Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD105
Alias: END, HHT1, ORW1, endoglin, CD105 antigen
Publications292 found, 100 shown here
- Maternal circulating levels of activin A, inhibin A, sFlt-1 and endoglin at parturition in normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsiaAparna Reddy
Fetal Medicine Unit, Elizabeth Gareth Anderson Hospital, University College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e4453. 2009Maternal circulating levels of anti-angiogenic factors such as soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt-1), endoglin (sEng) and placental proteins like activin A and inhibin A are increased before the onset of pre-eclampsia...
- Increased expression of the transforming growth factor-beta signaling pathway, endoglin, and early growth response-1 in stable plaquesPieter T G Bot
Department of Cardiology, AMC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Stroke 40:439-47. 2009..b>Endoglin, an accessory transforming growth factor-beta (TGFbeta) receptor, is a modulator of TGFbeta signaling recently ..
- First-trimester serum levels of soluble endoglin and soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 as first-trimester markers for late-onset preeclampsiaMarc U Baumann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital and University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:266.e1-6. 2008The aim of this investigation was to assess soluble endoglin (sEng) and soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt1) as first-trimester serum markers to predict preeclampsia.
- Endoglin controls cell migration and composition of focal adhesions: function of the cytosolic domainBarbara A Conley
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
J Biol Chem 279:27440-9. 2004Mutations in the human endoglin gene result in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1, a vascular disorder characterized by multisystemic vascular dysplasia, arteriovenous malformations, and focal dilatation of postcapillary venules...
- Endoglin structure and function: Determinants of endoglin phosphorylation by transforming growth factor-beta receptorsRositsa I Koleva
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
J Biol Chem 281:25110-23. 2006..of the functional relationship between the transforming growth factor-beta (TGFbeta) receptor proteins endoglin and ALK1 is essential to the understanding of the human vascular disease, hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia...
- Endoglin regulates cytoskeletal organization through binding to ZRP-1, a member of the Lim family of proteinsFrancisco Sanz-Rodriguez
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, CSIC, Ramiro de Maetzu 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:32858-68. 2004b>Endoglin is a component of the transforming growth factor-beta receptor complex abundantly expressed at the surface of endothelial cells and plays an important role in cardiovascular development and vascular remodeling...
- Angiogenesis index CD105 (endoglin)/CD31 (PECAM-1) as a predictive factor for invasion and proliferation in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN) of the pancreasMichael Tachezy
Department of General, Visceral, and Thoracic Surgery, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Histol Histopathol 25:1239-46. 2010..Therefore we investigated endothelial cell marker CD31 (PECAM-1) and angiogenesis associated marker CD105 (endoglin) by immunohistochemistry.
- Genetic epidemiology of hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia in a local community in the northern part of JapanMiwako Dakeishi
Department of Hygiene, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Hum Mutat 19:140-8. 2002..Linkage analysis in two large families revealed a weak yet suggestive linkage to the HHT1 locus (encoding endoglin; ENG)...
- Endoglin (CD105) is expressed on immature blood vessels and is a marker for survival in prostate cancerPernilla Wikstrom
Department of Medical Biosciences, Pathology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Prostate 51:268-75. 2002b>Endoglin, a receptor for some of the members of the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) family, is expressed on proliferating endothelial cells and has been suggested as a marker of ongoing angiogenesis...
- Placental productions and expressions of soluble endoglin, soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor-1, and placental growth factor in normal and preeclamptic pregnanciesYang Gu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport, PO Box 33932, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:260-6. 2008Increased production of antiangiogenic factors soluble endoglin (sEng) and soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor-1 (sFlt-1) by the placenta contributes to the pathophysiology in preeclampsia (PE).
- Mutant endoglin in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1 is transiently expressed intracellularly and is not a dominant negativeN Pece
Division of Immunology and Cancer Research, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
J Clin Invest 100:2568-79. 1997b>Endoglin (CD105), a component of the TGF-beta 1 receptor complex, is the target gene for the dominantly inherited vascular disorder hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1 (HHT1)...
- Mutation study of Spanish patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaAna Fontalba
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, CSIC, Ramiro de Maeztu, 9, Madrid 28040, Spain
BMC Med Genet 9:75. 2008Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT) is an autosomal dominant and age-dependent vascular disorder characterised mainly by mutations in the Endoglin (ENG) or activin receptor-like kinase-1 (ALK1, ACVRL1) genes.
- Clinical and genetic analyses of three Korean families with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaMi Jung Kim
Lee Gil Ya Cancer and Diabetes Institute, Gachon University, Incheon, Korea
BMC Med Genet 12:130. 2011..b>Endoglin (ENG) and activin receptor-like kinase 1 (ACVRL1; ALK1), receptors for transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β) ..
- Clinicopathological and prognostic implications of endoglin (CD105) expression in hepatocellular carcinoma and its adjacent non-tumorous liverJoanna W Ho
Centre for the Study of Liver Disease, and Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:176-81. 2005The expression pattern of endoglin (CD105) in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) has not been reported so far...
- Significant expression of endoglin (CD105), TGFbeta-1 and TGFbeta R-2 in the atherosclerotic aorta: an immunohistological studyMeihua Piao
Department of Pathology and Biodefense, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Saga 849 8501, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 13:82-9. 2006To date, the glycoprotein endoglin and its receptor complex, formed between TGFbeta and TGFbeta R-2, have been studied in tumor angiogenesis...
- Expression of hypoxia-inducing factor-1 alpha and endoglin in intimal hyperplasia of the middle cerebral artery of patients with Moyamoya diseaseYasushi Takagi
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Neurosurgery 60:338-45; discussion 345. 2007....
- Cloning of the promoter region of human endoglin, the target gene for hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1C Rius
Department of Immunology, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Blood 92:4677-90. 1998b>Endoglin (CD105) is a cell surface component of the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) receptor complex highly expressed by endothelial cells...
- Endoglin is an accessory protein that interacts with the signaling receptor complex of multiple members of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamilyN P Barbara
Cancer and Blood Research Program, Toronto M5G 1X8, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 274:584-94. 1999b>Endoglin (CD105) is a transmembrane glycoprotein that binds transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1 and -beta3, and coprecipitates with the Ser/Thr kinase signaling receptor complex by affinity labeling of endothelial and leukemic cells...
- Defective angiogenesis in mice lacking endoglinD Y Li
Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Department of Human Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5330, USA
Science 284:1534-7. 1999b>Endoglin is a transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) binding protein expressed on the surface of endothelial cells...
- Expression analysis of four endoglin missense mutations suggests that haploinsufficiency is the predominant mechanism for hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1N Pece-Barbara
Cancer and Blood Research Programme, Hospital for Sick Children and Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, 555 University Avenue, Toronto M5G 1X8, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 8:2171-81. 1999b>ENDOGLIN codes for a homodimeric membrane glycoprotein that interacts with receptors for members of the TGF-beta superfamily and is the gene mutated in the autosomal dominant vascular disorder hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1 (..
- Endoglin (CD105): a powerful therapeutic target on tumor-associated angiogenetic blood vesselsEster Fonsatti
Cancer Bioimmunotherapy Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientific, Aviano 33081, Italy
Oncogene 22:6557-63. 2003Among surface molecules expressed on endothelial cells, endoglin (CD105) is emerging as a prime vascular target for antiangiogenetic cancer therapy...
- Relationship between expression of CD105 and growth factors in malignant tumors of gastrointestinal tract and its significanceJian Xian Yu
Department of Pathology, Qingdao Municipal Hospital, Qingdao 266011, Shandong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2866-9. 2003..At the same time, we also observed the localization of TGF-beta1 and its receptor CD105 in gastric malignant tumors.
- Molecular screening of ALK1/ACVRL1 and ENG genes in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia in FranceGaetan Lesca
Laboratoire de Genetique, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Hum Mutat 23:289-99. 2004..1231C>T (p.Arg411Trp), c.1232G>C (p.Arg411Pro), and c.1232G>A (p.Arg411Gln) were found in seven, two, and one patients, respectively. Haplotype analysis was in favor of both a founder effect and a mutation hot-spot...
- Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: ENG and ALK-1 mutations in Dutch patientsT G W Letteboer
DBG Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85090, 3508 AB, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Hum Genet 116:8-16. 2005..Mutations in the genes encoding endoglin (ENG, chromosome 9q34) and activin A receptor type-like kinase 1 (ALK-1, also named ACVRL1, chromosome 12q13) are ..
- Endoglin gene insertion polymorphism not associated with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageJoanna Pera
Department of Neurology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
J Neurosurg 102:879-81. 2005..In this study the authors investigated whether this polymorphism is associated with a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) caused by a ruptured IA in a Polish population...
- Soluble endoglin contributes to the pathogenesis of preeclampsiaShivalingappa Venkatesha
Center for Vascular Biology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nat Med 12:642-9. 2006..We report a novel placenta-derived soluble TGF-beta coreceptor, endoglin (sEng), which is elevated in the sera of preeclamptic individuals, correlates with disease severity and falls ..
- Novel mutations in ENG and ACVRL1 identified in a series of 200 individuals undergoing clinical genetic testing for hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT): correlation of genotype with phenotypeAaron D Bossler
Department of Pathology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19014, USA
Hum Mutat 27:667-75. 2006..However, when diagnosed early, the complications can usually be prevented. Mutations in two genes, Endoglin (ENG) and activin receptor-like kinase 1 (ACVRL1 or ALK1) have been associated with HHT...
- Endoglin is not critical for hematopoietic stem cell engraftment and reconstitution but regulates adult erythroid developmentJennifer L Moody
Molecular Medicine and Gene Therapy, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Lund Strategic Research Center for Stem Cell Biology and Cell Therapy, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Stem Cells 25:2809-19. 2007b>Endoglin is a transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) accessory receptor recently identified as being highly expressed on long-term repopulating hematopoietic stem cells (HSC)...
- Endoglin promotes transforming growth factor beta-mediated Smad 1/5/8 signaling and inhibits endothelial cell migration through its association with GIPCNam Y Lee
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
J Biol Chem 283:32527-33. 2008..b>Endoglin is a co-receptor predominantly expressed in endothelial cells that participates in TGFbeta-mediated signaling ..
- Endoglin (CD105) expression in the human heart throughout gestation: an immunohistochemical studyBarresi Valeria
Department of Human Pathology, University of Messina, Italy
Reprod Sci 15:1018-26. 2008b>Endoglin is an 180 KDa protein which plays an important role in the vascular system and cardiac embryogenesis...
- Soluble endoglin and transforming growth factor-beta1 in women who subsequently developed preeclampsiaJi Hyae Lim
The Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Medical Research Institute, Cheil General Hospital and Women s Healthcare Center, Seoul, Korea
Prenat Diagn 29:471-6. 2009This study aimed to analyze the differences of soluble endoglin (sEng) and transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) according to preeclamptic complications and to investigate the correlation between these factors and the clinical ..
- Structural and functional characterization of soluble endoglin receptorBinh Van Le
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 300 Chunchun dong, Suwon 440 746, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 383:386-91. 2009b>Endoglin, an accessory membrane receptor of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta)1, modulates the cellular response to TGF-beta via its interaction with type I and II TGF-beta receptors...
- Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: two distinct ENG deletions in one familyW Wooderchak
ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Clin Genet 78:484-9. 2010..Mutations in endoglin (ENG) or activin A receptor type II-like 1 (ACVRL1) account for around 90% of HHT patients, 10% of those are ..
- Update on molecular diagnosis of hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaJennifer Richards-Yutz
Genetic Diagnostic Laboratory, Department of Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Hum Genet 128:61-77. 2010..Germline mutations in two genes, endoglin (ENG) and activin receptor like kinase 1 (ACVRL1), have been implicated in this disease...
- Soluble endoglin in preeclamptic patients with or without HELLP syndromeAlexandre Hertig
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:594.e1-4. 2010The pathogenesis of the HELLP (hemolysis, enzyme liver, low platelets) syndrome is unknown. Recently soluble endoglin (sEng) was identified as a cause of the appearance of schistocytes and liver pathology in an animal model of ..
- Endoglin suppresses human prostate cancer metastasisMinalini Lakshman
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Lurie 6 105, 303 E Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 28:39-53. 2011b>Endoglin is a transmembrane receptor that suppresses human prostate cancer (PCa) cell invasion. Small molecule therapeutics now being tested in humans can activate endoglin signaling...
- Expression and functional analysis of endoglin in isolated liver cells and its involvement in fibrogenic Smad signallingSteffen K Meurer
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, RWTH University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Cell Signal 23:683-99. 2011b>Endoglin is an accessory component of the TGF-β-binding receptor complex that differentially modulates TGF-β and BMP responses...
- Molecular diagnosis in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: findings in a series tested simultaneously by sequencing and deletion/duplication analysisJ McDonald
Department of Radiology, HHT Center Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Clin Genet 79:335-44. 2011..consecutive cases in which sequencing and large deletion/duplication analysis were performed simultaneously for endoglin (ENG) and activin-like receptor kinase 1 (ACVRL1)...
- Endoglin mediates fibronectin/α5β1 integrin and TGF-β pathway crosstalk in endothelial cellsHongyu Tian
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
EMBO J 31:3885-900. 2012..specifically increase TGF-β1- and BMP-9-induced Smad1/5/8 phosphorylation via the TGF-β superfamily receptors endoglin and activin-like kinase-1 (ALK1)...
- Endoglin requirement for BMP9 signaling in endothelial cells reveals new mechanism of action for selective anti-endoglin antibodiesOlivier Nolan-Stevaux
Oncology Research, Amgen, South San Francisco, CA, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e50920. 2012b>Endoglin (ENG), a co-receptor for several TGFβ-family cytokines, is expressed in dividing endothelial cells alongside ALK1, the ACVRL1 gene product...
- Endoglin is a component of the transforming growth factor-beta receptor system in human endothelial cellsS Cheifetz
Cell Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021
J Biol Chem 267:19027-30. 1992b>Endoglin, a dimeric membrane glycoprotein expressed at high levels on human vascular endothelial cells, shares regions of sequence identity with betaglycan, a major binding protein for transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) that co-..
- Regulated expression on human macrophages of endoglin, an Arg-Gly-Asp-containing surface antigenP Lastres
Centro de Investigaciones, Biologicas, C S I C, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Immunol 22:393-7. 1992b>Endoglin is an endothelial homodimeric membrane antigen containing the tripeptide arginine-glycine-aspartic acid (RGD), which is a recognition motif for adhesion receptors of the integrin family...
- Primary structure of endoglin, an RGD-containing glycoprotein of human endothelial cellsA Gougos
Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
J Biol Chem 265:8361-4. 1990b>Endoglin is a major glycoprotein of human vascular endothelium. As observed with monoclonal antibody 44G4, the distribution of endoglin is restricted to endothelial cells in all tissues except bone marrow...
- Endoglin, a TGF-beta binding protein of endothelial cells, is the gene for hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1K A McAllister
Department of Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
Nat Genet 8:345-51. 1994..Linkage for some families has been established to chromosome 9q33-q34. In the present study, endoglin, a transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) binding protein, was analysed as a candidate gene for the disorder ..
- Endoglin forms a heteromeric complex with the signaling receptors for transforming growth factor-betaH Yamashita
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 269:1995-2001. 1994Human endoglin is a dimeric protein that binds transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta). A porcine cDNA clone for endoglin was obtained from a porcine uterus cDNA library...
- Identification and expression of two forms of the human transforming growth factor-beta-binding protein endoglin with distinct cytoplasmic regionsT Bellon
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Immunol 23:2340-5. 1993b>Endoglin is an homodimeric membrane antigen with capacity to bind transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) and whose expression is up-regulated on myeloid cells upon differentiation to macrophages...
- Endoglin modulates cellular responses to TGF-beta 1P Lastres
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Madrid, Spain
J Cell Biol 133:1109-21. 1996b>Endoglin is a homodimeric membrane glycoprotein which can bind the beta 1 and beta 3 isoforms of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta). We reported previously that endoglin is upregulated during monocyte differentiation...
- Mutation and expression analysis of the endoglin gene in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia reveals null allelesC J Gallione
Department of Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Hum Mutat 11:286-94. 1998..Two genes have been identified for HHT. Endoglin, a TGF-beta binding protein which maps to chromosome 9q3, is the gene for HHT1...
- Identification of hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1 in newborns by protein expression and mutation analysis of endoglinU Cymerman
Cancer and Blood Research Program, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Pediatr Res 47:24-35. 2000..b>Endoglin is the gene mutated in HHT1, which is associated with a higher prevalence of pulmonary arteriovenous ..
- Endoglin: An accessory component of the TGF-beta-binding receptor-complex with diagnostic, prognostic, and bioimmunotherapeutic potential in human malignanciesE Fonsatti
Advanced Immunotherapy Unit, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, I R C C S, via Pedemontana Occ le 12, Aviano, Italy 33081
J Cell Physiol 188:1-7. 2001b>Endoglin (CD105) is a cell membrane glycoprotein over-expressed on highly proliferating endothelial cells in culture, and on endothelial cells of angiogenetic blood vessels within benign and malignant tissues...
- Extracellular and cytoplasmic domains of endoglin interact with the transforming growth factor-beta receptors I and IIMercedes Guerrero-Esteo
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Velazquez 144, Madrid 28006, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:29197-209. 2002b>Endoglin is an auxiliary component of the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) receptor system, able to associate with the signaling receptor types I (TbetaRI) and II (TbetaRII) in the presence of ligand and to modulate the cellular ..
- Endoglin expression is regulated by transcriptional cooperation between the hypoxia and transforming growth factor-beta pathwaysTilman Sanchez-Elsner
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Ramiro de Maeztu 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:43799-808. 2002b>Endoglin is a transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) co-receptor expressed mainly on endothelial cells and involved in cardiovascular development, angiogenesis, and vascular remodeling...
- Inducible expression of human endoglin during inflammation and wound healing in vivoE Torsney
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Inflamm Res 51:464-70. 2002Because angiogenesis and inflammation are intimately associated and endoglin is required for angiogenesis, we wished to determine whether it also plays a role in inflammation.
- Over expression of endoglin in human prostate cancer suppresses cell detachment, migration and invasionYuequin Liu
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School and the Robert H Lurie Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Olson 8524, 710 N Fairbanks, Chicago, Illinois, IL 60611, USA
Oncogene 21:8272-81. 2002..We have previously shown that the endoglin gene is differently expressed during changes in prostate cell adhesion...
- Both high intratumoral microvessel density determined using CD105 antibody and elevated plasma levels of CD105 in colorectal cancer patients correlate with poor prognosisC Li
Department of Pathology, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 88:1424-31. 2003b>CD105 and its ligand transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) are modulators of angiogenesis, which drives tumour growth and metastasis. Tumour microvessel density (MVD) has proven to be an important determinant of prognosis...
- Hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia: a questionnaire based study to delineate the different phenotypes caused by endoglin and ALK1 mutationsJ Berg
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, GKT School of Medicine, King s College London, 8th Floor, Guy s Tower, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK
J Med Genet 40:585-90. 2003..Causative mutations for HHT have been identified in two genes, endoglin and ALK1, which encode proteins involved in serine-threonine kinase signalling in the endothelial cell.
- mRNA expression of the angiogenesis markers VEGF and CD105 (endoglin) in human breast cancerFrancisco Gómez-Esquer
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Madrid, Spain
Anticancer Res 24:1581-5. 2004Both VEGF and CD105 (endoglin) have been identified as markers of tumor angiogenesis and prognosis in breast cancer. They have always been studied in this kind of tumor by means of immunological methods.
- Interaction and functional interplay between endoglin and ALK-1, two components of the endothelial transforming growth factor-beta receptor complexFrancisco J Blanco
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Madrid, Spain
J Cell Physiol 204:574-84. 2005..b>Endoglin and ALK-1 are components of the TGF-beta receptor complex, predominantly expressed in endothelial cells, and ..
- Hepatic manifestation is associated with ALK1 in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: identification of five novel ALK1 and one novel ENG mutationsHeidi K A Kuehl
Institut fuer Humangenetik, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Hum Mutat 25:320. 2005..In this study, we have identified five novel ALK1 and one ENG disease-causing mutations. We conclude that hepatic manifestation in HHT patients is associated with mutations in the ALK1 gene, but rarely with ENG mutations...
- Novel mutations and polymorphisms in genes causing hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaSalma A Abdalla
Cancer Research Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, and Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada M5G 1X8
Hum Mutat 25:320-1. 2005Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT) is an autosomal dominant vascular disorder caused by mutations in Endoglin (ENG) or activin receptor-like kinase-1 (ALK1, ACVRL1) genes...
- A role for endoglin in coupling eNOS activity and regulating vascular tone revealed in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaMourad Toporsian
Cancer Research Program, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circ Res 96:684-92. 2005..Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1 (HHT1) is a vascular disorder associated with ENDOGLIN (ENG) haploinsufficiency and characterized by venous dilatations, focal loss of capillaries, and arteriovenous ..
- Characterization of murine S-endoglin isoform and its effects on tumor developmentEduardo Pérez-Gómez
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas Alberto Sols, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas CSIC Universidad autónoma de Madrid UAM, Arturo Duperier 4, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Oncogene 24:4450-61. 2005b>Endoglin is a transmembrane glycoprotein that acts as an auxiliary receptor for transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) and modulates cellular responses to this pleiotropic cytokine...
- High frequency of ENG and ALK1/ACVRL1 mutations in German HHT patientsClaudia Schulte
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Hum Mutat 25:595. 2005..Our results demonstrate the importance of ACVRL1 and ENG mutations in German HHT patients displaying mutation frequencies over 80%...
- A DNA sequence polymorphism in the endoglin gene is not associated with intracranial aneurysm or aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageDavid G Peters
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Cerebrovasc Dis 20:96-100. 2005b>Endoglin is a member of the transforming growth factor beta family of proteins and plays a central role in vascular growth and development...
- Mutation study of Spanish patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia and expression analysis of Endoglin and ALK1Africa Fernandez-L
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Madrid, Spain
Hum Mutat 27:295. 2006..telangiectasia (HHT) is an autosomal dominant and age-dependent vascular disorder originated by mutations in Endoglin (ENG) or activin receptor-like kinase-1 (ALK1, ACVRL1) genes...
- Distribution of ENG and ACVRL1 (ALK1) mutations in French HHT patientsGaetan Lesca
Service de Génétique Moléculaire et Médicale, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Hum Mutat 27:598. 2006..Our results also emphasize the higher prevalence of large insertions/deletions in ENG and the predominance of ACVRL1 over ENG mutations...
- Soluble endoglin (sEng) joins the soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase (sFlt) receptor as a pre-eclampsia moleculeFriedrich C Luft
Franz Volhard Clinic, Medical Faculty of the Charite, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin Buch, Wiltberg Strasse 50, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:3052-4. 2006
- Increased intrahepatic and circulating levels of endoglin, a TGF-beta1 co-receptor, in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection: relationship to histological and serum markers of hepatic fibrosisM Clemente
Liver Research Unit, University Hospital Santa Cristina, Madrid, Spain
J Viral Hepat 13:625-32. 2006b>Endoglin, a transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1 co-receptor, has been associated with renal and cutaneous fibrosis, as overexpression of this protein has been observed in biopsies from patients with glomerulosclerosis and scleroderma, ..
- Identification of Tctex2beta, a novel dynein light chain family member that interacts with different transforming growth factor-beta receptorsQingjun Meng
Cardiovascular Clinical Academic Group, University Department of Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:37069-80. 2006b>Endoglin is a membrane-inserted protein that is preferentially synthesized in angiogenic vascular endothelial and smooth muscle cells...
- Identification of BMP9 and BMP10 as functional activators of the orphan activin receptor-like kinase 1 (ALK1) in endothelial cellsLaurent David
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Equipe Mixte INSERM EMI 01 05, Grenoble, France
Blood 109:1953-61. 2007..Overexpression of endoglin increases the BMP9 response, whereas silencing of both BMPRII and ActRIIA expressions completely abolishes it...
- Structural model of human endoglin, a transmembrane receptor responsible for hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaOscar Llorca
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Ramiro de Maetzu 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Mol Biol 365:694-705. 2007b>Endoglin is a type I membrane protein expressed as a disulphide-linked homodimer on human vascular endothelial cells whose haploinsufficiency is responsible for the dominant vascular dysplasia known as hereditary hemorrhagic ..
- Soluble endoglin is an accurate predictor and a pathogenic molecule in pre-eclampsiaJose M Lopez-Novoa
Departamento de Fisiologia y Farmacologia, Edificio Departamental, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:712-4. 2007
- Genotype-phenotype correlations in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: data from the French-Italian HHT networkGaetan Lesca
Service de Génétique Moléculaire et Médicale, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France, and Genetica Medica, Università di Pavia and IRCCS S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Genet Med 9:14-22. 2007..We studied the relationship between the phenotype and genotype in patients with a proven mutation in either ENG (HHT1) or ACVRL1 (HHT2).
- Endoglin (CD105) expression in angiogenesis of primary hepatocellular carcinomas: analysis using tissue microarrays and comparisons with CD34 and VEGFYongzhong Yao
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital, Medical School, Nanjing University, 321 Zhongshan Road, 210008 Nanjing, P R China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:39-48. 2007..of tumor microvessel density (MVD) was assessed in 105 patients with HCC by immunohistochemical staining of CD105, CD34, and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)...
- Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: clinical features in ENG and ALK1 mutation carriersC Sabba
Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 5:1149-57. 2007..The identification of a mutated ENG (HHT1) or ALK-1 (HHT2) gene now enables a genotype-phenotype correlation.
- Endoglin inhibits prostate cancer motility via activation of the ALK2-Smad1 pathwayC S Craft
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Northwestern University and the Robert H Lurie Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Oncogene 26:7240-50. 2007b>Endoglin is a transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) superfamily auxiliary receptor. We had previously shown that it suppressed prostate cancer (PCa) cell motility, and that its expression was lost during PCa progression...
- The interaction of endoglin with beta-arrestin2 regulates transforming growth factor-beta-mediated ERK activation and migration in endothelial cellsNam Y Lee
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 282:21507-17. 2007..pathways is further regulated in endothelial cells by the endothelial specific TGF-beta superfamily co-receptor, endoglin. The importance of endoglin, ALK-1, and ALK-5 in endothelial biology is underscored by the embryonic lethal ..
- Coculture with prostate cancer cells alters endoglin expression and attenuates transforming growth factor-beta signaling in reactive bone marrow stromal cellsJohn C O'Connor
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Mol Cancer Res 5:585-603. 2007..expression in bone marrow stromal cells cocultured with prostate cancer cells and found reduced expression of endoglin, a transmembrane glycoprotein that functions as an auxiliary coreceptor for members of the transforming growth ..
- Particular distribution and expression pattern of endoglin (CD105) in the liver of patients with hepatocellular carcinomaDecai Yu
Institute of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, PR China
BMC Cancer 7:122. 2007b>Endoglin (CD105) has been considered a prognostic marker for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), and widely used as an appropriate targeting for antiangenesis therapy in some cancers...
- A longitudinal study of angiogenic (placental growth factor) and anti-angiogenic (soluble endoglin and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1) factors in normal pregnancy and patients destined to develop preeclampsia and deliver a small forRoberto Romero
Perinatology Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 21:9-23. 2008..b>Endoglin is a protein that regulates the pro-angiogenic effects of transforming growth factor beta, and its soluble form ..
- Maternal, gestational and neonatal characteristics and maternal angiogenic factors in normotensive pregnanciesAnne Cathrine Staff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 143:29-33. 2009..The aim of this study was to explore whether preeclampsia risk factors are associated with maternal angiogenic profile in normotensive pregnancies...
- Clinical features and mutations in the ENG, ACVRL1, and SMAD4 genes in Korean patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaSeung Tae Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Genetics, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:69-76. 2009..Although mutations in the endoglin (ENG) and activin A receptor type II-like 1 (ACVRL1) genes have been known to cause HHT for more than 10 yr, ..
- Endoglin in African children with Plasmodium falciparum malaria: a novel player in severe malaria pathogenesis?Anelia Dietmann
Clinical Department of Neurology, Innsbruck Medical University, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Infect Dis 200:1842-8. 2009..Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) family members are important regulators of inflammation that influence malaria pathogenesis. The soluble form of the auxiliary receptor endoglin (sEng) may play a role in malaria pathogenesis.
- Allelic variations in angiogenic pathway genes are associated with preeclampsiaSindhu K Srinivas
Maternal and Child Health Research Program, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:445.e1-11. 2010..This study investigates the association of allelic variation in angiogenic pathway genes and preeclampsia...
- [Serum soluble Endoglin, plasma endothelin-1 and coagulation function in early onset severe preeclampsia with organ dysfunction]Li Jun Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Hospital, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300211, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 22:371-4. 2010To investigate the expression levels of serum soluble Endoglin (sEng), plasma endothelin-1 (ET-1) and coagulation function in patients suffering from early onset severe preeclampsia with organ dysfunction, and to analyze the clinical ..
- Critical role of endoglin in tumor cell plasticity of Ewing sarcoma and melanomaE Pardali
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Centre for Biomedical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Oncogene 30:334-45. 2011..We demonstrate here that the transforming growth factor (TGF)-β co-receptor endoglin, an endothelial cell marker, is expressed by tumor cells and its expression correlates with tumor cell plasticity ..
- Soluble fms-Like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt1), endoglin and placental growth factor (PlGF) in preeclampsia among high risk pregnanciesRobert W Powers
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13263. 2010Differences in circulating concentrations of antiangiogenic factors sFlt1 and soluble endoglin (sEng) and the pro-angiogenic growth factor PlGF are reported to precede the onset of preeclampsia weeks to months in low-risk pregnant women...
- Endoglin promotes TGF-β/Smad1 signaling in scleroderma fibroblastsErin Morris
Medical University of South Carolina, Division of Rheumatology, Charleston, SC, USA
J Cell Physiol 226:3340-8. 2011..The goal of this study was to determine the role of endoglin/ALK1 in TGF-β/Smad1 signaling in SSc fibroblasts...
- Endoglin regulates cancer-stromal cell interactions in prostate tumorsDiana Romero
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
Cancer Res 71:3482-93. 2011b>Endoglin is an accessory receptor for TGF-β that has been implicated in prostate cancer cell detachment, migration, and invasiveness...
- Soluble endoglin specifically binds bone morphogenetic proteins 9 and 10 via its orphan domain, inhibits blood vessel formation, and suppresses tumor growthRoselyne Castonguay
Acceleron Pharma, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 286:30034-46. 2011b>Endoglin (CD105), a transmembrane protein of the transforming growth factor β superfamily, plays a crucial role in angiogenesis. Mutations in endoglin result in the vascular defect known as hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT1)...
- Maternal plasma concentrations of angiogenic/anti-angiogenic factors are of prognostic value in patients presenting to the obstetrical triage area with the suspicion of preeclampsiaTinnakorn Chaiworapongsa
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD NIH DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:1187-207. 2011To determine whether maternal plasma concentrations of placental growth factor (PlGF), soluble endoglin (sEng), soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 (sVEGFR-1) and -2 could identify patients at risk for developing ..
- 5'UTR mutations of ENG cause hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaKristy Damjanovich
ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Orphanet J Rare Dis 6:85. 2011..of the patients have a mutation in the coding region of the activin A receptor type II-like 1 (ACVRL1) or Endoglin (ENG) gene...
- Structural and functional insights into endoglin ligand recognition and bindingAaron Alt
Instituto de Biomedicina de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e29948. 2012b>Endoglin, a type I membrane glycoprotein expressed as a disulfide-linked homodimer on human vascular endothelial cells, is a component of the transforming growth factor (TGF)-β receptor complex and is implicated in a dominant vascular ..
- Endoglin inhibits ERK-induced c-Myc and cyclin D1 expression to impede endothelial cell proliferationChristopher C Pan
Division of Pharmacology, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 424:620-3. 2012b>Endoglin is an endothelial-specific transforming growth factor beta (TGF-β) co-receptor essential for angiogenesis and vascular remodeling...
- Endothelial endoglin is involved in inflammation: role in leukocyte adhesion and transmigrationElisa Rossi
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Raras CIBERER, Madrid, Spain
Blood 121:403-15. 2013Human endoglin is an RGD-containing transmembrane glycoprotein identified in vascular endothelial cells...
- Prognostic significance of angiogenesis evaluated by CD105 expression compared to CD31 in 905 breast carcinomas: correlation with long-term patient outcomeJean Philippe Dales
Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Nord, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Int J Oncol 24:1197-204. 2004..CD105 (endoglin) has been reported as expressed by activated endothelial cells and consequently should better reflect ..
- The loss of endoglin promotes the invasion of extravillous trophoblastsYukio Mano
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya Graduate University School of Medicine, and Department of Maternal and Perinatal Medicine, Nagoya University Hospital, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Endocrinology 152:4386-94. 2011b>Endoglin is a coreceptor for TGF-β, which is expressed in syncytiotrophoblasts. The soluble form of endoglin (sEng) has been observed to increase in the serum of preeclamptic patients...
- Endoplasmic reticulum quality control is involved in the mechanism of endoglin-mediated hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasiaBassam R Ali
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
PLoS ONE 6:e26206. 2011..In the majority of the cases reported, the condition is caused by mutations in either ACVRL1 or endoglin genes, which encode components of the TGF-beta signalling pathway...
- Assessment of the prognostic significance of endoglin (CD105) in clear cell renal cell carcinoma using automated image analysisWilliam Dubinski
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada, M5S 1A8
Hum Pathol 43:1037-43. 2012..Angiogenesis has proven to be a useful prognostic indicator in different malignancies. Endoglin (CD105) is a new marker of angiogenesis found to have prognostic utility in various tumors...
- Endoglin (CD105) expression in angiogenesis of colon cancer: analysis using tissue microarrays and comparison with other endothelial markersRahmawati Minhajat
Department of Pathology and Biodefense, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501, Japan
Virchows Arch 448:127-34. 2006..The present study compares the expression of CD105 with that of other endothelial markers in all tissue layers during the development of colon cancer...
- Characterization of endoglin and identification of novel mutations in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaC L Shovlin
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 61:68-79. 1997..Linkage studies in four of eight families indicated an endoglin (ENG) gene mutation...
- Isolation of novel mesenchymal stem cell subpopulationsBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2009..and MSC subpopulations isolated by flow cytometry based on the expression of CD45, c-kit, Flk-1, Sca-1, CD90, and CD105. Endothelial and cardiomyogenic differentiation will be rigorously quantitated (morphology, immunocytochemistry, ..
- Buddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2016..data, our fundamental hypothesis states that transplantation of antigenically-defined CD45-/c-kit-/Sca- 1+/CD90+/CD105- (abbreviated as CD105-) MSC subpopulation will confer greater reparative and regenerative benefits after ..
- Multipotent lung mesenchymal cells in neonatal lung injuryMarc B Hershenson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The cells are positive for Stro-1, CD73, CD90, CD105 and CD166, but negative for CD34, CD45 and CD11b, suggesting that they are of stromal but not hematopoietic origin...
- Seyedtaghi Takyar; Fiscal Year: 2015..The level of miR-1 was quantified in (CD45-, CD31+) and (CD45-, CD105+) cells separated from total lung by FACS sorting...
- MiR-1 is a Critical Regulator of VEGF-Induced AngiogenesisSeyedtaghi Takyar; Fiscal Year: 2012..The level of miR-1 was quantified in (CD45-, CD31+) and (CD45-, CD105+) cells separated from total lung by FACS sorting...
- Nam Y Lee; Fiscal Year: 2014..effects through the endothelial cell specific TGF-[unreadable] receptor complex, ALK1 (type I receptor) and endoglin (co-receptor), along with the ubiquitous type I TGF-[unreadable] receptor, ALK5, to activate the canonical Smad 1/..
- Mechanism and therapy for arteriovenous malformationSuk Paul Oh; Fiscal Year: 2013..While reduced expression of either Endoglin (ENG) or Activin receptor-like kinase 1 (ALK1) has shown to be associated HHT, the precise pathogenetic ..
- TGFBM2 in Development and DiseaseRosemary J Akhurst; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have identified a gene that interacts with TGFB1 in mice and humans to alter vascular disease progression. Understanding how these molecules interact may ultimately help to design new or better drugs. ..
- Enhancement Of Bone Regeneration From Human Adipose-Derived Stromal CellsBenjamin Levi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Preliminary studies have shown the cell surface marker CD105 to have an increased osteogenic potential in mice and this same marker will be used to identify humans cells with ..
- Mechanical Stimulation of Cells in Photopolymerized GelsStephanie Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 3: Incorporate degradable crosslinks into the hydrogels and examine the macroscopic tissue composition and mechanical properties as a function of loading regimes and degradation profiles. ..
- GENETIC ASPECTS OF PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONJane Morse; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our clinical resources include 100 FPPH families and 5 hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT1) families, four have mutations in activin-like receptor 1 (ALK-1), another gene associated with PPH...
- HCV Strain Variation and HCCAndrea D Branch; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Hua Su; Fiscal Year: 2016..We use viral-mediated focal brain VEGF stimulation of mice with either endoglin (ENG) or activin-like kinase 1 (ALK1) haploinsufficiency...
- Rapid Label-Free Detection of Acute Promyelocytic LeukemiaLydia L Sohn; Fiscal Year: 2012..Senior Personnel, George Anwar, Ph.D. at UC Berkeley will lead in the software and hardware design and packaging of the device for point-of-care. ..
- MYELIN PROTEIN GENE EXPRESSION IN DYSMYELINATING MUTANTSWendy B Macklin; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will have impact for a number of developmental human diseases and will provide insight into how to induce remyelination in adults, in demyelinating diseases such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- MANDY JO SCHMELLA; Fiscal Year: 2014..address significant gaps in our understanding of PE pathophysiology by focusing on improving our understanding of endoglin (ENG) pathway dysregulation in PE...
- Gyongyi Szabo; Fiscal Year: 2016..Arthur McCullough Cleveland Clinic Dr. Laura Nagy Cleveland Clinic Dr. Craig McClain University of Louisville Dr. Mack C. Mitchell, Jr., M.D. U. T. Southwestern Medical School Dr. Gyongyi Szabo University of Massachusetts Medical School ..
- Preclinical Evaluation of the Adjustable Systemic-Pulmonary Artery ShuntMOHAMMAD WAQAR MOHIUDDIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..The applicants completed a novel device to regulate blood flow for this purpose. This study will follow the recommendations from the FDA for a GLP preclinical evaluation and bring the development of this device to clinical trials. ..
- Positive Emotional Processing: Exploring Novel Treatment Targets in Social PhobiaCharles Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long-term goal of this research is to develop interventions that can augment existing treatment approaches in the service of enhancing treatment response and positive social functioning in refractory GSAD patients. ..
- Edward P Ingenito; Fiscal Year: 2016..multipotent stromal cell (LMSC) from lung tissue that expresses the same surface markers (CD44, CD73, CD90, CD105) as multipotent bone marrow stromal cells and displays regenerative capacity following transplantation in mice and ..
- Helen Kim; Fiscal Year: 2016..3, we will demonstrate that (a) genetic variants in IL1ss and TNF are predictors of new ICH after diagnosis;(b) endoglin (ENG) genotype is associated with worsened outcome after index ICH;(c) BDNF genotype is associated with worsened ..
- NISHI PADMAKAR SURYAVANSHI; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Harris H Wang; Fiscal Year: 2015..To this end, the objective of this proposal is to develop an enabling technology platform, named Genome Engineering by Self-..
- Identifying species-specific anti-malarial Hsp90 inhibitors using genetically engLuke J Whitesell; Fiscal Year: 2012..falciparum in infected red blood cells, therefore new drugs that target Hsp90 may provide an excellent method to combat this deadly disease. ..
- DSPP signaling in dentinogenesisShuo Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..3). The NH2-terminal and COOH-terminal domains bind to their receptors, integrin 26 and CD105, on cellular membrane...
- Role of PGE2 receptors in the aging brain after intracerebral hemorrhageJian Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Insight into these receptors may contribute to the basis for therapeutic intervention for intracerebral hemorrhage in the elderly. ..
- 2010 JOINT CONFERENCE OF THE ISES-ISEE, SEOUL, KOREAFrancine Laden; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Fourth International Brain-Computer Interface MeetingTheresa M Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The meeting will end with an informal breakfast plenary session...
- Dynamic Image Analysis of Human Embryonic Stem Cells to Monitor PluripotencyRami Mangoubi; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Andrew D McCulloch; Fiscal Year: 2016..This program trains graduate students at the interfaces between engineering, physical sciences, biological sciences and health sciences to apply modern technologies to these challenges. ..
- Effectiveness of Robotic Compared to Standard Prostatectomy for Prostate CancerMartin G Sanda; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our findings will help determine whether robots improve quality and consistency of performance in the operating room as robots are known to have accomplished in manufacturing. ..
- TAS::75 0849::TAS R&D-OTHER SCIENCES-ENG DEVALEXANDR CHENCHIK; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluation of Airborne Particle Emissions from Commercial Products Containing EngBETSY contact SHELTON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Very Low-Cost C-Scan Ultrasonic ImagingKaren Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Student and Young Researcher Travel Support for the 10th International ConferenceJOSEPH SEYMOUR; Fiscal Year: 2009..PUBLIC HEALTH SIGNIFICANCE STATEMENT (provided by applicant): This project impacts public health by increasing the quality and capability of MRI for diagnostic medical applications. ..
- Enhancing the "Barcode" Readability of Color-Labeled Molecular Tags by Linker EngLanrong Bi; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project has the potential to offer a precise and cost-effective method for large-scale mutation detection involving analysis of a large numbers of genetic polymorphisms across many individuals. ..
- Functional and Tissue Specific Effects of VHL MutationsWENDY RATHMELL; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Disability in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will be used to develop interventions designed to improve lower extremity functioning and prevent functional decline in persons with PAD. ..
- Novel Thrombectomy Catheter for Ischemic StrokeGUIREN WANG; Fiscal Year: 2004..This approach can also be readily extended to other thrombectomy applications such as in cardiac circulation, peripheral vasculature etc. ..
- Michael J Krische; Fiscal Year: 2016..Z. J. Nat. Prod. 1998, 61, 1053. (3) "Chiral Drugs," Stinson, S. C. Chem. Eng. News 1998, 76 (Sept. 21), 83. (4) "The Impact of Chiral Technology on the Pharmaceutical Industry," Richards, A.; McCague, R. Chem. Ind. 1997, June 2, 422. ..
- A Platform for Optical Nanomachining and Nanoablation, for Biomedical Eng & BasicAlan J Hunt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Application of this instrumentation to an even broader range of biomedical studies involving additional investigators will be actively investigated and encouraged. ..
- Third International BCI MeetingTHERESA VAUGHAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL BASIS FOR DEVELOPMENT OF COORDINATED BEHAVIORSANNE BEKOFF; Fiscal Year: 1990..The mechanisms used in chicks are likely to be general ones, found throughout the vertebrates, including humans...
- EVALUATION OF THE HIV-1 SUBTYPE C ISOLATES FROM INDIANafees Ahmad; Fiscal Year: 2002..The information obtained may be useful in designing vaccination strategies againts HIV-1 subtype C and in developing intervention strategies to limit its perinatal transmission. ..
- FOLLOWUP OF ADULTS WITH A KNOWN INFANT FEEDING HISTORYEKHARD ZEIGLER; Fiscal Year: 2000..This is the only group with adequate records known to be available. Moreover, this is the group on which the formula manufacturers have elected to support research. ..
- R&D-OTHER SCIENCES-ENG DEVMarc Abrams; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- 2004 Signal Transduction by Eng. Extracel. MatricesDavid Mooney; Fiscal Year: 2004..A special effort will be made to use the financial support requested to facilitate the attendance and participation of women and minorities in this meeting. ..
- Portable C-scan Ultrasound for Rapid Vascular AccessKaren Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research is a collaborative effort between PocketSonics, Inc. and the University of Virginia Departments of Biomedical Eng. and Electrical and Computer Eng. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MICROMAGNETIC RESONANCE ELASTOGRAPHYRICHARD MAGIN; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Anisotropy and Nonlinearity of Cartilage MechanicsGerard Ateshian; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL CIRCUITRY OF THE KIDNEYMark Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CONTROL OF SPINAL LOCOMOTOR ACTIVITY BY MONOAMINESBRIAN NOGA; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- One dimensional transport equations for CE systems by asymptotic homogenizationSandip Ghosal; Fiscal Year: 2009..The emergence of such devices would have an enormous impact on human health as they would enable biochemical analyses (such as DNA sequencing) that currently take months or years to be completed in minutes. ..
- Targeted Cellular Repair of Articular CartilageJames Dennis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of these studies is to develop a treatment for osteoarthritis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Determinants of Coronary Artery DiseaseQing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004..To this end, recently, in a large pedigree with autosomal dominant CAD/MI, we identified a specific MEF2A mutation (21-bp ..
- Effect of hormonal contraception on bone mineral densityAbbey Berenson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, this study will determine which women, if any, are placed at increased risk of osteopenia or osteoporosis as a result of using these hormonal contraceptives during their reproductive years. ..
- Targeting Placental Pathophysiology in IUGR and PreeclampsiaSeth Guller; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, we feel that despite modifications to the original research plan, our application provides an exciting and novel framework for elucidating pathways of placental damage in IUGR and PE. ..
- MECHANISMS OF BIOENGINEERED SKIN IN HUMAN WOUNDSVincent Falanga; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will advance our understanding of how a bioengineered skin product works in a human chronic wound and provide insight into further bioengineering needs. ..
- PKD Family Kinases and Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisHua Tang; Fiscal Year: 2008..b>End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: [unreadable] [unreadable] This proposal is designed ..
- RADIATION ARTERIOPATHY IN A TRANSGENIC AV FISTULA MODELMichael Lawton; Fiscal Year: 2004..If NO and TGF-01 are involved in the radiation arteriopathy of AVMs, they might be used to enhance the efficacy of conventional stereotactic radiosurgery as part of a gene therapy for high-grade cerebral AVMs. ..
- PATHOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF THE PLASMINOGEN SYSTEMVictoria Ploplis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The hypothesis is that cardiac fibrosis will be regulated by urokinase activity and other functions of PAI-I which will be further pursued in future studies of mice expressing functional mutations of PAI-1. ..
- STEM-LIKE CELLS AND TUMORGENICITY IN OSTEOSARCOMACHARLES JR GIBBS; Fiscal Year: 2007..demonstration of the contribution of stem-like cells in the tumorigenesis of osteosarcomas and provide a foundation upon which to base large scale investigations suitable for an R01 level application [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biophysical Modeling of Solute Transport in Human IVDWeiyong Gu; Fiscal Year: 2008..A plan for sharing and disseminating the theory, techniques, and data developed in this research is also included. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIV-1 in macrophages: Role in AID's DementiaMARY POTASH; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Fibroproliferation in Bronchiolitis Obliterans SyndromeVibha Lama; Fiscal Year: 2008..Martinez MD, MS and Marc Peters-Golden MD, both of whom are well-funded researchers with a long track record of mentoring. ..
- Tissue Engineering for the Treatment of Delayed HealingVincent Falanga; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will advance our understanding of how to reconstitute the wound bed and whether it is possible to correct the abnormal cellular phenotype in non-healing wounds. ..
- IMMUNE MECHANISMS IN PRISTANE INDUCED LUPUS NEPHRITISWestley Reeves; Fiscal Year: 2003..Future studies will address the question of whether renal abnormalities similar to those induced by pristane are involved in the pathogenesis of human lupus nephritis. ..
- Novel Quantitative Technology for Tissue EngineeringChun Yuh Charles Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this project, a new bioreactor system will be designed and fabricated. New methods and techniques for characterizing of mechano-electrochemical properties of the engineered tissue will be developed. ..
- HIV pathogenesis in a model of human brain developmentMARY POTASH; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultimately, results obtained in this system can be confirmed in primary cells or by evaluation of the expression of specific gene products in the HIV-infected brain. ..
- Mode of virus transmission into the brain in a mouse model of HIV-infecionMARY POTASH; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Macrophage model of the sanctuary of HIV in the brainMARY POTASH; Fiscal Year: 2008..5) To determine whether HIV-1 infected or uninfected macrophages/microglia cells express acute or chronic response proteins in the brains of infected persons suffering had or infected persons without brain disease. ..