Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BCOR
Description: BCL6 corepressor
Alias: ANOP2, MAA2, MCOPS2, BCL-6 corepressor, BCL-6 interacting corepressor
Publications105 found, 100 shown here
- BCoR, a novel corepressor involved in BCL-6 repressionK D Huynh
Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Genes Dev 14:1810-23. 2000..Here we identify and characterize a novel corepressor BCoR (BCL-6 interacting corepressor), which is expressed ubiquitously in human tissues...
- The mixed lineage leukemia fusion partner AF9 binds specific isoforms of the BCL-6 corepressorR Sathish Srinivasan
1Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Oncogene 22:3395-406. 2003..We have found that a recently described transcriptional repressor, BCL-6 corepressor (BCoR), interacts with the carboxy-terminus of AF9...
- Oculofaciocardiodental and Lenz microphthalmia syndromes result from distinct classes of mutations in BCORDavid Ng
Genetic Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 36:411-6. 2004..Two loci associated with this syndrome, MAA (microphthalmia with associated anomalies) and MAA2, are situated respectively at Xq27-q28 (refs. 1,2) and Xp11.4-p21.2 (ref. 3)...
- Novel mutations in BCOR in three patients with oculo-facio-cardio-dental syndrome, but none in Lenz microphthalmia syndromeDenise Horn
Institut fur Medizinische Genetik, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 13:563-9. 2005..Mutations in BCOR (BCL6 co-repressor) located in Xp11.4 have been described to cause OFCD syndrome...
- Transcriptional activity of Sp1 is regulated by molecular interactions between the zinc finger DNA binding domain and the inhibitory domain with corepressors, and this interaction is modulated by MEKJung Ahn Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, BK21 Project for Medical Science, Institute of Genetic Science, Yonsei University School of Medicine, 134, Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon ku, Seoul, 120 752
J Biol Chem 280:28061-71. 2005..assays showed that Sp1ZFDBD and Sp1ID are able to interact with corepressor proteins such as SMRT, NcoR, and BCoR. The molecular interactions appear to be regulated by MAP kinase/Erk kinase kinase (MEK)...
- Polycomb group and SCF ubiquitin ligases are found in a novel BCOR complex that is recruited to BCL6 targetsMicah D Gearhart
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, 6 160 Jackson Hall, 321 Church Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:6880-9. 2006The corepressor BCOR potentiates transcriptional repression by the proto-oncoprotein BCL6 and suppresses the transcriptional activity of a common mixed-lineage leukemia fusion partner, AF9...
- Structure of a BCOR corepressor peptide in complex with the BCL6 BTB domain dimerAlexandru F Ghetu
Division of Cancer Genomics and Proteomics, Ontario Cancer Institute, 101 College Street, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7, Canada
Mol Cell 29:384-91. 2008The transcriptional corepressors BCOR, SMRT, and NCoR are known to bind competitively to the BCL6 BTB domain despite the fact that BCOR has no detectable sequence similarity to the other two corepressors...
- Proto-oncogene FBI-1 (Pokemon/ZBTB7A) represses transcription of the tumor suppressor Rb gene via binding competition with Sp1 and recruitment of co-repressorsBu Nam Jeon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University School of Medicine, 134, Shinchon dong, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 283:33199-210. 2008..FBI-1 inhibits C2C12 myoblast cell differentiation by repressing Rb gene expression...
- A family of oculofaciocardiodental syndrome (OFCD) with a novel BCOR mutation and genomic rearrangements involving NHSYukiko Kondo
Department of Human Genetics, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
J Hum Genet 57:197-201. 2012..Mutations in BCOR (encoding BCL-6-interacting corepressor) cause OFCD...
- Expression and distribution of sialic acid influenza virus receptors in wild birdsM Franca
Department of Pathology, University of Georgia, 501 DW Brooks Drive, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Avian Pathol 42:60-71. 2013..Two isoforms of Maackia amurensis (MAA) lectin, MAA1 and MAA2, were used to detect α2,3-linked SA, and Sambucus nigra lectin was used to detect α2,6-linked SA...
- Probing phosphorylation-dependent protein interactions within functional domains of histone deacetylase 5 (HDAC5)Amanda J Guise
Princeton University, Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton, NJ, USA
Proteomics 14:2156-66. 2014..transcription as components of multiprotein complexes, such as the nuclear corepressor and beclin-6 corepressor (BCoR) complexes. Cytoplasmic relocalization relieves this transcriptional repressive function...
- Genetic alterations of the cohesin complex genes in myeloid malignanciesSwapna Thota
Translational Hematology and Oncology Research, Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Blood 124:1790-8. 2014..Cohesin mutations were significantly associated with RUNX1, Ras-family oncogenes, and BCOR and ASXL1 mutations and were most prevalent in high-risk MDS and secondary AML...
- Interferon regulatory factor 8 (IRF8) interacts with the B cell lymphoma 6 (BCL6) corepressor BCORJeongheon Yoon
From the Laboratory of Immunogenetics, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852 and
J Biol Chem 289:34250-7. 2014B cell lymphoma 6 (BCL6) corepressor (BCOR) was discovered as a BCL6-interacting corepressor, but little is known about its other biological activities in normal B cell development and function...
- BCOR-CCNB3 fusions are frequent in undifferentiated sarcomas of male childrenTricia L Peters
1 Department of Pathology, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA 2 Department of Pathology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Mod Pathol 28:575-86. 2015The BCOR-CCNB3 fusion gene, resulting from a chromosome X paracentric inversion, was recently described in translocation-negative 'Ewing-like' sarcomas arising in bone and soft tissue...
- Characterization of gene mutations and copy number changes in acute myeloid leukemia using a rapid target enrichment protocolNiccolò Bolli
Cancer Genome Project, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge, UK Department of Haematology, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Haematologica 100:214-22. 2015..Consequently, we were able to detect copy number changes, such as an interstitial deletion of BCOR, three MLL partial tandem duplications, and a novel KRAS amplification...
- [Ewing/PNET sarcoma family of tumors: towards a new paradigm?]Caroline Renard
Département de biopathologie, Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 8, France Electronic address
Ann Pathol 35:86-97. 2015..cases with EWS-non ETS partners are extremely rare, but there are more important groups which are CIC-DUX4 and BCOR-CCNB3 translocation-positive sarcomas...
- Acute myeloid leukemia ontogeny is defined by distinct somatic mutationsR Coleman Lindsley
Department of Medical Oncology, Division of Hematological Malignancies
Blood 125:1367-76. 2015..The presence of a mutation in SRSF2, SF3B1, U2AF1, ZRSR2, ASXL1, EZH2, BCOR, or STAG2 was >95% specific for the diagnosis of s-AML...
- Cutting edge: Bcl6-interacting corepressor contributes to germinal center T follicular helper cell formation and B cell helper functionJessica A Yang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Immunology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455 and
J Immunol 194:5604-8. 2015..We determined whether BCOR, a component of a Polycomb repressive complex that interacts with the Bcl6 BTB domain, influences GC-Tfh ..
- Screening of BCOR-CCNB3 sarcoma using immunohistochemistry for CCNB3: A clinicopathological report of three pediatric casesTakahiro Shibayama
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Pathol Int 65:410-4. 2015b>BCOR-CCNB3 sarcoma is a recently recognized tumor morphologically and clinically simulating Ewing sarcoma...
- Epstein-Barr Virus-Associated Gastric Carcinoma: Use of Host Cell Machineries and Somatic Gene MutationsHiroyuki Abe
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Pathobiology 82:212-23. 2015..harbors particular gene alterations, including a high frequency of mutations in PIK3CA and ARID1A, mutation in BCOR, and amplification of PD-L1 and PD-L2...
- BCOR internal tandem duplication and YWHAE-NUTM2B/E fusion are mutually exclusive events in clear cell sarcoma of the kidneyJenny Karlsson
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 55:120-3. 2016..One is a fusion of YWHAE and NUTM2B/E, the other is an internal tandem duplication (ITD) in the BCOR gene...
- Recurrent internal tandem duplications of BCOR in clear cell sarcoma of the kidneyAngshumoy Roy
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Commun 6:8891. 2015The X-linked BCL-6 co-repressor (BCOR) gene encodes a key constituent of a variant polycomb repressive complex (PRC) that is mutated or translocated in human cancers...
- The variant Polycomb Repressor Complex 1 component PCGF1 interacts with a pluripotency sub-network that includes DPPA4, a regulator of embryogenesisGiorgio Oliviero
School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Sci Rep 5:18388. 2015..PCGF1 is a component of a variant PRC1 complex that also contains the BCL6 co-repressor BCOR and the histone demethylase KDM2B...
- Novel BCOR-MAML3 and ZC3H7B-BCOR Gene Fusions in Undifferentiated Small Blue Round Cell SarcomasKatja Specht
Department of Pathology, Technische Universität München Children s Cancer Research Center and Department of Pediatrics, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universität München Comprehensive Cancer Center Munich CCCM, Munich, Germany Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA Department of Pathology, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA Department of Pathology, Royal Orthopaedic, Birmingham, UK
Am J Surg Pathol 40:433-42. 2016..of EWSR1-negative SBRCTs are associated with CIC-DUX4-related fusions, whereas another small subset shows BCOR-CCNB3 X-chromosomal paracentric inversion...
- BCOR regulates myeloid cell proliferation and differentiationQ Cao
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Leukemia 30:1155-65. 2016b>BCOR is a component of a variant Polycomb group repressive complex 1 (PRC1). Recently, we and others reported recurrent somatic BCOR loss-of-function mutations in myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myelogenous leukemia (AML)...
- Evaluation of NKX2-2 expression in round cell sarcomas and other tumors with EWSR1 rearrangement: imperfect specificity for Ewing sarcomaYin P Hung
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Mod Pathol 29:370-80. 2016..sections from 270 cases: 40 Ewing sarcomas (4 with atypical/large cell features), 20 CIC-DUX4 sarcomas, 5 BCOR-CCNB3 sarcomas, 9 unclassified round cell sarcomas, 10 poorly differentiated synovial sarcomas, 10 lymphoblastic ..
- Genes encoding members of the JAK-STAT pathway or epigenetic regulators are recurrently mutated in T-cell prolymphocytic leukaemiaCristina Lopez
Institute for Human Genetics, Christian Albrechts University Kiel and University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Br J Haematol 173:265-73. 2016..we identified mutations in the genes encoding the epigenetic regulators EZH2 in 13% (3/23), TET2 in 17% (4/23) and BCOR in 9% (2/23) of the cases...
- New Brain Tumor Entities Emerge from Molecular Classification of CNS-PNETsDominik Sturm
Division of Pediatric Neurooncology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany German Cancer Consortium DKTK Core Center Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology, and Immunology, Heidelberg University Hospital, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cell 164:1060-72. 2016..neuroepithelial tumor with MN1 alteration (CNS HGNET-MN1)," and "CNS high-grade neuroepithelial tumor with BCOR alteration (CNS HGNET-BCOR)," will enable meaningful clinical trials and the development of therapeutic strategies ..
- Mutually exclusive BCOR internal tandem duplications and YWHAE-NUTM2 fusions in clear cell sarcoma of kidney: not the full storyColin Kenny
The National Children s Research Centre, Oncology Division, Gate 5, Our Lady s Children s Hospital, Crumlin, Dublin 12, Ireland
J Pathol 238:617-20. 2016Internal tandem duplication within the BCOR gene sequence that encodes the PUFD domain, important in the formation of the non-canonical or variant polycomb repressor complex 1 (v-PRC1), was very recently described in 100% of 20 clear cell ..
- Genetics of Bladder Malignant Tumors in ChildhoodAndrea Zangari
Azienda Ospedaliera San Camillo Forlanini, Roma, Italy
Curr Genomics 17:14-32. 2016..Ptch1, Gli1, Gli3, Myf5, MyoD1, NF1, NRAS, KRAS, HRAS, FGFR4, PIK3CA, CTNNB1, FBXW7, IGF1R, PDGFRA, ERBB2/4, MET, BCOR. Malignant rhabdoid tumor (MRT) usually shows SMARCB1/INI1 alterations...
- Clinical significance of acquired somatic mutations in aplastic anaemiaJ C W Marsh
Department of Haematological Medicine, King s College Hospital London and King s College London, Denmark Hill, London, SE59RS, UK
Int J Hematol 104:159-67. 2016..SM, such as ASXL1 and DNMT3A are associated with poor survival following immunosuppressive therapy, whereas PIGA, BCOR/BCORL1 predict for good response and survival...
- Clonal hematopoiesis in acquired aplastic anemiaSeishi Ogawa
Department of Pathology and Tumor Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Blood 128:337-47. 2016..represented by mutations involving genes commonly mutated in myeloid malignancies, including DNMT3A, ASXL1, and BCOR/BCORL1 Mutations exhibit distinct chronological profiles and clinical impacts...
- Somatic genomic alterations in retinoblastoma beyond RB1 are rare and limited to copy number changesIrsan E Kooi
Department of Clinical Genetics, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sci Rep 6:25264. 2016..Aside from RB1, recurrent gene mutations were very rare. Only a limited fraction of tumors showed BCOR (7/71, 10%) or CREBBP alterations (3/71, 4%). No evidence was found for the presence of viruses...
- Whole-exome sequencing reveals the spectrum of gene mutations and the clonal evolution patterns in paediatric acute myeloid leukaemiaNorio Shiba
Department of Haematology Oncology, Gunma Children s Medical Centre, Shibukawa, Japan
Br J Haematol 175:476-489. 2016..genes [STAG2, RAD21 and SMC3 in 17 patients (8·3%)], epigenetic regulators [ASXL1/ASXL2 in 17 patients (8·3%), BCOR/BCORL1 in 7 patients (3·4%)] and signalling molecules. We also performed WES in four patients with relapsed AML...
- Expanding the molecular signature of ossifying fibromyxoid tumors with two novel gene fusions: CREBBP-BCORL1 and KDM2A-WWTR1Yu Chien Kao
Department of Pathology, Shuang Ho Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 56:42-50. 2017..Recurrent gene fusions involving either PHF1 or BCOR have been found in 85% of OFMT, including typical and malignant examples...
- ETV4 is a useful marker for the diagnosis of CIC-rearranged undifferentiated round-cell sarcomas: a study of 127 cases including mimicking lesionsSophie Le Guellec
Department of Pathology, Institut Claudius Regaud, Institut Universitaire du Cancer Toulouse Oncopole, Toulouse, France
Mod Pathol 29:1523-1531. 2016..rhabdomyosarcomas, 20 poorly differentiated round-cell synovial sarcomas, 10 desmoplastic round-cell tumors, 5 BCOR-CCNB3 sarcomas, 5 lymphoblastic lymphomas, and 2 rhabdoid tumors...
- Behaviour of fouling-related components in an enhanced membrane bioreactor using marine activated sludgeSongwen Tan
Department of Environmental Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology Weihai, Weihai 264209, China School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The University of Sydney, Sydney 2006, Australia
Bioresour Technol 220:401-6. 2016..in an enhanced mesoporous membrane bioreactor (MBR) system integrated with a biological contact oxidation reactor (BCOR)...
- Novel High-grade Endometrial Stromal Sarcoma: A Morphologic Mimicker of Myxoid LeiomyosarcomaLien N Hoang
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Gynecologic Medical Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY Department of Pathology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
Am J Surg Pathol 41:12-24. 2017..All 3 ESS were found to harbor ZC3H7B-BCOR gene fusions by targeted sequencing and fluorescence in situ hybridization...
- Biodegradation of saline phenolic wastewater in a biological contact oxidation reactor with immobilized cells of Oceanimonas spSongwen Tan
Department of Environmental Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology Weihai, Weihai, 264209, China
Biotechnol Lett 39:91-96. 2017To develop a method to treat saline phenolic wastewater in a biological contact oxidation reactor (BCOR) with immobilized cells of a marine microorganism, Oceanimonas sp., isolated from seawater.
- Mutational landscape of uterine and ovarian carcinosarcomas implicates histone genes in epithelial-mesenchymal transitionSiming Zhao
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510 Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:12238-12243. 2016..genes previously identified in uterine and ovarian carcinomas such as TP53, PIK3CA, PPP2R1A, KRAS, PTEN, CHD4, and BCOR, we found an excess of mutations in genes encoding histone H2A and H2B, as well as significant amplification of the ..
- Discovery of high-affinity BCL6-binding peptide and its structure-activity relationshipKotaro Sakamoto
Pharmaceutical Research Division, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, 26 1, Muraoka Higashi 2 chome, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 251 8555, Japan Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 482:310-316. 2017B cell lymphoma 6 (BCL6) is a transcriptional repressor that interacts with its corepressors BcoR and SMRT...
- BCOR upregulation in a poorly differentiated synovial sarcoma with SS18L1-SSX1 fusion-A pathologic and molecular pitfallYu Chien Kao
Department of Pathology, Shuang Ho Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer . 2016..Particularly relevant is the histologic overlap and shared BCOR overexpression between a subset of SS and URCS with various BCOR genetic abnormalities...
- The complexity of interpreting genomic data in patients with acute myeloid leukemiaA Nazha
Leukemia Program and Department of Translational Hematology and Oncology Research, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Blood Cancer J 6:e510. 2016..Overall, mutations in FLT3, DNMT3A, NPM1 and IDH2 were more specific for pAML whereas UTAF1, STAG2, BCORL1, BCOR, EZH2, JAK2, CBL, PRPF8, SF3B1, ASXL1 and DHX29 were more specific for sAML...
- Recent advances in understanding clonal haematopoiesis in aplastic anaemiaNatasha Stanley
Comprehensive Bone Marrow Failure Center, Division of Hematology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Br J Haematol . 2017..lacking glycophosphotidylinositol-anchored proteins, loss of human leucocyte antigen alleles, and mutations in BCOR/BCORL1, ASXL1 and DNMT3A...
- Molecular cytogenetic characterization of an ins(4;X) occurring as the sole abnormality in an aggressive, poorly differentiated soft tissue sarcomaCecilia Surace
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85, Lund, Sweden
Virchows Arch 447:869-74. 2005..The breakpoint in Xp11 was mapped within a BAC clone containing BCOR, encoding a BCL6 (B-cell lymphoma 6)-interacting protein that may influence apoptosis, as the only known gene...
- KR-POK interacts with p53 and represses its ability to activate transcription of p21WAF1/CDKN1ABu Nam Jeon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Severance Institute of Biomedical Science, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Res 72:1137-48. 2012..Kr-pok also interacted with the transcriptional corepressors NCoR and BCoR, acting to repress histone H3 and H4 deacetylation at the proximal promoter region of the CDKN1A gene...
- Human gene copy number spectra analysis in congenital heart malformationsAoy Tomita-Mitchell
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Physiol Genomics 44:518-41. 2012..05) for losses at: FKBP6, ELN, GTF2IRD1, GATA4, CRKL, TBX1, ATRX, GPC3, BCOR, ZIC3, FLNA and MID1; and gains at: PRKAB2, FMO5, CHD1L, BCL9, ACP6, GJA5, HRAS, GATA6 and RUNX1...
- A new subtype of bone sarcoma defined by BCOR-CCNB3 gene fusionGaelle Pierron
Institut Curie, Unité de Génétique Somatique Centre Hospitalier, Paris, France
Nat Genet 44:461-6. 2012..A new fusion was observed between BCOR (encoding the BCL6 co-repressor) and CCNB3 (encoding the testis-specific cyclin B3) on the X chromosome...
- Ring1a/b polycomb proteins regulate the mesenchymal stem cell niche in continuously growing incisorsPuangwan Lapthanasupkul
Department of Craniofacial Development, Dental Institute, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 367:140-53. 2012..core Polycomb repressive complex1 (PRC1) components that have recently also been found in a protein complex with BcoR (Bcl-6 interacting corepressor) and Fbxl10...
- Clinical, immunophenotypic, cytogenetic, and molecular genetic features in 117 adult patients with mixed-phenotype acute leukemia defined by WHO-2008 classificationLingzhi Yan
Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, Key Laboratory of Thrombosis and Hemostasis of Ministry of Health, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, PR China
Haematologica 97:1708-12. 2012..revealed genomic deletions of CDKN2A (4 of 12), IKZF1 (3 of 12), MEF2C (2 of 12), BTG1 (2 of 12), together with BCOR, EBF1, K-RAS, LEF1, MBNL1, PBX3, and RUNX1 (one of 12 each)...
- Retinoblastoma tumorigenesis: genetic and epigenetic changes walk hand in handPetra Temming
Eye Oncogenetics Research Group, Department of Human Genetics, Essen, Germany
Future Oncol 8:525-8. 2012..samples, the retinoblastoma genome was found to be remarkably stable genetically, although recurrent mutations in BCOR were identified in 13% of patients...
- Medulloblastoma exome sequencing uncovers subtype-specific somatic mutationsTrevor J Pugh
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 488:106-10. 2012..gene, DDX3X, often concurrent with CTNNB1 mutations, and in the nuclear co-repressor (N-CoR) complex genes GPS2, BCOR and LDB1...
- Oculo-facio-cardio-dental syndrome in three succeeding generations: genotypic data and phenotypic featuresB Lozić
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Split, Split, Croatia
Braz J Med Biol Res 45:1315-9. 2012..OFCD syndrome is caused by heterozygous mutations in the BCOR gene, located in Xp11.4, encoding the BCL6 co-repressor...
- Demethylation of epiregulin gene by histone demethylase FBXL11 and BCL6 corepressor inhibits osteo/dentinogenic differentiationJuan Du
Laboratory of Molecular Signaling and Stem Cells Therapy, Capital Medical University School of Stomatology, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Stem Cells 31:126-36. 2013....
- Genome-wide association studies of pit-and-fissure- and smooth-surface caries in permanent dentitionZ Zeng
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Dent Res 92:432-7. 2013..Two homologous genes were suggestively associated: BCOR (Xp11.4) in PF-surface caries (p value = 1.8E-7), and BCORL1 (Xq26.1) in SM-surface caries (p value = 1.0E-5)...
- Structure of the polycomb group protein PCGF1 in complex with BCOR reveals basis for binding selectivity of PCGF homologsSarah E Junco
Department of Biochemistry and CTRC, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, MSC 7760, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3990, USA
Structure 21:665-71. 2013..Here, we identify a protein interaction domain in BCL6 corepressor, BCOR, which binds the RING finger- and WD40-associated ubiquitin-like (RAWUL) domain of PCGF1 (NSPC1) and PCGF3 but not ..
- The proto-oncoprotein FBI-1 interacts with MBD3 to recruit the Mi-2/NuRD-HDAC complex and BCoR and to silence p21WAF/CDKN1A by DNA methylationWon Il Choi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, BK21 Project for Medical Science, Severance Biomedical Research Institute, Yonsei University School of Medicine, 50 Yonsei ro, Seodaemoon Gu, Seoul, 120 752, Korea
Nucleic Acids Res 41:6403-20. 2013..receptor corepressor (NCoR), silencing mediator for retinoid and thyroid receptors (SMRT) and BCL-6 corepressor (BCoR) to repress transcription. MBD3 regulates a molecular interaction between the co-repressor and FBI-1...
- Bcl6a function is required during optic cup formation to prevent p53-dependent apoptosis and colobomataJiwoon Lee
Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Hum Mol Genet 22:3568-82. 2013Mutations in BCOR (Bcl6 corepressor) are found in patients with oculo-facio-cardio-dental (OFCD) syndrome, a congenital disorder affecting visual system development, and loss-of-function studies in zebrafish and Xenopus demonstrate a role ..
- Carbohydrate determinants in ferret conjunctiva are affected by infection with influenza H1N1 virusSvend Kirkeby
Health Science Faculty, Department of Oral Medicine, Dental School, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Curr Eye Res 38:1027-35. 2013..The virus may attach not only to the epithelium in the airways, but also to the surface ocular epithelium...
- Prenatal diagnosis of X-linked recessive Lenz microphthalmia syndromeNobuhiro Suzumori
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya Division of Clinical and Molecular Genetics, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 39:1545-7. 2013..In 2004, it was reported that the missense mutation (BCL-6 co-repressor gene [BCOR] c.254C>T, p.P85L) in a single family with Lenz microphthalmia syndrome co-segregated with the disease phenotype...
- Depletion of histone demethylase KDM2A enhanced the adipogenic and chondrogenic differentiation potentials of stem cells from apical papillaRui Dong
Laboratory of Molecular Signaling and Stem Cells Therapy, Beijing Key Laboratory of Tooth Regeneration and Function Reconstruction, Capital Medical University School of Stomatology, Beijing 100050, China
Exp Cell Res 319:2874-82. 2013..Moreover, we found that knock-down of the KDM2A co-factor, BCOR also up-regulated the mRNA levels of SOX2 and NANOG...
- A hybrid mechanism of action for BCL6 in B cells defined by formation of functionally distinct complexes at enhancers and promotersKaterina Hatzi
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell Rep 4:578-88. 2013..These are (1) the formation of a unique ternary BCOR-SMRT complex at promoters, with each corepressor binding to symmetrical sites on BCL6 homodimers linked to specific ..
- Identification of a novel, recurrent MBTD1-CXorf67 fusion in low-grade endometrial stromal sarcomaBarbara Dewaele
Department of Human Genetics, KU Leuven and University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Cancer 134:1112-22. 2014..In conventional low-grade ESS, JAZF1-SUZ12, PHF1-JAZF1, EPC1-PHF1 and MEAF6-PHF1, and recently described ZC3H7-BCOR chimeric fusions have been reported in > 50% of cases...
- Genome-wide shRNA screening to identify factors mediating Gata6 repression in mouse embryonic stem cellsSarah Cooper
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QU, UK
Development 140:4110-5. 2013..We identified the protein Bcor, which is known to associate in complexes with the Polycomb protein Ring1B, and verified its importance in Gata6 ..
- BCOR and BCORL1 mutations in myelodysplastic syndromes and related disordersFrederik Damm
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Blood 122:3169-77. 2013..Using whole-exome sequencing of an MDS patient, we identified a somatic mutation in the BCOR gene also mutated in AML. Sequencing of BCOR and related BCORL1 genes in a cohort of 354 MDS patients identified 4...
- Overexpression of the transcriptional repressor complex BCL-6/BCoR leads to nuclear aggregates distinct from classical aggresomesElisabeth Buchberger
Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital, Vienna, Austria
PLoS ONE 8:e76845. 2013..Here, we report that two components of a transcriptional repressor complex (BCL-6 and BCoR) of wildtype amino acid sequence can independently or jointly induce the formation of nuclear aggregates when ..
- Bioaugmentation of biological contact oxidation reactor (BCOR) with phenol-degrading bacteria for coal gasification wastewater (CGW) treatmentFang Fang
State Key Laboratory of Urban Water Resource and Environment, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150090, China
Bioresour Technol 150:314-20. 2013This study was conducted to evaluate the performance of the biological contact oxidation reactor (BCOR) treating coal gasification wastewater (CGW) after augmented with phenol degrading bacteria (PDB)...
- Round cell sarcomas beyond Ewing: emerging entitiesCristina Antonescu
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Histopathology 64:26-37. 2014..A small number of cases sharing the undifferentiated EFT appearance have been characterized recently carrying BCOR-CCNB3 or CIC-DUX4 fusions...
- Protection of rats against Mycoplasma arthritidis-induced arthritis by active and passive immunizations with two surface antigensL R Washburn
Department of Microbiology, University of South Dakota School of Medicine, Vermillion 57069 2390, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 4:321-7. 1997We previously identified two surface-exposed Mycoplasma arthritidis protein antigens, designated MAA1 and MAA2, that may be involved in cytadherence...
- Molecular characterization of Mycoplasma arthritidis variable surface protein MAA2L R Washburn
Department of Microbiology, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota 57069, USA
Infect Immun 66:2576-86. 1998Earlier studies implied a role for Mycoplasma arthritidis surface protein MAA2 in cytadherence and virulence and showed that it exhibited both size and phase variability...
- The forkhead transcription factor AFX activates apoptosis by induction of the BCL-6 transcriptional repressorTracy Tzu Ling Tang
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 277:14255-65. 2002..Finally, macrophages isolated from BCL-6-/- mice show enhanced survival in vitro. These results suggest that AFX regulates apoptosis in part by suppressing the levels of anti-apoptotic BCL-XL through the transcriptional repressor BCL-6...
- Genetic heterogeneity of syndromic X-linked recessive microphthalmia-anophthalmia: is Lenz microphthalmia a single disorder?David Ng
Medical Genetics Branch, NHGRI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4472, USA
Am J Med Genet 110:308-14. 2002..In addition, it suggests that Lenz microphthalmia syndrome, previously thought to be a single disorder, may represent an amalgam of two distinct disorders...
- Specific peptide interference reveals BCL6 transcriptional and oncogenic mechanisms in B-cell lymphoma cellsJose M Polo
Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Nat Med 10:1329-35. 2004..The interface through which the BCL6 BTB domain mediates recruitment of the SMRT, NCoR and BCoR corepressors was recently identified...
- Case reports of oculofaciocardiodental syndrome with unusual dental findingsSnehlata Oberoi
University of California, San Francisco, Center for Craniofacial Anomalies, San Francisco, California 94122, USA
Am J Med Genet A 136:275-7. 2005..We also review previous patients. The syndrome is caused by mutations in the BCOR gene, which maps to Xp11.4. Mutational analysis in one of our patients showed a deletion of a single nucleotide, c...
- A two base pair deletion in the PQBP1 gene is associated with microphthalmia, microcephaly, and mental retardationIsabel Martinez-Garay
Unidad de Genetica, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Eur J Hum Genet 15:29-34. 2007..4 and Xq12, including the BCOR gene...
- Proteomics analysis of Ring1B/Rnf2 interactors identifies a novel complex with the Fbxl10/Jhdm1B histone demethylase and the Bcl6 interacting corepressorCarmen Sanchez
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas CSIC, Ramiro de Maeztu 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:820-34. 2007..We found that histone demethylases LSD1/Aof2 and Fbxl10/Jhdm1B, casein kinase subunits, and the BcoR corepressor were among the new interactors identified...
- Characterization of Bcor expression in mouse developmentJoseph A Wamstad
Molecular, Cellular, Developmental Biology and Genetics Graduate Program, University of Minnesota, 6 160 Jackson Hall, 321 Church St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 7:550-7. 2007..the transcriptional corepressor BCOR results in the X-linked disorder Oculofaciocardiodental syndrome (OFCD or MCOPS2)...
- A novel corepressor, BCoR-L1, represses transcription through an interaction with CtBPJulia K Pagan
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, 300 Herston Road, Herston 4029, Queensland, Australia
J Biol Chem 282:15248-57. 2007Corepressors play a crucial role in negative gene regulation and are defective in several diseases. BCoR is a corepressor for the BCL6 repressor protein. Here we describe and functionally characterize BCoR-L1, a homolog of BCoR...
- Rybp, a polycomb complex-associated protein, is required for mouse eye developmentMelinda K Pirity
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
BMC Dev Biol 7:39. 2007..Here we investigated the requirement for Rybp in ocular development using four in vivo mouse models which resulted in either the ablation or overexpression of Rybp...
- Left-sided embryonic expression of the BCL-6 corepressor, BCOR, is required for vertebrate laterality determinationEmma N Hilton
Academic Unit of Medical Genetics and Regional Genetic Service, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, UK
Hum Mol Genet 16:1773-82. 2007..The gene mutated in OFCD syndrome, the BCL-6 corepressor (BCOR), is part of a transcriptional repression complex whose transcriptional targets remain largely unknown...
- BCoR-L1 variation and breast cancerFelicity Lose
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, 300 Herston Road, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 4006
Breast Cancer Res 9:R54. 2007..BCL6 corepressor-like 1 (BCoR-L1) is a newly described BRCA1-interacting protein that displays high homology to several proteins known to be ..
- A role for the MLL fusion partner ENL in transcriptional elongation and chromatin modificationDorothee Mueller
Department of Genetics, University Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Blood 110:4445-54. 2007..DOT1L) as well as other frequent MLL partners (AF4, AF5q31, and LAF4), and polycomb group members (RING1, CBX8, and BCoR)...
- Sialic acid receptor detection in the human respiratory tract: evidence for widespread distribution of potential binding sites for human and avian influenza virusesJohn M Nicholls
Pathology Department, The University of Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Respir Res 8:73. 2007....
- Mutation of two Mycoplasma arthritidis surface lipoproteins with divergent functions in cytadherenceDaniel W Bird
Sanford School of Medicine, University of South Dakota, 414 E Clark Street, Vermillion, South Dakota 57069, USA
Infect Immun 76:5768-76. 2008..Previous studies identified two membrane-bound lipoproteins, Maa1 and Maa2, thought to be associated with cytadherence of M. arthritidis strain 158p10p9...
- Role of the transcriptional corepressor Bcor in embryonic stem cell differentiation and early embryonic developmentJoseph Alan Wamstad
Molecular, Cellular, Developmental Biology and Genetics Graduate Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e2814. 2008b>Bcor (BCL6 corepressor) is a widely expressed gene that is mutated in patients with X-linked Oculofaciocardiodental (OFCD) syndrome...
- NAC1, a POZ/BTB protein that functions as a corepressorLaxminarayana Korutla
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Neurochem Int 54:245-52. 2009..We also observed similar results with another corepressor, BCoR Gal4 fusion protein. NAC1 potentiated ZF5 mediated repression in Gal4-DBD fusion transient assays...
- BCOR analysis in patients with OFCD and Lenz microphthalmia syndromes, mental retardation with ocular anomalies, and cardiac laterality defectsEmma Hilton
Academic Unit of Medical Genetics, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 17:1325-35. 2009..The two syndromes are allelic, caused by mutations in the BCL-6 corepressor gene (BCOR)...
- ZBTB2, a novel master regulator of the p53 pathwayBu Nam Jeon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Institute of Genetic Science, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:17935-46. 2009..The POZ domain, required for transcription repression, interacted with corepressors such as BCoR, NCoR, and SMRT. The interactions deacetylated histones Ac-H3 and -H4 at the proximal promoter...
- Molecular characterization of co-occurring Duchenne muscular dystrophy and X-linked oculo-facio-cardio-dental syndrome in a girlYong hui Jiang
Department of Pediatrics and Neurobiology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Med Genet A 149:1249-52. 2009..that suggested the diagnosis of oculo-facio-cardio-dental syndrome, a condition caused by mutations in BCOR. Immunohistochemistry and Western blot analysis of muscle, and mutation analysis of DMD showed a maternally ..
- Eukaryotic translation initiator protein 1A isoform, CCS-3, enhances the transcriptional repression of p21CIP1 by proto-oncogene FBI-1 (Pokemon/ZBTB7A)Won Il Choi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Institute of Genetic Science, Yonsei University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cell Physiol Biochem 23:359-70. 2009..The POZ-domain of FBI-1 interacts with the co-repressors, SMRT and BCoR. We found that CCS-3 also interacts with the co-repressors independently...
- A novel POK family transcription factor, ZBTB5, represses transcription of p21CIP1 geneDong In Koh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Institute of Genetic Science, Yonsei University School of Medicine, Seodaemoon ku, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:19856-66. 2009..ZBTB5 interacted with co-repressor-histone deacetylase complexes such as BCoR (BCL-6-interacting corepressor), NCoR (nuclear receptor corepressor), and SMRT (silencing mediator for retinoid and ..
- BCOR regulates mesenchymal stem cell function by epigenetic mechanismsZhipeng Fan
Lab of Molecular Signaling, Division of Oral Biology and Medicine, UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Nat Cell Biol 11:1002-9. 2009The BCL-6 co-repressor (BCOR) represses gene transcription by interacting with BCL-6 (Refs 1, 2)...
- Computational fragment-based binding site identification by ligand competitive saturationOlgun Guvench
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 5:e1000435. 2009..method yields two-fold symmetric FragMaps that recapitulate the crystallographic binding modes of the SMRT and BCOR peptides...
- BCL6 and BCoR gang up on Notch to regulate left-right patterningUte Koch
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Station 19, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Dev Cell 18:338-40. 2010..describe a novel mechanism of how a key lymphocyte transcription factor crosstalks to Notch signaling during embryonic development and thereby selectively inhibits Notch-activated target genes to allow proper left-right patterning...
- BCL6 canalizes Notch-dependent transcription, excluding Mastermind-like1 from selected target genes during left-right patterningDaisuke Sakano
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Florida State University, College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
Dev Cell 18:450-62. 2010..For this process, BCL6 forms a complex with BCL6 corepressor (BCoR) on the promoters of selected Notch target genes such as enhancer of split related 1...
- Phenotypic annotation of the mouse X chromosomeBrian J Cox
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
Genome Res 20:1154-64. 2010..lethal mutations and nine are mutant mouse models of genes associated with genetic disease in humans, including BCOR and PORCN. The rate of lethal mutations is similar to previous mutagenic screens of the autosomes...
- Function analysis of mesenchymal Bcor in tooth development by using RNA interferenceJinglei Cai
Division in Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Department of Oral Biology, Research Center for Orofacial Hard Tissue Regeneration, Brain Korea 21 Project, Oral Science Research Center, College of Dentistry, Yonsei Center of Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
Cell Tissue Res 341:251-8. 2010..b>Bcor (BCL-6 interacting corepressor) has recently been discovered, but little is known about its function in tooth ..
- BCOR as a novel fusion partner of retinoic acid receptor alpha in a t(X;17)(p11;q12) variant of acute promyelocytic leukemiaYukiya Yamamoto
Department of Hematology, School of Medicine, Fujita Health University, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Blood 116:4274-83. 2010..Here, we identified a novel RARA fusion transcript, BCOR-RARA, in a t(X;17)(p11;q12) variant of APL with unique morphologic features, including rectangular and round ..
- MLL-AF9 and MLL-ENL alter the dynamic association of transcriptional regulators with genes critical for leukemiaSara C Monroe
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Exp Hematol 39:77-86.e1-5. 2011..The aim of this study was to better understand how mixed lineage leukemia (MLL) fusion proteins deregulate the expression of genes critical for leukemia...
- Cun Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..by teeth with extremely long roots (radiculomegaly), we unexpectedly discovered that the transcription co-repressor BCOR (Bcl-6 co-repressor) epigenetically regulates dental stem cell function and differentiation via histone ..
- Molecular Basis of Action of the Putative Oncogene BCL-6Vivian J Bardwell; Fiscal Year: 2012..During the last grant period we identified a novel corepressor, BCOR, which functions with BCL6...
- Trancriptional silencing by the Bcl-6 OncoproteinAri Melnick; Fiscal Year: 2009..so that they can be signaled to independently by environmental stimuli, and that recruitment of the SMRT, N-CoR and BCoR corepressors to the BCL6 BTB domain is required for repression of key checkpoint genes and the survival of DLBCL ..
- Ari M Melnick; Fiscal Year: 2014..so that they can be signaled to independently by environmental stimuli, and that recruitment of the SMRT, N-CoR and BCoR corepressors to the BCL6 BTB domain is required for repression of key checkpoint genes and the survival of DLBCL ..
- Ari M Melnick; Fiscal Year: 2014..BCL6 mediates its effects on gene silencing through recruitment of the SMRT, N-CoR and BCoR corepressor proteins...
- SARAH JUNCO WONG; Fiscal Year: 2014..In the BCOR complex, the NSPC1 Ub fold binds BCL6 Co-Repressor (BCOR), which in turn binds F-box and Leucine Rich Repeat 10 (..
- BCOR in cardiovascular developmentMICHELLE YVONNE HAMLINE; Fiscal Year: 2012..objective of this application is to determine in mechanistic detail how the transcriptional corepressor known as BCOR represses cardiac-specific transcription and how mutations in BCOR contribute to the molecular pathogenesis of ..
- Small Molecule Inhibitors of the BCL6 OncoproteinArie Zask; Fiscal Year: 2013..of transcriptional repressors, mediates its effects on gene silencing through recruitment of the SMRT, N- CoR and BCoR corepressor proteins...
- Membrane Proteins and Mycoplasma arthritidisLEIGH WASHBURN; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will focus on two M. arthritidis surface lipoproteins, MAA1 and MAA2, both of which contribute to adherence to host tissue, are highly immunogenic for infected animals, and induce ..
- ROLE OF THE BCL 6 PROTO ONCOGENE IN B CELL LYMPHOMASBIHUI HILDA YE; Fiscal Year: 2010..transcription represser that has been thought to repress transcription in vivo by recruiting corepressors SMRT/NCoR/BCoR and NuRD/MTA3...
- Genetic analysis of congenital diaphragmatic herniaAnne Slavotinek; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..