Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP5F1
Description: ATP synthase, H+ transporting, mitochondrial Fo complex subunit B1
Alias: PIG47, ATP synthase F(0) complex subunit B1, mitochondrial, ATP synthase B chain, mitochondrial, ATP synthase proton-transporting mitochondrial F(0) complex subunit B1, ATP synthase subunit b, mitochondrial, ATP synthase, H+ transporting, mitochondrial F0 complex, subunit B1, ATP synthase, H+ transporting, mitochondrial F0 complex, subunit b, ATPase subunit b, H+-ATP synthase subunit b, cell proliferation-inducing protein 47
- Two genes encoding the bovine mitochondrial ATP synthase proteolipid specify precursors with different import sequences and are expressed in a tissue-specific mannerN J Gay
EMBO J 4:3519-24. 1985..They are related to each other in regions which probably are recognition signals for the processing protease. The corresponding genes are expressed differently in various tissues in a way that reflects their embryonic origin...
- Nitration of tyrosine residues 368 and 345 in the beta-subunit elicits FoF1-ATPase activity lossYasuko Fujisawa
Department of Molecular Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Biochem J 423:219-31. 2009..Nitration at this residue would be more relevant under conditions of low nitrative stress. Conversely, at high nitrative stress conditions, both tyrosine residues would contribute equally to ATPase inactivation...
- Optimization of Reference Genes for Normalization of Reverse Transcription Quantitative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction Results in Senescence Study of Mesenchymal Stem CellsXiaodong Su
1 Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, School of Basic Medicine, Peking Union Medical College, Center of Excellence in Tissue Engineering, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Stem Cells Dev 25:1355-65. 2016..we compared 16 commonly used reference genes (GAPDH, ACTB, RPL13A, TBP, B2M, GUSB, RPLPO, YWHAZ, RPS18, EEF1A1, ATP5F1, HPRT1, PGK1, TFRC, UBC, and PPIA) in proliferating or replicative-senescent human adipose-derived MSCs (hAD-MSCs) ..
- Detection of genes associated with developmental competence of bovine oocytesLucie Nemcova
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Libechov, Czech Republic Electronic address
Anim Reprod Sci 166:58-71. 2016..After maturation the transcript level remained stable for ATP5F1, BRD7, and UBL5 in both oocyte categories...
- 102 supplementation with estradiol cypionate at the onset of a synchronized proestrus alters the uterine gene expression of suckled anestrous beef cowsM F Sá Filho
Departament of Animal Reproduction, FMVZ USP, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 27:144. 2014..22), and PIAS1 (1.18), whereas ECP-inhibited transcripts associated with oxidative phosphorylation were ATP5F1 (1.18), ATP5J (1.24), and NDUFB3 (1.37)...
- Selection of suitable reference genes for mRNA quantification studies using common marmoset tissuesYoshinori Shimamoto
Department of Veterinary Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori, 034 8628, Japan
Mol Biol Rep 40:6747-55. 2013..In this study, we evaluated the expressions of 11 widely used reference genes: ACTB, ATP5F1, B2M, GAPDH, HPRT1, PGK1, PPIA, RN18S1, RPLP0, TBP and UBC in 12 tissues and five brain areas of healthy common ..
- Low-intensity laser irradiation at 660 nm stimulates transcription of genes involved in the electron transport chainRoland T Masha
Laser Research Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Johannesburg, Doornfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa
Photomed Laser Surg 31:47-53. 2013..This study was undertaken to evaluate the effect of LILI on genes involved in the mitochondrial electron transport chain (ETC, complexes I-IV) and oxidative phosphorylation (ATP synthase)...
- Distinct expression patterns in hepatitis B virus- and hepatitis C virus-infected hepatocellular carcinomaChun Feng Lee
Institute of Molecular Medicine, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan 30013, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:6072-7. 2008....
- Down-regulation of mitochondrial ATPase by hypermethylation mechanism in chronic myeloid leukemia is associated with multidrug resistanceR J Li
Department of Hematology Institute of Molecular Hematology, Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Ann Oncol 21:1506-14. 2010..To identify novel proteins involved in multidrug resistance in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)...
- Characterization of sINR, a strict version of the Initiator core promoter elementGanit Yarden
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Nucleic Acids Res 37:4234-46. 2009..Analysis of the sINR-containing DHX9 and ATP5F1 genes showed that the entire sINR sequence, including the strict core and the conserved flanking sequences, is ..
- Comparative analysis of gene expression in brain, liver, skeletal muscles, and gills of zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to environmentally relevant waterborne uranium concentrationsAdélaïde Lerebours
Laboratoire de Radioecologie et d Ecotoxicologie, Institut de Radioprotection et de Surete Nucleaire, Bât 183, BP 3, 13115 Saint Paul lez Durance Cedex, France
Environ Toxicol Chem 28:1271-8. 2009..Mitochondrial metabolism and DNA integrity also were affected, because coxI, atp5f1, and rad51 genes were up-regulated at day 21 and during the depuration phase...
- Identification of mitochondrial F(1)F(0)-ATP synthase interacting with galectin-3 in colon cancer cellsDuck Woo Kim
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Sci 99:1884-91. 2008..In the presence of cell cycle synchronizing drugs, doxorubicin, etoposide, or nocodazole, suppression of galectin-3 induced cell cycle progression to G0/G1 phase...
- Molecular cloning of cDNA for the import precursor of human subunit B of H(+)-ATP synthase in mitochondriaT Higuti
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokushima, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 178:1014-20. 1991..The presequence of 42 amino acids could be the import signal peptide for directing the protein into the mitochondrial matrix...
- Molecular motors: turning the ATP motorRichard L Cross
Nature 427:407-8. 2004
- A functionally active human F1F0 ATPase can be purified by immunocapture from heart tissue and fibroblast cell lines. Subunit structure and activity studiesRobert Aggeler
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
J Biol Chem 277:33906-12. 2002..The system is therefore suitable to screen patient-derived samples for alterations in amount or functionality of both the F(1)F(0) ATPase and IF(1)...
- Energy transduction in the F1 motor of ATP synthaseH Wang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, College of Natural Resources, University of California, Berkeley 94720 3112, USA
Nature 396:279-82. 1998....
- Energy transduction in ATP synthaseT Elston
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720 3112, USA
Nature 391:510-3. 1998..Moreover, the motor's reversibility-supplying torque from ATP hydrolysis in F1 converts the motor into an efficient proton pump-can also be explained by our model...
- The expression of subunit c correlates with and thus may limit the biosynthesis of the mitochondrial F0F1-ATPase in brown adipose tissueJ Houstek
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague
J Biol Chem 270:7689-94. 1995..An analogous regulatory role of the c-F0 subunit could be postulated in other tissues...
- A new concept for energy coupling in oxidative phosphorylation based on a molecular explanation of the oxygen exchange reactionsP D Boyer
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 70:2837-9. 1973..This release could logically involve energy-requiring protein conformational change...
- Human liver cDNA clones encoding proteolipid subunit 9 of the mitochondrial ATPase complexL B Farrell
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 144:1257-64. 1987..Thus, as in bovine cells there appears to be at least two human genes encoding subunit 9...
- Gene expression profile of human bone marrow stromal cells: high-throughput expressed sequence tag sequencing analysisLibin Jia
Medical Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Genomics 79:7-17. 2002..It is expected that high-throughput EST sequencing and data mining analysis will greatly promote our understanding of gene expression in these cells and of growth and development of the skeleton...