Gene Symbol: CASS4
Description: Cas scaffolding protein family member 4
Alias: C20orf32, CAS4, HEFL, HEPL, cas scaffolding protein family member 4, HEF-like protein, HEF1-EFS-p130Cas-like protein
- Cas proteins: dodgy scaffolding in breast cancerGiusy Tornillo
Department of Molecular Biotechnology and Health Sciences, University of Torino, Torino 10126, Italy European Cancer Stem Cell Research Institute and Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF24 4HQ, UK
Breast Cancer Res 16:443. 2014The members of the Cas protein family (p130Cas/BCAR1, Nedd9/HEF1, EFS and CASS4) are scaffold proteins required for the assembly of signal transduction complexes in response to several stimuli, such as growth factors, hormones and ..
- Invited article: advanced drag-free concepts for future space-based interferometers: acceleration noise performanceD Gerardi
Astrium Satellites, Claude Dornier Strasse, Friedrichshafen 88090, Germany
Rev Sci Instrum 85:011301. 2014..promising concepts have been proposed with potential applications beyond LISA and are currently investigated at HEPL, Stanford, and EADS Astrium, Germany...
- The filamentous ascomycete Sordaria macrospora can survive in ambient air without carbonic anhydrasesRonny Lehneck
Institute of Microbiology and Genetics, Department of Genetics of Eukaryotic Microorganisms, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Mol Microbiol 92:931-44. 2014..Here, we present a functional analysis of CAS4, the S. macrospora α-class CA. The CAS4 protein was post-translationally glycosylated and secreted...
- Classification and evolution of type II CRISPR-Cas systemsKrzysztof Chylinski
The Laboratory for Molecular Infection Medicine Sweden MIMS, Umeå Centre for Microbial Research UCMR, Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, Umea 90187, Sweden Max F Perutz Laboratories, University of Vienna, Vienna 1030, Austria
Nucleic Acids Res 42:6091-105. 2014..Phylogenomic analysis suggests that at least three cas genes, cas1, cas2 and cas4, and the CRISPR repeats of the type II-B system were acquired via recombination with a type I CRISPR-Cas locus...
- Alzheimer's disease risk genes and mechanisms of disease pathogenesisCeleste M Karch
Department of Psychiatry and Hope Center for Neurological Disorders, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri
Biol Psychiatry 77:43-51. 2015..of polymorphisms in thousands of subjects-have revealed new genes associated with AD risk, including ABCA7, BIN1, CASS4, CD33, CD2AP, CELF1, CLU, CR1, DSG2, EPHA1, FERMT2, HLA-DRB5-DBR1, INPP5D, MS4A, MEF2C, NME8, PICALM, PTK2B, ..
- CAS proteins in health and disease: an updateAnna S Nikonova
Program in Developmental Therapeutics, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
IUBMB Life 66:387-95. 2014..BCAR1 (also known as p130Cas), NEDD9 (HEF1, Cas-L), EFS (Sin), and CASS4 (HEPL) are regulated by and mediate cell attachment, growth factor, and chemokine signaling...
- Genetic determinants of disease progression in Alzheimer's diseaseXingbin Wang
Department of Human Genetics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA Department of Biostatistics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 43:649-55. 2015..05) either within or adjacent to seven known LOAD genes (INPP5D, MEF2C, TREM2, EPHA1, PTK2B, FERMT2, and CASS4) that harbor both risk and protective SNPs...
- Genome-wide association meta-analysis of neuropathologic features of Alzheimer's disease and related dementiasGary W Beecham
John P Hussman Institute for Human Genomics, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, United States of America
PLoS Genet 10:e1004606. 2014..in our clinico-pathologic sample: CR1, BIN1, CLU, MS4A6A, PICALM, ABCA7, CD33, PTK2B, SORL1, MEF2C, ZCWPW1, and CASS4 with 9 of these 12 loci showing larger odds ratio in the clinico-pathologic sample...
- The CRISPR-associated Cas4 protein Pcal_0546 from Pyrobaculum calidifontis contains a [2Fe-2S] cluster: crystal structure and nuclease activitySofia Lemak
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E5, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 42:11144-55. 2014b>Cas4 nucleases constitute a core family of CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) associated proteins, but little is known about their structure and activity...
- Genetics of Alzheimer's diseaseVincent Chouraki
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA, USA
Adv Genet 87:245-94. 2014..MS4A4/MS4A6, ABCA7, CD2AP, SORL1, HLA-DRB5/DRB1, PTK2B, SLC24A4-RIN3, INPP5D, MEF2C, NME8, ZCWPW1, CELF1, FERMT2, CASS4, and TRIP4 and each has small effects on risk of AD (relative risks of 1.1-1.3)...
- Genome-wide association study for refractive astigmatism reveals genetic co-determination with spherical equivalent refractive error: the CREAM consortiumQing Li
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, 333 Cassell Drive Suite 1200, Baltimore, MD, 21224, USA
Hum Genet 134:131-46. 2015..Analysis of additional markers provided evidence supporting widespread genetic co-susceptibility for spherical and astigmatic refractive errors. ..
- Transcriptional regulator-mediated activation of adaptation genes triggers CRISPR de novo spacer acquisitionTao Liu
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, P R China
Nucleic Acids Res 43:1044-55. 2015..Csa3a, a MarR-like transcription factor encoded by the gene located adjacent to csa1, cas1, cas2 and cas4 cluster, but on the reverse strand, was demonstrated to specifically bind to the csa1 and cas1 promoters with the ..
- Adaptation of the Haloarcula hispanica CRISPR-Cas system to a purified virus strictly requires a priming processMing Li
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China and University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China
Nucleic Acids Res 42:2483-92. 2014..Unexpectedly, in addition to Cas1, Cas2 and Cas4, this process also requires Cas3 and at least partial Cascade proteins, which are involved in interference and/or ..
- Embryonal Fyn-associated substrate (EFS) and CASS4: The lesser-known CAS protein family membersAlexander Deneka
Molecular Therapeutics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, 19111, United States Kazan Federal University, 420000, Kazan, Russian Federation
Gene 570:25-35. 2015..adaptor protein family consists of four members: CASS1/BCAR1/p130Cas, CASS2/NEDD9/HEF1/Cas-L, CASS3/EFS/Sin and CASS4/HEPL...
- Evolution of an archaeal virus nucleocapsid protein from the CRISPR-associated Cas4 nucleaseMart Krupovic
Department of Microbiology, Unité Biologie Moléculaire du Gène chez les Extrêmophiles, Institut Pasteur, Paris, 75015, France
Biol Direct 10:65. 2015..modeling to show that a nucleocapsid protein (TP1) of Thermoproteus tenax virus 1 (TTV1) is a derivative of the Cas4 nuclease, a component of the CRISPR-Cas adaptive immunity system that is encoded also by several archaeal viruses...
- Dual nuclease activity of a Cas2 protein in CRISPR-Cas subtype I-B of Leptospira interrogansBhuvan Dixit
Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam, India
FEBS Lett 590:1002-16. 2016..interrogans where cas4, cas1, cas2 and cas6, cas3, cas8, cas7, cas5 are clustered together in two independent operons...
- Gene-based aggregate SNP associations between candidate AD genes and cognitive declineJasmine Nettiksimmons
Department of Psychiatry, University of San Francisco California, 4150 Clement Street, Box VAMC 116H, San Francisco, CA, 94121, USA
Age (Dordr) 38:41. 2016Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in and near ABCA7, BIN1, CASS4, CD2AP, CD33, CELF1, CLU, complement receptor 1 (CR1), EPHA1, EXOC3L2, FERMT2, HLA cluster (DRB5-DQA), INPP5D, MEF2C, MS4A cluster (MS4A3-MS4A6E), NME8, PICALM, PTK2B, ..
- The Bacteriophage Carrier State of Campylobacter jejuni Features Changes in Host Non-coding RNAs and the Acquisition of New Host-derived CRISPR Spacer SequencesSteven P T Hooton
Division of Food Sciences, School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham Loughborough, UK
Front Microbiol 7:355. 2016..DNA protospacers in Campylobacter jejuni PT14 occurs in the presence of bacteriophages encoding a CRISPR-like Cas4 protein...
- Functional screening of Alzheimer risk loci identifies PTK2B as an in vivo modulator and early marker of Tau pathologyP Dourlen
Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Mol Psychiatry . 2016..Drosophila Amph (ortholog of BIN1), which we previously implicated in Tau pathology, we identified p130CAS (CASS4), Eph (EPHA1), Fak (PTK2B) and Rab3-GEF (MADD) as Tau toxicity modulators...
- Effects of oral calcium supplementation on productive and reproductive performance in Holstein cowsN Martinez
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611 DH Barron Reproductive and Perinatal Biology Research Program, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611
J Dairy Sci 99:8417-30. 2016..Ca on d 0 and 1 postpartum (CaS1), or 86g of Ca on d 0 and 1 postpartum followed by 43g/d on d 2 to 4 postpartum (CaS4)...
- Effects of oral calcium supplementation on mineral and acid-base status, energy metabolites, and health of postpartum dairy cowsN Martinez
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611
J Dairy Sci 99:8397-416. 2016..Ca on d 0 and 1 postpartum (CaS1); or 86g of Ca on d 0 and 1 postpartum followed by 43g/d on d 2 to 4 postpartum (CaS4)...
- A comparative analysis of the DNA recombination repair pathway in mycobacterial genomesAmandeep Singh
Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, Karnataka, India
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 99:109-19. 2016..Holliday junction binding role present in 41 mycobacterial genomes and that of a RecB-like nuclease, containing a cas4 domain, present in 42 genomes...
- Overexpression of CASS4 promotes invasion in non-small cell lung cancer by activating the AKT signaling pathway and inhibiting E-cadherin expressionAilin Li
Department of Radiotherapy, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Tumour Biol 37:15157-15164. 2016..As the fourth member of the CAS family, CASS4 is also related with positive lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in lung cancer...
- Toroidal structure and DNA cleavage by the CRISPR-associated [4Fe-4S] cluster containing Cas4 nuclease SSO0001 from Sulfolobus solfataricusSofia Lemak
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E5, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 135:17476-87. 2013b>Cas4 proteins, a core protein family associated with the microbial system of adaptive immunity CRISPR, are predicted to function in the adaptation step of the CRISPR mechanism...
- Novel configurations of type I and II CRISPR-Cas systems in Corynebacterium diphtheriaeVartul Sangal
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 161 Cathedral Street, Glasgow G4 0RE, UK
Microbiology 159:2118-26. 2013..The type II-C system was the most common (11/17 isolates) but it lacked the csn2 and cas4 genes that are involved in spacer acquisition...
- The CRISPR-associated gene cas2 of Legionella pneumophila is required for intracellular infection of amoebaeFELIZZA F GUNDERSON
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Northwestern University, Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
MBio 4:e00074-13. 2013..pneumophila strain 130b chromosome, we detected a subtype II-B CRISPR-Cas locus that contains cas9, cas1, cas2, cas4, and an array with 60 repeats and 58 unique spacers...
- Characterization of CRISPR RNA biogenesis and Cas6 cleavage-mediated inhibition of a provirus in the haloarchaeon Haloferax mediterraneiMing Li
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
J Bacteriol 195:867-75. 2013..With genetic approaches, we discovered that the lack of Cas1, Cas3, or Cas4 unexpectedly resulted in a decrease of CRISPR transcripts, while Cas5, Cas6, and Cas7 were found to be essential in ..
- The CRISPR associated protein Cas4 Is a 5' to 3' DNA exonuclease with an iron-sulfur clusterJing Zhang
Biomedical Sciences Research Complex, University of St Andrews, Fife, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e47232. 2012The Cas4 protein is one of the core CRISPR-associated (Cas) proteins implicated in the prokaryotic CRISPR system for antiviral defence...
- Overexpression and cytoplasmic accumulation of Hepl is associated with clinicopathological parameters and poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancerYuan Miao
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Tumour Biol 34:107-14. 2013b>Hepl, first described in 2008, is the fourth member of the Crk-associated substrate (CAS) family and is specifically expressed in the lung...
- Characterization of the CRISPR/Cas subtype I-A system of the hyperthermophilic crenarchaeon Thermoproteus tenaxAndré Plagens
Institute of Biology, Microbiology I, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Bacteriol 194:2491-500. 2012..CRISPR/Cas subtype I-A, and the core cas genes are shown to be arranged on two polycistronic transcripts: cascis (cas4, cas1/2, and csa1) and cascade (csa5, cas7, cas5a, cas3, cas3', and cas8a2)...
- [Classical taxomomies]G Iu Liubarskiĭ
Zh Obshch Biol 67:389-96. 2006..e., a theory of meron organization that woud hepl establish the relationship of taxonomic systems developed for different merons.
- Molecular and serological analysis of polymorphisms in the murine major histocompatibility complex-encoded proteasome subunits, LMP-2 and LMP-7D Nandi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Cincinnati, OH 45267 0524, USA
Exp Clin Immunogenet 13:20-9. 1996..Interestingly, a single amino acid change at position 272 between LMP-7b,d,q and LMP-7k,s,f,x,g7, cas4 from glycine to arginine dramatically affects its migration on SDS-PAGE gels, suggesting the possibility of allele-..
- No dosage effect of recombinational hotspots in the mouse major histocompatibility complexM Yoshino
Department of Cell Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Japan
Immunogenetics 39:381-9. 1994..The wm7 and cas3 haplotypes have a hotspot close to the Lmp-2 gene (Lmp-2 hotspot), and the cas4 haplotype has a hotspot about 100 kilobase (kb) proximal, close to the Pb gene (Pb hotspot)...
- Identification of genes that are associated with DNA repeats in prokaryotesRuud Jansen
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Bacteriology Division, Veterinary Faculty, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 1, 3584 CL Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Microbiol 43:1565-75. 2002..The cas3 gene showed motifs characteristic for helicases of the superfamily 2, and the cas4 gene showed motifs of the RecB family of exonucleases, suggesting that these genes are involved in DNA metabolism ..
- Immunotherapy with a depigmented, polymerized vaccine of Olea europaea pollen allergens. Significantly reduces specific bronchial and skin test reactivity in sensitized patients after one year of treatmentF Guerra
Servicio de Alergia, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 13:108-17. 2003..a maximum concentration of 44 micrograms/ml of the depigmented, polymerized allergen extract (equivalent to 100 HEPL of the native unmodified extract)...
- Clustered regularly interspaced short palindrome repeats (CRISPRs) have spacers of extrachromosomal originAlexander Bolotin
Génétique Microbienne, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy en Josas, France
Microbiology 151:2551-61. 2005..CRISPR structures are found in the vicinity of four genes named cas1 to cas4. In silico analysis revealed another cluster of three genes associated with CRISPR structures in many bacterial ..
- A guild of 45 CRISPR-associated (Cas) protein families and multiple CRISPR/Cas subtypes exist in prokaryotic genomesDaniel H Haft
The Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville, Maryland, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 1:e60. 2005..Four CRISPR-associated (Cas) protein families, designated Cas1 to Cas4, are strictly associated with CRISPR elements and always occur near a repeat cluster...
- Treatment of idiopathic cutaneous hyperchromia of the orbital region (ICHOR) with intense pulsed lightNatalia Cymrot Cymbalista
Dermatology Division, Hospital das Clínicas of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dermatol Surg 32:773-83; discussion 783-4. 2006..Idiopathic cutaneous hyperchromia of the orbital region (ICHOR) does not have a clear etiopathogenesis. Genetic factors, increased melanin, prominent vasculature, and eyelid skin slackness seem to be involved...
- The tumor-growth inhibitory activity of flavanone and 2'-OH flavanone in vitro and in vivo through induction of cell cycle arrest and suppression of cyclins and CDKsYung Chin Hsiao
Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 14:107-19. 2007..We determined that flavanone and 2'-OH flavanone inhibited cell growth of A549, LLC, AGS, SK-Hepl and HA22T cancer cells, while other flavanones showed little or no inhibition...
- A novel Cas family member, HEPL, regulates FAK and cell spreadingMahendra K Singh
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:1627-36. 2008..We here report a previously undescribed novel branch of the Cas protein family, designated HEPL (for HEF1-Efs-p130Cas-like)...
- CAS proteins in normal and pathological cell growth controlNadezhda Tikhmyanova
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA, 19111, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:1025-48. 2010Proteins of the CAS (Crk-associated substrate) family (BCAR1/p130Cas, NEDD9/HEF1/Cas-L, EFS/SIN and CASS4/HEPL) are integral players in normal and pathological cell biology...
- Dcas supports cell polarization and cell-cell adhesion complexes in developmentNadezhda Tikhmyanova
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12369. 2010..the presence of four paralogous Cas family members in mammals (BCAR1/p130Cas, EFS/Sin1, NEDD9/HEF1/Cas-L, and CASS4/HEPL) has limited their analysis in development...
- Sequencing and analysis of chromosomal extremities of Trypanosoma rangeli in comparison with Trypanosoma cruzi lineagesMarlene Cabrine-Santos
Discipline of Parasitology, Department of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Triangulo Mineiro, 38025 180, Uberaba, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Parasitol Res 108:459-66. 2011..The GTT triplet was detected in all KP1(+) strains, except for strain Cas4, but not in any of the KP1(-) strains. The dendrogram constructed by alignment of all T...
- Surface supercharged human enteropeptidase light chain shows improved solubility and refolding yieldPeter Simeonov
Ultrasensitive Protein Detection Unit, Institute of Bioanalytical Chemistry, Center for Biotechnology and Biomedicine, University of Leipzig, Deutscher Platz 5, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Protein Eng Des Sel 24:261-8. 2011..Recombinant human enteropeptidase light chain (hEPL) shows high activity but low solubility and refolding yields, currently limiting its use in biotechnological ..
- Characterization of the multiple CRISPR loci on Streptomyces linear plasmid pSHK1Peng Guo
Key Laboratory of Synthetic Biology, Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 43:630-9. 2011..CRISPR-associated) genes were found, including a cluster of eight cas genes, in the order cas2B-cas1B-cas3B-cas5-cas4-cas2A-cas1A-cas3A, bracketed by a pair of divergent CRISPRs, and five other dispersed CRISPRs...
- NEDD9 and BCAR1 negatively regulate E-cadherin membrane localization, and promote E-cadherin degradationNadezhda Tikhmyanova
Developmental Therapeutics, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22102. 2011The Cas scaffolding proteins (NEDD9/HEF1/CAS-L, BCAR1/p130Cas, EFSSIN, and HEPL/CASS4) regulate cell migration, division and survival, and are often deregulated in cancer...