector cell characteristics in the tumor microenvironment of prostate carcinomaKathleen Ebelt
Institute of Molecular Immunology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Munich, Germany
Prostate 68:1-10. 2008..The goal of this investigation was to assess in situ characteristics of prostate cancer-infiltrating lymphocytes and to determine their activation status and effector function...
- Characterization of immature thymocyte lines derived from T-cell receptor or recombination activating gene 1 and p53 double mutant miceP Mombaerts
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7420-4. 1995..These lines will be useful tools to study the molecular structure and signal transducing properties of partial CD3-TCR complexes expressed on the surface of immature thymocytes...
- Addition of the CD28 signaling domain to chimeric T-cell receptors enhances chimeric T-cell resistance to T regulatory cellsA Loskog
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Leukemia 20:1819-28. 2006..When a CD19 single-chain Fv antibody was coupled to the CD3 zeta (zeta) chain, there was sharply reduced activity on exposure to T regulatory cells, measured by CD19+ target-..
- Targeting of tumor cells expressing the prostate stem cell antigen (PSCA) using genetically engineered T-cellsAgnieszka Morgenroth
Institute of Immunology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Prostate 67:1121-31. 2007..It is broadly expressed on the surface of primary PCa cells as well as on PCa metastases...
- Molecular cloning of the CD3 eta subunit identifies a CD3 zeta-related product in thymus-derived cellsY J Jin
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:3319-23. 1990The CD3 eta subunit of the T-cell antigen receptor forms a heterodimeric structure with the CD3 zeta subunit in thymus-derived lymphoid cells and is apparently involved in signal transduction through the receptor...
- Tumor-associated macrophage (TAM) infiltration in gastric cancerSumiya Ishigami
First Department of Surgery, Kagoshima University School of Medicine, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890, Japan
Anticancer Res 23:4079-83. 2003..Tumor-associated macrophages (TAMs) are defined as macrophages that migrate into the tumor stroma. TAMs are known to directly or indirectly affect immune suppression. TAMs have not previously been reported in gastric cancer...
- Modulation of CD3-zeta as a marker of clinical response to IL-2 therapy in ovarian cancer patientsDouglas D Taylor
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Gynecol Oncol 94:54-60. 2004..The aims of this study were to identify the circulating component that modulated zeta expression and to define whether this suppressive activity could serve as a marker of biotherapy responsiveness...
- Profiling lymphocyte subpopulations in peripheral blood under efalizumab treatment of psoriasis by multi epitope ligand cartography (MELC) robot microscopyBernd Bonnekoh
Clinic for Dermatology and Venereology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 16:623-35. 2006..led furthermore to an increase of the numbers of CD3+, CD4+, CD8+, CD44+, CD45+, CD45R0+, CD45 RA+, CD52+, CD58+, CD247+, HLA-DR+ and Sambucus nigra lectin-reactive lymphocytes (by factors from 2.0 to 3.3x)...
- Enhanced immunogenicity of CTL antigens through mutation of the CD8 binding MHC class I invariant regionLinda Wooldridge
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, University of Cardiff, Cardiff, UK
Eur J Immunol 37:1323-33. 2007..These CD8-enhanced antigens induce greater CD3 zeta chain phosphorylation in cognate CTL leading to substantial increases in cytokine production, proliferation and ..
- Variation in the Cd3 zeta (Cd247) gene correlates with altered T cell activation and is associated with autoimmune diabetesMarie Lundholm
Department of Medical Biosciences, Medical and Clinical Genetics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Immunol 184:5537-44. 2010..we identify a novel diabetes susceptibility gene, Idd28, in the NOD mouse and provide evidence that Cd3zeta (Cd247) constitutes a prime candidate gene for this locus...
- Genome-wide scan identifies TNIP1, PSORS1C1, and RHOB as novel risk loci for systemic sclerosisYannick Allanore
Universite Paris Descartes, Rhumatologie A, INSERM, U1016, Hopital Cochin, APHP, Paris, France
PLoS Genet 7:e1002091. 2011..The genetic signal of association with TNIP1 variants, together with tissular and cellular investigations, suggests that this pathway has a critical role in regulating autoimmunity and SSc pathogenesis...
- CD27 costimulation augments the survival and antitumor activity of redirected human T cells in vivoDe Gang Song
Ovarian Cancer Research Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Blood 119:696-706. 2012..T cells transduced to express an antigen-specific chimeric antigen receptor (CAR-T) containing an intracellular CD3 zeta (CD3ζ) chain signaling module with the CD27 costimulatory motif in tandem exerted increased antigen-stimulated ..
- Genetic association of CD247 (CD3ζ) with SLE in a large-scale multiethnic studyM Martins
1 Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Lisboa, Portugal 2 Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência, Oeiras, Portugal
Genes Immun 16:142-50. 2015..However, genetic associations with SLE in the human CD247 locus that encodes CD3ζ are not well established and require replication in independent cohorts...
- Modification of Expanded NK Cells with Chimeric Antigen Receptor mRNA for Adoptive Cellular TherapyYaya Chu
Department of Pediatrics, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, 10595, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1441:215-30. 2016....
- CD3 zeta subunit can substitute for the gamma subunit of Fc epsilon receptor type I in assembly and functional expression of the high-affinity IgE receptor: evidence for interreceptor complementationF D Howard
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:7015-9. 1990..However, addition of CD3 zeta RNA to Fc epsilon RI alpha and Fc epsilon RI beta RNAs restores IgE receptor surface expression when this ..
- Double-negative thymocyte subsets in CD3 zeta chain-deficient mice: absence of HSA+CD44-CD25- cellsT Crompton
Centre d Immunologie INSERM CNRS de Marseille Luminy, University of Edinburgh, GB
Eur J Immunol 24:1903-7. 1994Double-negative (DN) thymocyte subsets were examined in mice deficient in the CD3 zeta chain (zeta-/-)...
- The inositol 5'-phosphatase SHIP binds to immunoreceptor signaling motifs and responds to high affinity IgE receptor aggregationM A Osborne
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Hoffmann La Roche, Inc, Nutley, New Jersey 07110, USA
J Biol Chem 271:29271-8. 1996..SHIP is constitutively tyrosine-phosphorylated and associated with Shc and Grb2. These data suggest that SHIP may serve as a multifunctional linker protein in receptor activation...
- The single positive T cells found in CD3-zeta/eta-/- mice overtly react with self-major histocompatibility complex molecules upon restoration of normal surface density of T cell receptor-CD3 complexS Y Lin
Centre d Immunologie, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale Centre National de Recherche Scientifique de Marseille Luminy, France
J Exp Med 185:707-15. 1997..These results demonstrate that by increasing the density and/or output of the T cell receptors expressed in peripheral T cells, one can confer them with the capacity to respond to normal density of self-MHC molecules...
- TCR activation of human T cells induces the production of exosomes bearing the TCR/CD3/zeta complexNicolas Blanchard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 520, Institut Curie, Paris, France
J Immunol 168:3235-41. 2002....
- Comparative analysis of human NK cell activation induced by NKG2D and natural cytotoxicity receptorsPascale Andre
Innate Pharma SA, Marseille, France
Eur J Immunol 34:961-71. 2004..The adaptors that associate with NCR--such as CD3 zeta, FcR gamma and KARAP/DAP12--bear intracytoplasmic immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs that activate ..
- Tumour-derived exosomes and their role in cancer-associated T-cell signalling defectsD D Taylor
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Br J Cancer 92:305-11. 2005..These results indicate that, while 'exosomes' express tumour antigens, leading to their proposed utility as tumour vaccines, they also can suppress T-cell signalling molecules and induce apoptosis...
- Defective CD3zeta chain expression in Herpesvirus saimiri (HVS)-derived T-cell lines in gastric adenocarcinomaMercedes Lopez-Santalla
Inmunologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
Cell Immunol 238:113-22. 2005Low expression of the CD3zeta chain has been reported in patients with cancer and it has been suggested that tumor-derived factors are involved in its downregulation...
- Altered T and B lymphocyte signaling pathways in lupusStanford L Peng
Clinical Research and Exploratory Development, 3431 Hillview Ave, M S A2 259, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Autoimmun Rev 8:179-83. 2009..This review focuses on recently elucidated signaling abnormalities currently thought to be intrinsic to T and/or B cells in human SLE...
- Association of CD247 with systemic lupus erythematosus in Asian populationsR Li
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Anhui Medical University, China
Lupus 21:75-83. 2012Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a prototypic autoimmune disease with complex genetic inheritance. CD247 (CD3Z, TCRZ) plays a vital role in antigen recognition and signal transduction in antigen-specific immune responses, and is ..
- Directly infected resting CD4+T cells can produce HIV Gag without spreading infection in a model of HIV latencyMatthew J Pace
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002818. 2012..These results have implications for therapies targeting the latent reservoir and suggest that some latent cells could be cleared by a robust immune response...
- Spatially conserved regulatory elements identified within human and mouse Cd247 gene using high-throughput sequencing data from the ENCODE projectSachin Pundhir
Center for non coding RNA in Technology and Health, University of Copenhagen, Grønnegå̊rdsvej 3, 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark IKVH, University of Copenhagen, Grønnegå̊rdsvej 3, 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Gene 545:80-7. 2014The Cd247 gene encodes for a transmembrane protein important for the expression and assembly of TCR/CD3 complex on the surface of T lymphocytes...
- Macrophage infection via selective capture of HIV-1-infected CD4+ T cellsAmy E Baxter
The Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, UK Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, H2X 0A9, Canada Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CRCHUM, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, H2X 0A9, Canada
Cell Host Microbe 16:711-21. 2014..These results have implications for establishment of the macrophage reservoir and HIV-1 dissemination in vivo...
- Extracellular 2'5'-oligoadenylate synthetase 2 mediates T-cell receptor CD3-ζ chain down-regulation via caspase-3 activation in oral cancerAsif A Dar
Chiplunkar Laboratory, Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer ACTREC, Tata Memorial Centre, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India
Immunology 147:251-64. 2016..Collectively these results show that OAS2 leads to impairment in CD3-ζ chain expression, so offering an explanation that might be applicable to the CD3-ζ chain deficiency observed in cancer and diverse disease conditions. ..
- Human genomic sequences corresponding to murine CD3 eta-related transcripts: lack of conservation or expression of homologous human productsA Lerner
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Eur J Immunol 22:2135-40. 1992We have cloned and sequenced human genomic DNA homologous to exons 9 and 10 of the CD3 zeta/eta/theta locus...
- Protein tyrosine kinase p59fyn is associated with the T cell receptor-CD3 complex in functional human lymphocytesM Gassmann
Department of Biology, Pharmaceutical Research New Technologies, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 22:283-6. 1992....
- Expression of the zeta protein subunit in CD3- NK effectors derived from human thymusM S Beecher
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263
Cell Immunol 155:508-16. 1994....
- The human low affinity immunoglobulin G Fc receptor III-A and III-B genes. Molecular characterization of the promoter regionsJ E Gessner
Department of Immunology, Hannover Medical School, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 270:1350-61. 1995..It is suggested that these nucleotide differences might contribute to cell type-specific transcription of Fc gamma RIII genes...
- Targeted disruption of the CD3 eta locus causes high lethality in mice: modulation of Oct-1 transcription on the opposite strandH Ohno
Division of Molecular Genetics, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
EMBO J 13:1157-65. 1994b>CD3 zeta and eta chains are components of the T cell antigen receptor (TCR) complex and are transcribed from a common gene by alternative splicing...
- Abnormal T cell development in CD3-zeta-/- mutant mice and identification of a novel T cell population in the intestineC P Liu
Division of Immunology, Beth Israel Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215
EMBO J 12:4863-75. 1993..In comparison to thymus-derived peripheral T cells in the spleen and lymph nodes, the preferential expression of normal levels of TCR/CD3 in intestinal IELs suggested they mature via an independent extrathymic pathway...
- Human and mouse killer-cell inhibitory receptors recruit PTP1C and PTP1D protein tyrosine phosphatasesL Olcese
Center for Immunology, INSERM CNRS of Marseille Luminy, France
J Immunol 156:4531-4. 1996....
- Binding affinities of the SH2 domains of ZAP-70, p56lck and Shc to the zeta chain ITAMs of the T-cell receptor determined by surface plasmon resonanceM E Labadia
Department of Immunological Diseases, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877, USA
J Leukoc Biol 59:740-6. 1996..The results indicate that binding affinities of distinct SH2 domains to individual and paired phosphorylation sites greatly differ, and may dictate the sequence of signal transduction events...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation and recruitment of ZAP-70 to the CD3-TCR complex are defective after CD2 stimulationP Hubert
Laboratory of Cellular and Tissue Immunology, CNRS URA 625, Paris, France
J Immunol 157:4322-32. 1996..Altogether, these findings suggest that CD2 could bypass the PTK ZAP-70 for PLCgamma-1 activation and involves a preferential cascade comprising p56lck and a p62 protein, possibly acting as an anchor molecule...
- The cytoplasmic tail of killer inhibitory receptor (KIR) associates with TCR zeta in a phosphorylation-dependent mannerH I Cho
Department of Microbiology and Institute for Immunology and Immunological Diseases, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Immunol Lett 68:339-45. 1999..These results suggest that the cytoplasmic tail of KIR may couple to TCR zeta in a phosphorylation-dependent manner, so it could fine-tune the activation signals induced via the TCR...
- Restoration of expression of signal-transduction molecules in lymphocytes from patients with metastatic renal cell cancer after combination immunotherapyJ W Gratama
Department of Medical and Tumor Immunology, University Hospital Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, The Netherlands
Cancer Immunol Immunother 48:263-9. 1999....
- Multiple site-specific infrared dichroism of CD3-zeta, a transmembrane helix bundleJaume Torres
Cambridge Centre for Molecular Recognition, Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1GA, UK
J Mol Biol 316:365-74. 2002..Taken together, this study represents the first step towards elucidation of the backbone structure of a transmembrane alpha-helical bundle by infrared spectroscopy...
- T-cell-rich B-cell lymphoma - diagnostic and therapeutic aspectsUlla Axdorph
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital and Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
APMIS 110:379-90. 2002....
- Retargeting of natural killer-cell cytolytic activity to ErbB2-expressing cancer cells results in efficient and selective tumor cell destructionChristoph Uherek
Chemotherapeutisches Forschungsinstitut Georg Speyer Haus, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Blood 100:1265-73. 2002..antibody fragment, a flexible hinge region derived from CD8, and transmembrane and intracellular regions of the CD3 zeta chain...
- Granzyme B-mediated degradation of T-cell receptor zeta chainEva Wieckowski
Department of Pathology, The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Cancer Res 62:4884-9. 2002..TCR-zeta protein degradation may be of significance in cytotoxic mechanisms directed against T cells infected with viruses, such as HIV-1, in which the TCR-zeta protein is used for viral pathogenesis...
- Redirecting T lymphocyte specificity using T cell receptor genesBarbara L F Kaplan
Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Int Rev Immunol 22:229-53. 2003..encoding TCRalpha and TCRbeta chain genes, or chimeric immunoglobulin (cIg) genes containing signaling domains of CD3 zeta or Fc epsilon RI-gamma...
- Splice variant in TCRzeta links T cell receptor signaling to a G-protein-related signaling pathwayT Prescott Atkinson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 310:761-6. 2003....
- Unc119, a novel activator of Lck/Fyn, is essential for T cell activationMagdalena M Gorska
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555, USA
J Exp Med 199:369-79. 2004..Reconstitution of cells with Unc119 reverses the signaling and functional outcome. Thus, Unc119 is a receptor-associated activator of Src-type kinases. It provides a novel mechanism of signal generation in the TCR complex...
- Immunotherapy of cancer using systemically delivered gene-modified human T lymphocytesMichele W L Teng
Cancer Immunology Program, Sir Donald and Lady Trescowthick Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne 8006, Australia
Hum Gene Ther 15:699-708. 2004..These preclinical studies are an important proof of principle that human T cells may be genetically redirected to tumors in cancer patients...
- Chronic exacerbation of equine heaves is associated with an increased expression of interleukin-17 mRNA in bronchoalveolar lavage cellsMarie Debrue
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Montreal, 3200 Sicotte, Saint Hyacinthe, Que, Canada J2S7C6
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 105:25-31. 2005..These preliminary results suggest that IL-17 may contribute in the pathogenesis of horses with heaves following chronic antigen challenge...
- Tumor-associated macrophages and CD3-zeta expression of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in human esophageal squamous-cell carcinomaS J Guo
Department of Immunology, Cancer Institute and Cancer Hospital, Peking Uninion Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Dis Esophagus 20:107-16. 2007..029 and P = 0.031, respectively)...
- VAISHALI MOULTON; Fiscal Year: 2016..A critical signaling molecule known as the CD3 zeta chain is expressed in abnormally low amounts in the T cells of SLE patients, and this defect contributes to the ..
- David L Mattson; Fiscal Year: 2016..data from unique animal models developed for this application in which recombination activating gene 1 (Rag1) or CD247, two important genes in immune cell signaling have been genetically mutated in the Dahl SS genetic background, ..
- Arginine Availability, Modulated by MDSC, Regulates T Cell Function in CancerAugusto C Ochoa; Fiscal Year: 2013..or cdk6), inhibits the production of IFNg (but not IL2), and blocks the expression of the T cell receptor z chain (CD3z), severely impairing T cell function...
- NK AND T-CELL DEVELOPMENT FROM HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSJeffrey Miller; Fiscal Year: 1999..Acquisition of CD7 on adult human CD34+ marrow cells correlates with CD3z transcription, a pattern observed in mature NK...
- Universal MUC1 Targeted ImmunotherapyRimas Orentas; Fiscal Year: 2009..This therapy, if proved successful, will have a significant impact for cancer patients and healthcare providers designing therapy for them in the United States and worldwide. ..
- Tumor-reactive IgG in the diagnosis of ovarian cancerDouglas Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, antigenic proteins, linked with histologic type and stage of disease, will be combined into the development of protein arrays to screen for circulating reactive IgG as an early diagnostic test. ..
- TREATMENT OF EAE USING GENETICALLY MODIFIED CTLTerrence Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will establish a precedent for the analogous use of GM-CTL as a therapy for human autoimmune disease. ..
- BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES OF HUMAN CELLS SURFACE MARKERSCORNELIS TERHORST; Fiscal Year: 2000..3. Characterize transcriptional elements involved in expression of the CD3-gamma gene in T cells. 4. Examine the coordinate regulation of the CD3-gamma, -delta, -epsilon genes during intrathymic differentiation. ..
- WILD DERIVED MOUSE STOCKS--NEW MODELS FOR AGING RESEARCHRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- IS AAA AN ANTIGEN-DRIVEN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE? 'COLLABORATChris Platsoucas; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Overcoming DC defects in cancer patients by VEGF trapJeffrey Sosman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thereby, the correlative studies described here may lead to the establishment of VEGF inhibition, VEGF Trap, specifically, as an approach to combine with and enhance cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Inhibition of nf-kb signaling in melanoma therapyJeffrey Sosman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Genetics of Longevity and Age-Sensitive Traits in MiceRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- T Cells in the Pathogenesis of Systemic SclerosisChris Platsoucas; Fiscal Year: 2005..d. To identify Thl, Th2, suppressor, anergic and CTL T-cell clones from those developed above, on the basis of expression patterns of their genes, using DNA array technology. ..
- BIOMARKERS OF LUNG CANCER SUSCEPTIBILITY IN MINORITIESJohn Wiencke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be only the second large genetic epidemiologic study of lung cancer in African-Americans;African-American men in California have an 11% lifetime risk of lung cancer. ..
- RENAL MEDULLARY NITRIC OXIDE AND BLOOD PRESSUREDavid Mattson; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Cervical CancerAlessandro Santin; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will determine whether E7 antigen-loaded autologous DC vaccination offers the potential of therapeutic benefit for patients with HPV16 or HPV18-associated cervical cancer. ..
- GENETICS OF AGE SENSITIVE TRAITS IN MICERichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..At best, the program may permit the localization of loci that influence multiple age-sensitive domains and are thus plausible candidates for genes that regulate the rate of aging per se. ..
- THE FUNCTION OF T-BET IN T HELPER CELL DEVELOPMENTStanford Peng; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MYCOPLASMA INFECTIONS AND CHILDHOOD ASTHMAT Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, I plan to investigate the effects of infection in a mouse model of asthma, which will permit the use of deletional mutant strains in the investigation of pathogenic mechanisms. ..