Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ASPM
Description: abnormal spindle microtubule assembly
Alias: ASP, Calmbp1, MCPH5, abnormal spindle-like microcephaly-associated protein, asp (abnormal spindle) homolog, microcephaly associated
Publications154 found, 100 shown here
- A fifth locus for primary autosomal recessive microcephaly maps to chromosome 1q31L Pattison
Molecular Medicine Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 67:1578-80. 2000..The condition is genetically heterogeneous, and four loci have already been identified. We now report a fifth locus, MCPH5, which is an 8-cM region mapping to chromosome 1q31, defined by the markers GATA135F02 and D1S1678.
- Polo kinase and Asp are needed to promote the mitotic organizing activity of centrosomesM do Carmo Avides
Cancer Research Campaign Cell Cycle Genetics Group, University of Cambridge, Department of Genetics, Downing Street, Cambridge, UK CB2 3EH
Nat Cell Biol 3:421-4. 2001..Similarities between the phenotypes of the Drosophila mutants asp and polo point towards a common role in spindle pole function...
- ASPM is a major determinant of cerebral cortical sizeJacquelyn Bond
Molecular Medicine Unit, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Nat Genet 32:316-20. 2002..Here we show that the most common cause of MCPH is homozygous mutation of ASPM, the human ortholog of the Drosophila melanogaster abnormal spindle gene (asp), which is essential for normal ..
- Protein-truncating mutations in ASPM cause variable reduction in brain sizeJacquelyn Bond
Molecular Medicine Unit, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 73:1170-7. 2003Mutations in the ASPM gene at the MCPH5 locus are expected to be the most common cause of human autosomal recessive primary microcephaly (MCPH), a condition in which there is a failure of normal fetal brain development, resulting in ..
- Evolution of the human ASPM gene, a major determinant of brain sizeJianzhi Zhang
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Genetics 165:2063-70. 2003..An evolutionary analysis of genes controlling brain development may shed light on it. ASPM (abnormal spindle-like microcephaly associated) is one of such genes, as nonsense mutations lead to primary ..
- Genetic analysis of primary microcephaly in Indian families: novel ASPM mutationsA Kumar
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Clin Genet 66:341-8. 2004..It is a genetically heterogeneous disorder with six known loci: MCPH1 to MCPH6. Only the genes for MCPH1 and MCPH5 have been identified so far. We have ascertained nine consanguineous families with primary microcephaly from India...
- The microcephaly ASPM gene is expressed in proliferating tissues and encodes for a mitotic spindle proteinNatalay Kouprina
Laboratory of Biosystems and Cancer, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:2155-65. 2005The most common cause of primary autosomal recessive microcephaly (MCPH) appears to be mutations in the ASPM gene which is involved in the regulation of neurogenesis...
- The abnormal spindle-like, microcephaly-associated (ASPM) gene encodes a centrosomal proteinXueyan Zhong
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Cell Cycle 4:1227-9. 2005Homozygous mutations in the abnormal spindle-like, microcephaly-associated ASPM gene are the leading cause of autosomal recessive primary microcephaly...
- ASPM mutations identified in patients with primary microcephaly and seizuresJ Shen
J Med Genet 42:725-9. 2005..recessive primary microcephaly (MCPH) is a heterogeneous disorder with at least six genetic loci (MCPH1-6), with MCPH5, caused by ASPM mutation, being the most common...
- Ongoing adaptive evolution of ASPM, a brain size determinant in Homo sapiensNitzan Mekel-Bobrov
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Science 309:1720-2. 2005The gene ASPM (abnormal spindle-like microcephaly associated) is a specific regulator of brain size, and its evolution in the lineage leading to Homo sapiens was driven by strong positive selection...
- Normal variants of Microcephalin and ASPM do not account for brain size variabilityRoger P Woods
Ahmanson Lovelace Brain Mapping Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, CA 90095, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:2025-9. 2006..The genes responsible for variation in brain volume are not known. Microcephalin (MCPH1) and ASPM (abnormal spindle-like microcephaly associated) have been proposed as candidate genes as mutations in both genes ..
- Analysis of oncogenic signaling networks in glioblastoma identifies ASPM as a molecular targetS Horvath
Department of Human Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:17402-7. 2006..We identify ASPM (abnormal spindle-like microcephaly associated) as a key gene within this module and demonstrate its overexpression ..
- The ongoing adaptive evolution of ASPM and Microcephalin is not explained by increased intelligenceNitzan Mekel-Bobrov
Department of Human Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Hum Mol Genet 16:600-8. 2007..Two primary microcephaly genes, ASPM and Microcephalin, have been implicated not only in the adaptive evolution of the lineage leading to humans, but in ..
- ASPM and citron kinase co-localize to the midbody ring during cytokinesisMurugan Paramasivam
Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA
Cell Cycle 6:1605-12. 2007Mutations in ASPM (abnormal spindle-like microcephaly associated) and citron kinase (CITK) cause primary microcephaly in humans and rodents, respectively...
- Investigation of MCPH1 G37995C and ASPM A44871G polymorphisms and brain size in a healthy cohortC Dobson-Stone
Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Neuroimage 37:394-400. 2007Loss-of-function mutations in MCPH1 and ASPM are responsible for some cases of autosomal recessive primary microcephaly...
- Novel protein-truncating mutations in the ASPM gene in families with autosomal recessive primary microcephalyAsma Gul
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
J Neurogenet 21:153-63. 2007..Homozygous mutations in the ASPM gene, located at MCPH5 locus on chromosome 1q31, are the most common cause of MCPH particularly in the Pakistani population...
- A common SNP of MCPH1 is associated with cranial volume variation in Chinese populationJin kai Wang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Resources and Evolution, Kunming Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, Yunnan, PR China
Hum Mol Genet 17:1329-35. 2008..MCPH1 and abnormal spindle-like MCPH associated (ASPM) are the two known MCPH causing genes that were suggested undergone recent positive selection in human populations...
- Expression analysis of the autosomal recessive primary microcephaly genes MCPH1 (microcephalin) and MCPH5 (ASPM, abnormal spindle-like, microcephaly associated) in human malignant gliomasCarsten Hagemann
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Wurzburg, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Oncol Rep 20:301-8. 2008..Microcephalin and ASPM are two of the genes causing this disease. Both are centrosomal proteins involved in cell cycle regulation...
- The molecular landscape of ASPM mutations in primary microcephalyA K Nicholas
Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 0XY, UK
J Med Genet 46:249-53. 2009..The condition is genetically heterogeneous with mutations in ASPM being most commonly reported.
- Human ASPM participates in spindle organisation, spindle orientation and cytokinesisJulie Higgins
Section of Ophthalmology and Neuroscience, Wellcome Trust Brenner Building, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
BMC Cell Biol 11:85. 2010Mutations in the Abnormal Spindle Microcephaly related gene (ASPM) are the commonest cause of autosomal recessive primary microcephaly (MCPH) a disorder characterised by a small brain and associated mental retardation...
- A gene expression signature of epithelial tubulogenesis and a role for ASPM in pancreatic tumor progressionWei Yu Wang
Laboratory for Tumor Epigenetics and Stemness, National Institute of Cancer Research and Translational Center for Glandular Malignancies, National Health Research Institutes, Tainan, Taiwan Department of Pathology, National Cheng Kung University Hospital and College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Gastroenterology 145:1110-20. 2013..We investigated whether changes in gene expression during pancreatic epithelial morphogenesis were associated with outcomes of patients with PDAC after surgery...
- A molecular sensor system based on genetically engineered alkaline phosphataseC A Brennan
Abbott Laboratories, North Chicago, IL 60064-4000, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:5783-7. 1995..Hybrid proteins were constructed by using wild-type AP and point mutants of AP [Asp-101 --> Ser (D101S) and Asp-153 --> Gly (D153G)]...
- [Increasing fluoroquinolone low-sensitivity in enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli isolated from diarrhea of overseas travelers in Tokyo]S Matsushita
Department of Microbiology, Tokyo Metropolitan Research Laboratory of Public Health
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 75:785-91. 2001..The mutations of a Ser to a Leu at position 83 (Ser-83-->Leu) was found in 19 strains, and Asp-87-->Tyr was found in 2 strains.
- Peptide chiral purity determination: hydrolysis in deuterated acid, derivatization with Marfey's reagent and analysis using high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometryD R Goodlett
Immunobiology Research Institute, Annandale, NJ 08801, USA
J Chromatogr A 707:233-44. 1995..This procedure was used to determine the chiral purity of each amino acid in a purified, hexapeptide by-product (Arg-Lys-Lys-Asp-Val-Tyr) present in a kilogram batch of the synthetic pentapeptide, thymopentin (Arg-Lys-Asp-Val-Tyr).
- Capillary zone electrophoresis at subzero temperatures. I. Separation of the cis and trans conformers of small peptidesS Ma
Department of Chemical Engineering, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Chromatogr A 716:167-82. 1995..3 as measured with a glass electrode. The two conformers of Tyr-Pro-Phe-Asp-Val-Val-Gly-NH2 were baseline separated at -12 degrees C and the four conformers of Tyr-Pro-Phe-Gly-Tyr-Pro-Ser-NH2 ..
- Identification, purification and characterization of a putative novel growth-inhibitory and/or apoptotic protein from rat liverS S Dadke
Cellular Carcinogenesis Laboratory, Cancer Research Institute, Tata Memorial Centre, Parel, Bombay, India
Tumori 84:14-20. 1998..17 amino acids of the growth-inhibitory polypeptide showed Val-Leu-Leu-Ala-Glu-Ala-Glu-Thr-Ala-Ile-Val-Asn-Gly-Leu-Asp-Lys-Ile...
- Adaptive evolution of four microcephaly genes and the evolution of brain size in anthropoid primatesStephen H Montgomery
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Evol 28:625-38. 2011..We analyzed the molecular evolution of four genes associated with microcephaly (ASPM, CDK5RAP2, CENPJ, MCPH1) across 21 species representing all major clades of anthropoid primates...
- Mosquito oostatic factor: a novel decapeptide modulating trypsin-like enzyme biosynthesis in the midgutD Borovsky
Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Vero Beach 32962
FASEB J 4:3015-20. 1990..The factor is a decapeptide with a molecular mass of 1047.6. The primary sequence has been determined as NH2-Tyr-Asp-Pro-Ala-Pro-Pro-Pro-Pro-Pro-Pro-COOH from mass spectra recorded on a quadrupole Fourier transform instrument...
- Mutations in STIL, encoding a pericentriolar and centrosomal protein, cause primary microcephalyArun Kumar
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
Am J Hum Genet 84:286-90. 2009..97 between markers D1S2797 and D1S417. Previously, mutations in four genes, MCPH1, CDK5RAP2, ASPM, and CENPJ, that code for centrosomal proteins have been shown to cause this disorder...
- The amino acid sequence of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 1 and its similarity to yeast initiation factor SUI1M A Kasperaitis
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 365:47-50. 1995..After cleavage with the endoproteinase Asp-N, three peptides were sequenced...
- Effects of excitatory amino acid antagonists on synaptic transmission in the ampullae of Lorenzini of the skate Raja clavataG N Akoev
Pavlov Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Leningrad
J Comp Physiol A 168:647-52. 1991..The L-glutamate (L-GLU) response was more resistant to the blockade than the L-aspartate (L-ASP) response. 7...
- Mutation analysis of the ASPM gene in 18 Pakistani families with autosomal recessive primary microcephalyRizwana Kousar
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
J Child Neurol 25:715-20. 2010..markers linked to 7 autosomal recessive primary microcephaly loci revealed linkage of 18 families to the MCPH5 locus. Sequence analysis of the ASPM gene in 18 linked families detected 2 novel nonsense mutations (c...
- Mutations in centrosomal protein CEP152 in primary microcephaly families linked to MCPH4Duane L Guernsey
Department of Pathology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 1X5, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 87:40-51. 2010..loci have been genetically mapped, and the underlying causal genes have been identified for MCPH1, MCPH3, MCPH5, MCPH6, and MCPH7 but not for MCPH2 or MCPH4. The known genes play roles in mitosis and cell division...
- ASPM and microcephalin expression in epithelial ovarian cancer correlates with tumour grade and survivalA Brüning-Richardson
Section of Ophthalmology and Neurosciences, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Welcome Trust Brenner Building, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Br J Cancer 104:1602-10. 2011..Two microcephaly-associated proteins, abnormal spindle-like microcephaly-associated protein (ASPM) and microcephalin, are involved in mitosis and DNA damage repair...
- Molecular genetic determinants of human brain sizeBor Luen Tang
Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 8 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597, Singapore
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345:911-6. 2006..At least four of these, microcephalin (MCPH1), abnormal spindle-like microcephaly-associated (ASPM), cyclin-dependent kinase 5 regulatory associated protein 2 (CDK5RAP2), and centromere-associated protein J (CENPJ) ..
- [Molecular genetics of lissencephaly and microcephaly]Ganeshwaran Hitoshi Mochida
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, NRB 266, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Brain Nerve 60:437-44. 2008..Microcephaly vera is a form of microcephaly with four responsible genes reported to date. Three of them (ASPM, CENPJ and CDK5RAP2) localize to the mitotic centrosome, and one (MCPH1) is implicated in cell cycle checkpoint ..
- Pharmacological characterization of the metabotropic glutamate receptor inhibiting D-[3H]-aspartate output in rat striatumG Lombardi
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Preclinica e Clinica Mario Aiazzi Mancini, , Italy
Br J Pharmacol 110:1407-12. 1993..in adult rat striatal slices by measuring (i) KCl (30 mM)-induced output of previously taken up D-[3H]-aspartate (Asp), (ii) forskolin (30 microM)-induced adenosine 3':5'-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic AMP) accumulation and (iii) ..
- Effect of phosphoramidon (endothelin converting enzyme inhibitor) and BQ-123 (endothelin receptor subtype A antagonist) on blood pressure in hypertensive ratsE G McMahon
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases Research, G.D. Searle and Co, St. Louis, Missouri 63167
Am J Hypertens 6:667-73. 1993..We also determined whether the ETA receptor antagonist BQ-123 (cyclo [D-Trp-D-Asp-Pro-D-Val-Leu]) might lower MAP in hypertensive rats...
- Cardiovascular and behavioural effects of intracerebroventricularly administered tachykinin NK3 receptor antagonists in the conscious ratE Cellier
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, , , Canada
Br J Pharmacol 122:643-54. 1997..pyl)-4-phenylpiperidin-4-yl)-N-methylacetamide), R820 (3-indolylcarbonyl-Hyp-Phg-N(Me)-Bzl) and R486 (H-Asp-Ser-Phe-Trp-beta-Ala-Leu-Met-NH2) were assessed against the intracerebroventricular (i.c.v...
- General experimental aspects of the use of isoelectric buffers in capillary electrophoresisA Bossi
University of Verona, Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnologies, Italy
J Chromatogr A 853:71-82. 1999..85], iminodiacetic acid (IDA, pI 2.23), aspartic acid (Asp, pI 2.77) and glutamic acid (Glu, pI 3.22)...
- Reconstructing phylogenies and phenotypes: a molecular view of human evolutionBrenda J Bradley
Department of Zoology and Christ s College, University of Cambridge, UK
J Anat 212:337-53. 2008..Loci involved in speech (e.g. FOXP2), brain development (e.g. ASPM), and skull musculature (e.g. MYH16) have been of particular interest, but some surprising candidate loci (e.g...
- Structure-activity relationship of calcitonin gene related peptideK Morita
Research Laboratory, Toyo Jozo Co, Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
Horm Metab Res 21:666-8. 1989..A chicken CGRP analogue with replacement of Asp at position 14 by Gly (as in human CGRP) showed great reduction of activity...
- Generation of tryptic maps of alpha- and beta-globin chains by capillary electrophoresis in isoelectric buffersL Capelli
Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnologies, University of Verona, Italy
J Chromatogr A 791:313-22. 1997..In 30 mM Asp (pH 3.0) or 20 mM Asp (pH 3.1) resolution of these two peptides is fully restored...
- Synthesis and effect of shortened oostatic decapeptide (TMOF) analogs with isosteric structures on reproduction of Neobellieria bullataJ Marik
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague
J Pept Res 57:401-8. 2001Oligopeptides 2a-2d derived from the oostatic decapeptide (TMOF) sequence, H-Tyr-Asp-Pro-Ala-Pro-Pro-Pro-Pro-Pro-Pro-OH (1a) and containing isosteric structures were synthesized and assayed to determine their effect during reproduction ..
- A monoclonal antibody against the glutaraldehyde-conjugated polyamine, putrescine: application to immunocytochemistryK Fujiwara
Department of Applied Life Science, Faculty of Engineering, Sojo University, Ikeda 4 22 1, Kumamoto 860 0082, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 115:471-7. 2001..On the other hand, the same method but using a previously prepared ASPM-29 mAb, specific for spermine (Spm) and Spd, produced intense immunostaining in the cytoplasm of all the three cell ..
- [Mutations of HIV-1 RT gene isolated from patients treated with AZT]M Kondo
Department of Virology, Kanagawa Prefectural Public Health Laboratories
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:185-9. 1993..Some of the 14 clones also had other mutations at codon 67 (Asp-->Asn or Ser), codon 70 (Lys-->Arg) and codon 219 (Lys-->Glu)...
- Liquid chromatographic determination of D- and L-amino acids by derivatization with o-phthaldialdehyde and N-isobutyryl-L-cysteine. Applications with reference to the analysis of peptidic antibiotics, toxins, drugs and pharmaceutically used amino acidsH Bruckner
Institute of Food Technology, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
J Chromatogr A 711:201-15. 1995..Further, the enantiomeric ratios of pharmaceutically used AA formulations containing racemic DL-Ser, DL-Asp and DL-Met were determined, and the AA drugs L-Asp and L-Trp were tested negatively for the presence of the ..
- Glutamate 83 is important for stabilization of domain-domain conformation of Thermus aquaticus glycerol kinaseH S Huang
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Bunkyo-machi, Nagasaki 852-8521, Japan
J Biochem 128:207-11. 2000..Three residues (Arg-82, Glu-83, and Asp-244) of T...
- Identification of four ovarian receptor proteins that bind vitellogenin but not other homologous plasma lipoproteins in the rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykissC R Tyler
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK
J Comp Physiol B 166:11-20. 1996..in the lipoprotein family, including a sequence that is believed to act as the internalisation signal [Phe-Asp-Phe-Tyr-] and a sequence identity with the recently characterised chicken vitellogenin/very low density lipoprotein ..
- Demonstration of a heparin-binding site in serum amyloid P component using affinity capillary electrophoresis as an adjunct techniqueN H Heegaard
Department of Autoimmunology, Statens Seruminstitut, Copenhagen S, Denmark
J Chromatogr A 717:83-90. 1995..Peptide fragments were generated from amyloid P component by treatment with Glu-C and Asp-N endoproteinases...
- Secreted phosphoprotein 1 upstream invasive network construction and analysis of lung adenocarcinoma compared with human normal adjacent tissues by integrative biocomputationYing Sun
Biomedical Center, School of Electronics Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing, China
Cell Biochem Biophys 56:59-71. 2010..inhibition); sequence variant module appears in human normal adjacent tissues (COL11A1_1, MKI67, MMP11 activation; ASPM, COL10A1, COL3A1, NEK2, TMPRSS4, TOP2A_2 inhibition), whereas in lung adenocarcinoma (COL11A1_2, COL1A2, HMMR, ..
- The functional significance of the second extracellular loop of thyrotropin receptor in thyrotropin- and thyroid stimulating antibody-dependent signal transductionM Kaneshige
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Yamanashi Medical School, Japan
Horm Metab Res 27:267-71. 1995..cDNAs which encode a hydrophobic peptide (ATVLVVPM) and a hydrophilic peptide (GTTRTVAM) between +572 Met and +573 Asp were transfected into Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells to develop F-cell lines and R-cell lines, respectively...
- Molecular dynamics simulation of Pf1 coat proteinD J Tobias
Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6323
Biophys J 64:670-5. 1993..with some of the charged residues present in the Pf1 coat protein sequence suggest that interactions between the Asp 14 and Asp 18 sidechains and the peptide backbone are responsible for the formation of the mobile loop...
- Emerging connection between centrosome and DNA repair machineryMikio Shimada
Department of Genome Repair Dynamics, Radiation Biology Center, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Radiat Res 50:295-301. 2009..that the development of microcephaly is likely caused by defective expression of centrosome proteins, such as ASPM, which are also involved in the response to IR...
- [Pyoverdins from Pseudomonas putida]I Gwose
Z Naturforsch C 47:487-502. 1992..or a succinamoyl residue and at the carboxy group with the N-terminus of L-Ser-L-Thr-D-Ser-L-Orn-L-threo-(OH)Asp-[D-Glu + L-Dab]*-L-Ser-D-allo-Thr- L-c(OH)Orn...
- Two types of RAS mutants that dominantly interfere with activators of RASV Jung
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724
Mol Cell Biol 14:3707-18. 1994..M. Cooper, Mol. Cell. Biol. 8:3235-3243, 1988), blocked only conjugation, whereas a second type of mutation, at Asp-62, interfered with conjugation, sporulation, and cellular morphology...
- Total resolution of 17 DL-amino acids labelled with a fluorescent chiral reagent, R(-)-4-(3-isothiocyanatopyrrolidin-1-y1)-7-(N,N-dimethylaminosulfonyl)- 2,1,3-benzoxadiazole, by high-performance liquid chromatographyD Jin
Department of Analytical Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Japan
J Chromatogr A 822:215-24. 1998..The results showed that some of the L-amino acids, i.e., Glu, Asp, Ser, Gly, Ala, Thr, Pro, Lys, Phe and Met, were found in the methanol extracts of yogurt...
- Chromatographic resolution of tryptophan enantiomers with L-Leu-L-Leu-L-Leu peptide effects of mobile phase composition and chromatographic supportD B Kaufman
Department of Chemical Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695-7905, USA
J Chromatogr A 874:21-6. 2000..However, resin-immobilized Leu-Leu-Asp-Leu-Leu-Leu, Leu-Leu-Glu-Leu-Leu-Leu, and Leu-Leu-Leu-Glu-Leu-Leu peptides, with ion-pairing sites designed to ..
- Modulation of neuropeptide effects by achatin-I, an Achatina endogenous tetrapeptideG J Liu
Department of Physiology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 240:139-45. 1993Achatin-I (Gly-D-Phe-L-Ala-L-Asp), an endogenous tetrapeptide in the ganglia of Achatina fulica FÃ©russac, at 3 x 10(-6) M suppressed both the inward current (Iin) of an Achatina giant neurone, PON (periodically oscillating neurone), ..
- [Age-related changes in the cytolytic activity of aspartyl aminopeptidase in the cerebral cortex of the rat]M C Iribar
, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Granada,
Rev Neurol 25:37-9. 1997..OBJECTIVE: Since the enzyme aspartyl-aminopeptidase (Asp-AP) may play a role in modifying the concentration of the cytotoxic amino acids glutamate and aspartate, we studied ..
- [Mechanism of resistance of Shigella flexneri 2a resistant to new quinolone antibiotics]K Oonaka
Department of Environmental Microbiology, Collge of Environmental Health, Azabu University, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:365-70. 1998..DNA sequencing revealed that two amino acid substitutions, namely, Ser (TCG)-83-->Leu (TTG) and Asp (GAC)-87-->Gly (GGC), had occurred in the gyrA of all 3 strains isolated from the patients...
- Detection of neutral and charged mutations in alpha- and beta-human globin chains by capillary zone electrophoresis in isoelectric, acidic buffersA Saccomani
University of Verona, Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnology, Italy
J Chromatogr A 832:225-38. 1999..At this low operative pH, however, charged mutants, involving substitutions of acidic amino acids (Glu and Asp) are not detected, since these residues are extensively protonated...
- Quantitation of protein binding to the capillary wall in acidic, isoelectric buffers and means for minimizing the phenomenonE Olivier
Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnology, University of Verona, Italy
J Chromatogr A 894:273-80. 2000..8% and 0.5%, respectively. When the same globin chain separations are performed in Asp and 7 M urea (pH 3.7), the situation is much worse: 44% protein is adsorbed in a ternary mixture of 0...
- Hydrophilic interactions between charged amino acids and the effect of ions on the strength of interactionT Cserhati
Central Research Institute for Chemistry of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest
Z Naturforsch C 45:79-83. 1990..The dependence of the lipophilicity of Arg, Lys and Orn on the concentration of Glu, Asp, Gln and Asn in the eluent was considered to be related to the strength of interaction...
- Seroepidemiology status of Nepalese against hemolytic streptococcal infection in KatmanduH Shibata
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Hyogo College of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 66:314-8. 1992..ASO), anti-streptokinase (ASK), anti-deoxyribonuclease-B (ADN-B) and anti-Streptococcus polysaccharide (ASP) was 60-480 (T.U.), 40-1024 (titer), 60-1280 (titer) and less than 2-128 (Unit), respectively...
- Porin of Rhodobacter capsulatus: biochemical and functional characterizationD Woitzik
, Mikrobiologie, , Freiburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 45:576-82. 1990..0, was obtained on isoelectric focusing. Gas-phase sequencing of the 23 N-terminal residues revealed Glu-Val-Lys-Leu-Ser-Gly-Asp-Ala-Arg-Met-Gly-Val-Met-Tyr-Asn-Gly-Asp-Asp- X-Asn- Phe-Ser-Ser.
- The use of synthetic analogues of Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) and soluble receptor of tumor necrosis factor to prevent acute and chronic experimental liver injuryR Bruck
Department of Gastroenterology, E. Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Yale J Biol Med 70:391-402. 1997..The target epitope of several such integrin receptors is the Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) sequence, a cell adhesion motif shared by several matrix-associated adhesive glycoproteins...
- Plasmodium falciparum in Kenya: high prevalence of drug-resistance-associated polymorphisms in hospital admissions with severe malaria in an epidemic areaS A Omar
Centre for Biotechnology Research Development, Kenya Medical Research Institute, P O Box 54840, Mbagathi Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 95:661-9. 2001..sampled carried parasites with the (Asn)86(Tyr) point mutation in the pfmdr1 gene (chromosome 5), 20 (83%) had an (Asp)1246(Tyr) mutation and 18 (82%) had both of these mutations...
- A multidimensional proteomic approach to identify hypertrophy-associated proteinsMerry L Lindsey
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery Research, Department of Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Proteomics 6:2225-35. 2006..LIM proteins, thioredoxin, myoglobin, fatty acid binding protein 3, the abnormal spindle-like microcephaly protein (ASPM), and cytoskeletal proteins such as actin and myosin...
- Two closely related endocytic proteins that share a common OCRL-binding motif with APPL1Laura E Swan
Department of Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:3511-6. 2010..Here, we identify two closely related endocytic proteins, Ses1 and Ses2, which interact with the ASH-RhoGAP-like (ASPM-SPD-2-Hydin homology and Rho-GTPase Activating Domain-like) domain of OCRL...
- Association between AVPR1A, DRD2, and ASPM and endophenotypes of communication disordersCatherine M Stein
Departments of aEpidemiology and Biostatistics bPsychological Sciences cPediatrics dGenetics eCenter for Proteomics and Bioinformatics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Psychiatr Genet 24:191-200. 2014..disorders, we focused on three genes related to brain and central nervous system functioning: the dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) gene, the arginine-vasopressin receptor 1a (AVPR1A) gene, and the microcephaly-associated protein gene (ASPM).
- Identification and biochemical characterization of polyamine oxidases in amphioxus: Implications for emergence of vertebrate-specific spermine and acetylpolyamine oxidasesHuihui Wang
Laboratory for Evolution and Development, Institute of Evolution and Marine Biodiversity, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, China Department of Marine Biology, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, China
Gene 575:429-37. 2016..plant PAOs oxidize spermine (Spm), spermidine (Spd) and their acetylated derivatives, N(1)-acetylspermine (N(1)-Aspm) and N(1)-acetylspermidine (N(1)-Aspd), while yeast PAOs oxidize Spm, N(1)-Aspm and N(1)-Aspd, but not Spd...
- Sequence analysis of the D1 and D2 reaction center proteins of photosystem IIB Svensson
Department of Biochemistry, Arrhenius Laboratories for Natural Sciences, University of Stockholm, Sweden
Z Naturforsch C 46:765-76. 1991..Most prominent is the presence of two conserved carboxylic aminoacids, D1-Asp 170 and D1-Glu 189...
- Synthesis and activity of dermorphin-growth hormone releasing factor hybrid peptidesM Marastoni
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Ferrara, Italy
Arzneimittelforschung 39:639-41. 1989..The substitution of Phe3 for Asp and Glu in dermorphin or its N-terminal acetylation produced peptides with no affinity for opioid receptors but ..
- [Reverse transcriptase gene analysis of HIV-1 mutants cultured in the presence of AZT]M Kondo
Department of Virology, Kanagawa Prefectural Public Health Laboratories
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:992-7. 1993..Some of the 22 clones also had other mutations at codon 67 (Asp-->Ser), codon 70 (Lys-->Arg) and codon 219 (Lys-->Glu or Gln)...
- Analysis of the sequence requirements for glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchoring of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Gas1 proteinC Nuoffer
Biocenter, University of Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 268:10558-63. 1993..After Asn, which is the most efficient anchor attachment site, Ser, Gly, Ala, Asp, and Cys function with decreasing effectiveness...
- Structure and characterization of isopyoverdin from Pseudomonas putida BTP1 and its relation to the biogenetic pathway leading to pyoverdinsP Jacques
, , Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 50:622-9. 1995..with the 5-carboxyl group of L-glutamic acid and its carboxyl group with the N-terminus of the peptide L-Asp-L-Ala-L-Asp-D-N5-Ac-N5-OH-Orn-L-Ser-L-c-N5-OH-Orn...
- Synthesis, radiolabeling and biological activity of peptide oostatic hormone and its analoguesJ Hlavacek
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
J Pept Res 50:153-8. 1997..Peptides 3a-3d were synthesized in solution by the fragment condensation of Boc-Tyr-Asp(OtBu)-Pro-Ala-Pro-OH (2f) with Pro oligopeptides H-(Pro)2-5-OtBu...
- Determination of submicromolar concentrations of neurotransmitter amino acids by fluorescence detection using a modification of the 6-aminoquinolyl-N-hydroxysuccinimidyl carbamate method for amino acid analysisH Liu
Waters Corporation, Milford, MA 01757, USA
J Chromatogr A 828:383-95. 1998A sensitive method for quantitatively determining submicromolar levels of neurotransmitter amino acids (e.g. Asp, Glu and gamma-aminobutyric acid) in microdialysates from brain and cerebrospinal fluids is reported...
- A translocation breakpoint disrupts the ASPM gene in a patient with primary microcephalyBruno Pichon
Service de Genetique Medicale, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Bruxelles, Belgium
Eur J Hum Genet 12:419-21. 2004..breakpoint previously reported in a patient with apparently sporadic primary microcephaly, at 1q31, where locus MCPH5 maps. The patient was lost to follow-up, and we sampled a maternal aunt who carried the familial translocation...
- Accelerated evolution of the ASPM gene controlling brain size begins prior to human brain expansionNatalay Kouprina
Laboratory of Biosystems and Cancer, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS Biol 2:E126. 2004..Mutations in ASPM, which encodes the human homologue of a fly protein essential for spindle function, are the most common known cause ..
- Comparison of proportional hazard model and neural network models in a real data set of intensive care unit patientsMachi Suka
Department of Preventive Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216 8511, Japan
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:741-5. 2004..We conducted a comparative study of PHM and two types of NNM, that is, aggregate single point model (ASPM) and multiple point model (MPM), using a real data set of intensive care unit patients...
- Patterns of interaction between Populus Esch5 and Piriformospora indica: a transition from mutualism to antagonismM Kaldorf
Fachbereich Biologie, Spezielle Botanik und Mykologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Karl von Frisch Strasse 8, 32032 Marburg, Germany
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 7:210-8. 2005..Detached Populus leaves remained vital for 4 - 5 weeks on sterile agar media or on AspM medium with pre-grown P. indica...
- Molecular evolution of the brain size regulator genes CDK5RAP2 and CENPJPatrick D Evans
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Gene 375:75-9. 2006..at least approximately, that seen in two other previously identified primary microcephaly genes, microcephalin and ASPM. We also briefly discuss CENPJ, which similarly exhibits higher rate of protein evolution in primates as compared ..
- Linguistic tone is related to the population frequency of the adaptive haplogroups of two brain size genes, ASPM and MicrocephalinDan Dediu
School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences, University of Edinburgh, 14 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LN, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:10944-9. 2007..Specifically, we focus on the derived haplogroups of the brain growth and development-related genes ASPM and Microcephalin, which show signs of natural selection and a marked geographic structure, and on linguistic tone, ..
- Mutations in the pericentrin (PCNT) gene cause primordial dwarfismAnita Rauch
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital Erlangen, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Science 319:816-9. 2008..Absence of PCNT results in disorganized mitotic spindles and missegregation of chromosomes. Mutations in related genes are known to cause primary microcephaly (MCPH1, CDK5RAP2, ASPM, and CENPJ).
- Expression profiles of SV40-immortalization-associated genes upregulated in various human cancersHyun Min Jung
Graduate School of Life Science and Biotechnology, College of Medicine, Pochon CHA University, Seongnam, South Korea
J Cell Biochem 106:703-13. 2009..We chose eight known genes located on the overrepresented chromosomes of non-small-cell lung cancers (NSCLCs). ASPM, RFC4, C3orf26, BXDC2, C15orf44, AURKA, C20orf77, and RBMX were upregulated in immortalized cells, cancer cells, ..
- Are languages really independent from genes? If not, what would a genetic bias affecting language diversity look like?Dan Dediu
Max Planck Institute for Psycho linguistics, Wundtlaan 1, 6525 XD Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Biol 83:279-96. 2011..relationship between the distribution of tone languages and two genes related to brain growth and development, ASPM and Microcephalin, and I discuss the relevance of such genetic biasing for language evolution, change, and diversity...
- ASPM regulates Wnt signaling pathway activity in the developing brainJoshua J Buchman
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genes Dev 25:1909-14. 2011..Mutations in Abnormal Spindle Microcephaly (ASPM) are the most common cause of MCPH...
- Molecular features of triple negative breast cancer cells by genome-wide gene expression profiling analysisMasato Komatsu
Division of Genome Medicine, Institute for Genome Research, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Int J Oncol 42:478-506. 2013..we focused on cell cycle regulators, asp (abnormal spindle) homolog, microcephaly-associated (Drosophila) (ASPM) and centromere protein K (CENPK) as novel therapeutic targets for TNBC...
- Elevated cyclin B2 expression in invasive breast carcinoma is associated with unfavorable clinical outcomeEmman Shubbar
Sahlgrenska Cancer Center, Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg SE 41345, Sweden
BMC Cancer 13:1. 2013..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the prognostic value of the candidate biomarkers CCNB2, ASPM, CDCA7, KIAA0101, and SLC27A2 in breast cancer.
- Reconstruction of an integrated genome-scale co-expression network reveals key modules involved in lung adenocarcinomaGholamreza Bidkhori
Laboratory of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics LBB, Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
PLoS ONE 8:e67552. 2013..In few modules, the genes such as CCNA2 (Cyclin A2), CCNB2 (Cyclin B2), CDK1, CDK5, CDC27, CDCA5, CDCA8, ASPM, BUB1, KIF15, KIF2C, NEK2, NUSAP1, PRC1, SMC4, SYCE2, TFDP1, CDC42 and ARHGEF9 are present that play a crucial role ..
- The microcephaly protein Asp regulates neuroepithelium morphogenesis by controlling the spatial distribution of myosin IIMaria A Rujano
UMR144, CNRS Institut Curie, 12 rue Lhomond, 75005 Paris, France
Nat Cell Biol 15:1294-306. 2013Mutations in ASPM are the most frequent cause of microcephaly, a disorder characterized by reduced brain size at birth...
- Simplified gyral pattern in severe developmental microcephalies? New insights from allometric modeling for spatial and spectral analysis of gyrificationD Germanaud
INSERM, UMR 1129, F 75015 Paris, France CEA, Neurospin, UNIACT, UNIPEDIA, F 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France AP HP, Hopital Robert Debre, Service de Neuropédiatrie et Pathologie Métabolique, F 75019 Paris, France Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Faculté de Médecine Paris Diderot, F 75010 Paris, France Electronic address
Neuroimage 102:317-31. 2014..of gyrification (Spangy), we tested whether the gyral simplification in groups of severe microcephalies related to ASPM, PQBP1 or fetal-alcohol-syndrome could be fully explained by brain size reduction according to the allometric ..
- Expression and clinical significance of genes frequently mutated in small cell lung cancers defined by whole exome/RNA sequencingReika Iwakawa
Division of Genome Biology, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Carcinogenesis 36:616-21. 2015..Mutated alleles were expressed in 8 of the 36 genes, TMEM132D, SPTA1, VPS13B, CSMD2, ANK2, ASTN1, ASPM and FBN3...
- The X-Linked-Intellectual-Disability-Associated Ubiquitin Ligase Mid2 Interacts with Astrin and Regulates Astrin Levels to Promote Cell DivisionAnkur A Gholkar
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cell Rep 14:180-8. 2016..These results could help explain how mutation of MID2 leads to misregulation of microtubule organization and the downstream disease pathology associated with X-linked intellectual disabilities. ..
- Molecular analysis of 23 Pakistani families with autosomal recessive primary microcephaly using targeted next-generation sequencingRongrong Wang
McKusick Zhang Center for Genetic Medicine, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, School of Basic Medicine Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
J Hum Genet 62:299-304. 2017..that were pathogenic or likely to be pathogenic in 22 families, including 18 families with known mutations in ASPM, three with novel mutations in WDR62 and one with a novel in-frame deletion mutation in CASC5...
- Controversial role of the possible oxyntic stem cell marker ASPM in gastric cancerFan Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
J Pathol . 2016..We found the results of the study were controversial...
- Genetic studies of autosomal recessive primary microcephaly in 33 Pakistani families: Novel sequence variants in ASPM geneAsma Gul
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University Islamabad, Islamabad, Pakistan
Neurogenetics 7:105-10. 2006..Mutations in the ASPM gene at the MCPH5 locus appear to be the most common cause of MCPH...
- The microtubule-associated protein ASPM regulates spindle assembly and meiotic progression in mouse oocytesXiao Ling Xu
Institute of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Medicine, Beijing Municipal Academy of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e49303. 2012The microtubule-associated protein ASPM (abnormal spindle-like microcephaly-associated) plays an important role in spindle organization and cell division in mitosis and meiosis in lower animals, but its function in mouse oocyte meiosis ..
- Centrosomin and Centrosomes in Cell DivisionTimothy L Megraw; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mutations in genes for other centrosomal proteins like CDK5RAP2, Pericentrin, sas4 and Aspm, are the root cause of related syndromes that affect brain and/or body size, yet an understanding of the connection ..
- Neurogenesis: Career Development Plan in the Genetic and Modeling of MicrocephalySTEPHANIE LEE BIELAS; Fiscal Year: 2011..above I am proposing to model both Nucleoporin 107 (NUP107) and abnormal spindle-like microcephaly associated (ASPM)...
- STEPHANIE LEE BIELAS; Fiscal Year: 2015..above I am proposing to model both Nucleoporin 107 (NUP107) and abnormal spindle-like microcephaly associated (ASPM)...
- Switching Kinetics in Calmodulin-IQ Domain ComplexesAnthony Persechini; Fiscal Year: 2009..mutations in proteins containing IQ domains and numerous human diseases: Truncations and other mutations in the ASPM protein, which contains multiple IQ domain repeats, are associated with microcephaly, and the number of repeats ..
- ATMOSPHERIC PROTON MICROPROBE FOR TRACE ELEMENT ANALYSISRAYMOND BOISSEAU; Fiscal Year: 1992DESCRIPTION (Adapted from Applicant's Abstract):The development of an Atmospheric Scanning Proton Microprobe (ASPM) for elemental analysis of organic specimens is proposed...
- Neural Bases of Auditory Processing Disorders in AdultsPatrick Wong; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) Whether it is feasible to use MRI to identify neurophysiologic anomalies in APD adults. If so, whether APD is associated with a collection of unifying or diverse neurophysiologic anomalies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acquisition of Mandarin Tones: A Cross-Sectional StudyPatrick Wong; Fiscal Year: 2007..For the rehabilitation of adults, it is especially important to understand how adults learn. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evolution of vertebrate sensory genesJianzhi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will also help understand human smell and taste variations and disorders. ..