Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: C21orf80
Description: protein O-fucosyltransferase 2
Alias: C21orf80, FUT13, GDP-fucose protein O-fucosyltransferase 2, O-FucT-2, peptide-O-fucosyltransferase 2
- Altered fucosyltransferase expression in the superior temporal gyrus of elderly patients with schizophreniaToni M Mueller
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA Electronic address
Schizophr Res . 2016..Dysregulated FUT8 and POFUT2 expression could potentially explain a variety of molecular abnormalities in schizophrenia...
- Protein O-fucosyltransferase 2 adds O-fucose to thrombospondin type 1 repeatsYi Luo
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Institute for Cell and Developmental Biology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 5215, USA
J Biol Chem 281:9393-9. 2006..These results demonstrate that O-fucosyltransferase 2 is in fact a TSR-specific O-fucosyltransferase...
- Impaired ADAMTS9 secretion: A potential mechanism for eye defects in Peters Plus SyndromeJohanne Dubail
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Sci Rep 6:33974. 2016..The functional link between ADAMTS9 and B3GLCT established here also provides credence to their recently reported association with age-related macular degeneration...
- Genetic and biochemical evidence that gastrulation defects in Pofut2 mutants result from defects in ADAMTS9 secretionBrian A Benz
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, United States
Dev Biol 416:111-22. 2016..In the future, the Pofut2 and Adamts9 knockouts will be valuable tools for understanding how local changes in the properties of the extracellular matrix influence the organization of tissues during mammalian development. ..
- A proactive role of water molecules in acceptor recognition by protein O-fucosyltransferase 2Jessika Valero-González
Institute for Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems BIFI, University of Zaragoza, BIFI IQFR CSIC Joint Unit, Mariano Esquillor s n, Campus Río Ebro, Zaragoza, Spain
Nat Chem Biol 12:240-6. 2016....
- Peters plus syndrome mutations disrupt a noncanonical ER quality-control mechanismDeepika Vasudevan
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, 450 Life Sciences Building, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5215, USA
Curr Biol 25:286-95. 2015..Although 49 putative targets are known, the function of the disaccharide and its role in PPS remain unexplored...
- Novel roles for O-linked glycans in protein foldingDeepika Vasudevan
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, 11794 5215, USA
Glycoconj J 31:417-26. 2014..This article discusses past and recent advances made in novel roles for these protein O-glycosyltransferases. ..
- LIF upregulates poFUT1 expression and promotes trophoblast cell migration and invasion at the fetal-maternal interfaceS Liu
Liaoning Provincial Core Lab of Glycobiology and Glycoengineering, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalian Medical University, Dalian, People s Republic of China
Cell Death Dis 5:e1396. 2014..Taken together, these study findings suggest that poFUT1 may be used as a marker of embryo implantation. ..
- Histology-based expression profiling yields novel prognostic markers in human glioblastomaShumin Dong
Department of Pathology, Cancer Center and Neurosurgical Service, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02129, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 64:948-55. 2005....
- 6-alkynyl fucose is a bioorthogonal analog for O-fucosylation of epidermal growth factor-like repeats and thrombospondin type-1 repeats by protein O-fucosyltransferases 1 and 2Esam Al-Shareffi
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Stony Brook University, New York, NY 11794 5215, USA
Glycobiology 23:188-98. 2013..These results show that 6AF is efficiently utilized in a truly bioorthogonal manner by Pofut1, Pofut2 and the enzymes that elongate O-fucose, providing evidence that 6AF is a significant new tool in the study of protein O-fucosylation...
- Structure of human POFUT2: insights into thrombospondin type 1 repeat fold and O-fucosylationChun I Chen
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
EMBO J 31:3183-97. 2012....
- Structural insights into the mechanism of protein O-fucosylationErandi Lira-Navarrete
Institute of Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e25365. 2011..Thus, the crystal structure together with our mutagenesis studies explain the molecular mechanism of POFUT1 and provide a new starting point for the design of functional inhibitors to this critical enzyme in the future...
- A new superfamily of protein-O-fucosyltransferases, alpha2-fucosyltransferases, and alpha6-fucosyltransferases: phylogeny and identification of conserved peptide motifsIvan Martinez-Duncker
Unité de Glycobiologie et Signalisation Cellulaire, INSERM U504, GDR CNRS 2590, Universite de Paris Sud XI, 16 Ave Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex France
Glycobiology 13:1C-5C. 2003....
- O-fucosylation of thrombospondin type 1 repeats restricts epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) and maintains epiblast pluripotency during mouse gastrulationJianguang Du
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Institute for Cell and Developmental Biology, Center for Developmental Genetics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5215, USA
Dev Biol 346:25-38. 2010....
- O-fucosylation is required for ADAMTS13 secretionLindsay M Ricketts
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 282:17014-23. 2007..Together these findings indicate that O-fucosylation is functionally significant for secretion of ADAMTS13...
- O-fucosylation of thrombospondin type 1 repeats in ADAMTS-like-1/punctin-1 regulates secretion: implications for the ADAMTS superfamilyLauren W Wang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 282:17024-31. 2007..From a broad perspective, these data suggest that O-fucosylation may be a widespread post-translational modification in members of the ADAMTS superfamily with possible regulatory consequences...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human beta1,3-glucosyltransferase, which is localized at the endoplasmic reticulum and glucosylates O-linked fucosylglycan on thrombospondin type 1 repeat domainTakashi Sato
Glycogene Function Team of Research Center for Glycoscience RCG, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Glycobiology 16:1194-206. 2006..Our results suggest that a novel glycosyltransferase, beta3Glc-T, contributes to the elongation of O-fucosylglycan and that this occurs specifically on TSR domains...
- Molecular evolution of protein O-fucosyltransferase genes and splice variantsC Loriol
INRA, UMR 1061, Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Animale, GDR CNRS 2590, Universite de Limoges, Institut des Sciences de la Vie et de la Santé, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, 87060 Limoges, France
Glycobiology 16:736-47. 2006..The last common ancestor of all analyzed bilaterian species would be predicted to possess polyexonic Pofut genes in their genome...
- Two distinct pathways for O-fucosylation of epidermal growth factor-like or thrombospondin type 1 repeatsYi Luo
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Institute for Cell and Developmental Biology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 5215
J Biol Chem 281:9385-92. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest that two distinct O-fucosylation pathways exist in cells, one specific for EGF repeat and the other for TSRs...
- The Caenorhabditis elegans ortholog of C21orf80, a potential new protein O-fucosyltransferase, is required for normal developmentOlivier Menzel
Division of Medical Genetics, University of Geneva Medical School, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Genomics 84:320-30. 2004..Here, we isolated and characterized C21orf80 (human chromosome 21 open reading frame 80), a potential novel protein O-fucosyltransferase gene that encodes ..