Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD21
Description: complement C3d receptor 2
Alias: C3DR, CD21, CVID7, SLEB9, complement receptor type 2, EBV receptor, complement component (3d/Epstein Barr virus) receptor 2, complement component 3d receptor 2
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Infection of human B lymphoma cells by Mycoplasma fermentans induces interaction of its elongation factor with the intracytoplasmic domain of Epstein-Barr virus receptor (gp140, EBV/C3dR, CR2, CD21)Michelle Balbo
INSERM U 672 ex U 354, Immunochimie des Régulations Cellulaires et des Interactions Virales, Bâtiment G8, Campus 1, Génopole d Evry, 5 rue Henri Desbrueres, 91030, Evry Cedex, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 249:359-66. 2005..These infected B cells expressed a p45 kDa protein which interacted with the intracellular domain of CD21, the EBV/C3d receptor...
- The role of complement receptors type 1 (CR1, CD35) and 2 (CR2, CD21) in promoting C3 fragment deposition and membrane attack complex formation on normal peripheral human B cellsClaus Henrik Nielsen
Department of Clinical Immunology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Eur J Immunol 32:1359-67. 2002..The process is mediated via complement receptor type 2 (CR2, CD21), with complement receptor type 1 (CR1, CD35) playing a subsidiary role...
- Alterations of the B-cell response by HIV-1 replicationXiaoying Shen
Department of Surgery, Duke Human Vaccine Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 8:23-30. 2011..B-cell dysfunction in vivo is unknown, although roles for HIV proteins (Env, Tat, and Nef) and virions binding to CD21 on B cells have been identified...
- Calbindin 1, fibroblast growth factor 20, and alpha-synuclein in sporadic Parkinson's diseaseIkuko Mizuta
Division of Clinical Genetics, Department of Medical Genetics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 B9 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Hum Genet 124:89-94. 2008..Our genetic analysis suggests that CALB1 is associated with PD independently of SNCA, and that FGF20 is associated with PD synergistically with SNCA...
- Genomic organization and polymorphisms of the human C3d/Epstein-Barr virus receptorA Fujisaku
Arthritis and Immunology Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City
J Biol Chem 264:2118-25. 1989The human C3d/Epstein-Barr virus receptor (CR2/CD21) is a 145-kDa protein primarily expressed on mature B lymphocytes. CR2 is a member of the regulators of complement activation (RCA) gene family found on band q32 of chromosome 1...
- Cr2, a candidate gene in the murine Sle1c lupus susceptibility locus, encodes a dysfunctional proteinS A Boackle
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Immunity 15:775-85. 2001..congenic interval corresponding to Sle1c contains Cr2, which encodes complement receptors 1 and 2 (CR1/CR2, CD35/CD21)...
- Association of a common complement receptor 2 haplotype with increased risk of systemic lupus erythematosusHui Wu
Division of Rheumatology, University of California Los Angeles, 1000 Veteran Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3961-6. 2007..Our findings reveal that CR2 is a likely susceptibility gene for human lupus at 1q32.2, extending previous studies suggesting that CR2 participates in the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus...
- The CD19/CD21 signal transducing complex of human B lymphocytes includes the target of antiproliferative antibody-1 and Leu-13 moleculesL E Bradbury
Division of Tumor Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115 6084
J Immunol 149:2841-50. 1992..with B cell lines solubilized by digitonin have shown CD19 to be part of a multimolecular complex that includes CD21 (CR2) and other unidentified proteins...
- Follicular dendritic cells specifically express the long CR2/CD21 isoformY J Liu
Schering Plough, Laboratory for Immunological Research, Dardilly, France
J Exp Med 185:165-70. 1997..By expression cloning, a cDNA clone encoding for the long human CR2/ CD21 isoform (CD21L) that contains an additional exon (10a) was isolated...
- Transcriptional effects of a lupus-associated polymorphism in the 5' untranslated region (UTR) of human complement receptor 2 (CR2/CD21)Mark N Cruickshank
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Mol Immunol 52:165-73. 2012..These data confirm the effects of rs3813946 on CR2 transcription, identifying the 5' UTR to be a novel regulatory element for the CR2 gene in which variation may alter gene function and modify the development of lupus...
- T lymphocyte expression of complement receptor 2 (CR2/CD21): a role in adhesive cell-cell interactions and dysregulation in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)E Levy
Howard Hughes Medical Institute Laboratories, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
Clin Exp Immunol 90:235-44. 1992Complement receptor 2 (CR2, CD21), the receptor for both the C3d,g portion of human complement component C3 and the Epstein-Barr virus, has been recently described on peripheral T cells...
- Intersection of the complement and immune systems: a signal transduction complex of the B lymphocyte-containing complement receptor type 2 and CD19A K Matsumoto
Division of Molecular and Clinical Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
J Exp Med 173:55-64. 1991....
- Molecular cloning of the cDNA encoding the Epstein-Barr virus/C3d receptor (complement receptor type 2) of human B lymphocytesM D Moore
Department of Immunology, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, La Jolla, CA 92037
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:9194-8. 1987Complementary DNA clones for complement receptor type 2 (CR2), the B-lymphocyte membrane protein that serves as the receptor for Epstein-Barr virus and the C3d complement fragment, were obtained by screening a lambda gt11 library ..
- Structure of the human B lymphocyte receptor for C3d and the Epstein-Barr virus and relatedness to other members of the family of C3/C4 binding proteinsJ J Weis
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
J Exp Med 167:1047-66. 1988Human complement receptor type 2 (CR2) is the B lymphocyte receptor for C3d and the Epstein-Barr virus...
- Functional dissection of the CD21/CD19/TAPA-1/Leu-13 complex of B lymphocytesA K Matsumoto
Division of Molecular and Clinical Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
J Exp Med 178:1407-17. 1993The CD21/CD19/TAPA-1 complex of B lymphocytes amplifies signal transduction through membrane immunoglobulin (mIg), recruits phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-kinase), and induces homotypic cellular aggregation...
- CR2/CD21 proximal promoter activity is critically dependent on a cell type-specific repressorD Ulgiati
Department of Immunology and Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Immunol 167:6912-9. 2001Transcription of the human complement receptor type 2 (CR2/CD21) gene is controlled by both proximal promoter and intronic elements. CR2 is primarily expressed on B cells from the immature through mature cell stages...
- NF-kappaB regulates the expression of the human complement receptor 2 geneMate Tolnay
Department of Cellular Injury, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
J Immunol 169:6236-43. 2002..Thus, at the onset of an infection, LPS could sensitize the B cell to Ag by enhancing the level of CR2-costimulatory molecules on the cell surface...
- Polymeric immunoglobulin receptor polymorphisms and risk of nasopharyngeal cancerRungnapa Hirunsatit
Genetics Unit, Department of Anatomy, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
BMC Genet 4:3. 2003..This research explores potential associations between nasopharyngeal epithelial EBV receptor and NPC susceptibility...
- Solution structure of the complex between CR2 SCR 1-2 and C3d of human complement: an X-ray scattering and sedimentation modelling studyHannah E Gilbert
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Darwin Building, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Mol Biol 346:859-73. 2005b>Complement receptor type 2 (CR2, CD21) forms a tight complex with C3d, a fragment of C3, the major complement component...
- B cells from mice prematurely expressing human complement receptor type 2 are unresponsive to T-dependent antigensLouise Birrell
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, UK
J Immunol 174:6974-82. 2005b>Complement receptor type 2 (CR2/CD21), in association with CD19, plays an important role in enhancing mature B cell responses to opsonized Ags...
- Mechanism for complement-mediated, antibody-dependent enhancement of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in MT2 cells is enhanced entry through CD4, CD21, and CXCR4 chemokine receptorsW Edward Robinson
Department of Pathology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4800, USA
Viral Immunol 19:434-47. 2006..Finally, anti-HIV immunoglobulin enhanced replication of not only group M clade B HIV but also group M clade D and group O isolates. These data demonstrate that antibodies mediating C'ADE of HIV infection are broadly reactive...
- Intrinsic B cell hypo-responsiveness in mice prematurely expressing human CR2/CD21 during B cell developmentLiudmila Kulik
Department of Medicine and Immunology, UCHSC, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Eur J Immunol 37:623-33. 2007..Overall, these data suggest that premature hCR2 expression and the consequences thereof during B cell development intrinsically alters the way mature B cells develop and subsequently respond to antigen through the BCR signaling complex...
- Variation in the Epstein-Barr virus receptor, CR2, and risk of multiple sclerosisKc Simon
Mult Scler 13:947-8. 2007
- Comparative binding of soluble fragments (derCD23, sCD23, and exCD23) of recombinant human CD23 to CD21 (SCR 1-2) and native IgE, and their effect on IgE regulationSandra Lyn Bowles
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Cell Immunol 271:371-8. 2011..responsible for type I hypersensitivities, is regulated by interactions between its receptor, CD23, and co-receptor CD21. To examine comparative binding of recombinant human CD21 SCR 1-2 and native human IgE to CD23 plus the effect of ..
- Epstein Barr virus/complement C3d receptor is an interferon alpha receptorA X Delcayre
California Institute for Biological Research, La Jolla 92037
EMBO J 10:919-26. 1991Interferon alpha contains a sequence motif similar to the complement receptor type two (CR2/CD21) binding site on complement fragment C3d...
- Are respiratory allergic diseases related to atopic dermatitis?L Lugović
Department of Dermatovenerology, Zagreb Clinical Hospital Center, Zagreb University School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 24:335-45. 2000..The values of CD21 were decreased in 16 AD patients [6/10 in "pure" AD, and 10/20 in "mixed" AD]...
- Expression of complement receptor 2 (CD21), membrane IgM and the inhibitory receptor CD32 (FcgammaRIIb) in the lymphoid tissues of neonatal calvesKuldeep S Chattha
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 137:99-108. 2010..The activating receptor CD21 (CR2), when co-ligated with membrane IgM (mIgM) by complement-bound antigen lowers the threshold for activation of ..
- Immunophysical exploration of C3d-CR2(CCP1-2) interaction using molecular dynamics and electrostaticsLi Zhang
Department of Chemistry, University of California at Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
J Mol Biol 369:567-83. 2007....
- A minimum CR2 binding domain of C3d enhances immunity following vaccinationJoseph F Bower
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, 15261, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 586:249-64. 2006..C3d has been hypothesized to enhance immunity by direct interaction with complement receptor 2 (CR2/CD21) on immune cells...
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein D0B is a sequence-specific DNA-binding proteinM Tolnay
Department of Clinical Physiology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, 14th and Dahlia Streets, Bldg 40, Washington, DC 20307 5100, USA
Biochem J 338:417-25. 1999..Our results suggest a new physiological role for hnRNP D0B that involves binding to double- and single-stranded DNA sequences in a specific manner and functioning as a transcription factor...
- Biophysical investigations of complement receptor 2 (CD21 and CR2)-ligand interactions reveal amino acid contacts unique to each receptor-ligand pairJames M Kovacs
Department of Medicine and Immunology, University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Biol Chem 285:27251-8. 2010Human complement receptor type 2 (CR2 and CD21) is a cell membrane receptor, with 15 or 16 extracellular short consensus repeats (SCRs), that promotes B lymphocyte responses and bridges innate and acquired immunity...
- Novel function of complement C3d as an autologous helper T-cell targetPaul M Knopf
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Immunol Cell Biol 86:221-5. 2008..C3d binds to the B-cell complement receptor 2 (CR2 or CD21); this binding serves as a co-activation signal to the B cell when the polysaccharide antigen portion binds ..
- Identification of murine complement receptor type 2J D Fingeroth
Division of Infectious Diseases, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:242-6. 1989A rabbit antiserum reactive with the human complement component C3d/Epstein-Barr virus receptor (complement receptor type 2, CR2) immunoprecipitates a Mr 155,000 murine B-cell surface antigen...
- Coligation of the B cell receptor with complement receptor type 2 (CR2/CD21) using its natural ligand C3dg: activation without engagement of an inhibitory signaling pathwayTaras Lyubchenko
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
J Immunol 174:3264-72. 2005..product of the C3 component of complement that can facilitate the coligation of the complement receptor 2 (CR2/CD21) with the BCR via C3dg/Ag complexes...
- A site in the complement receptor 2 (CR2/CD21) silencer is necessary for lineage specific transcriptional regulationK W Makar
Department of Immunology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Int Immunol 13:657-64. 2001Expression of human complement receptor type 2 (CR2/CD21) is primarily restricted to mature B cells and follicular dendritic cells...
- Complement receptor 2/CD21- human naive B cells contain mostly autoreactive unresponsive clonesIsabelle Isnardi
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, USA
Blood 115:5026-36. 2010Complement receptor 2-negative (CR2/CD21(-)) B cells have been found enriched in patients with autoimmune diseases and in common variable immunodeficiency (CVID) patients who are prone to autoimmunity...
- Laser-capture microdissection of oropharyngeal epithelium indicates restriction of Epstein-Barr virus receptor/CD21 mRNA to tonsil epithelial cellsRu Jiang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71103, USA
J Oral Pathol Med 37:626-33. 2008..The virus uses CD21 for attachment to B cells which constitutively express the protein...
- Distribution of the chromatin protein DEK distinguishes active and inactive CD21/CR2 gene in pre- and mature B lymphocytesHong Gang Hu
Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, D 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Int Immunol 17:789-96. 2005..As the first study of its kind, we investigate the distribution of DEK at the CD21/complement receptor 2 gene regulatory regions in two B lymphocyte lines, namely Ramos, which expresses the CD21 ..
- Herpes simplex virus glycoprotein C: molecular mimicry of complement regulatory proteins by a viral proteinH P Huemer
Institute for Hygiene, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Immunology 79:639-47. 1993..e. the complement system. In addition, the inhibition of the C3/CR2 interaction may suggest a possible immunoregulatory role of HSV glycoprotein C...
- A critical role for complement C3d and the B cell coreceptor (CD19/CD21) complex in the initiation of inflammatory arthritisChristopher J Del Nagro
Program of Inflammatory Disease Research, Infectious and Inflammatory Disease Center, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 175:5379-89. 2005..the C3d fragment to Ag promotes B lymphocyte activation through coengagment of the BCR and complement receptor 2 (CD21). Signal augmentation is thought to be achieved through enhanced recruitment and activation of CD21-associated CD19...
- Impaired antibody response to group B streptococcal type III capsular polysaccharide in C3- and complement receptor 2-deficient miceOlga Pozdnyakova
Department of Pathology, Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 170:84-90. 2003..in the humoral immune response to type III GBS capsular polysaccharide (III-PS), mice deficient in C3 or in CD21/CD35 (i.e., complement receptors 1 and 2; CR1/CR2) were immunized with III-PS...
- T cell-independent and T cell-dependent immunoglobulin G responses to polyomavirus infection are impaired in complement receptor 2-deficient miceEva Szomolanyi-Tsuda
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Virology 352:52-60. 2006..Thus, our studies revealed a profound dependence of TI and TD antiviral antibody responses on CR2-mediated signals in PyV-infected mice, where the viral antigen is abundant and persistent...
- Defective B cell ontogeny and immune response in human complement receptor 2 (CR2, CD21) transgenic mice is partially recovered in the absence of C3Jason Twohig
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XX, UK
Mol Immunol 44:3434-44. 2007....
- A novel targeted inhibitor of the alternative pathway of complement and its therapeutic application in ischemia/reperfusion injuryYuxiang Huang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Immunol 181:8068-76. 2008..The data further indicate alternative pathway dependence for local and remote injury following intestinal ischemia/reperfusion in a clinically relevant therapeutic paradigm...
- Regulation of B lymphocyte development and activation by the CD19/CD21/CD81/Leu 13 complex requires the cytoplasmic domain of CD19S Sato
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Immunol 159:3278-87. 1997..are regulated in part by the CD19 cell surface receptor complex, which is composed of at least four proteins; CD19, CD21 (CR2, complement receptor 2), CD81, and Leu 13...
- Epstein-Barr virus and CD21 expression in gastrointestinal tumorsY S Kim
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Korea University, Gojan Dong, Ansan, Korea
Pathol Res Pract 194:705-11. 1998..To determine the presence of CD21, an EBV receptor, in the EBV-associated gastrointestinal tumors, we, first, examined the EBV genome in sixty seven patients with ..
- A complement C3 inhibitor specifically targeted to sites of complement activation effectively ameliorates collagen-induced arthritis in DBA/1J miceHongbin Song
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Immunol 179:7860-7. 2007..Of interest, a previous study reported that Crry-Ig, an untargeted counterpart of CR2-Crry, had minimal effect on disease, even when administered at a sufficiently high dose to maintain chronic complement inhibition...
- A targeted inhibitor of the complement alternative pathway reduces RPE injury and angiogenesis in models of age-related macular degenerationBarbel Rohrer
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 703:137-49. 2010..In both the in vivo and in vitro paradigm of RPE damage, a model requiring molecular events known to be involved in AMD, complement-dependent VEGF production, was confirmed. These data may open new avenues for AMD treatment strategies...
- Adult-type fibrosarcoma: A reevaluation of 163 putative cases diagnosed at a single institution over a 48-year periodArmita Bahrami
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1504-13. 2010..Melan A, HMB-45, CD34, TLE1, CD31, HHV8, smooth muscle actin, desmin, ALK1, CD99, Myo-D1, myogenin, c-kit, INI1, CD21, p63, calretinin, WT1, and TTF1...
- Tumours of histiocytes and accessory dendritic cells: an immunohistochemical approach to classification from the International Lymphoma Study Group based on 61 casesS A Pileri
Service of Pathologic Anatomy and Hematopathology, Institute of Haematology and Clinical Oncology L e A Seràgnoli, Bologna University, Italy
Histopathology 41:1-29. 2002..those reactive with histiocytes (CD68, lysozyme (LYS)), Langerhans cells (CD1a), follicular dendritic cells (FDC: CD21, CD35) and S100 protein...
- Role of complement receptors 1 and 2 (CD35 and CD21), C3, C4, and C5 in survival by mice of Staphylococcus aureus bacteremiaKenji M Cunnion
Department of Pediatrics and Duke Clinical Research Institue, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Lab Clin Med 143:358-65. 2004..Complement receptor 1 (CD35) is the primary receptor for the opsonin C3b. Mice deficient in CD35/CD21 showed a 67% decrease in survival compared with normal mice, suggesting that CD35/CD21 is of major importance in ..
- Changes in antigen expression on B lymphocytes during HIV infectionL Ginaldi
Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, University of L Aquila, Italy
Pathobiology 66:17-23. 1998..the level of expression of a series of constitutive surface markers in B lymphocytes (HLA-DR, CD19, CD20, CD21, CD22) from 30 HIV-seropositive adult patients and 20 normal controls...
- Transmission of antibody-induced arthritis is independent of complement component 4 (C4) and the complement receptors 1 and 2 (CD21/35)Samuel Solomon
Immunology, Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany
Eur J Immunol 32:644-51. 2002..The crucial role of complement C5, while neither classical nor lectin pathway is necessary, indicates that the alternative complement pathway may have a role in the K/BxN serum-induced RA model...
- Mannan-Abeta28 conjugate prevents Abeta-plaque deposition, but increases microhemorrhages in the brains of vaccinated Tg2576 (APPsw) miceIrina Petrushina
The Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
J Neuroinflammation 5:42. 2008..mannan that can promote a Th2-polarized immune response through interactions with mannose-binding and CD35/CD21 receptors of the innate immune system...
- Mouse complement receptors type 1 (CR1;CD35) and type 2 (CR2;CD21): expression on normal B cell subpopulations and decreased levels during the development of autoimmunity in MRL/lpr miceK Takahashi
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa School of Medicine, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Immunol 159:1557-69. 1997Human complement receptors type 1 (hCR1;CD35) and type 2 (hCR2;CD21) are expressed on B lymphocytes at specific stages during differentiation and activation...
- The partly folded back solution structure arrangement of the 30 SCR domains in human complement receptor type 1 (CR1) permits access to its C3b and C4b ligandsPatricia B Furtado
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Mol Biol 375:102-18. 2008..The extra-cellular component of CR1 is comprised of 30 short complement regulator (SCR) domains, whereas complement receptor type 2 (CR2) has 15 SCR domains and factor H (FH) has 20 SCR domains...
- Examining the role of Paneth cells in the small intestine by lineage ablation in transgenic miceE M Garabedian
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 272:23729-40. 1997....
- Sequence comparisons of plasmids pBJS-O of Spiroplasma citri and pSKU146 of S. kunkelii: implications for plasmid evolutionBharat D Joshi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oklahoma State University, 246 NRC, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
BMC Genomics 6:175. 2005..The S. kunkelii CR2-3X plasmid, pSKU146, encodes a homolog of SARP1, Sk-ARP1. Due to the close phylogenetic relationship of the two pathogens, we hypothesized that the two plasmids are closely related as well...
- Complement receptors and the shaping of the natural antibody repertoireV Michael Holers
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, B 115, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Springer Semin Immunopathol 26:405-23. 2005..have clearly demonstrated a key role for the complement C3d activation fragment receptor designated CR2 (complement receptor type 2) in the switched-isotype, high-affinity and memory humoral immune responses to T-dependent foreign ..
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection in B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomas in children: virus latency and its correlation with CD21 and CD23 moleculesAldona Kasprzak
Department of Histology and Embryology, University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 45:169-79. 2007..Other studies demonstrated that only those B lymphocytes which carry the surface CD21 (EBV receptor) become transformation-competent...
- 18F-FDG uptake in reactive neck lymph nodes of oral cancer: relationship to lymphoid folliclesTassei Nakagawa
Department of Radiology, Asahi General Hospital, Chiba, Japan
J Nucl Med 49:1053-9. 2008..Reactive lymphadenopathy is well known as a principal cause of false-positive findings on PET/CT for nodal staging. We investigated the reactive lymph nodes of oral cancer to elucidate the (18)F-FDG-avid area in these nodes...
- Mucosal type mast cells express complement receptor type 2 (CD21)Márton Andrásfalvy
Department of Immunology, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
Immunol Lett 82:29-34. 2002..Complement receptor type 1 (CR1/CD35) and type 2 (CR2/CD21) interacting with the larger activation products, such as C3b and C3d, have so far been shown on serosal type mast ..
- Fusion of Ross chicken complement component C3d-P29 repeats with a chicken viral Newcastle disease virus F gene enhances immune responses following DNA immunizationDong Liu
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shandong Agriculture University, Daizong Road No 61, Tai an, Shandong, China
Viral Immunol 22:221-31. 2009C3d, a split product of C3, interacts with its receptor (CR2 or CD21) on B cells and follicular dendritic cells (FDCs) and is crucial for induction and maintenance of a normal humoral immune response...
- Long term outcome of ocular adnexal lymphoma subtyped according to the REAL classification. Revised European and American LymphomaC Auw-Haedrich
University Eye Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 85:63-9. 2001..To classify ocular adnexal lymphomas according to the Revised European and American Lymphoma (REAL) classification and to determine any correlation between clinical features or histomorphological variables with the patients' outcome...
- Functional analysis of peripheral blood B cells in patients with X-linked agammaglobulinemiaS Nonoyama
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
J Immunol 161:3925-9. 1998..B cells isolated from peripheral blood of these XLA patients were CD5-, CD20+, CD19+, and CD21-. If stimulated with anti-CD40 and IL-4, XLA B cells proliferated normally and produced significant amounts of IgE...
- Involvement of the Epstein-Barr virus in the nasopharyngeal carcinoma pathogenesisJavier S Burgos
Centro de Biología Molecular Severo Ochoa C S I C, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
Med Oncol 22:113-21. 2005..b>CD21 membrane receptor was absent after EBV infection, being a differential morphological feature of the tumoral cells...
- Enhanced humoral immune responses against T-independent antigens in Fc alpha/muR-deficient miceShin ichiro Honda
Department of Immunology and Anatomy, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, and Center for TARA, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:11230-5. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest that Fc alpha/muR negatively regulates TI antigen retention by MZB cells and FDCs, leading to suppression of humoral immune responses against T-independent antigens...
- Immune function in female B(6)C(3)F(1) mice is modulated by DE-71, a commercial polybrominated diphenyl ether mixturePatricia A Fair
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Services, Center for Coastal Environmental Health and Biomolecular Research, Charleston, SC 29412, USA
J Immunotoxicol 9:96-107. 2012..No alterations were noted in thymic T-cell populations or in SRBC-specific-IgM production. Numbers of CD19(+)CD21(-), CD19(+)CD21(+), CD4(+)CD8(-), CD4(-)CD8(+), CD4(-)CD8(-), and MHC-II(+) cells in the spleen were not affected...
- Structural insight on the recognition of surface-bound opsonins by the integrin I domain of complement receptor 3Goran Bajic
Departments of Molecular Biology and Genetics and Biomedicine, Aarhus University, DK 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:16426-31. 2013....
- Layered Perovskite Nanofibers via Electrospinning for Overall Water SplittingNils C Hildebrandt
Justus Liebig University Giessen, Institute of Physical Chemistry, 35392, Giessen, Germany
Small 11:2051-7. 2015..After photodeposition of Rh-Cr2 O3 co-catalysts, the nanofibers show better activity in overall water splitting compared to sol-gel-derived powders. ..
- Effects of competition on acute phase proteins and lymphocyte subpopulations - oxidative stress markers in eventing horsesE Valle
Department of Veterinary Sciences, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 99:856-63. 2015..glycation/glycoxidation end products (AGEs), complete blood count and lymphocyte subpopulations (CD4+, CD8+ and CD21+) both at rest and at the end of an eventing competition...
- Ocular biometric parameters among 3-year-old Chinese children: testability, distribution and association with anthropometric parametersDan Huang
Department of Ophthalmology, The First Affiliated Hospital with Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210029, China
Sci Rep 6:29577. 2016..05). CR2 presented a normal distribution (P = 0.11), whereas the AL/CR ratio was abnormal (P < 0.001). Boys exhibited a significantly longer AL, a greater CR and a greater AL/CR ratio than girls (all P < 0.001). ..
- Antigen-presenting human B cells are expanded in inflammatory conditionsAlexander Shimabukuro-Vornhagen
Cologne Interventional Immunology, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 101:577-587. 2017..This B cell subset is characterized by low expression of CD21 and high expression of the activation marker CD86 and exhibits strong T cell-stimulatory activity, as demonstrated ..
- Bovine P-selectin mediates leukocyte adhesion and is highly polymorphic in dairy breedsXing Chen
Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding, and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield, Herts AL9 7TA, UK
Res Vet Sci 108:85-92. 2016..This may potentially influence leukocyte migration and fertility, both key to successful performance in dairy cows. ..
- Human B cell development. I. Phenotypic differences of B lymphocytes in the bone marrow and peripheral lymphoid tissueD Campana
J Immunol 134:1524-30. 1985..90% reactivity on peripheral B cells: RFB4 and To15 (both p135, corresponding to CD22), RFB6 (p140 corresponding to CD21), and Y29/55, a unique B cell-specific antibody...
- A critical role for complement in maintenance of self-toleranceA P Prodeus
The Center for Blood Research, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 9:721-31. 1998..We find that self-reactive B lymphocytes deficient in complement receptors CD21/CD35 or transferred into mice deficient in the complement protein C4 are not anergized by soluble self-antigen...
- Phenotypic comparison of ileal intraepithelial lymphocyte populations of suckling and weaned calvesC R Wyatt
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, Washington State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Pullman 99164, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 67:213-22. 1999..The B-B2+ IEL population was more closely examined by flow cytometry. These cells co-expressed IgM and CD21. However, they did not express IgA, IgG1, nor any of several additional leukocyte differentiation molecules...
- Serum regulates the expression of complement receptor 2 on human B cell linesM Tolnay
Department of Cellular Injury, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, DC 20307 5100, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 22:205-19. 2000..Because stimuli that alter CR2 expression can influence the extent of the B cell response to antigen-C3d complexes, serum factors may play a role in regulating the responsiveness of B cells...
- A role for CD21/CD35 and CD19 in responses to acute septic peritonitis: a potential mechanism for mast cell activationJ L Gommerman
Department of Pathology, Center for Blood Research and Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 165:6915-21. 2000..To evaluate the mechanism for mast cell activation in the CLP model, complement receptor CD21/CD35-deficient mice (Cr2(null)) were examined in the present study...
- Activation of Epstein-Barr virus/C3d receptor (gp140, CR2, CD21) on human cell surface triggers pp60src and Akt-GSK3 activities upstream and downstream to PI 3-kinase, respectivelyMonique Barel
Immunochimie des Régulations Cellulaires et des Interactions Virales, INSERM U 354, Evry, France
Eur J Immunol 33:2557-66. 2003..Thus, CR2 activation recruits a specific mechanism to activate PI 3-kinase and its subsequent pathways, this mechanism being different to those recruited by CD19 and BCR...
- Cross-reactive anti-human monoclonal antibodies as a tool for B-cell identification in dogs and pigsM Faldyna
Veterinary Research Institute, Brno, Hudcova 70, 621 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 119:56-62. 2007..The specificities of the mAbs were against CD20, CD21, CD22, and CD86...
- CD27(+) peripheral blood B-cells are a useful biodosimetric marker in vitroZ Rehakova
Department of Radiobiology, Faculty of Military Health Sciences, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 57:589-600. 2008..flow cytometric analysis of irradiated and subsequently cultivated human PBMC revealed that both the CD27(+) and CD21(-) B-cell subpopulations can be used as biodosimeters and the CD19(+)CD27(+) lymphocytes have proved useful for ..
- Altered expression of Fcgamma and complement receptors on B cells in systemic lupus erythematosusPeter Gergely
National Institute of Rheumatology and Physiotherapy, Frankel Leo u 25 29, Budapest H 1023, Hungary
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1108:183-92. 2007..The present review highlights a selected set of data including our own discussing the significance of animal models, genetics, and functional alterations of these IC-binding receptors in the etiopathogenesis of SLE...
- The EUROclass trial: defining subgroups in common variable immunodeficiencyClaudia Wehr
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Clinic, Freiburg, Germany
Blood 111:77-85. 2008..An expansion of CD21(low) B cells marked patients with splenomegaly...
- A comparison of the outcomes of children with acute myelogenous leukemia in either first or second complete remission (CR1 vs CR2) following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation at a single transplant centerA Gassas
Division of Haematology Oncology, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:941-5. 2008..05). Children with relapsed AML who achieve and maintain remission until HSCT, have a reasonable survival, but the outcome of children receiving HSCT in CR1 remains superior...
- A novel regulatory B-cell population in sheep Peyer's patches spontaneously secretes IL-10 and downregulates TLR9-induced IFNalpha responsesJ S BOOTH
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization International Vaccine Center, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Mucosal Immunol 2:265-75. 2009..PP cells spontaneously secreted high levels of IL-10, and the primary source of the IL-10 was resting CD5(-)CD11c(-)CD21(+) B cells...
- Distinct features of angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma with bone marrow involvementYoung Uk Cho
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Eulji University School of Medicine, Eulji General Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Am J Clin Pathol 131:640-6. 2009..BM core biopsy specimens were reacted immunohistochemically with antibodies to pan-T-cell markers, CD20, CD10, CD21, and bcl-6. The frequency of BM involvement was 70% (23/33)...
- Complement and natural antibody are required in the long-term memory response to influenza virusSantiago Fernandez Gonzalez
Immune Disease Institute and Department of Pediatrics and Pathology, Harvard Medical School, 800 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Vaccine 26:I86-93. 2008..Previous studies have indicated a role for C3, the complement receptors CD35/CD21 (CR1/CR2), and IgM in the immune response to influenza virus...
- Yersinia enterocolitica targets cells of the innate and adaptive immune system by injection of Yops in a mouse infection modelMartin Köberle
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000551. 2009..in the spleen into account, the highest total number of Yop-injected cells represents B cells, particularly CD19(+)CD21(+)CD23(+) follicular B cells, followed by neutrophils, dendritic cells, and macrophages, suggesting a distinct ..
- Expression profiling of a complex thaumatin-like protein family in western white pineJun Jun Liu
Natural Resources Canada, Canadian Forest Service, Pacific Forestry Centre, 506 West Burnside Road, Victoria, BC V8Z 1M5, Canada
Planta 231:637-51. 2010..monticola major gene (Cr2) resistance. The structural and expressional differentiations suggest that the PmTLP family may contribute to host defense as well as other mechanism...
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma of the spleen in an adult: an initial case reportLu Yu
Department of Pathology, Xi Jing Hospital, 4th Military Medical University, No 17 Chang Le Xi Road, Xi an, Shaanxi 710032, China
Pathol Oncol Res 17:969-72. 2011..both spindle and epithelioid cells were positive for CD34, CD31, and vimentin, but negative for EMA, cytokeratin, CD21, CD35, CD1a, and S-100 protein...
- Telomere-dependent replicative senescence of B and T cells from patients with type 1a common variable immunodeficiencyMarcella Visentini
Department of Clinical Immunology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Eur J Immunol 41:854-62. 2011..CVID), group 1a of the Freiburg classification, is characterized by increased B cells expressing low levels of CD21 (CD21(low) ), lymphoproliferation and autoimmunity...
- The autoreactivity of B cells in hereditary angioedema due to C1 inhibitor deficiencyA Kessel
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Technion Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Clin Exp Immunol 167:422-8. 2012..In 47·5% of HAE patients we detected at least one of the tested autoantibodies. Expression of CD69, CD5 and CD21 was found to be significantly higher on memory B cells from HAE patients compared to healthy controls (4·59 ± 4·..
- Bone marrow-induced Mef2c deficiency delays B-cell development and alters the expression of key B-cell regulatory proteinsIrina Debnath
The Division of Microbiology and Immunology, Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Int Immunol 25:99-115. 2013..Chromatin immunoprecipitation analysis confirmed Mef2c binding to the promoters of these genes indicating a direct link between the presence (or absence) of Mef2c and altered transcriptional control in mature B-cells...
- Different anti-CD21 antibodies can be used to discriminate developmentally and functionally different subsets of B lymphocytes in circulation of pigsMarek Sinkora
Department of Immunology and Gnotobiology, Institute of Microbiology, v v i, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Doly 183, 54922 Nový Hrádek, Czech Republic
Dev Comp Immunol 39:409-18. 2013Monoclonal antibodies IAH-CC51, BB6-11C9.6 and B-Ly4 are routinely used to detect CD21 orthologue on the surface of porcine B lymphocytes...
- Phenotyping of leukocytes and granulocyte and monocyte phagocytic activity in the peripheral blood and uterus of cows with endometritisP Brodzki
Department and Clinic of Reproduction, University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Głeboka, Lublin, Poland Electronic address
Theriogenology 82:403-10. 2014..In both groups, flow cytometric analysis of the surface molecules CD4, CD8, CD21, CD25, and CD14 in the peripheral blood and uterine washings was performed...
- C3d plasma levels and CD21 expressing B-cells in children after ABO-incompatible heart transplantation: Alterations associated with blood group toleranceSimon Urschel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Alberta Transplant Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Electronic address
J Heart Lung Transplant 33:1149-56. 2014..immunity in early childhood may promote development of tolerance, specifically interactions between complement split product C3d and its ligand CD21 on B cells, considering their role in augmenting "T-independent" B-cell activation.
- Multiconfiguration Pair-Density Functional TheoryGiovanni Li Manni
Department of Chemistry, Supercomputing Institute, and Chemical Theory Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, United States
J Chem Theory Comput 10:3669-80. 2014....
- Common Variable ImmunodeficiencyBiman Saikia
Department of Immunopathology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, 160012, India
Indian J Pediatr 83:338-44. 2016..cytometry aptly demonstrates a disturbed B cell homeostasis with reduced or absent memory B cells and increased CD21(low) B cells and transitional B cell populations...
- NCR1 is an activating receptor expressed on a subset of canine NK cellsChristine Grøndahl-Rosado
Department of Food Safety and Infection Biology, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, NMBU, Oslo, Norway
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 177:7-15. 2016..The cultured cells expressed MHC class II, showed a variable expression of CD8 and were negative for CD4 and CD21. The cultures were able to kill known NK cell targets, and NCR1 was shown to be a major activating receptor...
- Follicular dendritic cell activation and HIV pathogenesisGregory F Burton; Fiscal Year: 2010..FDCs trap ICs (including HIV) using CD32 (Fc?RIIB) and CD21 (Complement Receptor 2), although other as yet unknown receptors may also make contributions in the case of HIV-IC...
- Eric Meffre; Fiscal Year: 2016..increased frequency of peripheral unresponsive autoreactive B cells, which do not express the complement receptor 2/CD21 and are refractory to BCR and CD40 triggering...
- Susan A Boackle; Fiscal Year: 2014..The candidate has demonstrated that complement receptor 2 (CR2/CD21) is a strong candidate gene for lupus susceptibility in the NZM2410 mouse model of lupus as well as in human ..
- CD81 AND B CELL ANTIGEN RECEPTOR SIGNALINGErdyni Tsitsikov; Fiscal Year: 2002..of this project is to analyze the role of CD81, a component of the complement receptor 2 (CR2) complex, along with CD21, CD19 and Leu13, in signaling via the B cell antigen receptor (BCR)...
- REGULATION OF COMPLEMENT RECEPTOR GENE EXPRESSIONGeorge Tsokos; Fiscal Year: 2002..Since we have found that sera from patients with systemic autoimmune diseases have antibodies directed against this hnRNP, we propose to study their frequency and clinical significance. ..
- REGULATION OF HUMORAL IMMUNITY BY COMPLEMENT RECEPTORSHector Molina; Fiscal Year: 2001..Following backcrossing into CR1/CR2 deficient mice, the immune response to different antigens will then be evaluated. These experiments will clarify the different roles of these proteins in the immune response. ..
- Targeted Complement Inhibitors as Therapeutic AgentsWOODRUFF EMLEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- VERNON MICHAEL HOLERS; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Complement receptor type 2 (CR2/CD21) and its primary C3 activation fragment-derived ligand designated C3d play a central role in the development of high affinity antibodies to foreign antigens...
- REGULATION OF CR2/CD21 EXPRESSION AND ACTIVATIONJOHN WEIS; Fiscal Year: 2012The murine CD21/Cr2 gene encodes two proteins implicated in the acquisition of an optimal immune response...
- MICHAEL CRAIG CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2014..and shuttled to the underlying B cells where they are captured by cognate B or bound by naive B cells via CD21 receptor. How the antigen is transferred to the FDC remains unclear...
- Timothy J Sellati; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Novel Carrier for Polysaccharide Conjugates and an EBV VaccineCLIFFORD SNAPPER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The EBV protein, gp350, is the major target for EBV neutralizing antibody, as well as a ligand for CD21, a potent co-activator of the B cell antigen receptor...
- COMPLEMENT C3 AND ACQUIRED AND INNATE IMMUNITYMichael Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2003..is covalent attachment of activated C3 to pathogen surface as this provides a ligand for complement receptors CD21 and CD35 which are expressed on follicular dendritic cells and certain leukocytes including B lymphocytes and ..
- Early events in infection of epithelial cells with Epstein-Barr VirusSARAH M VALENCIA; Fiscal Year: 2011..in a B cell, but can involve interactions between the virus glycoprotein gp350 and the cell protein complement receptor type 2 (CR2 or CD21) and between the virus glycoprotein complex gHgL and the BMRF2 protein and cellular ..
- HO-1 and granuloma formation in TB pleurisyVeena B Antony; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- John F DiPersio; Fiscal Year: 2015..We hypothesize that pharmacologic interruption of the tethers that bind AML blasts to the bone marrow will sensitize these cells to chemotherapy and improve remission rates and long term disease free survival. ..
- Formins (FHOS) in CD21-mediated signaling & virus entryJoyce Fingeroth; Fiscal Year: 2009Human CD21 is an innate immune system receptor (C3dg receptor or complement receptor type 2, CR2) and is a key modulator of the acquired immune response. CD21 is also the high affinity receptor for EBV...
- Key molecular mechanisms of extraneural pathogenesis and transmission of TSEsMark D Zabel; Fiscal Year: 2012..1) previously published data demonstrating that partial or complete depletion of Complement components C1q, C3 and CD21 delays splenic prion accumulation and replication;and impedes or even prevents disease in murine models of scrapie;..
- VERNON MICHAEL HOLERS; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF B-LYMPHOCYTE RESTRICTED PROTEINSThomas Tedder; Fiscal Year: 2002..a B lymphocyte cell-surface receptor that is a central component of a signal transducing complex that includes CD21, a receptor for the C3d complement fragment...
- EBV Entry and Spread in the Oral CavityLindsey M Hutt-Fletcher; Fiscal Year: 2013..Unraveling mechanisms by which virus is targeted to cells newly prone to infection is important to understanding pathogenesis and developing evasive strategies ..
- Joshua M Thurman; Fiscal Year: 2016..The studies in this grant are significant because they examine a process central to the pathogenesis of a wide range of renal diseases and provide new treatment strategies for these diseases. ..
- 7 Tesla MRI Bolus CR Studies of Human BBB PermeabilityCharles S Springer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Though this project will study the normal and multiple sclerosis (MS) human brain, SSM DCE-MRI also applies to cancer in all areas of the body, to studies of normal and diseased human myocardium, and to many other pathologies. ..
- Association of Positional Candidate Gene Variants with SLEBetty P Tsao; Fiscal Year: 2012..The identification of novel genes common to multiple ethnic groups will yield new insights into the mechanisms underlying the disease, which may lead to the development of specific targets for therapeutic interventions. ..
- AIDS ASSOCIATED LEUKOPLAKIA--ROLE OF EBVNancy Raab Traub; Fiscal Year: 2004..with virus produced by lymphoid or epithelial cells, or whether entry is mediated by the known viral receptor, CD21, or by co-cultivation...
- Synthesis and Evaluation of Sigma-Active Cocaine AntagonistsRae R Matsumoto; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is anticipated that the results of this project will stimulate the rational development of new a2 receptor probes and ultimately contribute to improved treatments for psychostimulant abuse. ..
- The Structural basis of EBV Attachment: CD21 & gp350/220Joyce Fingeroth; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, although the EBV receptor (CR2/CD21) was identified almost 20 years ago, the structural basis for the interaction of CD21 with its EBV ..
- EBV AND ORAL IMMUNOPATHOLOGY IN SJOGREN'S SYNDROMEJOSEPH AHEARN; Fiscal Year: 1999..human SS, 3) the immunopathogenesis of murine models of 55, 4) the molecular biology of EBV and its receptor CR2 (CD21), and 5) the cellular and molecular biology of T lymphocyte responses to viral infections...
- TRANSGENIC MOUSE MODELS FOR STUDYING PROSTATE/GU DISEASEJeffrey Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2002..These mice will allow future tests of the contributions of various genes to urothelial function in health and disease. ..
- LIPOCORTINS (ANNEXINS) AND METAL-INDUCED MUTAGENESISFusao Hirata; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our proposed research will provide further insights to understanding of the molecular mechanisms of carcinogenesis, genetic instability and pathological diseases associated with the formation of mutations by heavy metals. ..
- CRYPTDIN EFFECTS ON CRYPT EPITHELIAWayne Lencer; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Complement Regulates the Humoral Response to HIV-1Michael M Frank; Fiscal Year: 2010..The binding of classical pathway proteins, but surprisingly not alternative pathway proteins, directs antigens to CD21, the C3d receptor, on MZ cells...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF INFLAMMATION AND HOST DEFENSEPER PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 1991..Another membrane protein with host protective function, homologous restriction factor, will also be isolated and studied...
- RHEUMATIC DISEASE--CORE CENTERPeter Schur; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- ROLE OF COMPLEMENT RECEPTOR IN THE IMMUNE RESPONSEDouglas Fearon; Fiscal Year: 1992..Demonstration of these reactions would provide a model that describes a role for complement in antigen-specific activation of T cells, and in T cell-dependent, antigen-non-specific, polyclonal B cell activation...
- Targeting complement inhibitors to the human proximal tubuleRichard Quigg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Although these are considered pilot and high-risk studies, successful completion could give us treatments for immediate use in clinical studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PUTATIVE MURINE COMPLEMENT RECEPTOR TYPE 2Joyce Fingeroth; Fiscal Year: 1992..Comparison of the human and murine receptor should provide insight into the different structural requirements for EBV and C3d attachment...
- TARGETING TO LYMPHOCYTES MEDIATED BY SYNTHETIC EPITOPESJindrich Kopecek; Fiscal Year: 2004..The EDPGFFNVE nonapeptide (NP) was recognized as the CD21 (CR2) binding epitope of the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) gp350/220 envelope glycoprotein, which mediates the virus ..
- Structural Studies of CR2 Interaction with EBVgp350Xiaojiang Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006b>Complement receptor type 2 (CR2/CD21) is a cell surface receptor that functions in diverse biological processes that include activating B-cell and T-dependent humoral immune responses, maintaining long-term B-cell memory and mediating ..
- Isolation of narrow subpopulations of cells using molecular computing cascadesMilan N Stojanovic; Fiscal Year: 2013..model system, we will demonstrate the ability to isolate narrow subpopulations of conventional memory B-cells (CD19+CD21+CD27+IgD-) and recently characterized unconventional memory B-cells (CD19+CD21-/lowCD27-IgD-CD95+)...
- CD4(-) and CD8(-) T Cells in Autoimmune & Normal MiceSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2006..the hypothesis that the interaction between anti-CD1 reactive NK T cells and marginal zone B cells (IgM(hi) IgD(lo) CD21(hi) CD1(hi)) via CD1 is a critical step in the pathogenesis of lupus in two mouse models; hereditary lupus in NZB/..
- FUNCTIONAL MAPPING OF THE HUMANS C3D RECEPTOR CR2JANIS WEIS; Fiscal Year: 1990Human complement receptor type 2, CR2, is the B lymphocyte receptor for the d region of the third component of complement...
- INITIATION OF CELL INFECTION BY EPSTEIN-BARR VIRUSLindsey Hutt Fletcher; Fiscal Year: 2004..A current model proposes that virus uses minimally an attachment protein gp350/220 which binds to the complement receptor type 2 (CR2) and a complex of three glycoproteins gH-gL-gp42 which is involved in penetration...
- BCR MEDIATED SIGNALING AND CYCLING B CELL BIOLOGYE Snow; Fiscal Year: 2001..In the first specific aim, experiments are outlined to test the hypothesis that the CD19/CD21 co-receptor plays an important role during delivery of this initial survival signal to cycling B cells...
- TARGETING THE CXCR4-SDF1 AXIS AS THERAPY FOR RELAPSED/REFRACTORY AMLJohn F DiPersio; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will be used to treat patients with relapsed AML to improve outcomes. ..
- REGULATION OF CBP/P300 IN NUCLEAR RECEPTOR FUNCTIONDebabrata Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Cr2 as a Murine Lupus Susceptibility GeneSUSAN BOACKLE; Fiscal Year: 2002..corresponding to Sle1c, derived from NZW, contains Cr2, which encodes complement receptors 1 and 2 (CR1/CR2, CD35/CD21). CR1/CR2 deficiency has been associated with autoimmune disease in both humans and in animal models...
- ROLE OF TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR EGR1 IN PROSTATE CANCERSARKI ABDULKADIR; Fiscal Year: 2004..The immediate goal is to train in a high-quality research environment and to develop tools and techniques that will prepare the Principal Investigator for a successful academic pathology career. ..
- Role of the Fragilis Proteins in the Immune ResponseJOHN WEIS; Fiscal Year: 2005..These proteins represent yet another bridge between the molecules that function within the antigen specific response (B cell receptor, T cell receptor, etc) and those of the innate immune response. ..
- B Cell Presentation of HIVDavid H Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..cultures reflects HIV binding to B cell surface membrane via DC-SIGN, CD40, LFA-1, and (in the presence of C3d) CD21. 3) Contact-dependent B cell presentation of HIV to purified autologous and allogeneic T cells, MDMs, and ..
- DETERMINANTS OF EPSTEIN BARR VIRUS MUCOSAL PATHOGENESISJohn Sixbey; Fiscal Year: 2000..data to suggest that epithelial cell polarity may play a role, whether the uptake of EBV is mediated by the EBV receptor CR2 or by IgA modulation of infection...
- COMPLEMENT AND B CELL TOLERANCE IN A MURINE MODEL OF SLEElahna Paul; Fiscal Year: 2002..genetic background (mixed C57BL/6 and 129), even isolated deficiency of C4 (C4^-/-) or of its receptor CD21/CD35 (Cr2^-/-) are risk factors for developing autoantibodies to DNA...
- MECHANISMS OF ANTIBODY MEDIATED ALLOGRAFT REJECTIONBarbara Wasowska; Fiscal Year: 2003..4. P-selectin augments activation of endothelial cells, platelets and macrophages in allograft rejection. ..
- Functional Analysis of Complement Receptor 2 as a Lupus Susceptibility GeneSusan A Boackle; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Complement receptor 2 (CR2/CD21) is the strongest candidate gene for lupus susceptibility in the Sle 1c lupus susceptibility interval of the NZM2410 mouse model of lupus, based on structural and ..
- Complement Receptor 2 as a Biomarker for Systemic Lupus ErythematosusSUSAN BOACKLE; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Complement receptor 2 (CR2/CD21) is the strongest candidate gene for lupus susceptibility in the Slelc lupus susceptibility interval of the NZM2410 mouse model of lupus, based on ..
- Cr2 as a Murine Lupus Susceptibility GeneSUSAN BOACKLE; Fiscal Year: 2007..corresponding to Slelc, derived from NZW, contains Cr2, which encodes complement receptors I and 2 (CR1/CR2, CD35/CD21). CR1/CR2 deficiency has been associated with autoimmune disease in both humans and in animal models...
- ROD NEURODEGENERATIVE AND PROTECTIVE GENESBaerbel Rohrer; Fiscal Year: 2005..We expect to isolate common downstream target genes that are activated both during degeneration and neuroprotection. ..
- Co-stimuli for Human Marginal Zone B Cell ActivationPatricia Mongini; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal is based on the hypothesis that several facets of MZ B cells (i.e. heightened levels of C3dg-binding CD21, their proximity and sensitivity to BAFF, and their proximity and possible sensitivity to Toll-like receptor (TLR)-..
- Transgenic Rod Development and FunctionBaerbel Rohrer; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, more importantly, it will provide avenues for studying gene defects at the single cell level not only in the retina, but in other systems as well. ..
- Evolution of Autoimmunity in Rheumatoid ArthritisV Holers; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- C3D/EBV RECEPTOR LIGAND BINDING SITESV Holers; Fiscal Year: 2006Human complement receptor type 2 (CR2/CD21) is an ~145 Kd Type I transmembrane protein that serves as a receptor for three classes of ligands...
- MOUSE MEMBRANE RCA PROTEINS IN THE IMMUNE RESPONSEV Holers; Fiscal Year: 2008..Two of these receptors, complement receptor type 1 (CR1/CD35) and type 2 (CR2/CD21), are members of a family of structurally related proteins called the Regulators of Complement Activation (RCA)...
- DENVER AUTOIMMUNITY CENTER OF EXCELLENCEV Holers; Fiscal Year: 2007..This latter project involves a newly established collaboration with a separate institution and group of clinicians skilled in the clinical investigation of RA. ..