Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BUB1
Description: BUB1 mitotic checkpoint serine/threonine kinase
Alias: BUB1A, BUB1L, hBUB1, mitotic checkpoint serine/threonine-protein kinase BUB1, BUB1 budding uninhibited by benzimidazoles 1 homolog, budding uninhibited by benzimidazoles 1 homolog, mitotic spindle checkpoint kinase
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Mutations of mitotic checkpoint genes in human cancersD P Cahill
The Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Program in Human Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Nature 392:300-3. 1998..The normal mitotic checkpoints of cells displaying microsatellite instability become defective upon transfer of mutant hBUB1 alleles from either of two CIN cancers.
- The human homologue of Bub3 is required for kinetochore localization of Bub1 and a Mad3/Bub1-related protein kinaseS S Taylor
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 142:1-11. 1998..Previously, we showed that the murine homologue of Bub1 is not only required for checkpoint response to spindle damage, but also restrains progression through a normal ..
- The hBUB1 and hBUBR1 kinases sequentially assemble onto kinetochores during prophase with hBUBR1 concentrating at the kinetochore plates in mitosisS A Jablonski
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Chromosoma 107:386-96. 1998..Human cells contain two related protein kinases, hBUB1 and hBUBR1, that appear to have evolved from a single ancestral BUB1 gene...
- A role for the Adenomatous Polyposis Coli protein in chromosome segregationK B Kaplan
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Cell Biol 3:429-32. 2001..APC localizes to the ends of microtubules embedded in kinetochores and forms a complex with the checkpoint proteins Bub1 and Bub3. In vitro, APC is a high-affinity substrate for Bub kinases...
- Genetic and epigenetic inactivation of mitotic checkpoint genes hBUB1 and hBUBR1 and their relationship to survivalMasayoshi Shichiri
Department of Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Cancer Res 62:13-7. 2002Sequence alterations of mitotic checkpoint genes, hBUB1 and hBUBR1, were examined, and their gene transcripts were quantified using on-line, real-time quantitative reverse transcription-PCR in surgically resected human colorectal cancers ..
- Kinetochore localisation and phosphorylation of the mitotic checkpoint components Bub1 and BubR1 are differentially regulated by spindle events in human cellsS S Taylor
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, 2 205 Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Sci 114:4385-95. 2001b>BUB1 is a budding yeast gene required to ensure that progression through mitosis is coupled to correct spindle assembly...
- A double missense variation of the BUB1 gene and a defective mitotic spindle checkpoint in the pancreatic cancer cell line Hs766TPaula M Hempen
Department of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hum Mutat 21:445. 2003To determine sequence variations of the BUB1 and BUB1B genes in pancreatic cancer, the entire coding regions of the BUB1 and BUB1B genes were sequenced in pancreatic cancer cell lines and xenografts...
- Bub1 is required for kinetochore localization of BubR1, Cenp-E, Cenp-F and Mad2, and chromosome congressionVictoria L Johnson
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, 2 205 Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Sci 117:1577-89. 2004..The protein kinase Bub1 localizes to the kinetochore very early during mitosis, followed by Cenp-F, BubR1, Cenp-E and finally Mad2...
- Phosphorylation of Cdc20 by Bub1 provides a catalytic mechanism for APC/C inhibition by the spindle checkpointZhanyun Tang
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Mol Cell 16:387-97. 2004..Here we show that HeLa cells depleted for Bub1 by RNA interference are defective in checkpoint signaling...
- Human Bub1 protects centromeric sister-chromatid cohesion through Shugoshin during mitosisZhanyun Tang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9041, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:18012-7. 2004..Here, we report that Bub1 retains centromeric cohesion in mitosis of human cells...
- Microarray analysis identifies a death-from-cancer signature predicting therapy failure in patients with multiple types of cancerGennadi V Glinsky
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1503-21. 2005....
- A dual role for Bub1 in the spindle checkpoint and chromosome congressionPatrick Meraldi
Department of Biology and Biological Engineering, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02139 4307, USA
EMBO J 24:1621-33. 2005..In this study, we use live-cell imaging coupled with RNA interference to investigate the functions of human Bub1. We find that Bub1 is essential for checkpoint control and for correct chromosome congression...
- Bub1 and aurora B cooperate to maintain BubR1-mediated inhibition of APC/CCdc20Christopher J Morrow
Faculty of Sciences, University of Manchester, The Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Sci 118:3639-52. 2005..Several other protein kinases, including Bub1 and members of the Ipl1/aurora family, also regulate anaphase onset...
- KEN-box-dependent degradation of the Bub1 spindle checkpoint kinase by the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosomeWei Qi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9041, USA
J Biol Chem 282:3672-9. 2007..b>Bub1 is a protein serine-threonine kinase that plays multiple roles in chromosome segregation and the spindle checkpoint...
- Shugoshin 1 plays a central role in kinetochore assembly and is required for kinetochore targeting of Plk1Jeroen Pouwels
Medical Biotechnology, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Turku, Finland
Cell Cycle 6:1579-85. 2007..Furthermore our studies implicate Sgo1 in the tension sensing mechanism of the spindle checkpoint by regulating Plk1 kinetochore affinity...
- BUB1 mediation of caspase-independent mitotic death determines cell fateYohei Niikura
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Cell Biol 178:283-96. 2007..In BUB1-deficient (but not MAD2-deficient) cells, conditions that activate the spindle checkpoint (i.e...
- Bub1 maintains centromeric cohesion by activation of the spindle checkpointDavid Perera
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Dev Cell 13:566-79. 2007b>Bub1 is a component of the spindle assembly checkpoint (SAC), a surveillance mechanism that ensures genome stability by delaying anaphase until all the chromosomes are stably attached to spindle microtubules via their kinetochores...
- Human Blinkin/AF15q14 is required for chromosome alignment and the mitotic checkpoint through direct interaction with Bub1 and BubR1Tomomi Kiyomitsu
Department of Gene Mechanisms, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Dev Cell 13:663-76. 2007..AF15q14/blinkin, a member of the Spc105/Spc7/KNL-1 family, directly links spindle checkpoint proteins BubR1 and Bub1 to kinetochores and is required for spindle checkpoint and chromosome alignment...
- Structure and substrate recruitment of the human spindle checkpoint kinase Bub1Jungseog Kang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6001 Forest Park Road, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Mol Cell 32:394-405. 2008..The checkpoint kinase Bub1 contributes to checkpoint sensitivity through phosphorylating the APC/C activator, Cdc20, and inhibiting APC/C ..
- The crystal structure of the N-terminal region of BUB1 provides insight into the mechanism of BUB1 recruitment to kinetochoresVictor M Bolanos-Garcia
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK
Structure 17:105-16. 2009The interaction of the central mitotic checkpoint component BUB1 with the mitotic kinetochore protein Blinkin is required for the kinetochore localization and function of BUB1 in the mitotic spindle assembly checkpoint, the regulatory ..
- Bub1 regulates chromosome segregation in a kinetochore-independent mannerChristiane Klebig
Institute of Biochemistry, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 185:841-58. 2009The kinetochore-bound protein kinase Bub1 performs two crucial functions during mitosis: it is essential for spindle checkpoint signaling and for correct chromosome alignment...
- Defining the molecular basis of BubR1 kinetochore interactions and APC/C-CDC20 inhibitionSheena D'Arcy
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1GA, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:14764-76. 2010..structure reveals divergence from the classical TPR fold and is highly similar to the TPR domain of budding yeast Bub1. Shared distinctive features include a disordered loop insertion, a 3(10)-helix, a tight turn involving glycine ..
- Two histone marks establish the inner centromere and chromosome bi-orientationYuya Yamagishi
Laboratory of Chromosome Dynamics, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Science 330:239-43. 2010..Here, we show that the phosphorylation of histone H3-threonine 3 (H3-pT3) mediated by Haspin cooperates with Bub1-mediated histone 2A-serine 121 (H2A-S121) phosphorylation in targeting the CPC to the inner centromere in fission ..
- Protein interaction domain mapping of human kinetochore protein Blinkin reveals a consensus motif for binding of spindle assembly checkpoint proteins Bub1 and BubR1Tomomi Kiyomitsu
Department of Gene Mechanisms, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 31:998-1011. 2011..Here, we report distinct and essential binding domains for Bub1 and BubR1 (here designated Bubs) at the N terminus of blinkin and for Zwint-1 and hMis14/hNsl1 at the C terminus...
- Bub1 overexpression induces aneuploidy and tumor formation through Aurora B kinase hyperactivationRobin M Ricke
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Cell Biol 193:1049-64. 2011High expression of the protein kinase Bub1 has been observed in a variety of human tumors and often correlates with poor clinical prognosis, but its molecular and cellular consequences and role in tumorigenesis are unknown...
- Structural analysis reveals features of the spindle checkpoint kinase Bub1-kinetochore subunit Knl1 interactionVeronica Krenn
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, 20139 Milan, Italy
J Cell Biol 196:451-67. 2012The function of the essential checkpoint kinases Bub1 and BubR1 requires their recruitment to mitotic kinetochores...
- Genomic instability at the BUB1 locus in colorectal cancer, but not in non-small cell lung cancerR G Jaffrey
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
Cancer Res 60:4349-52. 2000..Mutations in the mitotic spindle checkpoint kinase BLUB1 cause a dominant negative disruption of the spindle, leading to chromosome instability in ..
- The mitotic checkpoint protein hBUB3 and the mRNA export factor hRAE1 interact with GLE2p-binding sequence (GLEBS)-containing proteinsX Wang
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 276:26559-67. 2001..Here we report that the two known binding partners of hBUB3, the mitotic checkpoint proteins hBUB1 and hBUBR1, both carry a region with remarkable similarity to the GLEBS motif of hNUP98...
- Differential expression of the MAD2, BUB1 and HSP27 genes in Barrett's oesophagus-their association with aneuploidy and neoplastic progressionShareen H Doak
Human Molecular Pathology Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales Swansea, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Mutat Res 547:133-44. 2004..Gene expression levels of the MAD2 and BUB1 mitotic spindle checkpoint genes were assessed in 37 Barrett's patients (with histology ranging from metaplasia to ..
- Human Bub1 defines the persistent cohesion site along the mitotic chromosome by affecting Shugoshin localizationTomoya S Kitajima
Laboratory of Chromosome Dynamics, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Curr Biol 15:353-9. 2005..In fission yeast, Sgo localization depends on Bub1, a conserved spindle checkpoint protein, which is enigmatically also required for chromosome congression during ..
- Surveillance mechanism linking Bub1 loss to the p53 pathwayOle V Gjoerup
Molecular Virology Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8334-9. 2007b>Bub1 is a kinase believed to function primarily in the mitotic spindle checkpoint. Mutation or aberrant Bub1 expression is associated with chromosomal instability, aneuploidy, and human cancer...
- Characterization of MAD2B and other mitotic spindle checkpoint genesD P Cahill
Program in Human Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, 21231, USA
Genomics 58:181-7. 1999..In addition, we resolved the genomic intron-exon structure of the human BUB1 gene. We then searched for mutations in these genes in a panel of 19 aneuploid colorectal tumors...
- hBUB1 defects in leukemia and lymphoma cellsHon Yu Ru
Institute of Medical Science, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan, Republic of China
Oncogene 21:4673-9. 2002..In some colorectal cancers with CIN it was found to have hBUB1 gene mutated and the mutated gene functions dominantly...
- Characterization of the tetratricopeptide-containing domain of BUB1, BUBR1, and PP5 proves that domain amphiphilicity over amino acid sequence specificity governs protein adsorption and interfacial activitySylvie Beaufils
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Phys Chem B 112:7984-91. 2008..The N-terminal region of BUB1, BUBR1, and protein phosphatase 5 (PP5) contains tandem arrangements of the TPR motif...
- Bub1 is activated by the protein kinase p90(Rsk) during Xenopus oocyte maturationM S Schwab
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, 4200 East Ninth Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Curr Biol 11:141-50. 2001..In yeast, the serine/threonine protein kinase Bub1 and the WD-repeat protein Bub3 are elements of a signal transduction cascade that regulates the kinetochore ..
- The function of a spindle checkpoint gene bub-1 in C. elegans developmentXiangming Wang
School of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 4:e5912. 2009The serine/threonine kinase BUB1 (Budding Uninhibited by Benzimidazole 1) was originally identified in yeast as a checkpoint protein, based on its mutant's incapacity of delaying the cell cycle in response to loss of microtubules...
- A screen for dynein synthetic lethals in Aspergillus nidulans identifies spindle assembly checkpoint genes and other genes involved in mitosisV P Efimov
Department of Pharmacology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 5635, USA
Genetics 149:101-16. 1998..nidulans autonomously replicating vector. Sequencing revealed homology to the spindle assembly checkpoint genes BUB1 and BUB3 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- mei-41 and bub1 block mitosis at two distinct steps in response to incomplete DNA replication in Drosophila embryosM Garner
Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, 80309, Boulder, CO, USA
Curr Biol 11:1595-9. 2001..We find that mitotic cyclins are stabilized and that a spindle checkpoint protein, Bub1, localizes onto chromosomes during mitotic arrest in dup mutants...
- Cellular transformation by Simian Virus 40 and Murine Polyoma Virus T antigensJingwei Cheng
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 19:218-28. 2009..SV40 LT also binds to several additional cellular proteins including p300, CBP, Cul7, IRS1, Bub1, Nbs1 and Fbxw7 that contribute to viral transformation...
- Requirement of chromatid cohesion proteins rad21/scc1 and mis4/scc2 for normal spindle-kinetochore interaction in fission yeastYusuke Toyoda
Department of Gene Mechanisms, Graduate School of Biostudies, 606 8502, Kyoto, Japan
Curr Biol 12:347-58. 2002..The failure to form cohesion in the S phase results in premature separation of chromatids in G2/M. Mitotic kinetochores free from microtubules or the lack of tension are known to activate spindle checkpoint...
- Bub1 and CENP-F can contribute to Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus genome persistence by targeting LANA to kinetochoresBingyi Xiao
Department of Microbiology and Tumor Virology Program of the Abramson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Virol 84:9718-32. 2010..Moreover, LANA associated with another kinetochore protein, Bub1 (budding uninhibited by benzimidazole 1), which is known to form a complex with CENP-F...
- The RanGAP1-RanBP2 complex is essential for microtubule-kinetochore interactions in vivoJomon Joseph
National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Building 18, Room 106, 18 Library Drive, MSC 5431, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Curr Biol 14:611-7. 2004..No similar disruption was observed after ablation of proteins nonessential for MT-kinetochore interactions (CENP-I, Bub1, CENP-E )...
- Inhibitors of histone deacetylases alter kinetochore assembly by disrupting pericentromeric heterochromatinApril R Robbins
Laboratory of Cell Biochemistry and Biology, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cell Cycle 4:717-26. 2005..Decreased amounts of hBUB1, CENP-F and the motor protein CENP-E were present on kinetochores of treated cells...
- Genetic evidence for a role of phospholipase C at the budding yeast kinetochoreN DeLillo
Department of Biological Sciences, St John s University, 8000 Utopia Parkway, Jamaicam New York, NY 11439, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 269:261-70. 2003..However, plc1Delta cells require a functional BUB1/BUB3-dependent spindle checkpoint for viability...
- Sequence analysis of two cosmids from Schizosaccharomyces pombe chromosome IIIM Lucas
Institut National Agronomique, Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, INRA, CNRS, Centre de Biotechnologies Agro Industrielles, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Yeast 16:1519-26. 2000..gms1 on SPCC895, encoding the mating type P-factor precursor and an UDP-galactose transporter, respectively, and bub1 and ade6 in SPCC1322, encoding a protein kinase and a phosphoribosylaminoimidazole carboxylase, respectively...
- Genome of invertebrate iridescent virus type 3 (mosquito iridescent virus)Gustavo Delhon
Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, Greenport, New York 11944, USA
J Virol 80:8439-49. 2006....
- Different spindle checkpoint proteins monitor microtubule attachment and tension at kinetochores in Drosophila cellsElsa Logarinho
Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular, Universidade do Porto, Rua do Campo Alegre 823, 4150 180 Porto, Portugal
J Cell Sci 117:1757-71. 2004..Here, we analyse how the kinetochore localization of the Drosophila spindle checkpoint proteins Bub1, Mad2, Bub3 and BubR1, behave in response to alterations in microtubule binding or tension...
- Human Scc4 is required for cohesin binding to chromatin, sister-chromatid cohesion, and mitotic progressionErwan Watrin
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology I M P, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Curr Biol 16:863-74. 2006..Mutation of Scc2 orthologs causes defects in cohesion, transcription, and development, resulting in Cornelia de Lange syndrome in humans...
- Multiple DNA damage signaling and repair pathways deregulated by simian virus 40 large T antigenSergei Boichuk
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Virol 84:8007-20. 2010..the hallmarks of a cellular DNA damage response (DDR), such as focal accumulation of gamma-H2AX and 53BP1, via Bub1 binding. Here we expand our characterization of LT effects on the DDR...
- Loading of the 3F3/2 antigen onto kinetochores is dependent on the ordered assembly of the spindle checkpoint proteinsOi Kwan Wong
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5020, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:4390-9. 2006..attachment or of tension across sister kinetochores through phosphorylation of kinetochore proteins by the Mps1, Bub1, BubR1, Aurora B, and Plk1/Plx1 kinases...
- The multiple roles of Bub1 in chromosome segregation during mitosis and meiosisFrancesco Marchetti
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA
Cell Cycle 9:58-63. 2010..Among the SAC proteins, the budding uninhibited by benzimidazole protein 1 (Bub1), is a highly conserved protein of prominent importance for the proper functioning of the SAC...
- Characterization of the kinetochore binding domain of CENP-E reveals interactions with the kinetochore proteins CENP-F and hBUBR1G K Chan
Institute for Cancer Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Cell Biol 143:49-63. 1998..screen to isolate interacting proteins that included the kinetochore proteins CENP-E, CENP-F, and hBUBR1, a BUB1-related kinase that was found to be mutated in some colorectal carcinomas (Cahill, D.P., C. Lengauer, J. Yu, G.J...
- Bub3 interaction with Mad2, Mad3 and Cdc20 is mediated by WD40 repeats and does not require intact kinetochoresR Fraschini
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie e Bioscienze, Piazza della Scienza 2, 20126 Milano, Italy
EMBO J 20:6648-59. 2001The kinetochore checkpoint pathway, involving the Mad1, Mad2, Mad3, Bub1, Bub3 and Mps1 proteins, prevents anaphase entry and mitotic exit by inhibiting the anaphase promoting complex activator Cdc20 in response to monopolar attachment of ..
- The A78V mutation in the Mad3-like domain of Schizosaccharomyces pombe Bub1p perturbs nuclear accumulation and kinetochore targeting of Bub1p, Bub3p, and Mad3p and spindle assembly checkpoint functionSheila Kadura
Verna and Marrs McClean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:385-95. 2005..to isolate SAC mutants in fission yeast yielded point mutations in three fission yeast SAC genes: mad1, bub3, and bub1. The bub1-A78V mutant is of particular interest because it produces a wild-type amount of protein that is mutated ..
- Spindle checkpoint signaling requires the mis6 kinetochore subcomplex, which interacts with mad2 and mitotic spindlesShigeaki Saitoh
Division of Cell Biology, Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, Fukuoka 839 0864, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 16:3666-77. 2005..During early mitosis, the spindle checkpoint proteins, such as Mad2 and Bub1, accumulate at kinetochores that do not associate with the spindle...
- Mps1 phosphorylation by MAP kinase is required for kinetochore localization of spindle-checkpoint proteinsYong Zhao
Graduate Field of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Curr Biol 16:1764-9. 2006..activate the spindle checkpoint by recruiting several spindle-checkpoint proteins, including Mps1, Mad1, Mad2, Bub1, Bub3, and BubR1 (Mad3 in yeast)...
- Recruitment of Mad2 to the kinetochore requires the Rod/Zw10 complexEulalie Buffin
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Centre de Genetique Moleculaire, Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Curr Biol 15:856-61. 2005..Moreover, Mad2, but not BubR1, Bub1, Bub3, or Mps1, requires Rod/Zw10 for its accumulation on unattached kinetochores...
- Isolation and characterization of a Paramecium cDNA clone encoding a putative serine/threonine protein kinaseSatoru Wada
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba Aramaki, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Genetica 131:307-14. 2007..Comparisons of expression level have shown that pcstk1 is expressed equally in cells at different stages (sexual and asexual). We discussed the possibility, as in other organisms, that a family of MAP kinase genes exists in P. caudatum...
- Human MPS1 kinase is required for mitotic arrest induced by the loss of CENP-E from kinetochoresSong Tao Liu
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Mol Biol Cell 14:1638-51. 2003..hMPS1 is required for MAD1, MAD2 but not hBUB1, hBUBR1 and hROD to bind to kinetochores...
- TRAIL inactivates the mitotic checkpoint and potentiates death induced by microtubule-targeting agents in human cancer cellsMijin Kim
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer Res 68:3440-9. 2008..of TRAIL to either nocodazole or paclitaxel (Taxol) reduced levels of the mitotic checkpoint proteins BubR1 and Bub1. BubR1 mutated for the caspase cleavage sites, but not wild-type BubR1, was resistant to cleavage induced by TRAIL ..
- Cloning and characterization of an acyl-CoA-dependent diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) gene from Tropaeolum majus, and a study of the functional motifs of the DGAT protein using site-directed mutagenesis to modify enzyme activity and oil contentJingyu Xu
National Research Council of Canada, Plant Biotechnology Institute, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, Canada
Plant Biotechnol J 6:799-818. 2008..Thus, alteration of this putative serine/threonine protein kinase site can be exploited to enhance DGAT1 activity, and expression of mutated DGAT1 can be used to enhance oil content...
- Aurora-C kinase deficiency causes cytokinesis failure in meiosis I and production of large polyploid oocytes in miceKuo Tai Yang
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Mol Biol Cell 21:2371-83. 2010..Furthermore, AurC-KD reduced Aurora-C and histone H3 phosphorylation and inhibited kinetochore localization of Bub1 and BubR1...
- Mad1p, a phosphoprotein component of the spindle assembly checkpoint in budding yeastK G Hardwick
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0444, USA
J Cell Biol 131:709-20. 1995..assembly checkpoint mutants reveals that this response to microtubule-disrupting agents is defective in some (mad2, bub1, and bub3) but not all (mad3, bub2) mutant strains...
- Pericentromeric regions containing 1.688 satellite DNA sequences show anti-kinetochore antibody staining in prometaphase chromosomes of Drosophila melanogasterJ P Abad
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa CSIC UAM, Madrid, Spain
Mol Gen Genet 264:371-7. 2000..Immunostaining of prometaphase chromosomes with the kinetocore-specific anti-BUB1 antibody reveals the transient presence of this centromeric protein in all the regions containing the 1...
- Bub1 up-regulation and hyperphosphorylation promote malignant transformation in SV40 tag-induced transgenic mouse modelsConghui Guo
Department of Surgery, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cancer Res 4:957-69. 2006..In particular, the spindle checkpoint component Bub1 was persistently up-regulated from early to advanced androgen-independent prostate cancer lesions...
- Mammalian mad2 and bub1/bubR1 recognize distinct spindle-attachment and kinetochore-tension checkpointsD A Skoufias
Institut de Biologie Structurale J P Ebel Commissariat à l Energie Atomique Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:4492-7. 2001..A number of proteins, including mad2, bub1, and bubR1, have been implicated in the metaphase checkpoint control in mammalian cells...
- Cloning and expression analyses of sucrose non-fermenting-1-related kinase 1 (SnRK1b) gene during development of sorghum and maize endosperm and its implicated role in sugar-to-starch metabolic transitionMukesh Jain
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 0680, USA
Physiol Plant 134:161-73. 2008..seed development. However, discordant in situ hybridization and immunolocalization data indicated that the expression of SbSnRK1b homologue in maize is under posttranscriptional control during endosperm development...
- Novel interactors and a role for supervillin in early cytokinesisTara C Smith
Department of Cell Biology and Cell Dynamics Program, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 67:346-64. 2010..The interacting sequences from 12 of these proteins (BUB1, EPLIN/LIMA1, FLNA, HAX1, KIF14, KIFC3, MIF4GD/SLIP1, ODF2/Cenexin, RHAMM, STARD9/KIF16A, Tks5/SH3PXD2A, TNFAIP1) ..
- The Cbk1p pathway is important for polarized cell growth and cell separation in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeS Bidlingmaier
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8103, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:2449-62. 2001..Many Cbk1-related kinases have been shown to regulate cellular morphology...
- Distinct chromosome segregation roles for spindle checkpoint proteinsCheryl D Warren
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:3029-41. 2002..Loss of Bub1 or Bub3 protein elicits the largest effect. Analysis of Bub1p reveals the presence of two molecular functions...
- The spindle assembly checkpoint is not essential for CSF arrest of mouse oocytesChizuko Tsurumi
Max Planck Institut fuer Immunbiologie, Developmental Biology, Freiburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 167:1037-50. 2004In Xenopus oocytes, the spindle assembly checkpoint (SAC) kinase Bub1 is required for cytostatic factor (CSF)-induced metaphase arrest in meiosis II...
- Disruption of astral microtubule contact with the cell cortex activates a Bub1, Bub3, and Mad3-dependent checkpoint in fission yeastSylvie Tournier
Division of Yeast Genetics, National Institute for Medical Research, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 15:3345-56. 2004..By analyzing the timing of kinetochore separation, we find that this anaphase delay requires the Bub3, Mad3, and Bub1 but not the Mad1 or Mad2 spindle assembly checkpoint proteins...
- Isolation and expression during pollen development of a tobacco cDNA clone encoding a protein kinase homologous to shaggy/glycogen synthase kinase-3E Einzenberger
Institute of Microbiology and Genetics, University of Vienna, Austria
Biochim Biophys Acta 1260:315-9. 1995..Northern experiments showed that NtK-4 is expressed in all sporophytic tobacco tissues tested, as well as in gametophytic and embryogenic pollen...
- A putative Plasmodium falciparum exported serine/threonine protein kinaseJ F Kun
Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health and Nutrition, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Australia Qld
Mol Biochem Parasitol 85:41-51. 1997..This is the first putative protein kinase of P. falciparum to be exported from the parasite into its host cell...
- Human BUBR1 is a mitotic checkpoint kinase that monitors CENP-E functions at kinetochores and binds the cyclosome/APCG K Chan
Institute for Cancer Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Cell Biol 146:941-54. 1999Human cells express two kinases that are related to the yeast mitotic checkpoint kinase BUB1. hBUB1 and hBUBR1 bind to kinetochores where they are postulated to be components of the mitotic checkpoint that monitors kinetochore activities ..
- Kinesins klp5(+) and klp6(+) are required for normal chromosome movement in mitosisRobert R West
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0347, USA
J Cell Sci 115:931-40. 2002..and klp6Delta null mutants are synthetically lethal with a deletion of the spindle assembly checkpoint gene, bub1(+), several mutants in components of the anaphase promoting complex, and a cold sensitive allele of the kinetochore ..
- BubR1 is essential for kinetochore localization of other spindle checkpoint proteins and its phosphorylation requires Mad1Rey Huei Chen
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Cell Biol 158:487-96. 2002..Unattached kinetochores associate with several checkpoint proteins, including BubR1, Bub1, Bub3, Mad1, Mad2, and CENP-E...
- Mad2 and BubR1 function in a single checkpoint pathway that responds to a loss of tensionKatie B Shannon
SPIRE fellow, Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 3280, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:3706-19. 2002..decrease in tension at 23 degrees C, and metaphase kinetochores at 23 degrees C exhibited higher levels of 3F3/2, Bub1, and BubR1 compared with 37 degrees C...
- AURORA-A amplification overrides the mitotic spindle assembly checkpoint, inducing resistance to TaxolShubha Anand
CR UK Department of Oncology and the Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, University of Cambridge, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XZ, United Kingdom
Cancer Cell 3:51-62. 2003..This abnormality is relieved by an inhibitory mutant of BUB1, linking the mitotic abnormalities provoked by Aurora-A overexpression to spindle checkpoint activity...
- Simian virus 40 large T antigen targets the spindle assembly checkpoint protein Bub1Marina Cotsiki
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, Courtauld Building, 91 Riding House Street, London W1W 7BS, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:947-52. 2004The mitotic spindle checkpoint protein Bub1 has been found to be mutated at low frequency in certain human cancers characterized by aneuploidy...
- Phosphorylation and activation of Bub1 on unattached chromosomes facilitate the spindle checkpointRey Huei Chen
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
EMBO J 23:3113-21. 2004..The protein kinase Bub1 is an essential checkpoint component that resides at kinetochores during mitosis...
- Bub1: escapades in a cellular worldGrace L Williams
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cell Cycle 6:1699-704. 2007..The Bub1 kinase is a key spindle checkpoint regulatory protein. Bub1 also plays more pleiotropic roles...
- Sgo1 establishes the centromeric cohesion protection mechanism in G2 before subsequent Bub1-dependent recruitment in mitosisDavid Perera
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Sci 123:653-9. 2010b>Bub1 was one of the first protein kinases identified as a component of the spindle-assembly checkpoint, a surveillance mechanism that delays anaphase onset until all chromosomes are stably attached to spindle microtubules...
- Islet transplantation reverses the effects of maternal diabetes on mouse oocytesPan Pan Cheng
Organ Transplantation Institute of Xiamen University, Xiamen University, Xiamen City, Fujian Province 361005, People s Republic of China
Reproduction 141:417-24. 2011..spindle defects, chromosome misalignment, and aneuploidy; increased the relative expression levels of Mad2 and Bub1; and enhanced the sensitivity of oocytes to parthenogenetic activation...
- Efficacy of the EGFr inhibitor Iressa on development of chemically-induced urinary bladder cancers: dose dependency and modulation of biomarkersRonald A Lubet
Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, Executive Plaza North, Suite 2110, 6130 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Oncol Rep 25:1389-97. 2011..In particular, cell cycle genes related to the anaphase protein complex (APC) pathway, including CDC 20, cyclin B1, BUB1 and both of the Aurora kinases, were significantly decreased.
- Novel molecular markers of malignancy in histologically normal and benign breastAejaz Nasir
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Patholog Res Int 2011:489064. 2011..Larger-scale clinical validation studies are needed to further evaluate the clinical utility of these molecular biomarkers...
- Spindle assembly checkpoint and its regulators in meiosisShao Chen Sun
Department of Animal Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea
Hum Reprod Update 18:60-72. 2012..by studies on the SAC proteins mitotic-arrest deficient-1 (Mad1), Mad2, budding uninhibited by benzimidazole-1 (Bub1), Bub3, BubR1 and Mps1; microtubule-kinetochore attachment regulators Ndc80 complex, chromosomal passenger complex, ..
- Structure of human Mad1 C-terminal domain reveals its involvement in kinetochore targetingSoonjoung Kim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6001 Forest Park Road, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:6549-54. 2012..Mutagenesis studies further map the functional interface of Mad1 CTD in kinetochore targeting and implicate Bub1 as its receptor...
- Germline mutations in the spindle assembly checkpoint genes BUB1 and BUB3 are risk factors for colorectal cancerRicharda M de Voer
Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Medical Centre and Research Institute for Oncology, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 145:544-7. 2013..cancer; we identified haploinsufficiency or heterozygous mutations in the spindle assembly checkpoint genes BUB1 and BUB3 in 2.9% of them...
- PKM2 regulates chromosome segregation and mitosis progression of tumor cellsYuhui Jiang
Brain Tumor Center and Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell 53:75-87. 2014..This phosphorylation is required for Bub3-Bub1 complex recruitment to kinetochores, where it interacts with Blinkin and is essential for correct kinetochore-..
- Modulation of Eg5 activity contributes to mitotic spindle checkpoint activation and Tat-mediated apoptosis in CD4-positive T-lymphocytesMin Liu
Key Laboratory of Immune Microenvironment and Disease of the Ministry of Education, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, 300070, China
J Pathol 233:138-47. 2014..These findings identify Tat as a viral regulator of Eg5 and provide novel insights into the mechanisms of action of Tat in mediating the reduction of CD4-positive T-lymphocytes...
- Links between nucleolar activity, rDNA stability, aneuploidy and chronological aging in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeAnna Lewinska
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, University of Rzeszow, Rzeszow, Poland
Biogerontology 15:289-316. 2014..In the present study, the impact of aberrant cell cycle checkpoint control (knock-out of BUB1, BUB2, MAD1 and TEL1 genes in haploid and diploid hemizygous states) on CA-mediated changes in the nucleolus was ..
- Gene expression profiling analysis of osteosarcoma cell linesLu Sun
Department of Orthopedics, Shandong Chinese Medical Hospital, Jinan, Shandong 250014, P R China
Mol Med Rep 12:4266-72. 2015..In addition, AURKA (degree=39), MAD2L1 (degree=38), CDCA8 (degree=38), BUB1 (degree=37) and MELK (degree=37) exhibited higher degrees of connectivity in module F...
- Dissecting the roles of human BUB1 in the spindle assembly checkpointMathijs Vleugel
Molecular Cancer Research, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht 3584 CG, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 128:2975-82. 2015..Recruitment of these proteins to the kinetochore, as well as SAC activation, rely on the mitotic kinase BUB1, but the molecular mechanism by which BUB1 accomplishes this in human cells is unknown...
- Dependence of Human Colorectal Cells Lacking the FBW7 Tumor Suppressor on the Spindle Assembly CheckpointMelanie L Bailey
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z4, Canada
Genetics 201:885-95. 2015..cells have increased levels of mitotic APC/C substrates and are sensitive to knockdown of not just BUBR1 but BUB1 and MPS1, other known SAC components, suggesting a dependence of these cells on the mitotic checkpoint...
- Chromosomal abnormalities in hepatic cysts point to novel polycystic liver disease genesEdgar S Wills
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Hum Genet 24:1707-1714. 2016..In individual ADPLD cases, we identified germline events: a 2q13 complex rearrangement resulting in BUB1 haploinsufficiency, a 47XXX karyotype, chromosome 9q copy-number loss, and LOH on chromosome 3p...
- BUBR1 phosphorylation is regulated during mitotic checkpoint activationW Li
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45267, USA
Cell Growth Differ 10:769-75. 1999..Considering its strong homology to BUB1 protein kinase, BUBR1 may also play an important role in mitotic checkpoint control by phosphorylation of a ..
- The pathway of MAP kinase mediation of CSF arrest in Xenopus oocytesJ L Maller
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver 80262, USA
Biol Cell 93:27-33. 2001..Rsk phosphorylates and activates the Bub1 protein kinase, which may cause metaphase arrest due to inhibition of the anaphase-promoting complex (APC) by a ..
- HcSTK, a Caenorhabditis elegans PAR-1 homologue from the parasitic nematode, Haemonchus contortusSia Nikolaou
Victorian Institute of Animal Science, Agriculture Victoria, 475 Mickleham Road, Attwood, Victoria 3049, Australia
Int J Parasitol 32:749-58. 2002..g. humans and rodents), invertebrates (e.g. insects and C. elegans) and yeast, suggests that HcSTK may be involved in a conserved signal transduction pathway...
- BUB1 infrequently mutated in human breast carcinomasAnita Langerød
Dep of Genetics, Inst for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, N 0310 Oslo, Norway
Hum Mutat 22:420. 2003The BUB1 gene is a key player in the mitotic spindle checkpoint machinery that monitors proper segregation of sister chromatides during mitosis...
- Modulation of cell cycle and gene expression in pancreatic tumor cell lines by methionine deprivation (methionine stress): implications to the therapy of pancreatic adenocarcinomaDemetrius M Kokkinakis
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213 1863, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:1338-48. 2005..of NF2, ETS2, CLU, GADD45alpha, GADD45beta, and GADD45gamma and down-regulation of AURKB, TOP2A, CCNA, CCNB, PRC1, BUB1, NuSAP, IFI16, and BRCA1...
- Kinetochore Function and Cell Cycle Progression RevisionKatsumi Kitagawa; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 2, we will investigate how Bub1 (a spindle checkpoint kinase) controls Sgo1 (Shugoshin, a tension sensor at the kinetochore)...
- CELL AND TUMOR GENETICS OF MITOTIC ARREST CHECKPOINTSPETER KARL SORGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..and Bub proteins to kinetochores will be studied, with particular emphasis on the members of the Ndc80 complex (4) Bub1, a kinase with dual functions in checkpoint control and chromosome-microtubule attachment will be analyzed using ..
- Elaine Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2016..the barrel contributes to the regulatory function of the inner centromere and the spindle checkpoint, including the Bub1 kinase...
- PTEN Deficiency and Tumor DevelopmentYuxin Yin; Fiscal Year: 2012..Of significant interest was our finding that the levels of Bub1 and aurora B which are two critical mitotic checkpoint regulators are reduced in Pten null cells...
- Jan M van Deursen; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Bub1, a mitotic checkpoint gene encoding a multi-functional serine/threonine protein kinase, has emerged as a prominent ..
- Mitotic Checkpoint Regulators: Roles in Development and CancerWilliam F Marzluff; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, prompted by the identification of Bub1 mutations in certain colon cancer cell lines, in vitro studies have shown that interference with this mitotic ..
- Mechanisms of Mitotic Activation of the ATM kinaseSankar Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2013..depth studies have found that Aurora-B associated with ATM during mitosis and ATM was required for the activity of Bub1. Further we found that ATM phosphorylated Bub1 (at Ser314) and Mad 1(at Ser214)...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF CHROMOSOME SEGREGATION IN YEASTClarence Chan; Fiscal Year: 1999..They turned out to be: TUB3 and TUB1 (the alpha subunit of tubulin), CIN8 (one of 2 yeast kinesins), and BUB1 (one subunit of a checkpoint kinase)...
- Erle S Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have also shown an association with the nuclear mitosis apparatus protein NuMA, as well as Bub1 and a number of CenP proteins...
- Role of Bub1 in SV40 large T antigen mediated transformation and replicationOle Gjoerup; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have identified an interaction of LT with the mitotic regulator Bub1. Bub1 is critical for preserving genome integrity...
- Mitotic Checkpoint Proteins in TumorigenesisFrank McKeon; Fiscal Year: 2006..abnormal chromosome segregation are killed in a manner dependent on signaling from two mitotic checkpoint proteins, BUB1 and MAD3L, to the tumor suppressor p53...
- Regulation of the Spindle Checkpoint Protein Bub1pYANIRA GONZALEZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..Interestingly, our lab has identified a mutation in the Mad3-like region (bub1-A78V) of the essential protein kinase Bublp that disrupts the nuclear and kinetochore localization of Bublp, BubSp ..
- Functional Analysis of Mitotic Checkpoint Gene Bub1bRakesh Goorha; Fiscal Year: 2005..The murine homologue (Bub1b) of the yeast mitotic checkpoint protein Bub1 was discovered by the principal investigator and shown to be expressed in a cell cycle-specific manner...
- The role of hBUB1-p53 pathway in genomic stability.Sam Thiagalingam; Fiscal Year: 2007..Unexpectedly, the second putative kinase isolated in the screen is hBUB1. BUB1 was originally isolated as a spindle assembly checkpoint gene in yeast and harbors mutations in a subset of ..
- Identification of Anticancer Drug TargetsRobert Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2004..of genes that bring about synthetic lethality represent potential drug targets for cancers with mutations in hBUB1 or hMSH2...
- IDENTIFICATION OF ANTICANCER DRUG TARGETS USING YEASTRobert Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2001..of genes that bring about synthetic lethality represent potential drug targets for cancers with mutations in hBUB1 or hMSH2...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF MITOTIC CHECKPOINT PROTEINSDavid Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2002..on an essential element in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae checkpoint, Bub3, its structure and interaction with Bub1, a Bub3 kinase...
- CONTROL OF CELL DIVISION IN XENOPUS OOCYTESJAMES MALLER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further work will examine the regulation, localization, and targets of PIx1 and identify kinases that activate xPIkk1. ..
- S6 Phosphorylation & Tyrosine Protein KinasesJAMES MALLER; Fiscal Year: 2004..p90Rsk phosphorylates and activates the spindle assembly checkpoint component Bub1. Bub1 activity has been linked to inhibition of the anaphase-promoting complex, which targets key proteins for ..
- Sixth International Conference on Systems Biology (ICSB 2005)Andrew Murray; Fiscal Year: 2005..The speakers and contributors will include experimental biologists, chemists, computer scientists, physicists, engineers, and mathematicians. ..
- SISTER CHROMATID LINKAGE AND SEPARATIONAndrew Murray; Fiscal Year: 2004..This information will be directly relevant to understanding how aneuploidy is generated in Down syndrome and tumor progression. ..
- Regulation of the Anaphase-Promoting Complex by the Spindle CheckpointHongtao Yu; Fiscal Year: 2010..assisted conformational change of Mad2 in MCC assembly;(2) to determine the role of phosphorylation of Cdc20 by Bub1 in MCC assembly;and (3) to determine the role of Cdc20 autoubiquitination and degradation in MCC disassembly...
- Protein Interactions of the Germ Cell Kinase HaspinJONATHAN HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mammal Cecropins as Antibiotics for Corneal InfectionsWei Dai; Fiscal Year: 2004..Phase II will be aimed at testing the efficacy and potential side-effects of mammalian cecropins using animal model systems as well as at regulatory submission and clinical testing. ..
- Danielle M Dick; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- TGFb Regulation of ER Receptor Positive Mammary CellsMARY BARCELLOS HOFF; Fiscal Year: 2006..3: To determine whether TGF-beta regulation of the ER+ subpopulation contributes to progression and/or features of preneoplastic lesions. ..
- Function of the chromosomal kinase haspin in mitosisJONATHAN M HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..A greater knowledge of the role of human haspin in this process will help us understand the defects that underlie transformation and may lead to new approaches to block the division of cancer cells. ..
- A novel mouse colon cancer model and chemopreventionWei Dai; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal of this project is to elucidate the mechanism by which cell cycle checkpoints and the Wnt signaling pathway regulate cell proliferation and differentiation as well as genomic stability. ..
- SPINDLE ASSEMBLY CHECKPOINT IN VERTEBRATES AND YEASTRey Huei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge will then be applied to the question of how the deregulation of the checkpoint function may contribute to cancer progression. ..
- Protection of Centromeric Cohesion by Bub1 and Sgo1Hongtao Yu; Fiscal Year: 2010..of Plk1 /Aurora B in prophase? We have recently provided evidence to suggest that the spindle checkpoint kinase Bub1 targets and the Sgo1 centromeric protein and protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) to centromeres where they counteract the ..
- TRANSCRIPTOME OF METASTATIC PROSTATE CANCERGennadi Glinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..Subsequently the expression profile of these protein products will be studied in human prostate tumor samples by immunofluorescence analysis and immunohistochemistry to better correlate gene expression changes with phenotype. ..
- Development of a haspin kinase assay for high throughput drug screeningJONATHAN HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, such inhibitors will provide an excellent way to validate haspin as a target for cancer treatment, and they might find direct application as chemotherapeutic drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PLK3 in the DNA damage checkpoint and tumor suppressionWei Dai; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Motif-based elucidation of protein modification codesJONATHAN HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The development of methodology to determine the functional impact of these marks is therefore a critical requirement for future work in all areas of biomedicine. [unreadable] [unreadable]..