Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD13
Description: alanyl aminopeptidase, membrane
Alias: APN, CD13, GP150, LAP1, P150, PEPN, aminopeptidase N, AP-M, AP-N, alanyl (membrane) aminopeptidase, aminopeptidase M, hAPN, membrane alanyl aminopeptidase, microsomal aminopeptidase, myeloid plasma membrane glycoprotein CD13
Publications588 found, 100 shown here
- Aminopeptidase N is a receptor for tumor-homing peptides and a target for inhibiting angiogenesisR Pasqualini
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Cancer Res 60:722-7. 2000..We show here that the receptor for the NGR peptides in tumor vasculature is aminopeptidase N (APN; also called CD13)...
- CD13/APN transcription is induced by RAS/MAPK-mediated phosphorylation of Ets-2 in activated endothelial cellsNenad Petrovic
Department of Physiology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49358-68. 2003CD13/aminopeptidase N (CD13/APN) is a potent regulator of angiogenesis both in vitro and in vivo and transcription of CD13/APN in endothelial cells is induced by angiogenic growth factors via the RAS/MAPK pathway...
- Aminopeptidase N (CD13) functionally interacts with FcgammaRs in human monocytesPaola Mina-Osorio
Department of Immunology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
J Leukoc Biol 77:1008-17. 2005b>Aminopeptidase N (E.C. 18.104.22.168) is a membrane-bound metalloproteinase expressed in many tissues...
- CD13 (aminopeptidase N) can associate with tumor-associated antigen L6 and enhance the motility of human lung cancer cellsYu Wen Chang
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Cancer 116:243-52. 2005..We now report that CD13 (aminopeptidase N) can associate with TAL6 and can enhance cancer cell migration...
- Clinical significance of aminopeptidase N in non-small cell lung cancerTakahiro Tokuhara
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Kitano Hospital, Tazuke Kofukai Medical Research Institute, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 12:3971-8. 2006..A monoclonal antibody MH8-11, which we established, recognizes a glycoprotein that is identical to aminopeptidase N (APN/CD13)...
- The reversion-inducing cysteine-rich protein with Kazal motifs (RECK) interacts with membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase and CD13/aminopeptidase N and modulates their endocytic pathwaysTakao Miki
Department of Molecular Oncology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:12341-52. 2007..Subsequently, we found that RECK interacts with CD13/aminopeptidase N. Further, we found that RECK inhibits the proteolytic activity of CD13 in a cholesterol perturbation-..
- CD13/APN regulates endothelial invasion and filopodia formationNenad Petrovic
Department of Cell Biology, Center for Vascular Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 3501, USA
Blood 110:142-50. 2007CD13/aminopeptidase N is a transmembrane peptidase that is induced in the vasculature of solid tumors and is a potent angiogenic regulator...
- Aminopeptidase N/CD13 induces angiogenesis through interaction with a pro-angiogenic protein, galectin-3Eunju Yang
Chemical Genomics Laboratory, Department of Biotechnology, College of Engineering, Yonsei University, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 749, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 363:336-41. 2007b>Aminopeptidase N/CD13 is an endothelial cell surface ectoenzyme involved in one of the initial steps of angiogenesis. However, little is known how APN induces angiogenesis in endothelial cells...
- The X-ray crystal structure of human aminopeptidase N reveals a novel dimer and the basis for peptide processingAlan H M Wong
Department of Biochemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 287:36804-13. 2012Human aminopeptidase N (hAPN/hCD13) is a dimeric membrane protein and a member of the M1 family of zinc metallopeptidases...
- Enhancement of sensitivity by bestatin of acute promyelocytic leukemia NB4 cells to all-trans retinoic acidTakeo Hirano
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, Yokohama, Japan
Leuk Res 26:1097-103. 2002..We found that bestatin, an inhibitor of CD13/aminopeptidase N, enhanced the sensitivity of APL NB4 cells to ATRA at concentrations of 0.1-1000ng/ml...
- Synergistic action of DPIV and APN in the regulation of T cell functionUwe Lendeckel
Institute of Experimental Internal Medicine, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 524:123-31. 2003..have been observed in response to inhibition of DPIV, which is strongly suggestive of a functional synergism of APN and DPIV...
- CD13/Aminopeptidase N overexpression by basic fibroblast growth factor mediates enhanced invasiveness of 1F6 human melanoma cellsD Fontijn
Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 94:1627-36. 2006CD13/Aminopeptidase N (CD13) is known to play an important role in tumour cell invasion. We examined whether basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) is involved in the regulation of CD13 expression in human melanoma cells...
- Inhibition of APN/CD13 leads to suppressed progressive potential in ovarian carcinoma cellsMikio Terauchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University, Graduate School of Medicine, Tsuruma cho 65, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
BMC Cancer 7:140. 2007b>Aminopeptidase N (APN/CD13), a 150-kDa metalloprotease, is a multifunctional cell surface aminopeptidase with ubiquitous expression...
- Reduced activity of CD13/aminopeptidase N (APN) in aggressive meningiomas is associated with increased levels of SPARCChristian Mawrin
Department of Neuropathology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Brain Pathol 20:200-10. 2010..In this study, we examined the expression and function of the membrane alanyl-aminopeptidase [mAAP, aminopeptidase N (APN), CD13, EC3.4.11...
- Promoter methylation of aminopeptidase N/CD13 in malignant melanomaJens Wulfänger
Institute of Medical Immunology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, 06112 Halle, Saale, Germany
Carcinogenesis 33:781-90. 2012b>Aminopeptidase N (APN)/CD13 as ubiquitously expressed membrane peptidase exerts important functions in diverse cellular processes, such as proliferation, migration and differentiation...
- The angiogenic regulator CD13/APN is a transcriptional target of Ras signaling pathways in endothelial morphogenesisShripad V Bhagwat
Departments of Pathology, and Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
Blood 101:1818-26. 2003..The CD13/aminopeptidase N (CD13/APN) metalloprotease is an important regulator of angiogenesis where its expression on activated blood ..
- Separate promoters control transcription of the human aminopeptidase N gene in myeloid and intestinal epithelial cellsL H Shapiro
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee
J Biol Chem 266:11999-2007. 1991b>Aminopeptidase N is a membrane-bound metalloprotease expressed on the surface of normal and malignant human myeloid cells, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, and the epithelial cells that form brush borders of the small intestine and kidney...
- Activities of aminopeptidases in a rat saline model of volume hypertensionI Prieto
Unit of Physiology, University of Jaen, Spain
Horm Metab Res 30:246-8. 1998..saline model of arterial hypertension, aminopeptidase A activity (glutamyl- and aspartyl-aminopeptidase), aminopeptidase M activity (alanyl-aminopeptidase), aminopeptidase B activity (arginyl-aminopeptidase), pyroglutamyl-..
- Effects of low molecular weight peptides and divalent cations on degradation and binding of angiotensin IIS Nomura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 22:444-8. 1990..inhibitors for aminopeptidases A and M, and since Ca2+ and Co2+ are the activators for aminopeptidase A and aminopeptidase M, respectively, it is conceivable that the enzymes regulate the levels of A-II and, therefore, that they may ..
- Extracellular cysteines define ectopeptidase (APN, CD13) expression and functionBeate Firla
Institute of Immunology, Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 32:584-95. 2002Alanyl aminopeptidase (APN) is a surface-bound metallopeptidase that processes the N-terminals of biologically active peptides such as enkephalins, angiotensins, neurokinins, and cytokines...
- Triggering endogenous immunosuppressive mechanisms by combined targeting of Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPIV/CD26) and Aminopeptidase N (APN/ CD13)--a novel approach for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseaseUte Bank
IMTM GmbH, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 6:1925-34. 2006The ectopeptidases Dipeptidylpeptidase IV and Alanyl-Aminopeptidase N, strongly expressed by both, activated and regulatory T cells were shown to co-operate in T cell regulation...
- Induction by cortisol of aminopeptidases production from the human placenta in tissue cultureY Yasuda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 24:110-4. 1992Human placental aminopeptidase M and A and post-proline endopeptidase are known to act as degrading enzymes of bioactive peptides such as angiotensin II, oxytocin and endogenous opioids...
- Adaptation of intestinal enzymes to seasonal and dietary changes in a hibernator: the European hamster (Cricetus cricetus)M Galluser
, INSERM U61, Strasbourg, France
J Comp Physiol B 158:143-9. 1988..carbohydrates) exhibited a rise in disaccharidase activities (sucrase, isomaltase, lactase) but no changes in aminopeptidase N activity...
- Localization and orientation of subunit delta of spinach chloroplast ATP-synthase within the CF0 CF1 complex. 2. Identification of C-terminal residues of delta, exposed on the thylakoid membraneR J Berzborn
, , , Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 44:480-6. 1989..e. within the CF0 CF1 complex on the membrane, is not susceptible to digestion by aminopeptidase M and trypsin, but is shortened by about 1 kDa by carboxypeptidase Y and digested at residues Glu173 and Glu179 ..
- Feline aminopeptidase N serves as a receptor for feline, canine, porcine, and human coronaviruses in serogroup ID B Tresnan
Department of Microbiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
J Virol 70:8669-74. 1996..I, human respiratory coronavirus HCV-229E and porcine transmissible gastroenteritis virus (TGEV), use aminopeptidase N (APN) as their cellular receptors...
- [Expression of differentiation antigens on bone marrow myeloid cells of the patients with myelodysplastic syndromes and its clinical significances]Li Juan Li
Department of Hematology and Oncology, General Hospital, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300052, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 90:672-7. 2010..To detect the abnormal differentiation of bone marrow myeloid cells in myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and its correlation with the prognosis of MDS patients...
- Liquid chromatographic study of the enzymatic degradation of endomorphins, with identification by electrospray ionization mass spectrometryA Peter
Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Attila Jozsef University, Szeged, Hungary
J Chromatogr A 846:39-48. 1999..3), were synthetized, and the levels of their resistance against carboxypeptidase A, carboxypeptidase Y, aminopeptidase M and proteinase A were determined...
- [Protective effects of adiponectin on myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats]Jun Wang
Department of Cardiology, Yijishan Hospital, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu 241000, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 38:252-8. 2010..To investigate the protective effects of adiponectin on myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury and the potential mechanisms in rats...
- Characterization of Caenorhabditis elegans exonuclease-3 and evidence that a Mg2+-dependent variant exhibits a distinct mode of action on damaged DNAAndrea Shatilla
University of Montreal, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Guy Bernier Research Centre, 5415 de l Assomption, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H1T 2M4
Biochemistry 44:12835-48. 2005The Caenorhabditis elegans genes, exo-3 and apn-1, encode the proteins EXO-3 and APN-1, belonging to the exo III and endo IV families of apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) endonucleases/3'-diesterases, respectively...
- Molecular analysis of the coronavirus-receptor function of aminopeptidase NA F Kolb
Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of Wurzburg, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 440:61-7. 1998b>Aminopeptidase N (APN) is a major cell surface for coronaviruses of the serogroup I...
- Role of alkaline phosphatase from Manduca sexta in the mechanism of action of Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ab toxinIvan Arenas
Departamento de Microbiologia Molecular, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos 62250, Mexico
J Biol Chem 285:12497-503. 2010..Two Manduca sexta glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins, aminopeptidase (APN) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP), have been shown to bind Cry1Ab, although their role in toxicity remains to be ..
- Expression of CD13/aminopeptidase N and CD10/neutral endopeptidase on cultured human keratinocytesJelka Gabrilovac
Ruder Boskovic Institute, Division of Molecular Medicine, Bijenicka c 54, HR 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Immunol Lett 91:39-47. 2004..In this study, we examined expression of two membrane-bound peptidases: aminopeptidase N (APN; EC 22.214.171.124; CD13) and neutral endopeptidase (NEP; EC 3.4.24...
- Minimally differentiated acute myeloid leukemia: a morphologic, cytochemical and ultrastructural studyS S Alurkar
Department of Medical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Bombay, India
Tumori 78:185-9. 1992..Further investigations revealed CD13 and CD33 positivity in 4 of 6 patients...
- Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ca-resistant Spodoptera exigua lacks expression of one of four Aminopeptidase N genesSalvador Herrero
Business Unit Bioscience, Plant Research International B V, Wageningen University and Research Center, The Netherlands
BMC Genomics 6:96. 2005..Aminopeptidases N (APNs) from several insect species have been shown to be putative receptors for these toxins. Here we report the cloning and expression analysis of four APN cDNAs from Spodoptera exigua.
- A novel aminopeptidase in the fat body of the moth Achaea janata as a receptor for Bacillus thuringiensis Cry toxins and its comparison with midgut aminopeptidaseMadhusudhan Budatha
School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500046, India
Biochem J 405:287-97. 2007..crystal proteins bind to cell-surface receptors which represent a family of aminopeptidases [APN (aminopeptidase N)] present on the brush border membrane of insect midgut cells of susceptible insects leading to pore ..
- Prevention of collagen crosslinking increases form-deprivation myopia in tree shrewN A McBrien
Department of Physiological Optics, School of Optometry, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294
Exp Eye Res 59:475-86. 1994..development, tree shrews were treated with agents that block collagen crosslinking [beta-aminoproprionitrile (beta-APN), or D-penicillamine (DPA)] and underwent monocular deprivation (MD) of form vision by eyelid closure to induce ..
- Lymphocyte 5'-nucleotidase and aminopeptidase N activity in patients on maintenance hemodialysis treated with human recombinant erythropoietin and 1-alpha-D3Vladisav Stefanovic
Institute of Nephrology and Hemodialysis, Faculty of Medicine, Nis, Serbia
Ren Fail 27:283-8. 2005..human recombinant erythropoietin (rHu-EPO) and 1-alpha-D3 treatments on lymphocyte immunomodulatory enzymes, aminopeptidase N (APN), and 5'-nucleotidase activity in patients on HD were investigated in hemodialysis patients before and ..
- [Analysis of immunophenotype and leukemia associated immunophenotype in 610 patients with acute myeloid leukemia]Yan Rong Liu
Peking University, Institute of Hematology, People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 28:731-6. 2007..To analyze the immunophenotype and leukemia associated immunophenotype (LAIP) of leukemia cells from patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in minimal residual disease (MRD) detection...
- Seasonal variation of peptidase activities in the reproductive tract of Crotalus durissus terrificusCamila Eduardo Marinho
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Instituto Butantan, Av Vital Brasil, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Gen Comp Endocrinol 160:84-92. 2009Seasonal quantitative patterns of acid (APA), basic (APB), puromycin-sensitive (APN-PS) and puromycin-insensitive neutral (APN-PI), cystyl (CAP), dipeptidyl IV (DPPIV), type-1 pyroglutamyl (PAP-I) and prolyl-imino (PIP) aminopeptidases ..
- Side population cells in the human decidua of early pregnancy exhibit stem/progenitor cell-like characteristicsChun Guo
Department of Reproductive Endocrinology, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, PR China
Reprod Biomed Online 21:783-93. 2010..Decidual SP cells were negative for the mature decidual cell marker CD13 and prolactin and negative for CD34 and CD45 expression...
- Simultaneous high-performance capillary electrophoretic determination of reduced and oxidized glutathione in red blood cells in the femtomole rangeG Piccoli
Istituto di Chimica Biologica Giorgio Fornaini, , Italy
J Chromatogr A 676:239-46. 1994..oxidized (GSSG) glutathione in mammalian red blood cells using a Supelco-bonded hydrophilic phase capillary CElect-P150. The extraction procedure of GSH and GSSG from erythrocytes using Microcon-10 membranes is very simple and allows a ..
- Neural damage associated with atopic diathesis: a nationwide survey in JapanN Isobe
Department of Neurology, Neurological Institute, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Neurology 73:790-7. 2009..the spectrum of neural damage associated with atopy, we conducted a cross-sectional nationwide survey of AM and atopy-related peripheral neuritis (APN), including Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS), in individuals with atopic diathesis.
- The Analgesic Activity of Bestatin as a Potent APN InhibitorMei Rong Jia
School of Pharmacy, Shandong University Jinan, Shandong, China
Front Neurosci 4:50. 2010..was primarily marketed in 1987 in Japan as an anticancer drug and servers as the only marketed inhibitor of Aminopeptidase N (APN/CD13) to cure leukemia to date; (3) a pan-hematopoietic stimulator and restorator; Bestatin promotes ..
- Interaction of the human autoantigen p150 with splicing snRNPsB J Blencowe
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Sci 105:685-97. 1993..specifically immunoprecipitates U4/U6 snRNP from HeLa cell extracts through recognition of a 150 kDa autoantigen (p150) (Okano and Medsger, Journal of Immunology, 146, 535-542, 1991)...
- Recognition of lactoferrin and aminopeptidase M-modified lactoferrin by the liver: involvement of proteoglycans and the remnant receptorG J Ziere
Division of Biopharmaceutics, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, University of Leiden, Sylvius Laboratory, The Netherlands
Biochem J 313:289-95. 19961. Lactoferrin and aminopeptidase M-modified lactoferrin (APM-lactoferrin; which lacks its 14 N-terminal amino acids) inhibit the liver uptake of lipoprotein remnant...
- Domain III exchanges of Bacillus thuringiensis CryIA toxins affect binding to different gypsy moth midgut receptorsM K Lee
Department of Biochemistry, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 216:306-12. 1995..This is the first direct evidence that domain III is involved in receptor binding and the first to demonstrate that domain III substitutions direct the binding of these toxins to different gypsy moth midgut receptors...
- Postnatal ontogeny of kinetics of porcine jejunal brush border membrane-bound alkaline phosphatase, aminopeptidase N and sucrase activitiesMing Z Fan
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 132:599-607. 2002..enzyme activity (V(max)) and enzyme affinity (K(m)) of jejunal mucosal membrane-bound alkaline phosphatase, aminopeptidase N and sucrase using a porcine model which may more closely resemble the human intestine...
- Biochemical characterization of the native tissue form of type X collagen from embryonic chick sternal cartilage and identification of a chymotrypsin-sensitive site within its triple-helical domainA M Reginato
Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Biochem J 273:333-8. 1991..lathyritic chick-embryo sterna and from organ cultures incubated in the presence of beta-aminopropionitrile (beta APN)...
- Development of a prototype personal digital assistant-decision support system for the management of adult obesityNam Ju Lee
Columbia University School of Nursing, 617 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Med Inform 76:S281-92. 2007..The purpose of this study was to develop a prototype personal digital assistant-decision support system (PDA-DSS) based on a clinical practice guideline (CPG) for the management of obesity...
- Stage-specific modulation of neprilysin and aminopeptidase N in the limbic system during kindling progressionPatricia de Gortari
Div Investigaciones en Neurociencias, Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Mexico D F, Mexico
J Mol Neurosci 33:252-61. 2007b>Aminopeptidase N (APN) and neprilysin (NEP) inactivate neuropeptides released into the brain extracellular fluid...
- Flow cytometric measurement of RNA synthesis based on bromouridine labelling and combined with measurement of DNA content or cell surface antigenP O Jensen
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 32:521-4. 1993..Using a new method for flow cytometric dual parameter analysis of BrUrd incorporation and a cell surface antigen, spontaneous RNA synthesis in HL-60 and K-562 cells was measured simultaneous with CD13 expression.
- Temporal association of the N- and O-linked glycosylation events and their implication in the polarized sorting of intestinal brush border sucrase-isomaltase, aminopeptidase N, and dipeptidyl peptidase IVH Y Naim
Department of Physiological Chemistry, School of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bunteweg 17, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:17961-7. 1999..O-Glycosylation of pro-sucrase-isomaltase (pro-SI), aminopeptidase N (ApN), and dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) is drastically reduced when processing of the mannose-rich N-..
- Vascular amine oxidase activities during synergistic vasculotoxicityM B Trent
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0605
Toxicology 89:67-77. 1994Allylamine (AA) and beta-aminopropionitrile (beta APN) are well known vascular toxins with a demonstrated synergistic toxic effect, i.e. given together they cause extensive smooth muscle cell necrosis of the aortic media...
- [Adipokines and highly active antiretroviral therapy related lipodystrophy: clinical study of 52 cases]Mei mei Tao
Department of Infectious Diseases, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:867-71. 2009..difference thereof between the HIV-lipodystrophy (LD) and non-HIV-LD groups, and to compare the plasma levels of adiponectin (APN) and leptin (LEP) and their relationship to metabolic disturbance and fat redistribution in these 2 groups.
- In vivo priming and ex vivo activation of equine neutrophils in black walnut extract-induced equine laminitis is not attenuated by systemic lidocaine administrationJohn P Loftus
Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 138:60-9. 2010..neutrophils were stimulated in vitro with LPS or recombinant equine IL-8 (reqIL-8) and surface expression of CD13 and CD18 was ascertained by immunofluorescent staining...
- Comparative evaluation of the combined osteolathyritic effects of two nitrile combinations on xenopus embryosD A Dawson
Department of Biology Toxicology, Ashland University, 401 College Avenue, Ashland, OH 44805, USA
Toxicology 147:193-207. 2000Two nitrile combinations, beta-aminopropionitrile (beta APN) with aminoacetonitrile (AAN) and betaAPN with beta APN (as a sham combination), were evaluated using the frog embryo mixture toxicity assay to determine their combined ..
- Functional polymorphism of the Anpep gene increases promoter activity in the Dahl salt-resistant ratKumar Kotlo
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 S Wood St, Chicago, IL 60612
Hypertension 49:467-72. 2007We have reported that aminopeptidase N/CD13, which metabolizes angiotensin III to angiotensin IV, exhibits greater renal tubular expression in the Dahl salt-resistant (SR/Jr) rat than its salt-sensitive (SS/Jr) counterpart...
- Effects of mental illness and aging in two thalamic nucleiWilliam Byne
Division of Basic and Laboratory Research, Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, United States
Schizophr Res 106:172-81. 2008..associated reduction of neuronal and oligodendrocyte number in the anterior principal thalamic nucleus (APN) in a cohort of severely impaired elderly subjects with schizophrenia (SZ) relative to age matched nonpsychiatric ..
- [Relationship of adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein to adiponectin ratio with femoral intima-media thickness and endothelium-dependent vasodilation in patients with newly-diagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus]Yang Xiao
Department of Endocrinology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Diabetes Center, Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 90:231-5. 2010To explore the relationship between plasma adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein (A-FABP), adiponectin (APN) levels and A-FABP/APN ratio with femoral intima-media thickness (FA-IMT) and endothelium-dependent vasodilation in patients with ..
- [Screening and identification of CD13-binding peptides with phage display peptide library]Yong Zhang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an 710061, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:827-30. 2010To screen and identify the peptides that specifically bind to CD13 on monocytes.
- Characterization and overexpression of the Lactococcus lactis pepN gene and localization of its product, aminopeptidase NI J van Alen-Boerrigter
Department of Biophysical Chemistry, Netherlands Institute for Dairy Research, Ede
Appl Environ Microbiol 57:2555-61. 1991..coli was obtained by using the T7 system. The overproduction of the 95-kDa aminopeptidase N could be visualized on sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gels and immunoblots...
- CD13/aminopeptidase N, a novel chemoattractant for T lymphocytes in pulmonary sarcoidosisK Tani
Third Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Tokushima University, Tokushima, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 161:1636-42. 2000CD13/aminopeptidase N (E.C.126.96.36.199) is an ectoenzyme located in the outer membrane of a variety of cells...
- Pre- and post-translational negative effect of beta-adrenoceptor agonists on adiponectin secretion: in vitro and in vivo studiesMarie Laure Delporte
Unit of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Louvain, Faculty of Medicine, UCL 5530 Avenue Hippocrate, 55, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem J 367:677-85. 2002The adipose-derived hormone, adiponectin (ApN), has a role in fuel homoeostasis, insulin action and atherosclerosis. Regulation of ApN by catecholamines has scarcely been investigated...
- Binding and internalization of NGR-peptide-targeted liposomal doxorubicin (TVT-DOX) in CD13-expressing cells and its antitumor effectsSeema V Garde
Ambrilia Biopharma Inc, Chemin Du Golf, Verdun, Quebec, Canada
Anticancer Drugs 18:1189-200. 2007..The NGR peptide on the surface of liposomal doxorubicin (DOX) targets an aminopeptidase N (CD13) isoform, specific to the tumor neovasculature, making it a promising strategy...
- Adenosine deaminase that acts on RNA 1 p150 in alveolar macrophage is involved in LPS-induced lung injuryYumei Wu
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, PR China
Shock 31:410-15. 2009..Here, we report that up-regulation of inducible ADAR1 p150 isoform in macrophages stimulated with LPS and in AMs harvested from an ALI rat model...
- Local adiponectin treatment reduces atherosclerotic plaque size in rabbitsChang Jiang Li
The Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Remodeling and Function Research, Chinese Ministry of Education and Chinese Ministry of Public Health, Shandong University Qilu Hospital, No 107, Wenhua Xi Road, Jinan, Shandong 250012, People s Republic of China
J Endocrinol 193:137-45. 2007..on the development of atherosclerosis in rabbits mainly using adenovirus expressing adiponectin gene (Ad-APN) and intravascular ultrasonography...
- Effects of bestatin on intrauterine growth of rat fetusesM Furuhashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 21:366-8. 1989Pregnant Wistar rats were injected with bestatin, a specific inhibitor of aminopeptidase M. Placental aminopeptidase M activity was inhibited by injection of bestatin, and fetal body weight was statistically lower than that in the saline-..
- Molecular basis for a severe case of leukocyte adhesion deficiencyA L Corbi
Unidad de Biologia Molecular, Hospital de la Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Immunol 22:1877-81. 1992The leukocyte integrins LFA-1, Mac-1 and p150,95 (CD11a/CD18, CD11b/CD18, CD11c/CD18) mediate crucial leukocyte adhesive functions in immune and inflammatory reactions...
- Hodgkin's cells express a novel pattern of adhesion moleculesP A Ellis
Department of Oncology, Christchurch Hospital, New Zealand
Clin Exp Immunol 90:117-23. 1992..The HC were shown to express the integrin beta 1 subfamily molecules, LFA-1 (CD11a) and p150,95 (CD11c) in high density but lacked CR3 (CD11b)...
- Villin, intestinal brush border hydrolases and keratin polypeptides in intestinal metaplasia and gastric cancer; an immunohistologic study emphasizing the different degrees of intestinal and gastric differentiation in signet ring cell carcinomasM Osborn
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Goettingen, Federal Republic of Germany
Virchows Arch A Pathol Anat Histopathol 413:303-12. 1988Gastric carcinomas have been assayed for the presence of villin and for the small intestinal hydrolases aminopeptidase N and sucrase isomaltase. These proteins seem not to be present in normal stomach epithelium...
- Biochemical and functional characterization of MCS-2 antigen (CD13) on myeloid leukemic cells and polymorphonuclear leukocytesK Sakai
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kumamoto University Medical School, Japan
Cancer Res 47:5572-6. 1987..These findings suggested that MCS-2 mAb reacted with identical molecules, which were recognized by other mAbs belonging to CD13. Furthermore, modulation of MCS-2 antigen was observed by MCS-2 mAb itself.
- Nuclear assemblyT M Gant
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 13:669-95. 1997..There are four identified proteins localized to the inner nuclear membrane: the lamina-associated proteins LAP1 and LAP2, emerin, and the lamin B receptor (LBR)...
- Characterization of 'adult-type' mast cells derived from human bone marrow CD34(+) cells cultured in the presence of stem cell factor and interleukin-6. Interleukin-4 is not required for constitutive expression of CD54, Fc epsilon RI alpha and chymase, anY Shimizu
Department of Internal Medicine, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 32:872-80. 2002..In vitro-derived human mast cells exhibit different properties, depending in part on the source of progenitor cells. Most investigations have used fetal liver, cord blood or peripheral blood. Few have used adult bone marrow...
- p150(Glued), Dynein, and microtubules are specifically required for activation of MKK3/6 and p38 MAPKsPo Yan Cheung
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 279:45308-11. 2004..b>p150(Glued) dynactin, a key component of the cytoplasmic dynein-dynactin motor complex, was found to specifically ..
- Identification of two apurinic/apyrimidinic endonucleases from Caenorhabditis elegans by cross-species complementationAndrea Shatilla
University of Montreal, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Guy Bernier Research Centre, 5415 de l Assomption, Montreal, Que, Canada H1T 2M4
DNA Repair (Amst) 4:655-70. 2005..We isolated two genes, apn-1 and exo-3, encoding proteins that have not been previously characterized...
- Expression of aminopeptidase N/CD13 in human ovarian cancersP Surowiak
Institute of Pathology, Charite Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1783-8. 2006b>Aminopeptidase N/CD13 (EC 188.8.131.52) is suggested to play a role in cancer cells invasion, and its activity can be inhibited using specific inhibitors. CD13 inhibitors evoke apoptosis of CD13-positive cancer cells...
- Digestive and metabolic flexibility allows female degus to cope with lactation costsDaniel E Naya
Center for Advanced Studies in Ecology and Biodiversity and Departamento de Ecologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago CP 6513677, Chile
Physiol Biochem Zool 81:186-94. 2008..Our study reveals a complex interplay among energy acquisition, storage, and expenditure processes that ultimately determine an organism's fitness...
- Lysosomal proliferation and distal degeneration in motor neurons expressing the G59S mutation in the p150Glued subunit of dynactinErica S Chevalier-Larsen
Department of Physiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6085, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:1946-55. 2008..A mutation in p150(Glued), a component of the cytoplasmic dynein/dynactin microtubule motor complex, results in the human ..
- Leptin up-regulates the lactogenic effect of prolactin in the bovine mammary gland in vitroY Feuermann
Institute of Animal Science, Agricultural Research Organization, The Volcani Center, PO Box 6, Bet Dagan 50250, Israel
J Dairy Sci 91:4183-9. 2008..manner, and synergized to elevate the expression of amino acid metabolism via a 90% increase in aminopeptidase N expression...
- Phenotypic characterization of distinct human bone marrow-derived MSC subsetsHans Jorg Buhring
University Clinic of Tubingen, Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Hematology, Immunology, Oncology, and Rheumatology, Tubingen, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1176:124-34. 2009..Most of the tested antigens, including CD13, CD15, CD73, CD140b, CD144, CD146, and CD164, are expressed at similar levels in both primary BM populations...
- Acute myeloid leukemia with t(16;21)(q24;q22) and eosinophilia: case report and review of the literatureIl Joong Park
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Ajou University School of Medicine, San 5 Wonchun Dong, Yeongtong Gu, Suwon 443 721, Republic of Korea
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 196:105-8. 2010..Flow cytometric analysis revealed the expression of CD13, CD14, CD19, CD33, CD34, and HLA-DR by the leukemic blasts...
- Targeting aminopeptidase N (APN/CD13) with cyclic-imide peptidomimetics derivative CIP-13F inhibits the growth of human ovarian carcinoma cellsShu Xiang Cui
Shandong Medical Biotechnology Centre, Jinan 250062, China
Cancer Lett 292:153-62. 2010b>Aminopeptidase N (APN/CD13) is an essential peptidase involved in the process of tumor growth, metastasis and angiogenesis. Inhibition of APN/CD13 may be an effective strategy for cancer treatment...
- A point mutation in the dynein heavy chain gene leads to striatal atrophy and compromises neurite outgrowth of striatal neuronsKerstin E Braunstein
Department of Neurology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 19:4385-98. 2010..This pathogenic role has been largely postulated from the existence of mutations in the dynactin subunit p150(Glued)...
- Onboarding advanced practice nurses: development of an orientation program in a cardiac centerKaren Goldschmidt
College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Nurs Adm 41:36-40. 2011The advanced practice nurse (APN) is critical to continuity of patient care, particularly in an innovative and research-intensive environment...
- PETIR-001, a dual inhibitor of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV) and aminopeptidase N (APN), ameliorates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in SJL/J miceDirk Reinhold
Institute of Molecular and Clinical Immunology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Biol Chem 392:233-7. 2011Cellular dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV, CD26) and amino-peptidase N (APN, CD13) play regulatory roles in T cell activation and represent potential targets for treatment of inflammatory disorders...
- Host-viral effects of chromatin assembly factor 1 interaction with HCMV IE2Sung Bau Lee
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115
Cell Res 21:1230-47. 2011Chromatin assembly factor 1 (CAF1) consisting of p150, p60 and p48 is known to assemble histones onto newly synthesized DNA and thus maintain the chromatin structure...
- Cell-cycle distribution of different cell compartments in normal versus reactive bone marrow: a frame of reference for the study of dysplastic hematopoiesisSergio Matarraz
Servicio de Citometría and Departamento de Medicina, Centro de Investigacion del Cancer, Instituto de Biología Celular y Molecular del Cáncer, CSIC USAL, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 80:354-61. 2011..The only differences observed between normal and reactive BM were restricted to the more mature (CD13(hi) /CD11b(+) ) bands/neutrophils and to monocytic cells, which showed an increased PI (0.9% ± 0.8% vs. 0.6% ± 0...
- Topical application of aminopeptidase N-neutralizing antibody accelerates wound closureAmy Lai
Burn and Wound Healing Research Laboratory, ICORD, the Blusson Spinal Cord Centre, Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, 818 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1M9, Canada
Mol Cell Biochem 372:95-100. 2013..recent identification as a receptor responsible for stratifin-mediated matrix turnover in dermal fibroblasts, aminopeptidase N has been implicated in the regulation of epidermal-dermal communication and expression of key matrix ..
- Stress granule formation induced by measles virus is protein kinase PKR dependent and impaired by RNA adenosine deaminase ADAR1Kristina M Okonski
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
J Virol 87:756-66. 2013..Complementation of ADAR1(kd) cells by expression of either p150 WT isoform or the p150 Zα (Y177A) Z-DNA-binding mutant of ADAR1 restored suppression of host responses, including ..
- Study of 23 advanced-practice nurses suggest that their ability to facilitate evidence-based practice among frontline nurses is influenced by their personal attributes, relationships with stakeholders, responsibility and workload and organisational contexMary van Soeren
Canadian Health Care Innovations, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Evid Based Nurs 16:60-1. 2013..Nursing and APN workload were factors limiting adoption of EBPs...
- CD13 expression is an independent adverse prognostic factor in adults with Philadelphia chromosome negative B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaKenneth J Craddock
Department of Hematology and Pathology, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Leuk Res 37:759-64. 2013..In addition to age, WBC and cytogenetic findings, CD13 positivity was an independent poor prognostic indicator for overall survival (OS, p=0...
- Effects of electroacupuncture and Chinese kidney-nourishing medicine on polycystic ovary syndrome in obese patientsLiqing Yu
Department of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Shanghai Tianshan Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 200051, China
J Tradit Chin Med 33:287-93. 2013To explore the effect of electroacupuncture and Chinese kidney-nourishing medicine on insulin (INS), adiponectin (APN), leptin (LEP), and glucolipid metabolism of obese patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- iNGR-modified PEG-PLGA nanoparticles that recognize tumor vasculature and penetrate gliomasTing Kang
Key Laboratory of Smart Drug Delivery, Ministry of Education and PLA, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Lane 826, Zhangheng Road, Shanghai 201203, PR China
Biomaterials 35:4319-32. 2014..formulation is expected to achieve specific deep penetration in the tumor tissue by initially binding to aminopeptidase N, with iNGR proteolytically cleaved to CRNGR, and then bind with neuropilin-1 to mediate deep penetration in ..
- Adiponectin deficiency exacerbates age-related hearing impairmentT Tanigawa
Department of Otolaryngology, Aichi Medical University, Aichi, Japan
Cell Death Dis 5:e1189. 2014..Adiponectin (APN) exerts protective effects against obesity-related conditions including endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis...
- Vascular targeting of nanocarriers: perplexing aspects of the seemingly straightforward paradigmMelissa Howard
Center for Targeted Therapeutics and Translational Nanomedicine, Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics and Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, United States
ACS Nano 8:4100-32. 2014..Several endothelial surface markers including peptidases (e.g., ACE, APP, and APN) and adhesion molecules (e.g., ICAM-1 and PECAM) have been identified as key targets...
- Reassessing the role of the secreted protease CPAF in Chlamydia trachomatis infection through genetic approachesEmily A Snavely
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Center for Microbial Pathogenesis, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Pathog Dis 71:336-51. 2014..at least two host protein targets, vimentin filaments and the nuclear envelope protein lamin-associated protein-1 (LAP1), occurs rapidly after the loss of the inclusion membrane integrity, but before loss of plasma membrane ..
- The effect of recombinant adeno-associated virus-adiponectin (rAAV2/1-Acrp30) on glycolipid dysmetabolism and liver morphology in diabetic ratsWen Long
Department of Endocrinology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan Province 410008, China Electronic address
Gen Comp Endocrinol 206:1-7. 2014..Although APN expression increased in the liver tissue, serum levels were not significantly increased...
- Increased Hs-CRP/adiponectin ratio is associated with increase carotid intima-media thicknessHuocheng Liao
Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Department, Dongying People s Hospital of Shandong Province, NO, 137, Nanyi Road, Dongying, Shangdong Province, China
Lipids Health Dis 13:120. 2014High sensitivity C-reactive protein (Hs-CRP) and adiponectin (APN) are two critical cytokines and exert inverse effects on atherosclerosis initiation and progression...
- Proteome analysis of Lactobacillus helveticus H9 during growth in skim milkY F Chen
Key Laboratory of Dairy Biotechnology and Engineering, Ministry of Education, Inner Mongolia Agricultural University, Huhhot, P R China, 010018 Synergetic Innovation Center of Food Safety and Nutrition, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, P R China, 214122
J Dairy Sci 97:7413-25. 2014..Interestingly, the proteolytic system-related proteins aminopeptidase N (PepN), aminopeptidase E (PepE), endopeptidase O2 (PepO2), and oligopeptide transport system permease protein ..
- Comparison of surface markers between human and rabbit mesenchymal stem cellsTao Chen Lee
Department of Neurosurgery, Chiayi Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Chiayi, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 9:e111390. 2014..The phenotype of these cells was studied using flow cytometry antibodies for 25 rabbit surface markers, namely, CD13, CD14, CD29, CD31, CD34, CD44, CD45, CD49d, CD49f, CD51, CD54, CD59, CD71, CD73, CD90, CD105, CD106, CD133, CD166, ..
- Advanced practice nursing, health care teams, and perceptions of team effectivenessKelley Kilpatrick
Université du Québec en Outaouais Dr Kilpatrick, Saint Jérôme McGill University Drs Lavoie Tremblay and Ritchie McGill University Health Centre Dr Ritchie Université de Montréal Dr Lamothe, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Trauma Nurs 21:291-9. 2014..the results of an extensive review of the organizational and health care literature of advanced practice nursing (APN) roles, health care teams, and perceptions of team effectiveness. Teams have a long history in health care...
- JEAN L HANNAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..Intervention group mothers will receive a minimum of 10 two-way advanced practice nurse (APN) cell phone calls plus text messaging on post hospital discharge days 3, 7, 14, 21, months 1-6;be able to contact ..
- Roles of two aminopeptidases in peptide catabolism in the malaria parasiteMichael Klemba; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have identified two vacuolar aminopeptidases, P. falciparum aminopeptidase N (PfA-M1) and aminopeptidase P (PfAPP), and propose that hemoglobin is extensively degraded to amino acids in ..
- Sarjeet S Gill; Fiscal Year: 2016..This implies both APN and ALP of mosquitoes could act as primary rather than as secondary receptors as in moths, suggesting a possible ..
- Biomarkers for Acute Pyelonephrititis in ChildrenNader Shaikh; Fiscal Year: 2011..In others, bacteria successfully ascend from the bladder to the kidney causing acute pyelonephritis (APN). APN is one of the principal causes of acquired renal scarring in children...
- Novel Compounds to Inactivate Oncogenic Fusion ProteinsJeffrey A Toretsky; Fiscal Year: 2013..We identified RNA Helicase A (RHA, p150), a DEAD/H family member that modulates gene expression, as a critical partner of EWS-FLI1...
- George I Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2016..and second by enhancing regulation of a GSH scavenging system (;-glutamyl transpeptidase (3GT), and aminopeptidase N. Experiments will define mechanisms of ethanol effects on transcriptional and posttranscriptional events ..
- Paul D Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2014..Via mass spectrometry, we discovered multiple nucleolar proteins associated with the human CAF-1-p150 subunit...
- Astrocyte Control of Toxin-Mediated Neuron Death: Role of the Gamma-Glutamyl PathGeorge I Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..resistance protein(s) (Mrp), and two plasma membrane ectopeptidases, ?-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) and aminopeptidase N (ApN). Specific Aim 3: Aim 3 will use an in vivo model to extend the in vitro findings to the intact animal...
- Jamie L Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2016..CXCL9), elafin, interleukin-2-receptor-alpha, soluble B-cell-activating factor (sBAFF), and soluble CD13] diagnoses chronic GVHD...
- THOMAS EUGENE LLOYD; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our Preliminary Results suggest that these mutations differentially affect p150 interactions with MTs and p150 function at synapses...
- The Role of LOX/LOXL Family Members in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA)EBONY WASHINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Follow up infusion of B-APN, an irreversible inhibitor of LOX, caused AAA in 100% of the mice, supporting a role for LOX in AAA pathogenesis...
- Flora Sam; Fiscal Year: 2016..a link between aldosterone and obesity with evidence that adipocytes, in addition to secreting adiponectin (APN), may release secreted factors that stimulate aldosterone release independent of angiotensin-II...
- HEME OXYGENASE REGULATION OF EICOSANOID BIOSYNTHESISNader G Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, we assembled a battery of genetically modified mice (HO-1-/-, HO-1, HO-2-/-, EC-SOD-/-, APN-/-, sEHKO, HO-1-Tg, EET-Tg, and APN-Tg) and developed a lentiviral gene transfer strategy to provide loss and gain ..
- IVUS Detection of Rupture Prone PlaquesMarvin M Doyley; Fiscal Year: 2013..we propose to conjugate a microbubble contrast agent to a peptide with the NGR-homing sequence that binds to CD13, and a monoclonal antibody, DC101, that binds to the VEGF receptor-2...
- A Drosophila model of motor neuron disease using mutations in P150 / Dynactin.Thomas Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2012..To investigate the role of vesicle transport in motor neuron disease, we have introduced a mutation in the P150 subunit of dynactin into Drosophila that is present in a rare familial form of ALS...
- Anxiety and Alcohol Drinking in a Genetic Animal Model of AlcoholismJULIA ANN CHESTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..toward alcohol drinking behavior in mouse lines that have been selectively bred for high (HAP1 and HAP2) or low (LAP1 and LAP2) alcohol preference...
- Mechanisms of Vascular Dysfunction in Obesity & the Metabolic SyndromeELAINE MOTT URBINA; Fiscal Year: 2010..One of the pathways by which obesity induces target organ damage may involve fat derived adiponectin's (APN) effect on vascular function...
- Harriet L Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2014..that form non-infectious virus like-particles (VLP) displaying trimeric gp160 envelope (DNA vaccines) or trimeric gp150 envelope (MVAVLP)...
- Regulation of synaptic plasticity by eCBs in adult and aged mammalian cortexKaren L Montey; Fiscal Year: 2012..cortical inhibition indirectly through use of type 1 cannabinoid receptors (CBIRs) in adult postnatal day 150 (P150) and aged (P700) rats...
- UNIQUE SURFACE STRUCTURES ON SYNOVIAL CELLSDAVID ALAN FOX; Fiscal Year: 2011..FLS surface structure induced by IL-17 but not TNF, and have shown that this molecule is the ecto-N-aminopeptidase CD13. Experiments are proposed to determine the functional consequences of this effect of IL-17...
- RICHARD LOWELL BELL; Fiscal Year: 2014..This approach is most expedient because Dr. Ting-Kai Li (the PI who created our P/NP, HAD1-2/LAD1-2, and HAP1-2/LAP1-2 selected rodent lines) is now a Professor of Psychiatry at Duke and Drs. Amir H. Rezvani and Edward D...
- Natriuretic Mechanisms Uderlying Spontaneous HypertensionShetal H Padia; Fiscal Year: 2012..These enzymes, aminopeptidase A (APA) and aminopeptidase N (APN), repspectively are present in renal proximal tubule cells...
- Interactive Signaling Modules in Vascular InflammationLinda H Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project 4 (Shapiro) focuses on the novel role of the cell-surface molecule CD13 in the adhesion of myeloid cells to vascular endothelial cells, and explores this mechanism in vascular pathology...
- Candece L Gladson; Fiscal Year: 2014..of TNF-R1 with a TNFa fusion protein that is targeted to tumor MvECs by fusion with a peptide that binds CD13. We will use two mouse models to analyze the specificity of the effects and the magnitude of the responses in vivo: ..
- Fang Li; Fiscal Year: 2016..angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) as its receptor, whereas other group-I coronaviruses use aminopeptidase-N (APN)...
- Brian D Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2016..the apical transport of basal bodies preceding cilia formation by examining zebrafish mutants in dynein and the p150 and p50 subunits of dynactin...
- Stephen J King; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our hypothesis is that the basic domain of dynactin p150 acts as a molecular tether to maintain contact between dynein, dynactin, cargo and the microtubule during motility ..
- GU Infection Self-Diagnosis for Deployed Military WomenNancy Ryan Wenger; Fiscal Year: 2004..A research advanced practice nurse (APN) will enroll women in the study, conduct a protocol-driven clinical diagnostic examination, and treat the women ..
- Timothy A Springer; Fiscal Year: 2016..Finally, the structure of the [unreadable]X[unreadable]2 headpiece bound to C3c will reveal the basis for specific ligand recognition and selectivity of [unreadable]X[unreadable]2 for iC3b. ..
- An Intervention to Improve Outcomes in Patients with Advanced CancerRuth McCorkle; Fiscal Year: 2011..The study's overall purpose is to implement our evidence based Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) intervention using the RE-AIM model (Reach, Efficacy, Adoption, Implementation, Maintenance) to evaluate clinical ..
- HSV LATENCY AND MECHANISMS OF GENE SILENCINGJoseph Glorioso; Fiscal Year: 2000..in silencing ICPO expression (iv) To characterize cis-acting elements associated with two LAT promoters designated LAP1 and LAP2. (v) To determine the role of chromatin and DNA methylation in promoter silencing during latency...
- Xin Liang Ma; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recent clinical and experimental results have demonstrated that adiponectin (APN) is a novel metabolic regulatory, vasculoprotective and cardioprotective molecule whose reduction found in diabetic ..
- Mechanisms of Mdm2/Mdmx in repressing p53Wei Gu; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 2, we will examine the regulatory role of p150, a newly identified Mdm2-associated protein, in controlling Mdm2 activities...
- MOLECULAR MARKER FOR INVASIVE CANDIDA ALBICANSMARGARET HOSTETTER; Fiscal Year: 2001..and functionally related to the alpha subunits of the beta2 integrins alphaM (Mac-1 or CD11b/CD18) and alphaX (p150,95 or CD11c/CD18)--two members of the leukocyte adhesion glycoprotein family...
- C/EBPbeta Isoform Function & Regulation by Tyrosine KinasesCynthia Zahnow; Fiscal Year: 2009..Encoded by an intronless gene, C/EBPB is expressed as several distinct protein isoforms (LAP1, LAP2 and LIP) whose expression is tightly regulated by the differential use of a number of in-frame translation ..
- Telehealth nursing intervention for children with complex health care needsStanley M Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..that includes LPN-delivered care coordination and RN-delivered telephone triage, an intervention group receiving APN-delivered telephone care coordination and case management, and another intervention group receiving APN-delivered ..
- Ross S Summer; Fiscal Year: 2015..Taken together, studies in this grant will identify the molecular mechanisms by which APN regulates lung vascular processes in the hope of identifying new avenues of research in lung vascular biology and ..
- CELLULAR CONCOMITANTS OF VINCRISTINE RESISTANCEJUNE BIEDLER; Fiscal Year: 1992..While research in many laboratories has implicated P- glycoprotein (gp150-180) as a major factor, diverse characteristics of resistant cells suggest that other cell components may play ..
- BASOPHIL ACTIVATION AND RECRUITMENT IN ALLERGIC DISEASEBruce Bochner; Fiscal Year: 1993..quantitative measurement of the expression of surface adherence glycoproteins (CD11/CD18) including Mo1, LFA-1, and p150,95 on basophils in both impure and highly pure preparations...
- Hemolytic Anemia: ModelsLUANNE PETERS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The p150 nb-Ank1 generated modulates the severity of the Hereditary Spherocytosis by apparent binding to the membrane, but ..
- LEUKOCYTE ADHESION RECEPTORS MAC 1 AND P150,95Timothy Springer; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will test expression of alphaM subunit C-terminal fragments, define the boundaries of domains recognized by antibodies, and test such fragments for crystallization. ..
- IMPROVING HEALTH OUTCOMES IN UNPARTNERED CARDIAC ELDERSSally Rankin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Building upon these findings the proposed trial tests a collaborative Advanced Practice Nurse (APN)/Peer Advisor to improve health outcomes for unpartnered elders recovering from MI or CABG...
- FUNCTIONAL ROLE OF GP150-180 IN MULTIDRUG RESISTANCEAHMAD SAFA; Fiscal Year: 1991This project seeks to examine the role of gp150-180 in multidrug resistance (MDR) and its role in the circumvention of MDR by calcium channel blockers...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF HUMAN C3 RECEPTORSSamuel Wright; Fiscal Year: 1991Leukocytes express a family of receptors, CR3, LFA-1, and p150, 95 that function in adhesion reactions...
- Assessing Angiogenesis by Near-Infrared ImagingChun Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..from in vivo phage-displaying technology can be used to home NIR fluorochromes to alpha v beta 3 integrin and CD13 receptors, respectively, in angiogenic tumor blood vessels...
- HUMAN CORONAVIRUS 229E SPIKE AND RECEPTOR INTERACTIONSKathryn Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2001..We identified human aminopeptidase N (hAPN), a membrane metalloprotease, as the receptor for human coronavirus 229E...
- REGULATION OF RECEPTOR-LIGAND INTERACTIONSPATRICIA DETMERS; Fiscal Year: 1993Human leukocytes express the CD11/CD18 family of receptors, LFA-1 CR3 and p150, 95 that mediates transient adhesion to ligand-coated cells, substrates, or particles...
- GENETIC MOUSE MODELS FOR CHRONIC INFLAMMATORY DISEASEDaniel Bullard; Fiscal Year: 2006..MRL/MpJ-Faslpr mice containing mutations in ICAM-1, LFA-l, Mac-1 and P150/95 have now been generated and will be used to investigate the roles of leukocyte/endothelial interactions in ..
- DIFFERENTIATION AND FUNCTION OF HUMAN HELPER T CELLSSETH LEDERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..our own, of a critical signalling element in the CD4O pathway, termed CD40-receptor associated factor 1 (CRAF1, LAP1, CD40bp)...
- Effects of Telemonitoring of HF Patients and CaregiversKaren Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed pilot study will evaluate whether electronic home monitoring (EHM) by an advanced practice nurse (APN) is more effective than usual home care in enhancing patient outcomes and decreasing hospital costs...
- MECHANISM OF INTERFERON ACTIONCHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 2009..action are as follows: (1) To further characterize the biochemical and biophysical properties of the IFN-inducible p150 ADAR1...
- IMMUNOREGULATION IN DISSEMINATED HISTOPLASMOSISWARD BULLOCK; Fiscal Year: 1990..More particularly, the role of the common B chain of the family of adherence glycoproteins CR3/LFA-1/P150-,95 will be determined...
- CD13 as a Biomaker for Chemoprevention of Breast CancerLinda Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2009We have shown that the CD13/APN peptidase is a critical regulator of endothelial cell function and is required for angiogenesis. During endothelial cell activation, CD13/APN expression is induced by tumor-derived growth factors...
- Improving Use of CIS in the Underserved Through Mobile Access & Decision SupportSuzanne Bakken; Fiscal Year: 2007..existing personal digital assistant (PDA)-based mobile decision support system for advanced practice nurses (MODS-APN) increases use of tobacco-related CIS resources by APN students and the underserved populations for whom they ..
- MEMBRANE CYTOSKELETON INTERACTIONS IN NEUTROPHILSSUZANNE SUCHARD; Fiscal Year: 1992..on two types of membrane proteins, a 140KD glycoprotein (distinct form the PMN adhesive glycoproteins MO-1 and p150,95), and membrane protein(s) that bind the extracellular matrix protein, platelet thrombospondin (TSP)...
- Mobile Decision Support for Advanced Practice NursingSuzanne Bakken; Fiscal Year: 2007..The specific aims of this study are to: (1) Extend an existing personal digital assistant-based (PDA) APN student clinical log (CL-APN) to include mobile decision support (MODS-APN]) for three CPGs of relevance across APN ..
- MECHANISMS OF GENE REGULATION IN MYELOPOIESISJames Downing; Fiscal Year: 1993..This proposal focuses on two such genes, those encoding gp150 (CD13) and gp67 (CD33), which are expressed be committed human myeloid cell progenitors, subsets of more mature ..
- THE CHRONICALLY ILL--LONG TERM MECHANICAL VENTILATIONBarbara Daly; Fiscal Year: 2003..The intervention will consist of a disease-management program, implemented by a team of Advanced Practice Nurses (APN), pulmonologist, and geriatrician...
- NURSE PRACTICE FUNCTIONS--PATIENT PROBLEMS AND OUTCOMESDorothy Brooten; Fiscal Year: 1999..The second study purpose is to being establishing links between patient problems, APN practice functions, nurse time consumed, patient outcomes and health care costs...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF FUNGAL CYTOPLASMIC DYNEINMichael Plamann; Fiscal Year: 1999..ro-1 encodes the heavy chain of cytoplasmic dynein, while ro-3 and ro-4 encode the dynactin subunits p150(Glued) and Arp1, respectively...
- Assessing Circulating Progenitor Cells in Heart DiseaseThomas Povsic; Fiscal Year: 2007..cell surface expression of CD 133 and CD34, representative of late outgrowth endothelial progenitors, expression of CD13 and VEGFR-2, representative of early endothelial progenitors, and compare these progenitors with those identified ..
- QTL MAPPING FOR ALCOHOL PREFERENCE IN SELECTED MICEPaula Bice; Fiscal Year: 2004..we also propose to do a fun genome screen to search for novel QTLs by using F2 animals generated from a HAP1 X LAP1 cross...
- CD154-CD13 Pathway in Inflammation-driven AngiogenesisLinda Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2004..Induction of both VEGF and the CD13/APN angiogenic regulator by the inflammatory mediator CD154 in endothelial cells establishes an essential link ..