Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CAPN1
Description: calpain 1
Alias: CANP, CANP1, CANPL1, SPG76, muCANP, muCL, calpain-1 catalytic subunit, CANP 1, calcium-activated neutral proteinase 1, calpain 1, (mu/I) large subunit, calpain mu-type, calpain, large polypeptide L1, calpain-1 large subunit, cell proliferation-inducing gene 30 protein, cell proliferation-inducing protein 30, micromolar-calpain
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of a functional domain of human calpastatinT Uemori
Biotechnology Research Laboratories, Takara Shuzo Co, Ltd, Kyoto, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 166:1485-93. 1990..Peptides that contained the M-sequence and some neighboring sequences were synthesized to measure the minimum size of the inhibitory peptide, which was the M-sequence with the next six residues on the amino terminal side...
- Neurotoxicity induces cleavage of p35 to p25 by calpainM S Lee
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 405:360-4. 2000..Furthermore, inhibition of cdk5 or calpain activity reduces cell death in A beta-treated cortical neurons. These observations indicate that cleavage of p35 to p25 by calpain may be involved in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease...
- The calpain family and human diseaseY Huang
Laboratory of Neuro biochemistry, Dept of CNS Molecular Sciences, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Trends Mol Med 7:355-62. 2001..This review describes our current understanding of the calpain family members and their mechanistic linkages to the aforementioned diseases as well as other emerging pathological conditions...
- Subcellular localization and in vivo subunit interactions of ubiquitous mu-calpainShirley Gil-Parrado
Abteilung für Klinische Chemie und Klinische Biochemie, Chirurgische Klinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Nussbaumstrasse 20, D 80336 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:16336-46. 2003..We propose that intracellular localization and in particular membrane targeting of activated calpain, but not dissociation of its intact subunits, contribute to regulate its proteolytic activity in vivo...
- The calpain systemDarrell E Goll
Muscle Biology Group, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Physiol Rev 83:731-801. 2003..Deregulated calpain activity following loss of Ca2+ homeostasis results in tissue damage in response to events such as myocardial infarcts, stroke, and brain trauma...
- Calpain I induces cleavage and release of apoptosis-inducing factor from isolated mitochondriaBrian M Polster
The Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
J Biol Chem 280:6447-54. 2005..Taken together, these results define a novel mechanism of AIF release involving calpain processing and identify a potential molecular checkpoint for cytoprotective interventions...
- Platelet sarcoplasmic endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase and mu-calpain activity are altered in type 2 diabetes mellitus and restored by rosiglitazoneVoahanginirina Randriamboavonjy
Vascular Signaling Group, and Institut für Kardiovaskuläre Physiologie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 117:52-60. 2008..Platelets from patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus display hyperaggregability and increased thrombogenic potential...
- Calpain-1 cleaves and activates caspase-7Juliette Gafni
Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25441-9. 2009..Our studies suggest the calpain-activated form of caspase-7 has unique enzymatic activity, localization, and binding affinity when compared with the caspase-activated form...
- Calpain cleavage regulates the protein stability of p73Eliana Munarriz
Medical Research Council, Toxicology Unit, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 9HN, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 333:954-60. 2005..This suggests that calpains may play a physiological role in the regulation of p73 protein stability...
- Purification and characterization of calcium-activated neutral proteinase from calf thymusM Schwenk
Fachrichtung Physiologische Chemie, , Homburg Saar, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 43:679-85. 1988A calcium-activated neutral proteinase (CANP) was prepared from the soluble fraction of calf thymus and purified to electrophoretical homogeneity...
- Characterisation of capn1, capn2-like, capn3 and capn11 genes in Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus L.): Transcriptional regulation across tissues and in skeletal muscle at distinct nutritional statesDaniel J Macqueen
Scottish Oceans Institute, University of St Andrews, Fife, UK
Gene 453:45-58. 2010..Transcripts for capn1, capn2-like and capn11 were widely detected across eleven halibut tissues, whereas capn3 was detected in striated ..
- Different expression patterns of calpain isozymes 1 and 2 (CAPN1 and 2) in squamous cell carcinomas (SCC) and basal cell carcinomas (BCC) of human skinJörg Reichrath
Department of Dermatology, University of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
J Pathol 199:509-16. 2003..Two major isoenzymes are known- micro -calpain (CAPN1) and m-calpain (CAPN2)-requiring micromolar and millimolar calcium concentrations for activation, respectively...
- Production and processing studies on calpain-system gene markers for tenderness in Brahman cattle: 2. Objective meat qualityL M Cafe
Australian Cooperative Research Centre for Beef Genetic Technologies, University of New England, Armidale, New South Wales 2351, Australia
J Anim Sci 88:3059-69. 2010..Gene marker status for mu-calpain (CAPN1-4751 and CAPN1-316) was also determined for inclusion in statistical analyses...
- Bovine mu-calpain (CAPN1) gene: new SNP within intron 14Edyta Juszczuk-Kubiak
Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences, Jastrzebiec, 05 552 Wolka Kosowska, Poland
J Appl Genet 45:457-60. 2004..In this study a new single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) was found within intron 14 of the bovine CAPN1 gene, being transition C --> T at position 4685 nt (consensus sequence - GenBank No...
- Regional differences in gene expression for calcium activated neutral proteases (calpains) and their endogenous inhibitor calpastatin in mouse brain and spinal cordJ Li
Laboratory for Molecular Neuroscience, Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurobiol 30:177-91. 1996The family of calpains (CANP or calcium activated neutral proteases) and their endogenous inhibitor calpastatin have been implicated in many neural functions; however, functional distinctions between the major calpain isoforms, calpain I ..
- m-Calpain is required for preimplantation embryonic development in micePrevin Dutt
Division of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Queen s University Cancer Research Institute, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
BMC Dev Biol 6:3. 2006..These heterodimeric enzymes are composed of distinct catalytic subunits, encoded by Capn1 (mu-calpain) or Capn2 (m-calpain), and a common regulatory subunit encoded by Capn4...
- Knockdown of m-calpain increases survival of primary hippocampal neurons following NMDA excitotoxicityMatthew B Bevers
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
J Neurochem 108:1237-50. 2009..catalytic subunit of m-calpain (capn2 ) was found to be 50-fold higher than for the mu-calpain catalytic subunit (capn1) based on quantitative real-time PCR...
- Atrial natriuretic factor negatively modulates secretin intracellular signaling in the exocrine pancreasMaria E Sabbatini
Cátedras de Fisiopatología, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G349-57. 2007..ANF response was mimicked by cANP (4-23 amide) and abolished by pertussis toxin, strongly supporting NPR-C receptor activation...
- The use of parsimony network analysis for the formal delineation of phylogenetic species of yeasts: Candida apicola, Candida azyma, and Candida parazyma sp. nov., cosmopolitan yeasts associated with floricolous insectsMarc André Lachance
Department of Biology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, N6A 5B7, Canada
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 97:155-70. 2010..Two strains, MUCL 45721 and CBS 4353, were excluded from the species, but there was no evident justification to subdivide the rest...
- Stimulation of natriuretic peptide receptor C attenuates accumulation of reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide synthesis in ammonia-treated astrocytesMarta Skowronska
Department of Neurotoxicology, Mossakowski Medical Research Center, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
J Neurochem 115:1068-76. 2010..natriuretic peptide (ANP), natriuretic peptide C and a selective natriuretic peptide receptor (NPR)-C ligand, cANP((4-23),) each decreased the total ROS content both in control cells and cells treated with ammonia...
- Description of primordial germ cells, oogonia, oocytes and embryo-like growth in squash preparations of tissues from hematological malignanciesH Logothetou-Rella
Department of Experimental Physiology, Medical School, University of Athens, Greece
Histol Histopathol 11:965-84. 1996..The results are discussed in terms of stem cell renewal according to the events: primordial germ cells-gametes-fertilization-embryos-primordial germ cells...
- Effects of ethylene glycol tetraacetic acid, A23187 and calmodulin, calcium activated neutral proteinase antagonists on melatonin secretion in perifused chick pineal glandM T Agapito
Department Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain
Neurosci Lett 245:143-6. 1998..to involve the release of calcium from intracellular stores, calmodulin and calcium-activated neutral protease (CANP)...
- A putative role for calpain in demyelination associated with optic neuritisN L Banik
Department of Neurology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Histol Histopathol 14:649-56. 1999..Thus, increased activity and translational expression of calpain in optic neuritis may be integral to the pathogenesis of this disorder...
- Mycoparasitism of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi: a pathway for the entry of saprotrophic fungi into rootsNathalie De Jaeger
Earth and Life Institute, Mycology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 73:312-22. 2010..Microcosm experiments allowing interactions between Glomus sp. MUCL 41833 placed in a clade that contains the recently described species Glomus irregulare and T...
- Suppression of Pythium spp. by Trichoderma spp. during germination of tomato seeds in soilless growing mediaR Aerts
Department of Industrial Engineering and Biotechnology, Katholieke Hogeschool Kempen, Kleinhoefstraat 4, 2440 Geel, Belgium
Meded Rijksuniv Gent Fak Landbouwkd Toegep Biol Wet 67:343-51. 2002..harzianum (Tri 003) and Trichoderma sp. (KHK) and two isolates of Pythium spp.: P. ultimum (MUCL) en P. aphanidermatum (HRI, UK) were used. Propamocarb was used as a chemical standard...
- The ichq mutant mouse, a model for the human skin disorder harlequin ichthyosis: mapping, keratinocyte culture, and consideration of candidate genes involved in epidermal growth regulationMartine Dunnwald
Department of Oral Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Exp Dermatol 12:245-54. 2003..this study, we report refined mapping of the mouse ichq locus and consideration of the candidate genes: calpain 1 (Capn1), phospholipase C beta 3 (Plcb3), and Rela and Ikka/Chuk that encode components of the nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-..
- Gibberella xylarioides sensu lato from Coffea canephora: a new mating population in the Gibberella fujikuroi species complexPascale C E Lepoint
Unité de phytopathologie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Croix du Sud 2 3, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8466-71. 2005..xylarioides sensu lato constitutes a new biological species within the G. fujikuroi complex. MUCL 44532/MUCL 43887 and MUCL 35223/MUCL 44549 are proposed as G...
- Attachment of different soil bacteria to arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal extraradical hyphae is determined by hyphal vitality and fungal speciesJonas F Toljander
Department of Forest Mycology and Pathology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
FEMS Microbiol Lett 254:34-40. 2006..b>MUCL 43205 and Glomus intraradices MUCL 43194 was examined...
- Distribution of calcium-activated neutral proteinase activity in quaking mouse brain: a subcellular studyN L Banik
Department of Neurology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425
Brain Res 435:57-62. 1987The distribution of calcium-activated neutral proteinase (CANP) activity was examined in the subcellular fractions of quaking and control mouse brain...
- The candicidin gene cluster from Streptomyces griseus IMRU 3570Ana Belén Campelo
Departamento de Ecologia, Genética y Microbiología, Area de Microbiologia, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Leon, 24071 Leon, Spain
Microbiology 148:51-9. 2002..Of particular interest is the presence of the CanP1 loading domain (the first described as responsible for the activation of an aromatic starter unit) and the ..
- Anabolic effects of feeding beta2-adrenergic agonists on rainbow trout muscle proteases and proteinsMohamed Salem
Division of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 6108, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 144:145-54. 2006..RACT feeding significantly increased mRNA transcripts of the calpain catalytic subunit (Capn1), the regulatory subunit (cpns), and the calpastatin large isoform (CAST-L), without affecting the calpain enzyme ..
- The Rengen Grassland experiment: bryophytes biomass and element concentrations after 65 years of fertilizer applicationMichal Hejcman
Department of Ecology, Czech University of Life Sciences, Kamýcká 1176, 165 21, Prague 6 Suchdol, Czech Republic
Environ Monit Assess 166:653-62. 2010..in 1941, consists of the following fertilizer treatments applied under a two cut management: control, Ca, CaN, CaNP, CaNP-KCl, and CaNP-K(2)SO(4)...
- Reclassification of the Cryptococcus humicola complexM Takashima
Japan Collection of Microorganisms, RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Wako, Saitama
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 51:2199-210. 2001..Five novel species are proposed: Cryptococcus daszewskae sp. nov. (type strain CBS 5123T = JCM 11166T = MUCL 30649T), Cryptococcus fragicola sp. nov. (type strain JCM 1530TT = CBS 88981), Cryptococcus longus sp. nov...
- Coupling occurs before breakdown during biotransformation of Acid Blue 62 by white rot fungiSophie Vanhulle
Microbiology Unit, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Croix du Sud 3 boîte 6, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Chemosphere 70:1097-107. 2008..During the biotransformation of an anthraquinonic dye Acid Blue 62 (ABu62) using Pycnoporus sanguineus MUCL 41582 strain, it was previously demonstrated that the blue colour of the medium turned to red before complete dye ..
- Tandemly reiterated negative enhancer-like elements regulate transcription of a human gene for the large subunit of calcium-dependent proteaseA Hata
Department of Molecular Biology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Japan
J Biol Chem 264:6404-11. 1989Calcium-dependent protease (CANP, Calpain) is an intracellular protease involved in essential cellular functions mediated by calcium...
- Effect of single nucleotide polymorphisms of CAPN1 and CAST genes on meat traits in Nellore beef cattle (Bos indicus) and in their crosses with Bos taurusR A Curi
Departamento de Melhoramento e Nutrição Animal, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, SP 18618 000, Brazil
Anim Genet 40:456-62. 2009..of this work were to study the segregation of single nucleotide polymorphisms of the calpain 1, large subunit (CAPN1) and calpastatin (CAST) genes in Nellore (Bos indicus) and Nellore xBos taurus beef cattle, as well as to evaluate ..
- Identification and molecular characterization of the rainbow trout calpains (Capn1 and Capn2): their expression in muscle wasting during starvationMohamed Salem
Division of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 6108, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 140:63-71. 2005..The cDNA sequence for Capn1 encodes a protein of 704 amino acids with a calculated molecular mass of 79.9 kDa...
- Effects of dimethyl sulphoxide and dexamethasone on mRNA expression of myogenesis- and muscle proteolytic system-related genes in mouse myoblastic C2C12 cellsMasuhiro Nishimura
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc, Naruto, Tokushima 772 8601, Japan
J Biochem 144:717-24. 2008..Myogenin (Myog), Atrogin1, forkhead box O1 (Foxo1) and Capn1 mRNA levels increased in C2C12 cells differentiating from myoblasts to myotubes, whereas Myf5 mRNA levels ..
- Functional receptors for atrial natriuretic peptide in the rat mammary gland during lactationK Cvek
Department of Animal Physiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala
Endocrinology 139:2615-21. 1998..C-type natriuretic peptide and cANP(4-23) revealed limited competition with radiolabeled ANP only during early lactation, indicating a more ..
- Identification and characterization of two novel calpain large subunit genesT N Dear
Department of Developmental Immunology, Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Gene 274:245-52. 2001..b>CAPN1 and CAPN2, the most well characterized calpains, consist of a large (80 kDa) and a small (30 kDa) subunit...
- Characterization of a Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii high molecular weight secreted killer toxin with broad-spectrum antimicrobial activityCyril Guyard
Département de Microbiologie des Ecosystèmes, IFR17, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue Calmette, BP 245, 59019 Lille, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 49:961-71. 2002Williopsis saturnus var. mrakii MUCL 41968 secretes a killer toxin (WmKT), which is active against a wide range of pathogens. From the W. saturnus var...
- Cytokines in sural nerve biopsies from inflammatory and non-inflammatory neuropathiesThies Lindenlaub
, Josef Schneider Strasse 11, 97080, , Germany
Acta Neuropathol 105:593-602. 2003..VANP), chronic inflammatory demyelinating neuropathy (CIDP), non-inflammatory chronic axonal neuropathy (CANP), and 3 controls. Overall cytokine immunoreactivity was highest in VANP, less strong in CIDP and lowest in CANP...
- Ogataea cecidiorum sp. nov., a methanol-assimilating yeast isolated from galls on willow leavesAnna M Glushakova
Faculty of Soil Science, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Leninskie Gory 1, Moscow, Russia 119991
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 98:93-101. 2010..describe it as Ogataea cecidiorum and designate type culture KBP Y-3846 (= CBS 11522(T) = VKM Y-2982(T) = VKPM Y-3482(T) = MUCL 52544(T) = NCAIM Y.01965(T)) as the type strain. The new species was registered in MycoBank under MB 515233.
- Association of CAPN1 316, CAPN1 4751 and TG5 markers with bovine meat quality traits in MexicoC A Bonilla
Laboratorio de Ciencia de la Carne, Secretaría de Producción Animal, Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico
Genet Mol Res 9:2395-405. 2010We examined allele and genotype frequencies for the molecular markers CAPN1 316, CAPN1 4751 and TG5, and determined whether they are associated with beef quality traits in Mexican cattle...
- The crystal structures of human calpains 1 and 9 imply diverse mechanisms of action and auto-inhibitionTara L Davis
Structural Genomics Consortium and the Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, 100 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1L5
J Mol Biol 366:216-29. 2007....
- The calpain system as a modulator of stress/damage responseFrancesca Demarchi
Laboratorio Nazionale Consorzio Interuniversitario Biotecnologie, Area Science Park, Trieste, Italy
Cell Cycle 6:136-8. 2007Ubiquitously expressed mu- and m-calpain proteases consist of 80-kDa catalytic subunits encoded by the Capn1 and Capn2 genes, respectively, and a common 28-kDa regulatory subunit encoded by the calpain small 1 (Capns1) gene...
- Calpain-dependent cleavage of SHP-1 and SHP-2 is involved in the dephosphorylation of Jurkat T cells induced by Entamoeba histolyticaK A Kim
Department of Environmental Medical Biology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, and Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Parasite Immunol 32:176-83. 2010..These results suggest that calpain-dependent cleavage of SHP-1 and SHP-2 may contribute to protein tyrosine dephosphorylation in Jurkat T cell death induced by E. histolytica...
- Advanced glycation end-products induce calpain-mediated degradation of ezrinElizabeth Anne McRobert
Department of Medicine, Monash University, Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Vic, Australia
FEBS J 279:3240-50. 2012..Therapies targeting both glycated proteins and calpain may provide protection against diabetic complications...
- Genetic and management factors affecting beef quality in grazing Hereford steersL M Melucci
Area de Investigación en Producción Animal, Estacion Experimental Agropecuaria Balcarce, Instituto Nacional de Tecnologia Agropecuaria, Ruta Nac 226 km 73 5, 7620 Balcarce, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Meat Sci 92:768-74. 2012..Molecular markers were CAPN1 316 and an SNP in exon 2 on the leptin gene (E2FB)...
- Significant role of μ-calpain (CANP1) in proliferation/survival of bovine skeletal muscle satellite cellsHoa Van Ba
Department of Animal Science and Biotechnology, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, 561 756, Republic of Korea
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 49:785-97. 2013..a family of Ca(2+)-dependent intracellular cysteine proteases, including the ubiquitously expressed μ-calpain (CANP1) and m-calpain (CANP2)...
- Mutations in CAPN1 Cause Autosomal-Recessive Hereditary Spastic ParaplegiaZiv Gan-Or
Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada Department of Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 0G4, Canada Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 0G4, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 98:1038-46. 2016..in additional family members confirmed the segregation of these mutations with the disease (spastic paraplegia 76 [SPG76]). CAPN1 encodes calpain 1, a protease that is widely present in the CNS...
- Calcium-dependent signaling pathways in T cells. Potential role of calpain, protein tyrosine phosphatase 1b, and p130Cas in integrin-mediated signaling eventsM T Rock
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0084, USA
J Biol Chem 272:33377-83. 1997..Thus, we describe a novel calcium-dependent signaling pathway in T cells that may mediate signals generated by beta1 integrin adherence to the extracellular matrix...
- CAPN11: A calpain with high mRNA levels in testis and located on chromosome 6T N Dear
Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, Freiburg, D 79108, Germany
Genomics 59:243-7. 1999..Phylogenetic analysis suggests that, in mammals, the predicted CAPN11 protein is most closely related to CAPN1 and CAPN2...
- A tanks-in-series bioreactor to simulate macromolecule-laden wastewater pretreatment under sewer conditions by Aspergillus nigerLacina Coulibaly
Unit of Bioengineering, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
Water Res 36:3941-8. 2002..was built using a tanks-in-series design and the degradation of a polysaccharide (starch) by Aspergillus niger MUCL 28817 was studied...
- A clinical, genetic and candidate gene study of Silver syndrome, a complicated form of hereditary spastic paraplegiaThomas T Warner
Dept of Clinical Neurosciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
J Neurol 251:1068-74. 2004..Mutation analysis of genes encoding calpain 1 ( CAPN1), copper chaperone for superoxide dismutase ( CCS), ADP ribosylation factor-like 2 ( ARL2), LOC120664, a putative ..
- Ubiquitous calpains promote caspase-12 and JNK activation during endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosisYinfei Tan
Division of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Queen s University Cancer Research Institute, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:16016-24. 2006..They consist of 80-kDa catalytic subunits encoded by the capn1 and capn2 genes, respectively, and a common 28-kDa regulatory subunit encoded by the capn4 gene...
- Dendroaspis natriuretic peptide binds to the natriuretic peptide clearance receptorDouglas G Johns
Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Department, Cardiovascular and Urogenital Center for Excellence in Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358:145-9. 2007..ANP, BNP, CNP, and the NPR-C ligands AP-811 and cANP(4-23) displaced [(125)I]-ANP from NPR-C with pM-to-nM K(i) values...
- [The mutation site analysis on CAPN1 gene of Wild boar, Min pig and Yorkshire]Xiu Qin Yang
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin 150030, China
Yi Chuan 29:581-6. 2007In order to further evaluate the relationship between the variations of CAPN1 gene and meat tenderness, the CAPN1 genomic sequences were cloned and sequenced, its CDS was analyzed with PCR-SSCP, and the genotype analyses covered 109 ..
- Muscle contribution to elbow joint valgus stabilityFang Lin
Department of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 16:795-802. 2007..stress of the elbow can result in excessive strain or rupture of the native medial ulnar collateral ligament (MUCL)...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in CAPN1 associated with marbling score in Korean cattleHyun Sub Cheong
Department of Genetic Epidemiology, SNP Genetics, Inc, Rm 1407, Complex B, WooLim Lion s Valley, 371 28, Gasan Dong, Geumcheon gu, Seoul, 153 803, Korea
BMC Genet 9:33. 2008..In this study, we examined the association between genetic polymorphisms of the micromolar calcium-activated neutral protease gene (micro-calpain, CAPN1) and carcass traits in Korean cattle (also known as Hanwoo).
- Activation of protease calpain by oxidized and glycated LDL increases the degradation of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseYunzhou Dong
Harold Hamm Oklahoma Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:2899-910. 2009..HOG-LDL may impair endothelial function by inducing calpain-mediated eNOS degradation in a ROS- and Ca(2+)-dependent manner...
- 15-Deoxy-Delta(12,14)-prostaglandin-J(2) reveals a new pVHL-independent, lysosomal-dependent mechanism of HIF-1alpha degradationGemma Olmos
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Alcala, 28471, Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Cell Mol Life Sci 66:2167-80. 2009..Therefore, expression of HIF-1alpha is also modulated by lysosomal degradation...
- P73 regulates cisplatin-induced apoptosis in ovarian cancer cells via a calcium/calpain-dependent mechanismS Al-Bahlani
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 30:4219-30. 2011..Understanding the cellular and molecular mechanisms of chemoresistance will direct the development of effective strategies for the treatment of chemoresistant OVCA...
- Yeast communities in Sphagnum phyllosphere along the temperature-moisture ecocline in the boreal forest-swamp ecosystem and description of Candida sphagnicola sp. novAleksey V Kachalkin
Faculty of Soil Science, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Leninskie Gory, 119991, Moscow, Russia
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 102:29-43. 2012..We describe one of them as Candida sphagnicola and designate KBP Y-3887(T) (=CBS 11774(T) = VKPM Y-3566(T) = MUCL 53590(T)) as the type strain. The new species was registered in MycoBank under MB 563443.
- Evidence supporting the role of calpain in the α-processing of amyloid-β precursor proteinHuey T Nguyen
Aging Research Laboratory, Bay Pines VA Medical Center, Bay Pines, FL 33744, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 420:530-5. 2012..This model is discussed with an interesting fact that three other deposited proteins (tau, spectrin and crystalline) are also the known substrates of calpain. Finally we discuss some current misconceptions in senile dementia research...
- Targeted suppression of μ-calpain and caspase 9 expression and its effect on caspase 3 and caspase 7 in satellite cells of Korean Hanwoo cattleYou Bing Yang
Department of Animal Science and Institute of Rare Earth for Biological Applications, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, 561756, Korea
Cell Biol Int 36:843-9. 2012..There was reduction of 16 and 24% in CAPN1 (calpain1)-siRNA2 and CAPN1-siRNA3 transfected cells respectively, whereas it was 60 and 56% in CAPN1-siRNA1 and ..
- Genetic polymorphism of the CAPN1 gene is associated with meat quality traits in Japanese quailZ Rasouli
Department of Animal Science, Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Golestan, Iran
Br Poult Sci 54:171-5. 20131. The objective of the study was to investigate the polymorphisms in two regions of the calpain 1 (CAPN1) gene and their association with breast and thigh meat quality in Japanese quail (ultimate pH (pHu), lightness, redness, yellowness,..
- Effects of genetic variants for the bovine calpain gene on meat tendernessHoyoung Chung
Animal Genomics and Bioinformatics Division, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA, Suwon, 441 701, South Korea
Mol Biol Rep 41:2963-70. 2014The objective of this study was to determine whether the genetic variants of CAPN1 developed in several cattle populations can be applied for Hanwoo, regarding genetic effects on meat traits...
- New elements in the C-type natriuretic peptide signaling pathway inhibiting swine in vitro oocyte meiotic resumptionNicolas Santiquet
Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Departement des Sciences Animales, Faculté des sciences de l agriculture et de l alimentation, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Biol Reprod 91:16. 2014..We also found that an NPR-C-specific agonist (cANP([4-23])) is likely to play a role in maintaining meiotic arrest during porcine IVM when in the presence of a ..
- The effects of medial ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction on Major League pitching performanceRobert A Keller
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA Electronic address
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 23:1591-8. 2014Medial ulnar collateral ligament (MUCL) reconstruction is commonly performed on Major League Baseball (MLB) pitchers...
- CAPN1, CAST, and DGAT1 genetic effects on preweaning performance, carcass quality traits, and residual variance of tenderness in a beef cattle population selected for haplotype and allele equalizationR G Tait
USDA, ARS, U S Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, NE 68933 0166
J Anim Sci 92:5382-93. 2014..Three haplotypes within μ-calpain (CAPN1), a SNP in calpastatin (CAST), and a dinucleotide substitution in diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) were ..
- Identification of genome-wide selection signatures in the Limousin beef cattle breedA Gurgul
Laboratory of Genomics, Department of Animal Genomics and Molecular Biology, National Research Institute of Animal Production, Balice, Poland
J Anim Breed Genet 133:264-76. 2016..alia with skeletal muscle growth (GDF15, BMP7, BMP4 and TGFB3) or postmortem proteolysis and meat maturation (CAPN1 and CAPN5) were annotated...
- Deleting both PHLPP1 and CANP1 rescues impairments in long-term potentiation and learning in both single knockout miceYan Liu
Graduate College of Biomedical Sciences, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, California 91766, USA
Learn Mem 23:399-404. 2016Calpain-1 (CANP1) has been shown to play a critical role in synaptic plasticity and learning and memory, as its deletion in mice results in impairment in theta-burst stimulation- (TBS) induced LTP and various forms of learning and memory...
- Regulation of Dopamine Uptake by Vasoactive Peptides in the KidneyN L Rukavina Mikusic
Instituto de Investigaciones Cardiológicas ININCA, UBA CONICET, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, UBA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Scientifica (Cairo) 2016:6302376. 2016..Both anantin and cANP (4-23-amide) did not modify CNP effects on (3)H-dopamine uptake by tubular cells...
- Identification of a third ubiquitous calpain species--chicken muscle expresses four distinct calpainsH Sorimachi
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1261:381-93. 1995..Northern blot analyses revealed that chicken mCL and muCL, as well as mu/mCL, show ubiquitous expression, while p94 was detected predominantly in skeletal muscle, as ..
- Calpain is a signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) 3 and STAT5 proteaseAtsushi Oda
Laboratory of Environmental Biology, Department of Preventive Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Blood 99:1850-2. 2002..Thus, our study reveals a novel pathway for posttranslational modification of STAT3 and STAT5...
- Three new combinations from the Cryptococcus laurentii complex: Cryptococcus aureus, Cryptococcus carnescens and Cryptococcus peneausMasako Takashima
Japan Collection of Microorganisms, RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:1187-94. 2003..The type strain of C. laurentii (CBS 139T=ATCC 18803T=JCM 9066T=MUCL 30398T=NRRL Y-2536T) was in phylogenetic group I...
- In vitro assessment of the influence of nutrition and temperature on growing rates of five Duddingtonia flagrans isolates, their insecticidal properties and ability to impair Heligmosomoides polygyrus motilityMieczysława I Boguś
Institute of Parasitology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 00 818 Warszawa, ul Twarda 51 55, Poland
Exp Parasitol 109:115-23. 2005..of two temperature regimes (20 and 30 degrees C) on the growing rates of five Duddingtonia flagrans isolates (MUCL 28429, CBS 143.83, CBS 561.92, CBS 565.50, and CBS 583...
- Natriuretic peptides cause relaxation of human and guinea-pig gallbladder muscle through interaction with natriuretic peptide receptor-BMing Che Lee
Department of Surgery and Graduate Institute of Medicine, Taiwan
Regul Pept 129:31-6. 2005..CNP), brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and ANP, as well as des[Gln18, Ser19, Gly20, Leu21, Gly22]ANP(4-23) amide (cANP(4-23)), a selective natriuretic peptide receptor-C (NPR-C) agonist...
- Role of NPR-C natriuretic receptor in nitric oxide system activation induced by atrial natriuretic peptideMaría Angeles Costa
Catedra de Fisiologia, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, IQUIMEFA CONICET, Junin 956, Piso 7, 1113 Capital Federal, Argentina
Regul Pept 135:63-8. 2006..ANP and cANP (4-23), a selective NPR-C ligand, increased NOS activity in all tissues...
- Lunularia cruciata, a potential in vitro host for Glomus proliferum and G. intraradicesHenrique M A C Fonseca
Centre of Cellular Biology, Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, 3810 193, Aveiro, Portugal
Mycorrhiza 16:503-8. 2006..Dumortier ex. Lindberg developed in vitro monoxenic mycothalli with both Glomus proliferum Dalpé & Declerck (MUCL 41827) and Glomus intraradices Schenck & Smith (MUCL 43204)...
- Double knockouts reveal that protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B is a physiological target of calpain-1 in plateletsShafi M Kuchay
Department of Pharmacology, UIC Cancer Center, University of Illinois at Chicago, 909 South Wolcott Avenue, Room 5097, Chicago, IL 60612 3725, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:6038-52. 2007..Here, we report that calpain-1 null (Capn1-/-) platelets accumulate protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B), which correlates with enhanced tyrosine ..
- Effect of culturing processes and copper addition on laccase production by the white-rot fungus Fomes fomentarius MUCL 35117M Neifar
Unité enzymes et bioconversion, Ecole Nationale d Ingenieurs de Sfax, Sfax, Tunisia
Lett Appl Microbiol 49:73-8. 2009..To produce high laccase activities from the white-rot fungus Fomes fomentarius...
- Calpain-mediated activation of NO synthase in human neuroblastoma SK-N-BE cellsMonica Averna
Department of Experimental Medicine DIMES, Biochemistry Section, and Centre of Excellence for Biomedical Research CEBR, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Neurochem 110:412-21. 2009..Thus, the formation of clusters containing HSP90, mu-calpain, nNOS and NMDA-R represents the limiting step for the operation of the mechanism that links an efficient synthesis of NO to a local increase in Ca(2+) influx...
- Association of selected SNP with carcass and taste panel assessed meat quality traits in a commercial population of Aberdeen Angus-sired beef cattleJennifer L Gill
The Roslin Institute and Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, The University of Edinburgh, Roslin Biocentre, Roslin, Midlothian, UK
Genet Sel Evol 41:36. 2009..The eight SNP, which were located within five genes: mu-calpain (CAPN1), calpastatin (CAST), leptin (LEP), growth hormone receptor (GHR) and acylCoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (..
- Control of basal autophagy by calpain1 mediated cleavage of ATG5Hong Guang Xia
State Key Laboratory of Bioorganic and Natural Products Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Autophagy 6:61-6. 2010..We conclude that calpain1 plays an important role in controlling the levels of autophagy in normal living cells by regulating the levels of a key signaling molecule, ATG12-ATG5 conjugate...
- Synthesis of N-alkyl-beta-D-glucosylamines and their antimicrobial activity against Fusarium proliferatum, Salmonella typhimurium, and Listeria innocuaT Muhizi
UMR 5103 US2B, Unité des Sciences du Bois et des Biopolymères, Universite Bordeaux 1, INRA, CNRS, Talence, France
J Agric Food Chem 57:11092-9. 2009..were evaluated for both antifungal and antibacterial activity against Fusarium proliferatum (INRA, MUCL 1807.7), Listeria innocua (ISTAB, Université Bordeaux 1), and Salmonella typhimurium (Institut Pasteur 5858)...
- Impact of multispores in vitro subcultivation of Glomus sp. MUCL 43194 (DAOM 197198) on vegetative compatibility and genetic diversity detected by AFLPAntonio Cárdenas-Flores
Unite de Microbiologie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Mycorrhiza 20:415-25. 2010..multispores clonal lineages, issued from the same ancestor culture of the arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal strain MUCL 43194 and subcultured several generations in different locations, was assessed...
- Evaluation of biochemical parameters and genetic markers for association with meat tenderness in South African feedlot cattleL Frylinck
Agricultural Research Council of South Africa, Private Bag X2, Irene 0062, South Africa
Meat Sci 83:657-65. 2009..sample size was too small to accurately estimate genotypic effects of previously published markers in the CAST and CAPN1 genes, but the allele frequencies suggest that only modest progress would be possible in these South African ..
- Calpain activity is increased in skeletal muscle from gastric cancer patients with no or minimal weight lossIra J Smith
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Muscle Nerve 43:410-4. 2011..Calpain activity may be increased in muscle from gastric cancer patients even before changes in molecular markers of muscle wasting and significant weight loss occur...
- Calpain-mediated tau cleavage: a mechanism leading to neurodegeneration shared by multiple tauopathiesAdriana Ferreira
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mol Med 17:676-85. 2011..Collectively, these data suggest that the mechanism underlying the generation of the 17-kDa neurotoxic tau fragment might be part of a conserved pathologic process shared by multiple tauopathies...
- The sterol biosynthesis inhibitor molecule fenhexamid impacts the vegetative compatibility of Glomus clarumAntonio Cárdenas-Flores
Earth and Life Institute, Mycology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Place Croix du Sud 3, 1348, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Mycorrhiza 21:443-9. 2011The vegetative compatibility of the arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus (AMF) Glomus clarum MUCL 46238 was evaluated after continuous exposure to fenhexamid, a sterol biosynthesis inhibitor (SBI)...
- Tissue-specific roles of Axin2 in the inhibition and activation of Wnt signaling in the mouse embryoLihui Qian
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8692-7. 2011..Although Axin2 null mice are viable, we identified an unusual ENU-induced recessive allele of Axin2, canp, that causes midgestation lethality in homozygotes...
- Transcriptional regulation of defence genes and involvement of the WRKY transcription factor in arbuscular mycorrhizal potato root colonizationAdrien Gallou
Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Earth and Life Institute, Mycology, Place croix du Sud 2 bte L7 05 06, 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Funct Integr Genomics 12:183-98. 2012..b>mucl 41833...
- Abundance of calpain and aggrecan-cleavage products of calpain in degenerated human intervertebral discsS Fukuta
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu City, Gifu, Japan
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 19:1254-62. 2011..To assess the expression of calpains and calpain-induced aggrecan fragmentation in early and advanced stages of degeneration of human intervertebral discs (IVDs)...
- Haplotype analysis improved evidence for candidate genes for intramuscular fat percentage from a genome wide association study of cattleWilliam Barendse
Cooperative Research Centre for Beef Genetic Technologies, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e29601. 2011..effects for the genes ADIPOQ and CXCR4, as well as suggestive associations to the genes CEBPA, FASN, and CAPN1. Haplotypes for these genes explained 80% more of the phenotypic variance compared to the best single SNP...
- Long-term results after ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction of the elbow in European athletes with interference screw technique and triceps fascia autograftIzaäk F Kodde
Department of Orthopaedics, Upper Limp Unit, Amphia Hospital, Breda, The Netherlands
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 21:1656-63. 2012In the last decade, there has been increasing interest in medial ulnar collateral ligament (MUCL) reconstruction techniques for MUCL insufficiency of the elbow...
- ENaC is regulated by natriuretic peptide receptor-dependent cGMP signalingLai jing Guo
Department of Physiology, Emory University School of Medicine and the Center for Cell and Molecular Signaling, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 304:F930-7. 2013..that atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) or 8-(4-chlorophenylthio)-cGMP, but not C-type natriuretic peptide or cANP, decreased the open probability of ENaC...
- HER2 regulates Brk/PTK6 stability via upregulating calpastatin, an inhibitor of calpainMidan Ai
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cell Signal 25:1754-61. 2013..Together, these data offer novel mechanistic insights into the functional relationship between Brk and HER2. ..
- Efficient expression and purification of recombinant human μ-calpain using an Escherichia coli expression systemShoji Hata
Calpain Project, Department of Advanced Science for Biomolecules, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, 2 1 6 Kami kitazawa, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo, 156 8506, Japan
Genes Cells 18:753-63. 2013..They are ubiquitously expressed and form heterodimers consisting of a distinct 80-kDa catalytic subunit (CAPN1 for μ-calpain and CAPN2 for m-calpain) and a common 30-kDa regulatory subunit (CAPNS1)...
- Cryopreservation of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi from root organ and plant culturesIsmahen Lalaymia
Earth and Life Institute, Applied Microbiology, Mycology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Croix du Sud 2, bte L7 05 06, 1348, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Mycorrhiza 24:233-7. 2014..With the exception of Gigaspora sp. MUCL 52331 and Septoglomus constrictus PER 7...
- CALPAINS AND AGING AND AD PATHOGENESISEmil Adamec; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- EPIDERMAL GROWTH FACTOR & MEMBRANE PHOSPHORYLATIONLloyd King; Fiscal Year: 1992..The in situ degradation of native EGF-R to the 150 kDa form will be studied to see if calpain (CANP) degradation is physiologically relevant in differentiation...
- CLINICAL TRIALS WITH A POLYVALENT BREAST CANCER VACCINEPhilip Livingston; Fiscal Year: 1999..We have completed accrual to a pilot trial with a MUCl-KLH plus QS21 vaccine in patients with breast cancer and recently initiated a pilot trial with an sTn(c )-KLH ..
- NO synthase and NO-mediated signaling in plant defenseDaniel Klessig; Fiscal Year: 2006..recently obtained a highly purified tobacco NOS-like activity, cloned the corresponding gene from Arabidopsis (canP), and demonstrated that its encoded protein (a variant P subunit of glycine decarboxylase) has NO synthesizing ..
- TOXICOLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF CA2+-ACTIVATED PROTEOLYSISJOHN BABSON; Fiscal Year: 1992..Three sources of intracellular proteolysis may be affected by increased Ca2+: 1) Ca2+-activated neutral proteases (CANP), 2) increased lysosomal autophagy and 3) lysis of the lysosomal membrane and the subsequent release of lysosomal ..
- HUMAN BRAIN PROTEOLYSIS IN AGING & ALZHEIMER'S DISEASERalph Nixon; Fiscal Year: 1992..developed methods to purify the four major proteinases from human brain (Ca++-activated neural proteinase(s) [CANP]; cathepsins D and B; and Ca++- independent neutral proteinases), we will seek age- and AD-related abnormalities in ..
- SCOR: CFTR IN AIRWAY CELL FUNCTIONRAYMOND FRIZZELL; Fiscal Year: 2004..This project will define the expression, maturation and cellular distribution of MUCl in human airway epithelial and determine how the post-translational processing of MUC1 is influenced by CFTR ..
- Molecular Mechanims of the Menin Tumor Suppressor GeneMark Sawicki; Fiscal Year: 2004..2. Characterize the function of menin as a DDKI (Dbf4 dependent kinase inhibitor). 3. Identify physiological factors and their underlying molecular mechanisms important for modulating menin DDKI function...
- ESTROGEN EFFICACY IN SPINAL CORD INJURYNaren Banik; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding estrogen's mechanisms in cell protection and recovery as it relates to multidestructive pathways will establish it as a viable SCI treatment agent. ..
- THE ROLE OF AGRIN IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF CENTRAL NEURONSAdriana Ferreira; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Attenuation of Axonal Damage and Neuronal Death in EAENaren L Banik; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- CALPAIN IN THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF DEMYELINATING DISEASENaren Banik; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Imaging Calpain/Bioenergetic Interactions in Neuronal ExcitotoxicityBRIAN POLSTER; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will provide a strong foundation and powerful tools for the detailed investigation of cellular mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration. ..
- CALPAIN ACTIVATION OF T CELLS IN DEMYELINATING DISEASENaren Banik; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the mechanisms may help develop therapeutic strategies (e.g., calpain as a target) for treatment of MS. ..
- Novel Tau-mediated Neurodegeneration MechanismsADRIANA B FERREIRA; Fiscal Year: 2010..The data obtained could provide useful for the diagnosis, prevention, and eventually the treatment of AD and other tauopathies. ..
- Regulation of anti- & pro-apoptotic functions of BADBRIAN POLSTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Affinity-purification and yeast-two-hybrid screening will be used to search for novel BAD regulatory proteins that are differentially expressed during development. ..