Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD20
Description: membrane spanning 4-domains A1
Alias: Bp35, CD20, CVID5, LEU-16, MS4A2, B-lymphocyte antigen CD20, B-lymphocyte cell-surface antigen B1, CD20 antigen, CD20 receptor, leukocyte surface antigen Leu-16, membrane-spanning 4-domains, subfamily A, member 1
Publications422 found, 100 shown here
- Validation of a capillary isoelectric focusing method for the recombinant monoclonal antibody C2B8G Hunt
Department of Quality Control Clinical Development, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Chromatogr A 800:355-67. 1998..for the purpose of determining the identity and charge distribution of mouse/human chimeric antibody to human CD20 antigen (C2B8)...
- Effect of interferon-alpha on CD20 antigen expression of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaS Sivaraman
Rush Cancer Institute, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612 3750, USA
Cytokines Cell Mol Ther 6:81-7. 2000..There was no statistically significant increase in CD20 antigen expression on normal lymphocytes following cytokine exposure...
- Mechanism of action of rituximabD G Maloney
Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Anticancer Drugs 12:S1-4. 2001The CD20 antigen is strongly and stably expressed on cells of the B-cell lineage, but not on stem cells, and is thus an ideal target antigen for antibody therapy of B-cell malignancies...
- Iodine-131 tositumomab (Bexxar): radioimmunoconjugate therapy for indolent and transformed B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJonathan W Friedberg
Lymphoma Program, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 4:18-26. 2004Tositumomab is an immunoglobulin G murine monoclonal antibody that binds to the CD20 antigen on the surface of normal and malignant human B-cells...
- Combined therapy with rituximab plus cyclophosphamide/vincristine/prednisone for Sjogren's syndrome-associated B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJ Carbone
Department of Immunology, University Hospital Gregorio Maranon, Dr Esquerdo 46, 28007, Madrid, Spain
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 34:80-4. 2008..Optimal treatment for NHL-complicating SS is not clearly established. NHL, which expresses the CD20 antigen on tumor cell surfaces, is a disease entity candidate to treatment with anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies...
- Store-operated cation entry mediated by CD20 in membrane raftsHaidong Li
Immunology Research Group, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary Health Sciences Center, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:42427-34. 2003..The molecular identity of these channels is not known. Ectopic expression of the raft-associated tetraspan protein CD20 in Chinese hamster ovary cells introduced a novel SOC entry pathway that was permeable to strontium as well as to ..
- Induction of cytosolic calcium flux by CD20 is dependent upon B Cell antigen receptor signalingClaire A Walshe
Cancer Sciences Division, General Hospital, Southampton University School of Medicine, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:16971-84. 2008The anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody (mAb) rituximab is now routinely used for the treatment of non-Hodgkins lymphoma and is being examined in a wide range of other B-cell disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis...
- CD3-negative, CD20-positive T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia: case report and review of the literatureKenji Tamayose
Department of Hematology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hematol 71:331-5. 2002We report a case of CD3-negative, CD20-positive T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia (T-PLL). The leukemic cells were of medium-to-large size, mature-looking, and did not have cytoplasmic granules...
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia CD20 expression is dependent on the genetic subtype: a study of quantitative flow cytometry and fluorescent in-situ hybridization in 510 patientsConstantine S Tam
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Br J Haematol 141:36-40. 2008..Patients were classified using the Dohner hierarchial classification. The median numbers of CD20 antigen sites by FISH subtypes were: 17p- (n = 26), 9341 per cell; 11q- (n = 42), 5886 per cell; +12 (n = 93), 23 603 ..
- Rapid method for monitoring galactosylation levels during recombinant antibody production by electrospray mass spectrometry with selective-ion monitoringH Z Wan
Department of Manufacturing Sciences, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Chromatogr A 913:437-46. 2001..to an HPLC system to quantify the glycoform amounts found on a recombinant antibody that binds to the human CD20 antigen. Samples from the recombinant antibody process are reduced and injected directly into the HPLC system where the ..
- The involvement of matrix metalloproteinases and inflammation in lumbar disc herniationY Matsui
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Toyohashi Municipal Hospital, Aichi, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:863-8; discussion 868-9. 1998..discs were stained with hematoxylin-eosin or toluidine blue or were immunostained with monoclonal antibodies to CD20, CD45RO, and CD68, anti-MMP-1, and anti-MMP-3, using the avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex method...
- Distinguishing B and T lymphocytes by scanning electron microscopyJ A Terzakis
Kalvin Electron Microscope Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ultrastruct Pathol 24:205-9. 2000..of T lymphocytes and B lymphocytes was verified by immunocytochemical staining respectively with CD3 and CD20 antisera...
- Mitoxantrone as a single agent in pretreated metastatic breast cancer: effects on T lymphocyte subsets and their relation to clinical responseS Barni
Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologica, Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza, Milano, Italy
Tumori 77:227-31. 1991..Moreover, in 8/16 patients, B lymphocytes (CD20), T suppressor cells (CD8+/CD57+), T cytotoxic cells (CD8+/CD57-), NK (CD16) and IL-2 receptor-expressing cells (..
- Granulomatous slack skin in childhoodF M Camacho
Department of Medical-Surgical Dermatology, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 14:204-8. 1997..The lymphoid cells showed the following immunophenotype: CD43+ (MT1), CD45+, CD45RO+, CD20-. The phenotype of the giant cells was lysozyme positive, CD68+ and Mac387-...
- Immunological effects following administration of interferon-alpha in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (cHCV) infectionE Jirillo
Faculty of Medicine, University of Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:355-74. 1996..patients IFN-alpha administration gave rise to an increase (above normality) of CD3+, CD4+, CD8+, CD14+, CD16+ and CD20+ cell absolute numbers, while in one patient the same markers dramatically dropped below normal range...
- [Distribution and force spectroscopy of CD20 antigen-antibody binding on the B cell surface]Qiulan Wang
Department of Chemistry, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 27:131-6. 2011The lower expression of CD20 antigen molecules on the B cell membrane is the primary characteristic of B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL)...
- Rituximab chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody treatment for adults with chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraR Stasi
Department of Medical Sciences, Regina Apostolorum Hospital, Albano Laziale, Italy
Blood 98:952-7. 2001The role of rituximab, a chimeric monoclonal antibody directed against the CD20 antigen, in the treatment of patients with chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) has not been determined...
- Construction and characterization of a fusion protein of single-chain anti-CD20 antibody and human beta-glucuronidase for antibody-directed enzyme prodrug therapyH J Haisma
Departments of Medical Oncology and Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Academic Hospital Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 92:184-90. 1998The CD20 antigen is an attractive target for specific treatment of B-cell lymphoma...
- [Combination of thalidomide and rituximab in suppressing myeloma cells in vitro]Juan Li
Department of Hematology, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, P R China
Ai Zheng 21:1324-7. 2002The efficiency of rituximab (Mabthera) is related to CD20 expression density on cell membrane...
- Expression of adhesion molecules in the host response to colon carcinomaB F Banner
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester 01655, USA
Ultrastruct Pathol 19:113-8. 1995..samples were stained by a labeled avidin-biotin technique using primary antibodies to LFA-1 (CD11a), CD2, CD4, CD8, CD20, CD68, HLA-DR, ICAM-1 (CD54), and VCAM-1...
- Rituximab (anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody) for the treatment of patients with relapsing or refractory aggressive lymphoma: a multicenter phase II studyB Coiffier
Service d Hematologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France the Service d Hématologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France the Klinik 1 fur Innere Medezin, Universitat zu Koln, Koln, Germany
Blood 92:1927-32. 1998Rituximab, a chimeric monoclonal antibody that binds specifically to the CD20 antigen, induced objective responses in 50% of patients with low-grade or follicular B-cell lymphoma...
- Rituximab followed by cladribine in the treatment of heavily pretreated patients with indolent lymphoid malignanciesTadeusz Robak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz and Copernicus Memorial Hospital, 93 513 Lodz, Pabianicka 62, Poland
Leuk Lymphoma 45:937-44. 2004..Twenty six CD20 antigen positive patients, 15 with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL) and 11 with low grade non-Hodgin's ..
- Existence of leukemic clones resistant to both imatinib mesylate and rituximab before drug therapies in a patient with Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphocytic leukemiaTakaaki Hato
Division of Blood Transfusion, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shitsukawa, Shigenobu, Onsen gun, Ehime, Japan
Int J Hematol 80:62-6. 2004Imatinib mesylate and rituximab are molecularly targeted drugs against the BCR-ABL fusion protein and the CD20 antigen, respectively. Although these drugs have excellent anticancer effects, a major concern is drug resistance...
- Anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody (rituximab) treatment for cryoglobulinemic vasculitis: where do we stand?P Cacoub
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CNRS, UMR 7087, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 67:283-7. 2008..Recent reports describe the use of monoclonal antibodies directed to CD20 antigen (rituximab), a transmembrane protein expressed on pre-B lymphocytes and mature lymphocytes...
- Complete remission of a primary cutaneous B-cell lymphoma of the lower leg by first-line monotherapy with the CD20-antibody rituximabB Bonnekoh
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 128:161-6. 2002Rituximab is a genetically engineered antibody recognizing the CD20 antigen known to be expressed by more than 95% of B-cell lymphomas...
- Current status of cancer therapy with radiolabeled monoclonal antibodyNoboru Oriuchi
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi 371 8511, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 19:355-65. 2005..using 131I- and 90Y-labeled anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies is now indicated for the treatment of patients with CD20 antigen-expressing relapsed or refractory, low-grade or transformed non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), including patients ..
- Predictive significance of the cut-off value of CD20 expression in patients with B-cell lymphomaMateja Horvat
Bayer d o o, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Oncol Rep 24:1101-7. 2010..patients who achieved complete response after rituximab therapy had a significantly higher expression of the CD20 antigen (p=0.018) than those whose disease only stabilized after rituximab therapy...
- Pretreatment with rituximab does not inhibit the human immune response against the immunogenic protein LMB-1Raffit Hassan
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:16-8. 2004Rituximab, a humanized monoclonal antibody directed to the CD20 antigen present on B lymphocytes, could potentially abrogate the humoral immune response to murine monoclonal antibodies or immunotoxins by depleting antibody-producing B ..
- [Efficacy of rituximab-containing salvage regimens on relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma]Hui Qiang Huang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, Gongdong 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 25:486-9. 2006..Rituximab, a chimeric anti-CD20 antigen, in combination with CHOP or CHOP-like chemotherapy may improve both disease-freely survival and overall ..
- Antitumor effects of an engineered and energized fusion protein consisting of an anti-CD20 scFv fragment and lidamycinHong Fang
Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, China
Sci China Life Sci 54:255-62. 2011Antibody-based fusion proteins are the next generation of antibody therapies for cancer and other diseases. CD20 antigen, which is overexpressed on cell membranes in nearly 95% of cases of B-cell Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, is an attractive ..
- Cloning of a complementary DNA encoding a new mouse B lymphocyte differentiation antigen, homologous to the human B1 (CD20) antigen, and localization of the gene to chromosome 19T F Tedder
Division of Tumor Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115
J Immunol 141:4388-94. 1988The human B1 (CD20) molecule is a differentiation Ag found only on the surface of B lymphocytes. This structurally unique phosphoprotein plays a role in the regulation of human B cell proliferation and differentiation...
- 99mTc-labelled rituximab, a new non-Hodgkin's lymphoma imaging agent: first clinical experienceTanja Gmeiner Stopar
Department for Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Slovenia
Nucl Med Commun 29:1059-65. 2008..was performed to explore the possibility of using Tc-rituximab as an imaging agent to assess expression of CD20 antigen in patients with B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) before (radio) immunotherapy, for staging and subsequent ..
- Histological and immunophenotypic changes in 59 cases of B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma after rituximab therapyAkiko Miyagi Maeshima
Clinical Laboratory, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:54-61. 2009Rituximab is a chimeric monoclonal antibody that recognizes the CD20 antigen. It has been used to treat B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (B-NHL), but recently rituximab resistance has been a cause for concern...
- CD20 antigen imaging with ¹²⁴I-rituximab PET/CT in patients with rheumatoid arthritisL Tran
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Antibodies 20:29-35. 2011Visualization of the CD20-antigen expression could provide a tool to localize sites of inflammation and could be of additive value in the diagnosis, and subsequently, in the treatment follow-up of patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- Canine CD20 geneRui Kano
Department of Pathobiology, Nihon University School of Veterinary Medicine, 1866 Kameiho, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252 8510, Japan
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 108:265-8. 2005The human CD20 antigen, a 35kDa cell surface nonglycosylated hydrophobic phoshpoprotein is expressed consistently on almost all human B-cells, and its monoclonal antibody is used for the therapy on human B-cell lymphoma...
- [Density expression of the CD20 antigen on population of tumor cells in patients with chronic B-lymphocyte lymphoproliferative diseases]V Sukova
Laborator flow cytometrie a celulární terapie LF MU a FN, Brno
Cas Lek Cesk 145:712-6; discussion 716-7. 2006..Therefore, the authors analyzed and compared the densities of the CD20 antigen in patients with chronic lymphoproliferative diseases.
- Acquirement of rituximab resistance in lymphoma cell lines is associated with both global CD20 gene and protein down-regulation regulated at the pretranscriptional and posttranscriptional levelsMyron S Czuczman
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:1561-70. 2008..Significant changes in surface CD20 antigen expression were shown in RRCL...
- B-lymphoma cells escape rituximab-triggered elimination by NK cells through increased HLA class I expressionAndrea Borgerding
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Exp Hematol 38:213-21. 2010..Resistance to this treatment occurs, although CD20 antigen is expressed on the tumor cells.
- The pharmacokinetics of ¹²⁴I-rituximab in patients with rheumatoid arthritisL Tran
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Antibodies 20:7-14. 2011Rheumatoid arthritis is a destructive inflammatory joint disorder. Pre- and mature B-cells, characterized by CD20 antigen expression, play an important role in the inflammatory process...
- Rituximab chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody therapy for relapsed indolent lymphoma: half of patients respond to a four-dose treatment programP McLaughlin
Department of Hematology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:2825-33. 1998The CD20 antigen is expressed on more than 90% of B-cell lymphomas. It is appealing for targeted therapy, because it does not shed or modulate...
- Complement activation in circulation and central nervous system after rituximab (anti-CD20) treatment of B-cell lymphomaA Harjunpää
The Department of Bacteriology and Immunology Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
Leuk Lymphoma 42:731-8. 2001Rituximab (IDEC-C2B8, Mabthera, Rituxan), a chimeric monoclonal antibody against the B-cell specific CD20-antigen, has been demonstrated to be effective in the treatment of non-Hodgkin's B-cell lymphoma (B-NHL)...
- Rituximab in combination with vinorelbine/gemcitabine chemotherapy in patients with primary refractory or early relapsed T cell rich B cell lymphoma. A pilot studyNikolaos Xiros
Second Department of Internal Medicine Propaedeutic, Evangelismos Hospital, University of Athens, Ipsilandou 45 47, 106 76 Athens, Greece
Leuk Res 27:1097-9. 2003Rituximab is a chimeric monoclonal antibody that binds specifically to the CD20 antigen expressed in most B cell lymphomas...
- (99m)Tc-rituximab radiolabelled by photo-activation: a new non-Hodgkin's lymphoma imaging agentT Gmeiner Stopar
Department for Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Zaloska 7, 1525 Ljubljana Slovenia
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 33:53-9. 2006..It is directed against the CD20 antigen, which is expressed by 95% of B-cell NHLs...
- Rituximab (chimeric anti-CD20 antibody) for posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder after solid organ transplantation in adults: long-term experience from a single centerAshokkumar B Jain
Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Transplantation 80:1692-8. 2005..Many PTLD are B cell in origin have CD20 antigen on the cell surface...
- First clinical use of ofatumumab, a novel fully human anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody in relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma: results of a phase 1/2 trialAnton Hagenbeek
University Medical Center Utrecht, Department of Hematology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 111:5486-95. 2008Ofatumumab is a unique monoclonal antibody that targets a distinct small loop epitope on the CD20 molecule...
- Lenalidomide down-regulates the CD20 antigen and antagonizes direct and antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity of rituximab on primary chronic lymphocytic leukemia cellsRosa Lapalombella
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Blood 112:5180-9. 2008..The anti-CD20 antibody rituximab is active in CLL and represents a rational agent to combine with lenalidomide...
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: reduced CD20 expression is associated with an inferior survivalNathalie A Johnson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Blood 113:3773-80. 2009..Exon 5 of the MS4A1 gene coding for the extracellular component of the CD20 antigen was sequenced in 15 samples...
- Does rituximab have a place in treating classic hodgkin lymphoma?Yasuhiro Oki
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 429, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 5:135-9. 2010..Of particular interest is the CD20 antigen, because it is expressed not only on a small fraction of HRS cells but also on the benign reactive B cells in ..
- HDAC inhibitors augment cytotoxic activity of rituximab by upregulating CD20 expression on lymphoma cellsR Shimizu
Division of Stem Cell Regulation, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, Japan
Leukemia 24:1760-8. 2010..HDAC) inhibitors augment the cytotoxic activity of rituximab by enhancing the surface expression of CD20 antigen on lymphoma cells...
- Monoclonal antibody FMC7 detects a conformational epitope on the CD20 molecule: evidence from phenotyping after rituxan therapy and transfectant cell analysesS Serke
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Cytometry 46:98-104. 2001..Our data indicate that FMC7 binds to a particular conformation of the CD20 antigen, probably to a multimeric CD20 complex...
- [Bone marrow immunophenotypes of 112 cases of lymphoid system malignant diseases]Jia Yu Ling
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 26:418-22. 2007..This study was to analyze the immunophenotypic characteristics of lymphocytic leukemia and NHL with bone marrow involvement using flow cytometry (FCM)...
- High-dose myeloablative radioimmunotherapy of mantle cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma with the iodine-131-labeled chimeric anti-CD20 antibody C2B8 and autologous stem cell support. Results of a pilot studyThomas M Behr
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Georg August University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Cancer 94:1363-72. 2002b>CD20 has been used successfully as a target molecule for conventional low-dose, as well as high-dose, myeloablative radioimmunotherapy (RIT) of B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)...
- Changes in antigen expression on B lymphocytes during HIV infectionL Ginaldi
Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, University of L Aquila, Italy
Pathobiology 66:17-23. 1998..We investigated the level of expression of a series of constitutive surface markers in B lymphocytes (HLA-DR, CD19, CD20, CD21, CD22) from 30 HIV-seropositive adult patients and 20 normal controls...
- Late-onset neutropenia after rituximab treatment: case series and comprehensive review of the literatureOfir Wolach
Internal Medicine A, and Institute of Hematology, Davidoff Cancer Center, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Hospital, Petah Tikva, Israel
Medicine (Baltimore) 89:308-18. 2010Rituximab is a chimeric monoclonal antibody against CD20 that is used mainly for the treatment of CD20-positive lymphoma...
- Radioimmunotherapy for patients with relapsed B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomaT E Witzig
Division of Internal Medicine and Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester 55905, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 48:S91-5. 2001Clinical trials of an yttrium-90 (90Y)-conjugated monoclonal antibody to CD20 in patients with relapsed B cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) are reviewed...
- Proliferating active cells, lymphocyte subsets, and dendritic cells in recurrent tonsillitis: their effect on hypertrophyNecat Alatas
Baskent Universitesi, Konya Arastirma Uygulama Merkezi KBB AD, Hocacihan Mahalle, Saray Cad, No 1, Selcuklu, TR 42080 Konya, Turkey
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:477-83. 2008..To investigate the causes of hypertrophy in recurrent tonsillitis with hypertrophy (RTTH)...
- Evaluation of the profile of the immune cell infiltrate in lichen planus, discoid lupus erythematosus, and chronic dermatitisMahmoud Rezk A Hussein
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Assuit University Hospitals, Assuit, Egypt
Pathology 40:682-93. 2008..This investigation tries to test this hypothesis and to characterise immune cells in interface dermatitis...
- Phylogenetic analysis of the MS4A and TMEM176 gene familiesJonathan Zuccolo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e9369. 2010The MS4A gene family in humans includes CD20 (MS4A1), FcRbeta (MS4A2), Htm4 (MS4A3), and at least 13 other syntenic genes encoding membrane proteins, most having characteristic tetraspanning topology...
- Novel monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaTadeusz Robak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz and Copernicus Memorial Hospital, 93 510 Lodz, ul Ciołkowskiego 2, Poland
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 8:156-71. 2008..More recently the introduction of monoclonal antibodies (mAb), especially rituximab directed against CD20 and alemtuzumab directed against CD52, has renewed interest in CLL therapy...
- γδ T-cell killing of primary follicular lymphoma cells is dramatically potentiated by GA101, a type II glycoengineered anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodyMounia Sabrina Braza
INSERM U1040, Montpellier, France
Haematologica 96:400-7. 2011Anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies are major therapeutic agents for patients with follicular lymphoma and work through complement-mediated cytotoxicity and antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity...
- [Human/mouse chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody enhances antigen presentation in dendritic cells and induces anti-lymphoma CTL effects]Li Mei Ai
Department of Hematology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 15:1247-52. 2007In order to investigate the cellular immunoresponses mediated by chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody (anti-CD20 McAb) through dendritic cells (DCs), mononuclear cells were isolated from human peripheral blood (PBMNC) and DCs from ..
- Fas receptor clustering and involvement of the death receptor pathway in rituximab-mediated apoptosis with concomitant sensitization of lymphoma B cells to fas-induced apoptosisAlja J Stel
University Medical Center Groningen, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Section Medical Biology Laboratory Tumor Immunology, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Immunol 178:2287-95. 2007Ab binding to CD20 has been shown to induce apoptosis in B cells. In this study, we demonstrate that rituximab sensitizes lymphoma B cells to Fas-induced apoptosis in a caspase-8-dependent manner...
- In vitro evaluation of radioprotective and radiosensitizing effects of rituximabNirav S Kapadia
School of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287 0817, USA
J Nucl Med 49:674-8. 2008Clinical radioimmunotherapies with anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies involve administering a predose of unlabeled anti-CD20 antibodies to favorably alter the biodistribution profile of the subsequently administered radiolabeled antibodies ..
- Expression of calcium-permeable cation channel CD20 accelerates progression through the G1 phase in Balb/c 3T3 cellsM Kanzaki
Department of Cell Biology, Gunma University, Maebashi, Japan
J Biol Chem 270:13099-104. 1995b>CD20 is a transmembrane protein that functions as a Ca(2+)-permeable cation channel (Bubien, J. K., Zhou, L. J., Bell, P. D., Frizzel, R. A., and Tedder, T. F. (1993) J. Cell Biol...
- Antigen modulation followed by quantitative flow cytometry of B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells after treatmentJ Kusenda
Cancer Research Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Neoplasma 51:97-102. 2004..B-CLL cells we used immunological marker analysis of surface markers characteristic for B-CLL pattern: CD5, CD19, CD20, CD23 and HLA DR and enumeration of fluorescence intensity of these markers given by molecular equivalent of ..
- Design and synthesis of bis-biotin-containing reagents for applications utilizing monoclonal antibody-based pretargeting systems with streptavidin mutantsD Scott Wilbur
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Bioconjug Chem 21:1225-38. 2010Previous studies have shown that pretargeting protocols, using cancer-targeting fusion proteins, composed of 4 anti-CD20 single chain Fv (scFv) fragments and streptavidin (scFv(4)-SAv), followed by a biotinylated dendrimeric N-acetyl-..
- Simultaneous effects of lead and cadmium on NK cell activity and some phenotypic parametersB Yucesoy
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ankara University, Tandogan, Turkey
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:339-48. 1997..In the present paper, we investigated the simultaneous effects of lead and cadmium on NK cell activity and CD4+, CD20+ cell percentages in the workers and compared the data with control and lead-exposed groups...
- Mantle cell lymphoma: non-myeloablative versus dose-intensive therapyFrederick B Hagemeister
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 44:S69-75. 2003..In recent years, the use of the chimeric monoclonal antibody rituximab, which is directed against the CD20 antigen, has provided new possibilities for the treatment of MCL...
- B cells as a therapeutic target in autoimmune diseases other than rheumatoid arthritisR J Looney
University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rm G 6454, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:ii13-ii17. 2005Selective B-cell depletion with anti-CD20 therapy is a promising novel treatment option for patients with refractory autoimmune disease...
- Inflammatory and autoimmune complications of common variable immune deficiencyAdina Kay Knight
Clinical Immunology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Room 1120, Box 1089, 1425 Madison Ave, New York 10029, USA
Autoimmun Rev 5:156-9. 2006..TNF antagonists and anti-CD20 immunomodulators have shown some efficacy in CVID in a few patients; further controlled studies are needed to ..
- Plasmacytic hyperplasia in age-related Epstein-Barr virus-associated lymphoproliferative disorders: a report of two casesMasaru Kojima
Department of Pathology and Clinical Laboratories, Gunma Cancer Center Hospital, 617 1, Takabayashinishi cho, Ohta 373 8550, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 204:267-72. 2008..Hodgkin (H) and Reed-Sternberg (RS) cells were CD3-, CD20+, CD15-. CD30+, CD45RB+, and latent membrane antigen-1+...
- Castleman's disease--a two compartment model of HHV8 infectionKlaus Martin Schulte
Department of Endocrine Surgery, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 7:533-43. 2010..Surgery produces excellent results in unicentric disease, while multicentric disease responds to anti-CD20 therapy or IL-6 and chemotherapy...
- Management of acute and refractory Kawasaki diseaseCarline E Tacke
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, H7 230, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 10:1203-15. 2012..options include further dose(s) of IVIG, corticosteroids, TNF-α blockade, cyclosporin A, anti-IL-1 and anti-CD20 therapy...
- A humanized mouse identifies the bone marrow as a niche with low therapeutic IgG activityAnja Lux
Institute of Genetics, Department of Biology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erwin Rommelstrasse 3, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Cell Rep 7:236-48. 2014..Using a model of B cell depletion with different human IgG variants that recognize CD20, we show that this humanized mouse model can provide unique insights into the mechanism of human IgG activity in ..
- Iodine-131-anti-B1 radioimmunotherapy for B-cell lymphomaM S Kaminski
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0724, USA
J Clin Oncol 14:1974-81. 1996The CD20 B-lymphocyte surface antigen expressed by B-cell lymphomas is an attractive target for radioimmunotherapy, treatment using radiolabeled antibodies...
- Expression of activation markers CD23 and CD69 in B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaM Erlanson
Department of Oncology, Umea University, Sweden
Eur J Haematol 60:125-32. 1998..Ninety samples from 84 patients with NHL of B cell type were studied for the expression of CD23 and CD69 in CD20+ B cells by flow cytometric dual parameter analysis...
- Humanized anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody (Rituximab) in post transplant B-lymphoproliferative disorder: a retrospective analysis on 32 patientsN Milpied
CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Ann Oncol 11:113-6. 2000..We report the activity of a humanized anti CD 20 Mo Ab (Rituximab-MABTHERA Roche) in 32 episodes of BLPD treated in 14 French centers...
- In vivo depletion of B cells using a combination of high-dose cytosine arabinoside/mitoxantrone and rituximab for autografting in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphomaM T Voso
Department of Internal Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, and German Cancer Research Centre, Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Haematol 109:729-35. 2000..5 and 11.5 d (range 11-24 and 9-24 d) respectively. In conclusion, the addition of the CD20 antibody to chemotherapy ensured tumour depletion in vivo and allowed the collection of PBSCs devoid of tumour ..
- The polyneuropathy associated with Waldenström's macroglobulinaemia can be treated effectively with chemotherapy and the anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody rituximabR Weide
Haematology Oncology Group Practice, Neversstrasse 5, Koblenz, Germany
Br J Haematol 109:838-41. 2000..This is the first report showing that WM-associated polyneuropathy can be treated effectively with a combination of chemotherapy and the anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody rituximab.
- Pretreatment with interleukin-2 modulates perioperative immunodysfunction in patients with renal cell carcinomaM Bohm
Department of Urology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Folia Biol (Praha) 49:63-8. 2003..and humoral immunity (differential blood count, T-cell markers CD2, CD3, CD4, and CD8, B-cell markers CD19 and CD20, monocyte markers CD13 and CD14, NK-cell marker CD16, activation markers CD25, CD26, CD69 and HLA-DR, and cytokines ..
- CD20-induced lymphoma cell death is independent of both caspases and its redistribution into triton X-100 insoluble membrane raftsH T Claude Chan
Tenovus Research Laboratory, Cancer Sciences Division, School of Medicine, General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD United Kingdom
Cancer Res 63:5480-9. 2003..In the current study, CD20-induced apoptosis was investigated with a panel of anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies (mAb) in a wide range of cell ..
- Monoclonal antibody treatment of orbital lymphomaTimothy J Sullivan
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Queensland, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 20:103-6. 2004To describe the use of an anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody, Rituximab, in the treatment of orbital lymphoma.
- Treatment of SLE with anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodyR John Looney
Allergy Immunology, Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Curr Dir Autoimmun 8:193-205. 2005..This article will review the role of B cells in human SLE as well as the currently available data on the treatment of SLE by depleting B cells with anti-CD20 (rituximab).
- Rituxan (anti-CD20 antibody)-induced translocation of CD20 into lipid rafts is crucial for calcium influx and apoptosisE Janas
Rheumatoid Arthritis Biology, RI CEDD, Stevenage, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 139:439-46. 2005Rituxan, a chimeric anti-CD20 antibody, is the first antibody approved for immunotherapy in non-Hodgkin's B-cell lymphoma and other B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders...
- Systemic eight-cycle anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody (rituximab) therapy in primary cutaneous B-cell lymphomas--an applicational observationS Gellrich
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergy, Medical Faculty Charité, Humboldt University Berlin, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Br J Dermatol 153:167-73. 2005..Since 1997 the recombinant, chimeric anti-CD20 antibody rituximab has been used in patients suffering from non-Hodgkin's B-cell lymphomas...
- Clinical implications of blast immunophenotypes in myelodysplastic syndromesKiyoyuki Ogata
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 46:1269-74. 2005..1) MDS blasts were usually CD34( + )CD38( + )HLA-DR( + )CD13( + )CD33( + )CD2(-)CD3(-)CD5(-)CD8(-)CD19(-)CD20(-) in flow cytometric analysis and often lacked myeloperoxidase in cytochemistry, regardless of the MDS subtype...
- Neutrophilic granulocytes are the predominant cell type infiltrating pancreatic islets in contact with ABO-compatible bloodL Moberg
Department of Oncology, Radiology and Clinical Immunology, Division of Clinical Immunology, Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden
Clin Exp Immunol 142:125-31. 2005..eosinophilic granulocytes (NaCN + H(2)O(2)), macrophages (CD68), dendritic cells (CD209/DC-SIGN), B cells (CD20) and T cells (CD4, CD8)...
- Immunohistochemical and ultrastructural investigation on cutaneous neuroendocrine carcinoma: report of a case and review of the literatureHideaki Ishii
Department of Pathology, Tokyo Medical University, 6 1 1 Shinjuku, Tokyo 160 8402, Japan
Med Mol Morphol 39:164-8. 2006..Immunohistochemistry tests gave negative results for LCA, UCHL-1, CD3, and CD20, thereby excluding malignant lymphoma, and the negative results for S-100 protein and HMB-45 ruled out malignant ..
- Chimeric T-cell receptors: new challenges for targeted immunotherapy in hematologic malignanciesEttore Biagi
Centro di Ricerca Matilde Tettamanti, Department of Pediatrics, University of Milano Bicocca, San Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Milan, Italy
Haematologica 92:381-8. 2007..Thus, CD19 and CD20 have been targeted for B-cell lymphoid tumors (acute lymphoblastic leukemia-ALL, lymphomas and chronic lymphocytic ..
- Reactivity with TdT in Merkel cell carcinoma: a potential diagnostic pitfallCary J Buresh
Immunohistochemistry Division, ProPath Laboratory, Dallas, TX 75247, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 129:894-8. 2008..with TdT in MCC could represent a diagnostic pitfall in the differential diagnosis with lymphoblastic lymphoma, particularly because the latter may lack CD45 and/or CD20, yet both neoplasms may express PAX-5, a B-cell-associated marker.
- A requirement for calcium in the caspase-independent killing of Burkitt lymphoma cell lines by RituximabIan Daniels
David Evans Medical Research Centre, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust, City Hospital Campus, Nottingham, UK
Br J Haematol 142:394-403. 2008..Together, these data suggest that ligation of the CD20 receptor with rituximab allows a slow sustained influx of Ca(2+) from the external environment that under certain ..
- Rituximab levels in cerebrospinal fluid of patients with neurological autoimmune disordersH F Petereit
Department of Neurology, Heilig Geist Krankenhaus, Koln, Germany
Mult Scler 15:189-92. 2009Rituximab, a monoclonal antibody against the B-cell-specific surface protein CD20, is being evaluated for treatment of multiple sclerosis and neuromyelitis optica. Both diseases are restricted to the brain and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)...
- [Individualizing treatment of refractory and relapsed ITP in adults and its development of study]Yu Huang
Department of Geriatric Hematology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China Tumor Center of the First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun 130021, Jilin Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:1609-15. 2009..This article summarizes all the treatment for refractory ITP, and highlights new therapies, including the anti-CD20 antibody, thrombopoietic agents, TPO receptor agonist and HSCT...
- Splenectomy--a therapeutic option in splenic marginal zone cell lymphomaAna Maria Vladareanu
Department of Hematology, Emergency Universitary Hospital Bucharest, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest UMFCD, Romania
Rom J Intern Med 47:191-9. 2009..The laboratory tests confirmed leucocytosis with lymphocytosis--a clonal population of B lymphocytes CD20+ CD19+ CD23+/- CD79b+(low), CD43+ FMC7+ CD5+ CD38+ ZAP70+ cyclin D1-...
- Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the appendix vermiformisTatsuya Miyazaki
Department of Digestive Tract and General Surgery, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Saitama, Japan
Int Surg 95:27-32. 2010..The centrocyte-like cells were immunohistochemically positive for CD20 and CD79a, and were negative for BCL2, CD3, CD5, and CD10; this was compatible with primary mucosa-associated ..
- Sustained clinical response to rituximab in a case of life-threatening overlap subepidermal autoimmune blistering diseaseYaohan Li
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 64:773-8. 2011..Rituximab, a chimeric recombinant monoclonal antibody targeting CD20(+) B cells, has recently been suggested to be effective in the treatment of pemphigus with relatively few adverse ..
- B-cell depletion reveals a role for antibodies in the control of chronic HIV-1 infectionKuan Hsiang G Huang
Nuffield Department of Medicine and NIHR Biomedical Research Centre, Oxford Martin School, Peter Medawar Building for Pathogen Research, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3SY, UK
Nat Commun 1:102. 2010..taking antiretroviral drugs and was treated for pre-existing low-grade lymphoplasmacytoid lymphoma by depletion of CD20+ B cells using rituximab...
- Remitting-relapsing multiple sclerosis patient refractory to conventional treatments and bone marrow transplantation who responded to natalizumabAthanasia Mouzaki
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Patras, Greece
Int J Gen Med 3:313-20. 2010..Natalizumab treatment in patient A resulted in lymphocytosis and increased levels of CD20+/CD20+CD5+ B cells and T regulatory cells (Tregs)...
- Novel treatments for systemic lupus erythematosusMary Gayed
Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, Department of Rheumatology, City Hospital, Birmingham, B18 7QH, UK
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 11:1256-64. 2010..autoantibody formation in SLE include the use of mAbs that modulate and/or deplete B-cells (anti-CD22 and anti-CD20 antibodies, respectively), or that interfere with the stimulatory effects of the soluble factor B-lymphocyte ..
- Enterovirus 71 meningoencephalitis complicating rituximab therapyRebekah Ahmed
Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Neurol Sci 305:149-51. 2011We describe a fatal case of proven enterovirus 71 meningoencephalitis complicating monoclonal anti-CD20 antibody therapy for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Risk of infection in patients with lymphoma receiving rituximab: systematic review and meta-analysisSimone Lanini
National Institute for Infectious Diseases, INMI Lazzaro Spallanzani Via Portuense, 292 00149 Rome, Italy
BMC Med 9:36. 2011..been reported to improve the end of treatment outcome in patients affected by CD-20 positive malignant lymphomas (CD20+ ML)...
- Mechanism of Antibody Therapy in Human B Cell LymphomaWen Kai Weng; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recently, the successful use of non-toxic monoclonal anti-CD20 antibody, rituximab, to treat B cell lymphoma has produced a great deal of excitement and new hope...
- BRENDA MARIE SANDMAIER; Fiscal Year: 2016..CD20 negative NHL, such as T-cell NHL, do not benefit from targeted intensification of therapy directed at the CD20 antigen. Radiolabeled anti-CD45 MAbs have been highly effective as part of a conditioning regimen for HCT for relapsed ..
- Sherie L Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have recently succeeded in producing fusion proteins targeting the CD20 antigen expressed on the surface of B cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas...
- Targeted therapy of pancreatic cancer with in vivo radionuclide generatorEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2012..to treat refractory and recurrent lymphomas, with two radiolabeled monoclonal antibodies (mAb) targeted against CD20 (Zevalin(R) and Bexxar(R))...
- Rituximab Therapy in Refractory Adult and Juvenile IIMCHARLES ODDIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rituximab is a chimeric, murine-human, genetically engineered monoclonal antibody directed against the CD20 antigen found on the surface B-lymphocytes and is known to deplete B cells when administered intravenously...
- Rituximab Therapy in Refractory Adult and Juvenile IIMCHARLES ODDIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Rituximab is a chimeric, murine-human, genetically engineered monoclonal antibody directed against the CD20 antigen found on the surface B-lymphocytes and is known to deplete B cells when administered intravenously...
- John M Timmerman; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) such as rituximab have become a cornerstone in the therapy of B cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas (NHL), but are only partially effective, as most patients eventually ..
- Oliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2015..with B and T cell lymphomas (Aim 1), compare and contrast targeting of lymphoma cells with radiolabeled anti-CD20 and anti-CD45 RAb (Aim 2), compare the relative merits of 111ln-BC8 and 86Y-BC8 for conducting trace-labeled ..
- Edward A Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2016..after BBBD in newly diagnosed and recurrent PCNSL, and radioimmunotherapy with yttrium-90 labeled anti- CD20 mAb ibritumomab tiuxetan (Zevalin")...
- Oliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2016Preliminary clinical trials have demonstrated that radiolabeled anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies can achieve remissions in 65-90% of lymphoma patients failing chemotherapy...
- Identification of biomarkers of fatty acid intakeHannia Campos; Fiscal Year: 2002..T lymphocytes (CTL) which have been genetically modified to express a chimeric T cell receptor recognizing the CD20 antigen present on B cell lymphomas...
- Martin G Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2014..g., those expressing the B cell surface molecule CD20. Monoclonal antibodies and radioimmunoconjugates such as [131I]Tositumomab (Bexxar") and [90Y]ibritumomab iuxetan (..
- Combined radio- and immunotherapy of aggressive NHLWilliam A Wegener; Fiscal Year: 2013..NHL Phase I/II clinical trials with 90Y-epratuzumab (humanized anti-CD22 IgG) and veltuzumab (humanized anti-CD20 IgG) have established the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of a fractionated injection of 90Y-epratuzumab, and the ..
- Nanobiotechnology for the Treatment of Mantle Cell LymphomaTrudy Forte; Fiscal Year: 2009..lipid particles, termed nanodisks (ND), protein engineering methods will be employed to target ATRA-ND to the CD20 antigen present on the surface of B lymphocytes...
- Rituximab Elicitation of Tumor Specific T-cell Responses in Lymphoma PatientsSteven H Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Rituximab, a chimeric monoclonal antibody directed against CD20, has shown significant therapeutic activity in patients with follicular lymphoma (FL), yet it's exact mechanism of action has not ..
- Eric Meffre; Fiscal Year: 2016..as well as in humans by successful treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and other autoimmune diseases with anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies that eliminate B cells...
- Using the Allergic Immune System to Target CancerJoseph Mollick; Fiscal Year: 2009..Monoclonal antibodies to CD20 and two glycosylated forms of MUC1 will be humanized...
- Optimizing Therapeutic Index of mAb-IFN_alpha Molecule to Treat LymphomaSANJAY DEEP KHARE; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal specifically focuses to optimize anti-CD20-IFN[unreadable] fusion molecule to treat human B cell malignancies...
- Brian Till; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Optimization of adoptive immunotherapy with autologous CD20-specific T cells Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is diagnosed in more than 70,000 Americans each year, and aggressive B-cell lymphomas comprise ..
- CD20-targeted IL-15 immunotherapeutic for B-cell malignanciesHing C Wong; Fiscal Year: 2012..The majority of NHL cases are of B-cell origin and more than 90% express the leukocyte antigen CD20, making these cancers amenable to targeted therapeutic approaches...
- Stephen J Forman; Fiscal Year: 2015..In Project 3 investigators will test a molecularly engineered novel anti-CD20 IL-2 immunocytokine for the treatment of patients with 0020"^ lymphoma...
- Characterization and Development of a Coiled-Coil to Treat Non-Hodgkin LymphomaMichael Jacobsen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here, the assembly of coiled- coils was applied to crosslink CD20 receptors on B-cell surfaces, leading to specific induction of apoptosis in these cells...
- PHASE I STUDY OF ANTICD20/STREPTAVIDINHazel Breitz; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (applicant's abstract): The objective of this proposal is to test whether a genetically engineered anti-CD20/streptavidin fusion protein can be used for the initial pretargeting step in the treatment of non-Hodgkin' lymphoma ..
- David V Serreze; Fiscal Year: 2016..Results from a recent clinical trial indicated transient depletion of B-lymphocytes with the CD20 specific rituximab antibody did not provide for long-term attenuation of diabetogenic autoimmunity...
- B cells in CNS autoimmunityScott S Zamvil; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent clinical results suggest that anti-CD20 B cell depletion may be effective in MS treatment...
- miRNA HD Array PlatformBruce E Seligmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..biopsies from patients with diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL), who subsequently received chemotherapy plus anti-CD20 monoclonal Ritixan, will be tested...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REPRESSION AND ACTIVATION BY YY1Yang Shi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rituximab (chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody) is the first FDA approved antitumor antibody for the treatment of B-non-Hodgkin's ..
- CD20 DNA VACCINATION FOR B-CELL LYMPHOMAMaria Lia Palomba; Fiscal Year: 2010..Treatment with anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody, rituximab, is the most successful immune therapy of cancer ever accomplished, and demonstrates ..
- Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet at Indiana University Clinical CenterLinda DiMeglio; Fiscal Year: 2013..One such agent, the anti-CD20 drug rituximab (RituxanR, Genentech, South San Francisco and Biogen) originally developed for treatment of B-cell ..
- Molecular Signatures to Improve Diagnosis and Outcome PrWing Chan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Since existing prognosticators were derived from the study of archival cases prior to the availablility of anti-CD20 therapy, they will be re-evaluated in patients treated with current therapeutic regimens...
- Development of an interferon-alpha-veltuzumab conjugate for CD20-targeted therapyEDMUND ROSSI; Fiscal Year: 2009..The prototype MAb-IFNa, 20-2b, uses the humanized anti-CD20 MAb, veltuzumab, for targeted delivery of IFNa2b for therapy of B-cell lymphoma...
- Hyun Soon Chong; Fiscal Year: 2016..containing Y-90 (beta particle-emitting radionuclide), 1B4M-DTPA (bifunctional ligand), and Rituximab (anti-CD20 antibody) significantly enhanced the overall response rate in the treatment of non- Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) ..
- Development of an interferon-alpha-veltuzumab conjugate for CD20-targeted therapyEdmund A Rossi; Fiscal Year: 2011..Combination therapy of NHL using IFNa2 and the anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody (MAb) rituximab is more effective than either agent as a monotherapy...
- SYNERGISTIC CHEMO RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR B LYMPHOMASTimothy Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Preliminary data demonstrate marked synergism in vitro between Iodine-131-radiolabeled anti-CD20 antibody and nucleoside analogs; moderate synergism with topoisomerase inhibitors; and non synergism with cisplatin ..
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF LYMPHOMAMark Kaminski; Fiscal Year: 2000..We have now demonstrated that radioimmunotherapy (RIT) with 131-I-labeled anti-B1 (anti-CD20) results in major and durable tumor responses in virtually all patients (13 of 13, 10 complete remissions) with ..
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY STRATEGIES IN NONHODGKINS LYMPHOMASMELISSA CORCORAN; Fiscal Year: 1999..organ ratios of absorbed radiation in a mouse xenograft model utilizing streptavidin-biotin "pretargeted" anti-CD20 antibody and the applicants' current "one step" 131I-anti-CD20 antibody...
- ANTI-CD20 ANTIBODY THERAPY OF NHL-- MECHANISM OF ACTIONDavid Maloney; Fiscal Year: 2002..mediated effects by evaluating effect on (a) cell proliferation and apoptosis; (b) re-distribution of the CD20 antigen into a insoluble membrane fraction; (c) tyrosine phosphorylation through Src family kinases; (d) calcium ..
- MERVYN N WEITZMANN; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Specific Aim 1 we will investigate the impact of B cell depletion in mice in vivo using an anti-CD20 antibody that mimics the agent Rituximab, now used in humans to treat refractory Rheumatoid Arthritis and certain B ..
- Yale Autoimmunity Center of ExcellenceKevan C Herold; Fiscal Year: 2013..The second project is an analysis of autoreactive B cells in T1DM and in patients with T1DM treated with anti-CD20 mAb, in patients with pSS, and in patients with IBD...
- AUTOIMMUNITY CENTER OF EXCELLENCEDavid Wofsy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two concept proposals are presented. Protocol 1 is a phase Ib/lla trial of anti-CD20 plus cyclophosphamide (IVC) as induction therapy in patients with active lupus nephritis...
- FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF HTM4, A CD20/FCE RIB HOMOLOGUECHAKAR ADRA; Fiscal Year: 2002..hematopoietic cell-specific gene encoding a 4-transmembrane protein homologous to the B cell-specific antigen CD20, and the beta-subunit of the high affinity IgE Fc receptor, FcecRIB...
- Cornelia Bergmann; Fiscal Year: 2016..immune activation due to ectopic B cell follicle formation, as well as improvement in MS patients treated with anti-CD20 monoclonal Ab rituximab to reduce circulating B cells...
- Wei Ding; Fiscal Year: 2015..Bendamustine (an alkylating agent) and Rituximab (an antibody targeting CD20) combination therapies have emerged as one of the effective approaches used in the relapsed CLL;however, only ~15% ..
- GENE THERAPEUTIC APPROACH FOR TOLERANCE INDUCTIONDAVID WILLIAM SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test the hypothesis that anti-CD20 treatments leads to partial depletion of B cells, sparing the tolerogenic MZ cells...
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF PTLD IN TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTSOlivia M Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2012..have been utilized to treat patients with PTLD such as anti-viral drugs, B cell specific antibodies including anti-CD20 (Rituximab) and adoptive cellular immunotherapy. However, each of these approaches has distinct limitations...
- Optimized Adaptation of Simian-tropic R5 HIV Clade C to Pig-tailed MacaquesRUTH MARGRIT RUPRECHT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Select stHIV-C progeny with improved replication fitness in PMs under prolonged depletion of CD8+ and CD20+ cells~ 2...
- Jennifer Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2014..It is believed that immunosuppression with potent new classes of immunosuppressive agents, including the anti-CD20 molecule, rituximab, allows JC virus to replicate in patients which leads to the development of PML...
- Novel multivalent/multifunctional agents derived from a humanized anti-insulin-liThomas M Cardillo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Past experience with a hexavalent anti-CD20 agent (Hex-hA20) and an anti-CD20-IFN-a2b agent (20-2b) demonstrated superiority in comparison to either the ..
- TREATMENT OF ANTI-HLA ANTIBODIES TO PREVENT BOS AFTER LUNG TRANSPLANTATIONRoger D Yusen; Fiscal Year: 2011..will use a double blind randomized placebo controlled trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of IVIG and anti-CD20 antibody...
- Novel Cellular Therapies for Ph+ leukemiaRICHARD A contact VAN ETTEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..NK cells engineered to express activating receptors that recognize ligands on B-lymphoid leukemia cells (CD19 and CD20), and test their efficacy in an in vivo immunotherapy model against human Ph+ B-ALL in NOD/SCID/c mice...
- Human B1 Cell ImmunoglobulinThomas L Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..This gap has now been filled with our recent finding that human B1 cells co-express CD20, CD27 and CD43, and lack expression of CD70...
- Alessia Fornoni; Fiscal Year: 2015..FSGS) after transplantation is a highly prevalent condition where rituximab (a monoclonal antibody against CD20) may have a potential indication...
- Rituximab for Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes: Impact on JC Viral ProliferationMARK DAVID PESCOVITZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..The recently reported, TrialNet-sponsored study using the monoclonal antibody rituximab (anti-CD20) demonstrated that B cells also play a role in the pathogenesis...
- JAMES BRUCE BUSSEL; Fiscal Year: 2014..Anti-CD20 (Rituximab, ritux) leads to initial benefit in 50% of ITP patients but3 years after treatment, it appears that only ..
- Edward M Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The therapeutic efficacy of TNF antagonists and anti-CD20 B cell depletion therapy in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) have altered pathophysiologic paradigms and generated new questions about underlying ..
- Predictive Mathematical Models for Rational Design of Chemoimmunotherapy of LeukeCraig A Mullen; Fiscal Year: 2010..kinase inhibitor of the bcr-abl fusion protein);(b) pulsatile methotrexate (an antimetabolite);and (c) anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody...
- DANIEL J KASS; Fiscal Year: 2016..double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase II clinical trial to explore the efficacy and safety of rituximab (anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody) vs. placebo, among patients with IPF...
- NOVEL SEROTHERAPY STRATEGIES--PLASMA CELL MALIGNANCIESSTEVEN TREON; Fiscal Year: 2004..These efforts have focused on Muc-1 core protein, a tumor selective antigen found on most MM plasma cells, and CD20, a B- cell specific antigen found on the plasma cells of most WM patients (75-100 percent), and certain MM patients ..
- Novel Therapies to Improve Renal and Cardiac Allograft OutcomesAnil Chandraker; Fiscal Year: 2013..to conventional immunosuppression (tacrolimus, MMF and rapid steroid taper) versus induction therapy with anti-CD20 mAb (Rituxan) plus conventional immunosuppression...
- KENNETH LYNN WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2016..NK cells also kill through antibody- dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC). Rutuximab (anti-CD20) therapy induces NK cell mediated ADCC against some lymphomas including Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL)...
- Center of Cancer Nanotechnology Excellence Focused on Therapy ResponseSanjiv S Gambhir; Fiscal Year: 2010..biochemical pathways targeted will be the Her-kinase axis with prostate cancer as the initial focus, and CD20/c-myc with lymphoma as the second initial major focus...
- Mechanisms of tolerance in recipients of combined kidney and bone marrow transplaMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2010..acute humoral rejection episodes occurred in several patients, resulting in the addition of B cell-depleting anti-CD20 mAb to the regimen...
- Natarajan Muthusamy; Fiscal Year: 2016..The introduction of the CD20 antibody rituximab combined with chemotherapy (chemoimmunotherapy) was the first intervention that has been shown ..
- Ali Naji; Fiscal Year: 2016..of islet transplantation in Cynomolgus macaques utilizing an induction immunotherapy regimen, which included a CD20 specific B cell depleting agent...
- FAIM in Immunity and AutoimmunityTHOMAS ROTHSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The recent successful use of anti-CD20 to treat patients with autoimmune dyscrasias has re-focused attention on the role of B cells as therapeutic targets...
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, we hypothesize that augmenting CD20 antigen expression on malignant B cells with cytokines such as GM-CSF and enhancing anti-CD20 Ab mediated apoptosis ..
- Anti-CD20 CTL for Therapy of Mantle Cell LymphomaOliver Press; Fiscal Year: 2007..T lymphocytes that have been genetically modified to express a chimeric T cell receptor recognizing the CD20 antigen present on B cell lymphomas...
- Cytokine Dysregulation in GM-CSF AutoimmunityMary Jane Thomassen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Rituximab, a chimeric murine-human monoclonal antibody directed against the B cell-specific membrane antigen CD20, selectively depletes B cells...