Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ASGR2
Description: asialoglycoprotein receptor 2
Alias: ASGP-R2, ASGPR2, CLEC4H2, HBXBP, HL-2, asialoglycoprotein receptor 2, C-type lectin domain family 4 member H2, HBxAg-binding protein, hepatic lectin H2
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- A novel quality control compartment derived from the endoplasmic reticulumS Kamhi-Nesher
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, George Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel, 69978
Mol Biol Cell 12:1711-23. 2001....
- Mannose trimming is required for delivery of a glycoprotein from EDEM1 to XTP3-B and to late endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation stepsBella Groisman
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, George Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Biol Chem 286:1292-300. 2011..Our results suggest that mannose trimming enables delivery of a substrate glycoprotein from EDEM1 to late ERAD steps through association with XTP3-B...
- Characteristics of three cases of hepatocellular carcinoma showing enhanced technetium-99m-diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid-galactosyl human serum albumin accumulation by single photon emission computed tomography analysisAkihiko Suzuki
Department of Gastroenterology, Yamagata University Faculty of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Hepatol Res 37:628-36. 2007..ASGP-Roma is well-differentiated HCC, shows CT findings that are atypical of HCC, and is diagnosed by (99m)Tc-GSA SPECT analysis. We propose that ASGP-Roma be placed in a special category among well-differentiated HCC...
- Effects of hepatitis B virus S protein on human sperm functionXiao Ling Zhou
Research Center for Reproductive Medicine, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou 515041, People s Republic of China
Hum Reprod 24:1575-83. 2009..The purpose of this article was to investigate the effect of HBs on human sperm function...
- Gonococcal lipooligosaccharide is a ligand for the asialoglycoprotein receptor on human spermH A Harvey
Department of Microbiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, Soroka University Medical Center, P O B 151, Beer Sheva, Israel
Mol Microbiol 36:1059-70. 2000..These data suggest that the ASGP-R on human sperm cells recognizes and binds wild-type gonococcal LOS. This interaction may contribute to the transmission of gonorrhea from infected males to their sexual partners...
- Three-dimensional models of the oligomeric human asialoglycoprotein receptor (ASGP-R)Ilaria Massarelli
UdR INSTM, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pisa, Via Bonanno 6, 56126 Pisa, Italy E mail
Int J Mol Sci 11:3867-84. 2010....
- Lactosaminated human albumin, a hepatotropic carrier of drugsLuigi Fiume
Department of Experimental Pathology, University of Bologna, Via San Giacomo 14, I 40126 Bologna, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 40:253-62. 2010....
- Preparation and biological evaluation of a glycosylated fusion interferon directed to hepatic receptorsGangming Cai
School of Medicine and Pharmaceutics, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, PR China
Biol Pharm Bull 32:440-3. 2009..53% and 6.66%, respectively (p < 0.01). Biodistribution research in mice showed that 125I-G-HSA-IFN could concentrate effectively in the liver (>45%/g) and suggested that it also could be a good imaging agent of hepatic receptors...
- Sendai virus efficiently infects cells via the asialoglycoprotein receptor and requires the presence of cleaved F0 precursor proteins for this alternative route of cell entryM Bitzer
Abteilung Innere Medizin I, Medizinische Universitätsklinik Tübingen, Germany
J Virol 71:5481-6. 1997..Interestingly, infection via ASGP-R was found to be nearly as efficient as infection via conventional sialic acid-containing SV receptors. A possible physiological role of the ASGP-R-mediated route of SV infection is discussed...
- Liver targeting liposomes containing beta-sitosterol glucoside with regard to penetration-enhancing effect on HepG2 cellsKumi Kawano
Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Tokyo, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:766-70. 2002..The high degree of liver association of SG-liposomes in vivo might be related to recognition of glucose residues of SG by ASGP-R and to the high affinity and penetration-enhancing effect of Sit-G with hepatocytes...
- A novel hepatic-targeting system for therapeutic cytokines that delivers to the hepatic asialoglycoprotein receptor, but avoids receptor-mediated endocytosisHaruya Sato
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc Suzuki cho, Kawasaki ku, 210 8681, Japan
Pharm Res 19:1736-44. 2002..To demonstrate the utilities of a synthetic low-affinity ligand ((Gal)3) for the asialoglycoprotein receptor (ASGP-R) as a hepatic targeting device for therapeutic cytokines...
- Metabolism of a novel nucleoside analogue, OGT 719, in the isolated perfused rat liver model, in rats, in tumour models and in patientsF Desmoulin
Biomedical NMR Group, UMR CNRS 5623, Universite Paul Sabatier, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse, France
Xenobiotica 33:289-303. 2003..6. The metabolism of OGT 719 was also extremely low in patients. 7. In conclusion, the present study shows the value of (19)F-NMR for demonstrating for the first time that OGT 719 is a prodrug of FU although very poorly metabolized...
- Monitoring biodistribution of glycoproteins with modified sugar chainsShinji Takamatsu
Biomedical Imaging Research Center, Fukui Medical University, 23 3 Matsuoka, Yoshida, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1622:179-91. 2003..Our observation is not the same as the "glycoside cluster effect." We thus provide important information on the character of modified recombinant glycoproteins...
- An internalizing antibody specific for the human asialoglycoprotein receptorAlla Trahtenherts
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, The George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 28:225-33. 2009..Thus, this newly isolated antibody can serve as a targeting moiety for ASGPR-directed drug delivery...
- Molecular imaging contrast media for visualization of liver functionMatsuoka Yoshinori
Department of Disaster and Emergency Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Kyushu, Japan
Magn Reson Imaging 28:708-15. 2010..The aims of this study are to develop new contrast media for visualization of functional changes in the liver and to check the effectiveness of the media...
- Comparative in silico-in vivo evaluation of ASGP-R ligands for hepatic targeting of curcumin Gantrez nanoparticlesAnisha A D'Souza
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, Institute of Chemical Technology Deemed University, N P Marg, Matunga, Mumbai, 400019, India
AAPS J 15:696-706. 2013..Docking analysis provides a useful tool for the preliminary screening of ligands for hepatic targeting...
- Galactosylated poly(ethylene glycol) methacrylate-st-3-guanidinopropyl methacrylamide copolymers as siRNA carriers for inhibiting Survivin expression in vitro and in vivoYang Wu
Biomaterials and Drug Delivery Laboratories, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing, P R China
J Drug Target 22:352-64. 2014..Furthermore, Survivin siRNA/GGP polyplexes could significantly (p < 0.01) inhibit both HepG2 tumor growth and Survivin protein expression in vivo studies in a xenograft mouse model...
- Polyvalent display of monosaccharides on ferritin protein cage nanoparticles for the recognition and binding of cell-surface lectinsYoung Ji Kang
School of Nano Bioscience and Chemical Engineering, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology UNIST, Ulsan, 689 798, Korea
Macromol Biosci 14:619-25. 2014..Mannose- or galactose-displaying HFPCNs recognize and tightly bind to DC-SIGN or ASGP-R lectins on the surface of the mammalian cells, DCEK or HepG2 cells. ..
- Reductively degradable α-amino acid-based poly(ester amide)-graft-galactose copolymers: facile synthesis, self-assembly, and hepatoma-targeting doxorubicin deliveryJiaolong Lv
Biomedical Polymers Laboratory, and Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Advanced Functional Polymer Design and Application, College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Soochow University, Suzhou, 215123, P R China
Biomater Sci 3:1134-46. 2015..0 mg mL(-1). These tumor-targeting and reduction-responsive degradable nanoparticles have appeared as an interesting multi-functional platform for advanced drug delivery. ..
- Simplified quantification method for in vivo SPECT/CT imaging of asialoglycoprotein receptor with (99m)Tc-p(VLA-co-VNI) to assess and stage hepatic fibrosis in miceDeliang Zhang
Center for Molecular Imaging and Translational Medicine, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Vaccinology and Molecular Diagnostics, School of Public Health, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361102, China
Sci Rep 6:25377. 2016..83) as well as LUV and Sirius Red quantification (r = -0.83). In conclusion, SPECT imaging with (99m)Tc-p(VLA-co-VNI) is useful in evaluating and staging liver fibrosis in vivo. ..
- Functional Consequences of Mannose and Asialoglycoprotein Receptor AblationYiling Mi
From the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 291:18700-17. 2016The mannose receptor (ManR, Mrc1) and asialoglycoprotein receptor (ASGR, Asgr1 and Asgr2) are highly abundant endocytic receptors expressed by sinusoidal endothelial cells and parenchymal cells in the liver, respectively...
- Rapid clearance of sialylated glycoproteins by the asialoglycoprotein receptorEric I Park
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 278:4597-602. 2003....
- Liver-targeted doxorubicin: effects on rat regenerating hepatocytesGiuseppina Di Stefano
Department of Experimental Pathology, University of Bologna, Via San Giacomo, Bologna, Italy
Liver Int 24:246-52. 2004....
- Ultrastructural analysis of the pathogenesis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae endometrial infectionMichelle M Timmerman
The University of Iowa, Department of Microbiology, Iowa City, 52242, USA
Cell Microbiol 7:627-36. 2005..This diversity is consistent with a role of the endometrium as a transition zone between frequently asymptomatic cervical gonorrhoea and symptomatic pelvic inflammatory disease...
- Galactosylated polyethylenimine-graft-poly(vinyl pyrrolidone) as a hepatocyte-targeting gene carrierSeung Eun Cook
School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
J Control Release 105:151-63. 2005..And GPP/DNA complexes were mediated by asialoglycoprotein receptors (ASGP-R)-mediated endocytosis. Also, the transfection efficiency of GPP-1/DNA complex at charge ratio of 40 in the HepG2 was higher than that of PEI/DNA one...
- A new N-acetylgalactosamine containing peptide as a targeting vehicle for mammalian hepatocytes via asialoglycoprotein receptor endocytosisYing Ta Wu
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Curr Drug Deliv 1:119-27. 2004....
- Targeting of lanthanide(III) chelates of DOTA-type glycoconjugates to the hepatic asyaloglycoprotein receptor: cell internalization and animal imaging studiesM I M Prata
Instituto de Biofísica e Biomatemática, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Contrast Media Mol Imaging 1:246-58. 2006..This probably results from the quick wash-out from the liver of these highly hydrophilic complexes, before they can be sufficiently concentrated within the hepatocytes via receptor-mediated endocytosis...
- Microtubule acetylation and stability may explain alcohol-induced alterations in hepatic protein traffickingRohan A Joseph
Department of Biology, The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC 20064, USA
Hepatology 47:1745-53. 2008..We further determined that albumin secretion was impaired in both ethanol-treated and TSA-treated cells, indicating that increased microtubule acetylation and stability also disrupted this transport step...
- Impaired receptor-mediated endocytosis: its role in alcohol-induced apoptosisCarol A Casey
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68105, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:S46-9. 2008..The goal of our future work is to show that inadequate removal of apoptotic cells, in part via altered receptor-mediated endocytosis, plays a role in the course of pathogenesis of alcoholic liver injury...
- Hepatocyte cytotoxicity is facilitated by asialoglycoprotein receptorClifford S Guy
Molecular Virology and Hepatology Research Group, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Health Sciences Centre, Memorial University, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada
Hepatology 54:1043-50. 2011....
- Bypass of glycan-dependent glycoprotein delivery to ERAD by up-regulated EDEM1Efrat Ron
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, George Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Biol Cell 22:3945-54. 2011..At high EDEM1 levels, glycoprotein release is prevented and glycan interactions are no longer required, canceling the otherwise mandatory ERAD timing by mannose trimming and accelerating the targeting to degradation...
- In vivo hepatocyte MR imaging using lactose functionalized magnetoliposomesAshwini Ketkar-Atre
Biomedical MRI MoSAIC, Department of Imaging and Pathology, Biomedical Sciences Group, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49, B3000 Leuven, Belgium
Biomaterials 35:1015-24. 2014..These data demonstrate that galactose-functionalized MLs can be used as a hepatocyte targeting MR contrast agent to potentially aid in the diagnosis of hepatic diseases if the non-specific uptake by KCs is taken into account...
- Glyco-nanoparticles with sheddable saccharide shells: a unique and potent platform for hepatoma-targeting delivery of anticancer drugsWei Chen
Biomedical Polymers Laboratory, and Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Advanced Functional Polymer Design and Application, Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Soochow University, Suzhou, 215123, People s Republic of China
Biomacromolecules 15:900-7. 2014..0 mg/mL. These shell-sheddable glyco-nanoparticles are promising for hepatoma-targeting chemotherapy. ..
- Recent advances in active hepatic targeting drug delivery systemYang Wang
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Shandong University, 44 Wenhua Xilu, Jinan 250012, China
Curr Drug Targets 15:573-99. 2014....
- Kit formulated asialoglycoprotein receptor targeting tracer based on copolymer for liver SPECT imagingChang Liu
Key Laboratory of Radiopharmaceuticals, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, 100875, China Electronic address
Nucl Med Biol 41:587-93. 2014..In this study, galactosyl polystyrene was synthesized from controllable ratio of functional monomers and radio-labelled with (99m)Tc by formulated kit for SPECT imaging of hepatic function...
- Galactose-installed photo-crosslinked pH-sensitive degradable micelles for active targeting chemotherapy of hepatocellular carcinoma in miceYan Zou
Biomedical Polymers Laboratory, and Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Advanced Functional Polymer Design and Application, College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, China
J Control Release 193:154-61. 2014..Ligand-installed photo-crosslinked pH-responsive degradable micelles have a great potential for targeted cancer chemotherapy...
- Intracellular redox-activated anticancer drug delivery by functionalized hollow mesoporous silica nanoreservoirs with tumor specificityZhong Luo
Key Laboratory of Biorheological Science and Technology, Ministry of Education, College of Bioengineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400044, PR China Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, 21 Nanyang Link, Singapore 637371, Singapore
Biomaterials 35:7951-62. 2014..On the whole, this drug delivery system exhibits a great potential as an efficient carrier for targeted tumor therapy in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Increased gene delivery efficiency and specificity of a lipid-based nanosystem incorporating a glycolipidMariana Magalhães
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Int J Nanomedicine 9:4979-89. 2014....
- Stealth lipoplex decorated with triazole-tethered galactosyl moieties: a strong hepatotropic gene vectorDhineshree Govender
Non Viral Gene Delivery Laboratory, Discipline of Biochemistry, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa
Biotechnol Lett 37:567-75. 2015..Transfection activities achieved in HEK293 cells were up to three orders of magnitude lower. Therefore, 4 is representative of a new class of promising hepatotropic ligands for gene delivery...
- Biofabricated nanoparticle coating for liver-cell targetingCheng Zhang
The State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, 200237, China
Adv Healthc Mater 4:1972-81. 2015..These studies extend the use of Con A to sugar-mediated and organ-specific targeting, and further illustrate the potential of biologically based fabrication for generating functional materials. ..
- Absorption and blood/cellular transport of folate and cobalamin: Pharmacokinetic and physiological considerationsDavid H Alpers
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63130, USA Electronic address
Biochimie 126:52-6. 2016..These complexities help to explain the variable clinical responses after oral administration of the vitamins, especially when provided as supplements. ..
- Asialoglycoprotein receptor facilitates infection of PLC/PRF/5 cells by HEV through interaction with ORF2Li Zhang
Division of HIV AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Virus Vaccines, National Institutes for Food and Drug Control, Beijing, China
J Med Virol 88:2186-2195. 2016..and ELISA were used to show that the HEV ORF2 protein interacts directly with the ectodomain of both ASGR1 and ASGR2. Susceptibility to HEV correlated positively with the expression level of surface asialoglycoprotein receptor (..
- Well-Defined Multivalent Ligands for Hepatocytes Targeting via Asialoglycoprotein ReceptorXiangang Huang
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zurich, Vladimir Prelog Weg 1 5 10, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Bioconjug Chem . 2016..The present manuscript provides important guidelines for the design of multivalent ligands for ASGP-R...
- The effect of ethanol on asialoglycoprotein receptor-mediated phagocytosis of apoptotic cells by rat hepatocytesBenita L McVicker
Liver Study Unit, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Hepatology 36:1478-87. 2002....
- Closely related mammals have distinct asialoglycoprotein receptor carbohydrate specificitiesEric I Park
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 279:40954-9. 2004..We hypothesize that the altered specificity of ASPG-R orthologues in such evolutionarily closely related species reflects rapidly changing requirements for recognition of endogenous or exogenous oligosaccharides in vivo...
- Hepatocyte-targeted nuclear imaging using 99mTc-galactosylated chitosan: conjugation, targeting, and biodistributionEun Mi Kim
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, 344 2 Sinyong dong, Iskan, Jellabuk Do, 570 711, Korea
J Nucl Med 46:141-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the possibility of liver-targeted nuclear imaging with (99m)Tc-GMC bound to asialoglycoprotein receptors (ASGP-R)...
- Enhanced uptake of lactosaminated human albumin by rat hepatocarcinomas: implications for an improved chemotherapy of primary liver tumorsGiuseppina Di Stefano
Department of Experimental Pathology, University of Bologna, Italy
Liver Int 25:854-60. 2005..The aim of the present experiments was to ascertain whether ASGP-R of HCCs is functionally active and these tumors can internalize higher quantities of MEGRs than extra-hepatic tissues...
- Role of E-cadherin molecules in spheroid formation of hepatocytes adhered on galactose-carrying polymer as an artificial asialoglycoprotein modelR Takei
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 226 8501, Yokohama, Japan
Biotechnol Lett 27:1149-56. 2005..As a result, E-cadherin could play an important role in hepatocyte assembly...
- Feasibility on systemic delivery of asialoorosomucoid complex to hepatic origin cells mediated by asialoglycoprotein receptorSun Jun
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 25:234-5, 239. 2005..This research testified the feasibility of targeting Asor complex delivery to hepatocyte mediated by ASGP-R in vivo, and provided foundation for the genetic diagnosis and gene therapy of hepatic cell-related diseases...
- A secreted form of the asialoglycoprotein receptor, sH2a, as a novel potential noninvasive marker for liver fibrosisElena Veselkin
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, George Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 6:e27210. 2011..Here we determined and report that sH2a, present at constant levels in serum from healthy individuals is altered upon liver fibrosis, reflecting the status of hepatocyte function...
- Potential use of lactosylated dendrimer (G3)/α-cyclodextrin conjugates as hepatocyte-specific siRNA carriers for the treatment of familial amyloidotic polyneuropathyYuya Hayashi
Department of Physical Pharmaceutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 5 1 Oe honmachi, Kumamoto 862 0973, Japan
Mol Pharm 9:1645-53. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that Lac-α-CDE (G3, DSL 1.2) has the potential for a novel hepatocyte-selective siRNA carrier in vitro and in vivo, and has a possibility as a therapeutic tool for FAP to the liver transplantation...
- NMR study of ligand release from asialoglycoprotein receptor under solution conditions in early endosomesTakuo Onizuka
Research and Development Department, Japan Biological Informatics Consortium, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS J 279:2645-56. 2012..In our proposed mechanism, ASGP-R can rapidly release Ca(2+) and its ligand even at nearly neutral pH. Sequence comparisons of endocytic C-type lectin receptors suggest that this mechanism is common in their family...
- Efficacious hepatoma-targeted nanomedicine self-assembled from galactopeptide and doxorubicin driven by two-stage physical interactionsJianxun Ding
Key Laboratory of Polymer Ecomaterials, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, PR China
J Control Release 169:193-203. 2013..The above superiorities indicated that the galactosylated nanomedicine possessed great promising for hepatoma-targeted chemotherapy...
- DNA nanocarriers for systemic administration: characterization and in vivo bioimaging in healthy miceStephanie David
1 LUNAM Université d Angers, Angers, France 2 INSERM U1066, Micro et Nanomedecines biomimétiques, Angers, France 3 INSERM UMR1087 Université de Nantes, Nantes, France
Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 2:e64. 2013..Molecular Therapy - Nucleic Acids (2013) 2, e64; doi:10.1038/mtna.2012.56; published online 8 January 2013...
- Glycosylated liposomes with proton sponge capacity: novel hepatocyte- specific gene carriersSaffiya Habib
Discipline of Biochemistry, University of KwaZulu Natal, P Bag X54001, Durban 4000, South Africa
Curr Drug Deliv 10:685-95. 2013..001). Therefore the combination of Chol-LAC and Chol- UAC in cationic liposomal formulations may provide a platform for the development of useful hepatotropic gene delivery systems. ..
- Liver-targeting of primaquine-(poly-γ-glutamic acid) and its degradation in rat hepatocytesNoboru Tomiya
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 21:5275-81. 2013....
- Ligand-directed reduction-sensitive shell-sheddable biodegradable micelles actively deliver doxorubicin into the nuclei of target cancer cellsYinan Zhong
Biomedical Polymers Laboratory and Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Advanced Functional Polymer Design and Application, College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Soochow University, Suzhou, 215123, People s Republic of China
Biomacromolecules 14:3723-30. 2013..Ligand-directed, reduction-sensitive, shell-sheddable, and biodegradable micelles have emerged as a versatile and potent platform for targeted cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Galactose-functionalized cationic polycarbonate diblock copolymer for targeted gene delivery to hepatocytesZhan Yuin Ong
Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, 31 Biopolis Way, Singapore, 138669, Singapore
Macromol Rapid Commun 34:1714-20. 2013..Taken together, the galactose-functionalized cationic polycarbonate diblock copolymer has potential for use as a non-viral gene vector for the targeted delivery of therapeutic genes to hepatocytes in the treatment of liver diseases. ..
- Asialoglycoprotein receptor concentration in tumor-bearing livers and its fate early after their sectorial resectionXiao Feng Li
Department of Biotracer Medicine, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 17:489-93. 2003..The aim of the present study was to investigate asialoglycoprotein receptor (ASGP-R) status in tumor-bearing livers and early after their sectorial resection employing 99mTc-DTPA-galactosyl human serum albumin (99mTc-GSA) dynamic SPECT...
- IGF-1 induces growth, survival and morphological change of primary hepatocytes on a galactose-bared polymer through both MAPK and beta-catenin pathwaysAnup Kumer Kundu
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama, Japan
Cell Struct Funct 28:255-63. 2003....
- Receptor-mediated endocytosis by the asialoglycoprotein receptor: effect of ethanol administration on endosomal distribution of receptor and ligandShana R Dalton
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 2000, USA
Liver Int 23:484-91. 2003..These results suggest that delayed dissociation may cause the receptor ligand complexes to travel farther into the cell interior, which may impair proper trafficking of the ligand to lysosomes and alter the receptor recycling...
- Heterogeneity of expression of IgA receptors by human, mouse, and rat eosinophilsVéronique Decot
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 547 Institut Fédératif de Recherche 17, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
J Immunol 174:628-35. 2005..Indeed, mouse eosinophils expressed only TfR, whereas rat eosinophils expressed ASGP-R and CD89 mRNA. These results provide a molecular basis for the differences observed between human, rat, and mouse regarding IgA-mediated immunity...
- Asialoglycoprotein receptor targeted gene delivery using galactosylated polyethylenimine-graft-poly(ethylene glycol): in vitro and in vivo studiesEun Mi Kim
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Research Institute of Clinical Medicine, Chonbuk National University School of Medicine, Jeonju, Jeonbuk, Korea
J Control Release 108:557-67. 2005..The GPP(50)/DNA complexes were bound to ASGP-R of the proliferating hepatocytes in vitro and in vivo. The present results demonstrate the feasibility of nonviral gene transfer using galactosylated PEI-PEG in vivo...
- Synthesis and evaluation of a photoactive probe with a multivalent carbohydrate for capturing carbohydrate-lectin interactionsTsung Che Chang
Department of Chemistry and
Bioconjug Chem 24:1895-906. 2013..coli lysate and an asialoglycoprotein receptor (ASGP-R) on intact HepG2 cell membranes. Moreover, the probe also enabled the detection of weak protein-protein interactions between RCA120 and ovalbumin (OVA). ..
- Differences in the abundance of variably spliced transcripts for the second asialoglycoprotein receptor polypeptide, H2, in normal and transformed human liverE Paietta
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10467
Hepatology 15:395-402. 1992....
- Alternatively spliced variants of the human hepatic asialoglycoprotein receptor, H2, differ in cellular trafficking and regulation of phosphorylationE Paietta
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10467
J Biol Chem 267:11078-84. 1992..Since the 57-nucleotide region does not encode for serine residues, it per se cannot be the site of phosphorylation but rather constitutes a regulatory element for post-translational modification...
- Endocytosis by the asialoglycoprotein receptor is independent of cytoplasmic serine residuesI Geffen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:8425-9. 1991..Analysis of individual serine mutations identified serine-12 of subunit H2 as the major site of phosphorylation in the ASGP receptor...
- Sequence of a second human asialoglycoprotein receptor: conservation of two receptor genes during evolutionM Spiess
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:6465-9. 1985..005-0.01% of the total mRNA. This finding raises the question of whether the three ASGP receptor proteins are functional as heterodimers or whether they might serve different functions in the cell...
- Detection and quantification of soluble asialoglycoprotein receptor in human serumH Yago
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Hepatology 21:383-8. 1995..The detection limit was estimated to be 0.1 micrograms/L. By nonparametolic analysis, a median and a 90% tile of serum AGPR level obtained from 283 normal volunteers were 0.4 micrograms/L and 2.4 micrograms/L, respectively...
- The asialoglycoprotein receptor is a potential liver-specific receptor for Marburg virusS Becker
Institut fur Virologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Germany
J Gen Virol 76:393-9. 1995..5-fold. Interaction of MBG with the hepatic ASGP-R could thus explain the marked hepatotropism of the virus...
- The major form of the murine asialoglycoprotein receptor: cDNA sequence and expression in liver, testis and epididymisR S Monroe
Wellcome Research Laboratories, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Gene 148:237-44. 1994..Taken collectively, these data describe the cloning and sequencing of the MHL-1 cDNA and illustrate its deduced aa homology to RHL-1 and H1.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- The secretory pathway is normal in dithiothreitol-treated cells, but disulfide-bonded proteins are reduced and reversibly retained in the endoplasmic reticulumH F Lodish
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
J Biol Chem 268:20598-605. 1993....
- Receptor-mediated entry of hepatitis B virus particles into liver cellsU Treichel
Department of Internal Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Federal Republic of Germany
Arch Virol 142:493-8. 1997..These results suggest that the ASGPR is capable of specifically binding HBV-particles and, moreover, to mediate their hepatic endocytosis which ultimately could be responsible for the HBV-infection of liver cells...
- A novel, orally administered nucleoside analogue, OGT 719, inhibits the liver invasive growth of a human colorectal tumor, C170HM2C Rohlff
Oxford GlycoSciences, Abingdon, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 59:1268-72. 1999..This hypothesis is presently being explored in clinical trials for primary hepatocellular carcinoma and colorectal liver metastases...
- Evaluation of asialoglycoprotein receptor imaging agent as a marker of hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury and recoveryH Toyama
Department of Radiology, Fujita Health University, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 13:155-60. 1999..ASGP-R binding may provide valuable information on ischemia-reperfusion injury and recovery...
- The asialoglycoprotein receptor in human hepatocellular carcinomas: its expression on proliferating cellsD Trere
Servizio di Citopatologia, Policlinico S Orsola, and Dipartimento di Patologia Sperimentale, Universita di Bologna, Italy
Br J Cancer 81:404-8. 1999....
- The N-glycans determine the differential blood clearance and hepatic uptake of human immunoglobulin (Ig)A1 and IgA2 isotypesA Rifai
Department of Pathology, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Exp Med 191:2171-82. 2000..In addition, dysfunction of the ASGR or altered N-linked glycosylation, but not O-glycans, that affects recognition by this receptor may account for the elevated serum IgA seen in liver disease and IgA nephropathy...
- A 3D model for the human hepatic asialoglycoprotein receptor (ASGP-R)A M Bianucci
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Pisa, Italy
J Biomol Struct Dyn 18:435-51. 2000..The new modeling procedure used here appears to be a well-suited method for structural analysis of small regions, located around the ligands, in proteins of unknown 3D structure...
- Efficiency of liposomes surface-modified with soybean-derived sterylglucoside as a liver targeting carrier in HepG2 cellsY Maitani
Department of Pharmaceutics, Hoshi University, Ebara 2 4 41, Shinagawa ku, 142 8501, Tokyo, Japan
J Control Release 75:381-9. 2001..SG-liposomes are potentially useful drug carriers to the liver, because the glucose residue may work as a kind of ligand for ASGP-R...
- Cloning, mapping, and characterization of a human homologue of the yeast longevity assurance gene LAG1H Pan
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Genomics 77:58-64. 2001..Furthermore, LASS2 protein was able to inhibit the colony formation of human hepatoma cells in vitro, which suggests that this gene may be involved in the regulation of cell growth...
- Targeting hepatocytes for drug and gene delivery: emerging novel approaches and applicationsJian Wu
Transplant Research Institute, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Front Biosci 7:d717-25. 2002..Finally, galactosylated polymers are promising for gene delivery, but require further studies to verify their potential applications...
- H2, the minor subunit of the human asialoglycoprotein receptor, trafficks intracellularly and forms homo-oligomers, but does not bind asialo-orosomucoidAmit Saxena
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and The Oklahoma Center for Medical Glycobiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73190, USA
J Biol Chem 277:35297-304. 2002..Nonetheless, these results raise the intriguing possibility that naturally occurring H2 homo-oligomers may exist in human hepatocytes and have an as yet undiscovered function...
- Interactions of human mesangial cells with IgA and IgA-containing immune complexesJan Novak
Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Kidney Int 62:465-75. 2002..The circulating immune complexes (CIC) are composed of galactose- (Gal) deficient IgA1 and IgG or IgA1 antibodies specific for the Gal-deficient IgA1; interactions of these CIC with mesangial cells (MC) were studied...
- Expression of a functional asialoglycoprotein receptor in human renal proximal tubular epithelial cellsYing ying T Seow
Department of Renal Medicine, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Nephron 91:431-8. 2002..In the kidney, there has been evidence both for and against its existence in mesangial cells...
- Predictors of successful hepatic resection: prognostic usefulness of hepatic asialoglycoprotein receptor analysisNorihiro Kokudo
Department of Surgery, Cancer Institute Hospital, 1 37 1 Kami Ikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo, Japan 170 8455
World J Surg 26:1342-7. 2002..Cirrhotic patients and patients with a low R0-remnant are at higher risk for postoperative liver failure. The present study confirms the usefulness of hepatic asialogycoprotein receptor analysis in liver surgery...
- Palmitoylation-defective asialoglycoprotein receptors are normal in their cellular distribution and ability to bind ligand, but are defective in ligand uptake and degradationJasper H N Yik
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oklahoma Center for Medical Glycobiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73190, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 297:980-6. 2002..We conclude that failure to palmitoylate Cys residues in either or both subunits of human ASGP-Rs results in very inefficient uptake and degradation of ligands...
- The position of cysteine relative to the transmembrane domain is critical for palmitoylation of H1, the major subunit of the human asialoglycoprotein receptorJasper H N Yik
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Oklahoma Center for Medical Glycobiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73190, USA
J Biol Chem 277:47305-12. 2002..We conclude that the spacing of a Cys residue relative to the TMD in the primary protein sequence of H1 is the major determinant for successful palmitoylation...
- Role of the asialoglycoprotein receptor in binding and entry of hepatitis C virus structural proteins in cultured human hepatocytesBertrand Saunier
Edison Biotechnology Institute and College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ohio University, Athens 45701, USA
J Virol 77:546-59. 2003..Our observations suggest that HCV structural proteins bind to and cointernalize with the ASGP-R in cultured human hepatocytes...
- [Study on the hepatocytic cell targetability of liposomes]Xin pu Hou
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 38:143-6. 2003..To target for hepatocytic cell, liposomes was modified by special ligand...
- Liver asialoglycoprotein receptor levels correlate with severity of alcoholic liver damage in ratsCarol A Casey
Liver Study Unit, Department of Internal Medicine and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha NE 68198, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 96:76-80. 2004..These results demonstrate that a correlation exists between the progression of alcohol-associated liver injury, as defined by the severity of liver pathology, and an ethanol-induced decline in ASGP-R content...
- Clinical application of TcGSANorihiro Kokudo
Department of Surgery, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 30:845-9. 2003..Considering the moderate cost and widespread availability of gamma cameras, a TcGSA test should be performed on patients whose liver function are not adequately estimated by an ICG test or a Child-Turcotte score...
- Asialoglycoprotein receptor facilitates hemolysis in patients with alcoholic liver cirrhosisPhilip Hilgard
University Hospital Essen, Department for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Essen, Germany
Hepatology 39:1398-407. 2004....
- Cellular disposition of arabinogalactan in primary cultured rat hepatocytesTetsuro Tanaka
Department of Biopharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Fukuyama University, Sanzo, Gakuen cho, Fukuyama, Hiroshima 729 0292, Japan
Eur J Pharm Sci 22:435-44. 2004....
- [Preliminary study on the inhibition of hepatitis B viral expression in vitro via specific receptors mediated ribozyme transfer]Y Li
Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100050
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 11:110-3. 1997....
- Characterization of the asialoglycoprotein receptor under hypoxic conditions in primary cultured rat hepatocytesA Hon Kwon
Department of Surgery, Kansai Medical University, Osaka 570 8507, Japan
J Nucl Med 46:321-5. 2005..99m)Tc-Galactosyl-human serum albumin is a liver scintigraphic agent that binds to asialoglycoprotein receptors (ASGP-R) on hepatocytes. We determined the number of ASGP-R during hypoxic conditions in primary cultured rat hepatocytes...
- The lobular expression of the rat asialoglycoprotein receptor is regulated at the posttranscriptional levelMara Massimi
Department of Basic and Applied Biology, University of L Aquila, 67010 L Aquila, Italy
Liver Int 25:184-93. 2005..These findings indicate that the distribution of ASGP-R is heterogeneous across the liver lobule, with a pattern of expression prevalently modulated at the posttranscriptional level...
- Autoantibodies against CYP2D6 and other drug-metabolizing enzymes in autoimmune hepatitis type 2Takaharu Mizutani
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Nagoya, Japan
Drug Metab Rev 37:235-52. 2005..Autoantibodies against CYP11A1, CYP17, and/or CYP21 involved in the synthesis of steroid hormones are also detected in patients with adrenal failure, gonadal failure, and/or Addison disease...
- The B domain of coagulation factor VIII interacts with the asialoglycoprotein receptorN Bovenschen
Department of Plasma Proteins, Sanquin Research at CLB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 3:1257-65. 2005..Because FVIII clearance in the presence of a bolus injection of RAP still occurs fairly efficient, also RAP-independent mechanisms are likely to be involved...
- The asialoglycoprotein receptor clears glycoconjugates terminating with sialic acid alpha 2,6GalNAcEric I Park
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17125-9. 2005....
- Interaction between desialylated hepatitis B virus and asialoglycoprotein receptor on hepatocytes may be indispensable for viral binding and entryT Owada
Hokkaido Red Cross Blood Center, Nishi ku, Sapporo shi, Hokkaido, Japan
J Viral Hepat 13:11-8. 2006..We concluded that this method makes it feasible to evaluate the infectivity of HBV in vitro and that ASGP-R may be a specific HBV receptor once viral particles are desialylated...
- Copolymers for hepatocyte-specific targeting carrying galactose and hydrophobic alkyl groupsTakahiro Hiratsuka
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Macromol Biosci 8:231-8. 2008..The copolymers efficiently delivered a water-insoluble drug to the hepatocytes. Hence, they be used to deliver hydrophobic drugs to cure various liver diseases...
- OLIGOSACCHARIDE STRUCTURE &FUNCTION IN RECOGNITIONJacques U Baenziger; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will define how these receptors control the concentrations of hormones and inflammatory proteins during pregnancy and the response to injury. ..
- KARIN MARIA HOFFMEISTER; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will survey platelet glycoproteins from mice deficient for the hepatic asialoglycoprotein receptor2 (Asgr2), the macrophage galactose lectin (MGL), or both to define the glycan- bearing platelet ligands for the Asgr and ..
- MOLECULAR ABERRANCIES OF IGA IN IGA NEPHROPATHYMilan Tomana; Fiscal Year: 2001..Results of these studies should provide information concerning the behavior of structurally altered IgA1 proteins and provide a rational explanation for their deposition in kidney mesangium of IgAN patients. ..
- REGULATION OF RECEPTOR MEDIATED ENDOCYTOSIS--HUMAN CELLRobert Fallon; Fiscal Year: 1990..This will permit, when combined with the requisite biochemical tools, detailed studies on a molecular level into the pathophysiology of bone marrow failure syndromes, both congenital and acquired...
- Dietary Modulation of Sialic Acid ModificationsEric I Park; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal is designed to test a novel mechanism for how a majority of circulating proteins may be removed from the circulation. ..
- Structure-Function Analysis of LactoferrinDOUGLAS MCABEE; Fiscal Year: 2002..Lt sub-domains, which when removed from Lf-Tf hybrids elicit a loss-of-binding phenotype, will be placed into a Tf background to determine if they confer a gain-of-binding phenotype on Tf. ..
- OLIGOMERIZATION AND FOLDING OF MEMBRANE PROTEINSRebecca Wells; Fiscal Year: 1999..Understanding the process of oligomer formation will provide insights into the structure of these two important receptors and will ultimately lead to an understanding of the relationship between their structure and function. ..
- OLIGOSACCHARIDE STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION IN RECOGNITIONJACQUES BAENZIGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..An understanding of these fundamental processes will ultimately yield insights that can aid in evaluating changes in plasma proteins for diagnostic and theraputic purposes. ..
- GLYCOPEPTIDES AS TARGETED DRUG DELIVERY CARRIERSKEVIN RICE; Fiscal Year: 2000..These are important factors towards developing a safe and effective receptor mediated gene delivery system for in vivo use in humans. ..
- Effects of Ethanol on Endocytosis in the LiverCAROL CASEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..This increased fibronectin concentration contributes to the pathogenesis of liver injury by its role in the initiation of the fibrogenic cascade ..
- Anti-oxidative gene therapy for liver transplantationJian Wu; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..