Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CCL15
Description: C-C motif chemokine ligand 15
Alias: HCC-2, HMRP-2B, LKN-1, LKN1, MIP-1 delta, MIP-1D, MIP-5, MRP-2B, NCC-3, NCC3, SCYA15, SCYL3, SY15, C-C motif chemokine 15, chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 15, chemokine CC-2, leukotactin 1, macrophage inflammatory protein 5, new CC chemokine 3, small inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys-Cys), member 15, small-inducible cytokine A15
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular cloning of leukotactin-1: a novel human beta-chemokine, a chemoattractant for neutrophils, monocytes, and lymphocytes, and a potent agonist at CC chemokine receptors 1 and 3B S Youn
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Immunol 159:5201-5. 1997..Hence, we have isolated and characterized a human C6 beta-chemokine that is a potent agonist at CCR1 and CCR3 and shows broad biologic activities, including leukocyte chemoattraction...
- HCC-2, a human chemokine: gene structure, expression pattern, and biological activityA Pardigol
Lower Saxony Institute for Peptide Research, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:6308-13. 1998..It is a potent chemoattractant and inducer of enzyme release in monocytes and a moderately active attractant for eosinophils. Desensitization studies indicate that HCC-2 acts mainly via CC chemokine receptor CCR1...
- Synthesis and characterization of the human CC chemokine HCC-2S E Escher
Niedersächsisches Institut für Peptid Forschung, Hannover, Germany
J Pept Res 54:505-13. 1999..HCC-2-(48-113) and the mutant [Ala64,104]HCC-2-(48-113) were further analyzed by CD and one-dimensional 1H NMR-spectroscopy. Both peptides adopt a similar stable secondary and tertiary structure in solution...
- Hemofiltrate CC chemokines with unique biochemical properties: HCC-1/CCL14a and HCC-2/CCL15U Forssmann
IPF PharmaCeuticals GmbH, Institute of the Medical School of Hanover, Section of Pharmacology, D 30625 Hanover, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 70:357-66. 2001The hemofiltrate CC chemokines CCL14a (formerly HCC-1), CCL14b (formerly HCC-3), and CCL15 (formerly HCC-2) are encoded by mono- as well as bicistronic transcripts from a tandem gene arrangement on human chromosome 17q11.2...
- A novel chemokine, Leukotactin-1, induces chemotaxis, pro-atherogenic cytokines, and tissue factor expression in atherosclerosisWon Ha Lee
Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong Kangnam Ku, Seoul 135 710, South Korea
Atherosclerosis 161:255-60. 2002..LKN-1 may chemoattract immune cells into the plaque, induce pro-inflammatory cytokines, and produce thrombi by inducing TF expression...
- Functional analysis of chemically synthesized derivatives of the human CC chemokine CCL15/HCC-2, a high affinity CCR1 ligandS E Escher
IPF PharmaCeuticals GmbH, Feodor Lynen Strasse 31, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Pept Res 63:36-47. 2004The CCL15 is a human CC chemokine that activates the receptors, CCR1 and CCR3. Unlike other chemokines, it contains an unusually long N-terminal domain of 31 amino acids preceding the first cysteine residue and a third disulfide bond...
- Proteolytic activation of alternative CCR1 ligands in inflammationRobert D Berahovich
ChemoCentryx, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
J Immunol 174:7341-51. 2005..Indeed, four such chemokines, CCL6/C10/MIP-related protein-1, CCL9/MIP-1gamma/MIP-related protein-2, CCL15/MIP-1delta/hemofiltrate CC chemokine-2/leukotactin-1, and CCL23/CKbeta8/myeloid progenitor inhibitory factor-1, ..
- Quantum proteolytic activation of chemokine CCL15 by neutrophil granulocytes modulates mononuclear cell adhesivenessRudolf Richter
IPF PharmaCeuticals GmbH, Hannover, Germany
J Immunol 175:1599-608. 2005..We show here that neutrophils may support this process by activation of CCL15, a human chemokine circulating in blood plasma...
- A novel role for constitutively expressed epithelial-derived chemokines as antibacterial peptides in the intestinal mucosaK Kotarsky
Immunology Section, Department of Experimental Medical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Mucosal Immunol 3:40-8. 2010..Finally, the human homologs to CCL6, CCL14 and CCL15 were also constitutively expressed at high levels in human intestinal epithelium, were further enhanced in ..
- Differential effects of leukotactin-1 and macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha on neutrophils mediated by CCR1S Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Immunol 162:4938-42. 1999..2 nM and 1.1 nM, respectively. We conclude that CCR1 is a receptor mediating responses to both MIP-1 alpha and Lkn-1 on neutrophils and produces different biological responses depending on the ligand bound...
- PLP2/A4 interacts with CCR1 and stimulates migration of CCR1-expressing HOS cellsSang Min Lee
Graduate School of Biotechnology and Institute of Life Sciences and Resources, Kyung Hee University, Yongin, Kyunggi do 449 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 324:768-72. 2004..focal staining of CCR1 appeared on the periphery of the membrane upon short exposure to Leukotactin-1(Lkn-1)/CCL15, a CCR1 agonist, and was costained with PLP2/A4 on the focal regions...
- Macrophage inflammatory protein-1 delta: a novel osteoclast stimulating factor secreted by renal cell carcinoma bone metastasisScott L Kominsky
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cancer Res 68:1261-6. 2008....
- Liver resection associated with mini porto-caval shunt as salvage treatment in patients with progression of hepatocellular carcinoma before liver transplantation: a case reportM Polacco
Unità di Chirurgia Epatobiliare e Trapianto Epatico, Dipartimento assistenziale di chirurgia generale e trapianti d organo, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Padova, Italy
Transplant Proc 42:1378-80. 2010..Associating a partial side-to-side PCS with hepatic resection may represent a potential salvage therapy for patients with decompensated cirrhosis and HCC progression beyond listing criteria for OLT...
- Isolation and characterization of the 5'-flanking sequence of the human ocular lens MIP geneX Y Wang
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Biology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Gene 167:321-5. 1995..regulatory elements underlying its tissue specificity and ontogenic profile, we have cloned 2840 bp of the human MIP 5'-flanking sequence...
- Chemokine Lkn-1/CCL15 enhances matrix metalloproteinase-9 release from human macrophages and macrophage-derived foam cellsSang Hee Kwon
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Ulsan, Ulsan 680 749, Korea
Nutr Res Pract 2:134-7. 2008..Leukotactin-1 (Lkn-1/CCL15), a new member of the human CC chemokine family, is a potent chemoattractant for leukocytes...
- Expression of lymphocyte-specific chemokines in human malignant glioma: Essential role of LARC in cellular immunity of malignant gliomaT Kimura
Department of Neurosurgery, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Int J Oncol 21:707-15. 2002..001). Although the constitutive expression level of LARC is low, certain stimulations could strongly induce its expression, and play a crucial role in the tumor immunity of human malignant glioma...
- Longitudinal craniofacial growth patterns in patients with orofacial clefts: geometric morphometricsG D Singh
School of Medicine, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 41:136-43. 2004..To demonstrate craniofacial developmental patterns in repaired cleft lip and cleft palate (CLP)...
- Leukotactin-1/CCL15 induces cell migration and differentiation of human eosinophilic leukemia EoL-1 cells through PKCdelta activationJi Sook Lee
Department of Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Daejeon University, Daejeon, 300 716, Republic of Korea
Mol Biol Rep 37:2149-56. 2010Leukotactin-1 (Lkn-1)/CCL15 is a CC chemokine that binds to the CCR1 and CCR3. Lkn-1 functions as an essential factor in the migration of monocytes, lymphocytes, and neutrophils...
- Clinical usefulness of computed tomography arteriography and computed tomography during arterial portography for the diagnosis of early and early advanced hepatocellular carcinomaT Ichikawa
Department of Radiology, Tama Nagayama Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 67:105-9. 2000..4) CONCLUSIONS: A combination of CTA and CTAP is useful for the diagnosis of early HCC and early advanced HCC...
- Inactivation of chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 1 (CCR1) suppresses colon cancer liver metastasis by blocking accumulation of immature myeloid cells in a mouse modelTakanori Kitamura
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13063-8. 2010..for liver dissemination, we show that mouse and human colon cancer cells secrete CC-chemokine ligands CCL9 and CCL15, respectively, and recruit CD34(+) Gr-1(-) immature myeloid cells (iMCs)...
- A new gland associated with the retrocerebral complex of the adult corn earworm, Helicoverpa zeaAshok Raina
Formosan Subterranean Termite Research Unit, USDA, ARS, 1100 Robert E Lee Boulevard, New Orleans, LA 70124, USA
Arthropod Struct Dev 37:535-8. 2008..The cytoplasm has an abundance of mitochondria in addition to dense bodies, electron lucent spheres, concentric whorls of rough endoplasmic reticulum and few vacuoles. At this stage we have no idea as to the function of this new gland...
- Involvement of leukotactin-1, a novel CC chemokine, in human atherosclerosisRina Yu
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Ulsan, Ulsan 680 749, South Korea
Atherosclerosis 174:35-42. 2004..Lkn-1 stimulated endothelial cells to release ICAM-1, which is implicated in atherogenesis. Taken together, our data suggest that Lkn-1 plays an important role in the development of atherosclerosis...
- Genomic organization of the genes for human and mouse CC chemokine LECS Fukuda
Department of Biochemistry, Kumamoto University Medical School, Honjo, Japan
DNA Cell Biol 18:275-83. 1999..Southern blot analysis revealed that the sequence isolated from the BAC clone was the only one hybridizing with human LEC cDNA in the mouse genome. Therefore, mice may have only an LEC pseudogene...
- Identification of two novel CT antigens and their capacity to elicit antibody response in hepatocellular carcinoma patientsX Y Dong
Department of Immunology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
Br J Cancer 89:291-7. 2003..0% (six out of 24), respectively, in HCC patients bearing respective gene transcripts. Therefore, FATE/BJ-HCC-2 and TPTE/BJ-HCC-5 are the novel CT antigens capable of eliciting antibody response in cancer patients...
- Extent of resection for hepatocellular carcinoma 2 cm or less in greatest diameterMasakazu Yamamoto
Department of Surgery, Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1, Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, 162 8666, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Surg 184:437-40. 2002..The effectiveness of liver segmentectomy or larger resection in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) 2 cm or less in greatest diameter has not been clarified...
- Correlation of HBV and HCV with CH, LC, HCC in liver biopsied tissue at Rajavithi HospitalArunluck Komindr
Department of Pathology, Rajavithi Hospital, 2 Rajavithi Rd, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 88:788-809. 2005....
- Positive versus negative modulation of different endogenous chemokines for CC-chemokine receptor 1 by small molecule agonists through allosteric versus orthosteric bindingPia C Jensen
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Copenhagen University, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 283:23121-8. 2008....
- Functional imaging of the parietal cortex during action execution and observationMina N Evangeliou
Department of Basic Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, University of Crete, Iraklion, Crete, Greece
Cereb Cortex 19:624-39. 2009....
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in renal transplant recipientsC H Chuang
Department of Nephrology, Renal Transplant Program, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Transplant Proc 40:2392-4. 2008..We performed a retrospective study to investigate the clinical features of HCC among our renal transplant recipients...
- Inhibition of respiratory syncytial virus infection with the CC chemokine RANTES (CCL5)Matthew B Elliott
Department of Immunology Research, Wyeth Vaccines Research, Pearl River, New York 10965, USA
J Med Virol 73:300-8. 2004..Other recombinant chemokines (MIP-1alpha/CCL3, MIP-1beta/CCL4, MCP-2/CCL8, eotaxin/CCL11, MIP-1delta/CCL15, stromal cell derived factor (SDF)-1alpha/CXCL12) were not inhibitory...
- Tagma-specific distribution of FXPRLamides in the nervous system of the American cockroachR Predel
Institut für Allgemeine Zoologie und Tierphysiologie, Friedrich Schiller Universtät, D 07743 Jena, Germany
J Comp Neurol 419:352-63. 2000..It is likely that the expression of pyrokinins in the central nervous system is tagma (body region)-specific. Pea-PK-6 was identified during this study as follows: Ser-Glu-Ser-Glu-Val-Pro-Gly-Met-Trp-Phe-Gly-Pro-Arg-Leu-NH(2)...
- Leukotactin-1/CCL15-induced chemotaxis signaling through CCR1 in HOS cellsJesang Ko
Immunomodulation Research Center, University of Ulsan, 680 749, Ulsan, South Korea
FEBS Lett 515:159-64. 2002Leukotactin-1 (Lkn-1)/CCL15 is a recently cloned CC-chemokine that binds to the CCR1 and CCR3...
- Differentiation of CD34+ cells from human cord blood and murine bone marrow is suppressed by C6 beta-chemokinesIn Seob Han
The Immunomodulation Research Center and Department of Biological Sciences, University of Ulsan, Ulsan 680 748, Korea
Mol Cells 15:176-80. 2003..The inhibitory activity of these chemokines suggests that they may protect hematopoietic progenitors from the cytotoxic effects of the antiblastic drugs used in cancer therapy...
- CD63 tetraspanin slows down cell migration and translocates to the endosomal-lysosomal-MIICs route after extracellular stimuli in human immature dendritic cellsAdriana R Mantegazza
Fundacion Instituto Leloir, Av Patricias Argentinas 435, 1405 Capital Federal, Argentina
Blood 104:1183-90. 2004..However, only CD63 would intervene in the internalization of complex antigens...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of the expression of FATE/BJ-HCC-2 antigen in normal and malignant tissuesXiao Ang Yang
Department of Immunology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Lab Invest 85:205-13. 2005..Thus, FATE/BJ-HCC-2 may be a valuable candidate CT antigen for polyvalent vaccines in tumor immunotherapy and an assisting diagnostic marker for prognosis of the disease...
- The comparative study on ultrastructure and immunohistochemistry in AFP negative and positive hepatocellular carcinomaMeirong Zheng
Department of Ultrastructural Pathology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 24:547-9, 559. 2004....
- Patterns of protein expression in infectious meningitis: a cerebrospinal fluid protein array analysisStefan Kastenbauer
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 164:134-9. 2005..g., macrophage inflammatory protein-1delta (CCL15) and neutrophil-activating peptide-2 (CXCL7)...
- Chlorophyll breakdown in spinach: on the structure of five nonfluorescent chlorophyll catabolitesJoachim Berghold
Institute of Organic Chemistry, Leopold Franzens Universitat Innsbruck, Innrain 52a, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Photosynth Res 74:109-19. 2002..The transformation of the tetrapyrrolic skeleton in chlorophyll catabolism in spinach and in C. japonicum is revealed to exhibit a common stereochemical pattern...
- Role of human LZIP in differential activation of the NF-kappaB pathway that is induced by CCR1-dependent chemokinesSung Wuk Jang
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
J Cell Physiol 211:630-7. 2007..These data indicate that LZIP functions as a positive regulator in the NF-kappaB activation pathway that is triggered by Lkn-1 without affecting the transcriptional activation of NF-kappaB induced by other CCR1-dependent chemokines...
- Human LZIP induces monocyte CC chemokine receptor 2 expression leading to enhancement of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1/CCL2-induced cell migrationHo Joong Sung
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Exp Mol Med 40:332-8. 2008..Human LZIP is an uncharacterized transcription factor and is known to participate in leukotactin (Lkn)-1/CCL15-induced cell migration...
- Brain metastasis from hepatocellular carcinoma treated with a cyber-knifeAtsushi Hiraoka
Department of Gastroenterology, Ehime Prefectural Central Hospital, Matsuyama
Intern Med 47:1993-6. 2008..The prognosis of patients with brain metastasis from HCC has been reported to be poor. Use of the cyber-knife was non-invasive, and proved to be effective for improving prognosis and quality of life...
- Isoreticular metal-organic polyhedral networks based on 5-connecting paddlewheel motifsHyungphil Chun
Department of Applied Chemistry, College of Science and Technology, Hanyang University, 1271, Sa 3 dong, Ansan 426 791, Republic of Korea
Inorg Chem 48:2043-7. 2009..ZmID, ZID, and CID are all similar in terms of the H(2) sorption capacities (1.4-1.5 wt % at 77 K and 1 bar) and isosteric heat of H(2) adsorption (6-7 kJ/mol at low coverage)...
- Tissue expression of Squamous Cellular Carcinoma Antigen (SCCA) is inversely correlated to tumor size in HCCPaolo Trerotoli
Department of Internal Medicine, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Section of Internal Medicine, University of Bari Medical School, Bari, Italy
Mol Cancer 8:29. 2009..We studied 27 patients with liver cirrhosis (LC) and 55 with HCC: 20 with a single nodule < 3 cm (s-HCC) and 35 with a single nodule > 3 cm or multifocal (l-HCC)...
- 18F-FDG-PET and histopathology in 131I-lipiodol treatment for primary liver cancerJörn H Risse
Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Institute, Bad Honnef, Germany
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 24:445-52. 2009..In conclusion, large HCCs were significantly more often PET positive, but there was no correlation with the degree of differentiation. Follow-up PET may be useful if the tumor is first demonstrated to be FDG positive...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis-induced expression of Leukotactin-1 is mediated by the PI3-K/PDK1/Akt signaling pathwayJang Eun Cho
Department of Biomedical Laboratory Science, College of Health Sciences, Yonsei University, Wonju, 220 710, Korea
Mol Cells 29:35-9. 2010..These results suggest that Lkn-1 is novel member of the group of chemokines that is released by macrophages infected with MTB...
- Predictors for microinvasion of small hepatocellular carcinoma ≤ 2 cmYo ichi Yamashita
Department of Surgery, Hiroshima Red Cross Hospital and Atomic Bomb Survivors Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 19:2027-34. 2012..Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) ≤ 2 cm in diameter is considered to have a low potential for malignancy...
- Impact of diffusion-weighted MR imaging on the characterization of small hepatocellular carcinoma in the cirrhotic liverFrançois Le Moigne
Department of Radiology, La Croix Rousse Hospital, 103 Grande Rue de la Croix Rousse, 69004 Lyon, France
Magn Reson Imaging 30:656-65. 2012....
- Alpha-fetoprotein has no prognostic role in small hepatocellular carcinoma identified during surveillance in compensated cirrhosisEdoardo G Giannini
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Unita di Gastroenterologia, Universita di Genova, Italy
Hepatology 56:1371-9. 2012..536, 95% confidence interval = 0.465-0.606) to discriminate between survivors and deceased patients...
- [Biological function explore of protein CCL15 in HCC cell lines]Yue Guo Li
Department of Laboratory, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 20:372-6. 2012To explain biological function of protein CCL15 in HCC cell lines. The different expression level of CCL15 among HCC cell lines was validated by RT-PCR and Western blot...
- CC-chemokine CCL15 expression and possible implications for the pathogenesis of IgE-related severe asthmaYasuo Shimizu
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Maebashi Red Cross Hospital, 3 21 36 Asahi cho, Gunma, Maebashi 371 0014, Japan
Mediators Inflamm 2012:475253. 2012..The chemokine CCL15 is influenced by omalizumab, and the source of CCL15 has been reported to be airway smooth muscle cells and ..
- Loss of SMAD4 from colorectal cancer cells promotes CCL15 expression to recruit CCR1+ myeloid cells and facilitate liver metastasisYoshiro Itatani
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Gastroenterology 145:1064-1075.e11. 2013..In mice, colon tumors that express CCL9 recruit CCR1(+) myeloid cells, which facilitate tumor invasion and metastasis by secreting matrix metalloproteinase 9...
- Inflammatory Chemokines MIP-1δ and MIP-3α Are Involved in the Migration of Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Induced by Hepatoma CellsEsma Lejmi
1 Surgical Research Unit, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Stem Cells Dev 24:1223-35. 2015..In conclusion, we report that two inflammatory cytokines, MIP-1δ and MIP-3α, are able to increase MSC migration in vitro. These cytokines might be responsible for migration and evolvement of MSC into myofibroblasts around tumors. ..
- Surgical Resection Versus Radiofrequency Ablation for Single Hepatocellular Carcinoma ≤ 2 cm in a Propensity Score ModelPo Hong Liu
Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital Faculty of Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taiwan
Ann Surg 263:538-45. 2016..To evaluate the efficacy of surgical resection (SR) and radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for single hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) 2 cm or less...
- CCL15/CCR1 axis is involved in hepatocellular carcinoma cells migration and invasionYueguo Li
Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Clinical Research Center for Cancer, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, 300060, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 37:4501-7. 2016..Results from our previous study indicated that CCL15 can be a specific proteomic biomarker of hepatocellular carcinoma, which plays an important role in tumorigenesis ..
- Follicular thyroid carcinoma but not adenoma recruits tumor-associated macrophages by releasing CCL15Feng jiao Huang
Shanghai Key Laboratoryfor Endocrine Tumors, Shanghai Clinical Center for Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, Shanghai Institute of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases and Shanghai E institute for Endocrinology, Ruijin Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 197 Ruijin 2nd Road, Shanghai, 200025, P R China
BMC Cancer 16:98. 2016..Many efforts have been made but most focusing on tumor cells, while the roles of tumor associated macrophages (TAMs) remained unclear in FTC. Here we analyzed the differences between TAMs in FTC and those in FA...
- Epidemiology and outcomes of hepatitis C infection in elderly US VeteransH B El-Serag
Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas, USA
J Viral Hepat 23:687-96. 2016..However, receipt of curative treatment is associated with a benefit in reducing cirrhosis, HCC and overall mortality, irrespective of age. ..
- Disease-specific dynamic biomarkers selected by integrating inflammatory mediators with clinical informatics in ARDS patients with severe pneumoniaChengshui Chen
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, 710004, China
Cell Biol Toxicol 32:169-84. 2016..Our preliminary study suggested that integration of proteomic profiles with clinical informatics as part of clinical bioinformatics is important to validate and optimize disease-specific and disease-staged biomarkers...
- Hoarseness due to lymph node metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma: A case reportLin Xu
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, the Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University, Urumqi, Xinjiang 830011, P R China
Oncol Lett 12:918-920. 2016..The patient had undergone right hepatic lobectomy for HCC 2 years prior and received transarterial chemoembolization 4 times following resection...
- The assembly of thiophene-based bis-pyridyl-bis-amide CoII coordination polymers and their polypyrrole-functionalized hybrid materials for boosting their photocatalytic performancesXiu Li Wang
Department of Chemistry, Bohai University, Jinzhou, 121000, P R China
Dalton Trans 45:19341-19350. 2016..As a result, after being decorated with PPy, the photocatalytic properties of the hybrid materials, particularly PPy/CP3, have been observably enhanced for the degradation of methylene blue (MB) under visible light irradiation...
- Exposure to chemokines during maturation modulates antigen presenting cell function of mature macrophagesJae Kwon Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
Cell Immunol 234:1-8. 2005..These results suggest that the acquisition of APC function of mature macrophage is modulated significantly by the microenvironmental condition during development...
- Polarity and hydrophobicity interactions in protein synthesis processXu qing Li
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming 650051, PR China
J Theor Biol 240:87-97. 2006..TGG3' or 5'TGG...NCC3' which may perform as functional segments of rRNAs to help triggering the reaction of peptide formation, and common ..
- Autoantibodies to CCL3 are of low sensitivity and specificity for the diagnosis of type 1 diabetesGan Huang
Diabetes Center, 2nd Xiangya Hospital, Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Key Laboratory of Diabetes Immunology, Ministry of Education, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Acta Diabetol 49:395-9. 2012..9633 and 0.4095 vs. 0.0873, P = 0.012 and P = 0.034, respectively). We conclude that autoantibodies to CCL3 are of low sensitivity and specificity for T1D and cannot be used in the diagnosis of T1D...
- Science to practice: what do molecular biologic studies in rodent models add to our understanding of interventional oncologic procedures including percutaneous ablation by using glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase antagonists?S Nahum Goldberg
Image guided Therapy and Interventional Oncology Unit, Department of Radiology Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Radiology 262:737-9. 2012....
- Two Blood Monocytic Biomarkers (CCL15 and p21) Combined with the Mini-Mental State Examination Discriminate Alzheimer's Disease Patients from Healthy SubjectsTanja Hochstrasser
Laboratory of Psychiatry and Experimental Alzheimer s Research, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Dement Geriatr Cogn Dis Extra 1:297-309. 2011..In AD, monocytes migrate across the blood-brain barrier and differentiate into microglia, are linked to inflammatory responses and display age-dependent decreases in telomere lengths...
- Percutaneous pedicle screw implantation for refractory low back pain: from manual 2D to fully robotic intraoperative 2D/3D fluoroscopyC Raftopoulos
Department of Neurosurgery and Neuroradiology, Clinique Universitaire St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Adv Tech Stand Neurosurg 38:75-93. 2012....
- Early recurrence after curative resection in oligonodular hepatocellular carcinomaLiang Huang
Department of Hepatic Surgery I, Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Hepatogastroenterology 60:28-31. 2013..We conducted this retrospective study to observe the recurrence rate within 1 year after hepatectomy for oligonodular HCC (2 or 3 nodules) and investigate the risk factors for early recurrence...
- CCR1-mediated STAT3 tyrosine phosphorylation and CXCL8 expression in THP-1 macrophage-like cells involve pertussis toxin-insensitive Gα(14/16) signaling and IL-6 releaseMaggie M K Lee
Division of Life Science, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
J Immunol 189:5266-76. 2012..In this study, we demonstrated that a CCR1 agonist, leukotactin-1 (CCL15), could indeed stimulate STAT3 Tyr(705) and Ser(727) phosphorylation via pertussis toxin-insensitive G proteins in ..
- Activation of the nuclear receptor FXR enhances hepatocyte chemoprotection and liver tumor chemoresistance against genotoxic compoundsJavier Vaquero
University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1833:2212-9. 2013..Investigation of 109 genes potentially involved in chemoresistance revealed that only ABCB4, TCEA2, CCL14, CCL15 and KRT13 were up-regulated by FXR activation both in human hepatocytes and FXR/RXR-expressing hepatoma cells...
- 240 hepatocellular carcinomas: ultrasound features, tumor size, cytologic and histologic patterns, serum alpha-fetoprotein and HBs AgT Livraghi
Servizio di Radiologia, Ospedale Civile, Vimercate, Italia
Tumori 73:507-12. 1987..Since the discovery of a small HCC is an incidental ultrasonographic finding in the context of severe liver disease, ultrasonographic monitoring of cirrhotic patients is the best available strategy to screen for small HCC...
- The chemokine information source: identification and characterization of novel chemokines using the WorldWideWeb and expressed sequence tag databasesT N Wells
Geneva Biomedical Research Institute, Switzerland
J Leukoc Biol 61:545-50. 1997....
- Receptor expression and responsiveness of human dendritic cells to a defined set of CC and CXC chemokinesS Sozzani
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
J Immunol 159:1993-2000. 1997..Chemokines may play a role in the trafficking of DC under resting or stimulated conditions. Chemokine receptors expressed in DC are likely to underlie HIV infection of this cell type...
- Characterisation of macrophage inflammatory protein-5/human CC cytokine-2, a member of the macrophage-inflammatory-protein family of chemokinesF Coulin
Geneva Biomedical Research Institute, Switzerland
Eur J Biochem 248:507-15. 1997..Consistent with this binding data, MIP-5 was only able to induce calcium fluxes in CHO cells stably transfected with CCR1 or CCR3...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of human MIP-1 delta, a new C-C chemokine related to mouse CCF-18 and C10W Wang
Department of Immunobiology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Clin Immunol 18:214-22. 1998..Human MIP-1 delta is chemotactic for T cells and monocytes, but not for neutrophils, eosinophils, or B cells. Human MIP-1 delta induced calcium flux in human CCR1-transfected cells...
- Solution structure of the human CC chemokine 2: A monomeric representative of the CC chemokine subtypeH Sticht
Lehrstuhl für Biopolymere, Universitat Bayreuth, D 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
Biochemistry 38:5995-6002. 1999..Structural investigations with a HCC-2 mutant prove that a third additional disulfide bond present in wild-type HCC-2 is not necessary for maintaining the relative orientation of the helix and the beta-sheet...
- Different gene expression of MDM2, GAGE-1, -2 and FHIT in hepatocellular carcinoma and focal nodular hyperplasiaT Schlott
Department of Cytopathology, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
Br J Cancer 80:73-8. 1999..In contrast, MDM2 mutations and GAGE-1, -2 expression were associated with HCC specimens. Therefore, the RT-PCR assays for GAGE-1, -2 and MDM2 might be useful adjuncts in cytodiagnosis of liver neoplasms...
- [Albumin mRNA and pCEA in the histopathologic diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma]M P Foschini
Dipartimento di Oncologia, Ospedale Bellaria, Universita di Bologna
Pathologica 91:260-7. 1999..Detection of albumin mRNA showed a higher sensitivity. In addition the cRNA probe here used seems more sensitive that the oligonucleotide probes employed in previous studies...
- Triple co-localisation of two types of allatostatin and an allatotropin in the frontal ganglion of the lepidopteran Lacanobia oleracea (Noctuidae): innervation and action on the foregutH Duve
School of Biological Sciences, Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, UK
Cell Tissue Res 300:153-63. 2000..Y/FXFGL-NH2-immunoreactive material, but not allatotropin or Mas-AS, to the recurrent nerve via NCC 1+2 and NCC 3. All three peptides have a reversible effect on the spontaneous (peristaltic) contractions of the foregut (crop) ..
- Transforming growth factor beta1 and soluble Fas serum levels in hepatocellular carcinomaR Sacco
Department of Internal Medicine, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, University of Bari Medical School, Policlinico, Bari, 70124, Italy
Cytokine 12:811-4. 2000..However, in the 23% of HCC patients, with normal AFP values TGF-beta1 levels were higher than the cut off. These findings suggest the potential usefulness for TGF-beta1 assay in AFP-negative HCC...
- Truncation of NH2-terminal amino acid residues increases agonistic potency of leukotactin-1 on CC chemokine receptors 1 and 3Jae Kwon Lee
College of Pharmacy and Research Center for Bioresource and Health, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, South Korea
J Biol Chem 277:14757-63. 2002..Our results indicate that posttranslational modification is a potential mechanism for the regulation of biological activity of Lkn-1...
- Chemotaxis of human tonsil B lymphocytes to CC chemokine receptor (CCR) 1, CCR2 and CCR4 ligands is restricted to non-germinal center cellsAnna Corcione
Laboratory of Oncology, G Gaslini Institute, Largo G Gaslini 5, 16148 Genova, Italy
Int Immunol 14:883-92. 2002..e. macrophage inflammatory protein (MIP)-1alpha/CCL3, MIP-1beta/CCL4, MIP-3alpha/CCL20, MIP-5/CCL15, monocyte chemotactic protein (MCP)-1/CCL2, MCP-2/CCL8, MCP-3/CCL7, eotaxin/CCL11 and macrophage-derived chemokine ..
- Chronic liver disease in diabetes mellitusD Amarapurkar
Department of Gastroenterology, Bombay Hospital and Medical Research Center, Mumbai, India
Trop Gastroenterol 23:3-5. 2002..The association of diabetes with liver disease is well known...
- A quantitative gene expression study suggests a role for angiopoietins in focal nodular hyperplasiaValerie Paradis
Service d Anatomie Pathologique and Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 124:651-9. 2003..To gain insight into the pathogenesis of FNH, we performed a large-scale quantitative study of gene expression in FNH...
- Expression of macrophage inflammatory protein-3 beta/CCL19 in pulmonary sarcoidosisAgata Gibejova
Department of Immunology, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:1695-703. 2003..This novel chemokine, therefore, represents a candidate for studies of sarcoidosis pathobiologic mechanisms...
- Decreasing incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma among children following universal hepatitis B immunizationMei Hwei Chang
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Liver Int 23:309-14. 2003..This concept of cancer vaccine can be applied to other infectious agents and their related cancers...
- Purification and refolding of a novel cancer/testis antigen BJ-HCC-2 expressed in the inclusion bodies of Escherichia coliXiao Ang Yang
Department of Immunology, School of Basic Medical Science, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
Protein Expr Purif 33:332-8. 2004..This method of protein purification and refolding is easy to manipulate and may be applicable to the hydrophobic proteins that are unable to be purified by other methods...
- Human LZIP binds to CCR1 and differentially affects the chemotactic activities of CCR1-dependent chemokinesJesang Ko
Asan Institute for Life Sciences, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
FASEB J 18:890-2. 2004....
- Favorable surgical outcomes in patients with early hepatocellular carcinomaMasakazu Yamamoto
Department of Surgery, Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Surg 239:395-9. 2004..However, the surgical outcomes in patients with early HCC have not yet been clarified...
- Macrophage inflammatory protein-1M Maurer
Department of Dermatology, University of Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, Mainz 55101, Germany
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:1882-6. 2004..These proteins termed CCL3 (MIP-1alpha), CCL4 (MIP-1beta), CCL9/10 (MIP-1delta), and CCL15 (MIP-1gamma) according to the revised nomenclature for chemokines are produced by many cells, particularly ..
- Identification of NH(2)-terminal amino acid residues essential for the biological activity of leukotactin-1Jae Kwon Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, South Korea
Immunol Lett 99:63-8. 2005..These results identify that alanine-aspartic acid residues preceding the first cysteine at the NH(2)-terminus are essential for the binding and biological activity of Lkn-1...
- The synthesis of substituted bipiperidine amide compounds as CCR3 ligands: antagonists versus agonistsPauline C Ting
Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:3020-3. 2005..Optimization of the structure-activity relationship of compound 4a has resulted in the identification of a CCR3 antagonist 4i as well as a CCR3 agonist 13...
- Differential CCR1-mediated chemotaxis signaling induced by human CC chemokine HCC-4/CCL16 in HOS cellsIn Sik Kim
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul 136 701, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 579:6044-8. 2005..of HCC-4 as well as those of other CCR1-dependent chemokines including MIP-1alpha/CCL3, RANTES/CCL5, and Lkn-1/CCL15 was inhibited by the treatment of pertussis toxin, an inhibitor of Gi/Go protein, U73122, an inhibitor of ..
- Hcc-2, a novel mammalian ER thioredoxin that is differentially expressed in hepatocellular carcinomaPeter Morin Nissom
Bioprocessing Technology Institute, 06 01, Centros, 20 Biopolis Way, Singapore 138668, Singapore
FEBS Lett 580:2216-26. 2006..This work demonstrates that an integrated proteomics and genomics approach can be a very powerful means of discovering potential diagnostic and therapeutic protein targets for cancer therapy...
- Hypoxia modifies the transcriptome of primary human monocytes: modulation of novel immune-related genes and identification of CC-chemokine ligand 20 as a new hypoxia-inducible geneMaria Carla Bosco
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, G Gaslini Institute, Genova, Italy
J Immunol 177:1941-55. 2006..molecules (CD32, CD64, CD69, CD89, CMRF-35H, ITGB5, LAIR1, LIR9), chemokines/cytokines and receptors (CCL23, CCL15, CCL8, CCR1, CCR2, RDC1, IL-23A, IL-6ST)...
- Hypothyroidism: a possible risk factor for liver cancer in patients with no known underlying cause of liver diseaseArvind Reddy
Miles and Shirley Fiterman Center for Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:118-23. 2007..Animal studies suggest that hypothyroidism can directly cause liver cell damage and might be a risk factor for HCC. We conducted a case-control study to evaluate the relationship between hypothyroidism and HCC...
- Transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: The Milan criteria and beyondRichard B Freeman
Division of Transplant Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Liver Transpl 12:S8-13. 2006..5. Liver allocation for HCC candidates in the context of increasing HCC prevalence requires better and evidence-based prioritization policies...
- Interferon therapy in HBeAg positive chronic hepatitis reduces progression to cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinomaShi Ming Lin
Liver Research Unit, Chang Gung University and Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Hepatol 46:45-52. 2007..The long-term outcomes of interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) therapy in hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg) seropositive patients remain controversial. This study was conducted to address this issue...
- Model for end-stage liver disease score-based allocation of donors for liver transplantation: a spanish multicenter experienceManuel De la Mata
Liver Transplant Unit, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain 2Andalusian Transplant Coordinating Office, Sevilla, Spain
Transplantation 82:1429-35. 2006..We present the experience of four transplant centers in Andalusia (Southern Spain) with a new consensus model of WL management based on the Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) score...
- Induction of host chemotactic response by Encephalitozoon sppJeffrey Fischer
Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University, 202 Life Sciences Building, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Infect Immun 75:1619-25. 2007..involved in the inflammatory responses whose expression was upregulated, including CCL1, CCL2, CCL3, CCL4, CCL7, CCL15, CCL20, CXCL1, CXCL2, CXCL3, CXCL5, and CXCL8...
- Expression of immunomodulatory genes in human monocytes induced by voriconazole in the presence of Aspergillus fumigatusM Simitsopoulou
Immunocompromised Host Section, Pediatric Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bldg 10, CRC 1 5750, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:1048-54. 2007..of VRC, a large number of genes such as CCL3 (MIP1A), CCL4 (MIP1B), CCL5 (RANTES), CCL7 (MCP3), CCL11 (EOTAXIN), CCL15 (MIP1Delta), CXCL6, and CXCL13 were strongly up-regulated in THP-1 cells challenged by HF, whereas CCL20 (MIP3A) ..
- Glycogen storage disease type III-hepatocellular carcinoma a long-term complication?Erin Demo
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3528, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Hepatol 46:492-8. 2007..Hepatic involvement is considered mild, self-limiting and improves with age. With increased survival, a few cases of liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) have been reported...
- Somatic mutations at the trinucleotide repeats of androgen receptor gene in male hepatocellular carcinomaShiou Hwei Yeh
Department of Microbiology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Cancer 120:1610-7. 2007..In conclusion, the mis-sense somatic mutations of AR were rare in HCC but the TNR change was a more common one, which exclusively occurred in males. Moreover, the length of TNR carried clinical significance in special HCC group...
- Aberrant DNA Methylation of MicroRNA Genes in Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC)Jing Shen; Fiscal Year: 2012..PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 06/09) Page Continuation Format Page ..
- GORDON SHOJI OKIMOTO; Fiscal Year: 2016..This proposal is submitted in response to NIH PA-08-243. ..
- Effect of MIP-1 delta on Osteoclast Development and Pathological Bone ResorptionScott L Kominsky; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Genes Related to HCC Progression in LD and DD TransplantRobert A Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Multigene Kinase Network, Kidney Transport and Salt in Essential HypertensionPaul A Welling; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Overcoming Barriers to Early Phase Clinical TrialsBruce Chabner; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Systematic Integration POR into Clinical Pathway of HCCMyron Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..This program provides a truly remarkable opportunity to make meaningful progress in understanding, preventing and treating HCC, while in the process providing fertile training ground for young physician-scientists. ..
- Perilous Effects of Methamphetamine on SIV/AIDSHoward Fox; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition to in vivo and pathological studies, we will perform in vitro studies on CCL15, a proinflammatory chemokine found to be upregulated by METH in astrocytes, and a potential mediator of neuronal ..
- Tumor Ablation using RadiofrequencyS Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..RF tissue heating and coagulation will be compared to determine the best method for increasing RF ablation efficacy in each tumor and tissue model. ..
- Enhanced RF Tumor Ablation with Liposomal ChemotherapyS Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Liver Transplantation for Hepatocellular CarcinomaRichard Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, these analyses will serve to support future developments of prospective clinical trials. ..