Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ASS1
Description: argininosuccinate synthase 1
Alias: ASS, CTLN1, argininosuccinate synthase, argininosuccinate synthetase 1, citrulline-aspartate ligase
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Arginine metabolism and the synthesis of nitric oxide in the nervous systemH Wiesinger
Physiologisch chemisches Institut der Universität, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 4, D 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Prog Neurobiol 64:365-91. 2001..Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase which together can recycle the NOS coproduct L-citrulline to L-arginine are expressed ..
- Molecular structure of the human argininosuccinate synthetase gene: occurrence of alternative mRNA splicingS O Freytag
Mol Cell Biol 4:1978-84. 1984..These observations show that splicing of the argininosuccinate synthetase mRNA is species specific in primates and varies among different human cell types...
- Aberrant regulation of argininosuccinate synthetase by TNF-alpha in human epithelial ovarian cancerPeter W Szlosarek
Cancer Research UK, Translational Oncology Laboratory, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 121:6-11. 2007....
- Reduced argininosuccinate synthetase is a predictive biomarker for the development of pulmonary metastasis in patients with osteosarcomaEisuke Kobayashi
Chemotherapy Division, National Cancer Centre Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 9:535-44. 2010..We identified argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) as a gene differentially expressed with the highest statistical significance (Welch's t test, P = 2.2 x 10(-5))...
- Correction of argininosuccinate synthetase (AS) deficiency in a murine model of citrullinemia with recombinant adenovirus carrying human AS cDNAX Ye
Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Gene Ther 7:1777-82. 2000..We have explored the use of adenoviral vectors as a treatment modality in a murine model of citrullinemia, the Ass mouse. The Ass mouse has no endogenous AS activity due to a targeted interruption of the AS gene...
- Mild citrullinemia in Caucasians is an allelic variant of argininosuccinate synthetase deficiency (citrullinemia type 1)Johannes Haberle
Universitatsklinikum Munster, Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderheilkunde, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Mol Genet Metab 80:302-6. 2003Citrullinemia is caused by either deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS, citrullinemia type 1) or a defect of the SLC25A13 gene encoding a mitochondrial aspartate-glutamate transporter (citrullinemia type II)...
- Slc25a13-knockout mice harbor metabolic deficits but fail to display hallmarks of adult-onset type II citrullinemiaDavid S Sinasac
Genetics and Genomic Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Mol Cell Biol 24:527-36. 2004..The absence of citrin leads to a liver-specific, quantitative decrease of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), causing hyperammonemia and citrullinemia...
- Identification of two novel mutations in the SLC25A13 gene and detection of seven mutations in 102 patients with adult-onset type II citrullinemiaT Yasuda
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Hum Genet 107:537-45. 2000..type II citrullinemia (CTLN2) is characterized by a liver-specific deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) protein. We have recently identified the gene responsible for CTLN2, viz...
- [Adult-onset citrullinemia]Shu Ichi Ikeda
Department of Internal Medicine Neurology and Rheumatology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Brain Nerve 59:59-66. 2007..of citrulline and ammonia in the plasma, which is ascribed to a deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), one of the urea cycle enzymes mainly located in the liver...
- Genomic structure of the adult-onset type II citrullinemia gene, SLC25A13, and cloning and expression of its mouse homologueD S Sinasac
Department of Genetics and Genomic Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Genomics 62:289-92. 1999Citrullinemia is an autosomal recessive disease characterized by an argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) deficiency...
- Pregnancy in a healthy woman with untreated citrullinemiaMurray A Potter
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 129:77-82. 2004..on a second successful pregnancy in a woman with citrullinemia due to argininosuccinate synthetase deficiency (CTLN1)...
- Mutation analysis of Korean patients with citrullinemiaK M Hong
Department of Biochemistry, Wonkwang University College of Medicine, Iksan, Korea
Mol Cells 10:465-8. 2000Citrullinemia is an autosomal recessive disease due to the mutations in the argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) gene. Mutation analysis was performed on three Korean patients with citrullinemia...
- Role of the L-citrulline/L-arginine cycle in iNANC nerve-mediated nitric oxide production and airway smooth muscle relaxation in allergic asthmaHarm Maarsingh
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, University Centre for Pharmacy, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 546:171-6. 2006..In NO-producing cells, L-citrulline can be recycled to L-arginine in a two-step reaction involving argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and -lyase (ASL)...
- Almost all about citrulline in mammalsE Curis
Laboratoire de Biomathématiques, E A 2498, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Amino Acids 29:177-205. 2005..synthase (NOS) and ornithine carbamoyltransferase (OCT) which produce citrulline, and argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) that converts it into argininosuccinate...
- Assessment of the potential for displacement interactions with sugammadex: a pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modelling approachAlex Zwiers
Schering Plough Research Institute, a Division of MSD, Newhouse, Scotland, UK
Clin Drug Investig 31:101-11. 2011..Cyclodextrins are known to form inclusion complexes with other compounds...
- The evolution of aging: a new approach to an old problem of biologyJ T Bowles
Med Hypotheses 51:179-221. 1998..This advantage of aging led to the evolution of aging systems (ASs). Periodic predation was the most prevalent episodic selection pressure in evolution...
- Effects of acute ammonia toxicity on nitric oxide (NO), citrulline-NO cycle enzymes, arginase and related metabolites in different regions of rat brainM Swamy
Department of Chemical Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, Health Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Neurosci Res 53:116-22. 2005..by-product of the NOS reaction, can be recycled to arginine by successive actions of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) via the citrulline-NO cycle...
- Argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase: two ornithine cycle enzymes from Agaricus bisporusMatthijs J M Wagemaker
Department of Microbiology, IWWR, Radboud University Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, NL 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mycol Res 111:493-502. 2007..Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) are two ornithine cycle enzymes catalysing the last two steps in the arginine ..
- Alterations in glomerular anionic sites in canine anti-glomerular basement membrane nephritis with onset of severe proteinuriaJ Sugimoto
Mitsubishi Kasei Corporation, Research Center, School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University, Yokohama, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 22:316-23. 1994..Alterations of anionic sites (ASs) of glomerular basement membrane (GBM) in peripheral, proximal, and paramesangial portions were studied ..
- Brain nitric oxide production by a proline-rich decapeptide from Bothrops jararaca venom improves baroreflex sensitivity of spontaneously hypertensive ratsClaudiana Lameu
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hypertens Res 33:1283-8. 2010..of nitric oxide (NO), which is synthesized by NO synthase (NOS) in the citrulline-NO cycle (with argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) activity being the rate-limiting step), contributes to impaired baroreflex...
- Evaluation of endogenous nitric oxide synthesis in congenital urea cycle enzyme defectsHironori Nagasaka
Division of Metabolism, Chiba Children s Hospital, Chiba 266 0007, Japan
Metabolism 58:278-82. 2009..NOS reaction, can be recycled to arginine by the 2 enzymes acting in the urea cycle: argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL)...
- [Effects of high sodium intake on ventricular remodeling in mice]P V Ennezat
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:935-9. 1998..6%: 0.64 +/- 0.01, 2%: 0.62 +/- 0.08 and 4%: 0.67 +/- 0.03 mm respectively) but LV septal wall thickness ass increased in a salt diet dependent manner (0.6%: 0.63 +/- 0.01, 2%: 0.75 +/- 0.01, 4%: 0.80 +/- 0.02 mm, p < 0...
- Cosegregation of open-angle glaucoma and the nail-patella syndromeP R Lichter
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48105, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 124:506-15. 1997..To evaluate two families ascertained only for the presence of glaucoma in which both nail-patella syndrome and glaucoma occur in several generations and to determine whether the two diseases are genetically related...
- Identification and preliminary validation of novel biomarkers of acute hepatic ischaemia/reperfusion injury using dual-platform proteomic/degradomic approachesS I Svetlov
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Mechanisims of Injury, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Biomarkers 11:355-69. 2006..liquid chromatography-tandem mass-spectrometry, we identified several hepatic proteins, including argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and estrogen sulfotransferase (EST-1), which were degraded in the liver and rapidly released into ..
- Activated microglia cells express argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase in the rat brain after transient ischemiaElisa Bizzoco
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, Section of Histology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini, 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
Exp Neurol 208:100-9. 2007Argininosuccinate-synthetase (ASS), argininosuccinate-lyase (ASL) and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) act in the l-arginine-NO-l-citrulline cycle...
- Pancreatic cancer cell lines deficient in argininosuccinate synthetase are sensitive to arginine deprivation by arginine deiminaseTawnya L Bowles
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Int J Cancer 123:1950-5. 2008..the non-essential amino acid arginine from aspartate and citrulline using the enzyme argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS)...
- Genetic variation in the urea cycle: a model resource for investigating key candidate genes for common diseasesSabrina Mitchell
Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Hum Mutat 30:56-60. 2009..cycle: carbamoyl-phosphate synthetase 1 (CPS1), ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC), argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS1), argininosuccinate lyase (ASL), and arginase 1 (ARG1)...
- Effects of crowding on ornithine-urea cycle enzyme mRNA expression and activity in gulf toadfish (Opsanus beta)Tammy Laberge
Division of Marine Biology and Fisheries, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, University of Miami, 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, FL 33149, USA
J Exp Biol 212:2394-402. 2009..Quantitative PCR was utilized to determine liver GS, CPS, OCT, ARG, argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) mRNA expression...
- Long-chain fatty acids suppress the induction of urea cycle enzyme genes by glucocorticoid actionM Tomomura
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka, Japan
FEBS Lett 399:310-2. 1996..effects of fatty acids on urea cycle enzyme, carbamoylphosphate synthetase (CPS) and argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), mRNA levels were examined in rat primary cultured hepatocytes...
- NADPH-diaphorase and cytosolic urea cycle enzymes in the rat spinal cordH Nakamura
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Comp Neurol 385:616-26. 1997Nitric oxide synthase (NOS), argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), and argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) compose a cyclic pathway to form nitric oxide (NO). These enzymes, however, are localized differentially in most regions of the brain...
- In vivo renal arginine release is impaired throughout development of chronic kidney diseaseGin Fu Chen
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F95-102. 2010The kidney is a major site of arginine synthesis where citrulline is converted to arginine via argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and lyase (ASL)...
- Citrulline-argininosuccinate-arginine cycle coupled to Ca2+-signaling in rat pancreatic beta-cellsM Nakata
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 235:619-24. 1997..The enzymes involved in citrulline-arginine metabolism, argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), argininosuccinate lyase (ASL), and NOS were expressed in rat islets and insulinoma HIT T15 cells...
- Activated microglia modulate astroglial enzymes involved in oxidative and inflammatory stress and increase the resistance of astrocytes to oxidative stress in vitroClaudia Röhl
Department of Anatomy, University of Kiel, Olshausenstr 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
Glia 56:1114-26. 2008..dismutases (Sod), peroxiredoxins, glutathione S-transferases (Gst), nucleoside diphosphate kinase B, argininosuccinate synthase (Ass), and cellular retinol-binding protein I (Rbp1)...
- Pegylated recombinant human arginase (rhArg-peg5,000mw) inhibits the in vitro and in vivo proliferation of human hepatocellular carcinoma through arginine depletionPaul Ning Man Cheng
Cancer Drug R and D Centre and Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Res 67:309-17. 2007..HCC) is believed to be auxotrophic for arginine through the lack of expression of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS)...
- Induction of arginosuccinate synthetase (ASS) expression affects the antiproliferative activity of arginine deiminase (ADI) in melanoma cellsAntonella Manca
Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, National Research Council, Traversa La Crucca, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Oncol Rep 25:1495-502. 2011..of arginine is mainly dependent on activity of ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC) and argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) enzymes. We evaluated the effect of ADI treatment on OTC and ASS expression in a series of melanoma cell lines...
- Alterations in glomerular anionic sites in the autologous phase of canine anti-glomerular basement membrane nephritisJ Sugimoto
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Yokohama Research Center, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 24:627-35. 1996..An alteration of anionic sites (ASs) of GBM was studied quantitatively using polyethyleneimine as a cationic probe by electron microscopy at weeks 1, 2,..
- Citrin deficiency, a perplexing global disorderDavid Dimmock
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, BCM225, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Genet Metab 96:44-9. 2009..A key diagnostic feature has been the deficient argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) activity (E.C. 220.127.116.11) in liver, with normal activity in skin fibroblasts...
- Arginine deiminase as a novel therapy for prostate cancer induces autophagy and caspase-independent apoptosisRandie H Kim
Department of Biological Chemistry, Division of Surgical Oncology, Center for Biophotonics and Science Technology, University of California at Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Cancer Res 69:700-8. 2009..The efficacy of ADI-PEG20 is directly correlated with argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) deficiency...
- Targeted cellular metabolism for cancer chemotherapy with recombinant arginine-degrading enzymesMacus Tien Kuo
Department of Molecular Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Oncotarget 1:246-51. 2010..carcinoma (HCC) are auxotrophic for arginine (Arg), because they do not express argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), the rate-limiting enzyme for the biosynthesis of arginine from citrulline...
- Assignment of the structural gene for argininosuccinate synthetase to proximal mouse chromosome 2M J Jackson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Genomics 6:545-7. 1990In order to develop linkage markers for the murine argininosuccinate synthetase locus (Ass-1), we have searched for restriction fragment length polymorphisms in the mouse genome using cloned sequences from the mouse arginosuccinate ..
- Inducible nitric oxide synthase and argininosuccinate synthetase: co-induction in brain tissue of patients with Alzheimer's dementia and following stimulation with beta-amyloid 1-42 in vitroJürgen Haas
Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Neurosci Lett 322:121-5. 2002..levels of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and the arginine regenerating enzyme argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) within cortices of AD patients suggesting high output NO production...
- Analysis of gene expression identifies differentially expressed genes and pathways associated with lymphatic dissemination in patients with adenocarcinoma of the esophagusS M Lagarde
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center at the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 15:3459-70. 2008..The aim of this study was to discover a prognostic gene expression profile for lymphatic dissemination in EA and to identify genes and pathways that provide oncological insight in lymphatic dissemination...
- Transient fulminant liver failure as an initial presentation in citrullinemia type IHannaneh Faghfoury
Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics, The Hospital for Sick Children and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mol Genet Metab 102:413-7. 2011Citrullinemia type I (CTLN1) is a urea cycle disorder which typically presents in the neonatal period or infancy with hyperammonemia and concurrent neurologic deterioration...
- Genetic alterations determine chemotherapy resistance in childhood T-ALL: modelling in stage-specific cell lines and correlation with diagnostic patient samplesDavid A Estes
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico Cancer Research and Treatment Center, Albuquerque, NM 87112, USA
Br J Haematol 139:20-30. 2007..Microarray analysis identified upregulation of asparagine synthetase (ASNS) and argininosuccinate synthase 1 (ASS1) to cell lines with acquired resistance to L-asp, and in the case of DNR, upregulation of ATP-..
- Recombinant human arginase inhibits proliferation of human hepatocellular carcinoma by inducing cell cycle arrestT L Lam
Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Lett 277:91-100. 2009..Expression profiling of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) and OTC in 40 HCC tumor biopsy specimens predicted that 16 of the patients would be ..
- The role of molecular testing and enzyme analysis in the management of hypomorphic citrullinemiaDavid P Dimmock
Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:2885-90. 2008..enzyme activity was not deficient in all patients with biallelic mutations suggesting this test cannot exclude the ASS1 locus in patients with mildly elevated plasma citrulline...
- Arginine deprivation and argininosuccinate synthetase expression in the treatment of cancerBarbara Delage
Queen Mary University of London, Centre for Molecular Oncology and Imaging, Institute of Cancer and CR UK Clinical Centre, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Charterhouse Square, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 126:2762-72. 2010..Tumoural downregulation of the enzyme argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS1), a recognised rate-limiting step in arginine synthesis, results in an intrinsic dependence on extracellular ..
- ADI, autophagy and apoptosis: metabolic stress as a therapeutic option for prostate cancerRandie H Kim
Department of Biological Chemistry, UC Davis Cancer Center, University of California Davis, 4645 2nd Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Autophagy 5:567-8. 2009..These cancers lose expression of an arginine synthesis enzyme, argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), and are susceptible to arginine deprivation by arginine deiminase (ADI)...
- [Secondary prevention of ischemic strokes: effect of dosage of aspirin]J Alvarez-Sabin
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital General i Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Neurol 25:541-4. 1997The value of acetylsalicylic acid (ASS) in the secondary prevention of ischemic stroke is well established. However, the optimum dose of AAS for stroke-threatened patients remains unsettled...
- The chemotherapy of rodent malaria. LXI. Drug combinations to impede the selection of drug resistance, part 4: the potential role of 8-aminoquinolinesW Peters
Centre for Tropical Antiprotozoal Chemotherapy, Y Block, Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research, Watford Road, Harrow HA1 3UJ, UK
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 97:221-36. 2003..chabaudi ASS (the 238C line) or P. yoelii ssp...
- Illustrated identification keys to strongylid parasites (Strongylidae: Nematoda) of horses, zebras and asses (Equidae)J Ralph Lichtenfels
Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, The Henry A Wallace Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 156:4-161. 2008The Equidae (the horse, Equus caballus, the ass, Equus asinus, zebras and their hybrids) are hosts to a great variety of nematode parasites, some of which can cause significant morbidity or mortality if individual hosts are untreated...
- Genetic diversity in Spanish donkey breeds using microsatellite DNA markersJ Aranguren-Mendez
Unitat de Genètica i Millora Animal, Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Facultat de Veterinaria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Genet Sel Evol 33:433-42. 2001..showed little differentiation between Spanish breeds, but great differentiation between them and the Moroccan ass and also with the horse, used as an outgroup...
- [Is sodium salicylate suitable as a protective agent in the analgesic-induced asthma syndrome?]A Schäufele
Hochgebirgsklinik Davos Wolfgang, Schweiz
Pneumologie 44:371-2. 1990..In none of the patients was the asthmatic reaction to acetylsalicylic acid (ASS) completely inhibited by the oral administration of NaS...
- The gene mutated in adult-onset type II citrullinaemia encodes a putative mitochondrial carrier proteinK Kobayashi
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Nat Genet 22:159-63. 1999..CTLN2 differs from classical citrullinaemia (CTLN1, OMIM 215700) in that CTLN1 is neonatal or infantile in onset, with ASS enzyme defects (in all tissues) arising ..
- Neuronal and glial coexpression of argininosuccinate synthetase and inducible nitric oxide synthase in Alzheimer diseaseM T Heneka
Department of Neurology, University of Bonn, Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 60:906-16. 2001The enzyme argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) is the rate limiting enzyme in the metabolic pathway leading from L-citrulline to L-arginine, the physiological substrate of all isoforms of nitric oxide synthases (NOS)...
- Therapy of Sneddon syndromeAgnes Floel
Department of Neurology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Eur Neurol 48:126-32. 2002..However, when we intensified antiplatelet therapy by combining clopidogrel and ASS, a slowing of disease progression, as assessed by neuropsychological testing and magnetic resonance imaging, was ..
- Transient ischemia increases neuronal nitric oxide synthase, argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase co-expression in rat striatal neuronsElisa Bizzoco
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, Section of Histology, University of Florence, Viale G Pieraccini, 6, 50134 Florence, Italy
Exp Neurol 204:252-9. 2007..Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), argininosuccinate lyase (ASL) and nNOS act in the L-arginine-NO-L-citrulline cycle permitting a correct NO ..
- [Treatment of locally recurrent rectal cancer]Johan N Wiig
Seksjon for onkologisk kirurgi, Kirurgisk klinikk, Rikshospitalet, 0027 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:3097-101. 2007It has not been common practice to operate local recurrence after rectal cancer and the treatment has received little attention in the J Norw Medical Ass.
- Real-time molecular recognition between protein and photosensitizer of photodynamic therapy by quartz crystal microbalance sensorYu Yang
Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, Key Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Anal Biochem 392:22-7. 2009..The kinetic rate constants (k(ass) and k(diss)) and the equilibrium association constant (K(A)) for p-THPP-Hb interaction were calculated by linear ..
- The lipid composition of a cell membrane modulates the interaction of an antiparasitic peptide at the air-water interfaceRondinelli D Herculano
Faculdade de Ciências e Letras de Assis, Universidade Estadual Paulista, SP, Brazil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1808:1907-12. 2011..the interaction of a lipophilic glutathioine peptide known to be effective against the African Sleeping Sickness (ASS - African Trypanosomiasis) and cell membrane models represented by Langmuir monolayers...
- The syntheses, structures and properties of three new lanthanoid thioarsenates: the only example of thioarsenate acting as a ligand to a lanthanide complexJian Zhou
College of Chemistry, Chongqing Normal University, Chongqing, 401331, PR China
Dalton Trans 42:11155-62. 2013Three new lanthanoid thioarsenates [Eu(en)3(η²-AsS₄)] (1, en = ethylenediamine), [Er(teta)(en)(η²-AsS₄)] (2, teta = triethylenetetramine) and [La₂(tepa)₂(μ-η¹,η³-AsS₃)₂] (3, tepa = tetraethylenepentamine) have been ..
- Occult cytomegalovirus cholangitis as a potential cause of cholestatic complications after orthotopic liver transplantation? A study of cytomegalovirus DNA in bileDaniel Nils Gotthardt
Department of Internal Medicine IV, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Liver Transpl 19:1142-50. 2013..The anastomotic stricture (AS) group comprised patients with ASs only (n = 53). In all, 124 OLT patients underwent 240 ERC procedures...
- Antisynthetase syndrome with refractory lung involvement and myositis successfully treated with double filtration plasmapheresisDuygu Emine Ersozlu Bozkirli
Department of Rheumatology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
J Clin Apher 28:422-5. 2013Antisynthetase syndrome (ASS) is characterized by inflammatory muscle disease, pulmonary and joint involvement, and antisynthetase autoantibodies, with anti-Jo-1 antibody being the most common...
- The hexacarbonyldicobalt derivative of aspirin acts as a CO-releasing NSAID on malignant mesothelioma cellsIlaria Zanellato
Dipartimento di Scienze e Innovazione Tecnologica DISIT, Sezione Ambiente Vita, Universita del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Viale T Michel 11, 15121 Alessandria, Italy
Metallomics 5:1604-13. 2013The antiproliferative activity of the aspirin derivative [2-acetoxy-(2-propynyl)benzoate]hexacarbonyldicobalt (Co-ASS) and its analogue hexacarbonyl[μ-(2-ethylphenyl)methanol]dicobalt (Co-EPM) was investigated on malignant pleural ..
- Emotion regulation predicts anxiety over a five-year interval: a cross-lagged panel analysisCarolin M Wirtz
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Depress Anxiety 31:87-95. 2014Emotion regulation (ER) deficits have been linked to symptoms of anxiety in cross-sectional studies. However, the direction of the relationship between ER and anxiety symptom severity (ASS) is unclear.
- Effective management for acidic pollution in the canal network of the Mekong Delta of Vietnam: a modeling approachNgo Dang Phong
International Rice Research Institute IRRI, Los Banos, Philippines University of Agriculture and Forestry, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam Electronic address
J Environ Manage 140:14-25. 2014..pollution can cause severe environmental consequences annually in coastal areas overlain with acid sulfate soils (ASS)...
- Biological active ingredients of traditional Chinese herb Astragalus membranaceus on treatment of diabetes: a systematic reviewKai Zhang
Department of Veterinary Science, University of Messina, 98168 Messina, Italy
Mini Rev Med Chem 15:315-29. 2015..of many Chinese herbal anti-diabetic formulas, is rich in anti-diabetic compounds: polysaccharides (APS), saponins (ASS), and flavonoids (ASF) etc...
- Sorption and biodegradation of artificial sweeteners in activated sludge processesNgoc Han Tran
NUS Environmental Research Institute, National University of Singapore, T lab Building, 02 01, 5A Engineering Drive 1, Singapore 117411, Singapore Electronic address
Bioresour Technol 197:329-38. 2015There is limited information on the occurrence and removal of artificial sweeteners (ASs) in biological wastewater treatment plants, and in particular, the contribution of sorption and biodegradation to their removal...
- Inhibition of the Polyamine Synthesis Pathway Is Synthetically Lethal with Loss of Argininosuccinate Synthase 1Matthew Locke
Centre for Molecular Oncology, Barts Cancer Institute, Queen Mary University of London, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Cell Rep 16:1604-13. 2016b>Argininosuccinate synthase 1 (ASS1) is the rate-limiting enzyme for arginine biosynthesis. ASS1 expression is lost in a range of tumor types, including 50% of malignant pleural mesotheliomas...
- Long-Term Clinical and Histological Effects of a Bipolar Fractional Radiofrequency System in the Treatment of Facial Atrophic Acne Scars and Acne Vulgaris in Japanese Patients: A Series of Eight CasesChikako Kaminaka
1 Department of Dermatology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Photomed Laser Surg 34:657-660. 2016This retrospective case series was designed to compare the long-term safety and efficacy of bipolar fractional radiofrequency (FRF) therapy as a treatment for atrophic acne scars (ASs) and acne vulgaris.
- Comparison of auditory stream segregation in sighted and early blind individualsFatemeh Moghadasi Boroujeni
Department of Audiology, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran Department of Audiology, School of Rehabilitation, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Neurosci Lett 638:218-221. 2016..of sighted and early blind individuals through spectral aspects using a psychoacoustic auditory stream segregation (ASS) test. This study was conducted on 16 sighted and 16 early blind adult individuals...
- Antisynthetase syndrome: Analysis of 11 casesEster Zamarrón-de Lucas
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Instituto de Investigación Hospital Universitario La Paz IdiPAZ, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Respiratorias CIBERES, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, España Electronic address
Med Clin (Barc) . 2017Antisynthetase syndrome (ASS) is characterised by a series of clinical manifestations such as myositis, fever, mechanic's hands and diffuse interstitial lung disease (ILD), all associated with positivity to antisynthetase antibodies...
- The role of electrolytes and pH in RBC ASsJ R Hess
Blood Research Detachment, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, DC 20307 5100, USA
Transfusion 41:1045-51. 2001..The effects of variations in the electrolyte composition and volume of EASs were explored...
- Fixed nucleotide differences on the Y chromosome indicate clear divergence between Equus przewalskii and Equus caballusB Wallner
Institut fur Tierzucht und Genetik, Veterinärmedizinische Universität Wien, Veterinärplatz, Wien, Austria
Anim Genet 34:453-6. 2003..At both positions the Przewalski's horse haplotype shows the ancestral state, in common with the members of the zebra/ass lineage. We discuss the factors that may have led to the differences in mtDNA and Y-chromosomal observations.
- Early cirrhosis in a patient with type I citrullinaemia (CTLN1)S Gucer
Department of Pediatric Pathology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Inherit Metab Dis 27:541-2. 2004..The patient is homozygous for a splicing mutation in intron 15 of the argininosuccinate synthase gene.
- Ion-association extraction of nitrophenolate ions with tetrabutylammonium ion into nonionic surfactant micelleToshio Takayanagi
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, 3 1 1 Tsushimanaka, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1133:353-60. 2006..Ion association constants (K(ass)) between TBA(+) and the phenolate ions, as well as binding constants of the anions to the nonionic surfactant ..
- [Dual platelet aggregation inhibition in coronary artery stent implantation--what is evidence-based?]F M Baer
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:1275-80. 2007..Additional treatment with ASS is not generally recommended since the bleeding risk of this triple medication may overweigh the benefits of dual ..
- Glutamine and interleukin-1beta interact at the level of Sp1 and nuclear factor-kappaB to regulate argininosuccinate synthetase gene expressionCarole Brasse-Lagnel
Groupe Appareil Digestif, Environnement et Nutrition, Institut Fédératif de Recherches Multidisciplinaires sur Peptides, Universite de Rouen, France
FEBS J 274:5250-62. 2007We previously demonstrated that the expression of the argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) gene, a key step in nitric oxide production, is stimulated either by interleukin-1beta[Brasse-Lagnel et al...
- Clopidogrel versus aspirin in patients with atherothrombosis: CAPRIE-based calculation of cost-effectiveness for GermanyK Berger
University Hospital Munich, Department of Hemostaseology and Transfusion Medicine, Economic Working Group, Ziemssenstrasse 1, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 24:267-74. 2008..model the 2-year cost-effectiveness of secondary prevention with clopidogrel versus aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) (ASS) in German patients with myocardial infarction (MI), ischaemic stroke (IS) or diagnosed with peripheral arterial ..
- Vitamin B-sensitized photo-oxidation of dopamineWalter A Massad
Departamento de Quimica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Fisico Quimicas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Rio Cuarto, Rio Cuarto, Argentina
Photochem Photobiol 84:1201-8. 2008..Results indicate the formation of a weak dark complex Rf-DA, with a mean apparent association constant K(ass) = 30 m(-1), only detectable at DA concentrations much higher than those employed in photochemical experiments...
- Gender and age-dependent differences in the mitochondrial apoptogenic pathway in Alzheimer's diseaseAna Lloret
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Avda Blasco Ibanez 15, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Free Radic Biol Med 44:2019-25. 2008..We used mitochondria isolated from brains of Wistar rats to study the toxicity of ss-amyloid peptide (Ass), and found that it increases mitochondrial peroxide production, nitration and oxidation of proteins, and release ..
- Isolation of Enterobacter sakazakii from ass' milk in Sicily: case report, safety and legal issuesF Conte
Dipartimento di Sanità Pubblica Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Messina, Polo Universitario dell Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
Travel Med Infect Dis 6:250-2. 2008..Es is included between "safety criteria". The isolation of two strains of Es from 50 samples of ass' milk in Sicily is described...
- Argininosuccinate synthetase is a functional target for a snake venom anti-hypertensive peptide: role in arginine and nitric oxide productionJuliano R Guerreiro
Center for Applied Toxinology CAT CEPID, Instituto Butantan, SP 05503 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Biol Chem 284:20022-33. 2009..for kidney cytosolic proteins with affinity for Bj-BPP-10c and demonstrate that argininosuccinate synthetase (AsS) is the major protein binding to the peptide...
- Rituximab treatment of the anti-synthetase syndrome: a retrospective case seriesMarthe Sem
Department of Rheumatology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:968-71. 2009Interstitial lung disease (ILD) is the major determinant of morbidity and mortality in the anti-synthetase syndrome (ASS)...
- Transvenous Treatment of a Dural Arteriovenous Fistula of the Transverse Sinus by Embolization with Platinum Coils and Onyx HD 500+R Siekmann
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Giebetaen Medical Center, Giebetaen Germany
Interv Neuroradiol 11:281-6. 2005..the patient was treated for three months with 75 mg clopidogrel (Plavix(R)) and with 100 mg acetylsalicylic acid (ASS(R))...
- Whey protein-okra polysaccharide fraction blend edible films: tensile properties, water vapor permeability and oxygen permeabilityArunya Prommakool
Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Agro Industry, Kasetsart University, Jatujak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
J Sci Food Agric 91:362-9. 2011A hot-buffer-soluble-solid fraction (HBSS) and an alkaline-soluble-solid fraction (ASS) of okra polysaccharides (OKP) were obtained using sequential extraction...
- [ASS1 mutation leading to citrullinemia I in a Chinese Han family]Ping Hu
Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 28:630-3. 2011To investigate potential mutation of the ASS1 gene in a male infant with acute citrullinemia type I.
- Argininosuccinate synthase conditions the response to acute and chronic ethanol-induced liver injury in miceTung Ming Leung
Division of Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Hepatology 55:1596-609. 2012b>Argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) is the rate-limiting enzyme in both the urea and the L-citrulline/nitric oxide (NO·) cycles regulating protein catabolism, ammonia levels, and NO· generation...
- Rituximab therapy for refractory interstitial lung disease related to antisynthetase syndromeI Marie
Department of Internal Medicine, CHU Rouen, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Respir Med 106:581-7. 2012To report our experience using rituximab as therapy for refractory antisynthetase syndrome (ASS)-associated interstitial lung disease.
- Comparison of long-term outcome between anti-Jo1- and anti-PL7/PL12 positive patients with antisynthetase syndromeI Marie
Department of Internal Medicine, CHU Rouen, and INSERM U 905, University of Rouen IFRMP, Institute for Biochemical Research, Rouen, France
Autoimmun Rev 11:739-45. 2012The aims of the present study were to: compare the characteristics between antisynthetase syndrome (ASS) patients with anti-Jo1 antibody and those with anti-PL7/PL12 antibody...
- Cytokine levels as potential biomarkers for predicting the development of posttraumatic stress symptoms in casualties of accidentsMiri Cohen
Western Galilee Hospital, Israel
Int J Psychiatry Med 42:117-31. 2011Traumatic injuries are usually associated with increased secretion of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and are sometimes followed by the development of acute stress symptoms (ASS) and posttraumatic stress symptoms (PTSS).
- Atomic clusters and atomic surfaces in icosahedral quasicrystalsMarianne Quiquandon
LEM UMR 104, CNRS ONERA, 29 Avenue de la Division Leclerc, F 92322 Châtillon cedex, France
Acta Crystallogr A Found Adv 70:229-38. 2014..This is due to the fact that the atomic surfaces (ASs) used to describe all known icosahedral phases are located on high-symmetry special points in six-dimensional space...
- Seronegative polyarthritis revealing antisynthetase syndrome: a multicentre study of 40 patientsGuillaume Lefevre
Service de Medecine Interne, Unité d Immunologie Clinique, Centre de Référence pour les Maladies Auto Immunes et Systémiques Rares, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, Laboratoire d Immunologie, EA 2686, IMPRT IFR 114, CHRU de Lille, Faculté de Médecine H Warembourg, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, Service de Rhumatologie, Centre de Référence Maladies Systémiques Rares, CHU Hautepierre, Strasbourg, Service de Rhumatologie, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Service de Rhumatologie, CHU Fort de France, La Meynard, Fort de France, Service de Rhumatologie, CHU de Rouen, Hôpitaux de Rouen, Rouen, Service de Rhumatologie, CHU Clermont Ferrand, Clermont Ferrand, Service de Medecine Interne, Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hematologie, CH Bretagne Atlantique, Vannes Auray, Vannes, Service de Medecine Interne, Spain
Rheumatology (Oxford) 54:927-32. 2015The aim of this study was to determine the frequency and characteristics of antisynthetase syndrome (ASS) revealed by polyarthritis.
- Human recombinant arginase I (Co)-PEG5000 [HuArgI (Co)-PEG5000]-induced arginine depletion is selectively cytotoxic to human glioblastoma cellsOula Khoury
Department of Natural Sciences, School of Arts and Sciences, Lebanese American University, Beirut, 1102 2801, Lebanon
J Neurooncol 122:75-85. 2015..The ability of L-citrulline to rescue cells was dependent on the expression of argininosuccinate synthetase-1 (ASS1) with the cells that were not rescued by L-citrulline being negative for ASS1 expression...
- Differential integrative omic analysis for mechanism insights and biomarker discovery of abnormal Savda syndrome and its unique Munziq prescriptionXia Guo
Shenzhen Hospital of Southern Medical University, Shenzhen 518110, PR China
Sci Rep 6:27831. 2016..In terms of Traditional Uighur Medicine (TUM) Hilit (body fluid) theory, abnormal Savda syndrome (ASS) formed by abnormal Hilit is the common phenotype of complex diseases and in particular tumours...
- Severe respiratory failure as a presenting feature of an interstitial lung disease associated with anti-synthetase syndrome (ASS)Ines Maria Grazia Piroddi
Respiratory Diseases Unit ASL4 Chiavarese, via Terzi 43, 16039 Sestri Levante, Italy
Respir Investig 54:284-8. 2016Anti-synthetase syndrome (ASS) is defined as a heterogeneous connective tissue disorder characterized by the association of an interstitial lung disease (ILD) with or without inflammatory myositis with the presence of anti-aminoacyl-tRNA-..
- Bacterial toxins activation of abbreviated urea cycle in porcine cerebral vascular smooth muscle cellsRajesh G Mishra
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL, USA
Vascul Pharmacol 87:110-120. 2016..This cycle indicates that argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) catalyzes l-citrulline (l-cit) conversion to form argininosuccinate (AS), and subsequent AS ..
- Reduced argininosuccinate synthetase expression in refractory sarcomas: Impacts on therapeutic potential and drug resistanceYoungji Kim
Division of Musculoskeletal Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Oncotarget 7:70832-70844. 2016Treating drug-resistant sarcomas remains a major challenge. The present study aimed to identify a novel therapy for drug-resistant sarcomas based on metabolic errors involving argininosuccinate synthetase1 (ASS1).
- Generation of a mouse model for citrullinemia by targeted disruption of the argininosuccinate synthetase geneG Patejunas
Institute for Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Somat Cell Mol Genet 20:55-60. 1994Argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) is a urea cycle enzyme that forms argininosuccinate from citrulline and aspartate. Mutations at the ASS locus in man cause the inherited disease, citrullinemia...
- The effects of phosphate, pH, and AS volume on RBCs stored in saline-adenine-glucose-mannitol solutionsJ R Hess
Blood Research Detachment, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, DC 20307 5100, USA
Transfusion 40:1000-6. 2000..RBC ATP concentrations are the most important correlate of RBC viability. Tests were performed to determine whether increased AS volume, pH, and phosphate content increased stored RBC ATP concentrations...
- Novel compound heterozygous mutations for lipoprotein lipase deficiency. A G-to-T transversion at the first position of exon 5 causing G154V missense mutation and a 5' splice site mutation of intron 8Y Ikeda
Departments of Etiology and Pathophysiology, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
J Lipid Res 42:1072-81. 2001..consisting of a G-to-T transversion at the first nucleotide of exon 5 [+1 position of 3' acceptor splice site (3'-ass) of intron 4] and a T-to-C transition in the invariant GT at position +2 of the 5' donor splice site (5'-dss) of ..
- Arginine Deprivation: A targeted therapy for MelanomaLynn Feun; Fiscal Year: 2006..is primarily due to the fact that melanoma cells, unlike normal cells, do not express argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS) and hence are unable to synthesize arginine...
- Biomarker for liver ischemia/reperfusion-induced injuryMONIKA OLI; Fiscal Year: 2006..The most promising biomarker candidate discovered to date is an enzyme of urea/nitric oxide cycle argininosuccinate synthase (ASS)...
- ASS, NOS2, AND ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASENatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have identified argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) as up-regulated by chronic alcohol feeding...
- Novel diagnostic and safety biomarkers of liver injury and hepatotoxicityStanislav I Svetlov; Fiscal Year: 2010..We identified several novel liver-specific biomarkers in rat models of hepatic injury with the argininosuccinate synthase (ASS) and hepatic estrogen sulfotransferases (EST-1) being the most sensitive markers which rapidly ..
- Recombinant hepatic argininosuccinate synthase (rASS) for treatment of sepsis/endStanislav I Svetlov; Fiscal Year: 2012..study for liver injury in response to hepatotoxins including LPS, we found that an enzyme of urea cycle, argininosuccinate synthase (ASS), is a highly sensitive marker and is released in large amounts in blood within 30 minutes after ..
- HEPATOCYTE GENE THERAPY FOR CITRULLINEMIABrendan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2000..Citrullinemia, an autosomal recessive enzymatic deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase (ASS), is representative of the group of urea cycle defects...
- ROBERT JOSEPH SHMOOKLER REIS; Fiscal Year: 2016..elegans models of Alzheimer's, initiated or seeded by neuron-specific tau and Ass transgenes...
- Molecular Basis of mu-Opioid Receptor Gene RegulationJane Ko; Fiscal Year: 2009..Several cis-elements have been identified, including the ds and ass cis-elements, in the proximal promoter region...
- Lisa Mosconi; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our first aim will be to examine whether NL FHm show reduced CMRglc, increased Ass deposition and increased oxidative stress vs FH- and FHp, and whether the changes in these variables are related...
- WGA as a Novel Vehicle for Intranasal Delivery of an Anti-A-beta Antibody in ADNeelima B Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Passive immunization by intravenous injection of Ass monoclonal antibodies (mAb) has shown promising results such as lowering of cerebral Ass and stabilization or ..
- William Z Suo; Fiscal Year: 2015..GRK5 deficiency also exaggerates Ass accumulation and gliosis...
- Cyclohexanehexol Therapy in Transgenic Models of Alzheimer's DiseaseAlpaslan Dedeoglu; Fiscal Year: 2013Project Summary/Abstract Senile plaques that contain beta amyloid (Ass) and neurofibrillary tangles (NFT) with phosphorylated tau are the pathological hallmarks of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Fyn Inhibition by AZD0530 for Alzheimers DiseaseChristopher H van Dyck; Fiscal Year: 2013..Multiple studies implicate Fyn kinase in the synaptic pathophysiology of AD, with links to both Ass and Tau pathology...
- Neelima Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2014..However, Insulin is likely to produce hypoglycemia and elevate Ass due to its competition with insulin degrading enzyme (IDE) that degrades both insulin and Ass...
- Development of a HTS assay for modulators of presenilin 1 conformationOksana Berezovska; Fiscal Year: 2010..The final enzymatic step in generating Ass via cleavage of the amyloid precursor protein (APP) is performed by the presenilin 1 (PS1) dependent ?-secretase ..
- Stephen M Strittmatter; Fiscal Year: 2015..The hypothesis that the Amyloid beta (Ass) peptide plays an early causative role is supported by pathology, by human genetics and by biomarker studies...
- The amyloid cascade in a novel mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseCarol Anne Colton; Fiscal Year: 2013..producing these pathological changes remain unknown, the amyloid cascade hypothesis states that the peptides (Ass) that make up amyloid deposits are the cause of the disease process...
- Charles G Glabe; Fiscal Year: 2014..of amyloid deposits accumulate in disease brain and current evidence suggests that soluble, oligomeric forms of Ass may play primary role in pathogenesis...
- Dennis J Selkoe; Fiscal Year: 2016..APP mutations or duplications cause rare but mechanistically important forms of AD, and its Ass product accumulates in all AD patients...
- Transmission-blocking vaccine for HIV-1Robert C Rose; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since other amyloid fibrils (Ass) have adjuvant-like immunostimulatory properties, we will also test whether these mutated fibrils elicit the ..
- Testing cell autonomy of AD phenotypes using human IPS cellsLawrence S Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..the major hypothesis for AD initiation and progression is the amyloid cascade hypothesis, which proposes that Ass peptide fragments of human APP are necessary and sufficient to initiate and to drive all downstream pathologies ..
- Angela R Subauste; Fiscal Year: 2014..At the completion of these studies we will have defined the faulty lipid signal present in obese insulin-resistant individuals. ..
- Pluripotent stem cell models of sporadic Alzheimer's DiseaseLawrence S Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..similar to that seen in cells carrying FAD mutations or as predicted by mechanistic models of SAD such as the Ass hypothesis...
- Steven M Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Deposition of ss-amyloid (Ass) in the cerebral vessels (cerebral amyloid angiopathy or CAA) is a major cause of hemorrhagic stroke, a contributor to vascular cognitive impairment, and a complicating ..
- Genomic Search for Susceptibility to Alzheimer DiseaseAlison M Goate; Fiscal Year: 2010..early onset AD have demonstrated that mutations in three genes cause AD via a common biochemical pathway involving Ass metabolism...
- Uptake of STAR: Increasing Qualified Staff to improve care of older adults in AssLinda Teri; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed project is a partnership between university researchers and a community organization to translate STAR for broader, national use. ..
- Pathological Influence of Vasculotropic Mutant Amyloid-BetaWilliam E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2011..peptides in brain and develop abundant amyloid pathology or 2) low, physiological levels of human wild-type Ass peptides in brain with no amyloid pathology...
- DOUGLAS HAMILTON SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2016..risk of developing Alzheimer's disease (AD), and TBI can induce the rapid formation of amyloid-ss (Ass) plaques, a hallmark pathology of AD...
- William E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2014Abnormal accumulation, assembly and deposition of the amyloid ss-protein (Ass) is a prominent pathological feature of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and related disorders...
- Mouse Model of Myelin Basic Protein-Amyloid Beta Interactions in BrainWilliam E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2013Accumulation of the amyloid ss-protein (Ass) in brain, either as parenchymal plaques or cerebrovascular deposits, is a key pathological feature of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and several related disorders...
- Mouse Model of Myelin Basic Protein-Amyloid Beta Interactions in BrainWilliam E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2012Accumulation of the amyloid ss-protein (Ass) in brain, either as parenchymal plaques or cerebrovascular deposits, is a key pathological feature of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and several related disorders...
- Keith A Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The deposition of amyloid-beta (Ass) deposition is thought to begin many years prior to the onset of clinical Alzheimer's disease, but until recently it was not possible to track the ..
- Pathologic Interactions of Amyloid Beta-ProteinWilliam E Van Nostrand; Fiscal Year: 2011Abnormal accumulation and deposition of the amyloid ss-protein (Ass), a prominent pathological feature of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and related disorders, can occur from increased production but in most cases is likely ..
- AFFERENT MECHANISMS UNDERLYING BLADDER PAINWILLIAM DEGROAT; Fiscal Year: 2009..Associate Alyssa Hawranko Naoki Yoshimura " " Res. Ass. Prof. Kyu-Sung Lee " " Res. Associate Yao-Chi Chuang " " Visiting Ass. Prof. Jon Beckel " " Res...
- Intranasal Delivery of Peptide Drugs to the BrainNazneen N Dewji; Fiscal Year: 2012..The pathological hallmarks of the disease include the formation and accumulation in the brain of ss-amyloid (Ass), widely recognized to be the major neurotoxic agent in AD...
- IMPAIRED TUMOR IMMUNITY DURING H PYLORI INFECTIONVICTOR REYES; Fiscal Year: 2003..class II MHC expression increased in parallel with the rise of local CD4+ T cell numbers and epithelial c;ass II MHC expression during infection with H. pylori...
- Development of a Novel Therapeutic for Alzheimer'DiseaseMARK ANTHONY LOVELL; Fiscal Year: 2012..that lacks calcium channel blocking capacity but significantly decreases Ass1-42 production by increasing levels of alpha-secretase (ADAM-10) and decreasing levels of presenilin-1 and nicastrin ..
- Inhibitors of Human Pal mitoyl AcyltransferaseCHARLES DUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..compounds that inhibit hPAT activity by screening a diverse collection of small molecules in an established ass ay and a high-throughput yeast-based assay. 2...
- CENTROSOME MATURATION IN VITRORobert Palazzo; Fiscal Year: 2007Centrosomes are unique subcellular organelles involved in the organization of cytoarchitecture from yeast to man. Ass microtubule organizing centers (MTOCs), centrosomes are directly or indirectly involved in numerous fundamental cell ..
- Beta-cell Granule Protein Profile by Split Reporter Ass*Regina Kuliawat; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROTROPHIN GENE REGULATION IN THE INNER EARNeil Segil; Fiscal Year: 2000..However, difficulties associated with the introduction of foreign DNA (transfection) into post-mitotic cells such ass the hair cells, support cells, and the sensory neurons of the inner ear have so far precluded a detailed analysis ..
- GORDON WILLIAM LAURIE; Fiscal Year: 2016..from 21 different companies, and after graduation are now employed in industry (11), academia (7;including 3 Ass't Professors) or government (3). Two are completing med school...
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MEDICAL PHYSICSHARACIO FARACH; Fiscal Year: 1990..A Round Table of the Third World Ass. of Medical Physics (TWAMP) will also be organized and held at the end of the conference.
- Multimedia Teacher Training For Community BuildingD Vernon; Fiscal Year: 2005..packages on student knowledge of key concepts related to building a learning community as well ass student performance of skills taught in the program. Social validity of the program will also be assessed...
- A Novel Small molecule TNF?? inhibitor as a disease-modifying AD drug treatment.Marni E Harris-White; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim 2: Determine the effect of the IDT on TNF-[unreadable] levels, Ass1-40/Ass1-42 levels, microglial activation, synaptophysin and degenerating neurons in 3xTg AD mice...
- A first-in-class orally active anti-TNF-alpha inhibitor to treat ADMarni E Harris-White; Fiscal Year: 2013..Determine the effect of PD2015 on indicators of neuroinflammation and AD- associated pathology including TNF-[unreadable] levels, Ass1-40/Ass1-42 levels, microglial activation, tau, phospho-tau, synaptophysin, SNAP-25 in 3xTg AD mice.
- Redox Regulation of Multidrug Resistance Gene ExpressionMACUS KUO; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hope from these studies to learn the molecular bases of redox conditions that affect drug sensitivity through the regulation of their respective drug resistance gene expression. ..
- Genomic Instability and Evolution of Drug ResistanceMACUS KUO; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate from these studies to gain important insights into the function of FSA in the regulation of cell growth and differentiation in normal and malignant epithelial cells. ..
- Targeted Prodrug Therapy of Liver CancersMACUS KUO; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- REGULATION OF MDR GENE EXPRESSION IN LIVER CANCERSMACUS KUO; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hope from this research, which includes in vitro cell culture and in vivo animal and tumor models, to gain important molecular insights into the genetic resolution of drug resistance and hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- VIRUS PHOTOINACTIVATION--DIMETHYLMETHYLENE BLUE IN RBCStephen Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF BLOOD COAGULATION REGULATIONSteven Olson; Fiscal Year: 2009..This understanding is expected to facilitate the rational design of a new generation of anticoagulant and antitumor drugs for the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular diseases and cancer. ..
- Towards and Earlier Diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease: Expanding the DiagnosisRanjan Duara; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comparative Functional Genomics of Longevity AssuranceSimon Melov; Fiscal Year: 2006..In years four and five we will apply the functional genomic approach defined above, as well as statistical methods refined during the first three years, to the analysis of mouse RI lines with differential lifespans. ..
- A Beta Vaccination: Mechanisms and Therapautic ImpactLennart Mucke; Fiscal Year: 2005..Lastly, the proposed project will shed light on the roles of microglia in the pathogenesis of AD-related neuronal deficits. These goals and perspectives are congruent with those of RFA AG-01-003. ..
- Structural Basis of Serpin Function and RegulationSteven Olson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will utilize mutagenesis, fluorescence, NMR and X-ray crystallography and thermodynamic and kinetic approaches to characterize serpin-protease and serpin-ligand interactions. ..
- MITOCHONDRIAL OXIDATIVE STRESS AND NEURODEGENERATIONSimon Melov; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PRESENILIN ENDOPROTEASE & GAMMA-SECRETASE ACTIVITYWeiming Xia; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Sequestration and immobilization of metal and metalloid contaminants in sedimentsPEGGY O DAY; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..