Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CCL28
Description: C-C motif chemokine ligand 28
Alias: CCK1, MEC, SCYA28, C-C motif chemokine 28, CC chemokine CCL28, chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 28 splice variant chi, mucosae-associated epithelial chemokine, small inducible cytokine A28, small inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys-Cys), member 28
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- CCL28 has dual roles in mucosal immunity as a chemokine with broad-spectrum antimicrobial activityKunio Hieshima
Department of Microbiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka Sayama, Osaka, Japan
J Immunol 170:1452-61. 2003b>CCL28 is a CC chemokine signaling via CCR10 and CCR3 that is selectively expressed in certain mucosal tissues such as exocrine glands, trachea, and colon. Notably, these tissues commonly secrete low-salt fluids...
- CCR10 expression is a common feature of circulating and mucosal epithelial tissue IgA Ab-secreting cellsEric J Kunkel
Laboratory of Immunology and Vascular Biology, Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Clin Invest 111:1001-10. 2003..Epithelial cells in diverse gastrointestinal and nonintestinal mucosal tissues express the chemokine MEC/CCL28. Here we demonstrate that CCR10, a receptor for MEC, is selectively expressed by IgA Ab-secreting cells (large s/..
- Epithelial inflammation is associated with CCL28 production and the recruitment of regulatory T cells expressing CCR10Bertus Eksteen
Liver Research Laboratories, Medical Research Council for Immune Regulation, Institute for Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
J Immunol 177:593-603. 2006..The CCR10+ Tregs were detected around bile ducts that expressed increased levels of the CCR10 ligand CCL28. CCL28 was secreted by primary human cholangiocytes in vitro in response to LPS, IL-1beta, or bile acids...
- Identification of a novel chemokine (CCL28), which binds CCR10 (GPR2)W Wang
Department of Immunobiology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Biol Chem 275:22313-23. 2000We report the identification and characterization of a novel CC chemokine designated CCL28 and its receptor CCR10, known previously as orphan G-protein-coupled receptor GPR2...
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of minor salivary glands: a clinical study of 16 cases and review of the literatureK Triantafillidou
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dentistry School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Oral Dis 12:364-70. 2006Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) is the most common malignant tumor of salivary glands with a widely diverse biologic behavior that is correlated with the histological grade of the tumor...
- [A case of staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome caused by exfoliative toxin-B producing MRSA]S Yokota
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama City University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:206-10. 1996..aureus was demonstrated to be methicillin-resistant (MRSA), which was further defined to be positive for mec A gene by PCR method...
- [Isolation of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 from processed salmon roe associated with the outbreaks in Japan, 1998, and a molecular typing of the isolates by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis]Y Asai
Department of Bacteriology and Pathology, Kanagawa Prefectural Public Health Laboratory
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 73:20-4. 1999..pre-enriched in trypticase soy broth (TSB) at 36 degrees C for 6 h and novobiocin-supplemented modified EC broth (mEC-NB) at 42 degrees C for 18 h...
- Molecules that mediate touch transduction in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansM Driscoll
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08855, USA
Gravit Space Biol Bull 10:33-42. 1997..b>mec-4 and mec-10 encode members of a C...
- Distinct roles of yeast MEC and RAD checkpoint genes in transcriptional induction after DNA damage and implications for functionG L Kiser
Molecular and Cellular Biology Department, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Mol Biol Cell 7:703-18. 1996..The conclusion that the yeast MEC1 gene is a key regulator also has implications for the role of a putative human homologue, the ATM gene...
- Phase II trial with alternating two drug schedules, CAP/MEC', for advanced (stage III Mo/M1) non-small-cell lung cancerD Tummarello
Tumori 75:486-8. 1989..The combinations were cisplatin, adriamycin and cyclophosphamide (CAP) and methotrexate, etoposide and CCNU (MEC')...
- Cholinergic regulation of the central nucleus of the amygdala in rats: effects of local microinjections of cholinomimetics and cholinergic antagonists on arousal and sleepL D Sanford
Sleep Research Laboratory, Department of Pathology and Anatomy, Eastern Virginia Medical School, P O Box 1980, Norfolk, VA 23501, USA
Neuroscience 141:2167-76. 2006..3 microg; SCO(H): 1.0 microg), the nicotinic antagonist, mecamylamine (MEC(L): 0.3 microg; MEC(H): 1.0 microg) and saline (SAL, 0.2 microl) alone...
- Differences between "classical" risk factors for infections caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and risk factors for nosocomial bloodstream infections caused by multiple clones of the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec type IVPaula M Vidal
Department of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Infection Control, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:139-45. 2009To identify risk factors associated with nosocomial bloodstream infections caused by multiple clones of the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) type IV strain of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Effects of subunit selective nACh receptors on operant ethanol self-administration and relapse-like ethanol-drinking behaviorAlexander Kuzmin
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Drug Dependence, Karolinska University Hospital, Bldg M1 01, 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 203:99-108. 2009..MII (alphaCtxMII, alpha(3)beta(2)*, beta(3)*, alpha(6)*), were compared to those of systemic mecamylamine (MEC, an allosteric negative modulator of the nAChR), dihydro-beta-erythroidine (DHbetaE, alpha(4)beta(2)*), and ..
- Intracerebroventricular administration of PD 140.548 N-methyl-D-glucamine attenuates the release of cortisol and catecholamines induced by duodenal distension in the sheepB F Kania
Experimental and Clinical Physio Pharmacological Laboratory, Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural University of Warsaw, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 8:183-93. 2005..548 N-methyl-D-glucamine (a specific peptide antagonist of a CCK1 receptor) premedication on mechanographical reticulo-ruminal activity, animal general behaviour, catecholamines (CA)..
- Efficacy of enrichment broths in the recovery of freeze-injured Escherichia coli O157:H7 in inoculated ground beef by PCRW C Lionberg
R and F Laboratories, 245 West Roosevelt Road, Building 3, Unit 16, West Chicago, Illinois 60185, USA
J Food Prot 66:1911-5. 2003..peptone water with vancomycin, cefsulodin, and cefixime (BPW-VCC), 225 ml of modified EC broth plus novobiocin (mEC+n), and 225 ml of R&F enrichment broth (R&F-EB) and aerobically incubated at 41 to 42 degrees C...
- [Epidemiology of cognitive deterioration in the institutionalized geriatric population of the socio-sanitary centers in the city of Barcelona]M Boada
, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Rev Neurol 23:174-80. 1995..The age, the fact that the patients were female, illiteracy and working as house-wives all made for low MEC ratings...
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the cervix: another tumor with the t(11;19)-associated CRTC1-MAML2 gene fusionJochen K M Lennerz
Divisions of Anatomic and Molecular Pathology, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:835-43. 2009Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) of the uterine cervix is a controversial entity...
- Pharmacokinetics of dexloxiglumide after administration of single and repeat oral escalating doses in healthy young malesS Persiani
Rotta Research Laboratorium, Monza, Italy
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 40:198-206. 2002To assess the pharmacokinetics, safety and tolerability of dexloxiglumide, a new CCK1 receptor antagonist currently under development for the treatment of the constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome.
- beta-Catenin nuclear accumulation in head and neck mucoepidermoid carcinoma: its role in cyclin D1 overexpression and tumor progressionHideki Shiratsuchi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Head Neck 29:577-84. 2007..and cyclin D1 in this pathway has not been previously studied in head and neck mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC)...
- A comprehensive analysis of common genetic variation in prolactin (PRL) and PRL receptor (PRLR) genes in relation to plasma prolactin levels and breast cancer risk: the multiethnic cohortSulggi A Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Med Genet 8:72. 2007..Prospective epidemiological studies have also shown that women with higher circulating PRL levels have an increase in risk of breast cancer, suggesting that variability in PRL may also be important in determining a woman's risk...
- The origin of a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolate at a neonatal ward in Sweden-possible horizontal transfer of a staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec between methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus aureusC Berglund
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:1048-56. 2008..methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) strain originated when a staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) with the gene mecA was integrated into the chromosome of a susceptible S. aureus cell...
- Phase 2 trial results with the novel neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist casopitant in combination with ondansetron and dexamethasone for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in cancer patients receiving moderately emetogenic chemotheraWichit Arpornwirat
Department of Medicine, National Cancer Institute, Bangkok, Thailand
Cancer 115:5807-16. 2009..the neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist casopitant mesylate in combination with ondansetron/dexamethasone (ond/dex) for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV) related to moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (MEC).
- Identification in methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus hominis of an active primordial mobile genetic element for the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusYuki Katayama
Department of Bacteriology, Faculty of Medicine, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
J Bacteriol 185:2711-22. 2003..gene mecA is carried by a novel type of mobile genetic element, SCCmec (staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec), in the chromosome of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)...
- New developments in the molecular pathogenesis of head and neck tumors: a review of tumor-specific fusion oncogenes in mucoepidermoid carcinoma, adenoid cystic carcinoma, and NUT midline carcinomaFeriyl Bhaijee
Department of Pathology, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 15:69-77. 2011..been identified in various uncommon, aggressive head and neck malignancies, including mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC), adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC), and NUT midline carcinoma (NMC)...
- Palonosetron versus other 5-HT₃ receptor antagonists for prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in patients with hematologic malignancies treated with emetogenic chemotherapy in a hospital outpatient setting in the United StatesChris Craver
Premier Inc, 2320 Cascade Pointe Blvd, Charlotte, NC, USA
J Med Econ 14:341-9. 2011..receptor antagonists (RAs) in patients diagnosed with hematologic malignancies (lymphoma and leukemia) and receiving highly emetogenic chemotherapy (HEC) or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (MEC) in a hospital outpatient setting.
- The RNA moiety of chick embryo 5-methylcytosine- DNA glycosylase targets DNA demethylationJ P Jost
Friedrich Miescher Institute, PO Box 2543, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 25:4545-50. 1997We have previously shown that DNA demethylation by chick embryo 5-methylcytosine (5-MeC)-DNA glycosylase needs both protein and RNA. RNA from enzyme purified by SDS-PAGE was isolated and cloned...
- Different pathways mediated by CCK1 and CCK2 receptors: effect of intraperitonal mrna antisense oligodeoxynucleotides to cholecystokinin on anxiety-like and learning behaviors in ratsHagit Cohen
Ministry of Health Mental Health Center, Anxiety and Stress Research Unit, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Depress Anxiety 20:139-52. 2004..p.) administration of ASODN to preproCCK in the presence of antagonists to CCK1 and CCK2 receptor subtypes to further elucidate the roles of these two receptors and better understand the effects ..
- Evaluation of the pear ester kairomone as a formulation additive for the granulovirus of codling moth (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) in pome fruitS P Arthurs
USDA ARS, Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory, 5230 Konnowac Pass Rd, Wapato, WA 98951, USA
J Econ Entomol 100:702-9. 2007..to evaluate a 5% active ingredient (AI), microencapsulated formulation of pear ester (PE-MEC) as an insecticidal additive for the codling moth granulovirus (CpGV)...
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in coagulase-negative staphylococci and relationship to drug resistanceElvira Garza-Gonzalez
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey Nuevo Leon 64460, Mexico
J Med Microbiol 59:323-9. 2010The objective of this study was to determine the distribution of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) elements in meticillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci (MR-CoNS) isolated from a tertiary-care hospital in Mexico ..
- Detection of biofilm-producing and methicillin resistance genes in Staphylococcus epidermidis isolated from healthy humans and in blood culture testsTakashi Kitao
Ehime Prefectural University of Health Sciences, Tobecho, Iyogun, Ehime, Japan
J Infect Chemother 16:170-3. 2010The detection of biofilm-producing (ica AB) and methicillin resistance genes (mec A) was investigated in 70 blood culture isolates of Staphylococcus epidermidis and in 66 and 51 isolates from human hands and the vestibules of the nose, ..
- Relationship between meconium staining and amniotic fluid volume in term pregnanciesSean C Blackwell
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:78-82. 2002Our purpose was to evaluate the relationship between meconium-stained amniotic fluid (MEC-AF) and amniotic fluid volume (AFV) and their impact on the risk of cesarean delivery for fetal indications in term pregnancies.
- SR146131: a new potent, orally active, and selective nonpeptide cholecystokinin subtype 1 receptor agonist. I. In vitro studiesE Bignon
Sanofi Recherche, Toulouse Cedex, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 289:742-51. 1999..Hunter (BH)-sulfated cholecystokinin octapeptide (CCK-8S) for the human recombinant cholecystokinin subtype 1 (CCK1) receptor (IC50 = 0.56 nM) with high (300-fold) selectivity to the CCK2 receptor...
- Distribution of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) types I, II, III and IV in coagulase-negative staphylococci from patients attending a tertiary hospital in southern BrazilAlice Beatriz Mombach Pinheiro Machado
Unidade de Microbiologia e Biologia Molecular, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre 90 035 903, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 56:1328-33. 2007..Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) typing is essential for understanding the molecular epidemiology of meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus ..
- Critical roles of mecamylamine-sensitive mushroom body neurons in insect olfactory learningHidehiro Watanabe
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8577, Japan
Neurobiol Learn Mem 95:1-13. 2011..In cockroaches, a type of nicotinic ACh receptor specifically antagonized by mecamylamine (MEC) has been characterized...
- Estrogen receptor-alpha and -beta expression in microvascular endothelial cells and smooth muscle cells of myometrium and leiomyomaCaroline E Gargett
Centre for Women s Health Research, Monash University Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Mol Hum Reprod 8:770-5. 2002..aims of the present study were to determine whether pure populations of myometrial microvascular endothelial cells (MEC) express ERalpha and ERbeta, to compare MEC ERalpha/ERbeta expression with that of pure populations of myometrial ..
- Reactivity of ammonia ligands of the antitumor agent cisplatin: a unique dodecanuclear Pt4,Pd4,Ag4 platform for four cytosine model nucleobasesGunnar Kampf
Fakultat Chemie, Technische Universitat Dortmund, Otto Hahn Strasse 6, Dortmund, Germany
Chemistry 14:6882-91. 2008The reaction of a potential mono(nucleobase) model adduct of cisplatin, cis-[Pt(NH(3))(2)(1-MeC-N3)(H(2)O)](2+) (6; 1-MeC: 1-methylcytosine), with the electrophile [Pd(en)(H(2)O)(2)](2+) (en: ethylenediamine) at pH approximately 6 yields ..
- [Epidemiology of cognitive deterioration in geriatric population of 'Casals d' Avis' in the city of Barcelona]M Boada
, , Barcelona
Rev Neurol 23:166-73. 1995..67%. Age, female sex, being widowed or single, and illiteracy are associated with low scoring in the MEC. It is also associated with subjective loss of memory and hearing difficulties...
- Molecular cloning, expression and pharmacological characterization of the canine cholecystokinin 1 receptorMagda Francesca Morton
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Br J Pharmacol 145:374-84. 20051 The full-length, canine cholecystokinin 1 (CCK1) receptor was cloned from gallbladder tissue using RT-PCR with a combination of primers designed to interact with conserved regions of the human and rat CCK1 receptor, which also shared ..
- The nicotinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist mecamylamine prevents escalation of cocaine self-administration in rats with extended daily accessStephen T Hansen
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, L470, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 S W Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 194:53-61. 2007..Nicotine and cocaine are commonly coabused drugs in humans and recent work in animals suggests that activation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChR) can increase cocaine self-administration...
- [Study on mec gene in methicillin-resistant staphylococci]T Yokoyama
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:1203-10. 1993..In 28 strains of MSSA and two strains of methicillin with MIC of 6.25 micrograms/ml, all of the mec genes (mecA, mecR1 and mecI) were not detected...
- Introduction of the mec element (methicillin resistance) into Staphylococcus aureus alters in vitro functional activities of fibrinogen and fibronectin adhesinsP E Vaudaux
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:564-70. 1998..To evaluate the impact of methicillin resistance (mec) determinants on bacterial adhesion mediated by fibrinogen or fibronectin adhesins, we compared the in vitro ..
- Primary mucoepidermoid carcinoma and sclerosing mucoepidermoid carcinoma with eosinophilia of the thyroid gland: a report of nine casesZ W Baloch
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Mod Pathol 13:802-7. 2000..Two types of tumors have been described under this category: mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) and sclerosing mucoepidermoid carcinoma with eosinophilia (SMECE)...
- 5-Methylcytosine DNA glycosylase activity is also present in the human MBD4 (G/T mismatch glycosylase) and in a related avian sequenceB Zhu
Friedrich Miescher Institut, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 28:4157-65. 2000..The recombinant proteins from human and chicken have G/T mismatch as well as 5-methylcytosine (5-MeC) DNA glycosylase activities...
- Expression of mucosal chemokines TECK/CCL25 and MEC/CCL28 during fetal development of the ovine mucosal immune systemFrancois Meurens
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Immunology 120:544-55. 2007CCL25/TECK and CCL28/MEC are CC chemokines primarily expressed in thymic dendritic cells and mucosal epithelial cells. The cognate receptors of CCL25 and CCL28, CCR9 and CCR10, respectively, are mainly expressed on T and B lymphocytes...
- Differential contribution of kainate receptors to excitatory postsynaptic currents in superficial layer neurons of the rat medial entorhinal cortexP J West
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Neuroscience 146:1000-12. 2007..studies have revealed the presence of kainate receptor (KAR) mRNA in neurons of the rat medial entorhinal cortex (mEC), the functional presence and roles of these receptors are only beginning to be examined...
- Role of CCK and potential utility of CCK1 receptor antagonism in the treatment of pancreatitis induced by biliary tract obstructionT D Barrett
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C, San Diego, CA, USA
Br J Pharmacol 153:1650-8. 2008..However, it is not clear to what extent this occurs in the early stages of pancreatitis induced by biliary tract obstruction in the rat and whether CCK initiates an inflammatory cascade in this condition...
- Study of FHIT and WWOX expression in mucoepidermoid carcinoma and adenoid cystic carcinoma of salivary glandNazmiye Dincer
Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Ankara, Turkey
Oral Oncol 46:195-9. 2010Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) and adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC) are salivary gland neoplasms with divergent morphological features and clinical behavior. ACC is a basaloid tumor whereas MEC is a glandular epithelial neoplasm...
- Analysis of Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec in Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus sciuri: identification of a novel ccr gene complex with a newly identified ccrA allotype (ccrA7)Noriko Urushibara
Department of Hygiene, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Microb Drug Resist 17:291-7. 2011..chromosome of the mecA gene, which is located on a mobile genetic element called staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec)...
- COMPARISON OF DIFFERENT PHENOTYPIC METHODS OF DETECTION OF METHICILLIN RESISTANCE IN Staphylococcus aureus WITH THE MOLECULAR DETECTION OF mec-A GENEMohammad Zeeshan
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 17:666-70. 2007..agar screening plate (6microg/ml ) for early and accurate identification of MRSA by comparing with the detection of mec-A gene in our clinical isolates. Design: A comparative study...
- Evaluation of the role of three candidate human kinases in the conversion of the hepatitis C virus inhibitor 2'-C-methyl-cytidine to its 5'-monophosphate metaboliteNina L Golitsina
Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 60 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Antiviral Res 85:470-81. 2010..One such molecule, 2'-C-methyl-cytidine (2'-MeC), entered clinical development as NM283, a valine ester prodrug form of 2'-MeC possessing improved oral ..
- Synthesis and structure of intermediates in copper-catalyzed alkylation of diphenylphosphineMatthew F Cain
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Inorg Chem 49:7650-62. 2010..Treatment of [Cu(NCMe)(4)][PF(6)] (1) with chelating ligands gave [CuL(NCMe)][PF(6)] (2; L = MeC(CH(2)PPh(2))(3) (triphos), 3; L = 9,9-dimethyl-4,5-bis(diphenylphosphino)xanthene (XantPhos))...
- Normal ultrasonic evaluation of amniotic fluid in low-risk patients at termThomas D Myles
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Texas Tech Health Sciences Center, 1400 Wallace Boulevard, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
J Reprod Med 47:621-4. 2002....
- Cholecystokinin (CCK) stimulates aldosterone secretion from human adrenocortical cells via CCK2 receptors coupled to the adenylate cyclase/protein kinase A signaling cascadeG Mazzocchi
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Section of Anatomy, University of Padua, I 35121 Padua, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1277-84. 2004Cholecystokinin (CCK) IS a regulatory peptide that acts via two receptor subtypes, CCK1-R and CCK2-R...
- Expression of caveolin-1 in mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the salivary glands: correlation with vascular endothelial growth factor, microvessel density, and clinical outcomeLu Shi
Key Laboratory for Oral Biomedical Engineering, Ministry of Education, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Cancer 109:1523-31. 2007..The clinicopathologic significance of caveolin-1 expression and its correlation with angiogenesis remains unknown in mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) of the salivary glands.
- 3-[5-(3,4-Dichloro-phenyl)-1-(4-methoxy-phenyl)-1H-pyrazol-3-yl]-2-m-tolyl-propionate (JNJ-17156516), a novel, potent, and selective cholecystokinin 1 receptor antagonist: in vitro and in vivo pharmacological comparison with dexloxiglumideMagda F Morton
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development L L C, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:562-9. 2007..96 +/- 0.11), rat (pK(I) = 8.02 +/- 0.11), and canine (pK(I) = 7.98 +/- 0.04) CCK1 receptors, and it was also highly selective for the CCK1 receptor compared with the CCK2 receptor across the same ..
- Sanfilippo syndrome type B, a lysosomal storage disease, is also a tauopathyKazuhiro Ohmi
Department of Biological Chemistry, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:8332-7. 2009..vacuolation of lysosomal storage of undegraded substrate, but neurons in the medial entorhinal cortex (MEC) display accumulation of several additional substances...
- Typing of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec encoding methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated at the bone marrow transplant centre of TunisiaO Bouchami
Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse, Laboratory Service, Tunis, Tunisia
Curr Microbiol 59:380-5. 2009Staphylococcal Cassette Chromosome mec (SCCmec) is a mobile genetic element that carries the gene mecA mediating the methicillin resistance in staphylococci. It is composed of mec and ccr gene complexes...
- CC chemokine ligands 25 and 28 play essential roles in intestinal extravasation of IgA antibody-secreting cellsKunio Hieshima
Department of Microbiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Immunol 173:3668-75. 2004CCL25 (also known as thymus-expressed chemokine) and CCL28 (also known as mucosae-associated epithelial chemokine) play important roles in mucosal immunity by recruiting IgA Ab-secreting cells (ASCs) into mucosal lamina propria...
- Measuring topology of low-intensity DNA methylation sites for high-throughput assessment of epigenetic drug-induced effects in cancer cellsArkadiusz Gertych
Translational Cytomics Group, Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Exp Cell Res 316:3150-60. 2010..The cells were studied by immunofluorescence with a specific antibody against 5-methylcytosine (MeC), and 4,6-diamidino-2-phenylindole (DAPI) for delineation of methylated sites and global DNA in nuclei...
- FemA, a host-mediated factor essential for methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus: molecular cloning and characterizationB Berger-Bachi
Institute of Medical Microbiology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Gen Genet 219:263-9. 1989The methicillin resistance determinant (mec) in Staphylococcus aureus resides on additional DNA not present in isogenic sensitive cells...
- Effect of continuous milking and prostaglandin E2 on milk production and mammary epithelial cell turnover, ultrastructure, and gene expressionE L Annen
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
J Anim Sci 86:1132-44. 2008Mammary epithelial cell (MEC) growth is reduced in continuously milked (CM) mammary glands, and administration of a mammogenic compound such as prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) at parturition might improve MEC growth in CM tissue...
- Insulin-Like growth factor I (IGF-I) and cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate regulate IGF-binding protein-3 gene expression by transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms in mammary epithelial cellsW S Cohick
Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick 08901, USA
Endocrinology 141:4583-91. 2000Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) is a potent mitogen for both normal and transformed mammary epithelial cells (MEC), and IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) potentiates IGF-I action in these cells...
- Hydrogen production in a single chamber microbial electrolysis cell lacking a membraneDouglas Call
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:3401-6. 2008..It has been assumed that a membrane is needed in an MEC to avoid hydrogen losses due to bacterial consumption of the product gas...
- Hydrogen and methane production from swine wastewater using microbial electrolysis cellsRachel C Wagner
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, 212 Sackett Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Water Res 43:1480-8. 2009..Hydrogen can theoretically be produced from wastewater by electrohydrogenesis in a microbial electrolysis cell (MEC) or by fermentation. Using a single-chamber MEC with a graphite-fiber brush anode, hydrogen gas was generated at 0...
- Epithelial sodium channel related to proteins involved in neurodegenerationC M Canessa
Institut de Pharmacologie et de Toxicologie de l Université, Lausanne, Switzerland
Nature 361:467-70. 1993..The gene encoding this rat sodium channel subunit shares significant sequence similarity with mec-4 and deg-1, members of a family of Caenorhabditis elegans genes involved in sensory touch transduction and, when ..
- Sequence and properties of mecA, a negative regulator of genetic competence in Bacillus subtilisL Kong
Public Health Research Institute, New York, New York 10016
Mol Microbiol 9:365-73. 1993..In complex media competence development is poor, and there is little or no expression of late competence genes. mec mutations permit competence development and late competence gene expression in complex media, and bypass the ..
- Measurements and model of the cat middle ear: evidence of tympanic membrane acoustic delayS Puria
Eaton Peabody Laboratory of Auditory Physiology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston 02114, USA
J Acoust Soc Am 104:3463-81. 1998..near the tympanic membrane is studied for three anesthetized cat ears after widely opening the ME cavities (MEC). Three conditions were measured: intact ossicles, drained cochlea, and disarticulated stapes...
- Structural comparison of three types of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec integrated in the chromosome in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusT Ito
Department of Bacteriology, Juntendo University, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1323-36. 2001..Staphylococcus aureus is carried by a novel mobile genetic element, designated staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec), identified in the chromosome of a Japanese methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) strain...
- The emergence and evolution of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusK Hiramatsu
Department of Bacteriology, Juntendo University, 2 1 1 Hongo Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Trends Microbiol 9:486-93. 2001..Integration of a staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) element into the chromosome converts drug-sensitive S...
- The evolution of pandemic clones of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: identification of two ancestral genetic backgrounds and the associated mec elementsD C Oliveira
Laboratory of Microbiology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Microb Drug Resist 7:349-61. 2001..The data allow tentative identification of an evolutionary pathway for the emergence of pandemic MRSA clones and also provide evidence for the multiple, yet restricted, numbers of acquisition of the mec element by S. aureus.
- Intermolecular interactions between cholecystokinin-8 and the third extracellular loop of the cholecystokinin-2 receptorCraig Giragossian
Department of Chemistry, Division of Biology and Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Biochemistry 41:4560-6. 2002..results, with CCK-8 in close proximity to TM7, differ from previous structural studies of CCK-8 association with CCK1-R, in which the ligand formed a number of interactions with TM6...
- Cyclic tetramers composed of rhodium(III), iridium(III), or ruthenium(II) half-sandwich and 6-purinethionesKazuaki Yamanari
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, 1 16 Machikaneyama cho, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
Inorg Chem 41:6824-30. 2002..complexes [[M(Cp*)(L)](4)](4+) and [[Ru(II)(L)(cymene)](4)](4+) [Cp* = eta(5)-C(5)Me(5), cymene = eta(6)-p-MeC(6)H(4)Pr(i); M = Rh(III) and Ir(III); HL = 6-purinethione (H(2)put) and 2-amino-6-purinethione (H(2)aput)] were ..
- A comprehensive haplotype analysis of CYP19 and breast cancer risk: the Multiethnic CohortChristopher A Haiman
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1441 Eastlake Ave, Rm 4441, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9175, USA
Hum Mol Genet 12:2679-92. 2003..gene among African-American, Hawaiian, Japanese, Latina and White women in the Multiethnic Cohort Study (MEC). We utilized 74 densely spaced single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) (one every approximately 2...
- Hospital transmission of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus among postpartum womenLisa Saiman
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Clin Infect Dis 37:1313-9. 2003..All were spa type 131, all contained the staphylococcal chromosomal cassette mec type IV, and all expressed Panton-Valentine leukocidin and staphylococcal enterotoxins C and H...
- The effect of modified eros centre, outdoor raising or conventional group housing on breeding gilts and its effects on reproductive performance over four paritiesP Cede
Swine Ethology Studio, Raubbühlstrasse 4, CH 8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
Theriogenology 61:185-94. 2004..The objective of the study was to determine if an indoor modified eros centre (MEC) compared to indoor or outdoor group housing of gilts, influenced the onset of puberty of gilts and the ..
- Mastitis increases mammary mRNA abundance of beta-defensin 5, toll-like-receptor 2 (TLR2), and TLR4 but not TLR9 in cattleT Goldammer
Molecular Biology Research Division, Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals, 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:174-85. 2004..In situ hybridizations revealed that BNBD5 is expressed predominantly in the mammary epithelial cells (MEC) of the infected gland...
- Immortalization of human mammary epithelial cells is associated with inactivation of the p14ARF-p53 pathwayVladimir A Shamanin
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:2144-52. 2004..We analyzed the functionality of the p14(ARF)-p53 pathway in human mammary epithelial cells (MEC) immortalized by human papillomavirus 16 (HPV16) E6, the p53 degradation-defective E6 mutant Y54D, or hTERT...
- Severe community-onset pneumonia in healthy adults caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carrying the Panton-Valentine leukocidin genesJohn S Francis
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:100-7. 2005..aureus (MRSA) carrying Panton-Valentine leukocidin (PVL) genes and the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) type IV indicate that MRSA infections are evolving into a community-related problem...
- An enteric signal regulates putative gastrointestinal presympathetic vasomotor neurons in ratsDaniela M Sartor
Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 290:R625-33. 2006..Alternatively, animals were pretreated with the CCK1 receptor antagonists devazepide and lorglumide or the 5-HT3 antagonist MDL-72222 before SO-SBTI administration...
- Elevated plasma corticotrophin release factor levels and in utero meconium passageJayaraman Lakshmanan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 90502, USA
Pediatr Res 61:176-9. 2007Intrauterine meconium (MEC) passage and aspiration may result in significant newborn morbidity, though there is little understanding of the physiologic mechanisms for MEC passage...
- SAR studies of 1,5-diarylpyrazole-based CCK1 receptor antagonistsLaurent Gomez
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development L L C, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:6493-8. 2007..The difference in affinity between the two enantiomers for the CCK(1) receptor and the flexible nature of the linker led to the design of constrained analogs with increased potency...
- Oral ondansetron is highly active as rescue antiemetic treatment for moderately emetogenic chemotherapy: results of a randomized phase II studyAlessandra Fabi
Department of Medical Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Via Elio Chianesi 53, 00144, Rome, Italy
Support Care Cancer 16:1375-80. 2008In the present phase II randomized study, two different schedules of ondansetron were investigated as rescue antiemetic treatment for delayed emesis related to moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (MEC).
- Molecular epidemiology of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream isolates in urban DetroitThea Chua
Henry Ford Health System, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Clin Microbiol 46:2345-52. 2008..Forty-nine percent of the isolates had staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec II, and 56% had agr II. All USA300 isolates were positive for the Panton-Valentine leukocidin toxin genes and agr I...
- High levels of expression of cytokeratin 5 are strongly correlated with poor survival in higher grades of mucoepidermoid carcinomaN E Lueck
Department of Pathology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1009, USA
J Clin Pathol 61:837-40. 2008Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) is the most common malignant primary salivary gland tumour. Little is known about cytokeratin expression in MEC or how it may relate to survival...
- Evaluation of catalysts and membranes for high yield biohydrogen production via electrohydrogenesis in microbial electrolysis cells (MECs)Shaoan Cheng
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Hydrogen Energy Center, Penn State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Water Sci Technol 58:853-7. 2008..In many MEC reactors, precious metal catalysts and expensive cation exchange membranes are often used...
- Biodegradation of mixed pesticides by mixed pesticide enriched culturesK Rama Krishna
Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India
J Environ Sci Health B 44:18-30. 2009..kinetics of mixed (lindane, methyl parathion and carbofuran) pesticides by mixed pesticide enriched cultures (MEC) under various environmental conditions...
- Vancomycin MIC plus heteroresistance and outcome of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia: trends over 11 yearsAdina C Musta
Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases, St John Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI, USA
J Clin Microbiol 47:1640-4. 2009..Staphylococcal chromosome cassette mec (SCCmec) typing of 261 isolates (including all hVISA isolates) revealed that 93...
- Automated quantification of DNA demethylation effects in cells via 3D mapping of nuclear signatures and population homogeneity assessmentArkadiusz Gertych
Minimally Invasive Surgical Technologies Institute, Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Cytometry A 75:569-83. 2009..and untreated populations, were studied by immunofluorescence with a specific antibody against 5-methylcytosine (MeC), and 4,6-diamidino-2-phenylindole (DAPI) for delineation of methylated sites and global DNA in nuclei (n = 163)...
- The efficacy of oral ondansetron and dexamethasone for the prevention of acute chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting associated with moderately emetogenic chemotherapy - a retrospective auditW L Ng
Department of Medical Oncology, Macarthur Cancer Therapy Centre, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 19:403-7. 2010..of acute chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV) resulting from moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (MEC) is unknown...
- Evaluation of the Etest method for susceptibility testing of Aspergillus spp. and Fusarium spp. to three echinocandinsA I Martos
Microbiology Service, University Hospital of Valme, Seville Cádiz Road, Seville, Spain
Med Mycol 48:858-61. 2010..4-100%) except for A. niger and A. glaucus at 24 h of incubation. Micafungin and anidulafungin MEC and MIC results were lower than those of caspofungin (< or =0...
- Pre-acclimation of a wastewater inoculum to cellulose in an aqueous-cathode MEC improves power generation in air-cathode MFCsShaoan Cheng
State Key Laboratory of Clean Energy Utilization, Department of Energy Engineering Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, PR China
Bioresour Technol 102:367-71. 2011..be achieved in air-cathode MFCs using an inoculum from a two-chamber, aqueous-cathode microbial electrolysis cell (MEC)...
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec elements in predominant methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus clones in a small geographic areaPatrick Basset
Service of Hospital Preventive Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:4589-95. 2010Recent population genetic studies suggest that staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) was acquired much more frequently than previously thought...
- Fusidic acid resistance determinants in Staphylococcus aureus clinical isolatesHsiao Jan Chen
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Medical Biotechnology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, 1 Chang Te Street, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:4985-91. 2010..On the basis of spa and staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec element (SCCmec) typing, two major genotypes, spa type t037-SCCmec type III (t037-III; 28/45; 62%) and t002-II (13/..
- Toll-like receptor 2 induces mucosal homing receptor expression and IgA production by human B cellsYanmei Liang
Section of Infectious Disease, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Clin Immunol 138:33-40. 2011..induce CCR9 and CCR10 expression by circulating B cells and increased chemotaxis to cognate chemokines CCL25 and CCL28 suggesting that TLR2 induces B cell homing to the gastrointestinal tract...
- Panton-valentine leukocidin-positive and toxic shock syndrome toxin 1-positive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: a French multicenter prospective study in 2008Jerome Robert
Bactériologie Hygiène, UFR de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Site Pitié Salpêtrière, 91 Bd de l Hopital, 75634 Paris Cedex 13, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1734-9. 2011..French laboratories were characterized using agr alleles, spa typing, and the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec element and PCR profiling of 21 toxin genes...
- Hemostatic and toxinological diversities in venom of Micrurus tener tener, Micrurus fulvius fulvius and Micrurus isozonus coral snakesAna M Salazar
Laboratorio de Fisiopatologia, Centro de Medicina Experimental, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas IVIC, Apartado 20632, Caracas 1020A, Venezuela
Toxicon 58:35-45. 2011..neurotoxins and phospholipase A₂s, this study demonstrated, by SDS-PAGE and molecular exclusion chromatography (MEC), that these venoms also contain high-molecular-weight proteins between 50 and 150 kDa that target the hemostatic ..
- Quantification of chemokine and chemokine receptor gene expression in duodenal mucosa of dogs with inflammatory bowel diseaseShingo Maeda
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 144:290-8. 2011..alpha (MIP-3α)/CCL20, thymus-expressed chemokine (TECK)/CCL25, mucosae-associated epithelial chemokine (MEC)/CCL28 and IL-8/CXCL8 mRNA in IBD dogs were significantly higher than the corresponding levels in control dogs, but there ..
- DNA methylation patterns of Brachypodium distachyon chromosomes and their alteration by 5-azacytidine treatmentNatalia Borowska
Department of Plant Anatomy and Cytology, University of Silesia, Jagiellonska 28, 40 032, Katowice, Poland
Chromosome Res 19:955-67. 2011Sequential immunolocalisation of 5-methylcytosine (5-MeC) and fluorescence in situ hybridisation with chromosome-specific BAC clones were performed on Brachypodium distachyon mitotic metaphase chromosomes to determine specific DNA ..
- Adding microencapsulated pear ester to insecticides for control of Cydia pomonella (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) in appleAlan L Knight
Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, USDA, Wapato, WA 98951, USA
Pest Manag Sci 69:66-74. 2013..by the addition of a microencapsulated formulation of pear ester, ethyl (2E, 4Z)-2,4-decadienoate (PE-MEC, 5% AI), was evaluated in field trials in apple from 2005 to 2009.
- The F-box protein MEC-15 (FBXW9) promotes synaptic transmission in GABAergic motor neurons in C. elegansYu Sun
Department of Neurobiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e59132. 2013..Here, we investigated the function of the F-box protein MEC-15 (FBXW9), one of a small number of F-box proteins evolutionarily conserved from C. elegans to mammals...
- Evidence for a role of Nav1.6 in facilitating increases in neuronal hyperexcitability during epileptogenesisNicholas J Hargus
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0710, USA
J Neurophysiol 110:1144-57. 2013..We sought to investigate whether medial entorhinal cortex (mEC) layer II neurons become hyperexcitable and display proexcitatory behavior of Na channels during epileptogenesis...
- Defining the bacterial factors that modulate sensitivity to B-lactam in CA-MRSAAMBROSE LIN YAU CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..There are five types of SCCmec in MRSA, which differ with respect to the mec complex (mecI-mecR1-mecA), integrated plasmids, transposons, IS elements and other accessory genes...
- METHICILLIN RESISTANCE OF STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUSHenry Chambers; Fiscal Year: 1993..PBP 2a is encoded by the mec determinant, for which no equivalent allele exists in susceptible strains...
- STAPHYLOCOCCAL METHICILLIN RESISTANCE LOCUSGordon Archer; Fiscal Year: 2003..in resistant isolates, is common to all resistant staphylococcal species and is accompanied by >30 kb of DNA (mec DNA) that is also unique to resistant isolates...
- Epidemiology of Putative Causal Variants in the Multiethnic CohortLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): In response to RFA-HG-07-014, we propose to use the Multiethnic Cohort (MEC) study to characterize the "epidemiologic architecture" of putative causal variants identified in large-scale genomic ..
- Functional Characterization of CXCL14, CXCL17, and CCL28; three mucosal chemokineAlbert Zlotnik; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have used gene array analyses to identify three chemokines (CXCL14, CXCL17 and CCL28) that exhibit very high expression in human mucosal tissues...
- Sequence Distribution of Tobacco Carcinogen-DNA AdductsNatalia Y Tretyakova; Fiscal Year: 2012..controls gene expression by mediating the binding of specific proteins (methyl-CpG binding proteins) to MeCG sites (MeC = 5-methylcytosine) and the recruitment of histone-modifying enzymes that promote chromatin remodeling...
- Mechanisms of Degenerative Cell Death in C. elegansMONICA A DRISCOLL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our genetic dissection of this process in nematodes suggests that Ca+2 influx through the MEC DEG/ENaC channel is critical in necrosis initiation, and that the neurotoxicity mechanism requires ER Ca+2 release...
- Jane C Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2015..upon existing NIH-funded resources, the Colon Cancer Family Registry (Colon CFR) and the Multiethnic Cohort Study (MEC)...
- Chemosensing in the Gastrointestinal TractCatia Sternini; Fiscal Year: 2010..of neuronal activity, and the role of CCK and PYY, peptides that affect GI function and feeding behavior, acting at CCK1 and Y2 receptors on vagal afferents, 1b) the effects of T2R agonists on vagal pathways using electrophysiological ..
- Multiethnic Cohort Study of Diet and CancerLaurence N Kolonel; Fiscal Year: 2012The Multiethnic Cohort (MEC) Study was designed to prospectively investigate the relationship of diet and other lifestyle factors to cancer risk in five ethnic groups (African Americans, Japanese Americans, Latinos, Native Hawaiians and ..
- IONA C CHENG; Fiscal Year: 2014..cases, 2,863 controls) and prostate cancer (3,634 cases, 3,713 controls) nested within the Multiethnic Cohort (MEC)...
- Albert Zlotnik; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have identified three chemokines (CXCL14, CXCL17 and CCL28) as the most highly expressed in mucosal tissues...
- Chuan He; Fiscal Year: 2016..DNA/RNA base damage repair enzyme that catalyzes direct reversal of N1-methyladenine (1-meA), N3-methylcytosine (3-meC), and exocyclic DNA base lesions. Nine sequence homologues have been identified in the human genome...
- Julie R Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2015..Black Women's Health Study (BWHS), the Women's Circle of Health Study (WCHS) and the Multi-ethnic Cohort (MEC) and continue to accrue cases for a final sample size of more than 5500 cases and 5500 controls...
- Valerie Marie Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2014..to have altered collagen structures to interrogate whether collagen cross-linking and stiffness influence MEC motility and invasion by enhancing PI3 kinase signaling to promote chemotaxis and durotaxis...
- REBECCA SARA COOK; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will use mice harboring MEC-specific loss of ErbB3 to examine mammary glands at each stage of post-natal mammary gland development...
- John F DiPersio; Fiscal Year: 2015..G-CSF+AMD3100 will be administered prior to mitoxantrone-etoposide-high dose Ara-C (MEC) salvage chemotherapy to optimally mobilize leukemic blasts, thus sensitizing the AML blasts to MEC chemotherapy...
- ENGINEERED GLUCOSE METABOLISM IN INSULIN SECRETING CELLSChristopher B Newgard; Fiscal Year: 2010..the repolarization phase of the plasma membrane current;b) NADPH produced by the pyruvate cycling enzymes ICDc and MEc controls expression of neuroendocrine protein 7B2, a regulator of the proinsulin processing enzyme PC2, thereby ..
- Identification of transcriptional determinants of dendritic patterningDavid M Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..morphogenesis;(2) Use the mRNA tagging method to reveal genes downstream of the conserved LIM- homeodomain protein, MEC-3, an established determinant of PVD dendritic branching and;(3) Extend this mRNA tagging strategy to at least five ..
- Loic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2016We propose to utilize the Multiethnic Cohort (MEC), a PAGE Phase 1 study, to sample and assess genomic variation in well-phenotyped individuals of non-European (EA) ancestry...
- Spread of Community-Acquired MRSA Among Household ContactsRobert S Daum; Fiscal Year: 2010..susceptibility patterns in these CA-MRSA strains was characterized, now called "staphylococcal chromosomal cassette mec" type IV or SCCmec type IV, it was realized that a distinct phenomenon had occurred not involving spread of HA-MRSA ..
- Functional Adaptation of Microtubules by AcetylationJacek Gaertig; Fiscal Year: 2013..This protein is an ortholog of MEC-17, a previously studied protein which is required for the function of touch receptor neurons in C. elegans...
- Food intake and energy metabolism regulated by apo AIV and CCKChunmin C Lo; Fiscal Year: 2013..ip) administration of combined apo AIV and CCK additively reduces meal size and this interaction activates the CCK1 receptor (CCK1R)...
- Mechanisms for HIV-1 Persistence in Human Mammary Tissue and Breast Milk CellsStephanie M Dorosko; Fiscal Year: 2012..HIV-1 viral reservoir in the breast compartment, we will test the hypotheses that (1) mammary epithelial cells (MEC) are susceptible to infection with HIV-1 and/or can initiate a productive infection in susceptible CD4+ lymphocytes ..
- Targeting Leukemia Stromal Interactions in AMLGeoffrey L Uy; Fiscal Year: 2013..a clinical trial entitled, "A phase l/ll study of AMD3100 plus mitoxantrone, etoposide, and cytarabine (AMD3100-I-MEC) in relapsed or refractory AML...
- Ivan Soltesz; Fiscal Year: 2015..There is substantial evidence from both humans and animal models indicating that the medial entorhinal cortex (MEC) plays critical roles in the generation and maintenance of TLE...
- Age effects on grid cell and scene recognition systems of entorhinal cortexJAMES PERCY LISTER; Fiscal Year: 2011..The medial entorhinal cortex (MEC) appears to process information about self-motion and position while the lateral entorhinal cortex (LEC) processes ..
- Ronen Marmorstein; Fiscal Year: 2016..In this proposal we will study the Rtt109 HAT, the NATA N-amino protein acetyltransferase and the aTAT1/MEC-17 tubulin acetyltransferase as model systems to answer these mechanistic questions that will have important ..
- Martin Chalfie; Fiscal Year: 2016..basis of cell-type specification within the TRNs;3) to characterize lipid- binding and modulating components of the MEC-4 channel complex and similar proteins;and 4) to investigate the role of the extracellular matrix (ECM) in touch ..
- Sergey V Ivanov; Fiscal Year: 2014..17 of 18, or ~94%) express high levels of the neurotrophin receptor tyrosine kinase TrkC, whereas mucoepidermoid (MEC) and head and neck squamous cell carcinomas (HNSCC) are TrkC-negative...
- Transcriptional Role of BRCA1 in Breast CancerWen Hwa Lee; Fiscal Year: 2012..ZBRK1 by RNAi in mammary epithelial cells (MECs) 3-D culture, a close mimicry of an in vivo environment, leads to MEC proliferation and impairs mammary acinus differentiation by altering the expression of genes including ANG1 (..
- David M Miller; Fiscal Year: 2016..powerful cell-specific profiling methods to identify targets of a conserved LIM-homeodomain transcription factor, MEC-3, that is required for PVD branching...
- Endothelial protease activity, organogenesis and birth defectsSuneel S Apte; Fiscal Year: 2012..Microvascular endothelial cells (mEC), which line capillaries, have a well-known function in regulation of angiogenesis, but less is known about their ..
- Manoj K Patel; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our proposal will focus on medial entorhinal cortex (mEC) and subiculum neurons using an animal model of temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE), a common form of adult pharmaco-..
- Genes, Hormones and Breast Cancer RiskVeronica Wendy Setiawan; Fiscal Year: 2010..A cross-sectional study of healthy postmenopausal women from the Multiethnic Cohort Study (MEC) will be conducted to 1) determine whether known/potential breast cancer risk factors are associated with plasma ..
- Whole Genome Scan for Modifier Genes in Colorectal CancerLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2012..lifestyle exposure information and clinical data for five racial-ethnic groups in the Multiethnic Cohort study (MEC), as well as for Japanese in Japan in the Japan Public Health Center cohort study (JPHC)...
- Robert P Hausinger; Fiscal Year: 2014..Finally, biochemical and spectroscopic properties will be elucidated for TET1, a 5-meC hydroxylase that might function with another enzyme as a DNA demethylase...
- Miriam B Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2016..cell membrane function, 2) disrupt the microtubule and spectrin cytoskeleton and 3) disrupt selected domains in the MEC-4 proteins crucial to the formation of the sodium-selective native MeT channels,...
- James J Knierim; Fiscal Year: 2015..knowledge of the properties of the two major cortical inputs to the hippocampus, the medial entorhinal cortex (MEC) and the lateral entorhinal cortex (LEC)...
- Characterizing the Role of MYC-MAX Complexes in TORC1/MAML2-mediated OncogenesisANTONIO LUIGI AMELIO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mucoepidermoid carcinomas (MEC) and Warthin's tumors are salivary gland tumors that share a common t(11;19)(q21;p13.1) translocation...
- Diane J Mathis; Fiscal Year: 2015..Its Specific Aims are: 1. To compare the repertoires of Aire-dependent MEC transcripts from adult and perinatal mice;2...
- Influence of extracellular matrix on the assembly of mechanosensory complexesBrian Coblitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..C. elegans gentle touch is transduced by the Na+permeable MEC-4 ion channel complex, which is localized in a punctate pattern along the processes of touch neurons...
- David W Tank; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The medial entorhinal cortex (MEC) contributes to navigation and episodic memory, essential cognitive functions degraded in many degenerative and psychiatric disorders...
- Characterizing Genetic Susceptibility to Breast and Prostate Cancer;the BPC3Elio Riboli; Fiscal Year: 2011..Other genome-wide association studies are ongoing, including an admixture scan for prostate cancer in the MEC, a breast cancer scan using pooled DNAs in the Womens'Health Initiative (WHI), and a breast cancer scan at the ..
- Characterizing Genetic Susceptibility to Breast and Prostate Cancer; the BPC3DAVID JOHN HUNTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Other genome-wide association studies are ongoing, including an admixture scan for prostate cancer in the MEC, a breast cancer scan using pooled DNAs in the Womens'Health Initiative (WHI), and a breast cancer scan at the ..
- Diane J Mathis; Fiscal Year: 2016..these two aspects of aire's mode of action - specifically, we intend: i) to gauge the plasticity of the MEC PTT repertoire; ii) to generalize and localize the antigen-presentation defect exhibited by aire-null MECs; iii) to ..
- Characterizing Genetic Susceptibility to Breast and Prostate Cancer; the BPC3Brian E Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Other genome-wide association studies are ongoing, including an admixture scan for prostate cancer in the MEC, a breast cancer scan using pooled DNAs in the Womens'Health Initiative (WHI), and a breast cancer scan at the ..
- MARK PAUL BRANDON; Fiscal Year: 2014..The discovery of grid cells, neurons in the medial entorhinal cortex (MEC) that discharge in a multitude of locations that are positioned at the vertices of a tessellating triangular grid ..
- Lynne R Wilkens; Fiscal Year: 2014..provided by applicant): This application seeks support for the infrastructure of the Multiethnic Cohort (MEC) Study, which was established in Hawaii and southern California between 1993 and 1996 to study risk factors for ..
- Loic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2016..Markedly different patterns of adiposity exist among the five ethnic/racial populations of the Multiethnic Cohort (MEC) Study (African Americans, Japanese Americans, Latinos, Native Hawaiians, whites)...
- Structure of Beta-lactam resistance regulatorsMARTIN SAFO; Fiscal Year: 2007..The mec (MecRI and Mecl) and bla (BlaRl and Blal) regulators seem to have a signal transduction mechanism of action that is ..
- Sequence Distribution of Tabacco Carcinogen-DNA AdductsNatalia Tretyakova; Fiscal Year: 2007..The presence of 5-methylcytosine (MeC) induces small, but noticeable changes in DMA structure and dynamics, leading to altered DNA-protein interactions ..
- Joseph R Reeve; Fiscal Year: 2014..presented in this proposal will provide a decisive test of the hypothesis at risk: two locations of the CCK1 receptor control total daily food intake: the receptors at vagal afferents that regulate meal size and the ..
- The Medial Entorhinal Cortex and Temporal Lobe EpilepsyKAREN WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of this proposal is to determine the role of the medial entorhinal cortex (mEC) in the development of chronic epilepsy in the kainic acid model of TLE...
- NEUROMODULATION BY ZINC IN THE HIPPOCAMPAL REGIONJohn White; Fiscal Year: 2000..patch-clamp techniques, these kinetics will be measured in dissociated neurons from the medial entorhinal cortex (MEC). Hypothesis B...
- Single-Base Resolution Method of 5-hmC in BiologyShuang Chang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Because current sequencing methods cannot differentiate 5-meC from 5-hmC, the immediate challenge is to develop robust methods to ascertain the positions of 5-hmC within the ..
- LASER PHOTORADIATION THERAPY OF MALIGNANT TUMORSMichael Berns; Fiscal Year: 2002..of PDT action on tumor microvasculature at two levels: (1) Human dermal microvascular endothelial cells (MEC); and (2) tumor-induced capillary proliferation in the rabbit cornea...
- Qing Dai; Fiscal Year: 2016..Because the sequencing methods currently available cannot differentiate 5-meC from 5-hmC, we recently developed a chemical-labeling strategy for 5-hmC sequencing through which we have ..
- METABOLISM OF 5-METHYLCHRYSENE BY FISHNancy Shappell; Fiscal Year: 1993..We propose to investigate the metabolism of 5-methylchrysene (5-MeC) as a model compound to study the metabolism of methylated PAHs by fish...
- RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN PROSTANOIDS AND CELLULAR INJURYJohn Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2000..Endothelial cells, especially those of the microcirculation (MEC), are a prime target for circulating bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- FUNCTION OF THE CALCIUM SENSING RECEPTOR IN THE BREASTJohn Wysolmerski; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, given the loss of CaR expression during pregnancy, a time of intense MEC proliferation, we hypothesize that CaR signaling inhibits MEC proliferation and promotes MEC differentiation...
- PDK1 and PPARdelta Signaling in Mammary TumorigenesisRobert I Glazer; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>MEC and MCF-7 cell lines stably expressing either PPARJ or PDK1 or both genes will be used to study the synergy between ..
- Mammary Tumor Stem CellsAnne Peaston; Fiscal Year: 2009..Parity-induced mammary epithelial cells (PI-MEC) are a self- renewing, pluripotent population, thus fulfilling the functions of mammary stem or progenitor cells...
- DEVELOPMENTAL GENETICS OF CAENORHABDITIS ELEGANSRobert Herman; Fiscal Year: 2004..elegans mec-8 gene, which encodes a protein with two RNA recognition motifs and regulates the processing of transcripts of ..
- Mammalian chemokinesPatent Number: EP1418236-A1; Date:2004-05-12