Gene Symbol: CALR3
Description: calreticulin 3
Alias: CMH19, CRT2, CT93, calreticulin-3, calreticulin-2, calsperin, cancer/testis antigen 93, testis secretory sperm-binding protein Li 226n
- Systematic deletion of the ER lectin chaperone genes reveals their roles in vegetative growth and male gametophyte development in ArabidopsisKien Van Vu
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Bioenergy Research Institute, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Plant J . 2016..The Arabidopsis genome has two CNX (CNX1 and CNX2) and three CRT homologs (CRT1, CRT2, and CRT3)...
- Lack of ADAM2, CALR3 and SAGE1 Cancer/Testis Antigen Expression in Lung and Breast CancerEmeaga Maheswaran
Department of Cancer and Inflammation Research, Institute for Molecular Medicine IMM, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
PLoS ONE 10:e0134967. 2015..In this study, we investigated the expression of the cancer/testis antigens ADAM2, CALR3 and SAGE1 in lung and breast cancer, the two most frequent human cancers, with the purpose of providing novel ..
- Molecular characterisation and expression analysis of a novel calreticulin (CRT) gene in the dinoflagellate Prorocentrum minimumThangaraj Ponmani
Department of Life Science, College of Natural Sciences, Sangmyung University, Seoul, 110 743, Korea
Mol Biol Rep 42:681-8. 2015..Here, we characterised a novel calreticulin (CRT2) gene in the dinoflagellate Prorocentrum minimum, which codes for a calcium binding protein and examined its ..
- Molecular cloning and transcriptional activity of a new Petunia calreticulin gene involved in pistil transmitting tract maturation, progamic phase, and double fertilizationRobert Lenartowski
Laboratory of Isotope and Instrumental Analysis, Faculty of Biology and Environment Protection, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
Planta 239:437-54. 2014..with other known plant CRTs, and phylogenetic analysis indicates that the PhCRT cDNA clone belongs to the CRT1/CRT2 subclass...
- Metabolic syndrome and acute hyperglycemia are associated with endoplasmic reticulum stress in human mononuclear cellsAndrew T Sage
Thrombosis and Atherosclerosis Research Institute, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:748-55. 2012..These findings suggest that there is an association between both acute and chronic dysglycemia and ER stress in humans...
- The cataract and glucosuria associated monocarboxylate transporter MCT12 is a new creatine transporterJeannette Abplanalp
Institute of Medical Molecular Genetics, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Hum Mol Genet 22:3218-26. 2013..Here, we identified a second creatine transporter (CRT2) known as monocarboxylate transporter 12 (MCT12), encoded by the cataract and glucosuria associated gene SLC16A12...
- A conserved basic residue cluster is essential for the protein quality control function of the Arabidopsis calreticulin 3Yidan Liu
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI USA
Plant Signal Behav 8:e23864. 2013..Many plants contain more than two CRTs that form two distinct groups: CRT1/CRT2 and CRT3...
- Mice expressing aberrant sperm-specific protein PMIS2 produce normal-looking but fertilization-incompetent spermatozoaRyo Yamaguchi
Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 23:2671-9. 2012Eight kinds of gene-disrupted mice (Clgn, Calr3, Pdilt, Tpst2, Ace, Adam1a, Adam2, and Adam3) show impaired sperm transition into the oviducts and defective sperm binding to the zona pellucida...
- Beyond the cardiac myofilament: hypertrophic cardiomyopathy- associated mutations in genes that encode calcium-handling proteinsA P Landstrom
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Curr Mol Med 12:507-18. 2012..In addition, mutations in RYR2-encoded ryanodine receptor 2, CASQ2-encoded calsequestrin 2, CALR3-encoded calreticulin 3, and SRI-encoded sorcin have been associated with HCM, although more studies are required to validate initial ..
- Protein disulfide isomerase homolog PDILT is required for quality control of sperm membrane protein ADAM3 and male fertility [corrected]Keizo Tokuhiro
Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3850-5. 2012..protein disulfide isomerase homolog (PDILT) cooperates with the testis-specific calreticulin-like chaperone, calsperin (CALR3), in the endoplasmic reticulum and plays an indispensable role in the disulfide-bond formation and ..
- A dual regulatory role of Arabidopsis calreticulin-2 in plant innate immunityYongjian Qiu
Department of Horticulture, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6414, USA
Plant J 69:489-500. 2012..Higher plants contain two distinct groups of CRTs: CRT1/CRT2 and CRT3 isoforms...
- Toward a description of the sialome of the adult female mosquito Aedes aegyptiJ G Valenzuela
Medical Entomology Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 4 Center Drive, Room 4 126, Bethesda, MD 20892 0425, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 32:1101-22. 2002..The possible role of these proteins in blood and sugar feeding by the mosquito is discussed...
- Cloning and sequencing of a cDNA encoding a novel member of the human brain GABA/noradrenaline neurotransmitter transporter familyL F Barnwell
Department of Physiology, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Gene 159:287-8. 1995..One identical to the published creatine transporter cDNA sequence (CRT1) and another (CRT2) with four segments of oligodeoxyribonucleotide substitution or addition in different sites of the CRT1 coding ..
- A de novo 1.1Mb microdeletion of chromosome 19p13.11 provides indirect evidence for EPS15L1 to be a strong candidate for split hand split foot malformationSusanne Bens
Institute of Human Genetics, Christian Albrechts University Kiel and University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
Eur J Med Genet 54:e501-4. 2011..is that in the previously described patient but not in the patient reported herein the genes EPS15L1 and CALR3 were deleted...
- Calreticulin-2 is localized in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum but is not a Ca2+ -binding proteinRyuji Nomura
Department of Anatomy I, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, 470 1192, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 135:531-8. 2011....
- Calsperin is a testis-specific chaperone required for sperm fertilityMasahito Ikawa
Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:5639-46. 2011..In the testis, calmegin (CLGN) and calsperin (CALR3) are expressed as germ cell-specific counterparts of CANX and CALR, respectively...
- Mechanisms of fertilization--a view from the study of gene-manipulated miceYuko Muro
Genome Information Research Center, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Androl 32:218-25. 2011..We have disrupted a new testis-specific molecular chaperone, calsperin (Calr3), which became the sixth gene sharing the same infertile phenotype...
- Transcriptional control of the calreticulin gene in health and diseaseYuanyuan Qiu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:531-8. 2009..Understanding the mechanisms responsible for the regulation of expression of calreticulin may contribute to the treatment of many diverse diseases...
- Identification, characterization and cloning of SLC6A8C, a novel splice variant of the creatine transporter geneCristina Martínez-Muñoz
VU University Medical Center, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Metabolic Unit, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gene 418:53-9. 2008..Our goal was to characterize CRT2 (SLC6A8B), a published splice variant of the creatine transporter...
- Identification of a novel cancer-testis antigen CRT2 frequently expressed in various cancers using representational differential analysisEmiko Hayashi
Division of Cellular Signaling, Institute for Advanced Medical Research, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 13:6267-74. 2007..Identification of additional cancer-testis antigens with frequent expression in various cancers was attempted using representational differential analysis (RDA) and immunogenicity evaluation...
- Genetic screening of calcium regulation genes in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathyChristine Chiu
Agnes Ginges Centre for Molecular Cardiology, Centenary Institute, Sydney Australia
J Mol Cell Cardiol 43:337-43. 2007..sorcin (SRI), calstabin (FKBP1B), calsequestrin (CASQ2), phospholamban (PLN), sarcolipin (SLN), calreticulin (CALR3) and calmodulin (CALM)...
- Phylogenetic analyses and expression studies reveal two distinct groups of calreticulin isoforms in higher plantsStaffan Persson
Department of Plant Biochemistry, Lund University, 22100 Lund, Sweden
Plant Physiol 133:1385-96. 2003..Phylogenetic studies and expression analysis show that higher plants contain two distinct groups of CRTs: a CRT1/CRT2 group and a CRT3 group...
- Identification of a novel calreticulin isoform (Crt2) in human and mouseStaffan Persson
Department of Plant Biochemistry, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, P O Box 124, SE 22100, Lund, Sweden
Gene 297:151-8. 2002..Here we report a novel calreticulin isoform (Crt2) in human and mouse, with 53 (human) and 49% (mouse) identity to the previously identified calreticulin in ..