Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: caspase-7
Description: caspase 7
Alias: CASP-7, CMH-1, ICE-LAP3, LICE2, MCH3, caspase-7, ICE-like apoptotic protease 3, apoptotic protease MCH-3, caspase 7, apoptosis-related cysteine peptidase, caspase 7, apoptosis-related cysteine protease
Publications272 found, 100 shown here
- Human caspase 7 is positively controlled by SREBP-1 and SREBP-2Laure Gibot
INSERM, UMR 613, Universite de Brest, 22 avenue Camille Desmoulins, Brest Cedex 3, France
Biochem J 420:473-83. 2009..Cell. Biol. 25, 9621-9631], caspase 7 may also be induced by statins and is under the positive control of SREBP (sterol-regulatory-element-binding ..
- HIV-1 viral protein r induces ERK and caspase-8-dependent apoptosis in renal tubular epithelial cellsAlexandra Snyder
Department of Nephrology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
AIDS 24:1107-19. 2010..HIV-1 viral protein r (Vpr) has been implicated in HIV-induced RTEC apoptosis but the mechanisms of Vpr-induced RTEC apoptosis are unknown. The aim of this study was therefore to determine the mechanisms of Vpr-induced apoptosis in RTEC...
- Hsp70 regulates erythropoiesis by preventing caspase-3-mediated cleavage of GATA-1Jean Antoine Ribeil
CNRS UMR 8147, Faculté de Médecine et Université René Descartes Paris V, Institut Fédérative Necker, 75270 Paris, France
Nature 445:102-5. 2007..These effects are abrogated by the transduction of a caspase-resistant GATA-1 mutant. Thus, in erythroid precursors undergoing terminal differentiation, Hsp70 prevents active caspase-3 from cleaving GATA-1 and inducing apoptosis...
- Virion-associated Vpr of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 triggers activation of apoptotic events and enhances fas-induced apoptosis in human T cellsHubert Arokium
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, University of California at Los Angeles, David Geffen School of Medicine, 615 Charles E Young Dr South, BSRB 173, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Virol 83:11283-97. 2009..These findings suggest that virion-associated Vpr can contribute to the depletion of CD4(+) lymphocytes either directly or by enhancing Fas-mediated apoptosis during acute HIV-1 infection and in AIDS...
- Identification and mapping of Casp7, a cysteine protease resembling CPP32 beta, interleukin-1 beta converting enzyme, and CED-3T S Juan
Department of Developmental Hematology, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Genomics 40:86-93. 1997..6-kb Casp7 mRNA was expressed in various tissues except brain. Mouse interspecific backcross mapping allowed localization of Casp7 to the distal region of mouse chromosome 19, linked to Mxi1, Adra2a, and Aop1...
- The c-IAP-1 and c-IAP-2 proteins are direct inhibitors of specific caspasesN Roy
The Burnham Institute, Program on Apoptosis and Cell Death Research, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
EMBO J 16:6914-25. 1997..Taken together, these findings suggest that c-IAP-1 and c-IAP-2 function similarly to XIAP by inhibiting the distal cell death proteases, caspases-3 and -7, whereas NAIP presumably inhibits apoptosis via other targets...
- Caspase-7 uses an exosite to promote poly(ADP ribose) polymerase 1 proteolysisDave Boucher
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Institut de Pharmacologie de Sherbrooke, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada J1H 5N4
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:5669-74. 2012..In summary, we have uncovered a role for the N-terminal domain (NTD) and the N-terminal peptide of caspase-7 in promoting key substrate proteolysis...
- CPP32, a novel human apoptotic protein with homology to Caenorhabditis elegans cell death protein Ced-3 and mammalian interleukin-1 beta-converting enzymeT Fernandes-Alnemri
Department of Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J Biol Chem 269:30761-4. 1994..The apoptotic activity of CPP32 and its high expression in lymphocytes suggest that CPP32 is an important mediator of apoptosis in the immune system...
- Processing and activation of CMH-1 by granzyme BY Gu
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 271:10816-20. 1996..The cleavage and activation of CMH-1 by granzyme B in vitro sugge st that, in addition to CPP32, CMH-1 may also play a role in CTL-mediated cell killing...
- Identification of caspases that cleave presenilin-1 and presenilin-2. Five presenilin-1 (PS1) mutations do not alter the sensitivity of PS1 to caspasesM Van de Craen
Department of Molecular Biology, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology and University of Gent, Belgium
FEBS Lett 445:149-54. 1999..None of five missense mutations affected the sensitivity of PSI to caspase-mediated cleavage. This suggests that AD pathogenesis associated with PS1 missense mutations cannot be explained by a change in caspase-dependent processing...
- Calpain-1 cleaves and activates caspase-7Juliette Gafni
Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25441-9. 2009..Our studies suggest the calpain-activated form of caspase-7 has unique enzymatic activity, localization, and binding affinity when compared with the caspase-activated form...
- In vitro activation of CPP32 and Mch3 by Mch4, a novel human apoptotic cysteine protease containing two FADD-like domainsT Fernandes-Alnemri
Center for Apoptosis Research and the Kimmel Cancer Center Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:7464-9. 1996..These observations suggest that CPP32 and Mch3 are targets of mature Mch4 protease in apoptotic cells...
- X-linked IAP is a direct inhibitor of cell-death proteasesQ L Deveraux
The Burnham Institute, Program on Apoptosis and Cell Death Research, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 388:300-4. 1997....
- Caspase cleavage of keratin 18 and reorganization of intermediate filaments during epithelial cell apoptosisC Caulin
The Burnham Institute formerly the La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 138:1379-94. 1997....
- Caspases: the executioners of apoptosisG M Cohen
MRC Toxicology Unit, University of Leicester, U K
Biochem J 326:1-16. 1997..Cells undergoing apoptosis following triggering of death receptors execute the death programme by activating a hierarchy of caspases, with caspase-8 and possibly caspase-10 being at or near the apex of this apoptotic cascade...
- Ordering the cytochrome c-initiated caspase cascade: hierarchical activation of caspases-2, -3, -6, -7, -8, and -10 in a caspase-9-dependent mannerE A Slee
Molecular Cell Biology Laboratory, Department of Biology, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
J Cell Biol 144:281-92. 1999..Caspase-3 is required for the activation of four other caspases (-2, -6, -8, and -10) in this pathway and also participates in a feedback amplification loop involving caspase-9...
- Phosphorylation of presenilin-2 regulates its cleavage by caspases and retards progression of apoptosisJ Walter
Central Institute of Mental Health, Department of Molecular Biology, J5, 68159 Mannheim, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:1391-6. 1999..Alterations in the phosphorylation of PS-2 may therefore promote the pathogenesis of AD by affecting the susceptibility of neurons to apoptotic stimuli...
- Caspase-2 is localized at the Golgi complex and cleaves golgin-160 during apoptosisM Mancini
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Cell Biol 149:603-12. 2000..We propose that the Golgi complex, like mitochondria, senses and integrates unique local conditions, and transduces pro-apoptotic signals through local caspases, which regulate local effectors...
- Apoptotic cleavage of cytoplasmic dynein intermediate chain and p150(Glued) stops dynein-dependent membrane motilityJ D Lane
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 153:1415-26. 2001....
- Targeting of the transcription factor Max during apoptosis: phosphorylation-regulated cleavage by caspase-5 at an unusual glutamic acid residue in position P1A Krippner-Heidenreich
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Biochem J 358:705-15. 2001....
- Inactivating mutations of CASPASE-7 gene in human cancersYoung Hwa Soung
College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Socho gu, Seoul 137 701, Korea
Oncogene 22:8048-52. 2003....
- Loss of caspase-2, -6 and -7 expression in gastric cancersNam Jin Yoo
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
APMIS 112:330-5. 2004....
- Caspase 7 influences susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritisJ R Garcia-Lozano
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Avda Manuel Siurot s n, 41013 Sevilla, Spain
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:1243-7. 2007The aim of this study was to investigate the possible role of the caspase 7 (CASP7) in susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Polymorphisms in the Caspase7 gene and the risk of lung cancerWon Kee Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 422, Republic of Korea
Lung Cancer 65:19-24. 2009..The purpose of this study is to comprehensively evaluate potential functional polymorphisms in the CASP7 gene in relation to the risk of lung cancer...
- Polymorphisms and haplotypes in the caspase-3, caspase-7, and caspase-8 genes and risk for endometrial cancer: a population-based, case-control study in a Chinese populationHong Li Xu
Department of Epidemiology, Shanghai Cancer Institute, Cancer Institute of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:2114-22. 2009..95). No association was observed between polymorphisms of the caspase-8 gene and risk for endometrial cancer. These findings suggest that genetic variants in caspase-3 and caspase-7 may play a role in endometrial cancer susceptibility...
- Caspase-7: a protease involved in apoptosis and inflammationMohamed Lamkanfi
Department of Biochemistry, Ghent University, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium Department of Medical Protein Research, VIB, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 42:21-4. 2010..These findings suggest that specifically interfering with caspase-7 activation may hold therapeutic value for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory ailments...
- Phosphorylation of caspase-7 by p21-activated protein kinase (PAK) 2 inhibits chemotherapeutic drug-induced apoptosis of breast cancer cell linesXiang Li
The Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, Austin, Minnesota 55912, USA
J Biol Chem 286:22291-9. 2011..Our data indicate that highly expressed PAK2 mediates chemotherapeutic resistance in human breast invasive ductal carcinoma by negatively regulating caspase-7 activity...
- Association between CASP7 and CASP14 genetic polymorphisms and the risk of childhood leukemiaChulbum Park
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Graduate School of Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Hum Immunol 73:736-9. 2012..013, FDR = 0.042) and CASP14 (rs8110862, P(trend)<0.001, minP = 0.002, FDR = 0.027). This study suggests that genetic polymorphisms in apoptosis and cell cycle related genes might play a role in childhood leukemia development...
- Potentially functional polymorphisms in the CASP7 gene contribute to gastric adenocarcinoma susceptibility in an eastern Chinese populationMeng yun Wang
Cancer Institute, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai, China Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e74041. 2013b>Caspase 7 (CASP7) is an important regulator and executioner in the apoptosis pathway and plays a crucial role in cancer development and progression...
- Identification and characterization of CPP32/Mch2 homolog 1, a novel cysteine protease similar to CPP32J A Lippke
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 271:1825-8. 1996..Coexpression of CMH-1 with poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) also resulted in a specific cleavage of PARP. Purified recombinant CMH-1 cleaved PARP but not interleukin 1 beta precursor in vitro...
- Caspase-7 mediated cleavage of proteasome subunits during apoptosisMi Jang
Translational Research Center, KRIBB, Daejeon, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 363:388-94. 2007..These findings suggest that caspase-7 facilitates the execution of apoptosis through down-regulation of the 26S proteasome, which regulates the turnover of proteins involved in the apoptotic process...
- Hepatitis C virus core protein and cellular protein HAX-1 promote 5-fluorouracil-mediated hepatocyte growth inhibitionArup Banerjee
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63119, USA
J Virol 83:9663-71. 2009..These observations underscore an association between HCV core and HAX-1, which promotes 5-FU mediated p53-dependent caspase-7 activation and hepatocyte growth inhibition...
- ICE-LAP3, a novel mammalian homologue of the Caenorhabditis elegans cell death protein Ced-3 is activated during Fas- and tumor necrosis factor-induced apoptosisH Duan
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 271:1621-5. 1996..This is the first report to demonstrate processing of a native ICE/ced-3 family member during execution of the death program and the first description of the subcellular localization of an ICE/ced-3 family member...
- Teratogen-induced activation of caspase-6 and caspase-7 in early postimplantation mouse embryosS A Little
Birth Defects Research Laboratory, Division of Genetics and Development, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Cell Biol Toxicol 19:215-26. 2003..Although caspase-3 is a key effector caspase activated by teratogens, two other effector caspases, caspase-6 and caspase-7, are known; however, their role in teratogen-induced cell death is unknown...
- The capsid proteins of Aleutian mink disease virus activate caspases and are specifically cleaved during infectionFang Cheng
Department of Microbiology, Molecular Genetics and Immunology, Mail Stop 3029, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Virol 84:2687-96. 2010..8 degrees C. Collectively, our results indicate that caspase activity plays multiple roles in AMDV infection and that cleavage of the capsid proteins might have a role in regulating persistent infection of AMDV...
- Cloning and characterization of the executioner caspases 3, 6, 7 and Hsp70 in hyperthermic Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) embryosHarald Takle
AKVAFORSK Institute of Aquaculture Research, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, P O Box 5010, N 1432 Aas, Norway
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 144:188-98. 2006..In particular, the heat sensitive caspase-6 expression in the embryonic heart is of interest since cardiac malformations are an emergent problem in salmon aquaculture...
- A mechanistic insight into SMAC peptide interference with XIAP-Bir2 inhibition of executioner caspasesBehnaz Ahangarian Abhari
Structural Biology Laboratory, Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
J Mol Biol 381:645-54. 2008..Our results further show that the active-site pocket of caspase-7 is first occupied by the linker region, followed by the interaction of the N-terminus of the enzyme with the SMAC-binding site of the Bir2 domain...
- Apoptosis of human fibrosarcoma HT-1080 cells by epigallocatechin-3-O-gallate via induction of p53 and caspases as well as suppression of Bcl-2 and phosphorylated nuclear factor-κBMi Hee Lee
Cellbiocontrol Laboratory, Department of Medical Engineering, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Apoptosis 16:75-85. 2011....
- Molecular determinants involved in activation of caspase 7Dave Boucher
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada J1H 5N4
Biosci Rep 31:283-94. 2011..Here, we demonstrate that both activation sites, site 1 and site 2, of caspase 7 are suboptimal for activation by initiator caspases 8 and 9 in cellulo, and in vitro using recombinant proteins ..
- Direct cleavage by the calcium-activated protease calpain can lead to inactivation of caspasesB T Chua
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 30 Medical Drive, Singapore 117609, Singapore
J Biol Chem 275:5131-5. 2000..Therefore our results suggest that calpains may act as negative regulators of caspase processing and apoptosis by effectively inactivating upstream caspases...
- Penetration of benzene, toluene and xylenes contained in gasolines through human abdominal skin in vitroG Adami
Department of Chemical Sciences, University of Trieste, Via Giorgieri 1, I 34127 Trieste, Italy
Toxicol In Vitro 20:1321-30. 2006..Adequate personal protective equipment should be used in the high exposure jobs, mainly for hands and forearms...
- Caspase-7 is activated during lovastatin-induced apoptosis of the prostate cancer cell line LNCaPM Marcelli
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 58:76-83. 1998..Identification of caspase-7 as a potential mediator of lovastatin-induced apoptosis broadens our knowledge of the molecular events associated with programmed cell death in a cell line derived from prostatic epithelium...
- Chondroitin-4-sulphate inhibits NF-kB translocation and caspase activation in collagen-induced arthritis in miceG M Campo
Department of Biochemical, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Policlinico Universitario, Messina, Italy
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:1474-83. 2008..We studied whether the antioxidant action of chronic C4S treatment to reduce ROS injury involves NF-kB and caspases modulation using an experimental model of collagen-induced arthritis in mice...
- Caspase-7 activation by the Nlrc4/Ipaf inflammasome restricts Legionella pneumophila infectionAnwari Akhter
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, Center for Microbial Interface Biology and the Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000361. 2009..These results reveal a new mechanism for caspase-7 activation downstream of the Nlrc4 inflammasome and present a novel biological role for caspase-7 in host defense against an intracellular bacterium...
- Activation of the death receptor pathway of apoptosis by the aldehyde acroleinAndre Tanel
Departement des Sciences Biologiques, TOXEN, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, CP 8888, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, Canada
Free Radic Biol Med 42:798-810. 2007..These findings improve our understanding of mechanisms of toxicity of the reactive aldehyde acrolein, which has widespread implications in multiple disease states which seem to be mediated by oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation...
- Fungal zymosan and mannan activate the cryopyrin inflammasomeMohamed Lamkanfi
Department of Immunology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 284:20574-81. 2009....
- Scarless fetal mouse wound healing may initiate apoptosis through caspase 7 and cleavage of PARPRichard Carter
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Surg Res 156:74-9. 2009..We hypothesized that differences in apoptosis would exist in mid- (E15) compared with late-gestational (E18) mice subjected to cutaneous wounds. We examined early apoptotic signals that may be initiated following tissue injury...
- Effects of ambient oxygen concentration on the proliferation and viability of cultured human corneal epithelial cellsRyoji Yanai
Department of Ophthalmology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube City, Yamaguchi, Japan
Exp Eye Res 86:412-8. 2008..The antiapoptotic protein Akt was also activated in cells exposed to hyperoxia, possibly reflecting a protective response to oxygen toxicity...
- Isoangustone A present in hexane/ethanol extract of Glycyrrhiza uralensis induces apoptosis in DU145 human prostate cancer cells via the activation of DR4 and intrinsic apoptosis pathwayMi Ra Seon
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Hallym University, Chuncheon, Republic of Korea
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:1329-39. 2010..Transfection with DR4 small interfering RNA attenuated HEGU- and isoangustone A-induced apoptosis. These results demonstrate that the activation of DR4 contributes to HEGU- and isoangustone A-induced apoptosis of DU145 cells...
- Apoptotic mechanisms in T47D and MCF-7 human breast cancer cellsL M Mooney
Institute for Cancer Studies, Division of Genomic Medicine, Medical School, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2RX, UK
Br J Cancer 87:909-17. 2002..Apoptotic events in both cell types differ temporally, involving activation of different caspases and mitochondrial changes...
- Oxidative stress triggers neuronal caspase-independent death: endonuclease G involvement in programmed cell death-type IIIGavin C Higgins
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Building 13D, Clayton Campus, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Cell Mol Life Sci 66:2773-87. 2009..Therefore, oxidative stress triggers in neurons a form of necrosis that is a systematic cellular response subject to molecular regulation...
- Effects of short-term finasteride on apoptotic factors and androgen receptors in prostate cancer cellsRobert Bass
Department of Urology, University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Urol 181:615-9; discussion 619-20. 2009..We explored the molecular correlates of the effect of finasteride on prostate tissue in patients undergoing radical prostatectomy...
- Ab initio and template-based prediction of multi-class distance maps by two-dimensional recursive neural networksIan Walsh
School of Computer Science and Informatics, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Struct Biol 9:5. 2009..Another known weakness of contact maps is that they are generally predicted ab initio, that is not exploiting information about potential homologues of known structure...
- Creatine monohydrate supplemented in swine finishing diets and fresh pork quality: III. Evaluating the cumulative effect of creatine monohydrate and alpha-lipoic acidE P Berg
Department of Animal Science, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211 5300, USA
J Anim Sci 81:2469-74. 2003..Lipoic acid supplementation resulted in the highest pH at 45 min (P = 0.029). These results justify further evaluation of the potential positive influence of supplementing alpha-lipoic acid to improve pork quality...
- Synergistic induction of apoptosis in neuroblastoma cells using a combination of cytostatic drugs with interferon-gamma and TRAILJohn I Johnsen
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Oncol 25:1849-57. 2004..The mechanism of the increased susceptibility to apoptosis might results from drug-mediated up-regulation of the death receptors DR4 and DR5...
- Influence of co-down-regulation of caspase-3 and caspase-7 by siRNAs on sodium butyrate-induced apoptotic cell death of Chinese hamster ovary cells producing thrombopoietinYun Hee Sung
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Kusong Dong, Yusong gu, Daejon 305 701, Republic of Korea
Metab Eng 9:452-64. 2007..Taken together, co-down-regulation of caspase-3 and caspase-7 is effective in regard to extension of culture longevity and enhancement of hTPO production in a serum-free culture in the presence or absence of 1mM NaBu addition...
- Inhibition of proteasome activity by the dietary flavonoid apigenin is associated with growth inhibition in cultured breast cancer cells and xenograftsDi Chen
The Prevention Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute and Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201 2013, USA
Breast Cancer Res 9:R80. 2007..Whether apigenin has proteasome-inhibitory activity in the highly metastatic human breast MDA-MB-231 cells and xenografts,however, is unknown...
- P38 and ERK mitogen-activated protein kinases mediate acrolein-induced apoptosis in Chinese hamster ovary cellsAndre Tanel
Departement des Sciences Biologiques, TOXEN, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, CP 8888, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3P8
Cell Signal 19:968-77. 2007....
- Genistein-induced apoptosis of human breast cancer MCF-7 cells involves calpain-caspase and apoptosis signaling kinase 1-p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation cascadesHye Young Shim
Department of Advanced Technology Fusion, Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea
Anticancer Drugs 18:649-57. 2007..Genistein-induced apoptosis involved activation of calpain, caspase 7 and poly(ADP ribose) polymerase...
- Neural precursor-derived astrocytes of wobbler mice induce apoptotic death of motor neurons through reduced glutamate uptakeValentina Diana
Department of Molecular Biochemistry and Pharmacology Laboratory of Receptor Pharmacology Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Via La Masa, 19 20156 Milan, Italy
Exp Neurol 225:163-72. 2010..Finally, the cultured astrocytes derived from NPCs of adult mice may offer a useful alternative in vitro model to study the molecular mechanisms involved in neurodegeneration...
- Modulating poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase activity: potential for the prevention and therapy of pathogenic situations involving DNA damage and oxidative stressPatrice Decker
Institute for Cell Biology, Department of Immunology, Auf der Morgenstelle, Tubingen, Germany
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 3:275-83. 2002..With regard to the increasing interest towards PARP, the aim of this review is to explain the cellular role of PARP and the advantages of modulating its activity in diverse preventive or therapeutic strategies...
- Cell death is associated with reduced base excision repair during chronic alcohol administration in adult rat brainSolomon Raju Bhupanapadu Sunkesula
Centre for Biotechnology and Department of Animal Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500046, India
Neurochem Res 33:1117-28. 2008..DNA polymerase beta assay and immunoblot showed significant loss in base excision repair in ethanol treated group...
- Improving consensus contact prediction via server correlation reductionXin Gao
David R, Cheriton School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo, N2L3G1, Canada
BMC Struct Biol 9:28. 2009..However, we find out that even for new fold targets, the models generated by threading programs can contain many true contacts. The challenge is how to identify them...
- Blockade of GRP78 sensitizes breast cancer cells to microtubules-interfering agents that induce the unfolded protein responseJiao Wang
Division of Signal Transduction and Molecular Targeted Therapy, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Cell Mol Med 13:3888-97. 2009..Combination of compounds capable of suppressing GRP78 might be a novel approach for improving the effectiveness of microtubules-targeted chemotherapy...
- Effects of combined gamma-irradiation and metal (Al+Cd) exposures in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.)P A Olsvik
National Institute of Nutrition and Seafood Research, N 5817 Bergen, Norway
J Environ Radioact 101:230-6. 2010..The studied genes were caspase 3B, caspase 6A, caspase 7, p53 (apoptosis), glutathione reductase (GR), phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px), (..
- Nuclear factor κB up-regulation of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein β mediates hepatocyte resistance to tumor necrosis factor α toxicityYongjun Wang
Department of Medicine and Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Hepatology 52:2118-26. 2010..inhibited TNFα-induced caspase 8 activation and downstream mitochondrial cytochrome c release and caspase 3 and caspase 7 activation...
- Role of caspases in cleavage of lamin A/C and PARP during apoptosis in macrophages infected with a periodontopathic bacteriumToshinori Okinaga
Department of Health Promotion, Division of Infections and Molecular Biology, Kyushu Dental College, 2 6 1 Manazuru, Kokurakita ku, Kitakyushu 803 8580, Japan
J Med Microbiol 56:1399-404. 2007..Taken together, these results suggest that activation of caspases and the subsequent cleavage of lamin A/C and PARP are involved in the morphological changes of apoptotic macrophages infected with A. actinomycetemcomitans...
- In vivo quantification of oxygen-free radical release in experimental pancreas transplantationHannes P Neeff
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Transpl Int 21:1081-9. 2008..CMH spin probes might become a useful tool for the in vivo animal testing of antioxidative substances in models of solid organ transplantation...
- Crataegus oxycantha extract attenuates apoptotic incidence in myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury by regulating Akt and HIF-1 signaling pathwaysKesavan S Jayachandran
Department of Internal Medicine, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 56:526-31. 2010..The results suggested that COC extract attenuated apoptotic incidence in the experimental myocardial ischemia-reperfusion model by regulating Akt and HIF-1 signaling pathways...
- Targeted peptidecentric proteomics reveals caspase-7 as a substrate of the caspase-1 inflammasomesMohamed Lamkanfi
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:2350-63. 2008....
- Caspase-3 is the primary activator of apoptotic DNA fragmentation via DNA fragmentation factor-45/inhibitor of caspase-activated DNase inactivationB B Wolf
Division of Cellular Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30651-6. 1999..Together, these data suggest that caspase-3 is the primary inactivator of DFF45/ICAD and therefore the primary activator of apoptotic DNA fragmentation...
- Targeting the apoptotic machinery in pancreatic cancers using small-molecule antagonists of the X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis proteinCollins A Karikari
The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, CRB2 Room 345, 1550 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:957-66. 2007..These preclinical results suggest that targeting of the apoptotic machinery in pancreatic cancers with XAntags is a promising therapeutic option that warrants further evaluation...
- QMEANclust: estimation of protein model quality by combining a composite scoring function with structural density informationPascal Benkert
Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 50 70, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
BMC Struct Biol 9:35. 2009..In this paper we show that model selection can be improved if both approaches are combined by pre-filtering the models used during the calculation of the structural consensus...
- Purification and cDNA cloning of a second apoptosis-related cysteine protease that cleaves and activates sterol regulatory element binding proteinsJ T Pai
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75235 9046, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:5437-42. 1996..cDNA cloning revealed that this enzyme is the hamster equivalent of Mch3, a human enzyme that is related to the interleukin 1beta converting enzyme. We call this enzyme Mch3/SCA-2...
- A role for Jun-N-terminal kinase in anoikis; suppression by bcl-2 and crmAS M Frisch
Burnham Institute, La Jolla Cancer Research Center, California 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 135:1377-82. 1996..Cell-cell interactions, which were previously shown to sensitize cells to anoikis, caused bcl-2 mRNA to be downregulated, a permissive event for downstream apoptotic signaling...
- Implication of calpain in caspase activation during B cell clonal deletionA Ruiz-Vela
Department of Immunology Centro Nacional de Biotecnología, CSIC, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Campus de Cantoblanco, E 28049 Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 18:4988-98. 1999..These data confirm a role for calpain during BCR crosslinking, which may be critical for cell deletion by apoptosis during B cell development and activation...
- [Expression of survivin in different stages of carcinogenesis and progression of breast cancer]Shu Qun Zhang
Department of Oncology, The Second Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University, PR China
Ai Zheng 23:697-700. 2004....
- Tumor necrosis factor induces the loss of sphingosine kinase-1 by a cathepsin B-dependent mechanismTarek A Taha
Division of General Internal Medicine, Ralph H Johnson Veterans Administration Hospital, Charleston, South Carolina 29401, USA
J Biol Chem 280:17196-202. 2005..Inhibition of the upstream caspase 8 by IETD significantly rescued TNF effects on SK1, yet the caspase 7 inhibitor DEVD failed to have any effect, suggesting that the decline in SK1 occurs downstream of the initiator ..
- Down-regulation of Bcl-2 enhances estrogen apoptotic action in long-term estradiol-depleted ER(+) breast cancer cellsR X D Song
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Apoptosis 10:667-78. 2005..01). Therefore, down-regulation of Bcl-2 synergistically enhanced estradiol-induced apoptosis in ER(+) postmenopausal breast cancer cells...
- Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inhibits apoptosis induced by Z alpha-1 antitrypsin via inhibition of BadStanley D W Miller
Respiratory Research Division, Department of Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Hepatology 46:496-503. 2007..CONCLUSION: These data show that caspase-4 is not essential for ZAAT-induced apoptosis in HEK293 cells and implicates P-I-3-kinase and Bad as potential therapeutic targets for the liver disease associated with ZAAT deficiency...
- Cloning and characterization of a human BCR/ABL-positive cell line, K562/RR, resistant to the farnesyltransferase inhibition by tipifarnibTakuji Miyoshi
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
Exp Hematol 35:1358-65. 2007..However, acquisition of resistance may be a problem for patients being treated with tipifarnib...
- Etoposide-resistant HT-29 human colon carcinoma cells during glucose deprivation are sensitive to piericidin A, a GRP78 down-regulatorJi Hwan Hwang
Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, Kyungnam University, Masan, Korea
J Cell Physiol 215:243-50. 2008..Interestingly, piericidin A had no effect under normal growth conditions. Therefore, we suggest that piericidin A prevents up-regulation of GRP78, and exhibits cytotoxicity in glucose-deprived HT-29 cells that are resistant to etoposide...
- Effects of dopamine on LC3-II activation as a marker of autophagy in a neuroblastoma cell modelPol Giménez-Xavier
Unitat de Bioquimica, Dep Ciències Fisiològiques II, Facultat de Medicina, Campus Universitari de Bellvitge IDIBELL, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Neurotoxicology 30:658-65. 2009..As we have reported previously, cytosolic dopamine may cause damage by autophagy in neuroblastoma cells (and presumably in dopaminergic neurons), which develops to apoptosis and leads to cell degeneration...
- The alkylphospholipid perifosine induces apoptosis and p21-mediated cell cycle arrest in medulloblastomaAnil Kumar
Department of Neurosurgery, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA 23298 0631, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:1813-21. 2009..LD(50) treatment of medulloblastoma cells with perifosine led to the cleavage of caspase 9, caspase 7, caspase 3, and poly-ADP ribosylation protein, although caspase 8 was not detectable...
- IFNgamma restores breast cancer sensitivity to fulvestrant by regulating STAT1, IFN regulatory factor 1, NF-kappaB, BCL2 family members, and signaling to caspase-dependent apoptosisYanxia Ning
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:1274-85. 2010..These observations support the exploration of clinical trials combining antiestrogens and compounds that can induce IRF1, such as IFNgamma, for the treatment of some ER-positive breast cancers...
- Involvement of subtype 1 metabotropic glutamate receptors in apoptosis and caspase-7 over-expression in spinal cord of neuropathic ratsDario Siniscalco
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Pharmacology L Donatelli, Second University of Naples, via S Maria di Costantinopoli 16, 80138 Napoli, Italy
Pharmacol Res 57:223-33. 2008....
- Different subcellular distribution of caspase-3 and caspase-7 following Fas-induced apoptosis in mouse liverJ M Chandler
Medical Research Council Toxicology Unit, Hodgkin Building, University of Leicester, P O Box 138, Lancaster Road, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 273:10815-8. 1998..fmk). Our data demonstrate for the first time the differential subcellular compartmentalization of specific effector caspases following the induction of apoptosis in vivo...
- Activation of the apoptotic endonuclease DFF40 (caspase-activated DNase or nuclease). Oligomerization and direct interaction with histone H1X Liu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
J Biol Chem 274:13836-40. 1999..Histone H1 directly interacts with DFF, confers DNA binding ability to DFF, and stimulates the nuclease activity of DFF40 by increasing its Kcat and decreasing its Km...
- DECAY, a novel Drosophila caspase related to mammalian caspase-3 and caspase-7L Dorstyn
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Frome Road, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
J Biol Chem 274:30778-83. 1999....
- Proteolytic cleavage of epidermal growth factor receptor by caspasesS S Bae
Division of Molecular and Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, South Korea
FEBS Lett 491:16-20. 2001....
- Apoptosis during ectromelia orthopoxvirus infection is DEVDase dependent: in vitro and in vivo studiesMalgorzata Krzyzowska
Immunology Laboratory, Division of Virology, Mycology and Immunology, Department of Preclinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Warsaw Agricultural University SGGW, Ciszewskiego 8, Poland
Microbes Infect 4:599-611. 2002..i. was caspase independent. Therefore, we conclude that DEVDase- (caspase-3- and caspase-7-) dependent apoptosis is an important mechanism regulating the resolution of EV infection...
- Regulation of apoptosis by a prostate-specific and prostate cancer-associated noncoding gene, PCGEM1Xiaoqin Fu
Department of Surgery, Center for Prostate Disease Research CPDR, U S Military Cancer Institute, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
DNA Cell Biol 25:135-41. 2006..The protein levels of cleaved caspase 7, and cleaved PARP were attenuated in DOXtreated LNCaP-PCGEM1 cells compared to control LNCaP cells...
- Bak functionally complements for loss of Bax during p14ARF-induced mitochondrial apoptosis in human cancer cellsP G Hemmati
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Tumor Immunology, University Medical Center Charite, Berlin Buch, Germany
Oncogene 25:6582-94. 2006..This is also the case for inhibition of clonogenic growth that occurs, at least in part, through an entirely Bax/Bak-independent mechanism...
- Evaluation of 3D-Jury on CASP7 modelsLaszlo Kajan
BioInfoBank Institute, ul, Limanowskiego 24 A, 60 744 Poznan, Poland
BMC Bioinformatics 8:304. 2007..3D-Jury is an automated expert process that generates protein structure meta-predictions from sets of models obtained from partner servers...
- Plasminogen structural domains exhibit different functions when associated with cell surface GRP78 or the voltage-dependent anion channelMario Gonzalez-Gronow
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 282:32811-20. 2007..We show that kringle 5 inhibits 1-LN cell proliferation and promotes caspase-7 activity by a mechanism that requires binding to cell surface voltage-dependent anion channel and is inhibited by human hexokinase I...
- Assessment of CASP7 predictions in the high accuracy template-based modeling categoryRandy J Read
Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Proteins 69:27-37. 2007..However, when there is already a good template, few of the models are better for the purpose of molecular replacement...
- FRET evidence that an isoform of caspase-7 binds but does not cleave its substrateIsaac T Li
Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:531-4. 2006..We also demonstrated that our FRET biosensor (vDEVDc) can be used to detect not only the substrate cleavage event, but also the substrate binding event...
- CUGBP2 downregulation by prostaglandin E2 protects colon cancer cells from radiation-induced mitotic catastropheGopalan Natarajan
Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G1235-44. 2008..Pretreatment with PGE(2) suppressed the activation of caspase 3 and caspase 7 and inhibited Bax expression...
- Down-regulation of CIBZ, a novel substrate of caspase-3, induces apoptosisYu Oikawa
Division of Gene Function in Animals, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Nara, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:14242-7. 2008..These findings indicate, collectively, that CIBZ plays an important role by participating in the negative regulation of apoptosis in murine cells...
- Intrinsic disorder prediction from the analysis of multiple protein fold recognition modelsLiam J McGuffin
School of Biological Sciences, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading RG6 6AS, UK
Bioinformatics 24:1798-804. 2008..The DISOclust method is rigorously benchmarked against the top.ve methods from the CASP7 experiment. In addition, the optimal consensus of the tested methods is determined and the added value from each method is quantified...
- Dissecting an allosteric switch in caspase-7 using chemical and mutational probesJeanne A Hardy
Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 284:26063-9. 2009..These data highlight a small set of residues critical for mediating the transition from active to inactive zymogen-like states...
- Regulation of caspase-1 by Sod2 in the heartKumuda C Das; Fiscal Year: 2010..The outcome of these studies may help in the therapeutic use of MnSOD or substances that induce MnSOD in the protection of myocardial injury in heart failure, endothelial dysfunction or other cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Marina Gorbatyuk; Fiscal Year: 2014..This approach may overcome the genetic diversity of this disease and reveal the pathways of cell death that lead from mutation to retinal degeneration. ..
- Mechanisms of host defense against membrane damage by pore-forming toxinsMARY O'RIORDAN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Identification of small molecule activators of procaspase-7 to caspase-7DIANA CHRISTINE WEST; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using Western blotting and immunohistochemistry, we can determine executioner procaspase-3, -6, and -7 levels in prostate and breast cancer tissues. ..
- EOSINOPHIL APOPTOSIS IN ASTHMAGerald Litwack; Fiscal Year: 2001..four novel isoforms of ICE (beta, gamma, delta epsilon) as well as the novel Ced-3/ICE homologs, CPP32, Mch2 and Mch3. Significantly, we have also identified several of these proteins in BAL eosinophils from asthmatics...
- Anti-apoptosis as a new therapy for cerebral vasospasmJohn Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2005..We expect that our results will ultimately identify potential therapeutic targets of the apoptosis pathway that can be directed towards the treatment of cerebral vasospasm after SAH. ..
- NEURONAL DEGENERATION: MECHANISMS AND PREVENTIONCAROL TROY; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. To determine how caspases-8 and -7 are activated after SOD1 down-regulation. 5. To determine if there is activation/regulation of caspase-3 and other caspases after SOD1 down-regulation. ..
- Mitochondria and Cerebral ischemia: intracellular signalingMiguel Perez Pinzon; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Nitrosylcobalamin - A Novel Chemotherapeutic AgentDaniel Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Determine whether inhibition of TCII-R expression causes resistance to NO-Cbl d. Define effects of IFN-beta upon S-nitrosylation of TRAIL receptors and PRL phosphatase ..
- Small RNA targeted gene activation for the treatment of prostate cancerLong Cheng Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..There is an urgent need to develop novel therapeutic strategies for prostate cancer. This project will investigate the therapeutic use of a newly identified method of gene therapy using small RNA molecules. ..
- Programmed Cell Death Induced by Cerebral IschemiaJun Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of caspase 7 in T cell functionSaquib Lakhani; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Caspase 7, a member of a family of proteases known to be important for cell death, is activated in apoptotic cells, though ..
- Mechanism of Androgen Receptor Induced CytotoxicityMichelle Lafevre Bernt; Fiscal Year: 2004..2) To determine which protein interaction domains are required for the caspase-7 and AR apoptosome-like complex. (3) To determine which initiator caspases are important in androgen receptor induced cell death. ..
- Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha Signaling in Breast CancerAlakananda Basu; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long-term objective is to develop strategies to intervene with these pathways to inhibit progression of breast cancer. ..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION AND CELL DEATH REGULATIONAlakananda Basu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Oncogenic Ras, STAT1 and ChemopreventionLidija Klampfer; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Lymphocyte Survival: Implications for lymphomagenesisCraig B Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Side Chain Driven Refinement of Protein StructureJERRY W TSAI; Fiscal Year: 2010..By emphasizing that sequence specific variation in tertiary structure determines a protein's backbone, the proposed research represents a subtle but innovative shift in perspective to protein refinement of comparative models. ..
- From Genomic Sequences to Protein Structure and FunctionJohn Moult; Fiscal Year: 2007..Proteins for study will be chosen on the basis of three considerations: likely impact of the splice forms on protein structure, functional role of the splicing, and relevance to disease. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms Mediating NF-kB2/p100 ProcessingShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Evolution of Primary and Resistant Solid TumorsRonald DePinho; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, nanosensors will be developed that are capable to detecting telomerase activity and quantifying telomere reserves. ..
- Genetic Predictors for DNA Repair Phenotype in CMMQingyi Wei; Fiscal Year: 2008..When the combined NER genotype representing genetic susceptibility to CMM is identified and is confirmed in the general population, it may have a significant impact on primary prevention of CMM. ..
- Metabolomics: From Bioenergetics To ApoptosisCraig Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding the relationships between metabolism and apoptosis may lead to novel approaches for the prevention and/or treatment of cancer and degenerative disorders. ..
- Conference on Mouse Models of CancerRonald DePinho; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such systems hold significant promise in accelerating and making more accurate the evaluation of these compounds prior to entry into the clinic. ..
- ACTIVATION OF IKB KINASE BY HTLV-I TAXShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NIK KINASE AND T CELL COSTIMULATIONShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is also expected that novel signaling molecules will have been isolated which function in the T cell co-stimulatory pathway. ..
- HEMIDESMOSOMAL PROTEIN LINKAGE MAP BY TWO-HYBRID SYSTEMSirpa Aho; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..