Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BDKRB2
Description: bradykinin receptor B2
Alias: B2R, BK-2, BK2, BKR2, BRB2, B2 bradykinin receptor, BK-2 receptor
Publications222 found, 100 shown here
- The effects of polymorphisms in genes from the renin-angiotensin, bradykinin, and fibrinolytic systems on plasma t-PA and PAI-1 levels are dependent on environmental contextFolkert W Asselbergs
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Hum Genet 122:275-81. 2007..We found strong evidence (P <or= 0.02) for interaction effects of polymorphisms from the bradykinin receptor (BDKRB2) gene and alcohol consumption on t-PA in females and males and on PAI-1 in males...
- Kinin B1 and B2 receptor expression in osteoblasts and fibroblasts is enhanced by interleukin-1 and tumour necrosis factor-alpha. Effects dependent on activation of NF-kappaB and MAP kinasesAnna Bernhold Brechter
Oral Cell Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Bone 43:72-83. 2008..These mechanisms might help to explain the enhanced bone resorption associated with inflammatory disorders, including periodontitis and rheumatoid arthritis...
- Endogenous bradykinin contributes to increased plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 antigen following hemodialysisAnnis M Marney
Division of Diabetes, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6602, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:2246-52. 2009..Factors that increase the production of bradykinin or decrease its degradation may enhance the inflammatory response to hemodialysis...
- The human bradykinin B2 receptor gene: full length cDNA, genomic organization and identification of the regulatory regionS Kammerer
Children s Hospital, Department of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Munich, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 211:226-33. 1995..By testing different putative regulatory fragments in a luciferase reporter assay, a gene activating function of the 5' upstream region of exon 1 was demonstrated...
- Structure and chromosomal localization of the gene (BDKRB2) encoding human bradykinin B2 receptorJ X Ma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425
Genomics 23:362-9. 1994The bradykinin B2 receptor (BDKRB2) has high affinity for the intact kinins, which mediate a wide spectrum of biological effects, including pain, inflammation, vasodilation, and smooth muscle contraction and relaxation...
- Human bradykinin B2 receptor: nucleotide sequence analysis and assignment to chromosome 14S J Powell
Biotechnology Department, ICI Pharmaceuticals, Macclesfield, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Genomics 15:435-8. 1993..The human bradykinin B2 receptor gene has been mapped to chromosome 14 using PCR to specifically amplify DNA from somatic cell hybrids...
- Expression cloning of a human B1 bradykinin receptorJ G Menke
Merck Research Laboratories, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biochemistry, Rahway, New Jersey 07065
J Biol Chem 269:21583-6. 1994..The amino acid sequence of the B1 bradykinin receptor is 36% identical to the amino acid sequence of the B2 bradykinin receptor. The cloned B1 bradykinin receptor expressed in mammalian cells exhibits high affinity binding for 3H-..
- Genetic variation in the promoter region of the beta2 bradykinin receptor gene is associated with essential hypertension in a Chinese Han populationB Wang
Division of Hypertension, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, PR China
Hypertens Res 24:299-302. 2001..045) and allelic frequencies (p = 0.033). These results suggested that -58C allele of the human beta2 bradykinin receptor gene may be an independent risk factor for essential hypertension in the Chinese Han population...
- The genetic factor in acute myocardial infarction with hypertensionS Aoki
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn Circ J 65:621-6. 2001..Genetic variations in the AngII and BK-B2 receptors could prove to be significant pathophysiological mechanisms affecting essential hypertension and AMI, and genetic differences appear to be a new risk factor for these conditions...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion, not bradykinin B2 receptor -58T/C gene polymorphism, associated with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor-related cough in Chinese female patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusY J Lee
Department of Clinical Research, Ping Tung Christian Hospital, Ping Tung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Metabolism 50:1346-50. 2001..In conclusion, our results indicate that Chinese diabetic female subjects are susceptible to ACEI-related cough, and this susceptibility may be genetically predetermined...
- Variation in bradykinin receptor genes increases the cardiovascular risk associated with hypertensionSukhbir S Dhamrait
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, Rayne Building, London, UK
Eur Heart J 24:1672-80. 2003..We tested whether these gene variants influenced hypertensive coronary risk in a large prospective study...
- Bradykinin receptor gene variant and human physical performanceAlun G Williams
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, UK
J Appl Physiol (1985) 96:938-42. 2004....
- Bradykinin B2 receptor gene C-58T polymorphism and insulin resistance. A study on obese patientsF Fallo
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Horm Metab Res 36:243-6. 2004The bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) gene is a candidate in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance, which often clusters with other abnormalities in metabolic syndrome...
- Lack of association of a 9 bp insertion/deletion polymorphism within the bradykinin 2 receptor gene with myocardial infarctionMarcus Fischer
Clinic for Internal Medicine 2, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Clin Sci (Lond) 107:505-11. 2004..These findings indicate that the 9 bp insertion/deletion polymorphism of the BK B2 receptor gene is neither related to the prevalence of MI nor to left ventricular function after MI...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor gene (-58T/C) polymorphism influences baroreflex sensitivity in never-treated hypertensive patientsAlberto Milan
Department of Medicine and Experimental Oncology, Hypertension Unit, University of Torino, Italy
J Hypertens 23:63-9. 2005..Recent studies suggest that about 40% of baroreflex variation, an index of cardiac autonomic control, is influenced by genetic factors...
- Relationship of bradykinin B2 receptor gene polymorphism with essential hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophyYuxiao Fu
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamada oka, Suita, Japan
Hypertens Res 27:933-8. 2004..It was recently reported that a polymorphism of the bradykinin B2 receptor gene (BDKRB2) is a genetic predisposing factor for hypertension and cardiovascular disease...
- +9/+9 Homozygosity of the bradykinin receptor gene polymorphism is associated with reduced fat-free mass in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseNicholas S Hopkinson
Respiratory Muscle Laboratory, Royal Brompton Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6NP, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 83:912-7. 2006....
- Dipsogenic genes associated with weight changes during Ironman TriathlonsColleen J Saunders
Medical Research Council of South Africa, MRC UCT Research Unit for Exercise Science and Sports Medicine, University of Cape Town, Newlands 7725, South Africa
Hum Mol Genet 15:2980-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine whether there were any associations between polymorphisms within the ACE, BDKRB2, NOS3 and/or 5-HTT genes with weight changes during the 2000 and 2001 226 km South African Ironman Triathlons...
- Epistatic effects of polymorphisms in genes from the renin-angiotensin, bradykinin, and fibrinolytic systems on plasma t-PA and PAI-1 levelsFolkert W Asselbergs
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Genomics 89:362-9. 2007..These results support the idea that the interplay between the renin-angiotensin, bradykinin, and fibrinolytic systems might play an important role in t-PA and PAI-1 biology...
- Expression of kinin B1 and B2 receptors in immature, monocyte-derived dendritic cells and bradykinin-mediated increase in intracellular Ca2+ and cell migrationCornelia M Bertram
Lung Institute of Western Australia and Centre for Asthma, Allergy and Respiratory Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
J Leukoc Biol 81:1445-54. 2007..BK, which increases the migration of immature hMo-DC in vitro, may play an important role in the migration of immature DC in noninflammatory conditions and may also be involved in the recruitment of immature DC to sites of inflammation...
- Bradykinin potentiates cytokine-induced prostaglandin biosynthesis in osteoblasts by enhanced expression of cyclooxygenase 2, resulting in increased RANKL expressionAnna Bernhold Brechter
Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 56:910-23. 2007....
- The bradykinin type 2 receptor BE1 polymorphism and ethnicity influence systolic blood pressure and vascular resistanceM M Pretorius
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:122-9. 2008..038) or during bradykinin (P=0.03). Increased SBP or vascular resistance may contribute to increased left ventricular mass reported previously in individuals with the BE1+9/+9 genotype...
- Bradykinin type 2 receptor BE1 genotype influences bradykinin-dependent vasodilation during angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitionGary P Van Guilder
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 6602, USA
Hypertension 51:454-9. 2008To test the hypothesis that the bradykinin receptor 2 (BDKRB2) BE1+9/-9 polymorphism affects vascular responses to bradykinin, we measured the effect of intra-arterial bradykinin on forearm blood flow and tissue-type plasminogen activator ..
- Role of kinin B2 receptor signaling in the recruitment of circulating progenitor cells with neovascularization potentialNicolle Krankel
Experimental Cardiovascular Medicine, Bristol Heart Institute, UK
Circ Res 103:1335-43. 2008..Reduction of BK sensitivity in progenitor cells from cardiovascular disease patients might contribute to impaired neovascularization after ischemic complications...
- Kinin b2 receptor mediates induction of cyclooxygenase-2 and is overexpressed in head and neck squamous cell carcinomasWeiping Zhang
Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1946-56. 2008..These effects were abolished by the B2 receptor (B2R) antagonist HOE140 but not by the B1 receptor (B1R) antagonist Lys-[Leu(8)]des-Arg(9)-bradykinin...
- A meta-analysis of the bradykinin B2 receptor gene --58C/T polymorphism with hypertensionWenQuan Niu
State Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
Clin Chim Acta 411:324-8. 2010Numerous studies have attempted to associate -58C/T polymorphism of bradykinin B2 receptor gene (BDKRB2) with hypertension, whereas results were often irreproducible...
- Novel effects mediated by bradykinin and pharmacological characterization of bradykinin B2 receptor antagonism in human synovial fibroblastsF Bellucci
Department of Pharmacology, Menarini Ricerche SpA, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 158:1996-2004. 2009..Here, the selective B2 receptor antagonists MEN16132 and icatibant have been pharmacologically characterized in human synovial cells...
- No association between alleles of the bradykinin receptor-B2 gene and acute mountain sicknessPei Wang
School of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 235:737-40. 2010..the in/del polymorphism +9/-9 [rs5810761] and the single-nucleotide polymorphism C--58T [rs1799722]) of BDKRB2 (the gene encoding the bradykinin receptor B2) and susceptibility to AMS in an altitude-exposed Nepalese ..
- Association and interaction of -58C>T and ±9 bp polymorphisms of BDKRB2 gene causing susceptibility to essential hypertensionCharita Bhupatiraju
Department of Genetics, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
Clin Exp Hypertens 34:230-5. 2012..Polymorphisms of bradykinin B2 receptor (BDKRB2) gene are reported to be predisposing factors for hypertension...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor-dependent enhancement of enalapril-evoked hypotension in ethanol-fed female ratsMahmoud M El-Mas
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 57:72-8. 2011..interaction between ACE and bradykinin, studies were extended to investigate the role of bradykinin receptor (B2R) in ethanol-enalapril interaction...
- Angiotensin II-induced hypertension in bradykinin B2 receptor knockout miceL Cervenka
Department of Experimental Medicine, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, 1958 9 Vídeská, 140 00 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Hypertension 37:967-73. 2001..BK B2receptor knockout (B2R-/-) and wild-type (B2R+/+) mice (22to 26 g) were infused with either saline (SAL) or Ang II (40ng/min) via an ..
- Renal protective role of bradykinin B1 receptor in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive ratsMakoto Hagiwara
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Hypertens Res 27:399-408. 2004..Although the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) has been reported to be involved in most of these effects, a role of the bradykinin B1 receptor (B1R) has also ..
- Bradykinin B2 Receptors of dendritic cells, acting as sensors of kinins proteolytically released by Trypanosoma cruzi, are critical for the development of protective type-1 responsesAna Carolina Monteiro
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
PLoS Pathog 3:e185. 2007..kinin-releasing strains of Trypanosoma cruzi through the triggering of G-protein-coupled bradykinin B2 receptors (B2R). Here we report that C57BL/6.B2R-/- mice infected intraperitoneally with T...
- The role of bradykinin B1 receptor on cardiac remodeling in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR-SP)Norihito Moniwa
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
Biol Chem 387:203-9. 2006An angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE-I) reduces cardiac remodeling and a bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) antagonist partially abolishes this ACE-I effect...
- Aspartic acid scaffold in bradykinin B1 antagonistsJózsef Huszár
Department of Medical Chemistry, University of Szeged, Dom ter 8, H 6720, Szeged, Hungary
J Pept Sci 15:423-34. 2009..None of the four most potent compounds showed significant activity on the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R), consequently they can be considered as valuable starting points for designing more potent and selective B1 ..
- Signal transduction pathways of G protein-coupled receptors and their cross-talk with receptor tyrosine kinases: lessons from bradykinin signalingC Liebmann
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Biological and Pharmaceutical Faculty and Research Group, Molecular Cell Biology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
Curr Med Chem 7:911-43. 2000..Firstly, a single class of GPCRs such as the bradykinin type 2 receptor (B2R) may couple to different classes of G proteins in a cell-specific and time-dependent manner, resulting in ..
- Tissue kallikrein and bradykinin B2 receptors in the reproductive tract of the male ratT K Monsees
Centre of Dermatology and Andrology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Andrologia 35:24-31. 2003..tKKS) within the reproductive organs of the male rat was investigated by analysing bradykinin subtype 2 receptor (B2R) gene expression and cellular distribution of B2R protein and the kinin-liberating protease tissue kallikrein (tK)...
- Segmental expression of the bradykinin type 2 receptor in rat efferent ducts and epididymis and its role in the regulation of aquaporin 9C Belleannee
Center for Systems Biology, Program in Membrane Biology Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Biol Reprod 80:134-43. 2009..on epididymal epithelial cells isolated by laser capture microdissection (LCM) showed abundant BK type 2 receptor (Bdkrb2) mRNA expression but no type 1 receptor (Bdkrb1)...
- Selective tumor blood-brain barrier opening with the kinin B2 receptor agonist [Phe(8)psi(CH(2)NH)Arg(9)]-BK in a F98 glioma rat model: an MRI studyJérôme Côté
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiobiology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada J1H 5N4
Neuropeptides 44:177-85. 2010..One approach for transporting drugs across the BBB involves the activation of bradykinin-B2 receptors (BK-B2R)...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor null mice harboring a Ser23-to-Ala substitution in the p53 gene are protected from renal dysgenesisSamir S El-Dahr
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F1404-13. 2008A physiological cross talk operates between the tumor suppressor protein p53 and the bradykinin B2 receptor (BdkrB2) during renal organogenesis...
- Cloning, sequence analysis and expression of the gene encoding the mouse bradykinin B2 receptorJ X Ma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425
Gene 149:283-8. 1994The bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) mediates most of the biological effects of kinins. In the present study, we have cloned and sequenced the gene (B2R) from a mouse embryonic stem (ES) cell genomic library...
- Employing Rhodobacter sphaeroides to functionally express and purify human G protein-coupled receptorsAnkita Roy
Department of Molecular Membrane Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Max von Laue Strasse 3, D 60438 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Biol Chem 389:69-78. 2008..adenosine A2a receptor (A2aR), the human angiotensin AT1a receptor (AT1aR) and the human bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R). Several different constructs were examined and functional production of the recombinant receptors was achieved...
- Ontogeny of bradykinin B1 receptors in the mouse kidneyOzlem Pinar Bulut
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Pediatr Res 66:519-23. 2009Kinins are vasoactive peptides that stimulate two G-protein coupled bradykinin receptors (B1R and B2R). B2R-knockout mice are salt sensitive and develop renal dysgenesis and hypertension if salt stressed during embryogenesis...
- Combinatorial control of the bradykinin B2 receptor promoter by p53, CREB, KLF-4, and CBP: implications for terminal nephron differentiationZubaida Saifudeen
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F899-909. 2005..The bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) regulates renal function and integrity, and its expression is induced during terminal nephron differentiation...
- The Bradykinin B2 receptor gene is a target of angiotensin II type 1 receptor signalingBing Shen
Department of Pediatrics, SL 37, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1140-9. 2007..It was demonstrated that the bradykinin B2 receptor gene (BdkrB2) is a direct transcriptional target of the angiotensin II (AngII) type 1 receptor (AT(1)R) in collecting duct ..
- Angiotensin II type 2 receptor-bradykinin B2 receptor functional heterodimerizationPeter M Abadir
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Hypertension 48:316-22. 2006Angiotensin II type 2 (AT2R) or bradykinin B2 (B2R) receptor activation enhances NO production. Recently, we demonstrated enhancement of NO production when AT2R and B2R are simultaneously activated in vivo...
- Expression of endogenous nuclear bradykinin B2 receptors mediating signaling in immediate early gene activationMartin Savard
Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
J Cell Physiol 216:234-44. 2008..Some evidence has suggested, however, the existence of an intracellular/nuclear B2R population. Whether these receptors are functional and contribute to BK signaling remains to be determined...
- The angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonist Losartan binds and activates bradykinin B2 receptor signalingMarie Mi Bonde
Laboratory for Molecular Cardiology, The Danish National Research Foundation Centre for Cardiac Arrhythmia, The Heart Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Juliane Mariesvej 20, section 9312, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Regul Pept 167:21-5. 2011..and some of the cardioprotective effects of Losartan are abolished by blocking the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) signaling...
- Effects of two novel non-peptide antagonists at the rabbit bradykinin B2 receptorF Marceau
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Centre de recherche du Pavillon l Hôtel Dieu de Québec, G1R 2J6, Quebec, Canada
Peptides 22:1397-402. 2001..contractility of the jugular vein, competition of [3H]BK binding to a B2 receptor-green fluorescent protein (B2R-GFP) conjugate, subcellular distribution of B2R-GFP)...
- Spatiotemporal switch from DeltaNp73 to TAp73 isoforms during nephrogenesis: impact on differentiation gene expressionZubaida Saifudeen
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Biol Chem 280:23094-102. 2005..TAp73 also activated the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) promoter, a developmentally regulated gene involved in regulation of sodium excretion...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme limits inflammation elicited by Trypanosoma cruzi cysteine proteases: a peripheral mechanism regulating adaptive immunity via the innate kinin pathwayJulio Scharfstein
Institute of Biophysics Carlos Chagas Filho, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, 21949 900 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Biol Chem 389:1015-24. 2008..endogenous danger signal that induces dendritic cell (DC) maturation via G protein-coupled bradykinin B2 receptors (B2R)...
- Bradykinin enhances reactive oxygen species generation, mitochondrial injury, and cell death induced by ATP depletion--a role of the phospholipase C-Ca(2+) pathwayWen Chih Chiang
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, No 7, Jhongshan S Rd, Taipei 10016, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 43:702-10. 2007..All these effects were reversed by coadministration with bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) antagonist...
- Structure and genomic organization of the human B1 receptor gene for kinins (BDKRB1)D R Bachvarov
Centre de recherche Université Laval, Hotel Dieu de Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, G1R 2J6, Canada
Genomics 33:374-81. 1996Two subtypes of mammalian bradykinin receptors, B1 and B2 (BDKRB1 and BDKRB2), have been defined based on their pharmacological properties...
- Blockade of bradykinin receptor B1 but not bradykinin receptor B2 provides protection from cerebral infarction and brain edemaMadeleine Austinat
Department of Neurology, Julius Maximilians University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 11, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Stroke 40:285-93. 2009..The effects of kinins are mediated by 2 different receptors (B1 and B2 receptor [B1R and B2R]) and comprise induction of edema formation and release of proinflammatory mediators.
- [Effects of human tissue kallikrein 1 gene delivery on carotid artery neointima formation after balloon angioplasty in spontaneously hypertensive rats]Hui zhen Yu
Hypertension Institution Research of Fujian, First Affiliated Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350001, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 38:67-71. 2010..To investigate the effects of human tissue kallikrein 1(Ad-hKLK1) gene delivery on the neointima formation in carotid arteries of spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRs)...
- Blockade of the kinin receptor B1 protects from autoimmune CNS disease by reducing leukocyte traffickingKerstin Göbel
Department of Neurology, University of Wuerzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 11, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
J Autoimmun 36:106-14. 2011..They increase vascular permeability and enhance inflammation by acting on distinct bradykinin receptors, B1R and B2R. We studied the expression of B1R and B2R and the effect of their inhibition on the disease course, BBB integrity ..
- The human B1 bradykinin receptor exhibits high ligand-independent, constitutive activity. Roles of residues in the fourth intracellular and third transmembrane domainsL M Leeb-Lundberg
Department of Biochemistry, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 276:8785-92. 2001..activity occurred when the fourth intracellular C-terminal domain (IC-IV) of the human B2 BK receptor subtype (B2R), which exhibits minimal constitutive activity, was substituted in either B1R or B1A(121) to make B1(B2ICIV) and B1(..
- Lack of both bradykinin B1 and B2 receptors enhances nephropathy, neuropathy, and bone mineral loss in Akita diabetic miceMasao Kakoki
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Nutrition, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10190-5. 2010..We have therefore explored the influence of lack of both bradykinin receptors (B1R and B2R) on diabetic nephropathy, neuropathy, and osteopathy in male mice heterozygous for the Akita diabetogenic mutation ..
- Selective covalent labeling of tag-fused GPCR proteins on live cell surface with a synthetic probe for their functional analysisHiroshi Nonaka
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Katsura Campus, Nishikyo ku, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 132:9301-9. 2010..The covalent labeling of tag-fused GPCRs such as bradykinin receptor (B2R) and acetylcholine receptor (m1AchR) selectively proceeded under physiological conditions during short incubation (..
- Localization of B1 bradykinin receptor mRNA in the primate brain and spinal cord: an in situ hybridization studyPaul J Shughrue
Department of Neuroscience, Merck Research Laboratories, Sumneytown Pike and Broad Street, WP26A 3000, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Comp Neurol 465:372-84. 2003The bradykinin 1 and 2 receptors (B1R, B2R) are important mediators of cardiovascular homeostasis, inflammation, and nociception...
- The cardiovascular influence of interleukin-1 beta on the expression of bradykinin B1 and B2 receptorsA Riad
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 8:222-30. 2008The cytokine interleukin 1ss (IL-1ss) and the bradykinin receptors 1 (B1R) and 2 (B2R) are known to be upregulated in the ischemic heart. In the present study we investigated whether or not there is a causal link between these entities...
- Induction of B1 receptors in streptozotocin diabetic rats: possible involvement in the control of hyperglycemia-induced glomerular Erk 1 and 2 phosphorylationMarilyne Mage
INSERMU388, Institut Louis Bugnard, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 80:328-33. 2002..a 3-week treatment with various combinations of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) and B1 and B2 bradykinin receptor (B1R and B2R) antagonists (B1A and B2A) and AT1 receptor antagonist on ERK 1 and 2 phosphorylation in ..
- Inhibition of sequestration of human B2 bradykinin receptor by phenylarsine oxide or sucrose allows determination of a receptor affinity shift and ligand dissociation in intact cellsAlexander Faussner
Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Abteilung für Klinische Chemie und Klinische Biochemie, Nussbaumstrasse 20, D 80336 MUnchen, Germany
Biol Chem 385:835-43. 2004..When sequestration of the B2 bradykinin receptor (B2R) was inhibited by either 0...
- Identification of new putative susceptibility genes for several psychiatric disorders by association analysis of regulatory and non-synonymous SNPs of 306 genes involved in neurotransmission and neurodevelopmentMonica Gratacos
CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:808-16. 2009..Remarkably, a functional SNP, rs945032, located in the promoter region of the bradykinin receptor B2 gene (BDKRB2) was associated to three disorders (panic disorder, substance abuse, and bipolar disorder), and two additional ..
- [Pain and Bradykinin Receptors--sensory transduction mechanism in the nociceptor terminals and expression change of bradykinin receptors in inflamed condition]Kazue Mizumura
Department of Neural Regulation, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya, 464 8601, Japan
Nihon Shinkei Seishin Yakurigaku Zasshi 25:33-8. 2005..In addition nociceptor sensitivity to BK was augmented in inflamed animals, with B2R mRNA and protein upregulated...
- Ten renin-angiotensin system-related gene polymorphisms in maximally treated Canadian Caucasian patients with heart failureMarcin Zakrzewski-Jakubiak
Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:742-51. 2008..It is also acknowledged that the genotype frequency of certain gene polymorphisms varies across different ethnic groups and that a difference in gene polymorphism frequencies between healthy and heart failure patients seems to exist...
- Bradykinin metabolism pathway in the rat pulmonary circulationJ B Pesquero
Department of Biophysics, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Hypertens 10:1471-8. 1992..The contribution made by different enzymes to the degradation of bradykinin in physiological conditions was estimated by examining bradykinin metabolism in rat serum, in the in situ perfused lung and in vivo...
- Maize Brittle stalk2 encodes a COBRA-like protein expressed in early organ development but required for tissue flexibility at maturityAnoop Sindhu
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2054, USA
Plant Physiol 145:1444-59. 2007The maize (Zea mays) brittle stalk2 (bk2) is a recessive mutant, the aerial parts of which are easily broken. The bk2 phenotype is developmentally regulated and appears 4 weeks after planting, at about the fifth-leaf stage...
- Regulation of cardiac bradykinin B1- and B2-receptor mRNA in experimental ischemic, diabetic, and pressure-overload-induced cardiomyopathyFrank Spillmann
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Free University of Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, D 12220 Berlin, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 2:1823-32. 2002..We have therefore investigated the bradykinin B1-receptor (B1R) and B2-receptor (B2R) mRNA expression in rat models of MI, LVH and diabetes mellitus (DM)...
- Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris requires a functional pigB for epiphytic survival and host infectionA R Poplawsky
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences, University of Idaho, Moscow 83844 2339, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 11:466-75. 1998..parent strain B-24, Tn3HoHo1 pigB insertion mutation strain B24-B2, chromosomally restored pigB mutation strain B24-B2R, and strain B24-79 with a Tn3HoHo1 insertion in an unrelated part of the genome were compared for epiphytic ..
- [High molecular weight kininogen in inflammation and angiogenesis: a review of its properties and therapeutic applications]Irma Isordia-Salas
The Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Rev Invest Clin 57:802-13. 2005..Furthermore, it has been shown that a bradykinin 2 receptor (B2R) antagonist attenuates the inflammatory changes in the same animal model...
- Influence of bradykinin B1 and B2 receptors in the immune response triggered by renal ischemia-reperfusion injuryPamella Huey Mei Wang
Laboratório de Imunologia Clínica e Experimental Division of Nephrology Universidade Federal de São Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 6:1960-5. 2006..This study was aimed to analyze the involvement of bradykinin B1 and B2 receptors (B1R and B2R) in tissue response after renal ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Bradykinin [corrected] B1 receptor antagonism is beneficial in renal ischemia-reperfusion injuryPamella H M Wang
Laboratório de Imunologia Clínica e Experimental, Division of Nephrology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 3:e3050. 2008..Herein, B1R antagonism (R-954) was able to decrease serum creatinine levels, whereas B2R antagonism had no effect...
- Chimeric molecules between keratinocyte growth factor and basic fibroblast growth factor define domains that confer receptor binding specificitiesR Reich-Slotky
Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
J Biol Chem 270:29813-8. 1995..The chimeras are designated BK1 (bFGF1-54:KGF91-194), BK2 (bFGF1-74:KGF111-194), KB1 (KGF31-90:bFGF55-155), and KB2 (KGF31-110:bFGF75-155)...
- Overexpression of bradykinin type 2 receptors on glioma cells enhances bradykinin-mediated blood-brain tumor barrier permeability increaseMikito Uchida
Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8631 West Third Street, Suite 800E, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Neurol Res 24:739-46. 2002Variations in the expression levels of bradykinin (BK) type 2 receptors (B2R) in different brain tumors may explain variable increases in BK-mediated blood-brain tumor barrier (BTB) permeability...
- B2R of bradykinin activated by proteasesPeter A Deddish
Hypertension 42:e1-2; author reply e1-2. 2003
- Multiple myeloma in a murine syngeneic model:modulation of growth and angiogenesis by a monoclonal antibody to kininogenIrma M Sainz
The Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, 3400 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 55:797-807. 2006..factor-2 (FGF-2), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), bradykinin-1 receptor (B1R), bradykinin-2 receptor (B2R) and HK...
- Autoradiographic analysis of mouse brain kinin B1 and B2 receptors after closed head trauma and ability of Anatibant mesylate to cross the blood-brain barrierBrice Ongali
Departement de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurotrauma 23:696-707. 2006..In the present study, alteration of kinin B1 and B2R after closed head trauma (CHT) and in vivo binding properties of Anatibant Ms (3 mg/kg, s.c...
- Early activation of bradykinin B2 receptor aggravates reactive oxygen species generation and renal damage in ischemia/reperfusion injuryWen Chih Chiang
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei 10016, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 41:1304-14. 2006..effects of kallikrein on ischemia/reperfusion injury were reversed by cotreatment with bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) antagonist, but not B1 receptor antagonist, and were not associated with hemodynamic changes...
- Phospholipase C and protein kinase A mediate bradykinin sensitization of TRPA1: a molecular mechanism of inflammatory painShenglan Wang
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Brain 131:1241-51. 2008..evoked by allyl isothiocyanate (AITC) or cinnamaldehyde in HEK293 cells expressing TRPA1 and bradykinin receptor 2 (B2R)...
- Simvastatin reverses cardiac hypertrophy caused by disruption of the bradykinin 2 receptorJuan C Osorio
Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 86:633-42. 2008Bradykinin 2 receptor (B2R) deficiency predisposes to cardiac hypertrophy and hypertension. The pathways mediating these effects are not known...
- Theoretical study of the human bradykinin-bradykinin B2 receptor complexArtur Gieldon
Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Institute for Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Center for Biomolecular Magnetic Resonance, Frankfurt Germany
Chembiochem 9:2487-97. 2008The interaction of bradykinin (BK) with the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) was analyzed by using molecular modeling (MM) and molecular dynamics (MD) simulations...
- Effects of angiotensin-1 converting enzyme inhibition on oxidative stress and bradykinin receptor expression during doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy in ratsCarole Richard
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie et Pharmacologie Cardiovasculaires Experimentales, IFR 100, Facultés de Médecine et Pharmacie, Dijon Cedex, France
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 52:278-85. 2008..Myocardial MCP-1 expression was higher in the D group. Cardiac kinin receptor (B1R and B2R) expression was not affected by D, yet binding sites for B2R and B1R were increased in D+P and P groups, ..
- Deletion of bradykinin B1 receptor reduces renal fibrosisPamella Huey Mei Wang
Laboratório de Imunologia Clínica e Experimental, Division of Nephrology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 9:653-7. 2009The Kallikrein-kinin system works through activation of two receptors. One constitutive, named B2 receptor (B2R) and another inducible, denominated B1 receptor (B1R)...
- The bradykinin B2 receptor mediates hypoxia/reoxygenation induced neuronal cell apoptosis through the ERK1/2 pathwayMin Tang
Department of Neurology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Neurosci Lett 450:40-4. 2009The bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) mediates many physiological processes such as hypotension, inflammation and blood-vessel permeability. Hypoxia/reoxygenation (H/R) induces neuronal cell apoptosis...
- Age-related changes in kallikreins-kinins system in rat corpus cavernosumT Wang
Department of Urology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Int J Androl 34:33-40. 2011..Tissue kallikrein-I (KLKI) and kinin B2 receptor (B2R) mRNA in CC and thoracic aorta were detected by real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR)...
- Endogenous vasoactive peptides and the human vagina--a molecular biology and functional studyHarrina E Rahardjo
Department of Urology and Urological Oncology, Division of Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Sex Med 8:35-43. 2011..While the effects of endogenous peptides on the human male erectile tissue have already been described, only very few studies have been conducted to investigate the peptidergic control of female genital tissues, including the vagina...
- Pharmacogenetic predictors of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor-induced cough: the role of ACE, ABO, and BDKRB2 genesSergi Mas
Department of Anatomic Pathology, University of Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:531-8. 2011..of the variability of the genes involved in bradykinin metabolism (ACE and XPNPEP2) and bradykinin receptors (BDKRB2)...
- Bradykinin inhibits high glucose- and growth factor-induced collagen synthesis in mesangial cells through the B2-kinin receptorNelly Blaes
INSERM U1048, Institut des Maladies Métaboliques et Cardiovasculaires I2MC, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse cedex France
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 303:F293-303. 2012..is achieved with angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI), which also favor bradykinin (BK) B2 receptor (B2R) activation...
- Pharmacological modulation of the bradykinin-induced differentiation of human lung fibroblasts: effects of budesonide and formoterolFederica Sabatini
Pulmonary Disease Unit, G Gaslini Institute, Genoa, Italy
J Asthma 49:1004-11. 2012....
- Administration of angiotensin II and a bradykinin B2 receptor blocker in midpregnancy impairs gestational outcome in guinea pigsGloria Valdes
Centro de Investigaciones Medicas, Escuela de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica, Santiago, Chile
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 12:49. 2014..as counter-regulators, circulating angiotensin II (AII) was exogenously elevated and the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) was antagonized in pregnant guinea-pigs...
- Genome-wide analysis of gestational gene-environment interactions in the developing kidneyLei Yan
Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, and the Hypertension and Renal Center of Excellence, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana and
Physiol Genomics 46:655-70. 2014The G protein-coupled bradykinin B2 receptor (Bdkrb2) plays an important role in regulation of blood pressure under conditions of excess salt intake...
- Rupatadine effectively prevents the histamine-induced up regulation of histamine H1R and bradykinin B2R receptor gene expression in the rat pawDimitra Molyva
1st Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece Electronic address
Pharmacol Rep 66:952-5. 2014..Both types of bradykinin receptors (B1R and B2R) are also known to contribute significantly to the latter and some sort of functional interaction between them and ..
- The landscape of copy number variations in Finnish families with autism spectrum disordersChakravarthi Kanduri
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, P O Box 63, 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Autism Res 9:9-16. 2016..2, 15q13.2-q13.3, 17q12, and 22q11.21. Additionally, several novel candidate genes (BDKRB1, BDKRB2, AP2M1, SPTA1, PTH1R, CYP2E1, PLCD3, F2RL1, UQCRC2, LILRB3, RPS9, and COL11A2) were identified through gene ..
- Novel signaling of dynorphin at κ-opioid receptor/bradykinin B2 receptor heterodimersBingyuan Ji
School of Life Science, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian 271018, PR China Neurobiology Institute, Jining Medical University, Jining 272067, PR China
Cell Signal . 2017The κ-opioid receptor (KOR) and bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) are involved in a variety of important physiological processes and share many similar characteristics in terms of their distribution and functions in the nervous system...
- Correlations in palmitoylation and multiple phosphorylation of rat bradykinin B2 receptor in Chinese hamster ovary cellsV Soskic
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology e V, 07745 Jena, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:8539-45. 1999....
- The Bradykinin B2 receptor is required for full expression of renal COX-2 and reninJohn D Imig
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, Vascular Biology Center, Augusta, GA 30912 2500, USA
Peptides 24:1141-7. 2003..To test this hypothesis, we examined the impact of bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) gene disruption in mice on kidney COX-2 and renin gene expression...
- Immunolocalization and expression of kinin B1R and B2R receptors in human inflammatory bowel diseaseAntoni Stadnicki
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 289:G361-6. 2005..Thus bradykinin receptors in IBD may reflect intestinal inflammation. Increased B(1)R gene and protein expression in active IBD provides a structural basis of the important role of bradykinin in chronic inflammation...
- Activated EGF receptor may balance ERK-inhibitory network signalling pathwaysSabine Hanke
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Biological and Pharmaceutical Faculty, Friedrich Schiller University, Philosophenweg 12, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Cell Signal 18:1031-40. 2006..In contrast, co-stimulation of either beta2-AR or B2R with EGFR leads to synergistic activation of ERK...
- Angiotensin II type 2 receptor expression after vascular injury: differing effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition and angiotensin receptor blockadeThomas A Barker
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Hypertension 48:942-9. 2006..valsartan and the ACE inhibitor benazepril require AT2R signaling through the bradykinin 1 and 2 receptors (B1R and B2R)...
- Inhibition of human and rabbit arterial smooth muscle cell migration mediated by the kinin B1 receptor: role of receptor density and released mediatorsGuillaume Morissette
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie T1 49, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, Quebec, QC G1V 4G2, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 84:1107-19. 2006..The effect of the B1R agonist on motility was abrogated by a B1R antagonist, B-9858, but not by the B2R antagonist Hoe 140; a peptidase-resistant B2R agonist, [Phe8Psi(CH2-NH)-Arg9]BK, had a marginal or no effect on ..
- BRADYKININ IN CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASEHaralambos Gavras; Fiscal Year: 2006The purpose of this application is to continue studies on the role of each of the two bradykinin receptors, B1R and B2R, in cardiovascular diseases...
- Bruce L Zuraw; Fiscal Year: 2014..actions in both experimental animals and human asthmatic subjects, mice lacking the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) exhibit enhanced bronchial hyperresponsiveness, inflammation, and airway remodeling in the OVA model of allergic ..
- Samir S El-Dahr; Fiscal Year: 2014..We previously demonstrated that bradykinin B2 receptor-null (BdkrB2-/-) embryos exposed to gestational salt stress develop renal dysgenesis as a result of p53-mediated apoptosis of ..
- CHIH CHANG KEVIN WEI; Fiscal Year: 2014..BK through activation of the kallikrein/kinin system and BK2 receptor prevents fibrosis and decreases blood pressure in cardiovascular and renal disease (3)...
- Innate Immunity in Experimental Arthritis of KininogenRobert Colman; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will examine the role of HKa and bradykinin using knockouts of their binding proteins, uPAR and B2R, in murine arthritis and systemic inflammation...
- Structure and Function of CarboxypeptidasesRandal A Skidgel; Fiscal Year: 2013..disruption of CPM/B1R interaction will attenuate B1R-mediated endothelial barrier damage in response to B2R agonist. We will determine: (i) G-protein coupling mediated by CPM interaction with the B1R vs. agonist binding...
- An Artificial Myocardium for Pediatric SupportRobert Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2003..device will be for temporary use either to allow myocardial healing and/or recovery (so-called bridge-to-recovery (B2R)), or to provide adequate blood flow in patients suffering from irreversible heart failure while awaiting heart ..
- ANGIOTENSIN II AND BRADYKININ IN CARDIAC HYPERTROPHYLOUIS DELL ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2007..ECM degradation persisted and ISF BK (10) and LV BK2 and LV fibroblast AT2 receptor expression were increased during VO...
- Histone Deacetylases and Kidney DevelopmentSamir S El Dahr; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, understanding the epigenetic regulation of kidney development may open new avenues to the treatment or prevention of kidney and urinary tract malformations and kidney failure. ..
- PLASMA PROTEIN PHENOTYPING OF PROTHROMBOTIC MICEAlvin Schmaier; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies could serve as a basis for the development of a global assay(s) to predict the prothrombotic state in man. (End of Abstract.) ..
- Activation of Bradykinin B2 Receptor by KallikreinERVIN ERDOS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Receptor activation will be assessed by measuring arachidonic acid release, ..
- Thrombostatin-A Thrombin Receptor InhibitorAlvin Schmaier; Fiscal Year: 2006..Second, the preparation of an IND application for its human use for one indication will be achieved. Thrombostatin(tm) has the opportunity to be a first-in-its-class thrombin receptor activation antagonist. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic risk factors for Sudden Cardiac DeathNona Sotoodehnia; Fiscal Year: 2007....