Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BAL
Description: poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase family member 9
Alias: ARTD9, BAL, BAL1, MGC:7868, poly [ADP-ribose] polymerase 9, ADP-ribosyltransferase diphtheria toxin-like 9, PARP-9, b aggressive lymphoma protein, poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase 9
Publications303 found, 100 shown here
- [Analysis of lymphocyte populations with flow cytometry in routine bronchoalveolar lavage diagnosis: comparison of a 3-color method with the alkaline phosphatase anti-alkaline phosphatase immunohistochemistry]M Bergmann
Pneumologie 51:860-4. 1997BACKGROUND: Identification of lymphocyte phenotypes in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) plays a crucial role in the diagnosis of interstitial lung disease...
- BAL is a novel risk-related gene in diffuse large B-cell lymphomas that enhances cellular migrationR C Aguiar
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 96:4328-34. 2000..for these observed clinical differences in outcome, differential display was used to identify a novel gene, termed BAL (B-aggressive lymphoma), which is expressed at significantly higher levels in fatal high-risk DLB-CLs than in cured ..
- The BAL-binding protein BBAP and related Deltex family members exhibit ubiquitin-protein isopeptide ligase activityKunihiko Takeyama
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 278:21930-7. 2003..Recently, we identified and characterized a unique diffuse large B-cell lymphoma risk-related gene named BAL (B aggressive lymphoma)...
- BAL1 and BBAP are regulated by a gamma interferon-responsive bidirectional promoter and are overexpressed in diffuse large B-cell lymphomas with a prominent inflammatory infiltratePrzemyslaw Juszczynski
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:5348-59. 2006b>BAL1 is a transcription modulator that is overexpressed in chemoresistant, diffuse large B-cell lymphomas (DLBCLs). BAL1 complexes with a recently described DELTEX family member termed BBAP...
- BAL1 and its partner E3 ligase, BBAP, link Poly(ADP-ribose) activation, ubiquitylation, and double-strand DNA repair independent of ATM, MDC1, and RNF8Qingsheng Yan
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell Biol 33:845-57. 2013The BAL1 macrodomain-containing protein and its partner E3 ligase, BBAP, are overexpressed in chemotherapy-resistant lymphomas. BBAP selectively ubiquitylates histone H4 and indirectly promotes early 53BP1 recruitment to DNA damage sites...
- BAL1/ARTD9 represses the anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic IFNγ-STAT1-IRF1-p53 axis in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaRosalba Camicia
Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 126:1969-80. 2013The B-aggressive lymphoma-1 protein and ADP-ribosyltransferase BAL1/ARTD9 has been recently identified as a risk-related gene product in aggressive diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)...
- [Good response to ganciclovir in a patient of cytomegalovirus (CMV) interstitial pneumonitis and gastric ulcer following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for acute lymphoblastic leukemia]S Mizuno
Bone Marrow Transplantation Group of Miyazaki Prefectural Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 69:213-7. 1995..The specimens obtained by transbronchial alveolar lavage (BAL) and endoscopic gastric biopsy showed many giant cells containing inclusion bodies which were identified as ..
- [Bronchopulmonary precancerous conditions and tumors--risk groups from the occupational medicine viewpoint]X Baur
Pneumologie 48:825-34. 1994..As shown by recent studies, cytological sputum diagnosis, (fluorescence) bronchoscopy, and BAL cytology must be employed much more frequently in the high risk groups so that the prognostically more favorable ..
- [Differential cytology of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in healthy children in comparison with children colonized by lung-specific pathogens]P Ahrens
Zentrum der Kinderheilkunde, , Frankfurt/Main
Pneumologie 51:99-103. 1997b>BAL is increasingly used in the assessment of pulmonary diseases, however, the role in children remains to be defined...
- [Pentoxifylline inhibits experimental bleomycin-induced fibrosing alveolitis]P Entzian
Medizinische Klinik, Forschungszentrum Borstel
Pneumologie 51:375-80. 1997..of inflammatory reactions was determined after 8 days by differentiation of cells of broncho-alveolar lavage (BAL) and by quantification of proliferating cells in lung interstitium subsequent to staining of the Ki-67 antigen...
- Anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator properties of RP 73401, a novel and selective phosphodiesterase type IV inhibitorD Raeburn
, Dagenham Research Centre, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 113:1423-31. 1994..In guinea-pig bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid, total inflammatory cell and eosinophil numbers were reduced by RP 73401 (ID50s: 3.9 +/- 0...
- [Disturbed neutrophil activation in pneumonia during medicinal immunosuppression]J Braun
Medizinische Klinik II,
Pneumologie 51:1037-42. 1997BACKGROUND: In medically immunosuppressed patients with pneumonia, the BAL cell differential and neutrophils secretion products were determined and compared to patients with pneumonia without defined immunodeficiency in order to define a ..
- [Gold salt alveolitis in 3 patients with rheumatoid arthritis]E Music
Pneumologie 49:367-72. 1995..lungs, pulmonary function tests, and laboratory tests were evaluated for the three patients while, for patient A BAL as well as provocation tests were additionally performed before and after therapy...
- [Diagnostic value of protected bronchoalveolar lavage in HIV-associated pneumonia]S Ewig
, , Bonn
Pneumologie 49:546-55. 1995..to improve the diagnostic yield in bacterial pneumonia by unifying the high sensitivity of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) and specificity of the protected specimen brush (PSB)...
- [Results and complications of fiber bronchoscopy in HIV positive patients]S Steiner
, Pneumologie und Angiologie,
Pneumologie 52:694-9. 1998..evaluated the diagnostic effectivity and safety of fibreoptic bronchoscopy with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) and transbronchial biopsy (TBB) in 153 patients with late-stage HIV infection and clinical signs of pulmonary ..
- [Breath condensate as a method of noninvasive assessment of inflammation mediators from the lower airways]G Becher
Pneumologie 51:456-9. 1997..from the lower airways still depends on invasive or provoking sampling techniques like bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) or induced sputum, respectively. Both methods affect the specimen itself...
- Early alterations of lung injury following acute smoke exposure and 21-aminosteroid treatmentS Wang
Department of Pediatrics, University of Arizona, Tucson 85724, USA
Toxicol Pathol 27:334-41. 1999..significantly attenuated the extent of lung injury at 1 hr, as evidenced by decreased bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) concentration of total protein, 6-keto-prostaglandin F1-alpha, and blood gas defect...
- Lung allograft dysfunction correlates with gamma-interferon gene expression in bronchoalveolar lavageD J Ross
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center Lung and Heart Lung Transplant Program, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 18:627-36. 1999..Here we correlate the "Th1/Th2 paradigm" in clinical lung transplantation with histologic findings and assess the effect on serial spirometric function...
- [HIV-associated infections: indications and importance of fiberoptic bronchoscopy]B Fischer
III. Medizinische Klinik, Abetilung Innere Medizin-Pneumologie,
Pneumologie 44:316-7. 1990..pulmonary infiltraes, a fiberbronchoscopy (FB), with transbronchial lung biopsies (TBB) and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) was carried out...
- [Efficacy of fibronectin on opsonic activity by alveolar macrophage and experimental rat pneumonia]T Yoshida
Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki Rosai Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:574-83. 1993..The number of bacteria in the lung, peripheral white blood cell and BAL fluid cell also decreased by the administration of FN...
- [Study of serial bronchoalveolar lavage in patients with aspergilloma: cell reaction at the affected sites and penetration of miconazole and flucytosine into the lesion]Y Hayashi
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Kasugai Municipal Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 69:517-23. 1995We have performed serial bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) examination in two patients with asperigilloma and compared that of total cell count and cell population with control groups (5 non-smokers, 10 smokers) and other pulmonary infectious ..
- [Pulmonary manifestations of systemic scleroderma: pathophysiologic and clinical significance of the activation of lung fibroblasts]J Behr
Pneumologische Abteilung, Klinikum Grosshadern, ,
Pneumologie 49:266-72. 1995..Of the latter, 12 had pathologic BAL differential cell counts (= subclinical alveolitis; SUB), 12 had normal BAL cytology (NOR)...
- Nedocromil sodium inhibits canine adenovirus bronchiolitis in beagle puppiesK A Anderson
Department of Pediatrics, Steele Memorial Children s Research Center, University of Arizona, Tucson 85724, USA
Toxicol Pathol 28:317-25. 2000..v.), intubated, and mechanically ventilated. Pulmonary function tests and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) were performed using standard techniques...
- [Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in infants may result intractable stridor]Y Kashiwagi
Department of Paediatrics, Tokyo Medical University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:675-9. 2000..CMV in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) was isolated in two cases, and CMV PCR in BAL was positive in three cases...
- [Clinical significance of eosinophilic cationic protein in serum and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of adult patients with mycoplasmal pneumonia]T Yano
Department of Respiratory Medicine, National Kyushu Medical Center
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 75:36-41. 2001..We evaluated the clinical significance of ECP in serum and BAL fluid in patients with mycoplasmal pneumonia...
- [Elastase activity in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid from patients with diffuse panbronchiolitis]H Ninomiya
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kurume University, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 65:672-80. 1991..For this purpose, we performed bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) in sixteen patients with DPB, twelve patients with chronic bronchitis (CB) and control subjects (nine smokers and ..
- [Procollagen-III-peptide in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid as an index of fibrosis in sarcoidosis and idiopathic lung fibrosis?]H Teschler
Ruhrlandklinik Essen Heidhausen und Abteilung für Pneumologie der Medizinischen Universitätsklinik Freiburg
Pneumologie 44:217-8. 1990..idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis) and the activity of connective tissue formation (type III procollagen peptide in the BAL fluid) BAL was performed in 12 healthy subjects, 33 patients with type II sarcoidosis, and 26 patients with ..
- A role for endothelin in bicuculline-induced neurogenic pulmonary oedema in ratsC Herbst
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 115:753-60. 1995..3. Concomitantly there was a time-dependent increase of big ET-1 and ET-1 levels in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) as determined by combined reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography (h.p.l.c.) and radioimmunoassay...
- Acute versus chronic administration of phosphodiesterase inhibitors on allergen-induced pulmonary cell influx in sensitized guinea-pigsK H Banner
Department of Pharmacology, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 114:93-8. 1995..Twenty four hours later bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) was performed to permit assessment of inflammatory cell accumulation...
- [Relation between 67-gallium scintigraphy and bronchoalveolar lavage--differential cell count and superoxide anion liberation--in patients with systemic scleroderma and systemic lupus erythematosus]C Witt
Pneumologie 46:20-5. 1992The aim of the study was to determine the pulmonary 67-gallium uptake, bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) cell differentiation and the activity of BAL cells, measured as release of superoxide anion (O2-), and to investigate the results whether ..
- Progression of influenza viral infection through the murine respiratory tract: the protective role of sleep deprivationK B Renegar
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee-Memphis, 38163, USA
Sleep 23:859-63. 2000..By 72 hours post-infection, 12 of 12 control mice shed virus into bronchioalveolar lavages (BAL) while only 2 of 12 sleep deprived mice shed virus (p<0.001)...
- [Reference values of hemosiderin-laden alveolar macrophages in bronchoalveolar lavage in children]P Ahrens
Pneumologie 53:262-5. 1999..Delay in diagnosing can lead to fatal complications. BAL appears to be the method of choice to detect haemosiderin-laden macrophages...
- [Subtyping of T-lymphocytes in sarcoidosis]S Pfeifer
Abt. Innere Medizin mit Schwerpunkt Pneumologie,
Pneumologie 48:427-32. 1994Sarcoidosis is characterised by a T-helper cell-alveolitis. Phenotyping of T-cells of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) and of peripheral blood was performed with antibodies directed against naive T-cells (CD45RA+), memory T-cells (CD45R0+), ..
- Utility of reflex Gomori methenamine silver staining for Pneumocystis jirovecii on bronchoalveolar lavage cytologic specimens: a reviewAziza Nassar
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine, Emory University Hospital, 1364 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 34:719-23. 2006..Its diagnosis is dependent on identification in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) specimens...
- [Alveolo-capillary permeability following multiple trauma--monitoring by bronchoalveolar lavage]U Obertacke
Pneumologie 45:610-5. 1991In trauma patients (ISS greater than 40 points) bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) as well as the first clinical measurements was performed within the first 6 hours after admission to hospital...
- [Roxithromycin treatment in patients with chronic lower respiratory tract disease--its clinical efficacy and effect on cytokine]J Kadota
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 68:27-33. 1994..01) after RXM treatment. (2) Neutrophils accumulated in the pre-RXM treatment bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid and decreased in BAL fluid of patients responding to RXM treatment (49.8 +/- 28.3% to 17.1 +/- 15...
- [Value of bronchoalveolar lavage and findings of cytologic studies in the diagnosis of interstitial lung diseases]D Vallee
Kreiskrankenhaus Diekholzen, Sande, Hannover
Pneumologie 44:301-2. 1990..The examination material obtained (BAL fluid, transbronchial lung biopsy, perbronchial lymph node biopsy, mucosal biopsy) was submitted to a histological ..
- [Safety aspects of bronchoalveolar lavage in risk patients in childhood--continuous end-expiratory pCO2 monitoring]P Ahrens
Zentrum der Kinderheilkunde, , Frankfurt/Main
Pneumologie 52:157-60. 1998Although bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) is a useful tool even in childhood pulmonary diseases, only little is known about the problems attendant to its use...
- Cytological monitoring of peripheral blood, bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, and transbronchial biopsy specimens during acute rejection and cytomegalovirus infection in lung and heart--lung allograft recipientsJ Tikkanen
Cardiopulmonary Research Group of Transplantation, Laboratory, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Clin Transplant 15:77-88. 2001..We sought to investigate whether acute rejection and CMV infection demonstrated as CMV antigenemia had an effect on the cell profiles of peripheral blood (PB), bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BAL-F), or TBB histology.
- Dose-response assessment and effect of particles in guinea pigs exposed chronically to diesel exhaust: analysis of various biological markers in pulmonary alveolar lavage fluid and circulating bloodYoko Ishihara
Department of Hygiene and Public Health I, School of Medicine, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Inhal Toxicol 14:1049-67. 2002..diesel exhaust, various biomarkers for chronic obstructive lung diseases were studied using bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid and blood specimens...
- Evaluation of Toluidine Blue O staining for the diagnosis of Pneumocystis jiroveci in expectorated sputum sample and bronchoalveolar lavage from HIV-infected patients in a tertiary care referral center in EthiopiaG Aderaye
Dept of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Infection 36:237-43. 2008..The currently recommended diagnostic methods using induced sputum (IS) and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) are neither technically feasible nor affordable for a wider clinical use in developing countries...
- [Quality comparison of modified neurolept-, balanced and intravenous anesthesia. 1. Study design and patient analysis of the Krefelder study 1992]H Harke
Institut für Anaesthesie, Städtischen Krankenanstalten Krefeld
Anaesthesist 44:531-7. 1995..clinical trial was to test the hypothesis that three regimens of general anaesthesia--neurolept-(NLA), balanced (BAL), and intravenous propofol anaesthesia (IVA)--differ with regard to safety and comfort...
- Bronchoalveolar lavage in interstitial lung diseases: does the recovery rate affect the results?J Schildge
Abteilung Pneumologie, Medizinische Klinik, St Vincentius Kliniken Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany
Respiration 74:553-7. 2007Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) is an established diagnostic tool in interstitial lung diseases. BAL frequently yields findings of diagnostic value and at times even confirmatory diagnostic results.
- Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis: a spectrum of cytologic, histochemical, and ultrastructural findings in bronchoalveolar lavage fluidS J Maygarden
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7525, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 24:389-95. 2001..histologic findings, there are characteristic radiologic features and cytologic findings in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) specimens that together may provide a confident diagnosis...
- Structure in the precore region of hepatitis B core gene affecting its expression in E. coliX K Ma
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing
Sci Sin B 30:1190-8. 1987Restriction fragments of HBV-DNA, cleaved by endonuclease HhaI, containing HBcAg gene were trimmed by BAL-31 exonuclease to remove different lengths of the precore sequence...
- Lower legal blood alcohol limits for young driversR Hingson
Boston University School of Public Health, MA
Public Health Rep 109:738-44. 1994..003). Among those targeted by .02 percent BAL limits, the proportion of fatal crashes that involved single vehicles at night declined 17 percent...
- [A case of pneumonia caused by Chlamydia pneumoniae, strain TWAR]T Kishimoto
Department of Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:510-5. 1990..Isolation of TWAR was tried by BAL and nasophalingial swabs, but were not successful. TBLB from Lt...
- [Mast cells in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of patients with interstitial lung diseases]J Schildge
Medizinische Klinik, Abteilung Pneumologie, St Vincentius Kliniken Karlsruhe
Pneumologie 57:202-7. 2003..They are found in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BAL) of healthy persons only in small numbers...
- [HTLV-I associated interstitial pneumonia--a case report and bronchoalveolar lavage study]T Tashiro
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College of Oita
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:492-7. 1990..Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid showed an increased proportion of lymphocytes that consisted mainly of CD3+ DR+ cells and the CD4+/CD8+ ..
- [Proliferation of alveolar macrophages in pulmonary sarcoidosis correlates with markers of lymphocyte activity in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid]J Barth
I. Medizinische Klinik, , Kiel
Pneumologie 44:224-5. 1990..The number of proliferating alveolar macrophages showed a significant positive correlation both with the number of lymphocytes in the BAL fluid and with the T4/T8 quotient in the BAL fluid of sarcoidosis patients.
- [Pneumonia in AIDS: pathogen spectrum and diagnostic value of various fiberoptic bronchoscopy methods for the detection of pathogens]H Hermeler
Pneumologie 44:670-1. 1990..and by suction, from the infiltrated peripheral area by catheter suction, protected brush, bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) and transbronchial biopsy in randomized order...
- Pharmacokinetic considerations in development of a bioartificial liverHiroo Iwata
Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Clin Pharmacokinet 43:211-25. 2004..We then discuss the advantages and disadvantages of BAL therapy in comparison with the non-biological therapies of haemodialysis and plasma exchange...
- [Analysis of cases allowed to cease erythromycin therapy for diffuse panbronchiolitis--comparative study between patients with cessation of the therapy and patients continuing the therapy]R Shirai
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:1155-61. 1997..The Neutrophil proportion in the bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid in this patient was still high after the therapy (94...
- Experimental pulmonary inflammatory injury in the monkeyS D Revak
Department of Immunology, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Clin Invest 76:1182-92. 1985..Indicators of pulmonary injury included an increase in mean protein content of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid from 0.51 mg/ml in untreated animals to 3.74 mg/ml and 6...
- Expression of gamma-IFN mRNA in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid correlates with early acute allograft rejection in lung transplant recipientsA Moudgil
Department of Pediatrics, Steven Spielberg Pediatric Research Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Clin Transplant 13:201-7. 1999..IL-2) and gamma-interferon (gamma-IFN)], and Th-2 [interleukin-10 (IL-10)] cytokines in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid with AR in lung transplant (LT) recipients...
- Phenotypic instability of Arabidopsis alleles affecting a disease Resistance gene clusterHankuil Yi
Department of Biology, Washington University, One Brookings Drive, St, Louis, MO 63130, USA
BMC Plant Biol 8:36. 2008Three mutations in Arabidopsis thaliana strain Columbia - cpr1, snc1, and bal - map to the RPP5 locus, which contains a cluster of disease Resistance genes...
- [A mechanism of usefulness of treatment with erythromycin for diffuse panbronchiolitis]Y Ichikawa
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kurume University, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 65:1501-7. 1991..In the present study, we performed bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) on eight patients with DPB to clarify the cell populations in the lower respiratory tract before and after ..
- Albumin, transferrin and alpha2-macroglobulin in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid following exposure to organic dust in healthy subjectsO Vesterberg
Programme for Respiratory Health and Climate, National Institute for Working Life, Stockholm, Sweden
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 74:249-54. 2001..The aim of the study was to compare the concentration of three different proteins in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid as markers for the inflammation.
- Increased in CD8 T lymphocytes in the BAL fluid of patients with sulfur mustard gas-induced pulmonary fibrosisAli Emad
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Pulmonary Section, Shiraz, Iran
Respir Med 101:786-92. 2007..in the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis (PF) due to sulfur mustard gas inhalation, this study was designed to analyze bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) lymphocyte subsets and to determine the ratio of CD4 to CD8 lymphocytes in BAL fluid.
- Development and optimization of quantitative PCR for the diagnosis of invasive aspergillosis with bronchoalveolar lavage fluidPrasanna D Khot
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Infect Dis 8:73. 2008..Culture and histopathological examination of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid are useful but have suboptimal sensitivity and in the case of culture may require several days for fungal ..
- Detection of anionic antimicrobial peptides in ovine bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and respiratory epitheliumK A Brogden
Respiratory and Neurologic Disease Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Ames, Iowa 50010, USA
Infect Immun 66:5948-54. 1998..However, their presence in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid and tissues of the respiratory tract is unknown...
- [Bronchoalveolar lavage in childhood: technical aspects and reference values]F Ratjen
Pneumologie 51:93-8. 1997b>BAL) has been increasingly used in recent years also in children. In paediatric pulmonary diseases, however, interpretation has proved difficult in the absence of standard reference values for BAL in childhood...
- An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the determination of mucin levels in bronchoalveolar lavage fluidJonathan E Phillips
Pulmonary and Peripheral Neurobiology, Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road M S 1700, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 53:160-7. 2006A method to measure the mucin concentration in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid was developed to aid efforts to identify pharmacologically the mechanisms that modulate pathophysiological mucin secretion...
- BAL fluid cells in newly diagnosed pulmonary sarcoidosis with different clinical activityEdvardas Danila
Clinic of Chest Diseases, Allergology and Radiology, Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania
Ups J Med Sci 114:26-31. 2009..However, the number of lymphocytes and the CD4/CD8 ratio in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid are highly variable in sarcoidosis...
- Thrombin contributes to bronchoalveolar lavage fluid mitogenicity in lung disease of the premature infantWillem A Dik
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Pulmonol 35:34-41. 2003..compartment is associated with pulmonary fibrosis in adults and animals, and contributes to bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid mitogenicity for fibroblasts...
- [Reproducibility of differential bronchoalveolar lavage cytology in sarcoidosis in relation to elapsed time between bronchoalveolar lavage and sample processing]H Steppling
, III. Medizinische Klinik-Schwerpunkt Pneumologie
Pneumologie 44:565-6. 1990The physiological saline solution that is usually employed for BAL is not suitable as a storage medium for BAL cells for any longer period of time: even when cooled to 4 degrees C, the lymphocyte component decreases significantly after a ..
- Amphotericin B determination in respiratory secretions by reversed-phase liquid chromatographyR Lopez
Biochemistry Service, , Barcelona, Spain
J Chromatogr A 812:135-9. 1998..for assaying AMB in respiratory secretions obtained by bronchoaspiration (BAS) and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)...
- Usefulness of a strategy based on bronchoscopy with direct examination of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in the initial antibiotic therapy of suspected ventilator-associated pneumoniaJ F Timsit
Clinique de Reanimation des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 27:640-7. 2001To evaluate (a) the routine accuracy of bronchoalveolar lavage by direct examination (BAL-D) in diagnosing ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP), and (b) the impact of a diagnostic strategy including clinical judgment, bronchoscopy, and ..
- Success of lung transplantation without surveillance bronchoscopyVincent G Valentine
Department of Multi Organ Transplant, Ochsner Medical Institutions, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 21:319-26. 2002..regularly scheduled fiberoptic bronchoscopy (FOB) with transbronchial biopsy and bronchoalveolar lavage (TBB/BAL) after lung transplantation...
- Development and characterization of a rapid-onset rodent inhalation model of asbestosis for disease preventionB T Mossman
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, Burlington
Toxicol Pathol 19:412-8. 1991..To determine quantitative biochemical indicators of asbestos-induced lung disease, bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluids were analyzed for lactic dehydrogenase (LDH), alkaline phosphatase, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), ..
- Sex dependent differences in physiological ageing in the immune system of lower airways in healthy non-smoking volunteers: study of lymphocyte subsets in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and bloodE Mund
Division of Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet at Huddinge University Hospital, S 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Thorax 56:450-5. 2001..The effect of age and sex on the composition of lymphocyte subsets in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid and peripheral blood was therefore examined.
- Induced sputum in systemic sclerosis interstitial lung disease: comparison to healthy controls and bronchoalveolar lavageN Damjanov
Institute of Rheumatology, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Respiration 78:56-62. 2009..Induced sputum (IS) is a noninvasive tool, which can be used to collect cellular and soluble materials from lung airways...
- [Pulmonary involvement in HTLV-I-associated myelopathy]M Sugimoto
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kumamoto University Medical School, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:12-8. 1990Patients with HTLV-I-associated myelopathy (HAM) show subclinical pulmonary involvement. Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) studies of HAM patients have shown that there is T-lymphocytosis in association with increased soluble IL-2 receptor ..
- The effect of upstream sequences to initiator on the expression of gene coding for hepatitis B core antigenC H Shi
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing
Sci Sin B 30:625-9. 1987..This secondary structure has been removed by Bal-31 exonuclease in the high-expressed clone and half of the structure removed in the mid-expressed clone...
- Increased levels of interleukin-8 in BAL fluid from smokers susceptible to pulmonary emphysemaM Tanino
First Department of Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, North 15 West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Thorax 57:405-11. 2002..shown that smokers with computed tomographic (CT) evidence of subclinical emphysema have signs of neutrophil activation, despite having no appreciable increase in the number of neutrophils in their bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid.
- Bronchoalveolar lavage in other interstitial lung diseasesUlrich Costabel
Department of Pneumology Allergy, Ruhrlandklinik, and University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 28:514-24. 2007This article reviews the changes in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) cytology and cell differentials in some of the rarer interstitial lung diseases. In a few of these diseases BAL has a diagnostic value and can replace lung biopsy...
- Structure of human milk bile salt activated lipaseT Baba
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City 73104
Biochemistry 30:500-10. 1991The structure and some functional sites of human milk bile salt activated lipase (BAL) were studied by cDNA cloning and chemical analysis of the enzyme...
- [Discriminatory value of bronchoalveolar lavage parameters in differential diagnosis--exogenous allergic alveolitis, sarcoidosis and patients with healthy lungs]A W Zaiss
Abt. Med. Informatik,
Pneumologie 44:219-21. 1990For this study, the results of 487 BAL investigations involving 126 patients with sarcoidosis, 34 patients with exogenous-allergic alveolitis, 18 subjects with healthy lungs, and 309 patients with other pulmonary disorders, were analysed...
- [Clinical study on fluconazole (FLCZ) in the treatment of primary pulmonary cryptococcosis]Y Hayashi
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Kasugai Municipal Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:1261-8. 1998..Concentrations of FLCZ were measured in the serum of the two cases and in the bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid in one case. The following results were obtained: 1. Clinical cures were obtained in the two cases. 2...
- The quartz hazard: effects of surface and matrix on inflammogenic activityK Donaldson
Biomedicine Research Group, Napier University, Edinburgh, Scotland
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 20:109-18. 2001..instillation of quartz into the tracheobronchial tree and measurement of PMN numbers in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) and in lung tissue, levels of the chemokine MIP-2 in BAL, and nuclear translocation of the transcription factor NF-..
- Comparison of acid-fast stain and culture for Mycobacterium tuberculosis in pre- and post-bronchoscopy sputum and bronchoalveolar lavage in HIV-infected patients with atypical chest X-ray in EthiopiaGetachew Aderaye
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Faculty, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
Ann Thorac Med 2:154-7. 2007..Besides, there are substantial numbers of patients who cannot produce sputum, making the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis (PTB) difficult...
- [Bronchoalveolar lavage in the pig--comparison of normal, pathogen-free and pneumonic animals]I Gehrke
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Pneumologie 44:297-8. 1990The cells found in the BAL fluid of the pig were characterised morphologically and immunocytologically with monoclonal antibodies. The percentage of macrophages was found to be 80%, and that of lymphocytes, 20%...
- High fever after flexible bronchoscopy and bronchoalveolar lavage in noncritically ill immunocompetent childrenD E Schellhase
Department of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 28:139-44. 1999Flexible bronchoscopy (FB) and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) have been applied increasingly to the evaluation of pulmonary disease in children...
- Wheat flour exposure results in recruitment of inflammatory cells in the lungs of healthy individualsSofia Gripenbäck
Department of Medicine, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Ind Med 44:75-82. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate any effects on bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) cells and peripheral blood lymphocytes (PBL) of healthy individuals exposed to airborne wheat flour dust with or ..
- Partial divergence of cytokine mRNA expression in bronchial tissues compared to bronchoalveolar lavage cells in horses with recurrent airway obstructionM Riihimäki
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section of Large Animal Surgery and Medicine, Equine Internal Medicine, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Box 7054, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 122:256-64. 2008..Additionally, cytokine mRNA levels in endobronchial biopsies and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) cells were compared...
- Comparison of sputum induction with broncho-alveolar lavage in the diagnosis of smear-negative pulmonary tuberculosisK C Ganguly
Department of Physiology, Mymensingh Medical College, Mymensingh, Bangladesh kcganguly yahoo com
Mymensingh Med J 17:115-23. 2008..directly compared the yield of sputum induction (SI) with 3% saline (NaCl solution) with Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) through FOB in smear-negative suspected PTB patients and showed that SI was a low cost, safe and well tolerated ..
- [Interleukin 1 secretion from alveolar macrophages in pulmonary sarcoidosis]J Barth
Pneumologie 44:215-6. 1990..In 14 of these patients, a significant spontaneous liberation of interleukin 1 was observed; the BAL parameters of these patients pointed to an elevated activity of the disease.
- [Clinical study on sparfloxacin (SPFX) in the treatment of mycoplasmal pneumonia and penetration of SPFX to the pneumonic lesion]Y Hayashi
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Kasugai Municipal Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:54-9. 1998..SPFX was administered orally at doses of 200 or 300 mg once daily, and we performed bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) examinations in five patients...
- [Qualitative comparison of modified neurolept-, balanced and intravenous anesthesia. 2. Results of a clinical study, 1992]H Harke
Institut für Anaesthesie, Städtischen Krankenanstalten Krefeld
Anaesthesist 44:687-94. 1995The safety and tolerance of neuroleptanaesthesia (NLA), balanced anaesthesia (BAL), and intravenous anaesthesia with propofol (IVA) were analysed for the first time in a prospective, randomised clinical trial. METHODS...
- Operant self-administration of sweetened versus unsweetened ethanol: effects on blood alcohol levelsA J Roberts
Department of Neuropharmacology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 23:1151-7. 1999..and carbohydrate-rich foods alter ethanol absorption and metabolism, which leads to lower blood alcohol levels (BAL) relative to ethanol absorbed alone...
- Immunocytological and mineralogical study of bronchoalveolar lavage in a group of subjects exposed to asbestosG Brunetti
Divisione di Pneumologia Riabilitativa, Fondazione S Maugeri, Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, IRCCS, Istituto Scientifico di Pavia
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 25:152-60. 2003..high resolution computed tomography (HRCT) of the chest, lung function tests and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) for evaluation of cell components (total cell count, percentages of macrophages, lymphocytes, neutrophil and ..
- Levels of cytokine in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid in patients with pulmonary fibrosis due to sulfur mustard gas inhalationAli Emad
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Pulmonary Diseases, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
J Interferon Cytokine Res 27:38-43. 2007This study was designed to analyze cytokine levels in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid of patients with pulmonary fibrosis (PF) and was performed at a University hospital...
- Increased granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) and granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) levels in BAL fluid from patients with sulfur mustard gas-induced pulmonary fibrosisAli Emad
Pulmonary Department Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiran, Islamic Republic of Iran
J Aerosol Med 20:352-60. 2007..Bronchoalveolar larvage (BAL) and analyses of BAL fluids for cellular and cytokine levels were performed...
- Alterations in respiratory mechanics in mechanically ventilated patients following bronchoalveolar lavageMeng Yi Chou
Department of Internal Medicine, Chia Li Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 108:704-12. 2009Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) can be used for a variety of diagnostic purposes in mechanically ventilated patients. BAL can cause changes in respiratory mechanics. However, the risk factors associated with these changes remain unknown...
- Bronchoalveolar lavage fluid cytology and cytokine messenger ribonucleic Acid expression of racehorses with exercise intolerance and lower airway inflammationJ P Lavoie
Departement de Sciences Cliniques, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
J Vet Intern Med 25:322-9. 2011There is limited information relating bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) cytology and cytokine messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) expression in racehorses with inflammatory airway disease (IAD)...
- T cell receptor vbeta repertoire in bronchoalveolar lavage in Wegener's granulomatosis and sarcoidosisA Schnabel
Poliklinik fur Rheumatologie, Medizinische Universitat Lubeck, Deutschland
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 119:223-30. 1999..T cell receptor (TCR) configuration disclosed a biased TCR repertoire in cells obtained by bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), suggesting that the pulmonary T cell population contains an oligoclonal, probably antigenically selected ..
- [Interstitial lung fibrosis in rheumatoid arthritis--comparison of lung function and bronchoalveolar lavage]W Petermann
, St. Josefskrankenhaus, Paderborn
Pneumologie 44:540-1. 1990In fibrosing alveolitides that are associated with rheumatoid arthritides, the BAL fluid reveals a characteristic cell pattern. These cellular changes occur at an earlier date than do the radiological signs of pulmonary fibrosis...
- Bronchoalveolar lavage in lung transplantation. State of the artA H Tiroke
Department of Cardiology, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Clin Transplant 13:131-57. 1999Fiberoptic bronchoscopy with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) has become a crucial tool in the management of lung transplant recipients...
- Pathogenesis of high-altitude pulmonary edema: inflammation is not an etiologic factorErik R Swenson
Pulmonary and Critical Care Section, S 111 Pulm, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, 1660 S Columbian Way, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
JAMA 287:2228-35. 2002..barrier secondary to intense pulmonary vasoconstriction and high capillary pressure, but previous bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) findings in well-established HAPE are also consistent with inflammatory etiologic characteristics.
- Acute nose-only exposure of rats to phosgene. Part II. Concentration x time dependence of changes in bronchoalveolar lavage during a follow-up period of 3 monthsJürgen Pauluhn
Institute of Toxicology, Bayer HealthCare, Wuppertal, Germany
Inhal Toxicol 18:595-607. 2006..toward indicators of inflammatory response and increased transmucosal permeability in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), including lung weights...
- [Biological and non-biological elimination therapy of acute liver failure. Experimental study on large laboratory animal]M Ryska
Chirurgická klinika 2 LF UK a UVN Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 147:367-75. 2008..Aim of the study was the evaluation of the effectiveness of biological (BAL - bioartificial liver) and non-biological (FPSA - Fractionated plasma separation and adsorption) methods in the ..
- Dean Sheppard; Fiscal Year: 2016..Each project will also take advantage of serial samples of blood and BAL cells and fluid from patients with IPF and healthy controls to characterize the utiltiy and reproducibility of ..
- Aric L Gregson; Fiscal Year: 2015..The frequencies of BAL Treg correlated with BAL levels of the CCR7 ligand CCL21, which itself appears to protect against BOS...
- Modulation of innate immunity in lung transplantationSadis Matalon; Fiscal Year: 2005..in the following specific aims: (1) Measure levels of surfactant lipids and SP-A in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) samples from patients treated with tacrolimus and sirolimus vs. tacrolimus and azathioprine...
- Robert J Blount; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will obtain alveolar macrophages from each participant using bronchoscopy with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) (Specific Aim 2)...
- David J Lederer; Fiscal Year: 2016..after lung transplantation, and (3) measurement of adipokines and cytokines in plasma and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid and lymphocyte phenotypes in the circulating and lung compartments in participants at three lung transplant ..
- Richard F Silver; Fiscal Year: 2016..analysis to evaluate the Mtb-induced transcriptome of cells obtained from the lung via bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)...
- Benjamin D Medoff; Fiscal Year: 2016..These data will be correlated with assessment of T cell activity and oxidative stress in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid and peripheral blood...
- Chronic Granulomatous Lung Inflammation Elicited by Carbon NanotubesMary Jane Thomassen; Fiscal Year: 2013..examine CCR5 involvement in MWCNT granulomas by quantifying CCR5 receptor and chemokines in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) derived alveolar macrophages, BAL fluids, and in granulomatous foci isolated by laser-capture microdissection [LCM]..
- Longitudinal Studies of HIV-Associated Bacterial PneumoniaWilliam N Rom; Fiscal Year: 2013..study 36 HIV-1+ patients with bacterial pneumonia and 72 HIV-1 + controls at each site with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) of involved/uninvolved lobes...
- John K McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2014..phenotype, and mice lacking CD103 had far fewer suppressor regulatory T cells in the bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) than wild type mice during resolution of P. aeruginosa pneumonia in vivo...
- ISELA CARIDAD VALERA; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using blood and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), we will test the hypothesis that expression levels of an X chromosome-encoded gene, IL13RA2, in these samples ..
- Andrew H Limper; Fiscal Year: 2016..responses to Pc ?-1,6 and ?-1,3 glucans both in the immunosuppressed rat models, as well as in archival human BAL and blood samples...
- Dorothy S Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2014..A specific subset of PMN which expresses the integrin CD49d (CD49d+ PMNs), found in the bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) during SeV infection, has been shown to be necessary and sufficient to drive Fc[unreadable]RI expression on lung ..
- HIGH-DOSE VITAMIN D AND ANTIMICROBIAL PEPTIDE EXPRESSION IN LUNG FAILUREThomas R Ziegler; Fiscal Year: 2012..whether our vitamin D regimens upregulate concentrations of LL-37 and hBD-2 in plasma and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid, cathelicidin and hBD-2 mRNA in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs), and LL-37 and hBD-2 expression ..
- Molecular profiling and immunomodulatory interventionsAbraham Shaked; Fiscal Year: 2009..and evolving literature that mRNA profiling of peripheral blood cells, urinary cells, and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) cells are diagnostic of allograft status...
- Prevention of Acute Lung Injury by IL-6 activated STAT3Ana Moran; Fiscal Year: 2010..Stat3 against T/HS-induced AEC apoptosis and to examine mRNA and protein levels of these candidate genes in BAL cells from T/HS patients, and 3) to enhance the development of the principal investigator's career as an ..
- LPA and Edg Receptors in the Pulmonary Immune ResposeSTEVEN N GEORAS; Fiscal Year: 2013..We recently reported that lysophosphatidic acid is constitutively present in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluids but significantly increased after segmental allergen challenge of allergic human subjects...
- Brent E Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2016..subjects, increased expression of the anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10 in blood and bronchoalveloar lavage (BAL) fluid occurs...
- Doxycycline for COPD in HIV-Infected PatientsRobert J Kaner; Fiscal Year: 2013..MMP activity in epithelial lining fluid and cells obtained by bronchoscopy and doxycycline levels in blood, ELF and BAL cell pellets...
- Resolution and repair of acute lung injury by macrophage-derived iNOSFRANCO R D'ALESSIO; Fiscal Year: 2011..t. LPS) and assessed the response at intervals out to day 10, a time when injury had resolved. Bronchoalveolar (BAL) and lung mediators increased after i.t. LPS, among them BAL nitrites/nitrates (NOx)...
- Franco R D'Alessio; Fiscal Year: 2014..t. LPS) and assessed the response at intervals out to day 10, a time when injury had resolved. Bronchoalveolar (BAL) and lung mediators increased after i.t. LPS, among them BAL nitrites/nitrates (NOx)...
- Laurence Huang; Fiscal Year: 2016..provide oropharyngeal washing (OPW, gargle) specimens and will undergo bronchoscopy with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) for the diagnosis of PCP and TB...
- Andrew M Tager; Fiscal Year: 2015..identified by screening asymptomatic members of familial pulmonary fibrosis kindreds, bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) S1P levels were significantly decreased in these early fibrosis patients compared to controls without lung disease...
- Bronchoalveolar Lavage Cell Biomarkers in Lung RejectionMarshall I Hertz; Fiscal Year: 2010..The lung allograft is ideally suited to study by bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), which allows relatively non-invasive sampling of the bronchoalveolar microenvironment...
- Jenny T Mao; Fiscal Year: 2015..Subjects will undergo serial fluorescence bronchoscopies with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), bronchial brushings, bronchial biopsies, along with collections of pre- and post-treatment blood and urine ..
- Novel Macrolide Th17 InhibitorsJay K Kolls; Fiscal Year: 2012..Outcome measures will include BAL neutrophilia and macrophage emigration as well as lung levels of IL-17, IFN? as well as the downstream Th17 and Th1 ..
- Anti-carcinogenic effects of White Tea on Lung CancerJenny T Mao; Fiscal Year: 2010..may help prevent lung cancer, a surrogate model using coculture systems comprised of human bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) cells with either NSCLC or NHBE, or 1198 or BEAS-2B cells will be used...
- The LPA Pathway in Lung Fibrosis: Novel Mediators and New Therapeutic TargetsAndrew M Tager; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this model, levels of LPA increase in bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid following bleomycin challenge, and mice lacking LPA1, one of LPA's receptors, are markedly protected ..
- Lisa A Maier; Fiscal Year: 2014..Evaluation of BAL microbiome is proposed to further define the molecular profiles of disease and disease phenotype, as it is likely ..
- Linking Genetics, Genomics and Phenomics to Better Understand Asthma SeveritySally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Epithelial brushings and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) cells from these studies will undergo microarray analysis to form the biologic link between the genotype and ..
- Mark Larché; Fiscal Year: 2016..Samples of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid will be recovered from saline and allergen challenged lung lobes 24 hours after challenge. In all samples...
- Mulago Inpatient Noninvasive Diagnosis of Pneumocystis Pneumonia (MIND PCP) StudyJohn Davis; Fiscal Year: 2007..are common, other processes may cause pneumonia in these patients, so bronchoscopy with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) is often indicated for definitive diagnosis, especially when empiric treatments fail...
- Vibha N Lama; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using a prospective cohort study prospectively determine in human pulmonary allografts whether number of LR-MSCs in BAL and their fibroproliferative phenotypes predict onset and progression of BOS...
- Lynn M Schnapp; Fiscal Year: 2014..To begin to address this question, we will examine whether bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) from HIV+ patients is enriched with markers of SASP, and can induce senescence of primary lung epithelial cells ..
- Eosinophils and Allergic Airway ResponsesAvery August; Fiscal Year: 2012..Symptoms of allergic asthma include airway inflammation, increased numbers of eosinophils in BAL and sputum, and airways hyperresponsiveness...
- Lobelia Samavati; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recently, we have shown that bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) cells and alveolar macrophages (AMs) of sarcoid subjects exhibit constitutively active p38, but lack active ERK...
- Enhancing Nrf2 by Sulforaphane Treatment in COPDRobert A Wise; Fiscal Year: 2012..Collections of alveolar macrophages by BAL, bronchial epithelial cells by endobronchial brushings will be performed at baseline and 4 weeks...
- A Brent Carter; Fiscal Year: 2015..Moreover, this decrease in expression was associated with decreased MMP-9 activity in BAL fluid and increased collagen secretion by fibroblasts exposed to BAL fluid...
- Syndecan-2 and Clinical Progression of Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisIvan O Rosas; Fiscal Year: 2012..candidate performed microarray and targeted proteomic analysis of alveolar macrophages, broncho-alveolar lavage (BAL) and peripheral blood of IPF patients...
- PIA JOHANNA HAUK; Fiscal Year: 2014..The percentages of BAL neutrophils correlated with metalloproteinase (MMP)-9, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-1 and MMP-9/..
- An Early Diagnostic Marker for Ventilator-Associated PneumoniaSTEVEN PALAZZO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Suspected clinical cases of VAP are diagnosed using Broncheoalveolar lavage (BAL), an invasive and costly procedure that requires physician-directed access to the lower respiratory tract in order ..
- Selective Cytopheresis Therapy in Systemic Inflammatory Response SyndromeDEBORAH BUFFINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2009..cardiovascular parameters, systemic cytokine levels, and pulmonary inflammation with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) parameters and time to death will be compared between treatment and sham treatment groups...
- The Effect of Bromelain on CD4+ T Cell Function in AsthmaERIC RICHARD SECOR; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aim 1 will determine the in vivo effects of Br treatment on CD4+ T cells and APCs in local compartments (BAL, lung tissue, hilar lymph nodes) and systemic compartments (inguinal lymph nodes, spleen) at each of the 4 stages ..
- Barbara Balestrieri; Fiscal Year: 2016..Because group V sPLA2 has been found in the BAL of patients with severe asthma and because our preliminary data suggest that it is important in development of ..
- Kit Inhibition in Asthma (KIA)Elliot Israel; Fiscal Year: 2012..In concert with our collaborating centers-through physiologic assessments, bronchoscopy with endobronchial biopsy/BAL, and multidetector CT imaging--we will characterize imatinib's effect on airway responsiveness, mast cell ..
- T cell response in scleroderma lung disease: from pathogenesis to clinical careFrancesco Boin; Fiscal Year: 2012..Th2/Tc2 T cell polarization will be measured in the blood and BAL fluid of the cohort patients (Aim1) undergoing bronchoscopy for suspected active ILD and correlated with the ..
- A Redox-active PARP Inhibitor for Lung TransplantationANDREW LURIE SALZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Inflammation is assessed by examining BAL markers of inflammation (protein, PMNs, TNF-[unreadable], and MIP-1[unreadable])...
- Aveolar Macrophage Apoptosis and PneumocystisChao Hung Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluids from animals with Pep are able to induce apoptosis in normal alveolar macrophages, and depletion of ..
- Immunodiagnosis of Active Tuberculosis in HIV-infected PatientsAdithya Cattamanchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Peripheral blood, BAL fluid, and oral wash specimens will be used to measure T-cell cytokine responses and stored for future immunologic ..
- Hybrid Katp Channel Opener and Redox Catalyst for Lung TransplantationPrakash Jagtap; Fiscal Year: 2013..Inflammation is assessed by examining BAL for protein, PMNs, TNF-[unreadable], and MIP-1[unreadable]...
- Pathogenic Mechanisms of PBEF in Ventilator Induced Lung InjuryJoe G N Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2012..of PMN chemoattractants, and was highly synergistic with mechanical ventilation in producing increases in BAL protein, PMN's, and inflammatory cytokines...
- Predictive Toxicological Paradigms to Establish Inhalation Toxicology ModelsANDRE ELIAS NEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..non-eosinophilic inflammation (Castranova) will measure markers of inflammation, damage, and oxidant stress in the BAL along with lung histology for period of 1 day up to 2 months post-exposure...
- Inhaled environmental particles, pregnancy and neonatal allergyAlexey V Fedulov; Fiscal Year: 2012..response of pregnant mice to environmental particles, testing the prediction of enhanced pro-Th2 responses in BAL analysis, multiplex cytokine assays of serum and lung gene expression profiling...
- Regulatory Tcells and the fibroproliferative response in Acute Lung InjuryBrian Garibaldi; Fiscal Year: 2011..They have also been shown to increase in number in the BAL fluid of patients with ARDS, suggesting that they likely play an important role in the normal human response to ALI...
- RESULT Trial-REflux SUrgery in Lung TransplantationScott M Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2011..2.) Acquiring both retrospective data (prospectively collected) and prospectively collecting BAL samples from our site consortium to explore the relationship between reflux (esophageal pH/impdeance testing), ..
- David H Broide; Fiscal Year: 2016..3) and be supported by Administrative Core A, and "Asthma Clinical Core B" which will be a source of sputum, BAL, endobronchial biopsy, and blood samples from asthma and control subjects provided by investigators in Core B (..
- Role of Regulatory T Cells in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary DiseaseWissam M Chatila; Fiscal Year: 2012..in subjects with COPD and controls, and compare it with that obtained from blood and bronchoalveolar fluid (BAL)...
- Plasma and Intrapulmonary Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics (PKPD) of AerosolJeffrey Golden; Fiscal Year: 2010..Samples from the blood and lungs will be obtained by venipuncture and bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)...
- Thalachallour Mohanakumar; Fiscal Year: 2016..to collagen V and K-11 tubulin, b) define the role of T regulatory cells in the production of auto-Abs, c) analyze BAL fluid for their cytokine content, d) determine the phenotype of infiltrating cells and their cytokine, d) define ..
- Protein Therapy for Acute Lung InjuryJahar Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2010..extravascular lung water (EVLW) content and leukocyte and protein contents of the broncho alveolar lavage (BAL)...
- ORAL CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE VS ORAL PLACEBO IN SSC ALVEOLITISCharles Read; Fiscal Year: 2003..usually preceded by inflammation which can be detected by examination of cells obtained by bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)...
- ORAL CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE VS ORAL PLACEBO IN SSC ALVEOLITISDaniel Furst; Fiscal Year: 2001..usually preceded by inflammation which can be detected by examination of cells obtained by bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)...
- MULTIDAY EXPOSURE TO O3 IN ASTHMAJohn Balmes; Fiscal Year: 2002..asthmatic subjects has been generated from studies involving bronchoscopy and analysis of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid...
- ORAL CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE VS ORAL PLACEBO IN SSC ALVEOLITISJames Dauber; Fiscal Year: 2000..usually preceded by inflammation which can be detected by examination of cells obtained by bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)...
- ORAL CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE VS ORAL PLACEBO IN SSC ALVEOLITISDean Schraufnagel; Fiscal Year: 2003
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2003
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYDavid Riley; Fiscal Year: 2003
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYRichard Silver; Fiscal Year: 2003
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYMaureen Mayes; Fiscal Year: 2003
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYMitchell Olman; Fiscal Year: 2001
- Importance of antigen specific immunoglobulin responses in controlling SIV/SHIV iBapi Pahar; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also examine the effector function of memory B cells in peripheral blood, broncho-alveolar lavage (BAL), bone marrow (BM), small intestine and lymph node tissues from SIV infected macaques...
- EOSINOPHIL APOPTOSIS IN ASTHMAGerald Litwack; Fiscal Year: 2001..Significantly, we have also identified several of these proteins in BAL eosinophils from asthmatics...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND FUNCTIONS OF EOSINOPHIL PROTEINSSteven Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2005..by activated eosinophils, elevated blood levels in patients with eosinophilia, and increased levels in sputum and BAL of asthmatics, all argue for an important role in eosinophil function...
- GM-CSF THERAPY FOR ALVEOLAR PROTEINOSISMary Jane Thomassen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further, all PA patients tested have antibodies against GM-CSF in the BAL and serum...
- EFFECTS OF ZINC OXIDE WELDING FUME INHALATIONPaul Blanc; Fiscal Year: 1992..I will.carry out bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) at 22 hours and once again between 2 to 4 months after exposure...