Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATF6
Description: activating transcription factor 6
Alias: ACHM7, ATF6A, cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-6 alpha, cAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-6 alpha
Publications276 found, 100 shown here
- Heat shock protein inhibition is associated with activation of the unfolded protein response pathway in myeloma plasma cellsEmma L Davenport
Section of Haemato oncology, Cancer Research UK, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Blood 110:2641-9. 2007..upregulation of CHOP consistent with ER resident kinase (PERK) activation, and activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) splicing...
- Nucleobindin 1 controls the unfolded protein response by inhibiting ATF6 activationYoshinori Tsukumo
Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:29264-72. 2007In response to endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress, activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6), an ER membrane-anchored transcription factor, is transported to the Golgi apparatus and cleaved by site-1 protease (S1P) to activate the unfolded ..
- Roles for endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation and the novel endoplasmic reticulum stress response gene Derlin-3 in the ischemic heartPeter J Belmont
The SDSU Heart Institute and The Department of Biology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
Circ Res 106:307-16. 2010..ERAD is increased by the ER stress modulator, activating transcription factor (ATF)6, which can induce genes that encode components of the ERAD machinery...
- PARM-1 is an endoplasmic reticulum molecule involved in endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis in rat cardiac myocytesKoji Isodono
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e9746. 2010..PARM-1 silencing also repressed expression of PERK and ATF6, and augmented expression of CHOP without affecting IRE-1 expression and JNK and Caspase-12 activation...
- Curcumin inhibits the proliferation of human hepatocellular carcinoma J5 cells by inducing endoplasmic reticulum stress and mitochondrial dysfunctionChun Yuan Cheng
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 40201, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Mol Med 26:673-8. 2010..The cell viability was detected by MTT assay. The protein expressions of caspase-12, ATF6, GADD153, Calnexin, Calreticulin, PDI and Ero1-Lα, which are associated with endoplasmic reticulum stress and the ..
- Nelfinavir induces liposarcoma apoptosis through inhibition of regulated intramembrane proteolysis of SREBP-1 and ATF6Min Guan
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:1796-806. 2011..We postulate that NFV interferes with regulated intramembrane proteolysis of SREBP-1 and ATF6 (activating transcription factor 6).
- Identification of the G13 (cAMP-response-element-binding protein-related protein) gene product related to activating transcription factor 6 as a transcriptional activator of the mammalian unfolded protein responseK Haze
HSP Research Institute, Kyoto Research Park, 17 Chudoji minami, Shimogyo ku, Kyoto 600 8813, Japan
Biochem J 355:19-28. 2001..We recently identified the basic leucine zipper (bZIP) protein ATF6 as a mammalian UPR-specific transcription factor; ATF6 is activated by ER stress-induced proteolysis and binds ..
- Activating transcription factor-6 (ATF6) mediates apoptosis with reduction of myeloid cell leukemia sequence 1 (Mcl-1) protein via induction of WW domain binding protein 1Nobuhiro Morishima
Molecular Membrane Biology Laboratory, RIKEN Advanced Science Institute, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:35227-35. 2011..Among the three proximal sensors of ER stress, activating transcription factor-6 (ATF6) is specifically activated in apoptotic myoblasts during myoblast differentiation...
- Requirement of the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signalling pathway for the induction of the 78 kDa glucose-regulated protein/immunoglobulin heavy-chain binding protein by azetidine stress: activating transcription factor 6 as a target for stress-iShengzhan Luo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 9176, USA
Biochem J 366:787-95. 2002..We identified an ER transmembrane activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) as a target of p38 MAPK phosphorylation in AzC-treated cells...
- Antiapoptotic roles of ceramide-synthase-6-generated C16-ceramide via selective regulation of the ATF6/CHOP arm of ER-stress-response pathwaysCan E Senkal
Hollings Cancer Center, 86 Jonathan Lucas Street, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
FASEB J 24:296-308. 2010..regulation of ER-stress-induced apoptosis by CerS6/C(16)-ceramide was linked to the activation of a specific arm, ATF6/CHOP, of the unfolded protein response pathway...
- Transcription factor ATF cDNA clones: an extensive family of leucine zipper proteins able to selectively form DNA-binding heterodimersT W Hai
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
Genes Dev 3:2083-90. 1989..Our results help to explain how a single promoter element, an ATF site, can be present in a wide variety of promoters...
- Interaction of ATF6 and serum response factorC Zhu
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:4957-66. 1997..b>ATF6, a basic-leucine zipper protein, was isolated by binding to SRF and in particular to its transcriptional activation ..
- Identification of the cis-acting endoplasmic reticulum stress response element responsible for transcriptional induction of mammalian glucose-regulated proteins. Involvement of basic leucine zipper transcription factorsH Yoshida
HSP Research Institute, Kyoto Research Park, Kyoto 600 8813, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:33741-9. 1998..Using yeast one-hybrid screening, we isolated a human cDNA encoding a basic leucine zipper (bZIP) protein, ATF6, as a putative ERSE-binding protein...
- Mammalian transcription factor ATF6 is synthesized as a transmembrane protein and activated by proteolysis in response to endoplasmic reticulum stressK Haze
HSP Research Institute, Kyoto Research Park, Shimogyo ku, Kyoto 600 8813, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 10:3787-99. 1999..We recently isolated ATF6 as a candidate for mammalian UPR-specific transcription factor...
- XBP1 mRNA is induced by ATF6 and spliced by IRE1 in response to ER stress to produce a highly active transcription factorH Yoshida
Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8304, Japan
Cell 107:881-91. 2001..Instead, the transcription factor ATF6 specific to the mammalian UPR is regulated by intramembrane proteolysis...
- Nitric oxide-induced apoptosis in RAW 264.7 macrophages is mediated by endoplasmic reticulum stress pathway involving ATF6 and CHOPTomomi Gotoh
Department of Molecular Genetics, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:12343-50. 2002..In addition, apoptosis induced by p50ATF6 was prevented by a CHOP dominant negative form as well as by an ATF6 dominant negative form, and LPS/IFN-gamma-induced apoptosis was prevented by the CHOP dominant negative form...
- Association of amino acid variants in the activating transcription factor 6 gene (ATF6) on 1q21-q23 with type 2 diabetes in Pima IndiansFarook Thameem
Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 445 N 5th St, Suite 210, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Diabetes 55:839-42. 2006Activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) is important for protective cell response to accumulation of unfolded and misfolded proteins in endoplasmic reticulum, and disturbances of this process can contribute to beta-cell apoptosis...
- Activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) sequence polymorphisms in type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetic traitsWinston S Chu
Division of Endocrinology 111J 1 LR, Department of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, John L McClellan Memorial Veterans Hospital, 4700 W 7th Street, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Diabetes 56:856-62. 2007Activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) is located within the region of linkage to type 2 diabetes on chromosome 1q21-q23 and is a key activator of the endoplasmic reticulum stress response...
- Wolfram syndrome 1 gene negatively regulates ER stress signaling in rodent and human cellsSonya G Fonseca
Program in Gene Function and Expression, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605 2324, USA
J Clin Invest 120:744-55. 2010..These results reveal a role for WFS1 in the negative regulation of ER stress signaling and in the pathogenesis of diseases involving chronic, unresolvable ER stress, such as pancreatic beta cell death in diabetes...
- Lack of association between genetic polymorphisms within DUSP12 - ATF6 locus and glucose metabolism related traits in a Chinese populationCheng Hu
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Shanghai Diabetes Institute, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Diabetes Mellitus, Shanghai Clinical Center for Diabetes, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai, PR China
BMC Med Genet 12:3. 2011..Studies in Pima Indian, Caucasians and African Americans identified several SNPs in DUSP12 and ATF6, located in chromosome 1q21-q23, were associated with type 2 diabetes.
- Distinct roles of activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) and double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase (PERK) in transcription during the mammalian unfolded protein responseTetsuya Okada
Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, 46 29 Yoshida Shimoadachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8304, Japan
Biochem J 366:585-94. 2002..Thus we propose that mammalian cells have evolved a strategy to cope with ER stress different from that of yeast cells...
- Dependence of site-2 protease cleavage of ATF6 on prior site-1 protease digestion is determined by the size of the luminal domain of ATF6Jingshi Shen
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Biol Chem 279:43046-51. 2004b>ATF6 is an endoplasmic reticulum (ER) membrane-anchored transcription factor activated by regulated intramembrane proteolysis in the ER stress response...
- Activating transcription factor 6 polymorphisms and haplotypes are associated with impaired glucose homeostasis and type 2 diabetes in Dutch CaucasiansSteven J R Meex
Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Maastricht, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2720-5. 2007Activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) is critical for initiation and full activation of the unfolded protein response. An association between genetic variation in ATF6 and type 2 diabetes (DM2) was recently reported in Pima Indians.
- Activating transcription factor 6 limits intracellular accumulation of mutant α(1)-antitrypsin Z and mitochondrial damage in hepatoma cellsSteven E Smith
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Biol Chem 286:41563-77. 2011..Activation of the activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) branch of the UPR by expression of spliced ATF6(1-373) decreased intracellular accumulation of ATZ and the ..
- Molecular pathways of protein synthesis inhibition during brain reperfusion: implications for neuronal survival or deathDonald J DeGracia
Department of Emergency Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 22:127-41. 2002..In mammals, the upstream unfolded protein response components PERK, IRE1, and ATF6 activate prosurvivial mechanisms (e.g., transcription of GRP78, PDI, SERCA2b ) and proapoptotic mechanisms (i.e...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced activation of activating transcription factor 6 decreases insulin gene expression via up-regulation of orphan nuclear receptor small heterodimer partnerHye Young Seo
Department of Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, 50 Samduk 2ga, Jung Gu, Daegu 700 721, Republic of Korea
Endocrinology 149:3832-41. 2008..We examined whether ER stress decreases insulin gene expression, and this process is mediated by ATF6. A small interfering RNA that targeted SHP was used to determine whether the effect of ATF6 on insulin gene ..
- Induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress response by TZD18, a novel dual ligand for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha/gamma, in human breast cancer cellsChuanbing Zang
Division of Oncology Hematology, Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Medicine Charité, Berlin, Germany
Mol Cancer Ther 8:2296-307. 2009..subunit of eukaryotic initiation factor 2 (eIF2alpha), as well as an up-regulation of GRP78 and an activation of ATF6, all of which are specific markers for endoplasmic reticulum stress...
- Sarco/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase-2 expression is regulated by ATF6 during the endoplasmic reticulum stress response: intracellular signaling of calcium stress in a cardiac myocyte model systemD J Thuerauf
Heart Institute and the Department of Biology, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92182, USA
J Biol Chem 276:48309-17. 2001The recently described transcription factor, ATF6, mediates the expression of proteins that compensate for potentially stressful changes in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), such as reduced ER calcium...
- Phosphorylation of the alpha-subunit of the eukaryotic initiation factor-2 (eIF2alpha) reduces protein synthesis and enhances apoptosis in response to proteasome inhibitionHao Yuan Jiang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 280:14189-202. 2005..stress sensory proteins, eIF2alpha kinase PEK (PERK/EIF2AK3), IRE1 protein kinase and the transcription regulator ATF6 following up to 6 h of proteasome inhibitor treatment...
- Meeting Report:The 7th ESPE Growth Plate Working Group Symposium - EUROGROP June 27th 2007, Helsinki, FinlandRazvan L Miclea
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 5:680-5. 2007..Dehydrogenase; Agc: Aggrecan; Aln: Alendronate; Asb- 4: Ankyrin Repeat and SOCS Box-Containing Protein 4; Atf6: Activating Transcription Factor6; BSP: Bisphosphonates; Calca: Calcitonin, Alpha Cdkn2a: Cyclin-Dependent Kinase ..
- Tunicamycin sensitizes human melanoma cells to tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-induced apoptosis by up-regulation of TRAIL-R2 via the unfolded protein responseChen Chen Jiang
Immunology and Oncology Unit, Newcastle Misericordiae Hospital, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Cancer Res 67:5880-8. 2007..transmembrane kinase and endonuclease 1alpha (IRE1alpha) and activation of transcription factor 6 (ATF6), respectively, seemed to be involved...
- Nicotine suppresses tunicamycin-induced, but not thapsigargin-induced, expression of GRP78 during ER stress-mediated apoptosis in PC12 cellsHarue Sasaya
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Chemistry, Materials and Bioengineering and High Technology Research Center, Kansai University, 3 3 35 Yamate cho, Suita, Osaka 564 8680, Japan
J Biochem 144:251-7. 2008..that the suppression of GRP78 expression by nicotine was achieved through the suppression of the Ire1-XBP1 and/or ATF6 pathways...
- Induction of Grp78/BiP by translational block: activation of the Grp78 promoter by ATF4 through and upstream ATF/CRE site independent of the endoplasmic reticulum stress elementsShengzhan Luo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90089 9176, USA
J Biol Chem 278:37375-85. 2003..While the activation of the Grp78 promoter by the ATF6 pathway through the endoplasmic reticulum stress elements (ERSEs) is well documented, the molecular mechanism ..
- In vivo regulation of Grp78/BiP transcription in the embryonic heart: role of the endoplasmic reticulum stress response element and GATA-4Changhui Mao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
J Biol Chem 281:8877-87. 2006..Previous studies establish that endoplasmic reticulum stress induces in vivo binding of YY1 and the nuclear form of ATF6 to the ERSE...
- BBF2H7, a novel transmembrane bZIP transcription factor, is a new type of endoplasmic reticulum stress transducerShinichi Kondo
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Kihara 5200, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:1716-29. 2007..reticulum (ER) stress transducers IRE1 (inositol requiring 1), PERK (PKR-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase), and ATF6 (activating transcription factor 6) are well known to transduce signals from the ER to the cytoplasm and nucleus ..
- Cytokines downregulate the sarcoendoplasmic reticulum pump Ca2+ ATPase 2b and deplete endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+, leading to induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress in pancreatic beta-cellsAlessandra K Cardozo
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Route de Lennik, 808 CP 618, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes 54:452-61. 2005..and PRK (RNA-dependent protein kinase)-like ER kinase (PERK)/activating transcription factor 4 (ATF4), but not ATF6. In contrast, the ER stress-inducing agent thapsigargin triggered these four pathways in parallel...
- Unfolded protein response and cell death after depletion of brefeldin A-inhibited guanine nucleotide-exchange protein GBF1Carmen Citterio
Translational Medicine Branch and Proteomics Core Facility, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2877-82. 2008..Upon ER stress, transcription factor ATF6 translocates from the ER to Golgi, where it is sequentially cleaved by site 1 and site 2 proteases, S1P and S2P, to ..
- Methamphetamine induces dopamine D1 receptor-dependent endoplasmic reticulum stress-related molecular events in the rat striatumSubramaniam Jayanthi
Molecular Neuropsychiatry Research Branch, National Institute of Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health NIH Department of Health and Human Services DHHS, Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, MD, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6092. 2009..We also measured the expression of these genes and of ATF4, ATF6, BiP/GRP78, and of GADD34 over a more extended time course...
- The HIV protease inhibitor saquinavir induces endoplasmic reticulum stress, autophagy, and apoptosis in ovarian cancer cellsKaren McLean
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Gynecol Oncol 112:623-30. 2009....
- Altered redox state of luminal pyridine nucleotides facilitates the sensitivity towards oxidative injury and leads to endoplasmic reticulum stress dependent autophagy in HepG2 cellsPéter Száraz
Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia, Medicina Sperimentale e Sanita Pubblica, Universita di Siena, Via Aldo Moro, 53100 Siena, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 42:157-66. 2010..Combined treatments resulted in the activation of ATF6 and procaspase-4, and in the induction of Grp78 and CHOP...
- Alterations in oxidative stress status modulate terminal differentiation in Atlantic salmon adipocytes cultivated in media rich in n-3 fatty acidsMarijana Todorcević
Nofima, Norwegian Institute of Food, Fisheries and Aquaculture Research, As, Norway
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 156:309-18. 2010..reduction of OS by alpha-TOC coincided with the increased gene expression of the activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6), a transducer of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-stress response...
- The flavoheme reductase Ncb5or protects cells against endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced lipotoxicityYongzhao Zhang
Department of Medicine, Hematology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Lipid Res 51:53-62. 2010..The ER stress response was assessed by induction of BiP, ATF3, ATF6, XBP-1, and C/EBP homologous protein (CHOP)...
- The SARS Coronavirus 3a protein causes endoplasmic reticulum stress and induces ligand-independent downregulation of the type 1 interferon receptorRinki Minakshi
Virology Group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 4:e8342. 2009..protein response (UPR), which includes the inositol-requiring enzyme 1 (IRE-1), activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) and PKR-like ER kinase (PERK) pathways, these were individually tested in 3a-expressing cells...
- CBF/NF-Y controls endoplasmic reticulum stress induced transcription through recruitment of both ATF6(N) and TBPRong Luo
Department of Molecular Genetics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Cell Biochem 104:1708-23. 2008..reticulum (ER) stress identified a composite promoter element, ERSE that interacts with both CBF/NF-Y (CBF) and ATF6(N) transcription factors...
- Herp is dually regulated by both the endoplasmic reticulum stress-specific branch of the unfolded protein response and a branch that is shared with other cellular stress pathwaysYanjun Ma
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 279:13792-9. 2004..mammalian unfolded protein response (UPR) includes two major branches: one(s) specific to ER stress (Ire1/XBP-1 and ATF6-dependent), and one(s) shared by other cellular stresses (PERK/eIF-2alpha phosphorylation-dependent)...
- Coordination of growth and endoplasmic reticulum stress signaling by regulator of calcineurin 1 (RCAN1), a novel ATF6-inducible genePeter J Belmont
San Diego State University Heart Institute, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92182, USA
J Biol Chem 283:14012-21. 2008..impair endoplasmic reticulum (ER) protein folding, leading to ER stress and activation of the transcription factor, ATF6. ATF6 binds to ER stress response elements in target genes, inducing expression of proteins that enhance the ER ..
- ATF6 is a transcription factor specializing in the regulation of quality control proteins in the endoplasmic reticulumYusuke Adachi
Department of Biophysics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Cell Struct Funct 33:75-89. 2008..Mammalian cells express three UPR transducers in the ER, namely IRE1, PERK and ATF6. The IRE1 pathway, which is conserved from yeast to humans, mediates transcriptional induction of not only ER ..
- West Nile virus infection activates the unfolded protein response, leading to CHOP induction and apoptosisGuruprasad R Medigeshi
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 N W 185th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
J Virol 81:10849-60. 2007..1-dependent splicing of X box binding protein 1 (XBP1) mRNA, activation of activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6), and protein kinase R-like endoplasmic reticulum (ER) kinase-dependent eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha (..
- The unfolded protein response of B-lymphocytes: PERK-independent development of antibody-secreting cellsJennifer N Gass
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University, Chicago, United States
Mol Immunol 45:1035-43. 2008..Three specific stress sensors, IRE1, PERK/PEK and ATF6, are central to the recognition of ER stress and induction of the UPR...
- Overexpression of endoplasmic reticulum-resident chaperone attenuates cardiomyocyte death induced by proteasome inhibitionHai Ying Fu
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 79:600-10. 2008..Since ER stress is involved in the development of heart failure, we investigated the role of ER-initiated cardiomyocyte death by proteasome inhibition...
- Restoration of visual function in P23H rhodopsin transgenic rats by gene delivery of BiP/Grp78Marina S Gorbatyuk
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:5961-6. 2010..In P23H rats, photoreceptor levels of cleaved ATF6, pEIF2alpha, CHOP, and caspase-7 were much higher than those of wild-type rats...
- The unfolded protein response in melanocytes: activation in response to chemical stressors of the endoplasmic reticulum and tyrosinase misfoldingPrashiela Manga
The Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 23:627-34. 2010..ER) triggers the unfolded protein response (UPR), comprising three signaling pathways initiated by Ire1, Perk and Atf6 respectively...
- Atypical induction of the unfolded protein response by mifepristoneN Dioufa
Department of Biochemistry, University of Athens Medical School, M Asias 75, 115 27, Athens, Greece
Endocrine 38:167-73. 2010..of RNA levels of the chaperone Grp94 and PDIa, as well as the endoplasmic reticulum stress-associated receptors ATF6, PERK and eIF2 but not of their downstream target, transcription factor ATF4...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor suppresses tunicamycin-induced upregulation of CHOP in neuronsGang Chen
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
J Neurosci Res 85:1674-84. 2007..induction, which includes the activation of transcription factors such as activating transcriptional factor 6 (ATF6) and C/EBP homologous protein (CHOP, also known as growth arrest and DNA damage-inducible gene 153 [GADD153])...
- Subtilase cytotoxin activates PERK, IRE1 and ATF6 endoplasmic reticulum stress-signalling pathwaysJennifer J Wolfson
Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Cell Microbiol 10:1775-86. 2008..The rapidity with which ER stress-signalling responses are triggered by exposure of cells to SubAB is consistent with the hypothesis that cleavage by the toxin causes BiP to dissociate from the signalling molecules...
- Astragalus polysaccharides decreased the expression of PTP1B through relieving ER stress induced activation of ATF6 in a rat model of type 2 diabetesNian Wang
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical College of Wuhan University, Hubei Provincial Key Laboratory of Allergy and Immune Related Diseases, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 307:89-98. 2009..Activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) was an ER stress regulated transmembrane transcription factor that activated the transcription of ER molecular ..
- Calnexin phosphorylation: linking cytoplasmic signalling to endoplasmic reticulum lumenal functionsEric Chevet
Avenir, INSERM U889, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, F 33076 Bordeaux, France
Semin Cell Dev Biol 21:486-90. 2010..presence of unfolded proteins from the lumen of the ER is mediated by the three ER membrane sensor proteins Ire1, ATF6 and PERK...
- A time-dependent phase shift in the mammalian unfolded protein responseHiderou Yoshida
Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8304, Japan
Dev Cell 4:265-71. 2003..The ATF6 and IRE1-XBP1 pathways are important for the refolding process in mammalian cells; activation of these ..
- Stable binding of ATF6 to BiP in the endoplasmic reticulum stress responseJingshi Shen
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, Fairchild 813B, MC 2420, 1212 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10027, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:921-32. 2005Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress-induced activation of ATF6, an ER membrane-bound transcription factor, requires a dissociation step from its inhibitory regulator, BiP...
- Dynamic recruitment of transcription factors and epigenetic changes on the ER stress response gene promotersGiacomo Donati
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie, Universita di Milano, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milano, Italy
Nucleic Acids Res 34:3116-27. 2006..Most genes are bound by XBP-1 after induction, some before induction, presumably by the inactive isoform. ATF6 and CHOP associate to largely different set of genes...
- [Unfolded protein response: its role in physiology and physiopathology]Fabienne Foufelle
INSERM U671, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S671, Centre Biomédical des Cordeliers, France
Med Sci (Paris) 23:291-6. 2007..transmembrane proteins of the ER : the PKR-like ER protein kinase (PERK), the activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) and the inositol requiring enzyme 1 (IRE-1)...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress induced by aqueous extracts of cigarette smoke in 3T3 cells activates the unfolded-protein-response-dependent PERK pathway of cell survivalArnd Hengstermann
Philip Morris Research Laboratories GmbH, Fuggerstr 3, D 51149 Cologne, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 44:1097-107. 2008..e., ATF6 and IRE1...
- [Some factors, with an impact on the outcome of the Hungarian Liver Transplant Program, with special consideration of the hepatitis C virus]Balazs Nemes
Semmelweis Egyetem, Transzplantációs és Sebészeti Klinika, 1082 Budapest, Baross u 23
Magy Seb 61:42-7. 2008..All chaperones (XBP1, ATF6, HSP70, GRP98, GP96, Calnexin and Calreticulin) were upregulated in the graft biopsies of HCV positive patients, ..
- Essential role of the unfolded protein response regulator GRP78/BiP in protection from neuronal apoptosisM Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
Cell Death Differ 17:488-98. 2010..Our studies uncover a novel link between GRP78 depletion and reduction in cytosolic ubiquitination and establish a novel mouse model of accelerated cerebellar degeneration with basic and clinical applications...
- Different mechanisms of recognition and ER retention by transmembrane transcription factors CREB-H and ATF6Marta Llarena
Marie Curie Research Institute, The Chart, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0TL, UK
Traffic 11:48-69. 2010CREB-H and activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) are transmembrane transcription factors that, in response to endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress, traffic to the Golgi where they are cleaved by specific proteases, producing the N-..
- EBNA3C interacts with Gadd34 and counteracts the unfolded protein responseJose L Garrido
University of Pittsburgh and Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, One Children s Hospital Drive, 4401 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, USA
Virol J 6:231. 2009..of the unfolded protein response as measured by XBP1 (u) versus XBP1(s) protein expression and N-terminal ATF6 cleavage...
- Cross-talk of intracellular calcium stores in the response to neuronal ischemia and ischemic toleranceJan Lehotsky
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Comenius University, Jessenius Faculty of Medicine, SK 03601, Martin, Slovakia
Gen Physiol Biophys 28:F104-14. 2009..by preischemic treatment by the increased expression of Ca(2+) binding protein: GRP 78 and transcriptional factor ATF6 in reperfusion times...
- Exercise training increases hepatic endoplasmic reticulum (er) stress protein expression in MTP-inhibited high-fat fed ratsNatalie Ann Chapados
Department of Kinesiology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Biochem Funct 28:202-10. 2010..01). MTPX injection in HF but not in SD-fed animals resulted in an increase in BiP/GRP78, ATF6, PERK, and XBP-1 mRNA levels, (p < 0...
- Skeletal muscles of Uchl3 knockout mice show polyubiquitinated protein accumulation and stress responsesRieko Setsuie
Department of Degenerative Neurological Diseases, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
Neurochem Int 56:911-8. 2010..In this study, we show that skeletal muscles of Uchl3(-/-) mice exhibit the up-regulation of cleaved ATF6, Grp78, and PDI as well as HSP27, HSP70, HSP90 and HSP110, which indicate the induction of stress responses...
- Activation of ER stress and apoptosis by hydrogen peroxide in HeLa cells: protective role of mild heat preconditioning at 40°CPragathi Pallepati
Départment des sciences biologiques and TOXEN, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1987-99. 2011..min) of cells to H(2)O(2) (15-50 μM) activated the UPR: expression of p-PERK, p-eIF2α and p-IRE1α increased, and ATF6 cleavage occurred...
- InterfERing with endoplasmic reticulum stressHonorata Kraskiewicz
National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Science, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Trends Pharmacol Sci 33:53-63. 2012..ER stress: the protein kinase RNA-activated (PKR)-like ER kinase (PERK) arm, the activated transcription factor 6 (ATF6) arm and the inositol-requiring enzyme 1 (IRE1) arm...
- Sensing endoplasmic reticulum stressVipul M Parmar
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Durham University, Durham, UK
Adv Exp Med Biol 738:153-68. 2012..Mis- or unfolded proteins are sensed by specialized ER stress sensors, such as IRE1, PERK and ATF6, which initiate several cellular responses and signaling pathways to restore ER homeostasis...
- Binding of human BiP to the ER stress transducers IRE1 and PERK requires ATPSi Nga Sou
Centre for Process Systems Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology, Imperial College, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 420:473-8. 2012..ATP, but not ADP, was required to isolate the BiP-IRE1 and the BiP-PERK complexes, but the BiP-ATF6 complex was purified in all conditions tested...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress is involved in granulosa cell apoptosis during follicular atresia in goat ovariesPengfei Lin
Key Laboratory of Animal Reproductive Endocrinology and Embryo Biotechnology of the Ministry of Agriculture, College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, China
Mol Reprod Dev 79:423-32. 2012..Activating transcription factor-6 (ATF6) and ATF4 mRNAs were significantly increased during granulosa cell apoptosis in vivo; in contrast to ATF6, ATF4 ..
- 6-Shogaol induces apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells and exhibits anti-tumor activity in vivo through endoplasmic reticulum stressRong Hu
State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e39664. 2012..However, the effect on the other two UPR sensors IRE1 and ATF6 was not obvious...
- Gene regulatory network of unfolded protein response genes in endoplasmic reticulum stressSayuri Takayanagi
Department of Life Sciences, Meiji University, 1 1 1 Higashimita, Tama ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, 214 8571, Japan
Cell Stress Chaperones 18:11-23. 2013..PKR-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase (PERK), inositol-requiring 1 (IRE1), activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6), and ATF4...
- Unfolded protein responseStewart Siyan Cao
Center for Neuroscience, Aging, and Stem Cell Research, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Curr Biol 22:R622-6. 2012..This unfolded protein response (UPR) increases the ER protein-folding capacity, reduces global protein synthesis, and enhances ERAD of misfolded proteins...
- Endoplasmic reticulum ribosome-binding protein 1 (RRBP1) overexpression is frequently found in lung cancer patients and alleviates intracellular stress-induced apoptosis through the enhancement of GRP78H Y Tsai
1 Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan 2 Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Oncogene 32:4921-31. 2013..Our results also indicated that RRBP1 may involve in the regulation of mRNA stability of UPR components including ATF6 and GRP78. Taken together, RRBP1 could alleviate ER stress and help cancer cell survive...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress signaling: the microRNA connectionMarion Maurel
Inserm U1053, Bordeaux, France
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 304:C1117-26. 2013..ER-resident stress sensors, namely PKR-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase (PERK), activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6), and inositol requiring enzyme 1 (IRE1)...
- Expression of autophagy and UPR genes in the developing brain during ethanol-sensitive and resistant periodsAlexander Alimov
Department of Molecular and Biochemical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 132 Health Sciences Research Building, 1095 Veterans Drive, Lexington, KY, 40536, USA
Metab Brain Dis 28:667-76. 2013..was much higher on PD4 than PD12; in contrast, the expression of genes that regulate UPR and autophagy, such as atf6, atg4, atg9, atg10, beclin1, bnip3, cebpb, ctsb, ctsd, ctss, grp78, ire1α, lamp, lc3 perk, pik3c3, and sqstm1 was ..
- Calnexin silencing in mouse neonatal cardiomyocytes induces Ca2+ cycling defects, ER stress, and apoptosisNicolas Bousette
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Heart and Stroke Richard Lewar Centre of Excellence, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Physiol 229:374-83. 2014..CNX silenced cardiomyocytes exhibited ER stress as evidenced by increased GRP78 and ATF6 protein levels, increased levels of spliced XBP1 mRNA, ASK-1, ERO1a, and CHOP mRNA levels...
- Zhangfei/CREB-ZF - a potential regulator of the unfolded protein responseRui Zhang
Department of Microbiology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e77256. 2013..UPR are regulated by three basic leucine-zipper (bLZip) motif-containing transcription factors - Xbp1s, ATF4 and ATF6. A failure of the UPR to achieve homeostasis and its continued stimulation leads to apoptosis...
- 14 The Role of ER Stress in Vascular CalcificationM Furmanik
King s College London, Cardiovascular Division, James Black Centre, London, UK
Heart 100:A5-6. 2014..pathway called the unfolded protein response (UPR), mediated by three main ER stress transducers IRE1, PERK and ATF6. ER stress has been implicated in bone development...
- Liraglutide alleviates diabetic cardiomyopathy by blocking CHOP-triggered apoptosis via the inhibition of the IRE-α pathwayYuqiang Ji
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, First Hospital of Xi an, Xi an, Shaanxi 710002, P R China
Mol Med Rep 9:1254-8. 2014..ER stress unfolded protein response (UPR) hallmarks [inositol-requiring enzyme-α (IRE-α), p-Perk and ATF6] and transcription factors were detected with western blotting...
- The PERK-eIF2α signaling pathway is involved in TCDD-induced ER stress in PC12 cellsZhiqing Duan
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Public Health, Nantong University, Nantong, 226001 Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Neurotoxicology 44:149-59. 2014..contrast, TCDD did not appear to affect inositol-requiring enzyme 1 (IRE1) and activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6), two other UPR sensors...
- [Bone and Calcium Research Update 2015. The regulation of proliferation and differentiation by the ER stress transducer in chondrocytes]Kazunori Imaizumi
Department of Biochemistry, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Japan
Clin Calcium 25:29-36. 2015BBF2H7 is an ER-resident transmembrane transcription factor which is structurally similar to ATF6, one of the canonical ER stress transducers, and preferentially expresses in chondrocytes...
- Imaging of single cell responses to ER stress indicates that the relative dynamics of IRE1/XBP1 and PERK/ATF4 signalling rather than a switch between signalling branches determine cell survivalF Walter
Centre for Systems Medicine and Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, 123 St Stephen s Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Cell Death Differ 22:1502-16. 2015..the unfolded protein response (UPR) mediated via the activation of three transmembrane proteins IRE1, PERK and ATF6. Signalling through these proteins is aimed at enhancing the ER folding capacity and reducing the folding load...
- Activation of the Unfolded Protein Response in Sporadic Inclusion-Body Myositis but Not in Hereditary GNE Inclusion-Body MyopathyAnna Nogalska
From the USC Neuromuscular Center, Department of Neurology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles, California AN, CDA, WKE, MC, VA and Department of Biophysics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan SA, km
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 74:538-46. 2015..transcription factor 4 (ATF4) protein and increased mRNA of its target C/EBP homologous protein; 2) cleavage of the ATF6 and increased mRNA of its target glucose-regulated protein 78; and 3) an increase of the spliced form of X-box ..
- Activation of endoplasmic reticulum stress is involved in the activity of icariin against human lung adenocarcinoma cellsShouyin Di
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, 1 Xinsi Road, Xi an, 710038, China
Apoptosis 20:1229-41. 2015..Furthermore, ICA treatment increased the expression of ERS-related molecules (p-PERK, ATF6, GRP78, p-eIF2α, and CHOP), up-regulated the apoptosis-related protein PUMA and down-regulated the anti-apoptosis-..
- Bicyclol attenuates tetracycline-induced fatty liver associated with inhibition of hepatic ER stress and apoptosis in miceXiao Min Yao
a Faculty of Pharmacy, Zhejiang Pharmaceutical College, Ningbo 315100, PR China
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 94:1-8. 2016..The gene expressions of ER stress-related markers, including CHOP, GRP78, IRE-1α, and ATF6, which were downregulated by bicyclol pretreatment in tetracycline-injected mice...
- HCV induces transforming growth factor β1 through activation of endoplasmic reticulum stress and the unfolded protein responsePattranuch Chusri
Liver Center and Gastrointestinal Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Sci Rep 6:22487. 2016..UPR is directed by three ER transmembrane proteins including ATF6, IRE1, and PERK. HCV increases TGF-β1 and oxidative stress, which play important roles in liver fibrogenesis...
- NOD1 and NOD2 signalling links ER stress with inflammationA Marijke Keestra-Gounder
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of California at Davis, One Shields Ave, Davis, California 95616, USA
Nature 532:394-7. 2016..ER stress induces the unfolded protein response, which involves activation of three transmembrane receptors, ATF6, PERK and IRE1α...
- Oxidative stress caused by a SOD1 deficiency ameliorates thioacetamide-triggered cell death via CYP2E1 inhibition but stimulates liver steatosisTakaya Shirato
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Yamagata University, 2 2 2 Iidanishi, Yamagata, 990 9585, Japan
Arch Toxicol . 2016..Both cleaved ATF6, a transcriptional regulator that is activated by endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress, and CHOP, a death signal ..
- Targeting the angio-proteostasis network: Combining the forces against cancerLindsey Devisscher
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Pharmacol Ther 167:1-12. 2016..between angiogenic factors such as VEGF-A or PlGF and the individual members of the UPR such as IRE1, PERK and ATF6. We further describe how this interaction does not only affect the cancer cells, but also the surrounding ..
- Unveiling the Role of the Integrated Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Response in Leishmania Infection - Future PerspectivesK L Dias-Teixeira
Institute of Biophysics Carlos Chagas Filho, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Front Immunol 7:283. 2016..ER kinase (PERK) that phosphorylates the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 and transcription factor 6 (ATF6). The roles of IRE-1, PERK, and ATF4 in viral and some bacterial infections are well characterized...
- Astragalus polysaccharide modulates ER stress response in an OVA-LPS induced murine model of severe asthmaYuan Lu
Pediatric Institution of Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, 210023, China Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Pediatric Respiratory Disease, Nanjing, 210023, China
Int J Biol Macromol 93:995-1006. 2016..Moreover, APS substantially blocks the nuclear translocation of ATF6 and NF-κB p65...
- Activation of UPR Signaling Pathway is Associated With the Malignant Progression and Poor Prognosis in Prostate CancerJunnan Liu
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Prostate 77:274-281. 2017Currently, the role of UPR signaling in prostate cancer (PCa) is unclear. To evaluate the relationship between UPR signaling pathway and the prognosis of PCa, we explored the expression of IRE1, PERK, and ATF6 in tissues.
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress response is involved in nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced apoptosisS Tsutsumi
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
Cell Death Differ 11:1009-16. 2004..Three factors that positively regulate CHOP expression (ATF6, ATF4 and XBP-1) were activated and/or induced by indomethacin...
- Coping with the stress: expression of ATF4, ATF6, and downstream targets in organs of hibernating ground squirrelsHapsatou Mamady
Institute of Biochemistry and Department of Biology, Carleton University, 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ont, Canada K1S 5B6
Arch Biochem Biophys 477:77-85. 2008..The responses of other proteins involved in the UPR including p-PERK, ATF6, GADD153, and GADD34 were also evaluated...
- CHAC1/MGC4504 is a novel proapoptotic component of the unfolded protein response, downstream of the ATF4-ATF3-CHOP cascadeImran N Mungrue
Department of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Immunol 182:466-76. 2009..of CHAC1 by the ATF4-ATF3-CHOP (C/EBP homologous protein), and not parallel XBP1 (X box-binding protein 1) or ATF6 pathways, using siRNA and/or overexpression plasmids...
- Induction of unfolded protein response during neuronal induction of rat bone marrow stromal cells and mouse embryonic stem cellsYoon Mi Cho
Department of Biochemistry, 2MRC for Cell Death Disease Research Center, Korea
Exp Mol Med 41:440-52. 2009..BIP/GRP78 protein expression was time-dependently increased, and three branches of UPR were all activated. ATF6 increased the transcription of XBP1 which was successfully spliced by IRE1...
- Structure and Function of Proteins in Unfolded Protein ResponseZhaohui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2005..A class of novel ER trans-membrane receptors including IRE1, PERK, and ATF6 mediate activation of the UPR...
- Fatty acid synthase inhibitors and prostate cancerSteven J Kridel; Fiscal Year: 2010..embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs) with pathway specific mutations to determine the contribution of the PERK, IRE1 and ATF6 signaling pathways to the ER stress response when FAS is inhibited...
- NIH Director's Pioneer AwardJunying Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2009..No Abstract provided ..
- CFTR Biogenesis and Function in EpitheliaZsuzsa Bebok; Fiscal Year: 2012..The mechanism of repression involves DNA hypermethylation, histone deacetylation and the binding of ATF6, the UPR-activated transcription factor, to the CFTR minimal promoter...
- DHAN V KALVAKOLANU; Fiscal Year: 2014..Notably, Activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6), a key regulator of endoplasmic reticulum-dependent stress responses, appears to regulate DAPK1 expression...
- Matthew M Lavail; Fiscal Year: 2014..We found that three parallel branches of the UPR, governed by IRE1, ATF6 and PERK, behave significantly differently in time course and that these differences in the duration of their ..
- Mechanisms of ER stress - induced fatty liverD Thomas Rutkowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..of genes involved in maintaining lipid homeostasis;mice genetically deficient in the ER stress-sensing protein ATF6[unreadable] fail to overcome ER stress, and become profoundly steatotic upon challenge...
- Scott R Whittemore; Fiscal Year: 2015..The 3 pathways involved in the ERSR involve PERK, IRE1/XBP-1, and ATF6 signaling. Preliminary data demonstrate upregulation of all 3 ERSR pathways following SCI...
- Avoiding toxicity associated with MTP ablationM Mahmood Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fifth, importance of the ER stress pathways will be substantiated using ATF6-/-, CHOP-/- and Alb-Cre-Ire11fl/fl mice fed MTP inhibitors...
- Restoration of Endoplasmic Reticulum Function in Experimental StrokeWulf Paschen; Fiscal Year: 2013..The objective here is to create transgenic animals expressing the short form of ATF6, a transcription factor required to restore impaired ER function...
- Role of ER Stress in the Pathogenesis of Primary Open Angle GlaucomaGULAB ZODE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically, the candidate will learn and generate new models of ER stress using Atf6[unreadable] and Chop knockout mice, generate induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)-derived trabecular meshwork- ..
- DOROTHY EILEEN VATNER; Fiscal Year: 2016..cardiac cell survival through a novel mechanism by enhancing the response to ER stress via the activation of ATF6 /GRP78 signaling...
- Scott R Whittemore; Fiscal Year: 2015..The ERSR has three arms initiated by PERK, IRE1, ATF6, respectively...
- Donald B Jump; Fiscal Year: 2015..Finally, elevated hepatic Elovl5 activity attenuated stress pathways ([ER-stress, XBP1 and ATF6];NFkB, Jnk &p38) and induced the anti-oxidant enzyme, i.e., hemeoxygenase-1 (HMOX1)...
- Role of aberrant organelle stress responses in alcohol-induced liver injuryCheng Ji; Fiscal Year: 2012..PCR (qPCR) and ChIP assays, we will study the recruitment of promoter specific transcription factors (XBP-1, CHOP, ATF6, ATF4, CREB, TORC3, PGC-1a), general transcription factors (Pol II, NF-Y, NFR, Sp1, TBP and p300) and epigenetic ..
- Randal J Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Upon accumulation of unfolded proteins in the lumen of the ER, PERK, IREIa, and ATF6a are activated to increase the capacity of the ER to meet the demand for increased protein folding and to increase ..
- Julio A Aguirre-Ghiso; Fiscal Year: 2016..We also found that (ii) the TF ATF6a regulates the survival component of dormancy by controlling an alternative pathway to mTOR activation Indeed, ..
- KIRSTEN C SADLER EDEPLI; Fiscal Year: 2016..use this to determine how steatosis caused by chronic UPR activation is reduced when one of the key UPR players, Atf6, is depleted whereas steatosis caused by acute UPR activation worsens with Atf6 depletion...
- Roles for ER Stress Inducible Cardiomyokines in the heartChristopher C Glembotski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using a genomics approach we identified a group of genes induced by the ATF6 branch of the ER stress response (ERSR) that encode proteins predicted to have para/autocrine effects on the heart...
- Robert W Simms; Fiscal Year: 2015..associated with SSc-PAH, induces a stress/unfolded protein response (UPR), and that stress response genes, ATF4 and ATF6 are more broadly upregulated in SSc...
- CHARLES F GROSE; Fiscal Year: 2015..expanded experimental approach directed toward the three sensor pathways that lead from ER stress to the UPR (IRE1, ATF6 and PERK)...
- Mobilization of lysosome anti-microbial defenses by the unfolded protein responseMARY O'RIORDAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..using physical and functional markers upon activation of the UPR;(2) define the role of the UPR sensors, Ire1, ATF6 and PERK in regulating specific aspects of lysosomal trafficking and function in response to innate immune signals ..
- Novel Mechanisms of ER Stress Regulation in Ageing and Diseased HeartDEANNA LEE BORCHARDT STEIGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..A surge of new discoveries has led to the identification and characterization of IRE11, PERK, and ATF6, the highly conserved UPR machinery that maintains ER homeostasis...
- Dissection of SREBP/ATF6 crosstalk in alcohol-induced steatosisDeanna L Howarth; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research proposal is based on preliminary data that suggests depletion of a key mediator of the UPR, ATF6, reduces alcoholic steatosis in larval zebrafish, a novel tool for studying ALD...
- David H Broide; Fiscal Year: 2016..regulates expression of multiple epithelial pathways (inflammation, remodeling, repair), as well as the ER ATF6 pathway which together play an important role in the pathogenesis of asthma...
- Structure and Function of Proteins in the Unfolded Protein ResponseZhaohui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..A class of novel transmembrane ER stress sensors including IRE1, PERK, and ATF6 mediate activation of the UPR. Our current study will focus on the structure and function of IRE1 and PERK...
- The Unfolded Protein Response After Brain IschemiaDONALD DEGRACIA; Fiscal Year: 2006..and resistant brain regions the activation of the UPR by characterizing activation of its three effectors ATF6, IRE1alpha, and PERK...
- Mitotic Checkpoint & Genomic Stability in Ovarian CancerDong Yan Jin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further elucidation of the causative roles of checkpoint defects for drug resistance will reveal novel strategies for combination therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BAX/BAK control ER-mitochondria apoptotic crosstalkSCOTT OAKES; Fiscal Year: 2007..The sponsor, Dr. Stanley J. Korsmeyer, is a world-leader in the field of apoptosis with a strong record of training successful basic investigators. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Staged Strategy for Virus Identification and DiscoveryW Ian Lipkin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our initial focus will be two chronic diseases where specific viral taxa are associated and potentially implicated in pathogenesis: bronchioalveolar cell carcinoma and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. ..
- ATF3 in Beta cell signaling, expression & destructionTsonwin Hai; Fiscal Year: 2006..Blood glucose levels and diabetes incidence will be analyzed to determine whether ATF3 knockout mice are less sensitive to STZ than wild type mice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mass Tag PCR Detection of Respiratory PathogensW Ian Lipkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A Staged Strategy for Virus Identification and DiscoveryWALTER LIPKIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Consistent with aims proposed in AI51292, our initial clinical application will be to analyze enteroviral serotypes implicated in human disease in North America. ..
- TUMOR GROWTH INHIBITION BY INTERFERON B AND RETINOIDSDHAN KALVAKOLANU; Fiscal Year: 2001..This proposal is a translational study that provides a basis and the necessary reagents for future phase II trials with IFN/RA or other drug combinations for cancer therapy. ..
- Free Fatty Acids and Hepatic Insulin ResistanceGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will hopefully provide much needed information relative to important details and mechanisms of FFA induced hepatic insulin resistance. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Intracellular signaling in anesthetic and hypoxic preconditioning of neuronsPhilip E Bickler; Fiscal Year: 2010..The work will also identify why the aging brain may not be able to benefit from the neuroprotective actions of anesthetics or other preconditioning treatments. ..
- ROLES FOR P38 MAP KINASES IN CARDIAC MYOCYTE GROWTHCHRISTOPHER GLEMBOTSKI; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Fat Induced Insulin Resistance and AtherosclerosisGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that these studies will provide important new information relative to the mechanism by which obesity and FFAs cause IR and ASVD in human subjects. ..
- Pathogen Discovery in Chronic Lung Disease by Mass Tag PCR and MicroarrayW Ian Lipkin; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF A NEUROTROPIC AGENT--BORNA VIRUSWALTER LIPKIN; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ATF3 and iNOS in Islet Distruction and Graft RejectionTsonwin Hai; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- The ER Stress Response and ATF6 Activation in the HeartCHRISTOPHER GLEMBOTSKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..One pro-survival branch of the ERSR is mediated by the ER membrane protein, ATF6 alpha...
- A DEVELOPMENTAL MODEL FOR AUTISM BASED ON CNS INFECTIONWALTER LIPKIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..4) Determine how opoptosis contributes to the neuropathology observed after neonatal infection. (5) Analyze regional changes in neurotransmitter systems following neonatal infection. ..
- FAT MEDIATED INSULIN SECRETION AND DIABETES IN ELDERLYGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hope that this project will help to better understand the mechanisms by which obesity contributes to the development of NIDDM. ..
- BORNA DISEASE VIRUS AND NEUROPSYCHIATRIC DISEASEWALTER LIPKIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will be the first to collect and process human sera and PBMC samples in clinical laboratories with no history of BDV research and dispense aliquots to a central laboratory for randomized, blinded analysis. ..