Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CAPON
Description: nitric oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein
Alias: 6330408P19Rik, CAPON, carboxyl-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase protein, C-terminal PDZ domain ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (CAPON), C-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase protein, ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase with carboxyl-terminal PDZ domain, nitric oxide synthase 1 (neuronal) adaptor protein
Publications136 found, 100 shown here
- Common variation in the NOS1AP gene is associated with reduced glucose-lowering effect and with increased mortality in users of sulfonylureaMatthijs L Becker
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:591-7. 2008..As sulfonylurea stimulate insulin secretion by an increased influx of Ca, we hypothesized that this polymorphism is associated with the glucose-lowering effect and mortality risk in sulfonylurea users...
- Evidence for a role of the NOS1AP (CAPON) gene in schizophrenia and its clinical dimensions: an association study in a South American population isolateBarbara Kremeyer
The Galton Laboratory, Department of Biology, University College London, London, UK
Hum Hered 67:163-73. 2009....
- Multiple independent genetic factors at NOS1AP modulate the QT interval in a multi-ethnic populationDan E Arking
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4333. 2009..These results highlight the consistent and complex role of NOS1AP genetic variants in modulating QT interval...
- CAPON: a protein associated with neuronal nitric oxide synthase that regulates its interactions with PSD95S R Jaffrey
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Neuroscience, Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 20:115-24. 1998..Here, we report the identification of a novel nNOS-associated protein, CAPON, which is highly enriched in brain and has numerous colocalizations with nNOS...
- Dexras1: a G protein specifically coupled to neuronal nitric oxide synthase via CAPONM Fang
Department of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neuron 28:183-93. 2000..Here we identify a selective interaction of the nNOS adaptor protein CAPON with Dexras1, a brain-enriched member of the Ras family of small monomeric G proteins...
- Neuronal nitric-oxide synthase localization mediated by a ternary complex with synapsin and CAPONSamie R Jaffrey
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:3199-204. 2002..Here, we show that the nNOS adapter protein, CAPON, interacts with synapsins I, II, and III through an N-terminal phosphotyrosine-binding domain interaction, which ..
- Association of the carboxyl-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase gene with schizophrenia in the Chinese Han populationYonglan Zheng
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 328:809-15. 2005..Recently, some genetic variants within CAPON have been reported as exhibiting significant linkage disequilibrium to schizophrenia in Canadian familial-..
- Increased expression in dorsolateral prefrontal cortex of CAPON in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderBin Xu
Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS Med 2:e263. 2005..between schizophrenia and markers within the gene for carboxyl-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (CAPON). Prior sequencing of the ten exons of CAPON failed to reveal a coding mutation associated with illness.
- Failure to confirm allelic association between markers at the CAPON gene locus and schizophrenia in a British sampleVinay Puri
Molecular Psychiatry Laboratory, Department of Mental Health Sciences, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, London, W1T 4JF, UK
Biol Psychiatry 59:195-7. 2006..It was then claimed that markers at the carboxyl-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (CAPON) gene showed allelic association with schizophrenia in Canadian families...
- A common genetic variant in the NOS1 regulator NOS1AP modulates cardiac repolarizationDan E Arking
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nat Genet 38:644-51. 2006..This genome-wide study identified NOS1AP (CAPON), a regulator of neuronal nitric oxide synthase, as a new target that modulates cardiac repolarization...
- Associations between genetic variants in the NOS1AP (CAPON) gene and cardiac repolarization in the old order AmishWendy Post
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Hum Hered 64:214-9. 2007..genome-wide association study, we discovered an association of the electrocardiographic QT interval with polymorphisms in the NOS1AP (CAPON) gene. The purpose of the current study was to replicate this association in the Old Order Amish.
- Common NOS1AP variants are associated with a prolonged QTc interval in the Rotterdam StudyAlbert Jan L H J Aarnoudse
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 116:10-6. 2007..We tested for association of 2 NOS1AP variants with QT duration and sudden cardiac death...
- Genome-wide association study of electrocardiographic and heart rate variability traits: the Framingham Heart StudyChristopher Newton-Cheh
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA, USA
BMC Med Genet 8:S7. 2007..We report the results of a community-based genomewide association study of six ECG and HRV intermediate traits...
- Association of NOS1AP genetic variants with QT interval duration in families from the Diabetes Heart StudyAllison B Lehtinen
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Diabetes 57:1108-14. 2008..We sought to replicate the finding that genetic variants in the nitric oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein (NOS1AP) gene are associated with QT interval duration in a type 2 diabetes-enriched sample of European ancestry...
- CAPON modulates cardiac repolarization via neuronal nitric oxide synthase signaling in the heartKuan Cheng Chang
Institute of Molecular Cardiobiology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4477-82. 2008..Apart from the rare disease-causing mutations, common genetic variants in CAPON, a neuronal nitric oxide synthase (NOS1) regulator, have recently been associated with QT interval variations in a ..
- Gender and effects of a common genetic variant in the NOS1 regulator NOS1AP on cardiac repolarization in 3761 individuals from two independent populationsMartin D Tobin
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, UK
Int J Epidemiol 37:1132-41. 2008..We investigated the association between rs10494366 in NOS1AP and QTc, and assessed gender-specific NOS1AP associations with QTc during rest and after exercise...
- Common variation in NOS1AP and KCNH2 genes and QT interval duration in young adults. The Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns StudyOlli T Raitakari
Department of Clinical Physiology, University of Turku, Finland
Ann Med 41:144-51. 2009..Common genetic variants in the nitric oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein gene (NOS1AP) and in the HERG potassium channel gene (KCNH2) have been associated with cardiac repolarization in middle-aged and elderly subjects...
- Identification of a common variant at the NOS1AP locus strongly associated to QT-interval durationMark Eijgelsheim
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center 3000, CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 18:347-57. 2009..In conclusion, we found rs12143842 6 kb upstream distance of NOS1AP to be more strongly associated to QT-interval duration than rs10494366T > G. Functional analysis of this marker is warranted...
- A common NOS1AP genetic polymorphism is associated with increased cardiovascular mortality in users of dihydropyridine calcium channel blockersMatthijs L Becker
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 67:61-7. 2009..The aim was to investigate whether this polymorphism is associated with cardiovascular mortality in users of CCBs...
- Common variants at ten loci influence QT interval duration in the QTGEN StudyChristopher Newton-Cheh
Center for Human Genetic Research, Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Nat Genet 41:399-406. 2009..5% of the variation in QT interval. These results, together with an accompanying paper, offer insights into myocardial repolarization and suggest candidate genes that could predispose to sudden cardiac death and drug-induced arrhythmias...
- NOS1AP regulates dendrite patterning of hippocampal neurons through a carboxypeptidase E-mediated pathwayDamien Carrel
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 8082, USA
J Neurosci 29:8248-58. 2009..oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein (NOS1AP; also known as C-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase or CAPON) in dendritic patterning of cultured hippocampal neurons...
- Association of genetic variants of NOS1AP with type 2 diabetes in a Chinese populationC Hu
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, 600 Yishan Road, Shanghai 200233, People s Republic of China
Diabetologia 53:290-8. 2010..Although this association was not replicated in additional samples of European descent, it remains unknown whether NOS1AP plays a role in Chinese individuals...
- NOS1AP variant associated with incidence of type 2 diabetes in calcium channel blocker users in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) studyA Y Chu
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Diabetologia 53:510-6. 2010....
- Identification of a schizophrenia-associated functional noncoding variant in NOS1APNaomi S Wratten
Rutgers University Department of Genetics, 145 Bevier Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:434-41. 2009..In this study the authors sought to apply novel statistical methods and conduct additional biological experiments to isolate at least one risk allele within NOS1AP...
- Common variants at ten loci modulate the QT interval duration in the QTSCD StudyArne Pfeufer
Institute of Human Genetics, Helmholtz Center Munich, Germany
Nat Genet 41:407-14. 2009..These results, together with an accompanying paper from the QTGEN consortium, identify new candidate genes for ventricular arrhythmias and SCD...
- Effect of caponization and exogenous androgens implantation on blood lipid and lipoprotein profile in male chickensK L Chen
Department of Animal Science, National Chiayi University 600, Taiwan
Poult Sci 89:924-30. 2010..Sixteen intact caponized (capon) male chickens and 16 female chickens were assigned for trial 1, and 16 sham-operated (sham) male chickens and 64 ..
- Siderophore production by marine-derived fungiBrian Holinsworth
Department of Natural Sciences, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK 74464, USA
Biometals 22:625-32. 2009..strain produced the rare catecholate siderophore pistillarin when grown under relatively high iron concentrations (Capon et al. J Nat Prod 70:1746-1752, 2007)...
- A novel M3 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor is expressed in chick atrium and ventricleA P Gadbut
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
J Biol Chem 269:25823-9. 1994..G., Ashkenazi, A., Winslow, J.W., Smith, D.H., Ramachandran, J., and Capon, D.J. (1987) EMBO J. 6, 3923-3929). Tietje and Nathanson (Tietje, K.M., and Nathanson, N. M. (1991) J. Biol. Chem...
- CAPON expression in skeletal muscle is regulated by position, repair, NOS activity, and dystrophyLaurent Segalat
CNRS UPR5534, Université Lyon 1 and Institut Cochin, INSERM U567, 75014 Paris, France
Exp Cell Res 302:170-9. 2005..In neurons, the adaptor protein, carboxy-terminal PDZ ligand of nNOS (CAPON), regulates the distribution of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS), which produces the key signaling molecule ..
- Solution structure and backbone dynamics of the second PDZ domain of postsynaptic density-95H Tochio
Department of Biochemistry, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong, Kowloon, P R China
J Mol Biol 295:225-37. 2000..The interaction of the PSD-95 PDZ2 with a carboxyl-terminal peptide derived from a cytoplasmic protein CAPON was studied by NMR titration experiments...
- Detection of reciprocal quantitative trait loci for acute ethanol withdrawal and ethanol consumption in heterogeneous stock miceR Hitzemann
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 S W Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 203:713-22. 2009..Previous studies have suggested that there is an inverse genetic relationship between ethanol consumption (two-bottle choice, continuous access) and ethanol withdrawal (e.g., Metten et al., Behav Brain Res 95:113-122, 1998a)...
- High range resolution medical acoustic vascular imaging with frequency domain interferometryHirofumi Taki
Graduate School of Informatics, Department of Communications and Computer Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010:5298-301. 2010For high range resolution acoustic vascular imaging we apply frequency domain interferometry and Capon method to a few frames of in-phase and quadrature (IQ) data acquired by a commercial ultrasonographic device...
- Changes in mRNA for post-synaptic density-95 (PSD-95) and carboxy-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase following facial nerve transectionY H Che
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 76:325-35. 2000..neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS), which is competitively inhibited by carboxy-terminal PDZ ligand of nNOS (CAPON) and, thereby, nNOS activity is thought to be regulated by PSD-95 and CAPON...
- Neuronal-NOS adaptor protein expression after spreading depression: implications for NO production and ischemic toleranceAmanda K Wiggins
Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine, Department of Medicine, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Neurochem 87:1368-80. 2003..Therefore, the present study examined the effect of CSD on the spatiotemporal expression of PIN, CAPON, PSD-95, Mn-SOD and Cu/Zn-SOD mRNA in the rat brain...
- Serious obstetric complications interact with hypoxia-regulated/vascular-expression genes to influence schizophrenia riskK K Nicodemus
Genes, Cognition and Psychosis Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Psychiatry 13:873-7. 2008..of schizophrenia candidate genes regulated by hypoxia or involved in vascular function in the brain (AKT1, BDNF, CAPON, CHRNA7, COMT, DTNBP1, GAD1, GRM3, NOTCH4, NRG1, PRODH, RGS4, TNF-alpha) interacted with serious obstetric ..
- Capon beamforming in medical ultrasound imaging with focused beamsFrancois Vignon
Philips Research North America, Ultrasound Imaging and Therapy, Briarcliff Manor, NY, USA
IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control 55:619-28. 2008..It leads to images with limited resolution and contrast. This paper presents an adaptation of the Capon beamformer algorithm to ultrasound medical imaging with focused beams...
- Linkage disequilibrium mapping of the replicated type 2 diabetes linkage signal on chromosome 1qInga Prokopenko
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Diabetes 58:1704-9. 2009..We performed common variant fine-mapping across a 23-Mb interval in a multiethnic sample to search for variants responsible for this linkage signal...
- Complete nucleotide sequence of human reg gene and its expression in normal and tumoral tissues. The reg protein, pancreatic stone protein, and pancreatic thread protein are one and the same product of the geneT Watanabe
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Miyagi, Japan
J Biol Chem 265:7432-9. 1990..De Caro, A. M., Adrich, Z., Fournet, B., Capon, C., Bonicel, J. J., De Caro, J. D., and Rovery, M. (1989) Biochim. Biophys...
- Gene regulation by hypoxia and the neurodevelopmental origin of schizophreniaRainald Schmidt-Kastner
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Division of Cellular Neuroscience, Maastricht University, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Schizophr Res 84:253-71. 2006..The analysis showed that more than 50% of these genes, particularly AKT1, BDNF, CAPON, CCKAR, CHRNA7, CNR1, COMT, DNTBP1, GAD1, GRM3, IL10, MLC1, NOTCH4, NRG1, NR4A2/NURR1, PRODH, RELN, RGS4, RTN4/..
- The genome-wide expression profile of Nelumbinis semen on lipopolysaccharide-stimulated BV-2 microglial cellsSung Hwa Sohn
Department of Physiology, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 32:1012-20. 2009..These results suggested that NS can affect the MAPK signaling pathway and mitochondrial functions in BV-2 cells activated with LPS...
- Mutation screening of NOS1AP gene in a large sample of psychiatric patients and controlsRichard Delorme
Human Genetics and Cognitive Functions, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
BMC Med Genet 11:108. 2010..Previous genetic and functional studies explored the role of NOS1AP in these psychiatric conditions, but only a limited number explored the sequence variability of NOS1AP...
- Reduced gray matter in the anterior cingulate gyrus in familial schizophrenia: a preliminary reportGregory Costain
Clinical Genetics Research Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Schizophr Res 122:81-4. 2010..These results suggest that the changes are primarily due to genetic risk and not illness effects, and may represent an intermediate phenotype...
- Highly efficient neutralization of HIV with recombinant CD4-immunoglobulin moleculesA Traunecker
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
Nature 339:68-70. 1989..Similar chimaeric molecules, combining CD4 with human IgG were recently described by Capon et al., but these included the CH1 domain and did not bind Clq...
- Spatiotemporal expression of Dexras1 after spinal cord transection in ratsXin Li
The Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, 19 Qi xiu Road, Nantong, Jiangsu 226001, China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 28:371-88. 2008..Furthermore, colocalization of Dexras1, carboxy-terminal PSD95/DLG/ZO-1 (PDZ) ligand of nNOS (CAPON) and nNOS was observed in neurons and glial cells, supporting the existence of ternary complexes in this model...
- No evidence for excess runs of homozygosity in bipolar disorderAnna E Vine
Centre for Psychiatry, University College London, UK
Psychiatr Genet 19:165-70. 2009..Of these, four contained or neighboured genes associated with schizophrenia (NOS1AP/UHMK1, ATF2, NSF and PIK3C3)...
- In-vivo validation of fast spectral velocity estimation techniquesK L Hansen
Section of Ultrasound, Department of Radiology, Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Kbh Ø, Denmark
Ultrasonics 50:52-9. 2010..Two adaptive filterbank methods have been suggested to reduce the OW: Blood spectral Power Capon (BPC) and the Blood Amplitude and Phase EStimation method (BAPES)...
- Cardiac nitric oxide synthase-1 localization within the cardiomyocyte is accompanied by the adaptor protein, CAPONFarideh Beigi
Division of Cardiology and Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
Nitric Oxide 21:226-33. 2009..Here we tested the hypothesis that the PDZ-binding domain interaction between CAPON (carboxy-terminal PDZ ligand of NOS1), a NOS1 adaptor protein and NOS1, contribute to NOS1 localization in ..
- Effects of caponization and different forms of exogenous androgen implantation on immunity in male chicksK L Chen
Department of Animal Science, National Chiayi University, Chiayi 600, Taiwan
Poult Sci 89:887-94. 2010..Each of 27 sham-operated (sham) and caponized (capon) male chickens were used for trial 1...
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived neurons as a tool for studying neuroprotection and neurodegenerationGiles E Hardingham
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH89XD, UK
Mol Neurobiol 42:97-102. 2010....
- Norterpenoids and related peroxides from the formosan marine sponge Negombata corticataChih Hua Chao
Department of Marine Biotechnology and Resources, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Nat Prod 73:1538-43. 2010..on the basis of interpretation of spectroscopic data and by the application of the empirical rule established by Capon and MacLeod...
- Biological validation of increased schizophrenia risk with NRG1, ERBB4, and AKT1 epistasis via functional neuroimaging in healthy controlsKristin K Nicodemus
Genes, Cognition, and Psychosis Program, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:991-1001. 2010..NRG1 is a schizophrenia candidate gene and plays an important role in brain development and neural function. Schizophrenia is a complex disorder, with etiology likely due to epistasis...
- GAPDH mediates nitrosylation of nuclear proteinsMichael D Kornberg
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Nat Cell Biol 12:1094-100. 2010..5) and CAPON. As the three principal isoforms of NOS--neuronal NOS (nNOS), endothelial NOS (eNOS) and inducible NOS (iNOS)--are ..
- Identification of a novel KCNQ1 mutation in a large Saudi family with long QT syndrome: clinical consequences and preventive implicationsZ M A Shinwari
Cardiovascular Genetics Program, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center KFSH and RC, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Clin Genet 83:370-4. 2013..Our work illustrates the importance of extended family screening in LQTS to identify silent carriers and hence adopt the most appropriate therapeutic and preventive intervention...
- Associations between NOS1AP single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and QT interval duration in four racial/ethnic groups in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)Sidharth A Shah
Section on Cardiology, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 18:29-40. 2013..We used the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis to examine association of QT with NOS1AP variants in an ethnically diverse cohort...
- Generalization of variants identified by genome-wide association studies for electrocardiographic traits in African AmericansJanina M Jeff
Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Ann Hum Genet 77:321-32. 2013..This work provides a catalogue of generalized versus nongeneralized associations, a necessary step in prioritizing GWAS-identified regions for further fine-mapping in diverse populations. ..
- A genome-wide association study for reading and language abilities in two population cohortsM Luciano
Centre for Cognitive Aging and Cognitive Epidemiology, Department of Psychology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Genes Brain Behav 12:645-52. 2013..The results implicate novel candidates for study in additional cohorts for reading and language abilities...
- Genome-wide association studies and heritability estimates of body mass index related phenotypes in Bangladeshi adultsMolly Scannell Bryan
Department of Health Studies, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e105062. 2014....
- Nitric oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein, a protein implicated in schizophrenia, controls radial migration of cortical neuronsDamien Carrel
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey Neurophotonics Laboratory, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Biol Psychiatry 77:969-78. 2015..To elucidate pathways by which this process occurs and become aberrant, we have chosen to study the long isoform of nitric oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein (NOS1AP), a protein encoded by a susceptibility gene for schizophrenia...
- Neuronal nitric oxide synthase (NOS1) and its adaptor, NOS1AP, as a genetic risk factors for psychiatric disordersF Freudenberg
Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University Hospital of Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Genes Brain Behav 14:46-63. 2015..As the nitrinergic system comprises a relevant target for pharmacological interventions, further studies are warranted not only to elucidate the pathophysiology of mental disorders, but also to evaluate NO function as a biomarker. ..
- NOS1AP O-GlcNAc Modification Involved in Neuron Apoptosis Induced by ExcitotoxicityLiang Zhu
Department of Neurology, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, the Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory for Inflammation and Molecular Drug Target, Nantong University, Nantong 226000, China
Int J Mol Sci 16:16560-75. 2015..All these results suggest that O-GlcNAc modification of NOS1AP exerts protective effects during glutamate-induced neuronal apoptosis. ..
- NOS1AP Polymorphisms Modify QTc Interval Duration But Not Cardiac Arrest Risk in Hypertrophic CardiomyopathyNikki Earle
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 26:1346-51. 2015..Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) have been linked to QTc length, and to SCD. Here we investigated the role of 21 candidate SNPs in QTc duration and SCD events in patients with HCM...
- The analysis of meat traits of Sussex cockerels and capons (S11) at different agesMarek Adamski
UTP University of Science and Technology, zipcode 85 084 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Poult Sci 95:125-32. 2016..growing tendency of the percentage of fat share in the breast and leg muscles with age was noted in the capon group...
- Effect of caponisation on physicochemical and sensory characteristics of chickensA Amorim
1Agriculture School of Polytechnic Institute of Bragança, Campus de Santa Apolonia, Apartado 1172, 5301 855 Braganca, Portugal
Animal 10:978-86. 2016..Leg meat capon showed greater intramuscular fat content (P���0.05), monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and CP (P���0...
- Genetic markers predicting sulphonylurea treatment outcomes in type 2 diabetes patients: current evidence and challenges for clinical implementationN K Loganadan
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Pharmacogenomics J 16:209-19. 2016..Future studies need to address these limitations to develop personalized sulphonylurea medicine for T2DM management. ..
- Research progress in NOS1AP in neurological and psychiatric diseasesJie Wang
The Graduate School, Xuzhou Medical College, 209 Tong shan Road, Xuzhou, 221004, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Brain Res Bull 125:99-105. 2016Nitric Oxide Synthase 1 Adaptor Protein (NOS1AP, previously named CAPON) was firstly identified in rat brain in 1998...
- Effect of caponization on performance and quality characteristics of long bones in Polbar chickensSiemowit Muszyński
Department of Physics, Faculty of Production Engineering, University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Poult Sci 96:491-500. 2017..That suggests a higher risk of permanent deformation as capon bones become less elastic...
- The effect of age and castration on the growth rate, blood lipid profile, liver histology and feed conversion in Green-legged Partridge cockerels and caponsM Zawacka
1Department of Commodity Science and Animal Improvement, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Oczapowskiego 5, 10 719 Olsztyn, Poland
Animal . 2016..b>Capon carcasses were characterized by increased deposition of abdominal and subcutaneous fat (P<0.05)...
- The chemical synthesis of 2-deoxy-2-fluorodisaccharide probes of the hen egg white lysozyme mechanismDavid J Vocadlo
Department of Chemistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z1
Carbohydr Res 340:379-88. 2005..W.; Capon, B.; Cuthbert, M. W.; Dearie, W. M. Bioorg. Chem...
- Caponization and testosterone implantation effects on blood lipid and lipoprotein profile in male chickensK L Chen
Department of Animal Science, National Chiayi University, Chiayi 600, Taiwan Taichung 402, Taiwan
Poult Sci 84:547-52. 2005..Fifteen male and 15 caponized (capon) chickens were used in trial 1...
- Time-delay- and time-reversal-based robust Capon beamformers for ultrasound imagingZhisong Wang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 24:1308-22. 2005..the fact that it has lower resolution and worse interference suppression capability than the adaptive standard Capon beamformer (SCB) if the steering vector corresponding to the signal of interest (SOI) is accurately known...
- Does the CAPON gene confer susceptibility to schizophrenia?Sharon L Eastwood
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 2:e348. 2005
- Childhood trauma and genetic factors in familial schizophrenia associated with the NOS1AP geneJanice A Husted
Department of Health Studies and Gerontology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Schizophr Res 121:187-92. 2010..61, 11.91, respectively). The results suggest that childhood trauma is associated with expression of schizophrenia independent of measured genetic susceptibility and may be a candidate for gene-environment research using genetic variants...
- Cardiac levels of NOS1AP RNA from right ventricular tissue recovered during lead extractionSamir Saba
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Heart Rhythm 9:399-404. 2012..There is a scarcity of cardiac tissue available for research...
- Allelic variant of NOS1AP effects on cardiac alternans of repolarization during exercise testingJenni Koskela
Department of Internal Medicine, Tampere University Hospital and School of Medicine at the University of Tampere, Finland
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 72:100-7. 2012..This study tested association between rs10494366 in NOS1AP and both TWA and 4-year mortality...
- A protein complex of SCRIB, NOS1AP and VANGL1 regulates cell polarity and migration, and is associated with breast cancer progressionJ N Anastas
Molecular and Cellular Biology Graduate Program, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Oncogene 31:3696-708. 2012..We also find that reduction of NOS1AP enhances anchorage-independent growth. Collectively these data point to the relevance of NOS1AP and SCRIB protein complexes in breast cancer...
- Time reversal mirror localization technology based on a high-resolution MVDR algorithmYan Yi Yuan
Science and Technology on Complex Ship Systems Simulation Laboratory, Beijing 100000, China
J Acoust Soc Am 131:3350. 2012..The performance of time-reversal MVDR that is based on fixed diagonal loading and robust capon beamforming (RCB) was also studied...
- Robust wideband adaptive beamforming using waveguide invariant focusing methodBiao Jiang
Hangzhou Applied Acoustics Research Institute, 96 Huaxing Road, Hangzhou, 310012, China
J Acoust Soc Am 131:3487. 2012..of the snapshots necessary for the adaptive beamforming, and the diagonal loading is optimized using the robust Capon method to further improve the robustness...
- Spectral Doppler estimation utilizing 2-D spatial information and adaptive signal processingIngvild K Ekroll
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control 59:1182-92. 2012..Four adaptive estimation techniques were investigated, the power spectral Capon (PSC) method, the amplitude and phase estimation (APES) technique, multiple signal classification (MUSIC), and a ..
- Fine-mapping and initial characterization of QT interval loci in African AmericansChristy L Avery
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002870. 2012....
- Individualized therapy for type 2 diabetes: clinical implications of pharmacogenetic dataGaia Chiara Mannino
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Mol Diagn Ther 16:285-302. 2012....
- Serum Proteome Changes in Healthy Subjects with Different Genotypes of NOS1AP in the Chinese PopulationFeng Jiang
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Diabetes Institute, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Diabetes Mellitus, Shanghai Clinical Center for Diabetes, 600 Yishan Road, Shanghai 200233, China
J Diabetes Res 2013:357630. 2013..05). The protein profiling changes between the genotypes of rs12742393 indicated that this SNP might play a role in the development of type 2 diabetes...
- Letter by Herring and Paterson regarding article, "Common NOS1AP variants are associated with a prolonged QTc interval in the Rotterdam Study"Neil Herring
Circulation 116:e564; author reply e565. 2007
- Combining Capon and Bartlett spectral estimators for detection of multiple sinusoids in colored noise environmentsChengshi Zheng
Key Laboratory of Noise and Vibration Research, Institute of Acoustics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, No 21, North 4th Ring Road West, Haidian District, Beijing 100190, P R China
J Acoust Soc Am 131:3444. 2012..After obtaining the noise power spectral density, the second stage employs the Capon spectral estimator (CSE) to estimate the LSNR...
- Characterization of neutralizing monoclonal antibodies to linear and conformation-dependent epitopes within the first and second variable domains of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gp120J A McKeating
Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, United Kingdom
J Virol 67:4932-44. 1993..A. Lasky, G. M. Nakamura, D. H. Smith, C. Fennie, C. Shimasaki, E. Patzer, P. Berman, T. Gregory, and D. Capon, Cell 50:975-985, 1987; and U. Olshevsky, E. Helseth, C. Furman, J. Li, W. Haseltine, and J. Sodroski, J. Virol...
- Genetic suppression of phenotypes arising from mutations in dystrophin-related genes in Caenorhabditis elegansK Gieseler
CGMC, CNRS UMR5534, Universite Lyon 1, 43 Boulevard du 11 Novembre, 69622, Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Curr Biol 10:1092-7. 2000..The nematode worm Caenorhabditis elegans has a dystrophin homologue (dys-1), but null mutations in dys-1 do not result in muscle degeneration...
- The receptor tyrosine phosphatase-like protein ICA512 binds the PDZ domains of beta2-syntrophin and nNOS in pancreatic beta-cellsT Ort
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Eur J Cell Biol 79:621-30. 2000..Thus, we propose that ICA512, through beta2-syntrophin and nNOS, links secretory granules with the actin cytoskeleton and signaling pathways involving nitric oxide...
- Linkage disequilibrium mapping of schizophrenia susceptibility to the CAPON region of chromosome 1q22Linda M Brzustowicz
Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:1057-63. 2004..fall within the genomic extent of the gene for carboxyl-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (CAPON), making it a prime positional candidate for the schizophrenia-susceptibility locus on 1q22, although initial ..
- Multistatic adaptive microwave imaging for early breast cancer detectionYao Xie
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:1647-57. 2006..MAMI is a two-stage robust Capon beamforming (RCB) based image formation algorithm...
- Fine mapping by genetic association implicates the chromosome 1q23.3 gene UHMK1, encoding a serine/threonine protein kinase, as a novel schizophrenia susceptibility geneVinay Puri
Molecular Psychiatry Laboratory, Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London Medical School, London, UK
Biol Psychiatry 61:873-9. 2007..Based on this information, several research groups have published evidence that markers within both the RGS4 and CAPON genes, which are 700 kb apart, independently showed allelic association with schizophrenia...
- eIF2B and oligodendrocyte survival: where nature and nurture meet in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia?Christopher J Carter
Schizophr Bull 33:1343-53. 2007..Both may affect common stress-related signaling pathways that dictate oligodendrocyte viability and synaptic plasticity...
- Changes in mRNA for CAPON and Dexras1 in adult rat following sciatic nerve transectionAiguo Shen
The Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong 226001, People s Republic of China
J Chem Neuroanat 35:85-93. 2008..disc large tumor suppressor/zonula occuldens-1 protein (PDZ) ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (CAPON), as an adaptor, interacts with nNOS via the PDZ domain helping regulate nNOS activity at postsynaptic sites in ..
- Expression of CAPON after spinal cord injury in ratsChun Cheng
The Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, 19 Qi xiu Road, Nantong, Jiangsu 226001, China
J Mol Neurosci 34:109-19. 2008The adaptor protein, carboxy-terminal PDZ ligand of nNOS (CAPON), regulates the distribution of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) that increased after spinal cord injury (SCI) and produces the key signaling molecule nitric oxide (NO)...
- Involvement of CAPON and nitric oxide synthases in rat muscle regeneration after peripheral nerve injuryMengling Chen
The Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong, China
J Mol Neurosci 34:89-100. 2008Carboxy-terminal PDZ ligand of nNOS (CAPON) protein, as an adaptor, binds to nNOS via the PDZ domain helping regulate neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) activity at post-synaptic sites in neurons (Jaffrey et al...
- Confirmation of the genetic association between the U2AF homology motif (UHM) kinase 1 (UHMK1) gene and schizophrenia on chromosome 1q23.3Vinay Puri
Molecular Psychiatry Laboratory, Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London Medical School, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, London, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 16:1275-82. 2008..to satisfactorily confirm previously reported associations between schizophrenia and the genes RGS4 and NOS1AP/CAPON. These genes flank UHMK1 and all three loci are within a 700 kb region showing linkage to schizophrenia...
- Strategy for a genetic assessment of antipsychotic and antidepressant-related proarrhythmiaAntonio Drago
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Bologna, Viale Carlo Pepoli, 5, 40123 Bologna BO, Italy
Curr Med Chem 15:2472-517. 2008..The selected variants, both mutations and polymorphisms, may help in defining a next-to-come genetic assessment to be performed before drug prescription in order to improve drug safety...
- Common candidate gene variants are associated with QT interval duration in the general populationA Marjamaa
Research Program in Molecular Medicine, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Intern Med 265:448-58. 2009..As 30-40% of the QT-interval variability is heritable, we tested the association of common LQTS and NOS1AP gene variants with QT interval in a Finnish population-based sample...
- Calcium channel blockers, NOS1AP, and heart-rate-corrected QT prolongationCharlotte van Noord
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:260-6. 2009..To study whether NOS1AP single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), rs10494366 T>G and rs10918594 C>G, modify the heart-rate-corrected QT (QTc) prolonging effect of calcium channel blockers...
- Adaptive spectral doppler estimationFredrik Gran
GN ReSound A S Algorithm R and D, Ballerup, Denmark
IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control 56:700-14. 2009..The blood power spectral capon (BPC) method is based on a standard minimum variance technique adapted to account for both averaging over slow-..
- Common genetic variation near the phospholamban gene is associated with cardiac repolarisation: meta-analysis of three genome-wide association studiesIlja M Nolte
Unit of Genetic Epidemiology and Bioinformatics, Department of Epidemiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e6138. 2009..These data offer further mechanistic insights into genetic influence on the QT interval which may predispose to life threatening arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death...
- GENETICS OF DIABETES IN THE AMISHALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, this Competitive Revision will provide job opportunities and security and stimulate the economy. ..
- Effects of Neonatal MDMA on Brain and BehaviorCharles V Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2010..New data show that exposed offspring have altered expression of CAPON, PSD95, nNOS, and NMDA-NR1 (all members of the NMDA receptor complex)...
- NEUROCHEMICAL ACTIONS OF PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGSSOLOMON SNYDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..2) nNOS Associated Proteins-Focus on CAPON: CAPON is a nNOS associated protein we discovered, which may serve as a scaffold linking nNOS to other proteins...
- DEVELOPMENTAL EFFECTS OF METHAMPHETAMINE-LIKE STIMULANTSCharles Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2009..NMDA receptors by 3H-MK-801 autoradiography and receptor complex-associated immunocytochemistry for PSD95, nNOS, CAPON, Dexras1, and Synapsin I-III...
- SYNAPTIC REGULATION OF NITRIC OXIDEDavid Bredt; Fiscal Year: 2005..PDZ domain contains a conserved binding pocket that associates with the C-termini of certain proteins including CAPON and phosphofructokinase...
- Genetic Components of Autism Spectrum DisordersLinda Brzustowicz; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Genetics of Schizophrenia SusceptibilityLinda Brzustowicz; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that these methods will be of future use for finding additional susceptibility genes for schizophrenia and other complex disorders. ..
- Identification and Functional Assessment of Autism Susceptibility GenesLinda Brzustowicz; Fiscal Year: 2009..These accomplishments will lead to important translational research so that better diagnoses, treatments and preventions can be developed for ASD. ..
- Genome-Wide Screens for Autism Susceptibility LociDan Arking; Fiscal Year: 2004..These techniques should prove particularly robust for susceptibility gene identification, as they are not hindered by the current limited understanding of both gene function and regulation. ..
- 2006 Genes & Behavior ConferenceRobert Hitzemann; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe the second conference will be even more successful than the first. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Identifying & Characterizing Prodromal SchizophreniaTodd Lencz; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will provide the candidate with the knowledge and research experience necessary to apply for an R01 to expand upon this research from a neurodevelopmental perspective. ..
- MESA Family StudyWendy Post; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Identifying Molecular Subtypes of Schizophrenia: A Novel Genomic ApproachTodd Lencz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Findings will create new opportunities for diagnosis and prediction of schizophrenia, and for understanding its biology. ..