Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CAPZA1
Description: capping actin protein of muscle Z-line alpha subunit 1
Alias: CAPPA1, CAPZ, CAZ1, F-actin-capping protein subunit alpha-1, Cap Z, capZ alpha-1, capping protein (actin filament) muscle Z-line, alpha 1
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- Sequence analysis and chromosomal localization of human Cap Z. Conserved residues within the actin-binding domain may link Cap Z to gelsolin/severin and profilin protein familiesE A Barron-Casella
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 270:21472-9. 1995..human retinal cDNA library, we have isolated cDNAs that are homologs for the alpha 2 and beta subunits of chicken Cap Z. The derived human alpha subunit shares 95% amino acid identity with the chicken alpha 2 subunit; the beta subunit ..
- Mapping of the mouse actin capping protein alpha subunit genes and pseudogenesM C Hart
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Genomics 39:264-70. 1997..Their chromosomal locations were identified by interspecies backcross mapping. The alpha 1 gene (Cappa1) mapped to chromosome 3 between D3Mit11 and D3Mit13...
- Protein-lipid interactions: correlation of a predictive algorithm for lipid-binding sites with three-dimensional structural dataDavid L Scott
Renal Unit, Leukocyte Biology and Inflammation Program, Structural Biology Program and the Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Theor Biol Med Model 3:17. 2006..It is unclear whether these protein-lipid-interactions are dependent on shared protein motifs or unique regional physiochemistry, or are due to more global characteristics of the protein...
- WASH and WAVE actin regulators of the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASP) family are controlled by analogous structurally related complexesDa Jia
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10442-7. 2010..FAM21 interacts directly with CAPZ and inhibits its actin-capping activity...
- Regulation of actin filament length in erythrocytes and striated muscleV M Fowler
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 8:86-96. 1996..Tropomodulin caps the slow-growing, pointed filament ends in muscle and in erythrocytes. CapZ caps the fast-growing, barbed filament ends in striated muscle, whereas a newly discovered barbed end capping ..
- Isolation and characterization of cDNA encoding the alpha subunit of Cap Z(36/32), an actin-capping protein from the Z line of skeletal muscleJ F Casella
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:5800-4. 1989cDNA encoding the alpha chain of Cap Z has been isolated by screening a lambda gt11 library with affinity-purified antibodies...
- Unique S100 target protein interactionsAtoosa Rezvanpour
Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Gen Physiol Biophys 28:F39-46. 2009..The structures of some S100 proteins in the presence of peptide targets from Ndr kinase, p53, CapZ, annexins A1 and A2 and the Siah-1 Interacting Protein indicate there are at least three modes of recognition that ..
- Transportation of nanoscale cargoes by myosin propelled actin filamentsMalin Persson
School of Natural Sciences, Linnaeus University, Kalmar, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e55931. 2013..along the actin filaments ("side-attached") or to the trailing filament end via the plus end capping protein CapZ. Long-distance transportation (>100 µm) could be seen for all cargoes independently of attachment mode but the ..
- The effect of Rho-associated kinase inhibition on the proteome pattern of dissociated human embryonic stem cellsJavad Gharechahi
Department of Molecular Systems Biology at Cell Science Research Center, Royan Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Technology, ACECR, Tehran, Iran
Mol Biosyst 10:640-52. 2014..showed that ROCKi induced upregulation of some actin binding proteins such as tropomyosin, F-actin capping protein (CapZ) and transgelin and downregulation of tubulin...
- Proteomic analysis of laser capture microscopy purified myotendinous junction regions from muscle sectionsTugba Can
Department of Biology, University of York, Wentworth Way, York YO10 5DD, UK
Proteome Sci 12:25. 2014..g., actinins, capZ, αB cristallin, filamin C, cypher, calsarcin, desmin, FHL1, telethonin, nebulin, titin and an enigma-like protein) ..
- Combinatorial proteomic analysis of intercellular signaling applied to the CD28 T-cell costimulatory receptorRuijun Tian
Lunenfeld Tanenbaum Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X5 Department of Chemistry and Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Cell Microenvironment, South University of Science and Technology of China, Shenzhen 518055, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E1594-603. 2015..Among the cellular phosphoproteins influenced by CD28 signaling, CapZ-interacting protein (CapZIP), a regulator of the actin cytoskeleton, was implicated by functional studies...
- Structural insights into the binding of the human receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE) by S100B, as revealed by an S100B-RAGE-derived peptide complexJaime L Jensen
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, North Dakota State University, PO Box 6050, Fargo, ND 58108 6050, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 71:1176-83. 2015..binding interface of this peptide is compared with that found in the complex between S100B and the 12-amino-acid CapZ-derived peptide TRTK-12...
- The Proteomic Analysis of Human Placenta with Pre-eclampsia and Normal PregnancyJeong In Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ajou University Medical School, Suwon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 30:770-8. 2015....
- Disease causing mutations in inverted formin 2 regulate its binding to G-actin, F-actin capping protein (CapZ α-1) and profilin 2Ruth Rollason
Academic Renal Unit, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Bristol, Dorothy Hodgkin Building, Whitson Street, Bristol BS1 3NY, U K
Biosci Rep 36:e00302. 2016..purification coupled with MS we demonstrate that INF2 interacts with profilin 2 and the F-actin capping protein, CapZ α-1. These interactions are increased by the presence of the disease causing mutations...
- Variation in stiffness regulates cardiac myocyte hypertrophy via signaling pathwaysJieli Li
a Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Center for Cardiovascular Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, 835 S Wolcott Ave, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Can J Physiol Pharmacol . 2016..Actin assembly involves the actin capping protein Z (CapZ)...
- Ezrin has a COOH-terminal actin-binding site that is conserved in the ezrin protein familyO Turunen
Haartman Institute, Department of Virology, Helsinki University, Finland
J Cell Biol 126:1445-53. 1994..sequence homology to the actin-binding site in the COOH terminus of the beta subunit of the actin-capping protein CapZ and one of the potential actin-binding sites in myosin heavy chain...
- High concentrations of phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate may promote actin filament growth by three potential mechanisms: inhibiting capping by neutrophil lysates, severing actin filaments and removing capping protein-beta2 from barbed endsM J DiNubile
Department of Medicine, Cooper Hospital University Medical Center, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Camden, NJ, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1358:261-78. 1997..lysates which we had previously demonstrated to be almost entirely due to capping protein-beta2, a homologue of cap Z. High concentrations of PIP2 totally prevented the capping of exogenous spectrin-F-actin seeds by dilute ..
- Depolymerization of actin filaments by profilin. Effects of profilin on capping protein functionMichael R Bubb
The Research Service, Malcom Randall Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Gainesville, Florida 32608, USA
J Biol Chem 278:24629-35. 2003..In contrast, neither gelsolin nor CapZ could be dissociated from actin filaments under the same conditions...
- Tuberous sclerosis genes regulate cellular 14-3-3 protein levelsMarkus Hengstschlager
Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna, Prenatal Diagnosis and Therapy, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Vienna A 1090, Austria
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:676-83. 2003..In the same experiments the protein levels of keratin 7, capZ alpha-1 subunit, ezrin, and nedasin were not affected by ectopic TSC1 or TSC2...
- Three-dimensional reconstruction of the dynactin complex by single-particle image analysisJ L Hodgkinson
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Imperial College London, London SW3 6LY, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:3667-72. 2005..Additional mass, not part of the Arp backbone, was also seen. A preliminary fitting of the capping protein CapZ structure into our 3D reconstruction of the dynactin complex suggests that it is optimally placed to perform its ..
- S100A8 is identified as a biomarker of HPV18-infected oral squamous cell carcinomas by suppression subtraction hybridization, clinical proteomics analysis, and immunohistochemistry stainingWan Yu Lo
Department of Medical Research, China Medical University Hospital Taichung, Taiwan
J Proteome Res 6:2143-51. 2007..indicated that there was over 10-fold overexpression of Stratifin, F-actin capping protein alpha-1 subunit (CapZ alpha-1), Apolipoprotein A-1 (ApoA-1), Heat-shock protein 27 (HSP27), Arginase-1, p16INK4A, and S100 calcium-..
- Cardiac myofilament regulation by protein phosphatase type 1alpha and CapZFenghua Yang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 86:70-8. 2008..The Z-disc protein CapZ controls protein kinase C (PKC) regulation of cardiac myofilaments, but whether this effect is specific to PKC, or ..
- Peptide-MHC heterodimers show that thymic positive selection requires a more restricted set of self-peptides than negative selectionJeremy Juang
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Exp Med 207:1223-34. 2010..We show that the affinity of the OT-I TCR for its endogenous positively selecting ligands, Catnb-H-2Kb and Cappa1-H-2Kb, is significantly lower than for previously reported positively selecting altered peptide ligands...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies identifies common variants associated with blood pressure variation in east AsiansNorihiro Kato
Department of Gene Diagnostics and Therapeutics, Research Institute, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Genet 43:531-8. 2011..significant (P < 5 × 10(-8)) associations with SBP or DBP, which included variants at four new loci (ST7L-CAPZA1, FIGN-GRB14, ENPEP and NPR3) and a newly discovered variant near TBX3...
- Treponema denticola major outer sheath protein induces actin assembly at free barbed ends by a PIP2-dependent uncapping mechanism in fibroblastsMichelle B Visser
Matrix Dynamics Group, Dental Research Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e23736. 2011..Immunoblotting experiments showed that gelsolin and CapZ were released from actin filaments, whereas cofilin remained in an inactive state...
- Dynactin integrity depends upon direct binding of dynamitin to Arp1Frances Ka Yan Cheong
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218
Mol Biol Cell 25:2171-80. 2014..dynamitin, p150, and p24 from dynactin, leaving behind Arp1 filaments carrying the remaining dynactin subunits (CapZ, p62, Arp11, p27, and p25)...
- Genome-wide association study in Chinese identifies novel loci for blood pressure and hypertensionXiangfeng Lu
State Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Disease Fuwai Hospital, National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100037, China
Hum Mol Genet 24:865-74. 2015..81 × 10(-3) to 5.16 × 10(-8). These findings provide new mechanistic insights into the regulation of blood pressure and potential targets for treatments...
- CapZ regulates autophagosomal membrane shaping by promoting actin assembly inside the isolation membraneNa Mi
The State Key Laboratory of Membrane Biology, Tsinghua University Peking University Joint Center for Life Sciences, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Nat Cell Biol 17:1112-23. 2015..of actin puncta is disrupted by an actin polymerization inhibitor or by knocking down the actin-capping protein CapZβ, isolation membranes and omegasomes collapse into mixed-membrane bundles...
- Preliminary Proteomic Analysis of A549 Cells Infected with Avian Influenza Virus H7N9 and Influenza A Virus H1N1Xiaoman Ding
School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 11:e0156017. 2016..05) at 24, 48 and 72hpi, especially F-actin-capping protein subunit alpha-1 (CAPZA1), Ornithine aminotransferase (OAT), Poly(rC)-binding protein 1 (PCBP1), Eukaryotic translation initiation factor ..
- Beta-actinin is equivalent to Cap Z proteinK Maruyama
Department of Molecular Biology, Psychiatric Research Institute of Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 265:8712-5. 1990..peptides of beta I were nearly identical with those of portions of the muscle barbed end-blocking protein Cap Z alpha, although several amino acids were different from those deduced from cDNA sequences (Casella, J.F...
- Identification of cofilin, coronin, Rac and capZ in actin tails using a Listeria affinity approachV David
Unité des Interactions Bactéries Cellules, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Cell Sci 111:2877-84. 1998..In addition, three proteins not previously known to be associated with Listeria tails, coronin, Rac and capZ, were identified in our affinity approach...
- Generation of functional beta-actinin (CapZ) in an E. coli expression systemY Soeno
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chiba University, Japan
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 19:639-46. 1998beta-actinin (CapZ) is a heterodimeric actin-binding protein which caps the barbed end of action filaments and nucleates actin-polymerization in a Ca2+ -independent manner. In myofibrils it is localized in the Z-lines...
- Modifications of trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) muscle proteins by preslaughter activityMartine Morzel
Quality of Animal Products, INRA, 63122 St Genes Champanelle, France
J Agric Food Chem 54:2997-3001. 2006..Persistent under-representation of desmin, a key cytoskeletal protein, in fish submitted to intense muscular activity suggests that such a preslaughter treatment can have an effect on post-mortem muscle integrity...
- Tropomyosin modulates erythrocyte membrane stabilityXiuli An
Red Cell Physiology Laboratory, New York Blood Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 109:1284-8. 2007..9, tropomodulin, and a small proportion of capZ, the functions of which are poorly defined...
- CD2AP/SHIP1 complex positively regulates plasmacytoid dendritic cell receptor signaling by inhibiting the E3 ubiquitin ligase CblMusheng Bao
Department of Immunology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Immunol 189:786-92. 2012..Therefore, CD2AP positively regulates BDCA2/FcεR1γ signaling by forming a complex with SHIP1 to inhibit the E3 ubiquitin ligase Cbl...
- Prognostic value of CAPZA1 overexpression in gastric cancerYoung Joon Lee
Department of Surgery, Postgraduate School of Medicine, Gyeongnam Regional Cancer Center, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Republic of Korea
Int J Oncol 42:1569-77. 2013F-actin capping protein α1 subunit (CAPZA1) was previously identified in a proteomic analysis of human gastric cancer clinical specimens and selected for further study...
- Treponema denticola major outer sheath protein impairs the cellular phosphoinositide balance that regulates neutrophil chemotaxisMichelle B Visser
Matrix Dynamics Group, Dental Research Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e66209. 2013..Release of the actin capping proteins gelsolin and CapZ in response to fMLP was also inhibited by Msp exposure...
- A mechanical checkpoint controls multicellular growth through YAP/TAZ regulation by actin-processing factorsMariaceleste Aragona
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Padua School of Medicine, viale Colombo 3, 35131 Padua, Italy
Cell 154:1047-59. 2013..We identify the F-actin-capping/severing proteins Cofilin, CapZ, and Gelsolin as essential gatekeepers that limit YAP/TAZ activity in cells experiencing low mechanical stresses, ..
- BAG3: a new player in the heart failure paradigmTijana Knezevic
Department of Neuroscience, Temple University School of Medicine, 3500 N Broad Street, Suite 1150, Philadelphia, PA, 19140, USA
Heart Fail Rev 20:423-34. 2015..apoptosis by interacting with Bcl2 and maintaining the structural integrity of the Z-disk in muscle by binding with CapZ. The importance of BAG3 in the homeostasis of myocytes and its role in the development of heart failure was ..
- Single-molecule visualization of a formin-capping protein 'decision complex' at the actin filament barbed endJeffrey P Bombardier
Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454 9110, USA
Nat Commun 6:8707. 2015..Our observations suggest new molecular mechanisms for the control of actin filament length and for the capture of filament barbed ends in cells. ..
- Capsazepine inhibits JAK/STAT3 signaling, tumor growth, and cell survival in prostate cancerJong Hyun Lee
College of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Oncotarget . 2016..Here, we investigated whether capsazepine (Capz), a synthetic analogue of capsaicin, exerts anticancer effects by inhibiting STAT3 activation in prostate cancer ..
- Regulation of sodium channel activity by capping of actin filamentsEkaterina V Shumilina
Institute of Cytology Russian Academy of Sciences, St Petersburg 194064, Russia
Mol Biol Cell 14:1709-16. 2003..inside-out patch clamp experiments were performed to study the effect of the heterodimeric actin capping protein CapZ on sodium channel regulation in leukemia K562 cells...
- Role for phosphoinositide 3-kinase in Fc gamma RIIA-induced platelet shape changeKurt L Barkalow
Division of Hematology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 285:C797-805. 2003..inhibition blocks activation of Rac, but not of Cdc42, and diminishes the association of Arp2/3 complex and CapZ with polymerized actin...
- Arabidopsis capping protein (AtCP) is a heterodimer that regulates assembly at the barbed ends of actin filamentsShanjin Huang
Department of Biological Sciences and Purdue Motility Group, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2064, USA
J Biol Chem 278:44832-42. 2003..042 pointed ends created per AtCP polypeptide compares favorably with mouse CapZ, which has a maximal nucleation of 0.17 pointed ends per CapZ polypeptide...
- Ena/VASP proteins: regulators of the actin cytoskeleton and cell migrationMatthias Krause
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 19:541-64. 2003..these proteins associate with barbed ends of actin filaments and antagonize filament capping by capping protein (CapZ)...
- F-actin capping (CapZ) and other contractile saphenous vein smooth muscle proteins are altered by hemodynamic stress: a proteonomic approachEmma McGregor
Department of Vascular Surgery, Imperial College School of Medicine at Charing Cross Hospital, St Dunstan s Road, London W6 8RP, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:115-24. 2004..018). The abundance of actin-capping protein alpha2 subunit CapZ had decreased 3-fold, p = 0.04. A 19-kDa proteolytic fragment of actin increased 2-fold, p = 0.04...
- Calcium transients regulate patterned actin assembly during myofibrillogenesisHongyan Li
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
Dev Dyn 229:231-42. 2004..Here, we show that blocking transients also compromises patterned assembly of actin thin filaments, titin, and capZ. Because a conserved temporal assembly pattern has been described for these proteins, selective inhibitors of ..
- The erythrocyte skeletons of beta-adducin deficient mice have altered levels of tropomyosin, tropomodulin and EcapZFabiola Porro
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Padriciano 99, I 34012, Trieste, Italy
FEBS Lett 576:36-40. 2004..In fact, CapZ, the main muscle actin-capping protein of the barbed ends that in the erythrocytes is cytoplasmic, is 9-fold ..
- Differential effects of Latrunculin-A on myofibrils in cultures of skeletal muscle cells: insights into mechanisms of myofibrillogenesisJushuo Wang
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 62:35-47. 2005..confer greater resistance to depolymerization by Lat-A, we stained the myotubes with an antibody directed against CapZ, a protein that blocks the release of monomer actin from the barbed ends of actin filaments...
- VR1-mediated depressor effects during high-salt intake: role of anandamideYouping Wang
Department of Medicine and Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hypertension 46:986-91. 2005..during high-salt intake, which can be blocked by a selective vanilloid receptor 1(VR1) antagonist, capsazepine (CAPZ)...
- A Rich1/Amot complex regulates the Cdc42 GTPase and apical-polarity proteins in epithelial cellsClark D Wells
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON M5G 1X5, Canada
Cell 125:535-48. 2006..We propose that Rich1 and Amot maintain TJ integrity by the coordinate regulation of Cdc42 and by linking specific components of the TJ to intracellular protein trafficking...
- TRPV1-mediated diuresis and natriuresis induced by hypertonic saline perfusion of the renal pelvisYi Zhu
Department of Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich 48823, USA
Am J Nephrol 27:530-7. 2007..This study was designed to test the hypothesis that TRPV1 mediates diuresis and natriuresis induced by hypertonic saline perfusion into the pelvis...
- Gene expression profiling of TGFbeta2- and/or BMP7-treated trabecular meshwork cells: Identification of Smad7 as a critical inhibitor of TGF-beta2 signalingRudolf Fuchshofer
Institute of Human Anatomy and Embryology, University of Regensburg, Universitätsstr 31, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Exp Eye Res 88:1020-32. 2009..Among the genes that were found to be regulated were CAPZA1, CDC42BPB, EFEMP1, FGF5, FSTL3, HBEGF, LTBP1, LTBP2, MATN2, NRP1, SERPINE1, SH3MD1, SMTN, SMAD7, TFPI2, TNFAIP6, ..
- Activity-dependent localization in spines of the F-actin capping protein CapZ screened in a rat model of dementiaTakuma Kitanishi
The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Genes Cells 15:737-47. 2010..and control sides of hippocampi after unilateral FFT revealed a reduction in the F-actin capping protein (CapZ) signal on the FFT side...
- Reduced cardiac CapZ protein protects hearts against acute ischemia-reperfusion injury and enhances preconditioningFeng Hua Yang
Cardiovascular Research Group, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:761-72. 2012The Z-disc protein CapZ has historically been classified as a structural element, anchoring sarcomeric actin...
- Identifying a role of the actin capping protein CapZ in β-adrenergic receptor signallingL Gaikis
Cardiovascular Research Group, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 207:173-82. 2013..Reductions in the cardiac Z-disc protein CapZ attenuate PKC regulation of myofilament activation...
- Tandem duplication of KIT exon 11 influences the proteome of canine mast cell tumoursP Schlieben
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Robert von Ostertag Straße 15, 14163, Berlin, Germany
J Comp Pathol 148:318-22. 2013..These are mainly involved in cytoskeleton structure and cell motility (ACTR2, ACTB and CAPPA1), cell signalling (ARHGDIA) and lipid metabolism (ALOX15 and ACSBG4), or are serum proteins...
- Actin capping proteins, CapZ (β-actinin) and tropomodulin in amphioxus striated muscleYulong Bao
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Chiba University, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Gene 510:78-86. 2012b>CapZ (β-actinin) and tropomodulin (Tmod) are capping proteins involved in the maintenance of thin filaments in vertebrate skeletal muscles. In this study, we focused on amphioxus, the most primitive chordate...
- CapZ and actin capping dynamics increase in myocytes after a bout of exercise and abates in hours after stimulation endsYing Hsi Lin
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 114:1603-9. 2013..The goal of this work is to address how proteins of the thin filament (actin and its capping protein CapZ) are changed by 1 h of mechanical stimulation and return to baseline over time...
- Organization of F-actin by Fesselin (avian smooth muscle synaptopodin 2)Mechthild M Schroeter
Institute of Vegetative Physiology, University of Cologne, Robert Koch Strasse 39, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
Biochemistry 52:4955-61. 2013..Blockers of actin growth at the barbed end (cytochalasin D and CapZ) did not prevent fesselin from polymerizing actin...
- Concurrent gene signatures for han chinese breast cancersChi Cheng Huang
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Electronics and Bioinformatics, National Taiwan University, Taipei City, Taiwan Cathay General Hospital SiJhih, New, Taipei City, Taiwan School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, New Taipei City, Taiwan School of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei City, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e76421. 2013..was built based on the first supervised principal component from 16 genes (RCAN3, MCOLN2, DENND2D, RWDD3, ZMYM6, CAPZA1, GPR18, WARS2, TRIM45, SCRN1, CSNK1E, HBXIP, CSDE1, MRPL20, IKZF1, and COL20A1), and distinct survival patterns ..
- Identification and characterization of an actin-binding site of CapZC Hug
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri
J Cell Biol 116:923-31. 1992A mAb (1E5) that binds the COOH-terminal region of the beta subunit of chicken CapZ inhibits the ability of CapZ to bind the barbed ends of actin filaments and nucleate actin polymerization...
- The localization of myosin VI at the golgi complex and leading edge of fibroblasts and its phosphorylation and recruitment into membrane ruffles of A431 cells after growth factor stimulationF Buss
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 2QR, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 143:1535-45. 1998..These results strongly support a role for myosin VI in membrane traffic on secretory and endocytic pathways...
- beta-Actinin, Cap Z, connectin and titin: what's in a name?Koscak Maruyama
National Center for University Entrance Examinations, Meguro, Tokyo 153 8501, Japan
Trends Biochem Sci 27:264-6. 2002
- Postmortem proteome changes of porcine muscle related to tendernessRene Lametsch
Department of Food Science, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Tjele, Denmark
J Agric Food Chem 51:6992-7. 2003..myofibril proteins or fragments included myosin heavy chain, titin, myosin light chain I, myosin light II, CapZ, and cofilin...
- Recruitment of the endosomal WASH complex is mediated by the extended 'tail' of Fam21 binding to the retromer protein Vps35Michael E Harbour
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Biochem J 442:209-20. 2012..Additionally, overexpression of the Fam21-tail results in cell-spreading defects, implicating the activity of the WASH complex in regulating the mobilization of membrane into the endosome-to-cell surface pathway...
- Differential expression of fourteen proteins between uveal melanoma from patients who subsequently developed distant metastases versus those who did NotAnnett Linge
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Ireland
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:4634-43. 2012..To compare the proteomic profiles of two categories of primary uveal melanoma tissue samples; those from patients who have subsequently developed metastatic disease and those who have not...
- Conservation and divergence between cytoplasmic and muscle-specific actin capping proteins: insights from the crystal structure of cytoplasmic Cap32/34 from Dictyostelium discoideumChristian Eckert
Abteilung NMR basierte Strukturbiologie, Max Planck Institut fur biophysikalische Chemie, Am Fassberg 11, D 37077, Gottingen, Germany
BMC Struct Biol 12:12. 2012Capping protein (CP), also known as CapZ in muscle cells and Cap32/34 in Dictyostelium discoideum, plays a major role in regulating actin filament dynamics. CP is a ubiquitously expressed heterodimer comprising an α- and β-subunit...
- Phosphoprotein abundance changes in hypertensive cardiac remodelingKumar Kotlo
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 South Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Proteomics 77:1-13. 2012..Among these were (1) myofilament proteins, including alpha-tropomyosin and myosin regulatory light chain 2, cap Z interacting protein (cap ZIP), and tubulin β5; (2) mitochondrial proteins, including pyruvate dehydrogenase α, ..
- Epithelial junction formation requires confinement of Cdc42 activity by a novel SH3BP1 complexAhmed Elbediwy
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, EC1V 9EL London, England, UK
J Cell Biol 198:677-93. 2012..The filamentous actin-capping protein CapZ also associated with the SH3BP1 complex and was required for control of actin remodeling...
- Thermodynamic and kinetic analysis of peptides derived from CapZ, NDR, p53, HDM2, and HDM4 binding to human S100BLucas N Wafer
Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies and Department of Biology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Biochemistry 51:7189-201. 2012..Previously, peptides derived from CapZ, p53, NDR, HDM2, and HDM4 have been shown to interact with S100B in a calcium-dependent manner...
- Dab1 stabilizes its interaction with Cin85 by suppressing Cin85 phosphorylation at serine 587Bior K Bior
Department of Biology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
FEBS Lett 587:60-6. 2013..Furthermore a Cin85 Ser587 phosphomimetic disrupts the Dab1-Cin85 complex without affecting the Cin85-CapZ complex...
- Variant cDNAs encoding proteins similar to the alpha subunit of chicken CapZJ A Cooper
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 18:204-14. 1991..previously isolated from a chicken embryo library by screening with antibodies against the alpha subunit of chicken CapZ. cDNAs with a new coding region, called alpha 2, were found in addition to ones with the alpha 1 coding region...
- cDNAs encoding the beta subunit of cap Z, the actin-capping protein of the Z line of muscleJ E Caldwell
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 264:12648-52. 1989Three cDNAs encoding the beta chain of Cap Z have been isolated from lambda gt11 chicken libraries screened with antibodies...
- Purification and properties of a Ca(2+)-independent barbed-end actin filament capping protein, CapZ, from human polymorphonuclear leukocytesN A Maun
University of Florida College of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Gainesville, 32610, USA
Biochemistry 35:3518-24. 1996..Western blot analysis identified the protein as the nonmuscle isoform of the heterodimeric capping protein capZ. Human PMN capZ has an apparent disassociation constant of 3 nM for capping in the presence or absence of ..
- Purification and characterization of an alpha 1 beta 2 isoform of CapZ from human erythrocytes: cytosolic location and inability to bind to Mg2+ ghosts suggest that erythrocyte actin filaments are capped by adducinP A Kuhlman
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Biochemistry 36:13461-72. 1997b>CapZ ("capping protein") is a heterodimeric actin capping protein that blocks actin filament assembly and disassembly at the fast growing (barbed) filament ends and is proposed to function in regulating actin filament dynamics as well as ..
- Identification of the binding site on S100B protein for the actin capping protein CapZP M Kilby
Department of Biochemistry and Biological NMR Centre, University of Leicester, United Kingdom
Protein Sci 6:2494-503. 1997..in spectra of 15N-labeled protein to locate the site that binds a peptide corresponding to residues 265-276 from CapZ alpha, the actin capping protein...
- Cloning of ARE-containing genes by AU-motif-directed displayO Dominguez
University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, 08916, Spain
Genomics 54:278-86. 1998..These data demonstrate the efficiency of the system and support the notion that numerous genes falling into those categories remain unidentified and that they can be cloned by this method...
- Annealing accounts for the length of actin filaments formed by spontaneous polymerizationD Sept
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0365, USA
Biophys J 77:2911-9. 1999..the observed average length of filaments in two types of experiments: 1) filaments formed from a wide range of highly purified actin monomer concentrations, and 2) filaments formed from 24 microM actin over a range of CapZ concentrations.
- Interaction of the p62 subunit of dynactin with Arp1 and the cortical actin cytoskeletonJ A Garces
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01605, USA
Curr Biol 9:1497-500. 1999..Dynactin is a multi-subunit complex that contains a short actin-related protein 1 (Arp 1) filament with capZ at the barbed end and p62 at the pointed end ...
- Telethonin and other new proteins of the Z-disc of skeletal muscleG Faulkner
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Padriciano, Trieste, Italy
IUBMB Life 51:275-82. 2001..A greater knowledge of Z-disc proteins and their interactions is essential for understanding their role in the structure and function of muscle...
- Actin capping protein: an essential element in protein kinase signaling to the myofilamentsW Glen Pyle
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Ill 60612, USA
Circ Res 90:1299-306. 2002Actin capping protein (CapZ) binds the barbed ends of actin at sarcomeric Z-lines. In addition to anchoring actin, Z-discs bind protein kinase C (PKC)...
- Solution NMR structure of S100B bound to the high-affinity target peptide TRTK-12Keith G Inman
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, 108 N Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Mol Biol 324:1003-14. 2002..is reported for Ca(2+)-loaded S100B bound to a 12-residue peptide, TRTK-12, from the actin capping protein CapZ (alpha1 or alpha2 subunit, residues 265-276: TRTKIDWNKILS)...
- V-1, a protein expressed transiently during murine cerebellar development, regulates actin polymerization via interaction with capping proteinMasato Taoka
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Hachioji shi, Tokyo 192 0397, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:5864-70. 2003..with V-1, which were identified as the alpha and beta subunits of the capping protein (CP, alternatively called CapZ or beta-actinin). CP regulates actin polymerization by capping the barbed end of the actin filament. The V-1...
- Anandamide-induced depressor effect in spontaneously hypertensive rats: role of the vanilloid receptorJianping Li
Department of Medicine and Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
Hypertension 41:757-62. 2003..depressor effect in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR), we used a selective VR1 antagonist capsazepine (CAPZ) and a selective cannabinoid type 1 receptor antagonist SR141716A in conjunction with a VR1 agonist capsaicin in ..
- Crystal structure of CapZ: structural basis for actin filament barbed end cappingAtsuko Yamashita
Laboratory for Structural Biochemistry, RIKEN Harima Institute at SPring 8, 1 1 1 Kouto, Mikazuki, Sayo, Hyogo, 679 5148, Japan
EMBO J 22:1529-38. 2003..Here we describe the crystal structure of the chicken sarcomeric capping protein CapZ at 2.1 A resolution...
- Actin binding proteins: regulation of cytoskeletal microfilamentsC G Dos Remedios
Institute for Biomedical Research, Muscle Research Unit, Department of Anatomy and Histology, University of Sydney, Australia
Physiol Rev 83:433-73. 2003..In this review we selected several ABPs (ADF/cofilin, profilin, gelsolin, thymosin beta4, DNase I, CapZ, tropomodulin, and Arp2/3) that regulate actin-driven assembly, i.e...
- Interactions between the evolutionarily conserved, actin-related protein, Arp11, actin, and Arp1D Mark Eckley
Department of Biology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Mol Biol Cell 14:2645-54. 2003..present in a protein complex localized at the pointed end of the Arp1 minifilament, whereas actin capping protein (CapZ) is present at the barbed end. Either might cooperate with conventional actin to cap Arp1...
- Function and regulation of the vanilloid receptor in rats fed a high salt dietJianping Li
Department of Medicine and Neuroscience Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Hypertens 21:1525-30. 2003..To test the hypothesis that activation of the vanilloid receptor (VR1) by high salt intake prevents salt-induced increases in arterial pressure via stimulation of release of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) from sensory nerves...
- Hippocampal protein-protein interactions in spatial memoryThomas J Nelson
Blanche Rockefeller Neurosciences Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Hippocampus 14:46-57. 2004..Interactions between complexin and its targets (p25alpha and Drac1-like protein) and the interaction between CapZ and tubulin were calcium-dependent...
- Effect of ionizing irradiation on human esophageal cancer cell lines by cDNA microarray gene expression analysisHideki Bo
Department of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Gerontology, Nippon Medical School
J Nippon Med Sch 71:172-80. 2004..UBE2M, RPL6, PDGFRL, TRAF2, TNFAIP6, ITGB4, GSTM3, and SP3 and common downregulated genes involved NFIL3, SMARCA2, CAPZA1, MetAP2, CITED2, DAP3, MGAT2, ATRX, CIAO1, and STAT6...
- Searching for the missing link: a role for the actin capping protein in heart failureW Glen Pyle
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Can J Cardiol 20:1429-32. 2004..Using the actin capping protein (CapZ) as a representative of the Z-disc, it was found that decreasing CapZ enhances force development and inhibits ..
- Differentially expressed transcripts from phenotypically identified olfactory sensory neuronsTun Tzu Yu
Department of Physiology and The Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience of Sensory Systems Program, The University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
J Comp Neurol 483:251-62. 2005..that participate in these biological processes, including ATP5g3, Ndufa9, Sqrdl, Mdh1, Got1, beta-2 tubulin, Capza1, Bin3, Tom1, Acl6, and similar to O-MACS. Three transcripts had restricted expression patterns...
- Intracellular cAMP controls a physical association of V-1 with CapZ in cultured mammalian endocrine cellsMasashi Kitazawa
Department of Pharmaceutical Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:181-6. 2005..to control tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) gene expression and transmitter release in PC12D cells, associates with CapZ, an actin capping protein, and thereby regulates actin polymerization in vitro...
- The phosphorylation of CapZ-interacting protein (CapZIP) by stress-activated protein kinases triggers its dissociation from CapZClaire E Eyers
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 389:127-35. 2005..It interacted specifically with the F-actin capping protein CapZ in splenocytes, and was therefore termed 'CapZIP' (CapZ-interacting protein)...
- The three-dimensional solution structure of Ca(2+)-bound S100A1 as determined by NMR spectroscopyNathan T Wright
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 108 N Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Mol Biol 353:410-26. 2005..exposes a hydrophobic cleft, defined by residues in the hinge region, the C terminus, and regions of helix 3, which are important for the interaction between S100A1 and a peptide (TRTK-12) derived from the actin-capping protein CapZ.
- WNT2B: comparative integromics and clinical applications (Review)Masaru Katoh
Genetics and Cell Biology Section, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Int J Mol Med 16:1103-8. 2005..Here, comparative integromics analyses on WNT2B and its clinical applications are reviewed. WNT2B-ST7L-CAPZA1 locus at human chromosome 1p13.2 and WNT2-ST7-CAPZA2 locus at human chromosome 7q31...
- Endothelin-1 mobilizes profilin-1-bound PIP2 in cardiac muscleNathan J Evans
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 231:882-7. 2006..cytoskeletal proteins were found to contain tightly bound PIP2, including profilin-1 (approximately 15 kDa), capZ (approximately 32 kDa), gCap39, (approximately 39 kDa) and alpha-actinin (approximately 106 kDa)...
- Control of cardiac myofilament activation and PKC-betaII signaling through the actin capping protein, CapZW Glen Pyle
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1
J Mol Cell Cardiol 41:537-43. 2006Actin capping protein (CapZ) anchors the barbed ends of sarcomeric actin to the Z-disc...
- CapZ-lipid membrane interactions: a computer analysisJames Smith
Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg Center for Medical Physics and Technology, Biophysics Group Henkestrasse 91, 91052 Erlangen, Germany
Theor Biol Med Model 3:30. 2006b>CapZ is a calcium-insensitive and lipid-dependent actin filament capping protein, the main function of which is to regulate the assembly of the actin cytoskeleton...
- The role of CKIP-1 in cell morphology depends on its interaction with actin-capping proteinDavid A Canton
Regulatory Biology and Functional Genomics Research Group, Siebens Drake Medical Research Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5C1, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:36347-59. 2006....
- R John Solaro; Fiscal Year: 2016..regulates cell lengthening by phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase at the costamere leading to actin capping by CapZ. In Project 3 (LewandoskI), the overall objective is to elucidate the potential for, and the extent to which ..
- CapZ, PKC Signaling and Control of Sarcomere FunctionC Sumandea; Fiscal Year: 2006..We reported recently that transgenic mice engineered to display a reduction in the Z-disc actin capping protein, CapZ, affect the myofilament response to Ca2+ and also induce alterations in PKC Z-disc localization...
- Gordon Research Conference on Motile and Contractile SysVelia Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2003..An informal Technical Tutorial will be held on one afternoon in which advantages and caveats of new developments in quantitative light microscopy and digital image analysis are discussed. ..
- CAPPING ACTIN GROWTH IN ERYTHROID NONERYTHROID CELLSVelia Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- INTEGRATION OF ACTIN BEADED FILAMENT SYSTEM IN THE LENSVelia Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2003....