Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ASRGL1
Description: asparaginase like 1
Alias: ALP, ALP1, CRASH, isoaspartyl peptidase/L-asparaginase, L-asparaginase, L-asparagine amidohydrolase, asparaginase-like 1 protein, asparaginase-like protein 1, beta-aspartyl-peptidase, isoaspartyl dipeptidase, testis secretory sperm-binding protein Li 242mP
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- Serum transferrin as a marker of bone growth in boys: correlation with serum alkaline phosphatase activity, plasma insulin-like growth factor 1 and rate of growth in heightM Misaki
Student Health Center, Mie University, Tsu, Japan
Horm Metab Res 23:230-2. 1991..The aim of this work was to study possible relationships between serum TF, alkaline phosphatase activity (ALP), plasma insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) levels and rate of height increase in boys...
- Effect of aminohydroxypropylidene diphosphonate on the bone metabolism of patients with parathyroid adenomaE Ishimura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka City University Medical School, Japan
Horm Metab Res 25:493-7. 1993..Serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and osteocalcin, markers of osteoblast activity, decreased after APD administration...
- Dose-dependent renal tubular toxicity of harman and norharman in male F344 ratsA Hagiwara
First Department of Pathology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 20:197-204. 1992..levels were increased, and the brush border enzymes (gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, GGT, and alkaline phosphatase, ALP) decreased...
- Raised plasma concentrations of parathyroid hormone related peptide in hypercalcemic multiple myelomaT Horiuchi
Section of Endocrinology, Tokyo Metropolitan Geriatric Hospital, Japan
Horm Metab Res 29:469-71. 1997..We also measured serum levels of inorganic phosphorus (iP) and alkalinephosphatase activity (ALP). No significant differences in iP (3.2 +/- 0.4 vs. 4.0 +/- 2.2 mg/dl), ALP (150 +/- 28 vs...
- Association between parathyroid hormone (PTH)/PTH-related peptide receptor gene polymorphism and the extent of bone mass reduction in primary hyperparathyroidismM Kanzawa
Department of Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 32:355-8. 2000..before and one year after parathyroidectomy, as well as serum levels of calcium, phosphorus, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and intact PTH were measured...
- The usefulness of biochemical bone markers in predicting the response of hormone replacement therapy in perimenopausal cigarette smoking healthy womenM Cubrilo-Turek
Clinics for Internal Medicine, General Hospital Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 23:195-201. 1999..in hormone replacement users (N = 35) and non-users (N = 28): serum total calcium (Ca), total alkaline phosphatase (ALP), procollagen I C-terminal propeptide (PICP), cros-linked carboxyterminal collagen I telopeptide (ICTP) and ..
- Reduced expression of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 in bone marrow cells in mice after skeletal unloadingMiyuki Sakuma-Zenke
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Iseigaoka, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 20:1002-10. 2005..Anti-PECAM-1 antibody suppressed both ALP+ CFU-f formation and ALP production under co-culture of the osteoblastic cell line and the PECAM-1+ endothelial ..
- [A case of AIDS complicated with liver tuberculosis]I Kawashima
Department of Internal Medicine, Kawasaki Municipal Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:984-8. 2000..historicica, serum levels of gamma-GTP and ALP remained high and hepatosplenomegaly gradually increased. A liver biopsy was performed...
- Clinical significance of serum total and heat-stable alkaline phosphatase in leukemia patientsP S Patel
Division of Research, Gujarat Cancer Society, New Civil Hospital Compound, Ahmedabad, India
Tumori 79:352-6. 1993AIMS AND BACKGROUND: Variations in serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and placental-like (heat stable) alkaline phosphatase (PLAP) are found to be clinically useful in cancer patients...
- Alkaline phosphatase activity in gingival crevicular fluid during human orthodontic tooth movementGiuseppe Perinetti
Department of Orthodontics, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 122:548-56. 2002..We used a longitudinal design to investigate alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) to assess whether it can serve as a diagnostic aid in orthodontics...
- A prospective study of bone loss and turnover after cardiac transplantation: effect of calcium supplementation with or without calcitoninM J Valimaki
Department of Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Osteoporos Int 10:128-36. 1999..Markers of bone formation [serum bone-specific alkaline phosphatase (B-ALP), type I procollagen carboxyterminal propeptide (PICP) and aminoterminal propeptide (PINP)] and resorption [serum ..
- Biochemical parameters as prognostic factors in prostatic adenocarcinomaS Vesalainen
Department of Surgery, University of Kuopio, Finland
Acta Oncol 34:53-9. 1995The serum levels of creatinine (CR), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), acid phosphatase (ACP) and tartrate inhibitable acid phosphatase (TIAP) were related to Gleason score, TM-category, disease progression and survival in 325 prostatic ..
- Sclerostin and the regulation of bone formation: Effects in hip osteoarthritis and femoral neck fractureJon Power
Bone Research Division, Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Bone Miner Res 25:1867-76. 2010..5 mm in diameter) with at least one canal staining for alkaline phosphatase (ALP), a marker of bone formation...
- Hyperglycemia in acute aluminum phosphide poisoning as a potential prognostic factorO Mehrpour
Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Hum Exp Toxicol 27:591-5. 2008Aluminum phosphide (AlP) is a solid fumigant widely used in Iran as a grain preservative...
- [Effect of preoperative biliary drainage on liver function changes in patients with malignant obstructive jaundice in the low bile duct before and after pancreaticoduodenectomy]Dong Chen
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PR China
Ai Zheng 27:78-82. 2008..This study was to investigate the perioperative liver function changes and prognosis of the patients...
- Effects of retinoic acid on N-glycosylation and mRNA stability of the liver/bone/kidney alkaline phosphatase in neuronal cellsW H Mueller
Zentrum Biochemie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Cell Physiol 182:50-61. 2000Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) is a glycoenzyme that is highly expressed during carcinogenesis and is induced by retinoic acid (RA) in various cells...
- Mapping quantitative trait loci that influence blood levels of alkaline phosphatase in MRL/MpJ and SJL/J miceA K Srivastava
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, JLP VA Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA, 92357, USA
Bone 35:1086-94. 2004To examine the hypothesis that serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) levels have a heritable component, we analyzed blood from two inbred strains of mice, MRL/MpJ and SJL, which exhibit 90% difference in total serum ALP activity (268+/-26 vs...
- Effect of glucocorticoid treatment on biochemical and hormonal blood parameters in early pregnant giltsA Madej
Department of Animal Physiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Vet Scand 38:263-73. 1997..for analysis of aspartate aminotransferase (S-ASAT), alanine aminotransferase (S-ALAT), alkaline phosphatase (S-ALP), S-cholesterol, S-triglycerides, S-fructosamine, S-urea, S-total protein, and for electrophoretic fractionation of ..
- Longitudinal monitoring of subgingival colonization by Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, and crevicular alkaline phosphatase and aspartate aminotransferase activities around orthodontically treated teethGiuseppe Perinetti
Unit of Orthodontics, Department of Oral Sciences, School of Dentistry, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 31:60-7. 2004..design to examine subgingival colonization of Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans (Aa) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) activities in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) in order to assess whether ..
- Risk factors affecting metaphyseal irregularities in the radius and ulna of growing Newfoundland dogsC Trangerud
Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, PO Box 8146 Dep, N 0033 Oslo, Norway
J Anim Sci 85:2437-44. 2007..effects of litters, BW, circumferences of the distal radius and ulna (CDRU), and total serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) concentrations. The study included 118 Newfoundland dogs (60 females, 58 males), derived from 32 litters...
- Comparison of two newly identified tumor markers (CAR-3 and DU-PAN-2) with CA 19-9 in patients with pancreatic cancerC Ferrara
Istituto di Medicina Interna,
Tumori 77:56-60. 1991..Correlations were found between the behavior of all three markers and that of the cholestasis indices (ALP and GGT)...
- Monoclonal antibodies against tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase. Report of the ISOBM TD9 workshopP Magnusson
Bone and Mineral Metabolic Unit, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Tumour Biol 23:228-48. 2002..The evaluation included the following antigen forms: (a) commercially available preparations of human bone ALP (BALP) and liver ALP (LALP); (b) human BALP isoforms, B/I, B1 and B2; and (c) soluble secreted epitope-tagged ..
- Osteoporotic cytokines and bone metabolism on rats with induced hyperthyroidism; changes as a result of reversal to euthyroidismGonul Simsek
Istanbul University, Turkey
Chin J Physiol 46:181-6. 2003..and serum IL-1beta, IL-6, TNFalpha, Calcium (Ca), phosphorous (P), parathyroid hormone (PTH), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), bone alkaline phosphatase (B-ALP) levels were measured and differential leucocyte counts were made initially, at ..
- Hepatic osteodystrophy and liver cirrhosisVedat Goral
Department of Gastroenterology, Dicle University School of Medicine, 21280 Diyarbakir, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 16:1639-43. 2010..To investigate the correlation between hepatic osteodystrophy and osteoporosis in patients with liver cirrhosis...
- Changes in the structure and function of the kidney of rats chronically exposed to cadmium. I. Biochemical and histopathological studiesMałgorzata M Brzóska
Department of Toxicology, Medical University of Białystok, Mickiewicza 2c str, 15 222, Białystok, Poland
Arch Toxicol 77:344-52. 2003..as urinary total N-acetyl-beta- d-glucosaminidase (NAG-T) and its isoenzyme B (NAG-B), and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) were used...
- Genotype-by-sex and environment-by-sex interactions influence variation in serum levels of bone-specific alkaline phosphatase in adult baboons (Papio hamadryas)L M Havill
Department of Genetics, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, TX 78245 0549, USA
Bone 35:198-203. 2004..we conducted a statistical genetic analysis of serum concentrations of bone-specific alkaline phosphatase (Bone ALP), a highly specific marker of osteoblast function that is elevated in persons with conditions like osteoporosis ..
- Role of ascorbic acid in periodontal ligament cell differentiationSatoshi Ishikawa
Section of Periodontology, Dept of Hard Tissue Engineering, Graduate School, Center of Excellence Program for Frontier Research on Molecular Destruction and Reconstruction of Tooth and Bone, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Periodontol 75:709-16. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine the role of ascorbic acid on the early osteoblastic differentiation of PDL cells, with regard to alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity, type I collagen production and integrin expression.
- Risk factors for abnormal liver function tests in patients with ileal pouch-anal anastomosis for underlying inflammatory bowel diseaseUdayakumar Navaneethan
The Pouchitis Clinic, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:2467-75. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the prevalence and to identify risk factors for abnormal LFTs in patients with IPAA and underlying IBD...
- Circulating insulin-like growth factor binding protein-4 (IGFBP-4) is not regulated by parathyroid hormone and vitamin D in vivo: evidence from children with ricketsAbdullah Bereket
Marmara University Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 2:17-20. 2010..25-hydroxy(OH)vitamin D, IGF-I, IGF-II and transforming growth factor (TGF)-b are the major regulators of IGFBP-4 production in vitro. However, little is known about the in vivo regulation of circulating IGFBP-4 in humans...
- Adult hypophosphatasia treated with teriparatideMichael P Whyte
Center for Metabolic Bone Disease and Molecular Research, Shriners Hospitals for Children, and Division of Bone and Mineral Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MI 63131 3597, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1203-8. 2007Hypophosphatasia (HPP) features low serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity (hypophosphatasemia) due to loss-of-function mutation within TNSALP, the gene that encodes "tissue-nonspecific" ALP (TNSALP)...
- Alterations of blood analyses at relapse of osteosarcoma and Ewing's sarcomaE Hannisdal
Department of Oncology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo
Acta Oncol 29:585-7. 1990..and thrombocyte counts, gamma glutamyltransferase (GT), lactate dehydrogenase (LD) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP). Sixteen relapsing patients diagnosed from 1970 to 1987 were eligible in each sarcoma group...
- [Comparison of whole bone marrow culture method and density gradient centrifugation method of isolating hBMSCs]Qian Huang
Lnstitute of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang Guangdong 524023, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:1360-4. 2009..To make a comparative study on the effects of whole bone marrow culture method and density gradient centrifugation method in isolating hBMSCs...
- The effect of olpadronate in ovariectomized thyroxine-treated ratsS Zeni
Seccion Osteopatias Medicas, Hospital de Clinicas, Jose de San Martin, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Bone 21:329-33. 1997..of the study, blood samples were analyzed for serum calcium, phosphorus, T4, total and bone alkaline phosphatase (ALP and b-ALP), and urinary samples for hydroxyproline/creatinine ratio (HOProl/creat)...
- The effect of different buffers and amounts of intestinal alkaline phosphatase isoforms on total alkaline phosphatase activityMakoto Matsushita
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Saitama Prefectural University Junior College, 820 Sannomiya, Koshigaya 343 8540, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 319:49-55. 2002..DEA and 2-ethylaminoethanol, EAE) have been widely used for the measurement of serum total alkaline phosphatase activity (ALP) in clinical laboratories, and the individual isozyme are activated differently by respective buffers.
- Molecular characterization of a PDZ-LIM protein in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): a fish ortholog of the alpha-actinin-associated LIM-protein (ALP)Øivind Andersen
Institute of Aquaculture Research, P O Box 5010, N 1432 Aas, Norway
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 25:61-8. 2004..A full-length cDNA encoding the ortholog of the alpha-actinin-associated LIM protein (ALP) was isolated from white skeletal muscle of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar)...
- [Interventional effect of platelet lysate on osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs in rats]Huiping Song
Shanxi Provincial Tissue Bank, Taiyuan Shanxi, 030006, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:737-41. 2008..To explore the interventional effect of platelet lysate (PL) on osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs by induction in rats in vitro...
- Early predisposition to osteomalacia in Indian adults on phenytoin or valproate monotherapy and effective prophylaxis by simultaneous supplementation with calcium and 25-hydroxy vitamin D at recommended daily allowance dosage: a prospective studyGeetha Krishnamoorthy
Department of Biochemistry, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Hospital, Sion, Mumbai 400 022, India
Neurol India 58:213-9. 2010Long-term therapy with antiepileptic drugs (AED) may be associated with increased total serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) levels and reduced serum calcium, inorganic phosphorous, and vitamin D levels...
- Isoenzyme studies on Toxoplasma gondii isolates using isoelectric focusingG Barnert
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 268:476-81. 1988..of the following 14 enzymes in the cell lysates was investigated: IDH, MDH, ME, 6PG, G6P, LDH, IPO, HEX, PGM, EST, ALP, ACP, LAP, and PGI...
- Expression of the germ cell alkaline phosphatase gene in human choriocarcinoma cellsS Watanabe
Human Genetics Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 264:12611-9. 1989Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) in human choriocarcinoma cells (malignant trophoblasts) was characterized by its greater sensitivity to EDTA and L-leucine inhibition as compared with the placental isozyme...
- Immunochemical characterization of alkaline phosphatase from the fluid of sterile and fertile Echinococcus granulosus cystsAli Vatankhah
Parasitology Department, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Pasteur Square, 13164, Tehran, Iran
Parasitol Res 90:372-6. 2003Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) from hydatid cyst fluid (HCF) was purified and characterized for comparison between fertile and sterile HCF. Samples were obtained from slaughtered sheep and then sterile and fertile cysts were separated...
- Comparative inhibition of human alkaline phosphatase and diamine oxidase by bromo-levamisole, cimetidine and various derivativesT Metaye
Department of Biochemistry, U E R of Medecine Pharmacy, Poitiers, France
Biochem Pharmacol 37:4263-8. 1988..are examined in vitro in order to investigate their comparative inhibition, towards alkaline phosphatase (ALP) from human liver and diamine-oxidase (DAO) from human placenta...
- Bone marrow adipocytes: a neglected target tissue for growth hormoneEvelien F Gevers
Division of Molecular Neuroendocrinology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 143:4065-73. 2002..005) lower in dw/dw rats, though alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity in individual osteoblasts was unchanged...
- Porous tantalum trabecular metal scaffolds in combination with a novel marrow processing technique to replace autograftXuenong Zou
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Aarhus University Hospital, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Adv Exp Med Biol 585:197-208. 2006....
- Automated and semiautomated analysis of rat alkaline phosphatase isoenzymesW E Hoffmann
University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana 61801, USA
Toxicol Pathol 22:633-8. 1994A semiautomated quantitative assay for rat serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) isoenzyme determination was developed, incorporating selective precipitation of bone alkaline phosphatase (BALP) with wheat germ lectin and differential ..
- Prenatal exposure to diazepam and alprazolam, but not to zolpidem, affects behavioural stress reactivity in handling-naïve and handling-habituated adult male rat progenyCarla Cannizzaro
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Palermo University, V Vespro 129, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Brain Res 953:170-80. 2002..study investigated the consequences of a late prenatal treatment with three GABA/BDZ R agonists (DZ) alprazolam (ALP) and zolpidem (ZOLP)), on different stress-related behavioural patterns, in non-handled (NH), short-lasting handled ..
- [Experimental study of the effect of new bone formation on new type artificial bone composed of bioactive ceramics]Minghua Zhu
Sichuan Diseases Control and Prevention, Chengdu Sichuan 610041, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 19:174-7. 2005..To investigate the osteogenic potential of four kinds of new bioactive ceramics combined with bovine bone morphogenetic proteins (BMP) and to explore the feasibility of using compounds as bone substitute material...
- Preoperative localization of parathyroid adenomas with technetium-99m methoxyisobutylisonitrile imaging: relationship with P-glycoprotein expression, oxyphilic cell content, and tumoral tissue volumeBulent Turgut
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 21:579-90. 2006....
- Novel mouse model of autosomal semidominant adult hypophosphatasia has a splice site mutation in the tissue nonspecific alkaline phosphatase gene Akp2Tertius A Hough
Mammalian Genetics Unit, Mary Lyon Centre, Medical Research Council, Harwell, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
J Bone Miner Res 22:1397-407. 2007..Here we report on mice with an induced mutation in Akp2 that affects splicing. The phenotype of homozygotes mirror aspects of the adult form of HPP...
- Novel loci regulating bone anabolic response to loading: expression QTL analysis in C57BL/6JXC3H/HeJ mice crossChandrasekhar Kesavan
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis VA Medical Center, 11201 Benton Street, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
Bone 41:223-30. 2007..We then measured the expression changes of bone marker genes, bone sialoprotein (BSP), alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and housekeeping genes, beta-actin and peptidylprolyl isomerase A (PPIA), by using real-time PCR in both the ..
- Gingival crevicular fluid alkaline phosphatase activity reflects periodontal healing/recurrent inflammation phases in chronic periodontitis patientsGiuseppe Perinetti
Department of Oral Sciences, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Periodontol 79:1200-7. 2008..One of these host enzymes is alkaline phosphatase (ALP), the GCF activity of which has been associated with periodontal inflammation...
- [Effect of various concentrations of platelet-rich plasma on osteogenic differentiation of skeletal muscle-derived stem cells]Liancheng Shan
Department of Orthopaedics, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200233, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:991-6. 2009..To investigate the effect of various concentration of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) on osteogenic differentiation of rabbit skeletal muscle-derived stem cells (SMSCs) cultured in vitro...
- Influence of lighting conditions on daily rhythm of bone metabolism in rats and possible involvement of melatonin and other hormones in this processZ Ostrowska
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, The Medical University of Silesia, Zabrze, Poland
Endocr Regul 37:163-74. 2003..of biochemical markers of bone and mineral metabolism such as the activity of serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP), the concentration of carboxyterminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PICP), cross-linked carboxyterminal ..
- Effects of cortical bone perforation on experimental guided bone regenerationIchiro Nishimura
Division of Oral Pathology, Graduate School of Dentistry, Tohuku University, Sendai, Japan
Clin Oral Implants Res 15:293-300. 2004..Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) was expressed on the bone surrounding the perforation...
- Functional analysis of the single nucleotide polymorphism (787T>C) in the tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase gene associated with BMDMasae Goseki-Sone
Department of Food and Nutrition, Japan Women s University, Tokyo, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 20:773-82. 2005..Furthermore, the effects of amino acid substitution on the catalytic property of the protein translated from the 787T>C gene were examined...
- Effect of smoking and CYP2D6 polymorphisms on the extent of fluvoxamine-alprazolam interaction in patients with psychosomatic diseaseHideyo Sugahara
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65:699-704. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the factors responsible for interindividual variability in the extent of interaction between FVX and alprazolam (ALP).
- Up-regulation of alkaline phosphatase expression in human primary osteoblasts by cocultivation with primary endothelial cells is mediated by p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent mRNA stabilizationSven Hager
Department of Plastic and Hand Surgery, University of Freiburg Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Tissue Eng Part A 15:3437-47. 2009..ECs and human primary osteoblasts (hOBs) leads to a cell contact-dependent up-regulation of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) expression in osteoblasts, indicating that cocultivated ECs may support osteogenic differentiation and ..
- Amino acid phosphatase activity of alkaline phosphatase. A possible role of protein phosphataseT Shinozaki
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Eur J Biochem 227:367-71. 1995Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) hydrolyzed phosvitin and amino acid phosphates demonstrating nonisotropy at different pH...
- Calciuria in children with juvenile chronic arthritisD Nemcova
Department of Pediatrics, First Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 40:43-5. 1994..12 patients with confirmed diagnosis of JCA basic biochemical indices of bone metabolism, were performed (S-Ca, P, ALP, U-Ca/U-creatinine, U-P)...
- Characterization of titanium surfaces with calcium and phosphate and osteoblast adhesionB Feng
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, PR China
Biomaterials 25:3421-8. 2004..The cell count and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) specific activity assay were used for biochemical analyses...
- Strontium ranelate promotes osteoblastic differentiation and mineralization of murine bone marrow stromal cells: involvement of prostaglandinsShilpa Choudhary
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:1002-10. 2007..Hence, some anabolic effects of strontium ranelate may be mediated by the induction of COX-2 and PGE(2) production...
- Biochemical response to ursodeoxycholic acid and long-term prognosis in primary biliary cirrhosisChristophe Corpechot
Hepatology Department, Reference Center for Inflammatory Biliary Diseases, Saint Antoine Hospital, National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris 6, France
Hepatology 48:871-7. 2008..It has been recently proposed that an alkaline phosphatase (ALP) decline of more than 40% in baseline value or a normal level after 1 year of UDCA treatment (Barcelona criteria) ..
- Changes in alkaline phosphatase levels in patients with prostate cancer receiving degarelix or leuprolide: results from a 12-month, comparative, phase III studyFritz H Schroder
Department of Urology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BJU Int 106:182-7. 2010..5 mg in the control of total serum alkaline phosphatase (S-ALP) levels in patients with prostate cancer...
- Bone and mineral metabolism in transient hyperphosphatasaemiaS Kutilek
Department of Pediatrics, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 40:47-51. 1994Transient hyperphosphatasaemia (TH) is a benign disorder characterized by transient elevation of S-ALP activity not exceeding duration of 4 months in children under 5 years of age, with elevated activity of bone isoenzymes of ALP with no ..
- Characterization of a temperature-sensitive mutant of Salmonella typhimurium defective in apolipoprotein N-acyltransferaseS D Gupta
Department of Microbiology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4799
J Biol Chem 268:16551-6. 1993..ts) mutants of Salmonella typhimurium, a mutant strain SE5312 which accumulated apolipoprotein (ALP) at 42 degrees C was identified...
- A kinase domain-truncated type I receptor blocks bone morphogenetic protein-2-induced signal transduction in C2C12 myoblastsM Namiki
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Showa University, Tokyo 142, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:22046-52. 1997..DeltaBMPR-IA) differentiated into myosin heavy chain-expressing myotubes but not into alkaline phosphatase (ALP)-positive cells, even in the presence of BMP-2...
- Age-specific modulation of light production potential, and alkaline phosphatase and protein tyrosine kinase activities in various age mutants of Caenorhabditis elegansJ R Vanfleteren
Department of Biology, University of Gent, Belgium
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 53:B380-90. 1998..We have measured the light production potential (LPP) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and protein tyrosine kinase (PTK) activity levels as suitable biochemical markers to further investigate genetic ..
- Cutting edge: the orphan chemokine receptor G protein-coupled receptor-2 (GPR-2, CCR10) binds the skin-associated chemokine CCL27 (CTACK/ALP/ILC)B Homey
DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 164:3465-70. 2000..Taken together, these observations suggest a role for this novel ligand/receptor pair in both skin homeostasis as well as a potential role in inflammatory responses...
- Atractyloside nephrotoxicity: in vitro studies with suspensions of rat renal fragments and precision-cut cortical slicesD K Obatomi
Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Science and Health, University of East London, London, United Kingdom
In Vitr Mol Toxicol 13:25-36. 2000..of cellular injury resulted in cytotoxicity with the significant increase in the leakage of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) in proximal tubular fragments (occurring at 2 h) and renal cortical slices (..
- Effect of taurine on toxicity of oxidized fish oil in ratsD F Hwang
Department of Food Science, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, ROC
Food Chem Toxicol 38:585-91. 2000..could reduce the activities of aspartate transaminase (AST), alanine transaminase (ALT) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) in the plasma of rats caused by oxidized fish oil...
- Residues determining the binding specificity of uncompetitive inhibitors to tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphataseAlexey Kozlenkov
Department of Medical Biosciences, Medical Genetics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Bone Miner Res 19:1862-72. 2004..mutagenesis, kinetic analysis, and computer modeling to identify the residues important for the binding of known ALP inhibitors to the TNALP active site...
- Use of total patient data for indirect estimation of reference intervals for 40 clinical chemical analytes in TurkeyYesim Ozarda Ilcol
Department of Biochemistry, Uludag University Medical School, Bursa, Turkey
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:867-76. 2006..for most of the biochemical analytes were comparable, with small differences in lower [alkaline phosphatase (ALP) (male), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), creatine kinase, iron (male), total iron-binding capacity, folic acid, ..
- In patients treated with peritoneal dialysis, icodextrin improves erythropoietin-resistant anemia through blockade of asialo receptors on hepatocytesYoko Adachi
Department of Medicine, Kobe Central Hospital of Social Insurance, Japan
Adv Perit Dial 22:41-4. 2006..Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) also binds to the asialo receptor for degradation...
- A quantitative colorimetric method of measuring alkaline phosphatase activity in eukaryotic cell membranesHandan Akcakaya
Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biophysics, 34390 Capa Istanbul, Turkey
Cell Biol Int 31:186-90. 2007Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) is glycoprotein structured metalophosphatase with several defined functions. It is present in many tissues of all living beings from bacteria to mammals...
- Markers of bone metabolism in hemodialyses and hemodiafiltrationJolanta Małyszko
Department of Nephrology and Transplantology, Medical University, Białystok, Poland
Ren Fail 29:595-601. 2007..calcitriol, and BMD in the femur neck, and higher phosphate, Kt/V, residual renal function, venous pH, osteocalcin, ALP, bALP, DPD, beta2-microglobulin, ICTP, Ctx, osteoprotegerin, and RANKL than patients on HDF...
- Oral administration of diphenyl diselenide protects against cadmium-induced liver damage in ratsLysandro Pinto Borges
Departamento de Quimica, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Exatas, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria CEP 97105 900, RS, Brazil
Chem Biol Interact 171:15-25. 2008..MDA) levels, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) activities increased by CdCl(2) exposure...
- Collagen nanofibres are a biomimetic substrate for the serum-free osteogenic differentiation of human adipose stem cellsLauren S Sefcik
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2:210-20. 2008..21 using quantitative real-time RT-PCR analysis of the osteogenic genes collagen I (Coll I), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), osteopontin (OP), osteonectin (ON), osteocalcin (OC) and core-binding factor-alpha (cbfa1)...
- Population pharmacokinetic analysis of a novel muscarinic receptor antagonist, imidafenacin, in healthy volunteers and overactive bladder patientsTomoya Ohno
Pharmacokinetic Research Laboratories, Ono Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Ibaraki, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 23:456-63. 2008..demonstrated that oral clearance was decreased with advancing age, increasing hepatic function parameters (AST and ALP), food intake, and itraconazole coadministration, while the first-order absorption rate constant was decreased with ..
- Molecular dissection of Erv26p identifies separable cargo binding and coat protein sorting activitiesCatherine A Bue
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Biol Chem 284:24049-60. 2009Efficient export of secretory alkaline phosphatase (ALP) from the endoplasmic reticulum depends on the conserved transmembrane sorting adaptor Erv26p/Svp26p...
- A randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, trial to determine the individual response in bone turnover markers to lasofoxifene therapyA Rogers
Academic Unit of Bone Metabolism, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Bone 45:1044-52. 2009..25 mg/d) or placebo, in a 1:1 ratio. Duplicate measurements of BTM (bone alkaline phosphatase (bone ALP), N-terminal propeptide of type I collagen (PINP), serum beta crosslinked C-telopeptides of type I collagen (sbeta-..
- Electrochemical immunosensor of tumor necrosis factor α based on alkaline phosphatase functionalized nanospheresZhengzhi Yin
Key Lab of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science MOE, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Nanjing University, Hankou Road 22, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 26:1890-4. 2011..surface of poly (styrene-acrylic acid) nanospheres, which was used as the matrix to conjugate alkaline phosphatase (ALP). And then, the obtained composite was used as multi-enzyme functionalized label for immunoassay...
- In vitro osteoblast-like and endothelial cells' response to calcium silicate/calcium phosphate cementQinghui Zhao
The State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, People s Republic of China
Biomed Mater 5:35004. 2010..Simultaneously, cell proliferation and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity of MC3T3-E1 were significantly improved after 3 and 7 days of culture on CS/CPC disks in comparison with ..
- High functional expression of osteoblasts on imogolite, aluminosilicate nanotubesKosuke Ishikawa
Department of Dentistry for Children and Disabled Person, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8586, Japan
J Biomed Nanotechnol 6:59-65. 2010..The proliferation and osteoblastic functions in ALP activity and mineralization showed similar increasing tendency...
- Fabrication of bioactive composite scaffolds by electrospinning for bone regenerationAnandkumar Nandakumar
Department of Tissue Regeneration, MIRA Institute for Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine, University of Twente, 7500 AE Enschede, PO Box 217, The Netherlands
Macromol Biosci 10:1365-73. 2010..Cells on PA-HA-Col in HFIP scaffolds had significantly higher expression of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and Col 1 compared to PA and PA-Col scaffolds respectively...
- A novel hepatoprotective saponin from Celosia cristata LYan Wang
Department of Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, 325 Guohe Road, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Fitoterapia 81:1246-52. 2010..in mice, which were evidenced by significant decreases in the values of asparate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) of serum and histopathological examinations compared to controls.
- p85alpha regulates osteoblast differentiation by cross-talking with the MAPK pathwayXiaohua Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 286:13512-21. 2011..In addition, a time-dependent reduction in alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity and osteocalcin mRNA expression was observed in p85α(-/-) MSCs compared with WT MSCs, suggesting ..
- The effect of strontium incorporation in hydroxyapatite on osteoblasts in vitroGuo Xin Ni
Department of Orthopeadics and Traumatology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 22:961-7. 2011..However, compared with HA group, Sr-HA groups presented significant enhancement with regard to ALP activity, cbfa1 mRNA expression, and mineralization nodules...
- Assessment of urinary γ-glutamyltransferase and alkaline phosphatase for diagnosis of diabetic nephropathyJosé A M De Carvalho
Laboratório de Bioquímica Clínica, Departamento de Analises Clinicas e Toxicologicas, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 412:1407-11. 2011..Thus, the aim of this study was to test the diagnostic accuracy of the urinary excretion of γ-glutamyltransferase (GGT) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) for diagnosis of diabetic nephropathy (DN).
- Possible biochemical markers of antiretroviral therapy (ART) failure in resource-constrained areasV A Onwuliri
HIV AIDS Research Committee, c o Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 39:139-44. 2010..In all, serum total bilirubin, total protein, total cholesterol, albumin, alkaline phosphatase (ALP), glucose, creatinine, urea and CD4 cell count were assayed...
- Alkaline phosphatase immobilization onto Bio-Gide® and Bio-Oss® for periodontal and bone regenerationDaniel A W Oortgiesen
Department of Biomaterials, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Periodontol 39:546-55. 2012To evaluate the effect of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) immobilization onto Bio-Gide(®) in vitro, and to study the in vivo performance of ALP-enriched Bio-Gide(®) and/or Bio-Oss(®) with the purpose to enhance periodontal regeneration.
- Effect of dietary inclusion of salt substitutes "Obu-Otoyo" on some biochemical indices in ratGaniyu Oboh
Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Technology, Akure, P M B 704, Akure 340001, Nigeria
Food Chem Toxicol 50:2873-7. 2012..05) increase in plasma activities of alkaline phosphatase (ALP), alanine transaminase (ALT), aspartate transaminase (AST), total bilirubin, and atherogenic lipids content (total ..
- Relationship between serum parathyroid hormone levels and lipid profile in non-diabetic hemodialysis patientsFarokhlagha Ahmadi
Department of Nephrology, Imam Khomeini Hospital Complex, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 23:1188-95. 2012..A significant positive correlation was found between iPTH and alkaline phosphatase( ALP) (r = 0.333, P = 0.017) between iPTH and HD duration (r = 0.408, P = 0...
- Effect of acetaminophen and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on gene expression of mesenchymal stem cellsAbdulaziz Almaawi
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, McGill University and Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Tissue Eng Part A 19:1039-46. 2013..collagen, a marker of late-stage chondrocyte hypertrophy, osteogenic marker genes, including alkaline phosphatase (ALP), bone sialoprotein (BSP), and osteocalcin (OC), and chondrogenesis marker gene aggrecan (ACAN)...
- Effect of radiation on the Notch signaling pathway in osteoblastsBing Yang
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Molecular Nuclear Medicine, Institute of Radiation Medicine, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin 300192, PR China
Int J Mol Med 31:698-706. 2013..Notch1-4), ligands (Jagged1, Jagged2 and Delta1), target of Notch signaling (Hes1) and markers (ALP, M-CSF, RANKL and OPG) were altered following 2 and 4 Gy of irradiation...
- The G60S connexin 43 mutation activates the osteoblast lineage and results in a resorption-stimulating bone matrix and abrogation of old-age-related bone lossTanya Zappitelli
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Bone Miner Res 28:2400-13. 2013..however, this effect was abrogated by increased osteoprotegerin (OPG) levels and serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) so that differences in mutant and wild-type (WT) bone parameters and mechanical properties lessened or disappeared ..
- Changes in haematology, plasma biochemistry and erythrocyte osmotic fragility of the Nigerian laughing dove (Streptopelia senegalensis) in captivityO I Azeez
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Niger J Physiol Sci 28:63-8. 2013..Plasma aspartate transaminase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and alkaline phosphate (ALP) increased at 8 weeks, though non-significantly, which might have been due to muscle wasting consequent upon ..
- Ligustrazine attenuates elevated levels of indoxyl sulfate, kidney injury molecule-1 and clusterin in rats exposed to cadmiumZhou Lan
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Wenhua Road 103, Shenyang 110016, PR China
Food Chem Toxicol 63:62-8. 2014..urinary total protein, urinary glucose, urinary lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and urinary alkaline phosphatase (ALP)...
- Effects of the combination of dexamethasone and fibroblast growth factor‑2 on differentiation of osteoprecursor cellsJun Beom Park
Department of Periodontics, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul 137 701, Republic of Korea
Mol Med Rep 9:659-62. 2014..The alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity test was performed to assess differentiation and protein expression associated with bone formation was ..
- Blood chemistry profile as indicator of nutritional status in European seabass (Dicentrarchus labrax)Helena Peres
Centro de Investigação Marinha e Ambiental CIIMAR CIMAR Laboratório Associado, Universidade do Porto, Rua dos Bragas, 289, 4050, Porto, Portugal
Fish Physiol Biochem 40:1339-47. 2014..glucose; cholesterol; triglycerides; protein; inorganic phosphorus; calcium; magnesium; alkaline phosphatase (ALP); aspartate aminotransferase; lactate dehydrogenase; creatine phosphokinase and lipase...
- Sex-dependent metabolic alterations of rat liver after 12-week exposition to haloperidol or clozapineM von Wilmsdorff
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical Faculty, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Horm Metab Res 46:782-8. 2014..Liver mass was weighed and liver index calculated. Liver transaminases (ALAT, ALP), malondialdehyde, glucose, triglycerides, total cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol, and glycogen were determined...
- Thiazolidinedione-induced lipid droplet formation during osteogenic differentiationM van de Vyver
Division of EndocrinologyDepartment of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, PO Box 19063, Tygerberg 7505, South Africa
J Endocrinol 223:119-32. 2014..14) and by quantitative PCR analysis (Pparγ2 (Pparg2), Ap2 (Fabp4), Adipsin (Adps), Msx2, Collagen I (Col1a1), and Alp) on days 0, 7, and 10...
- Degeneration and calcification of the cervical endplate is connected with decreased expression of ANK, ENPP-1, OPN and TGF-β1 in the intervertebral discKrzysztof A Tomaszewski
Krzysztof A Tomaszewski, Department of Anatomy, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Kopernika 12, 31 034 Krakow, Poland, tel fax 48 12 422 95 11, E mail
Pol J Pathol 65:210-7. 2014The aim of this study was to clarify the relationship between the expression of ALP, ANK, ENPP-1, OPN and TGF-β1 in the intervertebral disc (IVD), and cervical vertebral endplate calcification and degeneration...
- STEVEN R MUMM; Fiscal Year: 2014..The patient had never been diagnosed with HPP, although her serum ALP was low (26 U/L, Nl 32 - 116 U/L)...
- Xianzhong Meng; Fiscal Year: 2015..a major role in TLR4-induced osteogenic responses, characterized by expression of Runx2, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and osteopontin...
- Purinergic receptors in inflammationWolfgang G Junger; Fiscal Year: 2012..are recruited to the leading edge where adenosine is generated by CD39/E- NTPDase1 and alkaline phosphatase (ALP)...
- MINERALIZATION STUDIES RELATED TO ORAL BIOLOGYHARRISON ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..We and others have provided evidence that MV phosphatases, including alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and ATPase are involved in MV mineralization...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF PRONEPHRIC DUCT CELL GUIDANCEMALCOLM STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 1991..The molecule is identified as the cell-surface enzyme alkaline phosphatase (ALP). A prime focus of this project is to understand the role of ALP in guiding migrating embryonic cells...
- GROWTH FACTORS AND SKELETAL AGINGTheresa Chen; Fiscal Year: 2000..the bone forming potential of the osteoblasts is in direct proportion to the number of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) positive CFU-F...
- Xiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..outcomes, including (1) hormone dysfunction: reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP);(2) menstrual disorders;(3) infertility;(4) EPL and SAB;and (5) adverse birth ..
- Francesca Tentori; Fiscal Year: 2015..These resources will be complemented by those at VUMC, including close mentorship by Dr. T. Alp Ikizler, interactions with other patient-oriented researchers and clinicians, and a vibrant scientific environment...
- Kelly A Birdwell; Fiscal Year: 2015..My CTSA mentor, Dr. T. Alp Ikizler, is an internationally recognized leader on the metabolic complications of kidney disease and expert in the ..
- Effects of resistant starch on lipid and glucose metabolism in insulin resistanceRONALD M contact KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2010..with CVD risk in insulin resistant individuals who express components of the atherogenic lipoprotein phenotype (ALP)...
- Cellular Mechanisms of Neuropathology in Parkinson's DiseaseJohn J Shacka; Fiscal Year: 2013..The autophagy- lysosome pathway (ALP) is an important intracellular degradation and recycling pathway and a compromise in ALP function promotes the ..
- Jacqui Smith; Fiscal Year: 2015..PSID), the American Time Use Survey's (ATUS) new well-being module, and the American Life Panel's (ALP) DRM...
- ORGANOPHOSPHATE PESTICIDES AND HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) alterations in hormone patterns including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP) in women and abnormalities of LH, FSH, TSH, SHBG, inhibin-B and testosterone ..
- RICHARD DENNIS WADDELL; Fiscal Year: 2015..training will focus on the research support needs identified at MUHAS via the MUHAS-UCSF Academic Learning Program (ALP), including grant application preparation and submission, pre- and post-award management, financial management, ..
- Sarjeet S Gill; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our research showed Aedes receptor proteins include cadherin, alkaline phosphatases (ALP), and aminopeptidases (APNs)...
- ACTININ ASSOCIATED LIM PROTEIN & FSH MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYDavid Bredt; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recent molecular cloning studies have identified actinin-associated LIM protein (ALP), which is a novel component of the muscle cytoskeleton...
- DDT, Endocrine Disruption and Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..with (1) hormone dysfunction including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP); (2) menstrual disorders; (3) reduced fecundability; and (4) adverse ..
- Mireille Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2014..on the actual and perceived financial risk associated with health spending from the RAND American Life Panel (ALP)...
- ARIE KAPTEYN; Fiscal Year: 2015..To that end we will conduct several experiments in two population representative Internet panels: the American Life Panel (ALP) in the U.S. and the Longitudinal Internet Studies for the Social sciences (LISS) panel in The Netherlands.
- Molecular Biology of HIV-Gag ProteinsHeinrich Gottlinger; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have recently identified ALP1, the human homologue of the yeast class E vacuolar protein sorting (Vps) protein Brol, as a novel binding partner ..
- REGULATION OF ADENINE NUCLEOTIDE POOLSVern Schramm; Fiscal Year: 1993..Regulation of AMP deaminase is similar to AMP nucleosidase by allosteric activation with ALP and inhibition by Pi. No prokaryotes have been found to contain AMP nucleosidase...
- REGULATION OF CECROPIN AND ATTACIN GENE EXPRESSIONPeter Dunn; Fiscal Year: 1991..control to peptidoglycan regulation of fat body cecropin-like protein (CLP) and attacin-like protein (ALP) synthesis; (2) to isolate and characterize M...
- Antibody- and peptide-inhibitors of quorum sensingKim Janda; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our proposed work includes the following aims: (1) synthesis of quorum sensing peptides and analogs from all 4 AlP subgroups of S...
- ALKYLLYSOPHOSPHOLIPIDS AS ANTITUMOR AGENTSDavid Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 1990..We are currently investigating the synthesis of a series of alkyllysophospholipid-photosensitizers (ALP-photosensitizers) where the ALP component will serve as a vehicle for the selective delivery of the sensitizer ..
- ANTINEOPLASTIC ALKYLGLYCEROLIPIDSCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 1990..The preliminary in vitro data that contributed to the funding of these grants was obtained on small amounts of ALP analogues that were synthesized utilizing funds from other sources...
- Biogenesis of the T. brucei Mitochondrial ATP SynthaseNoreen Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..brucel mitochondrial AlP synthase? 3. What is the effect of decreasing the level of the mitochondrial ATP synthase in bloodstream forms? 4...
- Neuroendocrine Regulation of GnRH ReleaseJon Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006..The K+ATP channel closes upon binding AlP, leading to reduced cellular K+ permeability, membrane depolarization and thus, increased cell excitability; ..
- Control of cell polarity in the C. elegans zygoteGeraldine Seydoux; Fiscal Year: 2005..Establishment of the anterior-posterior (AlP) body axis of C. elegans depends on polarization of the zygote shortly after fertilization...
- Structure and function of muscleMary Beckerle; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have identified members of two families of LIM domain proteins, the Cysteine-Rich Protein (CRP) family and the ALP-Enigma family as a-actinin binding partners...
- ATHEROSCLEROTIC LESION PHANTOM (ALP) FOR MRI/AThomas Burke; Fiscal Year: 2001..The long term goal of this project is to develop an Atherosclerotic Lesion Phantom (ALP) to assist the MRI community develop non invasive applications to identify patients at risk for clinically acute CV ..
- CRANIOFACIAL SKELETON-OSTEOBLASTIC GENE EXPRESSIONJoseph Zernik; Fiscal Year: 1993Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) is the earliest known marker of osteoblastic differentiation. The proposed studies use ALP expression to investigate mesenchymal-osteoblastic differentiation during rat mandibular development...
- Molecular analysis of the dimeric F1/F0-ATP synthaseRosemary Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2006..Isolation of the dimeric AlP synthase complex led to the identification of three new subunits of the complex...
- Staphylococcal Pathogenesis and Gene ExpressionJesse Wright; Fiscal Year: 2003..The agr locus encodes a two-component system composed of AgrC and A, and its autoinducing ligand (ALP), encoded by AgrD and processed by AgrB; its primary function is to activate the expression of a regulatory RNA ..
- Mechanism of helicase translocation along ss DNAChristopher Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2003..The focus of this proposal is to characterize the kinetic mechanism for AlP binding and hydrolysis by Rep monomers bound to ss DNA and to determine whether Rep monomers are, indeed, capable ..
- MODULATION OF TGF-BETA/BMP ACTIVITY IN DEVELOPMENTKavita Arora; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will approach this issue by investigating the phenotype and delineating the receptor specificity and signaling pathway utilized by a novel TGF-B related ligand Alp that we have recently characterized.
- Global vs. Focal Neuroimaging Markers of Dementia RiskCaterina Rosano; Fiscal Year: 2007..markers of Alzheimer Disease (AD) using an automated brain MRI reading technique, the automated labeling pathway (ALP)...
- ATHEROSCLEROTIC LESION PHANTOM (ALP) FOR MRI/AThomas Burke; Fiscal Year: 2006..Advanced ALP phantoms, properly employed, will help achieve statistically conclusive results speeding the development of ..
- STEROID INDUCED CHANGES IN CULTURED MALIGNANT CELLSGEORGE MELNYKOVYCH; Fiscal Year: 1993This research project is an integrated study of the effects of alkylphospholipids (ALP) and glucocorticoid steroid dexamethasone on cell lines derived from malignant tumors...
- Structural Analysis of the ATP Synthase Membrane DomainMark Girvin; Fiscal Year: 2004The F1F0 ATP synthase is responsible for synthesizing the vast majority of cellular AlP. Not surprisingly, deleterious mutations in genes of the ATP synthase lead to inherited disorders, especially of nerves and muscles...
- Targeting Gene Therapy to Bladder CancerGRAEME DOUGHERTY; Fiscal Year: 2005..in which alternative splicing is used as a means of targeting the expression of the enzyme alkaline phosphatase (ALP) to tumor cells in vivo...
- APOPTOSIS AND A NEW ADAPTER MOLECULE PATHWAY IN GLIOMAOliver Bogler; Fiscal Year: 2004..SETA binds AlP!, a regulator of apoptosis and binding partner of ALG-2, which is itself required for apoptosis...
- RAPAMYCIN BLOCKADE OF PROTEIN PHOSPHATASE SIGNALINGDAVID BRAUTIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Define the structural determinants required for interaction between human alpha-4 (TAP42) and its binding partner AlP (TIP41) using transient expression of truncated and mutated proteins and co-precipitation...
- A BABOON MODEL FOR THE GENETICS OF CORTICAL BONE MATERIAL PROPERTIESLORENA HAVILL; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TWO X-LINKED GENES THAT REGULATE MINERAL HOMEOSTASISMichael Whyte; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Group B Strep Alp Protein-Epithelial Cell InteractionMIRIAM BARON BARSHAK; Fiscal Year: 2008..These data support a hypothesis that Alps trigger actin-dependent internalization of GBS through interaction of an Alp N-terminal domain with an epithelial receptor. The specific aims of this proposal are 1...
- OSTEOCALCIN SYNTHESIS AND CATABOLISMCaren Gundberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Osteoclast and/or osteoblast progenitors will be evaluated in bone marrow cells. ..
- Regulation of Vascular Calcification in DiabetesXUENING CHEN; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERS ANNUAL MEETINGPaul Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluating Trichophyton tonsurans Carriage and InfectionSusan Abdel Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PI3K in LPS-induced coagulation and inflammationJames Luyendyk; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, characterization of the involvement of this pathway in LPS-induced inflammation may allow for development of novel strategies that can be used to treat sepsis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANALYSIS OF GOLGI MEMBRANE PROTEIN LOCALIZATION IN YEASTSteven Nothwehr; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, several genes have been identified in genetic screens as defective in Golgi retention of proteins, and four of these will be investigated in further detail: grd20, grd21, grd22 and grd23. ..
- Small RNAs in skeletogenesisTatsuya Kobayashi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- POSTRECEPTOR DYSREGULATION IN DEPRESSIONYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Characterization of Familial Myopathy & Paget DiseaseVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Elucidation of the genetic defect will help us understand the pathogenesis of this multifaceted disorder and hopefully result in specific therapy. ..
- OSTEOCLASTIC PHOSPHOTYROSYL PHOSPHATASE AND RESORPTIONKIN HING LAU; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Persistent changes in brain expression after withdrawalKRISTINE WIREN; Fiscal Year: 2003..e. physical dependence leading to withdrawal seizures) are regulated at the genetic level. This knowledge may help in the development of new strategies for the treatment of alcohol dependence. ..
- GENE CAUSING PAGET & LIMB-GIRDLE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Delineation of the genetic component responsible for the LGMD/PDB phenotype should promise similar insight and facilitate in the design of novel treatment protocols for the two disorders. ..
- Bone Repair by Allogenic MSC in Non-ablated AnimalJueren Lou; Fiscal Year: 2004..2. To investigate the fate of implanted allogeneic MSC in femur defect site of non-ablated rats. The ultimate goal of this proposal is to develop percutaneous injection procedure to facilitate bone repair. ..
- Androgen action in bone: Overexpression of ARKristine M Wiren; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will identify specific molecular events/pathways influenced by androgen treatment in bone, and should lead to an improved understanding of mechanisms that influence adult bone size and quality. ..
- Sequential Release of Growth Factors for Bone FormationJonathan Leach; Fiscal Year: 2004..Vascularization and bone formation will be compared to several control groups. ..
- Characterization of Pancreatic Disease in a Novel Porcine Cystic Fibrosis ModelAliye Uc; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this application is to fully characterize pancreatic involvement in our novel CF pig model and to better understand the pathophysiological mechanisms leading to PI in CF. ..
- CONTROL OF OSTEOGENESIS AND ADIPOGENESIS BY EBFMark C Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such information would be applicable to a wide variety of skeletal defects including age-related osteopenia, post-menopausal osteoporosis, fracture repair, and extended survival of prosthetic implants. ..
- REGULATION OF BONE REMODELING BY MEGAKARYOCYTESMark Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such information would be applicable to a wide variety of skeletal defects including, post-menopausal osteoporosis, age-related osteopenia, fracture repair, and extended survival of prosthetic implants. ..
- Genetic basis of myopathy with Paget disease of boneVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2008..e. effect on ATPase activity, protein-protein interactions, and hexamer formation). Study the VCP specific pathways in C2C12 cell lines (stably transfected wt and R155H VCP) during differentiation and under stress conditions...
- Effect of estrogen on bone tissue engineeringLiu Hong; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will investigate estradiol to modulate MSCs-based tissue engineered constructs in vitro and to improve the bone formation and osteo-integration in osteoporotic environments. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer Prevention and Treatment with Noni juiceMian Ying Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The latency, multiplicity, volume of tumors, and the survivor rate of animals at the end of experiment will be evaluated in different groups. ..
- Signal Transduction Mechanisms in Suicide BrainYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..