Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD133
Description: prominin 1
Alias: AC133, CD133, CORD12, MCDR2, MSTP061, PROML1, RP41, STGD4, prominin-1, antigen AC133, hProminin, hematopoietic stem cell antigen, prominin-like protein 1
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- Alternative promoters regulate transcription of the gene that encodes stem cell surface protein AC133Sergey V Shmelkov
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Division of Hematology Oncology, 1300 York Ave, MED HEM ONC, C 606, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 103:2055-61. 2004b>AC133 is a member of a novel family of cell surface proteins with 5 transmembrane domains. The function of AC133 is unknown...
- Prominin-1/CD133, a neural and hematopoietic stem cell marker, is expressed in adult human differentiated cells and certain types of kidney cancerMareike Florek
Medical Clinic and Polyclinic I, University Carl Gustav Carus, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 319:15-26. 2005..This lack of detection of human prominin-1, as defined by its glycosylation-dependent AC133 epitope, is surprising given the expression of the murine ortholog in adult epithelia...
- Progenitor marker CD133 mRNA is elevated in peripheral blood of cancer patients with bone metastasesNiven Mehra
Department of Medical Oncology and Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 12:4859-66. 2006We examined whether RNA expression of CD133, a surface molecule expressed on progenitors from hematopoietic and endothelial lineages, and CD146, a pan-endothelial marker, are increased in the blood of cancer patients and whether these ..
- Is CD133 a marker of metastatic colon cancer stem cells?Mark A Labarge
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Clin Invest 118:2021-4. 2008..Over the last decade, a large body of literature has implicated the protein CD133 as a marker of organ-specific adult stem cells and in some cancers as a bona fide CSC marker...
- CD133/prominin-1 is a potential therapeutic target for antibody-drug conjugates in hepatocellular and gastric cancersL M Smith
Seattle Genetics Inc, 21823 30th Drive Southeast, Bothell, WA 98021, USA
Br J Cancer 99:100-9. 2008..A murine anti-human CD133 antibody (AC133) conjugated to a potent cytotoxic drug, monomethyl auristatin F (MMAF), effectively inhibited the growth of Hep3B ..
- CD133, a novel marker for human prostatic epithelial stem cellsGavin D Richardson
Prostate Research Group, Surgical Oncology, Medical School, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
J Cell Sci 117:3539-45. 2004..Human CD133 antigen, also known as AC133, was recently identified as a haematopoietic stem cell marker...
- Epigenetic regulation of CD133 and tumorigenicity of CD133+ ovarian cancer cellsT Baba
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Oncogene 28:209-18. 2009..As the cell surface marker CD133 identifies cancer-initiating cells in a number of other malignancies, we sought to determine the potential role of ..
- CD133 positive hepatocellular carcinoma cells possess high capacity for tumorigenicityShengyong Yin
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 120:1444-50. 2007..b>CD133 is a putative hematopoietic and neuronal stem-cell marker, which was also considered as a tumorigenic marker in ..
- Expression of CD133-1 and CD133-2 in ovarian cancerG Ferrandina
Gynecologic Oncology Unit, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:506-14. 2008..Stem cells isolated from nervous system and prostate express CD133 antigen, which is widely used to isolate hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells...
- CD133: a potential indicator for differentiation and prognosis of human cholangiocarcinomaLinni Fan
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Department of Pathology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
BMC Cancer 11:320. 2011b>CD133 is known to be a cancer stem cell (CSC) marker...
- Clinicopathological significance and prognostic value of EphA3 and CD133 expression in colorectal carcinomaHong Qing Xi
Department of Pathology, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing, China
J Clin Pathol 64:498-503. 2011To investigate clinicopathological significance and prognostic implications of EphA3, CD133 and Ki-67 expression in colorectal cancer.
- Abnormal DNA methylation of CD133 in colorectal and glioblastoma tumorsJoo Mi Yi
Cancer Biology Division, Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, USA
Cancer Res 68:8094-103. 2008..We report here an unusual promoter DNA methylation pattern for one such marker, the cell surface antigen CD133 (Prominin 1)...
- Aberrant expression of CD133 in non-small cell lung cancer and its relationship to vasculogenic mimicryShiwu Wu
Department of Pathology, the First Affiliated Hospital of Bengbu Medical College, Bengbu Medical College, Bengbu 233000, Anhui Province, China
BMC Cancer 12:535. 2012To investigate on expressions and clinical significances of CD133 protein and vasculogenic mimicry (VM) in primary non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Correlation of CD133, OCT4, and SOX2 in rectal cancer and their association with distant recurrence after chemoradiotherapySusumu Saigusa
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Division of Reparative Medicine, Institute of Life Sciences, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 16:3488-98. 2009..We investigated the role of three stem cell markers (CD133, OCT4, and SOX2) in rectal cancer and evaluated the association between these gene levels and clinical outcome in ..
- Human primary bone sarcomas contain CD133+ cancer stem cells displaying high tumorigenicity in vivoVirginia Tirino
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Histology and Embryology, 5 via L Armanni, Second University of Naples, 80138 Naples, Italy
FASEB J 25:2022-30. 2011..cytometric analyses for stemness and differentiation antigens, including CD29, CD34, CD44, CD90, CD117, and CD133, on 21 human primary sarcomas on the day of surgery...
- Clinicopathological significance and prognostic value of CD133 expression in triple-negative breast carcinomaPo Zhao
Department of Pathology, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing, China
Cancer Sci 102:1107-11. 2011Currently, CD133 is one of the best markers to characterize cancer stem cells and Her-1 is reported as an important marker for the prognosis of triple-negative breast cancer...
- Prognostic impact of CD133 mRNA expression in 48 glioblastoma patients treated with concomitant radiochemotherapy: a prospective patient cohort at a single institutionPhilippe Metellus
Service de Neurochirurgie, Hopital de la Timone, Marseille, France
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2937-45. 2011..The CD133 antigen has been described as a putative stem cell marker in malignant brain tumor that could identify such a ..
- Co-expression of stem cell genes CD133 and CD44 in colorectal cancers with early liver metastasisXiaodong Huang
Pharmacy College, Jilin University, Chuangchun, Jilin Province, China
Surg Oncol 21:103-7. 2012To investigate the expression status and clinical implications of stem cell genes CD133 and CD44 in the colorectal cancers with early liver metastasis.
- A novel five-transmembrane hematopoietic stem cell antigen: isolation, characterization, and molecular cloningS Miraglia
AmCell Corp, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
Blood 90:5013-21. 1997..We have recently described the production of AC133, a monoclonal antibody (MoAb) that binds to a novel cell surface antigen present on a CD34(bright) subset of human ..
- Sequential expression of putative stem cell markers in gastric carcinogenesisT Wang
Cancer Science Institute, National University Health System and Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Br J Cancer 105:658-65. 2011Gastric carcinogenesis has been well documented in the step-wise histopathological model, known as Correa pathway. Several biomarkers including CD44, Musashi-1 and CD133 have been reported as putative stem cell (PSC) markers.
- Activation of PI3K/Akt pathway by CD133-p85 interaction promotes tumorigenic capacity of glioma stem cellsYuanyan Wei
Key Laboratory of Glycoconjuates Research, Ministry of Public Health, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:6829-34. 2013The biological significance of a known normal and cancer stem cell marker CD133 remains elusive...
- Cancer stem cell marker CD133+ tumour cells and clinical outcome in rectal cancerQi Wang
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Beijing Cancer Hospital and Institute, Beijing, China
Histopathology 55:284-93. 2009The CD133 antigen has been identified as a putative stem cell marker in colorectal cancer tissues...
- CD133 expression predicts for non-response to chemotherapy in colorectal cancerChee W Ong
Department of Pathology, National University Health System and Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Mod Pathol 23:450-7. 2010..In this study, immunohistochemistry for three candidate cancer stem cell markers (CD133, Oct-4 and Sox-2) and for six other postulated prognostic markers (CK7, CK20, Cox-2, Ki-67, p27 and p53) were ..
- Stem cell marker prominin-1/AC133 is expressed in duct cells of the adult human pancreasJessy Lardon
Cell Differentiation Unit, Diabetes Research Center, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Pancreas 36:e1-6. 2008..Prominin-1, particularly its specific glycosylation-dependent AC133 epitope, is expressed on stem/progenitor cells of various human tissues and can be used to isolate them...
- Prognostic role of CD133 expression in colorectal cancer: a meta-analysisKe Wang
Cancer Institute Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Intervention, National Ministry of Education Provincial Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Medical Sciences, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, 310009, China
BMC Cancer 12:573. 2012b>CD133 has been identified as a putative cancer stem cell marker in colorectal cancer (CRC). However, the clinical and prognostic significance of CD133 in CRC remains controversial.
- AC133, a novel marker for human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsA H Yin
AmCell Corp, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
Blood 90:5002-12. 1997b>AC133 is one of a new panel of murine hybridoma lines producing monoclonal IgG antibodies (mAbs) to a novel stem cell glycoprotein antigen with a molecular weight of 120 kD...
- CD133 expression is an independent prognostic marker for low survival in colorectal cancerD Horst
Pathologisches Institut der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Thalkirchner Str 36, 80337 München, Germany
Br J Cancer 99:1285-9. 2008Colon cancer cells have previously been demonstrated to contain a subpopulation of CD133+ tumour cells that have the ability to initiate tumour growth and are thus referred to as colon cancer-initiating cells or colon cancer stem cells (..
- Autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa with early macular affectation caused by premature truncation in PROM1Jon Permanyer
Departament de Genetica, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:2656-63. 2010..To identify the genetic basis of a large consanguineous Spanish pedigree affected with autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa (arRP) with premature macular atrophy and myopia...
- Prognostic value of the stem cell markers CD133 and ABCG2 expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaD Hang
Laboratory of Genetic, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing Cancer Hospital and Institute, Beijing, China
Dis Esophagus 25:638-44. 2012..light of increasing evidence supporting cancer stem cells (CSCs) theory, the expression of two stem cell markers, CD133 and adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette superfamily G member 2 (ABCG2), in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (..
- Demethylation of the CD133 gene is frequently detected in early gastric carcinomaKenji Hibi
Department of Surgery, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, Aoba ku, Yokohama 227 8501, Japan
Anticancer Res 30:1201-3. 2010..reported that colorectal carcinoma is created and propagated by a small number of undifferentiated tumorigenic CD133(+) cells...
- SDF-1α secreted by human CD133-derived multipotent stromal cells promotes neural progenitor cell survival through CXCR7Benjamin Bakondi
Department of Medicine, Stem Cell Core, University of Vermont, Colchester, Vermont 05446, USA
Stem Cells Dev 20:1021-9. 2011We recently reported that concentrated conditioned medium (CdM) from human CD133-derived bone marrow progenitor cells (CD133 CdM) was neuroprotective after stroke...
- The mixed lineage leukemia (MLL) fusion-associated gene AF4 promotes CD133 transcriptionAnthony B Mak
Donnelley Centre and Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 72:1929-34. 2012The AC133 epitope has been used as a marker for both normal and cancer stem cells from multiple tissue lineages...
- Increased expression of CD133 and reduced dystroglycan expression are strong predictors of poor outcome in colon cancer patientsClaudio Coco
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 31:71. 2012Expression levels of CD133, a cancer stem cell marker, and of the α-subunit of the dystroglycan (α-DG) complex, have been previously reported to be altered in colorectal cancers.
- CD133 mRNA expression and microsatellite instability in colorectal carcinomaJung Wook Huh
Department of Surgery, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital and Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
J Surg Oncol 102:765-70. 2010The present study was performed to examine the CD133 expression in colorectal cancer and to analyze its relationship with microsatellite instability (MSI) and the clinicopathological factors, including patient survival.
- Immunohistochemical detection of CD133 is associated with tumor regression grade after chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancerKumiko Hongo
Department of Surgical Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
Med Oncol 29:2849-57. 2012b>CD133 has been identified as a putative cancer stem cell (CSC) marker in various cancers including colorectal cancer. The relation between CD133 expression and biological characteristics of colorectal cancer remains to be clarified...
- Highly tumorigenic lung cancer CD133+ cells display stem-like features and are spared by cisplatin treatmentGiulia Bertolini
Molecular Cytogenetics Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, 20133 Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16281-6. 2009..b>CD133, a surface glycoprotein linked to organ-specific stem cells, was described as a marker of cancer-initiating cells ..
- Upregulated CD133 expression in tumorigenesis of colon cancer cellsZhi Li Yang
Department of Surgery, Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200233, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:932-7. 2011To analyze the upregulated CD133 expression in tumorigenesis of primary colon cancer cells.
- Increased membrane shedding--indicated by an elevation of CD133-enriched membrane particles--into the CSF in partial epilepsyHagen B Huttner
Epilepsy Center, Department of Neurology, University of Erlangen, Schwabachanlage 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Epilepsy Res 99:101-6. 2012..in addition to soluble proteins also contains membrane particles that moreover carry the somatic stem cell marker CD133. The significance of CD133 as a potential marker of cellular proliferation, including neurogenesis, remains ..
- Expression profiling of CD133+ and CD133- epithelial cells from human prostateChristopher J Shepherd
Prostate Stem Cell Laboratory, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Prostate 68:1007-24. 2008Recent evidence suggests that prostate stem cells in benign and tumor tissue express the cell surface marker CD133, but these cells have not been well characterized...
- Influence of oxygen tension on CD133 phenotype in human glioma cell culturesNadine Platet
INSERM, U836, Universite Joseph Fourier, CHU, Grenoble, F 38043, France
Cancer Lett 258:286-90. 2007..We demonstrate, using low-passaged human tumor cell cultures established from glioma, that a reduction in the oxygen level in these cell cultures dramatically increases the percentage of CD133 expressing cells.
- A human colon cancer cell capable of initiating tumour growth in immunodeficient miceCatherine A O'Brien
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1L7, Canada
Nature 445:106-10. 2007..Purification experiments established that all CC-ICs were CD133+; the CD133- cells that comprised the majority of the tumour were unable to initiate tumour growth...
- Human CD133+ progenitor cells promote the healing of diabetic ischemic ulcers by paracrine stimulation of angiogenesis and activation of Wnt signalingLuciola S Barcelos
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol, United Kingdom
Circ Res 104:1095-102. 2009We evaluated the healing potential of human fetal aorta-derived CD133(+) progenitor cells and their conditioned medium (CD133(+) CCM) in a new model of ischemic diabetic ulcer...
- Activation of Akt and MAPK pathways enhances the tumorigenicity of CD133+ primary colon cancer cellsY K Wang
Cancer Institute, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Carcinogenesis 31:1376-80. 2010..However, the molecular mechanism of CSC involved in these events needs to be further elucidated. In this study, CD133(+) colon cancer cells were cultured, which showed CSC properties both in vitro and in vivo from metastatic tissue...
- Prognostic impact of the expression of putative cancer stem cell markers CD133, CD166, CD44s, EpCAM, and ALDH1 in colorectal cancerA Lugli
Institute of Pathology, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Br J Cancer 103:382-90. 2010The aim of this study was to elucidate the prognostic impact of putative cancer stem cell markers CD133, CD166, CD44s, EpCAM, and aldehyde dehydrogenase-1 (ALDH1) in colorectal cancer.
- The combination of stem cell markers CD133 and ABCG2 predicts relapse in stage I non-small cell lung carcinomasFeng Li
Respiratory Department, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Affiliated with School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, 3 East Qingchun Road, Hangzhou, 310016, China
Med Oncol 28:1458-62. 2011The aim of the study was to investigate the expression of two cancer stem cell markers CD133 and ATP-binding cassette superfamily G member 2 (ABCG2) in non-small cell lung carcinomas (NSCLC) and evaluate their prognostic values for ..
- Isolation and characterization of multipotent progenitor cells from the Bowman's capsule of adult human kidneysCostanza Sagrinati
Interdepartmental Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Nephrology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 6, 50139, Firenze, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2443-56. 2006..of parietal epithelial cells (PEC) in the Bowman's capsule exhibit coexpression of the stem cell markers CD24 and CD133 and of the stem cell-specific transcription factors Oct-4 and BmI-1, in the absence of lineage-specific markers...
- Epigenetic regulation of cancer stem cell marker CD133 by transforming growth factor-betaHanning You
Department of Pediatrics and Pharmacology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Penn State Children s Hospital, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Hepatology 51:1635-44. 2010Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the third leading cause of cancer mortality worldwide. CD133, a transmembrane glycoprotein, is an important cell surface marker for both stem cells and cancer stem cells in various tissues including ..
- The PROM1 mutation p.R373C causes an autosomal dominant bull's eye maculopathy associated with rod, rod-cone, and macular dystrophyMichel Michaelides
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4771-80. 2010..To characterize in detail the phenotype of five unrelated families with autosomal dominant bull's eye maculopathy (BEM) due to the R373C mutation in the PROM1 gene...
- CD133(+) single cell-derived progenies of colorectal cancer cell line SW480 with different invasive and metastatic potentialGuangqiu Li
Department of Pathology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Clin Exp Metastasis 27:517-27. 2010..b>CD133 (Prominin-1, Prom1) is the marker of human colorectal cancer (CRC) stem cells and probably a marker of metastatic ..
- Clinical significance of CD133 and hypoxia inducible factor-1α gene expression in rectal cancer after preoperative chemoradiotherapyS Saigusa
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Division of Reparative Medicine, Institute of Life Sciences, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 23:323-32. 2011..Therefore, we investigated the correlation between the expression of CD133 and hypoxia inducible factor-1α (HIF-1α), and their association with clinical outcome.
- CD133 is a marker of gland-forming cells in gastric tumors and Sox17 is involved in its regulationHiroshi Fukamachi
Department of Molecular Oncology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:1313-21. 2011b>CD133 is a universal marker of tissue stem/progenitor cells as well as cancer stem cells, but its physiological significance remains to be elucidated...
- CD133(+) liver tumor-initiating cells promote tumor angiogenesis, growth, and self-renewal through neurotensin/interleukin-8/CXCL1 signalingKwan Ho Tang
Department of Pathology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Hepatology 55:807-20. 2012..a TIC population derived from hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) that is characterized by membrane expression of CD133. Here, we describe a novel mechanism by which these cells mediate tumor growth and angiogenesis by systematic ..
- Expression of CD133 correlates with differentiation of human colon cancer cellsHai liang Feng
Department of Pathology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Cancer Biol Ther 9:216-23. 2010b>CD133 has been identified as a cancer stem cell marker in colon and several other cancers, but its function is still unknown...
- Prognostic impact of CD133 expression as a tumor-initiating cell marker in endometrial cancerMitsuhiro Nakamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 8641, Japan
Hum Pathol 41:1516-29. 2010..The present study dissected the roles of CD133 as a tumor-initiating cell marker in endometrial cancer and investigated the prognostic impact of this marker ..
- Identification of Endothelin-1 and NR4A2 as CD133-regulated genes in colon cancer cellsMaria Ausiliatrice Puglisi
Institute of Internal Medicine, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
J Pathol 225:305-14. 2011..b>CD133 antigen has been proposed as a CSC marker in colon cancer (CC)...
- CD133 and CD44 are universally overexpressed in GIST and do not represent cancer stem cell markersJunwei Chen
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:186-95. 2012..study was aimed to determine whether expression of commonly used stem cell markers in other malignancies, that is, CD133 and CD44, might identify cells with characteristics of cancer stem/progenitor cells in human GIST...
- Expressions of putative cancer stem cell markers ABCB1, ABCG2, and CD133 are correlated with the degree of differentiation of gastric cancerYang Jiang
Department of Pathology, Harbin Medical University, 157 Xuefu Road, Nangang District, Harbin 150081, Heilongjiang, People s Republic of China
Gastric Cancer 15:440-50. 2012..The present study was carried out to determine whether a quantitative relationship exists between the expressions of 3 cancer stem cell (CSC) markers and the degree of differentiation of gastric cancer...
- CD133 expression is a potential prognostic indicator in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaMitsuo Shimada
Department of Surgery, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima, Kuramoto 3 18 15, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:896-902. 2010b>CD133 is one of the most important cancer-initiating (stem) cell markers and was confirmed to be expressed in solid cancers such as colon cancer...
- Overexpression of CD133 promotes the phosphorylation of Erk in U87MG human glioblastoma cellsLin Dong
Department of Cell Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xueyuan Road, Haidian, Beijing100191, China
Neurosci Lett 484:210-4. 2010..b>CD133 has been identified as an important cell surface marker to enrich the stem-like population in various human tumors...
- Hypoxia induces CD133 expression in human lung cancer cells by up-regulation of OCT3/4 and SOX2Hajime Iida
Department of Biochemistry, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Oncol 40:71-9. 2012b>CD133 has been recognized as a specific cell surface marker for cancer stem cells in various tumors, although its biological functions and transcriptional regulation remain unclear...
- Protein cross-talk in CD133+ colon cancer cells indicates activation of the Wnt pathway and upregulation of SRp20 that is potentially involved in tumorigenicityClaudia Corbo
CEINGE, Biotecnologie Avanzate Scarl, Naples, Italy
Proteomics 12:2045-59. 2012..Putative CSCs were separated from non-CSCs by flow cytometry using CD133 as stemness marker...
- Nomenclature of prominin-1 (CD133) splice variants - an updateC A Fargeas
Tissue Engineering Laboratories, BIOTEC, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Tissue Antigens 69:602-6. 2007Prominin-1 (CD133), a pentaspan membrane glycoprotein that constitutes an important cell surface marker of various, either normal or cancerous, stem cell populations is widely used to isolate or characterize such cells in different ..
- In vivo investigation of CD133 as a putative marker of cancer stem cells in Hep-2 cell lineXu Dong Wei
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Fudan University, Affiliated Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Hospital, Shanghai, China
Head Neck 31:94-101. 2009..Our in vitro experiment shown as CD133, a 5-transmembrane glycoprotein expressed in Hep-2 cell line...
- CD133 expression is associated with poor outcome in neuroblastoma via chemoresistance mediated by the AKT pathwayHerve Sartelet
Department of Pathology and Cytogenetics, CHU Sainte Justine, Université de Montreal Research Center, CHU Sainte Justine, Montreal, QC, Canada
Histopathology 60:1144-55. 2012Neuroblastoma is a frequent childhood cancer with a heterogeneous prognosis. CD133 expression is an independent prognostic marker for a low survival rate in several cancers...
- Cells with characteristics of cancer stem/progenitor cells express the CD133 antigen in human endometrial tumorsSergio Rutella
Department of Hematology and Department of Gynecology, Catholic University Medical School, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:4299-311. 2009..The present study aimed to determine whether CD133 expression may identify cells with characteristics of cancer stem/progenitor cells in human endometrial tumors.
- The stem cell marker CD133 associates with enhanced colony formation and cell motility in colorectal cancerTarek M A Elsaba
Division of Pathology, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10714. 2010b>CD133 is a membrane molecule that has been, controversially, reported as a CSC marker in colorectal cancer (CRC). In this study, we sought to clarify the expression and role of CD133 in CRC...
- Expressions and clinical significances of CD133 protein and CD133 mRNA in primary lesion of gastric adenocacinomaJi wei Yu
Department of General Surgery, NO, 3 People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 201900, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:141. 2010To study on expressions and clinical significances of CD133 protein and CD133 mRNA in primary lesion of gastric adenocarcinoma (GC).
- AC133-2, a novel isoform of human AC133 stem cell antigenYing Yu
Surgical Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 277:20711-6. 2002Human AC133 antigen, also called CD133, was recently identified as a hematopoietic stem cell marker. However, the molecular structure and function of this protein has remained unclear...
- Biology and plasticity of CD133+ hematopoietic stem cellsRupert Handgretinger
Division of Stem Cell Transplantation, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 996:141-51. 2003b>AC133 (CD133) is a highly conserved antigen expressed on hematopoietic stem cells with unknown function...
- The first extracellular domain of the tumour stem cell marker CD133 contains an antigenic ganglioside-binding motifNadira Taïeb
CRN2M, CNRS UMR 6231, INRA USC 2027, Laboratoire des Interactions Moléculaires et Systèmes Membranaires, University of Aix Marseille 2 and Aix Marseille 3, Faculté des Sciences de St Jérôme, Marseille Cedex 20, France
Cancer Lett 278:164-73. 2009b>Prominin 1/CD133 is a marker of transplantable cancer stem cells. We have generated anti-peptide antibodies against a N-terminal epitope of CD133 belonging to a ganglioside-binding domain...
- Elevated circulating endothelial progenitor marker CD133 messenger RNA levels predict colon cancer recurrenceEdward H Lin
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 110:534-42. 2007b>CD133 is a specific surface marker for bone marrow-derived circulating endothelial progenitors, which are vital in postnatal physiologic and pathologic (eg, tumor) angiogenesis...
- Glial progenitor-like phenotype in low-grade glioma and enhanced CD133-expression and neuronal lineage differentiation potential in high-grade gliomaJohan Rebetz
The Rausing Laboratory, Division of Neurosurgery, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
PLoS ONE 3:e1936. 2008....
- Cell cycle-dependent variation of a CD133 epitope in human embryonic stem cell, colon cancer, and melanoma cell linesMarie Jaksch
Tumor Development Program, Cancer Research Center, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California 92035, USA
Cancer Res 68:7882-6. 2008..Reactivity with an antibody (AC133) to a glycoslyated form of CD133 has been widely used for the enrichment of cells with tumor-initiating activity ..
- CD133 is a marker of bioenergetic stress in human gliomaCorinne E Griguer
Department of Surgery, Division of Neurosurgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3655. 2008..Recently, many studies have focused on isolation of brain cancer stem cells using CD133 expression...
- Expression of AC133, a novel hematopoietic precursor antigen, on acute myeloid leukemia cellsP A Horn
Blood 93:1435-7. 1999
- A new locus for autosomal dominant stargardt-like disease maps to chromosome 4M Kniazeva
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Am J Hum Genet 64:1394-9. 1999..00, for marker D4S403. Analysis of extended haplotypes localized the disease gene to an approximately 12-cM interval between loci D4S1582 and D4S2397. Therefore, this kindred establishes a new dominant Stargardt-like locus, STGD4.
- A frameshift mutation in prominin (mouse)-like 1 causes human retinal degenerationM A Maw
Biochemistry Department, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
Hum Mol Genet 9:27-34. 2000..One such candidate is the gene encoding human prominin (mouse)-like 1 (PROML1, previously known as AC133 antigen) which belongs to the prominin family of 5-transmembrane domain proteins...
- Rat prominin, like its mouse and human orthologues, is a pentaspan membrane glycoproteinD Corbeil
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstrasse 108, Dresden, D 01307, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:939-44. 2001....
- An autosomal dominant bull's-eye macular dystrophy (MCDR2) that maps to the short arm of chromosome 4Michel Michaelides
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:1657-62. 2003..To describe the phenotype of an autosomal dominant macular dystrophy and identify the chromosomal locus...
- Comparative genomics on PROM1 gene encoding stem cell marker CD133Yuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Mol Med 19:967-70. 2007..PROM1 gene encodes CD133 protein, which is a cell surface marker of hematopoietic stem cells, prostatic epithelial stem cells, pancreatic ..
- [Association of CD133 and endothelin-converting enzyme expressions with prognosis of non-small cell lung carcinoma]Hui Zhong Zhang
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:696-9. 2007To investigate the expression of tumor stem cell marker CD133 and endothelin-converting enzymes (ECE) in non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) and their association with NSCLC lymphoid metastasis.
- Severe retinitis pigmentosa mapped to 4p15 and associated with a novel mutation in the PROM1 geneQingjiong Zhang
Ophthalmic Genetics and Visual Function Branch, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20982, USA
Hum Genet 122:293-9. 2007..The mutation was not detected in 192 chromosomes of unrelated control individuals of the same ethnicity and from the same region. This delineates the phenotypic characteristics of retinopathy caused by mutations in PROM1...
- The stem cell marker prominin-1/CD133 on membrane particles in human cerebrospinal fluid offers novel approaches for studying central nervous system diseaseHagen B Huttner
Tissue Engineering Laboratories, Biotechnology Center BIOTEC, Technische Universitat Dresden, Tatzberg 47 51, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Stem Cells 26:698-705. 2008..Here, we show that human CSF contains specific membrane particles that carry prominin-1/CD133, a neural stem cell marker implicated in brain tumors, notably glioblastoma...
- Stem cell marker CD133 affects clinical outcome in glioma patientsFelix Zeppernick
Division of Neurosurgical Research, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 14:123-9. 2008The CD133 antigen has been identified as a putative stem cell marker in normal and malignant brain tissues. In gliomas, it is used to enrich a subpopulation of highly tumorigenic cancer cells...
- CD133 expression and cancer stem cells predict prognosis in high-grade oligodendroglial tumorsDagmar Beier
Laboratory of Neurooncology, Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Medical School, Regensburg, Germany
Brain Pathol 18:370-7. 2008..Tumors with favorable prognosis neither contained CSC nor did they show CD133 expression...
- Expression and clinical significance of stem cell marker CD133 in human neuroblastomaQiang Song Tong
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
World J Pediatr 4:58-62. 2008Recent evidences indicate that CD133, a kind of transmembrane protein, can be used as a marker to isolate stem cells from tumors originating from neural crest...
- Direct orthotopic transplantation of fresh surgical specimen preserves CD133+ tumor cells in clinically relevant mouse models of medulloblastoma and gliomaQin Shu
Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology, Texas Children s Cancer Center, Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin St, MC 3 3320, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Stem Cells 26:1414-24. 2008..More importantly, the CD133(+) tumor cells, ranging from 0.2%-10...
- The stem cell marker CD133 (Prominin-1) is expressed in various human glandular epitheliaJana Karbanova
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove, Charles University in Prague, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
J Histochem Cytochem 56:977-93. 2008..of prominin-1 in adult human epithelia might be explained, at least in part, by the specificity of the widely used AC133 antibody, which recognizes an epitope that seems dependent on glycosylation...
- Mutant prominin 1 found in patients with macular degeneration disrupts photoreceptor disk morphogenesis in miceZhenglin Yang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Clin Invest 118:2908-16. 2008..Here we show that an R373C missense mutation in the prominin 1 gene (PROM1) causes 3 forms of autosomal-dominant macular degeneration...
- Promoter hypomethylation regulates CD133 expression in human gliomasKouichi Tabu
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Cell Res 18:1037-46. 2008Brain tumor-initiating cells (BTICs) have been enriched using antibodies against the cell surface protein CD133; however, the biological relevance and the regulatory mechanism of CD133 expression in human gliomas are not yet understood...
- Immunohistochemical detection of CD133 expression in colorectal cancer: a clinicopathological studyMotohiro Kojima
Pathology Division, Research Center for Innovative Oncology, 6 3 1 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8577, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:1578-83. 2008b>CD133 has been reported to be a cancer-initiating cell marker in colorectal carcinoma...
- The stem cell-associated antigen CD133 (Prominin-1) is a molecular therapeutic target for metastatic melanomaGermana Rappa
Mitchell Cancer Institute, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
Stem Cells 26:3008-17. 2008b>CD133 (Prominin-1) is considered the most important cancer stem cell (CSC)-associated marker identified so far, with increased expression in the CSC fraction of a large variety of human malignancies, including melanoma...
- The role of CD133 in normal human prostate stem cells and malignant cancer-initiating cellsDonald J Vander Griend
Chemical Therapeutics Program, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Brady Urological Institute, and Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 68:9703-11. 2008..When epithelial cell suspensions containing cells expressing the stem cell marker CD133+ are inoculated in vivo, regeneration of stratified human prostate glands requires inductive prostate stromal ..
- How powerful is CD133 as a cancer stem cell marker in brain tumors?Jin Xiang Cheng
Department of Neurosurgery, Xijing Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province 710032, PR China
Cancer Treat Rev 35:403-8. 2009..b>CD133, a stem cell marker, is now extensively used as a surface marker to identify and isolate brain tumor stem cells (..
- Higher percentage of CD133+ cells is associated with poor prognosis in colon carcinoma patients with stage IIIBChun Yan Li
Biotherapy Center, The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
J Transl Med 7:56. 2009..To evaluate the overpopulation hypothesis of cancer stem cells the association of percentage of CD133+ tumor cells with clinicopathological parameters in colon cancer was investigated since CD133 is a putative cancer ..
- CD133 antigen expression in ovarian cancerGabriella Ferrandina
Gynecologic Oncology Unit, Department of Oncology, Catholic University, Campobasso, Italy
BMC Cancer 9:221. 2009..In this context, CD133 antigen has proved to be a marker of tumor cells with stemness features in several human malignancies...
- The cancer stem cell marker CD133 has high prognostic impact but unknown functional relevance for the metastasis of human colon cancerDavid Horst
Pathologisches Institut der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Thalkirchner Strasse 36, 80337 München, Germany
J Pathol 219:427-34. 2009In colon cancer, CD133 has recently been used to enrich for a subset of tumour cells with tumour-initiating capabilities and was therefore suggested to mark colon cancer stem cells...
- Prognostic significance of the cancer stem cell markers CD133, CD44, and CD166 in colorectal cancerDavid Horst
Pathologisches Institut, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Germany
Cancer Invest 27:844-50. 2009b>CD133, CD44, and CD166 are cell surface markers that have recently been associated with colorectal cancer stem cells...
- CD133 is indicative for a resistance phenotype but does not represent a prognostic marker for survival of non-small cell lung cancer patientsAlexei V Salnikov
Translational Immunology Unit, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 126:950-8. 2010..CSCs found in many solid tumors express CD133 antigen on the cell surface...
- Cone-rod dystrophy and a frameshift mutation in the PROM1 geneEran Pras
Department of Ophthalmology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, 70300, Israel
Mol Vis 15:1709-16. 2009..To identify the genetic cause underlying autosomal recessive cone-rod dystrophy (CORD) and high myopia...
- Elevated CD133, but not VEGF or EGFR, as a predictive marker of distant recurrence after preoperative chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancerHiromi Yasuda
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Oncol Rep 22:709-17. 2009b>CD133 has been postulated to be a colon cancer stem cell (CSCs) marker. Recent investigations suggest that CSCs might contribute to cancer recurrence and resistance to conventional therapies...
- CpG island methylation in glioblastoma cancer stem cellsKRISTOPHER MOOREFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2007..A subpopulation of primary GBM cells (CD133+) is capable of initiating tumor formation in nude mice, and thus appear to contain cancer stem cells...
- Role of Olig Genes in Human GliomagenesisSantosh Kesari; Fiscal Year: 2011A small population of CD133 (a stem cell marker) positive "tumor stem cells" has been recently shown to embody the tumorigenic phenotype of human glioblastomas...
- RNA-based Immunotherapy Targeting Antigens Unique to Brain Tumor Stem CellsJohn H Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2012..These brain tumor stem cells (BTSC) can be segregated by the neural stem cell marker, CD133, and are widely believed to be the cells responsible for resistance to conventional therapies...
- Cellular Quiescence and Brain Tumor Stem CellsCho Lea Tso; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have established several tumorigenic CD133+ glioblastoma (GBM) stem cell lines, which are directly derived from patients'primary tumors that are ..
- Identifying mechanisms of liver stem cell proliferation and differentiationCARL BARTH ROUNTREE; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently identified a population of CD133+ murine oval cells that demonstrates bi-lineage (i.e...
- Xing Fan; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our recent data shows that Notch pathway inhibition by gamma-secretase inhibitors reduced CD133 expression and reduces glioblastoma neurosphere propagation both in vitro and in vivo...
- Characterization of CD44 in brain tumor stem cellsIchiro Nakano; Fiscal Year: 2010..on our preliminary data, CD44 is selectively expressed by stem cells within brain tumor cells, in comparison to CD133, the only marker currently adopted to enrich for BTSC...
- Inflammation and Cerebral Aneurysm Formation: Targets for Modulation and VascularBRIAN LIM HOH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Under the third aim, cell-specific populations of CD133+ endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs), hematopoietic stem cells, and mesenchymal stem cells will be seeded into ..
- Brain Tumor Stem Cell-targeted Gene TherapyJOHN OHLFEST; Fiscal Year: 2007..a novel BTSC-targeted plasmid delivery vector by conjugating polyethylenimine (PEI) transfection reagent with anti-CD133 antibody because BTSCs express the CD133 receptor but their daughter cells do not...
- MARIA BARTOLOMEO GRANT; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 3 will translate our mouse findings into hHPCs. We will express RPE65, in human CD133+, CD 34- , CD38- cells to differentiate these cells toward RPE cells and allow RPE regeneration in SCID mice ..
- p53, Rb and Ras Pathways in Neural Stem Cell Homeostasis and TransformationMonica Venere; Fiscal Year: 2009..These cells are exclusively CD133+ and have the capacity for self-renewal as well as the ability to phenotypically recapitulate the primary tumor ..
- Testing the Cancer Stem Cell Hypothesis: Role of CD133+ Cells as Tumor Stem CellsKyuson Yun; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The goal of this project is to provide insight into the role of CD133+ tumor stem cells in tumor growth and recurrence in human and mouse brain tumors...
- Elizabeth J Shpall; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the two clinical CB expansion trials conducted during the last RO1 funding period, CD133+ progenitors were isolated and cultured ex vivo in a liquid culture system targeting committed, or more primitive ..
- Hypoxia-Perfusion Bioreactor for Stem Cell ApplicationsTODD A MCADAMS; Fiscal Year: 2010..ability to expand hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) without the requirement for previous selection (CD34+ or AC133+) for primitive stem cell populations...
- Khalid A Shah; Fiscal Year: 2014..and study the effect of EGFR-NB on EGFR signaling and cell proliferation in a panel of primary glioma cells and CD133+ primary brain tumor cells in an ongoing collaboration with Settleman lab (MGH, Boston)...
- Jingfang Ju; Fiscal Year: 2014..We further revealed that the expression of miR-140 was elevated in a small population of CD133+HICD44+HI colon cancer stem-like cells...
- Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Brain Arteriovenous MalformationsYongmei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..EPCs will be identified using the stem cell marker CD133 and the endothelial cell marker KDR...
- Khalid A Shah; Fiscal Year: 2016..the proposed studies, we will first create and characterize different GBM resection models using patient derived CD133+ GBMs based on 3 different phenotypes (invasive, semi-invasive and nodular)...
- Repair of Bone Defects with Human Autologous Pluripotent Very Small Embryonic likRussell S Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Adult human VSELs, are SSEA-4+/Oct-4+/CD133+/CXCR4+/Lin-/CD45-, express pluripotency markers (Oct-4 and Nanog) and are capable of differentiation into cells ..
- Keith A Webster; Fiscal Year: 2014..We propose to profile miR expression in different CD34+ and CD133+ cell populations from CAD patients with and without type 2 diabetes and investigate the role of serum factors in ..
- Nanog-positive cancer stem cells in and liver oncogenesis by alcohol and HCVKeigo Machida; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nanog immunostaining is co-localized with the cancer stem cell marker CD133 and CD49f in liver tumors of these mice...
- Target migratory nature of glioblastoma stem cellsCho Lea Tso; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, the novel discovery of slow-cycling, radioresistant CD133+ GBM stem-like cells possessing the enhanced ability to repopulate tumors provides a new model to explain our ..
- Regulation of Glioma Cell Migration by RasGRP3Chaya Brodie; Fiscal Year: 2010..and Arp3 in glioma cell migration in vivo using xenografts derived from U87 cells overexpressing RasGRP3 and CD133+ glioma stem cells in which RasGRP3 is silenced...
- Suniti Misra; Fiscal Year: 2014..2) CD44v6 is a specific cancer stem cell marker than total CD44, and can be used in conjunction with CD166 or CD133 to isolate cancer stem cells...
- Gerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2015..The third aim is to determine if aATC decreases the frequency of putative CD44hi/CD24lo, CD133+, ALDH1 positive breast cancer stem cells (CSC) in the tumor tissue at the time of surgery compared to that found ..
- Ningjun Li; Fiscal Year: 2014..we found that the level of an important stem cell niche factor, fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2), the number of CD133 positive stem cells and their responses to high salt intake were significantly decreased in the renal medulla in ..
- Daniel J Brat; Fiscal Year: 2015..They have thus far been identified by the expression of specific markers, such as CD133, Sox2 and nestin, yet molecular mechanisms responsible for stem-like behavior have not been clearly defined, nor ..
- Interfollicular epidermal stem cells in human and mouse skinDENISE LEA GAY; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have discovered unique cells within human and mouse postnatal skin which co-express the stem cell marker CD133 and basal marker alpha6 integrin...
- Gabriele Bergers; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We recently discovered a p75NTR+/CD133+ population of multipotent mesenchymal stem-cell-like cells (MPMSC) in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors that exhibit high self-renewal capacity and ..
- Inflammation and Lung CarcinogenesisDavid M Jablons; Fiscal Year: 2012..cells associated with human and mouse lung carcinogenesis and determine how these correlate with presence of CD133+ cells and activation of Wnt and Shh signaling cascades, 2) define functional significance of recruited immune ..
- Sharmila Shankar; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have recently demonstrated that human CD133+CD44+CD24+ESA+ CSCs express Nanog, Notch-1 and Oct-4 and are highly tumorigenic in mice...
- Diverse roles of Notch signaling in glioblastomaDimitris G Placantonakis; Fiscal Year: 2013..that, under in vitro conditions that favor GSC self-renewal, Notch is activated in cells that do not express CD133, a well-established cell surface marker of GSCs...
- Autophagy in Brain TumorJin Ming Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..in integrated studies with the human glioma cell lines and primary tumor-base, clinically relevant (invasive and CD133+) orthotopic glioma xenograft models developed by our collaborators at Baylor College of Medicine (Aim 3)...
- Sheng He Huang; Fiscal Year: 2014..marker)/CD146+(EC marker)/S100B+ (brain marker)] as well as endothelial progenitor cells (EPC)[UEA+/CD146+/CD133+(progenitor cell marker)]...
- Engineered HSV For Treatment of Malignant GliomaRichard J Whitley; Fiscal Year: 2013..activated MEK (caMEK), IL12 and are re-targeted to unique cell surface receptors (IL13Ralpha2, uPAR, Grp78 or CD133) expressed specifically and at high abundance on glioma cells in situ;a wild-type HSV that is entirely re-targeted ..
- Microenvironmental regulation of glioblastoma radiosensitivityPHILIP TOFILON; Fiscal Year: 2011..Towards this end, the proposed studies will focus on intracerebral xenografts grown from CD133+ GB tumor initiating cells (TICs)...
- Xiao Fan Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..have examined changes in the expression profiles of microRNAs associated with responses to hypoxic conditions by CD133+ glioma stem/tumor initiating cells (GSCs)...
- Mei Yu Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2014..In the current project, we focus on defining the microenvironmental "niche", of CD133+/ABCB5+ MICs as a gateway to elucidate the complex cellular and molecular interplay that maintains the metabolic ..
- Charles S Cobbs; Fiscal Year: 2014..Nature, 2008). Our recent preliminary data indicate HCMV infection preferentially occurs in the CD133+ stem-like pool of GBM cells in vivo, and induces genes that sustain the cancer stem cell phenotype...
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic CharacterizationSusan Kay Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2012..We previously reported that CD133+ cells exhibit characteristics of cancer initiating cells (CICs) including the ability to undergo asymmetric ..
- Mark D Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2014..small molecule inhibition of this pathway using a Cdc2 kinase inhibitor decreases the migration and invasion of CD133+ glioma-derived stem-like cells in vitro and in the mouse brain...
- Targeting the Hedgehog pathway in glioma tumor-initiating cellsMICHAEL KANE COOPER; Fiscal Year: 2013..types, one that uniquely confers resistance to radiation and chemotherapy has been identified by the expression of CD133 (Bao et al., 2006a;Liu et al., 2006)...
- Monica T Hinds; Fiscal Year: 2014..valve leaflet surface by conjugating oriented capture antibodies directed at cell surface markers (KDR, CD34, and CD133) to specifically capture EPCs. Capture will be evaluated both in vitro and ex vivo...
- Local Warming: Effects on Wound Infection and HealingJoAnne Whitney; Fiscal Year: 2007..Percent of endothelial progenitor cells (EPC) CD133 positive, CD34 and VEGFR-2 co-expressing) 2. Percent of endothelial cells (CD31 positive) 3...
- Vascular Heterogeneity Determination by Marrow Progenit*Shahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have shown that VEGF family of angiogenic factors promote recruitment of CD133+VEGFR2+ endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) from BM to the angiogenic neo-vessels...
- The role of complement activation in glioma proliferationMichael Sughrue; Fiscal Year: 2009..but not C5aR is expressed by glioma cell lines and primary cultures, 3) in primary GBM samples, cells expressing CD133+ (one of many markers for a brain tumor stem cell) co-express C3aR, and 4) in vitro depletion of complement from ..
- Virotherapy for Neuroblastoma Stem CellsTIMOTHY CRIPE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Cells express the neural stem cell marker CD133, exhibit a calcium channel-dependent side population, form spheres in serum-free media (that exhibit properties ..
- Symposium on Emerging Cardiac Cellular TherapiesEdward Snyder; Fiscal Year: 2005..e., CD34+ or CD133 cells); myoblasts; autologous cardiac stem cells; adipose tissue stem cells; mesenchymal stem cells...
- Regulation of tumor angiogenesis by Id+ marrow precursorDavid Lyden; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have identified circulating CEPs, AC133 (+) VEGFR2 (+), capable of being recruited from BM to tumor vasculature bed, accelerating angiogenesis...
- PRECLINICAL EVALUATION OF INTERMEDIATE ENDPOINTSMing You; Fiscal Year: 2000..used to measure the levels of expression of several genes such as VEGF, VEGFR, Tie 2, E-Selectin, Collagen IV, and AC133 etc, which are known to be upregulated during angiogenesis and play an essential role during various phases of ..
- Marrow-Derived Stem Cells for Coronary Artery IschemiaMary Laughlin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The key hypothesis underlying this work is that early AC133+ hemangioblasts, rather than mature endothelial cells, are the critical cells that home to sites of vascular ..
- UCB Derived Vascular Endothelial Precursor CellsVINCENT POMPILI; Fiscal Year: 2004..in vitro cellular and gene array analyses in order to gain further understanding of EPC development from early AC133+ stem cells, as well as gene regulation of EPC differentiation...
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF HIV BASED THROMBOCYTOPENMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2002..In toto, the studies proposed in this grant will increase the knowledge about pathogenesis of AIDS associated thrombocytopenia and may lead to development of new strategies for its treatment of prevention. (End of Abstract) ..
- The CXCR4-SDF-1 Axis in Metastatic RhabdomyosarcomaMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will be of relevance for designing strategies to block the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis to treat CXCR4-positive cancers. ..
- Cellular MRI in Glioma and Radiation NecrosisAli Syed Arbab; Fiscal Year: 2010..Early detection of recurrent or metastatic glioma as well as early differentiation of glioma from radiation necrosis will help clinician to tackle the devastating neurological disease. ..
- Differentiation of Glioma from Radiation Injury Using Cellular MRISyed Ali; Fiscal Year: 2008..This magnetic labeling technique will also help investigators to track the injected CTL in the body as well as in the targeted areas by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of Androgen Independent Prostate CancerSusan Kasper; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ETHANOL MEDIATED OSTEOPOROSIS AND INTERLEUKIN 6Evan Keller; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- 5TH INTERNATIONAL PODOCYTE CONFERENCEStuart Shankland; Fiscal Year: 2004..3. To facilitate cross-talk between clinicians and scientists with the ultimate goal of improving prognosis, treatment and care of patients with glomerular disease. ..
- Phenotypic Plasticity in Human NeuroblastomaRobert Ross; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- A Mouse model of TGFbeta1 and ras oncogene interactionsAdam B Glick; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Novel Autotransplant Protocol for CMLMarcos de Lima; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- GENE SPECIFIC MUTATIONS IN SKIN INDUCED BY PEROXYNITRITEFredika Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The hypothesis driving this research is that NO and peroxynitrite are mutagenic, and could be important contributors to oxidative DNA damage and mutation in human epidermal keratinocytes at sites of inflammation. ..
- VEGF and bone remodeling in skeletal metastasesEvan Keller; Fiscal Year: 2005..In this aim, we will test which VEGF isoform contributes to CaP cells' osteoblastic activity. We will also evaluate if VEGF induces this activity through MAPK. ..
- Immuno Biosensor for Real-Time Factor V Leiden DiagnosisKYUNG KANG; Fiscal Year: 2005..Protocols developed for the Protein C biosensor will be used to detect FVN and FVL on two individual fiber optic sensors and a prototype of dual sensor will be developed. ..
- CARDIAC VALVE CALCIFICATIONEmile Mohler; Fiscal Year: 2003..2. To investigate mechanisms of valve calcification using a cell culture model of calcification. 3. To examine therapeutic strategies to inhibit valve calcification with a bisphosphonate in cell culture. ..
- MECHANISMS OF PODOCYTE INJURYStuart Shankland; Fiscal Year: 2005..Taken together, the overall goal is to show novel mechanisms underlying podo injury, so that ultimately, specific therapeutic strategies can be developed to reduce podo injury in the development of glomerular sclerosis. ..
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF MYOTONIC DYSTROPHYSATYAKAM BHAGWATI; Fiscal Year: 2002..This approach is designed to explore the function of these CTG/CUG repeat binding proteins and their possible role in the pathogenesis of DM. ..
- MYOCARDIAL PLASTICITY OF HUMAN FAT-DERIVED STEM CELLSAdam Katz; Fiscal Year: 2004..This specific aim will determine whether intramyocardial injection of hADCs can reduce LV remodeling and improve cardiac function in a murine model of chronic myocardial infarction. ..
- Developmental Biology of the Normal Mouse ProstateSusan Kasper; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim III. To determine the function of these proteins in prostate tumorigenesis using the transgenic mouse model. ..
- 6th International Podocyte ConferenceStuart Shankland; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, this is an exciting era in podocytes biology given the large body of literature that has been published in the past 2-5 years. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHOC Human Embryonic Stem Cell Culture Training CoursePhilip Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..The courses are held annually in the Spring at the National Human Neural Stem Cell Resource of the Neuroscience Laboratories at the Children's Hospital of Orange County Research Institute. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..