Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD244
Description: CD244 molecule
Alias: 2B4, NAIL, NKR2B4, Nmrk, SLAMF4, natural killer cell receptor 2B4, CD244 molecule, natural killer cell receptor 2B4, NK cell activation inducing ligand NAIL, NK cell activation-inducing ligand, NK cell type I receptor protein 2B4, SLAM family member 4, h2B4, signaling lymphocytic activation molecule 4
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- 2B4 is constitutively associated with linker for the activation of T cells in glycolipid-enriched microdomains: properties required for 2B4 lytic functionJennifer Klem
Department of Pathology and Graduate Program in Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9072, USA
J Immunol 169:55-62. 2002b>2B4 is a receptor belonging to the Ig superfamily and is found on all murine NK cells as well as a small subset of T cells...
- Identification of a novel signal transduction surface molecule on human cytotoxic lymphocytesN M Valiante
Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
J Exp Med 178:1397-406. 1993..Taken as a whole, our results suggest that p38 may have a direct role in the recognition, signal transduction, and/or lytic mechanisms of non-MHC-restricted cytotoxicity...
- 2B4, the natural killer and T cell immunoglobulin superfamily surface protein, is a ligand for CD48M H Brown
Medical Research Council Cellular Immunology Unit, Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3RE, United Kingdom
J Exp Med 188:2083-90. 1998b>2B4 is a cell surface glycoprotein related to CD2 and implicated in the regulation of natural killer and T lymphocyte function...
- Cutting edge: human 2B4, an activating NK cell receptor, recruits the protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2 and the adaptor signaling protein SAPS G Tangye
Department of Immunobiology, DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Immunol 162:6981-5. 1999..SLAM exhibits homology with the mouse cell surface receptor 2B4. The human homologue of 2B4 has now been identified. It is recognized by the c1...
- Activating interactions in human NK cell recognition: the role of 2B4-CD48H Nakajima
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 29:1676-83. 1999b>2B4 is a cell surface glycoprotein of the immunoglobulin superfamily structurally related to CD2-like molecules...
- X-linked lymphoproliferative disease. 2B4 molecules displaying inhibitory rather than activating function are responsible for the inability of natural killer cells to kill Epstein-Barr virus-infected cellsS Parolini
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita di Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
J Exp Med 192:337-46. 2000b>2B4 is a surface molecule involved in activation of the natural killer (NK) cell-mediated cytotoxicity...
- NK cell inhibitory receptors prevent tyrosine phosphorylation of the activation receptor 2B4 (CD244)C Watzl
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Immunol 165:3545-8. 2000b>2B4 is an NK cell activation receptor that can provide a co-stimulatory signal to other activation receptors and whose mode of signal transduction is still unknown...
- 2B4-mediated activation of human natural killer cellsS G Tangye
Centenary Institute for Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology, Immune Relation Group, University of Sydney, Locked Bag 6, Newtown, NSW 2042, Sydney, Australia
Mol Immunol 37:493-501. 2000b>2B4 is a member of the CD2 subset of the immunoglobulin superfamily of cell surface receptors. Other members of this family include CD2, CD48, CD58, CD84, signaling lymphocytic activation molecule and Ly-9...
- Structural basis for the interaction of the free SH2 domain EAT-2 with SLAM receptors in hematopoietic cellsM Morra
Division of Immunology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
EMBO J 20:5840-52. 2001..EAT-2 binds to the phosphorylated receptors CD84, CD150, CD229 and CD244, and acts as a natural inhibitor, which interferes with the recruitment of the tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2...
- 2B4 (CD244)-mediated activation of cytotoxicity and IFN-gamma release in human NK cells involves distinct pathwaysS S Chuang
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology and Institute for Cancer Research, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
J Immunol 167:6210-6. 20012B4 (CD244), a member of the CD2 subset of the Ig superfamily receptors, is expressed on all human NK cells, a subpopulation of T cells, basophils and monocytes...
- Molecular dissection of 2B4 signaling: implications for signal transduction by SLAM-related receptorsRiyan Chen
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 24:5144-56. 2004b>2B4 is a SLAM-related receptor expressed on natural killer (NK) cells and cytotoxic T cells. It can regulate killing and gamma interferon secretion by NK cells, as well as T-cell-mediated cytotoxicity...
- SAP controls the cytolytic activity of CD8+ T cells against EBV-infected cellsLoïc Dupré
San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
Blood 105:4383-9. 2005..This defect is associated with the defective polarization of 2B4, perforin, and lipid rafts at the contact area of CTLs with EBV-positive targets...
- Molecular basis for positive and negative signaling by the natural killer cell receptor 2B4 (CD244)Philipp Eissmann
Institute for Immunology, University Heidelberg, Germany
Blood 105:4722-9. 2005Triggering of 2B4 (CD244) can induce natural killer (NK)-cell activation, costimulation, or even inhibition of NK-cell activity. Here, we investigate the molecular basis for the different signals generated by 2B4...
- Direct and indirect interactions of the cytoplasmic region of CD244 (2B4) in mice and humans with FYN kinaseNicholas G Clarkson
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:25385-94. 2007Engagement of the receptor CD244 (2B4) by its ligand CD48 has inhibitory and activating potential, and this differs depending on experimental systems in mouse and human...
- Inhibition and activation by CD244 depends on CD2 and phospholipase C-gamma1Nicholas G Clarkson
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:24725-34. 2009Regulation by the NK and T cell surface receptor CD244 in mice and humans depends both on engagement at the cell surface by CD48 and intracellular interactions with SAP and EAT-2...
- The immunoregulatory role of CD244 in chronic hepatitis B infection and its inhibitory potential on virus-specific CD8+ T-cell functionBijan Raziorrouh
Medical Department II and Institute for Immunology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Hepatology 52:1934-47. 2010..present study, we investigated the role of the signaling lymphocyte activation molecule (SLAM)-related receptor CD244 and of programmed death 1 (PD-1) in HBV infection in 15 acutely and 66 chronically infected patients as well as 9 ..
- 2B4 utilizes ITAM-containing receptor complexes to initiate intracellular signaling and cytolysisANYA T BIDA
Department of Immunology, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, United States
Mol Immunol 48:1149-59. 2011b>2B4 is a member of the SLAM receptor family capable of activating NK cell cytotoxicity in the context of EBV infection...
- Dual function of the NK cell receptor 2B4 (CD244) in the regulation of HCV-specific CD8+ T cellsVerena Schlaphoff
Department for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002045. 2011..The NK cell receptor 2B4 (CD244) is a transmembrane protein belonging to the Ig superfamily which can also be expressed by CD8+ T cells...
- Molecular characterization of a novel human natural killer cell receptor homologous to mouse 2B4K S Boles
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth 76107 2699, USA
Tissue Antigens 54:27-34. 1999..However, we have previously described an activating receptor, 2B4, expressed on all murine NK cells and a subset of T cells that mediate non-major histocompatibility complex (MHC) ..
- Molecular cloning and biological characterization of NK cell activation-inducing ligand, a counterstructure for CD48M Z Kubin
Department of Immunobiology, Immunex Corporation, Seattle, USA
Eur J Immunol 29:3466-77. 1999..and a proportion of CD8(+) T cells, we cloned a novel molecule we refer to as NK cell activation-inducing ligand (NAIL)...
- Molecular basis of the dual functions of 2B4 (CD244)Lukasz K Chlewicki
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Immunol 180:8159-67. 2008b>2B4 belongs to the CD2 family of molecules and is expressed on all NK, gammadelta, and memory CD8(+) (alphabeta) T cells...
- Identification of the 2B4 molecule as a counter-receptor for CD48Y Latchman
Department of Immunology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 161:5809-12. 1998The CD48 molecule belongs to a subfamily of the Ig superfamily that also includes the CD2, CD58, 2B4, Signaling lymphocyte activation molecule (SLAM), and Ly-9 molecules...
- Pachyonychia congenita: therapeutic and immunologic aspectsA E Rohold
Department of Dermatology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Pediatr Dermatol 7:307-9. 1990A 4-year-old girl with pachyonychia congenita was followed from birth. During childhood, slow progression of the nail hypertrophy was seen because she was not willing to have the nails ground or cut...
- Herlitz junctional epidermolysis bullosa presenting at birth with anonychia: a case report and review of H-JEBK Parsapour
Departments of Pediatrics and Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 18:217-22. 2001A 15-day-old Yemeni boy presented with anonychia and granulomatous nail beds and white patches in the mouth. Biopsy specimens from the nail beds were nondiagnostic...
- Topical application of acidified nitrite to the nail renders it antifungal and causes nitrosation of cysteine groups in the nail plateM J Finnen
Prostrakan Pharmaceuticals, Buckholm Mill Brae, Galashiels TS1 2HB, UK
Br J Dermatol 157:494-500. 2007Topical treatment of nail diseases is hampered by the nail plate barrier, consisting of dense cross-linked keratin fibres held together by cysteine-rich proteins and disulphide bonds, which prevents penetration of antifungal agents to the ..
- Yellow nail syndrome: treatment with octreotideGunnar Hillerdal
Department of Lung Medicine and Allergy Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Respir J 1:120-1. 2007The yellow nail syndrome (YNS) is the triad of 'yellow' nails, peripheral oedema and pleural effusions. For diagnosis, which is clinical, at least two of these findings are necessary...
- Cytochrome b5 increases the rate of product formation by cytochrome P450 2B4 and competes with cytochrome P450 reductase for a binding site on cytochrome P450 2B4Haoming Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Biol Chem 282:29766-76. 2007The kinetics of product formation by cytochrome P450 2B4 were compared in the presence of cytochrome b(5) (cyt b(5)) and NADPH-cyt P450 reductase (CPR) under conditions in which cytochrome P450 (cyt P450) underwent a single catalytic ..
- Congenital atrichia with nail dystrophy, abnormal facies, and retarded psychomotor development in two siblings: a new autosomal recessive syndrome?B R Vogt
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, West Germany
Pediatr Dermatol 5:236-42. 1988..We therefore conclude that we may be dealing with a new genetic entity. The occurrence of the disorder in two siblings with unaffected parents suggests an autosomal recessive mode of inheritance...
- Complications of titanium and stainless steel elastic nail fixation of pediatric femoral fracturesEric J Wall
Division of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:1305-13. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to compare the complications associated with the use of similarly designed titanium and stainless steel elastic nails for the fixation of pediatric femoral fractures...
- [Intramedullary nailing of the tibia with the expert tibia nail]Matthias Hansen
Klinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Klinikum Worms, Worms, Germany
Oper Orthop Traumatol 21:620-35. 2009..Restoration of axis, length, and rotation of the lower leg. Sufficient primary stability of the osteosynthesis for functional aftercare. Early functional aftercare to maintain joint mobility. Good bony healing in closed and open fractures...
- [Three cases of removal of intrabronchial metal nails]Jun Nohara
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nagahama City Hospital
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 47:1098-102. 2009..They were all carpenters, and often held nails between their lips. Case 1: a 72-year-old man had aspirated a nail three months earlier, but did not seek medical assistance at the time...
- A survey of childhood psoriasis in KuwaitA S Al-Fouzan
Department of Dermatology, Al-Sabah Hospital, Kuwait
Pediatr Dermatol 11:116-9. 1994..A majority of the children had a milder form of disease. Nail involvement was seen in 36%, with pitting the most common feature (87%). Seven percent had mucosal involvement...
- Cutaneous manifestations of childhood systemic lupus erythematosusS Wananukul
Department of Pediatrics, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Pediatr Dermatol 15:342-6. 1998..All 11 discoid LE patients were girls. Periungual erythema, Raynaud's phenomenon, periungual gangrene, nail involvement, and subacute LE were rare...
- Steroid sulfatase activity in nails: screening for X-linked ichthyosisT Matsumoto
Department of Pediatrics, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Japan
Pediatr Dermatol 7:266-9. 1990..We established a method of assaying nail steroid sulfatase activity for diagnostic use...
- Structural changes in epidermal scale and appendages as indicators of defective TGM1 activityRobert H Rice
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616 8588, USA
Arch Dermatol Res 297:127-33. 2005..cornified envelopes (CEs) have been reported by light or electron microscopic examination in epidermal scale, nail and/or hair...
- Comparison of nail bed repair versus nail trephination for subungual hematomas in childrenS E Roser
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Science, Little Rock 72205, USA
J Hand Surg Am 24:1166-70. 1999..Criteria for inclusion into the study were an intact nail and nail margin with subungual hematoma and no previous nail abnormality...
- Lichen planus limited to the nails in childhood: case report and literature reviewA M Peluso
Department of Dermatology, University of Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 10:36-9. 1993Although nail abnormalities have been reported to occur in 1% to 10% of patients with lichen planus, in children with lichen planus they are rarely mentioned in the literature...
- Determination of the efficacy of terbinafine hydrochloride nail solution in the topical treatment of dermatophytosis in a guinea pig modelMahmoud A Ghannoum
Center for Medical Mycology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5028, USA
Mycoses 52:35-43. 2009Currently available topical antifungals are often not satisfactory for the treatment of nail infections, because of the inability to penetrate the nail plate...
- [DNA extraction and identification of Trichophyton rubrum by real-time polymerase chain reaction from direct nail scraping specimens of patients with onycomycosis]Elife Berk
Kayseri Research and Training Hospital, Microbiology Clinics, Kayseri, Turkey
Mikrobiyol Bul 45:150-8. 2011..rubrum by comparing to DME and culture methods, from nail samples of patients with the complaints of onychomycosis...
- Epidermolysis bullosa simplex herpetiformis of Dowling-Meara with mottled pigmentation: the relationship between EBS herpetiformis and EBS with mottled pigmentationY K Tay
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 13:306-9. 1996..features include generalized herpetiform blistering of the skin, healing without scars, intraoral blistering, nail dystrophy, palmoplantar keratoderma, and improvement with age...
- The sequelae of reflex sympathetic dystrophyA Zyluk
Department of General and Hand Surgery, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
J Hand Surg Br 26:151-4. 2001..of pain related to the weather, and many complained of cold intolerance (44%), slight pain after use (34%), nail and hair growth changes (34%), sensory disturbances (34%) and stiffness of fingers in the morning (28%)...
- Herlitz junctional epidermolysis bullosa: a case report and review of current diagnostic methodsT Basarab
Department of Dermatology, Ealing Hospital NHS Trust, Middlesex, England
Pediatr Dermatol 14:307-11. 1997..bullosa (JEB) presenting at birth with erosions on the scalp, thigh and periumbilical area in addition to nail abnormalities...
- Single-blind, randomized, prospective study on terbinafine and itraconazole for treatment of dermatophyte toenail onychomycosis in the elderlyA K Gupta
Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Dermatol 44:479-84. 2001..Although comparative studies have been performed evaluating the efficacy of these 2 agents in adults, no such studies have been reported specifically in the elderly subset...
- Homotypic cell to cell cross-talk among human natural killer cells reveals differential and overlapping roles of 2B4 and CD2Eun Ok Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Division of Brain Korea 21 Program for Biomedical Science, Global Research Lab, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Biol Chem 285:41755-64. 2010Human natural killer (NK) cells express an abundant level of 2B4 and CD2 on their surface...
- A computer assisted orthopaedic surgical system for distal locking of intramedullary nailsW J Viant
Department of Computer Science, University of Hull
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 211:293-300. 1997..software to analyse the operation site and calculate the trajectory required for a screw to lock an intramedullary nail. This involves the capture of two X-ray images from which are extracted the projections of the nail's edge ..
- The handheld dermatoscope as a nail-fold capillaroscopic instrumentReuven Bergman
Departments of Dermatology and Rheumatology, Rambam Medical Center and the Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Arch Dermatol 139:1027-30. 2003The presence of nail-fold capillary abnormalities may be useful in diagnosing several connective tissue disorders, including scleroderma, dermatomyositis, and mixed connective tissue disease, and in differentiating primary Raynaud ..
- The interaction of microsomal cytochrome P450 2B4 with its redox partners, cytochrome P450 reductase and cytochrome b(5)Sang Choul Im
University of Michigan Medical School and VA Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 507:144-53. 2011Cytochrome P450 2B4 is a microsomal protein with a multi-step reaction cycle similar to that observed in the majority of other cytochromes P450...
- Nail matrix arrest following hand-foot-mouth disease: a report of five childrenG C Clementz
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Medical School, Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 17:7-11. 2000..b>Nail matrix arrest has been associated with a variety of drug exposures and systemic illnesses, including infections, ..
- Nephropathy of nail-patella syndromeT Taguchi
Department of Pathology and Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Japan
Ultrastruct Pathol 12:175-83. 1988Ultrastructural renal lesions of a sporadic case of nail-patella syndrome are described...
- New concepts in the treatment of ankle joint fractures. The IP-XS (XSL) and IP-XXS (XXSL) nail in the treatment of ankle joint fracturesJ Gehr
Klinikum Aschaffenburg, Abtl Unfall Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Am Hasenkopf 1, 63739, Aschaffenburg, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 124:96-103. 2004..The choice of surgical access route, in particular in the case of critical arterial circulation, and the possible irritation of the soft tissue by the osteosynthesis material prompted us to seek alternative osteosynthesis techniques...
- Expression of hair keratins in the adult nail unit: an immunohistochemical analysis of the onychogenesis in the proximal nail fold, matrix and nail bedC Perrin
Hôpital L Pasteur, Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, 30 Av voie Romaine, B P 69, 06002 Nice, Cedex 1, France
Br J Dermatol 151:362-71. 2004Recently, the expression profiles of the members of the complex hair keratin family have been determined in the human anagen hair follicle. In contrast, the details of hair keratin expression in the human nail unit are poorly known.
- Diagnosis of Trichophyton rubrum from onychomycotic nail samples using polymerase chain reaction and calcofluor white microscopyAditya K Gupta
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 98:224-8. 2008..These methods include microscopic observation of potassium hydroxide-digested nail clippings and culture methods using agar-based media supplemented with cycloheximide, chloramphenicol, and ..
- A clinical study of childhood alopecia areata in Chandigarh, IndiaV K Sharma
Department of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Pediatr Dermatol 13:372-7. 1996..5% for circumscribed and severe alopecia, respectively; p > 0.05). Nail changes were found in 60 (30%) children and were more frequent in severe alopecia (53%) than in circumscribed ..
- Clinical features and long-term follow-up of 20 cases of parakeratosis pustulosaA Tosti
Department of Dermatology, University of Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 15:259-63. 1998..Of these, three children had skin psoriasis at the time of our observation, two developed nail psoriasis, and three developed psoriatic pitting during follow-up...
- Expression of follicular sheath keratins in the normal nail with special reference to the morphological analysis of the distal nail unitChristophe Perrin
Hôpital L Pasteur, Laboratoire Central d Anatomie Pathologique, University of Nice, France
Am J Dermatopathol 29:543-50. 2007The origin and the histology of the distal nail unit remain controversial. For some authors the nail bed is completely derived from the matrix epithelium and is not a self-regenerating, independent structure...
- A randomized trial of amorolfine 5% solution nail lacquer in association with itraconazole pulse therapy compared with itraconazole alone in the treatment of Candida fingernail onychomycosisD Rigopoulos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Dermatology and Venereology, A Sygros Hospital, 5 Dragoumi Str, Athens 16121, Greece
Br J Dermatol 149:151-6. 2003..Therefore, it is worthwhile to consider the combination of systemic and topical antifungals to improve the cure rates further and to reduce the duration of systemic treatment...
- Free and island vascularized joint transfer for proximal interphalangeal reconstruction: a series of 27 casesG Foucher
SOS Main Strasbourg, France
J Hand Surg Am 19:8-16. 1994..Four complications occurred in the homodigital island joint series: one sepsis, one nail dystrophy, one failed distal arthrodesis, and one bone abutment in flexion...
- Psoriasiform acral dermatitis: a peculiar clinical presentation of psoriasis in childrenA Patrizi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Dermatology, University of Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 16:439-43. 1999..It is characterized by cutaneous involvement of the digits without nail dystrophy...
- Congenital hypertrophy of the lateral nail folds of the hallux: clinical features and follow-up of seven casesB M Piraccini
Department of Dermatology, University of Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 17:348-51. 2000Congenital hypertrophy of the nail folds of the hallux describes an abnormality of the periungual soft tissues of the big toe characterized by hypertrophy of the nail fold which partially covers the nail plate and is frequently associated ..
- The effect of concurrent fibular fracture on the fixation of distal tibia fractures: a laboratory comparison of intramedullary nails with locked platesEric J Strauss
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Orthop Trauma 21:172-7. 2007..To compare the fixation stability of intramedullary nails to that of locked plates for the treatment of distal metaphyseal tibia and fibula fractures...
- [Treatment of mallet finger with dorsal nail glued splint: retrospective analysis of 270 cases]S Facca
SOS Main Strasbourg Hôpitaux Universitaires, Centre de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de la Main, 10, avenue Achille Baumann, 67403 Illkirch Cedex
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 93:682-9. 2007..Despite the large number of orthopedic methods proposed, none has proven superiority. We report here our experience with a dorsal adhesive splint which preserves digital pulp function and improves observance...
- Study to prospectively evaluate reamed intramedually nails in patients with tibial fractures (S.P.R.I.N.T.): study rationale and designMohit Bhandari
SPRINT Methods Center, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, 1200 Main Street West, Room 2C9 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:91. 2008..of operative treatment of tibial fractures - the most common of long bone fractures - with an intramedullary rod or nail. Rates of re-operation remain high - between 23% and 60% in prior trials - and the two alternative nailing ..
- Digital replantation at the level of the distal interphalangeal joint and the distal phalanxR D Goldner
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N C 27710
J Hand Surg Am 14:214-20. 1989..soft tissue coverage, adequate sensibility without painful neuroma, good metacarpophalangeal and proximal interphalangeal joint motion; it preserves the nail, maintains digit length, is cosmetically pleasing, and the patient is satisfied.
- Immediate weight-bearing after treatment of a comminuted fracture of the femoral shaft with a statically locked intramedullary nailR J Brumback
Section of Orthopaedics, Program in Trauma, The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, The University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore 21201 1595, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 81:1538-44. 1999The purpose of this two-part investigation was to test the feasibility, safety, and efficacy of immediate weight-bearing after treatment of fractures of the shaft of the femur with a statically locked intramedullary nail.
- Cytochrome b5 inhibits electron transfer from NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase to ferric cytochrome P450 2B4Haoming Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Medical School and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Biol Chem 283:5217-25. 2008Experiments demonstrating that cytochrome (cyt) b5 inhibits the activity of cytochrome P450 2B4 (cyt P450 2B4) at higher concentrations suggested that cyt b5 was occupying the cyt P450 reductase-binding site on cyt P450 2B4 and ..
- Distraction osteogenesis technique using an intramedullary nail and a monolateral external fixator in the reconstruction of massive postosteomyelitis skeletal defects of the femurZhihong Li
Department of Orthopaedics, 2nd Xiangya Hospital, Center South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Can J Surg 52:103-11. 2009..of our study was to summarize our experience performing a distraction osteogenesis technique using an intramedullary nail and a monolateral external fixator in the reconstruction of massive postosteomyelitis skeletal defects of the femur.
- Results of treatment of subtrochanteric femoral fractures with the AO/ASIF Long Trochanteric Fixation Nail (LTFN)E Muñoz-Mahamud
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 76:451-5. 2009This retrospective study reports on the clinical results of a group of 23 patients with subtrochanteric femoral fractures using the Long Trochanteric Fixation Nail (LTFN).
- Epidermolysis bullosa dystrophica inversa in a childL Bruckner-Tuderman
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, , Switzerland
Pediatr Dermatol 7:116-21. 1990..Notably, the hands and feet were completely spared, with only mild nail dystrophy. Ultrastructural analysis revealed dermolytic blistering and absent or rudimentary anchoring fibrils...
- Diffuse whitening of the oral mucosa in a childA Hernandez-Martin
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitario of Salamanca, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 14:316-20. 1997..No other mucosae were affected and there were no skin or nail abnormalities...
- [The prosthesis nail -- a new stable fixation device for periprosthetic fractures and critical fractures of the proximal femur]A Probst
Abteilung für Unfall und Handchirurgie, Hegau Klinikum GmbH, Singen
Unfallchirurg 106:722-31. 2003..The prosthesis nail is a hybrid of a hip prosthesis and an intramedullary nail allowing immediate full weight bearing and early ..
- Internal fixation of diaphyseal fractures of the forearm by interlocking intramedullary nail: short-term results in eighteen patientsHong Gao
Department of Orthopaedics, The Sixth Affiliated People s Hospital of Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China of PR
J Orthop Trauma 19:384-91. 2005This study was designed to evaluate the efficacy of the treatment of diaphyseal fractures of the forearm using the ForeSight forearm interlocking intramedullary nail.
- Itraconazole in the treatment of two young brothers with chronic mucocutaneous candidiasisA Tosti
Department of Dermatology, University of Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 14:146-8. 1997..This therapy produced a rapid cure of both candidal nail and mouth infections...
- Cosegregation of open-angle glaucoma and the nail-patella syndromeP R Lichter
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48105, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 124:506-15. 1997To evaluate two families ascertained only for the presence of glaucoma in which both nail-patella syndrome and glaucoma occur in several generations and to determine whether the two diseases are genetically related.
- Improvement of psoriatic onychodystrophy by a water-soluble nail lacquerF Cantoresi
Department of Dermatology, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:832-4. 2009There is a strong need for effective products, simple to use and safe for a chronic use in the management of nail psoriasis...
- Fibular strut grafting for fibrous dysplasia of the femoral neckD D Bryant
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Howard University Hospital, Washington, DC
J Natl Med Assoc 84:893-7. 1992..Surgical options include curettage and cancellous bone grafting, osteotomy and nail-plate fixation, intramedullary rodding, and cortical bone grafting...
- Epidermolysis bullosa simplex associated with muscular dystrophy: a new caseA Patrizi
Department of Dermatology, University of Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 11:342-5. 1994..simplex characterized by an autosomal recessive pattern of inheritance, severe cutaneous involvement, oral and nail lesions, associated with muscular dystrophy, and a poor prognosis, due to extracutaneous disease...
- Prevalence and nature of nail alterations in pediatric patientsA Iglesias
Department of Pediatric Dermatology, National Institute of Pediatrics, Mexico City, Mexico
Pediatr Dermatol 18:107-9. 2001..The first 20 patients with nail alterations seen each year during a 5-year period from 1992 through 1996 were included, totaling 100 patients...
- [Nail susceptibility to fungal infection in patients with type 1 and 2 diabetes under long term poor glycaemia control]Anna B Macura
Zakład Mykologii Katedry Mikrobiologii, Collegium Medicum, Uniwersytetu Jagiellonskiego w Krakowie
Przegl Lek 64:406-9. 2007..Its prevalence increases also in diabetics. The objective of the study was: 1) evaluation of finger and toe nail susceptibility to Candida albicans and Trichophyton mentagrophytes infection in patients with type 1 and type 2 ..
- Nail primer cosmetics: correlations between product pH and adequacy of labelingA D Woolf
Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 37:827-32. 1999We have previously reported on injuries suffered by young children exposed to methacrylic acid-containing nail primers and the need for public education efforts concerning this potential household hazard...
- Molecular characterization of the rat NK cell receptor 2B4P R Kumaresan
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Mol Immunol 37:735-44. 20002B4 (CD244) is a cell surface glycoprotein of the immunoglobulin superfamily involved in the regulation of natural killer and T lymphocyte function. It is the high affinity counter-receptor for CD48...
- [Duration of surgery in osteosynthesis of fractures of the trochanter]J Bartonicek
Ortopedicko traumatologická klinika 3 LF UK a FNKV, Praha Vinohrady
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 68:294-9. 2001..To analyze duration of surgery in individual types of internal fixation of fractures of the trochanteric massif and identify factors which have an impact on it...
- Down syndrome, alopecia universalis, and trachyonychiaS A Norton
Department of Medicine, Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, Colorado
Pediatr Dermatol 10:187-8. 1993..We were unable to detect fungi, and believe that his nail changes are most consistent with alopecia-associated trachyonychia (formerly 20-nail dystrophy), a condition not ..
- Anatomic variations in sensory innervation of the hand and digitsH Bas
Department of Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine, KY, USA
J Hand Surg Am 24:1171-84. 1999..The dorsal sensory nerves (the terminal branch of radial or ulnar sensory nerves) extending to the nail bed area were found in 46% of the digits, thus confirming that sensory supply to the dorsum of the distal phalanx ..
- Examination of the anatomic relationship of the proximal germinal nail matrix to the extensor tendon insertionC Shum
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, New York Orthopaedic Hospital, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Hand Surg Am 25:1114-7. 2000..was to delineate the relationship of the terminal extensor tendon insertion to the proximal limit of the germinal nail matrix...
- [Treatment of intracapsular femoral neck fractures with the use of a proximal femoral nail]P Visna
Traumatologické oddelení, Chirurgická klinika 2 LF UK a FN Motol, Praha
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 74:37-46. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the outcomes of surgical therapy using a different type of implant (proximal femoral nail) for intracapsular femoral neck fractures.
- Open fractures of the tibia treated by immediate intramedullary tibial nail insertion without reaming: a prospective studyS Kakar
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Orthop Trauma 21:153-7. 2007Does immediate tibial nail insertion without reaming as part of protocol-driven management provide a safe and effective treatment for open tibia fractures?
- Provider factors associated with intramedullary nail use for intertrochanteric hip fracturesMary L Forte
Division of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:1105-14. 2010..Non-patient factors that are associated with intramedullary nail use among Medicare patients have not been examined...
- Proximal femoral fractures: a biomechanical study to compare intramedullary and extramedullary fixationM J Curtis
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
Injury 25:99-104. 1994..and unstable intertrochanteric fractures were studied in paired femora after internal fixation with the Gamma nail and Richards 135 degrees classic hip-screw implants; in subtrochanteric fractures, the 95 degrees Richards condylar ..
- Enhanced econazole penetration into human nail by 2-n-nonyl-1,3-dioxolaneXiaoying Hui
Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco, Surge pound 110, Box 0989, 90 Medical Center Way, San Francisco, California 94143 0989, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:142-8. 2003..of 2-n-nonyl-1,3-dioxolane on the penetration of econazole, an antifungal drug, into the deeper layers of the human nail where fungal infection resides. Aliquots (10 microL) of Econail lacquer formulation containing 0...
- The Targon PH nail as an internal fixator for unstable fractures of the proximal humerusJochen Mathews
Chirurgie, Krankenhaus Soltau, Heidekreis Klinikum, Soltau
Oper Orthop Traumatol 19:255-75. 2007..Exercise-stable internal fixation of unstable fractures of the proximal humerus...
- Bilayered nail lacquer of terbinafine hydrochloride for treatment of onychomycosisH N Shivakumar
Department of Pharmaceutics, The University of Mississippi, University, Mississippi 38677, USA
J Pharm Sci 99:4267-76. 2010The present study aimed to develop bilayered nail lacquer of terbinafine hydrochloride (TH) for treatment of onychomycosis...
- Prevalence of nail abnormalities in children with alopecia areataA Tosti
Department of Dermatology, University of Bologna, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 11:112-5. 1994We assessed the prevalence of nail abnormalities in 272 children with alopecia areata who were seen in our department during an eight-year period...
- [Yellow nail syndrome]M Hausmann
Pneumologische Abteilung, Klinik Barmelweid
Pneumologie 48:30-3. 1994The yellow nail syndrome, first described in 1964 by Samman and White, consists of yellowish, dystrophic nails, lymphedema and pleural effusion...
- Retrograde femoral interlocking nail in complex fracturesKhare Anup
S R Hospital, Agra, India
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 10:17-21. 2002Retrograde interlocking nail was used as the method of fixation in 35 different cases of combination of complex femoral fractures...
- [Osteosynthesis of proximal femoral fractures using short proximal femoral nails]T Pavelka
Klinika ortopedie a traumatologie pohybového ústrojí FN Plzeň
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 70:31-8. 2003A group of 147 patients with proximal femoral fractures treated with the use of the proximal femoral nail, manufactured by the Synthes company, in the period between October 1997 and June 2001 were retrospectively evaluated.
- Bioadhesive patch-based delivery of 5-aminolevulinic acid to the nail for photodynamic therapy of onychomycosisRyan F Donnelly
School of Pharmacy, Queens University Belfast, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, UK
J Control Release 103:381-92. 2005The in vitro penetration of 5-aminolevulinic acid (ALA) across human nail and into neonate porcine hoof when released from a novel bioadhesive patch containing 50 mg cm(-2) ALA is described...
- Cephalomedullary nails in the treatment of high-energy proximal femur fractures in young patients: a prospective, randomized comparison of trochanteric versus piriformis fossa entry portalAdam J Starr
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, Texas 75390 8883, USA
J Orthop Trauma 20:240-6. 2006The purpose of this study is to compare a cephalomedullary nail that uses a piriformis fossa starting point to one that uses a trochanteric starting point, in the treatment of high-energy proximal femur fractures in young patients...
- Structures of cytochrome P450 2B4 complexed with the antiplatelet drugs ticlopidine and clopidogrel Sean C Gay
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Biochemistry 49:8709-20. 2010Prior X-ray crystal structures of rabbit cytochrome P450 2B4 (2B4) in complexes with various imidazoles have demonstrated markedly different enzyme conformations depending on the size of the inhibitor occupying the active site...
- A modified approach to the histologic diagnosis of onychomycosisAnwell Chang
Section of Dermatopathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:849-53. 2007Histologic examination of nail clippings with periodic acid-Schiff staining is the most sensitive diagnostic test for onychomycosis; however, difficulties in processing nail plates limit its use...
- Congenital onychodysplasia of the index fingersT Miura
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Nagoya University, Japan
J Hand Surg Am 15:793-7. 1990..Some cases of congenital onychodysplasia of the index fingers were inherited. These findings suggest that impediments to the membranous ossification center can lead to a dysplastic crescent-shaped cap with nail anomalies.
- Nail regeneration in digits replanted after amputation through the distal phalanxG Nishi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Aichiken Koseiren Kainan Hospital, Aichi, Japan
J Hand Surg Am 21:229-33. 1996b>Nail regeneration was studied in 48 digits replanted after amputation through the distal phalanx. Twenty-seven were amputated through Tamai's zone I, at the nailbed level, and 21 digits were amputated through zone II, proximal to the nail...
- Iontophoresis to Improve Nail Disease TreatmentKEVIN S LI; Fiscal Year: 2012..has fewer adverse effects than systemic administration, but has not been very successful due to the resistive nail barrier. Transungual drug delivery for nail diseases has remained a challenge to pharmaceutical scientists...
- SPRINT- Randomized Trial of Tibial Fracture FixationMarc Swiontkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..However, the decision to, ream or enlargen the intirarnedullary canal prior to nail insertion remains controversial...
- Electropulsation mediated drug therapy for OnychomycosisSATHYANARAYANA MURTHY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Onychomycoses are fungal infections of both the fingernails and the toenails accounting for up to 50% of all the nail disorders. They are currently treated by oral and topical administration of the antifungal drugs...
- A molecular toolbox for hypothesis testing in the dermatophytesTheodore C White; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Dermatophytes are pathogenic fungi responsible for a variety of skin and nail infections, including athlete's foot and tinea capitis, a common fungal infection of the head in patients in ..
- BLOOD AND DATA BANK FOR CANCER RISK FACTOR STUDIESGeorge Comstock; Fiscal Year: 1992..participants will be asked to complete dietary questionnaires at their leisure and to return them along with a toe nail clipping for trace metal analyses...
- INTERLOCKING NAIL PLACEMENT WITHOUT FLUOROSCOPYGREGORY MERCURI; Fiscal Year: 2000..targeting device and guide system is proposed for securing distal interlocking screws to a cannulated, interlocking nail during stabilization of long bone fractures...
- TARGETING DEVICE FOR INTRAMEDULLARY NAIL LOCKING SCREWSRUBEN ZAMORANO; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the applicant's abstract): Spry Medical's proposed Fixator for Interlocking Nail (FIN) system seeks to reduce or eliminate the placement difficulties and operating room personnel radiation exposure related to ..
- Ultraviolet-C Therapy for OnychomycosisMICHAEL HAMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Onychomycosis is a fungal nail infection that affects approximately 30 million Americans...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF NAIL PATELLA SYNDROMEIain McIntosh; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Nail Patella Syndrome (NPS) is a diverse phenotype inherited in an autosomal dominant manner. The syndrome is characterized by dysplasia of the nails, patellae and elbows, as well as open angle glaucoma and potentially lethal nephropathy...
- Expanding Vietnamese Community and Academic Infrastructure for Health ResearchBang H Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2010..family style meals, and 7) an effective lay health intervention to reduce chemical exposure in the workplace among nail salon workers...
- JAMES TILFORD ELDER; Fiscal Year: 2016..peripheral PsA and nail involvement, and (iii) systemic co-morbidities including obesity and cardiovascular disease...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY - CACHE COUNTY STUDY CENTEREdward Clark; Fiscal Year: 2012..Anticipated biologic specimens include blood, urine, hair, and nail clippings from mothers and children;blood, urine, and hair from fathers;cord blood, umbilical cord and placental ..
- Monica Bessler; Fiscal Year: 2014..form of BMF associated with a classic triad of mucocutaneous features including abnormal pigmentation, dystrophic nail changes, and leukoplakia of the oral mucosa...
- George J Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2016..CBL also provides the kits and instructions for collection and shipment of blood, plasma, sera, urine, hair, and nail samples to NIH repositories...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTBetty Wood; Fiscal Year: 2013..Anticipated biologic specimens include blood, urine, hair, and nail clippings from mothers and children;blood, urine, and hair from fathers;cord blood, umbilical cord and placental ..
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY -CLINICAL BIOLOGICAL ANALYSISVELAZQUEZ FRANCISCO; Fiscal Year: 2011..Anticipated biologic specimens include blood, urine, hair, and nail clippings from mothers and children;blood, urine, and hair from fathers;cord blood, umbilical cord and placental ..
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTBetty Wood; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTBetty Wood; Fiscal Year: 2011
- Kathleen M Egan; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Nail clippings to measure levels of trace elements and oral DNA samples to study genetic susceptibility are available ..
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY COORDINATING CENTERElaine D Eaker; Fiscal Year: 2009
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYWilliam Hogan; Fiscal Year: 2013
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYDANA DABALEA; Fiscal Year: 2012
- SUPPORT OF THE NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY INFORMATION SYSTEMJAMES TER MAAT; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYHelen Koo; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY BIOMEDICAL (APPLIED/EXPLORATORY)Lee Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTRussell Walker; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYHelen Koo; Fiscal Year: 2013
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYKristina Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2013
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY BIOMEDICAL (APPLIED/EXPLORATORY)Lee Smith; Fiscal Year: 2011
- Sujuan Gao; Fiscal Year: 2014..finding that apolipoprotein E (APOE) 54 allele carriers had significantly lower selenium levels measured in nail samples even though the two genotype groups did not differ on dietary intake of selenium...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY - PROGRAM &PLANNING SUPPORT FOR THE NCS PROGRAM OFFICERAJNI SAMAVEDAM; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY - PROGRAM &PLANNING SUPPORT FOR THE NCS PROGRAM OFFICERAJNI SAMAVEDAM; Fiscal Year: 2013
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY - SCHUYLKILL COUNTY STUDY CENTERJennifer Culhane; Fiscal Year: 2012
- LOGISTICS FOR NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYDavid J Tollerud; Fiscal Year: 2009
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYJANUARY HRICISAK; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Eric B Larson; Fiscal Year: 2014..susceptibility, specifically to Clostridium difficile diarrhea, shingles from varicella zoster virus, and fungal nail infection, responses to antihypertensive drugs, serotonin-specific reuptake inhibitors, and statins, including ..
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY, VANGUARD CENTERPHIL LANDRIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2011
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY BIOLOGICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SAMPLE REPOSITORYHANNAH ELSON; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDRENS STUDYTORRISE WOODY; Fiscal Year: 2011
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYLOUIS FLICK; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYGeorge Lister; Fiscal Year: 2011
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYCheryl Wiggins; Fiscal Year: 2013
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYEdward Clark; Fiscal Year: 2013
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY - COORDINATING CENTERCLAIRE GREENING; Fiscal Year: 2013
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYStephen Buka; Fiscal Year: 2011
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYAnthony Mawson; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY, VANGUARD CENTERBarbara Entwisle; Fiscal Year: 2012
- Cortical connections with the limbic territory of the basal gangliaMichelle Morrow; Fiscal Year: 2007..of the external segment of the Globus Pallidus (GPe) evoke abnormal behaviors including excessive grooming, nail biting, and communicative gestures...
- HEMOSTATIC DEFECTS AND THYROID HORMONE THERAPYWINIFRED DODDS; Fiscal Year: 1990..The levels of FVIII:C, VWF:Ag and VWF:RCoF will be correlated with alterations in cuticle (toe nail) bleeding times and FVIII multimeric profiles...
- Awareness Enhancement and Monitoring Device for Treatment of TrichotillomaniaJoseph Himle; Fiscal Year: 2007..could be used to help treat other body-focused repetitive behavior problems such as skin picking, finger and nail biting...
- ELIA Tactile Label MakerANDREW CHEPAITIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..distinguishing objects typically include varying the number or placement of rubber bands, dots made of glue, felt, nail polish, strands of yarn, safety pins, magnets, pieces of tape, or other common materials...
- Community Mapping of Environmental Hazards and Barriers in an Immigrant PopulatioPeggy Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2010..project focused on the recently high profile concerns of health risks from chemical exposures in the burgeoning nail salon industry, an industry dominated in California by Vietnamese immigrant workers...
- TRACE ELEMENTS & CANCERS OF THE LARYNX/ESOPHAGUS & MOUTHDavid Thomas; Fiscal Year: 1991..to what has already been collected will be obtained from interviews, dietary questionnaires, and analysis of nail specimens...
- MSX GENES IN WOUND HEALING AND REGENERATIONKen Muneoka; Fiscal Year: 2000..g. epidermis, nail, nailbed, dermis, adipose, bone), and in response to amputation, a perfect replica of the tip of the digit ..